[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 656
Thread images: 119

Glib Facsimile Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw [Embed]

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg [Embed]
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo [Embed]

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
Anyone got the visual dictionary as an epub or something? I've seen bits and pieces floating around, but not the whole book.
>>
File: CWxQhTKUAAArJ3T.jpg (104KB, 600x984px) Image search: [Google]
CWxQhTKUAAArJ3T.jpg
104KB, 600x984px
>>
File: 1450730643136.jpg (515KB, 980x1568px) Image search: [Google]
1450730643136.jpg
515KB, 980x1568px
First for Ezra is Snoke
>>
I liked episode 3 more than episode 7
>>
File: P4K2dVD.jpg (687KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
P4K2dVD.jpg
687KB, 2560x1529px
>>78343004
it looks pretty sweet, but I don't see it on amazon as digital release
>>
>>78343007
Based
>>
Which nuCanon Star Wars book should I get next?

Ones I've read:

Aftermath (shit)
Dark Disciple (decent)
Smuggler's Run (fun, but super short)
>>
>>78342871
https://youtu.be/ooncd-c519A

https://youtu.be/qYcfp5WpdXQ

They have not been officially released, and it is unknown if they ever will be.
>>
>>78342966
>Glib Facsimile
What does that even mean?
>>
>>78343018
This desu senpai
>>
>>78343034
Try Lost Stars or Lords of the Sith.
>>
>>78343048
It's a new Star Wars character
>>
>>78343039
Thanks!
>>
>>78343048
Truly you have not studied enough under the clone of Depa Billaba.
>>
I just want to say that when that trailer with the tonfa-wielding Stormtrooper came out, I thought it was badass as hell but everybody on /co/ and /tv/ was all "HURR, THE PREQUELS DIDN'T HAVE THIS, THIS IS DUMB" and now he's everybody's favorite background character.

Fuck all you niggas
>>
File: georgelazenby.jpg (52KB, 678x906px) Image search: [Google]
georgelazenby.jpg
52KB, 678x906px
>>78343048
Can't dodge the rodge
>>
>>78343018
Just the entire pre-fight dialogue between Anakin and Obi alone is enough to put ROTS below TFA
>>
Give me your rebels death predictions.

>Kanan
>Ahsoka
>Chopper
>>
>>78343034
Lost Stars is the shit
>>
>>78343023
Shit, i'll take a scan or pictures or something. I'm just a poorfag and don't want to buy it.
>>
File: rey a qt.webm (627KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
rey a qt.webm
627KB, 720x304px
xth for TEH REY
>>
Why do all Legacy sith suck so much?
>>
>>78343048
Epik new /tv/ meme
>>
>>78343084
I thought it was cool. TR-8R forever
>>
>>78343084
>now he's everybody's favorite background character.

Yeah, in an ironic sort of way. So I wouldn't be in such a hurry to down that self-righteousness smoothy if I were you.
>>
I hope people in the FO keep calling Finn TRAITOR whenever they run into him
>>
The Soundtrack upload is currently at 26%, there's another 480 some tracks left to upload.

>>78343004
No.

The Visual Dictionaries, Guidebooks, Reference Books, etc do not get officially scanned 99% of the time.

We'll have to wait for them to be scanned by someone who's willing to basically destroy their copy, since you have to remove the pages from the binding to scan them

There used to be several dedicated scanners for stuff, but they haven't been heard from in ages.
>>
File: latest.png (116KB, 322x423px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
116KB, 322x423px
>>78343105
>Vader
>Vader
>That Imperial Droid he threw out in Season One comes back for revenge
>>
>>78343143
>Yeah, in an ironic sort of way.
How is it ironic? Literally everybody I've seen loved that fight
>>
>>78343114
Someone should draw a picture of Rey dressed as Rei and TCW era Ahsoka dressed as Asuka.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (77KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
77KB, 480x270px
>>78343105
>yfw Kylo kills them
>>
File: 1299018685215.png (315KB, 647x479px) Image search: [Google]
1299018685215.png
315KB, 647x479px
>>78343084

>went out of my way to not watch a single trailer except for the first one
>mfw got to experience the surprise and joy of "TRAITOR" trooper during the film

Trailers are for suckers.
>>
>>78343114
You know if Rey were an autist it would explain a lto
>>
>>78343010

Snoke is very old.
>>
>>78343126
Oh, of course. I should have expected that.
>>
>>78343114
>you will never lick her plates clean
>>
I don't understand why people are upset that Rey used the mind trick. It was basically her Obi-Wan moment, like when Luke learned to connect with the Force while blinded. Blame Adam Driver. He gave her the experience of connecting with another using the Force where she figured out how to turn the connection against him. Then with nothing else to lose she, eventually, managed to create a connection of her own to a Stormtrooper. His will was weak enough that she popped some commands into his head.
>>
>>78343187
It would explain a lot if she were both an autist and the inbred daughter of Luke and Leia.
>>
>>78342966
Who the fuck is the old guy at the beginning?
>>
>>78343218
Joe's father or just a guy.
>>
>>78343181
He's not even born yet.
>>
>>78343010
Goddamn peoples prediction were way off
>>
>>78343149
At this point is probably infamous. It wouldn't surprise me if he was first order enemy #1.

A traitor storm trooper who not only gave the Skywalker map to the rebels, but injured kyle Ren, tossed phasma in rhe trash and showed them how to blow up the starkiller. Oh, they're coming for him.
>>
>>78343204
I think it would have worked better if she heard Kanata's voice in her head first or there was some kind of indication of her growing connection with the Force other than "do it more calmer". It's also, as far as I'm aware, a pretty high level Jedi technique right? I mean Ezra couldn't do it.

That being said, it's not like she didn't try three times and didn't immediately get it
>>
Welp, I tried giving Clone Wars another shot (later season episodes), but it's just not doing anything for me.
They have no feeling for pacing, the dialogue is stilted and wooden...there's just no real feeling behind it. Everything just runs down like a...well, script. Doesn't feel natural.
Plus the designs are just butt-ugly. Not even season 3's upgraded graphics can help with that.
Rewatched Rebels' "Stealth Strike" afterwards. Still so much better.
>>
>>78343051
>>78343104
I just feel horribly alienated now that everybody is parading Episode 7 as being better than the entire prequel trilogy.
>>
>>78343084
So is everyone's favourite metal that can stop the lightsabers back?
>>
>>78343218
Some dude
>>
>>78343246
If Maz is magical then they're obviously saving it for later when she's revealed to be one of the Whills
>>
>>78343187

A bored teenager putting on a helmet and imagining leaving her shithole planet must obviously be an autist.

Her independent lifestyle and fast friendship with BB8, Finn, and her ingenuity piloting the Millennium Falcon: all classic signs of autism.

Crying a lot because she misses er family and is desperate for them to return? Autism. Having psychic visions when touching a lightsaber? Autism. Pretending to eat what is obviously romanesco broccoli on a fuji apple? Autism.
>>
>>78343149
Their helmets are able to ID nametags of friendly troopers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could scan Finn and instantly know who he is. It's definitely possible.
>>
>>78343212
That makes more sense than it should
>>
>>78343260
Because it was? I mean I thought it was as good as ROTJ for sure
>>
>>78343261

It seems to work the same way magna guard staves work.
>>
>>78343260
It was bro
>>
>>78343256
What season(s) and episodes did you watch?
>>
>>78343218
Visual dictionary says he was around during the clone wars and saw the Jedi, but does not believe they betrayed the Republic. He himself is not a Jedi but was part of the Church of The Force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Church_of_the_Force
>>
>>78343218
character from some of the nucanon books. retired head of the rebel SpecOps division.
>>
>>78343260
You seem to have this idea that the PT as a whole was at any point well-liked.

I mean I think the only PT material that was universally considered to be good by those who watched it was TCW and that's not even a movie
>>
File: K Y L O R E N.jpg (703KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
K Y L O R E N.jpg
703KB, 2560x1529px
Kylo Ren's design is fucking amazing.
>Dat Mask
>Dat Sash
>Dat Hood
>Dat Big, Bulky Lightsaber
>>
>>78343294
>>78343282
How exactly was it better than the entire prequel trilogy combined?
>>
>>78343272
I'm glad we're on the same page here
>>
>>78343204

I think a lot of people thought it was unreasonable that she would even know what a mind trick is, even though it seems that a lot of people not connected with the Jedi know what it is. It's almost THE thing people know about Jedi, like how almost everyone has the idea that vampires turn into bats, so it's not unreasonable to believe she would try it once she learned she was strong with the Force. Also brainwashed storm troopers is probably the easiest practice target you could have for force manipulation.

> It's also, as far as I'm aware, a pretty high level Jedi technique right?

It's kind of hard to define what is a "high level" force technique because your ability in the force completely is dependent on how much faith you give back to it.

Both Luke and Ezra classically have a lot of doubt both with themselves and with the force, which is why they are shown to struggle so much.

Rey appears to have an almost child like wonder with the idea of the Force. She knew and recognized all of the stories and characters from the original trilogy, and living alone on a outer rim planet it's probably stories like that that kept her going. Having one of her heroes like Han Solo tell her that the Force is as real as it gets it probably all she needs to fully believe in the power of the Force. You'll notice in the movie that she never struggled with what the Force could or could not do, but with what she could do. So once she overcame her own fears and trusted in the Force, she's shown to be very powerful indeed.
>>
>>78343322
Better acting and character interaction, actually had humor that hit its mark, and the action scenes weren't just Lucas blowing his load over DA TECHNOLOGY
>>
File: sleepy hollow.gif (511KB, 245x145px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy hollow.gif
511KB, 245x145px
>>78343018
>>78343051
>>78343104
>>78343260

Putting Revenge of the Sith above Return of the Jedi is one thing, but Episode VII isn't below any of the prequels in overall quality.
>>
File: 833.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
833.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>78343260
You're acting like a movie being better than the prequel trilogy is a huge accomplishment.
>>
The Prequels are literally the best movies in the series.

Not hard considering how Star Wars is for children.

>Muh Dark and mature setting!
>B-But muh Clone Wars!
>M-muh EU!
>>
>>78343246
Ezra excels at connecting with others using the Force. It's his special bridging power he acquired through being a Bridger.

Seriously. Connecting with Kanan before he even saw him, controlling the momma fyrnock, using a Loth-Cat as a droid assassin. He hasn't been taught the mind trick but his ability to connect is phenomenal. His only problem with using it initially was his fear of connecting to others, which was getting in his way. According to the Recon this ability to connect will become a larger part of his character later in the season.
>>
>>78343344

also meant for >>78343246
>>
File: Kylo Ren - 2.jpg (207KB, 1268x630px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren - 2.jpg
207KB, 1268x630px
Post pictures of Kylo.
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>78343322
You want people to go beat for beat with each aspect of the prequels?

If I could just sum it up, I thought the acting was great on all characters, the fighting was fantastic, the humor was on point, the characters in general were all likable and I actually am interested in the villain. At no point was I feeling bored by the film. These are all things I wouldn't say about the prequels.

It's nowhere near as good as ANH or TESB but it stands up to the OT and at the least is tied with ROTJ
>>
>>78343321
There's going to be a hell of a lot of Kylo Ren cosplayers
>>
>>78343321
I liked when he was running around without his hood. A lot of visual use from one costume is the best imo.
>>
>>78343388
To be more like his idol, Darth Revan.
>>
>>78343321

It's better without the hood and outer cloak.
>>
>>78343388
>Why does he wear the mask?
Cause he wants to be cool
>>
>>78343354
Yeah it is. Is MCU-tier garbage that panders to the lowest common denominator.

The costumes are shit, the action is dull and the practical effects are trash. The plot isn't even worth talking about because it's a remake of ANH.
>>
Anyone else feel like they found the perfect style of lightsaber fights in TFA?

Ignoring any arguments about the plausibility of Rey defeating Kylo, I feel like they found the perfect halfway point between the slow and deliberate samurai style fights of the Originals and the fast acrobatic martial arts style of the Prequels.
>>
>>78343354
Are you saying ROTJ is worse than the prequels?
>>
>>78343300
Some Clone Trooper episodes and a bit of Asokah, Season 3.
>>
>>78343260
It's too early to say. TFA met the lowest expectations while ROTS was a concluding chapter after two disappointing at best films. Let's see the whole sequel trilogy first.
>>
>>78343388
To hide his jew nose. It would be very painful if the first order nazis new the truth of his heeb ancestry.
>>
>>78343418
And notice we have the salty prequel fanboy, unable to accept that TFA has topped his shitty films, must resort to screeching like a retarded.
>>
>>78343420
I adored the fighting in TFA. I really want to see what they do with two people that are actually trained at fighting
>>
>>78343430
I hate how popular that opinion has become. People dwell on the 22 minutes of ewok screen time but forget the remaining 100 something minutes is top fucking tier.
>>
Anybody questioning why people like VII more than the prequels must first think about why III is generally widely considered to be the best one despite it having some of the same problems of the first two
>>
>>78343344
She doesn't have to know what the mind trick is any more than Anakin understood where his resources were coming from or Ezra his ability to jump and sometimes receive flashes of precognition. Rey had someone forcibly and Forcibly connect to her mind and learned how to push back and use that channel. Since she knew that forming these connections was possible she tried and eventually managed to initiate one on her own. Instead of interrogating she pushed commands into his thoughts.

It's not much different than Luke purposefully turning off his targeting computer to recreate the moment against the remote where the Force alone guided his actions. Rey managed to recreate something she was shown was possible and used it to command the weak willed. She had no idea how difficult it was supposed to be, so she had no pre-doubts about whether she could do it or not. She was also desperate and had nothing to lose which surely helped.

You'll note that this didn't unlock the mind trick ability for her otherwise she would have used it on those Stormtroopers rushing down the corridor. She can't, yet, wave her hand and control people.
>>
File: AdamDriver.jpg (78KB, 640x933px) Image search: [Google]
AdamDriver.jpg
78KB, 640x933px
THIS

Goofy looking motherfucker

Is the best STAR WARS VILLAIN since Vader

And basically

The prequels are trash.

WHY?

See TFA and find out...
>>
>>78343389
Okay, I guess my main issue is that people are now trying to pretend the prequels didn't exist, and if somebody mentions them they just tell them how shit it was.

The prequels weren't the best SW movies, yes, but they've also had some good moments and characters which people just completely ignore.
>>
>>78343388
To hide his average as fuck face of course
>>
>>78343418
>Yeah it is. Is MCU-tier garbage that panders to the lowest common denominator.
>pander

There's a word that nearly lost all meaning!

