[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NotJSA - Secret Six Storytime Part 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 140

Good evening, sorry for the delay. I was ready to continue on the 1st, but COCK happened, and had to delay:

Part One: >>90982087
Part Two: >>91021390
Part Three: >>91070450
Part Four: >>91094867
>>
April Fools!
I lied about the cover, but we will be reading that issue next. First, a Battle for the Cowl "tie-in"
>>
My knowledge of editorial and news hi jinks of this time period is almost non-existent, but I wonder if this was a mandatory tie-in, or just someone Simone wanted to do
>>
>>
>>
There's some pretty good Bane in this issue
>>
>>
>>91256814
He's a big guy.
>>
There's something weird about how that kid is drawn, and I can't quite place it
>>
>>91256845
>You think he means us?
>He could well be.
Whatever not like English is his first language.
>>
>>91256876
>UUUU
>>
I'm pretty sure that Doll is right here, he/she doesn't seem to have any parts left
>>
Bane's being a gentleman
>>
>>91256681
>but COCK happened, and had to delay:
Part of me hopes you mean that literally, and that you had to get your fuck on.
>>
>>
>>91257000
A and B. The Comics/Cooking thing happened and ruined a few storytimes, and I was out of town yesterday until late in the evening
>>
>>91256814
>>91256878
There's something ridiculous about Bane being the "there's nothing wrong with you I can't fix... with my BARE HANDS" guy when characters with much more significant actual super strength aren't. Mind you, not like Black Adam isn't shown eviscerating people.

>>91256946
This is a gift.
>>
>crowbar

So how common is knowledge of a Robin being smashed to death?
>>
>>
>>91257048
>April Fool's
Ah, the worst holiday strikes again. Joy.
>>
>>
>>91257048
Hope you got your fuck on good.

>>91257130
HI CRANKY
>>
>>91256681
>but COCK happened
In your ass?
>>
>>91257130
This board was not too bad. MLP got merged with POL
>>
>not without my permission
>>
>>91257151
That's some Flex Mentallo muscle magic shit in panel 2.
>>
This is perfect
>>
>>91257156
Hey now, one doesn't have to be Cranky to not enjoy Internet April Fools. Cranky was here today though
>>
Great, the buzzkill
>>
How's everyone doing tonight?
>>
>>91257156
Wha- I am not THAT distinctive. You were just guessing.

I any case, April Fool's is fucking stupid.
>>
>Nightwing ass
>>
>>91257180
/litfit/ was also good. I was amazed at how quickly /tv/'s shitposting got drowned out by the awfulness of /mu/ on /mtv/.
>>
>>91257435
I have to say, I agree with you on this one. April Fools just makes the internet annoying to use for a day
>>
>>91257446
>turn around and pose
>you think you can challenge this ass
Though everyone is drawn kinda weird here and the beef doesn't come off IMO.
>>
>>91257435
You are that distinctive but I love you for it.
>>
File: image001.jpg (380KB, 1590x2445px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
380KB, 1590x2445px
>>
Her name certainly sounds "ethnic"
>>
Ignore that last comment, I was looking at the wrong page.

Nicola Scott certainly draws a kind of nose, doesn't she?
>>
Anything notable today? I saw a CBR article that pretty much laid out how Mr. Gabriel was totally wrong about his "diversity" argument
>>
The boss is very clear on not mixing metaphors/similes
>>
>>
>>91257501
Yeah, the Beefcake continues, but there is a lot of cheesecake coming up
>>
>>
>>
>>91257670
Catalyst will be here soon, got a preview. It'll be interesting to see how it bombs.

