[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sticky is outdated as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 27

File: jj1.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
jj1.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Some sketchy ass claims:

>With very few exceptions, the principles of diet & exercise are the same for men and women.
Not according to Mark Rippetoe.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/strength-training-for-women

>The problem is that people over-consume saturated fats
Literally no evidence that sat fats are bad.
http://www.menshealth.com/health/saturated-fat

>If there's anything like a useless source of calories, alcohol is it
The evidence is that alcohol is good for you. There's no solid evidence that it affects gains.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2016/05/18/sorry-nanny-statists-alcohol-is-good-for-you-heres-why/

>taking a multivitamin supplement that gives you a flat 100% RDA dose is ... a reasonable and conservative way to cover any deficiencies in your diet
Vitamins are actually bad for you (unless you have a very serious deficiency, like scurvy).
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/the-vitamin-myth-why-we-think-we-need-supplements/277947/

>Stick to the dietary guideline of no more than 2300mg a day of sodium
No evidence. Some evidence that 2300mg can even be too low.
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a4510/mariani-salt-essay/

>One supplement that is extremely beneficial and backed up by a ton of scientific evidence is Omega-3 fatty acids
No evidence. Look it up.

>Starvation is bad
True, but being on a calorie deficit isn't staving. "Starvation" doesn't happen unless you've *literally* been in Auschwitz for months, otherwise it's a myth.
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Kelly Starrett and "mobility" are full of crap. Read Stretching Scientifically by Thomas Kurz.
http://www.exercisebiology.com/index.php/site/articles/becoming_a_supple_leopard_by_kelly_starrett_book_review/

Finally there isn't actually any solid scientific evidence that you need huge amounts of protons but I'll let that slide given the anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>38565468
worst b8 I have seen in a couple of days m8.
>>
>>38565468
Is riptoe like a scientist or something or is he just some guy who lifts and magically gained technical knowledge?
>>
>>38565468

anyone who posts ''read the sticky'' when a beginner is asking for specific advice is a massive faggot
>>
>den sources
Nice try though, 4/10 for the effort
>>
>>38565492
worst meme meme meme ive seen memed since meme memed
>>
>>38565492
sure thing

enjoy your no gains and cardio vascular incident

>>38565497
he studied geology and follows the right-hand path

>>38565504
not going to post dozens of studies since i couldn't be assed especially when most of the articles link many of them

the sticky has sources just a poor or worse
>>
File: my gf, pls don't save.png (712KB, 536x599px) Image search: [Google]
my gf, pls don't save.png
712KB, 536x599px
>>
>>38565468
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13477/full

LOL

>alcohol is a cause for 7 different types of cancer
>>
>>38565468
The sticky might explain why 90%+ of the people on this board look like shit. Seriously, everyone on this board is a 150 lb / 5'9 manlet.

Don't improve the sticky; it's less competition for people that followed actual good advice.
>>
>>38565468
>an article clearly written by alcohol Jew
>no no goys! It's good for you! Keep buying $30/bottle liquid calories!

One thing I agree with you is that sticky is fucking useless
It even recommend bulk+cut for natty

Not surprise but all /general/ on /fit/ is nothing more than a bunch of tripfaggot blogs and chatting room. NOTHING useful posted ever

I've asked questions in either /owg/ /fraud/ /plg/ literately get memed everytime and nobody gives a shit about lifting
Fuck sticky fuck /fit/
>>
>>38565529
so is sunlight and vitamin c and sleep

good job linking something you didn't read past the abstract. "5.8% of all cancers are from alcohol." fucking wow. how much of that 5.8% was from alcoholics. also if i have a 0.1% chance of getting this specific cancer in my life and alcohol increases the chance of getting that cancer by 100% that's still only 0.2%.
>>
>>38565556
What do you mean by recommended bulk + cut? That's how you gain muscle + lose fat
>>
>>38565468
>>38565522
>>>/tv/
>>
>>38565574
No, that's how you gain weight and lose weight. You lose fat by gaining muscle without gaining weight, you don't magically go up a bunch of weight if you don't increase your calories. Something has to go and that something is fat. You gain muscle by lifting weights and eating a decent amount of protein. That's it.
>>
>>38565546
Mfw I am actually a 5'9 150 lb manlet
Only been lifting for 3 months tho, but good progress
>>
>>38565566
>Even without complete knowledge of biological mechanisms, the epidemiological evidence can support the judgement that alcohol causes cancer of the oropharynx, larynx, oesophagus, liver, colon, rectum and breast.

LOL
>>
>>38565574
DYEL plz
>>
File: 1470733602882.jpg (23KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1470733602882.jpg
23KB, 258x245px
>>38565468
>The evidence is that alcohol is good for you
>>
File: 0*tqpY8WtJHUvzEvER.jpg (51KB, 556x600px) Image search: [Google]
0*tqpY8WtJHUvzEvER.jpg
51KB, 556x600px
>>38565682
>>
>The evidence is that alcohol is good for you. There's no solid evidence that it affects gains.
wtf? alcohol destroys protein synthesis. it literally destroys gains.

