[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 66

LAST THREAD >>12660791
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12677632
>>
first

name a more i wanna bite your skin off, fragrance than TF noir extreme
>>
File: 61XWSYn1q8L._SL1200_[1].jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61XWSYn1q8L._SL1200_[1].jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone try this?

>>12677639
I have TF Noir Extreme, haven't worn it out yet since it's too hot still
>>
Help me decide my next designer buy (I have tried & love them all):

D&G The One EDP
Allure Homme Eau Extreme
Gucci Pour Homme II
Noir Extreme
Prada L'homme
Spicebomb
>>
>>12677645
What do you have currently? What needs to you do need to fulfill (ie, business days, date nights, club). What aspect of yourself are you trying to bring out?
>>
>>12677641
no but I want to get bentley intense, anyone have it??
>>
>>12677668
I have it, what questions do you have?
>>
>>12677673
can someone 25 pull it off, it's not an old man smell is it?
>>
>>12677676
Nah it doesn't, but it does have a "mature businessman" vibe. 25 might be too young. Seems to be more in the 34-40 age range.

I blind bought it so I'm stuck with it
>>
Recently got some Aventus 15Y11, it's good but there's this sort of gnarly anise-ish/licorice smell, it's not like a true licorice or anything, so it might be going bad. Does anyone know what Aventus that's past its prime/stored poorly smells like?
>>
Newfag here, is sauvage too intense to wear at uni?
>>
>>12677732
no such thing as too intense son, just like no such thing as being too ripped or too flashy. own that shit
>>
>>12677732
If you are sitting close to other people in lecture, yes
>>
>>12677509
how many samples too many? currently on 200
>>
File: me.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>12677797
never too many
>>
>>12677632
why is the black part of the creed aventus bottle a shitty sticker that peels off the back half the time instead of some dope shit
>>
>>12677809
I love you.

>>12677812
Creed are Jews and don't like spending money on shit. I mean honestly, their scents are MSRP ~400.00 and they give you a plain glass bottle with a cheap stuck-on label and a plastic fucking cap. Even most cheap designer frags at least give you a metal cap.
>>
>>12677812
>>12677862
Ha there are so many threads of people freaking out they got a counterfeit Creed and those in the know tell them if it looks like crap and the cap is loose, it's genuine.
>>
need some more male florals lads
atm i enjoy:
dior fahrenheit 32
amouage reflection man
dior homme sport
chanel platinuim egoiste
also enjoy tom ford neroli portofino but havent bought it

only 19 if it helps
>>
>>12677932
Green irish tweed.
>>
>>12677645
The One is one of the best scents ever, though I've only had EDT and not the EDP

Spicebomb sucks, it's literally just dude spice lmao.
>>
>>12677932
Xerjoff Mefisto.
>>
>>12677632
Is MI supposed to have really shitty performance? Love the smell but it just fades to so quickly even with like 3-4 sprays
>>
What is the correct way to apply fragrances? Should I apply differently say if I'm going to a club/date instead of just going to work?
>>
>>12678259
Only apply to your genitals for clubbing.
>>
>>12678259
lmao these questions are retarded as fuck
>>
>>12678259
work i do 3 sprays behind the neck
going out: 2 sprays on each side of the neck, 1 on each shoulder and on wrists
>>
>>12678259
In regards to application only, some people like to project more at the club, so wear more. I suppose this is to compete with all the other Persians who put on 14 sprays of "Creed" in the car. But remember: an eye for an eye leaves the whole world gasping for air. Otherwise, it's SOP in western society to apply enough for people to detect only while in your personal space. My pasta:

I do 2-5 sprays generally, depending on frag, atomizer, occasion, etc. Most frags 3-4 sprays. 1-2 on chest for nice wafts from under collar all day, 1 on back of neck, 1-2 on forearm(s). Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face/front of neck, to prevent olfactory fatigue. Under clothing mutes projection. On hair/clothing holds on to top notes longer, but just a dusting as some frags stain some fabrics.

Best to test application in more casual situations and best to ask others about projection, rather than rely on your own nose. And always err on the side of caution if unsure in more important occasions.
>>
File: IMG_1056.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1056.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>12677674
I was just going to order the 4oz Aventus from fragrancenet, should I do something different? All I know is it was in Neiman Marcus, and it was a 4oz bottle.

The lady at the counter said they don't make the 4 anymore, just the 3.3. Does that mean any 4oz is good?

Besides Aventus, I can either afford MI, or 2-3 other lower-tier frags I like, not both. Which should I do?

BTW, I'm testing an Eau Sauvage (edt) sample from Sephora, it seems to have very week silage and poor longevity. Am I supposed to use more than 3-4 sprays of this one?
>>
>>12678865
I'd get Aventus and MI. I'd email them first, though, and ask if they can provide batch numbers, because the 2016 batches of MI and Aventus are apparently not so great. Probably still worth getting, but if you can get yourself 2015 bottles, you may be happier with those.
>>
>>12678027
MI sits close to the skin. It's honestly not that it disappears that quickly, it just stops projecting too much after a couple hours. It's a good scent for more intimate settings, if a girl is gonna be really close to you, she'll still smell it for sure.
>>
>>12678865
>I'm testing an Eau Sauvage (edt) sample from Sephora, it seems to have very week silage and poor longevity

Yup, it does.

>Am I supposed to use more than 3-4 sprays of this one?
Wouldn't' hurt, go for it.
>>
File: 14952183995933.png (1MB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
14952183995933.png
1MB, 2048x1367px
I finally found a use for pic related since I strongly dislike the way it wears on my skin. It makes a very decent sneaker freshener.
Funny that when I open the shoebox days later I can still immediately tell that it's CDNI and not Aventus.
>>
File: Baudelaire-by-Byredo1.jpg (39KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Baudelaire-by-Byredo1.jpg
39KB, 700x700px
it's okay but not groundbreaking stuff
>>
File: 375x500.20559.jpg (48KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.20559.jpg
48KB, 375x500px
Where can I even try it (NYC)?
>>
>>12679198
I like it! It's definitely suggestion but I really get the smell of old India ink on withered paper.
>>
File: shit.png (83KB, 531x629px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
83KB, 531x629px
>>12678871
I ordered before I saw this post. I guess I could still write them, maybe I'll get lucky?

Would feel like shit dropping nearly $450 on something not great.
>>
>>12678865
Guy you replied to here, if you tried the modern tester in Neiman, then you're okay and don't have to worry about batches if that's the one you like.
>>
>>12679914
No, it's fine! I know I just said it, but if you like the most recent batches of MI and Aventus, it's great! Either you get something you love or something you'll potentially love even more. Or less(?)
>>
>>12679892
According to his site, Osswald or Bergdorf Goodman.

Or order a sample online.
>>
>>12679914
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even the worst batches are still very good fragrances, plus you're not gonna know the difference anyway.
>>
>>12679892
oh look its this guy again
>>
any guides to scented candles?
>>
I'm ready to be knocked about by the fanboys, but I really wasn't impressed by Aventus, or any of Creed's fragrances. Still, to each their own, and I've no doubts that fragrance is subjective and to some it might be the ambrosia of perfume.

