[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spoils the how the big set piece of this movie is resolved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 48

File: IMG_5433.png (295KB, 670x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5433.png
295KB, 670x277px
>Spoils Iron Man showing up there
>Spoils how shitty the CG will look(and don't fucking tell me it will be fixed. This is the final product. We said the same thing about TASM2 and X:Apocalypse)

What went fucking wrong?
>>
>>91139399
This movie is just a means to an end. part of a contract. The studios don't actually give a shit about it.
>>
>>91139399
>What went wrong?
People started caring way too much about "spoilers". I have to imagine idiots like you immediately hate a story once you finished it because you now know what happened.

Seriously, get over yourself.
>>
>>91139399
We also said the same thing about GOTG, an actual MCU product, and the CGI did show a marked improvement in the final production.
>>
File: 1490783935158.png (859KB, 930x899px) Image search: [Google]
1490783935158.png
859KB, 930x899px
>>91139399
At least we know what the stakes and villains are unlike that other trailer for that piece of shit WB movie that came out recently that I won't mention

Looking at you IT
>>
>>91139528
>People started caring way too much about "spoilers"

They really didn't have to show Ironman showing up in that scene, though.
>>
File: IMG_5436.png (588KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5436.png
588KB, 1136x640px
>>91139399
>Daily reminder the majority of this movie was filmed in a studio in Atlanta
>Daily reminder the previous Spidey movies were filmed in NYC
>Daily reminder the majority of this movie's scenes will happen inside a building or on an obvious soundstage
>Daily reminder shitty CGI, green screen, and establishing shots will be used as a stand in for NYC
>>
>>91139528
>Not wanting the movie to spoil its biggest plot points in trailers
>"Caring too much"

I bet you're one of those autistic faggots who reads spoilers for upcoming movies you want to see.
>>
>>91139706
And? That's how it is for most movies
>>
>>91139642
It doesn't matter. What matters is if that scene is any good or not.

I really do not understand this obsession with spoilers. Not once in my life has knowing what's going to happen in a story ahead of time affected my enjoyment of it. Maybe I'm just crazy for caring more about the execution of storytelling rather than some fleeting feeling of surprise.
>>
>>91139790
>>91139781

/r/marvelstudios is leaking
>>
We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.
>>
>>91139528
Seriously. Movie trailers have been spoiling entire films since the 30s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFupzTT7ENg
>>
>>91140109
>This persecution complex
Dude
>>
>>91140109
>if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out
Seriously what is up with this? I realize its just /co/ and /tv/ but still.
>>
>>91140109
New pasta
>>
File: 6COLO5f.jpg (131KB, 852x838px) Image search: [Google]
6COLO5f.jpg
131KB, 852x838px
>>91139399
>Spoils how shittg the CG will look
>>
>>91140109
Better use this as a screencap next time, making it a pasta gives the feel you're trying to trick people or something
>>
>>91140533
Contrarianism.

MCU is popular so it's bad.

DCEU is not popular so it's good and misunderstood.

And it's particularly pervasive because DC directors and producers encourage that viewpoint in their diehard fans.
>>
>>91139609
Honestly, I'm a much bigger MCU fan but the JL trailer was way better. It actually looked hype as fuck without giving the full movie away. We haven't even seen Superman or Steppenwolf yet, for one thing. Now, the movie itself actually being good is another thing, though.
>>
>>91140626
JL's only the first trailer tho

>It actually looked hype as fuck
I couldn't feel it. Aquaman looks fun i guess
>>
>>91140531
It may seem a bit over the top but it's all true and while I'm aware the double standard blade cuts both ways it's just impossible to talk about anything MCU without people blowing everything out of proportion just to shit on it.

And while you can make the same argument for the DCEU, popular opinion, critic reviews, sharp theater attendance drop-offs, insider leaks, etc all seem to support an overly negative view of the end product. That doesn't mean the DCEU doesn't get shit on unfairly on occasion, but calling it how it is still isn't the same thing as attacking the MCU with endless meme attacks and shitposting.
>>
File: the truth about dceufags.png (50KB, 1320x306px) Image search: [Google]
the truth about dceufags.png
50KB, 1320x306px
>>91140109
Screencapped for fucking truth.
>>
>>91139528
Thing is, these movies don't have anything else going for them except for "cinematic universe easter eggs" (the post-credit scenes always get more talk than the movies themselves second only to whatever week-long controversy might arise) and "accuracy of characters' looks"

They're terribly plotted, boringly scripted, poorly directed, awfully staged, soullessly acted, focus-tested-to-death lists of executive desicions made into ugly huge asspackages
>>
>>91140768
That's just, like, your opinion, man
>>
>>91140558
This is Sony not Marvel.
>>
>>91140680
I dunno man, all I know is that it's super fucking annoying to go into a thread about a DCEU movie and have the third post be someone like "top kek who cares about the DCEU when MARVEL HAS SPIDER-MAN COMING OUT!!" And then the thread gets derailed.
It annoys me when DCEU fans do it in Marvel threads too, but don't act like Marvel fans are some hated group that aren't allowed to be fans of their product.
>>
>>91140768
Are you talking about the MCU or DCEU, because the MCU seems to have found a happy medium between executive mandated formulas and artistic quality. Not that they couldn't be better, but you're really just projecting everything wrong with the DCEU onto the MCU at this point.
>>
>>91140654
It was the legitimately good visuals, coupled with the less pretentious and more fun mood (which by the way, is SUCH a fucking relief after how seriously MoS and BvS both took themselves and how much of a drag the latter was), some snippets of good action and the music that did it for me. Just hearing that cover of Come Together while seeing Mera for those two seconds legitimately gave me chills. Doesn't hurt that the visuals and action mostly look really damn good too.

I've always felt like if Snyder were to just get the fuck over himself and quit trying to be pretentious, and just make a fun, action-packed movie, it might just be good, since he really is an astounding visual director and JL is the closest thing to that he's made so far, judging from the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie ended up sucking anyhow but one thing about Snyder's movies is that he's really good about getting good trailers made for them.