>>38565696
>deaths
wow it means nothing.

i agree with some of that stuff but alcohol is inherently bad for gains productions
>>
File: 1464856808769.jpg (167KB, 558x886px) Image search: [Google]
1464856808769.jpg
167KB, 558x886px
>>
>implying alcohol isn't actually helpful for /fit/fags because of how it temporarily disables autism
>>
>>38565721
>because one unreplicated study kind of suggested that maybe it does by speculating hypothetically on a mechanism but without actually proving any connection, that one time many years ago
http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

sure thing breh

also

>>deaths
>wow it means nothing.
kekd

you'll accept "hurts gains" on the flimsiest of evidence, but then blow off literally fucking dying like you don't give a fuck #yolo
>>
Health and fitness is such a clusterfuck that you can literally find a coach or ""research"" to support anything
>>
>>38565468
>Not according to Mark Rippetoe.

Whatever rippletits says about diet is wrong
>>
>>38565787
99.9% of fitness research and studies is meaningless
only advice from experienced people counts for something
that's why if someone starts posting links to """"studies"""" it means they're most likely retarded or noobs
>>
File: 1472908476124.png (7KB, 90x124px) Image search: [Google]
1472908476124.png
7KB, 90x124px
>>
>>38565601
>you need excess protein
>protein containing 4kcal/gram
>subsequently having excess calories.
The protein going to your muscles has calories. You need excess for it not to be metabolised surely?
>>
File: 1467145570107.png (467KB, 1754x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1467145570107.png
467KB, 1754x2480px
>>38565787
>>38565814
Lol no you cant, not if you have actual standards for research like pic related.

Research is still the best window into the truth of this universe. Sometimes you need to wait for peer review. Sometimes you can find overwhelming amounts of replication.

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

There is a subtle ability that you gain to wade through the faulty research, if you start off on this path. To think that there is a zero rate, or a 99.9% rate of falseness is retarded. Its probably only near 20% if you practice a lot.
>>
Also we NEED to get rid of that broatz cardiofag gif and get a t-rex one instead.
>>
File: jurassic-park-t-rex-escape.jpg (169KB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic-park-t-rex-escape.jpg
169KB, 1920x1032px
>>38565873
>mfw i realized dinosaurs are real
>>
>>38565696
wtf I hate being male now
>>
File: 1471516467430.jpg (6KB, 207x183px) Image search: [Google]
1471516467430.jpg
6KB, 207x183px
>>38565696
>>
>>38565861
tell that to people who try to support their arguments by posting studies
most people don't understand that a study that's barely relevant to the subject and was done on 20 obese children or rats doesn't mean anything for a healthy adult male who lifts weights
on the other hand you can't really go wrong by listening to someone who's respected in the community and has been lifting and training other people for decades
>>
>>38565468
You're not wrong, but those are the worst sources I've ever seen.
>>
>>38565848
You only need so much protein for your body to not break down any muscle. There have been studies that put people on 60% TDEE diets over the course of a month and those who eat 0,8g protein per lb of bodyweight gain a bit of muscle even on a deficit that extreme. The body will adapt even on a deficit, just a big less than at maintenance.
>>
>>38565926
thats just an authority/popularity fallacy dude. Though I get your point. If you find a person who has a good mind, he can filter through all the shit for you and present to you good research...which is called peer review in science terms...

the thing is, by making wild claims with novel research things, it can get examined and criticized. If other people read through it, they may find things to dismiss it, they may find things that peak their interest, its a win win most of the time for everyone (unless if its a boring, corporate sponsored shitfest)

Just go here for example https://experiment.com/

Its a kickstarter for research. There are some heralds of the medical world involved in many of the research projects. If the methodology is sound, it may give to you a nugget of truth in return.

the thing with research is

>it can be done out of love, with proper methodology
>it can be done out of love, with improper methodology (and somewhat false results)
>it can be done out of hate/greed with proper/improper methodology
>the tools to measure may be slightly off
>the chemicals may not be easily replicated
>it may be part of a large pro or anti camp and get too much support/too much hate

and on and on and on.

Also read this. http://www.nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox

The reason why there is so much tl;dr. So much attention to science, so much energy inside of this field is because the scientific method is the best thing for truth that we have right at this moment. Nothing beats it. Nothing contributed as much as science to our great standards of living, to our exploration of reality as science did.
>>
>>38565926
Theres a lot of money going into studying the ways to achieve top athletic performance, though its not done for bodybuilding (nobody care about bodybuilders IRL) but rather for olympic athletes and various national sports teams, also the military.
Personally Id much rather trust a profesionally done study than some guy who just happens to look good. Rejecting research in favor of anecdotal evidence is not a good idea.
>>
>>38565831
<bluetext
>>
>>38565468
I hold your same beliefs and almost made the same bread a few weeks ago but i chickened out because I thought the mods might punish me for dissenting against the almighty Kek. Godspeed OP.
>>
>>38565468
>What does she do to afford such condo?
>>
>>38565529
You are a retard correlation =/= causation
And various studies show that moderate amounts of wine/beer daily show positive correlations between blood pressure, less stress, etc. Stop being such a ninny faggot stay fit but enjoy life mang you only get one so take advantage of the opportunity.
>>
File: 1472658208821.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1472658208821.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>38565468
>He was mad enough to post this novel
>>
>>38566202
that is literally what the study says and comes to a conclusion. Jesus you dumb addicts and your worldplays. Fuck off.
>>
>>38566229
wordplays*
>>
File: 1464635126146.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464635126146.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>linking to t-nation
>>
>The evidence is that alcohol is good for you.

