[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 4: Mutant Massacre (Part 7)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 141

What's up, mah muggas?

We'll start X-Factor today, but first, back to UXM!

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:
>>84957128
>>84970855
>>85008946
>>85022416
>>85027361
>>85033830
>>
Oh, and BismuthVectoring, really sorry for the late response, here's everything we've read related to New Mutants so far:
>Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants
>New Mutants #1-#40
>Magik #1-#4
>Secret Wars II

That's about it.
>>
>>
>>85054638

GREAT ISSUE
>>
This relationship has always been kinda weird.
>>
>>
>>85054858
It's pretty fun for sure, and a Nightcrawler adventure is always welcome.
>>
>>
>>85054876

yeah it's like the one thing I don't like about Nightcrawler
>>
>Kurtbutt
>>
>Hey, I know they call me the pinball wizard, but not like this!
>>
>>85054998
Same here.
>>
THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME
>>
>>
>>
That's the goofiest looking shark I've ever seen.
>>
>An odd name. Were your parents 60's rock stars?
>>
>>
>>85055209
He looks sad

> oh geeze sorry
>>
Couldn't you step on it before? Guess you were enjoying this a bit too much, Kurt.
>>
>I never learned
I know that feel all too well, lady. I'm trying to fix that, OK?
>>
>>85055278
kek
>>
>>
Sorry about that, had to go get a call.
>>
>>
>>
"?!?" is right! What the hell kinda ending is that!
>>
This is one of the first X-Men stories I ever read.
>>
I think I first read this when I was like 10? I actually hated the art back then because I was a faggy little kid with no taste.
>>
If you haven't read the latest Alpha Flight storytime I recommend you do to see why Deathstrike hates Wolvie so much.
>>
>>
Putting one of the Power Pack in a story this violent was a pretty bold decision.
>>
>>
Revisiting this story is always a trip and a half for me.
>>
>>
>>
I won't have this much of a nostalgia rush during a storytime for a while.
>>
Poor kid.
>>
And people say Wolverine can't be heroic.
>>
Logan, you fucking weeb.
>>
>>
>>
>>
This is a great design, but it only works when BWS is drawing it.
>>
Untraslated words in translated word balloons is a pet peeve of mine.
>>
>>
>>
I'm a sucker for this transhumanist shit, and BWS draws the fuck out of it.
>>
>SNAKT
>>
>I did what you asked, Mr. Wolverine
>I didn't see or hear a thing
Ha! I love it.
>>
>>
Great fucking page.
>>
>>
>>
Give it a decade and a few years, lady, and you'll see the X-Men officially come to San Fran.
>>
You look... 80's-tastic, Kitty.
>>
>>
>>85055759
Lol! BWS is BEST.

X-Anon, what is your favorite X-run?
>>
I'd listen to Rogue, Rachel, she's got a skunk living on her head after all.
>>
>>85055882
>>85055926

Is Marvel ever going to collect this issue in an omnibus or should I just buy the trade it is in if I want to own a bit of this era?
>>
>>85056581
I think between here and issue 210 is peak JrJr (until Daredevil)
>>
>I think the X-Men are under attack. Sorry
kek
>>
>>85055926
My gods, BWS did the coloring too?! The man was a true artist. Why does he not create anymore? Where can I venture to meet this legend?
>>
>>85056768
Milligan and Allred's (et al) X-Force/X-Statix
Yeah, I'm weird
>>
>>85056141
I love that last panel. There is a deeply ominous and cool quality within it.
>>
>>
>>85056170
I wish I possessed the money and means to own this page.
>>
>>
>>
>>85056396
This is one of those pages I will think about when I remember how badass Logan is. And I will think of it.
>>
>>
>>
Oh shit, something really urgent just came up. Sorry guys, I'll have to leave it here for now.
>>
>>85056861
WHOA. Really? I've never read it, but thought Claremont would be attached to your answer. Can you elaborate for a fellow fan in need of an X-education?
>>
>>85056441
Yes he does.
>>
>>85057106
No problem
>>
>>85056861
Nah that's a solid choice. I don't think anything Marvel has put out since has topped it
>>
>>85057137
Obivously I'm not X-Anon, but Milligan/Allred is one of my favorite xruns.

