[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 639
Thread images: 40

File: tumblr_m0k01g9orZ1qi7zkco1_500.gif (499KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0k01g9orZ1qi7zkco1_500.gif
499KB, 500x235px
'It did' edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
first for Chewie has had a hard life
>>
It was a good movie.
>>
Poe is my new husbando and waifu
>>
>>78263875

Except it didn't.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6291092

Here's the poll, feel free to vote if you ain't done so already.
>>
Friendly reminder that Disney tried to fuck Quentin for this garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pd6yO-jBRo
>>
>>78263901

Do I talk first? or do you talk first? How does this work?

Pos is basically Jaime Lannister: chill and be around for a bit until you get to be AWESOME and tons of character development later.
>>
Is there a legit camrip out yet?
I need to watch it again.
>>
>>78263875
The movie didn't suck. It was a really solid action movie.

If it had less jokes and 0 death stars it would've been much better, sure. But it didn't in any way "suck".
>>
File: 1362245561400.png (71KB, 275x296px) Image search: [Google]
1362245561400.png
71KB, 275x296px
>>78263896
Let me guess....and it was a good friend?
>>
OUT OF 10 RATE NOW
>>
File: big ben kenobi.gif (694KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
big ben kenobi.gif
694KB, 400x362px
>>78263927
You know it senpai
>>
are these threads usually Star Wars General or is that just because of the movie?
>>
>>78263926
They thought if they made the pacing really fast, we wouldn't notice the characters weren't characters.
>>
>>78263933

Yes.
>>
>>78263928
A-
>>
>>78263933

i dont see why not
>>
>>78263933
It's always been a star wars general under the name of rebels
>>
>>78263938

Who's "we"?
>>
>>78263928
6/10
>>
>>78263928

A+
>>
>>78263933
There's always a general here, but they're named after the Rebels tv show to keep out /tv/. It doesn't work.
>>
>>78263938
Yes. But if they'd slowed down the pacing (by removing the death star and some of the jokes) then it would have let them develop the characters more fully.

That's why it's only a good movie and not an excellent one.
>>
>>78263914
Hateful Eight looks like shit anyway
>>
>>78263928
8/10
>>
>>78263955
Intelligent people.
>>
>>78263926
Honestly, I loved the jokes and banter

They will always be a part of Star Wars

>>78263928
I liked it/10
>>
File: 0698744545.png (1MB, 774x1166px) Image search: [Google]
0698744545.png
1MB, 774x1166px
>>78263925
>Don't you want to see me on the big screen again, anon?
>>
>>78263928
7.5/10
>>
>>78263968
I didn't think it was good. I didn't like any of it except for Han Solo.

Seriously, there was no reason for everything to move that fast. That's just bad storytelling.
>>
>>78263928
7.6/10
>>
>>78263984

she wore the same clothes through the whole movie, I'm surprise no one tried to touch her boobs
>>
>>78263928
8/10
>>
>>78263977
Sure, I do too. But at times it took me out of the emotion of the scene - for example, the way that Rey exploring her force powers with the mind trick was played for a laugh, or the stormtroopers reaction when Kylo threw a tantrum. Or the whole han solo with a bowcaster gag.

All were unnecessary and actually detracted from the seriousness of the moment.
>>
>>78263984
I want to _hug her so fucking bad.

But I've seen the movie twice. I just want a camrip so I can watch certain scenes again.
>>
File: oim laffin.jpg (131KB, 545x560px) Image search: [Google]
oim laffin.jpg
131KB, 545x560px
>He bought Phasma merchandise
>>
>>78263928
9/10
>>
>>78263928

8/10

Worst things: Plot ripped off from ANH, lame villians.

Best things: It was extremely fun. I enjoyed in one way or the other every second of it.
>>
>>78264004

No, those were great. They absolutely made the film more memorable and less dour.
>>
I did not expect the humor would shot up the quality of the movie in my eyes.

Past Empire and Return for me. (I think ANH simply is to hard to beat. It just gets everything perfectly)

Characters
Action (Special call out to cockpit scenes)
humor
lightsaber duel

My only two complaints. DS3 should have been saved for another movie, even if you simply show it but dont see it do anything in this movie) and politics of the galaxy was a little confusing.

Easily the best action of the movies. The untrained lightsaber users were a massive delight. The fun nature and humor. Poe/Finn Bromance. Also getting the twist out of the way early on and not copying Empire with its presentation of the twist was a huge plus.

9/10 For me.
>>
>>78263928
9/10
>>
>>78264028
>Kylo
>lame

Shit taste.
>>
>>78264041
>Kylo
>not a bad Anakin impression with an ugly actor
>>
Snoke was the worst thing I think about this movie. I get that my opinion may change once the other films are out, but I just felt like I was watching Thanos in the Avengers.
>>
>>78263928
10/10, finally a REAL Star Wars movie after so many years
>>
>>78264000
As if Kylo totally didn't while he watched her on his ship.
>>
File: Kylo spin trick.gif (1MB, 540x252px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo spin trick.gif
1MB, 540x252px
I loved the entire final lightsaber fight.

It was beautifully done, and had plenty of poetry at the end to boot.
>>
>>78264052
At least Snoke looked legitimately spooky, Thanos just looks goofy and cartoon-y. I don't understand how casuals who haven't read stories with him can legitimately take seriously/enjoy the Thanos scenes.
>>
>>78264051
But he was better than the real Anakin and an actually well written villain.
>>
I hope Rey builds her own lightsaber that's either a double bladed blue lightsaber or a blue lightsaber with a Kylo style crossguard.
>>
I am SO BUTTHURT about Phasma. I was ready for some amazing fight with her. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. FUCK YOU.

She better be totally amazing and wizard in the next movie.
>>
>>78264070
>legitimately spooky,

He was the Pale Orc in a big chair. He wasn't spooky.
>>
>>78264052
Palpy didn't exactly shine in his first appearance in ESB either.

I'm sure Snoke will have his moments.
>>
>>78264077
Double bladed yellow lightsaber for Rey please.
>>
>>78264070
Plus Snoke will almost definately be in 8 and 9 and his presence here wasn't forced. Thanos showed up at the end of the Avengers, again in GOTG two years later, in AOU the next year saying "I'll do it myself", and now won't show up again for another couple years. Marvel won't know what to build up to once they use him.
>>
On Jakku, a young woman who calls herself REY struggles to live in an isolation necessary for her own survival.
From 'Before the Awakening' novel.

What could this mean?
>>
>go into the movie worried it'll just be ANH all over again with the resistance vs the empire
>the republic is an actual thing and a factor in the galaxy
>it gets blown up like nothing
>mfw the setting is now the exact same as ANH except everyone is older and or dead

>>78264070
>At least Snoke looked legitimately spooky
He was the inquisitor mixed with voldemort dude.
>>
>>78264078
>Implying she'll come back.

I hope so. I really really hope so.
>>
>>78264088
>Thanos showed up at the end of the Avengers, again in GOTG two years later, in AOU the next year saying "I'll do it myself", and now won't show up again for another couple years.

>I'LL COMPLETE HIS TRAINING
>see you in 2018
>>
>>78264097

Same.

Actress is on record saying she's returning.
>>
>>78264093
Luke placed her there after Kylo went crazy to protect his daughter. He used the force memory wipe thing like they did to Revan to make her forget. That's why R2 activates because he knows who she is and has been programmed to reactivate when she returns.
>>
>>78264070
>At least Snoke looked legitimately spooky

Maybe if you're five years old and have never seen a recent film before.
>>
Question about Han/Kylo scene

Based off the way he acted differently without the helmet, and even talked. Was Han actually reaching through to Ben and Ben wanted to be redeemed (trapped in his own mind), or was he putting on a show and Ben is truly dead.
>>
>>78264109
Who cares?
>>
>>78264077
I dunno. Right now it feels like she'd end up with a naginata-style saber considering she fights best with a staff. She was even handling the saber like one.
>>
>>78264041
But he was lame. The entire point of him was to be this lame bitch ass wannabe edgelord who so desperately wants to be awesome.
>>
>>78264109
That's the million credit question Anon.

Personally I think he was being legit and does want to be redeemed. Although I'm going to need to learn more about his fall to come to any kind of concrete conclusion
>>
>>78264095

That was stupid. At first I was OH MY GOD CORUSCANT GOT REKT

Then they say it was a random system we have never heard of. I don't care if it was the capital of the New Republic or anything, it was stupid.

I hope that in the next movie they take at least two lines of dialogue to explain what's going on with the Republic/Resistance/First Order thing. We went from SPACE TAXES on the PT to this.
>>
>>78263928
9.5/10

Had flaws, but I was truly in awe most of the movie. The Starkiller was legitimately terrifying to watch in action and Kylo was a good bridge between angsty teen Anakin and intimidating Darth Vader.

Sound track was shit though. Is this the end for Williams, /co/mrades?
>>
>>78264097
I think she's in the trash compactor. I'm sure a novel or comic will say she got out just like Boba did in the sarlac, proving again she's a clone of a clone.
>>
Ahhhhhh it was fucking awesome! I'm seeing two more time tomorrow so I'll see if the jokes hold up. If you can't enjoy this then you don't like star wars sorry senpai.
>>
>>78263966
Considering /tv/ has done nothing but claim this movie is the worst thing they've seen since the last big release and this thread has at least said it was a good film, I'd say it works alright.
>>
>>78264128
Yeah the fact they pan out to some people/place the audience have literally never seen before and act like the audience is supposed to care they're getting reamed was kinda dumb.
>>
>>78263928

positives off the top of my head:

+villains felt threatening, their first scene is literally shooting down a village.

+pacing felt good, at least to me, considering all the info they need to update the audience on, and they left me wanting to know more.

+ relateable characters, nothing like the prequels.

+ the fights where really entertaining, blasters felt lethal.

+ hints at EU inspirations

+ they started a romance between Rey and Finn without them actually kissing, meaning a relationship that will develop more naturally than we've seen before

+ felt like star wars

+ felt realistic

+ Han Solo's death was predictable but still heartbreaking.

Negatives

- Kylo Ren is played by the ape people where complaining about, can't believe he is the child of Han and Leia

- they never explained how they recovered Luke's lightsaber, I thought they would open with that.

- R2 was not involved and for some reason he knew the right time to re-awaken

- the big first order weapon should have lasted another movie, for a change of pace.

- Captain Phasma did nothing. We didn't even see her without the helmet.

- Poe was obviously gay.

Things other people dislike but I didn't:

> its just ANH again

it is, but they made it better, and unless the next movie is Empire strikes back again, it will stand as a renewed star wars for new audiences.
>>
File: G-Near-to-final-concept.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
G-Near-to-final-concept.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>78264119
>>
>>78264140
Its a great film. Its not going to be the best moment of your life but its fantastic entertainment.
>>
>>78264128
I assume that a lot if going to be revealed in "New Republic: Bloodline" next year.
>>
>>78264109

He never implied he wanted to be redeemed. Han simply misunderstood what he meant by "Will you help me?" Han reaching out and the literal light from the star being squandered (Bravo, JJ) was just Kylo trying to decide what to do.
>>
>>78264152
>Poe was obviously gay
>>/pol/
>>
>>78264109
A little bit of both. Seems like the poor guy really wants to be super cool and evil, but the lame light side keeps nagging at him. You can see in his very human eyes as he gets teary, that it might be all an act, sure, but it can also be a cry for help at the same time. He doesn't need to twirl his mustache or slid his hands over each other while he says all this. He's pretty set on his course of action at this point. But that doesn't mean he didn't have a second of doubt.

It's going to be very interesting how they play out his past in the next movie. What made him hate Han so much.

mfw when Han yells out BEN! and I'm like...OH SHIT YOU NAMED HIM BEEEEEEEEEEEEN.
>>
>>78264150

Not gonna lie, I thought it was Coruscant at first and I got really interested, like shit just got real. It was dissapointing when they said "oh it's the whatever system".
>>
>>78264123
I also am hoping he was legit.
>>
>>78264085
I'm hoping we see other lightsaber colors in general.
>>
>>78264128
My heart sank and I was thinking "Jesus Christ, JJ's an absolute madman", thinking it was Coruscant as well.

Why wouldn't Coruscant be the capital of the New Republic, anyway? It's the fucking human homeworld, after all.
>>
>>78264128
Oh, it wasn't coruscant? I guess I missed that. Regardless, it seems really dumb to just wipe out the new republic before we even get to find out what that IS.
>>
>>78264164
JJ made some great POTTERY moments

I gotta hand it to him.
>>
>>78264184
The republic is just more than the humans anyway. The current chancellor isn't even human. They changed the capital so that it moves to another world every now and then to make all worlds feel included. Honestly, it's a ballache trying to set up the logistics of moving the galactic government every few years
>>
>Rey and Finn must track down Luke Skywalker, the key to the return of the Jedi and the defeat of the First Order, evading Kylo Ren and the First Order along the way
>The Resistance must find a way to destroy Starkiller Base, a First Order superweapon with a capacity for destruction well beyond the original Death Star

The movie should have been one or the other, not both. One main plot and the Kylo Ren subplot would have been more than enough to propel the movie. As it is the movie feels half-baked and way too busy.
>>
>>78263875
>'It did' edition
Haven't watched it yet, have ya?
>>
>>78264152
Did Vader have a huge role in this one? I mean like appearances and shit.
>>
My biggest concern is how are they gonna make the overarching plot of this trilogy feel big and important without squandering the whole 'Anakin is the chosen one and brought balance to the force' thing.
>>
>>78264184
Coruscant is under Empire control isn't it?
>>
I want that dust that turned into instant bread or a muffin that Rey got.
>>
>>78264205
Hopefully the next one is much more focused than this. I get that they wanted it to come back with a bang, but now I hope they'll take the time to flesh it all out.
>>
>>78264164
You may have noticed other people assumed the same thing I did. Again, Kylo clearly acted different and talked differently once his helmet came off. Not to mention he handed Han the lightsaber sideways, as in a position it wasnt a threat to Han.

Also you realize Harrison Ford and Lawrence Kasden (the other writer of the movie) both wanted to kill off Han.
>>
>>78264210
We only see his helmet and it's the exact same clip as from the trailer. That's it minus a few mentions of his name
>>
>>78264198
True, but humans are still the most abundant and powerful race in the galaxy. I guess it's a good contrast to the Empire's racism, but still just seems to make more sense to keep the Senate in Coruscant. It was pretty damn multicultural anyway. Basically like how the UN is in New York City.
>>
I bet Captain Phasma is a redhead.
Just to fuck up EU.
>>
>>78264172
I really hope his turning to the Dark Side doesn't amount to mommy and daddy issues.
"You think Han Solo is the father you never had. You'll be disappointed."
Cheeku dickwaffle.
Ren and hux should have swithed actors honestly. I wanted Domnhall to actually use his Irish accent for a change too.
>>
Why the fuck didn't Luke just tell Kylo Ren that Vader turned good in the end?

Better yet, why the fuck didn't Ani's ghost tell Kylo Ren to cut the shit?