Still, what I can't abide by is the alleged inconsistency of production quality. If the batches are really that varying in quality, then Creed production standards in house is truly worse than the most amateur perfumer who orders his ingredients online and works in the basement confounding amateur accords. How is this acceptable in the 21st century, and how are so many people willing, eager even, to overlook this awful behaviour and go about hunting for particular batches?

For all it's posturing as a niche, luxe house, Creed's standards are truly awful. Don't give the excuse of the high quality, almost extinct and therefore varying in quality ingredients they use: Diaghelev smells like Diaghelev no matter which year it was made. Add to that Creed's brilliant but I think underhanded tactic of using the three feathers as a logo without the "Ich Dien" motto to suggest patronage by the Prince of Wales, but never actually ever having held a royal warrant... Ugh
>>
File: 1477228344508.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1477228344508.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>12679941
Not sure what you're talking about, I never posted about Roja before?

>>12679930
Thanks anon, should've checked myself. Should I try EDP or Parfum? Also, is there any discount site online that might have it (frangrancenet doesn't).
>>
I wear Kiehl's Original Musk as an everyday thing, has anyone tried their Aromatic Fragrances line? The nashi & grapefruit sounds intriguing, I have the body wash in that scent and it's great.
>>
>>12680049
Quick question: is it at all similar to MKK if you've tried it?
>>
>>12680003
I have the EDP. They smell the same, but the EDP actually seems to project a little better. Longevity isn't an issue, I get 10 hours or so, lasts days on clothing.

I, personally, think the EDP is perfectly fine, the extrait isn't necessary in my opinion.
>>
>>12680003
Oh, and no. Discount sites don't usually carry Roja frags. Luckyscent is about as good as you're gonna get there. You're not likely going to get a bottle cheap.
>>
>>12679975
I mostly agree. Creed is a pretty scummy house overall, with their shitty, cheap packaging, raising their prices and making their bottles smaller, their batch inconsistencies, etc.

I do agree that Aventus is pretty overrated, especially when you can get Pineapple Vintage for less than half as much. I do love MI, though, and zip do want to try Viking when it comes out. Aside from that, I'm not too interested in Creed anymore. There are better houses that make better scents without the shitty business practises.
>>
currently wearing Dior Privee, Cologne Blanche

I think my fav out of the 3 Hedi Slimanes but sadly discontinued so I use it sparingly.

currently waiting on decants of Dans Tes Bras and Dries Van Noten from FM

really also want to get ahold of Concrete by CDG
>>
Do you guys like VPH? I think it's a good one to wear everyday to work and casual things, even as a signature-lite.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 261x193px
narsico Rodriguez for him edt or edp? sampled one of them but I can't remember which one it was. I know for a fact it was one made for men. is there much of a difference?
>>
File: images (13).jpg (6KB, 360x140px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
6KB, 360x140px
call me Captain austismo but I need some scent recommendations based on stupid stuff I like. keep in mind I'm 25 yr male.

I like dark stormy rainy days. is there a scent that can capture that?

also what would the driver wear on a daily basis?
>>
File: nd.45210.jpg (63KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
nd.45210.jpg
63KB, 300x399px
Fuck when will I be able to try this? The Paco Robanne XS line has a special place in my heart!
Any follow Canadians out here found a way to order this?
>>
>>12677632
I ordered a frag off fragrancenet on friday yet it hasn't shipped yet. does this happen with fragnet often?
>>
Can we please make Frag grids a thing?
they're really fun and they make you reconsider some choices in your collection.

use: https://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
post, rate, recommend
>>
Is there perhaps infographics or recommendations for deodorants somewhere?
>>
>>12680444
I know I'm boring, but I'm a practical man, recommend me a work frag please
>>
>>12680444
is Al Faransi actually good? looks too "niche" for me but I'm really curious
>>
>>12680464
wtf
>>
File: 53011.jpg (37KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
53011.jpg
37KB, 400x575px
There is something in this that smells like something I smelled when ... I was a very young child, even maybe a baby.

too bad apparently the atomizer is garbage, and it's very expensive
>>
File: mugler cologne.png (259KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
mugler cologne.png
259KB, 1400x1400px
The anon above me's post made me think, what sort of frags bring back nostalgic memories to you? Mugler Cologne's drydown smells like my childhood crush's house and it just takes me straight back.
>>
None of the stores near me carry Edition Blanche and I can't find samples online. Should I blind buy?
>>
>>12680570
https://www.perfumesamplesanddecants.com/products/chanel-allure-homme-edition-blanche
>>
>>12680344
>dark stormy rainy days
Funny, one frag that does that for me is >>12680298 with its petrichor note (only tried the EdT). The other is Encre Noire.
>>
>>12680432
>I ordered a frag off fragrancenet on friday yet it hasn't shipped yet
>ordered a frag on friday
>ordered on friday
>friday
>>
>>12680570
RE: the EdP, It's not exactly cheap, and while it's a pleasant lemon custard and I can't imagine anyone actually disliking it, it's very linear and not very exciting. I bought it blind while and I like it and enjoy wearing it occasionally in the spring and summer, it's hardly a favorite scent or anything to write home about.

The EdT I hear is better.
>>
File: samples.png (31KB, 812x508px) Image search: [Google]
samples.png
31KB, 812x508px
What are some other heavenly, sparkling or otherwise airy/fresh frags I should sample? Already have a full bottle of Millesime Imperial.
>>
>>12680563
i just bought the little sample of it. shit is expensive.
>>
>>12680569
Pino Silvestre smells like parents bedroom when they were getting ready to go out somewhere
>>
>>12680344
Bulgari Aqua?
>>
If anyone's in London, please treat yourself to a trek up the fifth floor of Harrods to the new world exclusive concession of Floraiku, a collection and sub-house made by the makers of Memo Paris.

It's a really intriguing exercise in making use of Japanese smells in short and exciting (and I mean really unique) fragrances.

I really couldn't stop myself giggling like an idiot high on drugs with their "One Umbrella for Two" in hand. Brown rice tea and powder accord with cassis?? Come on, it's genius. I genuinely think this is a classic waiting to happen.

Also they've set themselves up like a sushi bar and explain all the fragrances as you sit and sip tea so it's extremely entertaining.
>>
What does D&G The One convey versus One Million? I'm a mid 20s male, not particularly concerned with appearing masculine but I am quite comfortable in being mostly masculine.
>>
>>12680852
>The One: Sexy and masculine but thoughtful and caring. Not afraid to put a woman in her place
>One Million: fuccboi egocentric attention seeker, pretends to be rich but is actually from upper lower class background
>>
File: MI.jpg (7KB, 141x230px) Image search: [Google]
MI.jpg
7KB, 141x230px
Have a chance to buy a 2010 bottle of MI, has anyone ever tried batches from around then or earlier? What's it like?
>>
>>12680617
>heavenly, sparkling or otherwise airy/fresh
I've tried #s 2-4 on your list and would not use those words to describe them, fwiw. Fresh isn't really my strong suit, but if you haven't yet, check out:

4711/Bright Neroli/Neroli Portofino
360º Red fM
Agua Lavanda
La Chasse aux Papillons
L'Homme
Live Jazz
Set Sail St. Barts for Men
Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche
Un Jardin sur le Nil
>>
>>12680903
Just tried it- both edp and edt. They're quite nice. We'll see how they dry down.

