[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you have such a burning hatred for life relat-able comics/cartoons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 96

File: relate.png (314KB, 556x704px) Image search: [Google]
relate.png
314KB, 556x704px
Why do you have such a burning hatred for life relat-able comics/cartoons? Their conceit is to convey things people tend to avoid stating.
>>
I don't hate them though I admit they don't take as much talent to make relative to their popularity.
>>
>>92448813
Jaiden shouldn't be lumped in with these other jabronies
>>
>>92448813
They're incredibly low-effort and get way more attention than other comics that give a shit.
>>
Owlturd is the only one I don't like since his comics are just the same low effort drawing and jokes over and over.

Everyone else I simply don't care or very mildly enjoy.

I wish we get more cynical but "honest" comics. Most of them have shades of self-loathing but it's mostly shit like "lol I'm so weird and introverted" and rarely go into their genuinely awful parts of their own selves. I want more webcomics to be like "It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular" or "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" where the author is unapolagetically brutal and honest of their own vices. That one military comic I feel does it right.
>>
>>92448813
I don't hate them. I guess the whole relatable, socially awkward, childish adult,"dude depression lmao" schtick is a dime a dozen these days. To me, it reeks of minimal effort, as it appeals to the lowest common denominator and people flock to it because "relatable = good".

I don't care if people like it, I just hate to see mediocrity go so rewarded.
>>
I don't hate them. They're ok.
>>
When will they all crossover with each other?
>>
>>92448813
I wouldn't say I vehemently hate them, but it feels like I'm hearing the same joke every time. I can't say I quite enjoy them.
>>
glorifying self deprecation, nihilism, and acceptance of ones flaws as quirks is a cancer on the human intellect
>>
File: sarah_andersen.jpg (68KB, 700x474px) Image search: [Google]
sarah_andersen.jpg
68KB, 700x474px
I dont hate them. I mean fuck,just look at Sarah Andersen,shes beautiful
>>
File: 1486066059789.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1486066059789.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
>>92449115
Basically this, its the same reason I groan anytime some bullshits on reality tv. On top of that you can literally find one comic someone has done and then find someone else who does the same type of shit and find the exact same comic.
>>
>>92449293
>Enjoying comics made by a neo-nazi
I'm disappointed at you anon.
>>
>>92449293
>draws self as ugly spikey-haired goblin
>is actually 7.5/10 hottie
Damn this kind of comic really is just pandering.
>>
>>92448813
If you've read one you've read them all.
>>
>>92449500
Better than drawing themself as more attractive than they really are ala that jaltoid chick
>>
>>92448813
I have no idea what the top two are, but I know that shitting on the bottom two is something that brings /pol/ and /co/ together
>>
>>92449293
She reminds me of a flatter version of my gf
>>
File: Ed6Q5hp.jpg (640KB, 650x6072px) Image search: [Google]
Ed6Q5hp.jpg
640KB, 650x6072px
theyre very boring. Reading one where the joke goes "i have a cat.. and it cuddles me.. Until i pet it!" is just not actually humor. Its obvious extremely common things that are meant to be relatable, and sure they are, but theres just no humor in it. Add to that how almost all look just like the person who makes them and a few have tumblr nose or are just plain scribble art, i dont see how they got so trendy
>>
>>92449561
So, like DC/Marvel comics, then.
>>
File: owlturds parody.jpg (97KB, 830x600px) Image search: [Google]
owlturds parody.jpg
97KB, 830x600px
Some people are just mildly annoyed that they're kind of repetitive and predictable. That's fine. They'd probably feel the same way about most newspaper comics if they were back in the days when people actually read the newspaper.

The people who get legit mad at them are just jealous. They get mad because of all the praise, attention and even money these people get for something that "anyone can do" (even though the people complaining will never, ever do it despite it being so easy according to them).

It's not a coincidence that people criticize these comics for all being exactly the same and then turn around and create and/or jerk off to the dozens of ironic parodies like pic related that are all exactly the same as all the other ironic parodies of this type of content.
>>
>>92449111

I imagine you're thinking Terminal Lance, in which case I feel there's a lot more material to work with.
>>
File: life-owl-turd-comic.jpg (74KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
life-owl-turd-comic.jpg
74KB, 400x420px
>>92448813
Owlturd comics just suck. The art style and content are what I'd expect in some cutesy ad for some depression medication.

Just picture an animated version of it, and see if you can't hear an announcer saying "Talk to your doctor if Latuda is right for you."
>>
>>92450471
Nothing of what you said means "bad" tho.
>>
They are nice once in awhile to get validation that somtimes life sucks, and we all get anxiety at times and have to deal with bad shit.

But making an entire industry out of it seems weird to me. Like you can overload on the validation those comics provide, like a comfy heavy blanket. Rather then trying to get over them.

Sort of like when shit happens, you want a bit of pity from others to cheer up but then when you keep trotting it out every week exception the same praise and esteem boost.
>>
>>92448813
All OwlTurd comics are the same thing
>>
>>92450354
t. owlturdfag
>>
>>92450526
I mean if you find ads like those entertaining, more power to you. I think they're cheesy, in a bad way.
>>
>>92448813
Levni doesn't belong on here. Tales of Mere Existence has a little more nuance than Owlturd and that other one. Idk about Jaiden though, I don't really follow her work
>>
>>92452187
I want Lev to work with Don Hertzfeldt
>>
>>92452119
Going through the american psychiatric system right now makes me realize how retarded and pointless advertisements for SSRIs and other medicine like that is. Kinda sinister too.
>>
File: 1484954679124.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484954679124.webm
1MB, 600x338px
>>92450229
>all of those artists look like models
>they can draw decent/good art if they really wanted to
>tfw I'm a fucking goblin and I can't draw a stick figure with appeal
Life isn't fair.
>>
File: comic.jpg (1MB, 1059x3602px) Image search: [Google]
comic.jpg
1MB, 1059x3602px
>>
>>92450229
When did Marceline get a cat?
>>
File: 1376248364882.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
1376248364882.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>92448813
>relatable
>LOL THIS SYMBOLIC MANIFESTATION OF MY PROBLEMS IS BEATING ME UP/BREAKING MY SHIT
>>
My issue is they all have this shitty simplistic style
It'd be perfectly fine if they were good artists and draw really simple to save time, but no, 99% of them are giving their full effort to drawing
>>
>>92448813
I don't like them because they're low effort, hackneyed, repetitive bullshit. It's always some lame shit about liking food, having a cat that hates you or being bad at """""""adulting"""""", I used to find them mildly amusing but now I just flat out hate them due to over-saturation and how fucking boring and uncreative they are. They're just depressing Sunday funnies for 'quirky' 90s kids who for some reason think going to work or filling out paperwork is the hardest thing in the world. They'll be shit our kids will cringe at us for liking in 10-20 years like we do with our parents and their shitty comics like Garfield and those awful political comics about how Pokemon Go/smartphones are the worst thing to happen to modern society.
>>
File: 1438824026535.png (376KB, 717x668px) Image search: [Google]
1438824026535.png
376KB, 717x668px
I dislike them because they seem to come off as comics of people complaining about life when they really have nothing to complain about/ You always see these authors as these relatively wealthy, city dwelling young kids with inner circles of friends they go out with, while they dont seem to have any health issues, they dont seem to really have any issues at all. For all intents and purposes, they seem like happy people.

Which means the content they produce comes off as very high class and whiny. Very little perspective and no conflict to speak of, its like chitchat you have with a friend, not a comic you expect to entertain you, theres no art thats pretty for you to admire, theres nothing compelling in it. Like, you know why people like rap music? Because its compelling to hear someone talk about actual literal problems in their life like poverty.

Its not really their fault they're uninteresting. They're civilized, people living in nice countries who have done nothing wrong, but they're just not compelling. Someone who does something with their life or comes from a background where many, usually bad, things have happened to them, just have more to say, theres more to say from failure and adversity than from mediocre success. There used to be a common ground of adversity when more americans werent quite as well off. How else do you think we got cartoons out of the fucking great depression?

But the bar of entry has actually kind of made it so that these well off artists connect with eachother and become the face of internet art while people with problems have to deal with problems that have only gotten worse for them and distract from stuff like art.

