[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take to learn to draw well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22

File: images.jpg (19KB, 404x364px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 404x364px
How long does it take to learn to draw well?
>>
>>89495734
About 3 or 4.
>>
>>89495734
It's an undertaking, that's for sure.
>>
>>89495734
C'mon, Undertaker, just focus on wrestling with however much time you have left don't worry about art.
>>
>>89495734
If you practice hard and study daily you could really be pretty decent in about 2 years.
Its taken me about 6 years to not be complete shit though.
>>
>>89495734
You're either a natural then it's just a matter of practice then there's those who can barely draw a stickman, they're the ones who can take years to get really good. From my experience as professor of art, per capita, the ones who take the time to learn are usually better artists than the ones who have "natural" talent.
>>
>>89495982
"Natural" is a lie in things like Art. You can have a natural grasp on the basics like composition or perspective, but you can never be a "natural" in technical skill.

Also, people here saying Years are taking it a bit rough, learn perspective and you can be a decent artist, at least commercial level, in 6 months.
>>
>>89495945
>however much time you have left
He's fine, I think his wife has cancer and he's been taking care of her at home
>>
>>89496075
i know perspective and i'm pretty bad
>>
>>89495982

thanks pal. your answer means to me very much and gives me many confidence. i always dreamed to learn drawing but never got time or lust to learn it. just imagining i will do it in few years is really awesome. thanks. i wish i can give you a beer one day.
>>
>>89495734
It is a lifelong process.
>>
>>89496147
>I think his wife has cancer
Michelle McCool doesn't have cancer.
>>
Can the Undertaker draw?
>>
>>89496532

oh my gosh. does she has Syfilicis? i heard many artists died by it.
>>
File: green lantern sun.png (1MB, 760x884px) Image search: [Google]
green lantern sun.png
1MB, 760x884px
>>89496532
She had skin cancer. No sun screen in a place like Florida is a no no.
>>
So is Taker gonna be number 1 at the Rumble for his epic entrance? I want demon Finn Balor to be one of the first entrants as well.
>>
>>89496757
>She had skin cancer.

sorry lad, but Skin Cancer is not cureable. it is always there. it is only slowing in process. .
>>
File: Picture_2_c.jpg (47KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_2_c.jpg
47KB, 600x494px
>>89496487
Well, there go my dreams of drawing a hyper-realistic version of this image.
>>
>>89496802
>Skin Cancer is not cureable.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
>>
>>89495734
There's the recently famous "10,000 hours" idea, and it does have certain applications.

But truthfully, as a drawfag that is also a professional in the field, it is not a matter of time but a matter of breakthroughs.

If it takes you a decade to get halfway decent with perspective, it takes you a decade. If it takes you 3 weeks to learn volume in anatomy, it takes you 3 weeks. Learning to draw is an incremental process with no real timeframe for success, because quite frankly it's an abstract sort of development that just "clicks" rather than working on a set timeframe with rigid results. It's not high school math, where you learn one formula that will set you up for the next in a linear fashion, and then on to the next course. You don't master line weight and then instantly move on to the next lesson.

You'll be doodling some worthless piece of shit drawing in the margins of a print out in college, and suddenly you've figured out how to curve the face in order to properly set eyes in perspective. You store that in your memory banks, practice it, refine it, and it's yours. You look at the walls of a restaurant with a whole bunch of chintzy shit all over it and out of nowhere the practical application of structural perspective dings into your mind. Store it, practice it, refine it.

Basically it's the end to first Matrix movie. You just get random catalysts and improve. And in no particular order for skills.
>>
Years, but if you learn to enjoy drawing from the beginning then the time flies
>>
>>89495734
Researchers say that it takes 10,000 hours of practice over a lifetime to become an expert at a technical or intellectual skill. That works out to around an average of three hours per day, every day, for ten years.

But I've been drawing for about eight months now and I'm already pretty happy with it.
>>
>>89495734
>How long does it take to learn to draw well?
Given that you're posting this on /co/, a deeper question is
>How long does it take to learn to draw efficiently and on schedule?
Having some platonic notion of artistic quality is a luxury for someone who does art outside of the business, or for someone who has developed enough of a reputation where they can still maintain a relationship with publishers and not have to worry about deadlines.
>>
>>89496563
He's still struggling with the intricacies of dimes
>>
>>89495734
forget it dude, just get Poser
>>
>>89496791
Number 1 is Edge.

