[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars: New Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 833
Thread images: 82

File: TFADogfighting.webm (3MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
TFADogfighting.webm
3MB, 1280x533px
Rebels what? - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
Anyone got some scans of the visual dictionary?
>>
first for the film was good fuck off /tv/
>>
File: Jacen2.jpg (20KB, 200x290px) Image search: [Google]
Jacen2.jpg
20KB, 200x290px
First for Jacen "Break it off In Tenel Ka Djo" Solo
>>
>>78268974
http://imgur.com/a/o7sKV
>>
>>78268978
Good, not great.

I liked it, but it left me wanting a little more.
>>
>>78268978
I enjoyed it for what it was: a bridge and set up movie. The real meat of this series is gonna come in the next two movies and that's where it's gonna make or break this new Trilogy.
>>
>>78268978
Sixth for THIS.
>>
>>78268968
>At least Jacen had a reason to go to the dark side being in a years long war and losing family

Kylo will also have his reasons, I just hope they are good. But we will have to wait until Episode VIII and I'm excited about Rian Johnson being the one to handle Kylo's backstory.
>>
>>78269000
That's good, because we've got about five years of non-stop Star Wars on the horizon.
>>
Why is Snoke reminding me of Thanos. I hope they do him good.
>>
I still hate Phasma's design even after watching the movie but she has a sexy voice.
>>
>>78268978
This

Also KOTOR.

Star Killer's functionality was fucking Rakata Technology... and the official canon map has Rakata Prime on it as canon. Fucking KOTOR technology is what made SK work.
>>
File: Ahsoka1.png (647KB, 644x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka1.png
647KB, 644x1050px
>>78268978
Wait, people dislike the film? (Just rejoining the thread after a week blackout)

There are things I didn't like, sure. The ending was balls. Can't cocktease people like that knowing there's a 2 year wait. Was filmed shitty, and the location was ass.

And I didn't like that the plot was just ANH all over again.

And Maz Kanata's castle was a huge disappointment, felt like a last ditch attempt to say "look at our practical effects" despite Jakku already executing them perfectly.

But asides from that, I'm just in a state of bliss right now, I loved the movie.
>>
So next December we have rouge one. So any further Star Wars movies/shows will be in the official canon correct?
>>
>>78269041
Yeah the Starkiller base was giving me serious Star Forge throwbacks
>>
>>78269041

Kotor's not canon. The most you'll get is Disney's washed up version of KOTOR lore.
>>
>>78269035
I have to agree, she sounded really nice. Intimidating in how calm she is.
>>
>>78269051
I thought Rogue One is in the summer?

And yes, all future movies are canon, along with the books, comics, and cartoons, unless they're explicitly non-canon. Generally, if it has the Lucasfilm Story Groups approval, and it isn't some parody like the Lego spin offs, then chances are it is canon.
>>
>>78268999
Thanks
>>
>>78269019
>I'm excited about Rian Johnson being the one to handle Kylo's backstory.
Legitimately curious why.
>>
>>78269041

I just wish Snoke had ended up being a member of the "true Sith" species, ready to return to the Galaxy after those pretenders to the throne fucked it all up.
>>
>>78269085
Current launch date is Dec. 16 of next year.
>>
>>78269085
>I thought Rogue One is in the summer?
It's a year from now, not in the summer.
>>
First for VIII "Luke finally rebuilds the Jedi Order because Rey shows up and the apprentices are 6 stronk womyn and 1 goofy comic relief male"
>>
>>78269051
The only non-canon Star Wars media still in production is The Old Republic
>>
Anybody love the pottery with Hux and Tarkin?

>Vader and Tarkin are complete bros and work together to please Sheev
>Kylo and Hux are competing against each other for Snoke's attention and seem to hate each other
>>
>>78269125
As long as some of them are qt alien girls I'm fine with that.
>>
>>78269043
>Can't cocktease people like that knowing there's a 2 year wait.
Honest question here.
With no footage of Luke except the hand on R2, and everyone wondering where he was, how did everyone not expect TFA to end on the cliffhanger of them finding him? The way it ended is exactly how I expected it to.
>>
>>78269041
>Main character in KoTOR is Reven
>Main characters in 7 are Rey and Ren
>Reven has a cool mask
>Ren has a cool mask
>KoTOR's plot is about assembling a star map
>7's plot is about assembling a star map
>Reven was memory wiped
>It's implied Rey might have been memory wiped
Just how far will they go with the KoTOR connection going forward?
>>
>>78269152
I was honestly expecting a cool ass flashback scene of Luke defending his academy
>>
File: GorogRar.jpg (218KB, 326x523px) Image search: [Google]
GorogRar.jpg
218KB, 326x523px
>>78269151
remember what happened last time?!
>>
Where's your 'Chosen One' prophecy now, fags?
>>
Was anyone else disappointed that Luke's New Jedi Order was done and killed off before the movie began and off screen? I thought we were gonna get at least some more new Jedi now that the empire was all but gone before the first order showed up.
>>
>>78268978
>>78269043
It was literally a remake of A New Hope, except for that it was decent.
>>
>>78269181
Bend over, and I'll show ya.
>>
>>78269103
I think he's an awesome director who can make darker character-focused stories. Abrams introduced a great new villain and Johnson could flesh him out and make him even better.
>>
>>78268930
>Pretty sure he's talking about Yuuzhan Vong

My memory is fuzzy as fuck. I guess is too much since I read that-
>>
>>78269043
I hate how simultaneously so much happened between 6 and 7 but at the same time nothing really did

>there's an empire again
>the only ones fighting are scrappy misfit reb- resistance
>Luke rebuilt the Jed- oh wait no they're all dead, he's hiding
>Han grew as a- no he's just a space junker/smuggler

It's just kind of boring.
>>
>>78269169
>tfw the new movies keep ripping off the EU more and more, to the point we get a Thrawn analogue that's actually a strong independent woman to make up for the embarrasment that was Phasma
>>
Post predictions for the next episodes
The Knights of Ren aren't actually a thing. They were fabricated by Snoke specifically to appeal to Ben as a third option and indoctinate him. They were then 'slaughtered' to condition Ben to the dark side.
>>
>>78269183
It's frustrating as fuck, the OT heroes apparently just jerked off for 30 years.

The movie and new canon would have been saved if Rey found Luke in a hidden temple while a dozen or two dozen new jedi watched from the shadows.
>>
>>78269158

one of my friends thought Ren was Revan when he first saw the trailer and after he realized it wasn't, he thought they were just trying to copy things in order to pander to fanboys.

He's probably right. The movie can only rip off other Star Wars products and filling the rest with generic genre tropes.

fuck this movie hard;
>>
Will the other Jedi apprentices that appear in the flashback make into the next movies as Kylo ren special squad?
>>
>>78269043
>felt like a last ditch attempt to say "look at our practical effects" despite Jakku already executing them perfectly.
Felt like what George has always said he wanted the cantina in ANH to look like to me. Personally I loved the shit out of the practical effects. At first I was a little unsettled because it looked different than how Star Wars has looked, but when I realized that was because filming tech has come miles since what George used to film the OT, and JJ wasn't making a cartoon with people walking around in it, it all made sense and a wave of comfy washed over me. There was an actual moment when I realized the stormtroopers were actual people with actual practical suits on, and not guys in mop cap suits that had their suits painted on, and the realization left me with a wonderful feeling.
>>
I'm not sure that anyone has noticed this extra level of poetry.

Finn's call number is FN-2187

2187 is the prisoner block that Leia was locked in on the Death Star

Bravo JJ
>>
>>78269152
I expected him to show up towards the end, everyone did. But one shot, and then an awkward silence and then end? Fuck that, it was shitty. I think it's actually the worst ending of any star wars movie by far.

Think about it, compare it to all the others.

>Qui-Gon Funeral, Sheev foreshadowing, Fun celebration (Ok this one is sorta lame too)
>Sheev looking over the Clone Army, Anakin and Padme marry on Naboo (Beautiful imagery for a somewhat meh movie)
>Vader born, Death Star construction, Padme's Funeral, the Twins are taken to their homes, Binary Sunset
>Yavin IV Celebration, the classic
>Bittersweet ending overlooking the beautiful Galaxy
>Galaxy Celebrating the Death Star II's destruction

And then you get;

>Rey shows up on a weird seemingly inhospitable island and awkwardly stares at Luke in silence for 20 seconds while shaking as she offers him a lightsaber

Once the "omg Luke" factor is gone, the ending will be meaningless. Imagine watching it in 10 years. The ending is just simply lame. No feel good, no bittersweet, no sad, no nothing, just... Luke. And like I said, once the next movies are out, the ending wont even have any impact at all upon rewatching it.

TFA, while a spectacular movie, had the lamest fucking ending imaginable.
>>
>>78269203
shame Phasma jobbed so hard I think even Worf felt a sudden pain in his heart a multiverse away.
>>
>>78269148
Yes. That was a nice relationship and it even contributed to Kylo's character that everyone in the movie hates.
>>
>>78269152
>With no footage of Luke except the hand on R2, and everyone wondering where he was, how did everyone not expect TFA to end on the cliffhanger of them finding him? The way it ended is exactly how I expected it to.

The only thing about the reveal that surprised me is that they didn't end the movie with a shot of Luke's face. They had a close up his face, then switched to this shaky circling shot of them on the island with Luke's back to us.

It should have been reversed. We should have seen Rey confronting some mysterious figure, only for them to turn around and reveal they're Luke.

THEN cue end credits.
>>
>>78269228
all the jedi are ded anon, except luke and rey skywalker
>>
>>78269181
The Sith are gone, ya dingaling.

>>78269184
Are you trying to say that ANH is not a great movie?
>>
>>78269183

The Jedi were killed off in A New Hope, so it was must they be killed off here because neckbeards complained about too many lightsabers in the prequels.
>>
>>78269197
Sweet.
>>
>>78269205
-Rey is related to either Luke or Kylo
-Snoke is the Emperor reborn
-More of the OT cast is killed off one by one.
-Another pointless musical interlude

Really grasping at straws on that one.

>>78269232
Nice.

>>78269254
Yeah, that sounds like something I might have done if I were retarded. Good thing I'm just stupid.
>>
Snoke was some awful hobbit tier CGI. How was that approved
>>
>>78269201
Yeah, they kinda half assed the progression of the Galaxy to make it more of a 4th OT movie than the 1st of a new trilogy.

Say what you will about them, but the Galaxy during the prequels felt different, and we saw it change and degenerate into what we have in the OT.

And now everything feels like it hit a standstill.
>>
>>78269201
I didn't really get the political map.

The new republic helps the resistence, but not publicly...so that means First order is some kind of a legitimate goverment that rules certain of the galaxy and thats why the new republic doesn't confront them directly...but then FO openly shoots fire to new republic?

What was the point of being "neutral" if they knew FO could fuck them any moment?
>>
>>78269233
>Once the "omg Luke" factor is gone, the ending will be meaningless. Imagine watching it in 10 years. The ending is just simply lame. No feel good, no bittersweet, no sad, no nothing, just... Luke.

It's more like Empire Strikes Back. Rey has replaced Han- just like Lando replaced him. Everybody says their goodbyes and Rey goes to meet Luke, whom she encounters in a remote and sweeping vista.

Also, in the first shot of Luke you have since the end of return of the Jedi, we see that he's pretty much become Old Ben Kenobi, which brings things full circle.
>>
>>78269254
but that's dumb though, Luke should have trained fucking SOMEONE.

>tfw they could show Mandalore the Bearded, Corran, Kam, Tioone, and the best of the NJO as an easter egg in VIII
>but deep down you know it'll never happen
>>
>>78269270
>-Rey is related to either Luke or Kylo
If Rey turns out to be Luke's daughter, that'll make Ben her cousin.
>>
>>78269282
Hell, bring in fucking Kyle Katarn from the EU ffs. Hell he even did in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
>>
I'm really concerned that the sequel trilogy is just going to be a rehash of the original trilogy. They are definitely going that path with Kylo Ren being Darth Vader 2.0. and Snoke being Sheev 2.0. - I can already see a Kylo redemption arc where he overthrows his master. I hope they do something different, but I'm concerned.
>>
>>78269290
...and now I feel dumb. Guess I'm retard after all.

Pardon me while I punish myself by prolonged exposure to Jar Jar.
>>
>>78269277
I think the New Republic is supposed to be pacifistic while funding the Resistance as a proxy army to keep the peace and political face.

The First Order is just the Imperial Remnant in the Outer Rim.

While the Cold War idea is neat, I much rather prefer the aggressive, confident New Republic of the old EU.
>>
>>78269272
>Say what you will about them, but the Galaxy during the prequels felt different, and we saw it change and degenerate into what we have in the OT.

The prequels still feel too removed from the OT. We saw changes and degeneration, but it didn't feel like we were going

At least not until I saw the Tantive IV and that classic interior.

That's what the prequels should have looked like in Epsiode 1.
>>
Some deleted scenes may have been found, they have a lot more flashbacks of Luke and Kylo. I hope they make some DVD bonus section
>inb4 reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xd9zo/leaked_scene_list_points_to_what_was_cutchanged/
>>
>>78269240
Luke's disciples weren't Jedi yet and for the flashback it looks like they were working with Kylo.

To me it look like they gangbanged Luke
>>
>>78269313
That's who I meant by Mandalore the bearded

I think they're just giving Finn his story
>>
>yfw Luke says in the next movie "yes, I am your father"
>>
>>78269317
As long as they don't build ANOTHER Death Star/Star Killer. It's like this is the third time they did it and they still got blown the fuck up.
>>
Guys, I loved the movie, I really did, but uhh... Can we just talk about the fact that;

The soundtrack wasnt that great? I think it may be the worst soundtrack of all the movies. NOTHING of the new tracks stood out to me, except maybe (what i think is) Rey's theme. I would leave Star Wars movies with the music ingrained in my head after the first viewing, but this is the first time I can barely remember any of it. None of it stood out at all, it was all so soft.
>>
>>78269183
More than disappointed. Unless it turns out he managed to fully train some Jedi and they were offworld when the Knights of Ren attacked, I'm pretty pissed that they had Luke's efforts to rebuild the Order be undone so swiftly.
>>
>>78269272

If you watch each prequel carefully, you'll notice there's distinct shifts in design. Like things feel like they become grittier each episode as the Clone War gets closer/rages on.

>>78269313

Isn't Finn just a Kyle Katarn rip off?
>>
>>78269353
And I guess the designer of the Starkiller was an apprentice of the Death Star chief design
>>
>>78269351
But then who mother?

Leia? Mara? Maz?

Alternate ending:
Rey's mother is Chewbacca
>>
>>78269351
That could easily happen. And again basically copy V in that matter.
>>
Phasma was a perfect allusion to Boba Fett.

She was a in some cool armor and completely jobbed.
>>
>>78269358
Yeah I agree, the OST was weak as fuck. John Williams must not be up to it anymore or barely had a hand in it. All of the prequels had new iconic tracks and themes but this barely anything

TPM -> Duel of the Fates
AoTC -> Across the Stars (how that shitty movie had such good music is beyond me)
RoTS -> Battle of the Heroes
>>
>>78269339
Maz not force sensitive fags BTFO
>>
>>78269389
Mrs Skywalker was killed on the assault on the new jedi academy. Betting she was some rebel pilot as well
>>
>>78269232
There was even much better self-referencing "poetry" (foreshadowing actually) in the movie. Poe literally said "as long as there's light, there's hope". When Han faces his son, Kylo's face has red light on the left and blue light on the right, produced by the sun that was being absorbed. Then the blue light disappeared and by the time when Kylo's face wasn't bluish anymore, he killed Han. The light in him disappeared, just like the light of the sun.

JJ is a pretty good director. That scene was superb and also an example for "poetry" done right.
>>
>>78269339
>>https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xd9zo/leaked_scene_list_points_to_what_was_cutchanged/

It looks like from these that Maz was a force user. Not a Jedi, but still a Force user.

I can maybe see why they dropped the idea. Might have been too confusing to explain to casual audiences, and the film didn't waste much time with explaining shit.