It's episode 7, made thirty years after the originals, there was always gonna be references.

>The costumes are shit, the action is dull and the practical effects are trash. The plot isn't even worth talking about because it's a remake of ANH.

The costumes are distinct and vibrant, the action is solid, the lightsaber fights in particular were excellent, the last third did pull too heavily from ANH, but all the groundwork laid before with the new characters is promising.
>>
>>78343461
>People dwell on the 22 minutes of ewok screen time
It was CONSIDERABLY more than that

That being said, I don't think I've seen anybody say ROTJ is worse than the prequels, just the least good OT movie which is sort of understandable
>>
File: 1450718723244.png (464KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450718723244.png
464KB, 878x900px
>>
>>78343471
>Goofy looking
Looks like a pretty normal guy to me.
>>
>>78343473
>characters
The prequels didn't have characters.
>>
>>78343430
>Are you saying ROTJ is worse than the prequels?

I'm saying some people put ROTS over ROTJ. I do not, but I can see why.
>>
>>78343489
kek
>>
>>78343471
Him beating his wound during the fight was a marine thing to do apparently. Based Driver
>>
>>78343473
>is that people are now trying to pretend the prequels didn't exist
No, I don't think so (Disney probably is though)

>but they've also had some good moments and characters which people just completely ignore.
Which are generally ruined with the many things people dislike about them.

Also, what good characters? The only likable character in the PT is Obi-Wan. Maybe Sheev. Unless you're talking about expanded material which is also where people get this idea that Dooku is actually a good character.
>>
File: gc26.gif (2MB, 545x238px) Image search: [Google]
gc26.gif
2MB, 545x238px
Gwen is cute
>>
Wait, people actually LIKE the prequels?

lol
>>
>>78343471
Fuck off, he's an emo bitch.
>WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH I WANNA BE ON THE DARK SIDE I HATE YOU DAD
I am so sick of every character these days being a whiny twentysomething.
>>
File: 145680544002545.jpg (44KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
145680544002545.jpg
44KB, 320x426px
>>78343489
Are Phasmafags on suicide watch?
>>
>>78343506
Wait, really?
That's pretty cool if true.
>>
>>78343477
>average as fuck face

Adam Driver has some of the weirdest facial proportions to ever grace god' earth.

Huge ears, tiny forehead, big nose, crooked chin, he's bizarre looking.
>>
We're getting a Kenobi Anthology movie right?
>>
>>78343187
No it wouldn't. Stop looking for things to identify with.
>>
>>78343461
The problem is the movie feels like two short movies stitched together. The Jabba section feels so disjointed from the rest of the film.

Also Han loses his entire characterization, and his and Leia's relationship doesn't really go anywhere.
>>
>>78343518
Go to /tv/, you'll be surprised.

Unsurprisingly, /tv/ is the only board I've seen that widely feels that way
>>
>>78343483
Nigga I used a fucking stopwatch during my last viewing of RotJ. The Ewoks had 22 minutes of on-screen time almost exactly.
>>
>>78343518
Yeah. I remember browsing this thread at the beginning of 2015 and a lot of people liked the prequels. What happened?
>>
File: The Sith Lord.jpg (213KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
The Sith Lord.jpg
213KB, 1920x816px
>>78343518
Revenge of the Sith is literally the best film in the series.

>Seeing the Jedi cut down by the clone troopers
>Anakin laying waste to the Jedi temple
>Sheev
>The final fight is arguably the best in the franchise.
>Anakin's spooky face when he turns to the Dark Side

I don't care how people arrange the other 6, III is the best - period.
>>
>>78343523
His temper tantrums were the best. Truly he is the next level beyond the Sith Lords and they shall be known as the Sperg Lords.
>>
>>78343471

I adored how none of the major villains died in this film. The Prequels suffered heavily from having to rotate their villains every time. People complain that Phasma didn't do anything but at she's got two more movies to make up for that which is more than can be said for characters like Maul.
>>
>>78343518
Oh shut the fuck up.
>>
>>78343511
Disney hasn't been trying to forget about the prequels desu. A lot of the marvel comics have tied into the prequels. When Disney Infinity 3.0 was going to be made, they were only going to make it around the new film but Disney wanted it to be set around all 3 eras. I've also seen a lot of merchandise with RotS Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda on it
>>
>>78343517
Now available in compacted chrome cube form! Perform for desktop paperweights!
>>
>>78343549
It's just /tv/ contrarianism at work right now. A year ago the prequels were always shat on, but now that there's a new Star Wars that has a, GASP, woman and NIGGER as main characters, and is getting praised by everyone, now they have to promote the prequels are being better.
>>
>>78343506

I watched it right next to a marine that did two tours....we all agreed after the movie he did it because pain...leads to anger...anger...leads to UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!

but he wasnt angry enough
>>
>>78343549
>Unsurprisingly, /tv/ is the only board I've seen that widely feels that way

You'll never find a greater hive of scum and villainy.

They still hound for pics of young Disney starlets, and their feet.
>>
File: Kylo Ren - 8.jpg (286KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren - 8.jpg
286KB, 762x1048px
>>78343580
Phasma doesn't seem like much of a threat anyway.

Compared to Kylo and Snoke.
>>
>>78343448
>projecting this hard
Yes, because the only person that could possibly dislike TFA is a prequel fanboy. So I guess this film is going to be the new sacred cow of these threads like Ahsoka was?
>>
>>78343577
I like to call him Darth Linkin.
>>
File: mia.jpg (76KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mia.jpg
76KB, 768x1024px
>>78343569

>The shitty CGI everything
>The awful Dialouge
>20 minute lightsaber fight like it's Dragon Ball Z or some shit
>Muh edge

They all sucked and no amount of sheev and Ewan could save them
>>
>>78343360
>Bridger
>Good at connecting with things
How did I not see this pottery before.

Speaking of, Sabine's last name is Wren. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>78343569
George get off the internet you had your time and sold Star Wars
>>
>>78343478
>The costumes are distinct and vibrant
They are literally wal-mart quality.
>>
File: Cmdr._Keller.jpg (233KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cmdr._Keller.jpg
233KB, 650x600px
Can we please stop arguing about film quality for the umpteenth time?

Let's talk about something else. Post your favorite minor Star Wars characters, canon or not.

Mine's Commander Keller. He only appeared in one comic arc of Star Wars: Republic but I like his design a lot.

>>78343489
topkek
>>
>>78343569

The fight in RotS could have been the best if it wasn't completely spoiled by the over abundance of CG bullshit constantly flooding the screen. Any emotion and tension that the fight started or ended with was completely absent when they were fighting each other on service droids or making parting blows at each other while swinging from cables. The only thing that kept that gave that scene any sort of depth or drama was John Williams' music and Ewan McGregor's acting.
>>
>>78343598
What are you talking about? The SW Clone Wars/rebels threads always loved the prequels and told people who shat on them to "go back to /tv/".

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>78343569
I like how everything you like about episode III is in it's last, like, 45 minutes? Like you know there was another hour+ of stuff right? Stuff that makes it still pretty bad. Admittedly that stuff you mentioned still makes it better than the other two.

Also, the acting still sucks and Anakin's turn still sucks
>>
>>78343471
>A worse fucking version of evil Jacen
>Any good as a star wars villain.
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkyouare.png (651KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkyouare.png
651KB, 1067x800px
>>78343629
>Can we please stop arguing about film quality for the umpteenth time?
>>
>>78343580
I was hoping all of them would die so that we could get some decent villains in the next one.

>>78343602
"Snoke" has to be the worst villain name ever.
>>
>>78343631
/tv/ invaded
>>
>>78343616
>20 minute lightsaber fight like it's Dragon Ball Z or some shit
What the fuck kind of complaint is that? Obi Wan and Anakin are both incredibly skilled Duelist. It makes perfect sense it would go on for a while.
>>
>>78343580
Kylo is doing better than the prequel guys by having none of the bad guys not dying.
>>
>>78343616
>>20 minute lightsaber fight like it's Dragon Ball Z or some shit
>m- muh short lightsaber fights
fuck off
>>
>>78343631
I feel like I am on bizarro 4chan
>>
>>78343629
Zuckuss because his EU backstory was that he's Walter White, except with bounty hunting instead of drugs
>>
File: CW Guide.jpg (1MB, 1592x2556px) Image search: [Google]
CW Guide.jpg
1MB, 1592x2556px
>>78343434
Season 3 is just when the series gets it's huge boost in quality. George pumps more money into it, and the plots get darker. It's also a popular idea that the clone trooper episodes are the best, especially the ones in Seasons Four and Six.

I'd encourage you to follow this guide if your so inclined. I'll also throw out a few of my favorites.

S3E18-20: The Jedi and Clones infiltrate a prison to recover secret information held by captured Republic soldiers. Introduces Tarkin into TCW.

S4E7-10: Darkness of Umbara. Space Vietnam. Clone centric episode and one of the darkest plots in the series.

S5 E1, 14-16: Darth Maul has returned, and takes over Mandalore and BTFO's Kenobi. Bretty gud.

S5 E18-20: Ahsoka is framed for bombing the Jedi temple, and this follows her emotional quest to uncover the truth.

S6 E1-4: Order 66 Arc. Fives uncovers a conspiracy surrounding the clones, the Jedi, and the Chancellor. Very great arc.
>>
>>78343616
>>78343621
Never said it was perfect. Story wise though - shit went down.
>>
>>78343649
>"Snoke" has to be the worst villain name ever.
sheev is worse.
>>
>>78343569
Maybe if it had stayed a fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan and not turned into LAVA EVERYWHERE, LOOK AT THIS CG, NOW THEY ARE SWINGING AT EACH OTHER WITH ROPES, THEY ARE SURFING ON THE LAVA
>>
>>78343629
Oh they're too many to think of, and of course so many of them have been expanded upon that they might not even count as minor.

I suppose the members of The Bad Batch would be my favourites.
>>
Which Dark Horse clone wars era run is the best?
>>
>>78343631
>he SW Clone Wars/rebels threads always loved the prequels
What threads have you been in?

Are you sure you're not confusing "TCW fixed a lot of the problems of the prequels" with "We like the prequels"
>>
What's some good SW material that contains or is centered around General Grievous?
>>
>>78343616

when did this great divide happen in movies, where some people dont want long fight scenes and others do.

Personally I think if were going to build up a protagonist and antagonist, give them a powerful set of combat abilities that are visually impressive during the course of one or more movies, and then have them clash at the end...I would like it to be a lengthy visually engaging battle....and when I see folks complaining about it i want their opinions away from my future movies...go watch other genres
>>
>>78343677
>cgi is bad wahh
fuck off.
>>
File: Dasit.jpg (40KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
Dasit.jpg
40KB, 535x798px
>That little wavy effect that happened when Kylo Ren used the force.
>>
File: Kylo Ren The Dark Side User.jpg (227KB, 2126x1435px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren The Dark Side User.jpg
227KB, 2126x1435px
>>78343630
>Two of the most competent and incredibly skilled Jedi in the entire galaxy
>Not going off the rails with their fight.

U Wot pham?
>>
File: 1292212736768.png (155KB, 472x359px) Image search: [Google]
1292212736768.png
155KB, 472x359px
>>78343698

>Still doesn't understand that cgi can be good OR bad
>>
File: 1436500507313.png (108KB, 783x565px) Image search: [Google]
1436500507313.png
108KB, 783x565px
God damn, Torn Apart is a great track
>>
>>78343167
>Literally everybody I've seen loved that fight

Yeah, ironically. Jesus, do you not know the meaning of the word? It's more of a people laughing at the idiot telling the joke rather than people laughing at the joke he's telling type of thing.
>>
File: Mia_CanSeeCanDo.jpg (412KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mia_CanSeeCanDo.jpg
412KB, 1200x700px
>>78343651

Because it's the same thing as that agent smith fight in Matrix 2

>YEAH GET HIM
>YEAH
>KILL HIM
>OH MAN
>OH... wait
>Is this still happening
>jesus christ
>fucking end already

By the time Anakin get's turned into a screamy torso I don't even fucking care anymore
>>
The prequel's arent that bad honestly. better than some of the comics. at least the prequels didnt mention jedi battle meditation every fucking page.
>>
>>78343693
This circlejerk of a general changes it's mind almost every day, so you should forgive him for being confused.
>>
So are we doing that thing where people think they know what they're talking about when they whine about the Prequels using too much CG, then everyone whips out the actual footage and behind-the-scenes stuff showing that, they didn't?
Again?
>>
>>78343651
>>78343653
If they were actually fighting the whole time, you know like they were at the beginning and doing actual cool shit like when they did the double Force Push or when Anakin kicks Obi's face in, it would have been worthwhile.

However, once the lava starts going crazy, it's completely fucked because it stops being a fight and more of a CG spectacle.

Also FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL is just the worst.
>>
>>78343696
There's a comic simply called General Grievous in which he murders Jedi for four issues
>>
>Poe respects astromech droids because of the tales of pilots his parents probably told him, that used astromechs.
>He keeps BB-8 up to date and functioning and BB-8 auto-configures ship settings for Poe how he likes as a result
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1592x2556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1592x2556px
>>78343434
Well if no one else is going to post it, have a list anon

Honestly, I do reccomend just working your way through it, especially if you are watching Rebels. Plus, for all its flaws this series is one of the best things to claw its way out of the Prequels.

Also, this list does not contain the half season that got made after the cancelation or the books/comics/proto-episodes that got made out of finished scripts that we're going to be used in later seasons. I recommend checking out the finished episodes from season 6 if you watch nothing else. The other Legacy stuff is up to you depending on what you like/can stand from the series.
>>
>>78343698
Literally not what I said
>>
>>78343700

They're exceptional martial artists and warriors, that doesn't mean they have to go through the Mustafar facility like it's a fighting game stage.
>>
>>78343663
Totally didn't post the list.
>>78343749
>>
>>78343731
Are you aware we're talking about the final fight which was a total lava CG fest?