I hope Aquaman isn't just Dudebroquaman.
>>
>>91140109
Neat, a new pasta.
>>
>>91140847
Snyder is a master of making god tier trailers, not good movies unfortunately.
>>
File: Anti-Homecoming Shill Bingo.png (86KB, 1283x1148px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Homecoming Shill Bingo.png
86KB, 1283x1148px
Still a work in progress, doubt I'll ever bother finishing it.
>>
>>91140109
THIS

this is why we need to ban DC and it's fucking cancer fanbase
>>
>>91140986
No, there's no sense in banning one of the big two, this is just something we're going to suffer with. For all we know it's Marvel/Disney hiring people to act like idiot DC shills so everyone will hate DC fans, because I can't honestly imagine Warner Bros hiring shills to act so obnoxiously toxic.
>>
>>91140840
I'm basing my opinion on two Avengers movies, Guardians and the last two Captains. I can't really judge DCEU because I haven't seen SS and am not planning to, but the way I see it, the Snyder movies got the exact amount of creative freedom I'd like to see in such films which is why we've got what we've got.
>>
>>91140907
>implying the CGI one isn't legit
>implying the Dr Strange one isn't legit
>implying the Tony ones isn't legit
>>
File: 1446849784958.jpg (28KB, 267x273px) Image search: [Google]
1446849784958.jpg
28KB, 267x273px
>>91141088
>Guardians and the Cap movies (especially TWS)

>terribly plotted, boringly scripted, poorly directed, awfully staged, soullessly acted, focus-tested-to-death
>>
File: Snyder Does It Again.webm (3MB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Does It Again.webm
3MB, 1280x684px
>>91139399
If you're talking about the ferry, you're objectively wrong. In the same fucking trailer we see Tony take back the suit, then in the homemade one, Peter goes off to fight Vulture. THATs the big set piece.

>Honestly, I'm a much bigger MCU fan but the JL trailer was way better. It actually looked hype as fuck
Top laugh friend. I'm fully expecting this to be the worst DCEU movie yet.
>>
>>91141360
Is Gal Gadot just incapable of making any other face?
>>
File: lantern.png (281KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
lantern.png
281KB, 300x362px
>>91141360
>Zionism Woman with the charisma of a plank of wood and always the only "I'M ACTING" face
>Cyborg is literally Green Lantern all over again
>Aquaman is the only fun-looking character of the bunch but he has a costume that blends with the damn wall

I don't know what to think

The thing is, with BvS we very clearly learned that trailers can be misleading. So hell, what do i know, maybe this boring shit is hiding a decent movie, somewhere
>>
File: Tony did it I'm saved.jpg (83KB, 510x722px) Image search: [Google]
Tony did it I'm saved.jpg
83KB, 510x722px
>>91139399
>Oh shit, the all changing moment in comics, where Spider-Man summons up every ounce of strength to finally- Oh wait Iron Man just pushes it back together then Spidey whines that he's nothing without the suit Tony made him.
>>
File: wwface.png (741KB, 657x663px) Image search: [Google]
wwface.png
741KB, 657x663px
>>91141473
I can't stand her, holy moly
>>
>>91139399
My guess has been it isnt the big set piece, it will seem like his big moment at first then the resulting failure we saw and later on he may do something inpressive. Or the movie was trying to just say "he isnt strong enough for his own big save yet" and will have no impressive feat until the next movie.
>>
>>91141623
>Spiderman has to learn about responsibility

How awful
>>
>>91139528
Sort of. It's more about how characters get from Situation A to Be to Z. But they showed too much.

Whereas GotG2 trailer has given little away.
>>
>>91140500
>SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

The fucking joke of "Spoillleeerss!" wasn't even a thing until like, 15 years ago. Seriously, do modern generations really think this is a problem or that it's even isolated to them? Are they really that egotistical or unaware of things that happened before their time?
>>
>>91141659
>>Spider-Man has to learn about responsibility
More like
>Spider-Man needs help from Iron Man to do a feat of strength similar to a huge famous one from the comics
>>
>>91140807
Also Gunn has a meticulous aesthetic sense.

Many directors don't, sadly.
>>
>>91141623
>think he could possibly hold two halves of a ferry together from sinking

Spider-Man is really strong, but that's impossible. Especially for a live-action version.
>>
>>91141623
for a Peter that's been Spidey for less than a year I think having a mentor is fine. He's still learning, and it looks like he'll get taught good by Vulture in this one
>>
>>91140807
Marvel is making with sony budget.
>>
>>91141639

What expression is this?
>>
>>91141706
How do you know there's not gonna be another scene where he pulls it off alone near the end, how do you know it's not just a set up? You're projecting that famous scene to a random one from a movie you haven't seen yet
>>
>>91141623
> Says he is nothing without the suit Tony made him. Pay attention to what Tony says in response to that, anon.

That's the point of his arc; he succeeds WITHOUT Tony's suit, thus truly becoming Spiderman.
>>
Why doesn't Sony just continue the Raimi series? That's the only one that was actually any good.
>>
File: Spider-Man-plane-fight.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-plane-fight.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>91141646
>later on he may do something inpressive
like with a plane or something
>>
>>91139399
more people will go to watch a movie that has been completely spoiled because they are more willing to spend money to see something they already know will be tolerable to something that COULD be good but is a risk

blame human psychology
>>
>>91141785
I'm a model so I've been trained to make this same sexy stare that is easily touched up in photoshop.
>>
>>91141865
I don't see how that would help anything without Raimi and the whole bunch back
>>
>>91141908
Last I checked, Raimi and Toby aren't dead.
>>
>>91141893
That's a big plane
>>
>>91141964
Last i checked Raimi has an integrity that made him abandon the series in the first place
>>
I just want the sinister six goddammit
>>
>>91141639
>>91141785

>its the various faces she makes when she sees you peepee
>>
>>91141985
Apparently not enough to keep him from doing Oz the Great and Powerful.
>>
>>91140109
>acknowledge they were great after they come out

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>91142024
That movie was very Raimi-esque, what are you talking about? He's not too high for corporate movies, it's more about the liberties he can take. Sony wasn't allowing him to do his thing with SM3, not only they forced him to do Venom, they didn't even have the budget to do it properly (hence why the symbiote literally just drops in the movie with a meteorite). So he was disheartened and didn't feel like proceeding with a 4th movie

Obviously Disney made him happy enough for Oz
>>
>Wanting to watch Baby's First Spider-Man

Pretty lame.
>>
>>91142192
>Not wanting to watch the next best MCU movie yet

pretty fucking stupid
>>
>>91141360
The big set piece of the movie isn't the climax MCU shill. What was the big set piece for Iron Man 3? The house attack. The climax? The final battle with Killian.
>>
>>91140907
>>
>>91139399
>What went fucking wrong?
they turned Peter into Miles.
>>
>>91142433
It would have been alright if he had been Miles. Miles gets shit done with his cool venom blast.
>>
File: 1483486655998.png (141KB, 376x325px) Image search: [Google]
1483486655998.png
141KB, 376x325px
>>91142433
But Miles is just black Peter
>>
>>91142185
I'm sure he'd be willing to continue it if Sony gave him more creative freedom. Surely they can see that they have nothing without him.
>>
>>91142226
You don't seem to understand, but the MCU is actually good. This movie is literally a fucking turd, how can it be the best?
>>
>>91139399
nothing. looks great.
>>
>>91139399

everything. looks awful
>>
>>91139399
You see them showing you how they completed the big set piece.
I see the fact that they tease that what we thought was the big set piece was only the second act and that there is a whole extra section where he goes back to his roots and proves he is Spider-Man without the Starktech suit.