How convenient that its proven as mindless consumerism marches trough he planet. Now i wont have to think twice before spending money! Maybe weed is harmless too? Thats a big undeveloped market right there!

>True, but being on a calorie deficit isn't staving.

You will tell that to ruptured muscles that don't have repair material.
Actually years of physiotherapy will.
>>
>>38566229
>thee study
>the
>singular
>only
>all hail the study
>all serve the study
>know that its love for you is infinite
>all bow to its sacred numbers
Bro think for yourself alcohol is one of man kinds first discoveries/invention. At best total abstinence may tack on maybe a handful of extra years of life but there is no way to know if they will be quality years and you can't go back in time and recapture the enjoyment of a great meal accompanied by a great wine and rounded off by a sweet and savory dessert of assorted fine cheeses, honey, and fruit with a glass of cognac to return to for warm, caramel, Smokey sips of deliciousness.
>never sitting in that warm glow of satisfaction from a great meal with a comfortable buzz
Why do you exist?
>>
>>38566402
>>never sitting in that warm glow of satisfaction from a great meal with a comfortable buzz
>Never sitting in the feeling of degenerate substance Y
>smoking which causes cancer
>high sugary food which helps alzheimer, high blood pressure and a bunch of other bad stuff

In case you haven't noticed, this century is defined by the people who can abstain from their feelings. From the instincts that are tied to different circumstances, from times long past.

What you have is a repetitive negative. Meaning it offers no benefits to you. It actually does the opposite of giving benefits. And its repetitive in nature.

Beyond the short term satisfaction of simple neural cells, it does nothing. Its a simple repeating script. Its a mark of a beast, not that of a conscious being who can change its destiny with its willpower.

In feelings lies no truth.
>>
File: EatChocolateLoseWeight.jpg (56KB, 484x726px) Image search: [Google]
EatChocolateLoseWeight.jpg
56KB, 484x726px
>>38565468
>The evidence is that alcohol is good for you.
>>
>>38566524
Smoking? Never said that. High sugary? Nigga if your diet can't make room for a bit of honey and fruit then you have a problem. And abstinence isn't a mark of discipline its the mark of one lacks the self control to practice moderation.
>hi I'm anon and I'm a child.
>>
>>38565696

>drinking no alcohol is as good as drinking >6 times a week

WAT
>>
>>38566560
I mean there is no reason why you can't lose 20 pounds while having chocolate I see lots of /fit/izens who use a bit of dark chocolate. Saying you should eat it is a bit of a stretch but still a far cry from the smarmy sarcasm you are projecting.
>>
>>38566635
Why should you consume these things though?

I tell you why. Because they feel good.

But outside of feelings they have no purpose.

In /fit/ we consume proteins, creatine and a bunch of other things because they have a purpose, not related to our feelings, but related to real world effects that are good for us.

How in the flying fuck do you think you could come in here and preach your normie, feel good thing that animals do?

Alcohol wasnt always accepted as an okay thing and if we want to we can start this up again and ostracize and bully you degenerates.
>>
File: beautiful croatia.jpg (28KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful croatia.jpg
28KB, 540x380px
>>38565468
>menshealth
>crikey
>atlantic
>esquire
wow what compelling sources you have there m8
>>
>>38566674
>http://examine.com/supplements/Cocoa+Extract/
>This page features 197 unique references to scientific papers.

As far as cocoa goes, its well past "moderate amount of evidence for its beneficial effects" area. Near high.
>>
>>38565848

Bulking and cutting is a complete myth, even when on roids.

You can absolutely lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

> .5 grams of protein per body lb to maintain muscle
> 1.08 grams of protein per body lb saw 2.5 lbs of muscle growth in over a period of 4 weeks.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
>>
>>38566637
it's per day, not per week
>>
>>38565848
your body has stores of fat for energy, so it can use say 95% of ingested food + 5% equiv. of fat for it's energy needs, and use the leftover 5% protons from the ingested food for muscles, theoretically
>>
>>38565468
>all the links are buzzfeed-tier

wew lad
>>
>>38566689
*sigh*
>thinking being a robot sperglord will lead to either lifting gainz or social gainz.
Wake up anon the rest of the world doesn't have a problem you do for not getting along with us. It is WE who ostracize YOU and that's why your fevered wet dream of ostracizing me will never come to fruition. Your life is a shining example of obsessive futility.
>>
>all these retards who don't realize that drinking a few drinks a night can lower the risk of heart disease by 50%

Why does /fit/ hate alcohol again? Anybody who values their health will have a few drinks every night.
>>
>>38566705
Yeah but you don't NEED to eat it to be healthy that was my point.
>>
>>38566767
>*sigh*
>>
>>38566767
lol, I sure as hell can ostracize you anon. Deep down, the first subtle dismissal always happens from my side towards other people. Deep down, even if you dare not admit it, the natural mind, which was active for millions of years knows what weakness, what degeneracy is. That animalistic part of you, you may suppress.

