[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 709
Thread images: 93

File: MonMothma.jpg (275KB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
MonMothma.jpg
275KB, 1200x1525px
"We need to demilitarize, what could possibly go wrong?" - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: cAnonGuideVer3.0.png (3MB, 1908x4870px) Image search: [Google]
cAnonGuideVer3.0.png
3MB, 1908x4870px
So here it is, the (hopefully complete) current Canon Guide. Hope you like the layout change, tried to make it easier to follow. The link in the OP is updated. Timeline will come eventually.
>>
Many Bothans died for Mon Mothma to fuck everything up
>>
I wish more planets would demilitarize so I'd have more time to play little war games.
>>
>>78336669
>>
>>78336590
Wait, the guy in the red helmet is getting his own book?
>>
>>78336710
It's a Short Story in the "Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away" collection.

It's out next year, but you can already buy and read it digitally if you wish.
>>
>>78336701
Kylo should be Dark Helmet reenacting his ROTJ fanfiction where he travels back in time to help Darth Vader kill Luke, Han, Leia, and all the other rebels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I

Hux chances upon this and he just really doesn't have the time or energy to comment on the sadness of this roleplay.
>>
>>78336590
Wait so there's Clone Wars from 2003 which was 3 seasons and THE Clone Wars from 2008 which was 6 seasons? What's the difference, is the 2008 one a reboot or a sequel?

Also, the image says the 2008 series had 5 seasons.
>>
>>78336763
The 6th Season wasn't called Season 6, it was called "The Lost Missions" and was never aired on Tv, but rather had a Netflix release. It's part of the "The Clone Wars: Legacy" series, which was after Season 5 of the show, when Disney took over. So they are listed seperately.

As for the 2003 series, it had 2 Seasons. The 2008 series was originally supposed to expand the 2003 series, but they quickly abandoned that in favor of just creating their own show. (Design elements are the most notable thing carried over. Especially Count Dooku, who looks exactly like the 2D version in Season 1)

The 2003 one is no longer Canon. The 2008 Show has replaced it entirely.
>>
>>78336763

They take place during different parts of the war.

For the 2003 show, season 1 and 2 and the first episode of season 3 take place during the first few months of the war, leading up to Anakin's knighting and the first appearance of General Grievous. The rest of season 3 takes place after the 2008 show, in the last few months before Revenge of the Sith.

Another difference is that the 2003 show was purged in the 2014 canon purge. It's no longer canon. The 2008 show survived in its entirety.
>>
>>78336075
Not get shot by Han Solo.
>>
>>78336590
Twilight Company is the best book to come out of the new EU. Anyone know if we'll get a follow up? Or was it just some shitty tie-in for a video game that was unexpectedly amazing?
>>
>>78336975
There's no word on a follow up. But considering they confirmed more Battlefront games, I assume there will be at least one Book released per game. I'm currently reading it myself. I am early on, but it is very enjoyable so far.
>>
>>78336590
Looking good. Definitely more streamlined. My few pieces of feedback:

>drop TCW movie
I don't think it needs its own spot. Yes it's a theatrical release, but it's also technically just 4 TCW episodes put together. And, at least until Rogue One comes out next year, it occupies an entire line on the chart. People who want to watch TCW will look up a viewing order anyway, so let this lists be more detailed while yours is more concise.
>Same with the lost missions
They're just Season 6 of TCW, there's nothing special about them other than the fact that they got a subtitle. As above, anyone new will see them when they look up a viewing order. Or they'll just go on Netflix, where they're listed as season 6. Separating them makes it needlessly complicated.
>the story reels
If you REALLY wanna include something bonus from TCW, it should be this, since they're a little harder to find. If they ever put them on Netflix I think you could safely remove them, but I can see the benefit in including them here.
>Unified images
The Lost missions (which should be gone anyway) have a different size and style image. C-3PO's is off. Rebels is a landscape instead of a portrait like everything else. Stuff like that.
>groupings
I don't think the list gains anything by the extra grouping of A New Dawn and Tarkin. It just adds another element that confuses at a quick glance and clutters the chart.
Also, I think the way you had Servants of the Empire on the old one was better. Saves space but gets the same point across by just saying "(4 Books)." They're not important enough to take up that much space. Hell, you could probably even stack Aftermath as a trilogy once all is said and done.
I wouldn't group the JTTFA YA books either. They're not a series, they're just thematically connected. It's a bit misleading to group them.

Continued...
>>
>>78336590
>>78337020
>continued:

>Short stories
While I think you should get rid of the Rise of the Empire grouping, there are enough short stories to merit inclusion. They probably don't each need their own image (an image for a 6-page insider story is excessive), but they deserve to be listed. Maybe a "SHORT STORIES" section that has the images of the longer ones and simply lists the rest under a "Short Stories from Star Wars Insider" subsection as bullet points with titles and issue numbers.
>comic consistency
This is a big one. You've got some comics listed by issue and some listed by TPB - not okay! I think issues is more informative without needing more space, so stick with that. Also, I'm not sold on the Vader Down grouping. It makes sense and it functions, but it's a bit unsightly. I'm not sure how I'd change it though.

I think that's everything I've got. I know it's nit picky, but hey, isn't that the point? Keep up the good work.
>>
File: 1449784731351.jpg (139KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
1449784731351.jpg
139KB, 600x728px
So if what I'm reading is correct, Phasma started as a bit part for VII, but she impressed the suits/got So popular that she is getting a bigger part in VIII?
>>
>>78337043
I think she always was intended to have a larger role in VIII.
>>
The Separatist movement was partially fueled by accusations that the Republic government only cared about the Core and Inner Rim systems and didn't give a shit about the Mid to Outer Rim. By abandoning the outer rim to Imperial enslavement isn't the New Republic basically repeating that?
>>
>>78336590
>>78337020
>>78337024
One more addition:
I forgot about the Rebels comic until I saw the footnote. I think you might as well include it in the image. If it warrants explaining below, you can save confusion by listing it above.

And maybe you could put the Story Bedore the Force Awakens in the footnote? Or at least a general comment about adaptations' canonicity.

Last thing I promise: I'm not sure you need "concluded" on the miniseries. I'd probably change it to "5-issue miniseries" and leave it at that. Maybe at a note for things that are still ongoing, but there's no need to say concluded. You could even do an asterisk that denotes "currently ongoing" to save some clutter.
>>
>>78337070
Finn's antagonist?
>>
Phasma barely had any lines and barely had any screentime, so why are people pretending to waifufag her?
>>
>>78337024
>>78337020
>>78337073

Thanks a lot for the feedback, always looking to improve it and make it easier to read/more useful for people.

I definitely agree about the grouping and adding things that unnecessarily take up more space. I was torn between keeping it simple, and deciding what was important enough to get its own picture, and such. And yeah, I know some of the sizing is off. I fixed most of the images that were too big/small, but some certainly slipped through.

I agree that Aftermath can be filed under one image as a trilogy, at least when it's all out. I can probably put Life Debt & Empire's End together in the meantime. Again, will probably do this with Servants of the Empire. Not sure about the "Journey to TFA" books because while they are connected, it's only loosely, and they are basically standalone books.

As for Lost Missions/TCW Movie, I agree, I will probably just lump that in with the rest of the show. They're usually just referred to as part of the show anyways.

I'll definitely make note of the Story Reels somewhere, because you're right, you do have to find them on starwars.com to see them, whereas the rest of TCW can be bought via official Blu Rays.

As for the adaptations and their canonicity, I had something about it in the old guide, but I seem to have forgotten to mention it here.

And lastly, the comics. I admit, I was absolutely lost here. I did TPB on the ongoing ones because it represented an issue count of 12 Issues (and ongoing) but I admit it comes off clunky. I'll either need to simplify that section, or go into specific detail regarding Issues.

I also wasn't sure how to handle the finished comics, so I put "concluded", but I agree, that also comes off as weird. I'll figure this out.

Again, thanks for the help!
>>
>>78337101
I like her voice
>>
>>78337071

The Republic are almost entirely shitheads.
>>
>>78337101

I want her to inspect my weapon.
>>
>>78337101
She's a girl :3
>>
>>78337101
Pussy.
Shiny. Pussy.
>>
>>78337101
>pretending
>>
>>78337101
Game of Thrones
>>
Why did everyone bully Kylo?
>>
>>78337495
He's a faggot in the fullest sense of the word

Fit only for burning
>>
>>78337495
People are determined to hate him.
I honestly don't know why.
>>
>>78337101
It's the same thing with Boba Fett
>>
>>78337509
He exists because of hack writing.
>>
>>78337509
Because he comes off as a whiny, angsty Vader fanboy throwing temper tantrums who misses the point of why and how Palpatine and Vader did what they did and is played by a scrawny guy with Prince Charles-tier facial features. He might make for an interesting character in a lit-crit sense, but he isn't necessarily an endearing character.
>>
>>78336595
I wonder if Manny Bothans will be the hero of Rogue One
>>
>>78337509
How can anyone hate him, he has a funny race
Seriously though he did what Luke couldn't.
>>
>>78337495
>>78337509
I dont hate the character, in fact he's a great one. I just think he's a huge bitch
>>
>>78337576
>race
face
>>
So Poe would originally die in the Tie Fighter crash. I guess that explains why he disappears from the narrative until the third act.
>>
>>78337566
>>78337578
Sounds like you're the problem.
>>
>>78337567
That was for Death Star Two, Manny Bothans will be in the sequel.
>>
>>78337101
Shiny female Boba. Also Ray's intolerable, people ain't rushing to claim her for a reason.
>>
>>78337593
His bromance with Finn allowed him to overcome death. Kind of funny if you think about it, he named Finn and tried to take him home with him.
>>
>>78337578
I dislike him because he's a shit character. It doesn't matter if it was intentional. Dropped.
>>
>>78337597
From my point of view, you are the problem.
>>
>>78337576
He shouldn't have taken off the helmet honestly. Thinking back on the scene where he hacked the interrogation room apart, it's kind of morbid, from the storm troopers point of view, he was probably slashing Ray to death.
>>
File: 1450657973827.jpg (269KB, 627x886px) Image search: [Google]
1450657973827.jpg
269KB, 627x886px
>>78337101
>>
>>78337660
Why do so many people have to hate on Driver's face?
Poor guy.
>>
File: 1450497553783.jpg (508KB, 1428x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1450497553783.jpg
508KB, 1428x1070px
>>78336590
>blu-rays are canon

Completely subjective. Not even really worth mentioning since they are the same movies anyways
>>
>>78337676
He looks like a young Snape with a perm
>>
>>78337676
It's inconceivable that Ford and Fisher would have a son that looks like him

But it's perfect since the character is a misbegotten Frankenstein's creature.
>>
>>78337676
Probably because Vader didn't take off his helmet until the very end and you gets to see his burned disfigured face, which was a big deal. Kylo does it. And he looks like a regular guy with some odd features and really fluffy hair. It didn't have to be a battle scarred haggard face, but it really didn't suit the theme of the character.
>>
>>78337709
That's not a bad thing.
>>
>>78337676
But he got them all good by being in Star Wars.
>>
>>78337720
But it did?
The point of the scene was to show that he's just him, a regular dude.
He only did it to get back at Rey calling him a monster.
>>
What are people most hyped for now?

>Gareth Edwards' "Rogue One"
>Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"
>Phil Lord and Chris Miller's "Han Solo"
>Colin Trevorrow's "Episode IX"
>"Boba Fett" previously directed by Josh Trank.
>Rumored "Obi-Wan Kenobi" movie
>>
>>78337729
He plays a whiny jobber though. Kids are going to put BB8 over him.
>>
>>78337722
There are no stakes, no excitement when the villain is so piss-poor

You just want the trilogy to end so the faggot can die, but he will probably be redeemed, bugger all.
>>
"That sounds so scary"
>[Unintelligible grunting]
"You must be so~ brave"
>[Unintelligible grunting while nodding]

Why was Chewie so based in this?
>>
>>78337756
But he's a good villain.
Holy shit you people.
>>
>>78337676
Even David Fincher talked about it.
>>
>>78337752
Well it is hard to beat BB-8.
>>78337756
I thought he was a good villain.
>>78337761
When is Chewie NOT based?
>>
>>78337736
Doesn't he want to be a monster though? THere's no way even he thinks what he's doing is righteous. Maybe the ends are, but he isn't. He just has a stupid looking face and the first time you see it it takes up most of the screen.
>>
>>78337765
No he's not. He can't carry three films let alone one, and Snoke is literally who and literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>78337720
>Kylo does it. And he looks like a regular guy with some odd features and really fluffy hair.
Isn't that the point?

>>78337737
Rogue One.

Though Johnson's been saying Episode VIII is going to go totally off the rails so I'm pretty excited for that
>>
Kylo kinda' reminded me of MCU's Loki, tbqh. In appearance, demeanor, story arc and tumblr appeal.
>>
>>78337787
Hux should be Thrawn
>>
>>78336590
Sorry I'm being pedantic but you spelt Sidious wrong. Good guide though anon
>>
>>78337756
But anon, I'm really interested in the villain

>>78337786
What he means is that he wanted to get back at Rey calling him out
>>
>>78337737
>Josh Trank
I don't know man, after The Fantastic Flop...
>>
>>78337765
No he's not, they made Ray too strong in contrast to him, which is really poor writing when your villian's supposed to stick around for two more movies.
>>
>>78337808
Don't insult Hiddleston
>>
>>78337786
He doesn't want to be a monster, he just wants to emulate what Vader was to people.
There was no point in being that when he was trying to pry into Rey's mind, he was trying to psych her out.
You can't honestly think that your problem with the actual actor's face has any weight on the character, can you?
>>
How the fuck is Kylo interesting when he's just a poor man's Jacen?
>>
>>78337808
Honestly I think that's what they were going for, but Loki came across as much more intelligent, which was a big part of his appeal. Kylo's like an angsty teenager.
>>
>>78337824
YOu miss the "previously" part
>>
>>78337842
But they ruined Jacen too by making him dark side.
>>
>>78337848
Oh, yeah.
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220KB, 3000x3000px
>>78337698
>>
People are just mad because they wanted Maul and we got like, half Maul and half Anakin but much better acted and doing creepy shit intentionally instead of unintentionally
>>
File: bait 1.png (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait 1.png
31KB, 625x626px
>>78337865
>>
>>78337875
>Half Maul

We got that already though
>>
>>78337834
Wasn't Vader one of the most feared people in the galaxy? Emulating Vader means establishing that fear in people.
>>
>>78337875
People are mad because they wanted Vader 2.0.
They're upset we got an actual character, rather than a walking monolith.
>>
>>78337737
Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"

Rogue One would be more interesting if we didn't know exactly how it's going to play out. The promotional picture didn't look Star Wars at all, either. No aliens, hell, it didn't even look very Sci Fi. Looked like some mechanics workshop with a bunch of dirty people hanging around.

I'm scared for Episode IX because I have no clue how they can successfully end the main saga. Return of the Jedi felt so perfect for me, and they already blew their "bigger superweapon!" load in TFA.

As for the Boba Fett and Han Solo movies, I am the opposite of hyped. I quick honestly wish they weren't a thing, and I am at least taking solace in the fact that Trank isn't doing a movie anymore.

And lastly, the Obi-Wan movie. This is one Spin-Off that I DO want, but it will probably never happen.