Plus, she was already a little Yoda-y.
>>
>>78269407
Imagine if they recanonized Mara Jade just to kill her off in a flashback or exposition
>>
>>78269413

Also, when Fin and Rey enter the same structure, there's a beam of light that comes in behind them and illuminates Han and Kylo on the walkway.

Pottery.
>>
>>78269430
The tears would be delicious.
>>
>>78269358
I agree, there were now stand out tracks by John this time. If you gotta give the prequels credit, is that each one had at least one fucking great song (Duel of the Fates, Episode II love Theme, Battle of Heroes). In VII nothing really stands out. I guess John is losing his luster or something.
>>
>>78269449

Sounds like the music accurately reflected the nature of the film
>>
>tfw Wedge will probably be killed off during the 30 year gap for some new OC mary sue because Denis Lawson wouldn't come back

He'll be hopping on one transparisteel leg in Heaven ;_;
>>
Post favorite tracks from the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrCLcjvDbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp5OcYHghAY
>>
>>78269405
>>78269449
I feel weird for saying this, but I was really unimpressed with 'Across the Stars' and 'Battle of Heroes'. I don't hate them; I just find them really underwhelming.
>>
Too bad when they were talking about the Star Killer one of them didn't go "Wait, Star Killer? Wasn't that that guy who Vader trained and then became are inspiration or something?" as a way to bring him into the canon. As silly as that would sound.
>>
>>78269482
Only Rey's theme is worth posting
>>
>>78269485
Damn, I dont wanna say an opinion can be wrong, but...
>>
>>78269485
Nothing wrong with opinions Anon, I think some of it could be that they're saddled with the shitty stories.
>>
>>78269485
I dunno how they can be called underwhelming. Not to your taste maybe, but underwhelming is far from what they are. The blaring reprise of the love theme before Anakin and Padme go into the execution arena was really really powerful.
>>
>>78269233
Anon, I won't speak to the quality of the ending. That's not what I asked about. I don't think as much a problem as you do but I would argue that's because I expected it.
Clearly something happened that was so traumatic to him he exiled himself and abandoned the responsibility that had been placed on him by Yoda. He wasn't going to feel something in the Force, and come out of hiding to be a deus ex machina. He was always going to need to be saught out and found, and the enabling of the protagonists to be able to do this was clearly going to be the plot of TFA. Personally, I got a little anxious while watching because I was almost expecting it to end a la Empire with Rey and Chewie flying off to go find Luke while Leia watches which I think would be a better ending more in line with the precedent of the other saga films like you described. There is no way they weren't going to show Luke though. With the entire plot being about seeking the means to find him, and them acquiring those means, there needed to be a payoff for their efforts. I could see them saving that for VIII, but can you imagine how much we'd be bitching if Luke never showed up? It kind of was a no win scenario in the sense that you either needed to give the fans what they want, or remain consistent with precedent. TFA is clearly a movie about giving fans what they want though, so we know which they chose.
What I'm going to be curious to see is if VIII picks up right there, and includes Rey trying to draw Luke out of his exile, as well as Snoke finishing Ben's training, or if it's going to cut forward in time and have Rey be trained in the Force, and Ben upgraded, and potentially recostumed since he left his helmet behind.
Also, will Finn go full android? Kind of looked like Ben may have rekt his back.
>>
>>78269405
I know AoTC get's a lot of shit (and for good reason for those naboo/romance scenes), but that Yoda/Doku battle was awesome as fuck. And that first Clone War battle.
>>
>>78269485
Shit taste desu senpai
>>
Does Before the Awakening have an audiobook?
>>
Did Han/Leia name their son after Obi-Wan? If so, that's kinda' cute.
>>
>>78269520
>that Yoda/Doku battle was awesome as fuck
That was really silly and kind of pointless. If you must have Yoda fight someone it should be Palpatine, everything else feels superfluous.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 7 >>> 3 > 2 = 1

Agree/disagree?
>>
>Finn's story in Before the Awakening will be all about his adventures in sanitation
How exciting!
>>
>>78269558
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 >>>> 2
>>
>>78269558
Disagree. I think VII is better than VI, otherwise it's correct though.
>>
>>78269495
shut the fuck up
>>
I feel like I'd enjoy the movie much more if Rey was played by Christie and what's-her-face was the glorified shiny background prop instead.

It wasn't bad but it could've been better, I liked Finn and Maz Kanata much more than I've expected, Poe is decent if a bit generic, Hux is pretty amazing and I hope be ends up trying to stage his own coup at some point.
>>
What makes Empire Strikes Back so good?
>>
>>78269558
5 > 4 > 6 = 3 = 7 > 1 = 2

Having trouble picking one over another.

>>78269502
>>78269504
>>78269515
>>78269522
I dunno. I guess I'm making the mistake of comparing them to 'Duel of the Fates'. I keep expecting something more bombastic (though in the case of AtS, it would be the fact that it came from my least favorite of the series)
>>
>>78269558
4 > 5 > 6 > 7.
Prequels not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>78269583
>>78269584
Wow, horrible taste. There isn't a single scene in TFA that comes even close to that final duel between Luke and Vader.
>>
>>78269520
I dont care what anybody says, everything with Obi-Wan, Jango, and the Arena, is great.

>>78269558
Completely disagree mate.

5 = 4 > 3 = 7 > 6 > 1 > 2

5 and 4 dont need an explanation. 7 is a great Star Wars movie, but loses points for it's rehashed plot that leaves us, not really anywhere new. 3 is a fantastic climactic experience. 6 is good, but loses it in the middle, and the ending is SLIGHTLY neutered by the fact that it is no longer the true ending.

Then 1 > 2 because I love Maul/Podracing more than the stuff in AotC (although theres many things in 2 that I still like. I dont dislike any of the movies)
>>
>>78269558
5 > 3 = 7 > 6 > 1 > 2 = 4
>>
>Jedi gone
>New Republic gone
Then what was the fucking point?
>>
Went to see my parents the other day and they asked if there was anything I fancied for Christmas, figured I'd ask for the visual dictionary and cross-section books just for nostalgia's sake (I had the OT ones as a kid), anything similar that's worth getting hold of?
>>
>>78269613
>>78269618
>these people actually exist in our world
>>
File: sheev smirk.jpg (31KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
sheev smirk.jpg
31KB, 400x311px
>>78269611
I enjoyed the final duel in TFA more than the duel in ROTJ.

it was far more brutal and well choreographed, but wasn't too flashy like in the prequels.

different strokes for different folks
>>
>>78269405
>>78269449
The soundtrack was a bit underwhelming, mostly because there was only one leitmotif. I really like "torn apart" though. It fits Kylo's cruelty and inner conflict. Jedi steps is also pretty good.
>>
>>78269613
The only parts of RotC I absolutely hated were the romance/Naboo scenes. Lucus can't write romance and god knows Hayden can't fucking act good in those parts.
>>
>>78269650
>It's going up the ass

I don't know why that popped into my head
>>
>Episode 7 pretty much follows a good majority of the post Episode 6 EU
>Episode 7 essentially did what Episode 3 does to the Clone Wars EU stuff where only a few things are retconned while the rest works fine with the movie
So why the fuck did they retcon the EU then? It was a licensing thing wasn't it? Disney didn't want to buy the fuck loads of books and whatnot from the old EU so they just made it non canon. I'm sure there was some push in Lucasfilm to try out a story group because they thought it would be fun too, but I bet the money reasons came first and afterwards Pablo/Chee/etc were like 'fuck, I guess we need to make an official canon now'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking a lot of the new canon, I just really don't see a point in it existing though when their reasoning for retconning ALL of it was 'Episode 7 won't work with it' when Episode 7 only contradicts SOME of it.
>>
>>78269611
Mate, Han's death scene is absolutely amazing. And the lightsaber battle is just as great as the one in VI, minus the great score.
>>
>>78269644
The Republic isn't gone, the capital planet and fleet were destroyed, but the Republic territory still exist. The Republic is just without leadership or an army right now. That's where the resistance comes in.
>>
>>78269558
6>5>4>7>1>3>2
>>
>>78269682
My only real issue is the title. "The Resistance" feels more like, ironically, a rebel organization against an established power.
>>
>>78269677
The contradictions would cause more trouble than it's worth. A clean slate is easier to work with. See TCW when it was wrecking into the EU and people got mad every time it did.
>>
>>78269677
So they can
>reuse ideas with the appearance of them being original
>not have to deal with shit like Chewie gettting crushed by a moon
>not have the plot of every upcoming movie be from a book or a comic
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449425808277.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>NotJacen finally redeems himself in later movie
>new weapon is pic related
>>
>>78269550

It made more sense for Luke to name his son Ben in the Expanded Universe than for Han or Leia to.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (221KB, 640x958px) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221KB, 640x958px
Rey is a better protagonist than both Luke (in the first movie at least) and Anakin.
>>
>>78269742
I love that shit-eating grin on that kid's face, like "yeah, I'm hot shit and I know it, whatcha gonna do about it, fuckboy?"
>>
>>78269646
What's the problem anon?

>>78269644
The point is now the glorious Empire will be the most important thing in the galaxy, as it should be.
>>
>>78269742
Even if Kylo gets an redemption arc, I still want him to be a bit edgy and use a red lightsaber.
>>
>>78269762
Weak bait.
>>
>>78269358
That was actually my biggest problem with the movie. It felt unoriginal and trying to copy the original music.
>>
>>78269762
So is she supposed to be Luke's daughter?
>>
>>78269742
I really don't know what they were thinking when making this toy.
>>
>>78269795
Probably the twist is she is not
>>
>>78269600
The bad guys win
>>
>>78269800
It lets kids have fun with their imagination while playing Jedi. That's all that matters with the toys.
>>
File: 1440159969922.jpg (90KB, 284x288px) Image search: [Google]
1440159969922.jpg
90KB, 284x288px
>>78269742
>whole trilogy is showing Rey trying to bring Ren to the light side
>in Episode 9 she briefly brings him to the light in the middle of a battle and due to some misunderstanding Finn thinks Kylo is about to kill Rey so he shoots Kylo in the neck and kills him
>this happens with Rey and Kylo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
>>
>>78269742

With the way that Rey was acting in the fight with Kylo Ren, do you think He will redeem himself and Rey goes to the darkside?
>>
File: madotpuki.jpg (105KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
madotpuki.jpg
105KB, 740x740px
>>78269618
>1 > 2 = 4
>>
>>78269762
She is way more badass than both of them, but she basically has no flaws. Her character arc in this movie was good, but I didn't really care much about her.
>>
>>78269836
Probably not. The prequel trilogy stories pulled enough Anakins to last a lifetime.

I really thought Rey was going to cut off Kylo's hand though.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 659x659px
>>78269232
Oh someone else finally pointed it out, nice.
>friends popcorn and drink rang up as $11.38 when we got to the theatre
>>
>>78269795
I think the only reason they've kept the mystery of her origins a mystery is because she's not related to anyone we have any connection to. Their relevancy won't come up until later. At least that's the only reason I can think ofwhy theyu should do that. Because if it's just "She's Han/Luke's kid" then all the little cut aways from letting us know are just for the sake of mystery and, as such, lazy story telling.
>>
>>78269558

That sounds about right to me.
>>
>>78269290
How would that work out? Rey's being abandoned on Jakku, I mean. Maybe she was kidnapped as a baby? Maybe Luke left her a la Kenobi theory of dumping kids on a desert planet to protect her from being found? Clearly her connection to the force, piloting skills, and mechanical skills scream that she is a Skywalker, but her being left on Jakku in the manner she was would kind of be a fuck up on whomever's part left her there unless there was a Kenobi in the shadows keeping an eye on her that we don't know about. Maybe Max von Sydow's character?
>>
>>78269783
It's not bait. Go back and watch A New Hope and try to tell me that Luke isn't whiny as shit. Anakin needs no explanation.
>>
>>78269836
Hux will redeem himself by killing Snoke and taking over the First Order after realizing problems of both Republic and the Empire come from the presence of force users. It's obvious.
>>
>>78269613

Jango is pretty much the only time they did the badass normal villain right. Unlike Boba or Phasma you actually get to see that he is indeed a badass a bunch of times.
>>
File: thisthing.jpg (132KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
thisthing.jpg
132KB, 1024x576px
The movie was pretty good though I'm more excited for Rogue One and them doing something more original in Episode VIII now that they've got every rehash they can think of out of the way.

But what in the fuck was this motherfucker that pops up out of the sand at the end of the introduction? Seriously that shit gave me flashbacks to weirdly specific nightmares I had as a kid.

Also it seems like it talks to BB-8 in something more sophisticated than animal noises. Was it sentient? Was it totally chill with just watching a whole village of people being slaughtered?
>>
>>78269644

money

>>78269650

Wow, great job missing the whole fucking point of the duel in RotJ
>>
>>78269043
Gonna disagree with maz's castle, I loved it. In fact I'm upset they leveled it. I wanted to see it in more stuff.

Am I the only one who feels that Maz's character was interesting and well acted?
>>
>>78269406
>nothing hinted at in the movie she herself is force sensitive to any relevant level
>but a deleted scene-
Not in the movie=not canon
Msw fags BTFO
>>
>>78269847
>She is way more badass than both of them, but she basically has no flaws.

Aside from deciding she wanted nothing to do with any of that crazy vision nonsense, running away, and promptly getting pwned by Kylo.

She was basically the chosen one without anyone ever actually ever telling her she was.
>>
>>78269862
>and, as such, lazy story telling
Yeah, that's kind of what JJ excels at.
>>
File: 1450151936896.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450151936896.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
Is there a guide to what episodes of the Clone Wars are worth watching?
>>
>>78269874
>Hux will redeem himself by killing Snoke and taking over the First Order after realizing problems of both Republic and the Empire come from the presence of force users. It's obvious.
This wouldn't surprise me, but it would also disappoint me. Apparently Star Wars civilians are turning into Marvel civilians seeing as they needed coaxing to leave the fucking empire
>>
File: ep7_ia_22591_r_8396f2d2.jpg (200KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
ep7_ia_22591_r_8396f2d2.jpg
200KB, 768x433px
>>78269874
Can you imagine how the Empire would've been like if Hux had ruled over it and not Sheev?
>>
>>78269918
I hope there is a series of books or comics about Maz and her castle throughout history.
>>
>>78269682

I doubt their ENTIRE fleet is gone. It'd be pretty retarded if all of their army was in one system.
>>
>>78269862
>>78269928

We all know she was conceived by the force
>>
File: 1401300549299.jpg (2MB, 1592x2556px) Image search: [Google]
1401300549299.jpg
2MB, 1592x2556px
>>78269937
>>
>>78269918

Well acted, yes. Glasses were a bit much, though. And the fact that she was hundreds of years old, knowledgeable in the force, and a tiny creature made her an obvious Yoda expy.
>>
Is it me or is Snoke incredibly underwhelming?

Just about everything about him sucks.
>>
>>78269358
Biggest flaw of the movie for me. It was very bland and uninspired IMO. Perhaps I was too focused on what was happening to really listen to it, but there were so many moments I was expecting Jedi themes, or nods to the Imperial March that never came and left me wishing they had. Even TPM have Duel of the Fates, but there was nothing memorable about what we got that I can remember. Maybe John is losing it?
>>
File: 1449075814059.jpg (65KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449075814059.jpg
65KB, 600x900px
>>78269962
Thank you!
>>
>>78269945
Probably there'd be a lot of pictures of his dad on every larger spaceship.
>>
>>78269870
>Maybe Luke left her a la Kenobi theory of dumping kids on a desert planet to protect her from being found
I think this is what happened. Max von Kenobi knew where Luke was. So they must have had contact. He must be watching over Rey who has force amnesia like Revan did.
>>
>>78269977
>Just about everything about him sucks
Yeah, as you can tell from his face, he had a little accident with his vaccum cleaner.
>>
>>78269945
>Can you imagine how the Empire would've been like if Hux had ruled over it and not Sheev?

It wouldn't have gotten as far as it ever did. Hux is running what remains of the institutions that Palpatine created pretty much from nothing. Without Palpatine's manipulation and force ex machina, there would be no Imperial fleet.
>>
>>78269977
We don't know anything about him yet.
>>
Where was Sarco?