It can't be helped. People who havent suffered cannot produce something inherently about different kinds of suffering and how characters deal with it, let alone redeem from it.
>>
>>92448813
Jaiden probably shouldn't be grouped in with those, every one of her videos isn't "I thought it was a nice thing but oh no it wasn't :((("
the rant she went into for her face reveal video was a bit much though
>>
File: tumblr_op2yvgOUjq1ue4nfho1_1280.gif (386KB, 1280x1657px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op2yvgOUjq1ue4nfho1_1280.gif
386KB, 1280x1657px
>>92449115
But it's cute!
>>
>>92454562
what are they referring to
>>
>>92454628
Medication.
>>
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JUST LIKE IN THE FUCKING MOVIE! ISN'T THIS FUNNY!
>>
>>92448813
Because they're the two-gamers-and-a-couch comics of the 2010s, low effort, derivative, and ultimately forgettable.
>>
>>92448813
it hits too close to home for /co/
they hate it because they see themselves in it, and they hate themselves
>>
>>92454343
Okay, you're just being unfair. Rants like yours are a bit cliche to begin with.

I don't think the authors are really acting like the things are big problems, and if they did have something big, it wouldn't be depicted. These are wacky slice-of-life comics about the little things which give you unnecessary difficulty largely at fault of your own. So they don't show poverty or sex-work or drug-addiction? So what?

And quit it with the "shut up stop complaining" shtick, I personally think it's totally fair to complain about how getting a job or making food for yourself or making friends is just a little bit more difficult when you're mentally-ill, or even, just, sheltered. Again, nobody thinks this is the worst thing ever to happen.
>>
I don't like them. But this is the only one I HATE. I fucking loathe every single one of this girl's comics. They are LITERALLY the same punchline every. fucking. time.
>>
>>92449500
Isn't it because she has low self-esteem? The way she got assblasted over the edits of her comics makes me think she's probably an actual sperg in real life.
>>
>>92450229
wtf fowl language artist isn't actually a duck!?
>>
>>92448813
I don't find them even remotely relatable. So they just come off as repetitive. And kind of dumb.
>>
>>92454818
Person who thinks being an adult is hard spotted
>>
>>92455056
>assblasted

Stating that there are racist edits of your work with no indication that you didn't draw and don't like them is being assblasted now?

I can understand being angry because there is the possibility that people will think it's the original and she made them.
>>
>>92454092
phillip-bankss is a goddamn treasure
>>
>>92455056
But she wasn't assblasted at all, she dealt it pretty well.
>>
Because the punchline is typically

>"I can't function! I'm like totes garbage! LOL I'm so cute and aloof XD I have the mind of a literal fucking child!"

That stopped being enduring fast.
>>
>>92455056
You'd think it's just her throwing a fit, but look at what happened with Ben Garrison.

The edits were so plentiful and prominent on google that they became associated with him for real and it hurt his income bigtime.
>>
File: 32.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>92454343
This
>>92449293
It's all an illusion! They're all well adjusted normies!
>>
>>92450229
Karl Pilkington does Lunarbaboon??
>>
>>92450229
Books of Adam dude looks like an insufferable fag I want to punch him
>>
>>92450229
>Cyanide and Happiness
Real odd man out, there.
>>
I don't "hate" them, mostly because there's nothing to hate. They're all pretty much zero substance comics. You read one Owlturd comic, you've read them all. He uses the same jokes and metaphors every single comic, and the other comics in the OP aren't much better. You can only read about people bitching about their little problems so many times.
>>
>>92448813
I don't hate them either, but I don't go looking for them or putting them on my watchlist, except for Octopus Pie if that counts.
Evidently some people care a lot about why they are popular with some, but to me it's just a genre, like superhero comics, which I don't prefer, but also don't hate.
One I do like is transgirlnextdoor even though it isn't relatable at all - it's just interesting, pic related.
>>
>>92456189
>transgirlnextdoor

Wow, that's pretty good. It's like the bizzaro Assigned Male. Thanks anon.
>>
>>92448965
drawing a butt takes even less effort but nobody ever complains
>>
File: Royal Existentials 1.jpg (301KB, 1563x500px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Existentials 1.jpg
301KB, 1563x500px
>>92456231
I think it's the most tolerated of trans comics on /co/ - which can be a tough crowd.
I also found Royal Existentials, an Indian webcomic apparantly inspired by these relatable western ones.
>>
File: Royal Existentials 2.jpg (501KB, 1563x500px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Existentials 2.jpg
501KB, 1563x500px
>>92456388
it's like an Indian Wondermark I guess.
>>
>>92448813
>Heil Hitler, gas the kikes. All niggers must die.
Gee, I wonder why someone would have a problem with it.
>>
>>92452527
name ?
>>
>>92455007
I kinda like this one because it's so bad it's basically a parody of itself
>>
File: Royal Existentials 3.jpg (296KB, 1563x500px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Existentials 3.jpg
296KB, 1563x500px
>>92456425
I'll post the next two.
>>
File: Royal Existentials 4.jpg (596KB, 1280x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Existentials 4.jpg
596KB, 1280x1092px
>>92456560
>>
>>92455007

FUCK

Whomp did it better.

Oh god, does /co/ hate Whomp now?
>>
>>92456743
Ronnie has like 5 punchlines, but damn does he do them well.
>>
>>92448813
My theory is that it's mainly ultra salty failed artists. They see other people get e-fame and possibly money off simple, "easy", relatable comics, they think that they could do that, in fact their art is better, and they're angry that this other person gets attention and they don't.

Even though most of the time they never bothered to put in the work to come up with relatable ideas and a steady output enough to create a name - it's about the potential. They COULD, in theory, have done the same, but didn't, this other person did instead. They could have been the person whose stuff everyone is reblogging, but aren't due to never putting in the effort to realize their hopes.

So, the hate is intense because they hate their own shortcomings via the comfy comics
>>
>>92449376

Don't compare her to neo Nazi Subhuman Trash.
>>
>>92448887
this, the top row are youtubers and put more effort into thier content. Tales of mere existance is especially good because it has this nice flow and doesn't rely on crud humor
>>
>>92449115
>I don't care if people like it, I just hate to see mediocrity go so rewarded.
This is a self-contradicting statement.

People like it even if it's mediocre because they relate to it. Perhaps people are mediocre, then. In any case the creator had correctly interpreted something about being human so much that people like the output. Good for them.

In general, I really don't get retards crying about how it's supposedly unfair that stuff they think is good doesn't get the attention it "deserves". Life isn't fair, children, and attention or fame isn't a reward for sheer effort, it's much more accidental than that. If you look at best sellers or the biggest successes in almost any medium that should be fucking obvious to you.

Imo everyone whining about lowbrow shit being popular somehow being the fault of the person providing the content the audience wants, and not the general audience for being simple, is a moron
>>
That Odds1Out is fucking loving the internet fame he's gotten, and is slowly but surely getting a bigger head.
>>
>>92455056
>she's probably an actual sperg in real life.
Of course she is. She makes a webcomic.
>>
>>92448813
They're all just the same message: "Gee, life sure can be hard for us millennials, right? Sure isn't what we expected adulthood to be like, right? You know what I'm saying, right?"
>>
>>92448813
It's odd. Because usually I love cynical shit, but these "LOL SOOO RELATABLE XD" tumblr comics strike me as potshots at any form slight related to adulthood, regurgitating the same small catalog of issues over and over. Kinda like what >>92457173 says.
If anything, it hints at the immaturity and feebleness of character of the author -- and of millennials in general, at that -- which turns them into unlikable manchildren almost automatically.

>>92456957
>Imo everyone whining about lowbrow shit being popular somehow being the fault of the person providing the content the audience wants, and not the general audience for being simple, is a moron
Certainly not bigger morons than the people that make up that general audience, at least.
>>
>>92458162
>Certainly not bigger morons than the people that make up that general audience

No the whiners are definitely bigger morons, save for the members of the general audience who both have shit taste AND spend time legit complaining about how horrible and unfair it is that not only someone dares to make content they personally don't like, but other people like that content, and that's UNFAIR AND WRONG because if they don't personally like x it doesn't "deserve" to be popular.

I mean that is the heart of any arguments over how something "doesn't deserve" the fame it has: "I don't like it and it's unfair that other people like what I don't like, they should like the things I like instead - and the person making the thing is a piece of shit because they dare to make a popular product I personally don't like." What's funny is that you often hear that from peopke who fqncy themselves to be smart. I mean at least the people with shit taste usually just enjoy the content they like and ignore shit they don't, instead of making posts and comments over the injustice of the existence of content they dislike.