Please WWE.
>>
>>89495734

I've been drawing for 25 years. I pay my bills with art, and I still don't feel like I draw well.

So... infinity?
>>
>>89496791
Since Undertaker is winning, no. He's going to be one of the last ones.
>>
>>89495734

Depends are willing to practice day in and day out for hours at a time

And if you really really want some good practice if you have a community college that has a life model class take it

Human fucking anatomy is theist difficult thing you can come up with since the human body can be ridiculous

Also this >>89497534

Any artist can honestly tell you that no matter how much they put out when they go back and look at it they think its terrible and they shouldn't have released it. Cause fuck me this happens all the fucking time
>>
>>89496791
> Big Show already has a wrestlemania match
> He's in the Royal Rumble
It's going to be so fucking Braun Strowman can throw him out by himself to look strong
>>
>>89497298
Where did you start off anon? I have an acquaintance that has does art professionally for board games and books, etc. He told me I should trace art for a while to get kind of used to the movement. I can draw slightly better than the average person but it's nothing to write home about.
>>
File: 1404493434265.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1404493434265.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>89497298
>Researchers
>>
>>89497557
Strowman's getting annoying, to be honest.
>>
File: marvel writer looking at you.gif (1MB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
marvel writer looking at you.gif
1MB, 180x200px
>>89495734
Try writing instead, it's muuuch easier!
>>
>>89497557
Big Show's WM match is gonna be against Shaq.
>>
>>89497594
But I want to be a good writer.
>>
Style>skill
>>
>>89497648
No need when you work for Marvel.
>>
>>89497663
t. manga artist
>>
>>89497663
t. autistic deviantART user
>>
>>89497250
>as a drawfag
Which one?
>>
>>89496075
This isn't what people talk about when they talk about "being a natural".

I'll use levels as a sort of metaphor.

In art, levels 1-4 are long, boring, and almost all look exactly the same. Your art looks terrible, you see no improvement, and you have no idea, realistically, what you're doing wrong. None of your drawing books help you, they're all designed for people who are level 5+ and are trying to "learn the basics". You study anatomy and perspective and try to steady your lines, and none of it helps. In levels 1-4, there is no such thing as "self-improvement". You just grind forever and pray.

Once you get past level 4, though, it's like the entire world has opened up to you. If you have a picture in your head, you can put it down on paper. It might not look amazing, and you definitely need to work on your technique, but that's the point - you can SEE what you need to work on. Your pictures are finally good enough that you can notice what the problems are. It's the difference between a doodle or stick figure drawing and a shitty anime figure. From there it's just a matter of working hard on your problem areas. There are tutorials and video guides and books and lessons and hundreds of years of resources to work with.

To use the analogy again, at level 4 you suddenly unlock an ability that gives you 100x as much experience for the same amount of work. And sure, you're only at level 5, and there are 100 levels, but before long you're at level 6, and then level 10, and your drawings are looking better and better. You'll never be level 100 without a lifetime of work, but you can easily make 25-35 with a bit of dedication. But that only happened once you reached level 5.

Naturals are people who get to skip to 3 or 4. They'll quickly reach 5 and start being really rewarded for their work, and they'll learn to enjoy drawing and want to do it more. Everyone else is stuck with months or years or boring grinding before seeing any real improvement.
>>
>>89495734
Depends on your capability for learning, discipline and learning material.
>>
>>89497678
The one that teleports behind you
>>
>>89497696

is this pasta?

This is the most autistic thing I've ever read holy shit kys
>>
>>89497696
Bullshit

Natural artists are people who enjoy the act of creating and thus fly through their shit phase while normal people want to draw but hate their shit phase so they dig their heels in and drag it out

The guys with inhuman artistic ability (like drawing a skyline they saw in a helicopter or sculpting something perfectly they only saw for 30 seconds) all have brain damage of one flavor or another
>>
>>89497663
lol
>>
>>89495734
Your whole life unless you're naturally gifted. As my old instructor put it, anyone can learn how to draw. It's just easier for some than others. If you're not gifted at it, you have to work harder than those that are.

