[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>8783624 You first.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 34

>>8783624
You first.
>>
Keep it food related, faggot. We dont need another /b/
>>
>>8783628
He uses all my Tupperware, can't cook for shit and leaves the whole apartment smelling of burnt food, and leaves the countertops a fucking mess. He's a fat slob, a faggot, and he even drinks my alcohol sometimes. I'm fed up with his shit, that fucking faggot. He's a damn manchild.
>>
>>8783635
That's not a manchild, that's your average roommate.

Disdain for the days of not living alone. Like holy fucking shit wash your dishes you retard I like to cook food on tgemthem also.
>>
File: 1471970214515.jpg (33KB, 510x568px) Image search: [Google]
1471970214515.jpg
33KB, 510x568px
Not food related whatsoever but I have no one else to vent to or ask about this.

I just moved in with a couple from Craigslist, girl and a guy.

The guy is super greasy and smells like old wet clothes ALWAYS. Is always wearing the same shirt. Skinny and tall, generally gross.

The girl is super friendly, super well-adjusted, very attractive, studying to take the MCAT next week. Bottom line is, I'm not sure what she sees in this guy, but anyway.

THE MALE ROOMMATE LEAVES A PISSY, YELLOW WAD OF TOILET PAPER ON THE TOILET SEAT OR THE SINK EVERY MORNING.

I don't know why he does this? It's normally a pretty small wad but sometimes its like a whole sheet of toilet paper. I can't find anything about this online and no one I've told has heard of this happening before.

Does he accidentally piss on the seat and wipe it up, and forget to flush it?
Does he wipe the end of his dick and then just forget it?

I'm so confused. It's disgusting.
Can anyone help me out?
>>
>>8783848
I have to assume he's wiping his dick dry instead of giving it the ol' shaka-shaka and then throwing the wad at the general direction of the toilet
>>
Fuck.
I used to live in this illegal ass artist's studio/house with 8 other people. We had this fuckwad constantly high who stole literally everyone's food, and his fat ass hick girlfriend who didnt help pay rent would take 1.5 hours to get ready in one of the two bathrooms. I caught him stealing and he just said "well can i have one?". He was the only black person in the house and would talk all this crap about how hard he is, and how he came from the worst neighborhoods (oceanside and then eagle rock, both literally white suburbias). He smoked a black and mild in the bathroom and dropped it burned thru the linoleum on the floor. He would catch anyone in the kitchen and talk nonstop keeping us in conversational hostage and only ever talked about his previous "dangerous" and "ghetto" lifestyle.
>>
>>8783848
stop living with roomates. they are always shit. get your own place.
>>
Shut up fuckwad are you 11? Roommates are completely fucking necessary in most metro areas
>>
>>8783881
If you're poor. I know most people are and it's only getting worse in the US but somebody's gotta squeak into that middle class slot.
>>
>>8783869
wish he would instead add some frrrressssshhhly ground bLLLack pepper.
>>
>>8783624

My old college roommate is my best friend, but holy shit did that guy have some weird habits when it came to the kitchen.

He had this old aluminum pan/plate/dish that he used to cook all of his leftovers in, just pop it in, and put it in the oven. Anything that wasn't sauce based went in there, which wouldn't be a problem, but he never cleaned it. He told me it was to "retain the flavor," but it was just greasy and gross because he was mostly just heating up shit like frozen chicken nuggets or leftover Jack in the Box. I wasn't into cooking at the time so it took me a few years to realize he was mixing it up with seasoning a cast iron skillet.

A recurring problem with cleaning dishes made me move permanently to buying my own cleaning sponges and paper plates/plastic stuff... he used to clean the dishes with the same sponges he'd use to clean the tile floor, where the dog walked around and we tracked shit in all day and sometimes the dog would pee or shit or vomit... it was just awful. I tried to explain to him that using the same sponge for this shit on the plates we eat off of was hugely unsanitary, but he said "no man, there's soap on it! It kills everything!"

I have more that aren't kitchen related, and some stories of when I was shitty, if people are interested.
>>
How nice it must have been for you to roll right into your own apartment from your parents house because youre first paying job was beyond entry level. How amazing your life must be. Teach me senpai i want to suck your rich successful dick
>>
File: trash-left-outside-my.jpg (22KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
trash-left-outside-my.jpg
22KB, 338x450px
I had a roommate who would take trash out halfway. Like, he would just bring the bag outside the door. What in the fuck does this achieve? Used to piss me off so bad. Random pic to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Whenever I saw that he did this, I would take the trash to the dumpster. He would always go "dude, I was gonna take the trash out, you didn't have to do that". Well, I did have to do that because I am not interested in literally keeping garbage at my doorstep.

It's always the little things when you live with a roommate that get under your skin until you reach a breaking point.
>>
>>8783922
He put it outside because it smells duh
Then in the morning when you're going out you put in the the dumpster or whatever it goes.
>>
>>8783884
Even middle class people don't live alone until their late 30s genius. No one has a good-paying job for that until then unless they're extremely lucky or from a rich family.
>>
These threads are always great, I love seeing all you autistic freaks that get SO upset over total non-issues.

>there are crumbs on the counter sometimes omfg so messy
>muh SMELLS that nobody else notices but it TRIGGERS ME
>he doesn't wash dishes IMMEDIATELY after using them
>what a slob this is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Like holy shit get a life man, the problem here is YOU.

YOU are the one getting unreasonably upset over literally nothing.
>>
>>8783922

What the other guy said. I like to eat canned sardines and other fish and shit. When I eat them, I double bag the tin, throw it in the trash, and if the trashbag is close to full, take it and put it outside so my roommates don't have to deal with fish smell. When I'm leaving next, I'll take it all the way out.
>>
>>8783956
My roommate shutting off the furnace at night in the dead of winter and causing all of our waterpipes to freeze is not literally nothing.
>>
>>8783934
Yeah, and then raccoons tear the bag apart in the middle of the night and you've got a mess to clean up. Plus, now it's a spot raccoons will come check out for more trash.

Good job.
>>
>>8783956
Remember that /ck/ is mostly women and women have a pathological obsession with cleaning every surface in a given domestic residence.
>>
>>8783956

I do like seeing the differences here, but then there's also genuine horror stories of people that are just absolute fuckups and you wonder what their family life must be like.
>>
>>8783968

What if you live somewhere that there aren't raccoons? I live in the fucking desert. Ain't nothing here alive tearing into our trashbags and no one wants to walk in 120 degree heat to take a bag of trash to the dumpster.
>>
>>8783967
jej
>>
>>8783962
Just rinse the tins out you dink
>>
>>8783978
>>8783962
t. lazy people. just fucking take the trash out, you aren't doing your roommates and neighbors any favors by leaving a bag of trash next to your door.
>>
>>8783986

Roommates still complain. It's an easy common courtesy for me to take the bag outside. This applies for any food though, really.
>>
>>8783956
I wonder if this guy has ever been the bad roommate...
>>
>>8784003
it's not a common courtesy to take trash halfway out but I think it's cute how you came up with a justification for it
>>
>>8784000
>do what I tell you on your property

No.
>>
>>8784015
Lol, if you rent then it's not your property and there is most likely a clause in your lease about proper waste disposal. If you live in a building, there is definitely going to be a rider about the common area. Moreover, if you live with roommates then there's a social contract to keep the place clean. Keep justifying being a slob though
>>
Puts his clothes in the dryer and leaves it running for like 4 hours and jacks the power bill through the roof. Had to explain to him how much it costs. Also runs his AC at the lowest temp all the time.

Doesn't know how recycling works/doesn't give a shit.

He's a smoker, which whatever I don't care about he does it outside, but he lets his ashtray fill up to the brim and then the wind blows fucking cigarette butts everywhere.

Fucked up my containers because he would microwave shit in them.

Doesn't clean in general.

Doesn't replace or chip in money for consumables.

And all he talks about is his burger flipping job but makes no attempt to get anywhere in life and blows all his money on new clothes and shoes.