I can understand lamenting the shit taste of the masses, but not blaming it on the content creators responding to market demand and producing a product they've found to be well received
>>
>>92458558
Sorry bout the errors, I'm on a phone and equipped with clumsy fingers
>>
>>92450229
Matt Inman is daddy material
>>
>>92456246
>nobody complains about toilet humor

Are you usually this dumb?
>>
>>92450229
Tango seems like a classy guy.
>>
>>92448813
why do you keep making these threads
>>
>>92448965
They're low-effort because you need to churn out videos of reasonable length reasonably quickly to get popular on YT. Generally, at least.
>>
>>92455293
I really wish he wasn't so busy with school so he can draw more, his art style is really good
>>
I kinda wanna make a comic that's like the oposite of these but I am not really sure how without just going "WORSE SHIT HAPPENS TO ME AND I DON'T WHINE THAT MUCH YOU PUSSIES" a lot
>>
>>92448813

>GF finds strips from bottom-left and starts going "lol he's just like you!" which I find somewhat disrespectful
>GF finds strips from bottom-right and relates to it, which reinforces and informs certain stupid behaviors
>>
Hey, Millennials, I got a news flash for you: all writing is autobiographical. You're not breaking new ground here, you're just being lazy.
>>
>>92460149
Sounds like your gf is a dumb cunt
>>
>>92448813
The old Tales of Mere Existence videos are alright.
>>
File: challenge_b1-1.png (133KB, 2320x1638px) Image search: [Google]
challenge_b1-1.png
133KB, 2320x1638px
>>92450354
>(even though the people complaining will never, ever do it despite it being so easy according to them)
Coming from someone who has considered pandering just for followers, I purposely opted out of that idea BECAUSE it's so easy, and because I would be forcing myself to do the type of thing I don't like to begin with.

I gave myself a challenge where I would draw blobs and turn them into characters and it was a fucking hit. People said, "I can see these as a show!", "You should make them into stickers.", "I hope you do more!". Spent very little time on it, that was the point of the challenge, to work fast. It was more popular than any of my animated shorts I did for college or any of my other original work.

Now, if I wanted to, I could just turn my blog into "Blobs Daily" where I have big collages of blob characters and submit one a day and turn them into stickers and charms and sell them on Etsy and dedicate most of my time as being The Blob Gal. It would be very easy and after a year, I would probably have a big fanbase.

But I don't want to because that just doesn't interest me. For me, there's no personal pleasure in pandering to other people or copying someone else's success rather than getting it in my own way. If I get people to like my work, I'd want it to be something I'm equally enthusiastic about drawing as well. I don't really care for artists who make their living off of drawing nothing but Adventure Time-esque characters, so why would I become that person? If they find pleasure in it then good for them, but I'm not going to mimic other people's success because it's easy. If that was the case, I would've never been an artist and gone for a better paying job instead.

This has nothing to do with my thoughts on slice-of-life web comics. I've done a couple just to see if I liked doing it. Just sharing my POV of why someone might not want to just follow a trend they're tired of seeing.
>>
>>92448813

Jaiden is great. I fucking hate theodd1sout, though.
>>
>>92448813
They're completely boring people with completely boring lives. They're not even interesting to spark something that would resemble hate.
>>
>>92448813
I don't dislike the comics themselves (or at least most of them) but they serve as incentive for easily-influenced people to boast about or even cultivate their personality flaws as well as self-diagnose and that's a pretty fucking big problem. I know literally everyone is a massive attention whore during their late teens/early 20s but these comics are the worst kind of validation which is something people like that shouldn't be getting.
>>
>>92460728
that's some pretty appealing blobs
>>
They're mostly fucking lazy and unfunny.

HURR DURR ME TOO DEPRESSED TO LIFE LMAO
>>
I don't think I can post images at, but recently OwlTrud has made a bit of a movement away from self-loathing... I chuckled at the below comic

http://owlturd.com/post/160019408089#notes
>>
>>92449290
Discussion =/= glorification, retard.
>>
>>92459823
That's just Peanuts
>>
>>92450229
Why is the oatmeal fucking handsome
>>
>>92448847
Like it or not these people are popular for a reason, and its not as easy as you think it is.
They are a new generation of self made entertainers and they work fairly hard to maintain their audience.
>>
>>92448813
Most people are just jealous.
>>
>>92448813
Because I don't relate to them.

My life as an adult is so much better than when I was a kid its not even funny.

My job pays enough to cover all my bills because I live cheap, my mental issues are actually getting better I make acquaintances at work easily compared to high school and actual friends who I hang out with.
>>
>>92458896
I think anon was talking about porn
>>
>>92461181
>My life as an adult is so much better than when I was a kid its not even funny.
I feel you, anon. Everyone who says, "I miss the days of being a kid and playing Super Nintendo", I just could not fucking disagree harder. Literally EVERYTHING for me is better as an adult, even video games. I've had way more fun playing with groups in a Mumble channel than doing trade link cable bullshit with Pokemon Red at school. Especially since you were not allowed to have your gameboy at school and could get it taken away.

I fucking stroll in with my Switch at work like it's nothing. Sometimes people take breaks to do Pokemon Go around the office. It's great. I would much rather take being responsible for my own bills vs. not being allowed to eat more than a small bowl of ice cream once a week.
>>
I like them and no amount of group think will convince me otherwise.
>>
>>92448813
They're lazy.
>>
File: journalcom1.jpg (315KB, 550x860px) Image search: [Google]
journalcom1.jpg
315KB, 550x860px
>>92448813
I don't find them relatable and I'm a useless millennial webcomic artist.
A lot of them seem like complaining about very trivial things. Were, most of them are. And usually none of them offers anything interesting for the reader. They're usually just poorly drawn, abstract shit like "haha I want to stay in bed all day" or "big burly LIFE is so hard on me".

Now compare them to Let's Speak English or Today Nothing Happened. Both are competently drawn and actually speak about real life. LSE offers a unique story for the reader of the author's experiences as an English teacher in Japan and observing various customs. Today Nothing Happened is about a girl studying how to draw comics and her everyday life – but it is actual every day life and you can read how it changed and how she got better as an artist and writer. Both are finished and I'd recommend either over that owl thing.

BTW, if you ever see a comic complaining about an Art Block: now that it's drawn by a hack. Professionals don't have art blocks, they have schedules.
>>
>>92454562
im gonna need a sauce on this anon, that or storytime
>>
>>92459283
it's low effort to shit on people for who put in low effort
>>
>>92461609
Are you talking about the thread or the comics?
>>
>>92458558
This comment is too smart for this thread.
>>
>>92460728
A smart artist finds a balance between what they want to do and what people want to see.

It has ALWAYS BEEN like this.
>>
>>92461754
Yeah but in a world where everyone's sister is an artist, very hard to get your stuff noticed. You could very well be making stuff people already want to see and it's just getting drowned out.
>>
>>92460255

She isn't, but she's got shit taste
>>
>>92455007
Her Harry Potter ones are funny at least
>>
>>92454756
Guys, look how jaded and angry I am! Guys look! Dont I fit in now?
>>
Someone should draw porn of Sarah Anderson getting fucked in the ass by the personification of the Owlturd guy's feelings while he sits handcuffed to a chair and wearing a cock cage.
>>
>>92452527
Men are only worth what they look.
Fuck you, ugly anon.
>>
https://aryion.com/g4/view/386203
https://aryion.com/g4/view/386395
>>
>>92462901
>https://aryion.com/g4/view/386203
This better be/ not be porn anon!
>>
>>92461141
I didn't say they weren't skilled. I said they weren't as talented as the alternative relative to popularity, dumbass. Learn to read.
>>
>>92461823
I really don't know how you feel because since the beggining my stuff was pretty popular.
>>
>>92463153
Do you even understand what you typed?
You're saying they're talent doesn't correlate to their popularity when if they weren't talented in the first place, they wouldn't be popular.

JaidenAnimations alone started doing animation work for websites and well known lets players while she she was still in HS. What the hell have you done in your worthless life? You're just a hater.
>>
Self-hating depressed /r9k/ manchild here. I don't like them because normies only care about these issues if it's cute, funny, and relatable to them. Actual societal rejects are rarely treated with the positive feedback these comics get.
>>
>>92450354
Of course the parody of something that is rote and basically shit out by a machine is going to mock how it's rote and soulless.
>>
>>92454562
cyclop is cute
>>
>>92459823
Obviously write about how great your life is.
>>
>>92455007
I just hate this fucking "the punchline is an exaggerated and detailed facial expression" thing. That's all owlturd seems to want to do, and it's always the same face.

He's done some genuinely funny comics, but then I see yet another "lol this face amirite" and I'm done.
>>
>>92467889
Exaggerated facial expressions become reaction images and dumb memes which is extra publicity for the comic. Blame KC Green and Scott Ran Some Air or however the fuck his name is spelled.
>>
They are talented philosophers and artists, people hate them because they are popular
>>
>>92448813

I actually don't recognize the top two.
>>
>>92456961
Iv been noticing. Its so fuckn annoying.

