[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 44

File: frag.jpg (274KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
frag.jpg
274KB, 1600x1202px
LAST THREAD >>12646678
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12660791
>>
>>12660505
>>12660438
You (may) be fucked. Try it out even if it is a 2016 batch. You'll see what I mean when it corrodes your fucking nostrils as you take that first whiff if it IS 2016. Then comes the insane salt and rubber and versace, with very, very tiny hints of the original fruity melon hidden in the background that die almost immediately. No doubt this was done in an effort to improve performance, an issue for MI before this, because the scent will never fucking leave you.

Definitely return if 2016. Make up whatever excuse you have to.
>>
What stores carry varied mens fragrances

I want to buy something but i dont know where to go that would have enough varied ones to try
>>
>>12660825
Don't put ideas in his head, man. Let him come into it with a clean slate. Besides, he might like the more prominent citrus notes.

I say you should get your bottle, give it a smell, make up your own mind if you like it or not. That's what's important anyway. I will say, I've smelled many different batches of MI and I've yet to encounter one that I would consider bad.

We already have enough niche elitism in these threads nowadays, let's not start in on the batch elitism too.
>>
>>12660952
For a novice, Sephora's a good start. They have a decent selection of designer and mid-range niche stuff usually, and they're pretty generous with samples.
>>
>>12660952
Where do you live?
>>
Is it better to have a signature scent or have a lot of variety?
>>
>>12660956
Are you me? I had the same thoughts running through my head while reading that anon's posts.
>>
>>12661232
I'm sure plenty of people like the idea of always smelling the same, and that's great. I liken it to always wearing the same shirt, thus prefer a variety, appropriate to the weather/occasion/outfit.
>>
And let's not forget >>12656607
>>
File: Screenshot_66.png (145KB, 429x395px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_66.png
145KB, 429x395px
Just how much normie is this?
Thinking about getting it
>>
Guys, I don't know too much about perfumes and I just want a strong scent durable one, what you recommend me, something that would stick out.
>>
Are "fruity" and "masculine" notes mutually exclusive?
>>
>>12661368
dior sauvage

>>12661370
aventus is fruity and masculine
>>
Now that gourmands, fruitchoulis and rose-aoud combos are the "it" thing out there apart from the niche market exploding, any other /frag/s wanna speculate on what the next "trend" might be? Even if its probably gonna be exploited and done to death.
>>
>>12661232

Depends on personal preference, if one perfume you find is so good its the only thing you want to wear, then go for it. But if you want a rotation or wearing one fragrance all the time bores you, then having a solid rotation it good. If you prefer one fragrance family then get a nice variety in that subset, if you like multiple families (i.e. florientals, fruity-chypres and aromatic fougeres) then pick a favourite from each family that you find to be the best to your nose.
>>
File: priest.jpg (232KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
priest.jpg
232KB, 1750x2500px
>>12660791
Can I get recommendations based on this?
>>
>>12661436
Avignon by Comme des garçons
Full incense by montale
>>
My Sauvage fragrance I bought about a year ago is coming to an end. Is it still THE fuccboi fragrance or is there something new on the block?
>>
>>12661458
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>12661430
Animalics.
>>
>>12661232
Several of the people I work with wear perfume, but most are fragrance normies who own and wear just one or two different scents. We have Aventus guy, Guess lady, Bijan granny, bearded Patchouli dude, ylang-ylang hair oil nigress, Victoria's Secret body lotion girl, and CK One / Versace Eros dyke. For better or worse, I identify these individuals by their daily scents and if they changed fragrances I would notice it. If you go this route, you're betting hard on the distinctiveness as well as the widespread appeal of your chosen fragrance. Also if you're going with just one scent, please don't make it a club scent. Aventus guy is a total mong and applied way too much until I told him he could be smelled at a distance of 20 yards.

I have a large collection, but I stick with four or five core fragrances per season at work so that others have the chance to become familiar with the scents. I also like to theme my wears, rotating through ouds in the winter, green colognes and vetivers in the spring, heavier woody scents in the fall, and so forth. This way people notice over time that Anon always smells a certain way, but it's always new and different.
>>
>>12661541

Do you mean animal like civet, castoreum, musk and ambergris? If thats the case its best to find either a vintage fragrance pre 1979 when deer musk was officially banned (around mid eighties for the civet ban). If not then go for a fragrance that handles synthetic civet well (when done badly its screechy) or has some form of muscone that isn't laundry musk synthetic.

However if you did want to go vintage to find a fragrance with all these animalic essences, go for Bal A Versailles. Not the one they sell in the golden metallic looking box, that reform gets negative press, go for the one that has a pale butter yellow box with a printed cord pattern around it. It was marketed towards women but the leatheriness of the castoreum and the fact the florals are hushed kinda makes it very modern for its time.

As for ambergris, only a few perfumes today have any at all. You're probably better off going for an attar by the likes of Sultan Pasha, who definitely does use ambergris.

However, if you want a fragrance that does a good job of replicating the effects of animal essences I can recommend some of those to you too.
>>
>>12661541
ok lara
>>
I wear Rihanna body spray because I found it at Ross for $2.99
>>
>>12661368
>>12661395
Are you meming him?
>something that would stick out
>sauvage
I'm not one of those people who despise sauvage to the core. I dislike it, but it's the furthest thing from sticking out. I promise you that at any one club or bar or dinner of 30 people they'd be at least 4 or so wearing sauvage.

Eau Sauvage on the other hand, is a lovely option.
>>
>>12660956
>>12661240
Not elitist, I've never owned a non-sample quantity of 2015, not trying to lord anything over him. Just an anon who was in his situation and got burned really hard. I know I worded my posts pretty strongly, but I really don't anyone else falling for it.

Also, to the first anon...you haven't tried a 2016 batch, right? You're the one with the 2014 and 2015 backup, correct? Go to Saks and give it a whiff, then try staying that optimistic.
>>
>>12661468
Sauvage is like a refined fuccboi sort of
If you want full-on fuccboi try 1 million or Ultra Male. Personally, 1 Million Prive smells 1000x better than the original, so go for that if you do.
>>
File: 1388530909068.jpg (36KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1388530909068.jpg
36KB, 500x280px
So i did my first serious in-person shopping today, first in sephora, where I sampled at least half a dozen low-mid range choices, and a few tom ford's they were featuring. They were out of sample bottles so i will have to go back.

For all the hype, I surprised I didn't like la nuit de l'homme very much, though I'm a big fan of the original l'homme / l'homme libre.

Then I went to the bond no. 9 store - as expected, the experience is completely different, you can't try anything on your own and the sales person will only spray the paper thing for you. The one I was really interested in was tsopfh, which I was told has great longevity and sillage, but neither of those seemed to be the case, and while it smelled nice, it didn't blow me away.

Did I get memed, or do I have to get some and try it for a few days to really get the point? The in store testing set up didn't seem to give me the full picture.

>>12661674
>>12661395
>>12661368
Sauvage was abrasive as fuck to me yesterday, almost offensive - do chicks really like this stuff?
>>
Do you need a signature smell?
/How important is a signature smell?

I like a lot of fragrances but I don't wanna wear a different one every 2-3 days, people would just think I smell weird
>>
>>12661741
Wait until it dries down, it has this really great woody base.

Also, La Nuit De L'homme is really lame, you're right. I also really like L'homme and Libre, but La Nuit just fails to deliver so hard, it's really underwhelming and generic.