But every time you meet a healthy person who is not obese, who doesnt drink, who doesnt smoke, who takes care of his body. Millions of years of biological programming tells you that you are wrong.

The ostracization flows forth from that. And the tears that I reap from it are delicious.

Popularity fallacies are bullshit as well. I can stand tall all on my own, against hoardes of fat, soda sipping, alcoholic, weed smoking beasts and still feel good.

It is not me who needs you, it is you who needs me.
>>
>>38565468
obviously sticky has flaws

but when you critique it at least use actual sources and dont just link to cringy blogs
>>
>>38565468
Lol at those sources
>men's health, esquire
That's the equivalent of reading a Cosmo article dude. If you're going to source information, you need to do it to reputable, empirical, peer reviewed sources like journals. The fact that you chose these sources just makes you look like an uneducated dumb ass, you're that dumb valley girl in the corner quoting Cosmo dude.
How can we trust your post when you don't even know how to find empirical evidence? We can't
>>
>>38565468
>alcohol is good for you
I know this is bait, but nigga you still retarded. Alcohol is literally a poison.
>>
>>38566883
Wat are you even on about anymore? You conflate so many behaviors together it doesn't even make sense. You clearly have delusions of grandeur. Say hi to Eric and Dylan and the rest of the ubermensches for me.
>>
File: overweight_adult_03_fig2.gif (143KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
overweight_adult_03_fig2.gif
143KB, 960x720px
>>38566883
>we as the average people are so extremely desirable!
no you are not, you are pic related. Why the fuck would I want to associate myself with you.

>smoking
>soda sipping
>alcoholic things
Most of these things even go hand in hand together as most people are dumb and disgusting as shit.

>children have even worse eating habits than their parents and are ballooning up even faster
>listen to chimp noises and have chimp idols
>do even fewer sports than their parents
>more bodyfat and lower muscle mass, lower grip strength than the previous generation

>"I am special because I sip hollow materials that do not even contribute anything to me"

Lol degenerates.
>>
>>38565468
All i want is a girl who wears shit like this and to just spend the entire day in the bedroom fucking her brains out. Fuck brehs
>>
>>38566983
Like a negro, you lack the IQ to form long term concepts and impressions of reality. Content in your little box of simplicity, where simple feelings are the endpoint of all that you know. Never peeking outside of your little box.

Slowly being pulled along with every other human beast like >>38567005

Into a maelstrom of depravity and eventually, a genetic death. What use do you think dead people have to me?
>>
>>38565468
Well, you're right.
Anyone who says dieting and exercise should be approached the same no matter the sex or goals of the person is either fucking retarded an obese out of shape feminist or a gay.

Over consumption of unnatural foods is actually bad.

Alcohol is actually useless as a source of calories but it's benefits are really played up by the alcohol industry.

Vitamins, if we are not getting them from our meals, are a necessary evil.

Sodium. No idea

Omega 3 fatty acids, never really looked into it. But I would be interested in some studies.

Starvation is actually bad if you want to maintain muscle and lose excess fat and not die from vitamin deficiencies and your organs shutting down. Eating less but healthily has been proven to have all sorts of positive effects for your body, the negatives are you'll have less energy and you'll not produce as much hormones.

Mobility stuff? Never bought into it. Seems like a scam but I just didn't really pay any attention.

And pushing strength training and being a gym monkey over everything else, even going so far as to shit on everyone to do it is why no one comes here for advice and basically ignores the sticky.

I honestly want someone who has followed the advice of the sticky 100% to post pics.

>>38565574
If they have to come here to learn how to lift and diet then they damned sure aren't wise enough and self aware enough to do bulking and cutting to gain extra muscle as a natural.
It's been shown to be fucking retarded.
>>
>>38565468
>>Starvation is bad
>True, but being on a calorie deficit isn't staving. "Starvation" doesn't happen unless you've *literally* been in Auschwitz for months, otherwise it's a myth.
>http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
when did the sticky claim a caloric deficit was starvation?
>>
>>38567054
>genetically dead
Wew lad good luck on finding your ava braun cuz most women aren't attracted to spergs
>>
>>38566883
>you can't be healthy if you drink

Holy fucking kek you /pol/ rejects are delusional.

>>38566961
So is vitamin c. Dose makes the poison you ignorant underage retard.

>>38567071
>muh appeal to nature

OP's sources were shit, but at least he TRIED to back up his bullshit. You couldn't even handle that much.
>>
>>38567146
We are in the later stages of societal decay, but with industrialization we are even worse off than before.

that 70% number of obesity/overweightness is no fucking joke. The vast majority of society, along with their habits are fucking unhealthy. Thats a fact.

and other cool fact is that this number is still going up, it still is exploding right now. Soda usage has not gone down, it has only become more refined and more poisonous as coca cola has not been stopped or punished.