I don't think the diversity argument is 'totally' wrong but you can't sign it off there. There are huge serious problems with Marvel's line-up and marketing you can't ignore. Link if you like.
>>
Papa Bane
>>
>>91257871

http://www.cbr.com/no-diversity-didnt-kill-marvels-comic-sales/

The weirdest thing that I can't believe I didn't notice is:

>Between October 2015 and February 2017, Marvel launched or relaunched at least 104 ongoing superhero series, for an average of about six new #1s a month.
>>
Here's some more weird, kind of contradictory backstory from Jeanette
>>
>>
>>91257939
I do think there's an argument about cutting off huge parts of the established characters at the same time, and I think Wilson's point about launching a legacy by shitting on the original character leaving a bad taste was good. But yeah that's fucking ridiculous and hilarious and Marvel are drinking some freaky kool-aid if they think they can lay it all on no blacks, gays or women. Mind you they also think selling a book at $9.99 means it'll sell more, so.
>>
>>
>>91258037
THE FUCKING EGGS AGAIN
>>
Mockingbird appears to be back
>>
>>91257446
Iconic
>>
>>91258051
There is so much weird-shit to digest from that Gabriel interview. He claims that that #25 #9.99 issue of Spiderman did great, so I really want to see what the actual numbers are for it
>>
>>91257670
Seems pretty clear that the problem is that most of the diversity titles were rushed to print without proper development or a clear focus or direction. Hence, they failed because they fucking sucked. Just look at Carol for the prime example. Like five different relaunches, no central theme, no story direction, no effort. The suits are high as fuck if they think those books failed because nerds supposedly have a "white men only" mentality. Your core audience isn't made exclusively of /pol/-tards for fucks sake. It's much more NOT MUH than outright prejudice.
>>
How many eggs does Gail Simone eat every day?
>>
Ragdoll is very observant
>>
>>
>>91258229
The thing is it's not only the diversity books that failed. That article's point about the collapse of X-Men is good, because you're being really disingenuous if you consider that to not sell for diversity reasons considering how it's been for Marvel historically. But honestly I just see more reshuffles and relaunches in the immediate future.

>>91257990
This kind of fits Banshee, at least. So she was Irish because she was Eastern European?
>>
>>91258236
Come to think of it, pages from this series would have been great for /cock/ day. So many shots of Catman cooking and other bits of food (like Hatter sticking hats on fruits)
>>
>>91257670
Yeah I agree with the article

Though the whole "diversity" thing is just a small piece of the pie because people don't tend to like their heroes being messed with. But shitty business practices like #1s, terrible events, delays, god awful writing on their A list books, 9.99 priced issues with shitty side stories nobody cares about, etc are bigger pieces of the pie imo

Marvel just needs new editorial and writers
Though I think they did acknowledge they were doing too many events and said there wasn't gonna be one for 18 months after Secret Empire, so we'll see how that goes
>>
>>91257180
Most of the combos were fun. /fitlit/, /cock/, and /mo/ were great, /fap/ and /can/ were alright and /mlpol/ was a hilarious shitstorm. The later ones like /spa/, /vint/, and /mtv/ didn't really have enough time to gel, and poor /out/ got stuck with /soc/.
>>
>>
>>91258303
>because
Before, whoops
>>
It's /co/'s newest waifu
>>
>>91256878
She seem to shift size slightly from panel to panel.
>>
>>91258303
Last thread people were trying to piece together her history. French mom, Hungarian dad, was around for Elizabeth Bathory (1614 at the latest), but also mentioned the "revolution" (presumably the French one)
>>
Deadshot's a bit of an ass, isn't he?
>>
>>91257081
I'm sure the Joker keeps a photo in his wallet of it.
>>
Another series of consistent covers
>>
>>91258321
I somehow doubt that they will be totally eventless for the next 18 months. I can see crossovers between books still happening
>>
>>91258383
>Artemis is a "new" waifu
Pfft. Took em long enough. Goddamned plebs.

By the way, I think this is where her skull motif started to fade, cause up until this point, this outfit here would have markings on the front making her torso appear to be a skull, and she would also have skull shoulder pads and skull kneepads. Skulls. And spikes, lots of spikes.
>>
>>91258618
She's been a lot of love recently from the Outlaws threads
>>
>>91258602
Oh they're definitely gonna do crossovers

They probably meant stuff like CW2 and Secret Empire where the event effects multiple books not in the same group
>>
>>91258649
*getting a lot of love

