[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 91

File: AskForHelp_Logo_2[1].png (27KB, 677x673px) Image search: [Google]
AskForHelp_Logo_2[1].png
27KB, 677x673px
Old thread is dying >>9477854

You know what to do.
>>
File: -2.jpg (152KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
-2.jpg
152KB, 1000x1000px
I'm storing a very expensive and precious piece of costume in a plastic bag to protect it from moths and dust (basically pic related, but a bit fancier.)
I have put a few small pieces of some kind of wood known to repel moths and other insects (I don't know its name in English sorry) inside and outside the bag to repel them as an additionnal measure.
I've heard some people tell me that storing my costume like that increases risks of mold appearing on it by a lot, which worries me a bit.
Very few things appear on Google to either confirm or deconfirm that this risk exists.

If there's some storage expert lurking this thread I would hugely appreciate some input on this.

tl;dr Does storing a costume in a plastic bag with some wood to give it a moth-reppelling sent increase the change of mold destroying it ?
>>
If I tie a wig in a ponytail, can I safely pack it in the same small rectangular box it comes with?

wouldn't the ponytail make it's density/shape too uneven to safely store?
>>
>gonna be soloing a con this time on june

How do I take pics with other people?

I mean, do I simply find a friend of that guy and he can take the pics with my phone? what if I want a group shot? i cant really ask a stranger to take it.

A stranger probably doesnt give a shit and will be shaking like a meth addict and give me a blurry picture or just drop my 600$ phone accidentally or just outright steal it if he's a certain demographic.

Fuck, this is so difficult.

and no im not fuckin doing selfie shots.
>>
A guide I saw on EVA armor says to get straight edges and bends, you should cut the back and glue it to itself
Is this good advice, or should I make it in pieces and glue together, or even heat with a hair dryer and bend over something straight?
>>
File: IMG_8105.png (100KB, 351x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8105.png
100KB, 351x391px
Any suggestions on the hair to build for my Rowley cosplay? Am I better off making cylinders out of the eva foam and heat those to make the hair strands seen here

Also, gonna keep things faithful to the books for the cosplay and found a white bodysuit for the cosplay.

Should that suffice or is that overkill since I'm only going to be covering my arms and legs?

Also, should I make a accurately sized head of make the eva mask head comically big?
>>
>>9494266
uhh, not to sound rude but cant you just try it out yourself and get your answer? im assuming you still have the rectangular box your wig comes in, right?
if it fits without smashing anything then I guess it works. if it doesnt fit, well, i guess it doesnt fit.

>>9494325
>i cant really ask a stranger to take it.
why not?

>A stranger probably doesnt give a shit and will be shaking like a meth addict and give me a blurry picture or just drop my 600$ phone accidentally or just outright steal it if he's a certain demographic.

find people carrying around DSLRs. chances are they probably know a thing or 2 about taking pictures so theres a good chance you will get a decent picture.
worried about blurry pictures? ask different people to take your picture during the con.

I do this all the time because there are days at a con when im going solo. stop being so scared and paranoid with people.
hell, people have approached me many times for the exact same thing when im just wandering around with my camera taking pictures.

>A guide I saw on EVA armor says to get straight edges and bends, you should cut the back and glue it to itself
care to share what guide youre using? ive never heard such a thing. unless im reading your question wrong (or perhaps youre wording it wrong)
if you want straight edges, use a sharp knife when cutting.
>>
>>9494408
>Am I better off making cylinders out of the eva foam and heat those to make the hair strands seen here

have you tried making long cylinders out of eva foam? they are pretty tough to make. at least i find them kinda tough to make.
just go to a hardware store and just buy rubber tubes and then just seal the ends with something like rubber sealant. you can maybe use some paint to go over the rubber so it doesnt just look like rubber tubes.

>Should that suffice or is that overkill since I'm only going to be covering my arms and legs?
if youre only going to have your arms and legs exposed. might as well just make/buy yourself some arm colored sleeves and stockings that match. really though, just go with whatever is cheaper.
I personally wouldnt go for a bodysuit though. bodysuits get fucking hot. but i guess some people might be able to tolerate it more than others.

>Also, should I make a accurately sized head of make the eva mask head comically big?
accurately size and everything will look a bit more "natural".
if you make it comically big, you will most likely get more attention because of it. plus, you will most likely be able to use the mouth section as your eyehole so visibility might be better if its bigger.
its really up to you.
>>
>>9494671
it was this one
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bending-and-Strengthening-Foam-Armor-Cheap-and-Ea/
coincidentally, it was the same one that told me to try to make armor out of as few pieces as possible and to use hot glue to join parts.

sounds like it was pretty crap at this point, but I think I might still have to find a way to make clean, almost square bends in the chest-plate I'm trying to make

what would i use then? a heat gun and something straight like a ruler to bend it over until I get the right angle?
>>
>>9494690
I just realize this was for strengthening the foam and not actually shaping, so I read it wrong. Guess that still doesn't change that it has weird advice the people from here seem to think is wrong
>>
>>9494212
I understand that keeping clothes in sealed bags can lock in moisture, which would encourage mold growth. It depends entirely on your home and climate though. Is the bag sealed or is there a vent to vent moisture?
>>
>>9494342
It works very well for nicely rounded corners and organic shapes, but be sure to not cut through and put the cuts in the right spots
for the cuts int he back you can use hotglue, but use contact cement for everything else

>>9494690
If you want a nice 90 degree clean corner, take two pieces, a metal ruler and a really sharp box cutter and slide your box cutter along the metal ruler in a 45degree angle to get a sharp beveled cut. Then glue the two angled foam parts together carefully with contact cement. I recommend watching some evil ted videos (https://youtu.be/bsmAzZqaHJw?t=151 good one to start for basic foam stuff)
Just don't use hotglue to glue the edges together, it'll make it messy since hotglue spaces it out and gets everywhere
>>
>>9494694
Thank you very much for your input.

I live in a dry and hot area (which is why moths are such a problem in the first place), and my house does not have an humidity problem.
The bag is completely sealed though.

I guess I could open it outside its storing place every week for an hour or so to avoid moisture ?
>>
>>9494691
if you want some really good EVA foam tutorials, go on youtube and search up Punished Props and evil ted
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 240x240px
Who do I cosplay as fampai
>>
>>9494749

cosplay as some random faggot.

dont even have to work on anything
>>
>>9494701
why not just use one of those vacuum bags for clothes? ive never used them myself but they are used for long term storage so it should get the job done
>>
>>9494749
Something with a mask preferably. Sorry senpai.
>>
File: Rolly_Roll.png (663KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rolly_Roll.png
663KB, 404x600px
Billy hatcher anon again, this time I'm planning out the gf's costume

How would I do the shoes? From the looks of it, it's a pointed toe shoe with the toe pointed up to the point that you see the gripped underside. CGI renditions of the character seem to allude to the same conclusion I came to.

I figure for billy hatchers shoes, I'll use eva foam or part of a clown shoe to make the shoe more bulbous. Would there be a way to make Rolly's shoes by using eva foam? Would there be a way to make the underside follow through to the actual underside of the shoe so that it remains uniform?

I'm not sure if what I'm asking makes sense.
>>
>>9494212
>some kind of wood
Cedar?

Entire closets made of cedar used to be common to store clothes and prevent moths. My old house had one.

Plastic bags can increase the chance of condensation, the wood doesn't really have anything to do with the mold factor. Like the other Anon, it also depends on where you live. Tropical or rainy areas tend to have a lot of moisture in the air.
>>
>>9494989
follow the same steps youre making billys shoes but just make it pointy
>>
Looking to give a professional finish to pepakura masks. Everything I'm seeing is saying Bondo and fiberglass. Can someone give me tips on what exactly I should be buying and where? I've seen Bondo at hardware stores and Wal-Mart, but I don't know about the fiberglass or whatever I should be getting.
>>
>>9495094
bondo sells fiberglass resins and mats as well. you can get that at pretty much any hardware store like Home Depot.
Make sure you pick up the appropriate safety equipment as well (google it). the stuff youre going to be working with is pretty toxic. especially when you start working with fiberglass. you dont want particles getting in your lungs.

theres a ton on pepakura+bondo+fiberglass tutorials on youtube so make sure you give those a watch.
>>
File: hisoka.jpg (93KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hisoka.jpg
93KB, 600x900px
anybody know what they used to make the pink collars/cuffs?
>>
File: IMG_20170526_155414.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_155414.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Shovel knight help once again.

Got the foam pipe insulation and will add it to the armor soon, im just debating whether I should attach it via velcro on both side of the platebody or have a cord/strap connected to the inside of either side and have that hidden around the inside. Kind if like spaulders

Pictured is a test shoulder piece (orange 2mm foam) and the corner of the platebody. Any thoughts on connecting them?
>>
>>9495229
string it if you want it to stay put, velcro if you want it to be removable. Depends on how you wish to transport it.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 298x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 298x362px
>>9494749
Frodo
>>
File: jacket dye.png (366KB, 659x642px) Image search: [Google]
jacket dye.png
366KB, 659x642px
I've had no luck finding a blazer in the colour and size I need. I do have this rose-taupe coloured blazer in my wardrobe. Question is, is there anyway for me to know what colour it would come out as when dyeing?