We've been friends for probably 10 years but living together for 2 and I always knew he was fucking dumb, but I wish we never moved in together. I tell him about this shit every few months and he gets a bit better but then goes back to being shit. I'm getting my own place when the lease is up so fuck it. Sorry for blog needed to vent.
>>
>>8784030
>If you rent

I'm not a nu-male like you, who whines harder about his roommate's habits than his current living situation.
>>
>>8784062
wow great comeback, you sure refuted me
>>
>>8784064
>2017
>he doesn't own land

How does life not working out for you feel, anon?
>>
>>8784012

*shrug*

I don't live in a place where getting the trash to its final spot is annoying anymore, but I'd rather my roommate took smelly trash and put it in the garage than just let it sit inside and stink. I fail to see how it's an annoying thing. Not taking it out at all is more annoying.
>>
>>8783967
You don't need the furnace running at night. Nobody is occupying communal spaces. You're under your blankets in a pocket of self-contained warmth. Heating the entire place would be a waste of energy.
>>
>>8783877
This all take place in commiefornia? Because our oceanside isnt as bad as people keep making out to be, and eagle rock is only a walk from Pasadena.
>>
>>8784069
>owns land
>lives with roommates apparently

good job, you fucked it up

I do own land btw.
>>
>>8784082
You being comfy under a blanket doesn't stop the pipes from locking up or bursting.

Also waking up and getting out of those comfy blankets when the room is below freezing is extremely difficult, an unnecessary obstacle in getting ready for work or college
>>
>>8784100

I agreed with you about freezing pipes but anyone who bitches about not being able to get ready for work or school because they're cold and too comfortable fucking triggers me. Get up and get out of bed you fucking child.
>>
>>8784095
>owns land
>doesn't do the smart thing and earn rent shekels off of desperate nu-males like yourself
>>
>>8783969
>The only woman I've ever lived with is my mother

Women will live like slobs if left to their own devices. Dishes everywhere, hair on the carpet, food left out. Bathrooms are the worst.
>>
>>8783969
>women
>4chan
Pick one
>>
>>8783894
go ahead
>>
>>8784112
The room is literally below freezing, we have real winter here.
>>
>>8784192

I don't care, wake the fuck up and get out of bed. I've been in below freezing temperatures, they suck, but tough it up and get out of bed. Don't be a little bitch.

I wanna send people like you to the military for a few months. Nothing bothers me more than people who hit the snooze button or are late for things because they wouldn't (there is no couldn't unless you're disabled) get out of bed on time.
>>
>>8784211
>me tuff manly man, me been thru basic once

You've merely dipped your toe in the cold.
I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't feel summer's warmth until I was already a man, by that time it was nothing to me but scalding!

So if I say it's too cold to get out of bed in a timely manner, I mean it.
>>
>>8783956
Some people just like the place clean and tidy instead of wallowing in their own filth.
>>
>>8784082
>reading comprehension
You realize other stuff isn't under a blanket? Kek'd
>>
>>8784227
hmm. nice quote. feels like i recognize it from somewhere.
>>
>>8784211
You are the greatest faggot I've seen. Pls be bait. Do you even hypothermia?
>>
>>8784249

Hypothermia from getting out from under "warm, comfy blankets" and getting to a warm shower? Give me a break.

The poster was bitching that they were "too comfy" in their warm blankets to make it to work or class. That's some lame ass shit there.
>>
>>8784282
What's lame is your "muh military muh basic" posturing, as though sleeping on a bunk and going camping for a few weeks is some sort of accomplishment.

When you've been lying still in sub-zero temperatures for several hours it is physically more difficult to wake up and physically difficult to move.
And how are you getting a warm shower? The pipes froze, jackass. There is no hot water.
>>
>>8784301

Like I said, no problem with the guy being pissed the pipes froze, but don't give me the fucking excuse that it's too cold to wake up. It's not an accomplishment to get up on time, just like it's not an insurmountable idea to not be "comfy" all the time. No, shit sucks, you're cold, I get it. But don't make excuses that you can't make it to work or school on time because it's cold.

I wasn't the guy that didn't say the heat shouldn't be on at night - I think it should be. I just can't stand people who make weak dick excuses about things. It's the same as people who can't stop using their snooze button or eating sweets or other shit that causes them the slightest bit of discomfort.
>>
>>8784335
I don't think you understand what winter is and how how much additional challenge it adds to everyday tasks.

The fact that you assume there's going to be hot water when the pipes have frozen makes it clear you've never so much as set foot in a temperature controlled beer room, nevermind endured an actual blizzard.

Get over yourself and stop getting triggered by the word "comfy"
>>
>>8784301
Try ranger training, you MRE buying faggot , and go with only 4 hours sleep at night in very different environments, for a long ass time.

Just because you play paintball on the weekends and eat MRE's for lunch, gives you no right to compare yourself to a trained soldier.
>>
>>8784227
If you live somewhere really cold you should be used to it. Get dressed, put some clothes on, if you're wearing a long sleeved shirt and some pants below freezing isn't that bad. Maybe a little chilly but if you want to be extra warm put another layer and some thick socks on.

People around here wear ski masks walking down the sidewalk so they don't get frost bite on their faces lmao.
>>
>>8784353

Again, ignore the frozen pipes. I'm not trying to tell the guy he should sleep in the cold or let his pipes freeze. That anon says "below freezing" like more than half of the country doesn't experience below freezing temperatures all winter, so sorry if I can't feel some sob story for them having trouble to get up and shower and get their day started when most of the country does it all the time.

It might not be a hot shower, but it's doable, so stop bitching, put another blanket on your best, and get up on time. You're acting like it being 20 degrees out means the eskimos are outside on sled dogs.
>>
>>8784123
You're reaching now.
>>
>>8783869
Thank you, Chef John
>>
>>8783848
>>>/b/
>>
>>8783848
is your roommate Masaokis? literally the only time I've ever heard of something like this was in one of his videos where he points the camera at a towel and says something like "This one's all yellow cuz I wipe my dick on it after I pee."
>>
>>8783978
>I live in the fucking desert
Get out of that shit.
>>
File: dahellroomate.png (4MB, 1492x1279px) Image search: [Google]
dahellroomate.png
4MB, 1492x1279px
my old roommate use to leave food out, and I don't mean like bits of food after she was done, or like forget to put away stuff. She would cook large portions of meat, and after just leave it on the kitchen table or living room desk, uneaten for days.
There would be a week of an uneaten salmon out. I started taking photos and made a shitty collage of it.
Another thing she would do is every time I would try to use the kitchen she would come in and just watch me over my shoulder not saying anything. I'm really not a confident cook, so I would freak out and just freeze up. It gotten to the point I was so afraid of entering the kitchen.
Not really a horror story, but it was nerve wrecking
>>
>>8784082
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.
>>
>>8784615
And it all could have been solved with communication. Fuck you you weak little faggot.
>>
I own my own home in florida two blocks from the ocean. I have no roomates.
>>
>>8784301
You're being a faggot by talking up your 19 year old self living in a fucking barracks room with broken heating and A/C like you're smart or tough by not having the luxury. Fucking boot.
>>
My roommate didn't seem to understand the concept of leftovers and would throw out anything older than a day, even if it would have been good for 2 weeks.

>But nobody was eating it!
It's been in there for 3 days holy shit
>>
i'm pretty sure i would be the one my housemates talk about, and i was afraid i'd be posted here. it's a relief i'm not.
>>
>>8784784

>florida

Jesus christ that is horrifying
>>
>Be a poor college student
>Splurge on expensive but worth it olive oil
>Haven't even opened the bottle yet
>Smell chicken being fried
>Walk into kitchen
>Roommate has used more than 3/4 the bottle to fry chicken
>>
I recently had to purchase a large mini fridge for my room because my food would constantly be eaten if I had it in the kitchen.
Food I would buy on my way home from work would just not be there when I woke up.

Not happening anymore and I'm constantly hearing complaints about how there's never any food in the house.

I honestly wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't the only one who bought groceries, but I can't afford to feed them, I make less then both of them.
>>
>>8784802
>tfw my roommate was the opposite of this and would keep shit in the freezer all semester and NEVER touch it until the last week
short story: I ate some of his food, usually frozen bagels and shit that was in there for over a month
>>
>>8784783
Not really, if anyone tried to bring up something with her, she would just go on the defensive and say it's her right, and you are acting out "self hatred or internalizing misogyny" not sure how either is related to cleaning up after yourself.
>>
Not really roommate, but my mother is a complete slob in the kitchen. She'll make pots of food, or use a pan, and after the meal just leave it out over night. Or worse, put the entire pot in the fridge with some tin foil on it. Sometimes she'd leave containers of food out for long it would get nasty and crusty, then just throw the pot/pan out in the yard. Then eventually spray it out with the hose or throw it out. I hated it so much it's the main reason i moved out the second i could and never let her cook for me when i go home. Me, i clean my stuff as i'm cooking and often rinse my stuff out before i eat.
>>
>>8784958
>Not really roommate, but my mother is a complete slob in the kitchen.

i love my mother and her cooking, but jesus christ, she has no sense of sanitation or preservation.