>>78337817
Thanks, now I feel stupid. Too much calling him Sheev I guess.
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (269KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
269KB, 637x480px
>>
>>78337834
>He doesn't want to be a monster

He's been a monster since Rey's childhood. Hence him being "conflicted" didn't really work for me.
>>
>>78337892
OH YOU
>>
>>78337875
There was very little Maul in there. I can't really think of anything above custom light sabre.
>>
>>78337894
Yeah?
Doesn't mean he would consider Vader a 'monster'.
He was probably really annoyed at Rey calling him that, and wanted to prove her wrong.
>>
Can we talk about that C3PO reveal and how perfect it was?
>>
>>78337898
>resorts to trash-talking OT characters to prop up your shit new ones

Jesus you sound like Man of Steel apologists.
>>
did anyone post the most recent Rebels UK comic, Ocean Rescue yet? i see it's not in the megaupload. i can storytime if people want
>>
>>78337737
I'm not too interested in Rogue One, but Rian Johnson Episode VIII will probably be less by the numbers than TFA was.
>>
>>78337901
I'm at a loss as to where they can go after the planet sized weapon and it getting blown up. Surely both sides are now heavily weakened?
>>
>>78337930
>implying
>>
>>78337930
Just putting ANH in solitary context, Vader kind of was a walking monolith. Of course that was the point, but there's not much going on for Vader other than evil bad guy as a character until the next movie
>>
>>78337954
I laughed when they showed how small both the Resistance and the First Order forces are.
>>
>>78337923
Monsters are more than superficial appearance. By that logic Chewie and Jar Jar could be considered monsters.
>>
>>78337954
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I am excited for Episode 8 the most. It feels like completely uncharted territory, and I don't think they'll just remake another OT movie again. That would be so incredibly disappointing that I reckon even the general audience would start to backlash.
>>
>>78337928
Don't forget to buy the new Punished C3PO action figure! Only $29.99!
>>
>>78337976
Seriously? I wanna see.
>>
>>78337954
>>78337966
It was retarded that Leia's tiny fleet could possibly threaten the Starkiler, unless it had a really undermanned TIE complement.
>>
I feel that TFA had to be the, as Full of Sith so greatly put it, a "Greatest Hits compilation of the OT" because the next movies will go in a completely batshit direction. They've really already used all the POTTERY they can from the OT
>>
>>78337968
Yeah, you're not wrong.
But Kylo wouldn't hold that same conception, he idolizes Vader, and wants to be like him.
Calling him a monster would be like insulting Vader to him.
He wanted to get in her head man, a wall can't fuck with people the way an actual person can.
>>
>>78337976
Speaking of which, they fixed his arm in the end. I wonder what took them so long?

>>78337982
Well they were being funded by the New Republic and it's not like they were a threat at all as much as the threat of Luke Skywalker was the real danger
>>
File: Evangelion-3.0.png (387KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion-3.0.png
387KB, 630x420px
>>78337986
>because the next movies will go in a completely batshit direction.

Good
>>
>>78337966
It's one of the things I liked about the movie and something I wish they'd discussed more. The Emperor's death, the destruction of the second Death Star and the rebel victory would obviously have a crushing impact on troop morale and general ability to function with the old Empire's m.o. So when Finn rebels at first I can understand it, but I really wish there'd been more deserters mentioned, that this was becoming a problem.

On another note, the way Finn and Ray behave I really think they should have swapped roles; FInn's way too easy going for a lifetime spent in military service and Ray's wound way too tight for a life spent in scavenging on a desert planet.
>>
>>78338015
No fuck you
>>
>>78338015
I love this movie and I can never find anyone else who does.
>>
>>78337101
Because tall women are rare and Christie is an ok actress, and because almost every single one faceless/alien secondary villain in this franchise is bound to end up having fans anyway, looking at how /co/ seems to like Grievous, Trench and most of the bounty hunters a lot.
>>
>>78337986
You summed up my feelings exactly. The only reason I am not completely upset with TFA being "Pottery: The Movie", is because I know that they're going to HAVE to surprise us next time.
>>
>>78338030
>/co/ seems to like Grievous
Uh, we like to laugh at Grievous. I don't know about "like" him
>>
>>78338028
Anno is depressed and is holding off 3.0 + 1.0
>>
>>78338049
Anon, you know he's having fun and voiceacting and making a new Godzilla movie, right?
>>
>>78338000
>he idolizes Vader, and wants to be like him.

But whyyyyy.

The OT trio just looked like monumental chumps by letting the status quo happen, to their own combined family no less. Better if it was just an outside force nobody expected like Snoke, but with his own Vader clone he raised himself.
>>
>>78338043
I'd say he's more liked than Maul, but yeah, it's usually either this or appreciating his fight sequences in the Tartakovsky toon.

Trench and probably Durge do have a sincere following here though.
>>
>>78338063
>But whyyyyy.
Yeah, that's the problem I have with Kylo, a lot of the buildup seems to have happened in an entire different movie.
>>
>finish Tarkin
>love the vader/emperor dialogue, lore and shenanigans
>aw yee lords of the sith is going to be great
>twilek soap oprea; the novel
I'm enjoying it, but it was deffo marketed as something different
>>
>>78338063
Because he wants to be stronger for reasons we probably won't figure out until later, realized the Light Side wasn't enough, got seduced by Snoke and realized the Dark Side and his grandpa were cooler. They really made this all clear in the movie, we just needed more finer details
>>
>>78337101
Borba Fett
>>
>>78337972
Maybe they'll reduce things a bit? Of using the movie on Ray and Luke, Luke's resistance to moving back, Ray needing training. It might be interesting to let things play out in the background for part of them movie, then one back to the active part of the galaxy and see how things are going. Still, it's weird that Leia didn't go with Ray. I know she's a general, but still, bringing back Luke is important.

>>78337982
They really should have had a better explanation for The First Order not obliterating most of the first wave of X-wings, or have more X-wings.
>>
>>78338072
People like Maul in TCW last I checked. Of course in solely movie context, Maul is complete shit.
>>
>>78338063
Vader was strong, he accomplished things, and he was his grandfather?
What other reason do you need to idolize someone?
Remember that Snoke had been on him since he was a child, whispering in his ear.
He built up this thought in Kylo's mind, that he deserved to rule, like Vader.
Kylo finds the Light to be the cancer, to be what corrupted, and ultimately killed, Vader.
>>
>>78337930
Vader wasn't that great in ANH. He became a much more interesting and fleshed out character in TESB and I think Kylo got off to a good start. If they flesh out his back story and his motivations a bit more and make him stronger and more badass, he could become the GOAT Star Wars villain/antagonist/anti hero
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1280x1735px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1280x1735px
>>78337946
im going to assume people missed this since the thread is moving quickly and post it anyway, since it's not in the mega
>>
>>78338063
Partially the grandfather relationship.
>>
>>78338104
In solely movie context you could merge him and Grievous in one character and nobody would really notice much of a change.

He's alright in CW, though. Worse than Cad, Ventress or even Trench, but not horrible.
>>
>>78338109
>Remember that Snoke had been on him since he was a child, whispering in his ear.
how do you know that
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 1280x1746px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 1280x1746px
>>78338125
>>
So how long until the Star Wars Anthology: Kylo trilogy with lots of PT POTTERY?
>>
>>78338141
Leia said that in the movie, but I'm pretty sure it was just a poetic metaphor
>>
>>78338141
The guide, maybe?
Did Leia say it in the movie?
An interview?
I don't remember honestly, I just remember I read/heard it somewhere.
>>
>>78338037
The question is, can these characters stand on their own two feet and can they measure up to the original trilogy's cast. So far, outlook's not so good.
>>
>>78338149
All she said was this 'it was snoke'
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 1280x1721px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 1280x1721px
>>78338145
>>
There sure were a lot of iconic scenes in the trailers that weren't in the movie.

"Who are you"
"I'm no one"
>>
>>78338173
Maz giving Leia the lightsaber wasn't in it either.
>>
File: 4.jpg (1MB, 1280x1752px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1MB, 1280x1752px
>>78338167
>>
>>78338173
>Kylo whipping out his saber in the forest
>>
>>78338187
That one I'm pretty sure was just like a teaser for what would be the real fight in the movie, but that completely killed a lot of speculation that there might be something buried under the tree
>>
File: 5.jpg (962KB, 1280x1721px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
962KB, 1280x1721px
>>78338184
>>
OFFICIAL TFA CHARACTER RANKINGS:

>God tier
Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron
Traitor trooper

>Good tier:
Finn
BB-8
Han Solo
Chewbacca

>Mid tier
Rey
Leia Organa
General Hux

>Low tier
Maz Kanata
Phasma

>Not enough screen time to judge yet
Luke Skywalker
Snoke
>>
>>78338206
>>Low tier
>Maz Kanata
Nah, she was fine. At least mid
>>
>>78338200
>Muh art
>>
>>78338206
Push Leia down, push Rey up, otherwise great
>>
>>78338206
>Maz in low tier
>Phasma anywhere but in "not enough screen time to judge yet"
>>
>>78338206
Put Finn in God-tier.
Drop Leia to Low.
Move Maz up to Mid.
>>
>>78338206
Move Phasma and Maz and Rey up, there was no low tier characters in this movie.
>>
File: 6.jpg (1MB, 1280x1747px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1MB, 1280x1747px
>>78338200
>>
>>78338200
Lol, as an actual licensed diver, this is why you have secondary regulators.
>>
>>78337617
Reys my waifu. I like quirky grils with abandonment issues.
>>
File: 7.jpg (1MB, 1280x1758px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1MB, 1280x1758px
>>78338231
>>
File: 8.jpg (1MB, 1280x1734px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1MB, 1280x1734px
>>78338248
>>
>>78338247
>quirky
More like constantly pissed off. Her actress was so shrill, how could you stand that?
>>
File: 9.jpg (1MB, 1280x1755px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
1MB, 1280x1755px
>>78338267
>>
File: 10.jpg (1MB, 1280x1717px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
1MB, 1280x1717px
>>78338296
>>
>>78338225
Traitor? You mean Phasma?

Because I think she might have, at least by inaction or grudging cooperation, betrayed the First Order.

I get the idea that Storm Troopers are supposed to be pretty fanatical and disdainful of their own lives. She should have called their bluff/been perversely difficult towards them.

But she wasn't. Sure, Chewy had her good, and they had a gun to her head, but again, I get the feeling the "right" and "loyal" thing to do would have been to say "squeeze the trigger" or "what, do it! I'm not helping you Rebel Scum!". Or you know, just intentionally jamming them up even if she got shot in the back by tripping an alarm.

But what she does is turn off the shield and allow them to put her in a trash compactor.

I think she was having doubts (maybe because of Finn, also because she's unusually independent and has an actual NAME unlike most Stormtroopers) and did less than she was supposed to. Possibly because honestly, she doesn't like what the First Order does, and particularly because she didn't like the Star Killer. That's not honorable or decent. It's not FIGHTING the enemy.

butchering civilians isn't fighting either. How does that restore order? It's just terror.
>>
File: 22b.png (167KB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
22b.png
167KB, 245x360px
>>78337101
Because Gwen is cute and like someone said already tall women are rare
>>
>>78337954
Starkiller Fleet.

Star-destroying kamikaze bombers.
>>
>>78338315
According to the guidebook Phasma believes in military drill and martial pride for the sake of those values alone and doesn't really venerate the Imperium, you might be onto something.
>>
>>78338206
>>God tier
>Kylo Ren

Let the bait flow through you.
>>
>>78337737
>>Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"
This one. Would prefer Nolan for Episode 9 tho.
>>
>>78337954
GUNDAMS
>>
File: 11.jpg (1MB, 1280x1804px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
1MB, 1280x1804px
>>78338307
>>
>>78337954
Well, remember that super Kyber Crystal Obi-Wan and Anakin found?

They found one the size of a planet.
>>
>>78338355
with Clone Anakin as their Quattro Vagina
>>
File: 12.jpg (1MB, 1280x1727px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
1MB, 1280x1727px
>>78338362
the end
>>
>>78337954
If we really need to go the "sequels need a bigger immediate threat" route they could just make Snoke a Darth Nihilus tier force user instead of having another superweapon. But that could easily be executed poorly
>>
>>78338335
Ok, how about, wait for it... Galaxy Killer! THe weapon to literally destroy existance itself! Like the ending to the last Ideon movie.
>>
>>78338374
Sabine fucks up

The comic
>>
>>78337737
>Boba Fett

And here I was hoping the new EU won't be full of Fett wankery... Unless it's just a movie about either the ep V bounty hunter squad or bounty hunters in general and Fett is just the central character.

Bossk and Zuckuss/4-LOM are better than Fett imo. Only Dengar is worse, and IG-88 is on par with him.
>>
>>78338341
>Not liking best character

GUUUAAAARRDS!!!
>>
>>78338284
He thinks she's cute and is willing to put it with it
>>
>>78337954
logically, if the First Order is a neo-imperial junta, there may be other such juntas in other parts of the galaxy. the new republic doesnt seem like it controls the entire galaxy, so there may be other legitimate multi-system governments out there as well. what i would like to see, but know won't happen, would be for the republic remnant (remember, hosnian prime was only the CURRENT capital), resistance, and other groups (maybe something like the hapes confederation or even the "reformed" imperial center if they still exist and hold coruscant?) against the "terrorist" neo-imperials in the outer rim and unknown regions
>>
>>78338399
Boba's too loved by the fans not to be used. If they changed the Storm Trooper gear and Gave C3PO a new arm for the sake of merch you can bet we'll see the highest selling figure's character again.
>>
>>78338415
We know for sure Hutt space is governing itself from the guidebook, so there are definitely more factions.
>>
Does anybody love how the First Order is apparently completely used to Kylo's shit? Hux easily banters with him, the guy who first reports to him that the fugitives escaped just kind of stands there and the Stormtroopers seeing his other rage moment are just like "Welp, he's doing it again, let's just not go that way".

It's like when they are given the job they are told "okay so we have this guy, our leader, Kylo Ren, black cape and mask. There's like a 50% chance he'll go on some kind of rage spree. The best thing to do is just to let him let it all out. He'll stop eventually. Might choke you though"
>>
So I think Snoke had Starkiller base built with the intention of it doing it's job (take out the senate) and then be destroyed.
I have two major reasons for this:
>The weapon is built on a planet with no kind of propulsion or hyper drive capabilities that can be seen. This means once it eats the sun it orbits, its either out of bullets forever or for a very very long time. I think the reason the sun is so small after the planet implodes is because half (or more) of it had already been used in the shot against the Republic.
>The destruction of 4(?) planets and then the destruction of a giant base is a tremendous loss of life. If the force really is stronger then it was in the past, that is going to be one hell of a mental blow to Luke. Just remember Yoda as the Jedi began to be killed in order 66, it seems to be so bad it had physical effects as well.

To me, Snoke made this weapon with the intention to destroy the bulk of his political resistance, any new Republic ships and then to further damage Luke's psyche.

I know that it would be more effective to just build a better weapon that could keep on destroying planets, but the New Order has limited resources that it could work with and the Starkiller Base was the best it could do.
>>
File: tumblr_nzn914r4to1qevxako1_1280.jpg (177KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzn914r4to1qevxako1_1280.jpg
177KB, 1280x700px
>Simpsons predicted Star War VII vs Alvin & the Chipmunks.
>>
>>78338435
>>78338415
Zann Consortium
Zann Consortium
Zann Consortium

Please please have Zann Consortium
>>
>>78338415
I'm not sure we've got the right format for another galactic war, as much as I'd like it. We'd need a to series with very high production values to do it justice in a visual medium, or a set of good writers for a novelisation. I like your point though, with the two previously most dominant factions having hit each other really hard, there's a new opportunity for a third faction to make a claim for supremacy.
>>
>>78338432
I'm actually curious when did it start - I'm fairly certain right after ep V he and Bossk had comparable popularity looking at action figures alone, but by the time of the prequels it was basically all Boba, with the rest having maybe two or three stories.