BRAVO JJ
>>
>>78264219
I want to lick Rey's bowls clean after she scarfed her food down
>>
>>78264212

by forgetting that ever happened like they should.
>>
>>78264212

Let's just forget about that shit, thanks.
>>
>>78264208
I watched every minute of it, and it was a bad film.
>>
Why wasn't there an awesome flashback scene of Luke protecting his little academy and the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>78264223
He's conflicted, but I'm saying the "will you help me" literally meant "will you help me decide?", not "will you help me redeem myself?". Hell, I think he even says that.

>both wanted to kill off Han
What does that have to do with my post?

>>78264222
Agreed.
>>
>>78264234
Kylo's guide book page says that he knows Vader changed sides at the very end.
>>
>>78264234
1. Because Kylo already knows that Vader became good and is actively trying to become stronger than Vader by avoiding the light

2. Because Sith don't have the concept of "life after death." Because Kylo is closed off to the light, he can't see Anakin.
>>
>>78264234

Because we wouldn't have a movie then.

I wouldn't mind have seen Kylo haunted by the ghost of Anakin.

>>78264213

The New Republic apparently controls most of the galaxy, and decided to host the capital on Random Planet to break with the Empire, or something.
>>
>>78264213
I mean, I suppose it's possible the First Order retook Coruscant. They haven't fleshed any of hte politics out at all, which is kinda frustrating. I was also annoyed by how half the planets they were on were never even named.

Lucas deserves most of the hate he gets, but at least he understood what an expanded universe is better than JJ.
>>
>>78264234
1. The kid is practically being mind controlled by that Snope fucker. He views the constant pull of the light side of the Force as some kind of perversion. He's fucking crazy.

2. Christensen has been called in for a role in Ep VIII. I'm betting it's not a flashback.
>>
Kylo x Ren fanfiction when? It's just so funny to me cause I fucking love Adam Driver. And the second he took of his helmet, all I could think about was that he's the awesome sex addict in Girls.
>>
>that chewie rampage and cry
still makes me sad
>>
Was kind of mad about Phasma at first. But she did get body slammed by a wookie. I liked that she and the other troopers were portrayed like marines. They weren't like droids or Spartans. They were more like people who just happen to be professional soldiers. Loyal but not stupid and blind to the cause. Like those troopers walking away from Kylo and his tantrum.
>>
EW reportedly confirms Daniel Craig was the Stormtrooper that Rey mind tricked while she was locked up
>>
>>78264251
>2.
Ding ding ding.

It's why Plagueis was so concerned with immortality, and pretty much every other Sith. Which makes the Rule of Two kind of stupid, when you think about it.
>>
>>78264255
It seems like it was an overreaction to the whole "space politics" thing.

The problem though wasn't that there was too much politics in the PT. It's that the politics were stupid, contradictory and made no god damned sense.

The politics of trying to re-build a democracy in the face of a hostile imperialist dictatorship? Now those are the kind of politics that could actually be interesting.
>>
>>78264164
He was going to give the saber to Han. Until they tapped the sun of its energy. The second they light faded away so did Kylo's willingness to leave the dark side.
>>
>>78264247
"Will you help me decide" implies there is a small part of him that wants to leave the Dark side behind. Now if you dont believe he actually wants to be redeem that is fine. I was hoping for people to state their opinion on the scene. You worded it however like there was no question at all that Kylo wanted to stay loyal to the Dark Side which isnt accurate.

You put all the blame on JJ with your post. For all we know JJ could have wanted Han to stay alive but Lawrence and Harrison pushed for a Han's death scene. My point is that part of your post had nothing to do with the scene in question
>>
>>78263928
6-7/10.

In just a general sense, the main thing that severely disappointed me was how much of a sendup it was of the original trilogy. For how fucking garbage the prequels are, at least they were for the most part doing their own thing, even if that thing was trash.

Having kept myself relatively spoiler free save for big shit like Han, I went in expecting a sort of intriguing role reversal where The new republic is chasing the fragmented, terrorist-like remnants of the empire. I just shook my head when the republic got nuked before we even met anybody from it and we were sent right back to the "ragtag band of rebels vs the sith guys"
>>
>>78264259
>2. Christensen has been called in for a role in Ep VIII. I'm betting it's not a flashback.

Hopefully he'll be able to redeem himself as an actor.
>>
>>78264262
I thought for sure going into the film Chewie would die. I thought "That's a good balance of important original cast that will make people sad but still not all that important to the story."

The second Leia said "if you see our son, bring him home", my heart sank like a fucking stone.

Like Jesus Christ man. Han Solo's whole life was basically misery with a few highlights. How goddamned sad is that?
>>
>>78263928
Phasma's only role was to get hostage by a nigger /10

Seriously, are there any supplementary material that I need read in order figure out her true role is in the movie? Is she really just there to look shiny and intimidating?
>>
>>78264280
The sun wasn't literally giving him light side, anon. It was a metaphor.

Jesus Christ.

>>78264283
What are you even talkin
>>
>>78264234
>Why the fuck didn't Luke just tell Kylo Ren that Vader turned good in the end?

What the FUCK makes you think he didn't? Don't you think he said that to him a million times when Luke started to feel the kid losing his grip and turning to the dark side? You think Luke kept that all a big secret from him? You don't think the most powerful Sith Lord, like, ever, is clouding poor Ben's brain at the time to make it seem like Vader was super glorified and awesome for being a big baddy? Wake up, anon.

>Better yet, why the fuck didn't Ani's ghost tell Kylo Ren to cut the shit?

This one I can be a little more 'meh' with. Maybe he did, but at that point Ben was too much Kylo. Maybe he was already in training with the Sith Lord and him seeing a "ghost" wasn't going to really convince him of anything. Maybe the Sith guy told him it was a Jedi trick and to ignore it.
>>
>>78264247
>He's conflicted, but I'm saying the "will you help me" literally meant "will you help me decide?", not "will you help me redeem myself?". Hell, I think he even says that.
I took that as "to finally give in to the dark side and achieve my goals, I must kill you, will you help me?"
>>
>>78264293

>Han Solo's whole life was basically misery with a few highlights.

There will be a Han Solo spinoff movie to show what was he doing before meeting Luke & Co.

If it shows the gritty and deadly life of a smuggler I'll be pleasantly surprised.

But what Han became was sad as fuck. I really felt for him.
>>
>>78264266
>Like those troopers walking away from Kylo and his tantrum.

One of the best parts, really. So small, but so great.
>>
>>78264287
>I just shook my head when the republic got nuked before we even met anybody from it and we were sent right back to the "ragtag band of rebels vs the sith guys"

It was literally one system of the New Republic.
>>
>>78264289

I don't absolutely hate the prequels, nor do I have the hate for Lucas but the man can't get good performances out of people for shit. Christensen had some good moments in III that lead me to think he could be decent. I say moments because scenes as a whole leave him (and others) with terrible direction. Dude made Samuel L Jackson fucking wooden and boring. McGregor had to carry the fuck out of huge chunks of II and III.
>>
>be black
>see Finns character reduced to profuse sweating, awkward flirting, and bait for cheap laughs
>be the only one cheering when Finn scores a hit on Kylo
>quickly shut down when Kylo does the reversal and slashes his back
>guy behind me says "heh, ya spoke too soon"

G-Guys. I thought Finn had Force potential?

I mean, obviously not as much as Rey, but I thought what kept him from from going with those smugglers to the Outer Rim was hearing those screams through the Force?

Also, I think Kylo losing to Rey in this movie was a mistake.
Events moved so quickly that it's like if Vader Killed Obi-Wan, and then Luke rushed over to Vader and just blew him out.

And no matter how cool it looked, Kylo freezing the blaster bolt in place was a mistake.

And did anyone else cringe when Poe was being interrogated by Kylo on Jakku?
>>
>>78264301
I never said it was. That was indeed a moment of pottery. My statement stands, however. When the sun went out Kylo abandoned any thoughts(at that moment) of leaving the dark side.

On a side note, why doesn't anyone try to accept all of the force they can feel? There's two sides to it but it's all part of the same thing.
>>
Friendly reminder that we can now absolutely confirm that Mad Max: Fury Road was better than The Force Awakens.
>>
>>78264327
>Also, I think Kylo losing to Rey in this movie was a mistake.
he had just been shot in the stomach with a bowcaster that had been sending stormtroopers flying. He wasn't in his best game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>78264333
WITNESS THE TRIPS
>>
>>78264307
Yeah, that's also very possible. I guess there are three different interpretations.

But given the dialogue, "Will you help me be redeemed" seems like the least likely and only there to give Han hope.

Hell, it especially doesnt' make sense considering he fucking thanks him after he's stabbed.
>>
>>78264320
Yeah, I totally agree. It was a combination of the awful script, the completely sterile blue-screen environment and the fact that Lucas was just phoning it in that made Christensen's Ani a joke.

But I think he has it in him to give a really solid performance.
>>
>>78264301
>He never implied he wanted to be redeemed. Han simply misunderstood what he meant by "Will you help me?" Han reaching out and the literal light from the star being squandered (Bravo, JJ) was just Kylo trying to decide what to do.

Was your post?

I was pointing out how it WAS implied he wanted to turn away from the Dark Side and pointing out how complaining that Harrirson Ford was killed off by JJ unfair since it may not have been JJs idea or he even liked the idea
>>
>>78264310
>67. The CO is throwing a bitch fit again.
>yeah. Let's go this way. We'll tell the captain he's ruined another wall.
>>
>>78264333

One movie is a 2 hour long awesome car chase in the dessert.

One movie is an awesome plot heavy war and family plot in space.

Apples and oranges my friend.
>>
>>78264327
Wow what a shit audience
>>
>>78264293

Said it in the last thread, but for a moment I thought Chewie was going to just let loose and bring the building down on top of himself. I would not have been able to handle it. His weeping in the aftermath was bad enough.
>>
>>78264313
>"Today will be remembered as the END of the REPUBLIC!"
"Without the Republic's fleet, we'll"
etc

The republic should've been going on an insane revenge run if it was just one system, it was pretty heavily implied that even if it wasn't every republic fighter ever they were crippled beyond fighting capability
>>
>>78264332
>why doesn't anyone try to accept all of the force they can feel
In the expanded universe there are grey jedis who do just that.

Plus you have people like Mace Windu who canonically use the dark side in their fighting style. Basically the Jedi realized early on that the dark side is easy to be consumed by, so they adopted a complete prohibition of it whereas the Sith just allowed themselves to be consumed.

There have always been people outside of either faction and even within them who embrace both parts. It's just not explored in the movies like at all.
>>
>>78264302
Also. Maybe the Ghost is only tied to people they form a bond with (referring to new canon only obviously).

So Luke could see Anakin but no matter how much Anakin would try, he could never visit Leia or his grandson because he never formed a good bond with them
>>
>>78264333
I swear this movie better win best picture or im going to cut off my cock and throw it at the Oscar voters or something.
>>
>>78264061
you goin to hell if they turn out to be cousins
>>
>>78264359

Even when piloting the Falcon, he looked fucking destroyed. Poor guy.
>>
Did anyone else feel like the trailers showed way too much of the movie?
>>
>>78264310
Really? I don't like the fact that the main villain's rage and raw anger was played for a laugh.
>>
One thing that really bugs me is that this movie couldn't really be watched in a vacuum. Between the myriad of callbacks to the OT and the straight-up unresolved plot thread that propelled most of the movie (where is Luke?), this absolutely does not feel like a movie that could be enjoyed on its own merits. It's half fanservice and half sequel bait.
>>
>>78264327
If he couldn't hold back the force of a normal blaster, how could he take a bow caster to the gut and survive? It was a necessary move to show he has a lot of power without a lot of skill while also giving a good reason why Finn and Rey would have a chance against him.
>>
are the visual dictionary or the audiobook out for download yet?
>>
>>78264356
>awesome

Debatable.

>plot heavy

You're joking.
>>
I really enjoyed what little we got of Phasma, I thought she was more intimidating than Kylo most of the time. I didn't not like Ren, I just thought he was interesting because he was a psychotic emotionally broken child instead of a figure you were actually afraid of.

The one scene where Phasma is basically threatening Finn for his refusal to shoot the civilians made me more nervous than almost anything Kylo did besides the long pause before the big spoil.
>>
>>78264369
The tv spots did yeah. That's why I refused to watch anything other than the final trailer.
>>
>>78264350
"Bravo, JJ" was in reference to the pottery of the literal light fading. Y'know, like a meme, you dip.

And if he was legitimately asking for Harrison to help him be redeemed, why would he thank him after choosing to kill him?

Obviously he's conflicted. I've said this like 3 times, but Kylo's brain is completely for the dark side. It was his heart that wanted the light, and he was simply trying to overcome that, and succeeded.
>>
>>78264344

I mean, he is literally pounding on the injury to get his head back in the Dark Side game. That is some shit ripped straight from Vader's playbook in SotE. Kid was a mess at that point.
>>
>>78264370
It was his awesome, and actually scary rage that was played for laughs, it was the two normal dudes who were on duty and then kinda went "uuuhhh....let's come back" when they saw scrapes of metal being thrown out of the room.

I for one said Oh Shit to myself when Kylo came back into the room and she was gone cause his acting is just that good.
>>
>>78264376

"Plot" meaning that there was more things going on besides Get Back My Wives/Get Away From Crazy Man line of action. Ya dig?
>>
>>78264360
That attack was the first of many. It apparently only takes a few hours to charge the damned thing, so you could take out all of the key systems relatively quickly.

I mean, you might be right, but I don't think the Republic is literally just destroyed. Coruscant still exists and there's no reason to think it isn't owned by the Republic.
>>
>>78264382
In reference to the JJ thing. I apologize. I completely miss understood you.

I took it as the Dark Side of him simply won out. Im not sure and I was hoping to see people interpretations of the scene which you added. Thank you (not sarcasm by the way)
>>
>>78264370
It was kind of funny to see them walk away. But of you've ever been in that situation it's not so funny as much as giving the characters your empathy. Anyone who's ever been in some form of military training or service would back me up on that. When certain people of a much higher rank than you start to lose their shit it's beat just to back up and pretend you never saw or heard anything.
>>
>>78264367
....DAMMIT. I totally forgot about that. Can't they please..not be cousins? He's so hot. So, so hot.
>>
>>78264198
>the current chancellor isn't even human
Is he a whole new species they invented for this movie?
>>
/tv/ make the op? The movie was great
>>
>>78264399
No problem. Thank God I found this thread instead of trying to discuss this shit on /tv/
>>
Oh, another thing I didn't like about this movie

Rey immediately picking up complicated force powers like the jedi mind trick and floundering about with her lightsaber before suddenly just "getting it" annoyed me. Like, a lot.

Something I liked a lot about the first films was that Luke goes from not even bothering to use his lightsaber in the first film, to using it basically as a tool and being fairly ineffectual with it in the second film, to being something resembling a jedi in the third. And these films take place over a few years, not a few days.