>back home for a visit
>want to make coffee
>have to empty out 3 day old coffee grinds from french press
>go to add creamer
>oh nice a bottle of baileys!
>open bottle, and CLUMPS of fermented baileys drop from the bottle
>check the expiration date
>7 years ago

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WE HAVE MOVED HOUSES 2 TIMES SINCE THEN
>>
>>8784444
I've been rewatching some of his videos recently, he's definitely gotten less dirty.
>>
>>8783624
My Roommate goes to the store 8 times a week and never eats anything he buys. He asks me for my food. He drinks 5 cokes a day. He makes it known that hes drinking coke due to his gulp of power
>>
old housemate used to leave a small amount of milk in the bottom of really narrow glasses and then not wash the glass
I would just throw them away if I found them
>>
Lived with a chinese guy on campus for a while. He used to cook chicken breasts in the rice cooker and then just leave them there for up to a week I would assume.
>>
>>8783624
I used to have a roommate that ate Country Crock spread like pudding. Same roommate accidently wiped his ass with the tail of his shirt right before we went to a wedding. He just tucked that skid mark in and kept going.
>>
>come back from vacation
>all my food is eaten
>stuff in my room is touched
For instance my stahlhelm gets messed with everytime I fucking leave for a weekend. I can tell because I tuck the strap underneath the helmet when I set it down but my dumbfuck 'friends' aren't smart enough to realize that and leave the strap untucked when putting it back.
>one time a bookmark in one of my books was in a different spot
>one time my roommate ran out of toilet paper and took one of my two-ply rolls
No worries though, he made sure to repay me with a roll of his shitty one-ply TP after he bought more.
>>
>>8785510
Wehraboo detected.
>>
>>8783624
>Final year of undergrad
>Random Saudi gets moved into the free room of our apartment
>he's fat as Fuck and wearing a "baller for life" shirt when he first walks in
>drenched in cologne
>he comes home one day with two packs of 30 chicken legs each
>in the middle of the night, he's cooking with a God Damn pressure cooker
>plsnobomb.gif
>loud as shit, but finally ends
>stay at girlfriend's house next several nights
>my other roommate doesn't use the fridge, just eats chef boyardee
>no one knows the horror that is brewing
>Still no use for fridge after another 10 days or so oddly enough
>open fridge
>horror intensifies
>chicken is spread out, open all over the inside of the fridge bottom shelf
>raw chicken juices everywhere
>the smell
>throw a fucking fit, threaten to call landlord
>he doesn't get it but starts to throw away chicken anyway. He only ate 3 legs
>sprays room with full bottle of shit cologne to cover it up.

Fuck you op for making me remember
>>
>>8785510

>not installing your own lock and locking your room when you live with roomates
>>
>>8784867
>frying chicken in olive oil

Disgusting.
>>
File: kek patrol.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kek patrol.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
>>8783877
can you please share with me his first name? i have to know.
>>
>>8783956
>These threads are always great, I love seeing all you autistic freaks that get SO upset over total non-issues.

Clearly you never left home and your parents mollycoddle your bad habits or you live like CWC and the health department is one phonecall away from declaring your house a public health hazard.

Being a housemate is about consideration. Lack of consideration makes shit harder for everyone. Schedules, routines, plans, etc., Especially if you rent your home and are subject to inspections.

I would hate having to blow off plans just because I'm deathly afraid of getting kicked out of my place or that my meal plan/food budget has been completely compromised due to sponge housemates pinching my shit
>>
>>8784867
Lock your shit up, man.
>>
>>8785298
But...wouldn't they notice the smell?
>>
>>8783956
I hate to say it but this guy is right.

You guys get pissy over stupid shit. And no I don't live with roomates. I just hear the stupid shit you bring up. Dishes don't have to be washed immediately. I've literally seen you guys complain because ketchup was left outside.
>>
>>8786076
>Dishes don't have to be washed immediately.
Not washed, but fuck it takes like 10 seconds to rinse your plate before everything gets caked in
>>
>>8784802
So some of you bitch when things don't get thrown out and then you bitch when they do. You guys are major aspies.
>>
>>8784958
What is it with this board and complaining about mothers so much? This place really is filled with women isn't it
>>
Literally women: the thread
>>
>>8786080
Come on. If someone had rinsed the plate some of you would complain and say shit like "well why not just finish washing it".

It's a non stop bitch fest around here.
>>
>He doesn't live by himself
>>
>>8786101
I don't want to be that guy but I don't get how most of you can't live on your own. I live in an area where I couldn't for a while but it's an extreme example because it's a very popular area.

But in a lot of flyover places how the fuck can't someone afford 500 for rent?
>>
My roommate does all kinds of low-level weird shit- almost never leaves his room, always closes all the blinds and turns all the lights off when I'm out, goes to bed at 7 or 8 in the morning and wakes up at 4 or 5 in the afternoon, stuff like that. But there was one instance that takes the cake-

>Be me
>Roommate never lets me into his room
>Won't even fully open the door, just opens it a crack and sticks his head out when I need to talk to him
>One day he's out of the house for the first time in weeks
>Curiosity gets the better of me, decide to snoop
>Go in his room
>It's super bare, just a bed, a desk, a cupboard and a laptop
>There's this weird smell
>Like a cross between sour milk and old books, never smelt anything like it before
>Look under desk
>There's literally a foot-high pile of used cum tissues
>Leave room promptly

God I can't wait to get my own place.
>>
>>8786127
Are they paying rent? If so don't fucking worry when people go to bed.
>>
>>8783624
>middle of summer during university
>asshole landlord moves a convicted pedophile into the apartment across from me.
>shithead has spent seven years in prison for child rape, has learned all sorts of new tricks
>he keeps trying to break into my place
>so I move out
>can't find a place on my own because all the good apartments were leased before school let out for the summer
>end up having to rent a room from some loser who bought a house then lost his job and hasn't been able to find work in two years
>he seems ok initially
>then starts becoming more and more of an asshole
>one day
>he starts bitching at me to remove all my frozen stuff from the freezer
>I'm taking up too much space
>all I have is a couple of Banquet pot pies
>he goes full chimp and demands I remove all of my frozen vegetables
>"But landlord-roomie, those are YOUR frozen vegetables."
>"You know, from when your parents moved away and left them for you."
>he filled the freezer with them four months earlier
>and hadn't touched any of them since
>>
>>8786127
Fuck you Andrew, I'm getting a lock.
>>
>>8783935
SoCal reporting. Bought 3 bedroom home for 250k. Home value is now nearly 400k.

Your mortgage in a city will be equal to what you would pay for a decent apartment, probably less. 100 percent worth it if you can get a place with rental potential.
>>
>>8783877
>>8784087
oceanside isnt that bad, near the pier is scummier at times, but the parts bordering carlsbad and the base are nice

recent uptic in gang activity and drug trafficking, though
>>
>>8784373
you actually have autism
i live in a military town and boots like you get the shit beaten out of them every fucking day for acting like they are the toughest shit to ever grace the earth

you will learn eventually, or you will drop. you are not "hardcore" for passing basic, you are not "hardcore" for passing infantry school, you are not "hardcore" for pissing about the pits for 4 years.

grow the fuck up you retarded dipshit, YOU are the reason nobody respects soldiers, dating back to ancient fucking rome
>>
>>8786142
t. messed up circadian rhythm
>>
>>8785228
I used to be that guy.
>>
>>8783934
> don't want to smell up your flat
> put it outside, so the entire staircase smells for everyone
> clean
>>
>>8786127
>Discovering internet porn
>>
>>8786150
Congrats. When the next economic implosion hits, enjoy your poverty. Ditto if Trump manages to deport all the illegals and ship home all the H1-B's.