It means there is actually a big set piece AFTER the big set piece.
>>
>>91139399
Nothing

Everything
>>
>>91139399
>>Spoils Iron Man showing up there
Yeah, keeping the guy they're using to put asses in seats secret was clearly the way to go.
>>
File: IMG_5438.jpg (126KB, 1023x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5438.jpg
126KB, 1023x540px
>>91141623
DELETE THIS!
>>
Why the fuck did he cannonball into someone's pool?

He sure as fuck wasn't invited. What a fucking faggot. Is he a neanderthal? Cringiest shit I ever did see.
>>
>>91142478
No he's fucking not stop regurgitating everything you read on this shit board

Peter Parker is intelligent, funny, and has no friends.
MCU Pete is intelligent, but not funny, has his own version of Ganke, and acts like a fanboy.
And Midtown is a private school now, you know who else goes to a private school? Miles.
>>
>>91142467
I rather have boring ass Miles be the MCU Spider-Man they already stole so many elements from him.

Instead we have "Peter Parker".
>>
File: get your shit together.png (214KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
get your shit together.png
214KB, 500x500px
>Literally remake Spidermans 2 train scene again with a very slight distinction
>>
File: C7R4cZWVAAER2G2.jpg (99KB, 1200x762px) Image search: [Google]
C7R4cZWVAAER2G2.jpg
99KB, 1200x762px
>>91139399
>Spoils how shitty the CG will look
>Imageworks, the guys who did the SM3 Sandman scene
>BAD CG

Are you retarded?
>>
>>91142731
>No Big Pussy this time

or was it the guy who played Ray's brother
>>
>>91141754
Part of the appeal of the character is that he is learning on his own and breaking his face on his own. Having a mentor that can literally craft a suit of armor for him that makes him better is character assassination, it's like having a scene where Batman fucking murders a bad guy with a machine gun in a car chase.
>>
>>91142731
And every Superman story has him saving a crashing plane. Who cares?
>>
>>91142741
>a good company studio can't phone it in and make shit.

Homecoming's CG looks nasty.
>>
>>91142789
Please don't attempt to make claims of fact when you have no knowledge of the subject matter.
>>
File: 1490453585888.jpg (656KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490453585888.jpg
656KB, 711x1080px
>>91142785
Where are you reading that Tony's suit makes him better? The trailer is going for the exact opposite point
>>
>>91142797
Nigga Imageworks makes the best CGI in the entire film industry. When a movie is shit, it's not their fault because they have a bunch of people who put in WAY too much effort in the special effects.

Remember Pixels? Nobody could talk shit about the CGI because that wasn't the problem with the movie as a whole, it was probably one of the only good things about it. If Homecoming is shit, it won't be the CGI that's the cause of that.
>>
>>91142789
With no survivors?
>>
>>91142685
None of the live action Spideys have been funny.
>>
>>91142835
>I'm nothing without the suit.
He literally says it. He's useless without the gimp suit Tony made him.
>>
>>91142883
Character development. Ever heard of it?
>>
>>91142731
they did in TASM2 with a bus.
>>
>>91142883
And literally in the next seconds we see him fighting with a home made suit, clearly showing that his arc will be to prove to himself (and all the people who've been whining about Uncle Tony since CW) that he can be Spider-Man by himself.

For all the whining about the plot being spoiled, it's amazing how many people miss that.
>>
>>91142830
Superman saving a plane/flying object is a very classic situation, also because it's a perfect exposition of his abilities

Everyone pays homage to that. I dunno if Donner came up with it, but Returns does it, BvS does it, CW's Supergirl does it... even Raimi's own scene is arguably just an homage to Spiderman's strength and willpower showcased in the comics when he lifts Ock's machinery, why can't the MCU pay homage again?
>>
>>91142984
>Man of steel.
>>
>>91141785
>mfw I drop white phosphorus on palestinian children
>>
>>91142876
Garfield was close.
>>
File: supermanplane1941-2.jpg (36KB, 594x335px) Image search: [Google]
supermanplane1941-2.jpg
36KB, 594x335px
>>91142984
What am i saying, of course Donner didn't come up with it, he was homaging too
>>
>>91143076
Fuck no. Whoever wrote Webb's script was the least far (still not close), Garflied's delivery hindered the resut.
>>
>>91142984
And that is just the first time he does it and he fails. So there will be a moment later in the film where he does pass the test the we've not seen.
>>
>>91143118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6nxu8cNIA

And there was some good stuff during his fight with Electro in TASM2.
Not defending Garfield's delivery though, it could've been better.
>>
>>91143175
The airplane.
>>
>>91139399
So at worst it spoiled the 1st act meanwhile that bvs trailer spoiled the 3rd act and the entire point of the movie
>>
>>91143299
Let's be fair here. The trailer for "Spider-Man: Homecoming" laid out the entire plot structure. Combine it with the leaks we've had and we can pretty much map out at least 90% of the movie.
>>
>>91143292
But that isn't its just his second fight with Vulture as he's back in his homebrew suit. Nowhere near the climax of the film.
>>
>>91143273
I knew it was going to be that scene. It's kinda awful, half of it sounds like improv from someone who's not used to being funny.
>>
>>91143333
So pretty much almost every film that comes out nowadays.
>>
>>91143333
Just like the bvs trailer
>>
>>91143385
It's the climax. We already know this.
>>
>>91143505
How?
>>
>>91143404
Again, I'm not defending Garfield's delivery, but there's nothing wrong with the actual dialogue.
>>
>>91139399
How do you know that's the big set piece, and not just one action scene?

Given that Iron Man shows up it's very clearly not the big show stopper.

And spoil the cgi? First, that doesn't mean anything, second cgi is routinely unfinished in trailers.
>>
>>91143460
Indeed. I'm not saying BvS didn't do it either. They're both at fault for this.