Having Rey just suddenly decide she's not fucking around anymore and wreck somebody who has seemingly been obsessively trying to become stronger just feels like a week excuse for a "fuck ye" moment that ultimately falls flat.
>>
>>78264396
Yeah, there was get back my map/get away from First Order AND....uh, something else I guess.
>>
>>78264377

She's like 7ft tall and all chrome and she's still a fucking Ninja sneaking up on Finn. She's scary as fuck. JJ and crew admitted pretty quickly that she was going to be the Boba of the film but she still has more of a presence.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned the other female trooper that appeared during the hunt for Rey. I was most pleased.
>>
>>78264410
>I didn't like this movie
>GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE SO CYNICAL NO FUN ALLOWED AM I RIGHT?
>>
>>78264413
But the Force AWAKENED in her! When the Force awakens, you can use all Jedi powers.
>>
>>78264415

Wait, shit, you're right. Maybe it just felt heavier with all the lines?
>>
>Imperial warlords
>Imperial superweapons
>Luke is basically Jedi Jesus
>Darth Caedus
they're literally taking all the worst parts of the EU to recycle.
>>
>>78264413
She's pretty profecient with a staff, it's not out of the question to assume she's been trained in some kind of martial arts
>>
>>78264425
At least there's no Vong.
>>
>>78264421
Is that seriously why this movie is called that?

Man, fuck that. It trashes all the mystique of the Jedi if you just wake up one day and become a badass. It's like Benders in Korra, if they don't have to work for their strength you just end up kind of resenting them, that's part of why Luke was a compelling character. He's a good pilot, but he isn't the nigh-invincible jedi killing machine he ends up becoming in ROTJ. He has to work for three movies to get there.
>>
File: 138423817974.jpg (56KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
138423817974.jpg
56KB, 500x502px
>>78264420
>/tv/ make the op? The movie was great
>GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE SO CYNICAL NO FUN ALLOWED AM I RIGHT?

Not quite sure the latter is an accurate representation of the former.
>>
>>78264383
That got me.
That was just so fucked.
>>
>>78264427

Also, she aparently heard stories about the Jedi as a kid. Probably she tries to imitate that.

Maybe our "These aren't the droids you're looking for" may-mays are actual legends in Star Wars.
>>
>>78264398
Coruscant is near the center of the galaxy and if you knew the lore going in you would know that before the knights of ren showed up the remnants of the empire where pushed into the center regions. The republic was in the inner and some of the outer region
>>
Kylo Ren is basically Zuko with a matching new scar
>>
>>78264433
>Is that seriously why this movie is called that?

Obviously. It's so simple, the average American movie goer could get it. Which was the point.
>>
>>78264436
People who act indignant of criticism annoy me just as much as people who insist that something is objectively shit and you can't like it.
>>
>>78264433
>It trashes all the mystique of the Jedi

I think the biological science of the PT, and the fact that "the force" has been reduced to a number of cool powers has effectively done that already.

A Jedi is no longer a monk with a spiritual connection to the universe around him. Now they're basically marvel superheros.
>>
>>78264442
>if you knew the lore going in
Should I have?

But I digress. Is it confirmed that Coruscant specifically is lost?
>>
>>78264344
>he had just been shot in the stomach with a bowcaster that had been sending stormtroopers flying. He wasn't in his best game
I think they meant that in a storytelling sense. Having the protagonist defeat the bad guy in the first movie feels like blowing their load too early.
>>
>>78264451
And so your solution is to pretend like they said something over-the-top and misrepresent them?

And for the record, OP offered no criticism. The post literally just says the movie sucked.
>>
>go to see the movie
>theater plays the spoilery Batman vs Superman trailer, the one that I've been successfully avoiding up until now
Yeah, thanks a bunch fucking Odeon
>>
>>78264333
I've been meaning to ask, what did /co/ think of Fury Road?
>>
>>78264433

She didn't just wake up though. It slowly got triggered and then she found her dad's lightsaber and touched it. It's why she was crying and confused after the vision she saw because it was too much for her. Yeah it took Luke some time to get a hold of his powers, but shit, maybe being a women, it comes faster to you? Luke lived a pretty easy life, before shit went down. He was board sure, but Ray had to live by herself in a super hostile alien outpost in the middle of the desert fending for herself. Maybe that helped trigger her force powers too?
>>
>>78264413
Luke was never as strong as Anakin. Rey is somewhat implied to be stupidly strong in the force somewhat like Anakin. And don't forget that the force guides you, anon. She was barely fighting him off. Then she centered herself. Her calm gave her the focus she needed to win. Kylo on the other hand had to inflict pain on himself to stat in the game. Nigga didn't even use the emotional trauma of killing his own father to fuel his power. I liked that Finn was just force sensitive enough to feel out a battle.
>>
File: Pocketbookboners498.jpg (30KB, 200x314px) Image search: [Google]
Pocketbookboners498.jpg
30KB, 200x314px
>>78264460
>caring about getting spoilered for a piece of shit movie like BvsS
>>
>>78264454

According to the Wook, the Not-Coruscant that gits rekt in the movie is located in the Core Regions. It seems likely that the New Republic controls Coruscant.

Apparently it says so in the Visual Dictionary and the New Republic changed the capital for some reason.
>>
>>78264462
Fucking. Badass.
>>
>>78264413
i could accept Rey picking the Force up quickly, but the lightsaber skill was bullshit.

and it served no real purpose, because they already made Kylo Ren look like an ineffectual bitch with ears that you could make parachutes out of. beating him up doesn't really carry as much weight as Obi-Wan bisecting Maul or Luke beating down Vader, because they were actual, y'know, threats, not an idiot that tanks a bowcaster shot when he can stop them midair, or gets tagged by a non-sensitive who's only ever used the damn thing once before.

Rey and Finn's interactions were cute, though. that part i liked. but every time Ren was on-screen, me and the guy next to me rolled my eyes.

>btfo by Snoke
>btfo by general guy
>btfo by genetics
>btfo mentally by Rey
>btfo by Chewie
>btfo by Finn
>btfo by Rey again
>btfo by Snoke and general guy together one last time

and i actually thought he was threatening in the trailers, too.
>>
>Should I have?

Yes and no.

>But I digress. Is it confirmed that Coruscant specifically is lost?

Nah it's still around

Here watch this short video that tells you all you need to know about what happen between 6&7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gwp3CGlyE
>>
>>78264462
Blows TFA out of the water for sure. Really amazing piece.
>>
>>78264460

My theater played Gods of Egypt. Shit. Looked. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.
>>
>>78264262
>>78264293
>>78264309

They should've crushed Han with a moon
>>
Anyone else feel that Finn captured more of Han's roguishness than Poe did?
>Why did you help me?
>because it's the right thing to do.
>you need a pilot.
>I need a pilot.
And my personal favorite.
>we'll use the force.
>>
>>78264464
No, the fact that you just "get" your force powers is stupid. Luke is depicted as being a natural 10/10 pilot in ANH, but by the end of that movie the most he can do is use the force to aim better.

Meanwhile Rey can do a Jedi mind trick immediately after realizing she's strong with the force with zero training beyond her survivalist skills. It's like that comic that came out recently where Han, Leia, and Chewbacca fight a bunch of stormtroopers with lightsabers, it just cheapens the mystique behind it all.
>>
>>78264484

Rey had no skill besides thrusting and parrying. Ren was on the same level, though he was wounded so less able to blast people with the force.

It was a fight between two amateurs.
>>
What did you guys think of the orange alien with the tiny eyes? Some asshole in my theater wouldn't stop laughing out loud every time she was on screen, including when it was supposed to be a solemn moment.
>>
>>78264484
Kylo did accomplish things.
He was a threat.
>>
>>78264484
You know how Luke took a lesson in badassery in between Empire and Jedi? I'm thinking (hoping) a similar thing will happen with Kylo between this movie and the next. Or at least the next movie will focus a bunch on him becoming more of an unstopable killing machine (hence the whole "we must complete his training" thing.
>>
I liked it.....

But have I lost my capacity for wonder? Am I too cynical as I get ready to hit 30?

I enjoyed it, but there were no moments I felt I really marveled at (except the opening shot maybe). Is that the consequence of CGI in today's world?
>>
So what's better: this movie or a movie of NJO: Vector Prime?

Pretend all you know of the NJO is Vector Prime
>>
>>78264497
But Luke's biggest block to the force was his incredulity. If Rey is naive enough to believe she can do this shit, then she should theoretically be able to. Luke's inability to lift the x-wing was literally just his refusal to accept he could.
>>
>>78264497
Unless she's Luke's daughter who's been jedi mind tricked and left on a planet to keep her safe away from people like Kylo. Who possibly killed her mother in the raid on the new jedi academy.
>>
>>78264455
He's been bested, not beaten. He's got some facial scarring and at most, a missing hand. It does give him yet another reason to hide behind the mask though. He'll probably go full fucking nuts and psych himself into thinking it's a life threatening injury just like Vader's.

>>78264377
Thinking even further about Phasma; her design is exactly as Stormtroopers were originally envisioned and described. Rad as fuck.
>>
>>78264508
No, that's you realizing that nostalgia is not enough to carry a film.
>>
File: 1434774524601.jpg (791KB, 1416x2012px) Image search: [Google]
1434774524601.jpg
791KB, 1416x2012px
>>78264508
Were you marveld at Mad Max?
>>
>>78264505
I really liked her. Had no idea it was Lupita Nyong'o until i got home.
>>
>>78264493

>THE FORCE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT

My sides were on orbit.
>>
>>78264513
Depends on whether you want nostalgia or fresh.
>>
>>78264497
You think its really hard to pull the Jedi mind trick without some training? Shit, just really focus on the fact you want this guy to untie you.
Who's to say that's something every Jedi knows right off the bat. That shit don't need training. Levitating a pare across the table? Now that takes some skill.
>>
>>78264526
So apparently she has a crew of space pirates. Is she not sleazy hondo?
>>
>>78264506

what does he accomplish? the one thing he ALMOST gets right, he fails at by leaving BB-8.

he kills Max von Sydow (who i genuinely thought was dead, holy shit), and that's cool, deflects Poe's shot, which was cool, and then just kinda... stops. the one thing he manages to actually get right is pulling the information out of Poe.

>>78264505

Maz? i have a feeling she might pull a Jolee Bindo and turn out to be a Grey or something.

>>78264507

hopefully he gets the helmet welded onto his damn head.
>>
Why do stormtroopers carry huge and unwieldy electrical pulverizer things for melee combat now? What happened to vibroblades?
>>
>>78264530
Like >>78264515 said. Maybe you just really need to believe that they believe it.
>>
>>78264524

I enjoyed the ever-loving FUCK outta Mad Max. Ok, maybe I was wrong. I can still look on in awe, but Mad Max is like a really really fuckin high bar to have to clear.
>>
>>78264505
I kept thinking she was going to say she knew Yoda, or that she's at least the female part of his race. I dug her. Why she just kept Luke's lightsaber in an unlocked chest out in the open is beyond me.
>>
>>78264546
The door was locked. Rey subconsciously opened the door.
>>
>>78264543

It was a riot control stun baton. Meant more to injure than kill.
>>
Seeing a lot of Kylo hate.
People really wanted another walking monolith.
I like him, he actually shows emotion.
>>
>>78264555
>bringing a riot control weapon on a raid
Someone failed stormtrooping 102.
>>
>>78264545
Then you haven't lost your sense of marvel.

I think a lot of people would agree, TFA just plain doesn't measure up. It's not much different than any other CG blowout that Hollywood craps out every month.
>>
>>78264559
He's the only guy who had a shield too. Also kinda loved that the armor cracked whenever someone got injured.
>>
>>78264558
I was certain I would hate him. I ended up loving how emotionally unhinged he is
>>
Can we talk about that one awesome electric lance/mace staff welding Stormtrooper that kicked Finn's ass?
>>
>>78264558
Go away, Adam Driver. We know it's you.
>>
>>78264570
A lot of people in my theater went 'wut' when he whipped out the tonfa.
It was great.
>>
>>78264569

Same. After so many lame Sith's in the cartoons, I had a very low bar set for him. I also was super spoiler free so I thought that he was a Vader cult guy like people guessed and/or he was Han.
I'm pretty sure he's my favorite, even after POOR HAN.
>>
>>78264484
He took that bowcaster shot BECAUSE HE JUST MURDERED HIS OWN FATHER AND WAS DISTRACTED.

Kylo Ren wasn't supposed to be a badass from the start, but he was way more impressive than someone like Maul because Ren was an unpredictable human with mental issues and not a fucking cartoon villain.
>>
So was Phasma bred for war or was she just the program administrator? Like if she was The Boss and all the Stormtroopers are her Cobra Unit.
>>
>>78264570

My friends joked that if the Empire had a hand full of guys like that, they wouldn't be at war for long.
>>
>>78264569
I just loved whenever he went on a tantrum rage.
It was like primal anger, terrifying.
>>
The idea of taking kids from birth to raise and condition them into Stormtroopers is a nice idea to call out the hypocrisy of the Jedi doing the same thing, but doesn't that mean that the First Order is poorly equipped to deal with higher than expected losses of stormtroopers?

It's like the problem the Imperial Japanese Navy had with its pilots in WW2, their pilots had to go through a very rigorous training programme and it took five years to graduate, so when they started losing more pilots to the Americans than they had accounted for it was difficult to train new pilots quickly enough to fill the gaps. Except in this case a new stormtrooper would take at least sixteen years to train.
>>
File: NewRepublicCanon-DelRey.png (841KB, 2048x1636px) Image search: [Google]
NewRepublicCanon-DelRey.png
841KB, 2048x1636px
So can we take a moment and discuss simply how incompetent the Republic is in every goddamned incarnation of this universe? According to the database, immediately after the battle of Endor, they took control, then signed a peace treaty with the Empire's remnants, then fucking DEMILITARIZED.

Leia was the only one to realize how bad of an idea this was and formed the resistance. like, Jesus. I understand the Sith are fascists, but you know, the Republic is probably the worst governmental body whenever it's in charge and probably deserves to be destroyed.
>>
>>78264569

i was certain i would love him. he can still be emotionally unhinged--hell, he can still angst about things--but he can't act like he uses the Star Wars equivalent of MySpace.

but i think it might be down to the fact that that's just what Adam Driver looks like.
>>
>>78264534
She wasn't even really sleazy. People keep shitting on the scene because they want to compare it to the Cantina, but no one in there was overtly evil, or even very rude. She calls out Solo on the spot, who's already shown to have racked up even worse bounties in the years since the OT, and no one cares. Yeah, there was a FO spy, but there was also a Resistance spy. She's like inn-keep/den mother-ish character. She commands respect, but seems to give it in equally in return.

I will say her CG sucked. Her actor was fine, though.
>>
>>78264488
no, shit looks shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>78264601

Yes? Kylo outright mentions they should probably go back to clones. I don't think it's meant to be a purely throw-away line, either.
>>
>>78264601
They probably have other military components. The Stormtroopers just act as the Big Stick.