It's all original characters so death was on the table. You never really knew who was going to survive each mission. Allred's art is on point. The book focuses on themes of celebrity and identity in a much more post-modern/media-heavy reality than most other X-Men comics do. Morrison may have updated the look and scope of mutants, but Milligan and Allred brought them in to the 21st century thematically.
>>
>>85059246
That is inspiring.
>>
Aaaaaaand I'm back. Let's finish this, folks.
>>
>>85057137
Oh man, where do I begin? It has a great cast of characters (and I do mean great in both senses of the word) that Milligan wasn't afraid to kill off and keep dead (to this day pretty much every character in that run who died has remained dead, aside from a few cameos and shit). The art is fantastic, both from Allred and fill-ins by people like fucking Darwyn Cooke and Paul Pope (it certainly helps that I was a huge fan of pretty much everyone involved in this run already).
It modernized the X-universe in a way that worked perfectly with Morrison's run, and even expanded on it, presenting pretty much the first mutant celebrities. It was funny, it was tragic, it was fucking perfect, and it's the gold standard I hold every X-book to.

I seriously urge you to read it asap (although if you want to wait until we reach it here I won't fault you).
>>
>>
I find it pretty hilarious Claremont was such a Jessica Drew fanboy he made Julia an antagonist right away.

Bad taste, Chris
>>
>>85059898

wish every day the mutants had taken the direction of Morrison and Milligan with mutant as subculture. but got considered too many mutantslol
>>
>>
Nightcrawler's love for adventure is almost infectious.
>>
>>85054894

>90% of Wiccan/Hulkling's arc in Gillen's YA in one page

I like that run
>>
>>85060011
Same here. Real shame the X-universe wasn't allowed to evolve, we could've had the most forward thinking franchise in Marvel, but fucking clueless jackasses had to step in.
>>
Another great opening page. JRJR is on fucking point.
>>
>>85060081
You do? Now that's an opinion I don't see very often around here.
>>
>>
>>
Pretty cool couple of panels with Wolverine there.
>>
>>
>>85055714
>>85055759
>>85055806

this issue i'm just chanting

BARRY
BARRY
BARRY
>>
Loooove that little sequence with the mirror.
>>
>>85060334
One of his finest works for sure.
>>
this era is so good. i think it's all collected too

>>85056441

and Wolverine lets him indulge.

>>85056803

There's a BWS X-Men collection with it, Life Death 1/2, that one issue about Dazzler, and the issues he did with O5.
>>
You were a bit of a poop, Rachel.
>>
Fuck, that is one scary-looking Wolverine.
>>
>>
>Stupid, complacent humans!
Starting to sound like a super villain there, Rachel.
>>
>>85060552

she does have a lot in common with Magneto
>>
>>
>>
>>
Kind of a dick move forgetting his name, Ray.
>>
>evil smile
Hoo boy.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>85056807
...Come to think of it, "Ghosts" through to "The Morning After" might be my favorite run of Uncanny issues- up there with Paul Smiths run and DOFP, even.
>>
>I honor him, yes-- as I do all whom I slay
How nice of you.
>>
>>85060866

My problem is if i rank them everything ends up equal. but i think this is the most rereadable to me bc i love JrJr
>>
>>
>>
>For years, that moment has puzzled fans. “Killing is wrong, so I must kill you!” Even if you sort of kind of get where Wolverine’s coming from, it’s still a bit odd.

>Anyhow, as it turns out, Claremont confirmed in a 1991 Comics Interview interview that Wolverine was afraid that killing Selene would trigger Rachel turning into Dark Phoenix, and thus he felt that he had to kill her to avoid the much worse fate of Rachel becoming Dark Phoenix. That honestly makes a lot of sense. It’s not in the actual comic, but it DOES make a lot of sense.
>>
>>
>>85060896
Yeah, I wish he'd stayed on the book longer.
>>
>>
>>85061028
>That honestly makes a lot of sense. It’s not in the actual comic, but it DOES make a lot of sense.