What is the faint, almost dry vanilla-like note that I'm getting from the EDP? I hate vanilla notes but like this.
>>
>>12680711
it's less expensive per ml to buy 60ml bottles than 100ml bottles.
>>
Anybody willing to suggest a _cheap_ frag? I'm going to cop Body Kouros and Tsar, so I'd like something quite soft, possibly floral?
>>
>>12681641
YSL L'homme.
>>
>>12681653
Definitely in the running anon, seems very polite but still retaining some masculinity, I think I'll take you up on this.
>>
Protip: luckyscent has a bunch of free sample packs you can add to orders. Check their "gifts" section, it has promo codes you can add when you check out.
>>
File: IMG_1550.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1550.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys, this is the famous board personality you call Samplesperg here.

Just got a new order in, just getting ready to start testing ( ;
>>
File: 1451469154064.jpg (69KB, 490x722px) Image search: [Google]
1451469154064.jpg
69KB, 490x722px
>>12681770
not me, the man they refer to as samplesperg

i dont have masturbatory devices
>>
>>12681770
You're fucking nuts.
>>
>>12681770
its intimidating you fucking wasteful you are
>>
>>12681965
I'm sorry, I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>12681770
Spread them samples. Let us take a gander.
>>
File: armani_because_it_s_you_1.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
armani_because_it_s_you_1.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Anyone else here that tried the new Armani? I did a couple of days ago and it smells pretty good. I might pick it up, but I bought D&C Intenso a few weeks ago and holding onto that.
>>
>>12682005
Got a few Kurkdjians, a Roja sample pack, Ormande Jayne pack, a few Xerjoffs, a few Nishane, a few Zoologist, and the 9 piece Etat Libre free gift set.

Looking to buy a new niche bottle soon, so I wanted to try a couple new houses. Also might get another Roja bottle when I'm in Amsterdam in October, so I figured it'd be a decent idea to sample a few more of those.
>>
>>12682094
I wish I had pockets that run as deep as yours do.

I can't get behind anything that Zoologist does though. They're too unsettling and filthy, and raw and unkempt.

Have you tried anything from MDCI and Profumum Roma? I like almost anything they make.
>>
>>12682140
>>12682094
And to add to that, despite the universal acclaim, MFK bores me to tears. I don't get the appeal.
>>
>>12682140
I've tried MDCI Invasion Barbare, I like it, but I'm not a huge fougere guy. I'll probably try some others at some point. Haven't tried Roma.
>>
>>12681829
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little normie? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the the Roja Dove Haute Parfumerie, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Sephora, and I have over 300 confirmed samples. I am trained in olfactory warfare and I’m the top sniffer in the entire frag general. You are nothing to me but just another pleb. I will cloy you the fuck out with longevity the likes of which has never been smelled before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with spraying that designer shit in the Club? Think again, Star Fucker. As we speak I am contacting my Sécrét network of spies across the Etat Libre d`Orange and your sillage is being traced right now so you better prepare for the autism, maggot. The autism that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, pleb. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can dab you with over seven hundred 0.7ml vials, and that’s just my latest order. Not only am I extensively trained in unsocial lifestyle, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Niche Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the nose of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “designer” frag was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Fougère Royale all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, pleb.
>>
>>12682144
Yeah, I don't know the house that well, looked like there were some frags I might like though. Guess I'll find out.
>>
>>12681829
CRIMINALLY underrated

>>12682177
10/10
>>
>>12682094
>MFK
You fucked up.
>>
>>12680298
EDT is better than EDP in this case
>>
>>12682045
I sampled it with my friend and she loved it. We also wanted to try the female version but Macy's didn't have it. I thought it was meh.

Reviews are mixed because it's in the same generic vein as 1 Million, Invictus, and Armani Code.
>>
Hey guise i got Invictus last month, did i fucked it up?

>>12682253
holy shit, shut the fuck up
>>
>>12682397
>Invictus
Yeah you fucked up. Consider killing yourself.
>>
>>12681770
>>12681807
I AM SAMPLESPERG
>>
>>12682397
No u!
>>
File: 375x500.27417.jpg (31KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.27417.jpg
31KB, 375x500px
Winter coming and I wanna be ready.
What's something like dior homme parfum but different because I dont wanna use the same thing wanna try something new.
>>
I really like smelling good, but I'm a lazy fuck who currently only uses scented deodorant.
I'd like to switch to oderless deodorant + fragrance, but there's way too much choice.
How do you get started?

If it's any help, I'm currently using Old Spice's Swagger deodorant and Dove's Aqua Impact body wash.
I'm a skinny manlet, so I doubt a manly fragrance would work.
>>
>>12682502
Read the thread
>>
>>12682450
bois dargent
>>
>>12682140
What Zoologist frags have you tried? I hear dragonfly is very clean.
>>
>>12682692
Not him, but I just sampled Dragonfly. It is quite clean. It's interesting, it's sort of a slightly sweet, floral, green aquatic, but it's not really fresh. It's kind of syrupy but in a good way.
>>
>>12682502
For popularity/crowd pleasingness, head over to your local sephora/macy's/saks/whatever and try:

-Invictus
-Versace Dylan Blue
-Dior Sauvage
-1 Million Prive
-Acqua Di Gio (Profumo, but I prefer regular)
-Aventus (You'd only find it at Saks, incredibly expensive and a little weird for some, but by miles the most popular niche frag)

Dylan Blue, especially, resembles a more grown-up Swagger if you enjoy that sort of sweet-peppery scent but don't wanna smell like a 15 year old fuccboi.
>>
>>12682700
Nice! That's pretty interesting, actually. What sort of image does it invoke when you smell it? Would the syrupiness be gross in summer heat?
>>
>>12682705
Thanks, I'll take a look at those.
>>
>>12682711
It really kind of does evoke dragonflies. You get the watery, rainy notes, the reeds, the pond flowers. It's not a heavy scent, but it isn't light either. Kind of hard to explain. I'd say it would work for summer and it's also probably a big enough scent to wear during colder weather.