>>78338446
Yup, I liked it a lot too.
>>
>>78338450
That's strangely prophetic

>Episode VII: The Apology
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>78338206
Put Hux in good tier, if only for that super-hammy speech.
>>
>>78338452
I want to see a faction venerating Trench or some other separatist leader.
>>
Rae Sloane should totally survive Jakku and go on to stage a coup in the center, becoming the one to sign the Galactic Concordance and therby fully becoming our new Pellaeon
>>
>>78338469
The Christmas special
>>
>>78338450
>It's real

Oh wow
>>
>>78338446
They probably all know he's Snoke's boy and basically untouchable. They put him on equal billing to the commander.
>>
>>78338482
still waiting for the logical reintroduction of neo-Separatists into the Galactic Civil War
>>
>>78338499
Maybe in Rebels?

The problem is that barely any prominent separatists were kept alive, I guess.
>>
>>78338446
I took it as him being a part of the FO for a while.
I like the idea that he's actually a part of it, and everyone's used to it.
>>
>>78338506
Sheev was pretty good at making sure all the CIS were disposed of.
>>
>>78338469
I think it was after episode 6. My friend's brother was at the right age to get hooked on Star Wars when the OT came out and said the combination bounty hunter, jet pack, pistol, gadgets and being able to follow the millennium falcon put him in a old, more reachable position. Vader was awesome, but in a different league to mere mortals. Boba' something you COULD become with the right gear and training.
>>
>>78338506
Trench ought to still be somwhere, just with even more prosthetics. Lightsaber to the chest clearly wasn't enough to kill him
>>
>>78338499
Didn't Anakin kill all of them? Also, why would the Empire let neo separatists even run around?
>>
>>78338469
I have no clue and I actually had no idea people like Boba more than the rest prior to becoming more aware of the online fandom in... 2007 or so, I think? But then as a kind I mostly liked Zuckuss because he was a cool bug so I'm hardly a good example since he's easily among the least popular of them
>>
>>78338533
Gotta keep a controllable threat around to reinforce the need for your own despotic rule.
>>
>>78338021
>Ray's wound way too tight for a life spent in scavenging on a desert planet.

Because of the implication. Pretty girl, alone on a planet filled with desperate scavengers.
>>
>>78338533
Technically not the CW cartoon-only ones and it seems the banking clan was kept around later on, but yeah, all the promnent ones died on screen.
>>
>>78338560
But most of them were Ayy lmaos, they don't give a crap what she looks like. Too bad her staff fighting abilities couldn't be transferred to good acting.
>>
Across the stars is still one of the greatest bits of music Williams has ever made. I wish he still had that spark.
>>
>>78338533
i said neo-Separatists, not Separatists. the Separatist movement took over half the galaxy it's not like there weren't sympathizers or people who believed in the cause, like Kleeve for example. with the Galactic Civil War, there could/should still be pockets of resistance somewhere in the big wide galaxy who never gave up, or who use the resentment from the loss to reignite the cause in alliance with the Rebel Alliance or just using the situation to their own benefit

if the TCW show could add an entire third faction to the Clone Wars in the form of the Shadow Collective, i dont think it should be too weird to have a minor third faction involved in the GCW in the form of neo-separatists
>>
What do you guys think of the Rey is a Kenobi theory?
>>
Somebody knows what is the weapon behind the A280?
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (128KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
128KB, 720x304px
Did anyone else find it weird that Leia went directly to comfort Rey without even acknowledging Chewbacca walking by?

The most significant person in both of their lives just died and they don't even look at each other.
>>
>>78338348
>Nolan

No.
>>
>>78338630
Shit, just as bad as Luke is Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78338284
>that time she bypassed the compressor
>that smile and look of wonder whenever she sees something new
Sure she had angsty moments but she was a qt.
>>
>>78338643
She's looking out for her niece. I'm more annoyed she didn't go support Han's real other half Chewie.
>>
>>78338643
I think Chewie wanted to be by himself if the next scene is any indication
>>
>>78338630
I doubt it.
>>
are the new character books already avalible?
>>
Why do you think the music of when Rey meets Luke has the Imperial March inside it?
>>
File: T-21.png (165KB, 548x296px) Image search: [Google]
T-21.png
165KB, 548x296px
>>78338638
Looks like this piece of shit gun from Battlefront.
>>
The movie isnt as great as everyone is saying, Ive watched it 4 times so far(only once in theater) and it gets far less watchable with every viewing.

I can watch ANH dozens of times but TFA will not stand on its own. Mainly for the fact it has so many wink wink references to the OT its almost jarring and ruins immersion. The whole thing feels like a fan wank.

Hopefully the Ben Solo story line will redeem the new trilogy. I will be more forgiving if there is some originality and world building in epsisode VIII.

I give it a 7/10
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 421x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 421x304px
That moment when you realize that there are currently three canon versions of episode IV

A New Hope
The interdictor episode of Rebels
And TFA

How do you feel, /co/?
>>
>>78338717
It doesnt
>>
What are the final opinions of The Force Awakens? Rate 1-10.
>>
>>78338643
Im sure Chewie feels some resentment that Leia sent Han on this mission to bring back Ben which led to his death
>>
>>78338762
6 or 7
>>
>>78338762
High8
>>
>>78338762
>>
>>78338762
see
>>78338736
>>
>>78338762
>>
File: A280_blaster_rifle.jpg (43KB, 1009x427px) Image search: [Google]
A280_blaster_rifle.jpg
43KB, 1009x427px
>>78338638
Looks like an M16 to me.
>>
>>78338768
I can see Chewie caring for Ben as much as Han or Leia. In the old EU he was very attached to their kids.
>>
>>78338747
TFA is more like the OT as a whole than just solely ANH
>>
>>78338736
I think the movie is as great as many are saying. Some are saying it's the best SW movie ever, which I absolutely don't agree with but I do think a majority of people agree it can stand up with the OT. At the very least I liked it more than ROTJ.

Unless you run into one of those people who would put ANH in the low tier of SW movies which is just weird
>>
File: 1364889937308.jpg (54KB, 444x337px) Image search: [Google]
1364889937308.jpg
54KB, 444x337px
>>78338762
>>
>>78338718
Anon, not only is the A280 also in Battlefront, its the Default weapon on the Rebels side...

T21-B master race.
>>
File: GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png (212KB, 369x394px) Image search: [Google]
GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png
212KB, 369x394px
>>78338762
8.5/10.
>>
>>78338630
>Rey is a Kenobi theory?

Kylo Ren definitely has history with her, and she is almost certainly a survivor of Luke's Jedi Academy.

And she was not raised by Max Von Sydow's character, but sold to Unkar Plutt.

It gets very cumbersome to explain how she'd be related to Obi-Wan or Luke. It just remains to be seen.
>>
>>78338835
I would. As a self contained movie A New Hope is great, but as a part of a saga like that it feels like a weak link.
>>
>>78338646
Why not?
>>
>>78338348
Do you really want "Episode III: The Dark Star Wars Rises"?
>>
>>78338762
7.8 too much callbacks.
>>
>>78338736
>it gets far less watchable with every viewing.

I can barely watch the originals anymore because I know every beat of the story.

That's not an indicator of quality.
>>
What do we actually know about "Episode VIII"?

>Rey, Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, Chewie, BB-8, C-3PO, R2-D2, Kylo, Hux, Phasma and Snoke will all presumably be back.

>They're reportedly casting an evil politician played by Benicio Del Toro, a Resistence warrior played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw that might be Finn's love interest, a female "cute idealist with a dark secret", the leader of a band of merciless warriors, and two bounty hunter brothers, one of which might be a Jedi.

>More on the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>78338864
ANH is a weak link in a saga where the prequels exist, yeah sure. ANH is the weak one
>>
What would you call episode 8 and why?
>>
>>78338881
>tell me about Phasma, why does she wear the mask
>>
File: HAHA shiba.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HAHA shiba.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>78338864
>but as a part of a saga like then it feels like a weak link.

It is the saga. It is the defacto Star Wars movie.

It's better made and directed than nearly every other film in the series, second to Empire.

Weak link my ass.
>>
>>78338912
>The Hunt For More Money
>>
>>78338912
Star Wars The First Order Strikes Back
>>
>>78338870
Nolan's style is all wrong.
>>
>>78338942
I'm just trying to imagine William's doing the Inception Horn.
>>
>>78338905
>and two bounty hunter brothers, one of which might be a Jed

So these guys will be the new Boba Fett?
>>
>>78338912
>Episode VIII: Wrath of the First Order.
>Episode IX: Ressurgence of the Order.
>>
>>78338942
Nolan's style would be perfect. For the prequels.

No I'm serious
>>
>>78338905
>a Resistance warrior played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw that might be Finn's love interest

Gugu was on the short list but apparently didn't make it. Also she'd be nearly a decade older than John Boyega which is verboten in Hollywood.

My fingers are crossed for Gina Rodriguez.
>>
File: get out.jpg (102KB, 689x517px) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
102KB, 689x517px
>>78338907
>>78338929
Back to /tv/ with you lot.
>>
>>78338962
>Two "orders"
No.

Resurgence of the Light sounds better (or Dark depending on whether they want to end this trilogy in an ROTS downer way)
>>
>>78338961
Phasma is the new Boba. These two will share the function of being the new Wedge.
>>
>>78338976
I'm pretty sure calling ANH low-tier or a "weak link in the saga" would get you laughed out of /tv/ too.

Like I don't know what you're comparing it too but I'm assuming you're saying any of the prequels are better than ANH which is stupid and wrong
>>
>>78338984
I was trying to be poetic.
>>
>>78338968

Thinking about it you've got a strong point

though there's still the problem of no one buying the romance that doomed the galaxy
>>
>>78338984
>(or Dark depending on whether they want to end this trilogy in an ROTS downer way)
There was no other way for the prequels to end, really. We knew what they would have to accomplish (kill Jedi, start the Empire, Anakin goes Vader) and there is no way to do that anything other than dark or extremely bittersweet.
>>
>>78338972
Jane, the Virgin? Might be cool.
>>
>>78338988
>Phasma is the new Boba

I always see people say that and I laugh. Phasma is there to be the a figure of Authority for Finn and the new Stormtroopers.

She is nothing like Boba Fett and doesnt fit into his role at all. Yes she was made to sell toys but her being "the new Boba fett" is definitely all wrong

If there is going to be a new Boba it wont be until the next movie
>>
>>78338907
Did you not read what anon said? He just means that all the movies connect as a saga, but ANH feels more like it stands on its own, which makes sense, because it came first.

Although I disagree with him. TPM seems further from the rest of the Saga.

>>78338912
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Day of the Knights.

Follows the 4-word pottery, is a play on "night" and day, and references the fact that a big part of the movie is obviously going to be about the Knights of Ren fucking shit up.
>>
>>78339006
That's Lucasfilm's job.
>>
>>78338988
Phasma is the new Grievous, Crimson Corsair is the new Fett

I really hope those guys will be aliens. I was rather underwhelmed with the Kanjiklub and the second bounty hunter team.
>>
File: 1441106430783.gif (2MB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
1441106430783.gif
2MB, 450x371px
>demilitarizing
>while the Empire still exists
>>
>>78338962
>Resurgence

That's the subtitle for the new Independence Day movie. I don't think that's viable.

Phantom Menace/A New Hope/The Force Awakens don't line up at all.

There's not really a way to parallel Attack of the Clones to Empires Strikes Back either.

It'll be called whatever is appropriate.
>>
>>78338912
The Desolation of Snoke
>>
My theory on where the new trilogy is going and where it came from:
I believe that at some point Luke had a daughter and trained a new generation of Jedi. Ben Solo grew very jelous of his cousin who despite being (ten years?) younger was already surpassing him in terms of force mastery. This begins the downfall of Ben and birth of Kylo Ren. Ben begins to fall to the dark side and is influenced by Snoke at some point that he could be as powerful as Vader and that the light is holding him back. Some shit goes down and the Knights of Ren of formed and assault the temple. In Reys flashback we see a knight of ren take a swing at her who is stabbed in the back by Kylo. I believe that it's the light inside kylo that prevents hI'm from letting his cousin die. Instead he takes Luke's child and sells her off to the scavengers on Jakku. This keeps her away from Luke and keeps her out of his way. He probably mind wiped her at some point too, and her memory of the force only started to come back after her flashback.

Maybe I'm reaching. What do you guys think?
>>
>>78338988
'no'
>>
V > IV = VII > VI > III > I = II
>>
>>78339016
I know. Which is why I'm saying "if". We don't know where this story is going. Will it end bittersweet or overly positive? Considering Disney wants to do Star Wars movies forever, there's a chance for both
>>
>>78339003
And you know I would get laughed out of /tv/ because you're from there too :^)
>>
>>78339026
I really doubt the new EU will gain a race of Gwendolines who were, like, totally better than both Jedi and Sith at everything and, like, fought the Republic so yeah, she's not new Boba. New Veers, maybe, if she won't be a joke in VIII.
>>
>>78339026
People call her the new Boba because that's what JJ called her.

And he was right
>>
>>78338912
The Order of Ren
It's going to focus much more on Kylo and his fellow knights, so it feels appropriate.
>>
>>78339026
>Cool-looking jobber with a vendetta against the Han-esque analogue.
>>
>>78338972
>>78338905
>>78339023
Anyone else hoping they cast a white blonde girl for Finns love interest?

Its 2015 for fucks sake. Why does the black character have to have someone with brown skin as their love interest?
>>
>>78339036
>we see a knight of ren take a swing at her who is stabbed in the back by Kylo
I think that was confirmed to just be some random guy because people were speculating if that was a Jedi
>>
>>78339033
Independence Day didn't invent that word, though
>>
>>78339070
Does anyone remember the rumor VII would be "The Ancient Fear"? I thought that would have been cool as fuck. Sounds cryptic.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (90KB, 762x665px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
90KB, 762x665px
>>78339063
>because that's what JJ called her

No he didnt retard. Show me a source or fuck off to /tv/

>>78339071
You are wrong, she has no vendetta, no jetpack, and isnt even a bounty hunter. If they are going to make a new Boba type you sure as hell can guarantee it will be a male character to sell toys to all the little boys.
>>
>>78339122
JJ didn't say so, the closest thing I can think of is Christie saying Fett/Phasma team-up would work in an interview.
>>
>>78339082
I'd prefer they just pair him with Rey. They were cute.

However, Rey will probably bone one of the bounty hunting Chads.
>>
>>78339122
It's what Christie called her

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/30/the-force-awakens-gwendoline-christie-compares-captain-phasma-to-boba-fett/
>>
>>78339032
The Empire got their shit kicked in hard at Jakku, not to mention they immediately started fighting amongst themselves after the treaty was signed. Demilitarizing made sense at the time, as the NR needed to focus on establishing the new government, and the Empire was too busy shooting itself in the feet to really be a threat.
>>
>>78338912
Star Wars: Jar Jar's big adventure
>>
>>78339155
They better make them descendant of Amanaman
>>
File: 8.8.jpg (32KB, 400x423px) Image search: [Google]
8.8.jpg
32KB, 400x423px
>>78338762
>>
File: jane_the_virgin-2.jpg (859KB, 2952x1968px) Image search: [Google]
jane_the_virgin-2.jpg
859KB, 2952x1968px
>>78339023
>Jane, the Virgin? Might be cool.