I need a mustard/school bus yellow ideally.
>>
>>9495195

you know those kids toys where you throw some donut shaped frisbee and try to land it on a spike on the ground?

thats it, but a bit more elastic I assume.
>>
>>9495002
That's probably it !
Thank you for your help kind anons, I should be fine then.
>>
File: blazer.png (5KB, 247x199px) Image search: [Google]
blazer.png
5KB, 247x199px
>>9495367
If you dyed that blazer with yellow dye, it'd probably come out as a dark, dull orange. Dyeing fabric adds color, it doesn't replace it.
>>
File: Kanna.jpg (453KB, 1600x644px) Image search: [Google]
Kanna.jpg
453KB, 1600x644px
Been trying to figure out which would be better/accurate. The darker or the lighter one?
>>
>>9494701
If the wood chips are completely dry, there should be no problem with the clothing getting moldy. You may check periodically to be on the safe side, but I think it will be fine as long as your humidity is low and the clothing is dry as well.

I work at a storage facility and we highly discourage people from storing damp things, so I think you are on the right track!
>>
>>9495771
I would personally go with the lighter ones.
>>
So I'm going to be making Futaba's goggles very soon, but I'm stuck. How would they even stay on my face? I was thinking of possibly having a strap underneath my wig holding it in place. Does any one else have any better ideas?
>>
>>9495780
Thanks a lot anon.
>>9495771
The darker one seems to be closer proportions-wise.
>>
File: KN4ZBK16[1].jpg (49KB, 906x444px) Image search: [Google]
KN4ZBK16[1].jpg
49KB, 906x444px
>>9495783
>How would they even stay on my face?

probably the same way ski goggles stay on your face. with a strap and nose piece to support it.
>>
File: soldier.png (192KB, 356x669px) Image search: [Google]
soldier.png
192KB, 356x669px
I want to make Soldier's coat from scratch, does anyone have any advice or know of any sewing patterns that are relatively similar to it?
>>
>>9495825
that's what I was thinking, I just didn't know if it seemed silly. thank you!
>>
>>9495958
why would it be silly if its a method thats known to work?
hell, you can even just buy ski/snowboarding goggles and just build her visor around it.
just make sure you use light material for it so it doesnt droop down.
>>
are heat guns not that common?
I asked around at my hardware store and no one had any clue what they were even though their site said they had them in stock
>>
Is crafting, cutting and shaping EVA foam possible without print out diagrams? At least simple shapes

Printerless-fag here.
>>
File: Aggron.png (1000KB, 802x719px) Image search: [Google]
Aggron.png
1000KB, 802x719px
>>9496228
My first foam project was made using stencils i made with aluminum foil.
>>
>>9496228
Yes.

Source: I make my patterns out of paper and cardboard, then transfer them to foam. No printing required. Pattern-making can be complex, but if it's just simple shapes then you should be gucci.
>>
File: 286_breloom_by_tamtamdi-daogxk5.jpg (136KB, 800x985px) Image search: [Google]
286_breloom_by_tamtamdi-daogxk5.jpg
136KB, 800x985px
Any idea how i would do pants like this?
>>
File: HaruNorm1.png (3MB, 1692x1740px) Image search: [Google]
HaruNorm1.png
3MB, 1692x1740px
This has probably been brought up before, but I was thinking of cosplaying Haru in her school uniform from P5 and I'm not sure where I can find tights like hers. Also, even though I've seen Arda's Josephine suggested, I was wondering if any of you had anything different in mind.
>>
>>9496199
I guess I was just over thinking it. and I might, thank you for the advice! Would foam work you think? This is really my first time making props so I don't really know what I'm doing desu
>>
My paper mache mask has been drying for about 6-7 hours and it feels super hard but it's still a little damp.

I have a convention in the morning and I want to know if it's safe to cut/work on it now or if I'm going to fuck it up.
>>
File: Haru.jpg (38KB, 550x866px) Image search: [Google]
Haru.jpg
38KB, 550x866px
>>9496331
I made this design on Redbubble, they're probably not the best option but they're there if you cant find anything else.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/amber-rosin/works/26568642-haru?asc=u
>>
>>9496208
>are heat guns not that common?
they are fairly common.

im guessing you either live in some third world country and/or your hardware store is full of retards.

if that store said they had them in stock, why didnt you point that out to them?
>>
>>9496500
my best guess is that they were retarded workers. I had to describe what a heat gun was as "a power tool that shoots out hot air for working with plastic and paint". They pointed me in the direction of the soldering irons and hot glue guns.
I'm probably just going to order it online and pick it up at that store, since then there's no way they can fuck it up and tell me heat guns don't exist.

on another note, can you sand EVA foam? I'm trying to get as smooth of a cut as I can, but sometimes it isn't 100%. I know you can whittle down the edges with a knife and heat it up to get another smooth edge, but I didn't know if sandpaper was possible to do small adjustments.
>>
>>9496511
yeah you can sand EVA foam. just make sure you get different grit sizes. i mainly use an 80,150,240 size. though, youre probably gonna get little flakes no matter what but when you add layers of primer, it tends to make them less visible.
though, if youre doing small adjustments, i suggest using a dremel tool for it. hell, you probably should have a dremel tool anyways when working with EVA foam.
mostly because using a knife to whittle down edges might not work since EVA foam is pretty soft and flexible so it will get to the point where your knife just wont cut it.
>>
>>9496511
Maybe they were out of stock.
>>
>>9494186
I have just one simple question: Does anyone know where to buy anime patches? They're almost sold out everywhere.
>>
does anyone have any tips or links to guides that help with modifying a bunnysuit/corset to fit better? I haven't been able to find any good tuts out there to make my bunnysuit fit me tighter
>>
File: Capture3.png (147KB, 665x339px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
147KB, 665x339px
>>9495195
>5 whole seconds on google and found dozens of listings
come on anon, did you even try
>>
>>9496299
Just take a bloomer tutorial, lengthen it and tuck/roll in the elastic bits at the bottom so they can't be seen
>>
>>9496376
idk if it's too late now but I'd say go at it with a hair dryer or heat gun (on low! don't burn it!) on all sides to speed up the drying process before you do anything much to it
>>
>>9496773
literally just take it in on the sides/wherever it's loose? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking here
>>
I'm going to SD Comic Con this year, and I'm going to cosplay as Jacket one of the days. I've used a fake baseball bat in the past, but this will be my last year for awhile, so I want to use a real, wooden one. Is that against their weapons policy, or am I good?
>>
File: IMG_8101.jpg (21KB, 150x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8101.jpg
21KB, 150x256px
>>9496297
I made a mock diagram with small paper just to find out how many shapes I needed to make the head.

Is 8 pieces too much?
>>
>>9496990
>Is 8 pieces too much?

have you, you know, tried it out yourself? stop overthinking things and just fucking do it.
if whatever youre making works with 8 pieces of whatever youre doing then go with 8. if its not enough, make more.

>>9497059
>>>/fit/
>>
File: OugiHana.png (1MB, 1914x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OugiHana.png
1MB, 1914x1080px
What is the best way of making a white face like my pic look the best?
>>
>>9497059
/fit/ can help you better.
>>
>>9496964
Look it up on their website yourself ffs
>>
Any wig recommendations for Joker from Persona 5? Tips for messing with it make it look all frizzy would also be greatly appreciated
>>
Generic question but it has been years since I cosplayed last and wanted to know if there was a /cgl/ approved place(s) to purchase full costume sets from?
>>
>>9496511
In my country heat guns are advertised as "a hot air tool to get wallpaper off the wall easier" so maybe ask for that next time, too?

>>9497075
If you're already pale, an even paler foundation. Don't paint yourself white, please.

>>9497194
I'm sure a lot of people just buy things off Aliexpress, Taobao, Amazon and Ebay. Always look at feedback for the item/store.
>>
>>9497210

I'm not really pale but I am pretty white and I was sure that painting my face white would look awful, so what is why I needed to ask.
>>
Is this the right thread to ask about suggestions about what to cosplay?
My brother dared me to cosplay next year and i don't know as what.
>>
>>9497260
>>9491791

but you should probably just cosplay as naruto and fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_20170528_174945.jpg (773KB, 2225x1853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_174945.jpg
773KB, 2225x1853px
When you guys are working with going pieces together do you normally try for a flush edge or get a little extra glue to sand off later?

I'm experimenting with a test piece and it looks like a little extra makes sure there's no space, but it adds work later
>>
How do you get to have sex with a girl dressed in her lolita outfit?
>>
Can you use Plasti-Dip with stencils?
>>
>>9497611
>using hot glue for eva foam

well, theres your problem.
>>
>>9497732
not hot glue. That's model cement anon
>>
File: contact cement.jpg (258KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
contact cement.jpg
258KB, 800x554px
>>9497737
>model cement
well it looks like youre using too much of that stuff then.

use contact cement instead
>>
>>9497755
that was literally my fucking question was how do other people do it since that way sometimes leaves a gap between pieces if you're not joining completely flat pieces. The alternative was to add extra and sand it later.
>>
>>9497690
I dont see why not?
>>
>>9496368
Nayrt, but I think your best bet is foam
>>
File: 4101045339_85a223377b_z.jpg (87KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
4101045339_85a223377b_z.jpg
87KB, 500x334px
Bit of a construction question. Anyone know any kinds of very elastic and stretchy silicone or latex fabric material?