Also, getting a closer look at the Knights of Ren in the big screen was really neat. Anybody's gotten a HD pic?
>>
>>78269481
He would come back, but not just for some cameo
>>
>>78270019
Who?
>>
>>78269558
5=3>7=4=6>2>1
But none of them are terrible, or bad. It's all fairly close. Honestly all but one of the ">" are a formality. Only episode one deserves any kind of separation, and even then it's the difference between 7.5/10 and 7/10. I like all the movies for their own reasons, sue me.
>>
>>78269977
>Is it me or is Snoke incredibly underwhelming?

No, he was pretty lame. The Pale Orc from the Hobbit trying to act like Palpatine.
>>
>Ren is the new Darth
Bravo JJ, truly pushing for originality
>>
>>78269918
She reminded me of a more pleasant version of Edna Mode for some reason.
>>
>>78269571
I loved how his being Sanitation got a payoff.
>>
>>78269795
Looks that way. There's more hints for that than for being Kylo's sibling, of which there were very few, if anything specific at all.
>>
>>78269968
Glasses were fine if they had just been a "single" zoom, not like, 500 zoom settings.

Yeah she is Yoda 2.0, but that is okay. Yoda just fit the heroic cycle needs, as did she.
>>
>>78270042

It's actually a very important plot/character point that he is NOT the new Darth Vader.
>>
>>78269977
I wasn't impressed, but I was told by my dad that Sheevs first appearence wasn't exactly impressive either.
>>
>>78269680
Chewie ;_;
I just wanna hug him.
>>
>There are people that SERIOUSLY think that Episode 7 was on the same level of Episode 1

You people can't be fucking serious. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was better than episode 1. That is a fact.
>>
>>78270043
>She reminded me of a more pleasant version of Edna Mode for some reason.

She was short ethnic grandma.
>>
>>78270042
At least Kylo is a "normal" name. George would've probably called him Darth Murderous or something like that.
>>
>>78270081
No, I meant the title. It's literally the same thing, including fake new name (Vader/Kylo)
>>
>>78270107
>implying there was anything wrong with Maul and Tyranus
>implying an order that's all about power and being the strongest there is wouldn't go for intimidating titles
>>
>>78270090
I don't think anybody other than /tv/ shitposters is saying that.
>>
>>78269857
>I really thought Rey was going to cut off Kylo's hand though.
I thought she was gonna cut something off. Ben fucking owes her now since she gave him a sweet scar on his face he can show off to his buddies in his Sith fanboy club.
>>
File: duelingsabers.gif (489KB, 317x214px) Image search: [Google]
duelingsabers.gif
489KB, 317x214px
>>78270090
>You people can't be fucking serious. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was better than episode 1. That is a fact.

There are people here who think the lightsaber duel at the end of Episode 3 was awesome and appropriate.
>>
>final dogfight
>there is an ant eater x-wing pilot
>kinda half chuckle at him
>he speaks stirn fluent english
>woah he's cool shit
>he's racking up kills along with the others
>getting pumped
>keeps changing camera to the asian girl and fat guy
>think they're about to die
>ant-eater gets shot
>shout Nooo in the theatre

favorite non-main character alien?
>>
>>78270136
That fight made sense though. Obi Wan taught anakin how to fight, they fight the exact same. It makes sense they mirror each other
>>
File: 139924-george-lucas.jpg (241KB, 950x1295px) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas.jpg
241KB, 950x1295px
Miss me yet?
>>
>>78270136
What was wrong with it then? The scene you posted makes sense in context.
>>
>>78269998
Where did she get the Imperial officer accent I wonder?
>>
File: image.gif (378KB, 281x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
378KB, 281x266px
>>78269680
>the lightsaber battle
It was so fucking cool to see Lightsabers with modern effects, being treated like real beams of Cold-Plasma. Shit was so cash.
Don't even get me started on Kylo's [The World] tier Force freezing.
>>
I really love Kylo's theme. What a shame that it is so short and we didn't hear it often enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzP7D2Yjkd8
>>
TFW you think Kylo Ren is an analogue for a school shooter

>massacred Luke's jedi academy, prompting Luke to go into hiding

Is literally a young white male school shooter, but with a lightsaber

good
>>
if you could acknowledge one character who has only shown in the CW show in the new trilogy, whom would you pick?
>>
>>78270144
Jar Jar :^)
>>
>>78270161
From her Imperial mother Mara
>>
>>78269862
>lazy story telling

They literally just redid episode 4
>>
>>78270130
>there's a Sith club at the First Order academy
>they're basically the emo kids
>they always try and compare injuries with each other
>"Yeah well I was fighting a Jedi the other day and before I killed him he totally swiped his lightsaber like right above my hand and burned it."
>"You're lying. The Jedi are all dead. Plus I was at your house when you got that burn and it was from getting a pan out of the oven."
>"Shut the fuck up Kylo!"
>>
>>78270148
I wonder how he feels knowing his baby is now in the hands of other people.
>>
>>78270144
Crimson Corsair for me, the design is a nice mix of Durge and Grievous
>>
>>78270200
I bet he doesn't care that much considering they paid him 4 billion
>>
>>78270136
It's mind boggling that people STILL praise this shit as "climactic". You have this shit, the fucking lava surfing, the VINE SWINGING fight. It's everything wrong with the prequel fights but then they double down and make it even more ridiculous.
>>
>>78270200
Really bitter, haven't you seen the interviews?
>>
>>78270148
Nope. Loved the new movie, even its worse mistakes were better than the best moments of 1-3.
>>
>>78269902
My buddy and I were talking, and we thought the saga movies are most likely going to stay safe in terms of what they cover. The other one offs or "EU" movies are gonna be the ones that take the risks.
I can't fucking wait. I love our Mouse Overlords for opening up the Star Wars universe as a cinematic sandbox.
>>
>>78270144
Ello Asty I think that was?
>>
>>78270211
It was fun
>>
>>78270148
Yes, at least you did something new and never would've rehashed ANH so shamelessly. Fuck TFA.
>>
File: 1446218107137.jpg (23KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
1446218107137.jpg
23KB, 315x320px
>>78269862
>She's Han/Luke's kid
L-l-lewd
>>
>>78270148
Ah good ole Georgie.
My friend felt the last panning shot with Rey and Luke was awkwardly silent as fuck, I responded "well it's a Star Wars movie, something has to be awkward".
That actually worked.
Your glorious legacy carries on, Lucas.
Wonder if he liked the movie. I know he said the fans would like it, but I wonder how he himself felt.
>>
File: 1425746734747.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1425746734747.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>>78270211
>mfw they start awkwardly moving towards the beam and balancing on it for no reason
>>
>>78270226
Think so

He died a hero.
>>
>>78270221
>I love Disney for inevitably bringing franchise fatigue to Star Wars
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>78270211
Yeah, it's just way overblown. Then there's the dialogue. I actually saw people defending it yesterday because 7's fights weren't as ridiculous.
>>
>>78269874
Ok Traviss
>>
>>78270148
No, rehash or not, at least TFA is good and actually feels like Star Wars.
>>
>>78270210
He gave all of the money Disney paid him to charity.
>>
>>78270026
Former Supreme Chancellor of the France system, exiled nemesis of Darth Marine.
>>
>"He's been in Low Power mode since Luke left us. He might never be his old self again."

Anyone else kind of get the feeling this was some kind of jab at George Lucas no longer exercising creative control over the franchise?
>>
>>78270216
Well he seemed to like VII according to some source.
>>
File: 1258472019687.jpg (23KB, 231x338px) Image search: [Google]
1258472019687.jpg
23KB, 231x338px
>>78270190
>>
>>78270200
Begrudgingly accepting of it.
He doesn't love it, but he admitted it was his decision and he stands by it.
>>78270211
Yeah it's not like there was any emotion in it at any point! Except that there was if payed even a little attention.
>>
>>78270293
No. That's autistic
>>
>>78270293
No?
>>
>>78270090

Episode 1 at least TRIED to be its own thing, there was some creativity there. TFA just feels incredibly unoriginal and its setting feels super vauge.
>>
>>78270148
No, I had fun. Can't say the same about the last thing you made.
>>
>>78270293
point is, it was never stated, how long has it been since luke left?
>>
>>78270196
>They literally just redid episode 4

And episode V (Maz=Yoda, Father and Son confrontation over a bottomless pit, snow planet battle) and VI (Han and Leia, Ackbar, Nien, and the gang return, .

This movie was basically Disney/JJ going/Everyone else saying, "See! We can still make a classic Star Wars movie! Will you get off our backs already?" Hopefully now that they've proven the point, they can explore the setting's potential a bit more.

Sort of like how Marvel had to show they could do basic comic book movies before taking on projects like Iron Man3, Winter Soldier, and Ant Man in slightly different directions.
>>
>>78268959
>Star Wars: New Republic
Oh yeah, that thing the Rebellion fought so hard for and doesn't exist anymore, thanks JJ :^)
>>
>>78270293
>some kind of jab at George Lucas

JJ did that with the whole movie.
>>
I ship Phasma and badass riot gear stormie guy
>>
>>78270264
>he doesn't want to see more of the entire universe around the movies.
>he only wants to watch a Skywalker save the day again for the umpteenth time
I pity you. I love me some Skywalker saves the day, but there is an entire galaxy out there full of stories to be told. Where is your sense of manifest destiny, anon?
>>
>>78270333
For a few good years I would imagine. Kylo was still a boy when Luke vanished
>>
>>78270326

JJ was probably just writing a remake or a Star Wars inspired original film and then remembered it had to be a sequel.
>>
>>78270304
The emotion doesn't make the fight any less ridiculous, sorry.
>>
File: 1450310344404.png (71KB, 598x713px) Image search: [Google]
1450310344404.png
71KB, 598x713px
>>
>>78270354
All of than can be done via books, comics, TV shows and games, no need to churn out a new movie every new years, effectively making Star Wars movies a non-event.
>>
>>78270211
>You have this shit, the fucking lava surfing, the VINE SWINGING fight.

With all the CGI, the set pieces, the gimmicky "complications", the whole fight felt like a quicktime event/cutscene from the Force Unleashed.
>>
>>78270293
I just thought R2 was having a sad.
>>
did you see that spider like at-at's walking on the background?
>>
>>78270326

I can admit that it felt like they were copying elements from ANH, but it's not the complete total rehash everyone is memeing about. There was plenty of new shit you they showed but you're all too busy shitposting to notice.
>>
>>78270366
Reminds me of that fake article where Kojima was writing MGSV and had to rewrite 30 pages of the script because he forgot it was a Big Boss game and not a Solid Snake one.
>>
>>78270378
glib facsimile
>>
File: 1450282201082.gif (2MB, 438x363px) Image search: [Google]
1450282201082.gif
2MB, 438x363px
>>78270211

I enjoyed it, but TPM's final battle was a little better. Lucas tried a little too hard to top himself with ROTS that some things felt rather silly.
>>
>>78270170
damn straight

his theme should have been playing every time he popped on screen
>>
Hearing the music cue for the burning homestead from ANH when Rey force pulls the saber was so damn good.

https://youtu.be/wolFdVti3nY?t=1m29s
>>
File: atmt.jpg (6KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
atmt.jpg
6KB, 315x160px
>>78270395
>did you see that spider like at-at's walking on the background?

I fucking did.
>>
>>78270417
Not really, it felt silly and out of place, like when Duel of the Fates started playing when Anakin goes looking for his mother.
>>
File: 1441388345333.png (144KB, 302x253px) Image search: [Google]
1441388345333.png
144KB, 302x253px
>>78269861
>friends popcorn and drink rang up as $11.38 when we got to the theatre
>>
What were your theater reactions like?

I heard excited cheering for "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" and the Star Wars logo. There was some concern over "Luke Skywalker has vanished" - excitement for the Millennium Falcon, applause for Han and Chewie, and then after that the audience just fell dead. No applause at the end, just dead silence for the latter half of the movie - and in fact I saw people walk out of the theater before the credits.
>>
>>78270378
glib facsimile

thrawn dubs get
>>
>>78270458
I live in a civilized country where people are quiet in the cinema. No clapping shouting or anything. Though people laughed at BB8 and Finn
>>
>>78270458
Can't say I'm surprised, it's a movie that starts out exciting but gets shittier and shittiers as it goes on.
>>
>>78270458

They cheered for every fucking thing.
It was cool for the first few minutes of the movie cause of the nods to the old films but goddamn it got old by the end.
>>
>>78270458
Applause for the logo, Han, Rey force pulling the lightsaber, and the ending. Laughter for lots of other bits. When the first reveal of "your father, Han Solo" happened, one woman in the back said "What?" all hushed, but since everyone else was quiet we all heard her.
>>
>>78270378

glib facsimile
>>
>>78270383
They can also be done via movies. Don't worry. Your Mary Saga will always be the special butterfly compared to all the others, but movies allow a completely valid method of storytelling that may be the best fit for certain stories. As for their becoming a non event? In what sense? Pop culture? So you're saying I won't need to wait in line after buying a ticket to see a new movie on opening day? Thank fucking Christ. So long as I'm enjoying them, I really wouldn't give a fuck. Realistically though, only a goober really thinks Disney isn't going to do anything to devalue their IP. They're in the money making business, and diminishing an IP's luster isn't good for making money.
>>
Rey's fighting style was great to see. I can't wait to see it refined with her training.
>>
>>78270347
>not shipping phasma and finn for gentle femdom so she can ease his troubled mind when he reports back to her division
and she orders him to keep his helmet on
>>
>>78270514
It's gonna be sick when she gets her yellow double bladed lightsaber.
>>
File: Ithano.jpg (656KB, 1008x3496px) Image search: [Google]
Ithano.jpg
656KB, 1008x3496px
Why is he so based, bros?
>>
>>78270326
>Episode 1 at least TRIED to be its own thing

True, but it failed terribly. Being original its not something good by itself.

I prefer having fun with unoriginal stuff than bored to death with some creative thing.
>>
File: 1434663382883.jpg (21KB, 220x221px) Image search: [Google]
1434663382883.jpg
21KB, 220x221px
>>78270434
>>
File: 1449953239758.jpg (131KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1449953239758.jpg
131KB, 485x458px
>the new cantina music isn't on the soundtrack
>>
I gotta say JJ kinda sucks at world building compared to Lucas. At the end of ANH and TPM I already had a decent grasp on the OT and PT settings at the end of TFA I still hav e almost no idea what is going on in the galaxy at large or how much of anything is.
>>
>>78270434

This looks like shit
>>
>>78270326
And? It's a shitty movie and I didn't care about any of the characters. Can't say the same about TFA.
>>
File: 2000 fucking pissed.png (215KB, 305x331px) Image search: [Google]
2000 fucking pissed.png
215KB, 305x331px
>>78270529
>you only see him for 2 scenes

I wanted MORE.
>>
>>78270518
I'd go with Hux for that instead

In general I genuinely hope Phasma and Hux will either be friends or at least have genuine respect for each other, it could be fun to watch and I want the "everybody hates Kylo" narrative to continue.
>>
Does anyone actually think a single prequel movie was better than The Force Awakens?
>>
HILTED LIGHTSABER IS STUPID THEY SAID

NOT PRACTICAL THEY SAID
>>
>>78270616
Yes.
>>
>>78270616

Episode III.
>>
>>78270337
>Blowing up one planet
>the galactic government doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>78270529
destroyed my heart when he just said one phrase and disappeared.
Thats the thing that annoyed me so much on this movie. Every fucking time I felt in a star wars world, the scene changed and the guys had to escape from one scene to the other. I wanted to see casual life in the star wars world, more of it, how species behave. All that rich content
>>
>>78268999
>my poor waifu Korr Sella
:(
I should stop waifuing SW characters.
>>
>>78270531

you're what's killing cinema and anime
>>
>>78270616
No one who's over the age of 12 thinks that.
>>
>>78270616
plenty rank at least 3 higher
>>
>>78270529
>Filoni fanboys this guy hard like Plo Koon
>Next animated series stars this guy and his crew
>>
>>78269125
I would be down for that if 1. The male was played by a Channing Tatum or Chris Hemsworth. One of those guys who's good at acting serious while actually making a fool of themselves.
>>
File: zorba.jpg (71KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
zorba.jpg
71KB, 350x350px
>>78270603
>>78270518

you both know damn well all nsfw Phasma content won't be even close to femdom and for the most part won't even attempt to bear any resemblance to Christie because this fandom is filled to the brim with people who exclusively fap to submissive Twi'leks with baloon tits
>>
>Luke
>Ben
>Han
>Leia
>Padme
>Rey
>Finn
>Poe
>Yoda
>Mace
>Sheev
>Snoke
>Ren
>Maul
>Dooku
>Hux
>Boba
>Jango
>Jabba
>Maz
>Lando
>Shmi
>Owen
>Beru

Are short names the secret of success of Star Wars?
>>
File: 625px-Nien_Nunb.jpg (86KB, 625x600px) Image search: [Google]
625px-Nien_Nunb.jpg
86KB, 625x600px
How many alien species from any of the past Star Wars movies were in this one? I only noticed Ackbar and this nigga
>>
A force user letting go and overcoming fear is a powerful thing. Throughout the series from Obi-wan, Luke, Kanan, Ezra and even Anakin, we see this. Rey did the same thing when Kylo had her cornered and in a saber lock. Aggression and pain will never be as powerful in the end.
>>
>>78270529
Everyone else got a huge boner over him right? And everyone jizzed themselves when Kylo took of his helmet, right? It wasn't just me? Right?
>>
>>78270779

It's almost like they're purposely avoiding many things.