>>78264586
They confirmed her for the next one, right? Please tell me they confirmed her. And more electro-bros.
>>
>>78264605
>People keep shitting on the scene because they want to compare it to the Cantina

People shit on it because it served no fucking purpose in the movie. God, you idiots have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>78264570

Why wasn't that phasma

just some random asshole
>>
>>78264618
>>78264601
It's rather odd. Clearly the First Order is loaded since they can convert an entire planet into a weapon, so why couldn't they pay Kamino to give them some troops? Or do the Kaminoans only work with teh Republic?
>>
>>78264586
She's too old to have been raised for war.
>>
>>78264595

>when he goes nuts on the computers casue they lost the map.

>when officer says theres a girl, and he forces his ass over to him to physically choke him. "WHAT GIRL."

>bruh
>>
So can we talk about that speech?
Can we talk about Hux's superb acting in that scene?
>>
>>78264602
My thoughts exactly. The republic and the senate couldn't go one generation without reverting back to being a bunch of dickless bureaucrats with their thumbs up their arses.
>>
>>78264631
Kamino is dead.

The Darth Vader comic made sure to point out that everything that was cool from the prequels, Vader personally wiped out because he's such a total badass.
>>
>>78264624
>it served no fucking purpose in the movie
Except giving them the fucking lightsaber, serving as a battle and point of reunion for Han and Leia, and giving the characters a choice to run or stay?
>>
>>78264601
I don't think their entire army is made up of people like Finn, so they'd be fine.
>>
>>78264639
>Can we talk about Hux's superb acting

Maybe. If he ever does any.
>>
>>78264631

If you read books like Lost Stars, it's quite clear that the Empire is a totalitarian state that wishes not only military might, but to have absolute control over the minds and hearts of its people. With the ruthless trainning of stormtroopers, the First Order continues that legacy.

Finn must have been through a lot of shit.
>>
>>78264621
She'll be back. Disney will want to throw some female faces out there for both sides of the conflict. Plus they've already stated they want her to be the new boba.
>>
>>78264639
The smarm was glorious.
>>
>>78264616
You didn't think the flying metal Horus looked kinda fun? Just me? Maybe I'm still 10 and I was like oooooooo cooooool. I also get a boner for tight metal armor and people who can fly around freely. That was the only reason I saw Tomorrowland. The trailer had some random guy in jetpack zip around. He wasn't even in it!
>>
>>78264639
Fucking Weasleys.
>>
>>78264660
Which reminds me, if Han's still alive, then Boba would presumably still be alive too, as long as he got out of the sarlaac.

Maybe she's his daughter and that's why she's so cool.
>>
>>78264639

Yo, that dude straight nutted when the Starkiller fired. It was horrible and awesome all at once.
>>
File: glByz5yh.jpg (143KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
glByz5yh.jpg
143KB, 768x1024px
Anyone else bothered by the boots?
>>
>>78264655
in the EU, the Sith simply view all of that as necessary for order. And honestly, given the fact that the Senate is the most ineffectual government body in fiction, it's no wonder so many people begin to sympathize with autocratic ideals.
>>
>>78264666
sorry bro, that movie looks like cold dogshit
>>
>>78264679
Yeah.
>>
>>78264679

Can someone upload this? Or at least link to the source.
>>
>>78264671
bruh

Leia felt it. Luke felt it. Chewie fuckin felt it. He's dead. I am willing to bet money he'll show up again though. Kylo's so fucking nuts he's going to start seeing ghosts, Real/Force or imagined.
>>
>>78264692

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3x9857/just_bought_the_visual_dictionary_and_incredible/
>>
>>78264694

"Metal legs Hans!"

"But I was stabbed in the chest?"

"Metal. Legs. Hans."
>>
>>78264694
No, you idiot, I know Han's dead NOW, I meant the fact that he survived to be in the movie at all.

But of course he'll show up again. Either Kylo or Luke will talk to him.
>>
So is there any word on the next Rebels episode? Wasn't it supposed to be about Prisoner X10?
>>
>>78264655
>>78264681
It's not just the Sith, in the EU most of the people in charge of the empire who weren't Dark Side nutjobs were more interested in stability and order.

So the First Order is run by Supreme Leader Snoke, but who runs the actual Empire now, canonically?
>>
>>78264713

Yeah dude, I got it once I re-read it. Been up too long. Sorry.
>>
Han isn't a Jedi idiots. There's not going to be any post life ghosts or long distance phone calls.

And Ford wouldn't come back for something like that anyway.
>>
>>78264730
I kind of got the impression there was no Empire. Like it literally collapsed on itself. The "Empire" is just a bunch of warlords and we are simply following the one or one of the factions that is interested in restoring the Empire of old.

At least that is how I understood it
>>
Now that I've seen the movie, and all the shit about it, Ben's saber is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>78264744

:'(
>>
>>78264724
What kind of word? We already know it comes back next month.
>>
>>78264744
I'm surprised that some one had to post this so some would understand. He's no jeedai!
>>
>>78264751
If there is no more "Empire" then surely the NR could make the case that the peace accords signed with the Empire don't apply to these rebellious warlords, and they have an excuse to fire up some Star Destroyers and set about expanding their borders.
>>
File: blam.png (129KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
blam.png
129KB, 500x478px
>watch episode 7 half and hour ago
>tell my friends that its too similar to episode 4
>Obi Wan killed by Darth Vader = Han and Kylo
>Starkiller = death star
>empire stopping at nothing to find R2D2 = First Order and BB-8
>Rey setting odd to find an exiled Luke = Luke finding Yoda
>Big Bad controlled By a bigger bad = Darth Vader/Sidious and Kylo/Whomever that was
>Rey and Finn meeting on a desert planet escaping via a piece of junk ship = Luke, Obi Wan, Falcon escaping tatooine
>they all laugh at me and say Im being nitpicky despite saying that overall I liked it
>>
>>78264707

Based.

Most images are here: http://imgur.com/a/o7sKV for those who don't want to scavange through the thread. Decent worldbuilding, and a shame most of it was cut out or left in the background.
>>
>>78264744

I actually wonder about that. Yeah he's a million years old and awkward as fuck in most interviews, but he's been pretty positive about resurrecting his old roles recently. He still wants to do another Indiana Jones, even though he's almost old enough to play old-ass monster-truck driving eyepatch Indiana for real now. I think he's mellowed out on the Han hate.
>>
>>78264760

Right?? Thought the same thing. I thought it was pretty smart to have those little hilts. Shit, they could have killed Finn if he angled it harder (but due to blood lose and power) Finn pushed him off. Those things would have gone into his jugular otherwise.
>>
>>78264413
Well Rey is pretty decent with the Bo-Staff thingy, living in the harsh world of Jakku for a long time probably forced her to learn some self def and survival skills, Also the fact that she's more of a scavenger rather than a whore means that she's really intelligent and resourceful.
>>
>>78264772

i'm not saying it makes sense, i'm just saying it'll happen anyway.
>>
>>78264788
I wonder how many times she's been raped by brigands
>>
>>78264783

That sweet, swwwwweeet paycheck would make anyone mellow out, am I right?
>>
SPOILERS (obviously)

Are Star Wars movies usually kind of "rushed" like this one is, in pacing? At least in the other half. I haven't watched the first six ones.
Examples:
>no setup for the magnitude of the First Order and the Starkiller base
>Hox goes from doing whatever on the Star Destroyer to giving fascist speeches without any exposition or transition as to why it's happening at that moment and not earlier or later
>devouring a sun takes fifteen minutes
>shooting a laser through the galaxy takes seconds
OR if the Hosnian system was close to Starkiller base
>the First Order builds the mother of all Death Stars (and a dictatorship akin to the Empire) on the front porch of the Republic's capital and no one notices (also, who's footing the bill of that monstrosity?)
>Starkiller base is introduced and destroyed in the span of half an hour
>the oscillator takes up a tenth of the hemisphere when watching the planet from afar yet is small enough to be traversed by foot in minutes
>traversing countless systems no one ever heard of, to find Luke, also takes seconds

I just feel like there's an "off" scale of space and time in what was otherwise a great (and beautiful) movie to me.
>>
>>78264823
Why the fuck would you watch the new one without watching any of the others? Nigga, come on.
>>
>junkyard owner gets his hands on the fucking Falcon
>doesn't sell it to the Galactic Museum
What a moron
>>
>>78264823
>Are Star Wars movies usually kind of "rushed" like this one is, in pacing? At least in the other half.
Yes. They always, even the first, drop you in assuming you know everything. I like it. I find that star wars needs little exposition.
>I haven't watched the first six ones.
You should. They're really good. Episode 2 is garbage. 1 is okay after tatooine. 3 is breddy good. Hating the prequels is a meme. Only half of 1 and all of 2 deserve hate
>>
>>78264834
He didn't seem the brightest, now did he.
What a piece of junk anyways.
>>
>>78264803
I think that Colbert gag about JJ getting someone else for Han might have had basis in truth.
>>
>>78264829
Well I had a chance for a unique experience and I took it, but I'm aware of both the plot and the meta aspect of the franchise. Also, I meant to watch Harmy's Despecialized Edition in the three days leading up to Force Awakens but they didn't download fast enough.
>>
>>78263875
>'It did' edition

*triggered*
>>
>>78264234

1) because Kylo Ren was manipulated by Snoke. Probably telling him that Luke lied about his Grandpa becoming good and its Kylo's destiny to become like Grandpa Vader

2) Kylo has no connection to the light side and Anakin himself.. why would he appear? If he does it be like this

Grandpa Anakin: "HELLO GRANDSON.. CUT THAT EMO SITH SHIT YOU USELESS BRAT"
>>
>>78264823
1. Why the fuck would you watch ANY Star Wars without watching any of the other films
2. Sort of

You know its going to be a trilogy, right? It'll play out better when they all come out.
Most of your points are nit-picky nerd bullshit. They can literally travel faster than light in this universe- of course they can travel star systems in minutes.
>>
>>78264823
Didn't they mention the beam was delivered through hyperspace?
>>
>>78264880
>Kylo has no connection to the light side
Didn't he say the light was tempting him?
Which is weird
>>
Can someone explain to me why R2 powered on at the end? What was the trigger?
>>
>>78264891
He felt the pull.
He was really upset about it almost getting him.
Fuck, I mean, he was even apologizing about it to Vader's helmet.
Guys fucked up.
>>
>>78264895

he awakened.
>>
>>78264895
No one knows. Rumour is that Rey was the trigger. Or maybe the close proximity of the missing map part?
>>
Tell me I'm not the only one who was disappointed by the intro not having the Finalizer come down from the top of the screen.
>>
>>78264880
I personally thought that Force Ghosts needed to have a personal connection to a certain person or object to appear. Kylo had no personal connection to Anakin, and eventhough he had Vader's helmet, Anakin made clear that in the end, he left that part of him behind. The helmet is useless to connect to Anakin, since as a Dark Side object, it can only serve as a conduit to Vader.

Also, Kylo's even more of a whiney emo bitch than Anakin was...but it's been made pretty clear that that's exactly what he's supposed to be, both to the audience as well as in-story. So I'm cool with that.
>>
>no setup for the magnitude of the First Order and the Starkiller base
>Hox goes from doing whatever on the Star Destroyer to giving fascist speeches without any exposition or transition as to why it's happening at that moment and not earlier or later
You get the exposition of the magnitude of the damn Order and go ahead and bitch about it. He's making a big speech because they're firing up their superweapon for the first time and destroying their enemy, the Republic, with it. Did you even watch the movie?
>devouring a sun takes fifteen minutes
Did you really want it to take half the movie? Or 30 minutes? what difference does it really make?
>shooting a laser through the galaxy takes seconds
So what? Its science magic.
OR if the Hosnian system was close to Starkiller base
>the First Order builds the mother of all Death Stars (and a dictatorship akin to the Empire) on the front porch of the Republic's capital and no one notices (also, who's footing the bill of that monstrosity?)
You should be smart enough to deduce that that they aren't anywhere near the Republic system and even then, the fact that Luke can just disappear and needs 2 maps to find him, should show that you can still hide things in space pretty easily.
>Starkiller base is introduced and destroyed in the span of half an hour
Eh, if they drug out the Starkiller bits through 2 movies we'd basically have the original trilogy, and this movie was already pretty similar to the first original movie.
>the oscillator takes up a tenth of the hemisphere when watching the planet from afar yet is small enough to be traversed by foot in minutes
Han and Chewie only set a couple bombs on a handful of pillars- the next scene then establishes that this wasn't enough which is why that pilot has to fly in and shoot the rest. They didn't walk the entire thing, retard.
>traversing countless systems no one ever heard of, to find Luke, also takes seconds
They can travel faster than light.
>>
>>78264895
He was ordered by Luke to stay in low energy mode, not turn himself off. Meaning he was still aware of events unfolding around him, just not consciously. It's very likely that Luke gave him specific instructions not to do anything until he was needed again, when it was time for a new Chosen One to be trained.
>>
I know that we got the whole 'sunsucker' info a while ago.
BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD ACTUALLY SUCK ENTIRE STARS INTO ITSELF
>>
File: 1450416088315.jpg (14KB, 376x304px) Image search: [Google]
1450416088315.jpg
14KB, 376x304px
It's Luke's son whose name is Ben

Han has two sons named Jacen and Anakin and a daughter named Jaina

Mara Jade is Luke's wife, not whatever whore you think you can just dream up.

The seat of the New Republic is supposed to be Coruscant, the seat of the Old Republic for thousands of years, not this made up location of yours that you just blew up to imitate Alderaan getting blasted.

Stop fucking up my Star Wars, Abrams, you kike piece of shit.
>>
>>78264949
also
>(also, who's footing the bill of that monstrosity?)
They're a belligerent wannabe inter-galactic semi-governmental body bent on uniting and dominating the galaxy just as the Empire before them sought to do. You think all those Empire sympathizers are just going to go away? That an organization that can build a planet into a giant laser can't drum up some cash through other, profitable ventures?
Its generic sci-fi, shit ain't that deep.
>>
>>78264928

I liked that they changed it up.
>>
>>78264994
None of that shit is canon anymore you shitposting nerf herder.
>>
>>78264839
I'm planning to watch the original trilogy in the following days, but I'm still debating if watching the prequels will destroy my mental conception of them, which could be "better" than the real thing.

>>78264881
I'm just listing things that influenced my opinion of the scale in order to see if they're like that in the rest of the franchise, because if they are then I don't mind. Also, I've seen a similar argument to mine made on the internet with the points being blamed on Abrams so that's why I even made the post, to see if it's him or a staple.

>Love the movie, though I really hated one thing JJ Abrams did, which he did in Star Trek as well, which is an absence of distance, and time. Everything was packed together so tightly and reduced to exactly what the plot needed, it's just stupid.

>Anyone else thought that the galaxy felt a bit small?
>Yup. Only need to be in hyperspace for a few seconds to get anywhere, no 'we'll be a Alderaan at 02 hundred hours.' Also the fact they saw the superweapon going off from another planet nearby.
>That and when the planets were destroyed. Otherwise I really enjoyed the film.

>>78264887
Did they? That would certainly explain it, though I don't remember it personally.
>>
>>78264780
>>Rey setting odd to find an exiled Luke = Luke finding Yoda
That happen in EP5

>>Rey and Finn meeting on a desert planet escaping via a piece of junk ship = Luke, Obi Wan, Falcon escaping tatooine

In EP 4 when R2D2 says he is looking for Obi Luke says he knows a Ben Kenobi.