Recently discovered soft robots, and playing around with some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYjo-W2ctU

Gave me an idea to make a Tetsuo cosplay with the grotesque expanding arm from the ending of Akira. The rubbery balloon can inflate to about 10x the size, and is fairly durable, so if I can wrap it in a similarly elastic colored skin, rig the whole thing up to an arduino and motor-powered syringes, then I can make the whole thing pop out on command.

So I'm looking for some sort of thin synthetic or rubber material that will stretch well and with little force. Maybe some sort of latex, or polyester fabric?

>>9497611
Sanding later is best.
>>
File: rikovalentine.jpg (154KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
rikovalentine.jpg
154KB, 512x720px
Does anyone have suggestions of what type of shoes or legwear to wear with pic related? There aren't any full body pics of her outfit so I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what shoes or legwear to wear.

I was thinking that a white mary jane style shoe might be cute but I'm not sure whether i should wear some sort of sock or tight.
>>
>>9497907
maybe smooth on eco-flex?
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/ecoflex/
>>
File: Yamabushi.jpg (14KB, 153x342px) Image search: [Google]
Yamabushi.jpg
14KB, 153x342px
Had no idea such a general existed.
Anyone know where I can found a yamabushi monk garb for purchase?
>>
File: pa.211828.1.jpg (21KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
pa.211828.1.jpg
21KB, 360x360px
What should I do to make the skirt for my Princess of the Crystal cosplay as fluffy as possible?

I want to give my skirt that same bump; I tried cutting a crinoline halfway and using that to support it and give it shape, but the altered crinoline isn't nearly strong enough to hold it up.
>>
>>9498200
Probably by making a cage skirt and having a layer of batting between either side of that and the visible fabrics.
>>
>>9498238
Well, a crinoline is a cage skirt. I could surely make one that's more solid than what I have now and add batting, though. The skirt I made functions almost like a slip cover for a half crinoline/cage skirt.

My current crinoline doesn't have vertical boning, just horizontal. That might be the biggest issue with my current setup.
>>
>>9497103
pls respond

wanna make an informed decision before I go hunting
>>
>>9498257
HERP I was assuming you were using "crinoline" as in what people used to call petticoats which doesn't make much sense anyway. The vertical boning will definitely help, I think because the length will force the horizontal ones into proper curves. You could put some kind of swivel bolts into the intersections so that it can withstand some movement and collapse for packing.
>>
anyone know what type of pants these are? Ive tried searching bondagepants etc. and havn't come up with anything similar.
>>
File: _8001212.jpg (22KB, 350x537px) Image search: [Google]
_8001212.jpg
22KB, 350x537px
>>9498350
White overall shorts with the straps down.
>>
>>9498350
They're overall shorts with the top part/straps hanging down. mostly made out of denim.
pic related
>>
File: Harlock.jpg (85KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
Harlock.jpg
85KB, 800x526px
Is it worth buying cheap aliexpress costumes for their patterns?

I really like the design for this cape but im sure the actual product is going to be made of garbage material.
>>
>>9497096
They say nothing about wooden shit, that's why I'm asking here.
>>
>>9497212

I will bump my question from the other day.
>>
>>9498688
not sure if you just misquoted but >>9497210 literally already answered your question? not sure what else you're looking for.
>>
>>9498485
If it's cheap enough compared to what you'd be willing to spend on a sewing pattern, why not? And there's always the chance you'll luck out and more parts of it will be salvageable than expected. I do this with cheap Taobao cosplays every now and again and it usually works out pretty well for me
>>
>>9498625
then just bring it. if it gets rejected then its your own fault for not asking them directly.
>>
>>9498485
Related, How do i do the shoulder part without it looking like shit?
>>
File: Daru.jpg (15KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
Daru.jpg
15KB, 306x400px
Planning of cosplaying Daru and I was wondering if any places are selling his hat anymore. I tried looking around and haven't found anything so I hope I missed somewhere.
>>
>>9499226
ask an embroidery store or print shop that does fabric printing to make the mark on a plain yellow cap for you
>>
>>9499226
Reverse image searching brings up a few listings on amazon and ebay, but they're between $50-$100. Doing what >>9499229 says is probably cheaper.
>>
>>9499229
>>9499233

I will look into doing that, thanks.
>>
Doing a cosplay from dark souls, really want to make the greatsword of artorias out of eva foam (only thing I can use right now) and am really bad at making patterns, has anyone found one?
>>
>>9499319
https://www.onekura.com/blog/dark-souls-artorias-greatsword/
try this + some video about pepakura and eva foam patterns.
Make sure you reinforce the sword with a pipe in the middle
>>
File: costume311_big.jpg (122KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
costume311_big.jpg
122KB, 600x900px
>>9494186
Now that bodyline is dead does anyone know where I can get a maid uniform that's decent quality and not $60. I really wanna do this for my bf but I'd rather spend a bit less for something I can't wear outside. Especially since I know if I had more things to buy it'd be way cheaper on taobao. If nothing else having free or lower shipping on it would be good.
>>
File: UT8g1zHX3XXXXagOFbXr.jpg (122KB, 748x1000px) Image search: [Google]
UT8g1zHX3XXXXagOFbXr.jpg
122KB, 748x1000px
>>9499431
Oh and I forgot to add I've already checked on aliexpress. The cheap ones pretty much look like this in the reviews.
>>
>>9498366
Tyty
>>
>>9498350
OT but I'm super excited to see someone doing a TWEWY cosplay, it's hard to pull off when the characters are so stylised though.
>>
>>9499319
>want to cosplay as artorias
>doesnt know how to make patterns
>cant even make a sword

uhhh, good luck with the rest of your costume.
unless youre going as "casual" artorias and wear a black hoodie.
>>
How important is makeup for men cosplaying?
Im not trying to crossplay or anything, and have pretty good skin I take care of. How much of a difference does it make for guys to have foundation and stage makeup on?
>>
>>9499463
never said I wanted to cosplay artorias, just wanted his sword with another armor, and I said bad at making patterns, not "don't know how to make patterns"
learn to read
>>
>>9499527
why don't you just fuck off if you're going to talk shit to people asking for help?
>>
>>9499473
You might look alright irl but photos have a way of bringing out the worst in your skin and also flattening the shit out of your face. Light makeup is there to mitigate that more than it is there to make you pretty. Even a lighter coverage foundation to even out your skintone + something to set it will do wonders. How much you add on top of that depends on how much polish your character has and/or what features you need to add or enhance.
>>
>>9499527
>anon asks question in help thread
>other anon gets buttmad that he asked a question

Stay classy /cgl/
>>
File: scam1.jpg (83KB, 704x504px) Image search: [Google]
scam1.jpg
83KB, 704x504px
>>9499559
greater internet dickwad theory is why
>>
Anyone work with resin that knows a good way to combine two parts together?

I have a clear part and a solid part I need to combine, but I'm a bit new to it. E6600 or gorilla glue maybe? I want to make sure its a good permanent hold.
>>
Probably a stupid question, but it's about cosplays that have blindfolds. Do people usually keep them on and have some way to see through? If so how? If not, is it a big deal if you leave it off for the majority?
>>
>>9500098
You can just use a thin material that lets you see through it
>>
>>9500112
I'm paranoid of my face being seen through somehow, even though it's black. (it's another 2b cosplay). Also the material the character wears looks rather thick.
>>
File: 2b_lr_by_artgerm-dayaepa.jpg (198KB, 744x1074px) Image search: [Google]
2b_lr_by_artgerm-dayaepa.jpg
198KB, 744x1074px
>>9500123
im pretty sure ive seen some pretty thick looking spandex but still kinda thin enough to see through it.

If anything though, you can just raise one part of her blindfold (see picture) since its raised a bit higher than the other side. that way you can just quickly shift it down when someone wants to take a picture.
>>
How do you use liquid latex to cover up eyebrows?

In the past thread I saw liquid latex suggested as an alternative to using the glue stick method, but I'm having a hard time finding tutorials for how to use liquid latex to cover your eyebrows. Everything on YouTube goes back to the glue stick.