Though BvS's was a little worse for spoiling a secret character.
>>
>>91142467
Shut up Bendis.
>>
>>91139706
>>91139781
Filming in New York or California costs, there's a reason why you're seeing alot of films being done in other states like Georgia, CW for example.
>>
>>91143522
There's been reports about it. Plus it's obvious to anyone with a basic notion of storytelling. I'd go so far as to say that based on what has been released about the Vulture so far, you can figure out the two obvious directions in which he might go in the end.
>>
>>91139528
>sitting through buildup when you already know the resolution
impossible to enjoy it
>>
>>91139609
>At least we know what the stakes and villains are
The movies supposed to set that up not the trailer, c'mon now.
>>
I used to think this was all just /tv/ mememing, but I was in an art stream last night from a guy who I've known as a DC fag for like seven years now.

Somebody brought up this new trailer, and this guy was just so incredibly bitter and salty I couldn't believe it.
>>
>>91143606
>costs
>for MARVEL

Marvel-fags are out on full force today,
not even a DC-fag either.
Just admit that Marvel/Sony will never make great films again like Spider-Man 2 or Iron Man.
>>
>>91143528
I feel like most people could come up with something better.
>>
>>91143611
It's an action movie. You already know how it ends. The good guys win.
>>
>>91143611
Yep I already know how Jaws is going to end. Impossible to enjoy the whole climatic fight more than once. Fuck off.
>>
>>91143660
You think movie studios don't want to cut costs at any opportunity.

lrn2business
>>
>>91143611
According to (((research))), people enjoy movies more once they've been spoiled
https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/spoiler-alert-spoilers-make-you-enjoy-stories-more
>>
>>91143660
Well anon, I'm a DChad, but yeah, I'm in agreement that Marvel could afford to do it, but studio is ran by penny pinching jews.
>>
>>91143722
Yea because they know they won't be going into something that's shit. Reason I can't watch anything from DC yet.
>>
>>91143767
That's not actually the reasoning of the researcher.
Nice gratuiotous companywar faggotry btw.
>>
>>91143606
>Filming in New York or California costs, there's a reason why you're seeing alot of films being done in other states like Georgia, CW for example.
Gotham is a TV show on Fox and the whole thing is shot in New York City, Marvel/Disney could afford it.
>>
>>91143676
Come up with something better then. Right now.
>>
>>91143912
All of the Netflix shows are filmed in NY because Marvel TV has a deal with the city.
Maybe it's another Ike vs Feige thing?
>>
File: JUST league.png (302KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
JUST league.png
302KB, 621x621px
>>91139609
>there isn't a bias at all! I swear
>>
>>91143944
Nope. Go fuck yourself for being this predictable.
>>
>>91139399

>not realizing this is like the end of act 1

This is a troll thread right?
>>
>>91141677
>t. retard

https://youtu.be/N_jGOKYHxaQ
https://youtu.be/96v4XraJEPI
What big reveals are in those trailers? Remember that this is before the era where you could endlessly analyze the trailers.
>>
>>91139609
>>91143971
>both comment sections call the authors out for their dumbshit
feels good.
>>
File: played-yourself-khaled.gif (2MB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
played-yourself-khaled.gif
2MB, 444x444px
>>91143983
>>
>>91143971
Of course there's bias now, after not one, not two, but THREE controversially crappy movies (to whatever extent) saying "the DCEU is doing something wrong!" has become "official" and perfect clickbait, and fanboys like you loading the page only to complain in the comments section are playing right into their plan
>>
>>91144004
Act 2. Come on now.
>>
>>91144004

I assume he's talking about the plane scene too which looks like the big ending set piece.
>>
>>91144310
>big ending set piece

I don't see any reason to believe that either.
>>
>>91144354
How about common sense?
>>
File: DShitty.png (70KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
DShitty.png
70KB, 500x426px
>>91143971
>MUH BIAS
face it DC is shit always has been shit and always will be until WB finally shuts them down for losing them too much money
>>
>Spider-Man Homecoming thread
>no one is hyped
>Marvel shills quickly start talking about the DCEU
Like clockwork.
>>
>>91143944
>A knife? What do I look like, some simpering Jew?

Directed by you guessed it.
>>
>>91144446
>no caps or punctuation
IlliterateAnon, is that you?
>>
>>91144257
>defending Polygon
really?
>>
>>91144456
>People post random "i'm hyped!" posts
>"Ugh, damn mouseketeers, always happy with mediocrity"

>People actually discuss things or try dismiss nonsensical complaints
>"See, nobody likes this shit! It's over for Marvel!"
>>
>>91139399
Likely a lot of in fighting between Sony and Marvel.

>We want it this way!

>Yeah?!? Well we want it this way!

Then there's that theory circulating about how Venom could be tied to the Raimiverse.

If that is the case, Sony might be purposefully trying to sink this movie to ruin the MCU, then shill Spider-Man 4 to oblivion.
>>
File: tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif (2MB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif
2MB, 494x494px
>>91144456
>no one is hyped
>trailer has almost as many views as Just Losers after only 2 days
>>
>>91144590
>Then there's that theory circulating about how Venom could be tied to the Raimiverse.

There is no such rumor. Stop this.
>>
>>91142265
Or the airplane rescue.

Movies can have two big scenes now, Anon.

I think the problem is we've all been watching origin stories so long we don't expect any other story structure.
>>
>>91144575
>mouseketeers, always happy with mediocrity
Yep.
>People actually discuss things
I saw the pasta too.

>>91144609
Well, duh. When the trailer tells the whole movie, why not watching it and save the ticket money?
>>
>>91144571
Is that Polygon? I don't recognize the font

But no, i'm not defending them, i'm saying it's silly to accuse publications or people of MCUl bias when criticizing the DCEU is simply the mainstream thing to do as it is. The articles aren't fair, but they're just a reflection of the current atmosphere, you didn't see the same happening against Nolan's trilogy, nor you see it happening currently against non-MCU critical darlings like Deadpool or Logan, this is at the end of the day just about Snyder & co. and their fuckups
>>
>>91144571
>defending DC and their shit
seriously?
>>
>>91144677
>being a cuck
c'mon now...
>>
>>91142835
>didn't change the date to 9.11.2001

