[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dining hall's "Philly cheese steak wrap"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: 0118161459.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0118161459.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
My dining hall's "Philly cheese steak wrap"
>>
Disgusting.
>>
File: tumblr_n60ey7FKJt1stpmnfo1_500.gif (684KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n60ey7FKJt1stpmnfo1_500.gif
684KB, 500x500px
>>
Are you posting from a minimum security prison? Who the fuck would serve that?
>>
>>7282415
Looks revolting. What were you expecting us to say?
>>
File: hbb sketti.gif (309KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
hbb sketti.gif
309KB, 300x400px
>you know it's done when it sticks to the wall
>>
>>7282415
At least it looks like real cheese.

Doesn't look all that bad.
>>
>>7282464
lewd
>>
What university?
>>
Damn that's just lazy.

Needs some onions, peppers, and cheez whiz.
>>
>>7282490
almost gave you some respect until you said
>whiz
why must you b8 Anon
>>
This one time, the special in my dining hall was a "nacho burger". It was just a hamburger with nacho cheese and a big Dorito on it.

It was ok.
>>
needs some salt and pepper. Other than that maybe they could have melted the cheese into the meat but I don't see anything wrong with it really.
>>
>>7282505
You're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>7282475
It's "American cheese"
>>7282488
Toledo
>>7282505
Cheese whiz is the authentic way they make it in Philly though right?
>>
>>7282515
>>>/b/
>>
>>7282505
Actually in some philadelphia cheese steak icons use cheese wiz, it's not out of bounds.
>>
Oh wait did I miss the joke... Cool hwip?
>>
>>7282526
cool wpih anona
>>
>>7282523
>>7282521
For real? I'm not well versed in American cuisine, I apologize. I thought the Anon was shit posting.

I've been to Denver and was served a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich by mess hall chef. Had roast beef carved med.rare fried with white onion, sautéed green pepper and white mushroom, sandwiched on a sub bun with cheddar, salt and pepper, and garlic butter on the bun.

I thought most Philly Cheeses were like that
>>
I came up with these a while ago.

Get some sandwich steaks, slices or grated white American cheese, lettuce, and some ketchup.

Put it all on a tortilla, and there, cheesesteak tortilla master race
>>
>>7282544
They'll have whiz, provolone, or American usually.
>>
>>7282671
interesting. thx anon
>>
>>7282515
>>>/out/
>>
>>7282521
>Toledo
Makes sense then, that's the food quality I'd expect to be served at a shit-tier public uni.
>>
>>7282544
Really the only consistancy through the different incarnations of phllychzstx is shaved or sliced beef and cheese. Almost every factor within the sand which is open to at least mild interpretation. I like mine with grilled peppers onions and mushrooms. American cheese and a tiny bit of mayo.

For a good fast food version of this try dangelos. They have an actual grill. Subway philly is an abortion.
>>
>>7282768
interesting, I had presumptions Philly Cheese was a fairly by the books dish. I learned something new today
>>
>>7282544
> roast beef carved med.rare fried with white onion, sautéed green pepper and white mushroom, sandwiched on a sub bun with cheddar, salt and pepper, and garlic butter on the bun.

That sounds fucking good.
>>
>>7282797
it was a spectacular taste, I need to try my hand at it some day
>>
shoot up the school and cite this as the reason if you want there to be change
>>
>>7282415

I am so, so sorry.

If you ever go to philly, go to reading terminal market and get a roast beef sandwich from DiNics.

The best sandwich I've ever had in my life. Better than the local cheesesteaks I've had from every 'famous' and many non-famous places in philly.
>>
>>7282415
Why are you eating at a dining hall like a poorfag?
>>
>>7282521
No Wiz is a scam sold by managers in the late 80s early 90s to sucker tourists because its cheaper than real cheese, even though it taste noticeably worse. Pretty much everyone in Philly and the surrounding areas get Provolone (the original cheese) or American cheese.
>>
>>7283935
Pat's and Geno's are crap shit for tourist but I very much doubt it was better than Chink's cheese steak or even Jim's
>>
>>7282768
I like mine with peppers, onions, mushrooms, provolone, and spicy mustard.
>>
>>7283959

I've had Jim's.