Were there even any twileks?
>>
>>78270779
There was an Ithorian in Maz's castle, that's about it. Really disappointed with the lack of classic aliens, not even a fucking Rodian ffs
>>
>>78270779
The constable is from Embo's species. And Crimson Corsair apparently wears armor from Grievous' culture

>>78270804
Overrated desu
>>
>>78270792
I laughed when Kylo took off his helmet. Ren looks like he was made to be bullied
>>
>>78270529

Yeah I was so interested in him. Besides his sweet design, looks like he was escorting some old alien with a missing leg/limp. And they were just chillin in a bar shooting shit while they got gas or whatever.

More of this stuff please.
>>
>>78270809
I'm pretty sure that's a separate species similar to lthorian, so not even that counts.
It's sad. They played it way to safe with this movie.
>>
>>78270839
According to the visual dictionary he was an Ithorian.
>>
>>78268778
And in the EU, when Chewie died, he left home, got drunk, and went on a smuggling adventure in Yuuzhan Vong occupied territory.

So TFA isn't the first thing to make Han undergo character reversion.
>>
>>78270835
Right!? At first anyways. But then when the movie went on I was like, this guy is actually super scary. Scary nerd with evil powers.
>>
File: 1446763359290.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446763359290.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>78270809

>no iconic aliens
>no iconic locations
>complete rehash of A New Hope
>>
Is anyone able to do a story time with the visual dictionary and the cross sections for this movie?
>>
>>78270854
yeah I mean his best friend died, you see some dark times after that.
>>
>>78270839
>>78270849
Nah it says he's an Ottegan, which are similar. He's part of an Ithorian religious sect though.
>>
>Appearing on the red carpet in London before heading back to the Big Apple, the 62-year-old filmmaker also confirmed the entire Star Wars: The Force Awakens cast will be returning for Episode VIII.
>>
>>78270601

It could be worse

Can you say: Sarco Planc???
>>
File: EeJ6bMa.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
EeJ6bMa.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>78270849
Are you talking about this guy? He is not a lthorian. They just have similar anatomy. Even says so right by his face.
>>
>>78270865
>oh look all Desert planet\
>oh look foresty planet
>oh look snowy planet
>oh look Scotland
>>
>>78270792

I got very excited to think about him hooking up with Ray.
Then I remembered they're cousins. Dammit Star Wars! Why much you ruin all my ships with your incest ways.
>>
>>78270867
That's not something that will happen with the books, I don't think. It isn't like digital comics.
>>
>>78270835
Driver is such a fucking great actor though. His performance really stands out.
>>
>>78270458
My theater is largely civilized, the only reactions were laughter at things like BB8 giving a thumbs up.

Except for one asshole who just kept giggling at random scenes for no reason.

A couple of people attempted to clap at the credits but it quickly died out.
>>
>>78270809
A Rodian would have been neat, but you never seen them reuse aliens in the OT outside of a Rodian in Jabba's Palace. Would have been boring if they did it then and same for now. Probably wouldn't have many classic aliens in the first place.
>>
>>78270835
I think that's the point. I think he's a pretty meek guy but turned to the dark side so he could become stronger.
>>
>>78270884

WHERE IS MY SARCO PLANC

WHERE IS MY VIBROSTAFF FIGHT SEQUENCE
>>
>>78270854

True, but I guess what they're going with here is that Han was never a very good dad. I prefer the Galaxy's Greatest Dad Han who doesn't revert until the galaxy is being genocided and his best friend and companion dies, but then bounces back after a little while.

>>78270888

>They couldn't even be bothered to use a real Ithorian
>>
>>78270915
They've reused Jawas too, also in Jabba's palace.
>>
>>78270779
Ithorian + Twilek @ Maz
Rodian in b/g on Jakku
Pancakes as you saw there
I swear I saw some Chadra-Fan

Oh and a droid with Highsinger's voice, and similar design.

I'm sure there were others.
>>
>>78270458
Guy next to me muttered GODDAMNIT JACEN SOLO YOUR EVIL IN THIS TOO STOP BEING EVIL IN THINGS WAIT THAT AIN'T JACEN SOLO WHAT IS IT WITH SOLOS

I'm sure he was trying to make some kind of epik maymay.
>>
>>78270835

He looks like that kid who joined ISIS
>>
Anyone else hoping for Zuckuss and 4LOM in part VIII or IX? I'd like to see the entire bounty hunter squad but since Bossk and Dengar were in CW already I'd imagine they'll be dead by TFA and it's hard to imagine old man Boba not being retired.
>>
>>78270988
>and it's hard to imagine old man Boba not being retired.
It's hard to imagine him anything other than dead, because that's his status currently in the new canon.
>>
>>78270988
Boba is dead. I want to see Bossk and IG-88 being bad motherfuckers.
>>
>>78270458
I had the average-fan fans. They (me included because I'm not above these things when everyone is doing it and I find it FUN) clapped during everything that was old that showed up. Falcon, Han, Darth Helmet, ect. Only one women was super annoying, who of course had to sit next to me, but I won't fault her too bad cause she seemed like a bigger fan than anyone else, but she cheered and swore at the screen a lot. When Ray Jedi Mind tricked the Trooper she yelled out BYE FALISSA. I don't know what that was referance to, but the rest of the theater cracked up? Then she yelled out YOU MOTHER FUCKER FUCK! At Kylo when he did the thing. Her boyfriend next to her said, babe, SHH! There are kids in here.

Other than that, a few people cheered out for Akbar, everyone laughed at all the right moments. They laughed at anything BB8 did. Group of girls behind me couldn't help go "awww" whenever he did anything super cute, like bumping into R2D2. I did too. Fucking cute robots...
>>
>>78270958
I swear to god I was the only one who called him The Pancake Kid
>>
There's a line in TFA that makes me think I know what series they'll do after rebels.
The lines about Kylo being trained by Luke, killing the other Jedi, new Jedi order, ect. I think it'll be Luke finding Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra and starting the new Jedi Academy pre episode 7. Eventually Not-Jacen shows up and at the end kills everyone.
>>
>>78270988
Zuckuss is probably dead if the Gand lifespans are canon still. I hope we see them in Rebels though. IG-88 as well.
>>
>>78270988
Zuckuss would be too old too. The only ones I can see still around are IG-88 and 4-LOM.
>>
>>78271012
Oh wait, my bad, indeed. I got confused and thought he was brought back in the new canon as well for some reason.

Forgot about IG-88 too.
>>
>>78270347
HHHHHHHHGGGG. Someone open up my word doc!
>>
>>78271022
>Jedi Academy is rekt, no Jedi during VII

that's so goddamn frustrating, it's almost comic "status quo is god" level of bullshit
>>
>>78270988

What are the chances of us seeing Cad Bane?
>>
I loved that as far as I can tell, Kylo Ren pretty much just wore the mask because he thought it was cool. To me, it seemed like he wasn't a Sith, he was a Sith fanboy. Remember all the arguing about whether his light saber was shitty or not? It makes perfect sense if you imagine him as a pimply, wannabe goth kid: he doesn't care that it's crap, he just thinks it looks awesome. And to his credit, he's right, it looks pretty rad.

>>78269558

I'd say

6 > 5 = 4 >= 7 >>>>> 3 > 2

and pretend 1 didn't happen
>>
>>78271050
The only thing left of him is his armor, which the Sarlaac regurgitated, which is now being passed around Tatooine's scum.
>>
File: 1450113905387.jpg (12KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1450113905387.jpg
12KB, 340x340px
>>78271022

would have made things a lot easier if there had been more animated stuff of Legends shit before they called it quits. I would have watched a Solo Twins cartoon.
>>
>>78271063
It's the same story we've seen already. It's a New Hope with a fresh coat of paint on it.
>>
>>78271036
>>78271033
If we go by EU lifespans, Bossk should be still alive.

I think we might see the entire crew in Rogue One, though. Maybe some of the CW ones, even, I'd imagine Cad or Embo were active for a while afterwards and there was that scrapped arc with Cad and Boba in CW, wasn't there?

Actually I just want a single bounty hunter spinoff. Their stories were one of the few parts of the EU I liked, apart from Fett wankery.
>>
What was your favourite scene in TFA?
>>
>>78271066
He dead during the OT nigga
Crippled and old at best
>>
>>78270458
Too much clapping but I literally signed up for that when I decided to do the marathon
>>
The visual dictionary says Snap Wexley (One of the the Resistance pilots during the Starkiller assault) is from Akiva and the son of a "Y-Wing pilot who flew at the Battle of Endor"

What? I thought Temmin was Nora's only son? Then again Aftermath was so shit that I don't remember if she mentioned another kid or not.
>>
>>78271118
Seeing how the new movie is just fanservice, they'll bring Boba back. No question about it.
>>
>>78271073

Who wants to see this character? I just don't get it.
>>
>>78271135
There was a 30 year gap between Aftermath and TFA. She could have had another son.
>>
>>78271066
He's older than Jango so slim to none, I think it's safe to assume he might show up in Rebels though.
>>
>>78269995
>his dad
Do we even know his family? I don't recall it being mentioned during the movie.
>>
>>78271118
ah fuck I didn't even think of that. Weren't they making some sort of bounty hunter movie, though? I think it was set in OT era.
>>
>>78271142
He's clearly talking about Cad Bane.
>>
File: 1449363699933.jpg (72KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1449363699933.jpg
72KB, 645x1260px
>>78270884
>Sarco Plank wasn't the key after all
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 201x300px
Who got a pic of Luke from TFA that shows that sxxxxxy silvery Qui Gon hair he rockin
>>
>>78271152
Wook says it's Temmin.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temmin_Wexley

Not that the Wook is an absolute authority. Snap could also be a nickname.
>>
>>78271182
The guidebook explicitly states he idolized his father who was an imperial officer.

>>78271184
Turned out to be Rogue One, I'm afraid.
>>
>>78271221
Why does Luke's hand look more robotic now? It looked perfectly human-like in the OT.
>>
>>78271209

Sarco Planc wasn't even the keyRING

Sarco Planc wasn't even the metal shavings on the floor of the key desk at Ace Hardware

Sarco Planc wasn't even on the premises of an Ace Hardware
>>
>>78271244
Because the audience needs to be reminded that he has a robotic hand. The only reason he wore the black glove was because it was damaged and you could see the motors and servos inside it, which he no doubt repaired after the whole business with Vader. If he had a normal looking hand, the audience wouldn't know he has a prosthesis.
>>
>>78271244

Because based Skywalker dont give a fuck about no cosmetics, pleb

He livin on an island yerkin it, and he yerks LEFT handed
>>
>>78270458
I think I was the most transarent guy in the theater. I think there was a neckbeard next too me I was bothering. I didn't give a fuck. I was throwing fists up and "yess"ing and expressing surprise at everything from "The garbage ship will do...camera pan to the Falcon" to "BEN!", and everything in between.
I was clutching myself every time the Falcon hit anything. I don't want anything irreparable happening to the old girl.
>>
>>78271237
Oh, I didn't read the guidebook. Wookiepedia says nothing.
>>
>>78269158
>Just how far will they go with the KoTOR connection going forward?
pretty far considering the movie ended on fucking Tython.
>>
>>78271244
fake flesh has worn off and he never got it fixed
>>
>>78271244
It probably degraded after years of exile.
>>
>tfw the wook isnt helpful
I'm not used to ever feeling this feel
>>
File: ben.jpg (107KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ben.jpg
107KB, 720x480px
Just got back from TFA.

It was wonderful, very wonderful. The characters were all great, the action sequences were intense, the plot was predictable but good. It was a modern Star Wars movie that was actually good. It manages to surpass Revenge of the Sith, but IMO, doesn't quite get into OT territory.

Hoping Rian can hit it out of the park with Episode 8!
>>
>>78271341
To be fair the entire thing wasn't even scanned yet, people are just repeating the same 3 facts from the entries about Hux, Kylo and the pirate because they were posted here. We don't even have the Finn, Rey and Phasma pages yet.
>>
>>78270865
>no iconic aliens
What about the scrapper landshark?
>>
Are the Jedi ever gonna get it together? they just keep getting fucked up
>>
File: dW65D7n.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
dW65D7n.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271400
Posting Finn and Rey pages.
>>
>>78271398
I agree anon. I think it did a good job at introducing everything needed for the next two films while remaning interesting and fun. Gonna be a long wait until May 2017
>>
File: R4QE06Y.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
R4QE06Y.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271434
>>
>>78271422
Considering Luke is the only one, it's not going to be an easy job getting the order back to what it was. Doesn't help that he seems to have no support but he likely doing that to himself.
>>
File: glByz5y.jpg (947KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
glByz5y.jpg
947KB, 3024x4032px
>>78271451
>>
Can someone explain why the 'Resistance' and the 'New Republic' were two separate things? Everything about how these two work is my only major story gripe with the film because there's next to no exposition on what they are or are even doing beyond the resistance apparently being the only force against the First Order. The Republic doesn't seem to be doing shit and has its own fleet, but wouldn't it logically be led by the Rebels after Jedi? Why did Leia leave it than instead of just leading it and a new actual fleet against the remnants of the empire? Why did the resistance's entire fleet compromise these 20 x-wings instead of any of the capital ships shown in Jedi?

It really bothers me because I don't even understand why we're supposed to care about the big dumb superweapon blowing up the Republic solar system, and it's so blase just how little thought is put into this one part of the story. Even with how little info the OT gave us about Alderaan we were invested in Leia's connection to the planet, and her despair at its destruction shone through well, but here Leia and the resistance are just like 'oh fuck, better hurry up or we're next!' despite billions more people probably dying from this.

Overall though the movie was still good, and as a whole movie was better than Jedi (while not reaching Jedi's highest points however).
>>
File: KiUbKcS.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
KiUbKcS.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>78271456
>>
>>78271435
We'll have plenty of comics, Rebels episodes, and Rogue One to keep us tied over until then.