If I just put latex over my eyebrows, would I just end up yanking out my eyebrows when I take the latex off?
>>
>>9500264
Thanks for the info, Anon
>>
>>9500270
>10 seconds on google
>anon pls
https://www.google.ch/amp/s/liberationmakeup.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/brow-blocking-with-latex-prosthetics/amp/
>>
>>9499940
Just brush/dab a teeny bit of extra resin like you would glue and let it cure, works best in my experience
>>
>>9500270
>If I just put latex over my eyebrows, would I just end up yanking out my eyebrows when I take the latex off?

yeah, if its liquid latex directly onto your eyebrows, youre gonna lose some hair.
are you just trying to conceal your eyebrows? if you are, just go with the glue stick method. no reason to spend the extra money just for that. glue sticks are like $1.

i guess if you really want to do a step beyond that then you can get yourself some makeup wax to protect your eyebrows and then use latex.
>>
>>9499473
>>9499564
adding to this, both con and stage lighting are notoriously bad; the whole reason stage makeup is a thing and usually so exaggerated is because harsh lighting (and in theatre cases, distance) tends to wash you out completely, and makeup compensates for that. Similarly, harsh lighting inside cons can make shiny wigs look shinier, unnoticeable eye bags looks obvious, and pretty decent skin look pretty disastrous, especially if you start to sweat or anything. If you dont feel comfortable trying a full foundation, at least use some sort of pigmented bb cream (and concealer if needed)
>>
>>9500278
Saw that one, but surely there has to be a way to make it look more natural. That one you can see the seams pretty clearly, you know? Still, thank you so much!

What worries me about the glue stick method is I'm not looking to completely obliterate my eyebrow, rather reshaping it.

I have brows that already have some arch and I arch them when I tweeze.

Problem is, this character has straight brows.

So I need to cover up some bits to hide with foundation, while over bits will get drawn over as I attempt to straighten my brows without completely hiding them and drawing hem back in, hoping that keeping some bits of my natural brow will avoid that drawn-on look.

I'm worried with the glue stick method the glue will give as I cover it with foundation, then use powder to shape the eyebrow, then use a fine point to try and create small hairs here and there so it doesn't look perfectly outlined.
>>
>>9500325
have you ever tried testing it out and see if it works or not? like another anon said, glue sticks are super cheap so its not like a big loss if it ends up not working out for you.
you gotta learn how to experiment with things sometimes rather than just reading about stuff.
>>
>>9495547
That middle colour isn't too bad. Is there a way I could dye a small hidden part ( like, inside the collar) to see what the result it?
>>
>>9500445
It'd be difficult. Generally, dyeing things involves submerging the fabric in water for several minutes. If the fabic is made of synthetic fiber, that water has to be boiling.

Honestly, I'd just buy another blazer. It's not hard to find cheap blazers on the internet on eBay, Poshmark, etc. that are the correct color. The blazer you posted doesn't even look like it fits well (that could just be the photo though). Even finding a white blazer and dyeing that would probably look better.
>>
>>9494186
tips for making wigs fit better on a big head ?
>>
File: drag queen.jpg (198KB, 981x956px) Image search: [Google]
drag queen.jpg
198KB, 981x956px
ukfag here.

need to cosplay as a guy with blonde hair in a ponytail and bangs near the uppercheekbones and relatively normal hair on the sides.

speny 40ish buckazoids on a wig in the ladies section and now im afraid a lunkhead like myaelf will rape it.

should i just spend the 30 buckazoids extra and get a decent hair stylist to do it?
>>
>>9497764
Plan your pieces out better so that they fit together tight. There isn't a magic trick.
>>
>>9500707
Not an answer at all
The question was that even with planning and sanding there can be a small gap and there's 2 ways to possibly deal with it
1- leave it and hope the sealing, primer, and paint fill it in
2- use extra glue and sand it down to flat after it dries to make extra sure it's flush

I chose 1 with 0 help from the thread because y'all think get good is the answer to every question
>>
>>9497103
>take short wig
>cut into general shape if needed
>point scissors upwards parallel to hair
>snip that shit up, thoroughly
>apply hairspray
>ruffle fingers through hair
>>
>>9500715
I'm sorry anon, I've just never had the problem you're asking about. It sounds to me just that you aren't making the seams tight enough. If I had to make a suggestion it would be to sand the two pieces so that they lie flat together before painting.
>>
>>9500569
yes
>>
>>9500567
Never tried but I guess you could try splitting the wig cap and adding some fabric inbetween. If it's a quality wig or you want to do it right then you'd probably need two wigs and add a split through the middle, then take an inch or so from the other wig in the middle and sew that in.
If its just slightly too big try to make it wear out a bit and use bobbin pins to secure it to your wig cap (or get a hair cut)

>>9500569
For sure, everyone's first wig is a mess, so if you don't want to ruin it, do it

>>9500715
Use silicone (flexible) or putty (if the part doesnt move much) if its a big gap, sand well up to 400 and then move on with your finishing. Almost every foam construction needs some kind of filling to make the seams look good
>>
Haven't been to this board until yesterday, don't know anything about cosplay.
Where can I find photos of cosplay? They are very interesting to see. I know I can google this, and I will, but maybe there are some websites that you like specifically.
>>
I'm a guy and I'm going to be doing a cosplay that involves wearing a cheongsam. Should I wear flesh colored tights or actually shave my legs and wear short spats?
>>
>>9500775
Unless one of them would compromise accuracy, just do the option that makes you more comfortable.
>>
>>9500715
>get good is the answer to every question
well, it kinda is.
if you get good at your craft, it reduces the extra work you need to do.
stop getting so triggered, sweetie.

and i dont see how >>9500707 isnt an answer. if you plan your pieces out better, it greatly reduces the chances of huge gaps. if anything, you will just be left with tiny seams that can easily be fixed.
>>
>>9500928
I was never talking about huge gaps honey
You and the other anon just assumed and ignored what I wrote.
>>9500739
Actually answers the question instead if just saying "you suck" or "you're doing it all wrong because I'm assuming a ton of shit"
Maybe you should stop getting so triggered and just not reply if you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say
>>
>>9500270
Liquid latex is going to pull off a bit of hair. If you're really struggling with the glue stick method-first coat of glue goes against the 'grain' of the hair. Use secnd and maybe thrid coat to lay it back flat.

To cover the actual color. Use that red stuff drag queens use fr 5 o'clock shadow to neutralize the darkness of the hair, then use your concealer + set it however you want.
>>
>>9495547
It will not come out that color. RGB mixing on the computer is going to look different than color wheel pigment mixing irl. It will turn brown
>>
>>9496773
If you've already got the suit. Literally pin it at the seams till it fits (leave enough room that you could get your pinky finger between the garment and your body). Pick one of the pinned sides when you take it off and mirror how much you take it in to the other side. You can also shorten the crotch of it if it's too long, dart he underboob, etc.

If you're making one from scratch? Make a test version.
>>
File: il_570xN.1021802477_teb5.jpg (182KB, 570x1013px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1021802477_teb5.jpg
182KB, 570x1013px
Doing a cosplay, Horns are currently attached to a headband. How do I get them to stay in place so that if people like bump into me or pull on them they wont fall move, and my entire head will be moved instead.
>>
>>9501117
the best you could do is probably anchoring them with wire

if they're malleable, stick a bent piece of wire into the base, otherwise glue/epoxy a loop of wire to the bottom of each

then poke the other end of the wire through the wig cap and also make it into a loop so that it holds tightly

can't really see a better option that doesn't involve surgically grafting them to your skull
>>
>>9500948
Google Evil Ted Smith's videos and watch all of them. He specifically has a video where he shows how to minimise gappage/how to hide seams if they happen.
>>
>>9500948
>people giving using suggestions
>you keep taking it the wrong way and snap back causing them to reply with an insult
your own damn fault man.
one anon said to use contact cement and another anon said to make cleaner cuts.
I dont know what else youre looking for in an answer. at this point, maybe you should just start looking at EVA foam tutorials on youtube. theres a ton of good ones there.
>>
> bought a prince wig from coscraft
> wefts are so think you can see the mesh

is this normal for coscraft? because there's no way i could spike or do anything with this. it's like ebay quality and this is the third time I've received one like this from them now.
>>
>>9501142
I wasn't using hot glue like that anon said and was already trimming down as much as possible, but like I said, its impossible to get completely flush joints if youre doing it at an angle and after shaping

None if it is helpful and telling me to go Google it or saying 'get good' are both just mindless non-answers. Don't respond if you have nothing to add or are assuming shit that's completely wrong. Another anon was actually helpful and thanks to them for that. But not answering the question and then getting salty when someone says it's not helpful doesn't do anything anon.
>>
>>9501200
>people telling you to find tutorials on EVA foam on google is not an answer
>most of the solutions people get for stuff is from youtube tutorial videos and are just simply relaying the same information here
honestly, i think youre the one whos salty here and super fucking stubborn. yeah, people gave you some asshole-ish responses but they are right in a sense.

>its impossible to get completely flush joints if youre doing it at an angle and after shaping
thats when you start again with a new piece and try again.
>>
>>9501180
Wait you've gotten two of these just as bad from them before and you thought the third was gonna be different? I mean thanks for the heads up though
>>
>>9501117
Are they already permanently attached to the headband? Bc otherwise I'd say to do the headband under the wig trick, with the horns attached through the wig to it. Then the horns would have to take the wig with them to go anywhere, and if you add some wigclips and combs to the wig and headband respectively it should all be solid as can be
>>
whats an easy and low maintenance way to change your eyebrows from black to dark londe or medium blonde?

someone said eye shadow is effective?
>>
>>9501539
A video I saw mentioned washable school glue as a layer then paint or whatever color
Glue makes a layer to color over and washes out without pulling hairs
>>
File: ike_346_821.jpg (45KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
ike_346_821.jpg
45KB, 383x383px
What fabric would work best for a cape like this? Ideally something heavy.