Also, TSOPH DOES have insane longevity, lasts for fucking days on clothes and even skin. It's very linear, though, and you don't go anosmic to it, so you might get sick of it if you wear it. Ask for a sample.
>>
>>12661741
I'd suggest buying a sample spray of TSOPH (like $8) if you have access to a Bond store or a Saks. It's a shame they didn't offer you a skin test - just ask next time. Tell them you would like to see how it wears on skin. Perfectly reasonable.

When you're ready to buy a bottle, I suggest Fragrancenet or Notino, both of which usually sell 100ml for around $140-$150.
>>
>>12661436
cdg avignon
unnum LAVS
profumum olibanum
>>
>>12661671
I actually don't have a Saks near me. It does seem like on Fragrantica and Basenotes, though, people are pretty split. A lot of people seem to love the 2016 batch, a lot of people seem to dislike it.

I don't mean to be a dick and call you out, I'm just saying, perception can be colored. If you tell the guy he's gonna get a bad batch, then he's going to dislike the scent because his brain thinks he's supposed to. Just let the dude make up his own mind. If he tries it and legitimately hates the scent, then he can worry about it.
>>
>>12661757
I have a couple dozen frags in my collection and pretty much just wear whatever I feel like on any given day. Never gotten any negative comments. I have gotten "oooh! I love that one!" from coworkers, though.
>>
>>12661361
>how much normie is this?
It's not obscure or avant-garde if that's what you mean, but it is fantastic. The only thing is its longevity is horrible.
>>
>>12661541
>Animalics
>>12661599
>Bal A Versailles
Seconded. And adding vintage Antaeus and Kouros.
>>
>>12661671
Other anon here. Yeah, elitism isn't the right word, but some people seem more susceptible to cries of "fake" or "reformulation" than others. I hate to see people's experiences of a beloved hobby tarnished by mob mentality panic.
>>
>>12661741
Smelling stuff on a piece of paper is worlds different from skin. Plus, I will not keep that piece of paper for 10 hours to see how it performs. While getting s spray on skin from a tester at a store is still better than paper, I much prefer having my own sample from which I can wear it multiple times and truly take a frag for a test drive before I decide if it's FBW.

In the US at least, it is Sephora policy to give three ~2ml spray samples per visit with a smile, so ask away. While I've never been to a B9 boutique, their reps at higher end stores seem pretty generous with samples as well. You can certainly just walk up to anyone at Sephora and say "can I get a sample of X?" but you might have to finesse it just a bit more at higher end places.
>>
>>12661436
CB I hate perfume cradle of light ur welcome.
>>
>>12661436
>>12661458
>he forgot Cardinal by Heeley
Or even Opus 1144 by UNUM
>>
Last year I bought a few samples from Creed, Kilian, L'Humaniste, and after sampling all of them, my favorites are Aventus (surprise surprise) and GIT.

I find that Creed is pretty expensive, but I'm not looking for a clone. What offers good performance, smells similar to one or the other, doesn't break the bank? Any suggestions?

I already have Terre d'Hermes and Tuscan Leather, so I'm looking for something to complement that.
>>
>>12661842
>>12662096
ah shit of course its LAVS not opus
>>
>>12661599
(samefag here)

Forgot to mention that depending how you want your animalics to act you will want to opt for either the eau de cologne, parfum de toilette (not the EDT) and the pure parfum.

Based on the ones I have from the 60s formula (the 70s formula has a ever so slight difference so go for either 60s or 70s for the real animal essences) the civet in the EdC is very prominent when you first spray and it is the dominant note throughout. The civet is the PdT is more muted as it is overall stronger in the benzoin resins and the labdanum. The civet in the pure parfum is a note you will always be able to pick out but its not dominant, id say the spices and soft florals are dominant alongside the neroli and bergamot depth, in the dry down of the pure parfum its very very very much a skin scent but the leatheriness of the castoreum, the warmness of the deer musk and the ambergris you can just about pick apart from the labdanum, vanilla and benzoin (even though the previous three are used to evoke ambergris, the ambergris in this is a totally different beast, I can only compare it to the ambergris that lingers in RHL).

So all in all, if you want a projective animalic, go for the EdC concentration. A bit more personal go for the PdT. But if you are planning for a sexy close encounter and want them to bury their nose where you applied it, go for the pure parfum. Again I cannot stress this enough, if you choose BaV, go for the pale yellow box (for the parfum and PdT) and the original white box for the EdC. The 60s formula will have the same font for "Jean Desprez" that the modern formula uses but the 70s version will have a straighter font.
>>
>>12661599
I've tried Vetiver Blanc by Sultan Pasha. Top notch salty ambergris. Can't stand shitty woody amber ACs anymore after smelling the real thing.
>>
>>12662177

Yes I love his work too. I don't know about the rest of his perfumes but RHL has a slightly salty, slightly sweet muskiness to it in the dry down. I got the white/gold variety of tincture for ambergris.co.nz which to me had a lot of tobacco facets to it but had a slight muskiness too.

As for other sultan pasha attars irisoir and incense royale were very good quality. I love his aurum as well, although its rarely available and I am saving up for the next opportunity where it springs up.
>>
>>12662192
RHL? Newest batch of the Aurum is nearly ready according to Sultan. It will be on sale soon.
>>
>>12662207

Oh I meant the one from Roja Dove sorry x3 I can't vouch for all the scents though as reviewers like Kafkaesque pointed out the H the exclusive black tier and Great Britain have synthetic woods or woody amber ACs so potentially no ambergris in those. And I will definitely be keeping an eye out on his Ebay then, can't wait!
>>
>>12662210
Oh you mean Haute Luxe. I generally trust Kafka but for that kinda money I'd rather get some vintage mitsouko extrait backups.
>>
>>12662214

Hunting for that can be very rewarding but i'd definitely make sure its unopened as most of Mitsouko's character is bergamot so if that has faded then it becomes a flat scent.

As for RHL I can't really compare it to Mitsouko except having an exceptionally strong oak moss punch to it, but it has a nice dose of patchouli too. The florals are balances by hydroxycitronellol I'm guessing because the jasmine threatens to dominate the rose most of the time but sometimes they are pretty equal. He definitely used orris irones in this but due to the cost I think he used a base perfume to help make it more pronounced in the deep base. As for the major synthetic used, the alpha iso-methyl ionone can hit you when you first spray it, kinda smells like parma violet sweets, but I think its used to again settle the orris, as well as calm the indolic nature of the jasmine. Definitely a beautiful perfume, maybe worth about £600-800 if you take packaging away and price markup for various things. Although if anyone ever managed to take that formula and make it into attar concentration, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
>>
>>12662241
Thanks. Sounds good. I'll probably get a sample.
>>
Can people here name some manly avant-garde fragrances that are good for high heat.