>look guys something about...ME
>>
>>92448813
>Their conceit is to convey things people tend to avoid stating
In as trite a manner as humanly possible. Have a (You)
>>
File: tumblr_ncuhg79wPp1slgb8uo1_400.jpg (70KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncuhg79wPp1slgb8uo1_400.jpg
70KB, 400x313px
>>92469148
>people hate them because they are popular

Someone agrees with you
>>
>>92471457
This comic makes me angry.
>>
File: 1475748409704.jpg (4KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
1475748409704.jpg
4KB, 126x123px
What if you don't relate to it and find these kinds of people tiresome to deal with?
>>
>>92455998
This
Self-important liberal arts degree millenials trying to pass being a man-child off as "quirky" or "relateble" or "interesting" is garbage entertainment and people that like this trash should be shamed.

The people that make these webcomics need to grow up. The people that read these webcomics need to grow up. The people that defend these webcomics need to grow up. They're decadence, pure and simple.

This is the kind of culture that elected Justin Trudeau. This is the kind of culture that thinks Night in the Woods is good writing.
>>
>>92456957
>Perhaps people are mediocre then
Coddled millenials are not "people". They are children. They are infants.

>Correctly interpreted something about being human

Absolute bullshit. There is NOTHING profound or meaningful in these comics. You might as well give props to Jerry Springer for "showing something about being human"

>Life isn't fair

Of course not idiot. No one wants to have the FBI kick down their door and prosecuted for "making money the wrong way".

But why does that mean these comics are sacrosanct? Why can't we make fun of this garbage?
>>
>>92456189
this guy is honestly disgusting
>>
I want to curb stomp Shen so fucking badly.
>>
>>92456113
he tried to open up a store with merchandise based off of clothes and brands seen in anime without crediting any of the creators and then got mad when someone shared his comic without crediting him

so yeah he is an insufferable fag
>>
>>92448813
its nothing more then a self-indulged Winning.about life and there inability to deal With it Well.
>>
>>92458558
Welcome to /co/. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>92461444
Good analysis: I also prefer journal comics.
>Art Block
Boulet did pic related on beating Writer's block
>>
>>92474453
part 2
>>
>>92448813
It seems I was mistaken.
>>
Because when I read a comic I want it to be more than just the author talking about their lack of motivation, time management skills, or creativity holding them back from making comics. Whomp is the only one in that style I can find funny but I think that's because Ronnie does try to spice things up with really surreal absurdist humor once in awhile and the guy has a really keen attention to detail you won't even notice on first glance.
>>
>>92450471
Something about his art just screams secret porn alias to me.
>>
>>92454562
>>92461528

http://couponkids.tumblr.com/post/159855088773

The very beginning.
>>
File: 51e_84e17d99a1.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
51e_84e17d99a1.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
>>92472336
>Coddled millenials are not "people". They are children. They are infants.
C'mon, son.
>>
>>92456870
Good point, she's a few rungs below nazi.
>>
>>92448813
I don't find them particularily relatable.
>>
File: COUPON KIDS 1.png (616KB, 977x2689px) Image search: [Google]
COUPON KIDS 1.png
616KB, 977x2689px
>>92454562
short animated song: >>>/wsg/1693174
pic related is first strip
>>
A lot of these kinds of works just need something to balance it all out. Like some sort of straight-man or at least some type of character that will call the author's self-insert on certain bullshit. Makes for a funnier and more interesting dynamic but what do I know?
>>
>>92461128
His fetish is cheating so there's that
>>
File: IMG_20170518_070740_076.jpg (117KB, 961x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170518_070740_076.jpg
117KB, 961x773px
Check this out!
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor_20170407.jpg (188KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor_20170407.jpg
188KB, 1280x640px
>>92472459
Have some more
>>
>>92456021
Wait, those were edits?
The Jew thing aside his comics are so far-out it's hard to tell if they've been edited or already exist as self-parody upon creation.
>Hurt his income
How? Adding the extra antisemitism doesn't seem an extra reach or push away from anything his userbase would've already been accustomed to.
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor_.jpg (78KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor_.jpg
78KB, 800x513px
>>92475789
>>
What I find least tolerable about most of these LolISuckLifeisQuirky comics is they're so shallow and superficial and don't come from a place of real dislike. It always seems like rich, well-off hipsters making works to make fun of people with actual extremes while pretending to be one themselves.

Where's a webcomic about a self-loathing autistic kid or a Commie or loud mouth Dan-Vs Expie without it being ironic or sugar-coated as them being anything but intentionally unlikable?
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor date me.jpg (156KB, 1280x597px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor date me.jpg
156KB, 1280x597px
>>92475891
>>
>LIFE
>THING
>MY DISATISFACTION
>>
File: trans_girl_next_door_0042.jpg (132KB, 1000x498px) Image search: [Google]
trans_girl_next_door_0042.jpg
132KB, 1000x498px
>>92475929
>>
File: 1474136343238.png (166KB, 555x490px) Image search: [Google]
1474136343238.png
166KB, 555x490px
>>92456189
>>92475789
>>92475891
>>92475929

This disgusting faggot needs to be thrown out of a helicopter. Degenerates like HIM (and if you call him a she you're retarded) should be fucking removed from civilization.
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor me passing.jpg (320KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor me passing.jpg
320KB, 1200x800px
>>92475962
>>
>>92475965
This. barely got dubs but still confirms
>>
>>92475965
>Pepe posting
This disgusting faggot needs to be thrown into a helicopter. Degenerates like IT (and if you call him a he you should be euthanized) should be fucking removed from civilization.
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor perv.jpg (413KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor perv.jpg
413KB, 1280x1280px
>>92476023
>>
File: 4ec.jpg (144KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
4ec.jpg
144KB, 803x688px
>>92476047
Quality shitpost. Since you're a newfag I should inform you of our rules, you need to be over 18 to post here! But no worries kid, there will be more epic memes and pepes on Funnyjunk to lol at there, and in a few years you'll blend in and be able to shitpost here properly.
Now
>>>/out/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/9gag/
>>
File: tumblr_opzqro7qgj1qk24apo8_500.gif (768KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opzqro7qgj1qk24apo8_500.gif
768KB, 500x281px
>>92456839
Pretty much
>>
>>92476047
>>92476030
>>92475965
You're all cucks. Take a nap.
>>
>why do you hate these comics?

The bottom two are garbage. That is why.
>>
>>92475929
>I'm your perfect woman

No it's actually your dick combined with feminine looks leading me into a very confused but erotic state that attracts me towards you I don't picture you as a girl at all.
>>
File: 20170518_015120.jpg (336KB, 810x2440px) Image search: [Google]
20170518_015120.jpg
336KB, 810x2440px
>>92461088
Heck he's even made a post addressing this issue
http://owlturd.com/post/157947078074/full-text-because-keep-reading-doesnt-work-on#notes
>>
>>92450229
Only ones I really hate are Catana (Because 90% of the comics are "my boyfriend's so cute") and Books of Adam (Because he's an unfunny hipster douche.)
>>
File: Menace 71.png (74KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Menace 71.png
74KB, 1200x600px
What does /co/ think of Hyperbole?
>>
>>92475965
You sound like a sad irrelevant person
>>
>>92476569
>could've easily copypasted for 3rd panel
>drew same exact thing again instead
Well that's rare.
>>
>>92475965
Calm the fuck down you autist
>>
>>92476704
Huh, I didn't notice that
Good eye
>>
>>92462901
What is it
>>
>>92476829
vore
>>
>>92476569
That is not how it was
fuck this artist
>>
File: Sylvie Reuter 1.jpg (118KB, 496x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvie Reuter 1.jpg
118KB, 496x800px
>>92448813
>>
File: Sylvie Reuter 6.jpg (349KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvie Reuter 6.jpg
349KB, 550x777px
>>92477017
>>
File: face.gif (28KB, 420x282px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
28KB, 420x282px
>>92452527
>>tfw I'm a fucking goblin and I can't draw a stick figure with appeal
Put a decent amount of effort practicing art for a month and I grantee you'll be better than all of them (maybe not cassandra)
>>
>>92450229
God I hate Lunarbabboon, every time I'm done reading his strips they leave such an artificial saccharine virtue signaling aftertaste that I want to do something edgy just for the sake of it.

I like C-Cassandra's art, I wish her well and I hope she gets gigs at Disney.