Also, how do I get that bunched up look at the top? I cant seem to find anything for this style of cape
>>
>>9501554

>paint

n-no.. please
>>
>>9501575
Then why don't you tell him what the right answer is instead if shitposting?
>>
>>9501539
Eyebrow mascara work well to lighten things up a bit. Sometimes I combine that and some eyeshadow or if I want stronger pigment, warmed up eyeliner/eyebrow pencil.
>>
>>9501575
You realize that in the 30 seconds you spent writing that reply, you could have just answered the anon's question right?
>>
>>9501581
how is that shitposting? if anything, that anon is saving that other anon from making a terrible mistake.

shitposting would have been them saying "yes, use paint because that would look good".
>>
>>9501693
Its a low information posts that just says no....... With lots of ellipses. No explanation, no answer to the original question, just tearing down another post with nothing else to say

It's a shit post that doesn't say much
A shitpost
>>
>>9501720
it's better than not saying anything because otherwise anon might think that's actually a valid option and end up painting over their eyebrows, which would look like shit
>>
>>9501560
A heavy and bottomweight fabric, like twill or poplin would work. If you want something with more texture, there are some nice canvases that would work as well.
As for the fold, I would make the cape in two parts. The basic rectangle for the flowy part, and wide tube for the collar. By adding a lot of excess fabric to it, and folding it over itself, you can get that look fairly easily.
>>
Wheres a good place to find flexible, clear tubes that are at least 2" thick? I need about 10' just in case I need extra? Its for a Bane cosplay and I don't like the way the cm tubes look.
>>
>>9501860
Probably your local hardware store. Finding tubing that has 2" circumference might be pretty hard though, most vinyl tubing only goes up to 1".
>>
>>9501912
That explains everything thank you, I've got a few hardware stores in my area so maybe ill get lucky, I've been advised to check fish and pool stores too, so we'll see how this goes
>>
I ordered a piece of clothing for a cosplay but it ended up being kinda see through. Is there any way to make it not-see-through? It's a yellow raincoat.

Maybe I should just buy a different one..
>>
>>9501934
ive seen clear tubes in various sizes at my local Ace Hardwares. they were on giant spools and you just ask a worker there to cut you some.
>>
Any idea what this cloak is made of?
I'd like to make a cape with a similar look that can flow so easily.

Here it is in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SollAeH1YZk
>>
>>9502068
If you're feeling ambitious you could try sewing in a lining. If not, buying a new one is probably best.
>>
>>9502068
If it's vinyl/any other plastic you could PROBABLY paint the inside to make it opaque.

Are you doing the rainy demon? If so, it'd be pretty neat to paint the inside black/dark yellow. Otherwise you could just use a more neutral or light yellow.

A lining would work but also be unnecessary work and potentially ruin the look with the stitching.
>>
File: dharc.jpg (182KB, 1000x803px) Image search: [Google]
dharc.jpg
182KB, 1000x803px
I've been planning on making this costume but I have a few questions. Going for the left design, but posted the later form just for more reference
1) What would the best way to go about weathering the cloak?
2) Any particular material recommendations for said cloak?
3)Unsure on the underclothes, kind of cargo shorts (dye them?) more at a loss for the "shirt"

Making the prop staff is another can of worms, but that'll be up to my own research
>>
Anyone have an idea of the type of boots uncle death is wearing? Planing doing it for AX but want some suggestions. Was originally going to wear hi top converse but those don,t really match at all.
>>
File: IMG_20170531_211222.jpg (731KB, 1693x1462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170531_211222.jpg
731KB, 1693x1462px
how the hell do i get rid of these damn iron buttons without damaging the fabric or using heavy duty bolt cutters?
>>
File: mha_inko_midoriya.png (77KB, 219x276px) Image search: [Google]
mha_inko_midoriya.png
77KB, 219x276px
For a character like Inko Midoriya, would it be easier to style the base wig by pulling the fibers back into a ponytail, or would it work better to buy a seperate ponytail clip for the back?

>>9497939
You could get away with something basic liek white mary janes. For socks, I'd look for a simple lacy white sock. There's a couple pairs on sockdreams that you could probably use.
>>
File: sixth+doctor.jpg (91KB, 575x375px) Image search: [Google]
sixth+doctor.jpg
91KB, 575x375px
Anyone has some wigs suggestion for pic related ? I struggle to find good ones.
Here's a video of the character to give a better overview of his hair if needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXBp1UpDo_0

>>9502068
I support the painting-inside idea. Worked for me.
>>
>>9502068
>>9502543

if you do paint it wash the surface with rubbing alcohol let it dry and use an acrylic paint otherwise you'll get peeling/flaking
>>
>>9502917
This reference will probably help you get better responses
>>
>>9503318
make the coat with outside layer and lining and after you cut out where you want the fraying place some heat and bond in between the layers hit it with an iron and stay stitch along the weave in those areas to prevent further fraying/fall apart.

>>9503177
time wise, pony clip so if it's not placed just right you can move it around with ease rather than having to rework/brush and so on

>>9502961
first, check to see if those are a screw on type verse rivet/crimp otherwise you can use this method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zOknnFWH8
>>
Dont know if this is the right place to ask but are the producers of this item known for their quality?
https://otakumode.com/shop/591ebaf073bdf85424ce4c43/Fate-stay-night-Unlimited-Blade-Works-Glasses

I think the saber one looks rad as hell and looks nice enough for everyday use.
>>
>>9503353
After 5 seconds in Google I discovered that those glasses are made by a legitimate eyewear company (http://eyemirror.jp) and thus are probably high enough quality for every day wear.
>>
>>9503485
Goddammit, i googled the wrong company since i skimmed over the description too quickly. Thanks for the help anon.

Another question, would the red frame stand out too much? Because i have no sense of fashion but i think both of them look cool as hell but i cant decide
>>
>>9502097
Checking them out tomorrow morning before work, thanks
>>
>>9503505
If you're a girl I'd get the Archer glasses, but as a guy I find them a bit too garish for casual wear.

Some of those 2hu ones they make, though...
>>
>>9503563
I 100% agree with you and honestly perfer the saber one.
I asked some friends who arent into this type of stuff said the red one looks much better on me and shit so i ended up buying the archer one instead.
Thank you for your help and input either way.
>>
>>9503353
Goddammit. The Saber glasses are basically what I've been trying to find for years, but I don't really like F/S that much, so I'd feel like a wanker wearing them. I mean, most people wouldn't have a clue, but I'd know.
>>
>>9503590
If youve been trying to find something for years just suck it up and get it so your search can be done with.
Im sure youll be able to ignore that its from fsn after a little bit since youre too busy looking good wearing it.
>>
>>9502543
What kind of paint should I use? All I have right now is spray paint and acrylic paint.

And I'm doing Six from Little Nightmares. In hindsight I should've just tried to make/find a coat instead of doing an actual raincoat. I just wanted to be true to the character but...eehhh...
>>
anyone know what would be a good pattern for something like this? I don't care for the details on top of it. Just the general shape of the helmet.
>>
>>9503737
maybe a greek spartan helmet? just tweak the shape of it.
>>
Anyone knows which color is this?

生成

I want to buy a blouse, but I can't tell if it is ivory or pink.

Thanks in advance
>>
When it comes to using EVA foam, does it make a difference what color sharpie you use to draw your designs or will the ink bleed in anyway and fade into the foam?

Might buy some silver sharpies for it.
>>
>>9503875
It shouldn't matter if you're priming and painting over your foam, as it'll all be covered anyway. I always just use a contrasting colour for visibility.

Silver markers tend to come up weirdly on certain materials (like foam) and they might not work for you.
>>
Does anyone know which markers are the best for drawing on polaroid, or just photo paper in general?
>>
>>9503737
Evil Ted Smith has some really good patterns you could use as a starting point.
>>
>>9503685
Spraypaint should work best if it's acrylic since you'll get a even coat.

Though you might just have to get a new coat entirely since I'm not sure how well painting the inside will show from outside. Plus the paint might flake when moving even if you do >>9503316 because of creases and whatnot.

It looks like a fabric one would be better for the character, anyways. I'd go with one unless you're hard pressed for time or money.
>>
>>9503854
huh? you know 4chan is an image board, right? you can post images.

>>9503875
i use black EVA foam so I use silver sharpies all the time. never had a problem with it at all.
though, i use it for pattern purposes only.

Personally, I wouldnt use a sharpie to draw out a design for cosplay purposes.(assuming thats what youre doing) i always use paint for that. if its an intricate i would use a stencil for it.
>>
Does anyone know how to make a curly wig less shiny without loosing the curls ? All methods I know to get the shine off use heat, which can't be good for the curls.
>>
does anybody have a good tutorial for covering scars/tattoos that isn't just makeup?

I don't want to have stains or rub off...
>>
>>9504334
Baby powder can help, but don't use too much or you'll get a white cast.
>>
>>9504343
That is what makeup sealers are for.
>>
I'm making a katana prop using a cardboard core template, should I sculpt over it with paper clay? If not, what material should I use?

