[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain America Storytime part 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 232

>>91929706
>>91933921
>>91941919
>>91945831
>>91949678
>>91953731
>>91961059
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91981385
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91984482
I love the image in what ever they call that insert in the upper left.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91984482
If you've got a complete reading order for this run Preacher, could you please post it? Might track these issues down later
I'm willing to give a bump in exchange
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: thor corner boxes.jpg (318KB, 912x964px) Image search: [Google]
thor corner boxes.jpg
318KB, 912x964px
>>91984930
they are called (wouldja believe it?) corner boxes
and indeed, those are cool
>>
>>
>>
>>91984995
>If you've got a complete reading order for this run Preacher, could you please post it? Might track these issues down later
>I'm willing to give a bump in exchange
I been trying to find a decent reading order. i am using comicvine it starts at 307 and finish at 443.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/captain-america/4050-2400/object-appearances/4040-41607/
>>
>>91985038
Cool
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91984908
anyone else feels like Cap's rogues gallery is very underappreciated?
sure, they aren't as cool as the best (Batman, Flash or Spider-Man), but they have some interesting villains
>>
>>
Thanks for posting, preacher anon

Gruenwald's run is classic but I've never read the whole thing through so this is a sweet treat
>>
>>91985289
>anyone else feels like Cap's rogues gallery is very underappreciated?
>sure, they aren't as cool as the best (Batman, Flash or Spider-Man), but they have some interesting villains
Excluding Red skull
Cross bones
Baron Blood
Baron von Strucker
Zemo
Batroc the Leaper
Zola
Lukin
Constrictor
Cutthroat
And many more.
>>
>>91985289
I have a soft spot for the Jurgens run

I know the whole "twisted reflection of Cap" schtick has been played out, but I don't care what anyone says, Protocide was dope. Especially when he beat the tar out of USAgent
>>
>>91985297
>Thanks for posting, preacher anon
>
>Gruenwald's run is classic but I've never read the whole thing through so this is a sweet treat
You welcome anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91984778
Manwolf is actually pretty potent considering he's physically powerful enough to tango with Spidey and give him a serious run for his money.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91985382
I unironically like Armadillo, too
Also, Madcap
Iron Nail & Dr Mindbubble
The Serpents
The list goes on...
>>
>>91985500
>Manwolf is actually pretty potent considering he's physically powerful enough to tango with Spidey and give him a serious run for his money.
Yeah he got a, a decent fight with Carnage.
>>
>>91985561
>I unironically like Armadillo, too
>Also, Madcap
>Iron Nail & Dr Mindbubble
>The Serpents
>The list goes on...
Same. Viper best villain waifu
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91985383
He beat Walker so bad that SHIELD had to scoop up what was left and gave him a terrible Dredd-knockoff costume
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Umm… I love George's work, his boundless enthusiasm, and sunny demeanor, but I keep reading on FB from people like Marv Wolfman and Kark Kesel that he's had a heart attack.

BC comment section

Yesterday we ran the story that George Pérez would not attend the East Coast Comic Con as previously arranged, with reports of a trip to the hospital over possible chest pains/heart issues. There was natural concern from fans, friends and family, but today we have a report from good friend of the man, Constance Eza.

A quick update on George Pérez (posted with permission): He's doing great, feeling much better and is in good spirits! He thanks you all for your thoughts and well wishes.

Constance Eza I can't and won't discuss specific medical information, but he is doing well.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Spaeking of Red skull was that during heroes reborn or before. The time he denounced Nazism, supposedly because it was getting old-fashioned:
>>
>>
>>
>>
Inspiration: Hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top

As far-fetched as it sounds, Captain America co-creator Joe Simon revealed in his autobiography My Life in Comics a cold confectionery treat was his off-the-wall inspiration for the red-faced mad man:

I was always thinking about heroes and villains, with all sorts of ideas swimming around in my head…I had a hot fudge sundae sitting in front of me, with the vanilla ice cream, and the hot fudge is running down the side. It was intriguing. The hot fudge looked like limbs—legs, feet, and hands—and I’m thinking to myself. Gee, this’d make an interesting villain, I mused. We’ll call him Hot Fudge … Just put a face on him, and have him ooze all over the place. But I looked again at the sundae, and I saw the big cherry on top. The cherry looked like a skull. “Wow,” I said to myself. “Red Skull … that sounds good.”
>>
>>
>>
>>
The Red Skull was only supposed to appear once. We killed him off in the very first story, and I never thought anybody would remember him. But they did – they clamored for us to bring him back.
>>
>>
>>
>>
“Now we needed a villain for inside the comic, too. One day I was in Times Square at Childs Restaurant. It was a nice place to eat and to get away by myself for a while. I would go there for my lunch and desserts, and on this day I ordered a hot fudge sundae. Unlike Kirby, I could have eaten as many of those as I wanted. I was a pretty skinny guy—153 pounds and six-feet-three—and I kept that weight pretty constant until I went into the service. Even sitting at lunch, I was always thinking about heroes and villains, with all sorts of ideas swimming around in my head. Next thing I know, I had a hot fudge sundae sitting in front of me, with the vanilla ice cream, and the hot fudge is running down the side. It was intriguing.
“The hot fudge looked like limbs—legs, feet, and hands—and I’m thinking to myself. Gee, this’d make an interesting villain, I mused. We’ll call him Hot Fudge…Just put a face on him, and have him ooze all over the place.

“You have to be stupid to be in this business. Nevertheless, I did some sketches, right then and there. And I looked at them.

“Nah, I thought. Who would believe anything like that?

“But I looked again at the sundae, and I saw the big cherry on top. The cherry looked like a skull.

“’Wow,’ I said to myself. ‘Red Skull…that sounds good.’ And it made a lot more sense.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91987010
>>
>>91986714
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91985890
a bum ticker...rest up George
>>
>>
Anon waifu.
>>
>>91987324
>a bum ticker...rest up George
This
>>
>>
>>
>>91987357
Sorry wrong issue.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91984995
It's pretty easy to read Cap in order, just download the torrent with all the comics.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91987623
Ah, so this scene (which has been posted a lot this year) happens here
Good to know
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91988064
>Ah, so this scene (which has been posted a lot this year) happens here
>Good to know
I loved Skull Reaction.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91985289
I agree. A lot of Marvel villains are way under appreciated and many could use some revamping that wouldn't be too hard.
Batroc is actually a pretty cool villain in the sense that he plays a good "honorable foe" type guy, a villain with a sense of fair play.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91988625
Batroc is one of the best villains period. He gets taken seriously almost every time he pops up. The man has made a career out of fighting a super-soldier. There's a reason he has no trouble finding steady employment
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
The end of part 8.
>>
btb
>>
https://pastebin.com/zTUCPRBs
>>
>>91988809
And Cap just fucks off like that?
"Oh I guess I'll have to deal with him when he's feeling better"?!
>>
>>91986387
Well he's not wrong, technically.
That said, a lot of that crap feels like it's just more "this could be offensive, remove it" stuff, which is unbelievablely stupid considering supervillains aren't supposed to be "good" people.

It's a fucking clown show over at Marvel these days, I swear to god.
>>
New Thread . >>91989235
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1NQylsRDDg

>>
>>91987422
Mags likes making his enterence, huh?
>>
>>91987448
Damn, that's some cold shit to throw back in his face Skull.
>>
>>91988120
The...Flamingo....?
Wait. Is Asp seriously a stripper when not being a supervillain?
>>
>>91988154
Hahaha, he can't resist the whole "a young lady like you shouldn't be such and such" speech.
>>
>>91990565
Locations:

New York City
Pink Flamingo Lounge
>>
>>91990026
>Damn, that's some cold shit to throw back in his face Skull.
Ice Cold.
>>
https://pastebin.com/4FMN43s4

>>
>>91984793

Cap deploys puns.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>91985457

That's what happens when you take too much male vitality. Be warned Infowars fans.
>>
>>91992145
>"HAFF YOU EVER CONSIDERED, HERR MAGNETO, ZAT YOUUUU ARE ZE NAZI?"
>>
>>91998328
Thanks.
>>
New >>92000335
>>
>>91999358
Perfect.
>>
>>91984482
>Bloodstone
Fuck yeah, I'm only familiar with the most recent offspring.
>>
>>92002691
>Fuck yeah, I'm only familiar with the most recent offspring.
Nice
>>
>>91986829

The infamous image at last.
>>
>>92003059
This
>>
reading bump
>>
>>92006635
Thank you anon.
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 232

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.