Yes sirree.
>>
RotS > RotJ = Empire > AotC > ANH > TPM

Don't know for sure where TFA sits yet.
>>
>>78339169
JJ never called her that though, still havent shown me a source

Just because the actress that plays her calls her a "Boba like" character doesnt make her the next Boba Fett
>>
Anyone have a scan or something of the new TFA visual dictionary?
>>
File: 8.5.png (708KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8.5.png
708KB, 1024x768px
>>78338762
>>
File: 14394007983h.jpg (50KB, 812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14394007983h.jpg
50KB, 812x1000px
>>78339189
>RotJ = Empire
>>
>>78338762
4 - below average
>>
File: 1887 was a good year.jpg (194KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1887 was a good year.jpg
194KB, 517x768px
>>78339035
>The Desolation of Snoke

top kek
>>
File: 1435298039285s.jpg (3KB, 124x121px) Image search: [Google]
1435298039285s.jpg
3KB, 124x121px
>>78339189
>Any prequel over any original
>Empire not on top
>>
>>78338762
9/10
>>
>>78339036
It's a pretty sound theory, except apparently the guy Kylo Ren kills in the vision is just some random. Pablo tweeted that his production name was just"clan leader". I actually think it would be better if Rey were his little sister, he erased her memory and his parents and then put her on Jakku to keep her from Snoke. Not out of jealousy, but because his true goal, of bringing balance to the Force like his Grandfather was supposed to do ("I will finish what you started)", has him convinced that he needs to learn from Snoke to become powerful enough to kill him. He's Jacen Solo in every way but his name, and he became a Sith to save the galaxy and protect his daughter, so it seems only logical that they'd borrow more than just the basic details from him.
>>
>>78339200
I was mistaken, I thought it was Abrams. The point was, the reason people started calling her the next Boba Fett before the movie was because she said it first
>>
I thought Kylo Ren's character was amazing. He is aspiring to be who he thinks his grandfather was, and thus puts on the mask and tries to act like a badass because thats all he knows about Vader. He is trying to bring Order to the galaxy and become a powerful darkside user because he felt he was in the shadow of both Luke and Vader his whole life. Also it is very clear that Snoke had a role in convicning Kylo that Vader is who Anakin truly was, as opposed to the terrified slave boy that he was all his life.

When Kylo isnt wearing the mask he feels naked and exposed. He feels that he is unable to project his power and carry an aura of fear when he is not wearing it. What was striking is the Kylo is very similar to his grandfather when he is not wearing the mask, but not in the way he wants. Kylo Ren, Ben Solo, is literally Anakin Skywalker during the prequels when he is not wearing the mask. He is afraid that he will never be powerful enough, and that he won't be able to bring peace and order to the galaxy. He is trying to overcompensate by hiding those feelings and hoping they go away, but he cannot; sound familiar? There is a very real inner conflict inside Kylo, and it was showcased when he broke down while contemplating killing Han, his father. There is a reason Adam Driver was cast, not for his looks, but for the fact that his voice, his mannerisms, and his line delivery are eerily similar to that of Hayden Christensen, aka his grandfather in the Star Wars Universe.

I truly hope people pick up on this and see Kylo as the tragic figure that he is. Yes he is an edgelord, but so was Anakin, and that is what makes his character so compelling. What awaits Kylo is more pain and suffering, and he is by far the most compelling character in the new trilogy IMO.
>>
>>78339189
>RotS
>Best SW movie
Okay now see, I don't hate it but are you fucking serious?
>>
File: 1445258013871.jpg (36KB, 380x439px) Image search: [Google]
1445258013871.jpg
36KB, 380x439px
>>78339189
>this entire ranking
>>
>>78338762
9/10
>>
>>78338912
Revenge of the Wookie
>>
>>78338762
10/10, so fucking good
>>
>>78339248
Kylo's an edgelord in the best way. In that he's trying way too hard to be cool like Grandpa and it's obvious to everybody but he just can't do it.
>>
>>78339173
But they knew the First Order existed and did nothing while they amassed power and resources.
>>
>>78339082
>Anyone else hoping they cast a white blonde girl for Finns love interest?

I just want one of my waifus like Gina Rodriguez or Tatiana Maslany to be in Star Wars.

>Its 2015 for fucks sake. Why does the black character have to have someone with brown skin as their love interest?

Finn/Poe had great chemistry. Chocolate and peanut butter 5ever.
>>
>>78339036
>>78339242
For whatever reason Kylo Ren protected the 10 year old Rey while they were exterminating the new Jedi Order.

Is it possible that Rey and the "Clan Leader" were just random villagers that lived on the same planet as the Jedi Academy? Kylo senses the force in her, protected her and wiped her memory away then left her on Jakku so he can one day return for whatever his motivations were.
>>
File: hhh.png (20KB, 645x239px) Image search: [Google]
hhh.png
20KB, 645x239px
Isn't this that dude who left /co/ due to people not liking his ship or something
>>
>>78339107
>Does anyone remember the rumor VII would be "The Ancient Fear"? I thought that would have been cool as fuck. Sounds cryptic.

That was a Latino Review rumor, nearly all of which were wrong.

They were unsurprisingly responsible for nearly every false rumor of the film.

Bleeding Cool had closer intel.
>>
Hey, is there anywhere I can get a download of the complete cross sections book?
>>
>>78339262
Yeah, this.

RotS was the best prequel, to be sure.

...But that's not a very high bar to clear.

And as for the original trilogy, I was under the impression that ESB>ANH>RotJ was considered objective fact.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 720x960px
>>78339248
At least he has something Vader never did. The Acusing Finger! You don't want Kylo to finger you, do you?
>>
File: 134715191513.png (69KB, 239x222px) Image search: [Google]
134715191513.png
69KB, 239x222px
>>78339319
>S/D
Oh shit, nigga, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
So what do you think is going to be the next show after Rebels?
>>
>>78339354
The completely random descriptions of poses in these books are the best
>>
>>78339242
>he erased her memory and his parents and then put her on Jakku to keep her from Snoke

That's just way too elaborate.

If Kylo can alter memories, why even allow Han and Leia to remember him? Why sell her into slavery to Unkar Plutt?

She got stranded and/or betrayed in a way that was not meant to be part of some elaborate conspiracy.
>>
>>78339370
The New: Star Wars Droids
>>
>>78339370
A cross-over universe with Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>78339319
I have no idea who that person is at all, what was his pairing?

>That avatar pic
OK, well then.
>>
>>78339319
Is his avatar an inflation fetish pic
>>
>>78339403
Either Songbird/Diamondback or Mettle/Hazmat, not sure which one was involved in the drama.
>>
File: Billy_Mitchell.jpg (456KB, 2587x3299px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Mitchell.jpg
456KB, 2587x3299px
>>78339297
The same thing happened with the Hitler and the Third Reich. No one wanted believe that it would come to another war. Anyone who did try to warn about the huge threat looming overhead were ignored, some were even condemned for it. No one listened to them until it was too late.
>>
>>78339248
Yeah, I agree, I fucking love his character. He is fascinating, badass, and really tragic. However, I don't think he's evil at all. Unlike Anakin, who was afraid of the dark side, Ben is not. He's afraid of the light, and afraid of who he really is, which is not the person he has dedicated his life to being. I have a theory that perhaps his Force abilities were awoken in him similarly to when Rey touched Anakin's Lightsaber except it was when he touched Vader's helmet. Perhaps saw Vader in visions that cast him in a different light than what he had been told all his life, so it creates doubt and distrust for his family who tells him that Anakin redeemed himself but was an evil man as Vader, yet instead he's seen Vader do honorable or perhaps even good things before his redemption. And then Snoke decided to play on that confusion in him to promote the idea that Vader was a hero to a young man just looking for something to believe in.
>>
>>78339370
>So what do you think is going to be the next show after Rebels?

Supposedly the live action tv show isn't dead.

It would be wild to see the Untold Tales of Poe, Finn, and Rey before Episode VII.
>>
File: 1449431056931.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449431056931.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>78336568
I have a question for black anons, are any of you slightly disappointed that the main protagonist of TFA was Rey and not Finn? Don't get me wrong it makes sense plotwise and its good for girls to have their own heroes to look up to. But I feel like I was HYPED up for nothing.
>>
Im starting to get sick of Rebels

The idea of a Star Wars tv series about a Jedi doesnt really work between RotS and ANH. They are very limited with what they can achieve with it. A Star Wars tv series that takes place between the movies really only works for The Clone Wars for obvious reason.

They cant even make a series between the OT and New Trilogy because it would have to focus on the OT cast and no one wants to see the OT characters touched. Especially in a kids cartoon.

Is the only hope for a good TV series something that is set in the Old Republic Era? Unfortunately I doubt Disney cares about pre prequel timeline because the lack of demand. The only people who care about this are the small niche of fans who played the video games.
>>
>>78339465
I'm not black but I was upset about this simply because Boyega is the better actor
>>
>>78339447
Yeah, that's how I saw it, and felt Mothma and most of the senate were like Neville Chamberlain in that respect.
>>
>>78339370
I'd kill for an episodic anthology show. You get Finn and Poe broing it up one episode, the next one is about Maz's space pirate adventures, then you see Phasma's exploits in the First Order, and so on.
>>
>>78339474
You can set a cartoon between any two parts of the OT. It just has to be about bounty hunters to work easily.
>>
>>78339474
That's why I look at Rebels as an alternate universe retelling of the OT, since the cast is so similar.
>>
>>78339319
Wasn't there, but yeah, Songbird/Diamondback is basically just a massive waifufag that was kicked out of the CBR forums and pretty much run out of /co/. Obsesses over a plethora of characters and is also an inflation fetishist, as made blunt by the avatar.
>>
>>78339474
>starting to get sick of Rebels
>starting
weew, senpai. The Old Republic would need to be darker in my opinion which ain't happening.
>>
>>78339332
>And as for the original trilogy, I was under the impression that ESB>ANH>RotJ was considered objective fact.

There is some kind of consensus, but filmmakers and film fans often prefer ANH over the rest for being so revolutionary and for having such an impact on our pop culture.
As a child I liked ROTJ the most because a child doesn't mind ewoks and the Luke/Vader scenes were great, especially their final duel. But most people, general audiences and Star Wars fans, love Empire more than anything else, not only because its technically the best Star Wars movie (TFA actually surpasses even Empire in some areas though), but also because this movie made Vader the most iconic villain in cinematic history. Oh, and Empire also added some interesting new concepts and ideas to the lore.
>>
File: Poe and Finn.jpg (75KB, 790x615px) Image search: [Google]
Poe and Finn.jpg
75KB, 790x615px
>>78339465
No.

It was obvious from the beginning that Finn being the Jedi was a red herring.

You don't place your main twist out in the open. It's precisely the reason why Rey was undersold in the trailers.

I'd rather Finn just be someone who finds his own place in the galaxy - he's an amazing marksman (he literally never missed a shot) and Poe could hone his skills - maybe even become a fellow pilot.

Rey can go and do her Jedi shit with Luke - I care more about Poe and Finn as characters.
>>
>>78337432

Pussy. Shiny and chrome.
>>
>>78339465
I liked Finn and how he was portrayed, and wished he got a little more screentime, and hopefully we'll see him shine in the next movie. I'm not really disappointed, I'm just wanting more.
>>
>>78339474
Rebels is a boring waste of time, a fraction of a shadow of what The Clone Wars was in every way. The characters suck and shouldn't exist, Kanan being the only interesting one, yet Filoni will find a way to keep them around past RotJ at the very least despite how entirely contradictory to the OT that would be. He will genuinely never let Ahsoka die, and it sucks that he's falling into this selfish trap of favoring his OC's when it isn't practical for the lore. I disagree however about seeing a series set between RotJ and TFA, because I want that really fucking badly. It needs to happen, there is way too much that needs to be explored in that period right now to leave it so empty.
>>
>>78336590
So Ventress book isn't canon?
>>
>>78339521
Since when does senpai change to senpai. How do
I shitpost now!?
>>
>>78339122

>Implying Phasma isn't one of the best selling toys
>Implying it's possible to find her
>>
>>78339546
what a cute couple these two make
>>
>>78339562
It is? It's called Dark Disciple, it should be there.
>>
>>78337761

He also had Max lust in after him.
>>
>>78339561
The worst part is the way they constantly shit all over the Imperials. Always destroying massive expensive equipment and winning outnumbered battles against the same commander that somehow still has a job.

Rebels is just a Saturday morning cartoon that shits on OT characters like Vader and Tarkin and doesn't really fit in the Star Wars universe.

It sucks because as a rabid Star Wars fan im almost forced to watch this if its considered canon. Ill take anything canon i can get my hands on. There needs to be a canon Star Wars series geared toward an older audience.
>>
>>78339546
I can imagine Rian Johnson's VIII focusing more on the characters and their development, kinda like TESB but maybe more comparable to movies like Pulp Fiction.

>Rey trains with Luke
>Finn, Poe and Maz go on an adventure and meet new people
>Kylo Ren tries to deal with his inner conflict and goes on his own villainous journey
>Meanwhile the Republic gets steamrolled by Snoke who finally reveals his goals
>All these plot threads are connected and build up a huge event in the third act of the movie.
>>
>>78339674
Kallus was fine in season 1 but that's about it
>>
>>78339674
>There needs to be a canon Star Wars series geared toward an older audience.

Well the live action show is being considered to resume development. That one will probably be more mature.
>>
>>78339082
>implying Poe and Finn are not endgame

The sexual chemistry was real
>>
>>78339674
But that's the catch, Star Wars aren't supposed to be for adults.
The target audience are kids and what would you expect, grey morale, complicated story?

It's all white-black. White is cool, black is evil and dumb. Kids stuff, you know.
>>
>>78339229
>Hurr Durr Empire is the best star wars I read it on buzzfeed!

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>78339715
>>Finn, Poe and Maz go on an adventure and meet new people
>>Kylo Ren tries to deal with his inner conflict and goes on his own villainous journey

Expecting the characters to go on random adventures in a 2 hour movie.

Whatever Poe and Finn do it will have to be related to the plot. Probably just more fighting against the First Order.
>>
>>78339381
I'll always remember Lando's "Winning Smile" and Bib Fortuna's "Scary Red Eyes"
>>
>>78339674
>shits on OT characters like Vader and Tarkin
How the fuck are they shit on, whenever those two are on-screen the Rebels fight for their lives. The only Imperials that got fucked over in this show were the original ones and that does anger me.
>>
>>78339715
it's gonna be rey training with luke on rakata prime ala luke and yoda in esb while kylo ren tries to hunt them down, and at the same time finn and poe go on a buddy cop-like adventure for some resistance mission, and everything intertwines in the end. kylo also probably confronts leia. thats the assumption i would make
>>
>>78339674
>shits on OT characters like Vader and Tarkin
What? The only time the Imps actually won was when Vader and Tarkin were on the case. Tarkin forced the Ghost crew into hiding, and Vader single handily mopped the fucking floor with everyone. It wasn't until they left that the Empire returned to being jobbers.
>>
>>78339754
>But that's the catch, Star Wars aren't supposed to be for adults.

This is something only delusional fans say.
Yes Star Wars toys and cartoon are geared toward children that is completely true. But they movies themselves have fans of all ages because they feature mature content and themes that can interest all ages.

If they could do this for the movies there is no reason they cant do it for a tv series. Now that the bitter George Lucas who notoriously hates his fans is out of the picture maybe we could get a good tv show aswell
>>
>>78339806
>>78339785
If two jedi were actually running around destroying all that expensive equipment you can sure expect Vader to make them his number one priority.

I doubt there are other Jedi still alive causing as much problems as the two in Rebels. If this was accurate to Vader in the movies the Ghosts crew would already be dead
>>
>>78339763
Well considering the new films apparently seem to want to copy the originals as closely as is fucking possible, they will fight the Not-Empire all movie and then get captured, forcing Rey to abandon her training with Luke and go save them.

Except there will be no consequences because it's Rey, she'll just defeat everyone again and it'll be fine
>>
>>78338483
I want her to appear in Rebels for Kanan to hit on to make her uncomfortable again.