These changes to the body are unprecedented. Never in the history of all things that were human did we manage to become so fat and unhealthy.

I am not gullible enough to think that we have souls, I firmly believe that everything a human is comes forth from the DNA and above that, through the minerals/chemicals/hormones/gut bacteria interacting with that DNA.

The effects of obesity are long term, very long term and they are undocumented. We already had a taste of how bad we can fuckup our humans with leaded gasoline, which lowered IQ points in whites, and made them more violent as well.

If you are too dumb to see the great calamity that lies in the future, it is your loss. Evolution dictates that you are destined for the dustbin of history along with the rest of the people who did not adapt.

So again, I have no use for genetic dead ends. I do not care about you. March into genetic, with good feelings for all I care, with your friends. Who cares...most of you will die anyhow to these trends.
>>
>>38567148
>appeal to nature

At first I didn't know what you were talking about then I realized that you were saying that "unnatural foods" was an appeal to nature.

No, it's been proven that artificial sweeteners, and dyes, and basically every fast food, junkfood, and premade food you can name has horrid effects on our bodies.

It's like saying that unless you can prove that the world turning towards the sun makes one side of the world light up with empirical evidence then you have no evidence that it has anything to do with it.
>>
>>38567148
Unnatural foods aren't great for you though. Try eating exclusively wholesome unadulterated foods for two weeks then eat a whopper with "cheese" and tell me how you feel.
>>
>>38567209
God damn it are you the asshole who keeps buying all of wal marts .22 bullets off the shelves and stashing them in your basement. It's not cool anon I need those bullets to keep the varmint population down at my house. Stop hoarding all the supplies in your shelter. And get your dale gribble theories outta here while you're at it.
>>
>>38565468
Yeah ive noticed that. Also it recommends weighted ab exercises, which Dr Stuart McGill says ruin the spine. McGill recommends stuff like planks, side planks etc
>>
>>38565613
Are you me?
>>
>>38567287
what? The obesity/overweight trends are a normie, MSM allowed narrative. They arent disputed. Are you so low on the IQ food chain that you cant even get into that haha?

Jesus fuck, stop posting and start lurking more you useless piece of shit.
>>
>>38567320
It's the crazy extrapolations about what the trend will lead to that concern me. And the fact that you don't seem to understand that diseases that kill after the reproductive stage of life have zero impact on evolution make me question your intellect even more
>>
>>38567406
wat
http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/overweight-moms-to-be-more-likely-to-have-obese-kids/
>>
>>38567432
wait, you know what I think il stop posting to that tard now. He doesnt deserve my presence.
>>38567406
Lurk moar fagget.
>>
>>38565503
HEY GUISE HOW DO I LOOSE BELLY FAT!!??
>>
>>38565468
>regular moderate drinking
what's the standard?
German health brands women as alcoholics if they have more than 1 beer per 2 days.
>>
>>38567432
Modern "overweight" women were considered medically obese 30 years ago.

The only thing that's changed is that the weight classes were moved up to prevent people from noticing the epidemic of obesity.

Women in the high test threads? Have been proven to birth stronger healthier and SMARTER children and have and easier time doing it then thinner more low fat women.

As long as they don't like completely pork up.
>>
>>38567432
>having kids
>genetic dead ends
Not knowing the difference between passing on bad habits and bad genes. Are you really gonna take on the haes argument that obesity is mostly genetic just to troll me on a Timbuktu trading board?
>>
>>38565546
That hit close home.
Speaking of which, could anyone link a guide that goes into specifics on how one should be eating to gain muscle? I have no clue, and i'm finding it hard to figure out.
>>
>>38567571
low fat women = high test (if they have the proper measurements)

What those women have is large hips, small waists and large shoulders. That is high test.

Being fat has nothing to do with high test.

Being fat is always bad, 100% of the time.

I cant believe that there are so many retards posting here. If I had the mod controls here I would start banning people like you. Too many dumb dumbs here.
>>
File: TheRealSticky.png (74KB, 693x1654px) Image search: [Google]
TheRealSticky.png
74KB, 693x1654px
Use this
>>
>>38567596
kill yourself you dumbass

>not knowing of the hormones passed on from mother to child

Jesus fuck you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>38567636
Then how cum 80% of NFL players have a fat black mom? Kys you king of meme.
>>
>>38567668
sorry, still 0/10 and would not drink with you. What you are posting is basically just low IQ stupidity/being dumb.
>>
>>38567290
Don't planks also ruin the spine?
>>
>>38567688
Stop you're gonna cut me with all that edge. Nothing worse than straight edge edgelords they are just the edgiest.
>>
>>38566736
>>38566710
>>38566002
Thank you guys for the info without being twats. Guess I've been misguided for a while
>>
>>38567726
cry about it faggot, or better yet, why dont you sip some hollow mineral that does nothing for you, like a cruched mineral rock or something dumb and normie like that.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (60KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
60KB, 700x621px
>>38567806
>muh quartz crystal
>you aint much if you dont drink cruched quartz crystal with me, lol cuck

Its pretty much how alcoholic tards sound to me.