Matt Inman's stuff have fallen out of favour with me, like Maddox, he's only a good friend to have around when you agree with him politically.

I hate Owlturd because I was once that pathetic species he's trying to portray so I take no enjoyment out of painting oneself as a version of myself I was desperately trying to fight out of. To me he, as was the younger version of me, is a weaker subhuman species who we shouldn't be celebrating and popularizing, as we should be striving to become better than that.
>>
>>92459823
There's already tons of comics like this.
>>
>>92476675
i love it and ive been meaning to buy her book for like the past two years but ive never got around to it
>>
>>92476569

...wow a Artist that actually can almost draw a fucking gun that functions like it should.

This guy just went miles up in my opinion.

Seriously why is googling "Gun" so hard for most artists and they then do shit like Zenpencils handcranked breakaction huntersnoiperbroomstick
>>
File: Money equals Food.jpg (278KB, 564x4794px) Image search: [Google]
Money equals Food.jpg
278KB, 564x4794px
>>92448813
>Why do you have such a burning hatred for life relat-able comics/cartoons?
I don't hate it, I just find it quite boring. I'm a Millennial, but I don't have a "The world is out to beat me up/Life is cruel" mentality that they seem to have.

The only comic that I can actually relate to is this one, if only because I usually don't spend my money on anything and save it all the time.
>>
>>92454818

That anons analysis of the situation seems totally unbiased and like they are actually trying to be objective in their opinions.

Your response, especially misconstruing the post as anything resembling "shut up, stop complaining" makes me think this anon >>92455153 is probably spot on.
>>
The main reason you twats hate shit like this is because its a symptom of people becoming more introspective and trying to externalise their issues rather than just choking them down and letting them fester.

Because if *you* do that, all you find is steaming shit.
>>
>>92476023
I chortled at the (perhaps) unintended implication that white women are just more masculine looking
>>
>>92477017
SO ORIGINAL

megg mog and Owl did it better
>>
File: fuckthiscuckimeanseriously.gif (2MB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthiscuckimeanseriously.gif
2MB, 550x550px
worst fucker in the thread
>>
File: kms.gif (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kms.gif
1MB, 800x800px
>>92478573
>>
>>92478573
>>92478584
Millenial B^U
>>
>>92478486

>it's an "anon doesn't have the self-awareness to see his own projection in accusing other anons of projecting" episode

These take the least work of all.
>>
Someone post the "you shouldn't judge people by their tattoos" one
>>
File: haha so original.jpg (78KB, 890x1024px) Image search: [Google]
haha so original.jpg
78KB, 890x1024px
>>92478573
>>
>>92478641
Wasn't B^U already for millenials?
>>
>>92478718
I always thought he was trying to pander to Gen-Xers in his early strips.
Not so sure the current strips do, tho.
>>
>>92448813
>life relat-able
More like pandering
>>
>>92448813
Does Ronnie get in that category? He treats almost the same subject but it so much more relatable
>>
I want to fuck Jaiden
>>
File: artist.png (162KB, 800x892px) Image search: [Google]
artist.png
162KB, 800x892px
>>
>>92479301
>The bug escapes through where the fifth finger should be

Brilliant
>>
this one's my favorite
>>
>>92479385
>eyes are hard to draw
>>
>>92478149
Do it. It's worth it just for the extra story about the goose.
>>
>>92478573
I like his strips about YA novel
>>
>>92456743
Nah. Not as much love as there used to be, but Whomp usually TRIES to make it a joke, even if he fails. It's not just "haha life amirite?"
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor0.jpg (538KB, 1270x900px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor0.jpg
538KB, 1270x900px
>>92479385
>>
>>92463627
>I don't hate them.
>YOU'RE JUST A HATER!
Welp that proves you are a dumbass.
>>
>>92476569
I chuckled
>>
https://bananatwinky.tumblr.com/post/159934354141
>inb4 Tumblr
This guy does the whole depressing comics thing too, but they have really good delivery and pacing. I recommend it.
>>
>>92475962
I wonder if this person has ever been "chased"
>>
>>92474453
>>92474502
Fuck, this is perfect.
>>
File: dump.png (2MB, 1097x1069px) Image search: [Google]
dump.png
2MB, 1097x1069px
It's for pathetic people to reaffirm to themselves that they aren't the only ones suffering in the world and that some how they could connect with the human species on some level.

>On a side note: I feel happy that OP is using the image I cooked up sometime ago when I made the same thread with the same topic.
>>
>>92456839

You mean.

>Actual artist is putting blood, sweat and tears in to their art and gets nothing.
>Hack makes shitty doodle with lel feels and makes millions and will be remembered and hailed as the greatest mind of the century for all of time.
>>
>>92479301

This is funny.
>>
>>92476569
People who think there is some sudden burst of bullying via Trump, Twitter and Tumblr are too young to remember LiveJournal, DeviantART, and MySpace.
>>
They are made for losers by losers, I don't really relate to them.
>>
>>92448813
they're overdone and beat a dead horse, like okay we get it, you're a lazy introvert who likes food and has grievances with the universe. That's not as quirky as you think it is
>>
>>92482029
>millions
nah
>>
>>92479385
>>92480530
There are only a few good ones though. The bathroom one is my favorite.
>>
Because social aniexy, self loathing and depression are not actual things these people have. Let alone the majority of the "problems" that they have are easily fixable or not even real problems at all.

They then try to pass it off like this shit is isn't fixable and super hard when really they just not have to be a cunt or are being a cunt and overplaying their problems for attention

My personal favorite is when they try and play off how introverted and how big their social aniexy is by telling the story about all the times they willing went to a party they where invited to by their close friends but then had a difficult time talking to the 2 people they don't know. That strip is then followed by a good 6 strips of them hanging out with people and acting completely normal and going to very public places to met and hang out.
>>
>>92481128
Anon that comment was made like a day ago. Get over yourself
>>
>>92471457
anime and manga popular? wtf
this his the same guy that make everyone opposite to him a overreaction face and attitude?
>>
>>92476023
this is good
>>
>>92477158
bullshit
because you didn't specify how to practice
>>
I dislike them because reading these comics give the same feeling than hanging out with your deppresive suicidal friend. You hang out with him more for pity or empathy rather than actual fun.
>>
File: 1485859278579.jpg (172KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485859278579.jpg
172KB, 800x800px
>>
>>92471457
I met Justin Bieber earlier this year. Didn't know it was him cause he'd changed his hair. Seemed alright, until he got chased out of the restaurant by girls.
>>
>>92476700
You think he's a tranny too?
>>
>>92483047
my sides
>>
>Take obvious social/cultural observations
>Draw them in a wacky and "unique" way
>Pepper in some self-depreciation and tumblr depression
>???
>Profit

They're lazy and they don't say anything that either
>Everybody already knows
or
>No one thinks is worth saying.

They're all the same.
>>
The only good comic in this sense is actually a manga, and it's that one about the lesbian coming to terms with being a lesbian, and how shit her life was and still kind of is.
>>
>>92484346
watamote?
>>
>>92482122
They're all too new to remember that
>>
>>92484416
My Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness
>>>/u/2308389
>>
>>92475875
They were edits at first
Eventually Garrison got pissed off at it all and started looking up the guys messing with his work

Then he got converted.
>>
>>92484346
Oh shit I knew exactly which one you meant. I was reading it on Batoto as it came out.
>>
>>92472106
Why cant you faggots go back to fucking /pol/ and circlejerk about how youre so fucking sad you cant do jack fucking shit there?
I swear to god you fags are just as bad as these authors, youre just another self-loathing millenial but instead of diary comics you masturbate over mein kampf and dead philosophies from 200 years ago.
>>
>>92478573
I want to fucking puke when he draws duck lips on himself.
>>
File: AAAAEEEAEEAAUUGHH.jpg (46KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAEEEAEEAAUUGHH.jpg
46KB, 600x900px
>Gets idea for funny comic
>draws first panel, two people talking
>took a moderate amount of effort
>can't be bothered to draw another three panels
>copy/pastes first panel three times
>zooms in on MC's face on final panel and adds some additional wrinkles to indicate exaggerated emotion
Every fucking time
>>
>>92454343
Call me crazy but I don't think the Eclipse happened to Miura
>>
>>92479385
I hate trannies but that's cute.
>>
>>92461118
there is no discussion in most of these comics only whining and self pity/hate

and frankly there is very little discussion to be had on the topic other than it is useless and trite. everyone dislikes themselves in some way. these fuckers know that, thats why they make these """"""relatable""""" comics because it preys on an easy part of the human mind.