Though I agree with you my only complaint was that it redid things we already seen and did not show us enough of what changed since EP 6. At least starkiller base was a bigger threat then the death star
>>
>>78264994
>>
Is anyone here any good at drawing?

How about a little SD comic of Hux running down to the trash compactor, kicking the door open to save Phasma (who has braced the crusher with a pole like in ANH), then carrying her under one arm to Ren, then carrying the both of them under each arm to Ren's Shuttle and escaping?
>>
>>78265057
The definitive way to watch is 4,5,6,1,2,3,7
>>
>>78265081
The definitive way to watch is 4.
>>
>>78264949
>Hox
Well I just don't remember seeing anything that indicated he's about to orgasm firing the thing, while watching the first half, if there really was something that I missed then I don't mind, but if not, I think that the speech should have been his first scene.
>Starkiller base
Well I'd like to see how it would work pace-wise if it was just mentioned earlier but everything else remained the same. Not a serious complaint though.
>hiding in space
Good point.
>oscillator scale
I think I didn't understand the scale of the place at all, Han and Chewie's explosions seem to go off in the centre but there's an entire complex around it, yet Ren, Finn and Kylo reach the forest pretty fast. I need to rewatch it.
>Empire sympathizers
Good point, didn't think about that.

>>78265081
That's good to know, wouldn't want to start with prequels after seeing TFA.
>>
>>78265081
>>78265195
Or you could just skip 1,2,3

My sister asked me earlier this week what order she should watch them in. (It never occured to me she had never seen them before) and I told her see 4,5,6 and skip the prequels.

Its not like they contribute anything to the story.
>>
>>78264103
Christie didn't say that, it was someone else claiming that Phasma has a bigger role in VIII. The only confirmed returns so far are Finn, Rey, Poe and Kylo, we don't even know if Snoke will be in the next movie, let alone Phasma.
>>
Phasma should just become a bounty hunter in the next movie, Christie was born to play Samus anyway
>>
How convenient that the Resistance has not even any frigate sized ships to call on. Since the First Order had no capital ships of their own guarding the base it would have been so easy to just show up with a cruiser or two and start bombarding the oscillator with turbolasers.

Hell, striking at the Senate is an overt act of war, the NR would have been well justified to show up with some Star Destroyers and blast the hell out of Starkiller Base

Are proton torpedoes a lot weaker now than they were in the EU? If I recall right, proton torpedo strikes were the primary method by which starfighters could seriously damage capital ships.
>>
>>78265294

The problem was they couldn't wait for the Republic fleet, the Order were about to nuke the fuck out of the Resistances' planet along with whoever else they were aiming at.
>>
I rather like the fact that the weak point, the oscillator, was actually very well armored and able to stand up to repeated torpedo hits, requiring Poe to go full Ace Combat to take it out.

Of course then my concern is why they only had one of them instead of two.
>>
>>78265315
>they couldn't wait for the Republic fleet
How long would they have had to wait? Apparently hyperspace travel from anywhere to anywhere else only takes ten seconds now.
>>
>>78265332

The nearest Republic fleet base was Hosnian Prime, and Hosnian Prime and the ships orbiting it were turned to dust in the first salvo.
>>
Can I be honest?
Starkiller base was fucking terrifying.
>>
>>78265347
Were the ships actually shown in the Hosnian scene? I don't recall.
>>
>>78263984
thank god for make up, that face is barely passable
>>
So on a scale of 1-10 how butt hurt are you about EU wipe?
Do you understand why and sympathise with Disney or do you just not care?
>>
>>78263984
Rey is a cutie.
>>
>>78265396
0. It allows for a fresh look and easy entry to the universe. The old EU was very bloated and hard to get into, plus half of it was pure fucking nonsense.
>>
File: 1441006956362.jpg (1MB, 1500x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1441006956362.jpg
1MB, 1500x1402px
>>78265396
1/10 - I never really considered the EU canon.
>>
weesa getten that audiobook sometimen a soon?
>>
>>78265396

2/10

I give it a 2 because I liked parts of it, but honestly we're only going to benefit from a new continuity.
>>
>>78265396
about 0.5, I cared about a grand total of 2 things from it (Zuckuss' and 4-LOM's backstory and that book about Jabba's underlings), and Clone Wars is still canon, so I couldn't really care much.

They'll invetiably add a lot of new dumb shit but it'll take us a while to reach Vong/magic dinosaurs/Legacy tier of bad.
>>
>>78264707
Man, I love how continuously stupid those Visual Dictionary guys are regarding the fucking Skywalker lightsaber on-switch. We flat-out see Finn and Rey hit the fucking button to turn it on.
>>
>>78265396
10 but I understand why it was needed.
>>
>>78265396
-Infinity.

Good riddance. The 95% that was utter sub fanfiction.net garbage was not outweighed by the rarity of the few golden nuggets.
>>
>>78265396
>So on a scale of 1-10 how butt hurt are you about EU wipe?

platinum butthurt/10

>Do you understand why and sympathise with Disney or do you just not care?

I really don't understand why. An alternate timeline? that's fine. A few retcons? Sure. That's nothing new. But a complete wipe is just stupid. It's Disney purposely trying to bury the work of tons of people for no logical reason.

>>78265423
>but honestly we're only going to benefit from a new continuity.

Yes, I'm really enjoying the blatant rip offs of EU material they already got going on.
>>
I'm surprised the stormtroopers didn't seem to know Resistance fighters were coming until they were practically on top of them. Unless the resistance was already stationed on the planet, they would have had to travel there through hyperspace, and a realspace reversion would create a burst of energy that would show up on the Star Destroyer's scanners.
>>
>>78265439

>The 95% that was utter sub fanfiction.net garbage was not outweighed by the rarity of the few golden nuggets.

That accurately describes The Force Awakens
>>
>>78265440
>for no logical reason.
the reason is that it was really bad

really really bad
>>
File: chubba fett.jpg (99KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
chubba fett.jpg
99KB, 480x640px
>>78265440

Is this you
>>
>>78265454

Even at its worse, it's better than The Diversity Awakens.
>>
>>78265452
lol

the power of the butthurt flows through you
>>
>>78265465

How is The Force Awakens not glorified ff.net tier garbage?
>>
>>78265396
I'm okay with it. The EU hasn't stopped existing, they're just not making any new material for it. And they were reaching the limits of the classic trilogy main characters' useful lifespans anyway so there wasn't much more material they could have made.

With TFA, they've also reached the limits of the classic trilogy main characters' useful lifespans, but at least they can construct a story designed to launch a new cast, rather than being bogged down with the baggage of thirty years of classic trilogy related stories.

If the "wipe" was them tracking down and burning every bit of material from it then I would have a problem.
>>
>>78265464

>>>/tv/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>78265470
no mandos
>>
>>78265464
these faggots are so brainwashed and butthurt by their shiity EU that they actually believe this, hilarity never ceases
>>
>>78265464
>one black guy
>one woman
>one black voice actress

That's about as much diversity as in the OT, they just made it a marketing point for some odd reason.
I'm not even counting Phasma because she does jackshit because Jar Jar is afraid of women taller than him
>>
>>78265470
because it was good, not that I'd expect EU fans to recognize quality so you're forgiven
>>
>>78265470
No Sheev Clones
>>
>>78265473
>With TFA, they've also reached the limits of the classic trilogy main characters' useful lifespans, but at least they can construct a story designed to launch a new cast, rather than being bogged down with the baggage of thirty years of classic trilogy related stories.

Which is why they were starting to move on from the Original Trilogy characters and focusing more on unexplored eras of the past and future.
>>
>>78265439
>Thrawn Trilogy
>X-wing series
>I, Jedi
>the Han Solo Trilogy
>the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy
>the Hand of Thrawn Duology
>Survivor's Quest/Outbound Flight
>the New Jedi Order
>Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
>Shatterpoint
>Labyrinth of Evil
>Star Wars Episode III
>The Rise of Darth Vader
>Kenobi
>Darth Plageuis
>The Darth Bane trilogy
>Tales of the Jedi
>Dark Empire
>Crimson Empire
>Dawn of the Jedi
>Legacy
>The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series
>X-Wing/TIE Fighter series
>Knights of the Old Republic I and II
>Republic Commando
The EU wasn't all trash.
>>
EU fans think people like John Ostrander made meaningful contributions to Star Wars lore, so they can't really be taken seriously.
>>
>>78265470
Lack of lightsaber knees.
>>
>>78265504
>Thrawn Trilogy
>X-wing series
>the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy
>the Hand of Thrawn Duology
>Darth Plageuis
>The Darth Bane trilogy
>Dark Empire
>Crimson Empire
>The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series
>X-Wing/TIE Fighter series
>Knights of the Old Republic I and II
>Republic Commando

These are the only good ones you posted.
>>
>>78265479
>>78265491

This is hilarious coming from people who ate up a shittier version of Caedus.

>>78265497

Just wait until Episode VIII and IX
>>
>>78265521

He was shitty and amusing as a loser on purpose though, instead of shitty and amusingly badly-written Jacen.
>>
>>78265517
>Thrawn
>Plagueis
>Darth Bane

These are the only good ones you posted.
>>
>>78265530
>Darth Bane Trilogy

This is the only good one you posted.
>>
>>78265528
>He was shitty and amusing as a loser on purpose though,

Bad writing on purpose is still bad writing.
>>
>>78265550
Bane?
>>
>>78265396
I don't know where exactly I'd fall on the scale, but there's not a lot that I miss (it's mainly KOTOR, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight and the generally more optimistic future after Palpatine's death that I miss). I understand why they did it and we've gotten some good new stuff out of it. Besides, some elements of the old EU have made their way into the new canon.
>>
>>78265563

>I can't read
>>
I liked how they made it s point to show Chewie's weapon fucking people up and straight up murdering people left and right the whole movie and then when he hits Kylo with it just slows him down enough to put him on an even playing field with another strong Force user.
>>
>>78265396
The only EU I cared about was The Old Republic setting, and that's still going as its own thing.
>>
>Finn thinks you can escape the system in a TIE fighter
Unless TIEs are now hyperdrive-equipped, you're not going to get very far
>>
>>78265504
The list of trash is hundreds of times as long as the list of actual good content you just posted. (Not all of which everyone will agree with, either.)

Disney looked at this festering pit of crap, saw a few gems in it, and went "Nah, not worth getting our hands dirty." and just threw it all away.

Now some authors and creators are going back and pulling some of the gems out of the crap again, but still. Disney did the only thing that could have been expected.
>>
Anybody has the Phasma page from that ep VII guide? Haven't seen it posted yesterday
>>
File: darth_maul_21.jpg (176KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_21.jpg
176KB, 768x1000px
Never ever
>>
Why didn't they jump their X-wings through the shield just like the Millennium Falcon? Why send amateur commandos to take the shield down at all?
>>
>>78265491
Fuck off man. I enjoyed the hell out of both.
>>
>>78265602

They say in the guidebook that the two-seater TIE they steal has a hyperdrive, yeah.
>>
>>78265563
It's good writing you mong. Making Kylo insecure and vulnerable instead of an uber badass made him unique and kinda relatable. It also made him unpredictable, so you never really knew what he'd do next.
>>
>>78265623
Did you see the Falcon successfully land?

Had the X-Wings tried that you would have had 95% casualties before the battle even began.
>>
>>78265587
People are laughing at Kylo for losing to Rey and Finn when he just took a crossbow shot like a champ. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>78265640
>Did you see the Falcon successfully land?
The Falcon was actually trying to fly low and fast and land to avoid detection. X-wings just need to fly straight in and empty their entire complement of proton torpedoes at the oscillator.
>>
>>78265660
It was tossing people around the whole movie and Kylo just took it right in the stomach and only took a knee and then chased them down and had a prolonged fight. Dude is a beast.
>>
>>78265669
The Falcon almost nosed dive into the cliff side also. The reason Han didnt tell Leia is because it was a terrible idea and he knew it and didnt want to worry her.
>>
>>78265660
That was great.
Just take the thing that threw fucks meters away straight to the gut, and be relatively okay.
>>
>>78264994
Back to /tv/ with you
>>
>>78264730
Without an Emperor there can be no Empire. Shortly before he powers up the Death Star 2.0 in RotJ the Emperor says that he gave control to the local governors/administrators of each location/planet, seeing as he could do whatever the fuck he wanted now that he could blow up a planet on moment's notice.

His+Vader's death would have left a huge power vacuum in the remnants of the empire which would naturally have lead to a power struggle between all the different factions, weakening them and making them easy pickings for the Rebellion/Republic which was now stronger than ever. The First Order is likely a collection of remnants of the Empire that managed to get their shit together relatively quickly due to Snoke's influence/power.
>>
>>78265587
I thought he was going to pull a Clint Eastwood and reveal he was wearing armor underneath the robe.
>>
>>78265711

fuck off back to tumblr first you fucking disney shill
>>
>>78265789

Sorry buddy, but the majority of posters in here liked the movie.

You seriously might have more fun on /tv/.
>>
>>78265639

>Making Kylo insecure and vulnerable instead of an uber badass made him unique and kinda relatable.

Yeah, sure, if you're fifteen years old.
>>
>>78263928

Shit/10

Too many plot holes, contrivances and a lack of lore.

Not to mention no fucking Mon Cal. Cruisers and Star Destroyers shooting each other up.
>>
>>78265799
>Sorry buddy, but the majority of posters in here liked the movie.

So what? Fuck all your shit taste.
>>
There's only one question in my head right now:

Who was the old guy at the start? The "old ally" the intro mentioned.
>>
>>78265826

He's a new character, but he's probably going to tie into Rogue One.
>>
>>78265826

>Who was the old guy at the start?

Donut Steel
>>
What was the First Order's plan? Given how long it takes to charge their laser and the need to move around to find new stars to leech off they can't possibly blow up more than a handful of worlds before the New Republic navy shows up with a dozen Star Destroyers and a Super Star Destroyer and pounds them into dust easily thanks to the fact that the First Order only has like one Star Destroyer. hanging around the base.
>>
>>78265639
>It's good writing you mong.

No it isn't.

>Making Kylo insecure and vulnerable instead of an uber badass made him unique

Your reading/viewing circle is so narrow that it excluses even /co/ staples like ATLA if you really believe this.

>and kinda relatable.

You should be ashamed to admit that Darth Tryhard is relatable to you.

>It also made him unpredictable, so you never really knew what he'd do next.

No, it didn't. His reactions to shit going wrong were throwing tantrums and complaining before Snoke/Vader's helmet, not much range here.
>>
>>78265857

It's like the dude is some kind of Sithaboo rather than a genuine Sith or Dark Jedi, and they think it makes him look deep when it just makes him look pathetic.
>>
>>78265847

But muh entire fleet was taken out!

No, that's what we're supposed to believe happened when a few NR worlds were hit.

There had to be many warships out on patrol and docked somewhere that Leia could have called in. Shit, Ackbar would have had ties back home and should have been able to call in help against the Starkiller.