Just like Claremont's belief that Rachel's parents were Jean and The Phoenix Force, not Cyclops
>>
>>
>>
>>85061028

I dunno, Wolverine's deal is he's the one who can be the killer and outcast and etc etc. He's telling Rachel they'll throw her off the X-Men because killing is beneath her.
>>
>>85061120
Ah, more weird lovebabies my Claremont that never saw the light of day. I love it.
>>
>>85061078

Knowing the Fury, who's probably the coolest of the Terminator rip offs, now I'm doubly hate Nimrod.
>>
>>
>>85061257
He's such a nimrod! But in all seriousness, knowing why he was created in the first place seriously hurts the character even more, yeah.
>>
>>
>>
That FEAR font looks oddly familiar.
>>
has anyone ever called wolverine on how that samurai bullshit doesn't work so well for people without healing factors
>>
>>
Hoo boy.
>>
>>
>Even the short guy has his limits
Yeah... for a while at least.
>>
>>
I know this is the Hellfire Club we're talking about, but you guys look ridiculous.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>85061749
Leland's outfit kills me.
>>
And then there's THIS asshole!
>>
>>85062072
Probably doesn't help that he's a fatso. Looks like goddamn Comic Book Guy doing cosplay or something.
>>
>P. Craig Russell
Now that's a name you wouldn't expect to see in Uncanny X-Men of all things.
>>
I like how Selene's first thought is about the biblical reference and not the insult.
>>
>>
>>
Fucking lol.
>>
>>
And he just fucking flies off into orbit, hah.
>>
What a dumbass.
>>
DAYUM, guy straight up got iced, just like that.
>>
>>85062557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib084tzN8H0
>>
>>
>>85062703
Hah!
>>
Looks like a trustworthy person.
>>
Seriously? It took you THAT long to notice? Fucking hell.
>>
>>
>>
And this is why body positivity is a sham, boys and girls.
>>
>>
BOOM!
>>
>>85063130
Heart disease and Type II Diabetes are nothing compared to feeling X-anon
>>
Love the pacing in this issue btw.
>>
>>85060662
JRJR's got taste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZLN_P3DV0
>>
>>85063272
You're right, I'm being too problematic aren't I? :(
>>
At least fatty had an oddly dignified exit.
>>
That's all for now, X-Factor later!
>>
>>85063400
Thanks again, X-Anon.
>>
>>85060890

She's very thoughtful.
>>
>>85060974
"This is murder."

Oh fuck you; you murder all the time, you vicious little weasel. I love you, Logan, but not this hypocritical bullshit here.Claremont musta been smoking Japanese vending-machine panties when he wrote this.
>>
>>85061254
>>85061302

Good going, Logan.
>>
>>85061483

Yeah, like from one of the old monster titles...
>>
>>85063400

When you fitting in Rachel's weird adventure in with pre-Excalibur stuff?
>>
>>85064896

*where but w/e
>>
>>85063272
Speaking as a feminist, I can tell you that the intention of "body positivity" was originally to fight the cruel society-wide notion that there should be such exacting standards to female beauty that only identical "Barbie" pod-people women should ever be considered beautiful.

It was never intended to justify letting your looks go. That's a modern misappropriation.
It was simply meant to say that ... say... a six-foot-seven black woman with white hair and blue eyes should also be allowed to be seen as beautiful despite the fact that she doesn't look like anyone else that you've ever heard of.
>>
>>85065024

tfw if you did an arc about body positivity with morlocks nowadays you'd get shit for it
>>
>>85064362
Logan's bullshit has always revolved around the notion that innocent children, who is basically anyone younger than him and not a killer, should never be allowed to bloody their hands ...
BUT Logan himself, already damned for his ages of murdering, is willing or maybe eager to bloody his own hands for another's sake.
He doesn't get how condescending that is.
>>
>>85063186
She was inside Piotr. She penetrated him. All the way.
>>
>>85065082
Hey Anon, if you've seen some of the freaky stuff posted on the 'toon pinkboards you would understand that there's a market for what those Morlocks are selling.
>>
>>85055658
I actually bought that issue. wow, memories.
>>
>>85065425
Illyana must be so jealous.
>>
>>85065425
And it's not the first time either!
>>
>>85064896
We'll be reading the Before Excalibur tpb soon-ish.
>>
>>85066283

coo dat
>>
>>85056338

The fuk
>>
>>85055102

this is sigourney weaver traced, in the last panel
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.