Kind of thinking about grabbing a bottle.
>>
>>12682094
Which xerjoffs did you get?
>>
>>12682741
Ivory Route, Nio, and Uden. Haven't tried them yet, though.
>>
File: o.44031.jpg (718KB, 1500x2064px) Image search: [Google]
o.44031.jpg
718KB, 1500x2064px
Whatever happened to Viking, Creedfags?
>>
>>12682770
Supposed to be available next month.
>>
How many weeks do you take to empty a bottle ? I'm really curious
>>
>>12682705
I have Pour Home, Eros and Eau Fraiche. Is Dylan Blue similar to them at all? Or closer to Sauvage? I also have that
>>
>>12682804
Closer to Sauvage. People often say it's like Bleu de Chanel (EDT) and Sauvage combined.
>>
>>12682796
Weeks...? Emptying a 100ml bottle of 1000+ sprays in a matter of weeks? How many sprays are YOU using, anon? Any given 100ml bottle should last 1-3 years if you don't overspray like a fucking mong, and that's assuming you're spraying every day in a year with the same frag which is terribly unlikely.
>>
>>12682796
1 spray ~ 0.1ml
Average application: 4 sprays ~ 0.4ml
Assuming one uses the same scent once in the morning and once in the evening, a 100ml bottle would last 125 days or ~ 18 weeks.
>>
>>12682933
8 sprays a day is pretty fucking generous, are you using a really light frag or what?
>>
>>12682909
150 weeks is still a number of weeks retard
>>
>>12682937
No particular frag in mind, and I would never wear the same scent twice in a row, but 3-4 sprays/application is pretty typical. I rounded up.
>>
>>12682933
True, but most people aren't going to be applying twice per day, every single day. Most people only wear fragrance at work, job permitting, and to dates/social events. I'd imagine one bottle probably lasts most people at least a year or so.
>>
Is it retarded to wear different frags to work outside of changing very infrequently? I'm sticking to just one to not seem too autistic
>>
Is it appropriate to wear cologne while wearing athletic wear?
>>
File: IMG_1513.jpg (182KB, 700x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1513.jpg
182KB, 700x936px
>>12682971
Nah, I switch it up. No one will care unless you're excessively gloat-y about it, or choose something abrasive.

>>12682988
Only if your name is Raj and by athletic wear, you mean an untucked polo shirt and jeans.
>>
>>12683006
No I mean a sweatshirt and sweatpants.
Also is it acceptable to wear cologne to the gym?
>>
>>12682177
holy shit
>>
File: IMG_0879.jpg (33KB, 539x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.jpg
33KB, 539x448px
>>12683024
I know, I was fucking with you.

>>12683024
>Also is it acceptable to wear cologne to the gym?

Never. It is incredibly rude to other members and does nothing to conceal your stench.

One time i was on the treadmill when a particularly ripe Pajeet started working out next to me, he had doused himself in the shittiest drug store cologne money can buy, in an effort to conceal his refusal to wear an antiperspirant.

10 minutes later, half the floor had cleared because of him.
>>
>>12683041
>antiperspirant
Oh sweetie...
>>
>>12681770
no i'm samplesperg pleb
>>
>>12683045
What? Is the implication that wearing antiperspirant wouldn't fix the indian dude smelling bad (which is true) or a sort of
>wearing antiperspirant
thing?
>>
File: 64912.jpg (34KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
64912.jpg
34KB, 400x575px
Ha! This is doing right what Black Aoud did wrong. It's a much superior version of Black Aoud.

Black Aoud just develops into a fucking horrible medicinal mess, and Black Line I dont know yet but it doesnt smell like it's gonna develop like garbage.

Friendship ENDED with Black Aoud. Now Black Line is my best friend

Apparently Mancera has Black Intensitive Aoud too, how does it compare to Black Line and Black Aoud? It's really the rose that I like in both of them. I might have to get a sample if you're telling me it's better or something.
>>
>>12683024
>Also is it acceptable to wear cologne to the gym?
There are three places one should never wear fragrance: the gym, an airplane and the hospital.
>>
File: CBD-30003-3.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CBD-30003-3.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>12683067
Antiperspirant is bad and an unscented deodorant is what you really want. I am going to have to start including a mineral salt deodorant pasta with the OP.
>>
>>12683117
i've used this for years now
natural smell but at least it aint hard BO
>>
>>12683117
I assumed the antiperspirant would be unscented. That's interesting, does that actually stop B.O.? Seems a little hippie-dippie.
>>
Yeah if MFK take a new direction or huge dip in quality, either becoming mass appealing to all or so shit no-one wants then, its due to LVMH.

Also for shits and giggles we need a liquid chris version of samplesperg, like with chris chan. The try hard with that huge ass paragraph >>12682177
will do.
Instead of liquid samplesperg what shall we call him?
Eau samplesperg?
Samplesperg intense?
Samplesperg absolue précieux?

Suggestions?
>>
>>12683296
Sample de toilette
>>
>>12683296
Acqua Di Samplesperg
>>
>>12683296

Samplesoud
>>
>>12682692
Well I tried Bat, Civet and Castoreum. I mean granted the last two were always going to be skanky but it was just composed in a way that seemed filthy, not just dirty.

I love for example Cuir de Russie, which is dirty but refined, if you know what I'm getting at. LM Hard Leather was good too.
>>
>>12683319
I lost it at this. It makes sense in French too
>Toilet Sample
>>
>>12683296
i prefer to be called Sperg de sample intense.
you know since im the shitty watered down clone
>>
What do you think the upper ceiling of creed's prices/downsizing will be?
>>
>>12683985

1ml of Oliviers piss for 1 million dollars.
>>
>>12684164
The June 16th asparagus batch is complete shit!
>>
File: patchouli.jpg (381KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
patchouli.jpg
381KB, 4288x2848px
What are some notes with bad reps you love?

Personally, I adore patchouli. That sweet, earthy scent is super comforting, but its reputation has been tarnished because it's left to soak into the walls of hippie shops and become stale, repulsive and overwhelming.
>>
>>12684198
Patchouli is great. Most people are just used to the cheap, grease, usually artificial shit hippies drench themselves in.
>>
>>12684311
Yeah, I guess that's what I meant by stale and repulsive. Maybe it didn't get stale, but it was just low quality and artificial to start with.

What are your favorite frags with patchouli?
>>
>>12684198
>>12684360

I've tried a couple of attars that contains patchouli oil aged for 30 years. It was sublime.
>>
Help /fa/ I need to try out some samples and have no idea what to get. I've tried Rochas Man in the past but I want something a little more masculine this time. I figured I'd try a lot of different stuff to get a feel before investing. What are some good "starter" fragrances to get acquainted with?

If it matters I'm a gay student so I'd only wear it out to dates/bars.
>>
>>12684477
starter aka pleb shit frags

sauvage
dylan blue
bleu de chanel
invictus
1 million
aventus (only one that smells alright)
eros
acqua di gio
>>
>>12684582
Stop it! You are NOT the true and honest Samplesperg, you are the dang dirty imposter, Ian Brandon Armanison!
>>
Anyone else tried Nishane Hacivat? It's another Aventus-like (though actually comparable in price), but it's very nice and smooth. I think it might actually be better than Aventus.
>>
>>12684198
I give vials of Dior Patchouli Imperial to my carpool partner just so that I can smell it for an hour each day.
>>
>>12684609

Fucking kek
>>
What will be the "JULAAAAAAAY"?
>>
>>12684582
What's the point of giving out "pleb shit"? Don't tell me you're pretentious enough to believe people need to smell like shit first before they can smell good.
>>
File: 3360372058878.jpg (19KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
3360372058878.jpg
19KB, 700x700px
>>12684888
Not that anon, but I sincerely believe that what we label "normie pleb scents" are more often than not good enough for the general public. They're nice enough to elicit a compliment and a good comment from the average person on the street who isn't a perfume head. And that's really enough enjoyment for some people.