For reference I use dior homme and parfums de marly herod already
>>
>>12662256
Christopher Street
>>
>>12662053
Yeah, exactly this. I think a lot of people have fragrances they might otherwise love ruined for them by reading about how they've been reformulated or whatever. I just don't want to set that other anon up for failure when he gets his MI and immediately assumes the worst, y'know?
>>
>>12662318
honestly I'm more worried about getting some shit that's been sitting on a truck in dubai for 6 years
>>
Is there something that is basically exactly La Nuit but a bit lighter and more suitable for warmer weather/daytimes?
Ik its basic as fuck but I really love la nuit so I just want some variety but in a similar flavor family I guess?
>>
>>12662605
l'homme..
>>
>>12662635
Fuck I should've been able to figure that out, thanks lol
>>
>>12662098
Pineapple Vintage Intense is a good, quality fragrance that's similar. Might try Pineapple Vintage Noir if you want to go dirty/dark like Terre D'hermes and Tuscan Leather.
>>
File: 67301.jpg (24KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
67301.jpg
24KB, 400x575px
Smells terrible. Like a cheap old woman designer frag.
>>
>>12663130
I second this. I got a bottle of PVI not long ago and I very much enjoy it. Smells like a nice, smoky Aventus batch. Not too sweet, nice fruity pineapple, with a healthy kick of smoke. Very high quality fragrance.
>>
>>12663440
actually not so bad, i guess my arms just smell like shit. smells good on my neck
>>
>>12663440
smells just like the package. a bit dull, a bit good.
>>
>>12661842
>>12662066
>>12662096
Thank you very much Anons. Have a great day or night.
>>
>>12662659
For what it's worth, I don't think l'Homme smells anything like La Nuit.
>>
File: detergent.jpg (409KB, 972x486px) Image search: [Google]
detergent.jpg
409KB, 972x486px
What's the best, lowest fragrance detergent I can use to keep my clothes smelling neutral but that isn't some hippie dippie shit that won't clean them?
>>
>>12663440
gorillaz: the fragrance
>>
>>12663440
Edgy
>>
>>12664161
>lowest fragrance detergent
Have you ever been with someone and smelled their laundry detergent? Don't think I ever have, beyond clothes fresh out of the drier or drawer. If there is any laundry detergent that actually smells that strong so as to be noticeable in public, they should win some kind of award.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1594x1682px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1594x1682px
i don't fucking know. it smells alright i guess.
>>
>>12664161
Unscented detergent is a thing boss
>>
File: TFN26153133-7027.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TFN26153133-7027.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Anyone try this yet?
>>
File: 115548.jpg (147KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
115548.jpg
147KB, 900x900px
I tried pic related today at nordstrom and wasn't really impressed. just after spraying this on my wrist it just smelt like really strong sandalwood. after about ten minutes I started to enjoy the floral notes that came out but It wasn't intoxicating like most people describe it. is it normal not to be impressed by GIT? I feel like its quite overhyped
>>
>>12664980
its all subjective really
>>
what do you guys think of eccentric molecules?
>>
>>12665131
I have it, I never noticed anything special with it.
>>
File: ngbbs50fe4e0872f70.jpg (31KB, 470x400px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs50fe4e0872f70.jpg
31KB, 470x400px
>>12661760
Tried Sauvage again. I actually liked it a lot this time. But yeah, clearly this is how everyone else smells, and that probably makes it a pass for me.

I've been told to try Eau Sauvage, I will do that next time as well.

>>12661842
>>12662062
I will definitely push harder for a TSOPH sample/skin test the next time I'm at a place that sells it.

The plan is to get 2-3 mid rangers and 1 high tier in an order form fragrancenet when their big coupons roll around, so I'm making a point to try as much as I can for free in preparation for that.
>>
>>12665188
>I've been told to try Eau Sauvage, I will do that next time as well.
It's completely different from Sauvage. Just letting you know. Completely different ballpark
>>
i tried invictus and sauvage yesterday. for me they were somehow similiar, however i liked invictus alot more. do you think invictus is good because the general consens in the frag community seems to be it being not good but only for immigrants etc?
>>
>>12665188
Current Eau Sauvage is utter shit. Don't bother with it if you can't find a vintage bottle.
>>
File: declaracion.jpg (19KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
declaracion.jpg
19KB, 346x450px
I just purchased this. It smells wonderful. Slight musk rather dark
>>
>>12665231
>>12665231
When I tried it, I got more "high schoolers" than "immigrants."

Either way, pass (late 20's)
>>
>>12664980
I wouldn't call GIT overhyped. It's nearly 30 years old and still doesn't smell dated. It's a timeless classic. And no youn don't have to be impressed by it.
>>
>>12665231
It's a pleasant fragrance, sweet and appealing but very basic, so a lot of people on here don't care for it. Even I find myself not very fond of it anymore, but I really wish I still enjoyed it as much as I did initially.

Still, get it and enjoy it! It's a good, crowd-pleasing frag despite the overwhelming negative response by snobby people. Just be sure you're young enough to pull it off.
>>
File: acqua di parma blu mediterraneo.jpg (113KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
acqua di parma blu mediterraneo.jpg
113KB, 566x800px
does /fa/ like any of the blu mediterraneo scents?
>>
File: 118249.jpg (153KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
118249.jpg
153KB, 900x900px
Anyone wear this stuff? I got a bottle a few months ago cuz it reminded me of the 90s. Wore it to work today and somebody said it smelled like somebody farted ass in here. Apparently it was marketed as unisex and grills wear it too. Do grills like it? Any experiences anons?
>>
File: IMG_1598.jpg (63KB, 456x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.jpg
63KB, 456x604px
>>12665196
Why do they have such similar names if they are so different?

>>12665299
What's the cutoff for a good batch? Like I said I'd just grab a bottle off fragrance net, that's all I have the inclination for at the moment (unless it's some holy grail, otherwise I'd rather spend time trying more brands and categories).

I just liked Sauvage more than the 1st time I tried it, but I still think it's boring to smell like everyone else.
>>
File: MI.jpg (7KB, 141x230px) Image search: [Google]
MI.jpg
7KB, 141x230px
To the anon who had a '14 and '15 batch of Millesime Imperial: which is better? Have a chance to get one, but wanna pick the right one. Goes out to anyone else who's tried both, too.
>>
>>12665598
Dunno. Haven't opened my 2015 bottle yet, still got like 1/3 of my 2014 bottle left. Basenotes says good things about the 2015 batch, though, for what it's worth.
>>
>>12665620
Hm, alright. What batch is your 2014?
>>
>>12665634
SO3314D01. Don't know how it is compared to the 2015, but it is very nice. I can't see anyone having a problem with it.
>>
I have like 10-15 different ones like Burberry, duck, ck, Versace etc from gifts

They all smell the same up close when I try to tell what they smell like

How am I supposed to know which is best or what's good/bad

I just wear rexona deodorant most of the time
>>
>>12665598
where are you finding 15 batches?
>>
>>12665867
Not him, but my 2015 backup bottle was from fragrancebuy.ca. Can't guarantee what they have, but you could email them and ask, Gary is very good about responding quickly and trying to accommodate requests.
>>
File: 47747.jpg (41KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
47747.jpg
41KB, 400x575px
i like that
>>
>>12665856
Bump desu
>>
>>12665856
You just need to exercise your nose more. Smell more stuff. Really. All the herbs/spices, all the fruits/vegetables, etc. And keep trying to pick out notes listed on FG/BN in the scents you have. You'll find some, but it would take some kind of supernose to detect them all in a busy fragrance.
>>
Any thoughts on lalique encre noire? I thought it had a heavy graveyard feel like ppl say before testing but seemed like a classy scent...
And which one is better overall terre eau tres fraiche or dior cologne 2013?
>>
File: shutterstock_208381192.jpg (609KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_208381192.jpg
609KB, 1000x667px
>>12666184
>Any thoughts on lalique encre noire?

It's better in a cool environment. Especially a cool night when you're just chillin', alone.

In a slightly warmer environment, just use one spray.

Not for the sake of others, but for you. The projection isn't very far, but it lasts a long fucking time.