If you really wanna do it, gotta do it everyday. It's like driving. You don't get skilled at driving reading books about driving driving. You get skilled at it by actually doing it and putting your time in.
>>
>>89497725
>Natural artists are people who enjoy the act of creating and thus fly through their shit phase while normal people want to draw but hate their shit phase so they dig their heels in and drag it out
Yeah, you could call it that as well. They get 100x experience right from the start.

There's nothing you can do to "become" a natural artist. There's no magical process that you can follow that will make you get through your shit phase faster. Everyone progresses through their shit phase at a constant rate, regardless of other variables. It is simply impossible to speed it along. It's your "overhead". It's the time you have to put in practicing before you get to have any fun at all, or even before you get to LEARN anything.

Naturals get to go WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE and whiz right through it because of chance brain chemistry.

>The guys with inhuman artistic ability (like drawing a skyline they saw in a helicopter or sculpting something perfectly they only saw for 30 seconds) all have brain damage of one flavor or another
You're describing people at like fucking level 70 from a freak accident.
>>
>>89495734
Really depends on your aptitude. There are a lot of individual aspects that must be understood in order to be classically good at drawing.

For example, say you want to make a comic book. You begin with your subject or object. Then you have to put either one in space and make it look natural. If your object is a human, you will have to understand body language and facial expression. Let's even say you're writing some capeshit and making illustrations for it. Like Superman crashing Doomsday into a building. This building comes down hard, and you can't just have it turn into mud or a giant dust cloud all the time. There are bricks, glass, pieces of metal shrapnel from support beams, you will not only need a grasp on the composition of these things but how they react to breaking. It can be a loose understanding sure, but something has to be there.

So let's say you were an expert on anatomy or a professional architect. It would be a lot easier for you to draw people or buildings respectively because you already have an innate understanding in those subjects. So the understanding is really where the skill comes from. If you had never seen anything on earth in your life, or had no idea how anything works, the climb would be significantly steeper compared to someone who does.
>>
File: IMG_6825.jpg (88KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6825.jpg
88KB, 384x313px
>tfw you just wanna draw mostly on model with your own flair added
>>
However long it takes you to
>have sex
>gain height
>hit the weights
>take a shower
>get a clue
Only then can you draw well
>>
>>89497803
Nothing to ashamed of, just try doing other stuff once in a while as well.
>>
>>89497829
>have sex
Well, I can forget about it then.
>>
>>>/i/
>>>/ic/
>>
>>89495734

This is difficult to answer without narrowing your focus. Drawing is a generic term, and encompasses many different disciplines that require different skill sets. In a way, your question is less important than how many aspects of drawing you may need to study. You may need to be competent in many, or exceptional in a few.

Sometimes, brevity and clear communication in the drawing is more important than rendering accuracy. This isn't drawing poorly, simply spending more effort on storytelling and muting elements not essential to that.

Sometimes, despite all the howling from people on /ic/ who are on the concept art path, style does trump technique. Having an instantly recognizable, appealing, signature style might make you more valuable than the technically proficient, yet indistinguishable realist artists. You'd be harder to replace.
>>
>>89497579
I had drawn on and off for a couple years before starting to seriously do it. Just kind of human anatomy doodles, really. But I've only been doing actual drawings of characters, people and things for the last eight months.

And your acquaintance is telling you the wrong thing - you must NEVER trace. Using references is fine - recommended, even - but tracing isn't in any capacity real drawing, so you learn nothing and may as well not be drawing at all.

There is a practice called "iterated drawing" - just take a nice, inexpensive sketch pad (I personally use cartridge paper) and a pencil, and draw the same thing over and over. With this rapid repetition, I see rapid improvement in a relatively short timeframe.
>>
>>89495734
to be considered a "master" you need to devote 10,000 hours into it