It's going to be like 72 inches long so I'm worried if it will be brittle or if the core will prevent it from snapping. The only other viable method I could think of that I have access to and would yield a desirable result is insulation foam, but I'm avoiding it because I don't have the workspace or tools to really get it polished.

I also don't have access to any woodworking tools and I probably wouldn't make it from wood anyways because it has an unusual curve.
>>
>>9504369
The paper clay would be heavier than the cardboard, and it wouldn't support its own weight.
Try a wooden dowel, with foam to give it shape, and something like sintra to finish it.
>>
>>9504374
Wow, I'm retarded. PVC sheets with a backbone would be super easy to work with and I found a great process just after reading your post involving using PVC floor transitions and foil tape.

Only issue is that they're a bit harder to get the curve with but I could remedy that by just cutting it out in pieces which wouldn't show since it'll be taped anyways.
>>
>>9504384
72 inches is pretty long so youre gonna need a pretty strong center piece or youre gonna be left with a extremely floppy katana.
>>
File: 1484440282544.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1484440282544.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
>>9504355
well just like the sealers the help thread is for help but that failed too looks like
>>
>>9504397
From what I saw you can use a metal rail (ie for a sliding screen door) as a backbone and slot PVC sheets into it to create a pretty sturdy product.
>>
>>9504408
There's no miracle method to hide blemishes, you either use makeup or have your tattoos removed. Or be THAT GUY and just not cover them.
>>
>>9504408
not that anon that answered your question but I dont understand the problem here.
you use makeup to cover up your tattos/scars and then use some good makeup sealers to prevent it from rubbing off easily.
they even make concealers made specifically for tattoos.

i guess if you have a problem with using makeup then use paint? but youre probably going to use some type of sealer anyways which apparently you have a problem with?
>>
I need ideas for very short characters I can do. Im 5'3
>>
>>9504430
>>9491791
>>
>>9502919
Try searching for mid calf high tops. Found some boots that could work on Ali. Unfortunately they're unavailable now: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/1526754513.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail
>>
>>9498200
One girl who won a masquerade in this put tulle and other puffy light fabric (forgive me I can't recall the name) between the red and black layers.
>>
File: ORenIshiiandTheBride.jpg (624KB, 630x945px) Image search: [Google]
ORenIshiiandTheBride.jpg
624KB, 630x945px
So some people freak out about blackfacing and some about white people wearing kimono. So if everything that is not same race as you is racist, will people freak out if I cosplay asian character in kimono? Not an anime character but a character that has actress who's different race as me. Personally I don't see it as a problem but I don't want angry sjws around me at con.
>>
As long as you wear it properly, and don't try to make your face look different than your actual race, you're fine.
>>
>>9504516
Angry SJW are either sticks or fat, and don't have the balls to do anything.
They're also usually a minority.
You're not risking anything as long as you don't go to tumblr-con.
>>
File: CelicaFEE.png (4MB, 2202x3403px) Image search: [Google]
CelicaFEE.png
4MB, 2202x3403px
Does anyone have experience with metallic heat transfer vinyl? I'm looking for a method for the gold lines on the dress pic related. My first thought was bias tape or applique, but I've heard vinyl looks nice and might be a good way to do it?
Do I need a cricut or other special cutter for the vinyl? Is this the best way to do the gold, or is there a different way? Thanks.
>>
>>9504517
Sorry, that was for >>9504516
>>
>>9504519
Theres vinyl specifically for fabric appliques, you can iron it on, example is https://www.coscraft.co.uk/91-heat-transfer-garment-vinyl that sells it. You can just cut it, it's a bit like latex fabric.
I do think some kind of nicely embossed golden rope or lace sewed on would be nicer, vinyl would be very flat.
>>
>>9504516
like what another anon pointed out, the only people that will really care are some of the tumblrinas out there.

if anything, people will just care how the kimono looks on you, as in, if it fits you well or if the design of it looks like shit or not.
>>
Apparently, dyeing RED to a blue denim jacket turns it purple.

But what about WHITE denim?

Since there is an abscense of color does it mean I can turn it red by just dumping it in a bucket of hot water and red dye?
>>
>>9504250
Thanks. And yeah I might just go with fabric, except the fabric I purchased is a mustard yellow instead of that....kinda lemon-y yellow the character is? Would that not really matter to people or should I RIT color that shit? (color remover + yellow color dye)
>>
>>9504578
Yes.
>>
>>9504578
>Apparently, dyeing RED to a blue denim jacket turns it purple.

yes, thats how mixing colors work. red and blue makes purple.

depending on how good the dye is and how long you let it soak, youre either going to get a nice red or pink.

just get yourself some test fabric and test things out. i highly recommend doing this because i really doubt youre going to get it right the first time so might as well save you the trouble and test it out first.
>>
>>9504602
Don't worry about what matters to other people. If YOU think it matters, then dye it.
>>
File: 1310481500822.jpg (36KB, 805x669px) Image search: [Google]
1310481500822.jpg
36KB, 805x669px
>>9504635
True. I'm also a lazy motherfucker but I want to stay true to the cosplay. That being said, I don't think there are gonna be a lot of people cosplaying Six, so I won't have many people comparing. I just don't want to regret that detail later. But I've also done Eevee in the past and never had anyone nitpick the kind of brown I used so...

I'll probably leave it as is. I'm also hoping that the blinding Los Angeles sun during AX will make the jacket look lighter than it actually is anyway.
>>
>>9500098
You can craft a blindfold with two different materials. Use a dark/black see-thru fabric as the outer layer and a dark/black opaque fabric as the liner. In the liner cut out oval slots for where your eyes will be. Your vision field will be narrow and any bright flash or direct light will show the reflection of your eyes, but that is the best you can do without being.. blind.
>>
Just asking here because I don't know where else I could find an answer. (/fa/ isn't that helpful)

So usually I use ioffer or aliexpress, but does anyone know a good source of knock offs of band/music artist merch?
A hoodie I wanted sold out, and I can't even find it reselling anywhere. I don't even mind getting it custom printed, but idk where I would even go to get that done. (idk how people feel about printing knock offs)

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>9504693
is it just a logo or something? the cheapest method would be using iron on transfer paper.
a bit more expensive method would be to use websites like red bubble or art cow to get it done.

since its for personal use, i dont see a problem with doing this. its not like youre going to be making a bunch and selling it off, right?
>>
>>9504745
not at all.
I was thinking art cow, but I haaaate the the look desu. idk how to describe. the floor on the inside is the nice, but the nylon texture on the outfit looks weird to me. like if you stretch it, you can see the white of the original hoodie in-between the threads.

It has a front, back and sleeve logos. theres just too many opportunities for me to fuck it up which is why I wanted to seek someone who's better at printing.
>>
>>9504750
floof* not floor. i meant the fuzzy inside.
>>
>>9504626

how easy is it to dye something properly?

like, is it possible for it to not properly/uniformly get colored or something?

or like the dye just fucking fading away the moment I clean it in the washing machine or not having a strong enough red color after washing?
>>
Would it be weird to get the programming staff a gift? They've accepted my panels for the past few years now and have been really supportive. I thought I might get them a box of chocolate or something. Is that weird? I don't want to seem weird. I just want to let them know how much I appreciate them.
>>
I've been out of cosplay for a few years and have a couple of shopping questions for you guys. I'm on short notice (AX) so Taobao is kind of iffy.

Who do you guys like for inexpensive but decent "normal" clothes? I need a few somewhat hard to find items (white pants and a pink sweater in men's sizes) for an upcoming costume.

Second, what's the word on wig dealers these days? I refuse to buy from Epic for personal reasons and Arda can be bad about ship times, or at least were back in the day, are there any other good US retailers these days?
>>
>>9504822
>how easy is it to dye something properly?
the dyeing process is easy but sometimes colors might not come out the way you want it like the type of fabric youre using, its current colors to the color you want to dye it to, etc.

if youre not THAT anal about getting the exact color you need, you should be fine.

>is it possible for it to not properly/uniformly get colored or something?
i havent dyed enough clothes for this to happen but im sure its a possibility.

>or like the dye just fucking fading away the moment I clean it in the washing machine or not having a strong enough red color after washing?

again, im sure this is a possibility that can happen as well.
thats why i stressed on doing test strips first.
im sure some people just go at it and do it head on but I tend to be super careful on things im trying for the first time.

>>9504956
>Arda can be bad about ship times,or at least were back in the day

I bought a wig from them early may and got my wig the same week I ordered it.
Note: I did spend $70+ to get their free priority shipping.

I dont know what you mean by normal clothes since you put normal in quotations but i sometimes go to places like goodwill or any thrift stores for cheap clothes.
>>
First timer who wants to cosplay as the hollow knight. All the clothes and weapon seem simple enough but the only thing I don't know how to start with is the head. I've been told that my options for materials are Worbla or EVA foam (paper mache is apparently too heavy). Since the head is pretty big I was planning on making a headgear within the helmet so it doesn't have to be only as big as my head.

