[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Your country 2. Are you proud of its cuisine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 16

File: 1446183610238.jpg (353KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446183610238.jpg
353KB, 1000x1000px
1. Your country

2. Are you proud of its cuisine?
>>
Midwest US

no
>>
>>7145430
>>>/int/
>>>/pol/
Take your pick
>>
>Turkey

Food is good if you don't live in the fucking mountains. I grew up hating my countries food because my mom came from the mountains and food is terrible there. After moving out I discovered the wonderful world of city life.
>>
Mexico

Yes, I like it a lot
>>
>>7145430
US

Why they fuck would I be proud of something I or someone else didn't do on a personal basis? This shit about countries as a whole having the best food available is stupid.

This isn't fucking /pol/ and I'm tired of shitheads pretending it is.
>>
>>7145440
>>7145487
what the fuck is wrong with you retards?
>>
>>7145430
Ireland
Yes
>>
File: images (31).jpg (16KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
16KB, 470x313px
australia

fuck yeah cunt
>>
>>7145505
Because being proud of something just because you happen to live there is dumb. Wow, your parents fucked in the US or France or something, your retarded ass was shat out 9 months later. 20 some odd years past and its

>HEY GUISE ARE YOU PROOOOOUD OF WHERE YOU LIVE? OF THE FOOD YOU EAT? HURHURHUR I SURE AM
>>
>>7145538
This. Our food is fucking great.
Love a good pav mate.
>>
>>7145544
>>>/b/
>>
File: 58501716387be5b8_sf.jpg (60KB, 550x370px) Image search: [Google]
58501716387be5b8_sf.jpg
60KB, 550x370px
1. USA
2. Yes I love American cuisine
>>
File: Beef_Mushroom_1.png (545KB, 712x516px) Image search: [Google]
Beef_Mushroom_1.png
545KB, 712x516px
Australia

Yeah. It's not Italy/France/Mexico level but I love a good meat pie.
>>
File: duck-andouille-gumbo.jpg (27KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
duck-andouille-gumbo.jpg
27KB, 480x319px
I live in Louisiana. Food's pretty good here.
>>
United states.

Yes and no. We have many great things, but also many things I'm not proud of. Even if we have a lot of things that are excessive or disgusting, we've still married different cuisines in many interesting ways. I think perhaps the bad will come with the good, a necessary evil for the new and interesting foods we can develop.
>>
>>7145771
pretty much the same for me. i feel like the usa is the best and worst.
>>
>>7145628
>making a meat pie for dinner tonight

Yes.
>>
>>7145430
Is that picture for real? It seems awfully dangerous walking around like that, you get more visibility walking while looking down at your cell phone. Do women ever cross the street over there?
>>
>>7145430
Also does the burkah thing come from arrogant women who think all men are going to want her or insecure ugly men who are afraid to lose their wives?

Well I suppose by reading the Koran you know that Muhammad married some pretty young women when he was an old fart so I guess he wanted to keep them covered so he would never lose them.

Why do ugly people and pompous people have to ruin everything?
>>
>>7145430
Southwest United States

Not really, no.
>>
File: 1200px-Boudin_blanc_truffé.jpg (183KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Boudin_blanc_truffé.jpg
183KB, 1200x900px
>>7145666
Looking forward to going home for the holidays to eat some of these whores.
>>
File: tourtiere-shot-1.jpg (115KB, 1279x765px) Image search: [Google]
tourtiere-shot-1.jpg
115KB, 1279x765px
It's alright. I'm on the boring end of the country though, most of the good food is french canadian. The entirety of my exposure has been some winter festivals where we had a bunch things including breakfast pancakes and bacon and eggs and all that, pâté chinois (shepherds pie), tourtière (meat pie), and fucking maple syrup on a stick.