Also, the CG as a whole in the prequels didn't age well at all. The Clones in AOTC look like shit
>>
>>78343731
It's a cycle anon.
It always goes back to where it began.
>>
File: Dune-e1287594060110.jpg (106KB, 630x410px) Image search: [Google]
Dune-e1287594060110.jpg
106KB, 630x410px
>>78343700
I hate how the Jedi went from being masters of reflex similar to Prana-Bindu practitioners from Dune, to fucking animu warriors like in the prequels.
>>
>>78343700
They were going off the rails already. It was already pretty crazy as it was. You didn't need the lava bullshit

The style of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul was more in line with how the fight should have gone down and that was three guys
>>
Reminder that the Ewoks very nearly killed Sheev

https://youtu.be/T3XJQKBhryc?t=18m51s
>>
>>78343320
Everybody fucking loved Phantom Menace initially. It had a bunch of great reviews. It's only the hype and denial wore off after like a year or so that people started really shitting on it. It'll be interesting how this one will be seen in a year. I thought it was better than eps 2 and 3, but not by much.
>>
File: c= hi.gif (720KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
c= hi.gif
720KB, 200x200px
>>78343418

MCU-tier garbage? that company that consistently releases blockbusters and has a franchise so strong everyone else in the industry is either bitching or copying them?

OH....you must be one of those "Its popular so heres why it sucks" people

So how is your general enjoyment of entertainment?
>>
>>78343777
>I hate how the Jedi went from being masters of reflex similar to Prana-Bindu practitioners from Dune

They were never really just that with the Force being a thing since the beginning. But they went way too extreme with the acrobatic shit in the prequels.
>>
>>78343737
Oh wow, that looks pretty good actually downloading it right now.
Got anything else?
>>
>>78343731
What does your heart and mind tell you?
This old rug has to be dragged out and beaten every few months, or something bad will happen. It's like a ritual. And a dumb one at that.
>>
>>78343791
Ewoks were a mistake
>>
>>78343731
The occasional partially built platform, and miniatures that were greenscreened in is barely practical effects.
>>
>>78343773
Obligatory.
ACTUAL LIVE VOLCANO
C
T
U
A
L

L
I
V
E

V
O
L
C
A
N
O
>>
I want to fight a war with captain phasma
>>
>>78343697

If you want insane giddy giant woopsie kablam shi watch those 3 hour Wuxia movies china makes nowadays. Two people I don't care about waving glowsticks at each other for 3 hours is not exciting.

>.go watch other genres

First off, using ellipses on 4chan basically gives you away as underage or a foreigner. Second off, Star Wars is literally the only movies in it's genre. Unless there's more Fantasy movies set in space you can think of
>>
>>78343629
General Kalani
>>
>>78343812
>>78343791
But he's wrong, they *saved* Sheev's life.
>>
>>78343818
So what you're going to fight in a garbage dump?

>>78343796
Seth ;_;
>>
>>78343792
>Everybody fucking loved Phantom Menace initially
That's not what the reviews I saw said. I'll toss a bone and say there were about as many positive as there were negative. Really people were hoping for the sequel to make TPM better which absolutely did not happen

You know which one was sort of liked initially and stayed sort of liked though? ROTS.
>>
>>78343792
>Everybody fucking loved Phantom Menace initially
You can hear stories of people realizing they fucking hated it halfway through the opening night.

Just because a bunch of fanboys gave it 10/10 on IMDB the night it came out doesn't mean everybody loved it.
>>
File: The Butt Witch Disapproves.jpg (75KB, 587x643px) Image search: [Google]
The Butt Witch Disapproves.jpg
75KB, 587x643px
>>78343777
>animu warriors like in the prequels.
Please stop this meme. Please, I am at the end of my rope. Just because they move faster and make more use of their powers because of the superior SFX and younger actors does not make a Jedi into a fucking anime character.

People in the OT just moved fucking slowly and awkwardly because Vader's actor was in a big ass heavy suit and Obi Wan was like 60. There was nothing majestic in their movements or their "choreography" it was two slow people hitting each other with a stick. It was Kirk vs the Gorn Captain with slightly more money.
>>
>>78343518
>people say 7 wasn't all that great
>LOL THEY BE THNKN PREKVELS R GUD
>>
>>78343767
I was typing it and didn't refresh before sending, so yeah my first few line look silly now
>>
>>78343588
Does seem like someone is pushing the whole prequel trolling to start shit.

Personally I found it interesting how the Prequels and this new Sequel (only one movie in yet so can't obviously be judged as a whole) were in some ways opposites of the spectrum.

The Prequels excelled at world building, creating an atmospheric setting. Even if you hated the stories it's hard to argue the effort that went into creating the look and feel.

TFA was plot point driven and formed an apparently more compelling story than trade dispute blockades turned invasions of an otherwise peaceful world. At the same time it does a really shitty job of showing the scope and scale of the galaxy wide conflict thirty years later. We aren't really shown the disposition of the players in the galaxy or what is actually at stake. It treats it's plot as so generic that it will be accepted without any backstory. Empire is now First Order, There's a Resistance who apparently only use X-Wings and for some reason only have a single base that for some reason is staffed with Leia and Ackbar. There's also a Republic which may or may not be dead right now, who the fuck knows. The destruction of Alderaan had more build up and emotional weight than, what was it, the Hosnian System? But at least we saw brief snippets of people freaking out before they died. I guess TFA suffers a bit for rehashing the major plot points of it's story from the OT. They sum up the threat by saying, "Here's the old Death Star, and now hear is the super more gigantic new doom planet!" I may have sneezed and missed it but I can't remember them ever saying that the Starkiller Base planet is mobile, which it would have to be otherwise it would have burned up the last of it's ammunition after eating an entire sun.

Basically the Prequels suffered from story while TFA was more compelling, however TFA suffers more when you actually start picking it apart and analyzing it's components. There's actually a lot less.
>>
>>78343878

>it was two slow people hitting each other with a stick. It was Kirk vs the Gorn Captain with slightly more money.
And what was wrong with that? It felt more grounded and every hit thus had weight to it.
>>
>>78343873
Kind of like The Force Awakens.
>>
>>78343878
This

Remember when Luke did those backflips in Jedi?
>>
>>78343845
she's alive damn you

i know it
>>
>>78343878
But anon, they were filled with such emotion.
They were so deliberate, so intense.
>>
>>78343878
You realize that was only Episode IV, right?

Besides, they got a master swordsman to do the stunts for Vader in V and VI.
>>
>>78343790
>The style of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul was more in line with how the fight should have gone down and that was three guys

The Darth Maul fight probably was the best fight scene in the prequels. I only don't remember it as fondly because it's constantly interrupted by Anakin accidentally winning the day.

>Qui Gon and Obi Wan barely able to keep up with a Sith Lord
>Limited space to maneuver and take advantage of their superior numbers
>Obi Wan gets separated and we have to watch with him as Qui Gon faces Darth Maul alone now
>tension continues to build as the barriers keep restricting Obi Wan from helping his master
>Qui Gon cut down
>Obi Wan crushed by grief but puts his trust in the Force
>Darth Maul paces as he waits for Obi Wan like a predatory animal
>Duel of the Fates the entire time this is happening

No stupid gimmicks like lava surfing or cable swinging, just martial arts and good pacing.
>>
>>78343878
Thank you, Based Anon.

OTfags BTFO
>>
>>78343878
The equipment they used for the lightsabers couldn't take a beating.
>>
>>78343878
There's no passion in an overly choreographed fight, dummy.

The best fights in cinema are the ones that feel brutal and emotional. Obviously they're not "realistic" since that'd be "guy goes down in one punch" or "guy gets his face slammed into a knee over and over again" but they at least try to pretend they're not doing a wacky dance with swords.

Kylo's fight with Rey was something I liked because with some exceptions he actually looked like he was trying to KILL Rey without any bullshit flipping.
>>
File: dontbelievethehype.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dontbelievethehype.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
ESB > ANH > ROTJ > Dog Shit > TFA > Prequels
>>
So it's that time again?
>>
>>78343777
I loved that. Lightsabers were lame in the OT. Easily the least memorable thing about the movies. PT made them actually cool.
>>
>>78343972
Yep.
>>
>>78343791
So when does Dr Rayon appear in Rebels?
>>
>>78343965
RotS>TFA>PM>>>>>>AotC
>>
File: Hideo_Kojima_and_JJ_Abrams.jpg (217KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo_Kojima_and_JJ_Abrams.jpg
217KB, 1024x830px
>>78343965
>Do I fit in yet?

All 7 movies are enjoyable when seen as parts of a whole. Stop trying to be edgy you dunce.
>>
V > IV = VII > VI > III >>>>>> I > II

Can we all agree on this?
>>
>>78343878

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYaXwv1peeQ

This is what a lightsaber fight shold be like. Not

>AAAARRGGHHHHH

>BZZT BBZZZT FLIP FLIP FLIP BZZT

These two guys look like they're gonna kill each other, Jedi in the prequels look like they're dancing
>>
>>78343900
The prequels suffered from bad acting, characters who nobody could really identify with, humor that was misplaced and a very very boring backdrop of a story. You see people joke about "finally a scrolling text/plotline not about trad routes" but that sort of thing is really boring. At least compared to the OT which really was space adventures

I'll give you worldbuilding but a lot of that worldbuilding comes with the things that the PT gave life to, not the movies in as of themselves
>>
>>78343972
Yep, naturally. Now it's a three-sided argument rather than two-sided.
>>
>>78344012
>VII
>Greater than anything except I, and II
no
>>
What the PT did right: worldbuilding
What TFA did right: characters
>>
>>78343929
Exactly. It bothered me how absolutely no fight in the prequels measured up to that one.

TCW had a lot of good fights though
>>
>>78344016
They really don't. Give me one instance of a dance fight outside of Obi and Ani spinning their sabers really fast.
>>
>th-there's no way TFA will do good! I-it's opening in December. It'll do decent, but it's not gonna break any records or anything

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4134&p=.htm
>>
V > IX > VIII > IV = VII > VI > III > Power gap > I > 2x power gap > II
>>
>>78344012
It's the internet.

Nobody agrees on anything except that the other person is an ass.
>>
>>78344016
God that new fight in TFA felt very samurai once again.

Gimme some Samurai movie recs senpai.
>>
>>78344009
>All 7 movies are enjoyable
I disagree

>>78344012
This has as far as I can tell been some kind of general consensus though VII, VI and III sort of get mixed up in the middle
>>
Can you assholes please stop talking about the movie, I want to discussion Rebels.
>>
>>78344065
This
>>
>>78344059
Who ever thought that is a fool. It's Star Wars, the largest media franchise on the planet, of course it will break records.
>>
>>78344057
Anakin vs. Dooku is probably the epitomet of dance fighting and it's also the shittiest fight in the prequels. I don't know what Lucas was thinking
>>
File: mm.png (163KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
163KB, 434x434px
>>78344092
Sabine is my waifu
>>
>>78344092
Fuck off back to /tv/ you shill
>>
>>78344092
What about Rebels do you want to talk about?

Perhaps you'd like to discuss Pablo's coffee instead?
>>
>>78344092
Rebels is on break right now
>>
>>78344092
But there's no episode. We've already out talked everything

>>78344059
/tv/ on suicide watch?
>>
V>VII>IV>VI=III>I>II
>>
File: captain-phasma1.jpg (90KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
captain-phasma1.jpg
90KB, 768x433px
So i just saw TFA and it was pretty good
But like a lot of people i was super disapointed by Phasma's role in the movie
Much like boba fett she looked cool but didn't really do anything, got humiliated and taken out too easily
Now the same could be said of boba fett but he sort of recovered
It took alot of adventures that didn't always make sense for people to forget he was hit by a blind man and ate by a sand vagina
And people still bring that up
But that was all wacky EU stuff and phasma is confirmed to be appearing in the next movie and they probably realized that they wasted her in the tfa and give her a more prominent role, if they're not dummies that is
So she'll have to do some "baddass" or "cool" thing in the next one and while there are a lot of things she could do i propose one simple thing that would utterly wipe that humiliation away and let her have some sort of revenge not involving killing off a main character:
Have her sexually assault Rey
Discuss
>>
>>78344125
Forgot pic
>>
>>78344129
>Star Wars TV show on break right after the movie has aired

do these people hate profit?
>>
File: wojack eastwood.png (222KB, 1011x1049px) Image search: [Google]
wojack eastwood.png
222KB, 1011x1049px
>>78344068

The blind swordsman movies from the 60s

Also Yojimbo, you probably saw it already but it's fucking excellent. My second favorite movie ever with the exception of it's remake A fistfull of Dollars
>>
>>78344118
I'll give you that. But I'll blame the editor.
>>
>>78344068

13 Assassins

There's a lot of build up, but the pay off is there is a shit ton of fighting and murdering.
>>
>>78344120
>Sabine has a line where she says she considers her helmet to be "like her face"
>Infinity Figure has her not wearing it

SOILED IT
>>
>>78344043
Pretty much. The prequels had a lot of interesting new worlds and lore that had not been seen in the saga before, but TFA had organic and likable characters.
>>
I think an ideal lightsaber fight has emotion, purpose, and character portrayed though the choreography.

The prequel fights had good purpose and character (we must defeat this Sith and we are well trained in using a lightsaber) but no emotion. Obi-wan doesn't fight like he's mad or determined or anything after Qui-gon bites it, he just kinda goes back to fighting.

The original trilogy had all three in every fight except maybe the first one with Darth and Ben. I really need to see the new movie again to get a better feeling, but I think it did all three pretty well.

I'm not against flashy choreography as long as it makes sense
>>
>>78344143
Not possible because Rey would never find her self anywhere near garbage.
>>
>>78343929
No, the fight was garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
File: GustavWagner4.jpg (54KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
GustavWagner4.jpg
54KB, 650x488px
>>78344006
I thought ROTS was the worst of the prequels, actually. Anakin force-chokes his wife (which is what he was trying to prevent), but then she dies an hour later from having her neck mildly squeezed? Or did she somehow will herself to death in an hour, even though she's got kids? Not to mention Grievous and Dooku having such unimpressive fight scenes. AOTC had that shitty love story, and TPM had Jar-Jar, but they also at least had Darth Maul and Jango Fett. ROTS was just a murky mess.

>>78344009
Disliking movies is edgy now?

>>78344043
TFA had some really lousy characters though. Rey was boring, Kylo's an emo faggot, Hux is an overacting buffoon, and Phasma is just nothing.
>>
>>78344012
This is objectively correct.
>>
File: BestShip.jpg (259KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
BestShip.jpg
259KB, 612x459px
Friendly reminder that Finn and Poe is the true otp of the movie.
>>
>>78344143
>Now the same could be said of boba fett but he sort of recovered
How?