>"Wait guys, I know this captain. Put me on the line, it'll be hilarious!"
>>
File: The Jedi.jpg (61KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
The Jedi.jpg
61KB, 640x347px
>>78339715
>>78339763
>>78339790
All I want is more character development and interactions. The Force Awakens rushed itself too quickly to establish the general premise.

Now that it's been established, hopefully VIII and IX will expand upon the interactions established between the characters.

I'd be fine if Leia and the other OT characters weren't in VIII and IX - they've had their day in the sun. I expected the Sequels to try something completely new, not play it safe regarding the OT.

Finn, Rey and Poe will all somehow be revealed to be force-sensitive, calling it now.
>>
>>78339674
>There needs to be a canon Star Wars series geared toward an older audience.
> older audiences

That will never happen, because no one will watch it. It might be popular as a novelty, but most people will only watch the movies and that's it. A small fanbase will not sustain it, and the only way it could theoretically work is if you add sex, blood and gore, and romance shit and completely change Star Wars.
>>
>>78338483
Rae Sloane is blatantly as evil and fanatical as the unnamed leader (Snoke?) she's following in the end of Aftermath.
>>
>>78339858
I wouldn't be surprised if Finn was. He certainly wielded that lightsabre like a jedi
>>
File: Jedi and Sith.jpg (944KB, 4287x2202px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi and Sith.jpg
944KB, 4287x2202px
What is so hard about creating a completely new adventure regarding Star Wars?

Much like how the prequels established a world based around the stagnation of a dying republic and complacent Jedi Order.

The sequels could've taken place far in the future, in a world where the Jedi/Sith experience some resurgence, but were both targets for some even greater threat.

Something that could've force the entire galaxy to work together.

But not the Yuuzhan Vong - fuck those guys.
>>
File: Maz_Kanata.png (547KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
547KB, 500x684px
Maz Kanata spin-off/book/comic/whatever when?
>>
>>78339717
What happened to Kallus was bullshit, I wasn't really a fan of him but him going from a fairly competent Rebel Hunter to what he is now, a joke of a character that never wins and loses in embarrassing ways, is a joke.
>>
>>78339465

Finn was a great character and I found the fact that he wasn't a Jedi and ultimately gets his shit kicked in to be the films only real "twist".

I was pleased nontheless. Similar to how Lando was just so much fun that I could easily overlook his brief betrayal of Han.
>>
>>78339874
>because no one will watch it.

This is just wrong and you know it. Do you not notice the amount of Normies that got back into Star Wars recently?

It may not have worked a few years ago because no new movies and everyone hated the PT. Its a different time now, look at how popular fantasy shows like GoT are to normies. GoT is a fantasy that revolves around character relations and drama just like Star Wars.

If GoT can work, so can Star Wars on a channel like Starz or FX. It doesnt need to be gorey and incluce tons of sex, because its Star Wars and the name alone sells
>>
>>78339942
Kallus is Phasma's father, calling it
>>
>>78339874
A live action Netflix Star Wars series with more mature stories would outperform anything and everything Marvel they've done, and those shows BTFO every other Netflix original in terms of viewership. And no, it shouldn't have sex, swearing, or anything like that. Just not Saturday morning cartoon tier stories where everyone is a bumbling idiot and nothing at all matters. Make it on par with the storytelling in the films and no darker than The Clone Wars got and it would absolutely be successful.
>>
File: Vader - 1.jpg (78KB, 1018x433px) Image search: [Google]
Vader - 1.jpg
78KB, 1018x433px
In my theatre, people were gasping when Kylo stopped the plasma bolt in mid-air.

Do they not remember the time where Vader absorbed multiple bolts with his bare fucking hands?
>>
>>78339811
>Now that the bitter George Lucas who notoriously hates his fans is out of the picture maybe we could get a good tv show aswell
You do know Lucas funded TCW himself with approx $1Mil per episode? Does that sound like someone who hates his fans?

Since he left, we have gotten a fun, but undeniably much inferior show.

Need I remind you Lucas did also have plans for a Live-Action show?

I dont understand why Lucas became this huge fucking boogeyeman when all he ever did was try and give more. No wonder he left.
>>
>>78339918
>anon can't into pottery
Star Wars isn't about the univers and all of history. It's about the Skywalkers.
>>
>>78339893
she's evil, yes, but she's "lawful evil". she's not like hux brand of crazy BLOW UP EVERYTHING evil. she is mostly a careerist up until The Levers of Power, then is forced into a position of extreme importance once Piett dies and the Executor burns. she didnt believe in carving out fiefdoms like people like Pandion, she wants what she thinks is best for the Empire. if they go down at Jakku, i could imagine her seeing the writing on the wall and determining that the only way to preserve the imperial center is to sign the concordance. i dont really see her as the type to fight with fanatical zeal like Nash Windrider
>>
>>78339940
Maz Kanata and Chewbacca romantic comedy SOON
>>
>>78339465
I'm a black anon who hasn't seen the movie yet. I'm disappointed too that they made a big deal out of a black man being in Star Wars only for him not to be the lead. But at least tell me that Finn is given some bad ass things to do right? Please tell me he doesn't just do something like lose an arm to Kylo Ren or cometh my humiliating like that.
>>
>>78339960
Robot Hand, anon. Big difference.
>>
>>78339960
There is something a tad more outlandish about holding it in the air while also paralyzing the person shooting it.
>>
>>78339962
Lucas was always taking jabs at his fanbase and trying to take blame away for his shit opinions by saying "Star Wars is really for children"

He could handle people criticizing him so he made silly excuses like that
>>
>>78339962
per Kennedy, the live action show is still in the works in some fashion. whether that means they want to reuse the stories in some other fashion like books or comics or if they actually want to somehow get the show itself going, i dont know
>>
>>78339960
Yeah but that was still an impressive bit of force using that hadn't been seen previously
>>
>>78339417
>>78339319
>>78339361
>>78339431

S/D is a weirdly fixated libertarian who is unsurprisingly into inflation
>>
>>78339942
Kallus is literally more ineffectual than Grievous at this point and the Rebels villains might as well be Megatron and Cobra Commander.
>>
File: George.jpg (63KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
George.jpg
63KB, 620x387px
>>78339962
It's all because of the Prequels.

Regardless of whatever else he does - people will irrationally despise him for a mistake he made 16 years ago.

The man wanted to explore his universe and create some world-building. He should've had co-writers and people he trusted to direct.

Hell, even Jar Jar wasn't needed, but if that crack-theory is correct, then we were robbed of Jar Jar's true character.

this is the perfect example of what fame can do to a person. Make one mistake (I want to create a set of prequels), and every one will crucify you for it.

That and the Christmas special.
>>
>>78339918
If they do continue the main story Im sure the story line for the next trilogy would have a plot device similar to the Vong.

Basically a way to have both sides of the force have to work together to stop some sort of outside threat.
>>
>>78339993
Dude, Finn is the fucking man and spends more time being the lead than Rey does who he splits the protagonist bill with. Poe is the one who fits more as a deuteragonist.
>>
>>78339811

A good Star Wars tv adaptation would need a ridiculous budget. Otherwise you could expect almost no aliens and very few battle scenes involving vehicles.

That's why they keep making animated shows, and since action-adventure animation is for kids (or so the execs say) then it will be marketed at kids.
>>
>>78339993
finn is a co-lead. Rey is "the" lead, but Finn is the second most important new character in the movie and he acts as the audience surrogate. he does a lot of dumb stuff but he also does a lot of awesome stuff. very fun character. in regards to the duel he loses to Kylo, gets stabbed in the shoulder and slashed in the back and knocked out, but he doesn't lose any limbs.

the good thing with Finn is that he is a genuine character and doesn't conform to the three existing stereotypes that are otherwise usually available to black characters: total clown, badass, or suave guy. he's very much a unique individual and his character arc is still going to go through changes and growth in the next two movies. i wouldnt worry about him.
>>
>>78339993
>Please tell me he doesn't just do something like lose an arm to Kylo Ren or cometh my humiliating like that.

He's the main character for a lot of the movie. He gets a whole lot of stuff to do, flying, shooting, jumping, and more than one ligthsaber fight.

He straight up shanks a guy with a ligthsaber. It's awesome.
>>
>>78339946
>Do you not notice the amount of Normies that got back into Star Wars recently?
They got back into the movies, a thing you can watch once or twice and then it's done and over with. You're asking people to sit down and watch something over an extended period of time and to care about it.

>It doesn't need to be gorey and include tons of sex
But that's what will have to be done to get those 'normies' in the seats to watch it, it would have to be changed from the Star Wars we know and love to a hollow thing that would entice the people that have never seen Star Wars, it's settings and concepts. It would be butchered to be understood by all. Like how GOT is.
>>
>>78339600
They were good friends
>>
>>78339918
>tfw I unironically love the Yuuzhan Vong and really want them to come back
>tfw Filoni still wants to make it happen somehow after not getting to do the arc he had been planning for them in TCW
There is yet hope!
>>
>>78340045
>A good Star Wars tv adaptation would need a ridiculous budget. Otherwise you could expect almost no aliens and very few battle scenes involving vehicles.

Star Wars would be super easy on a tv budget. The mega space battles and huge sets would be out, but as long as they reused sets and had a strong core cast they could basically get the feel down.
>>
>>78339993

Finn is the co-lead. He just isn't a co-Jedi.
>>
File: Finn.jpg (25KB, 938x528px) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
25KB, 938x528px
>>78339993
If it helps, Finn's character wasn't even supposed to be black originally. He was conceived as a white character IIRC.

The whole deal about Finn being cast as a black person was made a big deal when /tv/-/pol/ made a big deal about it.

Finn's a Kyle Katarn expy
>Began as a stormtrooper
>Defects to the good guys
>Discovers that he has force powers
>Is taught by Luke

It's like Poetry - it Rhymes.
>>
>>78339993
He is essentially a sidekick/comic relief character

he fights with a lightsaver twice and gets his ass kicked. He loses to a Stormtrooper the first time and then gets put into a coma and sliced up by Han Solos son who just got seriously injured and was bleeding out by Chewbacas bowcaster
>>
>tfw no D-Squad spinoff series
>>
>Cross-sections book mentions Interdiction fields
I hope this means we will get to see them again in the future, outside of Rebels.
>>
>Three years after the destruction of the Starkiller Base, the Resistence has been driven from their former base on D'Quar by the First Order. General Leia leads a contingent including Finn and Poe Dameron in a new base on the fiery planet Kul. The First Order Fleet, led by Kylo Ren, who has completed his training with Supreme Leader Snoke, locates them through Kylo's connection to his mother through the Force.

>While investigating a potential TIE fighter sighting, Finn is ambushed by a monstrous Scrin. He manages to escape from its cave using the Force, but soon suffers from the scorching wasteland temperatures. He is found by Poe, who brings him back to base to recover.

>The First Order launches a large-scale attack, using gigantic AT-AT Walkers to capture the base. Finn, Poe and Leia escape on a freighter with C-3PO and Chewbacca, but the ship does not possess a hyperspace drive, leaving them vulnerable.
>>
>>78340009
She said they aren't throwing away the scripts. They never do. Pablo and Filoni have said the same thing. Stories, designs, everything, its never trashed, just put on hold until it can be used later.

I definitely expect a Star Wars Live Action Tv show eventually for sure.

>>78340003
This did happen. But what also happened was Lucas trying to give the fans what they wanted. He definately accepted a lot of his mistakes.

The biggest example is Jar Jar. George loves Jar Jar. He was incredibly proud of him, proud of having a CGI character front and center in a Live-Action movie. It hadn't been done before. Go look at some of the behinds the scenes stuff. Its clear Lucas thought he was making the new Chewie. I guarantee you that he dramatically cut Jar Jar's role in the Prequels after the huge backlash. He didn't even get a line of dialogue in Episode 3.

Another one, Midichlorians. Fans were afraid that Lucas was trying to hard to ground the Force in science, so he tried to bring back the mysticism in the Force.Firstly, Padmé dying and the medical droid has no clue why. Secondly, by explaining in TCW that Midichlorians aren't actually a scientific explanation for the Force at all, just a convenient coincidence to help Jedi find those strong in the Force.

Yes, Lucas HAS made some remarks to the fans, but he has still tried his best to please them. But when you go over a decade of being constantly hated when all you do is try your best to make people happy, you're going to be a little upset at fans too. I know I would.
>>
File: mah xenomorphu.jpg (179KB, 421x594px) Image search: [Google]
mah xenomorphu.jpg
179KB, 421x594px
>>78340118
pls die
>>
>>78340141
>I don't enjoy fun
>>
>>78340134
>They hide in an underground marketplace for intergalactic criminals, where they evade bounty hunters and steal a cruiser. Ren summons a repentant Phasma to assist in finding the cruiser. Rey, meanwhile, is training with Luke in an ancient Jedi temple.

After evading the First Order, Poe sets a course for Providence, a mobile harvesting rig operated by Leia's old friend, Lando Calrissian and his daughter, Lana Calrissian, and guarded by Poe's friend, Dax Holloway. Unknowingly, the cruiser has been tracked by Phasma; shortly after they arrive, Dax leads the group into a trap and they are handed over to Ren, who plans to use the group as bait to lure out Rey with the intent of capturing her alive and presenting her to his Snoke.Rey sees a premonition of Finn and Leia in pain and, against Luke's wishes, leaves to save them.

Ren reneges on his agreement with Dax and takes Leia into custody. He intends to brainwash Rey to join the Knights of Ren, and as a test brainwashes Finn to rejoin the First Order. He hands Finn over to Phasma, who leaves for the First Order's stronghold with Finn as her fiercest loyalist.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (67KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
67KB, 480x270px
>>78337567
>>
I wish they kept original actor that was going to play Finn

This guy can actually act and really fits the role of a Stormtrooper reject.

They should have used this guy and kept Boyega for the second movie to play the new Lando
>>
>>78340068
You really have no idea what you're talking about. Star Wars is well loved and certainly everyone recognizes it, a lot more people than you think would absolutely sit down and give a show like that a chance. As long as the show is as fun and engaging as the films, with mature storytelling that doesn't treat the material like kid shit like Rebels does, literally no one would care that it's not an overly violent, nudity filled edgefest. I don't know how or why you so thoroughly underestimate and undervalue the franchise you clearly like enough to be posting in this thread about it.
>>
>>78340152
>D squad
>fun
>>
>>78340034

The PT being bad required multiple bad decisions and mistakes on the part of Lucas and many others involved.

Also, a lot of hate came from the insertion of crappy CGI comic relief into the OT.

So he not only fucked up making new stuff, he went back and fucked with the stuff he had actually done well enough.
>>
>>78340108
>but as long as they reused sets and had a strong core cast they could basically get the feel down.
> reused sets and had a strong core cast
Like Rebels?

From all the bitching you hear about what it does due to it's limited budget I think you would hate what the live action show would have to do to maintain it's budget.
>>
File: jesse_plemons_2013_07_25.jpg (83KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
jesse_plemons_2013_07_25.jpg
83KB, 400x600px
>>78340173
forgot pic
>>
File: Sidious.jpg (69KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
Sidious.jpg
69KB, 500x265px
Official (EU) Sith Power Rankings

Strongest there is Tier
>Darth Sidious

Eldricth Abomination Tier
>Emperor Vitiate
>Darth Nihilus

Lust for Revenge Tier
>Exar Kun
>Darth Bane
>Darth Maul
>Darth Sion (Wants the Exile's v)

Mastermind Tier
>Darth Plagueis
>Darth Revan
>Naga Sadow

Muh Dick Tier
>Asajj Ventress
>Darth Talon
>Darth Zannah

Shit Tier
>Kreia/Darth Traya
>Darth Krayt
>Darth Caedus

Don't Know/Don't Care Tier
>Everyone else
>>
>>78340207
>discount Matt Damon
>>
>>78339993
Finn is one of three leads and protagonists in the film (along with Rey and Kylo Ren. yes Kylo Ren, Poe is a side character and Kylo is absolutely set up to be more than just a villain). Finn is awesome though, I wasn't expecting to Cade about him much but he steals a lot of scenes. Very funny but isn't useless in battle.
>>
>>78340112
>yfw Finn is Lando's son.
>>
>>78339940
I really need this, I want to see her past as a space pirate, her relationship with Han and Chewie, and of course how she got Anakin's lightsaber.