"oh wow look at how shitty this person is/feels, I look/feel shitty too!"

but normal ,functioning people who actually want to get ahead in life actually change the things they dont like about themselves rather than sharing it with every one like it actually matters. worthwhile people dont focus on their flaws they overcome them
>>
>>92456189
>>92479385
>>92480530
>your entire life revolves around obsessively trying to keep up a lie
Why aren't trannies mentally ill again?
>>
>>92486185
>your entire life revolves around obsessively trying to keep up a lie

thats got nothing to with being a trany so much as it does being a woman
>>
>>92476675
I like it. The drawings show artistic talent despite lack of training. And the humor is a little bit blacker than most comics of this type.

But didn't it stop existing because she's too depressed?
>>
File: IMG_8746.gif (575KB, 302x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8746.gif
575KB, 302x228px
>>92478584
Heh
>>
>>92478486
I view these comics as the opposite of that. It's examining shitty personality traits and acting like they're really cute quirks everyone should applaud. Not being able to function at a grocery store doesn't make you some special 2deep4theworld intellectual.

Identifying a problem is an important first step but it's not the last step. It's a pet peeve of mine when people turn their broken brain into their sole identity.
>>
>>92454818
Not him, but my problem is mostly with people like Owlturd who's punchline to most of his comics is just some sort of personified concept like life or depression comes to fuck him up despite it being little more than a minor inconvenience in real life. If you're going to make a wacky slice of life comedy based on your own experiences, it just comes across as disingenuous when you drastically exaggerate your own relatively minor flaws. It's especially annoying when the type of artists that usually make these types of comics are relatively attractive and well to do and in decent relationships so it just comes across as whining. Now I would understand if it was just the odd comic that they complain about minor inconveniences but for some of these people that's literally all they write. Compare them to someone like Ronnie from Whomp who only uses his self-deprecation to accentuate actual jokes rather than form the basis of the comic. In the end, I just find this type of stuff creatively stifling and boring as hell to read.
>>
>>92482260
>They then try to pass it off like this shit is isn't fixable

It's Le Seinfeld of comics xD
>>
>>92477017
>7 DAYS
>>
>>92487436
>I view these comics as the opposite of that. It's examining shitty personality traits and acting like they're really cute quirks everyone should applaud. Not being able to function at a grocery store doesn't make you some special 2deep4theworld intellectual.
This
>>
>>92448813
The only one of those that is actually offensively bad is Owlturd. He even said on his blog that he only does his "relatable" comics because it gets him attention on social media, and that he writes them to a formula.
>>
>>92449500
She hid pictures of herself from the internet until she went on her book tour, after she'd already gathered a following. The autistic backlash from disgusting Tumblr hamplanets who felt betrayed that she was actually really cute was pretty disgusting, but she absolutely saw it coming.
>>
>>92455007
Oh come on, her Harry Potter comics are fantastic and the bee ones are literally a parody of shitty "relatable" comics.
>>
File: R3.png (635KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
R3.png
635KB, 1024x768px
>>92456743
>Oh god, does /co/ hate Whomp now?
Never. Ronnie is one of the few examples of a shitty artist who took constructive criticism to heart and actually got better, and even good. I will defend his honor with my life.
>>
>>92488080
>depression comes to fuck him up despite it being little more than a minor inconvenience in real life
Someone with clinical depression probably wouldn't be able to publish anything in the first place
>>
>>92475891
Kinda missing the "Crying Game" outcome, where niggas beat your ass for being a faggot.
>>
>>92475929
This constant bitching about chasers is why no one wants anything to do with you.
>>
>>92492853
I was talking about this one mh

>>92475962
>>
What about not trying to make yourself angry by reading a bunch of comics you don't like?
>>
>>92492873
It's the equivalent of hamplanets "complaining" about catcalling, or the lack of it.

>tee hee silly boys
>I'm too much of a woman for you

>>92492940
Turning a blind eye to the fact that they exist doesn't help. They still exist, and that still bothers me.
>>
>>92480530
I can't imagine how unstimulating sex must be like this.
>>
>>92492980
No, chasers are disgusting. Chasers of anything in the lgbt community are always fucking weirdos. It's not like having a type
>>
>>92492980
>They still exist, and that still bothers me.
Why?
>>
>>92493292
Because I don't like them, and I don't want other people to like them. This isn't hard to grasp.
>>
>>92493326
You need to care a little less, dude, you'd probably be happier.
>>
>>92493248
>Chasers of anything are always fucking weirdos
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>92478149
Amazon
>>
Sarah is the only good one she states the truth no other fucker will dare to say like the comics about genetic biodiversity, racial IQ and Islamic invasion.
>>
>>92475965
You must be Lost.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>92450229
>Shen is the posterboy for garbage #Relateable comics
>no comic has ever managed to be as condescending and smarmy as Lunarbaboon, but it always escapes getting shit on
>>
>>92476700
Lets be honest here: who in this board isn't?
>>
>>92480530
>>92479385
>>92476046
>>92476023
>>92475962
>>92475929
>>92475891
>>92475789
So is his whole life summarized in "I am a tranny, isn't it wacky?".
That's pretty sad.
>>
>>92494719
>Lunarbaboon

High holy Hell, it's nothing but comic after comic about an old bald guy insisting he's a good person.

>Oh look it's X
>Some people would be mean to X!
>BUT NOT ~MEEEEEEE~

What is this garbage? It's not even aggravating it's just...weird. It's like if Dobson had all the vitriol sucked out of him.
>>
>>92494934
I find it aggravating, honestly. It's the most insecure man in the universe trying to act like he has all the answers. You don't get points for being open minded if you announce it to the world every time.
>>
bamp
>>
>>92448813
SMELLY, DUMB
NORMIE SCUM
>>
>>92475757
what's riddim
>>
>>92475929
hahhaa lol wow so quirky and relatable

i eat too!
>>
>>92456113
He works for buzzfeed what did you expect?
>>
>>92450229
You know, I've given Matt Inman shit over the years for making soulless facebook-bait comics, and for making that idiotic cat card game, but he's honestly far from the worst offender. These days he mainly just makes comics about things that are important or interesting to him, anyways. I can understand a guy who starts out with pandering shit in order to get an audience to be able to do stuff that's important to him. At least he's done some good with his fame, like open that Tesla museum, or shit on Funnyjunk.

What has Owlturd done?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing of value. Nothing Owlturd has ever done has come even close to the work of the man whose comics used to be synonymous with "reddit-pandering crap". Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1494879312100.jpg (3KB, 124x120px) Image search: [Google]
1494879312100.jpg
3KB, 124x120px
>>92476569
That comic isn't even anywhere near correct, is he running out of shit to over simplify?
>>
>>92476675
It's the godmother of the #sorelatable genre but it's one of the few that has done it right. While the art seems like another one of those lazy attempts at being "simple" the writing more than makes up for it.
>>
>>92476675
Hyperbole is the best out of all #relatable comics mainly because the author actually took her time writing good stories, instead of churning out daily four-panel shit for her Facebook. They were great to read, it was interesting to learn about her struggles with depression and the general other stories from her life.

It's a shame her sister killed herself and she broke up with her boyfriend and fell back into her depression (ACTUAL depression), because the webcomic landscape has been a lot worse without her around.
>>
File: 1495082347944.jpg (201KB, 1200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495082347944.jpg
201KB, 1200x2000px
>>92500189
>It's a shame her sister killed herself and she broke up with her boyfriend and fell back into her depression

I'm gonna need some sauce on that, anon.
>>
>>92475789
Isn't eventually bad being fucked in the ass?
>>
File: 1482860000547.png (200KB, 534x779px) Image search: [Google]
1482860000547.png
200KB, 534x779px
>>92448813
The only reason I know about bottom right is because of the porn and the /pol/ edits.
>>
>>92500247
>Allie's younger sister Kaitlin was killed at the end of 2013 when her car was hit by a train.[17]
Ah, sorry, she died in a car crash.