She'll be back next movie
>>
>>78343878

Doesn't change the fact that the prequel duels have absolutely no emotional weight behind them. Just compare something like Dooku vs. Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan to the duel from Empire of Jedi. It's nonsense. Also, the arena scene on Genosis with the 6 gorillion Jedi is terrible.

Man, was there one good thing about Attack of the Clones? Say what you will about TPM but at least it had Duel of the Fates.
>>
>>78344020
The movies set the stage of the Clone Wars across a galaxy with many different and exotic alien locales filled with distinctive armies with distinctive equipment.

Anyone else find the ships in TFA were pretty bland outside the carbon copies from the OT? The Resistance has a flying brick with Leia in it, while the First Order uses flatbread skiffs.

TFA also had plenty of "quirky" humor moments that are no doubt hit and miss depending on the individual.
>>
File: 1445116666914.png (92KB, 374x318px) Image search: [Google]
1445116666914.png
92KB, 374x318px
>>78344243
>tfw Episode 8 is just 2 hours of Isaac pounding John's black ass
>>
>>78344219
>Phasma is just nothing
That part insults the most. I wasn't even expecting to like her or anything but how dare they try and say she'll be the Next Generation Boba Fett, and then her only significant scene is her being captured and used as a comedic straightman.
>>
>>78344043
I liked Finn, Kylo, even Phasma who basically wasn't even there- wasn't really a fan of Rey even though she's gonna be the main character

But there's a reason Han is so goddamn popular, you know? He stands up even today as a fun character in the old movies.
>>
>Syndow is just some old guy from pre-Empire as opposed to Kanan after giving up on being a Jedi
O-okay

>>78344143
She's confirmed to return
http://screencrush.com/kasdan-episode-8-force-awakens-character-spoiler/
>Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie. “She’s an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word.”

>>78344219
>but then she dies an hour later from having her neck mildly squeezed
Woman can die giving birth you know? Its not something made up for Star Wars.
Especially under extreme stress
>>
>>78344197
>Obi-wan doesn't fight like he's mad or determined or anything after Qui-gon bites it, he just kinda goes back to fighting.
I disagree, he was clearly fighting differently, but I agree with the rest of that

>>78344219
>but they also at least had Darth Maul and Jango Fett.
What was good about Darth Maul in TPM? Maul was not a character at all. He was just a blob of evil. No character, no nothing. Until TCW anyway.

Jango was okay.
>>
>>78344243

Couple of top lads taking a TIE fighter out for a spin.
>>
File: jango3.jpg (34KB, 340x406px) Image search: [Google]
jango3.jpg
34KB, 340x406px
>>78344264
>Man, was there one good thing about Attack of the Clones?
>>
>>78344276
Did she ever do anything? Did she fire a single shot?
>>
>>78344276
I thought what little scenes Phasma had were fairly intimidating and unless they basically just gave us the middle finger in pre-release interviews and information, she's going to be back, no doubt.
>>
How does the Rey/Kylo Ren lightsaber fight stack up to the rest of the series' lightsaber fights?
>>
>>78344273
>the Clone Wars across a galaxy with many different and exotic alien locales filled with distinctive armies with distinctive equipment
Right, things we do not see in the movies. But we do read a lot about in expanded materials

>TFA also had plenty of "quirky" humor moments that are no doubt hit and miss depending on the individual.
There is not a single character in TFA that give the same kind of vitrolic reaction as Jar Jar. Or 3PO on a B1s head
>>
>>78344282
>Woman can die giving birth you know
They live in a world where FTL travel exists. How the fuck did they not cure death from childbirth?
>>
>>78344043
What the PT did right: Worldbuilding, score

What TFA did right: Characters, dialogue, tone, use of CGI and practical effects, simple plot and not too much exposition, fast pacing (a bit too fast though) and casting + acting
Also, no ewoks, gungans or other stupid shit to pander to children.
>>
>>78344299
Jango was better than Boba Fett.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>78344219
>TFA had some really lousy characters though. Rey was boring, Kylo's an emo faggot, Hux is an overacting buffoon, and Phasma is just nothing.

Having internal conflict is now "emo"? But yeah, Rey was fairly boring .Finn and Poe were great though.
>>
>>78344307
I really want to say it's the best ever, but I think Luke vs. Vader Round 2 is the perfect combination of choreography, scenery and purpose. Three things I think make up a good lightsaber fight.

So I'll just say it's really good. The Finn part of the fight was good too
>>
File: kr_ts.jpg (1MB, 4096x1712px) Image search: [Google]
kr_ts.jpg
1MB, 4096x1712px
>>78344016
The Prequels had force-sensitives at the peak of their power. They used the Force like pre-cog, allowing for instantaneous strikes.

They're fully trained in the Force, so flips and speed make sense.

If anything, the weighted feel of the OT makes no damn sense, mainly because lightsabers are nearly weightless (besides the hilt). There's no need for the long and swings Luke and Vader employ, as lightsabers don't build momentum.

They should act more like fencing if anything. Quick thrusts and strikes, with equally fluid movements guided by the Force.
>>
>>78344141
>VII>IV
The copy didn't even have space battles.
>>
>be black
>take white girl to see the Force Awakens
>she hasn't even watched any of the movies or the trailer
>she loves it
>have plenty of laughs making fun of Kylo, we kiss for the first time after the movie.

On behalf of all black men, I'd like to personally thank JJ Abrams for making the best intergalactic, interracial date movie of all-time.
>>
>>78344307
Better than the prequels, but worse than the Originals. The fight itself was great, it was simple and not over-done. But it didn't feel as climactic or important than I think it should have.
>>
>>78344299

I loved him in Bounty Hunter. Not so much in Clones.
>>
>>78344327
It's hard to disagree with the correct opinion.
>>
>>78344243
I wish that TRAITOR Stormtrooper was Phasma instead, and the trilogy was Finn vs Phasma while Rey and Kylo Ren do their thing

Imagine a baton vs baton battle on a volcano planet
>>
>>78344264
>Man, was there one good thing about Attack of the Clones?
Dexster jetster
>>
>>78344276
I'd say maybe she gets something cool in the next movie, but honestly I don't have high hopes for episode 8.

>>78344282
Yeah, but Star Wars is supposed to have incredibly advanced technology. They can't prevent a death in childbirth?

>>78344285
Maul was menacing, had good fight scenes, and managed to communicate a lot with just stares and his animalistic pacing. Having Padme go "We'll take the long way" when Maul showed up told you everything you needed to know about Maul.
>>
>people on /tv/ seriously think SW doesn't make money on marketing

Oh my god
>>
File: starwarsI_8275.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsI_8275.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>78344159
It's been on break for a few weeks, anon.

And they did this last season as well. A lot of shows do this. The Walking Dead, the biggest drama show on TV, does this and still pulls in millions.

>Obi-wan doesn't fight like he's mad or determined or anything after Qui-gon bites it, he just kinda goes back to fighting.

Are you kidding? He may not go full Luke(since he's had more training) but he does have anger on his face and fights more fiercely and more determined when the duel resumes.Obi-Wan goes back to his training and doesn't give in to his anger like Luke did. He gets control of himself.

>>78344264
>Dooku vs. Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan

That duel wasn't about emotional weight though, like Anakin vs. Obi-Wan or Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul. They weren't fighting for some emotional reason. They were trying to stop Dooku from escaping so that they could end the war before it really got started.

I don't see how the arena scene with a couple hundred Jedi is terrible.

And yes, other than the bad Padme x Anakin romance scenes in some parts of the film(mostly the scenes on Naboo and Geonosis), it's good.
>>
>>78344357
Cool story Boyega
>>
>>78344314

Sheev killed her to complete Vader's transformation. That's why he was certain she was dead when Vader asked.
>>
File: Jango_OP.jpg (260KB, 1024x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Jango_OP.jpg
260KB, 1024x1450px
>>78344299
>>78344327
>I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
>>
>>78344402
>>>Obi-wan doesn't fight like he's mad or determined or anything after Qui-gon bites it, he just kinda goes back to fighting.
Forgot to quote the post I'm dumb>>78344285
>>
>>78344333
>Having internal conflict is now "emo
Yes? When Jacen is literally crawling in his skin he is pretty fucking emo
>>
>>78344307

1. Luke vs. Vader, ROTJ
2. Luke vs. Vader, ESB
3. Finn/Rey vs. Kylo
4. Qui-Gonn/Obi-Wann vs. Darth Maul
5. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

The rest aren't worth mentioning.
>>
>>78344312
>Right, things we do not see in the movies. But we do read a lot about in expanded materials
So Geonosis, Utapau, Christophsis, Felucia and others were never seen in the movies? The clone army and their gear and the droid army and their gear weren't in the movie?

>There is not a single character in TFA that give the same kind of vitrolic reaction as Jar Jar. Or 3PO on a B1s head
No, instead we have "The dastardly chrome plated Phasma! Now crushed into cube form after being made Chewie's bitch" and "Tasu Leech, that guy you may have bought a figure of who was in the movie for like two seconds!" And so many others. Sarco Plank was sure important in this movie, right?

They may not be comedic but there sure were a lot of characters they built up in the pre-release months that were wasted or non-existence potential.
>>
Anybody got a link to the full soundtrack?
>>
>>78344327
I can't, you're absolutely correct.

>>78344333
It is when you throw temper tantrums and blame daddy instead of dealing with it like a man. I agree with you on Finn and Poe though, I'd have preferred one of them to be the lead.

>>78344377
He was pretty good in Clones, I thought. He brawls with Obi-Wan (the guy that killed Darth Maul and defeats Anakin for the first time) man-to-man and in space, shoots that one Jedi that attacked Dooku, and is pretty menacing. Sure Mace Windu takes him out quickly, but Mace is Yoda-tier and Jango had just gotten trampled by a space-rhino.
>>
>>78344452
Why?
>>
>>78344430
You heard it hear folks.
If a character has any amount of internal struggle, they're emo.
Obviously we should also declare that if a character is fallible they're a weak character.
>>
>>78344307
The Star Wars kid video is better than the Black Janitor and his strong independent and powerful girlfriend who need no man vs the guy who trained with Luke jobbing
>>
>>78344274
>With Rey cheering in the background.
>>
>>78344449
Well first of all, we know Phasma's coming back for the sequels. Also,I don't remember any of those guys being in the posters/trailers whatever.

More importantly, I don't see how being disappointed a side character didn't have enough screentime is equivalent to overly misplaced humor 0 people like
>>
>>78344470
When they blame mommy and daddy not loving them enough for being evil yeah its emo m8
>>
>>78344470
>hear
God fucking dammit.
>>
>>78344430

>literally crawling in his skin

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Haven't read the EU. And Kylo was refreshing because he wasn't a Vader clone. He was a dark side user pulled by the light. He wasn't some invincible badass. It was nice.
>>
Boba's costume and gun are better but Jango gets way more characterization in the actual films.

Speaking of guns, I went to the Star Wars exhibit in NYC and got a bunch of Blaster pictures.

Unfortunately they're on my brother's phone and considering the amount of secret fetish bullshit I'm pretty sure he has on there, it's unlikely that he'll just let me borrow it for a little while to transfer files.
>>
>>78344307
By far the best staged lightsaber fight. It looks gritty, realistic and more intense than any fight we've seen in Star Wars before, but the end of the fight was anticlimactic
The TFA duels were fast and visually impressive like the PT fights, but also intense, emotional and brutal like the OT fights.
>>
>>78344480

[citation needed]

Pretty sure nothing was ever said about Kylo turning to the dark side because Han and Leia didn't love him. In fact, all we know is that Snoke turned him to the dark side.
>>
>>78344480
Weird.
I don't remember Kylo doing that, or acting like that at all.
>>
>>78344482
I'm saying he is crawling in his skin his wounds they will not heal. You know the quintessential emo song. And no evil because genetics characters are always awful
>>
>>78344400
>They can't prevent a death in childbirth?
Padme didn't die from the childbirth itself, though. The droid said everything was going normal but Padme had no will to live afterwards. No medicine can prevent that, and in her case it would have been cruel to force her to stay alive.
>>
>>78344480
>When they blame mommy and daddy not loving them enough for being evil
This literally never happened
>>
>>78344511
You must have watched a new hope instead. I understand the confusion they are very similar
>>
File: Ewok.webm (935KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ewok.webm
935KB, 480x360px
>>
>>78344501
>Boba's boring ass rifle
>better than Jangos space coowboy pistols
>>
>>78344544
Isn't that where you should be?
>>
>>78344461
So they can listen to it? What kind of question is that?

>>78344452
I assume >>78343157 is uploading all the Film Soundtracks. The Force Awakens Soundtrack appears to already been in there. Go check it out.

It's also uploaded on DisneyMusicVEVO's Youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/y8ac1Qg-r-8?list=PLUU0SWK_OL9Rzldg8NwSHJDa0xy1f0xuV
>>
>>78344515

Genetics characters?
>>
File: 1427404856327.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1427404856327.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>78344548
I wanna fuck those Ewoks.
>>
>>78343725
I'm sorry that your attention span is so limited. Perhaps you could get some enjoyment out of Star Wars Rebels. It's geared toward children and only lasts 22 minutes. You'll love it!
>>
>>78344563
>generic sci-fi pistols
>cooler than a modified WW1 flare gun

You people are so boring.
>>
>>78344566
Ugh ... this place is so toxic
Maybe we should go back to tumblr
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450643889295.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450643889295.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>78344264
Christ, not every duel needs to leave it's audience in tears.

ANH's duel sure as hell didn't. Neither did Luke's fight in the cave.

All of the fights are shown within the context of fighter competency.