Does this sound reasonable?
>>
>>9504938
Weird. Send a thank you email. Go to a con feedback panel. Don't send gifts.
>>
File: gosling-drive-jacket.jpg (302KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gosling-drive-jacket.jpg
302KB, 1500x1000px
Wasn't aware of a general help thread, I've never been to this board before, but here I am and I perused the sticky but to no avail. Y'all have probably gotten this thread a million times already so I'm sorry for being a fag, but who makes the most accurate and best looking Drive jacket replicas? I was looking through google and found that GetGoRetro used to sell the official repro but they don't produce it anymore, and Magnoli Clothiers also makes one but the Scorpion on the back looks like its too small. So do y'all know of anyone who makes a high quality repro? I figured if anyone knew about quality costume designs and repros, its you guys.
>>
>>9505167
You'll want to use EVA foam, and you can attach the facade to whatever kind of headgear you want. It'd be easier than making your own internal helmet and give you a head-shaped base to expand out from.
>>
>>9505167
you might want to skip worbla since youre just a beginner. that shit is pretty expensive per jumbo sheet, which is pretty much what youre gonna need since his head is fairly large.
I honestly dont think paper mache is THAT heavy even at that size but i guess that really depends on how strong you are and how well you do the internal supports for the head piece.
>>
>>9505344
>I figured if anyone knew about quality costume designs and repros, its you guys.
Uhh we kind of just make our own stuff, so you might want to see if /tv/ can help you out actually. They seem like they'd be more of the collector kind.
>>
File: 9210_original.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
9210_original.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Is there any way of making these kinds of rings fit tighter without damaging the ring itself, or should I just give up and sell them? I have a few, brand and offbrand, and love the aesthetic of them but they always slip right off my annoyingly tiny fingers, so I can't wear them.
>>
>>9505509
What are the rings made of? It looks glossy but I'm assuming it's just painted PVC.

You could try padding the inside with some kind of air-drying sculpting material, might have to sand the surface to get it to stick.
>>
File: Menstrual-Cramps.jpg (80KB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
Menstrual-Cramps.jpg
80KB, 1500x996px
Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with periods while in very tight/revealing cosplays? I'm due to get my period the day of my convention, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I have extremely heavy periods (I am on BC to help, which it does, but not enough) and have been told multiple times over not to bother with tampons because it'll make my cramps way worse. I have a tight dress, leggings, and a thong-cut leotard to wear and I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping I can hide a semi-thin pad under the first two, but I'm at a loss on the leotard. I do have something that covers the lower half of my butt and a bit of my front in the cosplay, but not enough to hide a full pad, that's for sure. I was thinking about just using liners and going to the bathroom constantly (for reference, on a normal day, I have to change an overnight pad every 1 or so hours because at that point itll be just near leaking through), but that seems like a mega hassle.

Any ideas? Should I just give up on the idea of my cosplay and go in normie clothes instead? I've also considered not taking birth control at all as I have done this in the past and it delayed my period by three months, but it caused a bunch of other health issues obviously because that's not good for you, so I don't really want to do that again.
>>
>>9505516
Nayrt but they're usually made from acrylic.
>>
>>9505516
Acrylic resin, usually. Most are transparent/translucent like pic related. Hoping not to damage them with sanding or anything that won't come off
>>
>>9505522
I just take my birth control back to back (so instead of taking the placebo week, you go straight to the next pack) so I won't get my period in situations like this. Is that an option for you?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1386433474596[1].jpg (165KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1386433474596[1].jpg
165KB, 1024x1024px
>>9505509
maybe put a piece of rubber or craft foam to pad the insides?
is this for everyday use? or just cosplay?
>>
>>9505533
i'm on the patch so not really sadly ): i guess i could wait and extra week to put my patch on but im not sure if that would really do anything, my period doesnt really follow the patch anyways (i usually end up getting it the day before i'm supposed to put my first patch of the month on, instead of when i'm supposed to get it, right after taking the last patch of the month off)
>>
>>9505535
>angelic pretty ring
>cosplay
>>
>>9505545
yeah, and?

that literally means nothing to me. I just see it as a ring.
>>
>>9505535
Yeah I was trying to think how to do something like this without directly attaching it to something. Along the same lines though, I might try wrapping a small ring of foam or something along the back of it, attached only to itself and see if that helps at all/if it ends up too distractingly visible, thanks

And it's pricey/rare lolita brand jewelry, to answer your question, hence my unwillingness to damage it.
>>
>>9505610
>And it's pricey/rare lolita brand jewelry, to answer your question, hence my unwillingness to damage it.

ah i see.
no offense or anything but that ring literally looks like one of those dollar store rings. I know you mentioned its made out of acrylic but it still looks pretty cheap looking.
>>
>>9505610
put a few layers of very thin width bandaid strips around the finger, won't damage the ring.
>>
File: Oneshot_OST_(old)_-_cover.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Oneshot_OST_(old)_-_cover.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
I was thinking of doing a Oneshot cosplay. What would be a good way to make the Sun (the light bulb)? A part of me wants to try to make it a light up prop, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>9505800
Just make the middle of the filament a strand of LEDs
>>
File: Catherine_A.png (135KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Catherine_A.png
135KB, 960x800px
I want to cosplay Catherine from Granblue, but at a loss on how to achieve maximum curls and poof with the wig. I can't seem to find any tutorials to volumize a long wig either. Even combining two wigs together, I don't know if that'll be enough to get her fluffy flared out look.
>>
>>9505800
you can do what >>9505880 said and maybe use a frosted acrylic sphere that way the light has something to reflect off of so it actually looks like its glowing.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.917350609_76id.jpg (311KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.917350609_76id.jpg
311KB, 1500x1125px
>>9505509
Sticky foam tape? The shitty cheap dollarstore kind so it's sticky enough to stay but the adhesive isn't strong enough to cause any lasting damage.

>>9504519
I'm doing some thing similar and I'm using silver piping for my trims, pic related. There's lots of tutorials on how to apply it and I find the added dimension looks a lot better than flat trim.

>>9505800
Find yourself a big plastic globe like a lamp shade or something, clear or frosted or whatever depending on what effect you want to go with. Put in a string a LEDs for the filament like >>9505880 said but you'll definitely want something to diffuse the light.
>>
File: im a dumbass.png (514KB, 1013x579px) Image search: [Google]
im a dumbass.png
514KB, 1013x579px
What is this type of jacket called? I'm assuming I can just buy one instead of having to make it, but 'bomber jacket' isn't coming up with what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance!
>>
What's the best brand for nude tights that look as natural as possible and come in a variety of shades? I've looked through tons of dance tights but a lot of them are pale or shiny or don't have enough worn pics for me to trust.
>>
>>9506128
just walk into a department store desu
>>
File: cvbcvbcv.png (261KB, 900x510px) Image search: [Google]
cvbcvbcv.png
261KB, 900x510px
Does anyone have an idea of how to make the handle of this weapon? First time making a prop and i'm not sure where to start with it. So far I only have a PVC pipe but that's about it.
>>
>>9506007
Letterman
>>
>>9506260

http://imgur.com/a/9d6bG
Try googling before you ask here please.
>>
>>9506272
I did. I looked at that so many times and googled up the weapon like crazy but no one goes over how to detail the handle after putting down a PVC pipe.
>>
File: 4szwj.jpg (360KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
4szwj.jpg
360KB, 1944x2592px
>>9506282
I got stuck here when I looked at this. I have no clue what the hell he did after cutting down newspaper from the PVC pipe.
>>
File: 20170525逕サ蜒・w-25077-00.jpg (67KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
20170525逕サ蜒・w-25077-00.jpg
67KB, 700x700px
Anyone know the name of this ETC dress?
>>
>>9506284
It looks like strips of thick grey EVA foam glued down Anon, the newspaper was probably there as a pattern. Then he just carved/sanded/otherwise shaped it. You can detail the handle a number of ways. Model Magic, clay, paperclay and carved EVA should all work. Really up to you on how you want to do it.
>>
>>9506492
it looks like he covered the paper section with a type of epoxy clay and then the rounded "ring" details were EVA foam.
>>
File: IMG_0145.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9506492
>>9506518
Wow didn't know I could use clay to sculpt the weapon. Time to get a new pipe and some clay to make things right. Thanks for the help! Pic related is what I have so far.
>>
>>9506535
Clay is good for small parts and details, if it's a long part you might want to use a dowel rod or foil core to prevent it from snapping.
>>
is /cgl/ pronounced c-g-l, seagull, or both interchangeably?
>>
>>9506684
CGL. Seagull is usually what boardposters are called (or sometimes shorted to "gull").
>>
>>9506697
>Seagull is usually what boardposters are called
but isn't that because cgl sounds like seagull? Like, you call pol poll, not p-o-l.