It's shit. Complete shit.
>>
>>78265847
Apparently the Republic doesn't have that great of a fleet and they were probably incredibly shaken after their capital was vaporized. Lost their heads of government, had to decide what to do next, blah blah. Who knows how much ships/what kind they actually have.
>>
>>78265885

Why wasn't the capital Coruscant again?
>>
>>78265887
They want to distance themselves from the Empire by having a changing capital by election
>>
>>78265887
They said it was to convince any permanently butthurt separatist worlds that "things would be different now."
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 333x194px
Just got back from the movie.
>be me Tuesday night
>"what's this msw hubbub about?"
>eventually get the right article
>Jacen and Jaina rehashed, with a lightsaber surviving re-entry to jakku, being the main focus/motivator for the first half of the movie, Maz Kanata leads a force vision seance to reveal the Jacen-Jaina rehash plot, and really straight forward too.
>call out this for being a load of shit, some EU kiddy probably projected his favorite story onto the articles he said he used to make the summary article
>assdamage intensifies, challenged I'll eat my words come release night
>mfw none of what I mentioned happened at all, blood relation of Kylo and Rey never even came up once
Feels good man
>inb4 "whatever, why rub it in faggot, typical Internet tough guy, let it go"
Nah I think I'll enjoy that shoddy prediction being nothing more than just that. I finally get to be on this side of things. After a dozen people verbally reaming me for having a different opinion, I think I've earned a little fun.
Oh and Rey didn't feel like a Mary Sue either, just like an untrained force wielder amongst non-force sensitives, the movie was outstanding, go fucking see the movie. Especially since you don't "know the plot" anymore.
>>
>>78264895
I think after feeling Han's death and Rey's THE FORCE AWAKENSâ„¢ Luke triggered him remotely by calling him a faggot.
>>
Why do both the Republic and the Empire want a one Galaxy Government? Doesn't that make both sides evil.
>>
>>78263928

Disappointment/10.

The very first SW movie I'm unlikely to rewatch on the big screen. There is simply nothing of particular visual interest. Action was good, I admit, maybe better than any previous episode but RotS, but the selling point of SW was not choreography of action but visual spectacle, seeing something you've never seen on the screen before in every new episode. And in this aspect TFA does not deliver. The most imaginative things in the whole movie were Kylo stopping a blaster bolt and the Star Destroyer escape sequence at the beginning. Everything after the first 15 minutes was just remixing of what already was in the previous movies, or just shamefully mundane (the Starkiller's weakpoint being merely a big building in your normal forest, instead of, I don't know, having the dogfight happen alongside the fuckhuge wall, carved for hundreds of miles into the planet).
>>
>>78265898
>>78265899

But Coruscant was the capital of the Old Republic for far longer than it was the capital of the Empire. If anything, restoring Coruscant as the capital of the New Republic would show would be reclaiming an icon of intergalactic democracy from the hands of Imperial tyranny.

This is stupid. This movie is stupid.
>>
>>78265917
How is this idea alone evil?
>>
>>78265907
Congratulations on being such a big man for all of us.
>>
literally no memorable pieces of dialogue. Just disney quips.
>>
>>78265937
It's still an appealing move that makes the Republic seem friendlier and more equal to the galaxy at large. It's mainly just PR like dropping "supreme" from the title of the senate's chancellor.
>>
>>78265937
No see, that's the point. The seat of the Old Republic was where the corruption all started, and where many of the original separatist planets remember suffering so much. The NR was trying to start fresh.
>>
/tv/'s here!
>>
>>78265917
From a certain point of view. Depends if you think freeing people from tyranny because you presume those people share your values of liberty is evil.

That's what the US will never understand about the Middle East (and even Russia). Most people in those places don't actually WANT freedom, it's not the universally revered value they presume it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 562x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 562x669px
>>78265958
Aw shucks anon, you're too kind. All I did was enjoy a movie and not buy into a rumor-based summary.
Anyone with a lick of sense could do it.
>>
>>78265975
Where?
>>
>>78265975
>Someone has a dissenting opinion
>Oh it's just /tv/
>not a person that's disappointed with how easy this movie was and the fact it's more or less a rehash

Look man, I'm not a fan of /tv/ and it's attitudes either, but this movie is not really that interesting to me and many others feel the same, so quit trying to lump their opinions in with a bunch of fools that watch shows for and movies for the memes.
>>
>>78265967
>>78265968

That's just retarded.
>>
>>78265907

>Kylo
>not just a shitty version of Jacen
>implying Rey won't be revealed to have Skywalker and/or Solo blood.
>>
>>78266017
But real life governments do things just to seem appealing to the public at large too. It might seem silly but it makes perfect sense especially since they supplanted a government everyone hated
>>
>>78266030
My favorite part of the film (crowd reaction wise) was when they revealed who Kylo was. Everyone in the audience mumbled things like "Jacen, you dick"
>>
Why was there a map to Luke showing an orange trail connecting planets to each other? Why not just a set of coordinates for the one planet they do want?

Oh, wait, Luke must be hiding in the Maw, right? And this is the only safe way in and out?
>>
>>78266017
If you were living under an oppressive regime for 30+ years (counting the time when palp made things worse specifically to start a war) and then a new government came to power and immediately moved onto the same planet, it might make some people feel like nothing would get better. Especially on the Rim worlds.

New capital means new tone for a new era.
>>
>>78266060
My thought was that it was the Unknown Regions and since it hasn't been charted yet they had to connect it in smaller hops, planet by planet.
>>
>>78266060
I assumed that was the case and it was basically just a hyperspace chart into an uncharted region.
>>
>>78266031

There is no reason for the public to want a change in capital.
>>
>>78266053

i just realized something. most people figured Into Darkness would be a vague remake of Wrath of Khan, and it ended up being basically that. people speculated this would just be a vague remake of Jacen, and it ended up being basically that.
>>
>Chewie one-shot slaughtering people left and right
>doesn't miss once
>suddenly loses his aim when it comes to Kylo
>"oh well okay, he's shaken, it makes sense he wouldn't be focused"
>proceeds to fuck up the Troopers without even looking

eh
>>
>>78266092
"Everyone's home system has a chance to be the capital now" as an idea would be appealing to most though. Especially after being ruled so long by the human-centric Empire.
>>
>>78266103
He hits Kylo right in the ribs. They make a big deal that Kylo is extremely fucked up from the shot.

Not to mention that was a long range shot and the rest of Chewies kills are short range
>>
>>78266103
He didn't miss Kylo.
>>
>>78266077
And now that it's destroyed they'll most likely move back to Coruscant. The new capitol was only there to be destroyed, that was it's only purpose in the movie, to be a sacrificial lamb and to show how badass the First Order was.
>>
>>78266103
It was a much longer range shot than he had taken during the rest of the film.
>>
>>78266077

Again that's stupid, because Coruscant was the seat of the Republic for thousands upon thousands of years. Thirty years of corruption doesn't suddenly make the planet cursed when it was the emblem of a great galactic alliance of star systems for over a thousand generations. People didn't want the Empire gone because they wanted a change they wanted the Empire gone because they wanted a return to something like the Old Republic. It makes far more sense to reclaim the capital of that Republic the Empire supplanted back for it, especially since the last emblem of the Old Republic that Emperor got rid of was the Senate on Coruscant.
>>
>>78266111
>Especially after being ruled so long by the human-centric Empire.

pretty sure human-centricism is no longer canon.

But then I guess so is Coruscant being the seat of the Republic(s) for almost ten thousand years.

fucking disney
>>
>>78266115
I'm assuming they'll head back to the old Jedi Temple on Coruscant in eight or nine. So yeah, they moved for plot convenience, no one's suggesting otherwise, it's just there's an in-universe explanation that makes a fair amount of sense.
>>
>>78266126

TPM novel is probably canon enough
>>
Why does the capital of the NR not being Coruscant bother everyone?
>>
>>78266117
It doesn't matter how many thousands of years it's been. Much like everything else this is a "what have you done lately" universe where the sins of the present are more in people's minds than tradition.

It was that way in the EU too (not that the EU matters) when after Jacen went nuts the Republic started to really distrust the Jedi.
>>
>>78266133
Nitpicking
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 625x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 625x458px
>>78266030
>Rey being kylo's cousin
That was hinted at pretty solidly, what with all the Luke focus time at the end and a couple little bits like that.
>being siblings
Han nor Leia ever brought it up, and in context, that's pretty damning.
That story, the one of the Solo brother and sister? see pic
>>
>>78266053

That makes me happy anon. I figured most people going to see TFA would be too young or casual to know who Jacen is.
>>
>>78266117
People were complaining about the Republic had become incredibly corrupt before TPM. It wasnt 30 years it was hundreds if not more.

The entire point of the Clone Wars was that the Seperatist felt that the Republic didnt care about the mid and outer rim worlds and left.

The moving capitals to mid and outer rim worlds helps give the idea that this New Republic actually does care about all its planets. Not just the Core Worlds.

>>78266133
They wanted the movie to be bad and are looking for any reason no matter how silly to throw a fit about.
>>
>>78266141

Your movie is shit, son. Accept it.
>>
>>78266150
>this New Republic actually does care about all its planets
But it doesn't, in less than thirty years it's the same bureaucratic shithole that the Old Republic was in it's waning years. How the fuck was that progress?
>>
>>78266150

>The entire point of the Clone Wars was that the Seperatist felt that the Republic didnt care about the mid and outer rim worlds and left.
>The moving capitals to mid and outer rim worlds helps give the idea that this New Republic actually does care about all its planets.

The Separatists were led by Sith pawns and corporate slave traders and while not all the Separatist worlds were bad, they lost the fucking war and have no right to demand shit. That's like Jackson letting the leaders of Confederate States back into Congress and actually letting them vote on things. Fuck em.

>They wanted the movie to be bad and are looking for any reason no matter how silly to throw a fit about.

Calling out what is clearly just a convenient excuse to have an "important" planet blow up is not silly.
>>
>>78266156
Difference is that we'll get more f it and it could get better, unlike your canon
>>
>>78266217
Would it really have changed the plot to be better or worse if they blew up Coruscant instead. Sure it would've had more impact to destroy an established location but I feel like the whole point was that the New Republic is crippled now but not completely wiped out.
>>
>>78266060
>Why was there a map to Luke showing an orange trail connecting planets to each other? Why not just a set of coordinates for the one planet they do want?

Hyperspace routes in general are not point-to-point, but have to make multiple jumps to maneuver around large gravity wells.
>>
File: 1448087181949.png (204KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1448087181949.png
204KB, 361x691px
>>78266256

>it could get better
>>
>>78266274
Unlike your EU I'm not dead so nah, I'll keep posting
>>
>>78266260
Would the First Order go that far? Would they do something that drastic? We might see in the future though. But yeah, this was nothing but a plot convenience and a flimsy one at that. The planet served no purpose other than to be destroyed.

The New Republic are somehow even more inept than both the Empire and the Old Republic.
>>
>>78266260
It'd feel like an extremely childish attack on the prequels
>>
>>78263928
It felt like the Dark Knight Rises, fun to watch the first time, but had kind of dubs once you start really thinking about it.
>>
File: TFA Sample.png (106KB, 679x858px) Image search: [Google]
TFA Sample.png
106KB, 679x858px
Anyone got the novel for the film?
>>
>>78266198
I didnt say they succeed. I said their goal.

>>78266217
Who said the Seperatist demanded anything? It was probably Mon Monthma's idea
>>
This trilogy is gonna be the Legend of Korra of Star Wars. I can already feel it.
>>
so /co/ got around to hating on the movie already?
>>
>>78266316
I personally don't give a shit about Canon vs. EU because I'm not a content creator. but holy shit this movie was boring. I didn't hype myself up and have wild theories or grandiose thoughts, I went into this movie with a clear head and a willingness to see new things, but here's the kicker, there wasn't anything new to the table, it was the same shit I've seen before and boringly written to boot. Bringing in the EU vs. Canon argument to tell everyone how great this movie was(which it wasn't, it was lacking) is retarded, and tells me you yourself have nothing good to say but somehow bring the EU into this conversation to win an argument.
>>
>>78266350
What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>78266350
So VII was mediocre and a bit disappointing, VIII will be absolute dogshit and IX will be good but too little too late?
>>
>>78264823
>>devouring a sun takes fifteen minutes
I thought it was fifteen minutes when the Resistance arrived. They'd already begun harvesting the sun when the Resistance got word of what was happening.
>>
>>78266363
it's split 50/50
>>
>>78266388
SUCKING A FUCKING STAR
LITERALLY EATING A SUN
>>
>>78266340
The New Republic was so damn inept that they allowed this First Order to live and allow them to get the resources to build a superweapon. They also wouldn't help those people in the crosshairs of the FO and their tyrannical ways. They are INEPT in every sense of the word and got their own Capitol World destroyed as a result.
>>
>>78266397
Well why do you think it's called the Starkiller?
>>
>>78266391
http://strawpoll.me/6291092/r

Yeah, right.
>>
>>78266408
I just didn't think it would suck them.
I thought it would shoot at them and make them implode.
I thought it's name would be literal.
>>
>>78266408
Because it destroys a starsystem?
>>
>>78266198
>in less than thirty years it's the same bureaucratic shithole that the Old Republic was in it's waning years
Source on that?
>>
>>78266416
Well, it is literal.
>>
>>78266413
>strawpoll
>>
>>78266430

Don't be so bitter.
>>
>>78266416
So it should have been called Starsucker base?
>>
>>78266422
The novels and TFA
>>
>>78266435
because it sucked?
>>
>>78266439
More specific sources? Like actual examples from the novels and TFA?
>>
>>78266435
Well, they did code-name it 'Sunsucker'.
>>
>>78266434
Dont get me wrong, I liked the film
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186KB, 900x1200px
Was the planet Luke was on Rakata Prime? It looks like it could be in that location and it matches what we've seen of the planet before.
>>
>>78266363
It was good, but not great.

It seems like with /co/, it either has to be the greatest thing ever or it's shit.
>>
Rank 'em, /co/

5>4>7>6>3>>1>>>2
>>
>>78266506
>rating 7 that high
>rating it above the prequels

Faggot
>>
>>78266435
>>78266451
Sun Spitter
>>
>>78266506
5>3>7>4>6>>>>2>1
>>
>>78266506
5>4>3>7>1>2
>>
>>78266524
oops, 6 is supposed to be between 7 and 1
>>
>>78266400
And what does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

I said the Old Republic was corrupt for hundreds of years and the New Republic tried to change things by doing a PR campaign that involved changing their capital.

No one gives a shit if the NR is inept. We are talking WHY they made a decision they did. Not if they succeeded
>>
>>78266506
5>4>3>7>6>>>>>>>>1>2

I've enjoyed at least 5/7 movies, no bad
>>
File: 1444223952234.png (1008KB, 665x711px) Image search: [Google]
1444223952234.png
1008KB, 665x711px
>>78266506
>>78266521
>>78266538

>all these faggots hating on Return of Jedi
>rating it below TFA
>>
>>78266517
Dude everyone agrees it is better then the prequels. A lot of people are waiting it higher the RotJ.