I hope we get a Phasma comic series going forward in the future.
>>
>>78269034
Because hes a big bald throne guy (at least in holo appearance).
>>
>>78271458
The republic would rather not engage in another war so they signed a treaty allowing the Empire remnants to fuck off in the corner and stay quiet. The resistance is against this and wants them gone but it has the backing of the republic in secret. Leia has also been tarnished and suffers a bad reptuation from those who want to ignore the FO and just get on with life. I agree though that it was very rushed over and ill explained. I don't want to have to rely on extra books to get the information
>>
>>78271458
>beyond the resistance apparently being the only force against the First Order. The Republic doesn't seem to be doing shit and has its own fleet,
There's your answer. NR isn't concerned about the FO and the Resistance was formed out of people that were concerned.
>>
>>78271474

Do we know who anyone is in that? I don't want Mads wasted as a baddie, I want him as a badass space dude
>>
>>78271470
>Rey sitting with the helmet on

Maximum qt
>>
The Visual Dictionary entry for R2 is sad as fuck.
>Seven decades old
>Starting to show his age
>Has made backups of his entire memory and he's secretly made copies of data he's accessed over the years
>Is in low power mode to organize and defragment it.
>This causes him to "dream" about his past adventures
Little dude literally put himself into a coma.
>>
>>78271398
I knew Kylo Ren would be my favorite character simply because Darth Vader always has been, but man, Adam Driver really nailed it. Never seen him in anything before but he was great.
>>
Post rumors that turned out to be bullshit.

>The movie's opening shot is Luke's severed hand holding a lightsaber floating through space

>Finn is Lando Calrissian's son

>Rey's staff is extremely important and is what Kylo Ren was searching for
>>
File: da clone.webm (2MB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
da clone.webm
2MB, 640x362px
>Perhaps Snoke should use a Clone Army?

I hope this is followed up in some way, shape or form in the future.
>>
>>78270458
Cheering for the logo and the Falcon
Applause for Han and Chewie
Laughs for BB-8 thumbs up
A few women cheered for Ray schooling Kylo
Applause at the end

A lot of people stayed behind to see if there was anything at the end of the credits only to be met with a Bad Robot logo and the lights coming on.
>>
>>78271506
Mads will be wasted as an Imperial baddie, choked out by Vader for losing the plans.

>>78271513
R2 had a hard life
>>
>>78271513
I've always wondered if R2 might have a slight force sensitivityy
>>
File: 9I89gfk.jpg (973KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
9I89gfk.jpg
973KB, 3024x4032px
>>78271458
Read these pages on the Senate and Leia. Basically:
>Episode 6 happens. Vader and Sidious are dead.
>Empire starts arguing over power.
>Jakku happens a year later.
>New Republic and Empire make a treaty to end the war. The Empire can't have an army or Star Destroyers. Mon Mothma is the new chancellor for the beginning of this age and they end up voting on a new chancellor and capital planet every few years.
>First Order starts fucking with the Outer Rim.
>New Republic votes to ignore them.
>Leia gets pissed and starts the Resistance to fight against the First Order.
>>
>>78271458
New Republic is a legitimate government with its own territory separate from the First Order. Resistance is an armed insurgency against First Order rule within First Order territory that is receiving covert aid from the New Republic.

New Republic is USA. Resistance are Contras. Next movie we might get Bay of Pigs.
>>
>>78271506
Mads said he'll be playing a good guy in Rogue One, don't worry my friend.
>>
>>78271526
Hux clones to run a competent bureaucracy, of course
>>
>>78271496
>The republic would rather not engage in another war so they signed a treaty allowing the Empire remnants to fuck off in the corner and stay quiet.
>Leia has also been tarnished and suffers a bad reptuation from those who want to ignore the FO and just get on with life.

When did the movie say this? It wasn't in the movie was it.

> I don't want to have to rely on extra books to get the information

Fucking this, the prequels plot sucked because there was too much information and all the things that would actually make you care about the world and characters are in EU content that's often an over complicated mess. Wasn't the point of erasing it making it so that these new films could stand on their own with the EU being purely supplementary instead of needed to understand the basic conflict?
>>
File: IZNijF3.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IZNijF3.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271546
>>
>>78271524
>The Resistance have their own Death Star
>>
>>78271567
It's from the visual dictionary that has been posted throughout the thread
>>
>>78271548
So Resistance is ISIS?
>>
File: 1ZeqhSl.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1ZeqhSl.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I also have a few pages from Incredible Cross Sections.
>>
post a picture of a first order transporter
>>
File: DQ3TLao.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
DQ3TLao.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271605
>>
>>78271422
I believe so, yes. I imagine a big part of the rest of the trilogy is about Luke training Rey and along the way finding in himself the hope and confidence that he clearly seems to have lost after Kylo Ren went to the dark side and killed everyone. But we still don't actually know the full story on that and what led to it. It's easy to speculate that Luke will sacrifice himself, but I bet by the end of the trilogy a new Jedi Order will be founded, possibly with Rey leading it if Luke sacrifices himself at any point.
>>
>>78270458
Cheers for every old cast member (even C-3PO), cheers for the opening titles, Laughs for the BB-8 thumbs up, and a few scattered laughs here and there (I think there was a few for the stormtroopers backing away)
>>78271513
What if they kill off R2?

...I don't think I could handle that.
>>
File: RTOOeBm.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
RTOOeBm.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271615
>>78271609
I don't think I have a picture of its page.
>>
>>78271580
Should have recast both of them

They look old now.
>>
>>78271337
>I was clutching myself every time the Falcon hit anything. I don't want anything irreparable happening to the old girl.

I did that too.
>>
>>78271458
I think the implication is that until the events of the movie, the New Republic and First Order were in a kind of cold war situation, with the Republic essentially funding the Resistance as a separate group of rebels working within the first order's territory rather than being in all out war with them. Hux hints at that in his speech. Kind of like the USA funding the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan because they knew getting involved themselves would mean WW3.

Of course, that plan doesn't really work out for them when the First Order know what's going on and decide to perform a decapitation strike on the Republic with their brand new super weapon. I guess a new STAR WARS™ has begun.
>>
File: le darkseid face.jpg (28KB, 417x377px) Image search: [Google]
le darkseid face.jpg
28KB, 417x377px
>>78271526
post yfw we get Phasma clones to make up for lack of Christie action in TFA
>>
File: Sc8ldTJ.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Sc8ldTJ.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>78271637
>>
>>78270458
>cheering after the 20 minutes of ads and trailers stopped
>Laughter at the jokes
>Cheering at the end
>>
>>78271546

Wow this explains quite a bit, why was there not a single bit of throwaway dialogue to at least imply any of this?

>New Republic and Empire make a treaty to end the war. The Empire can't have an army or Star Destroyers.
>Leia gets pissed and starts the Resistance to fight against the First Order.

This interests me especially because I was curious as to why the First Order only had one Star Destroyer. I really would've appreciated some throwaway lines from people like General Hux saying 'now we can continue the war against the Republic and build out fleet backup!' and Leia saying 'the Republic's full of cowards, so we're low on ships and support' or something. Not much in practice, but it really would've helped the world of the film since again, it felt like there was too little exposition compared to even the OT.
>>
>>78271605
>The First Order values it's cadets rather than treating them as canon fodder

I like this, it adds weight to Kylo and the other stormtroopers yelling "Traitor."

The First Order is trying to do away with the personal gain system that the empire had in place.
>>
>>78271398
>Those snowtrooper helmets

Who the fuck designed these things?
>>
>>78271638
They are old.
>>
Were those Star Destroyers orbiting the Hosnian planets? I hope we get to see New Republic remnants in VIII
>>
>>78271654
So that's what those motherfuckers did with my B-Wings
>>
>>78271636
R2 is the chronicler of the SW saga, they won't kill him off.
>>
So, I think Poe is a deep spy for the First Order/Snoke, or was replaced by a clone.

He said he always wanted to fly a tie fighter, but knew exactly how the weapons worked. How did he get off Jakku, and where was he when the ship crashed?
>>
File: 1243532124521.png (383KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
1243532124521.png
383KB, 499x460px
>>78271638
Is this bait?
>>
>>78271664
There was though, in the opening crawl and Hux's speech. Were you not paying attention?
>>
File: neat.jpg (29KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
29KB, 500x491px
>>78271654
>The Resistance transports are basically big B-Wings
>>
>>78271664
>This interests me especially because I was curious as to why the First Order only had one Star Destroyer.
It was mentioned on the Kylo Ren page in the visiual dictionary that it was made in secret in violation on a secret base. There's a lot of cool information they left out
>>
>>78270616
Moments of all three, taken on their own, were more enjoyable.

As a whole, its better than any of the prequel trilogy I'd say.
>>
>>78271667
Could Snoke by extension be trying to do away with the concept that Sith are only about personal gain? I mean that's what's been holding them back for so long with the Rule of Two (which appears to be more of a guideline most of the time)
>>78271688
I know but I'm still scared it would happen
>>
>>78271228

Starwars.com now lists a Temmin "Snap" Wexley.
>>
>>78271691
I would hate that. Especially as his parents were big players in the rebellion and battle of endor. He was basically raised by the rebels/leia
>>
They needed a scene showing the relationships between the Resistance, the New Republic, and First Order, make it more clear.
>>
>Hux wasn't just Tarkin 2.0

Can't wait to see how Snoke punishes him
>>
>>78271696

I was, all the opening crawl said was that the Republic and Resistance are two separate things without saying why Leia left the Republic or that there was a peace treaty between the Republic and the First Order. Hux's speech I don't remember as much but I don't recall him stating 'after this peace we were forced to make, we shall continue the war' or whatever, he just talked about destroying the Republic in very broad terms. I really liked that scene though otherwise because the speech and the Hitler salute the Stormtroopers did were the cheesiest thing in the film.

>>78271717

Now that's some pretty cool extra info.
>>
>>78271691
The only spy I hope they have is Phasma.
>>
>>78271764
I think they were trying to avoid the "boring senate scenes and politics" of the prequels.
>>
>>78271764
>I'm a retard who wasn't paying attention
>>
>>78271772
Hux is the only one of the three without a facial deformity. That'll be his punishment.
>>
>Mad Max was better than ANH 2.0
Told ya
>>
I thought Maz Kanata was cute.

Not in a sex way, in a pat her on the head and pinch her cheeks kinda way. Like a D'AWWW kinda way.
>>
>>78270458
Laughing at the jokes mainly. The biggest moments being the stormtroopers bailing on Ren and Threepio interrupting Han and Leia's moment.

I'm surprised there was applause at the end since I've never experienced that with a movie before here.
>>
>>78271738
That would certainly make for an interesting sub-plot, and could add some moral ambiguity.

Seeing Snoke as evil and redeeming at the same time could make him a very interesting character.
>>
>>78271801

I smiled when she said Chewie was her boyfriend.

Lewds when.
>>
>>78271669
for snow blindness
>>
It's a bit sad that once reformed the Republic immediately goes back to being ovely passive and incompetent.
>>
>>78271458
The New Republic is a governing body for the parts of the empire that the resistance liberated in the past, with its own grand navy based out of a single system.

The Resistance is the same old Rebellion Resistance who did not chooses to end the fight once the empire was broken, but still fights to anhilate the main remaining fragment, the remnant that is the New Order in the Outer Rim.

The New Republic does not want to fight the First Order yet if at all, just having left a brutal period of subjugation and a short war that saw entire planets vaporized, so the covertly fund The Resistence to keep the First Order in check.

Not covertly enough, or in check enough, it turns out.
>>
>>78271228
Was Temmin actually visually in the movie? Which one was he?
>>
>>78271435
OH thank the Maker, I thought we were in for two fucking year wait.

That was probably my biggest "complaint" of the movie. Snoke and Luke are such a huge fucking cocktease I really want to know what happens next.
>>
>>78271801
She looks like a Grandma Carrot :3

>>78271830
No Jedi to keep the peace.
>>
>>78271808
>the stormtroopers bailing on Ren

That was almost Robot Chichenesque. In a good way.
>>78271810
No so much "redeeming" as "trying to make practical". Like he's trying to rebuild the Sith like Luke rebuilt the Jedi.

Something something poetry.
>>78271817
Chewie is quite the ladykiller it seems.
>>
>>78271801
Fun Fact: The Visual Dictionary says she has an affinity for the Force, but never walked that path. Instead she uses her connection to the Force to keep her out of danger.
>>
Anyone else think March of the Resistance is vaguely similar to Flag Parade from TPM?
>>
>>78271458
According to the books Aftermath and Lost Stars, the Rebels set up the New Republic and the senate on Chandrila but after wrecking the Empire hard at Jakku, a treaty is signed that basically splits the galaxy in half with the Empire still controlling Coruscant but neither side engaged in open war anymore. Mon Mothma literally dissolves the military and leaves every planet in the New Republic to form their own defense militias, essentially the same as it was before the Clone Wars. This angers many of the military leaders who feel the war should continue because the Empire is still a threat, so it would seem some went off on their own to continue operating like the Rebel Alliance. Meanwhile, the majority of the Imperial Fleet/military decides to go sneak off and hide somewhere far away and try to rebuild in secret. The only thing I'm unclear about there is whether or not the Empire as a whole agreed to that plan or if, who I'm assuming is Snoke, decided to go rogue and create his own splinter faction from the military force he was able to assemble, leaving the actual Empire nearly defenseless.
>>
>Kylo losing his shit
>Stormies hear it
>Wisely nope the fuck out of there
>>
I don't know if anyone has done this yet.
http://strawpoll.me/6301960
>>
>>78271801
Nyong'o did an amazing job with her.
>>
>>78271895
Her line about the Force being in all living things seemed like a fuck-you to midi-chlorians.
>>
>>78271902
>best new character

BB-8 stole my heart.
>>
File: fagg1px1ebnw9nvp7at5.png (352KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
fagg1px1ebnw9nvp7at5.png
352KB, 800x450px
She's definitely the new Boba Fett.
Jobbed harder then Fett did in Return too.
>>
>>78271900

>Mon Mothma literally dissolves the military and leaves every planet in the New Republic to form their own defense militias

God do they WANT to get run over by the Empire
>>
>>78270458
Mostly quiet. My group watched, there was some laughter here and there as appropriate, no clapping at the end.

There was a young woman, early 20s probably, who screamed when you know who got you know whatted by you know who.
>>
File: latest[19].jpg (266KB, 607x874px) Image search: [Google]
latest[19].jpg
266KB, 607x874px
>>78271834
>>
>>78271924
When he gave Finn the thumbs up I felt the urge to go and buy a remote control BB8
>>
>>78271902
I really liked Finn and Poe

I hope they have more buddy moments in the future.
>>
>>78271900
>Mon Mothma literally dissolves the military

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!!
>>
>>78271936
Matt Parkman?
>>
File: Greg_Grunberg_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (4MB, 1928x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Greg_Grunberg_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
4MB, 1928x2768px
>>78271834
He was this guy, but with a beard apparently.

Parkman from Heroes and apparently a childhood friend of Abrams
>>
>>78271925
She has 2 movies to redeem herself in at least.
>>
>>78271900
I hate saying this, but The First Order reminds me of Hydra.
>>
>>78271964
She dead mang
>>
>>78271936
He really let himself go.
>>
>>78271936
Parkman-san
>>
>>78271960

Yeah JJ puts him in all his stuff
>>
>>78271975
Kathleen Kennedy said she's going to be in more movies.
>>
>>78271939
Me too.

I even went to Wal-Mart afterwards to see how much they cost, but they were like $50.
>>
>>78271900

>Mon Mothma literally dissolves the military and leaves every planet in the New Republic to form their own defense militias, essentially the same as it was before the Clone Wars.

Is Mon Mothma the biggest retard in this series?
>>
>>78271936
>The Resistance is secretly building a clone army of Porkins
>>
>>78271960
>>78271988
Yeah, he was Kirks step dad in ST '09. He owned the car Kirk stole towards the beginning.
>>
>>78271992
Christie said she didn't hear anything about it.

I like the Phasma clone army theory though.
>>
>>78271997
I am surprised they are not sold out already.
>>78272019
What is everyone's fascination with Porkins?

And why can't I say his name without giggling?
>>
>>78271998
Yes. She is the Anti-Sheev.

She's so against military action that it ultimately doomed the Republic.

the poetry is ripe.
>>
Qt Asian girl pilot is mai waifu
>>
>>78271998
Well, no, the biggest retard is someone from the prequels. I wanna say Jarjar, but you could make a firm argument for any given character being the dumbest fuck ever.
>>
>>78272045
Jar Jar was a goddamn genius.
>>
>>78271925
Did Boba DO anything when he first showed up, or was he just in the shadows as well. I can't recall. But I'm pretty pissed Phasam didn't do literally anything in this movie besides get football tackled by a wookie. Ow.
But then I thought to myself, wait, did the Almighty Too Awesome Fett do anything his first time either?
>>
>>78271652
Made me give a little high pitched squeal out loud.