>Prequels - An entire galaxy's worth of force-sensitive fighters. Why would they NOT be elaborate as hell?
>OT - The fighters are either old or crippled. Slow, visually unappealing, but important fights.
>TFA - The art of lightening combat is coming back, leads to combat which is a fusion of PT and OT.
>>
>>78343677
>All CGI meme

Top kek. Try harder faggot.
>>
>>78344307
1. Anakin vs Obi-Wan (RotS)
2. Luke vs Darth Vader (RotJ)
3. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul (TPM)
4. Yoda vs Darth Sidious (RotS)
5. Lightsaber duels from Star Wars: The Clone Wars series
6. Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren (TFA) = Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku (RotS)
7. Luke vs. Darth Vader (ESB)
8. Obi-Wan vs General Grievous (RotS) = Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul (TPM)
9. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda vs Count Dooku (AotC)
10. Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader (ANH)
>>
Now that Star Wars is a comedy series, will we be getting a live-action family sitcom? Or rather, how soon will we get it?
>>
File: Malani.gif (1009KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Malani.gif
1009KB, 320x240px
>>78344615
No, they're pure.
>>
>>78344322
>simple plot and not too much exposition
More exposition was needed though. The plot about Kylo and a map to find Luke was fine but for some reason there was Death Star 3 and some planets blew up and no one cared about it much.
>>
>>78344630
In a world were every gun is a modified WW1/2 gun, space cowboy pistols are pretty cool and unique, especially dual wielded with a jetpack
>>
>>78344671
I'd agree but I'd switch RotJ and RotS
>>
>>78344479
Jar Jar wasn't made for the adults, he was made for the kids, so unsurprisingly kids took to his antics better than adults. Rather like the ewoks. Whether you can conceive it or not your claim of "0 people" is flat out wrong.

What does Phasma coming back mean when you don't know how she'll be used? Jar Jar came back, after all. Also marketing was far more extensive than just trailers and posters (though Phasma was prominently displayed in the posters). The marketing blitz involved a lot of these characters who turned out to have little to no real presence in the movies. There is a difference between not receiving any large backstory on the Naboo Minister or Padme's personal guard, but there are characters the marketing pointed people to who ended up being nothing. You fixate on the humor instead of wasted character potential, which is the real point. Jar Jar could be said to have had too much screen time for too little actual impact, to the point where he detracted from the story. Others, and you can find them in this thread, were looking for characters that Disney/Lucasfilm had pushed on us who ended up being no significance or even any real presence in the film. In this case it isn't over exposure but under exposure. Both can lead to disappointment. You're building up Jar Jar as far more important because he is, to you, a figure of universal disgust. Okay. But the point wasn't universal but disappointment.
>>
I really wish there was a look into all the corporations in Star Wars that act behind the scenes of the movies and everything else. Things like Sienar, BlasTech, Banking Clan, etc. It would be cool to see how they rationalize making weapons for the Empire and First Order, despite knowing what they are used for.
>>
>>78344658

Luke's vision duel on Dagobah was at least interesting. As a viewer we had now idea what the fuck was going on and when Vader's "head" exploded shit got real. The duel at the end of AotC didn't have to have emotional weight, but it could have least been exciting. I especially had the part where Anakin gets the two lightsabers and prances around like a retard only for him just to literally stand stock still 20 seconds later so Dooku can cut his arm off. I could go into the Yoda stuff but it can really be summed up by saying it was unintentionally hilarious, especially's Yoda's battle cry.

>YEAAARGH
>>
>>78343929
Straight up truth.
>>
>>78343023
I really wish there were a way to make this lightsaber make sense. You'd end up cutting right through the emitter if you went down it all the way.
>>
File: rogue-one-cast-photo-d23.jpg (268KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-one-cast-photo-d23.jpg
268KB, 1280x853px
Are they the Knight of Ren after going
ROGUE(ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY)?
>>
>>78344661

Yes, they had a practical set for the actors to stand on to end the scene. What's your point? It doesn't handwave the giant oceans of CGI, eye raping lava and the giant CGI towers where Obi-Wan and Anakin had their comical duel. The bit where they were swinging on ropes like Tarzan seriously didn't make you giggle a little?
>>
>>78344770
Not gonna lie, that Yoda scream did spoil that fight. Lucas got on a weird kick about adding "dramatic" cries, the weirdest being Luke falling down the cloud city shaft using the Emperor's scream, of all things.
>>
>>78344009
The fuck?
>>
File: Luke, I'm already a demon.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Luke, I'm already a demon.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
>>78344009
WHOA WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>78344769
A New Dawn has it. Basically, they wanted profits, like Porsche and Krupp.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450642646934.jpg (35KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450642646934.jpg
35KB, 720x960px
>>78344770
It's almost as if all the duels have context.
They were going up against Dooku, who was a well-respected and highly skilled Jedi master.

The whole fucking point of the fight was to emphasize how inexperienced and hotheaded Anakin was. That and the fact that they had to try and stop Dooku before he escaped.

Yoda was also added in to show how outclassed Doily himself was.
>>
>>78344822
You're an idiot. It was green screen, not CGI.
>>
>>78344817
One of them will be Rey's parent
>>
>>78343569

Horrid movie. Opening cluster fuck battle a complete bore. Nonsensical plot. Having the emperor and Yoda flipping around like retards instead of being mystical. Still using Jar Jar in a movie. Terrible romance between Padme and Anakin. Anakin and Obi fight hopping around on little robots for 30 minutes. Nooo!!

Best of the prequels but none of those movies are over a 5/10 for me. Definitely fails.
>>
>>78343518
Man I like the prequels doesn't make them less dogshit.
>>
>>78344276
Maybe next time you'll learn not to believe their lies.
>>
>>78344758
>so unsurprisingly kids took to his antics better than adults
Do you know any kids that liked JarJar?

I was 9 when TPM came out and I know I didn't. TCW was a thing. Do you know any modern day kids that liked him? I don't think he succeeded in any capacity
>>
>>78344264
Christopher Lee was top notch even if the film was shit. At least he hammed it up; none of the other actors even had a personality.
>>
Considering how unanimously despised The Force Awakens was, is there any hope at all for Episode VIII?
>>
>>78344822
The rope swing was the worst part for sure, but it only happens once.

Also, did you know that Lucas actually had a crew film an actual exploding volcano, to use for that fight? And as the other anon said, a lot of it was all miniatures inserted into the background. The interior fight scenes had sets.

I think Lucas did literally every single thing possible to make "final fight on a lava planet" as visually impressive as possible.

Literally the only thing I would have cut was the rope swing.
>>
>>78344961
If it doesn't follow ESB to a T (even though it was the best movie, so opinions might be swayed by that), 8 shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>78344307
1. Luke vs Vader (TESB)
2. Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren (TFA)
3. Luke vs Vader (ROTJ) (Best score though)
4. Obi Wan vs Anakin (ROTS)
5. Obi Wan vs Darth Vader (ANH)

I don't care about the rest.
>>
>>78344009

Actually 4 of the movies are enjoyable and 3 are total dog shit. So as a whole Star Wars is pretty shit which is unfortunate because I really liked the franchise when I was like 12.
>>
Watching it again, he gets one clean kill on a Jedi Master, sure- but he still goes out like kind of a punk. Windu just charges him and beheads him, like that.
>>
File: 1449539871484.jpg (124KB, 691x680px) Image search: [Google]
1449539871484.jpg
124KB, 691x680px
>>78344905
>Buzzwords: The post

>>78343901
>I-it has weight so it must be good!

Christ this thread is shit.
>>
>"His ability to use the Force grants him many impressive combat skills, but Kylo Ren is no Jedi, nor is he a Sith. He is the archetype of a new generation of dark side users that have emerged to fill the void left by the Sith's demise."
>>
>>78344952

I love Christopher Lee, and he was amazingly hammy as Saurman, but he just came off as bland in the movie(s) to me. I wish we'd been introduced to the character in Phantom Menace. Why not show Qui-Gonn's master became disillusioned with the Jedi Order/became so upset at Qui-Gon's needless death he renounces the Jedi Order at the end. The handling of the villains in the prequels is actually a huge sore point with me. I would have liked more Maul to stick around or for Grievous to have been established earlier. Consistency would have been great. Except we got a revolving door of barely developed characters we didn't give a fuck about.
>>
>unanimously despised
The dumb masses are eating it up for its hilarious call-backs and loud mouth black guy. Each new star wars movie will easily take all spots for the top 10 highest grossing movies. But yes, they will continue to be mediocre.
>>
>>78345006
Come to think of it, he dies from a dumb mistake- trying to snag a jedi's lightsaber with his bare hands as opposed to just shooting him dead when he loses it.
>>
>>78344961
>unanimously despised The Force Awakens was

u wot m8?
>>
>>78343569
It failed because it placed it's best scenes at the beginning and the end, then filled it everything in between with forgettable shit.
>>
File: 1.png (986KB, 935x704px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
986KB, 935x704px
>Knockoff Mouse Droid

Man, these old cartoons.
>>
File: 17___CycO964.jpg (21KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
17___CycO964.jpg
21KB, 453x500px
>>78345004
I'm not so sure you've outgrown your twelve-year old self Anon.
>>
>>78344383

>Imagine a baton vs baton battle on a volcano planet
<Phasma instead,

Go watch the prequels you Jango/Shitty Anakin loving faggot.
>>
>>78344961
It's not unanimously despised, but it's got a few problems that make it seem mediocre to me. 8 could be good, could be shit. It's too early to tell.
>>
File: 1450738445183.png (773KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1450738445183.png
773KB, 800x450px
>>78344961
>Considering how unanimously despised The Force Awakens was
>>
>>78345044
Everyone on /tv/ hates it.
>>
>>78345022
I think the prequels should have had something similar to the Nights of Ren for the separatists military leaders with Grievous being the leader and Dooku being the overall leader
>>
>>78344352
I thought it was well established that lightsabers were very difficult to wield for non-Force users? Something about the blade having a lot of resistance to movement that required use of the Force to wield properly? This is actually the biggest problem I have with TFA, Finn shouldn't have fared as well as he did against Ren (even if he got his ass kicked).
>>
>le true fans hate TFA meme is beginning

lel
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 936x703px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 936x703px
>>78345055
Yep, this is perfect screencap material
>>
>>78345068
they are memeing, they want starwars to go away
>>
File: 1449028699969.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449028699969.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>78344961
>Considering how unanimously despised The Force Awakens was
You're wishful thinking has a better chance of getting you into the next star wars.
>>
>>78344671

Putting any of the Prequel fights in the top 5.

Disgusting pleb.
>>
>>78344961
Shit bait
>>
File: 55930413.jpg (100KB, 397x295px) Image search: [Google]
55930413.jpg
100KB, 397x295px
>>78345068
>/tv/
>>
>>78345068
/tv/ doesnt even watch television or movies. Its a designated shitposting board, like /b/ and /v/. Only memes and shitposting thrives there.
>>
>>78345068
>Everyone on /tv/
All 12 of them? Gosh. Ultimately, 4chan's opinion will always be the reverse of the majority. Since we're all so smart and intellectual.
>>
>>78343420
>Anyone else feel like they found the perfect style of lightsaber fights in TFA?

Everyone who pulls out a lightsaber in TFA clearly has zero idea how to use one, except Kylo, who has some moderate idea

So yes

Yes it was perfect
>>
>>78345059
>Being this triggered by the Prequels.

Where did George touch you as A kid Anon?
>>
>>78344291
Two bros just disappearing for hours at a time and coming back with their clothes disheveled. You know just bro things.
>>
>>78344758

Ewoks were actually kind of scary and cute. They also didn't speak broken english like huge faggots and were useful in destroying the second death star.

Jar Jar ruined the Phantom Menace along with child Vader. Unfortunately they set the tone for the rest of the prequels and which is why I won't ever watch them again.
>>
I know it's not the show's style because it's focused on the one rebel group/family unit, but I want to see a Rebels episode just focused on Boba working.
>>
>>78345068
There is no hivemind, some hated it, some liked it. The problem is /tv/ is now 99% SW board and it pisses people off.
>>
>>78345068

Have you been to /tv/? It's not like real life. Their biggest meme going is Quentin Tarantino farting on some black woman's talk show. It's /r9k/ levels of bad at this point.
>>
>>78345148
Now then, I thought the Gungans were pretty cool, Jar Jar was a mistake.
>>
>>78344273
I haven't heard anybody complain about any joke in TFA and I've been soaking up as much reviews as I possibly can.
>>
>>78345161
What are you talking about? shut up you scrub.
>>
>>78345104
>not accurately ranking the fights
Only pleb here is you.
>>
Is Kasdan writing Rogue One?
>>
>>78343420
I dunno. It all seemed like mindless swinging and stabbing to me. Very aggressive; very Sith-like.
>>
>>78344273
I absolutely love Kylo's ship
>>
>>78345175

>I thought the Gungans were pretty cool,

Casuals everyone.
>>
File: 1412563568721.gif (1011KB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
1412563568721.gif
1011KB, 352x198px
>>78345146

>mfw Poe let Finn keep his jacket
>"It suits you!"
>>
>>78344327
Fett has millions of brothers and manages to be the worst one.
Not even Dogma is worse then him.
>>
>>78345184
No, why would anyone want him near another Star Wars film?
>>
>>78344043
>What TFA did right: characters

I want to say theyre good but the movie just didn't allow them to develop as much as I want. I'm still annoyed by Finn's jump from PTSD to hooping and hollering when he blasts his old comrades away.
>>
>>78345184
No.
>>
I want a lightsaber duel in the new movies that just like two minutes of the music building up to an emotional crescendo while the protagonist flashes back and then ends with the protagonist bisecting the bad guy with a single vertical swing in a split second

Because these movies are clearly based on samurai westerns
>>
>>78345196
Well, you have to admit they had a nice underwater city and all that. It wasn't something we'd seen before in Star Wars.
>>
>>78345184
Who cares, it'll be shit either way. You'll all see, Star Wars isn't as interesting as you nerds believe, as soon as you focus on an average solider and not the flashy glowstick wielders it'll all go out the crapper.
>>
>>78345178
Some of Clone Wars' best episodes were the ones that had literally nothing to do with Anakin and friends.

I want to see a Rebels episode based on Boba hunting a Bounty. That's it. Episode where Sabine ends up meeting Boba, and they have a moment because of
>Mando Heritage

mite b gud
>>
>>78345206
Did I say I did?

>>78345217
Who is then? I know he's on for VIII and Solo solo
>>
>>78345223

Whoa, I just watched that scene not 10 minutes ago. The music when Frank is hanging Harmonica's brother is fucking incredible.
>>
>>78345238
>Did I say I did?
You never said you did. I wasn't accusing you of saying that. It was a question poised to others.
>>
>>78345223
Considering how they remodeled The Old Republic art-style via Darth Bane in TCW I imagine anything set their will have major eastern inspiration
>>
>>78344449
So your saying that having characters you want to see more of is as bad as having characters you wish you'd seen less of? because thats moronic.
>>
>>78345210
People are falling for the bait of him being "noble" and shit. Half of the people who Ive talked to didnt get that he was bullshitting when he says "It was the right thing to do"
>>
File: comfy-cat.jpg (49KB, 524x700px) Image search: [Google]
comfy-cat.jpg
49KB, 524x700px
>>78345202
>mfw this is the Star Wars equivalent of a football player giving his girlfriend his letterman jacket.
>>
>>78345238
He's not on for VIII either. Just Solo, and he was working on that before he was brought on for VII.

Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz are writing Rogue One
>>
>>78345253
It's a very tight scene, and Harmonica shitting all over Frank's face ties it all up neatly.

It's probably the best gunfight Ennio Morricone's ever done.
>>
>>78345238
John Knoll, Chris Weitz and Gary Whitta.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii

http://www.starwars.com/news/gareth-edwards-and-gary-whitta-onboard-for-star-wars-stand-alone-film
>>
>>78345290
What have those literal whos done before?
>>
>>78345223
>Because these movies are clearly based on samurai westerns
I'm pretty sure Lucas has gone on record of saying that Akira Kurosawa had a huge influence on SW to the point that Toshiro Mifune was this close to being cast in SW.
>>
>>78343018
That's your opinion, and I appreciate your right to it.
But it's stupid, and you're stupid.
>>
File: 1448935017314.png (212KB, 338x353px) Image search: [Google]
1448935017314.png
212KB, 338x353px
>mfw all the way through The Force Awakens

How could a movie so hyped and marketed so hard turn out so lazy and mediocre. I'm literally embarrassed for the filmmakers.

But nothing matters but the bottom line, and the bottom line is on the way to the biggest profit in film history. The state of Hollywood is sad. The state of filmgoers is sad.
>>
File: toshi dafuq.jpg (42KB, 467x442px) Image search: [Google]
toshi dafuq.jpg
42KB, 467x442px
>>78345332
>Toshiro Mifune

I still wanna see the world where ol Toshi played Obi-Wan
>>
>>78343663
Well, I'll have to thank you for the S6 recommendation, first of those was pretty engaging. Gonna see if it holds up.
The rest...I have the list. I tried some of them and it just...it just really fails to capture my interest at all. Maybe it's the setting in general. But everything just feels so stiff and wooden and...blegh.
And goddamn do I hate that narrator intro. Such a fucking annoying voice.
>>
>>78344949
I know a lot of people who liked Jar Jar when he was a kid.
Of course I don't know ANYONE who didn't like BB-8 who is the closing equivalence.
>>
>>78345276
If they taken out that scene with the villagers and added more of his reactions to the dead stormtroopers around him, it would have tied in better with his desire to run away later out of fear of dying. He only saved Poe cuz he needed a pilot.
>>
>>78345361
hahaha XD rebloged
>>
File: look_at_them_anakin.gif (1022KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
look_at_them_anakin.gif
1022KB, 400x300px
>This entire thread

I don't see why everyone's panties are in a knot over the Movies.

If you liked them - great, good for you?

If not - tough shit, nobody's going to help you with your loss.

Can we talk about actual In-Universe stuff?

Like what's your favorite lightsaber color and form?

Clone Troopers or Storm Troopers?

Jedi or Sith? Anything but movie shit.
>>
File: 1447044926878.jpg (35KB, 623x479px) Image search: [Google]
1447044926878.jpg
35KB, 623x479px
>>78345364
>How could a movie so hyped and marketed so hard turn out so lazy and mediocre
There are really people that didn't see it coming?
>>
>>78345423
Kyle's lightsaber was pretty cool.
>>
I think it was a seriously missed opportunity to have Finn be a stormtrooper but not actually BE A STORMTROOPER.

He's like "muh past... i'm not proud of it..." but from what we know he's done literally nothing wrong, considering that during his first battle he breaks and "goes good"
>>
File: Latara.webm (480KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Latara.webm
480KB, 480x360px
>When the animation budget makes a massive jump but makes an imperfect landing.
>>
>>78345332
We'd' have gotten a gorillion EU stories with Obi-Wan going through Star Wars versions of Mifunes movies.
>>
>>78345068
Why is /Co/ the best place to discuss, well, anything?
It really feels like a safe space withour racism or misoginy, and with intelligent people no less.
/Co/ really is love
>>
>>78345443
*Kylo's
Lel
>>
I think it was all about the hype culture more than the movie itself.

People would rather be a part of the hysteria than actually watch and enjoy the movie.
>>
File: GungiLightsaber-BFR.png (401KB, 925x440px) Image search: [Google]
GungiLightsaber-BFR.png
401KB, 925x440px
>>78345443
I was always a fan of Gungi's one
>>
>>78345475

Nice false flagging brah
>>
>>78345475
fuck off kyke
>>
File: 1450496755576.png (640KB, 594x699px) Image search: [Google]
1450496755576.png
640KB, 594x699px
>>78345475
>It really feels like a safe space withour racism or misoginy, and with intelligent people no less.

This literally must be your first day here.
>>
File: racism.jpg (161KB, 1400x980px) Image search: [Google]
racism.jpg
161KB, 1400x980px
>>78345468
>Star Wars versions of Mifunes movies.

That's a fucking awesome idea tho.
>>
>>78345280

That look of recognition in Frank's eyes a couple of seconds before he dies...holy fuck. I'm also really fond of the church showdown in For a Few Dollars More.
>>
File: 1429209042285.jpg (204KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429209042285.jpg
204KB, 1920x800px
TFA Visual Dictionary confirms that this is the Star Destroyer from Lost Stars.

It seems like Lost Stars is one of the most important books related to TFA with what shows up in the movie.
>>
>>78345328
Gary Whitta did After Earth, The Book of Eli, as well as Gears of War and some of the first Season of The Walking Dead game (Telltale)

Don't know how I feel about this. He did Episode 4 of TWD I think, and I remember that being the weakest one.

John has done some Star Trek.

Chris Weitz did The Golden Compass.

Welp, suddenly all hype for Rogue One has plummeted. None of these writers seem remotely capable for Star Wars.
>>
>>78345233
You mean Sabine mocking Boba for stealing her heritage? He ain't a mando, son.
>>
Funny the shitfit people threw over Kylo Ren's lightsaber last year when it turned out to be the only part of the movie that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out and run into traffic.
>>
>>78345388
It would've been amazing man.

Nothing against Alec Guinness, but Toshiro would've been an amazing Obi-Wan. Fucking Fox producers.
>>
>>78345553
>Stealing
Nothing wrong with adopting elements of one's culture that you find agreeable, bruh.
>>
>>78345558
How? Nothing changed from last year. It's still a fucking stupid lightsaber.
>>
>>78345545
Oh goodie, and Chris's only other notable Movie was Twilight: New Moon.

And Gary is supposedly not doing RO anymore?

Man, this movie is going to be a disaster. Was bad enough that we basically know the entire plot and outcome going into it.
>>
File: Temmin_Wexley.png (151KB, 283x355px) Image search: [Google]
Temmin_Wexley.png
151KB, 283x355px
>>78345544
I haven't read Lost Stars yet (I actually just ordered it on Amazon) but Aftermath was slightly relevant since that book's main character was a Resistance pilot in the movie,
>>
>>78345584
B-but that's cultural appropriation and the SJWs say that's bad!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450641539208.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450641539208.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
>>78345475
/co/ is just as shut as the rest of the site.

The only difference is the rampant degenerate eroshit and homolust.

Compound that with the daily Company Wars shit and echo chambers about how much a writer sucks/rocks and you have /co/.

A shit board.
>>
>>78345602
I literally dont remember him in the book at all. I remember Sinjir, the Bounty Hunter, space mom, her annoying son, Mr Bones, Wedge and Sloane.

Who the hell was this guy?
>>
>>78345623
>echo chambers

This thread especially.

You wouldn't believe how butthurt people get when the thread isn't a hugbox.
>>
>>78345396
I enjoy the narrator. It opens like a Saturday morning pulp serial.

I think the stiff and wooden acting disappears late into Season 3 and into Season Four. Maybe you'll disagree, but it's up to you.

If you dislike the guide, or any of my recommendations, you can always ask again for a few others. But trust me when I say that whether you like it or not, the series does nothing but improve season by season.
>>
>>78345649
Her annoying son.
>>
>>78345593
>Cross guard stops enemy saber from sliding down and burning your fingers off
>Guard also doubles as on offensive weapon, as turning the blade burns the opponent's arms while the sabers are locked.

It wasn't even close to stupid. If anything it was overlooked.
>>
>>78345649
>her annoying son

That's him. TFA is 30 years later.
>>
File: 183550.937.png (198KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
183550.937.png
198KB, 720x304px
>>78345544
Does that go for the AT-AT lying in the desert as well. I assume they realised moments upon landing a heavy walking vehicle isn't the best for dessert terrain.
>>
File: tumblr_nzptfejAXJ1r02jobo1_1280.jpg (309KB, 600x654px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzptfejAXJ1r02jobo1_1280.jpg
309KB, 600x654px
>>
>>78344671
You're younger than 25, aren't you.
>>
>>78345681
>>>/co/mblr
>>
So I just got back from my second viewing. I enjoyed it much more, I think it being in IMAX helped. I wish we could have seen what some of the Republic cruisers looked like, there were dozens all around Hosnian Prime before it got blown up. I feel that they missed the oppourtunity to show it was the Chancellor dying on there as well for added emotional impact.
>>
>>78345669
>>78345673
Oh snap
>>
>>78345671
Are you that same idiot that has to rationalize every bad idea in here?
>>
>>78344905
>Having the emperor and Yoda flipping around like retards instead of being mystical.

And why the fuck did Yoda just give up and run away? He said he failed but it never looked like he was at a disadvantage.
>>
>>78345679
I don't think the AT-ATs show up in Lost Stars.
Jakku had an Imperial base on it, so they should have known from the get-go that AT-ATs wouldn't be useful beyond their firepower. But, considering the battle was extremely in the favor of the New Republic, the Empire had to use whatever it could.

>>78345713
They would have had to establish who the Chancellor was first for that to remotely work. Killing off characters we just meet doesn't really add that much to emotional impact.
>>
>>78344965
>The rope swing was the worst part for sure, but it only happens once.

"Guise, it's OK, the fight is only ruined this specific way once!"
>>
>>78345740
No, I defer to the guy who knows how the fuck weapons work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3MozbQj8tM
>>
>>78345764
Sheev had the high ground and Yoda could barely keep up with him. I assume that was the only chance Yoda would have had to fight Sheev, thus failing to kill him is an overall fail to the goal.
>>
>>78345781
I'm not going to let 3 silly seconds ruin an otherwise enjoyable fight anon. Sorry if it ruins it for you.
>>
Brother wants a Marvel Star Wars comic for Christmas, which ones are worth getting and which ones should I avoid?
>>
>Niima Outpost is named after the Hutt that tried to take control of the area following Jabba's death.
>She was later killed by a bounty hunter, and the outpost kept her name.
I wonder if we'll ever get to see this happen.
>>
>>78345602
Oh Porkins Jr. you were the best part of the movie.
>>
File: KotORVindication-TPB.jpg (771KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
KotORVindication-TPB.jpg
771KB, 800x1230px
>>78345809
>Brother wants a Marvel Star Wars comic for Christmas, which ones are worth getting and which ones should I avoid?

Knights of the Old Republic
>>
>>78345809
The annuals are fine
>>
>>78345809
If he has seen TFA and liked Poe, get Shattered Empire. Stay away from the "main" Star Wars comic as it is mostly trash, Leia too.
>>
>>78343018
Honestly people saying this shit are just being edgy contrarians. I wasn't blown away by Force Awakens but it was no where near the miscarriage that was Episode 3 (or any of the prequels).
>>
>>78345809
Just get Vader
>>
>>78345809
As in Trade Paperbacks?

Star Wars and Vader are perfectly decent.

If he doesn't mind Prequel Era stuff, Kanan is good. If you can get your hand on Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, that one is good too.

The only one you should avoid is Princess Leia, it's pretty slow and not very good.
>>
>>78344905
I don't understand the criticism over Yoda and the Emporer using lightsabers. I didnt think there was anything wrong with it. What would a non lightsaber fight even look like?

Also the Emporer's fight in TCW is awesome.
>>
>>78345809
All of them are good, /co/ntrarians hate them because Jason Aaron wrote the (awesome) female Thor, and Mark Waid hurt their gamergoober feelings and that is when the SJWaid crying started
>>
>Vader is easily the best written current SW comic
>gets stuck with Larroca on art

Why
>>
File: Neuranium.gif (1MB, 716x298px) Image search: [Google]
Neuranium.gif
1MB, 716x298px
why is the metal part stopping the lightsaber /co/?
>>
>>78345907
>What would a non lightsaber fight even look like?
The latter 70% of their fight.

People seem to forget that they stopped using their Lightsabers fairly quickly into the fight.
>>
>>78345920
Fem Thor is garbage, but admittedly the SW comic is pretty good.
>>
Is there any bullshit EU explanation for Obi-Wan aging so rapidly between trilogies?
Like, getting stuck in a time loop that aged him 100 years and made him senile or some shit
>>
>>78345929
Yea and honestly if anything Sidious throwing senate chairs at Yoda was the part that looked silly not the lightsabers.
>>
>>78345907
The problem is that Yoda says "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter," and the Emperor is shown as so evil that he thinks lightsabers are no real threat to him, but then they get into a fight where their crude matter clashes with lightsaber fighting.
>>
>>78345927
Why are you posting a gif from a camrip?
Don't you know you are literally hurting the franchise with your piracy?
>>
Clone Troopers > First Order Troopers > Stormtroopers
>>
File: 1450595148425.jpg (160KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1450595148425.jpg
160KB, 500x513px
>>78345929
People generally don't like thinking.

Palpatine and Yoda were top tier characters. Palpatine himself states his disgust towards Lightsabers.
>>
>>78345952
Living like a hobo after your apprentice became a Sith Lord does that to you.
>>
>>78345957
>Sidious throwing senate chairs at Yoda was the part that looked silly
I thought it was great. He was laughing his ass off the entire time, because even he knew how hilarious it all was.