What is the fucking point?
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 812x823px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 812x823px
>>91144640
>http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3428543/life-prequel-sonys-spider-man-spinoff-venom/
>>
>>91144703
it wasn't though
>>
>>91144703
It's just stock footage. Which isn't even in the final movie. In fact there's no such situation where it could even occur.
>>
>>91144703
You know "Life" has already come out and that has been debunked, right?
>>
A movie that was put to filming in less than a year solely to be a Spider-Man film in the MCU? Gee, you tell me!
>>
>>91144703
That's not the theory. The theory is that since the writer/directors of Life wrote a previous treatment for a proposed Venom movie, that Life, a film concerning hostile alien goop, made by them, using stock footage from Spider-Man 3, that Life might be a prequel to a Sony's future R-rated Venom film.
>>
>>91144834
It's shit!
>>
>>91139399
Modern movie advertisements are not about persuading you to see the movie, they are about persuading you to see the movie in the cinema, as opposed to months later on a laptop on a rainy evening.
>>
>>91144834
but they're all filmed in less than a year
>>
>>91144975
They're planned pretty far ahead. Spider-Man wasn't.
>>
>>91139399
First time I'm worried about an MCU movie, not even memeeing
>>
>>91145611
Kinda same here

I'm not disliking what I'm seeing, but it's fucking Spiderman, I've already been disappointed twice with the TASM movies and i don't want it to happen again
>>
>>91139399
>spoils an early scene
>spoils Iron Man showing up at the end of act 1
>implying the CG looks worse than any other capeflick

It's pretty obvious that almost everything in the trailer happens early in the movie. Iron Man taking his suit away is definitely the conflict that kicks off act 2.
>>
>>91143971
>watercutter
Getting real tired of these pole nigger diversity hires shitting up my websites.
>>
>>91145693
But that's wrong.
>>
I have no doubt the movie will be a critical and financial success. Marvel has this down to a science.

Whether or not it will actually be a good movie however remains to be seen. I haven't enjoyed Marvel movies for a while now.
>>
>>91139609
>Complain about BvS revealing Doomsday in its trailers
>Revealing the entirety of the plot of Spiderman is somehow okay
/Co/ntrarians everywhere
>>
File: ub.jpg (67KB, 718x697px) Image search: [Google]
ub.jpg
67KB, 718x697px
>>91143971
f*ck the dceu!!
>>
>>91147902
Wait, what?
>>
>>>>>>>>/out/
>>>>>>>>/tv/
>>
File: spideyhottoys0001.jpg (186KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spideyhottoys0001.jpg
186KB, 800x1200px
>When you only have 40 bucks and some spare clothes to make a Spidey costume for halloween
>>
>>91142984
I feel like there's a difference between exposition and major plot events but hey whatever.
>>
File: lel.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>91147902
AHAHAHAHA Fuck
>>
>>91148657
I'd prefer if he was just wearing this to start with, and then ditch the thick goggles, learn to use his new senses, not work against them.
>>
>>91139399
Marketing went wrong.
And who even cares? It's just capeshit, nobody watches this crap for plot, well written characters, cinematography or anything that makes a good movie. Audiences are just there for the spectacle, the "wow" scenes.
>>
>people literally defending Sony garbage

I didn't realize Disney payed their interns to shill for another company also.
>>
>>91150722
MCU is MCU!
>>
>>91139528
>People started caring way too much about "spoilers".

If the entire film is basically spelled out in a trailer, what is the point of spending money to watch it when you already know what will happen?
>>
>>91143692
>comparing Jaws to a run of the mill action flick
>>
>>91144654
>Or the airplane rescue.
That scene was the best.
>>
>>91147902

what does this mean
>>
>>91142265

how was the final battle not a big set piece?
>>
>>91139399
the mcu is wearing on me, it started with Age of Ultron
the trailers made it seem like it was going to surpass avengers 1 and have ultron be an actually interesting villain, but he ended up being a joke machine and so did everyone else
this one looks like more of the same, spider man looks like action figure cardback art in these trailers. like some early 2000s CG where the textures and lighting are just way off from the other artificial scene they made with CG. and the villain is, once again, angry businessman who acquires an advanced suit.
i do really like iron man 1, avengers 1, parts of the later movies (like the vision and scarlet witch) but their lack of creativity is showing
>>
>>91153174
Look at it this way, this was always gonna happen to SOME franchise and it happened to ours. It'll run its course in the next twenty years or so and we will probably get a few good movies and a handful of ok movies with cool scenes.

We were never gonna win the super bowl anon but we can win a few games.
>>
>we will never get another Spider-Man movie with as much charm and realism as the Raimi's films
I fucking hate modern Marvel
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1280x800px
>>91141659
What's up with this slowing down, backwards mentality regarding Spider-Man and responsibility? It's the same shit Sony tried to pull off with those ASM movies.

If Peter hadn't learned about responsibility he would never have become Spider-Man. The whole reason why Spider-Man exists is because Peter learned about responsibility the hard way with Ben's death.

Why are studios trying so fucking hard to undo a given part of his character development? It's not even a big deal. There are tons of things Peter learns AFTER becoming Spidey, but responsibility is not one of them. That one is a given. It's what made him become Spider-Man in the firsf place.
>>
>>91155274
Both Garfield's Peter and Holland's Peter become Spider-Man because of their responsabilities. But they're young and screw up and then learn from these screw up and that's what earns them the name.
>>
>>91155345
>But they're young and screw up and then learn from these screw up and that's what earns them the name.

That is totally fine. That's how Spidey is. But Garfield's Spider-Man/Peter was outright irresponsible even after Ben's death. The ending of the movie is literally him throwing in the garbage can his whole character development.

I don't know where this "irresponsible Spider-Man" trend is coming from. I think studios are thinking teenagers will relate to the character more if he is still learning about something that he should already know since the beginning.
>>
>>91139528
Do you get paid by the hour?
>>
>>91148657
>leaving fingerprints all over the place

See, little things like that are a problem with the MCU. They just don't give a fuck about anything smart. They use two neurons to come up with something and then never look back at it.
>>
>>91139399

Just watched the trailer. It literally spoils the whole movie in a mere 2 minutes. Why even pay the 20 bucks to go see it on opening day? For 159 minutes of quips?
>>
>>91140840
>because the MCU seems to have found a happy medium between executive mandated formulas and artistic quality

Man you shills have no dignity
>>
>>91144703
Back when movies were allowed to have color.
>>
>>91155511
His fingerprints would have to be on-file for them to figure out his identity. So unless MCU Peter is already a criminal, him leaving finger prints on the side of buildings is pretty much inconsequential.
>>
>>91155566
Someone on YouTube pointed out that it even spoils the vulture's death on the turbine, but I think he was wrong. Something falls on the turbine but in the same shot the vulture is still standing in front of it. We'll have to see.
>>
>>91155728
...uhhh you don't need to be a criminal for your fingerprints to be on file.
>>
>>91155728
You're thinking of DNA. The government has your fingerprints, son.
>>
>>91155728
Wew lad
>>
>>91141623
Hurry someone call Ditko and tell him.
>>
File: Raimididitbetter.jpg (94KB, 338x594px) Image search: [Google]
Raimididitbetter.jpg
94KB, 338x594px
>>91148657
See I get that by making the home costume shitty it shows how they're starting off.