That would be SO GOOD.

FUCK JJ PLS
>>
>>78271998
>leads a group called the Alliance to Restore the Republic
>With the war over, she effectively restores the Galaxy to the Republic as it was.

Who exactly is the retard?
>>
>>78271998
Shes probably the most Democratic. She was a senator before, during, and after the Clone Wars. Hell, she was one of Padame's Senator besties.
>>
>>78272058
Did Phasma even shoot her gun once? I know she was cunty towards Finn but that was it. She didn't do much else
>>
>>78272019
>>78272034
VD also says Resistance pilots have developed maneuvers named after Alliance heroes.
>Skywalker Swoop
>Antilles Intercept
>Porkins Belly Run
>>
>>78272056
Yeah, he must've been to go from exile to bombad general in the span of a couple of days, and then in a decade or so he retired from the military and became a senator.
>>
>>78271968
The star wars database specifically refers to it as a junta. It's not an uncommon thing to form whenever there's a power vacuum.
>>
>>78272058
Mostly being flippant to Vader.
>>
File: 4-rian-johnson.jpg (49KB, 395x594px) Image search: [Google]
4-rian-johnson.jpg
49KB, 395x594px
>>78272059
It's up to Rian
>>
>>78272075

Was there a vote to dissolve the military?!

look i don't wanna say the civilians DESERVE to be ruled by a facist Empire but...
>>
>>78272080
>Porkins Belly Run

..are...are you serious?
>>
So, that planet that they destroyed with the Starkiller, was that Chandrila? In the current books, that's the New Republic capital and that First Order officer implied they were destroying the Senate in his speech. If so, that's pretty fucking nuts, that's always been a major planet in the EU and video games and stuff.
>>
>>78272034
There were about 7 or 8 out, but this Wal-Mart doesnt keep much expensive toys out. When I worked there I had to restock the expensive stuff a couple of times a day.
>>
>>78271968
Not hard, what with all the Nazi themes.
>>
>>78272080
>Porkins Belly Run

nice
>>
>>78272106
Hosnian. They change the capital every few years.
>>
>>78272106
No, Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>78272034
>What is everyone's fascination with Porkins?
It's an old /swg/ (people won't like that I call these threads that, but that's what they fucking are) meme. Basically people came up with an AU where instead of Luke firing the shot that destroyed the Death Star, Porkins' corpse got lodged in the exhaust vent and blew it up instead and in death Porkins is hailed as the hero of the Rebellion.

There was a good drawfag picture of a shrine that had been built in his honor, but I don't have it any more.
>>
>>78272100
God I hope so.
>>
>>78272045

Nah, Jar Jar is somehow a decent politician that was a good friend to Sheev and got him the power he wanted. I'm pretty sure the dumbest guy in the prequels is Nute Gunray and the rest of the CIS council, the guys who're wasting probably billions of credits listening to some guy in a hood saying they'll make loads of money if they split off from the government and start an intergalatic war that would lead to all their corporations being taken from them. And this same government was one that these corporations actually held seats in as if they were actual planets and apparently had extensive political influence over.
>>
>Han has a big ship, saw spoilers
>Get to see it in movie
>Fucking awesome I love this thing
>I want to give one to my players in my RPG, let them do some cool shit with it
>Oh hey nice way to sneak around on it!
>suddenly Alien Isolation
>NOPE.png
>>
>>78272106
Hosnian system was mentioned in the fucking movie. There was a map a couple weeks ago that showed Hosnian Prime on the map, separate from Coruscant and Chandrila.
>>
>>78272130
Amazing.
>>
>Snoke almost became a female at one point
>>
>>78271925
>>78271652

IT ALL MAKES SENSE

SHES GONNA BE FETT

Does nothin, looks cool as fuck, no shown face even in the toys, appears to die instantly and easily in a giant "pit" containing a monster (Sarlac Pit/Garbage Crusher Pit (with monster)).

COME ON CHRISTIE CLONE ARMY

ITS LIKE POTTERY
>>
>>78272106
Just a random planetary system that was hosting the senate, which moves every few years based on vote.

Not that the movie does a good job of telling you that.
>>
>>78271652
>qt blonde amazon clone army in gaudy silver armors

I'm not sure if I could handle this
>>
>>78272154
At least that would've been different from Sheev 2.0
>>
>>78271654
>tfw Leia doesn't notice your new jacket
>>
what're the odds of Snoke actually be a giant?
>>
>>78272138
>Before the film comes out, George makes a big deal about how he didn't want Han to shoot first because it would make him seem too evil to wind up with Leia
>in TFA, Han kills a guy by throwing him into a fucking giant tentacle monster's mouth
>>
>>78272154
For some reason, this really bugs me. I loved Rey as the female protagonist or even Captain Phasma , but having the ultimate villain be a female kinda bugs me for some reason.
I'm not sure why.
>>
>>78272172
Snoke looks pretty different from Sheev though. Sheev was a Conan villain, but Snoke is like an Engineer-Vampire giant.
>>
>>78272189
Low. They really want to play it safe and a giant wouldn't be "Star Warsy" enough.
>>
>>78272100
>>78272132
100% serious. I can't take a pic right now but it's on page 61.
>>
File: 0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>78272172
Snoke and Sheev are not the same dude.

Sheev is unique. Sheev is Sheev.
>>
>>78272189
He's apparently over 7 feet tall.
>>
So I'm assuming Luke is going to have a much bigger presence in Episode VIII and actually do something?
>>
>>78271361
What? Where is that confirmed?
>>
>>78272195
That's really dumb.
>>
>>78272155
Would explain why they claim Phasma plays a large role in VIII, but Christie said she has no clue if the actual character even appears in it. She's still here but not as the same Phasma.
>>
>>78269181
Anakin balanced the force. The prophecy never said it would be for good.
>>
>>78272221

>Snoke smaller than Phasma

lol
>>
>>78272238
Gwen is only 6'3
>>
>>78272224
I think the anon meant Rakata Prime. There's a big theory going around that that's the planet where Luke is.
>>
>>78271925
>gets thrown in a trash compactor
I kek'd hard, I admit. She'll obviously be back for the sequel though, and I do hope they actually make her more integral.
>>
>>78272154
Why doesn't Christie play a giant sith? That would've been great
>>
>>78272227
You're gonna need to elaborate on why that's dumb, anon. I personally feel making the ultimate villain a female is lame as fuck.
>>
>>78272244

Wait really? I thought she was like 6'5

also it was just a joke
>>
>>78272248
I don't think Luke's planet will be from the EU. It'll probably be original.
>>
>>78272112
Well Nazi themes have always been a thing in Star Wars. I just dont like the Hydra part.

It would have been better if the Empire dissolved into the First Order. Better yet, just be the Empire. No need to Hydra around it. It just bugs me.

We all know the Empire is evil, let them be evil. It wouldnt have hurt the film at all. Hell, it would have made it more interesting.

I still loved the movie though.
>>
>>78272223
Expect at least as much screentime as Yoda in ESB, though I'm personally hope for more. I want to see Luke fight again and actually be part of everything and not just continue hiding from his past mistakes.
>>
>>78272253
She would have been a great Lumiya
>>
>>78272223
Obviously.
>>
>>78272261
You're gonna need to elaborate on why that's lame as fuck, anon. I personally feel there's nothing inherently wrong with making the ultimate villain a female.
>>
>>78272195
Probably because you're a white CIS male mansoginistic nah I'm just fucking around.

I have the same feeling. We had Rey and Phasma and I think if we had had the big bad, or Kylo, ALSO being female it would've come off as heavy-handed pandering, like JJ was trying to get his feminist card renewed.
>>
File: tough shit fam.png (29KB, 173x168px) Image search: [Google]
tough shit fam.png
29KB, 173x168px
>>78272284
Woman aren't intimidating.
Fight me.
>>
File: gw.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
>>78272262
191 centimeters, that's around 6'3

still good enough, tall women, let alone actresses, are so rare and she simultaneously looks adorable
>>
>>78272309
Oh, so no real reason. 'K then.
>>
>>78272309
God you are an idiot.
>>
>>78272309
You clearly haven't watched enough Femdom
>>
>implying Snoke is a male

check your human gender privilege
>>
>>78272319
>>78272328

Honestly, at this point I'm just trying to trigger you. I already said I don't fucking know. It just bugs me.
>>
File: unmasked.jpg (37KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
unmasked.jpg
37KB, 856x480px
My friend actually made a curious observation/prediction about Snoke. Pic related. Notice any similarities between Vader and Snoke? Failed Anakin clone maybe?
>>
>>78272276
>yfw he gets struck down like Obi-Wan and joins the force.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (155KB, 797x800px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
155KB, 797x800px
>>78271654
>>
>>78272340
I think you should come to terms with your sexism and try to fix it
>>
>>78272342
Begun, the two years of retarded speculation have.
>>
>>78272342
Not really, no.
>>
File: 1311518098284.jpg (971KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1311518098284.jpg
971KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else want to see some ground combat in the next film?

Dogfights are good but I'm a sucker for some infantry and tank warfare.
>>
>>78272370
Ep 8 or Rogue One? Because I think that's the majority of what Rogue One will be.
>>
>>78272342
I read another ridiculous thing like this that Snoke is a future Kylo from time travel. Speaking of such, does time travel exist in Star Wars?
>>
>>78272319
>>78272323
>>78272328
Women literally aren't intimidating. There's an evolutionary reason for it even. In the wild men are the ones who would go out and kill animals for food and warring tribes to protect his tribe. Women always stayed with the camp because they have long pregnancies and need to be protected while pregnant. Thus they're normally the ones who take care of the children while men are out getting supplies and food. Because of this we've evolved to subconsciously think of men as more intimidating (because they're the ones that will threaten your tribe and children).

That's not to say that they couldn't get an intimidating woman to play Snoke, but they would be risking a large portion of the audience not taking the character seriously or being as afraid of Snoke as they should be.
>>
>>78272370
Did you miss Mr. Awesome Trooper vs Finn?
>>
>>78272319
>>78272323
>>78272328
>>78272354

>/co/mblr is real
>>
>>78272383
...maybe in some EU stuff?
>>
>>78272380
Ep 8.
>>
>>78272370
I want space stalingrad
>>
>>78272370
If they continue to stick with the formula, I imagine we'll be getting an opening battle like Hoth with the First Order striking against the Resistance or New Republic at some secret base.
>>
>>78272384
It's not like Snoke's appearance is very intimidating either
>>
>>78272413
>femdom
>not a /co/ thing
>>
Punished "Venom" C-3P0 was the best thing about this movie.
>>
>>78272384
Only if you made her beautiful and thin and tall and Demi-God looking. Make her a beefed up bald women with a melting face, and then I would be scared. Non-pretty women are scary and threatening.
>>
File: Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg (772KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg
772KB, 1920x1080px
>Kylo Ren has a very tragic character
>clearly mentally unstable
>Adam Driver plays him incredibly well

>People on /tv/ trying to call him a generic edgelord
>>
I find it weird that the Falcon just happens to be on Jakku for Finn and Ray to just take. I know it was stolen, but come on.
>>
>>78272433
What was up with the red arm anyway
>>
Anyone else shocked at the lack of fighting power the Resistance had?

Literally one old RAF base and like what, 12 X-Wings? They didn't even commit any troops to go with Han & Co. Not even a squad.

Are they that desperate?
>>
>>78272383
It did in the EU, but only on accident. In the book Crosscurrent (honestly one of my absolute favorites and totally underrated) a Sith warship from the time of Exar Kun gets sent thousands of years into the future in the post-RotJ/LotF era after a hyperdrive accident. Also, Jacen Solo used to the Force to see the past a few times, but that's different.
>>
>>78272421

Oh no! An old man sitting down! RUN!! RUNN!!!!!!
>>
>>78272384
>citation needed
>>
File: kylo.jpg (195KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
195KB, 780x770px
>>78272441
>>
>>78272413
>not hating women is tumblr now
>>
>>78272433
I really enjoyed the bit where he jumped into the camera. I normally find him very annoying but he was good in this
>>
>>78272414
Not that I know about. There has been quite a few characters that travelled the ages, but no one ever got back in time.
>>
>>78272413
How was my post "/co/mblr"?
>>
>>78272449
He's already a demon, R2-D2.
>>
>>78272451
>Are they that desperate?

Fucking Star Eater just blew up FOUR planets in 10 seconds with one shot? You don't think those guys are throwing office supplies at Troopers in their desperation to stop them?
>>
Anyone else go in worried that BB-8 would be annoying but were then pleasantly surprised? He was great.
>>
>>78272451
I'm thinking yes, they had no fleet or real army because the New Republic, for some dumb reason, was not backing them at all. If that hasn't changed by the next film, then the First Order deserves to win.
>>
>>78272448
I lost my virginity when I was 23 on a world tour. It was in Tokyo. Wanna know who it was to?

My old first girlfriend from middle school. I had not seen her for nearly 15 years. Her family was poor back then. We didn't even live in the same city any more and I had moved like 5 times after.

Yet somehow, at a convention, I ran into her. We began to talk and then fucked for old times sake. Was good shit.

Now, tell me about "just happens to be there" odds? Is my life a "bad story" written by JJ?
>>
>>78272448
>implying it wasnt left there as planned
Luke drops of Rey with Max von Kenobi who leaves behind the Falcon incase they need to escape with only them two having knowledge of how to fly
>>
>>78272464
don't reply to /tv/ shitposters who believe any conservative worldview is /pol/ and every other one is tumblr, please, avoiding them was the reason why it's one of the rare few good generals on this board
>>
>>78272370
Yes but not shot in the Hunger Games/POV style that this movie had.
>>
File: the way of men.jpg (207KB, 893x1360px) Image search: [Google]
the way of men.jpg
207KB, 893x1360px
>>78272459
Jack Donovan - The Way of Men.
>>
I wonder where Kylo found Vader's melted helmet. Unless it was just sitting there still on Endor.
>>
>>78272488
He was really cute. But I was expecting him to be a girl
>>
>>78272485
Those four planets were Republic, not Resistance. I'm assuming their fleets were there too, which got wiped.

Regardless, I would of thought the resistance would of had at least, I don't know, a few small freighters turned gunships or a blockade runner?
>>
>>78272469
That scene was perfect. I've always loved Threepio's comic relief and it was nice to see him still getting on Han's nerves. I like to think he does it on purpose to take out some pent up frustration from the abuse R2 always directs at him.
>>
>>78272448
It's written in the stars.
>>
>>78272456
Why do you think the first starkiller target was the senate?
>>
>>78272521
>Jack Donovan
Well yeah might as well start posting commies as reliable to balance this
>>
>>78272526
It'll probably be something stupid like that. They probably didn't think ahead.
>>
>>78271902
I loved Poe, Rey, and Finn too much. They were all so great. Oscar Issacs was so fucking good though.
>>
>>78272543
This was Motha's planet right? Not Coruscant?
>>
>>78272526
in the remains of his funeral pyre, apparently. No, really.
>>
>>78272543

....Oh. Well then.
>>
File: MS7g12B.jpg (562KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
MS7g12B.jpg
562KB, 1916x796px
I wanted some capital ships fighting, I know it'll come but I do love me some space fighting
>>
>>78272526

I assumed Snoke had it somehow and gave it to him for dat manipulation

inb4 it's a random helmet and skull just made to look like Vader
>>
>>78272563
No, Mothma's planet is Chandrila, this was apparently Hosnian or something.
>>
>>78272019
All I though when he showed up was about how everyone had been calling it a ANH redux.
>Welp, guess we have our Porkins.
>>
>>78272504
>Is my life a "bad story" written by JJ?
You're a fucking mary sue, anon. And I'm sure the scenery was shit and unmemorable.
>>
>>78272453
Forward time travel is possible in the real world too though. Usually when people say "Time Travel" they mean the ability to go both ways.
>>
>>78272521
is this that dude who looks like a failed clone of The Rock and supports that weird environmentalist/facist mashup group? Jesus Christ anon go back to whenever you came from, I'll take even tumblr over this
>>
>>78272591
I guess things changed in 30 years.
>>
>>78272599
Me and my friend literally killed him Porkins 2.0 when we saw him
>>
>>78272591
Fuck, the First Order blew up Hossin?