Trust me, go to DiNics. The roast beef + sharp provolone is perfection.
>>
>>7282662
>came up with these

Congrats!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453179391224.jpg (22KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453179391224.jpg
22KB, 800x600px
my dining hall's "turkey club"
notice the meat is ham
>>
>>7282544
Im of the camp that feel a real philly needs fake cheese.

But i prefer a cheese steak with swiss or peper jack
>>
You know what really pisses me the fuck off? Dining halls attempting to serve excessively complex dishes that they never had a chance of doing well.

Dining halls could cook some excellent stews and goulashes and the like, but instead they serve frozen bullshit for god knows what reason.

And they charge ~$9 to eat.
>>
>>7282415
Tweet this to Ja/ck/ and say you made a lazy man's cheesesteak
>>
>>7282464
That's true though. Still better to actually bite into it to make sure it's done to the level you like though.
>>
>>7284447
The last dining hall I ate at on the regular was able to pull off some awesome shit, like deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving, varied pasta types made fresh to order, and a bunch of ethnic foods among other things. Some are just better than others senpai.
>>
>>7284221
kek they forgot to put the lid on it
>>
>>7282544
I live in philly. its provolone unless you go to a shitty tourist trap
>>
>>7284447
when I was in school my dining hall would do really good shit on the mondays, the day all the high school kids were doing visits and got a free meal at the dining hall.

other days they didnt try to go over the top but was still good. always had a sandwich deli, asian station, pasta station, omelette/stir fry station, burger/chicken sandwich, and then the daily special
>>
>>7284622
Fucking this. Prov is top tier for cheese steak. Also onions, peppers, and mushrooms, but the last is personal preference.
>>
>>7282428
The cancer of /ck folks, ladies and gents

A bitter housewife who posts oc meals nobody cares about and is forever scorned!
>>
File: specbaggedbread.jpg (88KB, 628x327px) Image search: [Google]
specbaggedbread.jpg
88KB, 628x327px
>>7282774
a philly cheesesteak if steak, onions, and provolone cheese. if you had peppers its called a peppersteak and if you had mushrooms its called a mushroom steak. theyre all good but philly is anal about sandwich names. theyre also called hoagies not subs in philly

the real rule is it must come on amoroso's roll
>>
>>7284221
How lazy are they and how much are you paying for your toddlers-first-sandwich?
>>7284611
>lid
Heh
>>
>>7284611
>lid
BOH detected; what's crackin' mah nigga?
>>
File: 1452962308064.jpg (205KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452962308064.jpg
205KB, 2000x1000px
>>7282490
>cheez whiz
>>
>>7282415
>cheese
>steak
>wrap