But fuck it, I hate this trend.

Just have Peter make a cool, somewhat accurate Spidey costume. Have some fantasy in a fantasy movie, I bet you the audience will enjoy the film a lot more.

Not saying Tony's Spider-Suit is bad, but this one is ugly as hell, even for the 'he made it in his bedroom' trend.
>>
>trailers spoiling the whole movie
This is the worst, especially when it's a horror movie. Life had a vague trailer at first, but then they made another trailer that spoils half the deaths. It even fucking shows the alien wins and makes it to Earth.
>>
>>91148657

I fucking hate everything about this and pandering to that stupid fucking neckbeard fan idea of Peter having a shitty homemade suit.
>>
>>91156384

Cosplayers with no money in real life do better with sewing their own suits and patterns from thrift stores, Peter's a fucking genius and isn't as dirt poor in the comics as adaptations try to make him out to be. I don't fucking get it. He can make web-shooters but not a costume?
>>
>>91156480
Exactly.

Also, why does it have to look so fucking bad? Again, it's a fantasy movie, why do they always make the best parts of these movies 'grounded and real'?
>>
File: Cosplay.jpg (81KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay.jpg
81KB, 640x960px
>>91156534
Forgot pic.
>>
>>91156480
Does he really need something fancy? Wouldn't something that does a good job of hiding his identity work just fine?

Just because it's 'fantasy' doesn't mean you can't be practical.
>>
>>91156570

Because he's a fucking 15 year old nerd that read Captain America comic books and that's what he fucking looks like in the source material. Changing shit for the sake of changing it without thinking for two seconds about how it makes the character look is the problem.

>Practical

There's nothing practical about any superhero movie costume regardless of how you stylize it to look less "silly."

If the costume was fucking practical he wouldn't have exposed fingers.
>>
>>91156570
Sure, and I get that, but this is Spider-Man.

Have some fun with the costume. You're working with one of the best designs in comics, why ruin it with practicality?
>>
Why are people acting as if Sony spoiling the entire plot in the trailers is anything new?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWsLc3j1AWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Kka0ozjbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlM2CWNTQ84
>>
>We want to make a Miles movie but it has to star Peter
muh wypepo
>>
>>91156570
>>91156637

Furthermore this kind of bullshit isn't needed in superhero movies. If you want "fantasy" and "practical" (barely) then go play Metal Gear Solid or something. You can't talk about something being too fantastic when it's in the same movie universe as Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Thor, and hell, fucking Iron Man who's in the same movie.

He's got super strength, speed, and agility, why would he need something super practical? Spider-Man himself is tougher than most armors or padding he could find lying around.

His homemade costume is far from practical. A skintight suit is a lot better than baggy clothes that could get yanked or grabbed, especially his hoodie.

If they were gonna go that route of Iron Man giving him a suit that's actually better than his, it should have been the Iron Spider or something like that. Not for "muh comics accuracy", but because Spider-Man isn't dumb and could make a suit like he has in the comics. It doesn't need to conform to his body with a button press, just fit. Iron Man giving him a suit that's much more durable and can turn invisible would give the audience an actual reason as to why he "needs" the suit.

They think they're being clever but it's just stupid and change for the sake of change. That's the real problem with this. It's the same kind of stupid bullshit as Man of Steel and the Donner movies having Superman decide to go superhero full time just because Jor-El's fucking hologram tells him to instead of the people that raised him. They think it makes it deeper without wondering if it actually changes the context or implications about the character. The sad part is, comic books aren't even deep or hard to understand to begin with and they still fuck that up.

I knew Marvel getting Spider-Man would be some monkey's paw wish. The movie looks decent at best. Nobody cares about who's playing Peter Parker's principal or teachers, nobody cares about him being trained by Iron Man, just give us Spider-Man.
>>
>>91156952

This "realism" shit is so tiring by now. It's been done to DEATH. I'm not saying you can't make a suit a little different or sleek looking by putting a nice pattern over it or something. Spider-Man's not-homemade suit in the movie looks fucking great.

But we've seen this before. Every single superhero movie or tv show now needs to waste time on the hero having a prototype suit. It's not clever or original anymore.
>>
>>91156952
>>91157007
To add to this: the audience isn't fucking stupid.

If you give them a skintight spider-suit AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FILM the audience is going to enjoy it.

I hate to reference ASM2, but was anybody wondering where Peter got his new costume when that film started? Who gives a fuck. Like >>91156952
said, just give us Spider-Man.
>>
>>91157007
Also the realism is so awkwardly placed too.

I'd rather have a gag of Peter trying to change into his suit or complaining that his suit is uncomfortable or makes him feel exposed, then have the "realism" be an ugly looking costume that we see do all this cool, fun Spider-Man action in.
>>
File: sumbody.png (807KB, 1280x935px) Image search: [Google]
sumbody.png
807KB, 1280x935px
>>91157039
>>91157007
>>91156952
Going to go on a tangent and say that there's a high chance he's get a more 'traditional' suit at the end of the film anyways.
>>
>>91157039
>>91157085

Believe me, I WISH I wasn't fucking autistic. I wish this shit didn't legitimately bother me to the point where I just wrote three giant posts about it.

I'll probably go watch the movie and still enjoy it. But goddamn it's so irritating to hear people say that they're going to do Spider-Man "right" and then they do this shit. This is the third Spider-Man movie series where they've fucked up. Marvel can't even get fucking Thor right.

I'm not even mad at >>91156570 you Anon, believe me, but fuck that line of thinking and everyone in Hollywood that has it.