when do you start being "good", that is uncertain, since improvement is incremental, and there is no point within those 10,000 hours where you stop being "bad" and become "good"
>>
>>89496791
1 will be Joe, 2 will be Nakamura
>>
Never stop practising, there will always be people better than you and as you level up people will start viewing you in the same way. Just be the best artist you can be and then never stop improving, practising with new materials and styles.
>>
File: 1454606274175.png (3MB, 1400x6521px) Image search: [Google]
1454606274175.png
3MB, 1400x6521px
might be useful
>>
>>89499515
It really is.
>>
>>89497586
It'll take you eight years full time to get good. It'll take me six months because I'm better than you. Don't argue you liberal faggot,you lost.
>>
File: 1484244389198.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484244389198.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>89500064
lol u sure showed him!!1
>>
>>89495734
There's no correct time frame. It all depends on how fast things click with you.
>>
>>89495734
I don't know but why is it so fucking horrible?
>Sit down to practice
>Somehow can't draw things I was drawing a couple days ago
>Oops now I can't draw anything
>Now I'm contemplating how old I am and all the time I wasted
>Now I'm thinking about the fact that I will never be good And i don't have a future
>Now I remember that whenever I take a class everyone is better than me
>Now I'm going back to McDonald's
>Now I'm eating way too much food in bed while beating myself over every mistake I ever made
>>
>>89497720
The main point is really solid. Learning to pinpoint the specific aspects of your work that are causing you dissatisfaction is a big deal.
>>
>>89500777
Fucking this.
Turns out drawing and depression doesnt mix well.
>>
>>89500777
just get a little better every day
>>
Tried drawing from the shoulder and ir hurts after five minutes

I dont know what Im doing
>>
>>89495734

Not surprised he likes Devil May Cry to be honest..
>>
>>89500777
Do pic related, but with something that's not a shrimp or a human (humans too hard if you're a beginner). Don't use pencil or anything else that you can use a eraser on. Erasers are for closers only.
If you have difficulty doing this, practice basic construction (everything is constructed by 3dimenstional boxes and spheres). The /ic/ sticky is a good place to start regarding this.
And remember: Drawing is not fun if you want to get good at it.

>>89501033
Draw standing with the sheet on a easel or a construct of similar purpose and work on a large sheet of paper/cardboard. Think A2 or larger. And hold the pencil like a sword.
>>
>>89501243
what a delightful tutorial
>>
File: 1485268595952.gif (3MB, 1300x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485268595952.gif
3MB, 1300x700px
>>
>>89495734
>tfw want to draw because no one wants to draw my things for me
>tfw no talent
>tfw 31
>tfw 4 years of practicing with tutorials and books and just freestyle with no improvement
>tfw terms like construction mean nothing to you and the other person might as well be speaking an alien language
It's like nothing clicks in my head when it comes to art.
And I swear I was better in high school.
>>
File: 49f9b18888c3a1459b-16.jpg (121KB, 1024x1334px) Image search: [Google]
49f9b18888c3a1459b-16.jpg
121KB, 1024x1334px
>>89501480
"construction" is basically that you try and "construct" a complex shape out of basic shapes that are easy for anyone to draw. Think Legos and sculpture more than drawing.
So instead of drawing an arm you draw a pringles tube, and instead of drawing a owl you draw two balls. Drawing these shapes are usually easy for even the most Chris Chan of autists. What's a bit more difficult is seeing these shapes in everyday objects and later being able to draw them in perspective to create depth.

So to learn basic construction:
Something I strongly recommend doing first is learning perspective drawing. It will make the rest of this a lot easier. 1 and 2 point perspective drawing is easy as fuck to get a grasp of. You can learn how that shit works in an hour, easy.
Then, using basic 1 or 2 point perspective drawing:
Draw 10 cubes
Draw 10 balls
Draw 10 cylinders
You can construct pretty much everything out of those 3 shapes. Any artist worth half a shit should be able to draw them in their sleep.

Then you should try to see how you can apply those shapes into the real world. When faggots say "LOOMIS" that's what they mean. Check out "fun with a pencil", and "how to draw comics the marvel way". They both show how those stupid boxes can be applied to everyday objects in a easy to understand way.
>>
>>89497531
Edge will literally die in the middle of the ring if he takes any bump. His condition is much worse than Daniel Bryan's and even Bryan is not allowed to wrestle.
>>
>>89495945
The guy's joints don't work any more. He should be doing literally anything OTHER than wrestling.
>>
>>89501243
>erasers are for closers
Fuck yes.
Filed under things I figured out after it no longer mattered.
I hardly use it at all these days, though.
>>
>>89501480
>31
Who cares, this isn't Logan's Run, you have fucking decades in front of you. Fuck, after another couple of decades, you'll still have decades.
Someday, you're going to be 50. You can be a 50 year old pussy pulling artist, or a 50 y/o washed up loser who gave up at 31.
The choice is 100% yours.
>>
Depends how you plan on training. If you're willing to pay a shitload of money and go to a drawing/art school with traditional still-life, perspective and anatomy drawing classes for 7+ hours a day, you can become very skilled in the matter of 6 months. If you take classes, not only will your art be looked over and criticized by your peers, but you will have a teacher that can show you directly on the drawing what you're doing wrong and how to fix it.