Deadshot actually seems a little guilty
>>
Truth from Ragdoll here.
>>
>>
>>91258649
I know. Probably a safe bet none of her new fans know she had her own miniseries back in the day. It was every bit as 90s as she is.
>>
One the small list of things that can trigger Bane, this is one of them
>>
That's a pretty awful prison to put an Amazon in, drugged up or not
>>
>>
That guard captain seems to be rationalizing his role as a warden pretty well
>>
>>
>>
>>91258793
Have you read her new Outlaws stuff? What do you think?
>>
Lots of money went into that, it would be a shame if something happened to it
>>
>>91258678
I wonder how long it will be until a crossover spills into other unrelated books
>>
>>
seriously shitty security
>>
Handle the fight/flirting for later
>>
>>
>>91256681
>>
>>91259283
It's a shame Artemis and Knockout didn't meet.
>>
>>
>>91259321
At this point the best Banshee backstory would definitely be that it was all made up.
>>
Blake should have remembered that Scandal survived a gunshot to the head (from Floyd).

This also might be the second or third time Floyd has shot Jeanette
>>
>>91259086
Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth is way better than it has any right to be.

It has a clear focus and direction, a consistent tone, the main characters are likeable and well researched, and even the action is pretty cool. This book is so good I honestly have a hard time believing Lobdell is writing it.
>>
>>
>Swine

Everyone seems to be using that word this arc
>>
An accurate cover
>>91259346
They definitely would have had good banter
>>
>>91259450
It's impressive what good editorial can do
>>
This is a nice page
>>
Damn it Lawton!
>>
>>
>>91258383
BIG GUY
I
G

G
U
Y
>>
>>
>>91259695
I completely missed that, and that he also tore off yet another arm. I wonder if there is a "Bane rips people apart" compilation out there
>>
>>91259723
>sends her through a building
>uses remaining building as a giant club
>>
Incoming Fight/Flirting banter again
>>
Those fingers are very, very close to going into Diana's mouth
>>
>>
>>
More backstory
>>
The page that I assume launched a thousand edits. I actually haven't seen it in the wild lately
>>
>>
Diana did react pretty harshly immediately when she saw Artemis passed out, but then again, the Six are known criminals
>>
>>
Oh Ragdoll
>>
>>
>>91260298
Scandal is being a little bit of a bitch here. Trying to get him off drugs, only to break them out when they need help
>>
Gotta love Artemis
>>
>>
>>
#notmydevil
>>
>>
This series will find any excuse to draw characters in different costumes (see Savage Land arc later)
>>
>>
>>91260024
Lewd
>>
>>
>>91257378
Pretty good, thanks for storytiming
>>
Eyes always on the important things with Ragdoll
>>
>>
Did this Grendel appear before?
>>
>>
>>91260773
Thanks Comicvine, this Grendel appeared in the Wonderwoman that Simone was writing at the same time as this
>>
The various stripper costumes in this book are fantastic
>>
Hey, a future plot point
>>
>>
:(
>>
>>
>>
This stuff does not really line up with other things that Scandal has said.

Didn't she say that her mom died when she was three?
>>
>>91260609
Bane's so stylish.
>>
>>
I wonder what Vandal was plotting in Brazil
>>91261103
He is always on point
>>
>>
>>91261005
That's one fancy gloryhole.
>>
How frequently do they show "the claws going in" in X-men or Wolverine books?
>>
>>
Somehow the most disloyal member of the team

Also look, Simone is trying to use Amazon's Attack! for a better story
>>
>>91261217
Depends how recently it was made.
>>
>>91256681
Welcome back, OP. I can't wait to get into the big guy.
>>
>>
>>91261313
Good timing, he even gets a cover right now.

Last issue for the night, and end of the arc
>>
>>91261091
I remember six. All the same yeah things are not lining up.
>>
I need sleep but have a bumpy.
>>
>>
>>91261378
Thanks man, have a good sleep.
Another lewd page involving Diana. More Simone fetish-stuff? Or just a callback to her root? You decide!
>>
is it /d/?
>>
Jeanette just wanted to be rescued
>>
>>91261482
Bondage+vore=/d/
>>
Bad Scandal, bad!