Kraft Dinner is apparently a contender for our national food, so that's a little weird. And sad. Nah I'm just kidding I love Kraft Dinner.
>>
File: Boudin_pic.jpg (105KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
Boudin_pic.jpg
105KB, 500x677px
>>7145832

Boudins are the shit. The perfect sausage.
>>
File: surf-and-turf-poboy.jpg (65KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
surf-and-turf-poboy.jpg
65KB, 700x350px
Po boys too.

You know what. I'm making this my Louisiana circlejerk thread.
>>
File: an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg (134KB, 705x397px) Image search: [Google]
an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1.jpg
134KB, 705x397px
1. Ohio, USA
2. its the same shit everywhere, we take cuisines and make it better or worse. I enjoy it, so i guess that's all that matters really.

Also, can a British person explain to me why french fry sandwiches are a thing in the UK, called chip butties.

>pic related
>>
File: tumblr_lm5fciXEeN1qjex8wo1_500.jpg (236KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lm5fciXEeN1qjex8wo1_500.jpg
236KB, 500x375px
None of you fucking plebes have seen a proper Louisiana crawfish boil before.
>>
>>7145862

A butty is a sandwich.... that's it.
>>
>>7145832
OMG for a hot second I thought you were posting a picture of maggots, and I was thinking thanks a fucking lot, I just swallowed a shot and saw that.
>>
>>7145887
Go back to facebook.
>>
>>7145862

I thought they came from Earthworm jim, and had pickles in them.
>>
>>7145852
I once paid to have boudin put on dry ice and mailed to the Hudson Valley. If I ate one more kielbasa, I was going to flip out.
>>
File: 1368079708213.png (36KB, 1582x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1368079708213.png
36KB, 1582x1526px
>tfw other louisiana negros in this thread

going to the best stop tomorrow for some boudin and cracklin's.
>>
>>7145821
Wtf southwest is the second best food region
>>
>>7145430
>'straya
yeh mate, our grub is tops
>>
>>7145430
1. greece

2. its tasty and hard to hate but its all so boring
>>
>>7145943
>grub
so what else do you guys eat besides larvae and faggot bread?
>>
>>7145985
Try using google, dumb cunt
>>
>american

>cuisine

>qwizeeeennnnnn

https://a.pomf.cat/wuxwtb.webm
>>
>>7145430
Italy
yes, best food in planet earth imho

drinking mojito is haram
>>
>>7145430
1. Afghanistan
2. Yes. We cook as well or better than Iran, Pakistan or India. My mother, whose face I have never seen, is a great cook. I just wish she stopped speaking in such a muffled voice.
>>
Russia
Yeah, sure, it's bretty good.
>>
>>7145821
> southern bbq
> not the best

Honestly what the heck are you doing, going to McDonald's every day?
>>
>>7145863
Gotdamn
>>
>>7145863
What happens to the water they're boiled in?
>>
>>7147925
they bath in it

were do you think cajuns get their odor from?
>>
>>7145861
It's just a hoagie with fried seafood.
>>
>>7145430
>England

Eh, most of our cuisine involves:
>Stuffing anything we can into a pasty
>Lots of intricate desserts
>Appropiating other cultures food and then reinventing it

The most English dish I can think of is Tikka chicken with bacon buttie stuffed with chips, rice pudding with cranberries and your local bottle of cider to wash it all down.
>>
why would you be proud of your cuisine lmao
>>
>>7145438
2 points for Midwest and no.
>>
>>7145600
>Take your truth to /b/!!!!
Fuck off.
>>
>>7145666
I know you got satan trips, but what the fuck is that picture of?
>>
>>7145430
>Proud of
Considering I didn't create any of it, I don't care.