On the other hand, some like me enjoy "difficult" and often off-putting scents. They could be intellectual and interesting, but they often turn people away and disgust them. Are they "good" fragrances then? I certainly enjoy them.

What I'm trying to get at is that there are so many reasons people like some fragrances, and there are so many ways to get enjoyment out of them. And all of them are equally valid.

I think a quote from Rei is fitting here: "You buy other clothes to please others. Commes des garçons is a gift to oneself"

Ps. A lot of the fragrances we disparage a lot here have their rightful place in the hallmarks of perfumery. It's a lot more subjective than we, even self confessed fragrance lovers, think. Acqua di Gio is a masterpiece of fragrance and was a breakthrough when it was made, because the ideal freshness, transparent and immaterial, but radiating with a strong sillage, was pushed in a new dimension adding the new watery elements because water itself became available for perfumers- a large and new use of Calone in large quantity, but many other notes which play a major role in the transparent green freshness. They were all discovered by Chuit Naef (now Firmenich) since early 1900's when the company started to investigate the freshness and the "watery transparent" element present in every plant.
>>
>>12684582
Is 1 million like any of those at all? What's it like?
>>
>>12683143
It's all I have used for 15 years and I literally never smell of body odor despite working a manual labor job in a place with 100 degree summers. On the rare occasions where I've had to use "conventional" deodorants, I've been struck by how heavily scented they are, as well as their comparative lack of effectiveness.

Mineral salts impede the growth of bacteria. No bacteria in your pits, no stink. My routine is showering with antibacterial soap (Dial or Safeguard work great), drying, then immediately rubbing the moistened salt crystal into my pits until it runs dry. Then I apply my fragrance of the day directly to the armpits and chest.
>>
Has anyone tried the 1 Million Cologne? The original 1 million formulation was very meh as far as I was concerned so I was hesitant to try it but my god it's amazing. As a summer daily wear it's so fresh and sexy.
>>
File: guhedp100.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
guhedp100.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>>12684198
I like how well Guerlain blends it with a bunch of woody notes.
>>
Is Burberry the most underrated major designer frag house?
>>
File: awww.jpg (29KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
awww.jpg
29KB, 720x340px
Y-you wouldn't hurt me just to smell good, would you anon?
>>
>>12685423
that's on the corporations, not me. evil fucks.
>>
>>12685358
uh no? how would you even come to that conclusion
>>
File: What_b36164_922987.jpg (105KB, 571x705px) Image search: [Google]
What_b36164_922987.jpg
105KB, 571x705px
>>12684888
>he doesnt literally smell like shit
Have you every tried Civet l'homme de'lhomme ood oud. Pleb. it smells like shit and dirt and piss with a dash of bergamot
>>
>>12685504
you can't buy it in case you were wondering, it's made right at home, all natural materials too, just shit piss in the toilet, then squeeze a lemon. everyone likes normie scents, it takes a REAL connisseur to find beauty in niche
>>
>>12685491
Smells really nice and less talked about than other designers
>>
Is it autistic to keep all my frags in their boxes in a drawer apart from the couple I wear regularly to work and casually
>>
>>12685528
its where i keep my chergui, only good for a few months of the year and its got a clear bottle, dont want it breaking up
>>
>>12685528
No! I really love the way the boxes look, I keep my MI and Aventus boxes behind them all the time. I would even keep them in their boxes, but holy fucking god the little white cardboard part is genuinely impossible to get over the cap. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea? How do they even do it in the factory?
>>
>>12684888
/fra/ is a joke nowadays
>>
>>12685528
It makes sense in a space saving way, if you're a box keeper anyway. Better than keeping them on a sunny windowsill, if that's your only other option. Maybe a touch overkill on the "keeping them safe" front, but certainly can't hurt. I vote NOT autistic.
>>
>>12685650
The drawer is inside a big cupboard too

Probably better since they're not cheap, will probably keep for longer
>>
How do I smell a bunch of fragrances in succession and judge them without getting my nose worn out? Is there a "palette cleanser" for scents?
>>
File: s1410463-main-zoom.jpg (419KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
s1410463-main-zoom.jpg
419KB, 1500x1500px
>>12684958
What do you think about EdP flankers?

I notice they don't project as far, but they last a long fucking time. Guerlain EdP flankers especially.

It's why I prefer them over EdT.
>>
>>12685756
coffee beans
>>
File: 36904.jpg (17KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
36904.jpg
17KB, 300x367px
(Black Tourmaline)

Menthol and smoke. Not my thing.
>>
>>12685423
Don't they just give them a nice rimjob or something?
>>
>>12685796
That's a myth. That's like trying to cleanse your nose palette with yet another overpowering smell.

Instead, smell something neutral. If you can, stand in the open air outside and breathe in four or five sharp breaths. If you can't, the way perfumers are taught is to sniff into the crook of your arm, or sharply into an unscented part of your skin.

>>12685789
I have to admit I've personally never noticed them not projecting as far. Longevity is of course increased, but they should have better sillage as well.

I never buy perfume oils though on that principle, because what's the point of nigh infinite longevity but without any alcohol, it remains a flat skin scent from the beginning?

Eau Sauvage, despite its fantastic history and beauty, never really had decent projection or longevity on my skin. I'll try the parfum version but I distinctly remember it being different compared to the original.
>>
What kind of scents for men are wearable in places like SoCal in the autumn?
>>
if I have the one and sauvage do I need 1 million?
>>
Think I have a fake aventus. On the note it says 'Oliver Creed, the sixth of such name, remains an exceptionally creative master perfumer who himself compose each new fragrances of a house that has', etc.