Since pointless effects on the body are pretty similar, only one is actually worse...
>>
>>38567852
>sips on cruched quartz crystal
>"you aint much if you aint bleeding on the inside, you see quartz is tough, do you wanna be tough kid? All us cool (not dumb) adults do it."

t.alcoholics
>>
>>38567852
Ive never seen a kid so mad his friends didn't invite him out last night
>>
>>38567892
I actually have more fun shitposting here. If there actually were cool people out there, doing cool stuff, not sipping quartz crystals I might get jelly of them. But we dont live in such a healthy society, and I already am a member of a sports club. Perhaps il join another one if I have the time.
>>
>>38567917
>go with someone outside
>walk 5 meters out of the door
>"fuuug, muh ciggy"
>go inna city
>"oh fug, its nice weather, wanna beer brewsky?"
>keep on walking
>"oh shit, its almost time for monkey/chimp noises"
>"I got so quartzed on friday ecks dee XD"
>"I wanna go to music festival #5466 to get quartzed badly XD"

etc.

can someone nuke this society already?
>>
>>38567917
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>38567969
Society has always been this way or worse, you moron
>>
>>38565696
>correlation implies causation

wew
>>
File: dyel electron.png (30KB, 553x340px) Image search: [Google]
dyel electron.png
30KB, 553x340px
>>38565468
>Finally there isn't actually any solid scientific evidence that you need huge amounts of protons but I'll let that slide given the anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>38567996
not in this quantity you double moron
>>
>>38567892
Hahaha
>why wouldn't they invite me, the coolest kid in the group. I mean they all look up to me and my rigorous, battle ready lifestyle. See who saves them from the fatpocolypse now
>>
>>38568035
Yes, it has
>>
>>38568053
No, it hasn't.
>>
>>38568030
You obviously need protons for dat mass
>>
>>38568078
To be honest I've been cutting protons and concentrating on neutrons, and I've actually gained mass. Although, desu, I've also cut electrons completely out of my intake.
>>
>>38567726
He's somewhat right. Fat women that develop gestational beetus bombard the babby with insulin and too much lipid for nutrition, they end up with enormous babies that often have issues for the rest of theirs lives.
>>
>>38568078
also electrons are literally beta
>>
>>38565468
no shit.

Have you even seen the guy who made the sticky? He does not even lift.

neo/fit/ is so dumb. I miss times of tinychimp and zyzz
>>
>>38568130
OP confirmed for beta electronlet?
>>
>>38568116
True but gestational beetus isn't even close to bringing down society and I fail to see how any of this loopy circular argument has to do with moderate occasional consumption of alcohol. Other than both beliefs are alarmist and retarded
>>
>>38567248
>No, it's been proven that artificial sweeteners, and dyes, and basically every fast food, junkfood, and premade food you can name has horrid effects on our bodies.

No, no it has not. The worst was red dye number 2, and that's not used anymore because of it. This is just yet another half asset pseudo vegan bs trying to vilify modern advancements. Feel free to post some scientific sources proving your claim, but that will be hard since there are none.

>>38567251
Unnatural foods include more things than fake cheese. It's one thing to say certain processed foods aren't great, and another to say that all "unnatural" ingredients and foods are bad.
>>
>>38568092
Honestly, though, cutting protons out of your diet is probably a bad thing, considering protein is acidic. pH (potential hydrogen) is availability of hydrogen (H+) ions.

As for electrons, that has an issue too. No Cl- means systematic cell death.

I'd recommend a program I call "protons and juicy electrons every time", my son.
>>
>>38568250
I didn't read any of the previous arguments, I just thought he was going on about fatness in some instances of pregnancy.

I can understand why /fit/ is so vehemently anti-alcohol though, it's established and common scientific knowledge that alcohol inhibits proper protein synthesis.
Every point in the OP is basically bait, trying and succeeding at causing a shitstorm because almost nobody here has the know-how to call out fringe scientific theories
>>
>>38568291
Unnatural is subjective. He used a poor term in his initial statement. I assumed he meant one thing and you assumed he meant another. I realize some things in small doses like sodium nitrate aren't a big deal but by and large I don't have the time to parse every label for every ingredient so i stick to simple foods made from scratch.
>>
>>38568432
Yeah but the
>I drank a beer am I gonna lose muh gainz
Is annoying because .6 oz of alcohol doesn't affect a healthy lifestyle in a significant way.
>>
File: img0457.png (411KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
img0457.png
411KB, 400x524px
Ah yes, nutrition expert Mark Rippetoe, creator of the GOMAD diet.
>>
>>38568070
How would you know, millennial. You've only been around since 1997
>>
>>38569184
Le grass was greener back in my day
>>
why can't Americans use decimal points?

>0,8g

it's 0.8 cocksuckers!
>>
File: sddefault[1].jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault[1].jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>38565468
I'm impressed by the Thomas Kurz reference.