I mean seriously, I know the combat there is shit but... fuck. I liked killing Vanu and Tr there with my shotgun.
>>
File: ValleyOfTheDarkLords-EGTF.jpg (885KB, 1200x727px) Image search: [Google]
ValleyOfTheDarkLords-EGTF.jpg
885KB, 1200x727px
>Snoke says it's time for Kylo to finish his training
>Rey is going to begin her training with Luke

My god, Episode 8 is going to show us the contrast in the training of Dark and Light

Hope Kylo trains on Moraband
>>
>>78272589
Kind of weird seeing a location relatively close to you being passed off as an alien planet.

I mean if that's where the first Jedi temple is then it's really cool.
>>
>>78272463
>hatin on Max Rebo

Yeah, he's trying too hard. I mean, the wailing on that flute thingy during Lapti Nek.
>>
I still can't get over of how much of a logistical ball ache it is moving the entire senate and all of the other central government organsiations around every few years.
>>
>>78272638
They really need to rename that Korriban. It's just a better name.
>>
>>78272309
You need some Tenel Ka in your life, bruv.
>>
>>78272638
It will include a Rocky 4 like training montage too.
>>
>>78272638
I would love to see some live action Korriban and the Valley of the Dark Lords. Such good stuff that place is
>>
>>78272641
>Lapti Nek

Don't you mean Jedi Rocks?
>>
So that planet at the end? Lehon?
>>
>>78272688
Nobody knows.
>>
>>78272649

I spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out how they built/maintained Starkiller and gave up before my brain broke
>>
>>78272688
No makes no sense.

First Order are clearly using Rakata Technology now, they would have gone there to get it.

Luke wouldn't be safe hiding on an Imperial World.
>>
>>78272639
Yeah, contrary to other, I like that moment. Rey simply climbing peacefully some remote mount.
Feel very jedi to me. They could have cut the stare contest a little for more scenery but that's ok.
>>
>>78272155
>one clone gets lost and is raised by birdlike aliens
>becomes a bounty hunter eventually

It all makes sense.
>>
>>78272713
It'll probably be an ancient weapon built by whatever Snoke's people are
>>
>>78272739
But Snoke is a Muun
>>
File: gettyimages-501373056_master.jpg (107KB, 360x532px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-501373056_master.jpg
107KB, 360x532px
>>78272276
>I want to see Luke fight again
He looked slimmer at the premier than he did in the robes. I'd like to believe he is working out to get back in fighting shape.
>>
>>78272739
That one First Order officer directly mentions in his speech before firing it that they, as in all the soldiers and personnel in that massive crowd, built it.
>>
>>78272758
No he isn't.
>>
>>78272688
Wasn't Luke trying to find the original world of the Jedi? So Tython if still canon? (and if he actually found it).
>>
>>78272758
There is a source for this, right?
>>
>>78272769
He actually said in a recent interview that he's lost about 80 pounds for the next film.
>>
>>78272723
>First Order are clearly using Rakata Technology now
[citation needed]
>>
File: stormtrooper voices.jpg (200KB, 945x804px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper voices.jpg
200KB, 945x804px
>Kevin Smith, Dee Bradley Baker, and Filoni voiced stormtroopers in the movie

Now go find them
>>
>>78272786
>>78272789
Snoke is Plagueis you silly beans.
>>
>>78272769
He looks so cool and healthy, glad to see he's doing well
>>
>>78272758
There's literally nothing to indicate that and people only think so because they want him to be Plagueis. I mean, I do too. That would be cool as fuck. But I JJ's hatred for everything prequels leads me to think that won't happen.
>>
>>78272806
>Dee Bradley Baker

CLONES CONFIRMED FOR dead
>>
>>78272806

>Kevin Smith

Look for the fat stormtrooper
>>
>>78272806
Who did Matt Lanter voice? Another Stormtrooper or some alien?
>>
>>78272541
You misspelled Force.
>>
>>78272806
Dee Bradley Baker alone could be like 20 of different storm troopers. Hell, he could be random space animals as well. Or certain Chewy noises.
>>
I feel like the Starkiller threw off the pacing of the movie entirely. It's thrown in out of nowhere, immediately fire, immediately they find a way to beat it and then they immediately go attack it. And then it gets destroyed.

Compare that to the Death Star that was shown off in the beginning of the movie and built up as the main threat. Starkiller was just a side-goal thrown in last minute and even the cast treats t that way joking about how it's just a bigger death star. Which was frankly bad writing after it had just wiped out an entire system with billions of lives.
>>
>>78272803
This. It's nice that everyone is going all detective on this and using hte EU, but Disney and JJ clearly don't give a fuck about the EU and would rather create their own canon for stuff. Hence the New Republic capital being some planet that's literally never been discussed ever.
>>
>>78272829
Well there was the one clone that survived in the Corsair story, but I didn't see him on screen at any point.
>>
>>78272834
VOICE, YOU STUPID SFOADIKG. GOD.
>>
>>78272590
I hope not. The weight that was conveyed evey time he set it down made it seem like it wasn't an easily or mass produced thing.
>>
>>78272895
Guidebook scans claim it's the real deal.
>>
>>78272855
Yeah, it was pretty shitty and unnecessary.
>>
>>78272775
> "We, the First Order, thanks to the hard work of valiant men like you, have finally succeeded! We finally dusted this ancient Rakata weapon we stumbled upon!"
Less inspirational...
>>
>>78272855
If you weren't sufficiently terrified of the thing after its first shot, I don't know what to tell you.

As for it being destroyed so quickly, that was kinda the point. Do you really want a complete rehashing of Episode IV?
>>
>>78272526
Considering how the First Order seems to be made up of diehard fanatics out to rebuild and avenge the Empire, I think it stands to reason that they went back to Endor at some point to exterminate the Ewoks and either Kylo Ren or Snoke found it there where Luke left it.
>>
>>78272881

it's a joke because Smith has been joking forever about how you know he'll get in a star wars movie because there'll be a fat stormtrooper
>>
The force was far too OP in this movie—like aggressively overpowered.
>>
>>78272905
Anons spoiler, you mean?
>>
>>78272806
I don't even remember that many stormtroopers talking.
>>
>>78272881
>This post
Sometimes I think everyone's right and /co/ really is the dumbest board.
>>
>>78272448
So are the ways of the force...

But honestly, you know, that's how hero journey movies work. Everyone gets together in a gigantic loop of causality and go in an adventure.
>>
>>78272930
Should it be passively OP?
>>
>>78272948
Their voice thing on the helmets made it hard to hear most of the time.
>>
>>78272928

Oh. Heh, now that's funny.
>>
>>78269034
He reminds me of Azog with that fucked-up face.

Do we know what species he is?
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (592KB, 720x855px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
592KB, 720x855px
Why does he wear the mask?

I'm not even meme-ing, that's a legitimate question.
>>
>>78272930
True, but in the EU that's how it was. You have to remember that in the thousand years the Republic stood, the Jedi Order became increasingly complacent and eventually lost the types of abilities literally every Jedi could do in the Old Republic era. By the time Sheev took over, Force users were probably at the weakest they've been since the Jedi order began.

If the Force is reawakening now, it would make sense that it would be unbelievably powerful once again.
>>
>>78272441
Masked Kylo was the highlight of the movie for me, his modulated voice is so satisfyingly booming. He also feels like an entirely different character when he's unmasked, I love it.
>>
>>78272526

There was a lot of that desu. Like Luke at the end is a fine cliff hanger. It's just like Han in carbonite.

But there's so much that they didn't answer that they should have that left way too many questions. Who is Maz? Why does she have Anakin's lightsaber? Where did they get it? Who is Rey? Where did the First Order come from? Who is Phasma? Everything about the state of the galaxy after RotJ.

It just doesn't feel like it works as a sequel.

ANH tells you everything you need to know by the end and as a companion piece to RotS it still works. Whether it's standalone or watched after Ep. III, ANH doesn't leave the viewer confused and with tons of questions. It just leaves them wanting more.
>>
>>78272986
>Do we know what species he is?
No. His entire character is a mystery. We'll probably learn more in Episode 8

>>78272992
Homage to Vader, and having head gear in combat is pretty practical.
>>
>>78272930
I don't think so, I think it's just Kylo Ren has an outrageous amount of raw power. No focus and very lacking in training, but his ability is something no other Sith or Jedi that we know about has ever done before, and it's obviously meant to be taken that he's special. Rey has the force, and obviously also strong in it, but didn't do anything that Luke and Obi-Wan couldn't.
>>
>>78272992
Because he wants to be like Vader- senpai
>>
>>78272992
Why'd Revan wear his?
>>
>>78272992
He literally wants to be Darth Vader. It's cool and intimidating. Who wouldn't want that?
>>
>>78272992
He gets bullied if he doesn't
>>
>>78273033
He got it from a Mando he killed.
>>
>>78269152
I expected one of them to say SOMETHING
>>
>>78272441
/tv/ is shit, more at 11.
>>
>>78272922

The fact that it was destroyed right away is what made it a rehash of ANH. The weakness is even some stupid significant part that they just need to fly in and shoot.

A better approach would be to let it live to Ep. VIII. Or even just tease it and make it not finished yet.
>>
File: star-wars-poe-finn-155789.png (341KB, 655x334px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-poe-finn-155789.png
341KB, 655x334px
I want Finn and Poe to be a couple
>>
>>78272925

I thought the First Order were all brainwashed kids stolen from families.
>>
>>78272992
>Fuck yeah. I'm gonna look like Grandpa with this.
>Don't you think so, Grandpa? Don't I look like you?
>Vader's melted mask remains motionless and silent.
>Fuck yeah. I'm so gonna look like Grandpa with this!
>>
>>78273079

I can't decide if I like Finn/Poe or Finn/Rey as a couple more.
>>
>>78273079
Oscar Isaac is such a beautiful man
>>
Does anyone want "ancient evils" in Star Wars i.e. something more than politics?
>>
>>78273079
faggot. Can't a bromance just be a bromance nowadays?
>>
>>78273079
>expect an uneasy "I don't trust you but I'll put up with you and won't like it" relationship between them
>They're actually instant bros

That was nice
>>
>>78271931
>>78271952
>>78271998
I think that the real reason they went with the disarmament+cold war scenario is because they realized that writing thirty years of open warfare between the Empire and the New Republic would basically mean writing again the whole post-ROTJ EU.

Except that where in the EU by 25ABY the NR had gradually worn the Empire down to a mere remnant of about twenty systems i.e. progress, if they tried this in canon they would have to be writing a constant thirty year back and forth stalemate if they want the Empire or its splinters to remain a major threat in TFA. Not very interesting to write.

So instead they just handwave it all away with "both sides agreed to leave each other alone and there's only been low level insurgencies since then", that way they can justify not much happening in the thirty year interregnum.
>>
>>78273079
I was disappointed by how little Poe was in the movie. I was hoping for a trio dynamic but I don't think he even interacted with Rey once.
>>
Luke's planet was eeeeh.
>>
>>78272930

I think that's just Kylo. He's the most emotive dark sider we've ever had and as we know the dark side is fueled by your emotions. Plus he was trained by Luke who wasn't restricted by the Jedi Code. The old Jedi Order would have probably frowned on freezing somebody's body in place or furthering mind tricks into mind reading. But the first time Luke froze somebody he was probably like "Holy shit Ben get over here look what I just did!"
>>
>>78273117
It'll still be a bromance. It will just include Poe pounding Finn up the ass
>>
So next movie is gonna be a Finn/Poe brodown while Rey trains right?
>>
>>78272806
Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey mind tricked, too.
>>
>>78273151
In the EU, at least, Luke realized how close he was skirting to the dark side when using the Force to overtly grab and twist others' minds to bend them to his will beyond a simple mind trick. Domination is of the dark side or whatever.
>>
File: 1450143988199.jpg (90KB, 810x471px) Image search: [Google]
1450143988199.jpg
90KB, 810x471px
>>78272806
>>
>>78273120
Yeah, they had a really fun dynamic. The rest of the trilogy definitely needs a lot more of that.
>>
>>78269282
He might have trained other people while he was buggering around out in uncharted territories. DIdn't they say he was looking for the first Jedi temple?
>>
Old news but how do you all feel about the next two directors. I'm worried about Trevorrow because Jurassic World wasn't that good. He isn't what I want the potential last main star wars film to be directed by.
>>
>>78273171
I'm assuming so. Probably get sent on a secret mission of some kind.

I'm hoping it involves whatever Benicio is supposed to be playing. He says he's "sort of a villain" which makes me believe he might be a criminal, bounty hunter or mercenary.

I want to believe he's descended from one of the last Clone Troopers
>>
>>78273213
M'filoni
>>
>>78273099
Only the Stormtroopers, or at least some of them, as far as I know.
>>
>>78269389
That chick that works for Leia in the Princess Leia comics.
>>
>>78273072
Disagree 100%. It was a nice homage to Episode VIII, but they definitely should not have dragged it out to another movie. I don't know why you'd want two whole movies to do the fucking Episode IV story.
>>
>>78273220
I'm just worried that they'll discard everything JJ set up, and completely throw out the practical effects for the next movie.
>>
>>78273220
>the potential last main star wars film
ahahahahahahaha
>>
>>78272992
"I ain't your son, he's dead, I killed him, I'm different now, I'm changed, ain't me dude, I destroyed Ben, I'm Kylo now and I'm gonna be a sith lord like my grandfather"

It's half vader worship, half trying to distance himself from his past and literally mask the internal conflict between light and dark.
>>
>>78272441

Completely retarded considering all the Sith sans Dooku were pretty generic edgelord by comparison. Maul was just angry guy. Asajj was just angry girl. Sidious was literally maniacal laughing evil for evil's sake. And Vader turns into a baby killer and then becomes an emotionless robot for the rest of the series killing anybody who fails.

Kylo by comparison to them all was a huge breath of fresh air and was the first dark sider we've seen who felt frightening to me because he was so unpredictable. The fact that nobody could tell whether he was rusing Han or legitimately struggling says it all. And the way he'd lash out when angry made him terrifying for example when Rey fights back against his mind reading and delves into his mind I had no idea how he'd react. He could easily be spooked like he was an run away or he could have fucking lost it and thrown a tantrum attacking Rey.
>>
>>78273266
That would be jarring as fuck, but it seems like Rogue One will be keeping with the same style of filmmaking.
>>
>>78273266
I think Trevarrow would be more likely to do that than Rian.

Hope he doesn't though
>>
>>78273128
But they ARE writing books that take place in between, aren't they?
>>
>>78273220
I liked both Looper and Jurassic World, though I have to be honest, I really just wish Abrams were directing them all. I don't care what anyone says, he's one of my favorite directors and hasn't made a bad movie. The Force Awakens was fantastic and the amount of love and care he clearly put into making it is a big part of that. I just can't picture Rian Johnson or Colin Trevorrow doing Star Wars in the same way or in a way that keeps with the rest of the films in general and that worries me.
>>
>>78273311
I imagine he'll be in close contact with Rian and J.J. so hopefully they'll keep him from making it shit.
>>
>>78272803
Fucking DRAINING A STAR WITH THE SAME VFX AS STAR FORGE.

That is how.
>>
How would you feel about a remake of the Jedi Academy Trilogy novels, but not written by KJA, and everyone dies at the end instead of in the Yuuzhan Vong war?
>>
>>78269769
I love that Kylo is portrayed as a tempermental edgelord who can't deal with the fact he'll never compare to Darth Vader.
>>
>Didn't really give a fuck about this movie.
>Decided that I'm just going to download it later on.
>Read this thread, now I wanna go and see it in theaters.

Fuck you cunts.
This movie was supposed to be a mix of an sweating ape looking actor and stupid hilted sabers, not something that turns out to be even remotely decent.
>>
File: 1450422215781.jpg (280KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450422215781.jpg
280KB, 900x1200px
>>78272860
>>78272803
This is the canon map of Ep-7

Note a planet name?