Does anyone's note start with this introduction? In 1760, in London, James Henry Creed founded the house of Creed which fast became a favourite...
>>
most effective way to apply to create scent bubble?
>>
Really it should say founded in 1975 ;)
>>
Is it just me or is Dylan Blue kind of like pour homme, Eros, sauvage etc but just like a mix of these and nothing particularly unique and thus comes across as kind of generic?
>>
>>12686339
Dylan Blue is completely derivative of modern bestselling designer standards, and I strongly dislike it for its lack of originality.
>>
>>12686147
Post pictures of the box from a few different angles and the bottle with the cap on and off.
>>
Dior homme edt
dior homme edp
dior homme intense edp

what are the differences?
>>
File: IMAG0398.jpg (1002KB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0398.jpg
1002KB, 2592x1552px
>>12686474
>>
>>12686379
I guess in a way that makes it a good choice to have as a safe one to own if ever required i.e better than wearing Sauvage to work if you don't want something too citrus but still nice. But yeah seems like kind of subpar to stand on its own
>>
File: IMAG0400_BURST003.jpg (938KB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0400_BURST003.jpg
938KB, 2592x1552px
>>12686594
>>
Is the scent of Dior Homme/Intense like D&G the one at all?
>>
File: IMAG0385.jpg (976KB, 1552x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0385.jpg
976KB, 1552x2592px
>>12686598
>>
>>12686598
Looks legitimate from what I can see, what batch number is it? If you don't know, it's on the bottom of the bottle.
>>
>>12686631
www. clickover .com/supersize. pl?set=5c85bf1547cb82e69f78&p=11&pop=false
>>
>>12686633
>>12686634

LT4216K11. please visit that site. i uploaded more there. the number on the bottle matches the sticker.
>>
>>12686637
Looks totally legitimate to me. I wish I had a 2016+ bottle or set of notes/card to compare it to, but Creed is notorious for switching stuff up. The back of the box has changed a ton and so has the sticker on the bottom.
>>
>>12686637
Also, how does it smell?
>>
>>12686650
Thank you. Should I take it into a store to compare, even if they tend to change things around?

>>12686657
It smells incredible. I don't think I have the nose or knowledge to list everything. I smell sandalwood and pineapple mostly. It's very masculine and very strong.
>>
>>12686675
Probably ISO E Super you're smelling as sandalwood. Great! That's fantastic, it's a good batch. Enjoy! IDK if you've smelled the drydown, but that ambergris smell is to die for.
>>
>>12686702
Thank you. The fragrance became smoother and muskier as the hours went by. I love it. I don't think I know the smell of ambergris.
>>
>>12686718
That would be the ambroxan :D
>>
>>12686718
Sweet, slightly metallic, cool.

>>12686721
Yeah, obviously. It still works really well in Aventus, though. IDK if they back it up with something else, but it's a lot less grating than it is in stuff like Dior Sauvage or Dylan Blue.
>>
L'eau d'issey is a meme

Literally just dude fresh flowers lmao
>>
File: 51139.jpg (23KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
51139.jpg
23KB, 400x575px
it's alright but way too expensive
>>
File: skill drain.jpg (81KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
skill drain.jpg
81KB, 544x544px
>TFW started off open minded about fragrances and enjoyed mass-appealing ones but quickly devolved into a nichefag

Fuck, the one thing I wanted to avoid. I'm genuinely upset. How can I re-open my mind to stuff like Invictus and Sauvage? It all smells weird to me now, but I know for a fact I really enjoyed them when I started.
>>
>>12686888
J̸̫͖͈̼̤̭̗̓͛̄̂ͭͦ̍̂́ͬ͟͝O̟̫̭̺̘̺̜̣̔̐̾ͤ͘̕͠Î͕̜͈̔ͦ̃̑̎ͮ̇̂͛͂̾̓͜N̨͕͇̘͉̼̘̥̫͈̗̯̍ͨ͊̈̉͊̚͞ ̴̢̨͔̭̖̫̞̙̤̗̜̩̩͕͓̬̝̱̎͋ͧ̀͟Ȗ̡̞̱̔̓̃ͬ̔ͧ̓̈̓̋ͫ̇͂͛̚S̛͈͚̫̼̤̤̱̺̭͕͇̜̫̄̋̆̌̌ͩ̿͂͜͡
̶̸̡̢͉͓̠̳͇̹̐͛̎͑̇̈́͒̚J̨̯̙̭̫̥̤̝͕͍ͫ̉̾ͨ͑ͧ̐́̀͝͝O̠̩̬̬̦̓̎ͧͤ͛̉ͣ̎̒̚͠I̴̸̜̫̬̜̺ͯ̂ͭͧṈ̢̯̖͙̰̖͍̬̥̯͔̼͚͎̙̥ͦͦͬ̎ͫͦ̾͐̓̐̎ͤ̐̄̓ͅ ̰͉̩̤̩͕͍̯̌͋̓ͣ̇́̾ͬ͒̿͛ͫ͊ͦ̒͋͂̆͑͜U̴̡̼̥̬̻͕͙̬̫̻̱̗̮̩̦͌ͪ̐̇̔̈̇͗̉̋S̸̸͙̪̖͎͙̗̭͙͈͖̞͔̤̹̠͈̱̍̃̍̀̄͛̑̏̊̎͘͟͟ͅͅ
̡͉͉̳͍̱̘̃͊͋̈́ͪ̓ͣ̔̔͠J̬̬̩̫̪̗̩͈̦̰̹͓̹̞̞̑̾ͯ̂͋̃̆̂͊̍ͭ͌ͩ̂́̀͘͜Ơ̖͎̳̫̩̤̓̏̽̊̽́̓̈̀̽͆̀̚I̴̢̗̠̮͚͙͙͇͙̻͓̤̣̖͖̱͖͎͓̣͊̽̄̐̃̃̔̇̈́͗̉̈̄ͫ̾ͬ́̋͗̀Ņ̫̼̥̯̥̬̺̰ͮ̽̈́̾ͪ̒͜͡͠ͅ ̵̯̩̱͕̦̮̙̫͖̥̙͙̿͑̊̉̇̐ͮ͗͞Ự̤̺͈͐ͮ̓͑̓͑̈́͆̽̆̈́̊͊ͬ̈͛͢͝S̨̺͙͓̱̙̠̣̭͖͕͚̘̜͖̖̥͎͕ͫͮ͒ͮ̌͋͆̾͆̌͐͘
>>
Is it just me or is l'homme kind of weak?

Is l'homme libre better?
>>
File: MONEY SUCKERS BEGONE.jpg (31KB, 445x503px) Image search: [Google]
MONEY SUCKERS BEGONE.jpg
31KB, 445x503px
>>12686901
NEVER
BACK BACK I SAY
NO MORE OUD PLEASE
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (991KB, 2357x3462px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
991KB, 2357x3462px
Thoughts on Tom ford Noir de Noir?

Purchased recently and it smells incredible, definitely not for everyday use. I find the longevity could be better, although i only use 1 squirt so that might have something to do with it.

Pretty new to fragrances, how much should i apply to get a full day? as i mentioned above 1 squirt gives me a few hours, and any more than that seems way too strong for the first 30 mins or so which makes me reluctant to apply any more. Thoughts?
>>
File: burberry brit men.jpg (28KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
burberry brit men.jpg
28KB, 355x355px
is this any good? the drugstore (kruidvat for dutchies) here sells it for 25eu/100ml.
>>
>>12686901
Nice picture - would make a cool-looking bottle label.
>>
>>12686901
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>12686969
> full day
m8 I would punch you if you made me smell this shit on the way to work every morning. Nights only please

>>12686971
it's shit
>>
>>12686969
it's good but I prefer Black Line by Mancera for a rose scent
Voleur de Rose - Noir de Noir - Black Line - Black Aoud
>>
>>12687011
>Mancera
Lol
>>
Any fragrance recs?