>>91261370
Simone continues to be inconsistent with minor background details to this day. The town that the protagonist in Clean Room lives in has changed names twice (though that might just be Simone being ballsy), and the age of a minor character also changed between issues
>>
>>
These are bana-mighdall, right? Not immune to bullets
>>
Bit of a speech bubble mistake here
>>
Jeanette calling out clothing damage
>>
>>
>>91261682
Big one too because until the last line it seems correct.
>>
>>
>>91261682
Is it too late to say that I like her jersey+ruffled skirt+hiking boots outfit?
>>
Bringing Ragdoll on a team kind of seems like bringing Harley Quinn. They both seem hard to control when in the field
>>
>>91261808
It's like she recently left the Island and does not exactly know how to put outfits together
>>
>>91261871
also, more clothing damage on Jeanette...again
>>
>>
>>91261555
We can now add incest to that
>>
Artemis ready to get shit done
>>
Simone continuing to try to walk back from the "Wonder Woman is willing to kill quite a bit" part of Infinite Crisis.

>Diana hates necks
>>
>>91261965
I think it might be furry too. It might just be monster man though.
>>
awww
>>
>trigger discipline on Artemis

Last time encountered some good guys, Oracle sent a video of Floyd killing an oligarch to the Russian authorities
>>
>>
>>91262122
Now the Big Guy is in formal command of the Six.

Next Time: We have a one-shot with Deadshot's history written by Mr. Ostrander, followed by a Black Alice introduction, then a three part Blackest Night crossover.

I might be back on Thursday, depending on if JSAnon is running anything that night. If not, it will be sometime later this week.

Have a good night!
>>
>>91262178
Thanks! Quiet night
>>
>>91262178
We are back Wednesday and then off again because I got scheduled way fucking over this week

:(
>>
>>91263490
Thursday it is then. Darn that sucks when scheduling is awful
>>
Thanks OP, youre the best
>>
>>91257180
Apparently by the end, /mlp/ won /pol/ over. I really hope they merge boards again next year. Get /a/ and /v/ in on the shenanigans. Maybe /tg/ too.
>>
>>91257081
More people probably know about the bomb than the crowbar. Opposite of real life, strangely enough.
>>
>>91262025
Diana got really good at snapping necks. Grendel's was the neckest of them all.
>>
>>91262178

Thanks anon. Definitely enjoyed this, hadn't read Secret Six before it was recently storytimed here but I love it.
>>
>>91265572
It's a pretty good solo series, but does run out of steam before the end. There is a very good story coming up though
>>
>>91265935

Awesome! Can't wait.

Is the New 52 version of the team going to be storytimed too?
>>
>>91262122
Bane really is Team Dad.
>>
>>91261435

Does Simone have a history of fetish stuff?
>>
>>91256814
>>91256788
This is like the third time in this series Bane knightfalls someone.
>>
>>91256912
>>91268435
see even the mooks knows about Bane's fetish
>>
>>91268435
>>91268464
Bane breaking Catman an egg over his knee would be the top weird fetish Secret 6 moment.
>>
>>91259490
Oh god
>>
>>91261005
Wait, I thought Bane hated prisons. why is he happy here?
>>
>>91261637
>I repent all earthly deeds
>>
>>91267396
She definitely has a "giant lady/small person" thing going on. There's a Simone Giantess compiliation that gets posted once in a while, but I've never saved it
>>
>>91258536
Artemis is a cutie
>>
>>91272301
Sure is.
>>
>>91260455

Clearly this guy hasn't met Mephisto and the Specter.
>>
>>91271229
>Simone has pleb fetishes
>>
Controversial opinion: King's hairless naked Bane is way better.
>>
File: simonegiant.jpg (2MB, 2048x1582px) Image search: [Google]
simonegiant.jpg
2MB, 2048x1582px
>>91271229
Found the picture in the archive

>>91273986
She seems to have moved on to bicurious brown girls if Clean Room is any indication
>>
>>91274042
Shit that 'THE REPTILE BRAIN' really makes it.
>>
>>91259602
cat tiddies > wonder tiddies desu
>>
bump for next part
>>
>>91276504
Next part will be thursday night. There's no need to keep this one alive
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 140

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.