But knowing how the old EU was, and how we're already getting stories about C3PO's arm and random Not Mos Eisley aliens, we'll probably get it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>78340108

While Star Wars certainly has great characters, the spectacle also helps distinguish it.

Star Wars without any wars in the stars is not Star Wars.

I don't want Star Wars: Agents of Shield.
>>
>>78340208
Rename 'strongest there is' to 'unlimited power', and we're golden.
>>
>>78340207
He wasn't going to be Finn, he was going to be Hux. I'm glad they didn't use him.
>>
File: he-chose-poorly.jpg (70KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
he-chose-poorly.jpg
70KB, 600x346px
>>78340208
>Darth Caedus
>Kreia
>shit tier
>>
>>78340180
>literally no one would care that it's not an overly violent, nudity filled edgefest.
Then literally no one would care about it. I'm sorry you don't get this but most people wouldn't care for it unless it had that in it to entice them to watch it, either that or turn it into some kiddiefest to appease the masses. What you want and what the vast majority wants are two different things. I would love to see a mature Star Wars television show that would have a large budget and an interesting cast of people that wouldn't have to resort to showing gore and nudity. But that won't happen because the public doesn't want that, and if it were to happen it would be dumbed down to appease to them.
>>
>>78340244
Rebels already is that
>>
File: Tyrone Laughing.gif (3MB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone Laughing.gif
3MB, 240x234px
>>78340271
>Darth Caedus
>Anything but Shit Tier

>Darth Traya
>Annoying old hag who hates the Force yet was a Jedi/Sith
>Somehow good.

My sides pham. You probably think Revan was amazing.
>>
>>78339465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmfP_6zeAcM

I feel so bad for these guys now.
>>
who's got the visual dicctionary scans from the reddit thread?
>>
anyone think mizzlewump will come back for Episode VIII?
>>
>>78340279
>people don't want Star Wars!
>The Force Awakens earns over $550 million over the course of a few days and everyone loves it
This post is retarded. YOU are retarded. I just don't even.
>>
>>78340108
>The mega space battles and huge sets would be out
Then what's the fucking point of the show then?
Without the grandiose sets and battles in the stars it would be boring as shit.
>>
>>78340208
>Darth Talon
Overrated trash like most Twi'Leks, the only Legacy female sith with a nice design was Maladi. Character-wise all Legacy ones should join Krayt in shit tier, though.
>>
File: 54153487_p0.jpg (76KB, 574x386px) Image search: [Google]
54153487_p0.jpg
76KB, 574x386px
So why the fuck did R2 suddenly wake up at the end?
>>
File: Black White.gif (2MB, 426x319px) Image search: [Google]
Black White.gif
2MB, 426x319px
>>78340297
I feel like this is satire to an extent.

Black representation has kinda been a problem. Not in Star Wars though. Mace Windu and Lando Calrissian were a thing.

I wonder if homosexuality was ever a problem for Jedi?
>>
>>78340297
>No black people in the future
Do they not know when star wars took place?
>>
>>78340343
Supposedly he just took a long time to boot up after the first time BB-8 tries to interact with him
>>
>>78340293
Revan was a great twist and I thoroughly enjoyed playing him, but no, as a Sith he's not that impressive. I played him light side and prefer that outcome, so I don't see him as anything but a redeemed Jedi anyway. You're still a total retard with shit taste though.
>>
>Resurgent-class Star Destroyers are built with the design of the Venator-class ships in mind
>Also has redundancies to avoid them being taken out like the Executor was
First Order knows what's up with capital ship building.
>>
>>78339940
Hopefully never, she was the worst thing about the film. Unconvincing bring orange CGI bootleg Yoda, she was straight out of the Prequels. Completely jarring.
>>
>>78340323
It's a movie you idiot, with that reasoning Avatar should have the biggest following in the history of any franchise and should have TV shows galore. Yeah, you can get a person to watch a two hour movie with no issue, but that's different than getting them to stay tuned into a show for hours on a regular schedule.
>>
>>78340356
Sexuality in general is a problem for jedi, they aren't allowed to act on those feelings, no matter who they may be for.
>>
File: luke.png (199KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
luke.png
199KB, 600x320px
Should Luke use a light saber in the sequel, or should he be above such things?
>>
>>78340196
>Like Rebels?
>From all the bitching you hear about what it does due to it's limited budget I think you would hate what the live action show would have to do to maintain it's budget.

Rebels is structured almost exactly the way a live action tv show would be.
>>
>>78340343
JJ confirmed in an interview that he streamlined the reason out of the movie (why? no idea), but it was that when BB-8 rolled up to him the first time and R2 heard about the map, he started searching in his memory banks for the galactic map that he apparently downloaded when he hacked into the death star in Ep IV, then it just took a long time for him to emerge from low power state. so basically he just took a really long time to wake up and conveniently did so right at the end.
>>
>>78340383
Nobody actually likes Avatar, everyone went to see it because it was a meme and they wanted to see the impressive 3D technology they used to make it. That is not the case with Star Wars, it is succeeding because people love it and want more. Thank you for continuing to prove my point for me.
>>
>>78339755
>opinion that people have had for 30 years
It's not a new concept, you dipshit. And it's certainly not a buzzfeed thing. Empire has always been called the best. Or, at least since I've been watching them (early 90s). I guess I can't comment for the decade immediately following Jedi, but this is a common opinion.
>>
>>78340208

Why is a young Darth Sidious also James Franco?
>>
>>78340400
He should use the lighsabers like Kreia in her boss battle.
>>
>>78340388
incorrect. lucas stated that the jedi are not celibate. they can have as much sex as they want, so long as they do not form attachments.

i imagine they have sex with a lot of betty droids, to be honest
>>
File: 109931_1.jpg (178KB, 962x600px) Image search: [Google]
109931_1.jpg
178KB, 962x600px
>>78336590
>Jango isn't Mandalorian

Now, how the fuck does that even fucking work? Granted, I'm way more versed in the old EU and haven't finished TCW yet, but what the fuck kind of pedantic change is that? Do they ever mention that, or is it just Lucas being a goddamn idiot?

Like, what makes him not Mandalorian? I get Boba, he's a clone, but Jango has no reason not to be.

Also, did they rescind the order that EA has rights to all Star Wars games? I need one that isn't made by fucking EA.
>>
>>78340400
Yes, he should. And I think he will. Only reason Yoda didn't was because of the limitations of the puppet and the story didn't require it. Obi-Wan did after all. And Mark Hamill said that he's lost 80 lbs for the next film, so it sounds like he's getting prepped for that.
>>
>>78340400
Who says he can't be above it and still use one? Yoda and Sheev both did.
>>
>>78340459
> Lucas being a goddamn idiot?
Lucas doesn't own shit anymore.
That's all Disney now.
>>
>>78340329
>Without the grandiose sets and battles in the stars it would be boring as shit.

You'll get a youth staring at a twin sunset pensively and you'll damn well like it!

Also lightsabers are super easy and cheap to do. People attach them to squirrels these days.
>>
>>78340459
he's not Mandalorian because he's not from Mandalore. he just uses Mandalorian armor.
>>
>>78340459
Jango is from Concord Dawn, which has nothing to do with Mandalore. (Not to be confused with Concordia)

He isn't part of a Clan, House, or related to the Mandalorian culture in any way. Just a man who bounty hunts in the armor.

And no, EA have exclusive rights for at least the next decade, probably indefinately though unless they really fuck up somehow.
>>
>>78340510
why did they change it? unless they wanted to say fuck you to mandoboos I see no reason in this change
>>
>>78339465
It started getting pretty obvious at a certain point that Rey was the real main character. Finn was great anyway so I'm fine with it
>>
>>78340480
>Who says he can't be above it and still use one? Yoda and Sheev both did.
>implying Yoda and Sheev doing lightsaber acrobatics was acceptable
>>
>"Crew quarters [of the Falcon] were reconfigured to include a galley as wedding gift for Leia Organa."
Sounds like a great wedding gift, Han.
>>
>>78340459
Jango is an independent bounty hunter born god knows where who bought or stole a suit of Mando armor. I feel like it's a fair payback for making Boba a mando for no specific reason, it was dumb, especially that arc with Boba "rebuilding proud mandalorian traditions" in the EU, I think in the Vong era.

Also, Bossk and Zuckuss (and by extension 4-LOM) had better EU backstories than Fett and I'm much more sad over losing than that I could ever be about Mandos. Zuckuss will never be loved no matter what I guess.
>>
>>78340459
He's Mandolorian, but he's from Concord like most of the Deathwatch. And since hippie retards like Satine have disavowed their heritage, he isn't considered Mandolorian by them. It's an example of historical revisionism.
>>
>>78340533
Because Lucas wanted Jango/Boba to stand out as their own characters. Not just to be "one of those Mandalorians."

Being part of a politically fueled group of identically-dressed super soldiers makes Boba less unique than the fact that he is a bloody Clone.
>>
>>78337664
>tfw no female stormtrooper armor

It's not like the regular ones would protect them better.
>>
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (237KB, 640x743px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
237KB, 640x743px
Am I the only one here who loved Rey as a character?
>>
>>78340424
>That is not the case with Star Wars, it is succeeding because people love it and want more.
People watch movies easily, if there was a live-action show what makes you think people would watch it for an extended period of time without the writers resorting to appeasing the masses? You have to get people who have never seen Star Wars in anything except movies and keep them interested in it for months. To do that you would have to dumb it down and make sure the people that never picked up a book, read a comic or watched a cartoon would understand what's going on.
>>
>>78337664
>sub Phasma

What's the point of getting off to a character if it's ooc shit
>>
>>78340585
I don't like her, but I don't hate her as much as everyone else, it seems. I just found her pretty bland, though I have an open bias against force users.
>>
>>78340533
it was a george decision. he never intended for boba to be a mando in the first place, the idea just to look cool and add some mysterious flare, but the EU ran with it. so when he decided boba was a clone, he kept the idea that jango wasn't mando.
>>
>>78340507
What about my space battles? Are we going the Star Trek route and reusing shots over and over again?
>>
>>78340585
Fuck no you aren't!
>>
>>78340585
I mostly just found her doing force abilities pretty easily kinda weird. I mean even Luke needed time to get the basics done
>>
>>78340616
I really doubt anyone hated her, she had a lot of personality

she just needed to fuck up in the movie
>>
>>78340585
No, she's really cute and likable. The Mary Sue criticisms are valid to an extent though and she's nowhere near as compelling and cool as Kylo Ren and Finn. I think she's got a great arc ahead of her though. Would waifu.
>>
>>78340343
Because Luke's daughter was finally near
>>
Anyone have a scan or something of the new TFA visual dictionary?
>>
>>78340585
She wasn't annoying but they should've toned down her awesomeness on Millenium Falcon, to be honest.
>>
>>78340108
I hope you realize that the PT only had two actual Wars in Stars right? The climax of I and the first five minutes of III. Nobody liked this. People wanted the bombastic space battles/space fights that were quite notable in the OT. You wouldn't get this with a live-action budget. But you know what does? TCW
>>
>>78340428
Empire being the best is just one perfidious meme that has stuck around way too long and is sprouted by everyone without ever actually thinking about the films or comparing them.

A New Hope is best.
>>
>>78340343
I was thinking "Onii-chan" myself during the movie
>>
>>78340585
I was liking her until she got her hands on Anakin's old lightsaber and turned into a giant Mary Sue.
>>
>>78340585
She suffered due to being the weakest of all the main characters, and being a bit overpowered in the mary sue elements, but really wasn't that bad. She had her moments and as others have said will probably shine more in the next film where she will be properly tested and we'll see her limits.
>>
>mfw i had no idea this song did exist
>it sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpecPKuUYnE
>>
>>78340669
>Empire being the best is just one perfidious meme
Was this seriously the best you could do?
>>
>>78340698
ahahaha jesus what
>>
>>78340683
>turned into a giant Mary Sue

That only means she became a a character you didn't like.

in the future, just write, "I was liking her until she got her hands on Anakin's old lightsaber and then I didn't like her."
>>
>>78340698
I feel like I'm playing a bonus level on Crash 2.
>>
>>78337875
Did people really find him creepy? The moment he took his helmet off he lost any credibility to me.
>>
>>78340751
Not him, but 90% of the time people use that term they are wildly misusing it like you say, but Rey is one of those fucking rare cases where it applies completely. Everyone loves her and she is the best AT EVERYTHING.
>>
>people mad Kyli isn't cool, scarred up, or with a menacing voice like Vader

>people not getting that's the whole point

He's meant to be temperamental manchild who wishes he was as cool as Grandpa. An angry kid with tremendous force potential.
>>
>>78340756
this
>>
>>78340757
More unsettling than creepy, really. Like something was off with him.
>>
>>78340698
this is art
>>
>>78340757
Creepy in the way that a school shooter would be creepy.
>>
>>78340698

Like something from Crash fucking Bandicoot. What's this 'Complete Score' though? I can only find the regular 14-track release anywhere online.
>>
File: Kreia.jpg (51KB, 500x774px) Image search: [Google]
Kreia.jpg
51KB, 500x774px
>>78340365
Kreia is not a good character my friend.
>>
File: Farage1.jpg (215KB, 712x950px) Image search: [Google]
Farage1.jpg
215KB, 712x950px
>>78338206
Drop Kylo (Darth Emo), Hux (Retarded Overacting), and Rey (Fucking Boring) to Low Tier and move Han to God Tier.
>>
File: finn poe.jpg (77KB, 612x394px) Image search: [Google]
finn poe.jpg
77KB, 612x394px
How would you react if this became a canon couple?
>>
>>78340613
She's clearly not enjoying being in that position.
>>
>>78340848
I'd kinda like that, actually. Those two have great chemistry.
>>
File: 14360587845069.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
14360587845069.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
>>78340698
>Luke did I ever tell you about Dexter's Diner? It was the most hoppin' joint in the whole galaxy. All the Jizz greats used to play there. Great malts and shakes too. The owner was a good friend.
>>
>>78340779
Dude, we had enough whiny brats in ANH and AOTC. We don't need another.
>>
Will TFA get a screener leak?
>>
>>78340848
I don't want that. They are best bros, to make them gay shits on male camaraderie and would ruin their characters in the name of an agenda. Finn is clearly in love with Rey anyway and it's implied in side material that Poe is after that Asian pilot.
>>
>>78340891
Pottery my friend. It's in the lineage.

The difference is that Anakin's whining was supposed to, or at least the intention was, to be endearing. Luke's was just bad acting. Ren's is the only time where it feels like an important part of the plot
>>
>>78340887
Too bad it got shut down before Aftermath happened.