His book Science of Sports Training is amazing.

This is now a Kurz thread
>>
>>38565497
Ripetoe doesn't lift he only lay his hands on the lower back of peole squatting
>>
File: images[1].jpg (6KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
6KB, 266x189px
>>38569326
KURZ
>>
>>38569262
Uh Americans do use decimal points
>>
File: liam "DYEL" rosen.jpg (155KB, 952x624px) Image search: [Google]
liam "DYEL" rosen.jpg
155KB, 952x624px
>>38565468
what did you expect?

the sticky is full of utter crap and only a fool would read it
but we use it to troll total underage noobs, along with ripper toes
>>
File: Talking Heads Bait.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Talking Heads Bait.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>38565468
>>
>>38570410
>lelelel it's bait
jokes on you, it's not
>>
File: zoe4.jpg (61KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
zoe4.jpg
61KB, 500x700px
>>38567571
>Modern "overweight" women were considered medically obese 30 years ago.

>The only thing that's changed is that the weight classes were moved up to prevent people from noticing the epidemic of obesity.

literally the exact opposite happened

in the 80s you were considered overweight if your BMI was over 27.8 (men) or 27.3 (women), then in the 90s the UN randomly decided to change that to a nice round number and chose 25 for overweight (and 30 for obese), which is a tad too low, biologically speaking. overnight the amount of people classified as overweight or obese jumped significantly

http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/9806/17/weight.guidelines/

the worst thing is that every single study (and there are many) has shown that people in the new "overweight" category (meaning a BMI of 25-30) are actually healthier than those with a BMI in the new "healthy" category (< 25), meaning they have a lower all-round rate of morality. e.g.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23280227/
>>
>>38565831
4chan compresses thumbnails fuccboi
>>
>>38570630
not him, but (regardless of ebin meme official BMIs) what is called "fat" today (especially in the US) would have been called "obese" back in the days

>BMI 25-30 is healtier
no, and that's not what it's written there, and you know it you worthless piece of shite.
>>
>>38570728
>combined sample size of more than 2.88 million individuals and more than 270,000 deaths
>Relative to normal weight, both obesity (all grades) and grades 2 and 3 obesity were associated with significantly higher all-cause mortality. Grade 1 obesity overall was not associated with higher mortality, and overweight was associated with significantly lower all-cause mortality.

i quote it again for your dumb ass

>overweight was associated with significantly lower all-cause mortality.
>>
File: it's fucking nothing.png (27KB, 609x132px) Image search: [Google]
it's fucking nothing.png
27KB, 609x132px
>>38570779
you didn't even read the fucking thing, you undergrad faggot. You're one of those useless cheap fucks who only read a conclusion without knowing HOW to read it.

Don't ever reply to me or my wife's son EVER again.
>>
>>38565730
Who is this chick? She the new face of /fit/ or something?
>>
>>38570821
>it's fucking nothing.png
you're right. your image is literally just saying a) we didn't itemise each cause of death and b) we use BMI not other more specific measures.

since you obviously lack reading comprehension i will translate that for you: "we know that our BMI results are true but more investigation as to why those particular BMI values happen to give those results is needed."
>>
Alcohol is a shit drug with empty calories, why the fuck would you WANT to drink alcohol? Because it's legal? Good goy! Go fuck up your liver for no reason.
>>
>>38565566
>defending your degenerate beer swilling lifestyle this hard
>>
>>38570872
>he asked me not to reply
>I'll r-reply anyway spouting wrong shit
Stop it and finish high school. You can't translate shit, that's NOT the meaning and the goal of the study. It's not even an epidemiological study.
Don't reply and read all of it, it's available for free to everyone, you have no excuse.
>>
>>38570630
>>38570728
>>38570779
>>38570821
honestly i dont see how this argument matters anons I dont think you two should be squabbling over BMI statistics because i think we can all agree that BMI is the worst possible metric for whether or not a person is healthy. It was a statistical tool invented for simple tracking across huge populations and its not even that accurate at that since its just based on height weight and not actual body composition. Did you know that according to BMI the entire Denver Broncos football team was overweitght or obese? hmmm makes my electrons bustle
>>
>>38570883
back to /pol/ with you
>>
>>38570883
a glass of red wine or two while dining is often (attention: trigger word) correlated with a healthier life style
>>
>>38566710
>young overweight men without any prior history of strength training
Nigga of course you're going to make noob gains even while you're cutting if it's the first time you work out. I added a noticeable amount of mass to my chest, arms and back during my first 4 months of lifting despite being almost in a 500 calorie deficit. Once you've maxed out your noob gains, you will need to consume an excess amount of calories, otherwise you won't get stronger or bigger.
>>
>>38567625
what an excellent post
>>
>>38565468
>With very few exceptions, the principles of diet & exercise are the same for men and women.
Makes as much sense as saying principles of diet & exercise is the same for natties and fraudsters

It's best to stay on the safe side, if something's not well studied / results remain inconclusive. Worst thing that will happen is I won't get to stuff my face with greasy shit.