At least 12 hours before becoming a skin scent of just vetiver.
>>
I have all these (gifts)

>Versace Eau Frache (x2)
>CK One
>FCUK for him
>Beckham instinct
>Beckham signature
>Pine Silvestre
>Burberry Brit for men

I literally just started actually taking an interest in what's actually a good cologne so I have no idea whatsoever what I'm doing basically.

Any of these considered good/bad? Or which could I wear to work (office) or which to wear to out to a bar or club etc

The pine one is the most unique and seems to be more of an older man smell (im early 20s) and the Versace one smells the best to me, kind of has like a relaxed but manly smell.
>>
File: millesime imperial.jpg (148KB, 1162x1080px) Image search: [Google]
millesime imperial.jpg
148KB, 1162x1080px
Does this bottle look legit? IDK how MI looked back in 2010
>>
>>12665557
This is def not unisex
Your coworker has a shitty nose tho, bc it's labelled by a lot of people ( just take a look on fragrantica ) as the best fragrance ever made. You gotta like that fuel/vintage leather car interior scent though. I hated it at first but I still got a sample and now I can't imagine living without it
>>
>>12665557
>>12666466
+ my girl loves it
>>
>>12666086
>you just need to excercise your nose more

nigga shut up
>>
>>12666466
fragrantica is a bunch of samplesperg type autists

go to sephora for normal people reviews
>>
>>12666255
all bad
>>
>>12666569
who cares about normal people reviews?
>>
>>12666677
because most everyone around you is a normal person and doesn't want to smell spoiled yogurt and burning hair all day
>>
>>12666569
>sephora
Kill yourself my dude.
>>
>>12666695
fragrantica is like rym but 100x more autistic, don't be stupid
>>
>>12666184
It's on the rootier, earthier side of the vetiver spectrum. A masterpiece that I only find myself wearing when it rains. Living in LA, that is not a lot. Highly recommend EN Sport that is true to the essence of the original, but is a lot more wearable.
>>
>>12666544
NO U. If the guy says a dozen different frags smell the same to him, his nose is in bad shape. And nice dubs.
>>
File: IMG_0884.jpg (1MB, 2706x3612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0884.jpg
1MB, 2706x3612px
My first real frag came in today and I actually quite like it despite what you guys say
>>
>>12666836
It's not what "we" say, it's what one or two autistic spergs who automatically hate anything designer or mainstream say. Most of us are smarter than that.
>>
>>12666836
I tought it was amazing when I first started getting into frags, but as I smelt more and more I liked it less and less.
>>
>>12666849
I thought almost the opposite with it being not as expected when first sprayed but it grew on me when I had it on for a while
>>
>>12666849
There's nothing wrong with a novice buying a nice entry-level frag. Things like La Nuit are solid frags, yes, once you become more accustomed to more nuanced niche frags, they start to smell a little less sophisticated, but that doesn't make them bad. It's a good starting point.

And hell, I have mostly niche stuff, Creed, Amouage, Roja, Zoologist, Xerjoff, etc. and I still wear Eros and Spicebomb sometimes.
>>
File: o.34444.jpg (43KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
o.34444.jpg
43KB, 480x720px
>>12660791
I bought pic related. Love this scent and especially like the notes of tea after a few hiurs. It's a unisex scent and I'm a male so it's nice to wear something on the lighter side. Thoughts?
>>
>>12665474
I've only tried Fico Di Amalfi but it's nice. Very sweet and bright. Not something I'd wear but I'd like it if I smelled it on someone else. Maybe a little too sweet and playful for most guys.
>>
>>12665856
Well for one you might be smelling it too closely. Like your nose is getting overwhelmed by the strength up that close, especially if it's soon after spraying when the alcohol can be overpowering. Try letting it settle and smell from a few inches away at least if you aren't already.
>>
>>12666911
It's nice. I've seen someone say it smells like smokey red wine, and I think that's pretty accurate. Something in it reminds me of how rice wine smells.
>>
>>12660791
I use CK one daily
>>
>>12665574
Because they're trying to ride on the coattails of the success and genius that was Eau Sauvage. Sauvage itself is a market made, no innovation fragrance, even made more dull and uncontroversial then Blue de Chanel.

For what it's worth, I think even the current Eau Sauvage is really unique and pleasant, despite what the other anon said.
>>
File: bleu_chanel.jpg (132KB, 1192x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bleu_chanel.jpg
132KB, 1192x1600px
I was debating on whether to buy ADG or Bleu de Chanel today

Is it just my nose or does aqua di gio (eau de toilette) fade away quickly? I feel like people need to be really close to smell it, it's a nice smell but too weak

On the other hand, bleu de chanel (eau de toilette) smells more masculine and it's a very strong fragrance.

It's also summer here, so it's safe to assume aqua di gio sucks in winter.

What are your opinions on this? Is bleu de chanel better than ADG?

I'm still new to the fragrance game, so I'm starting out by buying really well known fragrances before I spice it up a bit and start collecting other less known fragrances
>>
>>12666836
NO TASTES
O

T
A
S
T
E
S
>>
File: a0173805231_10.jpg (137KB, 1195x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0173805231_10.jpg
137KB, 1195x1200px
>>12666868
REMINDER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ENTRY-LEVEL FRAGS

EITHER PLEB GARBAGE FRAGS OR GOOD FRAGS
>>
>>12666836
where are you planning on wearing it? are you going to use it as a casual frag or a event/date frag?
>>
>>12667069
Mostly casual but I'm a watchmaking student so it's a bit cleaner and more dress than 'normal' outdoor casual
Will probably expand my frags when I get some cash and can try some in store
>>
File: 1499922115114.jpg (584KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499922115114.jpg
584KB, 1920x1080px
I've been considering trying out this whole fragrance thing, and today I'm going to be at the Nordstrom's at the mall near me so I thought I might stop by somewhere to get some samples and maybe buy something.

I'm a guy, looking for something to just put on probably every day. It's pretty hot where I live, so maybe something that would work well in summer and spring. Any brands or specific fragrances I should look at?

I assume you guys are going to be more helpful than anyone in any store. I think there's a Sephora at the mall so I guess I'll be going there?
>>
I was gonna buy CdG wonderwood but then I saw concrete was coming out

Should I just buy it or wait and see which is better?
>>
>>12667161
you cant go wrong with Secretions Magnifiques by Etat Libre D'Orange and Dark Aoud by Montale
>>
>>12667203
Noice
>>
>>12667024
I got it the other way around. To me ADG smelled like an old man, BdC being kind of in the middle (not too mature not too childish)
>>
>>12667107
go to nordstrom to try frags, they have a very good selection
>>
>>12666664
What's some good ones?

Like a manly but kinda soft smelling one that makes girls want to cuddle up to you
>>
>>12667161
Well, it's very hard to say, because scent is very subjective and there's a massive variety of fragrances out there. I would go to both Sephora and Nordstrom, tell them you don't know fragrances well, and ask for some samples of some different types of fragrances.

A lot depends on your budget as well. If you want something really nice, look into Creed and Tom Ford fragrances. There are a bunch of good entry-level niche scents from those houses. Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather from TF and Creed Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, and Aventus are good bets.
>>
>>12667024
BdC>AdG any day of the week. The latter is so prevalent and safe it now smells like fabric freshener to me.
>>
>>12667326
>>12667161
If you do like TF Tuscan Leather like the other anon mentioned, get La Yuqawam online instead. It's slightly better and smoother and won't cost an arm and a leg

It's unconventional but I like wearing dry orientals in hot weather, especially if it's dry and not humid. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Chergui and L'air du Desert Marocain. I think you should be able to find the first in Sephora.