I reside in Taipei. My ocean-view loft apartment rents to me for $580 a month. The last time one of these was up for sale it went for $600,000. I can rent for 86 years and not pay as much as the units sell for. I don't have to pay maintenance fees. And this building will be torn down within 50 years even if the earthquakes don't flatten it long before. Meanwhile, prices have dropped 10% in the last year, and 20% of all units in this city are unoccupied "investments".
>>
>>8786282
>living in a city full of jabbering gooks
>This is a good thing
>>
>>8784058
>Runs the AC at the lowest temp all the time
This shits me to no end. 22 is fucking fine, yet every time I look at the AC it's set to 18°C. I've told those arseholes that putting it on 18 uses shit loads of power, yet they always complain about the power bill. It's always, "Anon, your PC is probably using all the power!" Fuck off, I'm the one studying electrical engineering. I tried to sit down and show them how to calculate the cost of running certain appliances, but they didn't want a bar of it.
>>
>>8784958
>Room mate is cooking
>I don't like to crowd the kitchen, so I wait for him to finish
>Hear he is done in the kitchen
>Go to make dinner, wanted pasta
>Can't find my pot
>Look around, find it in the fridge
>He put it in the fridge with all his food still in it
>Ask him WTF, why'd you use my pot and not clean it?
>Tells me he didn't think I was going to use it
>Gets shitty with my when I make him clean it
He still gets pissy at me, even though I'm the only one who keeps the kitchen clean. Fuck that guy, last time I do shit for him.
>>
>>8786324
To be fair this is autism and not a valid reason to get mad at someone. If there's only one pot to go around you should just buy another one.
>>
>>8786512
There's more than one pot, and I keep mine separate with all my other stuff. He just didn't want to clean any of the others.
I keep all my shit locked in my room now.
>>
File: 1446863437060.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1446863437060.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>8786076
>And no I don't live with roomates.
>>
>>8783877
>living with niggers
You deserve it.
>>
>>8783848
I think you just need to start banging his girl. The rest will work itself out over time.
>>
>>8786020
I don't know. I stayed away from the dumbass for the rest of the night
>>
>>8783969
>women are tidy
I've lived with women of 18 to 26 and I can tell you that they are bigger slobs than my previous male roommates. They always leave their dishes in the sink and the bathroom is always a mess with their make-up garbage. The worst is that they always have a sad excuse for not cleaning up their mess.
>>
I have a shitty roommate that does all the standard slob stuff but to the XTREME.
>never cleans up after himself
unless I finally freak out about it then he picks up a small amount then hides and smokes weed
>ashes his weed on floor or onto himself
has anyone ever seen someone put ashes on themself?
>only eats fast food or half a pizza, then lets the other half rot in the fridge
>does laundry probably once every 6-8 weeks
>can smell him from 6 feet away
>spends 400 a month on weed then bitches about money problems all the time
>will literally leave stuff in the fridge until I throw it away, never uses it
at least he never cooks,
so no dishes but my own normally.

I too got curious like the other anon here and went in his room when he was actually gone for once. I wished I hadnt. It was beyond what youd imagine a crack den looks like, no shit. Piles of rotting garbage, piles of a mixture of clothes and newspaper for some reason, plates and pots everywhere, broken eletronics, fast food trash, you couldnt see the floor or bed. There was mold and fungus all over the bathroom and everything in it. I was seriously speechless and kinda scared there was a corpse in there because of the smell. I never noticed because this is a house, not apartment so im always in my own areas. I need to move so bad.
I wish this guy had an after school special so kids would learn to be disgusted by weed and people that smoke it several times a day.
>>
>>8786076
If I want to cook and there's a mountain of unwashed garbage in the sink then I'm going to get pissed indeed. I'm not a nanny, keep it clean.

>I don't have roommates

Oh okay so you don't know jack shit.
>>
>>8786663
You should confront him. You could use the bad smell that's coming from his room as an excuse.
>>
>Leave finding a flat for the school year too late, get a flat with four other random guys
>it's one of those student things, 5 ensuite bedrooms and a kitchen
>bottom of sink is always hidden behind a layer of veggies and spaghetti
>piles of pots and crockery either encrusted, "soaking'" or molding next to the sink
>chinese guy's fridge shelf covered in uncovered food, half of it molding
>Range is covered in encrusted food and grease
>floor is disgusting, soft foods trodden into hard cake, rice and old diced veggies
>sponges never rinsed or wrung out, just left there festering
>always take my shit and never, ever, wash it when they're done. Surprisingly never had my food pinched
>THE GARBAGE CRAMMED FULL OF SHIT UNTIL YOU CAN'T TAKE IT OUT WITHOUT THE BAG BREAKING

Granted, this describes most shitty roommates, but it's gotten to the point where i keep everything locked up, and subsist mostly on rice and chicken done in a rice cooker.
We've had numerous talks about assigning duties and schedules, but the chinese and the paki guy disregard it.
>>
>>8786663
>spends 400 a month on weed then bitches about money problems all the time
It's always so hilarious to see the mental gymnastics of drug addicts who believe the meme of "weed is not addicting"
>>
>>8786663
>There was mold and fungus all over the bathroom and everything in it.
In most states that's grounds enough for a person to get evicted no questions asked.

You should talk to womever you're renting from since this guy can potentially get the house condemned
>>
>>8786700
how did that meme even start? Just because you cant die when you go cold turkey from weed because of withdrawl?
Its still addicting, obviously. Ive known a few people that were actual addicts of weed, everyone laughs at this
>huurr like he had a pot needle in his arm whats his mom gonna say right? look at how cool I am!
but its real. There are people that cant handle a bit of stress without getting high.
>>
>>8786663
>>ashes his weed on floor or onto himself
yes hello i do that constantly (if it's actually completely ashes, ALL the way burnt out, it just rubs into fabrics and disappears, and i wash my clothes/vacuum so deal with it)
>>
>>8784949
>being roomies with femnazis
>>
>>8784211
wow anon, you're so tough. really impresses me, and probably all the ladies within a 50 mile radius.
>>
>>8783848
Get to know his girl more bang the shit out of her and cuck smelly. Once you're dom, force him to take showers and clean. Fuck him in the ass to, show me who's boss.
>>
Housemate decided to cook hisself some spaghetti.

>Pulls out our largest stewing pot, like fuck son this pot ain't joking.
>Grabs a handful of spaghetti and SNAPS IT IN HALF before placing it in the pot.
>Then takes pot over to the sink and fills it like halfway with cold water.
>Takes it back to the stove and then to turn it to the highest gas mark.
>No salt or nothing.
>Sets a phone time for 15 minutes and watches TV in the same damn room paying roughly zero attention to the spaghetti.
>Even when it boils over for 3 minutes straight and covers the entire stove in scum.
>Spaghetti looking like it has the texture of ringworms dipped in anal lube.

On several occasions he has asked me why I'm boiling water with nothing in it.
>>
File: you.png (180KB, 318x454px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
180KB, 318x454px
>>8786091
80% of the posters on ck are female
>>
This whole thread:
A TESTAMENT TO LIVING ALONE AT ALL COST
I'd rather take on five jobs than share a bathroom and kitchen...

"That puke, like,...isn't mine...man..."
"I need a cigar...indoors, windows closed"...
"Yeah that was my plate on the floor"
"Sorry about the carpet"
>>
>>8787073
Really? How would you know?
>>
>>8787056
Most of that shit is actually retarded, but I'm fairly certain you're supposed to snap spaghetti in half before adding it the the boiling water.
>>
>>8787107
NO YOU'RE NOT
JUST STIR IT IN SLOWLY AS IT BEGINS TO SOFTEN

FUCK
>>
>>8786091
Because more often than not they're insufferable, stupid cunts which manbabies defend because OMG HOW CUD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT UR MOTHER
>>
File: are you serious.jpg (34KB, 319x308px) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.jpg
34KB, 319x308px
>>8787107
>>
>>8786689
Hit them.
>>
>>8787112
I've literally never met anyone who does this. Everyone I've ever watched make spaghetti cracks it in half so it all fits in the pot nicely.
>>
>>8787221
You live in a country of animals
>>
>>8783624
Not a room mate, but her boyfriend of once upon a time. He lived in CO, I live in Vegas. So he's in town working a security gig, and as his girlfriend is my room mate, I agree to let him stay on my couch.