I like strong perfumes better (eg. Halloween men) but I'm looking for a more office-ish environment fragrance that doesn't stick out as much.
>>
>>12687039
huh
>>
>>12687131
MAAI
>>
>>12686971
This is actually quite nice, one of my most worn frags

Give it a shot
>>
I'm sure I've smelled a fragrance similar to sauvage like 5 or so years ago, what could it be?
>>
>>12687039
Mancera produce some great fragrances, as well as a bunch of bad ones. They do ouds and rose very nicely. Cedrat Boise is also a strong entry in the Aventus alternatives category.
>>
File: IMG_0852.jpg (167KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0852.jpg
167KB, 1500x1500px
why the fuck don't all samples come in sprayers? I didn't really want to buy this shit because there wasn't any black pepper in it where there was supposed to be pepper but I did anyway and it turns out there's plenty of pepper

who the fuck thought little dabby stick things were a good idea
>>
>>12687881
Jews
>>
/fa/, can you help me please?
I'm a single 21 yr old girl at university.
I'm tryna get a boyfriend.
I've gotten lots of compliments when I wear YSL Mon Paris.
Other scents I like are YSL Black Opium, Dior Hypnotic Poison, and Britney Spears Curious (srs).
Please advise me on what scents will make guys want me.
thanks
>>
>>12687959
>Mon Paris
>Black Opium
You are doing just fine, girl.
When you're out of Black Opium, get the Eau de Toilette next time.
Also try Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.
>>
>>12687959
Nothing makeup-y or with Iris. It feels sort of trashy. Go for something light and slightly feminine without being screamingly so.

Also, what are you doing? You can genuinely get any man, just speak to someone you're interested in for a little and I can guarantee they'll date you, perks of being a woman.
>>
>>12687959
Mon Guerlain or Dior Poison Girl
>>
Just talk to a guy

How can a girl have trouble getting guys lmao unless she's ugly af
>>
>>12688010
unless she's ugly
>>
>>12685961
>different compared to the original
It is quite different from the original. It's as if they tried to capture the spirit of the original with only three notes, and it is fantastic.
>>
>>12685977
Autumn kinds of scents? But prob skewed more towards summer, depending on weather.
>>
>>12686275
Apply appropriately.
>>
>>12686622
No
>>
>>12686675
>It smells incredible
Then why tf are you worried it's fake?
>>
>>12688010
ty for the advice
>>
>>12688096
How do I do this?
>>
File: pink.jpg (49KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
49KB, 1440x1080px
>when she smells the Drakkar Noir on you
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (66KB, 414x414px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
66KB, 414x414px
>>12688199
>when she smells the drakkar noir on you and it's not the 80s anymore
>>
>>12688286
>Believing in the "dated frag" myth
If it smells good and fits your image, then it works.
Most of these modern faggy frags are completely useless on anyone who does not look like a boy.
>>
What's something that smells like sauvage but not as strong in terms of scent and projection
>>
How is Toms all natural deodorant? Want to smell entirely like lavender and they have a lavender stick.
>>
>>12687959
Poison girl.

Armani Si eau de parfum is amazing, sampled it in the store the other day immediately remembered my highschool crush used to wear this
>>
>>12688135
read
>>12678733
>>
>>12688433
Didn't work well for me. Four other brands of natural deod all did, so I do not hold Tom's in high regard.
>>
>>12687959
Flora by Gucci and mademoiselle by Chanel.
>>
File: 70802.jpg (26KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
70802.jpg
26KB, 400x575px
warm honey flowery fur
>>
>>12687959
Schitpisz by Hasole
>>
File: o.18732.jpg (267KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
o.18732.jpg
267KB, 700x472px
>>12685961
>because what's the point of nigh infinite longevity but without any alcohol, it remains a flat skin scent from the beginning?

To wear a frag like clothing and smell myself.

>Eau Sauvage, despite its fantastic history and beauty, never really had decent projection or longevity on my skin.

Original performs bad on all skin, it's full of citrus notes/oils.

Parfum version (2010) is a whole other scent, mostly myrrh and vetiver with a brief bergamot opening. All negative reviews are due to overspraying.
>>
>>12688012
>Mon Guerlain
Trash. I try to stay open minded about even mass market fragrances, but MG is a hot sticky cloying mass.
A good and affordable girlish Guerlain is Aqua Allegoria Pamplemousse. Liu is pretty too.
>>
>>12689043
>Liu
I meant l'Heure de Nuit
>>
File: aventus.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
aventus.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Has anyone tried 17S01 yet? How is it?
>>
File: 1489933122237.jpg (1MB, 1600x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1489933122237.jpg
1MB, 1600x1128px
This is my collection. I don't think it's varied enough. What would you recommend?
>>
>>12687959
Secretions Magnifique
>>
When people on Fragrantica list how long a frag lasts, is that for general projection and the majority of time its a skin scent, or until it goes completely?
Because after work I can notice BBRI, Cool Water, Mugler Cologne etc being faintly there wafting off my chest after 9-10 hours.
>>
>>12683319
Lost my shit anon. What >>12683561 said is so true, it's so funny in French
>>
>>12689251
Aventus (Or GIT since you seem to like powdery frags), Reflection Man, L'homme, Dior Sauvage.
>>
I like dark, noire scents, for example 1740 Marquis De Sade. Anything like that? Want to try.

P.S. I put 3 sprays, 2 on the neck, one is on the wrists. Is this enough/ok/too much?
>>
>>12677645
Like other anon said, it would help to know what you already have. But my favourite of the ones you mentioned is AHSEE.
The One
>too familiar
GPH2
>smells amazing but so weak
Noir Extreme
>smells like a scented candle
Prada L'Homme
>Great, I'd get this after AHSEE
Spicebomb
>kinda juvenile and a bit cloying to me personally
>>
>>12690363
>too familiar

That's not a criticism, in terms of pure scent The One is by far one of the best frags ever
>>
>>12690369
Yes that is a criticism. Purely in terms of scent yeah it smells good, but most people buy frags based on several criteria and on the whole yes something smelling totally un-unique and too common these days is a valid criticism.
>>
>>12690140
Depends on the frag, but for stronger ones or more close quarters situations, 3 is fine. If you are doing inside of wrists, try the forearm. Wrists rub against a lot: pockets, desks...
>>
>>12690378
It's really not that familiar though, depends where you are from
>>
>>12690385
That is totally true, people have been starting to say that Sauvage is getting overly popular but since its release I've only smelled it on one or two other guys where I'm from.
>>
>>12690391
Yes. People on frag boards tend to forget they're talking to fragrance enthusiasts from all over the world. In real life, how often do you encounter a guy who even wears fragrance? Let alone something you recognize... If you wear the most popular shit ever, 99% of people will just think you "smell nice."
>>
>>12680444
>>
File: wears.png (33KB, 302x361px) Image search: [Google]
wears.png
33KB, 302x361px
>>12680444
not a grid but effectively the same thing

you wear too much arab shit
t. dude who wears lots of arab shit
>>
File: 53605.jpg (25KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
53605.jpg
25KB, 400x575px
Pretty good, smells very similar to Black Line by Mancera for some reason ... or is my nose shit?
>>
>>12690402

Very nice man, I love me some Kouros. Gimme that manly scent motherfucker, clearly the king of scents and scent of kings
>>
Is kouros a meme or good
>>
File: o.1931.jpg (13KB, 222x317px) Image search: [Google]
o.1931.jpg
13KB, 222x317px
>>12690776
Both.