Or, if you'd like a refreshing but unique fragrance for hot weather I'd recommend Epice Marine and Un Jardin Sur la Nil both from Hermès (the first from Hermessence so might have to go to a boutique).
>>
>>12667383
True, La Yuqawam is very nice stuff. I don't think they'll have it at Sephora or Nordstrom, though. But yeah, of you like TL, you could order LY online.
>>
is Kouros a meme or good
>>
>>12667553
Are you over 60?
>>
>>12667592
>>
Which is the best fragrance for attracting vaginas
>>
>>12667628
Dab some of my semen behind your ears faggot
>>
>>12667471
>>12667383
>>12667326
Thanks, I'll take a look at the ones mentioned. Didn't actually end up going today, but maybe tomorrow
>>
>>12665574
>Why do they have such similar names if they are so different?
>>12667017
>Because they're trying to ride on the coattails of the success and genius that was Eau Sauvage.
Exactly. And not only does Sauvage have zero connection to ES other than name, Eau Sauvage Parfum, while amazing, isn't a more concentrated version of ES, it's a whole new stripped down take on the essence of ES.
>>
>>12667553
YES
>>
Should I put some frag by my dick if I'm getting succed later?
>>
>>12667927
If you're asking a question like this, it's not gonna ever be an issue.
>>
>>12661596
visiting from /fit/ and this is my first time on /fa/ Your post helped me realise i know next to nothing.
keen to learn desu
thx
>>
Why are you supposed to put fragrance behind your ears?
>>
>>12667265
enigma by roja dove
invasion barbare by parfums mdci
memoir man by amouage
noir de noir by tom ford
philosykos by diptyque

these are fairly soft smelling yet manly i think.
>>
>>12667988
So you don't get olfactory fatigue from it and so people smell it when you walk past them
>>
>>12667265
General rule of thumb for this general these days: if a dude tells you your designer frags are bad or pleb shit or trash or whatever, particularly when posted along with some pretentious "artsy" image like this: >>12668072

Ignore him. He is a well-known autist, doesn't have any idea what he's talking about, and automatically hates all designer scents pretty much just because.

Quit giving newbies bad advice, please, SS.

That's all I'm gonna say.
>>
>>12668085
what do you think of my recs
>>
>>12668085
So the designer ones are fine? What would you recommend? That isn't overly expensive
>>
>>12668092
Yeah, that guy doesn't actually buy fragrances, he just huffs them from tiny .5ml vials, so he doesn't realize recommending 500.00 bottles to newcomers is stupid.

Personally, I like Spicebomb. Spicebomb Eau Fraiche is similar, but a bit lighter and more citrus if you feel the original is too heavy.

Versace Eros is nice as well. A little more sophisticated than your standard crowd-pleaser, nice fresh mint and citrus with tonka, vanilla, and patchouli.

Dior Sauvage, of course, is very popular. A lot of people shit on it, but most of them are just hipsters who hate anything popular. It smells nice, women love it, it's popular for a reason. Next time you're at a department store, test it out, see what you think.
>>
>>12668092
NO THEYRE NOT DONT LISTEN TO HIM THESE PEOPLE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND THEY MOST OF THE TIME SMELL CHEAP AND SYNTHETIC except a couple of them, granted
>>
>>12668100
FRAGS ARE PRICELESS YOURE NOT DOING HIM A FAVOR
>>
And posts hidden. Good night, SS.
>>
>>12668100
Cool, thanks

>>12668101
I'll take the normie advice, autistlord
>>
>>12668111
yeah do what you want ultimately not my problem
go with sauvage, eros, dylan blue, bleu de chanel, invictus, 1 million prive etc. you'll slay massive amounts of pussy and everyone will think you're cool and smell good. maybe not karl lagerfeld and tilda swinton because theyll think you suck shit for wearing these but for the all the commoners hey man you're good

>>12668106
good night man
>>
>>12668117
Sounds pretty good to me desu
>>
>>12668085
>>12668100
*ahem*
>>12661249
Talking about trolls still gives them the attention they crave. Do not bend on this.
>>
I'm reading American Psycho and am wondering, what fragrance, if any, would Patrick Bateman use? It seems he dislikes Drakkar Noir and Paco Rabanne. He notices several popular frags at the time, such as Antaeus, Polo and the like.
>>
>>12666911
Good choice my man, I've had that for over a year and it's still my gfs favorite among all my frags. FWIW I get a stronger fig note on my skin which lightens it more than the woods / tobacco notes would suggest
>>
>>12667265
I find L'air du Desert Marocain fits that description, its a nice spicy oriental thats got some warmth but also a hint of vanilla so its got a hint of sweetness and draws you in
>>
I live in a place that rains like 275 days of the year, what's a good fragrance to wear in a humid rainy climate?
>>
>>12668464
Zoologist Bat.
>>
File: Screenshot_68.png (477KB, 522x630px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_68.png
477KB, 522x630px
>>12660791
Any fragrance that smells like these?
>>
>>12668464
I find that I instinctively head towards iris/violet fragrances during rain. Good ones are Apres l'Ondee, Iris Silver Mist, Iris de Nuit, Iris Nazarena, l'Heure bleue. I love Bois d'Argent but I think it's too muted to wear in rain.

I find Un Jardin Apres la Mousson deliciously juicy and exotic in a humid rainy environment as well.

Of course you could head the other direction and look for fragrances that cut through the cold rain, like oriental powerhouses: Amber Absolute, Amber Aurea, vintage Opium, Chergui etc.
>>
Just got a Jil Sander "Man" 2007. It smells like something my deceased mother used to wear, which is a neat (read: somewhat emotionally upsetting) throwback but hardly why I bought it. I was expecting something a lot more masculine given that it's described as woody and smoky, but while I can sense that such notes are in there, I only get powdery violets.
>>
What casual fragrence should I wear when I'm at university. Something not strong.
>>
>>12666916
>too sweet and playful
I don't know if I agree. I tried the orange one and the bergamot one. They were bright, for sure. I'm certain that my family would have enjoyed them, as we generally are used to citrusy stuff to keep us fresh when we're physically active.

I just found them lacking the "depth" that I wanted. I didn't percieve any complexity to them, and I didn't get particularly captivated. I thought they were nice, but I didn't love them.
>>
>>12668758
ysl l'homme
>>
>>12668353
this shits got so much lavender it was searing my nostrils
>>
>fragrence dude at the frag shop is recommending shit
>Say I want something fruity
>He recommend vershitche eros (coincidence that it's the frag he uses?)
>Smell it
>it smells just like all of the shitty "city night out" grimdark shit I've been smelling all day

Wow, gay
>>
Anyone got Armaf fragrances other than CDNI? Opinions?
Also is it just me or do I get only ~4hr longevity max out of this.
>>
>>12668817
>going to pleb frag shop
>>
>>12668758
Salome
>>
>>12668758
for next semester I gonna get a bottle of green Irish tweed from fragrancenet
>>
>>12667383
>I like wearing dry orientals in hot weather
My man. As long as it's not too rich or thick, hot weather frags don't all have to be citrus and aquatics. As one whose summer favorites include Kouros, Havana, TdH and GV, I would never even think of wearing Chergui in any weather warmer than 60ºF/16ºC-ish. You are a braver man than I, sir.