Washington state, USA.
>>
>>7148120
read the filename
>>
Hong Kong

It is pretty good, the only street food that rivals it is Singapore
>>
>Puerto Rico

>Yes, duh.
>>
>>7148247
Have you been to Vietnam? Particularly HCMC. That was the best street food experience I had when I toured Asia.
>>
>>7145862
>dat pic

Not a Brit here but to me that only seems/sounds worse than it actually looks or I imagine it would be. Although instead of ketchup I would like it with bbq sauce, as I don't like ketchup on sandwiches but I do like bbq sandwiches and burgers.
>>
>>7145863
Crawfish is more work than its worth. And I'm not even talking about catching and cooking it. I mean just eating it is a fucking chore, not unlike sunflower seeds with the shell on... but in the case of crawfish, its like 80% shell. Sure some people suck the brownish/greyish shit looking "brains" out of the neck area, but wow that is fucking gross shit. Hey you know what? fuck crawfish. Its all shit, really. Shrimp wins in every way.
>>
Armenia

Fucking love it
>>
England

Of course. Our cuisine may not be particularly varied, but nobody puts meat inside of pastry like a brit. If we're counting beer as part of culinary legacy Britain has many styles particular to it due to our relative isolation from the rest of Europe. We also seem to have an obsession with overly flavourful sauces as well, having gifted the world with horseradish, english mustard and marmite.
>>
>>7145862
They're pretty much 'I'm twelve, I'm hungry and mum isn't home from work to make me dinner' tier. I don't think anyone over the age of 15 would ever eat a chip sandwich.
More to the point I tried making one once, fucking hated it
>>
File: smK2oBw.jpg (129KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
smK2oBw.jpg
129KB, 1200x675px
>>7149146
Horseradish is slavic, and was made popular by the germans. Marmite is shit, english mustard is fucking incredible. No mention of the full english breakfast? You beer weak as shit but great for session drinking.
>>
>>7149190
Horseradish was popularised by the germans brits and scandis.
>your beer is weak as shit
There are there are about 6 styles of beer native to britain, two of them are traditionally low alcohol, the rest are all fairly strong.
>>
How do you eat solid foods in a burka?
>>
>>7149347
I give up. How?
>>
Chinaman

Yea its pretty up there

>inb4 rhino and tiger dick
>>
>>7149352
You put the food on your nose, shake your head slightly so that the food slides down to your mouth, and then wipe the food trail off your face.

Repeat until the meal is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhjnAVnY5ns
>>
>>7145430
Canada
No
>>
>>7149352
oh ahhahhahha I actually looked it up

Good part starts at 5:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQgWjv9iH3k

> "all the extra coverage is going to keep you from ... exposing your cheek"

jesus, the lady is literally covering everything except her eye slits. She's even wearing black gloves.
>>
>>7149368
but poutine is awesome
>>
1 Italy
2 Best food in the world(imho)
>>
>>7145430
UK

It's pretty good. Doesn't deserve the terrible reputation but it's not the best in the world.
>>
>>7149374
what goes through the mind of a person like this

do they ever stop and think about what they are doing?
>>
1 The netherlands
2 Its alright.. i rate 7/10
>>
>>7149408
"Whatsh for dinner Merel?"
"mushed vegetables with sausage and more mashed vegetablesh Lars"
"Oh yah my favourite 7/10"
>>
>>7149374

I wish that video was made as a joke, and have a hard time believing that it wasn't.

>i'm actually wearing another mask under my mask

It reached straight up Naruto levels of ridiculousness at that point, and only went downhill.
>>
Minnesota.

Yes.
>>
>>7149505
>minnesota
>country
Oops.
US I guess then. Upper midwest
>>
>>7149487
You underestimate the creativity of a Dutchman armed with a deep fryer.
>>
>I'M KOREAN

SON OF A BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER?

DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

AMERICAN IS PIG DISGUSTING

GEORGE BUSH IS A MURDERER

FUCKING U.S.A
>>
Is it just me or do people gloat about Creole food and Louisiana foodways on here to seem special on here and they are like from Arkansas or Mississippi?

>>7145863

As a prime example. We it crustaceans that are spiced, same with Sweden. It's not that big of a deal.
>>
Scotland.