Don't make a superhero movie if you're ashamed of superheroes. Go steal your ideas from some other comic or book because you're too lazy to make a movie about something original instead of taking a great story and changing shit to feel smarter. Superheroes were getting along fine before all this realism bullshit became a fad.
>>
>>91157177
>Don't make a superhero movie if you're ashamed of superheroes. Go steal your ideas from some other comic or book because you're too lazy to make a movie about something original instead of taking a great story and changing shit to feel smarter. Superheroes were getting along fine before all this realism bullshit became a fad.
Agreed.
>>
>>91139399

>muh spoilers

If you mouth breathers would stop jacking off to basic plot points maybe you could appreciate the characters and imagery a bit more.
>>
File: 1372213216329.jpg (56KB, 845x771px) Image search: [Google]
1372213216329.jpg
56KB, 845x771px
>>91147902
I...what?
>>
>>91156737
Because you would think The Mouse would kick Sony's shit in.
>>
>>91139399
happens at the very start of the film
>>
>>91140907
Putting them on a bingo meme doesn't make them invalid criticisms
>>
>>91143611
> the climax of the movie is the boat scene and not the Vulture fight even though thr spoilers show its just the setup to the actual dilemma

Special kinda stupid
>>
>>91140109
Is this new pasta because I'm loving it
>>
>>91143971
Do people get paid to spout common sense? Where do I sign up?
>>
>>91140109
Best post in this thread.
>>
>>91158483
you're calling that common sense?
>>
File: 1490856791734.png (30KB, 860x371px) Image search: [Google]
1490856791734.png
30KB, 860x371px
>>91139609
>Our heroes dutifully beat up the aliens while quipping to each other about this and that, but there never seems to be anything actually at stake.
>>
>>91156384
>it shows how they're starting off.
>>
>>91139399
I thought that was a screen shot of spiderman ps4 and that I was on >>>/v/
>>
>>91158724
And it was cute in Civil War.

Time to move on.
>>
>>91158530
Everyone knows it so it's common sense
>>
>>91158789
No
>>
>>91140847
>I've always felt like if Snyder were to just get the fuck over himself and quit trying to be pretentious, and just make a fun, action-packed movie, it might just be good
He made Sucker Punch and we know how that turned out.
>>
File: debut.jpg (228KB, 1207x1734px) Image search: [Google]
debut.jpg
228KB, 1207x1734px
>>91158879
I mean by all means, if you enjoy
>>91148657
Over
>>91156384
>>91156547
>>91156711
That's fine. You have shit taste, but its fine.

I forget though, maybe you can help me, how long did peter use his shitty cut hoodie sweatpants goggles over a ski mask costume again?
>>
>>91139399
Trailers that are full of spoilers only happen because dumbass capefans keep buying into hype.

Hell, Logan's trailers gave away Xavier having a seizure and killing all the x-men, which I thought would have been a jaw dropping thing if i experienced it fresh in theaters.
>>
>>91142500
>Surely they can see that they have nothing without him.

They literally have marvel doing most of teh work for them.

Too bad they will mess it up by making non MCU canon movies like Venom and Black Cat/Silver Sable movies
>>
>>91159256
Long enough in his origins comic as per this is his origins movie
>>
>>91159256
I don't understand why do you get so buttblasted about temporary costumes that serve a plot or a theme, especially considering how we already know the "real" costume looks great

Are you the same people saying IM3 is shit because Tony does things without the suit?
>>
>>91143944

>At least you are not compensating something with that little knife
>>
>>91142685

Miles is just niggerspicBendis who cant stop talking
>>
>>91142648

Its probably Flash's pool party and he is probably jealous that he was never gonna get invited
>>
>>91159529
Miles is the Superior Spiderman with a better story
>>
>>91139399
>shitty the CG
As if that's any surprise. Marvel really cheaps out on the CGI but they do it because they know they can get away with it.
>>
>>91147902

I wonder what the comments section said
>>
>>91141785
[visible confusion]
>>
>>91155480

No thats your mom
>>
>>91159565
It's the engaging story that distracts from it
>>
>>91156480

building tech and making costumes are two different skill sets. Also the costumes cosplayers make are with aesthetics in mind not practicality
>>
>>91159548

>Milesfags actually believe this
>>
>spiderman's trailer is a piece of shit no one likes
>ctrl f "DC" 31 results
>ctrl "BvS" 9 results
Figures. JL trailer was better, better start dealing with it friends
>>
>>91159767

Arguing about the trailers feels pointless to me. lot of people had complained about many MCU trailers while loving DCEU trailers.

In the end we usually get a mediocre MCU movie and a shitty DCEU movie
>>
>>91159767
The box office will decide that
>>
>>91159909

How does this math work exactly.
>>
>>91159949
Yes, I agree that Suicide Squad was better than Doctor Strange
>>
>>91158629
That's a nice description of like 80% marvel movies
>>
>>91158629
nice double standard hombre.
>>
>>91159122
I don't think Sucker Punch was supposed to be a fun action flick, I think Snyder's head was reeeeally far up his ass on this one
>>
>>91159962

like gauge symmetry
>>
>>91156547
>Pete struggles to make a decent looking Spidey suit out of a hoodie.
>Meanwhile Stark is making megabucks off licensing Spider-man zentai suits.
>Pete ends up looking worse than his own cosplayers in the MCU.
>>
>>91147902
Wait, I'm not understanding this because I'm not a native speaker? the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>91156570
For fucks sake you shills aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>91156570
>practical
I want this meme to end. If I wanted to see something practical I wouldn't see a superhero movie.
>>
File: 1467490656182.jpg (5KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1467490656182.jpg
5KB, 251x241px
>>91159675
>engaging story
>>
>>91143404
You act as if Pete is supposed to be actually funny.
>>
>>91141659
Getting rescued doesn't teach anybody responsibility ever.
>>
>>91159513
Nope, Spider-Man's arc just isn't dependant on his costume.

It makes sense for Tony cause all of his powers could be argued come from the suit.

Spidey gets nothing from his suit outside anonimity. Having his personal arc tied to the suit is silly.

But just take a step back. Look at the costume you're defending over the ones you could have.
>>
>>91148657
>The toy looks better than the suit in the movie

Really makes you think
>>
>>91160937
I really like the homemade costume, i am looking at it just fine. If it was the definitive Spidey costume it would've been a problem, but it isn't and the actual costume looks great

Quit being so fucking dramatic

>Spider-man's arc isn't dependant on his costume
Of course it isn't, but the cheap costume still has a point
>>
>>91159307
>Logan's trailers gave away Xavier having a seizure and killing all the x-men
...What
>>
>>91159548
>with a better story
He needs to have a story first. 90% of his shit is just one shotting dudes with his Venom Blast and then telling people about in his dorm room.
>>
>>91161882
full of shitty black accents along with plain blue(no texture) with stupid nonsense lines that don't support theming or serve any purpose significantly visual. Sure man it looks good.