>>78340906
Screeners didn't get copies of TFA.
>>
File: panicdance.gif (114KB, 142x103px) Image search: [Google]
panicdance.gif
114KB, 142x103px
>>78340698
I might be the only person in the universe who kinda likes Dex's Diner. I think it adds a weird little idiosyncrasy to the Star Wars galaxy that hasn't been seen before. The movie is garbage, sure, but Dex and his diner don't really bother me.
>>
>>78340285

A live action show would have even fewer aliens, space ships, and effects shots.
>>
>>78338187
Well that doesn't sound sexual at all.
>>
>>78336568

>Women in charge of anything

If it isn't the Iron Lady, she will ruin everything.
>>
>>78340373

And the glasses thing. Meh.
>>
>>78340891
This time around the writing actually aknowledges the fact that he's a whiny brat, though. Anakin was supposed to be compelling and tragic and failed miserably.
>>
>>78340953
I know they didn't get one initially back in November because it would have been leaked in seconds. But what I'm trying to ask is, will Disney send out copies now that it's been released, and if so will those get leaked?
>>
File: TR-8R Lust for Revenge.jpg (321KB, 1158x690px) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R Lust for Revenge.jpg
321KB, 1158x690px
>>78340936
This.
These two will be the stars of Episode VIII, which will be a cross between Lethal Weapon and Rush Hour.

>Poe is the serious ace pilot who wants to complete the mission.

>Finn is the wisecracking marksman who gets them into sticky situations.

>BB-8 is their companion droid, he's there to look cute.

>TR-8R is that background character who wants to capture them - possibly psychotic. Has a lust for revenge.

>Phasma is that evil Troop Commander who wants their heads on a stake.

Fund It.
>>
>>78339354
The greyish-green tint in this picture makes Kylo look like Doctor Doom.
>>
>>78340957
No, but that music is hilariously bad. I refuse to believe John Williams had anything to do with that.
>>
>>78339319
Why does he dislike Phasma if all he's known for is being such a huge waifufag not even /co/ could stomach him? Not exactly the best position to judge others for their character preferences. Is it the fact that Gwen is flat that bothers him?
>>
>>78340995
>Poe
>serious
>>
>>78339354
Did anyone ever edit the page to say "Tactical" instead of "Traditional" pants flare?
>>
Why was The Phantom Menace so racist?
>Nute Gunray is space!Japanese
>Jar Jar is space!Jamaican
>Watto is space!Jew
>>
>>78340891
He's not a whiny brat.
>>
>>78341042
It's only racist if you give a shit
>>
>>78340936
Not really, male camaraderie is a thing in almost all blockbusters. No gay male couples EVER is shitting on homo romance, more like. One single story deviating from the norm is not "shitting on".

Obviously it will never happen, but its funny to imagine it. Bromance makes for a better story anyway.
>>
>>78340779
Kylo is cool though and his voice is fucking awesome. Even without the mask adding the cool effect to it, Driver has a deep, menacing voice while being sort of soft spoken and his line delivery is top notch throughout. Really great casting for him in my opinion.
>>
>>78340422
>R2 was running Windows 7
>>
>>78341184
I think you mean Vista or 8
>>
>>78341042
>>Watto is space!Jew

Its Space arab you dumb fuck
>>
Kylo Ren = Chief Inspector Javier from Les Miserables

Looks intimidating but secretly a TORTURED SOUL

Time will tell if he jumps off a bridge in the end
>>
>>78341184
Windows 7 is still the best OS windows has released
>>
>>78341249
Nah, he's a space Jew. He's got the big nose and everything.
>>
>>78341258
>"You're FN-2187?"
>"My name's Finn!"
>"AND I'M JAVERT!"
>>
>>78341249
>>78341293

He's a space arabic jew you dumb fucks
>>
>>78340585

At least she is not Starkiller
>>
>>78341293
But why does he have the middle eastern accent? the middle eastern nose? and lives in the middle eastern space town as a greedy arabic shop owner?

retard
>>
>>78341301
technically there's no big difference between Arabs and Jews, there'y both Semite groups, it's just religious difference ultimately. Watto is a general space Semite unless there's toydarian islam and toydarian judaism in the EU or some shit
>>
>>78341100
It also helped that Drive is tall as fuck. He was physically imposing and scary as hell in the forest scene.
>>
>>78340751
>That only means she became a a character you didn't like.
She's a mary sue to her fucking core.
>>
>>78339465
No, but my brother was. He's pissy that Finn got taken down in the end. He doesn't have a head for storytelling and likes to pull the race card a lot though.
>>
>>78341374
He was a US Marine at one point as well. That may have helped as well in terms of intimidation and the way he showed emotion on the battlefield
>>
>>78340669
You might disagree with it, and that's fine. But that is the majority opinion and has been for decades.
>>
>>78339993

Finn's a lot like Jack Burton. He's the everyman, he's funny but fucks up a lot, and is a lot more interesting than the "main hero" who is the actual destined saviour and is overall vastly more competent.

I like that the movie focuses more on Finn than Rey, it places the chosen one narrative a bit off to the side

I was however expecting Poe to do a lot more
>>
Rate the canon bounty hunters

>god tier
>good tier
>meh tier
>bad tier
>shit tier
>>
Not really understanding the Mary Sue complaints with rey.
>>
>>78341497

She's too much like Luke, right down to being the prettiest cast member
>>
>>78341521
I find Christie prettier than Ridley but that's personal taste I guess, and Christie's essentially a character actor in SW anyway so it doesn't count.
>>
>>78341419
>>78340776

Rey is not JJ Abram's fanfic.

She blows the wrong fuses and releases the Rathors, almost killing Finn.

She runs away when offered Luke's lightsaber by Maz Kanta, has a freakout in the woods, loses to Kylo Ren, then gets captured.
>>
>>78341497
Its her blandness, mixed with being the best at everything she attempts right away, and everyone loving her. The way Han and Chewie act around her is EXACTLY like the original "Mary Sue" example. It's like a little girl wrote herself into the star wars universe. the little girl was JJ Abrams
>>
>>78341548

Also Blue 3 is easily the prettiest actress in the cast, but she's a bit part
>>
>>78341562
Everyone is a mary sue in Star Wars
>>
Confirm/deny: It would have been better if this guy was replaced with Phasma in order to give her a big action scene.
>>
>>78341374
>He was physically imposing and scary as hell in the forest scene.
Did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>78341591
Yeah, and instead of dying have her get knocked back but the shot deflecting due to the armor.
>>
>>78341591
Well, she would have had to die in that case, keep that in mind. She should have been shown shooting at some criminal scum at that battle though.
>>
>>78341548

She might have green skin and tusks under that chrome helmet.
>>
>>78341634
What makes you think that would stop us?
>>
>>78341490

>god tier
Cad Bane

>good tier
Ventress
Sarco
Embo
Jango
Bossk
Dengar

>meh tier
Boba's goons
The one in the Lando comic
That black Wookie
IG-90

>bad tier
4-Lom, Zuckuss, IG-88

>shit tier
Boba
>>
>>78341591
Not really. Phasma didn't need an action scene if she's only meant to be a big deal in VIII. I'd rather drop her being taken hostage than give her the riot trooper's gig.
>>
>>78341585
No. Everyone else is good at what they are good at, has flaws, etc.

Like I said, Mary Sueness is originally a fan fiction thing, in non fan fiction writing its writing a character AS IF they were a fan fic self insert. Rey ticks all the boxes.
>>
>>78337737
Boba Fett movie is not even announced, don't know why people keep acting like it is.

It's just a silly rumor that holds no ground.
>>
>>78341611
He came across just as cool as Vader there, but way more pissed off and savage.
>>
>>78341497
She didn't even blow up the Death Star, how more lame can she get?
>>
>>78341634
You underestimate the number of people who want to fuck female Warcraft Orcs, so this would likely fuel the flames more than anything.
>>
>>78341697

Really? He fought a lot more like VI climax Luke in that scene than Vader.
>>
>>78341668
I was about to say it's odd you rate Dengar higher than Zuckuss but then I've reminded myself the whole "bounty hunting to fund meds" thing was EU only and he and 4-LOM don't have a canon backstory anymore.
>>
>>78341697
I guess we didn't.
>>
>>78341668
>bad tier
>IG-88

Okay, if you wanted to start some shit...

>Four copies. All dead.

Point taken. Still pretty nightmare fuel.
>>
>>78341697
He was perfect dark side Anakin.
>>
>>78341634
She might just be a robot
>>
>>78341591
>Confirm/deny: It would have been better if this guy was replaced with Phasma in order to give her a big action scene.

Confirmed.
>>
>>78341723
I'll grant that, we even get a shot from the side that plays out exactly like that scene in RotJ just with them moving left to right instead of right to left and with the villain on the attack instead of the hero. Real good pottery.
>>
>>78341724
Dengar is in TCW voiced by Simon Pegg, I can't hate him
>>
File: he is already at full cock now.jpg (45KB, 838x476px) Image search: [Google]
he is already at full cock now.jpg
45KB, 838x476px
>>78341741

A confused young man whose wife was stolen from him by Ratio Tile?
>>
>>78341741
Yup, I agree. I immediately wished we had gotten Adam Driver as Anakin in the Prequels because he's exactly what Lucas was looking for and didn't quite find.
>>
File: 14505630369664.jpg (218KB, 784x904px) Image search: [Google]
14505630369664.jpg
218KB, 784x904px
>>78341591
If it was Phasma, she would've been killed and it wouldn't show us the fervor and the degree of indoctrination that the grunts have.

TR-8R sacrificed himself to show us the FO Stormtroopers are serious about wanting to fuck shit up and that they will drop their guns to kill you with their melee weapons
>>
>>78341741
But can he pull of "I hate sand" line?
>>
>>78341769
Yeah, same.

I find it odd they've used most of the ESB hunters there and skipped Zuckuss and his droid pal, though. Especially considering how prominent Bossk was (but then Bossk actually used to be very popular back in the day, almost as much as Boba).
>>
File: rey a qt.webm (627KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
rey a qt.webm
627KB, 720x304px
>>
Why did it look so off when Daisy Ridley was fighting with a light saber?

Then having her tiny little twig arms struggle against Adam Drivers much bigger body just made me lose all of my immersion. would have been better if they used a meatier actress
>>
>>78341100
>Driver has a deep, menacing voice

One of us must have ear problems because he sounded soft as shit.
>>
>>78341838
best scene
>>
Which Star Wars movie is the most rewatchable?

I'll have to go with the original. Empire Strikes Back is probably the better movie but I find it a little harder to get through because of its pace, whereas I can watch the original over and over.
>>
>>78341838
If she doesn't open her mouth sure. That British accent is part of what makes her so unlikable. Would have been perfect if Finn had a British accent and Rey had an American accent

>"Youra monstah!"
>>
>>78341868
ANH for me
>>
>>78341868
ESB, ROTS, TFA
>>
File: 75.jpg (82KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
82KB, 500x334px
>I didn't choose the Dark Side, the Dark Side chose me
>>
File: angry chewie.webm (3MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
angry chewie.webm
3MB, 720x304px
>>78338206
Chewie really had some of the best scenes in this
>>
>>78341868
I've found 3 and 4 to be the easiest to sit down and rewatch nowadays, although 5 was the one I rewatched the most growing up.
>>
>>78341858
It's definitely you then anon.
>>
>>78341668
>4-Lom, Zuckuss, IG-88
Pretty much the only case where I have to say I miss the EU, all 3 had at least one fun story. CW Dengar was wastly superior to EU Dengar, though.

Embo was fantastic, I liked the Zabrak with eastern accent too.
>>
>>78341903
>"Kylo should have been blown back by the bowcaster bolt!"
>All the stormtroopers hit in this scene don't go flying at all, even though they are much closer to Chewie than Kylo
>>
>>78341903
>Chewie wounds Kylo Ren in the same side Darth Vader was wounded
>Finn wounds the same arm Leia wounded in her duel with Vader
>duel between Rey and Kylo Ren is ended by the sudden appearance of a giant hole just like the duel between Luke and Vader, right after Rey Force Awakens the same way Luke did in order to kick Vader's ass

The pottery with Splinter of the Mind's Eye is too strong to discount
>>
>>78341868
ESB, RotJ, and TFA
>>
>>78340572
>>78340459

This

The Fett Clan is old, but since relocating to Dawn and becoming Farmers, they're not "Mandalorians" anymore.

But you and I both know he's more Mando than Duchess "Can't Haul the Maul" Satine.

Boba is an abomination however.
>>
>>78341913
Maybe I'm not as easily intimidated as you guys are.
>>
File: The Traitor.gif (3MB, 512x213px) Image search: [Google]
The Traitor.gif
3MB, 512x213px
>>78341591
Due to his rampant success in the fan community:

I'm waiting for the inevitable Novel/Audiobook which reveals TR-8R's origins.

>He was Finn's childhood friend
>He saved Finn from death multiple times as kids, during their training.
>Finn's betrayal leaves him hollow and broken.
>He sees Finn with his new best friend, Poe.
>TR-8R looses his shit, and spends the rest of the trilogy hunting Finn down and brainwashing him back into the First Order.

D E E P E S T L O R E
>>
>>78340585
Rey is
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>78341977
>>TR-8R looses his shit, and spends the rest of the trilogy hunting Finn down and brainwashing him back into the First Order.
Didn't he die though
>>
>>78341838
She's way more adorable in the scene where she excitedly removes that component to fix the Falcon and Han just looks at her dumbfounded. Her facial expression and line delivery there made me fall in love.
>>
>>78341994
His hatred kept him alive
>>
>>78341974
I'm not afraid of him, I want to be him. He's badass.
>>
>>78341977
>TR-8R

I though his name is Warboy
>>
File: 1 2.jpg (118KB, 1281x684px) Image search: [Google]
1 2.jpg
118KB, 1281x684px
>>78341963
>Duchess "Can't Haul the Maul" Satine
>>
How long until the novel/comic/whatever about the Stormtrooper who died in the beginning of TFA?
>>
>>78342011
You want to a tryhard faggot who has to psyche himself with a charred helmet to stay bad?
>>
File: SUCH A LUST FOR.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SUCH A LUST FOR.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
>>78341994
>>78342009
>>78341977
Such a lust for revenge.
TR-8R will bathe in the blood of his fallen comrades.
>Snoke senses his hatred and growing powers.
>Makes him a Knight of Ren alongside Kylo

What would his name be?

"______ Ren"
>>
>>78341946
What the fuck are you even talking about

Learn to write please
>>
>>78342036
Yes. He's living the dream.
>>
Does the novelization make Finn's defection less jarring?
>>
>>78340585
I like her, but she's no Finn.
>>
>>78342063
>he can't decipher compound sentences

From my point of view it's you who needs to learn how to write
>>
>>78342037
He seems to be loyal to his comrades so maybe something like Breth Ren as he views other stormtroopers like family?
>>
>>78340572
Nope.

Jango Fett is from Concord Dawn, which has no association with Mandalore. Rako Hardeen, that bounty hunter the Jedi used to fake Obi-Wan's death and then disguise as him) is also from there and is known as the "Marksman of Concord Dawn".

Death Watch was exiled to Concordia, Mandalore's moon.

It's not just that there was a line about him not being Mandalorian that makes him not one. No film has called Boba or Jango Mandalorian, nor has anything else canon. The new reference books call them bounty hunters who wear Mandalorian armor. They were never intended to be Mandalorians when created for the films. They were both created under the mindset that they wore the armor of a deadly warrior race, but were not a member of said race themselves. Canon has been sticking with that.

>>78341963
>The Fett Clan is old, but since relocating to Dawn and becoming Farmers, they're not "Mandalorians" anymore.
The "Fett Clan" doesn't exist in canon. Fett is just a regular surname, like Kenobi, Skywalker, Palpatine, Amidala, etc.

Concord Dawn also has no association with Mandalore in canon.
>>
>>78342091
>Leia wounded in her duel with Vader
>Chewie wounds Kylo Ren in the same side Darth Vader was wounded
>the sudden appearance of a giant hole just like the duel between Luke and Vader

None of this shit even happens in the movies. You are either really bad at putting sentences together or just plain stupid.