People have been saying that her and Duncan broke up because he's been posting on his Twitter from Seattle and somebody somewhere found out she lives in Colorado now. That one's a rumor, but from what I've read people have written Duncan, asking if Allie's okay, and haven't gotten any response, so that's a pretty big hint they're not talking anymore.
>>
>>92479301
I love it
>>
>>92472106
>>>pol
>>
File: Sylvie Reuter 5.jpg (117KB, 401x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvie Reuter 5.jpg
117KB, 401x800px
Another S. Reuter to bump/cheer up this thread.
Searching relatable comic for other countries such as Iran, Egypt and Saudi Arabia yields a few results, probably best being http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/29_09_2014_almaz.pdf, but too dark for this dying thread.
>>
File: 1415309560518.png (210KB, 472x406px) Image search: [Google]
1415309560518.png
210KB, 472x406px
>>92448813
I just really fucking hate the self depricating depression lmao sense of humor that so many are toting around now.
>>
>>92449376
Why is this person a nazi?
Did she hurt your feelings by disagreeing with you?
>>
>>92452527
>I'm a fucking goblin
I'm sorry anon but the mental image you have given me is giving me stitches
>>
>>92448813
>>92502453
And yet for some reason Whomp gets a pass. Certainly not because it's actually funny, it was doing le funny self loathing punchline face thing long before owlturd.

Is it because /co/ finds fat weeaboo neckbeards more relateable than stringbeans and women?
>>
File: night innawoods.png (159KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
night innawoods.png
159KB, 480x270px
So is pic related the apex of this kind of writing?
>>
Why are young middle class white Americans so unlikeable and arrogant?
>>
AND WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH AIRLINE FOOD
>>
>>92502787
They're this generation's byzantines.
Don't worry, their time will come.
>>
>>92502764
The cat definitely veers into it, from what I've seen. But the game is also aware of the fact that she's a bag of shit, so I dunno.
>>
>>92502787
They are the most coddled non-royal human beings that have ever existed.
>>
>>92502810
I wish the rest of America would just unite and teach middle-class whites a harsh lesson they won't forget.
>>
File: 1493426964124.png (299KB, 483x550px) Image search: [Google]
1493426964124.png
299KB, 483x550px
>dude ironic suicidal depression lmao
>>
>>92502764
No. The game more or less goes out of its way to portray the main characters as a pretty horrible person.
>>
File: sad.png (153KB, 346x859px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
153KB, 346x859px
>>92502701
>>
>>92448813
/co/ hates these comics because they're all by people who have healthy relationships with their own flaws and are able to laugh at them and learn from them.

So naturally the average Anon's constant diet of self-pity and self-loathing doesn't mesh well with this.
>>
>>92448813
They're fucking easy likes/attention/fame/money and take zero imagination or decent writing. They are single-handedly destroying actual good webcomics and forcing an artistic economy where the only way to make money is A: Getting into the torturous and archaic physical comic/art industries, which already takes way too much work and luck, B: Win the lottery and get internet famous over night, C: Draw porn on Patreon.

Webcomics are shit now because everyone only cares about reading brainless trash like Owlturd because "lol I can relate to that xD"
>>
>/co/

*gets mad if Marvel makes comics about any type of human beings except white dudes because they want their comics to be relatable*

>also /co/

* "relatable comics are the lowest form of graphic fiction, actually. Pure drek unsuited for enlightened geniuses such as myself. Goodness, my own farts smell particularly fragrant today."
>>
>>92503274
>blaming Owlturd for porn on Patreon
Have you read the average newspaper gag strip back in the day? Makes Owlturd look like gold.

It's really porn that is destroying popular art, but 4ch won't ever admit it because they need their porn more than oxygen
>>
>>92449115
>>92454092
>>92454343
I've never seen /co/ hit the nail this hard on the head on any topic before.
>>
File: 1484197602921.jpg (10KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1484197602921.jpg
10KB, 317x267px
>>92503353
>It's really porn that is destroying popular art
Oh I'd love to hear this one.
>>
File: 1376514034417.jpg (197KB, 525x865px) Image search: [Google]
1376514034417.jpg
197KB, 525x865px
>>
File: 1480015539840.jpg (148KB, 696x931px) Image search: [Google]
1480015539840.jpg
148KB, 696x931px
They're normalfags preoccupied with being "weird", "awkward" and "depressed" while they ain't shit.
>>
>>92502744
Because Ronnie (at least the character) has actual issues instead of le meme depression.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 800x1133px
>>
>>92503421
Fuck.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 800x1133px
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 800x1133px
>>
File: 4.jpg (927KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
927KB, 800x1133px
>>
File: 5.jpg (902KB, 800x1118px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
902KB, 800x1118px
>>
>>92448813
It's easy, cheap humor with generally really low tier art. I can't find any interest to them and it attract way too much for what it's worth. Attention that a lot of other comics could make use to.
>>
File: 6.jpg (853KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
853KB, 800x1133px
>>
>>92449115
This.
>>
>>92503483
Oh my god boo fucking hoo.
This is a level of self-indulgence unkown to even CHris Chan
>>
>>92502810
No. Americans are this generation's byzantines.
>>
>>92503421
HahahahahaahaahaahaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
>>
>>92503421
haha now THAT's relatable!
>>
>>92503453
>>92503466
>>92503473
>>92503483
>>92503496
>>92503508

>Willing goes to a party.
>Acts like a complete cunt.
>IM INTROVERTED GUYS!

>Wants to make friends.
>Refuses to do social things that people do.

Can she be any more of a cunt?
>>
>>92502587
Holy fucking newfag over here
>>
>>92448813
This is a pretty funny comic strip by Owlturd. The one about the square shape complaining about the round doorway was funny too, too bad it was panned by his fanbase.
>>
>>92504791
>it was panned by his fanbase.
Why?
>>
>>92504374
The comic might be first world problems galore but, are you extroverted trash by any chance?

Because only extroverts would consider 'not socializing' the same as acting like a cunt.
>>
>>92504868
They're the sparkly green turd.
>>
File: 1475112958409.png (549KB, 825x4493px) Image search: [Google]
1475112958409.png
549KB, 825x4493px
>>92504868
This is the comic in question, it's pretty funny, but some vocal members of his fanbase hated it and then the artist later apologized for the drawing.
>>
File: Hypernova kek.jpg (419KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova kek.jpg
419KB, 560x560px
>>92483047
Ok that got me
>>
>>92503421
I used to feel this way but then I started antidepressants which help my irritable depression immensely and now I have a full time job and am saving up for my own home and college classes where I will hopefully meet some good people.
I'm not a 3/10 though I'm probably a legitimate 6 or 7 out of ten but fat which knocks me down to 4 or 5, which is why I started dieting and I'm down 30 lbs with 60 more to go.
life really opens up when you have the ability to move forward and the only way you can move forward is with help sometimes that help doesn't come from people but drugs (not the "fun" kind those make everything worse)
If you have no facial aesthetics or are ridiculously short or something I'm sorry for you, but you're not as held back as you think and you should try medical help for your crippling anxiety/depression

thanks for reading my blog! @willybillywonko992
>>
>>92503473
this isn't introversion this is asbergers
>>
File: 1421550009590-3.gif (127KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1421550009590-3.gif
127KB, 255x255px
>>92502587
lurk moar
>>
>>92492853
Did you see The Crying Game?
>>
>>92450229
God, I fucking hate these people.
>>
>>92456957
Fuck you.
>>
>>92505151
I feel like I'd be scared of you in real life.
>>
>>92504974
I've been through a number of antidepressants and they do jack shit.
>>
>>92505933
then maybe you should just kill yourself obviously you're fucking worthless you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>92458558
No, blaming the people who farm the easy revenue stream in entertainment is common and valid. People shun these actions because they lead to the art itself being less valued as a whole, public burn out on the entire style/mood/genre over time, and reinforces the mindset that creating garbage media is not to be frowned upon. It's why we bitch at bad Hollywood blockbusters and reality tv. We know WHY they do it and that they won't stop, but complaining about it is a form of rejection towards the mindset that (while not effective, really) can help slowly change general opinions.
>>
File: 1480048550474.jpg (70KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
1480048550474.jpg
70KB, 450x532px
>>92505981
Come and make me
>>
>>92506291
>wanting help because you're too fucking useless to kill yourself
>>
File: 1479557502771.jpg (22KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479557502771.jpg
22KB, 367x500px
>>92506298
I'd watch my tongue if I were you.
>>
>>92476569
Someone replace Internet with Tumblr in the last panel.
>>
>>92456957
>Life isn't fair, children
I love how everybody who says that still has a hard time coping when life is unfair to them personally
>>
>>92506391
This, every time.
>>
>>92457173
Are you not a millenial yourself?
>>
>>92502587
>Why is this person a nazi
She's not, its just /pol/ made edits of her comics
>>
>>92456957
It's not that what they're writing isn't true. It's that what they're making has become very repetitive and unimaginitive. They've fallen into a hole and don't know how to (or just don't want to) bother telling their story in an interesting or unique way.