I do suspect that TL/LYpH would be pretty awesome in the heat, but haven't done it yet.
>>
File: iPrhuK5.jpg (9KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
iPrhuK5.jpg
9KB, 400x302px
>>12668935
>>
Wearing my Roja Enigma today, lads. Fuck, this stuff's nice! I wear it so infrequently because it's so pricey. Wish I could wear this every day...
>>
fragrance noob here. Anyone knows the dominant notes in the drydown of Bleu de Chanel? I like the drydown smell so much. I want to know the notes that I like so that it can help me finding new frags that I might like based on them.
>>
>>12669346
Ambroxan, Iso E Super, Shitload of White Musks, Incense
>>
Does anyone know any frags like Christian Dior Dior homme? But without the sage top note and the prominent powdery accord?
>>
>>12668761
I was only talking about the fig one, not the orange or bergamot. But you're right, it's very linear and straightforward.
>>
File: nani.jpg (18KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
18KB, 236x236px
Just tried Bleecker Street, why is this so hyped? My expectations for the sample were sort of a fresh, woody, fruity frag mixed with gourmand due to the cinnamon and caramel, but it's just this unpleasant, balsamic, gross mess. It's like they took the bad part of AdG Profumo and made it into a fragrance.

Did I get ripped on? The sample smells totally different than what fragrantica led me to believe it would smell like.
>>
>>12669617
>Bond No9
You fucked up
>>
Any affordable fragrance for a gay?
>>
>>12669626
I actually like their frags. Also, now that this horribly rank balsamic top has settled down, it's okay now. I don't think I'd buy it, I'd never wear a frag that smells this bad for like 20 minutes after applying. Performance feels pretty weak, too.
>>
>>12669632
Montblanc Individuel (As a replacement for reformulated Joop Homme) or Ultra Male are really good ones for gay dudes.
>>
>>12669632
Secretions Magnifique
>>
>>12661361
mix vetiver oil with bergamot oil in ratio 1:9 and mix this in half with vodka, fire up some mr. clean spray cap - off you go! thank me later.
>>
What's some good laundry smelling ones
>>
>>12669617
Sounds like a bad sample desu. Your expectation descrip is close to my actual experience with two bottles of Bleecker.

You are right that it is on the weaker side for Bond, performance wise. It should still project similar to something like the aforementioned ADG Profumo, though.
>>
hey guys!

I'm looking for a relatively cheap fragrance for clubbing. I'm new to this fragrance thing (I have a bottle of Dior Homme), but I want something a little more energetic and playful (but not terribly spring or summer-y because fall and winter are coming up)
>>
>>12669952
The inexpensive go-tos for clubbing nowadays are Paco Rabanne Invictus, Gaultier Ultra Male, or Dior Sauvage.

If you're a Persian or don't mind smelling like absolutely everyone 2 years ago, you could also go with One Million. Although, since everyone's moved onto Sauvage now, maybe zone a million is cool again...? I dunno. One Million Prive is actually kinda nice, though.
>>
>>12669952
>>12669967
Oh, also: Spicebomb.
>>
>>12669952
Go for Paco Rabanne Invictus Aqua if you can find it. GOAT hot pussy magnet
>>
>>12670002
Also a good choice. I just didn't mention it because it's discontinued, so it could be hard to find. Also maybe a bit light for fall/winter.

Versace Eros is also a pretty good club scent.
>>
>>12669758
Green Irish Tweed and its clones smell very much like laundry/fabric softener.
>>
>>12669952
Versace eros
>>
I see a lot of people posting about clubbing, but what's the point of it, actually? It's just a bunch of people packed way too close together with flashing lights and music too loud to talk to anyone, right? Seems like kind of a waste of time.
>>
>>12670140
the club is where chad goes to hook up with stacey
>>
are there any good frag reviewers? any on fragrantica?
>>
>>12670140
Sex. I'm told some people enjoy it.
>>
>>12670140
To find people to have sex with duh
>>
>>12669672
what
>>
File: 1.jpg (120KB, 742x805px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
120KB, 742x805px
what did they mean by this
>>
>>12670386
tryna get dat pussy ;)))))

what a shitty frag to get it with though, it honestly pales in comparison to other things like Sauvage or Invictus, it's so weak and lame and muted. Not spicy or sweet or anything at all
>>
Bergamot & Sandalwood.
/thread
>>
>>12670411
>Spicebomb isn't spicy or sweet

You fookin' wot, m8?
>>
>>12670386
>literally toilet water """spicebomb"""
>>
>>12670002
What about the normal one? Or just acqua?

Would I need this if I had Eros and/or spicebomb too?
>>
>>12670205
>>12670242
Why not try a dating site or literally anywhere else? Not that I don't see why people wouldn't want to go clubbing, but not everyone fits that demographic. I would hardly expect to find anyone I would want to sleep with in a club.
>>
>>12670488
You can do both

Plus online dating kind of sucks and meeting people randomly irl is much better
>>
>>12670449
Barely sweet, and spicy in the lamest way possible. It's mostly tobacco, and even that is stifled and pathetic.
>>
>>12670242
>>12670205
Man, that's strange. Figured there'd be some other reason, like it actually being fun. That's lame.
>>
>>12670488
You're not dating people you meet at clubs, you're fucking them. They don't need to be awesome people, you're just sticking your dick in them and never calling them again (except perhaps if you want to stick your dick in them again). Of course you meet shit girls at clubs, that's kind of the point. Makes you not feel bad about pumping and dumping.
>>
>>12670496
I don't know where the fuck you're getting your Spicebomb, m8, but mine is super sweet, smells like spicy cinnamon goodness, and fills a room with a couple sprays. Are you sure you have a real bottle or aren't talking about Spicebomb Eau Fraiche or something? Cuz regular Spicebomb is strong as fuck.
>>
>>12670499
Of course it's not fun. Dudes don't have fun at clubs. Only girls do. They go with a bunch of friends, get hammered, and get attention (and free drinks) from men all night. Dudes just suffer through the bullshit involved into going to a club so they can bang some slut in the bathroom and never talk to her again.
>>
baby powder (back to black by kilan)
>>
You think Jeremy posts here?
>>
Is Boss Bottled Night an ok frag to wear in the daytime? Since its flowery and powdery would it make a good alternative to DH?
>>
>>12670499
Fun, how? I don't particularly enjoy the shitty music, and usually not the company either.

Like, sorry. People have preferences, y'know. I know some people don't love what I love; being out at our cabin in the woods. Different strokes.

And as someone else rather crudely put it, girls have a better time going out.
>>
is Eros like a night version of Eau Fraiche? I like Eau Fraiche
>>
>>12670506
Interesting, I sort of considered that, actually. See, the only place I've ever tested it is Sephora, which is notorious for their terrible testers, PLUS the tester is fucking ancient and almost empty with a weak/leaky atomizer. Maybe I ought to order a sample.
>>
>>12670923
No, Eau Fraiche is very macho and for an older dude, Eros is sweet and for a younger crowd.
>>
>>12670651
Intense is the only Boss Bottled flanker worth spending any money on.
>>
>>12670651
stop listening to retard fragheads who think you can only wear certain scents at specific times
>>
>>12670995
Probably. I mean, if you look at Fragrantica or Basenotes, tons of people comment on how sweet and heavy it is, and how big the projection is.