I'll admit, I enjoy the moving eye shields that increase the emoting during masked scenes like they would do in comics.
>>
>>91144834
...and?

X-Men First Class was made super fast, too. So fast that they were editing scenes hours after filming them.

And that turned out great.
>>
File: 1422245183965.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422245183965.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>people in this thread actually think they should have 15-year-old Peter, living in a crappy apartment with a single guardian, swinging around in a professionally-made superhero costume to start with
>>
>>91165538
Hello mouse shill
>>
>>91139706
Implying DC doesnt cut corners like this either. 90% of Justice League looked like a greenscreen studio or just CGI trash
>>
>>91165575
I get that you're really eager to call people "shills" since you first learned about the word, but you can't let your excitement get in the way of actually reading the post you want to reply to.
>>
File: 1360615844808.jpg (24KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1360615844808.jpg
24KB, 317x265px
>>91155511
Not knowing how his powers work

Fucking DCUfags, I swear
double wew
>>
How come the Daily Bugle never gets much use outside of comics anymore? Is it because newspapers are dying? Why not just update them to being a more contemporary news organization?
>>
So what does the suit do? Just allows him to tone down his spider sense? Jesus
>>
>>91139399
Is this image referencing both Spider-Man 2 and Metal Gear Rising?
>>
>>91166245
...what should it do?
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2175x3075px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2175x3075px
>>91165538
I wonder where they got that crazy idea from.

Definitely not from the very first issue of the comic.
>>
File: 1413651566384.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1413651566384.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>>91167061
>it's not exactly like the first issue, it sucks!
>>
>>91167061
Raimi, Ultimate SM, Ben Reilly, Spidergirl...

Going through a roughly made improvised costume has been almost a standard for decades for Spider-people

But noo, i guess we should base everything on the '60s comic that had to cram as much narrative in as less panels possible otherwise it's an outrageous betrayal of the source material

Come on dude, you're being disingenuous
>>
File: derp.png (368KB, 638x265px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
368KB, 638x265px
>>91157085
>I'd rather have a gag of Peter trying to change into his suit
...you mean like the one in the first few seconds of the trailer?
>>
>>91167356
I'm not saying he has to get his powers and look like spider-man, I'm saying using the improvised costume beyond its shelf-life is silly.

Those videos in Civil War were fine, in fact I would have been up for his improvised costume in civil war, but we're too far in to still be using it. Especially as a plot point.

I'm all for going away from the source material, it just baffles me why everybody is against Spider-Man looking like Spider-Man at this point in his MCU narrative.
>>
File: movie-phonebooth.jpg (40KB, 549x440px) Image search: [Google]
movie-phonebooth.jpg
40KB, 549x440px
>>91167462
Yup!

It works as a grounding for the material that lasts long enough to remind the audience of the absurdity of the material, while also taking the material seriously.
>>
>>91160937
>Spider-Man's arc just isn't dependant on his costume.

Are you that fucking dense? Can you not figure out that he's an insecure kid and the whole movie is about him discovering that, yes, he does not need the costume to be a hero? Are you seriously that slow?
>>
>>91167473
>I'm all for going away from the source material, it just baffles me why everybody is against Spider-Man looking like Spider-Man at this point in his MCU narrative.

"This point" is literally his first movie. Not going for a straight origin story doesn't mean throwing the basic development of the character out the window. Not to company war, but that's my problem with BvS' Batman for example: yeah, i get, we've been told to death how Batman came to be so we don't NEED another origin story, but at the same time the character is lacking the basic characterization that'd help understand how he got where he is. DCEUfags may bitch all they want about how it must be me being too stupid to understand the movie, but i honestly can't pinpoint when or why Batfleck started killing, i have to guess on my own, and that's not a good thing. So yeah, i can't complain about them showing Peter back to the basics "again", because those basics are needed as a base to built the character one

What baffles ME is how apparently your enjoyement of an adaptation is hindered by the presence of a temporary outfit
>>
>>91167473
...you realize that this isn't an origin movie, right?
>>
>>91167621
It's his first movie but by Civil War he was active for half a year.

Then he's under Stark's wing for however long until Homecoming starts.

I just don't see the use in using an ugly starter costume at this point for his character.

If the movie does >>91167598
well, then It'll make sense. But I have trouble with the trend that the first movie needs an ugly starter costume, even if the first movie starts with the character active for a countless number of months/years.

Back to BVS, your problem was with the character of Batman being underdeveloped, and I'm fine with them fleshing out Peter in an origin way. But there was no point in BVS where Batman had to "discover how to be humble and how to be Batman wearing a cheap, rip off costume, to see if he could fight crime without his money and gadgets."

He was visually established, in the way I think Spider-Man should be in Homecoming.
>>
>>91167827
To clarify: Spider-Man should be visually set by now. He can still have character development, but I don't exactly agree with that development being tied to a starter costume.
>>
>>91141639
HOW DID THEY GET A SKELETON WITH SKIN ON IT BONES TO PORTRAY WONDERWOMAN?
>>
What did Peter mean when he said he is nothing without the suit? The guy was spider-man for months before Tony visited him and his MILF Aunt.
>>
>>91168672
That he prefers to be a cool looking recognizable hero instead of a spider-hobo
>>
>>91168672
I mean he was probably being dramatic like most kids tend to be. "If you take my phone away I'll just die!"
>>
File: Sam-Raimi-Spider-Man-Movies.jpg (271KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Raimi-Spider-Man-Movies.jpg
271KB, 658x370px
Honestly? Just fucking bring back the Raimiverse. It's the only way Sony can save themselves.

Fuck, they could even have it set in the MCU if fuckers got really upset about it. Have Scarlet Witch fuckery going on.

But give Raimi full control, that's essential.
>>
>>91168672
That he's a big baby who is incapable of doing anything on his own. It's the central theme of this movie and why Tony is going to have to save him and the whole day.
>>
>>91166845
Its important to note that they changed Spiderman's powers for the MCU in which the spider sense is a hindrance.
The way things are, spidey's current suit makes him a strong dude who can stick to walls.

The suit should allow him to process all the stimuli his spider sense throws his way rather than limit how much stimuli he gets. This way, he actually has the power that makes Spidey Spidey.
>>
>>91169370
>The way things are, spidey's current suit makes him a strong dude who can stick to walls.

He can also suck Tony's dick with the force of over 20 hookers!
>>
>>91169370

No, he just doesn't know how to control it or focus yet. They've made him a noob.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.