From the sounds of it popular opinion is 5>4>7>6>3> the other 2 movies.

Note the above is not my order.
>>
>>78266562
ewoks ruined it for me
>>
>>78266562
Ewoks.
>>
>>78263928
7/10
>>
>>78266566

Everyone knows the proper order is supposed 5>6>4>3>1>2

7 belongs either below the prequels or below 4 but above the prequels. Anything else is pure heresy.
>>
>>78266562
The ewoks.
>>
>>78266562
Ewoks sucked. I feel like they piss me off more than they should.
>>
File: ewok.jpg (286KB, 1013x896px) Image search: [Google]
ewok.jpg
286KB, 1013x896px
>>78266573
>>78266585
>>78266602
>>78266612

get nub'd
>>
>>78266590
I feel like most people are going to claim ANH is above RotJ (I agree do prefer RotJ over ANH)

Anyone who claims 7 is below the prequels is a fucking prequel baby who wanted the movie to be bad and is refusing to give it a fair treatment.
>>
File: welp.png (374KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
374KB, 651x434px
Can we all agree the worst line/exchange in the entire movie was the Kessel run bit? Good Christ.
>>
>>78266628
I laughed at that.
Thought it was funny.
>>
The best part of Episode 7 is knowing Rogue One is next.
>>
>>78266641
>tfw we are going to see the empire in full HD modern glory with beautiful cgi
what a time to be alive
>>
>>78266628
Felt forced. And most of the other jokes worked.
>>
>>78266637
Agreed. A lot of good humor in the movie.
>>
File: KyloRen.png (2MB, 1500x1136px) Image search: [Google]
KyloRen.png
2MB, 1500x1136px
Has anyone in the history of Star Wars ever jobbed so hard?
>>
>>78266660
I don't think he jobbed.
>>
>>78266660
>kylo
>jobbed
did people even watch the film?? I want /tv/ to leave
>>
>>78266506
5>4>6>7>1>3>2
The characters and their interactions just felt more fun and natural in TFA than the prequels ever did (I honestly have to wonder if Lucas is genuinely autistic given that all the dialogue he writes sounds so unnatural), so despite its somewhat disappointing re-hashed main plot it has to take precedence. I'm excited to see where they take the new characters next, all of whom are enjoyable to watch and portrayed by talented actors.
>>
>>78266626
>Anyone who claims 7 is below the prequels is a fucking prequel baby who wanted the movie to be bad and is refusing to give it a fair treatment.

Or just someone who recognizes a glib facsimile when they one.

>>78266647

Yeah, I can't wait for Disney to just make a bunch of Nazi allusions in high definition either.
>>
>>78266685
TFA's only saving grace, to me, is how real everybody felt.

That alone makes me rank it above the prequels.
>>
>>78266685
>(I honestly have to wonder if Lucas is genuinely autistic given that all the dialogue he writes sounds so unnatural)

Lucas admits that dialogue has always been his weakest point and that he really hates writing it himself
>>
File: Yaddles_Tale.jpg (68KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Yaddles_Tale.jpg
68KB, 250x310px
>>78264546
We've already seen a female Yoda, Yaddle from the background of Phantom Menace's Jedi Council
>>
>>78266647
Oh god, didn't even think of that. We're going to see the realistic effects and characterization of the First Order transfered to the Empire.
>>
>>78266703

I rank the prequels above it because I'd rather have C grade original work with some unique ideas that just falls flat than B grade plagiarism that brings nothing new to table and just banks on nostalgia and meme hate for the prequels.
>>
>>78266693
And it is STILL better then the prequels.

The prequels failed in EVERY department except maybe an original story but it was still a terrible one.

TFA has great characters, great action, humor, and it actually looked good.

Its weakness was plot but Ill take a plot we have seen before and is decent over a new plot that is terrible. That is also what they were going for. Go for an average but safe plot and focus on the characters
>>
>>78263928
8/10

May be a bit too "safe" but at least felt SW.

The only true negative point are the villains, when the main villain reveal his faces is like "wow its fucking nothing"
>>
>>78266337
If only Matt Stover had written it
>>
File: isabelle.png (22KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
isabelle.png
22KB, 215x194px
Wait, why the hell was it called The Force Awakens?
>>
>>78263928
Pretty decent, certainly better than Episodes 1 and 2/10
>>
>>78266756
It awakens.
In Rey.
Or something.
>>
>>78266756
>There's been an awakening.

Didn't really specify what awoke tho
>>
Who else hyped for Rogue One? I was more hyped for that than The Force Awakens.

Actually, after seeing the realistic, gritty fighting in Force Awakens, I'm more excited for Rogue One.
>>
>>78266756
The Force has been sleeping since Luke went into exile.
>>
>>78266735
>The prequels failed in EVERY department

Except they didn't. You're just trying to fit in because at some point you realized the hip thing to do was participate in a competition to see who could hate them more.

The fact that people like you have the audacity to condemn the prequels and praise this kind of garbage just shows you never knew what was wrong with the prequels to begin with.

>>78266737
>but at least felt SW.

I hate this shit. This is the same kind of shit Marvel movies and stuff pull. Rather than trying to make more ambitious works of fiction, they resign themselves to just creating an "experience" that pulls the right emotional strings. Each Star Wars had its own unique feel and that's what made some of them at least so great. The feel of Empire Strikes Back and RotJ are very different from the feel of A New Hope. Likewise, with the prequels, even if they weren't that good, they each had their own "feel". What people are describing as the "SW feel" of the Force Awakens is just a politically correct and sugar coated way of saying it's a carbon copy of A New Hope.
>>
>>78266803
I was also more excited for Rogue One then I was for 7 and I was pretty hyped for this movie.

A fucking year to wait is going to kill me
>>
>Rogue One in 2016
>Episode 8 in 2017
>Han Solo in 2018
>Episode 9 in 2019
>Another spin-off in 2020

I'm excited, but doesn't this feel like too much? People are getting burned out on Marvel. It'd be a tragedy if people actually started to get tired of new Star Wars.
>>
>>78266803
>>78266832
If Rogue One has the looks and aesthetics of Episode 7 set in the OT, my hype will be through the roof.
>>
>>78266729
>just banks on nostalgia and meme hate for the prequels
Why other people choose to like it or not is their business. I like it for the characters, you won't get very far if you're automatically presuming people like it for a different reason than the one they're telling you. I don't think the prequels are terrible, I think they're decidedly mediocre (but I'm still glad they were made since they have a decent overall story, and brought some good ideas that were then used to much better effect in TCW).

>>78266756
Anyone else get the feeling of the Force (or those who can use it) becoming stronger? Kylo's ability to rip thoughts directly from people's heads and not just deflect but stop blasters in mid air and Rey's success at persuading the guard to let her go in such specific terms when she's had no training at all would seem to indicate that. Hopefully it's not just power creep.
>>
>>78266830
What the hell did it do right?

CGI? Fucking shit, everything looked fake as hell because the actors are standing infront of blue screens. (See AotC Anakin and Padme in the factory)
Action? Lightsaber duels were overly flippy complete shit instead of trying to actually fight each other.
Characters? Terrible written all of them. (Lucas fault, I know the actors can all act) They are all carboard cut outs.
Humor? none
Plot? Holy crap the number of problems with the plot in each movie would take way to long but Ill highlight a few of the big ones just off the top of my head. Everything on Tatooine, the Clones are simply accepted wide armed by the Republic, they make no effort to say it is a bad idea and conscript their own force, Anakin isnt even seduced by the darkside, he is tricked. Lets not forget about things like the virgin Mary I mean Shimi and some super special prophecy story arch.

Dude the prequels were fucking terrible, oh but I forgot im on /co/ where the prequel babies are hang out at.

But please say 1 thing they succeeded in. Beyond Coruscant looks nice and Obi-wan was a good look for the role.
>>
>>78266908
Didn't Vader stop a blaster bolt in mid-air in Twilight whatever it was?
>>
>>78264184

Coruscant and the other Core worlds are still under control of the Empire proper. The First Order is a rogue element based in the Unknown Regions.

The New Republic and the Galactic Empire have a peace treaty. It's almost certainly going to turn into a Cold War if it isn't one already.

The New Republic elects a new capital every now and then, and the government then moves to the new location. It's like the Olympics but it's a government.

[Spoiler]yfw this is pretty much exactly what the Separatists said they wanted and now it has come to pass[/spoiler]
>>
>>78266950
>Humor? none
There was, but it was all comedy stretches performed by Jar-Jar or R2 and 3PO that were otherwise unconnected to the plot or their relationships with other characters. The relationships between major characters in both the OT and TFA have fitting moments of humor written into them that give you a sense of their personalities - Something I don't think happened once in the prequels, they all just shot smug one-liners at each other. And that's all down to dialogue quality, which is what really ruined the prequels.
>>
>>78267067
>The New Republic elects a new capital every now and then
nope
>>
>>78267152
Well they have to now.
>>
>>78264299
she was there to be the boba fett of the film
>>
File: padawanhoek.png (391KB, 900x501px) Image search: [Google]
padawanhoek.png
391KB, 900x501px
First for Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78267200
>not making Hux Stimpy
Missed opportunity
>>
>>78266950
>CGI? Fucking shit,

So, you're just a fucking idiot who's willing to tell obvious lies to prove your point.

Go and stay go.
>>
>all these people fighting over OT vs prequels vs TFA

Who else /likedeverything/ here?

I mean, the prequels were definitely flawed and 1 and 2 weren't good, but I could find something to like about every Star Wars film.
>>
>>78265396
3/10, I liked a few things
>>
>>78266908

>Why other people choose to like it or not is their business. I like it for the characters, you won't get very far if you're automatically presuming people like it for a different reason than the one they're telling you. I don't think the prequels are terrible, I think they're decidedly mediocre (but I'm still glad they were made since they have a decent overall story, and brought some good ideas that were then used to much better effect in TCW).

I actually agree with you on that. For me though, even if TFA is a "good movie" from a technical perspective, I'd rank the prequels above it for having more actual guts. A lot of hard work went into those movies and for everything they did wrong, they introduced a lot of stuff that expanded the Star Wars universe and made it feel more rich, thanks to Lucas and a team of talented artists, designers and choreographer. And some holes as far as writing goes were filled in quite well by Expanded Universe materials (not to say that justifies the holes being there in Lucas' script to begin with but I'd say Lucas' problem was that everything he probably had in mind couldn't fit into three movies).
>>
>>78266735
>And it is STILL better then the prequels.

No. It's vastly inferior.

>TFA has great characters,

With either no characterization whatsoever beyond skillz, or terrible and inconsistent one, like a guy supposedly raised to be an obedient cog in the machine from childhood suddenly acting like anything but, and gunning down his former comrades without the slightest hesitation despite being supposedly moved by death of one of them.

>humor

Two good jokes don't make a movie

>and it actually looked good.

You need to have your eyes checked, because TFA is objectively the most visually unimpressive and poorly designed of all Star Wars movies. And everything decent in it is copy-pasted from its precedessorts, while everything remotely original, like Kylo Ren's shuttle or the Starkiller Base is completely forgettable.
>>
>>78265396
How butt hurt am I? 8/10 originally, 5/10 after some time and now 7/10 since I've seen what they've done with the new continuity.

I did understand and sympathise with Disney, mostly on the basis that there was a lot of shit in the old EU that needed to be swept away. But fuck, they're not really doing that good a job with their "clean-slate".
>>
>>78266950

>Lightsaber duels were overly flippy complete shit instead of trying to actually fight each other.

While I do feel that some of the lightsaber duels lacked the emotional drive that made the lightsaber battles in the OT superior (which made up for some of their rather simplistic choreography btw), I thought quite a few of the lightsaber battles in the PT had a nice feel to them as well. I don't have a problem with the more fanciful choreography you call "overly flippy" so much because it's a fucking movie. If I had your mindstate, I couldn't even enjoy Jackie Chan movies because it's clearly choreographed and not likely to be how most real martial artists fight in a real non-choreographed combat situation. But many of the battles had a nice drive and energy which unlike the OT duels, help give a sense that these battles are taking place in a golden age of Jedi culture. Episode III I do think went a little too far though, especially with Sidious.

>the Clones are simply accepted wide armed by the Republic, they make no effort to say it is a bad idea and conscript their own force,

Attack of the Clones did acknowledge that the Senate would never vote for the use of the Clones. Remember they never proposed to the Senate to use clones specifically, they only voted to give the Chancellor as set of emergency powers that would allow him to quickly conscript a military force of his choosing to protect the Republic. They just left out the part about him enlisting clones. But by the time the Senate would realize the force that Palpatine created, they wouldn't have the power to object because they gave it up (the politics of the clones and the Senate was explored a little in TCW). Also considering the debate over a republic even having army in general, it's understandable if some favored the overwhelming use clones rather than their own people to do the bulk of the fighting, even if they did question how Palpatine got it so fast.
>>
File: GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png (212KB, 369x394px) Image search: [Google]
GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png
212KB, 369x394px
>>78267381
Same. Idiots are too obsessed with getting into "your taste is shit and mine's not" arguments so they can earn those coveted imaginary internet patrician points they love so much. I went to the theaters and enjoyed myself, and that's all that matters for me.
>>
>>78267449

>How butt hurt am I? 8/10 originally, 5/10 after some time and now 7/10 since I've seen what they've done with the new continuity.

I felt some of the same way, I was never opposed to starting fresh with a new timeline as I too noticed it was too convoluted at least in the area of the Post-RotJ and Clone Wars era, but I was hoping that Disney's clean slate would be more like TCW's wiping out or retconning Darkhorse Clone Wars canon to make way for the show. The Clone Wars actually had a much more sophisticated approach to the issue I think.

I became more angry as I saw some of what Disney was doing.
>>
did anyone storytime the vader annual?
>>
>>78267662
I don't think that or this week's Kanan got storytimed. There's a MEGA link in the OP where you can download them, though.
>>
I seriously think you people are just memeing. TFA has some flaws, but it still is a great Star Wars movie and easily on par with the OT. The humor felt completely natural, the cinematography was beautiful, not a single scene in the movie was boring or uninteresting and the acting performances, the dialogue and the chemistry between the characters were incredible. Kylo Ren is an amazing villain with great potential and Finn and Poe are just bros. It's amazing how much better than the prequels this movie was and yet some people here are nitpicking it to death because muh Lucas or muh EU.
>>
File: 1443157497166.png (221KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
1443157497166.png
221KB, 500x630px
With the release of the new trilogy try hard contrarians are slowly going to start praising the prequels and how post 90s Lucas is a visionary
What a time to be alive
>>
>>78267824

jokes on you, I always felt the prequels' good qualities were under-appreciated by internet neckbeards.
>>
>>78264000
She got a new outfit for the final scene
>>
>>78263885
This.
>>78263896
Agree.
>>78263901
New Rogues Squadron game where you play as Poe fighting against the First Order when?
>>
>>78267782
My argument isn't that the film was shit, or even bad. All I'm saying is that the inclusion of starkiller base turned what was a really exciting well-made film in the first half into a rushed re-hashing of ANH in the second.