>I can NOT wait to get back to Sly and Mas and tell them about this!
>I'm throwing the entire bloody Senate at him!
>>
Will Unkar Plutt be the new Jabba the Hutt? Jabba and Han's relationship is shown through all three OT movies, and the Visual Dictionary makes it seem like Unkar wouldn't be against sending goons across the galaxy to hunt down Finn and Rey for stealing "his" Falcon.
>>
>>78345974
Poor Disney is going to get bankrupt.
>>
>>78345977

I agree with you all the way, anon.
>>
File: 6884060-star-wars.jpg (458KB, 1919x1199px) Image search: [Google]
6884060-star-wars.jpg
458KB, 1919x1199px
>tfw I always loved seeing Yoda jump around and wreck shit
>>
>>78345993
>"My Lord, why did you throw multiple Senate saucers during your argument? They are very expensive and bothersome to replace."
>"Do not make me throw you too, Grand Vizier."
>>
>>78345666
Thanks Satan.
I don't doubt it, but it's just not for me.
I like Rebels a whole lot better. The setting, characters...the knowledge that even if nothing major is achieved in setup for the movies, there are still victories to be had. Clone Wars feels a bit futile in that regard since all the REALLY major plot points happen in the movies anyway. So it's more of a puppet dance.
>>
>>78346008
Then who will buy star wars? Warner? Viacom? George?
>>
File: looser.png (506KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
looser.png
506KB, 432x500px
>>78343725
>Shitskin poster having bad taste

woah what a shocker
>>
>>78345704
Nope. I was there opening night for ESB.
>>
>>78344281
>>78343204

Hating Rey only means hating a "competent female"
The movie is amazing and all of /tv/ are just being contrarians as usual. God forbid there is a positive role model for girls out there, we can't have that, oh fuck no!
>>
Turns out Hux is in his late 30's at the time of TFA. He was just a child when the Empire signed the peace treaty and his father, Brendol (from the Servants of the Empire books), kept his mind full of Empire propaganda.
>>
>>78346091
breast or leave.
>>
>>78345952
Wasn't he like 40 in RotS?
20 years can be unkind to some
>>
>>78346091
This. I had a buddy watching it with me on Thursday who is the furthest thing from an SJW, who has a couple of daughters, and above everything else he said about the movie was how excited he was for his girls to have a force user in the movies they can look up to.
>>
File: 1450664966464.jpg (52KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
1450664966464.jpg
52KB, 640x617px
What is she up to right now?
>>
File: starwars14f-1-web.jpg (92KB, 970x735px) Image search: [Google]
starwars14f-1-web.jpg
92KB, 970x735px
>mfw the people here believe that the story group is actively involved in making the movies instead of just retrofitting the novels and comics to fit with it, and write stories about background shit
>people actually think this dork whose only written RPG adventures is going up to JJ Abrams or Rian Johnson and telling them "UH, YOU CAN'T DO THAT THAT WOULD CONTRADICT EPISODE 307 OF THE CLONE WARS
>>
>>78346157
Doing that but with my dick instead of a hamburger.
>>
>>78346157
shitposting on /co/ apparently.
>>
>>78345952
Just look at how badly Owen and Beru aged as well. Desert life is not kind to organics.
>>
>>78346091
Oh, please. I was perfectly fine with Eowyn from LOTR and Tauriel from those lousy Hobbit movies, but Rey was dull as dishwater, whether she was a Mary Sue or not. She has a few tender moments with BB-8 at the start but quickly just becomes Heroine McProtagonist.
>>
>>78346115
>late 30's
>looks 25 at most
wat
>>
>>78346129
Can you not?
>>
>>78346181
I know, anon. Ages aren't really represented well in TFA. Rey is 19, Finn is 23 at least and 28 at most, Poe is 32 and none of them really look it.
>>
File: 55.jpg (188KB, 1440x1791px) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
188KB, 1440x1791px
>>78343388
>>
Why did they use Sebastian Shaw as unmasked Vader?

Wouldn't David Prowse make a much better Vader in terms of appearance?
>>
File: kylo ren at home.jpg (126KB, 350x1436px) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren at home.jpg
126KB, 350x1436px
>>78343388
>>
>>78346147
>Agreeing with pasta
Back to tumblr retard
>>
>>78346252
David Prowse couldn't act
>>
>>78345907
Sheev's fight in TCW worked because it masterfully displayed just how few fucks he gave while fighting.
His every movement radiated control, arrogance and amusement that those two plebs even thought they could touch him without his say so.
It worked because there's no inkling in your mind that they ever stood a chance; the moment Sheev thought the fun was over, that's when it ended.
Tim Curry unleashing Ham worthy of McDiarmid was the icing on the cake.
>>
File: Paul Hidalgo.png (203KB, 605x881px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Hidalgo.png
203KB, 605x881px
Damn Pablo was laying it down tonight
>>
File: 1438006491728.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
1438006491728.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>78346256
>You disagree with me therefore you are a retard
>>
Why is Fin a guy who rescues captured people because it's the "right" thing to do if stormtroopers are taken and indoctrinated as infants?
>>
>>78346274
Hahaha so funny I am literally in tears rn XD
>>
File: 1450711607496.jpg (288KB, 1976x1884px) Image search: [Google]
1450711607496.jpg
288KB, 1976x1884px
>>78345977
They're good, but they're not TR-8R level good.
>>
File: 59.jpg (451KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
451KB, 640x960px
>>78343388
>>
>>78346300
Supplementary material says that Finn was still just a cadet up until his mission on Jakku. Months prior, he started to not be swayed by the FO propaganda that the other troopers gobbled up readily.
>>
>>78346179
>Heroine McProtagonist.
No more so than anyone else in the movie, and better severed than poor Poe "I was on a bus for most of the movie" GodDameron. Rey was similar to Finn, both competent in their own skillsets but also with moments of absolutely freaking out. I don't have any problem with her power levels, she's strong in the Force and thrown into some heavy shit where she had to do-or-die. Her mechanical apptitude? She spent most of her life apparently crawling through ships digging out useful components, learning ships inside out, learning how to crawl through components into useful areas, etc.
>>
>>78346300
'Cause he's black. or because he's force sensitive and the midichlorians told him to change his ways. Or because fuck you.
>>
>>78346300
Because the indoctrination process is imperfect? Maybe the Force might have helped retain a conscience?
>>
>>78344383
>You were supposed to be the sanitation manager! You were supposed to cleanse the garbage, not put me in it!
>>
>>78346300
Its established in the movie that it was because he needed a pilot to get himself free.
>>
>>78346300
Because sometimes doing the right thing is inherent in all of us, and some people, no matter how they were raised, do act on it instead of being held back by the thought of negative consequences.
>>
Who else is ready for Super Star Destroyer's making a comeback in 8 and 9?

TFAVD implies that the Resistance is worried that the FO has SDs bigger than the Resurgent-class, which itself is twice as big as the ISDs of old. No way Pablo would put that in the book without it becoming something important later on.
>>
>>78346300
I know this is /Pol/ bait, but just because he is black and you are a racist, you don't have to nitpick flaws in his character
Go back to /Tv/
>>
>>78346334
That doesn't explain why. At. All. Not to mention how does him only being a cadet mean anything if they're indoctrinated since infancy? Is you reading comprehension that poor?
Also
>Supplementary material

This is why this movie kind of sucked. I shouldn't have to read extra material to know a thing about the characterization of a major character.
>>
>>78346340
I'm not talking power levels or abilities, I just mean that her personality is really dull. Poe and Finn had more chemistry in the TIE fighter scene than Rey does with anyone in the cast, even Han.
>>
File: jar-jar-binks.jpg (74KB, 923x386px) Image search: [Google]
jar-jar-binks.jpg
74KB, 923x386px
Like many things in the prequels, Jar Jar could have been a good character.

At his core, he's an incompetent but kind hearted individual who becomes a hero almost by mere luck, and is consequently given a position of power he's not prepared for, thus unknowingly helping the birth of the Empire.

I believe there is a lot of potential in that. Unfortunately, as we all know, it was terribly executed and ruined by terrible attempts at comedy.
>>
>>78346358
>reading comprehension
>you

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>78346419
Not really seeing things from your certain point of view, however it was weird when Leia went out of her way to hug this random chick she'd never met before.

Or does Leia still know something we don't?
>>
>>78346401
Shit bait, m8.
>>
God this thread sucks. All of you have shit opinions. This was a Disney family action movie for dumb idiots. It had some nice moments but is forgettable and uninteresting in general and is pointless to think about in any depth. That's the way all the movies will be. This is the truths, the fact. give it up.
>>
>>78346340
Apparently her only escape from life as a scavenger was building, upgrading and racing her speeder, not unlike Anakin and his podracer. Her entire life consisted of mechanics and piloting.
>>
>>78346473
>Or does Leia still know something we don't?
I think it's really heavily implied that Rey is a skywalker
>>
File: 1449078174963.jpg (106KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1449078174963.jpg
106KB, 640x718px
>>78346494
There. Got that out of your system? Feel any better?
>>
>>78346416
That's why the New Canon where everything's on a level playing field is such a perfect marketing scheme in Disney's eyes.

"Wanna know what's going on? Read a book!"
>>
>>78346524
Not really, I'm still upset desu fum.
>>
>>78346494
>is forgettable and uninteresting in general
>That's the way all the movies will be
And yet Star Wars is one of the most recognizable franchises in history, spanning over three and a half decades.
>>
File: 60.jpg (342KB, 730x1286px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
342KB, 730x1286px
>>78343388
>>
>>78346494
Just like every Marvel movie, but you can't say that in /co/mblr
>>
>>78346334
We know it's his first combat mission, so it's apparently his first exposure to just what the First Order does to people. Which I'll admit is odd, given you think they'd expose their cadets to scenes of slaughter and treat it as glorious. Maybe they don't do that to guys who rose through the ranks of the sanitation department.

That said, it WAS very odd how Finn showed such an aversion to slaughter and how quickly he went to exploding his own fellows and acting like it was the coolest thing he'd ever done. Sure it's about the difference between right and wrong but he grew up with the people under those helmets and he's treating them like mindless droids.
>>
Why do people like Jobber Phasma so much?
>>
>>78346563
No one does. Stop making shit up. We didn't even get to see her sexy body making her pointless.
>>
>>78346558
>Maybe they don't do that to guys who rose through the ranks of the sanitation department.
Before the Awakening implies that all Cadets have to be stuck with menial jobs, such as janitorial work, until they are ready to be actual Stormtroopers.
>>
How would you fix Episode 7?
>say Mark Hamill is voicing a character in Episode 7
>don't have Han or Leia appear in Episode 7
>instead have Rey getting involed in some New Republic quest to find some hidden 'artifact' while Kylo Ren and the First Order are trying to fuck the mission up
>don't give Kylo the mask yet
>take away Starkiller Base. Instead have it just be some normal base where the First Order has the final piece to the map that Rey needs
>Rey sends the final piece to the New Republic but now has to fight her way out of the Rebel Base
>she ends up trying to fight Kylo Ren using a lightsaber she found in the First Order's archives
>show some New Republic character finding out the map wasn't to an artifact, but to a person that the First Order wanted to kill
>Kylo Ren fucks her up bad until some hooded figure comes in and starts fighting him using the full power of the force. Basically pushing with the force, throwing Kylo around like the fight between the Gandalf and the White in LotR, making Kylo see multiple of the hooded figure so he's confused
>finally Kylo gets his shit together in the fight and starts attacking the hooded figure, Rey throws the lightsaber towards the figure and he slashes at Kylo's face cutting off a part of his jaw and stabbing one of his eyes
>Rey passes out
>cut to scene where Kylo is given the mask like the scene with Vader in Episode 3
>show Rey waking up in a medical bay
>show Kylo talking to a hologram of Snoke
>Snoke: "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"
>finally cut to Kylo's helmet
>Kylo: "Yes. The dark side, and the light."
>as he says 'and the light' show Rey with the hooded figure in the medical bay
>the figure takes off his hood to reveal it was Luke
>>
File: WITNESS ME.jpg (55KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS ME.jpg
55KB, 1200x600px
>>78346563
Because she's SHINY AND CHROME
>>
Post Episode VIII wishlist.
>>
>>78346598
Also the reason I gave Kylo part of Snoke's line is so the audience can get a proper taste of his masked voice.
>>
>>78346598
No way I'm reading all that. The only answer is getting someone other than JJ Bay to direct it.
>>
>>78343773
People say this but forget the entire OT aged like milk.

What the hell is wrong with Star Wars fans? The one thing that matters is the story. That's what didnt age
>>
File: 65.jpg (215KB, 1280x2026px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
215KB, 1280x2026px
>>78343388
>>
>>78346598
>fight her way out of the *Rebel Base
Meant to say First Republic.

>>78346625
Come on. It's maybe a paragraph or two if you take away the line breaks.
>>
>>78346639
that's a pretty big guy :^)
>>
>>78346634
That's bullshit. Despite being much older the OT aged much better.
>>
File: Ship_graveyard.jpg (380KB, 1280x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Ship_graveyard.jpg
380KB, 1280x1188px
>>78346600
I'd like to see a Mad Max style Star Wars story, set in some far off wasteland of a planet ravaged by the Empire/First Order/what have you.
>>
>>78346606
We see the fleet of Star Destroyers the First Order has.
Maybe see the "home base" planet of the First Order, which may be where Snoke resides.
Give Luke a good role, maybe kill him off at the end if it's justifiable.
End with the New Republic's remaining fleet mobilizing to fight the First Order at their base, both as a space and ground battle for most of 9.
>>
>>78346606
Rey, Kylo, Snoke, and Hux all die in the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>78346692
>misoginy: the post
>>
>>78346687
>Give Luke a good role, maybe kill him off at the end if it's justifiable.

So is each movie of the trilogy going to kill off one of the main three?
>>
File: Blasphemy_to_the_force_itself.jpg (257KB, 1199x925px) Image search: [Google]
Blasphemy_to_the_force_itself.jpg
257KB, 1199x925px
>>78345885
>>78345902
>>78345920
>Vader

Oh yeah, that's an AMAZING comic worth every penny.
>>
>>78346705
>3 male characters
>misogyny
nigga whut
>>
>>78346447
>why does he do it cause its "the right thing to do"?