>Replies to geting BTFO's by saying a shitty /tv/ meme
Fuck off
>>>/tv/
>>
>>78340936
Well I know if I was Poe I'd prefer that Chinese food to dark meat, but that's just my preference.
>>
File: JAR - 1.jpg (169KB, 900x928px) Image search: [Google]
JAR - 1.jpg
169KB, 900x928px
There's only one thing I want in the upcoming movies.
I want Finn or Rey to wear pic related once they become a true Jedi

>The White symbolizes the Light side
>Directly clashes with the Black robes worm by Kylo Ren - a Dark Side user.

P O T T E R Y

Seriously, this is the best attire the Jedi have ever created. I was pissed that it wasn't in the sequel.
>>
>>78342111
>The "Fett Clan" doesn't exist in canon.

A temporary setback, they'll be reintegrated.

>Concord Dawn also has no association with Mandalore in canon.

For now. Give it time.
>>
>>78342137
It's from a book you dolt
>>
>>78341293
Muun are space jews, they run the space bank.
>>
>>78342143
I assume you watch shit like anime correct?

That is some terrible kingdom hearts looking attire right there. I respect your opinion but holy hell, that is ugly. Glad you will never touch a star wars movie creatively
>>
File: JAR.jpg (350KB, 689x768px) Image search: [Google]
JAR.jpg
350KB, 689x768px
>>78342168
>That is some terrible kingdom hearts looking attire right there

Not enough belts and zippers pham.
>>
>>78342137
Read the post moron. He's talking a bout a book and how certain events in TFA are similar to events in that book.
>>
>>78342152
Some non canon shit I assume?

You really think those scenes were in TFA cause of some shitty fanfic novels? LMAO
>>
>>78342146
To add to his post, I'll just point out that Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter just last week that Boba/Jango are 100% not Mandalorians.

He called it an "outdated idea" or something along those lines.

Filoni previously stated that he and Lucas decided they weren't Mandalorian back in like 2010. No idea why it has taken this long for people to catch on that they were being serious.
>>
>>78341447
What do you think his job in the marines was?
sanitation :^)
>>
>>78342143
>that
>best Jedi outfit
Holy shit no. It's not bad, but there are a fuckton better Jedi robes in Star Wars than that one.
>>
>>78342137
He is saying the duel with Kylo, Finn and Rey is similar to the duel from the end of Splinter of the Mind's Eye between Luke Leia and Vader, you illiterate pigfucker.
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>78342164
>the muun are a good people
>the banks work
>you can trust me, I am your honest chancellor Mr. Sheev
>>
>>78342146
>A temporary setback, they'll be reintegrated.
Nope. It would've been already mentioned when Mandalore appeared in TCW or in any of the new reference books, which specifically list them as bounty hunters, not Mandalorians.

>For now. Give it time.

Wow, you're really in denial.
>>
>>78342143
>All those pointless belts and loops
>>
>>78342193
Troll harder.

also posting while underage is a bannable offense.
>>
>>78341773
I sincerely hope we get a new Jedi Master or character called 'Ratio Tile' in the new canon.
>>
File: SWTFU.png (556KB, 520x731px) Image search: [Google]
SWTFU.png
556KB, 520x731px
>>78342204
>>78342168
>>78342219
>Implying it's not the best

Don't deny your feelings, you know it to be true.

Way better than generic brown robes which are 2 sizes too big.
>>
Oh good, I was looking for a thread like this. I just saw the movie this morning and it's almost impossible to discuss it reasonably on /tv/. I didn't think it was a bad movie, honestly. Certainly no worse than the low points of the prequels. Only gripe is Rey being way too good with both the Force and lightsaber. The saber gets a BIT more of a pass because they did show she's good with her staff, but I call bullshit on the Force. I don't think she should have beaten Kylo so easily though. As for the future, I think Fin is gonna be the Han to Rey's Luke/Leia, Kylo's getting redeemed by the end and coming back to the Light alive to "do better than Vader could" in that regard, and I'm pretty sure Rey is either Luke's kid or another Solo child (which I don't like much, but I can see it coming)

What were your thoughts/general concensus, /co/?
>>
>>78342206
>Splinter of the Mind's Eye between Luke Leia and Vader

No idea what the fuck that is but I assume its non canon fanfic garbage

>Leaia dueling with a lightsaber
>ever

Glad these trash books were canned after Disney bought the rights. Disney is truly saving Star Wars
>>
File: The Force Incarnate.jpg (90KB, 490x625px) Image search: [Google]
The Force Incarnate.jpg
90KB, 490x625px
>>78342250
>What were your thoughts/general concensus, /co/?

It's a fine addition to the Star Wars Franchise. An enjoyable movie with flaws, like all the other 6.
>>
>>78342215
>>78342195

They're being added back into canon, relax dumbasses.

B-but Canon

>Shhhhhh, it's being added back.
>>
>>78342283
Okay, you're just a troll. Gotcha.
>>
File: sw1313_conceptart_010.jpg (524KB, 3300x1906px) Image search: [Google]
sw1313_conceptart_010.jpg
524KB, 3300x1906px
When you see it
>>
>>78342258
The new canon comics have not only Leia, but also Han and Chewbacca wielding a lightsaber.
>>
>>78342306
I really want to fuck a Twi'lek.
Really fucking bad.
>>
>>78341688
>Boba Fett movie is not even announced, don't know why people keep acting like it is.
>It's just a silly rumor that holds no ground.

I'm gonna screen cap this. To mock you.
>>
>>78340208
>No Darth Maladi
>No Lumiya
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgOfqnx7kk

This song is perfect. It's the first one in the soundtrack list that feels like a SW song, besides the opening one. Sounds like it would have been great in ROTS.
>>
>>78341901
Are there femanons on here that think he's good looking under the mask? I talked to my manager about him and she said he was hot, but I've heard girls say they stopped liking him when the mask came off. He's a goofy looking motherfucker.
>>
>>78342250
It felt like they mashed two different scripts together desu. Should've saved Starkiller base, Resistance and the New Repubic shit for later.

>it's almost impossible to discuss it reasonably on /tv/
Completely wrong here
>>
>>78342330
Because at the time, something was true? I never claimed there won't be a Boba Fett movie, just that it isn't announced and is just an unconfirmed, baseless rumor, which it is.

You can screencap it all you want, if it will satisfy your autism.
>>
So I heard that Boba Fett went back to Mandalore in the New Canon to restart the Fett Clan.

Sounds good.
>>
>>78342375
source?
>>
File: 1428702134318.jpg (174KB, 568x636px) Image search: [Google]
1428702134318.jpg
174KB, 568x636px
>>78339858
It was painfully obvious to me that Poe was Force Sensitive in the movie. There's a bit of it with how he talks to Max Von Sydow at the start, but it was real goddamn clear after the dogfight. It's a well-established thing in old and new canon that most of the best pilots are, and I don't care how fucking good you are, you have supernatural help if you are perfectly looping and nailing troopers on the ground while still killing half the enemy fighters. Like, goddamn, he's clearly got the juice.
>>
>>78342375
What source, your ass?
>>
>>78342324
most overrated race
>>
>>78342306
>>78342324

The art where bums are using an astromech droid as a trashcan fire is hilariously morbid.
>>
>>78342391
>It's a well-established thing in old and new canon that most of the best pilots are

Newtypes?
>>
>>78342388
>>78342398

Pablo Hidalgo, check out his twitter.
>>
>>78340249
More like "Lucas can't deal with anyone being stronger"
>>
>>78342366
I do agree they blew the base way too early, unless the next two are going to have a threat that's completely non-superweapon based. Which could work out, depending on how it is.

>Completely wrong here
At least it was in the threads I was in. I posted something similar to what I just typed here, and I was told that apparently I didn't watch it. So.
>>
>>78342348

Anyone else hope they don't completely ignore the prequels with VIII and IX? Especially with the music, I really hope 'Duel of the Fates' gets snuck in somewhere, it's one of the few songs that gives me literal goosebumps.
>>
>>78342373
>Because at the time, something was true?

Yes, you cunt.

>I never claimed there won't be a Boba Fett movie, just that it isn't announced and is just an unconfirmed, baseless rumor, which it is.

There's totally gonna be a Boba Fett movie.

>You can screencap it all you want, if it will satisfy your autism.

Tragically, it will never cure you of your shit personality.
>>
>>78342459
>Duel of the Fates
My fucking nigga. That and the Imperial March are in my list of music I listen to, I'm hoping to get a really good one from this new trilogy too.
>>
>>78342137
You guys really have to stop responding to these shitty trolls. I've been lurking four threads now and you idiots keep falling for the same shit.
>>
>>78342459

Ewan McGregor recorded a single line of dialog for Rey's vision.

There you go, prequels confirmed.
>>
>>78342477

There's a lot you can say about the Prequels, but John Williams remained on point for the soundtracks.
>>
>>78342111
Concord Dawn doesn't exist anymore, it was changed to Concordia in TCW. It's the same thing, and the moon of Mandalore. Concordians are Mandolorians.
>>
>>78342470
Shhhh, let him have this.
>>
Opening weekend numbers have been updated

TFA made $248 million domestic, beating Jurassic World by about $40 million
>>
>>78342258
I know You're trolling but Splinter was an outline for a possible Star War film sequel.

It is possible to likee something and not care if it's not canon
>>
>>78342366
DAE RACEEMING MARY SUE REE.
>>
>>78342511
>Concord Dawn doesn't exist anymore

Ummm

Wrong

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Concord_Dawn
>>
>>78340365
Revan's whole point is to be strong in the dark and light side.
Savior and destroyer.
>>
>>78342524
So what will be the next movie to bump TFA out of the top spot?
>>
>>78339918
So...SW Legacy?
>>
>>78342543
But canonfags says that doesn't fit with the new "vision" anymore.
>>
>>78342483
At this point, I think some just love taking the bait to argue and call other people faggots.
>>
>>78342553
>>
>>78342432
Nice try, that's absolutely nowhere, and last week he said the exact opposite.

>>78342470
>There's totally gonna be a Boba Fett movie.
Right now, you have no official basis for that statement and it is just wild speculation. I really don't think they're gonna give him one, he barely appears in 2 films and is a background character in AotC.

Most of his fans are for his EU version, which isn't canon.

>Tragically, it will never cure you of your shit personality.
The only one with a shit personality is you.

>>78342459
They didn't even do that with this film. There were plenty of references to stuff/events from the prequels

>>78342511
>Concord Dawn doesn't exist anymore,

Except it does

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Concord_Dawn

> it was changed to Concordia in TCW.

Wrong again. Both Concord Dawn appeared in Legends too. Concord Dawn just doesn't have an association with Mandalore in Canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Concord_Dawn/Legends

In Legends Concord Dawn was in the same sector/system as Mandalore and Mandalore had 2 unnamed moons other than Concordia(which was created for TCW).

>It's the same thing, and the moon of Mandalore. Concordians are Mandolorians.

Nope.
>>
File: 1354439713577.jpg (654KB, 944x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1354439713577.jpg
654KB, 944x1426px
>>78340208
But Ventress was never a Sith, she was an acolyte
>>
Classic Pablo

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/679046556251766784
>>
>>78342598
>Concord Dawn just doesn't have an association with Mandalore in Canon.

Because no one has said it yet. But most EU stuff that isn't post-endor is making it back.

So, yeah.
>>
>>78342635
Pablo pls
>>
>>78342635
Is it so hard to make a screencap?
>>
>>78342645
>Because no one has said it yet.

We know two people from the planet, and neither have any association with Mandalorians. One of them is actually known as the Marksman of Concord Dawn. Jango is a bounty hunter, similar.

>But most EU stuff that isn't post-endor is making it back.
Not really. They've been picking and choosing stuff from it, but they've not been bringing back everything. Hutts aren't even Hermaphrodites anymore, and that's something that seems so minor.

>>78342697
Was too lazy.
>>
>>78337101
She chromed her armor from Palpatine's Nubian shuttle. That's big pimpin'.
>>
Not really a legitimate complaint but more of an "Aww that's a bummer" but I was kinda disappointed we never saw any aliens speaking different languages. Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Jabba, Greedo. Idk it always brought more depth to world when everyone is speaking different languages but not everyone understands them. Han understood Chewie, Jabba and Greedo but Luke didn't and needed Threepio to translate for Jabba. It makes sense because Han is a smuggler and knowing different languages is part of his job.

All we get is BB-8 and Chewie and for some reason Rey understands them both.
>>
File: oA4dnXBL (1).jpg (39KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
oA4dnXBL (1).jpg
39KB, 816x816px
>>78342709
Truly Sheev is glorious even beyond death
>>
>The Resistance can barely afford it's own X-Wings, so it has to build them themselves or hope pro-Resistance Senators donate their own supply
>"why are there no other ships but X-wings!"
>>
>>78342727

There were the Singaporean Space Pirates
>>
>>78342727
>but I was kinda disappointed we never saw any aliens speaking different languages

What the FUCK are you talking about? There are multiple scenes with aliens speaking languages we have never even heard of? Were you asleep during the scenes on Jakku and Maz Kanata's?
>>
>>78342708
>We know two people from the planet, and neither have any association with Mandalorians.

Holy shit

I said, not one said yet

We have years to go as the canon is rebuilt, put your mando hating dick back in your pants for one moment and think.
>>
>>78342759

When did anyone speak on Jakku other than the guy running the food trailer. And he spoke basic?

Same for Maz's cantina. Who talks other than the First Order spy? Maybe I just have bad memory.
>>
>>78342753
The movie failed to communicate that.
>>
>>78342792
>When did anyone speak on Jakku other than the guy running the food trailer

Teedo. And maybe the two guys trying to steal BB-8 after they found out how much he's worth.
>>
https://youtu.be/sGbxmsDFVnE?t=1m22s

What song on the new soundtrack has this part in it? Its the classic OT song but with heavy drums.
>>
>>78342792
That not-Jawa that grabbed BB-8 in his net.
>>
>>78342759
>>78342792

Oh shit you know what did that little thing trying to put BB-8 in a net speak? I don't remember if it was just grunting and squealing and shit or if he actually talked to Rey.
>>
>>78338762
>>
>Am a 90s baby

>grew up on Non-Special Edition, non letterbox VHS original trilogy

>2015

>Make a VHS recording of the cam rips floating around

>looks top notch on a CRT television

What a time to be alive
>>
>>78342818
The music in that trailer was just remixes done by other people. Williams didn't compose it.
>>
>>78342792
>When did anyone speak on Jakku other than the guy running the food trailer. And he spoke basic?

There were multiple random aliens that spoke around or even to Rey. Like the junker that tried to drag around BB-8 in a net.

>Same for Maz's cantina.

Again, in a lot of random chit chat to establish the scene, but also the pilots who were going to take Finn off world.

>Maybe I just have bad memory.

You really do, apparently.
>>
>>78342857
Are the remixes available as standalone tracks?
>>
>>78342828
Rey didn't speak Basic to him, so I assume he didn't speak it
>>
>>78341871
This. Or if she had at least had a working class accent. She sounds like a posh little princess on her gap yah, not a desert hobo
>>
File: 1449645491252.png (96KB, 332x333px) Image search: [Google]
1449645491252.png
96KB, 332x333px
>>78342851
>Kids today will never know the satisfying feel of adjusting your tracking on a vhs machine
>>
>>78336590
Is there a source for those movie posters? I have not seen them before.
>>
>>78342913
>adjusting your tracking on a vhs machine
>satisfying
???
>>
>>78342888
>tfw I watched it dubbed
That's why I didn't have any issues with Rey, I guess.
>>
new bread
>>78342966
>>78342966
>>78342966
>>
>>78342871
https://youtu.be/ooncd-c519A

https://youtu.be/qYcfp5WpdXQ

They have not been officially released, and it is unknown if they ever will be.
Thread posts: 709
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.