>Being a degenerate in 2016

>taking a multivitamin supplement that gives you a flat 100% RDA dose is ... a reasonable and conservative way to cover any deficiencies in your diet
I agree, shoo shoo shills.

Again, best to stay on the safe side, as there is so little to gain.

>One supplement that is extremely beneficial and backed up by a ton of scientific evidence is Omega-3 fatty acids
I looked it up, yes there is some evidence. Doesn't look like it's worth it, but I won't bash someone else for taking it.

>Starvation is bad
More like the definition of starvation is not agreed upon.
>>
>>38565468
>principles of diet and exercise are the same
>link has nothing to do with the basics of exercise
you are fucking retarded, not even going bother reading the rest of someone's post who is that bad at reading comprehension.
>>
>>38571197
the link proposed in OP addresses EXPLICITLY why diet and exercise should be addressed differently when coaching men or women, how's yours reading comprehension kid?
>>
>>38565468

LOL, the sticky actually says that?

Also what the fuck

Kinda true. If you're drinking more than 30ml nightly(about the size of a 5% abv 22oz bomber, or a large glass of wine) it starts to affect Testosterone levels and protein synthesis in the liver. Not to mention the dieresis dehydrating your dumbass.

Granted, you'd have to be getting drunk regularly to have any real negative effects. Once in a blue moon(heh) is nothing to worry about at all.

It's true that you most likely don't need them, but you literally piss out most of the water soluble ones, and unless you're taking massive doses, having extra fat solubles isn't a big deal.

>mfw I don't pay attention to my Sodium intake at all

The benefits of an optimal Omega-3/Omega-6 ratio are well documented.

I would never take those pills. That shit is fucking disgusting. Eat salmon, walnuts and sardines nigger.

>Starvation is bad

Pretty sure being chronically calorie deficient is probably a bad thing healthwise. Would never consider doing that unless I was significantly overweight.

That said, fasting during the day(I'm looking at you Achmed) or being calorie deficient for a day or two is no big deal either.

We're tough fuckers. We evolved in an environment where we'd go hungry occasionally. We can handle it.
>>
>>38570822
https://www.instagram.com/jordynjones/
>>
>>38571080
>>38571241
>In 1996, investigators from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, in Seattle, studied 18,000 people who, because they had been exposed to asbestos, were at increased risk of lung cancer. Again, subjects received vitamin A, beta-carotene, both, or neither. Investigators ended the study abruptly when they realized that those who took vitamins and supplements were dying from cancer and heart disease at rates 28 and 17 percent higher, respectively, than those who didn't.

>In 2004, researchers from the University of Copenhagen reviewed fourteen randomized trials involving more than 170,000 people who took vitamins A, C, E, and beta-carotene to see whether antioxidants could prevent intestinal cancers. The authors concluded, "We could not find evidence that antioxidant supplements can prevent gastrointestinal cancers; on the contrary, they seem to increase overall mortality." When these same researchers evaluated the seven best studies, they found that death rates were 6 percent higher in those taking vitamins.

>In 2007, researchers from the National Cancer Institute examined 11,000 men who did or didn't take multivitamins. Those who took multivitamins were twice as likely to die from advanced prostate cancer.

>In 2008, a review of all existing studies involving more than 230,000 people who did or did not receive supplemental antioxidants found that vitamins increased the risk of cancer and heart disease.

>On October 10, 2011, researchers from the University of Minnesota evaluated 39,000 older women and found that those who took supplemental multivitamins, magnesium, zinc, copper, and iron died at rates higher than those who didn't.

>Two days later, on October 12, researchers from the Cleveland Clinic published the results of a study of 36,000 men who took vitamin E, selenium, both, or neither. They found that those receiving vitamin E had a 17 percent greater risk of prostate cancer.
>>
>>38567625
thank you friend
>>
>>38571223
do you not know what principles mean?
>>
File: 1472330639767.png (355KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1472330639767.png
355KB, 396x396px
>>38571480

Well shit.

Give me some links tho'
>>
>>38571502
it's in OP
>>
File: 1471057955778.jpg (139KB, 593x460px) Image search: [Google]
1471057955778.jpg
139KB, 593x460px
>>38568764
ultimate kek
>>
>>38571500
I do, and you?
>>
>>38571480
This is taken completely out of context and the cited tests never used the RDA
>>38571502
he copy pasted from http://www.skeptical-science.com/science/vitamin-myth/
the CARET and all the test where all inanely high dosages (ex multis) and as usually you shouldn't just pick an excerpt and draw a binary conclusion. Most multis nowadays are accurately calibrated, the interaction between vitamins is important too.
>>
>>38571579
obviously where i go when I'm being too edgy in social studies
>>
>>38571647
>where all inanely high dosages (ex multis) and as usually
oops
*were all using inanely high dosages (ex multis: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15537682 ) and as usual

I'll just add that I don't advocate multis over a decent varied diet and I don't think you should absolutely supplement e.g. vitamin d
but this would take quite a while and it's pretty late here
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.