He didn't do it just cause it was the right thing to do he needed a pilot and he saved Rey cause he wants to bang her. Through the whole movie he struggles with the concept of doing anything just because its the right thing to do. That's like his whole character he just wants to run away to protect himself and struggles to understand sacrifice for the greater good.
>>
>>78346606
Explain what anything is. What's going on. Explain the allegiances and governments first. Then follow the shenanigans of Rey, Luke and Chewie.
>>
>>78343010
What is Oscar supposed to be there?
>>
>harrison ford got $40 million
>mark hamill got at least $10 million
>carrie fisher gets $1 million
>john boyega got $300,000

This really shows you how sexism, racism and the wage gap is a REAL issue ...
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (75KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
75KB, 452x339px
>>78346741
>>
File: 447 06.png (133KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
447 06.png
133KB, 300x387px
>>78346731
God they look like a bunch of cosplayers doing a 'yeah, we're real fucking cool' pose.
>>
>>78346731
What's going on here?
>>
File: commander-karbin.jpg (489KB, 943x1469px) Image search: [Google]
commander-karbin.jpg
489KB, 943x1469px
>>78346731
Soooo good.
>>
>>78346589
Truly menial jobs, anon. Sanitation is a noble tradition. No empire or empire-wannabe can function without functioning toilets.

The truly menial job is the guy who has to replace all the computer consoles in Kylo's quarters after his various tantrums.
>>
>>78346803
oh god, I need to start reading this now.
>>
>>78346731
>>78346789
>>78346803
A bunch of wannabe Jedi/Sith special snowflakes get their ass handed to them by Vader, proving you can't beat the OG, what's wrong with that?
>>
File: Bt_burns_the_droids.jpg (206KB, 1316x947px) Image search: [Google]
Bt_burns_the_droids.jpg
206KB, 1316x947px
>>78346803
>>78346731
Oh, and who could forget these two guys!

It's like R2 and 3PO, except they're intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humor just like me! XD *holds up spork*
>>
>>78346778
No, not cosplayers, I mean every single person who's posed with a fedora and a katana unironically.
>>
>>78346773

Harrison Ford is literally the biggest box office draw of all time. Do the math.
>>
>>78346830
HK-47 was just as shitty
>>
>>78346824
Sounds fine to me.
>>
>>78346855
That's not the point. The point is that the comic is shit, stop saying it's good, you slag.
>>
>>78346606
>Go back to Coruscant, or show us another city that feels alive
>Force ghosts
>>
>>78346830
>>78346731
Hating on based Gillen?
Oh so you are a moron who parrots and follows the "I hate Tumblr Avengers and WatD" mentality
>>
>>78346889
>Stop liking what I don't like! Stop it right now!
>>
>>78346898
it's a good mentality
>>
>>78343420
not really

i kept wondering why they didn't just cut people in half

slow methodological fighting is fine for things with actual weight, not air fairy lighty sabey
>>
>Just saw the movie
Pro
>Han carried that shit
>Rey, Finn and Poe were pretty good
>Kylo was kind of autistic

Con
>Pick up lightsaber for the first time and dominate someone who had a fuckton more experience
>Rebels and New order are literally space hicks, both are supposed to be major factions yet neither have battleships what the fuck
>Autistic moments with characters just staring at each other for 30 seconds

I'm surprised to say that I enjoyed the movie, considering J.J.'s track record
>>
>>78346849
That isn't a reason to pay less to the co-stars just because of their designated sex or the color of their skin.
If that didn't show you how sexism and the wage gap is a REAL issue then you are just hopeless...
>>
File: 1436484814332.jpg (900KB, 1528x964px) Image search: [Google]
1436484814332.jpg
900KB, 1528x964px
>>78346653
>>
>>78346898
>someone who did a comic I like once is INCAPABLE of doing bad work

What's it like being stupid?
>>
>>78346889
They're goofy comic relief characters, who gives a shit?
They're as annoying as R2 and C3-PO in the OT

>>78346938
>Pick up lightsaber for the first time and dominate someone who had a fuckton more experience
While he's bleeding out from a shot that literally blew people away and [sp]had just killed his dad[/sp]
>>
File: 1376435254544.png (100KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1376435254544.png
100KB, 342x245px
>>78346938
>Pick up lightsaber for the first time
>>
>>78345835
If he had died, I would probably not be as hard on the movie.
>>
>>78346978
>They're goofy comic relief characters, who gives a shit?

Let me guess. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is one of your favorite comics?
>>
>>78346990
Just like you're mum picks up dicks every night
>>
>>78346938
>he's autistic
>how could she beat him?

Anon he was probably so nervous being that close to a girl he couldn't think straight.
>>
File: 66.jpg (98KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
98KB, 1280x830px
>>78343388
>>
File: Peplo Ren.png (139KB, 540x650px) Image search: [Google]
Peplo Ren.png
139KB, 540x650px
>>
>>78347029
How do you know that anon is a mother who works at a severed dick cleaning service?
>>
>>78346237
the TRUE TFA poster
>>
>>78346237
>no Kylo leaning on him

kylo/10
>>
>>78347053
spotted the newfag
>>
>>78346855
No, he wasn't.
While HK made quips, tried to start fights, suggested violence at the drop of a hat and often uttered death threats as easy as breathing, he was still a perfectly functioning droid on top of that.
When he made threats, he did so knowing damn well it either when he was alone, when it could be passed off as a joke/over eagerness or when it didn't matter what people thought of him. Most of all, he would never do any of it without the say so of the PC, and everyone knew it. He didn't torture puppies in broad daylight for funsies.

Those two are if HK had his self preservation circuitry rewired wrong as a joke.
>>
File: damn you all.jpg (78KB, 436x369px) Image search: [Google]
damn you all.jpg
78KB, 436x369px
>>78346049
>>78343663
>S6 E1-4: Order 66 Arc. Fives uncovers a conspiracy surrounding the clones, the Jedi, and the Chancellor. Very great arc.

>mfw all efforts were futile
>mfw evil is allowed to linger
>mfw the jedi will be betrayed by those they trusted
>mfw
>>
>>78346922
Yes, actually. Stop liking what I don't like, because Darth Vader is a shit comic.
>>
>>78345388
He does in Star Wars Galatic Battlegrounds
>>
>>78347138
no it isn't
>>
>>78345952
Jesus Christ, there's like a five year difference between Guiness's age and Obi-wan's age, I feel sorry for you thinking Sir Alec was a hundred years old.
>>
>>78347110
How do you know the newfag's name is Spotted?
>>
>>78343531
>Huge ears, tiny forehead, big nose, crooked chin
>>
>>78347177
He knows due to the lack of a comma, m8.
>>
>>78347156
Yes, it is.
>>
File: 36.png (1MB, 920x1201px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
1MB, 920x1201px
>>78343388
>>
>>78347156
>>78347211
geez, take it outside
>>
>>78346687
>We see the fleet of Star Destroyers the First Order has.
They don't have one. The Finalizer is like their only one.
>>
>>78343034
A New Dawn you bosh-tet.
>>
>>78345952
>aging so rapidly

He was 57 when he died.
>>
>>78347251
The first shot of Starkiller Base shows multiple Star Destroyers.
>>
>>78343034
Lost Stars and Battlefront: Twilight Company
>>
Out of curiosity, is anyone else hyped that they may namedrop Revan any time now in Rebels, or hint that he's who inspired Kylo's look?
We already know that his saber was inspired by an ancient design of Malachor, and his design is quite obviously influenced by him.

Maybe we could get a Mandalorian episode where they learn about the guy who wrecked them in their early wars.
>>
File: literally me.jpg (425KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
425KB, 1600x1200px
>>78343388
>>
>>78347251
Only Resurgent-class, yes. Doesn't mean they don't have tons of smaller ones.
>>
>>78346029
Now that the Mouse is large and in charge, will we actually see Yoda's origins?
>>
>>78347199
You need to add in the Disney, otherwise people don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>78347332
I hope so.
>>
>>78347313
I'd say he has a very puchable face, but it looks like someone's beaten me to it. heyyoooooo!
>>
>>78347341
Pretty sure the only green Disney cares about is the money they're trucking in.
>>
>>78347320

Wrong. See >>78347295
>>
>>78346029
>I'm 10
>>
>>78347303
No, because none of that will happen. Kylo Ren is based on Revan's look a little, but his character is not and the Old Republic era doesn't exist anymore as far s Lucasfilm is concerned. They have no plans to go into it either.
>>78347313
Don't get why people say he's ugly, looks like s typical Italian really. Also, his wife is really cute.
>>
>>78347399
>looks like s typical Italian
>Don't get why people say he's ugly
hehe
>>
>>78347391
That anon didn't say they were all Resurgent-class, though. Visual Dictionary says that the Finalizer is the only of it's type, and that it is twice as big as the old ISDs. It is better for the FO to mass-produce smaller SDs to use as well. Just like how the Empire made very few SSDs and lots of ISDs.
>>
>>78345952
. Guinness was only 5 years older than Obi-Wan in ANH.
2. Tatooine's suns obviously cause people to age faster. Just look at Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Anakin's old lady friend in TPM, Shmi was even looking kind of worn
3. Stress causes faster aging. I'm sure all of what he had to endure over the course of the prequels and TCW is a factor.
>>
>>78347351
He looks like someone already punched him.
>>
File: g6AkSqq.png (680KB, 1015x686px) Image search: [Google]
g6AkSqq.png
680KB, 1015x686px
>that ass-mad ren
>>
>>78347523
yes....thank you anon.
>>
>>78346772
Llewyn Davis in OUTER space
>>
>>78347534
And then Kylo Ren through a tantrum after Snoke sent him to his room without any sheevsnacks. Hux just watched, a smug grin on his fucking face.
>>
>>78347534
That's how the blade should have been.
>>
>why the fuck did Yoda just give up and run away?

He realizes that the battle is lost. Nothing he could do would ensure victory. Paplatine won completely. The Jedi Order was destroyed and being hunted down. The Republic is destroyed. The novelization highlights this.
>>
>>78343114
Kind of reminded me of kid Anakin in this scene and thought it was cute
>>
>>78347135
Fuck, I need to watch an episode now where the Empire receives a really good ass-kicking. This has got me down in the dumps a bit.
>>
>>78347564
>implying Hux is getting any Sheevsnacks either for not knowing how to escape an exploding planet without explicit instructions
>>
There was a picture of a nude Gwen Christie with Phasma's Cape and helmet shoped on.

Did anyone happened to save that?
>>
>>78347566
No, that would've been fucking stupid.

It would've been cool if the exhaust vents could've been closed to make it like, crazier.
>>
>>78347601
It's the "we're more Empire than the Empire" First Order, anon. He wasn't going to run without Snoke's permission in case Snoke wanted to order him to stay and blow up with the planet for his failure.
>>
>>78344120
Fuck off Ezra.
>>
http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/#/star-wars/music
>>
File: 1375318002337.jpg (16KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1375318002337.jpg
16KB, 376x260px
>>78347804
>Lunchtime

great song, if I could fucking HEAR it in the movie
>>
File: AFarewellToFives-O.png (560KB, 1230x544px) Image search: [Google]
AFarewellToFives-O.png
560KB, 1230x544px
>>78347135
Fives did not die in vain.

>Rex puts his faith in his fallen brother, has his, Wolf, and Gregor's chips removed
>Rex agrees to go with the Ghost Crew and join the Rebellion
>Rex and Ahsoka are reunited, feels.jpg
>Rex and Ahsoka, two most experienced people in the galaxy who aren't evil or in hiding are leading the Rebel cells
>Rebel cells grow into the Rebel Alliance
>Rogue One happens
>OT happens
>Rex fights on Endor
>The Sheev is successfully peeved

>All because of Fives

>The nightmares are finally over
>>
File: Kylo x Rey.png (475KB, 900x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo x Rey.png
475KB, 900x1002px
Post your Episode VIII predictions.
>Pic related
>Kylo will give her the dark side d.
>Finn and Poe will be best friends
>Snoke will do a thing
>The New Republic still won't do shit.
>Phasma gets even less screen time
>R2-D2, BB-8, and C-3PO do robot shenanigans
>Sheev returns from the dead to teach Kylo the Spin.

What are you predictions, /co/?
>>
Now that the film is out, moment of truth:

Which is better? Mad Max: Fury Road or The Force Awakens
>>
>>78347867
Rey spends time with Luke, who then reveals to her he is NOT her father, which makes her sad/pissed because she had some vague hope. when she asks he refuses to say, which pisses her off and makes her leave

meanwhile Poe and Finn go with Leia to some sort of city, where they have political shenanigans with Del Toro, who is revealed to be Rey's actual father and a son of Palpatine

Republic and Resistance vs First Order space battle, also Phasma tracks down Finn and 1v1s him
>>
>>78347867
Spooky-Wan teaches Rey the High Ground
>>
>>78347867
Evil politician from the casting call comes into power thanks to the vacuum left by Hosnian Prime. Rey has some dark side to struggle with, and it turns out her beating down Kylo at the end of VII was a tease. Th droids better get more to do.
>>
SoundtrackAnon will you be adding the unreleased TFA tracks to the mega?
>>
>>78346803
The Mon Cala head looks so ridiculous.

Someone should photoshop Ackbar's head over Grievous ffs.
>>
>>78343010
Which character is Max Von Sydow and the mandalorian guy?
>>
>>78347867
The republic starts to bring their weight to shift against the first order, but are bogged down in the usual crap. Finn and Poe commence bro adventures in space to get shit done.
TR-8R comes back for round 2, newly promoted as a Knight of Ren for his valour in the field. The knights become the secondary antagonists to Finn and Poe.

Sometime during Rey's training, Snoke and Luke have a Palantir style battle of the minds that Snoke, having become complacent, loses. The loss spurs him on in training Kylo, which leads to Rey losing the second duel and needing Luke to bail her out.
>>
>>78348086
>>78348086
>>78348086
new thread
>>
>>78346606
TR-8R survived the fight and now dual wields repulsor batons
Snoke is actually an eldritch horror/inconceivably complex alien being who transmits as humanoid
Rey defects to the dark side and Finn will have to fight her
Luke doesn't job like Obi-wan
More Clone Trooper backstory
a super-weapon is created that is not an orbital sphere
Kylo trains to attain "rip star destroyers out of orbit"-tier force powers
Chewbacca masterminds an elaborate plan and will ultimately deliver the final blow against Kylo Ren
SHEEEEEEEV
no desert planets
no ice planets
short side story that shows what life as a citizen as part of the Empire/First Order is actually like
Luke revealing truth about the Force that we didn't already know
Luke unveiling ruins of Jedi Temple in the underbelly of a Detroited Coruscant and rooting through them for clues
etc.
>>
>>78346939
Don't care if you're joking. Jump off a fucking cliff
>>
>>78346773
If that's true, Boyega's agent is shit. Its goddamned Star Wars, what the shit. Is this Ike Perlmutter's doing?
Thread posts: 656
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.