whatta you complainin about
>>
>>7282774
It's a regional specialty, which already meant that the different places around town would have strong opinions about how to do it right, and then on top of that it became a tourism icon at home and a stereotypical menu item at sandwich shops nationwide. That's fertile ground for growing arguments about how to do a dish right.
>>
>>7284221
the cutting board is on your side, so you made that yourself at the deli bar for some epic /ck/ OC
>>
>>7282415
Fuck OP, you got a chipotle across the street if your going shit tier at least get palatable shit tier. You could have ordered something from oasis and it would have been better and oasis is the worst restaurant in toledo. Your laziness should be on trial not the shitty dining hall food. There is a pizza hutt and subway in that dining hall both of which are terrible but better than the cafeteria. Fuck you, you're probably not even a native toledoan go back to the greater cleveland area or India or wherever the fuck you are from.
>>
I really don't see what the problem is with OPs photo. I think it looks good and normal. I do it all the time with chickenumms sliced thin and some paprika and salt/pepper and rotisserie seasoning and melt some provolone over it and wrap it up. It's basically the same thing. Good job with your lunch purchase OP! I bet it was fabulous!
>>
>>7285425
>I really don't see what the problem is with OPs photo. I think it looks good and normal.
If your standards are those of the trailer park, prison or military.
>>
>>7284986
are you retarded?
>>
>>7285258
I'm from a small city in central Ohio.
And I'm on the meal plan, so I gotta use them swipes senpai.
I'm eating magic wok rn.
>>
>>7285446
8 years military, now live in a trailer but not in a park but the middle of no where. So you are pretty close
>>
>>7285494
The Philly steak wrap has to be better than magic wok. Magic wok is the worst Chinese food you can get, everything is chicken nugger and rice in a crappy oily sauce. OP you have failed this city.
>>
>>7285501
So basically your concept of normal is commodity grade food, prepared in a manner so as to be inoffensive to even the pickiest eater. To those of us who rarely if ever eat such things it looks like comically bad foodgore. Different worlds.
>>
>>7285523
Pretty much, yeah. But that doesn't prevent me from commenting on it. Nobody agrees on anything anyways regardless of where they come from or are at.
>>
>>7284660
Gotta use that cheese wiz man. That's where it's at.
>>
File: 0118161509.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0118161509.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>7285519
I eat their general tso at least 3 times a week. Where I'm from all we have is shitty buffets and magic wok is the best Chinese I've ever had.
You city slickers are so spoiled.
The dining hall's are actually really good except for when they try to get fancy.
>>
>>7285570
That looks amazing. Is there suppose to be something wrong with it?
>>
>>7285544
>doesn't prevent me from commenting on it.
Nor should it. Part of what keeps me coming here is the difference of opinions from people who live in entirely different worlds. (FWIW: aging mostly vegan rock and roller living in Brooklyn here).
>>
>>7285578
No not at all. It's really good.
Like I said their normal food is very good but their specials are awful.
>>
File: 1216151358.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1216151358.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Posting more uni food.
>>
>>7282415
A shit ...
:^)
>>
>>7285570
I have never ate a Chinese buffet that is worse than magic wok. Magic wok is literally frozen deep fried nuggets, frozen egg rolls and the non breaded chicken is in a big sysco bag pre cooked. It is the lowest tier "chinese" food in the United states. For people not from toledo think panda express, but 20x worse. I seriously hope you are trolling, if not you are the biggest country bumpkin on 4chan. Go back to pemberville or whatever 2 horse town you're from.
>>
>>7285807
Don't forget "good" is a matter of the standards you're used to. There are people who think food made from SYSCO or US Foods level ingredients is delicious, because that's all they know.
>>
>>7284447
Same. Huge fuck you to the student body.

Making a good beef stew, or goulash, isn't hard. It also scales incredibly well.

But every single fucking time they tried, the meat and veggies were bland, and the broth tasted like "Boiled beefwater". The fucks treated it like some shit mediocre crockpot.
>>
>>7285807
Friend, get outside of your fancy cities a bit.
Not all of us have the same nice food you do.
I find magic wok very good. It's okay if you don't.
I also like chain pizza much to the chagrin of people here.
Not everyone has a complex pallet. Some of us like simple, hearty food.
>>
>>7285888
>Some of us like simple, hearty food.
A legit question is where exactly is the line between that and garbage? Is there even such a line? Is it chain pizza? Tuna noodle casserole? Chicken nuggets? Hell, overcooked spaghetti topped with watery, cinnamon flavored chili and a mountain of shredded orange colored cheese is simple and hearty, but does that make it good?
>>
>>7284233
Real cheese is a no brainer for all but the "muh authenticity" crowd.
>>
>>7284660
We really just call them cheesesteaks, hoagie implies that it's served with lettuce, tomato, and raw onion (which is on the menu at a lot of places but no one really gets)
>>
>>7285831
>>7285888
First off he is by a university, a very large one in fact. He is in a mecca of coffee houses and small really good diners and great full service restaurants within walking distance of school. He is in probably the most cultured part of the whole city.

Fancy cities? This is Toledo the home of blue collar working class and Jeep. This is the furthest place from a fancy city. I get you have to use your meal plan, I went to school away too. But please don't act like you can't walk two blocks and get better quality food or Magic Wok is the best chinese food you ever ate. Because that means you love fried breaded chicken nuggets in a vaguely Asian sauce. That's sad and you should at least broaden yourself a bit. For fuck sake walk 5 blocks north to the Costco and wander around eating samples.
>>
Looks about as high quality as most of the sandwiches you find in philly
>>
>>7287455
I don't think you understand man.
It IS the best Chinese I've ever had. I've never been to places that are better. I'm from a city of 13k.
All there are are shitty buffets.
I have a meal plan for the University so I eat what is on campus. I'm not worried about authenticity, if it tastes good I eat it.
I'm sure there are better places than magic wok, but I've never been to them, nor do I have the time or money to do so.
>>
>tfw I live in philly

can i get it with wiz tho

WITH
I
Z
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.