Basically every comic is
"Incredibly happy 20 something is enjoying their time in life, but then some force beyond their control, either societal or emotional, comes in and makes life harder or punishes their naivite, and then the cute 20 something either accepts their fate, or makes a funny face.
>>
>>92455056
She just said she'd block offensive edits of her comics. It's a double edge sword. /pol/ actually helped to increase her following, so it's safe to say as long as she doesn't feed the troll, she is going to be fine
>>
because they're all just the same "joke" repeated ad nausem.
>>
>>92477442
why does /pol/ keep coming here?
>>
File: 1495135891730.jpg (116KB, 900x319px) Image search: [Google]
1495135891730.jpg
116KB, 900x319px
>>92503449
LOL
>>
File: 1455836537504.jpg (99KB, 566x943px) Image search: [Google]
1455836537504.jpg
99KB, 566x943px
>>92506632
>>
>>92502849
typical nigger
>>
>>92500297
Give me more, I love these.
>>
>>92448813
It's the same shit every time. If you read one I'm-so-awkward-slice-of-life comic, you've read them all.

That, and Sarah makes herself look like a gremlin that no one would be attracted to but is a total QT in real life.
>>
>>92461141
>draw very minimalistically
>audio read pages out of your diary
>don't forget to mention your Paetron because despite being a twentysomething-midthirties person I can't afford a job nor am I taking off in my career as an animator/comic artist
>profit
anon with a microphone and photoshop, you too can become as popular as these guys. It's really trite and hackeneyed.
>>
>>92502744
Whomp does some shit that's really out there. Some of it is downright horror-genre-like. Like Runnie.
>>
>>92463627
>You're saying they're talent doesn't correlate to their popularity
That's correct. They're popular because people can relate to their stories. Hell, some prolly listen to JaidenAnimation as background noise.

Talent? What talent? If you can draw a circle for a face and dots as eyes, then Penn Ward is the pinnacle of talent.
>>
>>92464873
>I don't like them because normies only care about these issues if it's cute, funny, and relatable to them. Actual societal rejects are rarely treated with the positive feedback these comics get.
Kinda funny because I think JaidenAnimation touched on this subject once. And how everyone love the persona he portray herself as via her animations and it'd be different if they knew the real her and the same applies to creators you like who dive into the same topics as her.
>>
File: zoloft2-300x300.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
zoloft2-300x300.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>92452326
I still remember the cutesy blob of depression from the 2000s zoloft ads

Kinda like the sterile cuteness of antidepressant commercials honestly, it's what they feel like
>>
>>92502837
>But the game is also aware of the fact that she's a bag of shit, so I dunno.

>parents aren't super pissed and almost doesn't care that MC dropped out and wasted thousands of dollars
>game calls dropping out of college because you couldn't socialize "courageous"
>Mae ruins Bea's social life and Bea barely gets angry
>etc.

I like the game because it's cute, sensibly funny, and the art is good but the main character and the story is dogshit.
>>
>>92494902
Pretty sure that's just the comic, anon. Not "whole life" material in the slightest.
>>
>>92449293
Isn't this the lady that does those really racist comics?
>>
File: 1314922004718.jpg (109KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
1314922004718.jpg
109KB, 600x922px
>>92508493
>>
File: 1482754514586.png (206KB, 503x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482754514586.png
206KB, 503x1012px
>>92449293
Post more Auschwitz Andersen.
>>
>>92462901
Sarah vore
>>
File: 1483986970026.jpg (117KB, 503x763px) Image search: [Google]
1483986970026.jpg
117KB, 503x763px
>>92508743
>>
>>92508743
>Isreal is our ally
>Trump is Hitler
Didn't Trump literally say that?
>>
>>92478573
Would've been better if he just did a radial blur still
>>
>>92502764
not at all
>>
>>92503421
Literally me desu.
>>
File: 1482868102561.png (183KB, 703x837px) Image search: [Google]
1482868102561.png
183KB, 703x837px
>>92507347
>>
File: 1482865881312-1.png (156KB, 503x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482865881312-1.png
156KB, 503x750px
>>92508743
I know there's a version of what you posted where she is /pol/fied enough to stab the Jew and go right in.
>>
>>92452326
Antidepressant ads seem incredibly sinister to me, especially the cartoons with the woman who has depression covering her like a blanket.
>>
>>92499125
It's a subgenre of dubstep. They make riddim and they are most notorious.
https://soundcloud.com/monstersdub/tracks
Just follow Riddim Dubstep Community (TM) on Soundcloud if you like and the makers.
>>
File: [screams internally].png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
[screams internally].png
96KB, 519x370px
>>92503421
This hit way too fucking close to home
>>
>>92510999
>not a new IP
A simple "bump" had been sufficient. What's the point in trying hide that you want to keep a 3 day old thread alive?
>>
>>92482346
You're in denial if you think anime isn't popular. I can't even go to a board intentionally excluding of anime without Waifu this Lewd that
>>
>>92511055
>Just got back home
>Browsing through catalog
>Reading thread I've commented on before
>Come across post I feel like commenting on
It's not that difficult to comprehend.
>>
>>92449500
So, a female version of Ronnie?
>>
>>92480530
is there more?
post more
>>
File: metahatem 5132787_orig.jpg (446KB, 959x800px) Image search: [Google]
metahatem 5132787_orig.jpg
446KB, 959x800px
>>92511338
on his tumblr, sure. The best have been posted, the rest are kinda wordy.
pic related is one from Egyptian born illustrator Hatem Aly - probably counts as relateable.
>>
>>92511690
>his
>>
>>92511690
>Egyptian
Those 2 are married, aren't they?

>>92511727
According to his own comics he has a fully functioning dick. He's a guy.
>>
>>92502587
fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>92511808
yeah, but it's feminine
>>
>>92502764
shit game
>>
File: 1459579610487.jpg (2MB, 2560x3413px) Image search: [Google]
1459579610487.jpg
2MB, 2560x3413px
>>92511839
>>
File: anus lips.jpg (142KB, 750x718px) Image search: [Google]
anus lips.jpg
142KB, 750x718px
>>92485216
He seriously has some kind of lip fetish or something.
>>
>>92478274
This, goddamn. I'm actually a little impressed.
>>
>>92511829
>>92511908
That's not going to get the thread nuked, even if though it's a shitty meta thread.
>>
>>92511908
rip marten
>>
>>92511808
he is from iran?
>>
>>92512450
>Egyptian born illustrator
>>
>>92503379
No real artist draws naked people.
>>
>>92502744
Look, the rest of us can relate to being a magical fat man haunted by clones made from McNuggets, why can't you?
>>
>>92511908
Yeah yeah we've all seen crossed.
>>
>>92450229
Wait, Outmeal is normal or even handsome guy? I always asumed he was some big, tall fatass.
>>
File: patrickjazz.jpg (6KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
patrickjazz.jpg
6KB, 250x186px
>>92502787
Their problems aren't bad enough to be engaging "problems," yet they aren't well-off enough to be comically hateable like Eisenstein-style decadent bourgeois. There's nothing interesting about them on a non-individual/personal level, so when these comics homogenize their situations for humor it just gives this weird hollow feeling.

Like there should be something more there, but there's not because there's no individual to get to know better, except for the artist, but attempting to form a relationship with the artist disables the homogeneity that the comic was banking on in the first place. Either way it leaves you wanting more.
>>
File: 1491014982163.png (372KB, 866x834px) Image search: [Google]
1491014982163.png
372KB, 866x834px
>>92504955
Really speaks wonders about the kind of readers he attracts if THIS is actually offensive to them
>>
>>92511843
shit opinion desu
>>
>>92449376
>calls someone a nazi
>uses anon as if it were a name when it's not needed
This is how you spot either a tumblr user or a fucking girl, either way you don't read comics so gtfo
>>
>>92472106
Go back to /pol/ you pretentious loser
>>
>>92504879

>extroverted trash

Also there is a difference between not socializing and willingly going to a party and then getting upset someone talks to you because you don't want to and then completely shutting them down and out.
>>
>>92478486
>externalise their issues

Most of their issues aren't even real issues though.
>>
>>92474814

You're right. They are less than babies. Literal filthy insects who leech off the world and spread their filth to infect the pure and good.
>>
File: transgirlnextdoor_lather_.jpg (260KB, 1280x922px) Image search: [Google]
transgirlnextdoor_lather_.jpg
260KB, 1280x922px
>>92511808
>Those 2 are married
pretty sure he's meant to be her grandfather - panel 2 should convey the artist's intent
>>92511808
>According to his own comics
yes, pic related
>>
>>92502391
This is great, actually
>>
There is nothing wrong with Tales of Mere Existence.
Thread posts: 429
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.