If the stuff you smelled was that anemic, there probably was something wrong.
>>
>>12670995
Not that anon but Spicebomb is a powerhouse fragrance. Strong projection. Identical to Histoires de Parfum's 1899
>>
>>12670501
That sounds kind of gross. I don't want to put my penis in some low-quality girl.
>>
>>12671069
fuck off to reddit
>>
>>12671542
what does that even mean?

are you so inept that you follow "rules" for when you wear your frags? lmaooo
>>
>>12671528
Like 90% of girls are low quality, m8. If you hold out for just the good ones, you generally wind up putting your penis in zero girls, and that's no fun.
>>
>>12671601
Maybe I should try harder at putting my penis in guys instead. They can be kinda cute.
>>
>>12671739
90% of people in general are pretty shit, desu. Don't get me wrong, I'm no MGTOW (incell) autist, it's not just women that are awful.

But hey, you do you.
>>
>>12670536
nah
>>
>>12671547
not that anon but I can see what he's saying. sure you can wear D&G the one casual, but It's not exactly in its element. D&G the one is meant as a evening/date fragrance. its suits that situation much more than wearing it causal. Green Irish Tweed is much more suited as a casual fragrance. its not that you can't wear D&G the one casual. its a matter of maximizing the effectiveness of the fragrance. also it might seem weird smelling like liquid sex at work as appose to a club
>>
>>12671962

Unless you are planning to cause a scandal in the office ;)
>>
File: 627119_xlarge[1].jpg (169KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
627119_xlarge[1].jpg
169KB, 1000x1000px
My bottle of Spicebomb came in. It's from October 2014, is this pre or post formulation?
Seems like Pre formulation but I want to make sure
>>
>>12671962
Is the one suitable if I'm early 20s?
>>
>>12672233
I actually like the newer Spicebomb better. The older stuff was way too cloying. The cinnamon especially was just overpowering.

So yeah, even if it is the new stuff, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>12672358
Yeah I tried the tester at Sephora and I still liked it. It's all good, I just check the batch code on all my frags
>>
File: 8513878121_bddd64d3d4_z.jpg (166KB, 514x640px) Image search: [Google]
8513878121_bddd64d3d4_z.jpg
166KB, 514x640px
>>12660791
Looking for recs to move on from my frags I currently use (which are pretty basic, I know):
Dolce and Gabbana Intenso
Aqua Di Gio
Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

And more embarrasingly, I was given Abercrombie and Fitch cologne as a gift from a well meaning aunt. I think it smells nice, but it's way too common/associated with a certain demographic.

Any rec's based off what I have/use now? Thanks!
>>
>>12672560
Nothing wrong with having a few cheap/generic frags. I have a bunch of cheap fragrances that I sleep in or just wear around the house on lazy days. If you have something you don't want to wear outside, just use it for that or as a room spray or whatever.
>>
>>12672616
I like them and use them regularly, I'm just getting tired of them since I've used them all for a long time now (and because one of them reminds me of my ex since she liked it when I wore it).
>>
>>12672625
Well, I meant the A&F. You could use that for a sleeping/room scent.

If you like aquatics like ADG and want something higher end, you could give Creed Millesime Imperial a try. Sample first, because it is expensive, then if you like it, you could get a bottle off fragrancenet for like half retail price.
>>
>>12670140
I like it because I'm out with my buddies, I get enjoyment from dancing, and I like to be around women. I am stressed out from being in a crowd tho.
>>
>>12672336
I'd get something more casual like green irish tweed no matter what the age. if you want get ysl la nuit de l'homme for events, D&G the one has horrible sillage.
>>
>spicebomb!!!!!
>spicebomb!!!!
>the one!!!
>the one!!!!!
>clubbing!!!!
>clubbing!!!!!!!

this is the general you fight for
>>
>>12673171
Oh no there are different scents and ocassions how horrible.
>>
>>12673171
post some frags for other occasions
nobody is stopping you
in fact, I'd welcome that
>>
Is it just me or sauvage seems kind of weak? The smell is nice but doesn't seem to project much at all
>>
>>12673225
I can still smell it on me the next day after I shower
>>
File: vanilla-bean-shutterstock.jpg (352KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla-bean-shutterstock.jpg
352KB, 1500x1125px
>>12673225
Probably olfactory fatigue.

Try smelling something more fragrant to overcome it.

A spice rack or some fresh pastries, for example.
>>
>>12673284
I did try the tester version and a bunch of others one so maybe

Are there any that are really similar to sauvage? I really like the 'soft' laundry kind of scent it has

Also spicebomb is a complete meme

Roberto Cavalli Uomo is actually pretty nice desu
>>
>>12669758
Prada L'Homme
>>
>>12673315
Are you washing your clothes in ambroxan and pepper? There's no fucking way Sauvage is soft or weak, are you sure you weren't sampling from a bad tester?
>>
>>12673615
>pepper

why do people keep saying this? I don't smell any pepper at all
>>
I'd like to get my mum a frag for Christmas, she liked the decant of Flowerbomb I got her for Mother's Day.
I was thinking JPG Classique or Guerlain Samsara.
She likes Armani Code and has little bottles of Beyonce's Rush and Heat, alongside some near empty Avon perfumes.
Any suggestions? I was considering something formal enough for evenings out, since her Armani Code is nearly empty now.
>>
File: IMG_2436.jpg (14KB, 230x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2436.jpg
14KB, 230x199px
Testing eau de sauvage today lads, is this an old man fragrance? It's nice enough and a qt next to me on the train seemed to enjoy it, but I can't help but worry I smell like I'm in my 40's.
>>
>>12673897
Did you get her number?
>>
>>12673967
No I'm a big pussy.

I didnt even bother with my hair today, yesterday I didn't shave, I'm getting eyes more than when I do. Wtf is wrong with women?
>>
>>12674018
That's what women like. Fedoralords who think a woman wants a well-groomed gentleman in a fancy suit are retarded (and autistic). Women want a dude who looks like he just rolled out of bed after a 3 day bender.

I don't know why, that's just what they want.
>>
>>12674100
>Women want a dude who looks like he just rolled out of bed after a 3 day bender.
I disagree dude, im pretty sure keeping yourswlf well groomed is important to women
>>
>>12674119
They want you to not reek of BO (unless you're handsome, then they don't really care) and not have stains and shit on your clothes, but other than that, yeah. They want stubble, messy hair, etc.
>>
>>12673171
You forgot Sauvage. Plebbits official fragrance.
>>
File: 1416773558621.jpg (39KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1416773558621.jpg
39KB, 600x703px
I just got chanel allure pls tell me im not a normie
>>
>>12674160
The original allure isnt normie imo
Normie frags:
>sauvage
>acqua di gio
>cool water
>1 million
>invictus
Just to name a few
>>
>>12674119
>>12674147

I'm of a mixed mind. On the one hand presenting yourself impeccably demands respect, that you take care of yourself and therefore can take care of them. It also signifies money, which they like.

On the other, fashion is all about looking cool, and if you try too hard to look cool, you don't.

It's the "I spent $5 to make it look like I spent $1" thing that's popular in film, fashion etc. It's irrational, contradictory, unrealistic.

You know, just like they are.
>>
>>12674166

I just got allure homme
>>
>>12674205
Yeah, but I mean, how many women do you see out on dates with dudes dressed like the Old Man from Pawn Stars? Now, how many do you see with hipster faggots wearing ripped jeans, a graphic T, have their hair in a messy bun, and haven't shaved in 4 or 5 days (assuming they don't have a beard)?