Its decent enough, we're far better at making alcohol though.
>>
Greece

I like every part of every animal and I like vegetables with tons of oil and dairy products, so it's pretty good. Don't know if proud is the right word but I like it.
>>
>>7145438
Same here. I like funnel cakes, but thats it.
>>
File: SteaméDOg.jpg (95KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
SteaméDOg.jpg
95KB, 525x350px
>>7145430
> Québec
> Oui
>>
>>7149534
Are you the malaka posting on /hoc/ and calling desharnais desharnais?
>>
>>7145430

1. germany

2. pride is not something you can feel towards a country or a countries cuisine

I like german cuisine with some exceptions
>>
>Turkfag

I fucking love it. I love all the meat dishes and all of the desserts. My favorite one would be "tandır" and "künefe" as dessert.
>>
>>7145430
>El Salvador
It's nice. Probably not good for you *at all* but I like it.
>Moved to Canada
I like poutine. Don't know what else we have.
>>
>>7145430
Northern Ireland
I guess potato bread is pretty gr8? I don't think we have any unique food that we axctually came up with, just Irish or stuff from GB.
>>
>>7145430
1. India

2. Of course I am
>>
PNW America. Yes. We care about what goes into our bodies enough to make some pretty damn good food.
>>
File: pastie-supper.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
pastie-supper.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>7150334
Turns out the pastie is actually something we came up with, I definitely not proud of it what so ever but they are delicious. Champ, dulse and soda bread are also all god tier.
>>
>>7145430
1. the greatest country on earth
2. of course, I'm not a commie
>>
>>7145613
>carbs
>>
File: slide1-matts-new.jpg (403KB, 950x515px) Image search: [Google]
slide1-matts-new.jpg
403KB, 950x515px
>>7145430
>Minnesota
no. hot dishes are fine but im certainly not "proud" of it.

this shits p good though
>>
>>7149190
English mustard is shit. I got some Colman's a few weeks ago. Where's the vinegar? It's bland, and it's not even that hot.
>>
>>7150313
>El Salvador
Is it true that Salvadoran people eat French bread with everything?
>>
American

Me and my countries cuisine can never part; it's all in my arteries.
>>
>>7150402
Bread can be added to almost everything we eat but I've never heard of it being french bread ins specific.
>>
>>7145613
>overcooked sweet corn
>>
>>7150389
>english mustard
>bland

Did you put the tiniest possible amount on or something? What do you consider good mustard, dijon lol?
>>
>>7150510

>what do you consider good mustard, dijon lol

Fucking bongs, with the cheapest travel accommodations to Western Europe, staying in their provincial little villages, thinking they're cultured, and that their food is actually something anyone else in the world envies.
>>
>>7150510
I ate a spoonful tbqh
I prefer mustard with vinegar
>>
>>7150453
My mom is always saying stuff like "In my country we always eat this with pan francais" or "That would be good with a little pan francais".
>>
1. Poland

2. Yes, however I don't think it's very good. Polish cuisine is hearty stick to your ribs food. Lots of grease and oil used. Lots of dumplings and meat. But ultimately it lacks on flavor. It's boring. It's bland.

In my house I started cooking early because my parents only knew how to cook Polish food and the only spices in the kitchen they had were salt, pepper and marjoram. I like my food spicy or well seasoned.

Having said that, from time to time I like having Polish food. Especially in the winter when it's cold outside and I'm eating a nice warm cup of bigos or some dumplings. Perogies are fantastic obviously but I don't actually eat them often and desu I prefer Asian dumplings.
>>
>>7149824
I understand none of the things you are saying,
>>
>>7148596
>I mean just eating it is a fucking chore, not unlike sunflower seeds with the shell on
wtf, you just press it or bite it sideways and it comes off
>>
China

Shit yeah, it's all great, the Chinese-American candied meats and the authentic entrails and chicken feet
>>
>>7150389
Was it gone off? I just can't imagine how anyone can call english mustard bland.
>>
>>7145863
Fucking field corn.
>>
>>7151161
it's not that he can't figure out how to open it... but it takes a long time
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.