And this had wider ramifications. It meant that they couldn't expand on the political/military situation, there was less time for serious character development, and we were less emotionally invested in the peripheral characters in the end.

It was still a solid 7/10, but it had the potential to be much better. And I'm hoping that the slightly shaky start will be gone by the next film where they'll finally take it in a much more original direction.
>>
>>78267876
>New Rogues Squadron game where you play as Poe fighting against the First Order when?

Probably never because Poe wasn't in Rogue Squadron, and it seems as if the Rogues are being turned from ace-fighter pilots into a special forces ground team.

Although a re-make of the x-wing/tie-fighter games with The Resistance would be beautiful.
>>
File: 1371059012067.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1371059012067.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>78267929
Autism pls.
When I say Rogues Squadron game, you know exactly the type of game I'm talking about. Gimme a new one like that where I play as Poe, or alongside him yesterday PLEASE!
>yfw when you see his black fighter while flying around buttfucking the First Order
>>
>>78267782
>easily on par with the OT
Nah. It was good, but not THAT good, and the issues it has narratively keeps it from being as good as any of the OT.
>>
>>78267886
I don't disagree, I think Starkiller Base was a complete waste, the movie was too rushed and there should have been more time devoted to explore the new characters a little bit more. But every time TFA did something good, it was really good. Han's death scene will definitely become iconic and the village sequence at the beginning showed us for the first time how terrifying stormtroopers can be. Then we got some amazing new force powers, a complex new villain and a very well choreographed lightsaber battle that felt raw and real.
>>
>>78267824
That picture is so tumblr that my laptop suddenly grew unnaturally colored hair and thick glasses Jesus Christ.
>>
>>78263928
(Chewie ;_; + Have anons already started calling my waifu Rey a Mary Sue? + Finn gonna be a Jedi fags on suicide watch)/10
>>
>>78267988
It is better than ROTJ. There are no dumb ewok-like creatures, stormtroopers are far more competent and Han actually had an character arc again.
>>
File: 1430472870150.jpg (37KB, 500x592px) Image search: [Google]
1430472870150.jpg
37KB, 500x592px
>>78267929
>Absolutely destroying Resistance fighters in a TIE Fighter with your best bud tailgunning
Sweet Jesus, I need this
>>
>>78266363
Only the /tv/ mogoloids hate the movie, and they hated it since the first trailer.
>>
>>78268025
Ewoks weren't dumb, faggot, and even if they were, ROTJ's good moments more than make up for it.
>>
>>78267929
Oh boy, I can't wait to play all of two ships for an entire game
>>
>>78268025

>hating on ewoks

yub nub, faggot
>>
>>78268072
Yes, just like TFA's good moments more than make up for its flaws.
>>
>>78267824
That process began ages ago, people round here have been doing that pretty much since the new movies were announced.
>>
>>78267886
>My argument isn't that the film was shit, or even bad. All I'm saying is that the inclusion of starkiller base turned what was a really exciting well-made film in the first half into a rushed re-hashing of ANH in the second.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. I avoided almost all spoilers and was really getting into the film until Death Star 3: Death Star with a Vengeance was revealed at which point me and my friend turned to each other with the same hansoloreactionface.jpg look on our faces. It was still enjoyable but holy fuck, there is more than one plot out there in the world JJ. I like the new characters a lot though, more than I expected to and their interactions with each other are a lot more fun to watch than say, interaction between anyone in the prequels. So I can't claim to have not enjoyed it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (76KB, 754x960px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
76KB, 754x960px
>>78264505
Maz? Thought she'd be a crimelord with how pic related described her castle, and the fact she keeps little Dr. Frankensteins in it.

Was actually pleasantly surprised. I liked her.
>>
>>78268086
Sure, and TFA isn't bad... But it's no OT. I mean, it can't be as good as ANH when it IS ANH but less effective at everything it does.
>>
>>78267782
>TFA has some flaws, but it still is a great Star Wars movie and easily on par with the OT.

Degraded carbon copy on par with the original? Statements like that is how you recognize a fanboy.

>the cinematography was beautiful

No. The cinematography was the most degraded element of all, with almost every classic Star Wars element gone, and about two memorable shots for the entire film. You're clearly mistaking it for fights choreography, which was good, but not capable of saving the films by itself.
>>
>>78268149
>But it's no OT.
No shit Sherlock. Nothing will ever be the OT. You need to learn to enjoy things on their own.
>>
>>78264679

Should've just been barefoot to be honest
>>
>>78268177
This conversation started because someone said they were on par with the OT. Please keep up.
>>
>>78265432
You know Pablo wrote this book right?
>>
>>78268244
I doubt Pablo was the one that annotated every single diagram though. Dude's got more important shit to do.
>>
>>78268025
>stormtroopers are far more competent

Topkeke. I have not yet had a chance to count, but I think more stormtroopers were cut down (while hardly ever trying to take cover) in this movie than in VI + V combined, and the only named character to be even bruised by a stormtrooper was a fellow (former) stormtrooper.

TFA was fun to watch, but defensiveness and delusion of its fans are amazing.

>Han actually had an character arc again.

Rolling back every single bit of character development is called "rape" not "arc".
>>
How long till this is retconed to be episode 10 and episodes 7 8 9 are about Jacen falling to the dark side.
>>
>>78268276
Besides getting bothered by the Rebels Recon thing, what does he actually do besides make the canon work?
>>
>>78268279
>Rolling back every single bit of character development is called "rape" not "arc".
Reverting character progression because of a traumatic experience is still an arc, you moron. Just because it's negative character progression doesn't mean that cancels out what it is.
>>
Does Ackbar say his catchphrase?
>>
>>78268335
Thankfully he doesn't. I can see JJ wanting to put it in along with all the other pointless bits of fan service, but thankfully he (or someone else) drew a line at that.
>>
>>78264070
>At least Snoke looked legitimately spooky,

Snoke looks like a cross between Gollum and that white orc from the Hobbit who dresses like Voldemort. And he;s like 30 feet tall. Actually, he reminds me of one of those giants from Jack the Giantslayer.

He's the one few things I can say that I earnestly disliked about the movie.
>>
>>78268374
It's okay anon, he'll be normal human sized when he gets a real reveal in later movies.
>>
>>78268293
You mean Ben?
>>
>>78268397

SHUT

UP
>>
>>78263928
9/10. The more I think about it in retrospect, the more it cracks, but I thought it was a perfect movie while watching it.
>>
>>78268335
Was that Ackbar? I thought it was just a random Calimari and not him since his name was never spoken.
>>
>>78268374
>he;s like 30 feet tall.
Holograms. How the fuck do they work? Or did you think Sheev had a 20 foot tall head because of his holo in Empire?
>>
File: 1448336662021.jpg (50KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1448336662021.jpg
50KB, 620x348px
>>78268385
>Tfw I realised that Snoke is basically The Wizard of Oz.
>>
>people hate an akin being a whiny shit
>people love edgy the oc being a whiny shit

Ebin
>>
>>78268405
>>78266141's pic related.
>>
So is it a stretch that Ezra would show up in a future Star Wars movie? Like VIII or IX?
>>
>>78268321
>Reverting character progression because of a traumatic experience is still an arc, you moron. Just because it's negative character progression doesn't mean that cancels out what it is.

Listen, we both know that "traumatic experience" was just a thinly veiled excuse for reverting Han to his Ep.IV personality, so you can stop pretending to be retarded.

But rolling his character back also had a side effect of portraying him as a weak and shitty person, because he knew and we all saw that he can do better.
>>
>>78268451
Probably, just because how much of a hard on JJ nd Kasdan had for wanting the movie to have a clean slate (I.e. kill the NJO)
>>
>>78268385
>>78268419

I know he's not actually that big, but making him look that big just put me in the mind of jack the giant slayer because of the other similarities.

Plus the fact that it was a fakeout, and up until the image flickered, we were *supposed* to believe he actually was present and actually was giant.

Compared to Palpatine who we knew was an old man in a hologram projector from his very first appearance.
>>
>>78268417
It's confirmed in the credits that it's him.
>>
>>78268472
>Plus the fact that it was a fakeout, and up until the image flickered, we were *supposed* to believe he actually was present and actually was giant.
...What? You were never supposed to think he was a giant.
>>
>>78268417
They called him Admiral, which was a good indicator.
>>
>>78268471
Speaking of the NJO, we better get some more background on that in the next episode(s). Maybe they can reference that game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy or something because that game was basically Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order.
>>
>>78268431
This time around the writing is actually self-aware of him being a whiny shit, though
>>
>>78268455
>Listen, we both know that "traumatic experience" was just a thinly veiled excuse for reverting Han to his Ep.IV personality, so you can stop pretending to be retarded.

That was his episode V personality too. He and Leia would slap each other one moment and kiss the next, and the only reason he stayed with the rebellion was their relationship.

It was episode VI that they retconned- but only if you draw the conclusion that Han is finally done with being a scoundrel and is ready to settle down with Leia in a happy/drama free relationship.
>>
>>78268504
>...What? You were never supposed to think he was a giant.

Yes you are. His hologram is not a blue see through hologram, like every other hologram in the Star Wars universe. The colors and lighting is the same as the rest of the room/characters.

Until the flicker at the end, there is 0 indication that his image is a hologram.
>>
>>78268431
It's like one of them is well written and performed by a good actor while the other was not.
>>
did we even see the new snowtroopers?

Fucking 3d glasses, couldn't see shit
>>
>>78268431
>>people love edgy the oc being a whiny shit

Anakin is actually Vader.

Kylo Ren is a wannabe Vader who is implied to be a Vader fanboy who is nontheless unable to live up to the true awesomeness that was Vader.

Wannabe posers who ultimately fail are allowed to be lamer than the original they seek to emulate.
>>
>>78268560
How could you miss them? They were literally the first people we see in the movie.
>>
Whos got more information about the guavian enforcers?
>>
>>78268597
those were stormtroopers and flametroopers, there is no snow on jakku
>>
>>78268431
Whiny Anakin sucked because he had the galaxy by the balls, would grow to have even more by the balls, but was just a complete bitch most of the time. Ben at least came off as conflicted. The way he was talking made it seem like he has really been fucked with by Snoke. His talk about being afraid of the call of the light flipped the trope of light side users being tempted by the dark on its head, and depending on when he was turned by Snoke, he could very easily have been fed a bullshit line about how from a certain point of view Vader's work wasn't finished and that Luke was a disapointment, and that Ben could be the one to do so, and that his doing so was his destiny in fact...if Snoke caught him at that point where every kid has a beef with their family, and believes they're going to charge the world around them, and filled his head with enough bullshit to hook, him its completely believable and organic. Besides, he was clearly conflicted to a degree, and Snoke had been essentially letting him operate like an unrefined wild dog, thus It's time to finish his training. Besides, people can have different opinions about the same thing being done more than once if one time is shit, and the other time isn't.

Also, new thread when?
>>
>>78268560
>>Fucking 3d glasses, couldn't see shit

Did you see it in Imax 3d? Those glasses are big and unwieldy, but the Real3d ones aren't bad at all.

It also depends on where you sit. Nearer the rear of the theater is better for 3d than halfway up/front because you can see more of everything.
>>
>>78268594
He doesn't have to live up to Vader though. He is an interesting character all by himself and so different that the two of them can't really be compared anyway.
>>
>>78268560
>did we even see the new snowtroopers?

They were on Star Killer Base. Mostly walking around in the background.
>>
>>78268611
Or whoops, I misread Snowtroppers for storm.
>>
>>78268626
>He doesn't have to live up to Vader though. He is an interesting character all by himself and so different that the two of them can't really be compared anyway.

No, he doesn't have to. But he wants to. This fear/failure on his part that he'll never be as badass as Vader -supported by the rest of how the movie plays out- allows us to accept the idea that he's not as badass as Vader.

Now imagine if the movie had tried to actually play him up as superior to Vader, made him cocky and self assured, implied Vader was small time compared to this guy, and he was super competent and never made mistakes.

Having him be a whiny failure would be a lot harder to take.
>>
>>78268519
>ready to settle down with Leia in a happy/drama free relationship.

isn't that what he did in the EU? I remember Han being GOAT father in the novels and shit.
>>
>>78268778
>isn't that what he did in the EU? I remember Han being GOAT father in the novels and shit.

And his son goes to the darkside, and the Emporer gets cloned a couple of times, and Chebacca's nephew becomes a Jedi.

Lots of stuff happens in the EU.
>>
>>78268818
Anakin Solo also leaves Chewy to die.
>>
>>78268686
I absolutely agree that making him a complete badass in the first movie would've been a huge mistake. This is the first time we actually see a villain who is still in training. It's quite refreshing and it will make his future journey so much more exciting.

But I don't agree with you about Kylo being a "failure". I mean, emotionally he clearly is a wreck, but not combat-wise. This guy already has amazing (new) force abilities. Even the force push he did when he was severely injured was stronger than the one Maul did in Episode I. And this was just the beginning of his arc.

Abrams called Kylo the "Anti Luke", and yes right now, he is still inexperienced and can't really control his power, but who knows how powerful Kylo will become over the course of the trilogy?
>>
>>78266477

>Moraband
>>
>>78268841
Who else /prefersHandieincanonoverChewiedyinginlegacy/ here?
>>
>>78268877
Han's death felt thematicallybetter than Chewie getting crushed by a moon by the worst EU species ever
>>
>>78268818
>And his son goes to the darkside

not because of anything Han did. At least Jacen didn't feel like he fell for such petty and juvenile reasons.

>and the Emporer gets cloned a couple of times

Sheev being based as always

>and Chebacca's nephew becomes a Jedi.

I liked Lowie
>>
>>78268841
But what a glorious death roaring to the moon
>>
>>78268906

This.
>>
>>78268893
>worst EU species ever

Worst than yuuzhan vong?
>>
File: 1445895147735.jpg (1MB, 2400x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1445895147735.jpg
1MB, 2400x1695px
>>78266477
I saw all that water and could only think of Manaan. I didn't even think to look at an actual map.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>78268917
Pretty sure he's talking about Yuuzhan Vong
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>78268959
>>78268959
>>78268959
>>
>>78268818
At least Jacen had a reason to go to the dark side being in a years long war and losing family
>>
>>78268853
>But I don't agree with you about Kylo being a "failure". I mean, emotionally he clearly is a wreck, but not combat-wise.

He's not a complete failure, but he does fail. He makes a grave miscalculation when he grabs Rey and leaves BB8, a miscalculation that Hux was more than willing to call him out on. He is ultimately injured/defeated on Starkiller Base, whereas Vader went through about 3 lightsaber battles before finally being bested.

Just try to imagine a scene where Vader and another Imperial general are talking to the Emperor, and the Imperial general is just tearing into Vader in front of his master.

Kylo is definitely not intended to be some kind of coolheaded super-competent badass the way Vader was. And it's because of this that we're more accepting of his emo ways when we do see them.

The only people who feel slighted are ones who only saw the trailers and built up the idea of Kylo as Vader 2.0 in their heads.
Thread posts: 639
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.