I mean yeah, I guess if you're a CEO and clearly have money to throw around, the suit look works, but I think 90% of people would benefit from slobbing it up a bit, as far as getting chicks is concerned.
>>
>>12674293
I don't know about you but guys look great in a traditional English cut suit. Nothing looks better than a young professional walking back from work from the City/Canary Wharf in a smart suit.
>>
>>12672944
Thanks!
>>
>>12673897
The new age guessing game
>How old do I smell?

It's a timeless classic. I prefer the Parfum, myself, which bears little resemblance. Probably skews older than the original, but it's awesome.
>>
Like:
>Sauvage
>The Brilliant Game
>Eau Fraiche
>Cavalli Uomo

Meh:
>Burberry Brit for Men
>D&G The One
>Versace Pour Homme
>The Game
>One Million

Dislike:
>Invictus
>CK The One
>Spicebomb
>FCUK Him

Would I like Eros and/or Bvlgari Soir? any others I should try?
>>
>>12668822
i got tre nuit. it's ok never smelled git so i can't compare. I don't get much out of cdnim either for a supposed beast.
>>
man Interlude Man sucks
not buying Amouage again
>>
>>12675157
I hope you didn't blind buy a bottle of Amouage. Amouage is like THE sample before you buy house.
>>
>>12675044
update: didn't like either of them. soir was kind of generic and eros is too minty

actually changed my mind on The One, it's great
>>
>>12675157
It sure is tenacious, too. If I ever dare to wear it again, I think I'll try 1/4 spray.
>>
I'm new to all this fragrance thing and I'm looking for something that I can use for everyday life (school/work).

I've been to a shop with a grill and she told me that invictus smelled good which is true but I've also heard a lot of good things about sauvage, I will test it today.

Are these two good entry level fragrances or is there something similar that I should try?
>>
>>12675420
sauvage >>> incitrus anyday
>>
>>12664536
>>
>>12664536
haven't seen this yet, hopefully it smells similar to extreme and regular noir. I own both and they have a good lingering scent but checking reviews on fragrantica it doesn't seem too popular
>>
File: 375x500.28801.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.28801.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
I love this

thoughts on it?
>>
File: 1502289451048.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1502289451048.png
192KB, 501x445px
CB I Hate Perfume makes incredible, excellent scents, most of which have shit-tier performances.

Also, the owner is a pretentious douche faggot and the boutique is garbage and the workers there suck and clearly hate their job and the customers

Some other designer needs to do what he does, but isn't a jew about pricing and hates customers.

inb4 Demeter

Demeter does linear stuff, where as CB makes actually complicated fragrances
>>
>>12675420
>>12675450
Invictus Aqua > Sauvage > Invictus

Really though, if your goal is getting hot bitches, you cant go wrong with any of them.
>>
i ordered 2 samples from luckyscent and requested they add a 3rd when i already sent my order because i forgot about it

they actually sent me the free 3rd sample the absolute madmen
now i know interlude man isnt so great
>>
>>12676151
The thing is there is no where I can find to test invictus aqua since it isn't available anymore
>>
>>12675918
what's his schtick? never smelled anything from them before
>>
>>12673897
Try black extreme bottle, modern af! If you like classics consider Acqua di Parma Essenza or Colonia for example.
Also is there Virgin vs Chad on frags? Please.
>>
>>12676342
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paco-Rabanne-Invictus-Aqua-5ml-Sample-/122618567169?hash=item1c8ca2da01:g:qpEAAOSwnK9ZUj0g
>>
Any recs for something that resembles Axes "Dark Temptation", only not shit?

Dark Temptation is heavily based in chocolate, which in real life is often supported by vanilla. In that scent, it's supported by vanilla too. However, I'd like the sweetness not to go overboard, because just like a real bar of fine dark chocolate, sweetness should only support, not turn it into candy.

I know this is a silly request, I just associate positive things with the scent of DT, and would love to be able to wear those memories/that aura without smelling cheap. Because I am very aware that DT is extremely synthetic.
>>
>>12676650
I'd be interested in this too. I'd love a good, high quality dark chocolate scent. Seems most scents that have chocolate either bury it under tons of other stuff until you can barely smell it, or are cheap synthetic shit.
>>
>>12676693
Or are extremely sweet. I'd almost want this to be more on the dry side, if possible.
>>
>>12676650
This Is Not A Blue Bottle almost smells exactly the same same dark temptation. i remember being 13 and wearing DT, and 8 years later i smell TINABB and weeeeeew thats it
>>
>>12676811
Which version? There seems to be three, only one of which has vanilla.
>>
>>12676809
Yeah, I'd love something that had almost an unsweetened cacao vibe. There doesn't seem to be a ton, though.
>>
>>12677008
>unsweetened cacao
LIdGE

And for a surprisingly good milk chocolate: Choco Musk
>>
>>12676636
Thank you anon !
>>
>>12660793
So referencing the categories on this handy chart, where would the following two fragrances likely belong?
1. Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute EDP
2. Versace Eros EDT
>>
Just sampled aventus.

Fuck you guys. Now I'll be broke for the rest of my life.
>>
>>12677384
How good it was ?
>>
>>12676650
Try Rochas Man, it's cheaper and actually has been said smells like Dark Temptation

>>12677384
> <= $200 means broke your whole life

Please go
>>
>>12676454
True to life scents.

Basically uses Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry from universities/labs to isolate specific odor chemicals to get usable notes that smell like whatever he's advertising. He has one that is called "I Am a Dandelion" which smells like dandelions. He has more complicated scents like "Greenbriar 1968" which is described as "
It is blended with Sawdust, Fresh Cut Hay, Worn Leather Work Gloves, Pipe Tobacco and a healthy amount of Dirt. There is also a faint whiff of cotton overalls covered in Axel Grease..."

All in all he has a lot of shit-tier garbage, a lot of overpriced bullshit like the aforementioned dandelion scent (even though Demeter released a dandelion fragrance when CB still worked there) and it's $36 for 100 ml compared to the $125 for 100 ml. I won't pretend like CB's dandelion isn't innately superior, but it's not jew price superior.

Smellbent and CdG is the closest to doing anything similar. I KNOW there's people that use similar techniques but they're few and far between

fuck CB he's a cunt and so are his employees
>>
how many frags are too many? currently on 10
>>
>>12677481
Ok granted neiman wanted $450 for a 3.3. But fragrancenet has it less, obviously I'll buy there.

Still, how can ~100 normie tier even compete?
>>
>>12677473
All in all, I tried 3.

Aventus is like "I want to smell like this all the time, and girls want me to as well."

MS imperial, but "I want to smell like this at bars, dates, the club, and girls want to fuck me when I do."

GIT was nice but not really my style/personality/essence.

All are better than normie tier by far. It isn't even close.
>>
File: 1495859849620.jpg (136KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495859849620.jpg
136KB, 467x700px
New thread:
>>12660791
>>12677632
>>
>>12677623
Good taste on MI, it's honestly like smelling like heaven.

Be sure to look into batches if you plan on buying a full bottle of Aventus. Do you have access to the batch number of the aventus you sampled? Was it in a retail store or from online?
>>
>>12676869
the plain bottle with no drawings
>>
>>12677486
I heard ARMAF and some other UAE frag houses use those techniqhes to clone fragrances
>>
>>12677486
great reply thanks
>>
File: CDG red.jpg (23KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
CDG red.jpg
23KB, 375x500px
what sort of outfit goes with pic related?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.