He gets off of work at 3AM, Vegas busses suck, and stop running at 1AM until 5, so I give this fat fuck a ride, at which point he informs me he's hungry. It is 3AM, I have work in 4 hours, I tell the guy to make a pork chop, which I have in the fridge.

I awaken to a smoke alarm 90 minutes later, open my bedroom door, and in rushes enough smoke to fill Silent Hill. I walk out into the kitchen and find a grease fire in my favorite skillet, and the fucker is just standing there, staring at it, as though contemplating whether to put it out, or throw it into the street. At this point my severely asthmatic wife begins suffocating and I go into overclock mode, opening doors, turning on fans, grabbing a fire extinguisher, and setting everything right. The pork chop, covered in extinguisher foam is nothing more than bones and ash at this point, but I don't care because the next thing I grab is an inhaler. Needless to say, I was pissed, and sleep deprived. I called out the next day, and then found out that this fat fuck had also broken my couch by sleeping on it. God. Fucking. Dammit.

This is why I don't allow anyone to cook in my kitchen besides me. I will make you something amazing without worrying about this shit, or you will go get a god damn burger, there are no two ways about this.
>>
He is this big black guy from ghana and he keeps using my knives like they're cleavers and they have holes all over them now
>>
File: 1460194069562.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1460194069562.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>8786990
>show me whos boss
>>
File: 129489302.jpg (955KB, 1550x1239px) Image search: [Google]
129489302.jpg
955KB, 1550x1239px
>>8783624
I moved into an apartment for one year during college. 4 people, never talked to each other.

Fuckery on my end:
>moved in before all of them, had good two weeks to myself
>met previous housemates (nice and accommodating as fuck)
>have to move in all my shit
>basically bought all of the kitchenware
>others come in, use my stuff
>I don't care, I'm not that autistic
>however
>obligatory roommate can't clean their dishes
>shit would go missing for weeks, sometimes months
>everyone was avoiding each other
>especially the one black roommate who would hide in their room for days it seemed

>move out at end of lease
>pack up all my shit with my parents
>clean out most of the kitchen
>leave
Turns out I was supposed to return the cable box, I have to go back.
>come back a month later
>run into the most friendly roommate
>they start telling me that one of the others has been talking shit
>"ANON STOLE THINGS FROM THE KITCHEN!!"
>nigga really
>"HE DIDN'T EVEN PAY UTILITIES WHAT A FAGGOT"
>gave friendly roommate cash before I left
>"HE BETTER NEVER COME BACK HERE"
>oh really?
>roommate didn't come out of room while I was there
>mfw
>>
>>8783877
I would slap that nigger silly.
Want to see ghetto go to l.a moon cricket
>>
>>8787221
why?
I never crack it in half, it softens up and fits in the pot in less than a minute.
>>
>>8783624
not a horror story but I was studying food science and dorming it up with 6 other girls in a 3 room apartment. every spring i would bake random sweets and leave thm on the tabletop so they would all get fatter then me by the summer.

not really a horror story but girls are just petty and vain
>>
>>8787499
lmao I did this too. They didn't fall for it, guess I'm just shit at baking.
>>
My roommate has never shared a room with anyone in his life. He left his hometown to come to an expensive college with no money. He wakes up at ungodly hours in the morning and fucking throws shit around and drags a chair across the floor. This guy has the audacity to ask me for my food even when he buys all this childrens food because he has no fucking clue what food is. He grinds weed in our room to make the place stink of flower and then just leaves to smoke a joint like 9 times a day.
>>
File: 1475936343735.jpg (20KB, 432x358px) Image search: [Google]
1475936343735.jpg
20KB, 432x358px
>>8787221
You're a retard living with retards
>>
>>8787499
>>8787513

this kind of shit is why I don't have female friends.
>>
>>8787499
I know a bunch of girls studying food science or whatever, and one thing that fucks with me is that most of them don't actually like cooking/eating
Well, they do, but only sweets shit and industrial garbage. It's pretty depressing
>>
>>8787735
your bad a cocking?
>>
>>8786282
You can't see the ocean from Taipei.
>>
>>8787056
>adding salt

YOU are the horror story.

I am, on balance, pretty disgusted by my own eating habits but at least I don't salt my pasta. The sauce you put it in no doubt has more than enough salt to flavor it.
>>
>>8786294
They're not Gooks, they're Chinks. And if you ever saw what the hot slutty Chinese girls wear on the subway around here, you'd move here too.

I've literally seen women wearing lingerie as their streetwear outfits. Nothing else, just shorts and a string top straight out of Victoria's Secret. And she was an 8/10, not some Amerilard landwhale with a "fat can be hot too" mental illness.
>>
>>8787861
I'm not sure what planet you're on, but on this one, I assure you it is visible from my apartment. Then too, I'm in Taipei County (Danshui), not fucking Xinyi. I don't know how people can stand the filthy air and traffic noise downtown.
>>
>>8787874
You are joking right?
>>
>>8787930
>I do it because people tell me I have to.
>>
>>8786700
>>8786730
It's not addictive, it's that habitual users enjoy it too much. Addiction is when you can't stop using it without enduring withdrawal problems.

I enjoy alcohol, but I don't get the DT's if I don't have any for a few weeks. I'm not addicted. Someone who habitually drinks a fifth a day is going to go through withdrawal -- tremors, hallucinations, sweats -- if they stop. They *are* addicted.

I've withdrawn from SSRIs three times in my life. It's sheer hell. I wish I could stay on them forever but my liver won't let me.
>>
>>8787974

You don't have to go through DTs to be addicted to alcohol. You can still be very much addicted and go sober without those side effects. Definitely not recommended, but you can.

t. alcoholic who doesn't get DTs but has drank 10+ drinks a day for the past 17 years
>>
File: 1397592787750.jpg (95KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1397592787750.jpg
95KB, 500x427px
>live with boyfriend and his family
>his mother is a hoarder that refuses to allow anyone to clean the house and will have a mental breakdown if anything is moved
>brother is always leaving dirty dishes on the counter for someone else to clean up
>no one rinses their dishes. Ever.
>I end up doing everyones dishes
>I asked them once to at least rinse out their dishes so they don't get crusty and gross
>recieve an affirmation from mother, but nothing changes
>brother only says "Yeah, OKAY..." in a derisive, sarcastic tone as if its my fucking duty to clean up after his family
>still have to do their chores because I'm disabled and can't get a job so we can move out

Its not that bad because I'm fed and sheltered and their family does care about me in some capacity. It just frustrates me that they treat me like a maid sometimes.
>>
File: 1488596531596.jpg (35KB, 385x529px) Image search: [Google]
1488596531596.jpg
35KB, 385x529px
>>8784071
Faggot
>>
>>8783969
>T. someone who has never lived with a woman other than his mother

My girlfriend is possibly the messiest person I have ever met, when I moved in I had to tiptoe to get from one side of the apartment to the other without stepping on her shit. She just didn't understand why there were ants in the kitchen. The first thing I did when I had free time was dust, something that, judging by how much dust was on top of picture frames and doorways, had never happened since she moved in.

>>8783956
>there are crumbs on the counter, now there are ants on the counter
>smells are indicators of bad things, but I don't care
>I like having dishes ready when I need to serve or cook, and also crumbs and pests again
>what a slob, all this dust, is actually intolerable to my sister with asthma, but that's just me being uptight

Fuck off, unlike you I prefer my home to be presentable
>>
>>8783889
I keked so hard it made my day. Thanks anon
>>
File: IMG_6676.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6676.gif
885KB, 500x418px
>>8784958
>Me, i clean my stuff as i'm cooking and often rinse my stuff out before i eat.