>Rakata Prime

>Star Killer powers itself by draining the energy of a star
>>
>>78273265

Because it wasn't a nice homage. It was completely shoehorned in at the last second and looked like a joke with as quickly as it was destroyed.
>>
>>78273241
>
F'loni
>>
>>78273399
Are Bespin and Hoth in the same system?
>>
>>78273204

But that's the EU. I mean canon Luke walks into Jabba's palace and force chokes two guards then threatens Jabba's life and tries to put a hole through his domepiece.
>>
>>78273399
And it could just as easily be the planet where Luke is at. It's roughly the same distance from the core that Luke's location was on the map, and is also a water world.
>>
File: OhKylo.jpg (773KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
OhKylo.jpg
773KB, 1275x1650px
I want a sitcom with Awkward Kylo.
>>
>>78273399
I hope they release a full map eventually

>No Mustafar
>>
I wonder if Filoni liked TFA?
>>
>>78273434
Yes. That's why the Falcon was able to get from Hoth to Bespin without a functioning hyperdrive.
>>
>>78273434
No, But very close.
>>
>>78273434
Anoat Sector
>>
>>78273524
No they aren't. There's a system in between them, even.
>>
>>78273399
>Moraband
>>
>>78273524
Didn't it take them week/months to get from Hoth to Bespin?
At least in the EU.
>>
>>78273389
it only ever looked like something other than an amazing movie if your only source of information is /tv/ shitposters
>>
>>78273399
Wasn't Kuat in the same system than Coruscant?
>>
>>78273389
Is not your fault, who in his right mind would have believed that JJ would actually delivered?

But he delivered.
>>
>>78273573
Lucas wanted to wipe away the Sith race as much as he could.

And he thought the name was cooler.
>>
>>78273520
Wasn't he involved in it somewhat?
>>
>>78270458
Applause and cheering for about 30 seconds every time something from the OT showed up. I'm going to go see it again this week so I can hear the rest of the fucking dialogue.
>>
>>78273399
If only it had Manaan it'd have every location from KOTOR other than Taris.
>>
>>78273399
Wasn't the resistance headquarters on Ilenium or something like that?
>>
>>78272189
I was so relieved when Giant Snoke turned out to be just a hologram
>>
>>78273636
Malachor V when?
>>
>>78273636
At least we know Taris is canon still. It was mentioned in Tarkin I think.
>>
>>78270293

was he programmed to turn on after Han died?

Maybe Luke knew Han was secretly a sith
>>
>>78273623
See
>>78272806

Other than that he could have helped piece the plot together or something similar
>>
>>78273694
Me too, it felt like I was watching LOTR. I didn't like it.
>>78273712
Malachor was mentioned in the visual dictionary. I think it's said thats where designs for Kylos crossguard saber came from.
>>
>>78273714
Taris has been mentioned in a few of the other new canon books and comics too. I'm fine with never going back there though, because honestly, Malak had the right idea.
>>
>>78273742
It said the crystals for his sword came from there.
>>
Not really sure how I feel about the movie but I think it will be more well received after VIII and IX. There was just so much set up and left unanswered that it's kinda hard to not be disappointed that Kylo's identity is literally all they answered and we have to wait at least two years for more answers.
>>
>inb4 Leia is arrested for warcrimes in Episode 8 because the New Republic are a bunch of babies
>>
File: 20151218_173030 (Medium).jpg (181KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
20151218_173030 (Medium).jpg
181KB, 1365x768px
Who Infinity here?
>>
>>78273742
Not only just Malachor but "The Great Scourge of Malachor" alluding to some kind of an ancient cataclysm just like what happened to the planet in KOTOR2
>>
>>78273773
>Don't even have the new playset

The lack of a Hera figure angers me.
>>
>>78273769
Only a year and a half wait

Must've sucked for anyone walking out of Empire back in 1980 and having to wait 3 years to find out if Vader is lying, is Han Solo dead, and who was the other that Yoda was referring to.
>>
>>78273773
>Lightning Mcqueen
>>
>>78273770
I swear to god if we get a scene of Mon Mothma being a holier than thou, preachy bitch about MUH DEMOCRACY and lecturing Leia about military force, I'm going to join the First Order myself.
>>
She's my Resistance-fu.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/jess-pava
>>
>>78273821
>Hera

Complain loud enough and she might make it for 4.0 or 5.0.
>>
>>78269043
The only people that like this new movie are literally posters from /co/ and /v/

Just look at their hilarious attempts at reviewing it
>da lights and plot was gud
>>
>>78273854
Pretty sure she's Poe's waifu.
>>
Why is /co/ capable of talking about this movie, acknowledging its flaws but still enjoy it, whereas /tv/ can't say anything about it other than "It was absolute shit!"?
>>
>>78273851
Mon Mothma was the first New Republic leader post Endor and in TFA she isn't anymore so I assume she's left politics.

>>78273860
I wonder what license 4.0 will feature.
Maybe Muppets?

And now I know why there was no Phasma figure.
>>
>>78273832

We know Han is dead though and did anybody actually think Vader was lying? It was set up pretty clearly.

That's what I mean like Empire had a cliff hanger but not really questions. Luke is a good cliff hanger. But literally telling us nothing about anything going on is poor storytelling. We don't even know where the First Order came from or why the Republic isn't helping.
>>
>>78273905
>I wonder what license 4.0 will feature.
>Maybe Muppets?

Good lord I hope not. 4.0 should be about expanding.
>>
>Temmin “Snap” Wexley is a pilot in Blue Squadron known as the best recon flier in the Resistance’s Starfighter Corps. Snap grew up on the Outer Rim world of Akiva, the son of a rebel Y-wing pilot who flew in the Battle of Endor. His recon flight of Starkiller Base helps the Resistance come up with a plan to destroy the First Order superweapon
>>
>>78273867
Go back to /tv/
>>
>>78273918

Meant we know Han ISN'T dead at that point. Lando confirms it
>>
>>78273905
Maybe she's dead then. She would be pretty ancient since she was a senator in the prequel era and she's only human so it's probably the case.
>>
Am I the only one that smiled when these two were reunited?
>>
>>78273918
>We know Han is dead though
I think he meant when Han was frozen at the end of Empire.

But even then Lando says he was alive before he was shipped off to Jabba.

>>78273935
I agree.
Give me some Lion King, Hercules, ANY Disney playset.

Honestly 4.0 needs to be the last game and they should just keep releasing playsets on a regular basis.
>>
>>78273938
I hope he gets shot down.
>>
>>78273950
She looked to be in her 40's in Jedi if she's alive she'd be 70-80.
>>
>>78273867
Are you implying /tv/ is any better at reviewing film?
>>
>>78273961
No, it was nice even if it wasn't entirely earned since they had very little screentime together and Poe vanished from the film after the crash. Kind of feels like they might have cut some of his scenes because it really doesn't make sense what happened to him on Jakku.
>>
>>78273938
I'm glad that the books actually matter to the movie. Even if it's minor things like this.

Now I just hope that Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree make an appearance.
>>
>>78273893
Because /tv/ is nothing but a meme board full of boring, footfag pedos. You can't have a discussion there
>>
>>78273938
I hated Aftermath, it's a shit book, but I genuinely love that this bit of continuity exists. At least makes it feel like it wasn't entirely worthless.
>>
RIP Riot stormtrooper, I bet he's in Heaven with that one stromtrooper who kicked Kanan's ass
>>
>>78274039
Thane is mentioned in the Dictionary because of the scout mission he did to D'Qar.
>>
>>78274039
Agree wholeheartedly, I would love to see those characters get a nod or some kind of cameo in the films. Same goes for Hazram Namir from Twilight Company since that and Lost Stars are the only good books out right now and he's a really cool character.
>>
>>78274049
It's just depressing. Not like /co/ is some magical place, but most places on the internet right now are basically just jerking off to JJ's face, and the only real alternative is /tv/ where they're pretending like he ruined the franchise more than Lucas.
>>
>>78274067
He recieved a pat on his head from Phasma in the afterlife. He's happy.
>>
>>78274094
SHE CARRIED HIM TO THE GATES OF VALHALLA, SHINY AND CHROME!
>>
>>78274094
>implying Phasma is done jobbing
>>
File: Thrawn.jpg (64KB, 416x467px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.jpg
64KB, 416x467px
What I would give to see this motherfucker in episode VIII.
Even if it's just a scene or one throwaway line. Just make him canon, JJ.
>>
>>78273520
It doesn't matter. He can put things right in cartoons. Film directors will come and go, like governments. Filoni remains, like the civil service.
>>
>>78274126
You mean Rian. Or Trevarrow.
>>
>>78274126
It's not on J.J. anymore. Sadly, in my opinion. I really hope they don't fuck it up without his input and vision. I don't trust Kathleen "Star Wars is only for women now" Kennedy for shit and the other two directors might not be quite up to the task.
>>
>>78274166
Yeah, whoever makes decisions.
>>
>>78274191
>Kathleen "Star Wars is only for women now" Kennedy
Literally never said that
>>
>>78271496
>I don't want to have to rely on extra books to get the information

Well, I kind of guessed something around those lines. I thought First order was someway a legal regime that rules a certain part of the galaxy and that's why Republic doesn't confront them openly-

So its not really needed to read extra material to get it. I understand you can miss it if you are paying attention to other things, but is not that it requires special explanation either.
>>
>>78274126
I would LOVE to see his corpse.

Or there to be some throwaway line with Leia like "Remember that Thrawn guy that tried to revive the Empire just before we wiped it out?"
"What an idiot"
>>
>>78274216
What the fuck kind of god awful trash opinion shitpost is this?
>>
>>78274242
The EU is dead and Thrawn should remain dead.
>>
>>78274211
You better believe it's what she meant by what she did say.
>>
>>78274268
>majority of the cast is still male
>>
>>78269405
It's because JJ doesn't have George's ear

George and Williams was a match made in the Cosmic Force
>>
>>78274268
>only female villain in the movie dies and the only one likely to get redempted is a dude too

yeah sure
>>
>>78274242
Probably just some faggot that doesn't realize he's just as bad as some EU fags about being autistic for 'his canon' and doesn't realize there's good shit in both the new canon and the EU.
>>
This might've been said before but anyone else notice some similarities between TFA and Akira? I mean, Luke was basically the Akira here, and there were some similarities between Kylo and Tetsuo, and maybe Finn/Rey and Kaneda.

I remember some comparisons being made early on when the spoilers were first starting to leak a while back, and I definitely got that vibe when I saw it.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>78269405
I've listened to the OST a bunch today, and it's definitely lacking iconic themes like all of his other Star Wars soundtracks, but it's still good. Torn Apart is my personal favorite track, it's very good and reminiscent of "Anakin's Dark Deeds" while also feeling different and new. I really hope he does the rest of the trilogy though, he's still the best there is and I believe he still has at least one more "Imperial March" tier piece left in him.
>>
TFW you realize Daniel Craig was the stormtrooper that Rey mind tricked

"I'm going to drop this blaster."
>>
>>78274309
Phasma isn't dead. She got put in the trash compactor, but you just know she escaped. Way too cool and underused not to come back.
>>
File: 1450469148925.gif (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450469148925.gif
107KB, 300x300px
You wanna fight?
>>
>>78274414
They're probably gonna do a Phasma Origin comic where it's revealed she's a mandalorian
>>
>>78274442
That's a good trick, what do you call it?
>>
>>78274443
Boba Fett after a sex change
>>
>>78272056
His bullshit Jedi gambit from Bombad Jedi was pretty great
>>
> Rey and Finn getting their ass whooped in the forest
> cut to R2 waking up
> cut back to Kylo about to deliver death blow
> green lightsaber blocks it at the last second

I was waiting for it the entire time.
>>
>>78274473
You jest, but what if it's his daughter?
>>
>>78274443
Don't even joke about that

I do hope she's a bounty hunter though
>>
>>78274497
Isn't Christie almost 40?
>>
>>78274522
yeah, and there was 32 years between Jedi and Force, so Boba could totally have a little Phasma tyke running about on the Slave I

not that I personally think the theory has much credence, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>78274489
Yeah, I was actually expecting Luke to show up and save them too. I like that he didn't though, because it made the fight more intense and exciting and gave Kylo Ren more depth as a villain that he wasn't just outright beating them and was actually kind of sloppy. They easily could have just gone the route of "he's way too powerful for us right now, we have to retreat" but he lost that fight because he's nowhere near what he thinks of himself as being and only powerful because of raw force talent rather than skill and training.
>>
>>78274522
>>78274584
And Christie clearly isn't a Kiwi
>>
what was that dust that turned into instant bread or a muffin that Rey had?

I want that.
>>
>>78274489
>>78274607
I was actually expecting a green lightsaber to stop Rey from killing Kylo.
>>
>>78274489
So hold on a minute. That was the very moment R2 ended up processing all his memory? So R2 trusted in the force that he would finish in time for Rey to get to him? Does this mean R2 actually trusted in the Force and knew it would guide him and Rey's destiny and end his processing right as she can find Luke again?

Does this seem cool as fuck to anyone else? That R2 just trusted the force knowing that he can't possibly ever manipulate it like the Jedi? Something about this is so beautiful, like an AI that worships god or something.
>>
>>78274642

Sadly not as cool. He woke up as soon as Rey showed up so it's likely he woke up because Luke programmed him to respond to her.
>>
>>78274584
Could very well be the result of some one night stand Boba didn't even remember, too. The theory doesn't really require Boba knowing he had a child, let alone raising her.

I don't like it much though, and it'd be a rehash of Boba's CW arc at best, anyway.
>>
>>78274689
Oh that's gay. I thought you meant he woke up around the time she showed up, but not possibly as a result of seeing her.
>>
>>78274624
You can buy shit like that. It's terrible though. I mean, it's fucking dehydrated powder that you mix with water, so you can pretty much guess at the flavor quality going in. It's the kind of thing they put in military survival rations. Doesn't fluff up that instantly though.
>>
>>78274489
why was Kylo hitting his chest? was he trying to keep from bleeding out or something
>>
>>78274689
Maybe not. See >>78271513

Pretty much sounds like he finished sorting through his memories at that moment.
>>
>>78274689
Or he woke up when someone strong with the force came near

>>78274759
He was probably in a lot of pain and was trying to numb it by hitting the wound
>>
>>78274759
I think he was hurting himself so he could draw on the Dark Side more.
>>
>>78274759
That and probably psyching himself up after realizing Rey can actually go toe to toe with him
>>
>High ranking resistance fighter gives qt droid mascot data vital to the rebellions success
>Droid winds up in the hands of desert planet native
>Leads to native getting involved with resistance
>Ends up with wisened old mentor
>Mentor takes native to seedy cantina
>Interrupted by stormtroopers
>Bad guys have a planet destroying weapon
>Good guys find out tiny specific weakness they can exploit with their X-Wings
>Han, Protag and Chewie are one the planet destroying weapon to save the girl
>Bad guy kills the old mentor as everyone is escaping

I know Star Wars is pottery but this was damn near a remake.
>>
>>78274759
He was using the pain to fuel his rage and kick up his adrenaline.
>>
Dear Krampus

All I want for XMAS is a cam rip

I wuz not naughty, only a little lewd

KTHANKS
>>
>>78274759

He was pissed that he's not fully trained and losing to two non-sith lords right now. Plus he was shot, so he was mad he even had the wound in the first place. Crazy people usually hit themselves when they are really upset.
>>
new thread
>>78274518
>>78274518
>>78274518
>>
I was really sad that Max von Sydow was only in this for literally 3 minutes. Such a waste, he would have made a great villain or a wise old Jedi working with Luke or the Resistance. Anything more really.
>>
>>78274827
I loved that bit. Darth Vader did shit like that in Lords of the Sith to sharpen his power.
>>
>>78274826
>Antagonists doing bad things.
>Protagonists try to stop them.
>Things climax.
>The protagonists eventually succeed in their efforts.

Damn near a thousand remakes.
Thread posts: 833
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.