If you're completely on your own, you need to 'force' yourself to train every day. And I really mean force, because learning to draw things you don't particularly want to draw can be incredibly tedious and it's easy to fall back in your old ways and just draw what you already know/is skilled if you have no one to give you serious feedback and critique.

It's very much a matter of your state of mind though. Anyone can learn to draw and draw well, but not everyone has the motivation or self-discipline it takes to become really good.
>>
>>89502496
>Filed under things I figured out after it no longer mattered.
That's sadly how it usually goes.

All the spoiled potential and polished turds that can be credited to the eraser is fucking depressing.
>>
File: Cw_flash_Atom_Smasher_2.jpg (113KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cw_flash_Atom_Smasher_2.jpg
113KB, 1024x1024px
>>89502102
Edge's neck is so fragile he wore a neckbrace for the Flash, and all of the falling he did in that was either stuntmen or CGI.
>>
What an interesting mix of /asp/ x /co/ x /ic/
>>
>>89501243
This is a good tutorial. May think tracing is something that should be completely avoided when you want to learn, but it's a good method of figuring out shapes and anatomy.
>>
>>89496075
you're a natural if you love drawing so you draw all day every day, it's not you talent that's natural, it's your desire
>>
>>89502102
>>89503578

really?I didnt know it was so bad, didnt he have it fused?
>>
>>89502054
Wow. This actually does make sense. You can teach, my dude.
>>
>>89503578
>>89502102

>looks up edge

Holy shit that some scary shit knowing a single fall could paralyses you from the next time you fall.
>>
>>89499515
If I'm already in my early 20's and can't draw for shit, should I take it up anyway?
>>
File: 1396231396837.gif (616KB, 332x400px) Image search: [Google]
1396231396837.gif
616KB, 332x400px
>>89496563
>>89495734
>mfw

Nice job /asp/, took me a bit
>>
File: 1387019155013.gif (1MB, 400x643px) Image search: [Google]
1387019155013.gif
1MB, 400x643px
Hi is this the Royal Rumble thread

who you got /co/
>>
>>89499515
Those examples really discredit the intent.
>>
>>89505993
You've lived for 1/4 of your life.
You have 0 reason not to do it if you want to learn.
>>
>>89495734
Always saw learning to draw as similar to learning to play fighting games well. You may have all you need at your fingertips to perform well, but you need to do multiple things well at once just to get somewhere decent.
>>
File: thinkin.png (112KB, 1022x908px) Image search: [Google]
thinkin.png
112KB, 1022x908px
>>89499515
>Cirno gets progressively lewder
>>
File: 1417306845732.jpg (509KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1417306845732.jpg
509KB, 456x628px
Man I don't know /co/, I want to get better at art, but I can't bring myself draw further after looking at whatever deviantart tier shit I produce with my hands.

How do I stop my shit looking like a 5th graders first anime fanart?
>>
>>89502054
How do you draw a ball in 1 and 2 poont perspective?
>>
>>89508492
You need to stop being disheartened by how bad you are atm, and believe you will become better.

Practice from real life.
>>
So how about that AJ Styles
>>
Practice makes perfect is a lie.
I know people who have been drawing prolifically for 10 years; and they still draw like they did in high school.
>>
>>89512435
Well yeah there are 'wrong' ways to practice. Some people never challenge themselves, even though they draw every day.
>>
>>89495734
Can't draw
>>
>>89495734
A long time anon, but part of the fun is learning. enjoy being bad, because you're always gonna learn something new.
>>
Childhood to mid-thirties. If you want to be successful in comics, that is.
>>
>>89512435
>Practice makes perfect is a lie.

you can practice the wrong way too
>>
I saw an artist's "progression" image the other day. A sample of their work for 12 years or so. They literally started with crappy pencil drawn stick men.