Why isn't this a common habit everyone should develop.
It makes life infinitely easier and takes less than 30 seconds for each item.
>>
My roommate has a bottle of milk that expired last year in our fridge. I don't drink milk so I never used it and I refused to throw it away. It's his milk he should through it away.
>>
>>8788002
Sounds like your boyfriend found a bang-maid.
>>
>>8788153
Exactly, your food can usually take a second or two to cool down before you eat it, why not clean up while it does
>>
>>8783935

25 y/o homeowner here. It's feasible, but you have to be reasonable about it. That's why I have a condo
>>
>>8788165
>My roommate has a bottle of milk that expired last year in our fridge. I don't drink milk so I never used it and I refused to throw it away. It's his milk he should through it away.
This is shitty though, because when and if one of you tips that over, or it simply outgases and explodes, you're going to have to buy a new fridge. There is idiocy in being this passive.
>>
>>8787874
you know you're not salting the water for flavour, right?
>>
>>8785510
just get a cheap wifi camera that starts recording/streaming to your phone when ever it notices motion well worth the investment
>>
File: 1464570103260.jpg (20KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1464570103260.jpg
20KB, 268x284px
>>8787499
>tfw I have excellent metabolism

dumb bitch
>>
File: 1490387181992.png (410KB, 394x553px) Image search: [Google]
1490387181992.png
410KB, 394x553px
>>8787874

Bruh . . .
>>
>>8787959

You're retarded
>>
>>8788153

I've learned to do this in the past year. Truly a game changer. Nothing beats eating an awesome dinner and then realizing the only dishes to do are the ones you just got done eating with.
>>
>>8788165

Put it in someone's mailbox
>>
>>8787974
>Addiction is when you can't stop using it without enduring withdrawal problems
that's not true at all. you can be addicted to video games, porn, eating, it's a mental state. it's different from a physical dependence yeah but suffering withdrawal is not a prerequisite to describe all addictions
>>
>tfw one roommate went 2 months without doing dishes. left them coated in sauce that crusted so hard the pot had to be soaked for 3 days
>left a bag of sweet potatoes in one of the cabinets i dont use so long that it bred a colony of fruit flies
>>
>>8789819
>>left a bag of sweet potatoes in one of the cabinets i dont use so long that it bred a colony of fruit flies
god, I used to have one roommate whose parents would visit from out of state and bring her a bunch of home grown fruits and veggies, and she'd leave them in nondescript brown bags in the corner of the pantry then never touch it. more than once had to deal with a shitload of bugs from it.
same house, another roommate stopped bothering to clean his cat's litter box so it shit all over the hallway leading up to his room, for over a month, I don't get how people can just live in filth like that
>>
>>8789825

food wasters hurt me deeply, especially wasting good, fresh shit like that. i have another roommate who will make 7 servings of something, eat one, and then leave the rest out/in the fridge until it molds.

>I don't get how people can just live in filth like that

cat owners are fucking disgusting. people complain about dogs being dirty, but i've never been to a cat owner's house that didn't smell like shit and have chunks of litter stuck in the carpet.
>>
>>8789818

there is no difference.

all love is an addiction. like is a weak addiction. you're addicted to your mother. you're addicted to air and water.

the idea that there is any sort of difference at all is a deep, deep error in the common philosophy of our culture.
>>
>>8789863
>you're addicted to air and water
And this is how you outed yourself as a retard.
>>
>>8789877

you are addicted to air and water. and a certain atmospheric pressure as well. and food. you're addicted to calories.

you are mistaken to think that this is not so. consider martyrdom and self destructive behaviors.
>>
File: 1393.jpg (10KB, 132x146px) Image search: [Google]
1393.jpg
10KB, 132x146px
>>8789887
>you're addicted to things you need in order to live
>>
>>8789887
any mere addiction can be broken
physical dependence cannot
stop being a fucking retard
>>
>>8789891

you feel you need them in order to live. you may also need them in order to live but plenty of people have died by not having things they neither knew nor felt they needed to live.
sailors needed vitamin C but were not addicted to it, and they died by not having something they didn't know they needed to live.

>>8789900

and, in fact, life itself is an addiction. and, in fact, the breaking of that addiction to life is the #1 cause of death for humans under the age of 40 in the united states.

you are mistaken if you think there are distinctions of attraction.
>>
>>8789863
simply le epic, my good sir. I, too, took intro to philosophy
>>
>>8786663
400 a fucking month? That's obscene. Dude probably didn't do anything else.

How the fuck did he get money?
>>
>>8789836
Hey, hi, hello.

I own a cat with my girlfriend. We clean her litter box twice a week, give the cat a bath every other week, and vacuum every other day. We're both neat freaks and regularly clean out her litter box with bleach followed by soap and water to help with the smell. Most people who visit are surprised to find out we have a cat because of the lack of smell. Shit animal owners trigger me hard so I do my best to not be a cunt and flip that statistic.
>>
>>8789836
>food wasters hurt me deeply, especially wasting good, fresh shit like that.

it's terrible when your own parents waste food after giving you the whole "starving kids in india and china" thing when you were a kid.
>>
>>8786663

if i'm smoking inside someones house i just ash into my hand and then throw it out.
>>
>>8789905

i didn't, so i probably wouldn't know anything about anything you learned there.
>>8789900

>physical dependence can't be broken

millions do it every year. life is an addiction, and people shoot themselves.

understand that freedom is terrible, and you've elected to love what you love.

love is nothing more than addiction.

imagine if you got addicted to addiction.
>>
>>8789933
You should get addicted to leaving this thread anon because your posts are giving me an aneurysm
>>
File: 1489416088189.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489416088189.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>8789904
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>8787974
You should take a class on addictions. Not all addictions mean you have withdrawl symptoms. It means you keep doing something when its harmful to you or other people around you. WEED IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.
Anything that makes you feel good can be addictive and its easy for those things to make you waste money, time and energy and neglect important things.
Ill admit, im addicted to alcohol. Some weeks I dont even drink, but I still crave it. I KNOW its bad for me, it fucks up my blood sugar, makes me gain weight, costs too much, has made me in a bad mood, etc, yet I still want it. See? And I dont even get DTs or anything either.

No, this isnt 12 step program nonsense, this is basic human behavior.
>>
>>8789887
but those things dont harm you. You sound like an edgy 15 year old sperging out trying to justify to his step dad why its ok to smoke weed. Put down the bong and think about what you just said and how it doesnt make sense.
>>
>>8789922
Smoke outside, you're probably pissing someone off if not torturing them.
That shit does not belong in a house.
Sitting on the porch like a billy smoking all day is not out of style, I do about 12-15 hours a day.
>>
File: 123423523542.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
123423523542.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>8789904
If you're trolling, well done. If not, then you're just REALLY retarded.
>>
>>8783935
Fucking what? There are people who work at Walmart and McDonalds who live on their own in their 20s
>>
File: Cookie child.png (39KB, 1314x489px) Image search: [Google]
Cookie child.png
39KB, 1314x489px
>>
>>8786127
Why are you snooping around in his room? Sounds like both of you are fucking autists.
>>
>>8787974
Physical dependency is not addiction. Addiction is the mental side of use coupled with physical dependency if possible.
>>
>>8789914

cool. have fun scooping up the smelly excrement of your shit pet, nerd. ill just open the door for my dog when he needs to take a dump. you gonna tell me how your cat is SO different from other cats it's practically a dog? get out of my fucking face
>>
>>8790646
depends on where you live, plenty of flyover shitholes where a full-time min wage job can support a single person (who has no outstanding debts, children, etc.. pretty rare for an American), but in literally any city you're going to need roommates to cover living costs unless you make 2x min wage at least.

>>8790843
even going to those lengths like that poster to keep your cat's litter box clean, it's still way less effort than a dog. they don't need walked, can entertain themselves more easily, and you get to scoop the litter when it's convenient to you. meanwhile you have to be around and drop what you're doing to let your dog out
>>
>>8790863

>it's still way less effort than a dog.

for what payoff? chunks of litter in the carpet, torn-up furniture, and cat hair all over my clothes? it'll entertain itself by knocking shit off my counter and rubbing its dirty asshole everywhere. sounds more like a special needs roommate than a companion. and i'm not so lazy that i can't take 20 minutes out of my day to take a healthy walk and get some fresh air for a pet that is going to spend the rest of the day cuddling up to me. and if i did want a low maintenance pet, i'd pick a lizard instead.

cats are for wannabe intellectuals who can't make friends with humans and try to feel socially accomplished by "earning" the affection of a lazy, dirty animal.
>>
>>8789836
>>8789914
>>8790843
>>8790863
>>8791180
>>>/an/
>>
>>8791180
>>8790843
why do all "dog people" have issues holy shit
>>
I did the roommate thing once when I transferred to a university

>Get an apartment
>Cousin got accepted so he decides to live with me
That's fine and we got along just as well but there were all the little things
>Our definitions of clean were vastly different (I'd keep the place presentable for visitors, he'd clean once a week like he was selling the fucking place)
>kept to himself mainly in his room
>shittalk me to his mom
>Lived entirely off of Chick-Fil-A, Mac n Cheese, and TV Dinners
I think I managed to get him to eat a steak once his time there. He also let his cousin crash at my place for a week after getting kicked out of the uni up the road and he kept my TV on the entire fucking time. He left after one year living with and I got all his foodstuffs. That pasta served me well.
>>
>>8789818
If not based on objectively measurable physical symptoms, how do you distinguish "addiction" from "liking something a lot"?
>>
>>8792074

you don't. there's no difference. liking something is a weak addiction, loving something is a strong addiction.