It's a meme that's successfully triggered its haters for 36 years.
>>
>>12690804
is it like the opposite of sauvage
>>
File: IMG_2488.jpg (190KB, 760x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2488.jpg
190KB, 760x467px
What's l'homme libre cologne tonic like? I quite like the original.
>>
>>12690743
>>12690776
It's glorious but divisive.
>>
File: tres nuit.jpg (24KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
tres nuit.jpg
24KB, 375x500px
How close is Tres Nuit to GIT? Just tried Tres Nuit at a mall fragrance shop and it was terrible, this powdery laundry type vibe that's really lame. Surely this can't be as similar as people say?
>>
>>12691625
git smells more grassy and a bit less sweet
>>
File: IMG_0113.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0113.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Latest cop. Layered with TF NdN.. cannot describe how good it smells.
>>
>>12690725
I don't recall what it smelt like, but I remember very gently dropping the cap off from a negligible height onto the counter... And it cracked into pieces.

The salespeople were all really nice, but boy I've never left a perfume counter so quickly since an Arabic woman doused herself head to toe in Amarige with abandon.
>>
>>12691059
If you mean in terms of how interesting it is and how much character it has, yes, Kouros is to Sauvage like Pierce Brosnan is to the nameless extra who dies first in the same Bond film.
>>
>>12691932
Kudos to you if you like it. Possibly a wise decision to layer it.
I still have a sample of it in my cupboard, and every time I even think of it, I feel like I've reached my sugar intake limit for the next three days. Sugar and burnt caramel and then more sugar.
>>
What do you recommend for someone looking for something subtle and cheap. I'd like something with a faint floral smell to wear day-to-day.

Ideally sub £50 a bottle but I have no problem going past £150~ for something special.
>>
>>12692313
L'eau d'issey
>>
>>12692339
Ordered, this looks nice.
Hope I haven't been memed
>>
>>12692353
sometimes when I smell it, it reminds me of piss.
>>
>>12692389
Hot.
>>
>>12691467
bumping desu
>>
>>12686969
I have an arab sense of style, have a fit body and have been called metro, can I pull of noir de noir, looking for something really dark/romantic/sweet
>>
>>12692712
Yes, as long as you don't wear it in warm weather
>>
File: 65808.jpg (24KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
65808.jpg
24KB, 400x575px
nope
>>
oh my god kouros is awful

unironically smells like urine
>>
kouros is offensive
>>
File: 375x500.613.jpg (28KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.613.jpg
28KB, 375x500px
Did Chanel succeed at what Guerlain failed to do and avoid the grey market?

Can't find any decants or bottles of their frags on the usual sites.
>>
>>12692305

The dry down on me, as you said, is overly sweet caramel.. smoky/woody notes die down to skin scent within a couple of hours. Layering NdN on top of it seems to seal those notes better and keep the sweetness in check. Was originally planning to use Tobacco Vanille for layering but this does a great job without costing an arm and a leg.

Now i just need to wait for colder weather so i can wear it.
>>
>>12693030
Chanel isn't on the grey market, they're purposely avoid it. It ruins their image
>>
>>12693608
What image? Because of them being absent from well known fragrance shops I immediately perceived them as cheap designer frags
>>
Like most designer houses, any quality ingredients used these days are most likely used in those marketed exclusively towards women, possibly the les exclusives (although the EdP current ones are famously far shitter than the previous EdT). As far as most designers are concerned with tunnel vision, men only want fresh aquatics or woody scents that require little to no quality ingredients and can mostly be made as cheap as possible with synthetics. The ones marketed towards women like chanel no 5 are more likely these days to have a decent amount of good quality naturals heightened a little by synthetics that give it a nice effect, rather than one that solely depends on synthetics. Synthetics aren't bad, in rare cases they can be expensive for a house to use, but overall they are becoming lazily swished together and rarely are considered as legendary for more than a few years, ISO E super and ambroxan combos that make up a large part of the formula of a fragrance are becoming all the rage these days so they can peddle whatever they want with a couple twists for as cheap as possible, and frankly a lot of developing countries will eat it up.

Sure some may smell great, but thats down to the effect the large amount of synthetics and the effect they play on your nose, rather than genuine talent of the perfumers, or detergent makers behind them. How can these marketing driven hacks be convinced to do quality again /frag/?
>>
>>12693898
You are overestimating current No 5.
>>
>>12693920

Well I meant the current pure parfum, which has been watered down a bit. But as far as quality ingredients go, thats as high as it goes with Chanel.
>>
>>12693926
Also im not saying its the highest quality, but its how perfume should be done. High volumes of natural (including natural isolates) with synthetics added for a bit of flair and diffusion.
>>
>>12682770
being moved to smaller bottles with higher price tags, the Cult will understand this
>>
>>12693898
You can't. Money eventually ruins everything. People get the taste of it and they just want more. That's what happens, the free market generally results in consumers getting as little as possible;e for as much as they can charge.

The only way to stop it is to stop buying their products and make it clear why their products aren't selling anymore. If they can't make money by selling cheap synthetic shit anymore, they'll be forced to change. That's not likely to happen, though.
>>
>>12694093
Buy that Sauvage goy.
>>
>>12694146
I unironically just did buy a small bottle of Sauvage today when I went to the drug store to buy toiletries. Not even joking.
>>
So, I recall there was another anon who was looking for a good chocolate scent. Well, I just found one: Chocolate Ganache by Ganache Parfums.

It is sweet, but it's got this very rich dark, bitter chocolate note that almost gets earthy in the drydown. It has some boozy vanilla, a little subtle orange (Grand Marnier note), but it's mostly just chocolate on top of chocolate. Very much satisfies that sort of dusty pure cocoa powder smell in the drydown.

It's also quite cheap. It's 55.00 for a 50ml or 75.00 for 100ml, but they also have a promo code up right now that you can use if you buy any full bottle that gives you 20.00 off your order, so a 50ml bottle will run you 35.00 plus shipping.
>>
Is this useful to any of you: https://sites.google.com/site/perfumerecipes/home
>>
Going to a music festival next weekend. Which fragrance should I take?
>club de nuit intense man
>versace dylan blue
>versace pour homme
?
>>
File: a5f.jpg (361KB, 2048x1450px) Image search: [Google]
a5f.jpg
361KB, 2048x1450px
New thread:
>>12677632
>>12694643
>>
>>12694623
G
>>
>>12694653
Take club de nuit in case it gets broken or damaged
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.