After about 3 years their art seemed decent enough. By year 6 it seemed to peak looking as good as any internet artist. The following years having small improvements here and there.

So I figure if you draw regularly probably about 3-5 years.
>>
>>89518446
>>
File: o7lkO8y.png (463KB, 1109x569px) Image search: [Google]
o7lkO8y.png
463KB, 1109x569px
>>89509458
>>
>>89521341
Many thanks
>>
>>89521341
>>89521341
I don't understand images like these. Maybe I'm just a natural but do people really need hints like this??
>>
>>89521643
If you don't understand them, you need them. No exceptions.

The pros with, for example, that sphere is if you want to make something that's symmetrical. Like a face.
When having a face in semi profile it can be fairly difficult to know just where to place the eyes, which angle to have the nose, and when the mouth should end on the face. Lines like these helps a lot with guiding how to place these things to make it look natural and 3dimentional.
>>
File: 1476039949740.jpg (73KB, 715x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476039949740.jpg
73KB, 715x720px
>>89508124
Her arse gets progressively larger.
>>
>>89502102

Bryan could wrestle though doctors have cleared him WWE refuses to because of how many concussions he has had and they are being super vigilant about that because of the whole shitty concussion lawsuit they have atm.

>>89504342

Mother fucking Brodus Clay not taking a fucking spear right took Edge from us. Not an amazing match where he took a big bump that fat dancing fuck didn't take a spear right on an episode of smackdown and fucked up Edges neck to the point it is now.

Think about that all the lader spots all the crazy shit and its this fat fuck they are trying to build as a monster that fucks it up and then ontop of that they never capitalize on it infact they make him a comedy jobber because a bunch of guys returned as monster heels at the same time meaning he was not needed. Then hes dropped and goes to TNA where his fucking balls hang out on PPV.
>>
Trying to get good at drawfagging gave me CTS.

My hands just couldn't keep up with my desire. No matter how much bandaging, or NSAIDs. It didn't matter that I was really driven, my hands would stop working and go numb if I did it too long. I lost the genetic lottery.

Hard.
>>
>>89495734
Too long
>>
>>89497298
10000 hours to become a world class master. It only take 200 hours to become competent and 1000 to become pro level.
>>
>>89495734
>>89496563

fuckin hell /asp/
>>
>>89497663
this is true

look at Street Angel - a new upcoming image title

it's the drawing skill of an amateur tumblr user

yet it got the back cover of Image Plus and the FIRST page of Image comics in this month's PREVIEWS book (i work at a retailer so i know, coming out this wed.)

the skill is crap. but the style is appealing, so series like this get greenlit
>>
File: 1485195339858-2.jpg (130KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1485195339858-2.jpg
130KB, 600x637px
>>89499515
>I'm currently between 1st and 2nd mastery
>there's 6 total
JUST
>>
>>89503534
>>89502496
redpill me on not using the eraser

my drawings are sketchy as hell, just the way i draw and form things
>>
>>89523547
Biggest reason is that it encourages you to fix a mistake instead of doing things properly from the beginning. This might not sound like such a bad thing, but if you are a beginner you might not fully understand why you did the mistake, so you'll never actually fix it, and instead waste time on polishing a turd.
If you're a beginner it's far better to just throw away the drawing and start over.

Second reason is sort of the same thing, but comes down to line confidence. When you can erase what you draw you become sloppier in your line work. If you draw directly with a pen, or just refuse to use a eraser, you'll force yourself to be more confident in your lines. When you get this down a bit, you'll also notice that it takes less time to do a drawing. Since you don't spend time erasing shit.

Third reason is that it destroys the paper and looks ugly as shit.
>>
>>89518446
It depends on what else you have going on. It took me roughly twice as long, because I earned a masters degree, had kids and did a shit ton of field work.
Then I broke my leg in the desert and found myself with a lot of time on my hands.
>>
>>89523811
I find that one has to think of it as a clean up tool, not a drawing tool.
>>
File: hopesdeleted.jpg (38KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
hopesdeleted.jpg
38KB, 625x351px
>>89496563

Not anymore if his performance in the Royal Rumble last night is any indication
>>
remember to get rid of symbol drawing
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.