[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brewing Thread /brw/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 170px-Honey-Fruit-Mead-Brewing.jpg (12KB, 170x299px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Honey-Fruit-Mead-Brewing.jpg
12KB, 170x299px
Anyone on /ck/ ever brew mead, ale, wine, or beer. Right now im brewing my first batch of mead.
>>
I successfully fermented my first wine from dandelion flowers back when I was 12 researching some old site in the late 90's called the Gambriunus'(sp?) Mug. I modified the recipe for what jugs I had and made around 2 gallons and I would sneak it on weekends playin' vidya, hidden in my closest. I haven't made any in a few years, but my last was a ginger grapefruit wine and was good with fish, light fruity taste and it was smooth, easy to get drunk on.

Have you looked into the different types of meads flavored with herbs? Lavender or lemon balm mead are ace.
>>
>>9378519
Yep, you can practically make any type of mead flavor you want. Right now im making a simple mead the recipe is: Bread yeast, raisins, raw honey, tsp of cloves, and a tbsp of ground cinnamon.
>>
>>9378541
If you're going to spend money on honey and everything else, why not get some decent yeast instead of fucking bread yeast?

/diy/ has a good homebrew general for when this thread eventually dies and nobody makes a new one for a month.
>>
>>9378488
>>>/diy/

i miss /homebrewmen/
>>
>>9378551
The bread yeast is an experiment tbqh. Im seeing what flavors itll have and how much alc% it will have
>>
>>9378559
Look for a good brew store near you for the camaraderie, if else look for "cote de blanc" yeast for meads and lighter wines.
>>
File: booz.jpg (327KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
booz.jpg
327KB, 1280x960px
>>9378488
just bottled cherry/plum and cran rasp, earlier this summer i juiced 50 lbs of nectarines and now have two gals of it racked out in secondary fermentation. i added lemon to one in between rackings.

earlier this year i've done plenty of ciders, pineapple and mango mead, and grapefruit wine, which tastes like fresh grapefruit juice squirted into champagne. pretty good shit
>>
>>9378576
Damn i cant wait for this batch to be done to bottle it. i may do a peach mead next. Ill have to do the grape fruit one as well
>>
>>9378576
I wanna drink them all
>>
I just started 5 gallons of a plain honey mead with 14lbs of honey using EC1118 yeast. I've done blackberry and blueberry melomels before, but I was going back to simplicity on this brew.
>>
>>9378642
Simplicity is the best, its easy fun, and rewording.
>>
I'm going to pitch 300 liters of birdwatchers tomorrow if I can starsan my vats by the end of the day.
>>
i like to make graff. 1 part wort 4 parts apple juice. i have a small set up so it's easier to boil 1 gallon batches instead of 5 gallons.
>>
File: Homebrewmen-Homegrowmen.jpg (258KB, 1203x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Homebrewmen-Homegrowmen.jpg
258KB, 1203x1200px
>>9378552
This. Homebrewmen moved to >>>/diy/ long ago. Homegrowmen moved to >>>/out/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.