>>8790684

if you know that you're physically dependent on something and you're also addicted to life, you're addicted in the case of physical dependency, such as in our case of the sailors physical dependency on lemons.

>>8790188

addiction doesn't have to be harmful. i don't smoke weed. i guess i'm aware that it doesn't make sense to you, because you think addiction and into your head pops a junkie. yes, the junkie is an addict, but that's an incomplete addiction. anyone that drives safely because they don't want to die is also addicted. (to life). the junkies love heroin, and the drivers love life.
>>
>>8792074
what distinguishes an addiction is that it negatively impacts other aspects of your life. jerking off once a day doesn't mean you're addicted to porn, but if you can't go 8 hours without it and get fired for jerking off in your office at work because you couldn't wait to get home, then it's probably an addiction
>>
>>8792324

addictions don't necessarily have negative impacts. that's not part of the definition, just an association.
>>
>>8791607
Because they live in a haze of dog odor and get mad that people find that shit fucking offensive.
>Dog owner enters store, is literally Moses because they can part the sea of people by walking around.
>>
>>8792324
>is that it negatively impacts other aspects of your life
Whether an impact is negative, and to what degree, is subjective though. It depends on the observer's personal feelings and expectations.
>>
>>8792420
exactly, that's why there's no X amount of drinks per week to define an alcoholic
>>
>>8792324
So if I regularly use opium, and would undergo serious debilitating physical symptoms if deprived of it, yet am otherwise successful and well-adjusted, then I'm not addicted to opium?
>>
>>8792443
that's pretty unlikely, but yeah you'd be physically dependent but clearly not mentally addicted if you were able to put it aside any time you had something more important to do and upkept all your personal relationships. like half the american population does what you describe with caffeine but, practically speaking, most people wouldn't go as far to call them addicted or addicts.
>>
>>8792429
But an alcoholic doesn't stop being an alcoholic when they stop drinking. People don't go to AA to get their life together so that they can return to drinking when it no longer "negatively impacts their life."
>>
>>8792459
>physically dependent but clearly not mentally addicted
The definition of "addiction" includes physical dependencies.
If someone is physically dependent on a substance, such that they suffer withdrawal symptoms when deprived of it, then they're addicted to it.

The thing not negatively affecting their life doesn't change that.
>>
>>8792475
really there's just 2 different things that we all call "addiction", the argument is pointless semantics, obviously that kind of addiction is different from being "addicted" to weed/video games or whatever
>>
I live with a married couple, they put everything in the dishwasher, even pots and pans and they never check to make sure they're actually clean when they unload it.

>this morning
>making bacon and eggs
>pan has a black residue
>think it's a baked-on stain
>it's actually a black crust that comes off when scraped
>literally two minutes of scrubbing and it's spotless

I guess I could excuse their laziness because they both work full time, but fuck I do too and I always leave the kitchen cleaner than when I entered it
>>
People with addictions need to find God.
>>
>>8792488
>they put everything in the dishwasher, even pots and pans
Aren't some pots and pans explicitly dishwasher-safe, though?
Are you sure their pots and pans aren't?
>>
>>8792494
What if I'm addicted to God?
>>
>>8792462
So even if they stop drinking years ago you still label them an alcoholic?
That's rude to remind them of it constantly.
>>
>>8792505
It's just that I find the dishwasher doesn't clean pots and pans very well, especially if there's food cooked on to it. In my house we always washed them by hand
>>
>>8792509
>That's rude to remind them of it constantly.
It's good to remind them of it. It keeps them from relapsing.

Why do you think most of them always carry their AA chip with them?
Hell, a lot of them even refer to themselves as "recovering alcoholics."
>>
>>8792508

finding god is equal to becoming addicted to addiction. god is the ultimate addition.
>>
>>8792514
this, and if you share them i find it more respectful to clean pots and pans ASAP so if someone else wants to use it it's not dirty, as often there's only going to be 1 or 2 of each kind. plus they're easiest to clean while still warm
>>
>>8792526
>Why do you think most of them always carry their AA chip with them?

To re-enforce loyalty to AA and to shame and guilt those that would drink moderately afterwards

Reminder AA has literally no benefits and does not work, it is a cult
>>
>>8792508
Then you are a Mormon and need to just kill yourself and stop knocking on my door at 9 pm.
>>
>>8792595

imagine loving something so much you knock on doors in the dark for it
>>
>>8792608

>Imagine

You've never bought weed?
>>
File: 1462819511785.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462819511785.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
My boyfriend and I lived with his best friend for a year and a half. Overall a really good guy, but was a disgusting fucking slob because his mommy always picked up after him. Highlights include:
Leaving dirty pots and pans on the stove for DAYS until I bitched that my cookware was always dirty when I wanted to make someting
Letting his dirty dishes pile up for so long they filled the sink and began invading counter space
Going through a phase of exclusively eating deep fried foods and letting the oil sit and congeal in the fryer for months until the entire kitchen smelled like a mcdonalds dumpster and I actually had to nag him for a few days before he would change it out
Burning bacon into charred blocks of carbon in my baking dish and simply putting it in the barbeque instead of cleaning it up
Burning sausages on the barbeque in late autumn and instead of cleaning it up, let it sit there all winter only to be discovered when I moved it to do yard work the following spring and was assaulted with a gut-wrenching putrid fucking stench

My favorite was the time I got up the morning after a party to see that every surface in the kitchen - stove included - was covered with beer cans. I'm only about 2 minutes into rinsing out and bagging them when he walks into the kitchen and instead of, say, helping gather cans, dumping them out, or doing anything at all to help clean, he moves just enough cans off of one element to start cooking something.

He's a really good friend, but the worst roommate I've ever had.
>>
>>8792656

heheh

yeah i have but i bought it during normal hours. at a regular time, too. for a couple years i had a great little setup where my stepdad, my best friend, and my boss all bought a quarter ounce from me on friday and that covered the price of an ounce, so i just got a free 7 grams a week, and i'd smoke 1 gram a day rolled up in a bluntwrap.
>>
>>8787725
What movie is this
>>
>>8784615

>she was making extra food for you
>she wanted to spend time with you while you performed a mutually-liked hobby in a common room

You missed the signals.
>>
>>8790657
Wew
>>
>>8792737

He called her a feminazi in another post, she's definitely fat why would he wanna fuck her?
>>
File: 1449158565675.jpg (333KB, 1110x684px) Image search: [Google]
1449158565675.jpg
333KB, 1110x684px
>>8784867
>>
>>8787112
how is it any different, other than having longer pasta strands? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, yet everyone freaks out over breaking pasta like you're killing a person.
>>
>>8792593
>does not work
You can argue that there are downsides, but it definitely can work for getting someone to stop drinking. I personally know people who have used it to that end.
>>
>>8784082
water pipes bursting in your house is more expensive than running a furnace. and using a furnace to prevent bursting water pipes is not a waste.
>>
Doesn't anyone have any good rommate stories instead?
>>
File: IMG_0306.jpg (28KB, 476x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.jpg
28KB, 476x341px
>>8786990
Fuck you
>>
>>8795052
How about neutral stories?
>roommate is a disgusting slob who won't pick up after himself in terms of cooking or anything involving packaging really
>he does however shower and pay rent, in full, if I can't make up my share

I don't openly complain but I will rope his ass into cleaning house if it comes down to it. The one time he tried to bitch at me about mess he was very quickly shut down over who usually keeps the house clean.
>>
File: 1491619922511.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491619922511.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>8795052
Not a roommate, but a housemate
>join substance/alchohol free dorm in uni because I am a straight edge bitch
>its a big victorian house on campus turned into dorms, shit is cash
>one person likes to bake and leaves stuff out for people to take
>asked for nothing in return but I offered to do dishes when I caught her in the acts
>bro up with a m8 and get quality tea from a chinese tea shop in town
>delicious cakes, cupcakes, muffins, cookies nearly every weekend plus an assortment of chinese green teas with gaiwans
That place was a godsend
>>
>be me, moving in from Brazil to Austin to study
>18 year old, already into cooking
>manage to find an apartment right next to campus, rent is cheaper than the dorms, mostly students in the building
>come in, there's one guy
>half-japanese dude, pretty chill, doesn't know how to make anything other than eggs but likes cleaning so we made a deal, his last name is Aoki
>I cook and clean the kitchen stuff, he cleans the rest of the house
>our first few months go alright
>have to go to Brazil for a week due to family reasons
>come back, Aoki comes to pick me up
>new roomate has arrived with his girlfriend, and Aoki's nearly gone insane
>arrive, new roomie is a total slob
>within a week a smell of weed, cologne and shitty mexican food permeates the area near his room
>his girlfriend is like 160 cm and seems to weigh like 150 kg, but she's actually really nice and quite clean and good at cooking
>stoner somehow always has money
>slowly his slobness starts breaking Aoki who can't clean it all
>smell of weed permeates the entire place
>dude takes off most of his clothes and spends the day in nothing but his underwear when not out of the house
>has led to sink clogging multiple times
>constantly brings shitty mexican food and thinks my food is crap
>threw away food multiple times to make up room for beer
>also doesn't like his gf's food
>me and fatgf get closer, she likes the same stuff as me, she seems happier with me than with the stoner
>she breaks up with him after he punches her
>dude won't leave so she leaves
>Aoki has health issues thanks to the smell

/ck/, how the fuck do I get rid of this guy

I don't wanna lose the house or Aoki or the girl
>>
File: IMG_1403.jpg (32KB, 847x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1403.jpg
32KB, 847x475px
>>8795151
Lace his weed with a shotgun blast, so when he lights up his head gets blown off.
>>
>>8795151
Call the police kek
>>
>>8793581

All evidence shows they are not effective, so I can argue it is a pointless cult
>>
File: 1491802401697.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491802401697.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>8784615
>two autists living together
>>
>>8795276
Done that already. Somehow the asshole didn't get caught.

Me and Aoki are considering moving to the girl's place, she's gotten a deal with the landlord. That said, it's way too far away from campus, and me and Aoki are both students.

Eh, I guess we'll have to manage through it.
>>
>>8783900
Tfw you make 45k a year and still live in a shared apartment
>>
>>8788002
>disabled
>not on disability
>mooching off boyfriend and family
>complains about having to pull own weight by doing chores since not bringing in any moneies and paying rent or utilities
you're just as bad as the people you complain about
>>
>>8796065

Nah they're worse

>Boohoo I have to wash dishes

Being a leech on your family is one thing, getting a free ride from someone elses family is something else entirely
>>
>>8783877
>living with an actual nigger
When I was checking out my first apartment the land lady insisted on checking on us in person. I still think she was making sure we were not ethnic and I don't blame her.
>>
>>8796135
even if that wasn't the case, who the fuck rents to someone they've never met and had a conversation with?
>>
>>8786127
That's why you don't live with /r9k/
>>
>>8788002
>I'm disabled and can't get a job
>I'm a live in maid

Well which is it?
>>
>>8787056
Yeah the part where it boils over is the only problem, if he doesn't add salt and snaps it in half and you're so triggered, nobody is hurt. Your post is 85% /ck/-meme sperging
>>
>>8792608
I have done this once when I followed a Girl Scout home.
And now I have to tell the neighborhood I move to that I really like cookies.
>>
These threads are always so instructive on how the general population lives. How can people live with food and shit rotting and accumulating all around them? It's like a bizarre combination of mental illness and lack of discipline, like ffs how hard is it to clean up after just yourself?Some people were not beaten nearly enough as kids.
>>
>>8784356
Gorilla Warfare up in this bitch
>>
>>8796442
You mean guerilla?
>>
>>8783969
Having lived with two women, I can tell you right now you couldn't be more wrong. They were messy and couldn't clean for shit.
>>
>>8795328
What evidence?
>>
>>8784248
For you?
>>
>>8786577

As someone who has done exactly this with greasy disgusting roommates, this is solid advice and can lead to a very fruitful relationship.

My last two roommates dated, and the dude was a disgusting neckbeard that did chainmailing and magic the gathering. His chick and I got drunk one night and she told me he hated eating her out. Needless to say I ended that evening eating that pussy like thanksgiving dinner, and dated her for two years after that.
>>
>tfw missed to chance to have roommates

[muddled reee in the distance]
>>
>>8783922
I live in an apartment building and my neighbor does this all the time. Usually for 2-3 days it will be right outside their door (unfortunately also right next to mine) until multiple bags pile up, then it might get taken down one floor and sit there for a couple of days, and then after a while it will get taken outside.
They have a teenage son, I think his mom asks him to take out the trash and he does this. Because the only explanation for doing this (and bringing fucking ROACHES sniffing around constantly) is if one were a lazy undisciplined child.
>>
File: nigger.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>8786577
Dubs speak the truth
>checked
>>
>>8784784
I'm so sorry anon, nobody should be forced to live there.
>>
>>8795971
brah this is all at UT isn't it

is your girl in fucking riverside or something cause I can't imagine anything being more than walking distance in west campus
>>
My girlfriend gets angry when I leave Parmesan cheese out or ketchup. I mean just on the table or counter too, and it's not even super fancy cheese, it's like typical store bought cheese in a shaker container. I don't understand it at all.
>>
>>8788165
my roommates has 8 bottles of coke in the fridge all half full and totally flat, I won't throw them away either because they are his, but I'm pretty sure I will be the one who has to end up doing when the lease is up.
>>
>>8798391
Can't you just tell him to get rid of them?
>>
File: 20161106_122457.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_122457.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>8786008
Oh shit anon, where you at?
>>
>>8795151
talk to the landlord you fucking idiot

tell him that you and aoki will find someone to replace him so he does not have to.

tell him that he consumes drugs in the house and he refuses to clean up after himself

tell him that if he does not kick him out you and aoki will both move out

shits not hard idiot
>>
I walked into my place one time and I saw my roommate naked on my couch on his back with his feet over his head jacking off with his mouth open and tongue out. I assume he was trying to cum in his mouth. I gave him until the end of the next month to move out to avoid legal trouble.
>>
File: 1480106200782.gif (299KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480106200782.gif
299KB, 480x270px
My roommate once made me dress like a girl and suck his dick because I forgot to make dinner. Sheesh, roommates, huh?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 314x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 314x310px
>>8787874
>>
File: sHLmJ4T.jpg (184KB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
sHLmJ4T.jpg
184KB, 1000x584px
>>8801217

pics? pretty please?
>>
>>8801334
Posting pics on 4chan is not my idea of fun
>>
File: people-graduation-peteacher.jpg (53KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
people-graduation-peteacher.jpg
53KB, 500x370px
>>8784211

t. pic related
>>
File: 1491367479404.gif (2MB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491367479404.gif
2MB, 350x250px
>>8801391

Oh come on sweetcheeks, give mommy a little peek of that stretched out boi pussy <3
>>
FUCK living with roommates. I am convinced nobody in the 19-25 year range is a normal, clean, person. I live with other people and they both constantly leave huge crumbs on the counter tops, don't clean after their shitty cooking (which is only pasta dishes), never do dishes, take the communal cups and bowls into their rooms and leave food in them for weeks to rot (which i have to clean up), and are generally savage-level functioning. how can people discard their dignity like this? idgi.

sidenote, the girl i live with doesn't flush her poop. the first time i saw it i thought it might've been an accident, but then i saw it FIVE MORE TIMES. it freaks me the fuck out and i know that isn't normal.
>>
>>8802725
You must exert your dominance by also refusing to flush your poop.
When the poop pile rises above the rim of the bowl, she will be forced to deal with it.
>>
>>8783956
anytime people make posts like this it's safe to assume that they're exaggerating past something they actually experienced. you probably left far more than crumbs on the counter, legitimately created a horrible smell that at least 2 other roommates brought up, left dirty dishes in the sink for over a week, and were probably a shitty roommate
>>
>>8803092

I recommend this advise. It's the only way.
>>
>>8796143
The overwhelming majority of people
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.