I always called this sub c-g-l, but then a friend pointed out that it can be pronounced seegle/seagull
>>
I want to make the cloak but the link to the pattern doesn't work. Anybody a good tutorial with patter or scans of that magazine?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhmp32mt9I&t=4s
>>
>>9506705
>but isn't that because cgl sounds like seagull
It is, but nobody really calls the board that, especially since people here are called "seagulls" or "gulls" (hence the pic in the rules sticky) and calling the board by the same word would be kinda confusing. Like, /pol/ is "poll" but the people who post are /pol/lacks not "polls". Each board usually has a word specifically for its posters: /b/tards, fa/tg/guys, robots, /fit/izens, /k/ommandos.
>>
>>9506718
any short cloak pattern would work
>>
I wanna cosplay as Lyn in her DLC costume but I have no idea how to go about her waist wrap. I've been looking at obi instructional videos but I can't seem to modify the instructions enough to make it resemble what I need it to. The issue specifically is how to let out enough fabric in the back to resemble a skirt? Any advice is welcome.
>>
File: sasfds.png (428KB, 628x777px) Image search: [Google]
sasfds.png
428KB, 628x777px
>>9506781
Make the red part a wrap/belt seperate from the 'cape' that covers your butt(very loosely gathered half circle), sew or use snaps to attach that cape to the belt and use snaps on the orange spots to make sure it doesnt crawl up too high and to keep it in front
>>
File: Keiji_maeda.jpg (77KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
Keiji_maeda.jpg
77KB, 1120x840px
>>9506786
I was trying to see if there was a more "tradtional-ish" way of folding it as I see this style in a lot of asian aesthetic games. I know that video game costumes aren't necessarily meant to be functional, but if there was a way to go about it I'd prefer it.

>pic somewhat related?

But since it will be a costume anyway, I'll probably end up doing it as you have advised me to. Thanks!
>>
>>9506804
Real life obi are just straight strips of cloth. If you wanted to do it "realistically" then you'd basically make an obi that's like a backwards apron with really wide straps and wrap it around your waist a few times.
>>
Anyone know what kind of hat Goemon from Lupin the Third wears and where i can get one?
>>
File: 200px-OOT_DeadHand.png (45KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
200px-OOT_DeadHand.png
45KB, 200x212px
Does anyone know how to start making a cosplay like this? I would love to do it but have no idea where to start
>>
>>9506973
Looks like a type of takuhatsugasa you can find some on ebay under just "samurai bamboo hat"
>>
File: ap2.jpg (105KB, 618x398px) Image search: [Google]
ap2.jpg
105KB, 618x398px
So I was out thrift shopping today and found this skirt. I haven't work lolita in years so I don't recognize the print, but it says Angelic Pretty all over. I can't locate it online either, Any help identifying this would be appreciated.
Also I'm fairly certain it's a knockoff, but are there any ways to tell for sure?
>>
File: ap1.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ap1.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>9506984
here's a closer picture if it helps. Seams around the edge don't look great and the fabric feels different from most lolita pieces I've owned
>>
>>9506984
Don't know if it's a replica or not, but that's AP's Whip Collection!
>>
File: ap3.jpg (56KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
ap3.jpg
56KB, 400x720px
>>9506992
aah thank you so much for the quick response!
Based off this floppy button that doesn't go through a loop, I'm gonna guess it's replica, although the fabric actually does appear to be similar to the original. Bit of a shame but it was still really cool to find in a thrift store
>>
>>9507000
It could just be missing the waist ties, My skirt also has the floppy buttons and it's genuine.
>>
File: 62807863_p0.jpg (2MB, 2485x3508px) Image search: [Google]
62807863_p0.jpg
2MB, 2485x3508px
Any tips for dying clean patterns into fabric? I'm working on a Hululu-chan cosplay and I need to do the lines and spots on the front of the jacket.
>>
>>9507009
Yeah, it is missing the waist ties and extra bow. Would be awesome if it was actually genuine!
>>
>>9507012
cutting out the patterns and sewing them on would look better than any dye and be easy

but the best way you could do it is by silk-screen printing the patterns on, which you'll have to research and buy supplies for
>>
>>9506977
if you dont even know where to start then maybe you shouldnt bother cosplaying as that.
>>
>>9506977
Maybe this will give you some ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9O3KWrvxKA
>>
I need some large resin gem-spheres, approximately 2.25 inches (60mm-ish) in diameter. I've looked around and haven't had much luck. Does anyone know someone I could commission for one? Does anyone know how much it might cost?

And I've heard I can dye clear resin with Jacquard iDye, is that true? Because I'd need two; one green for the shield shown, and one red for a different shield. I figure it's probably just easier to try to get some clear ones and dye them myself rather than find someone to make two different ones?

Or, does anyone have any ideas what else to use for the gem on the shield?
>>
>>9507075
i dont see the point in going through the trouble to commission something so small and something that you can easily do yourself.

just go to a hobby store and look for spheres and paint it green.
or buy one of those resin kits (the smaller size ones should be super cheap) and make it yourself. you can even dye the resin by just using sharpie ink.
>>
File: PlagueKnight.png (270KB, 813x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PlagueKnight.png
270KB, 813x1000px
What kind of fabric would be good for a robe like this?
I also plan on lining it with a lightweight polyester for extra flare.
>>
>>9507107
Also how do i properly pattern a robe?
Any guides or tutorials i've found look kind of shitty.
>>
File: Megumeme.png (199KB, 395x627px) Image search: [Google]
Megumeme.png
199KB, 395x627px
Complete moron here - how would you go about shaping the top and bottom of Megumin's staff? I was thinking of just sanding down expanding foam and then sealing / painting it but I'm worried it will be super brittle.

Also while I'm asking stuff, any idea where I'd be able to find big ass buttons for the hat-eyes?
>>
>>9507164
yeah, you can sculpt it out of expanding foam and then either paper mache it up or use worbla.

also, why try to find a big button? why not just make a disc shape out of some cheap material like EVA foam or like a pvc/sintra sheet? you can always just cut it in a way to make it look like a button.
>>
>>9504480
Thanks anon, good to know those types of boots wont look too ridiculous.

Now I just need to find a pair without the super thick "white power" bottoms.
>>
>>9506984
what does the tag inside look like?
>>
>>9507075
You can do worblas transpart and use nail polish etc on the inside, can put some leds in it too
Or transparent christmas bulb half orbs often sold at most craft stores
I would not recommend using resin for it since it's big and it will have a hard time curing the inside (which has a risk of heavily burning the resin into some brown mess, i had this before)
>>
File: skeksis.jpg (1MB, 2418x1866px) Image search: [Google]
skeksis.jpg
1MB, 2418x1866px
>>9506977
I would google for Skeksis cosplays. You don't have to go nuts with things like movement controls, but it's a good start for a frame, visibility etc.
>>
File: Comic Con.jpg (166KB, 669x892px) Image search: [Google]
Comic Con.jpg
166KB, 669x892px
I am thinking of going to Comic Con dressed like Deckard from Blade Runner, how do I look?

I am the guy on the left, my dad is on the right.
>>
>>9507422
scarily accurate, it's almost like you copied this image directly from the magazine!!!
gtfo anon
>>
>>9507444
aw you didn't get it.
>>
>>9507422
>shitposting in the help thread
pls
>>
File: 20170604_082104.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_082104.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9505167
Ooooh, I loved hollow knight, glad to see someone else is doing a cosplay.

I threw mine together in 2 days cause I realized I wasn't gonna finish my Bastion by Anime Matsuri.

I wish you luck!
>>
>>9507092
What I want is quite a bit larger than most resin spheres out there, so I'm a little nervous to start learning how to use resin with such an object. I had no idea about using sharpie ink to dye resin, that's way cool. Thanks!!

>>9507401
I'd never heard or transpart before! This is awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions and info!
>>
>>9506977
drape a bedsheet over a wire frame
>>
>>9507547
>so I'm a little nervous to start learning how to use resin with such an object
just get something like this. i believe this brand has a clear version of it as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qc1XNDsiG4

not sure why that other anon said not to use resin because its big. a sphere with a 2.25 inch diameter isnt really that big at all.
ive done fairly big resin casting before and never had any burning problems. honestly, i dont know what they meant by that.
and one of the main causes of resin not curing is just not mixing the two parts correctly.
>>
I was asking earlier about what method I should use to make a katana prop, and I think I'm gonna say fuck it and just use pvc foam board in as close to the width I need as possible. The specific katana I want to make is fairly thick, so I don't think it will bend or snap easily.

What I'm looking for now is some kind of tool with an indent that I can use to sand the board to have a uniform edge. Is there something like that I can just buy, or will I have to cut the shape of the edge into a wood block and use that?
>>
>>9507709
It's called a dremel and it's one of the main tools cosplayers use to refine props and armor
Although for the edge of a blade it's more uniform by using a sanding block or a sanding belt.
If you're talking about a v indent to sand both edges at the same time, i would not recommend that. Just sand one edge at a time and sand the other.
>>
File: 100077.png (424KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
100077.png
424KB, 1280x824px
I'm cosplaying this Anzu for a convention coming up but I can't see what the kanji on her shirt are. It's not her normal "you work you die" shirt so I have no idea what it could be. Her chibi is too small to see the kanji as well. Does anyone know what it says?
>>
when you're cutting out rounded parts of EVA foam, is it better to make them square and grind down to the round edge with a dremel, or to get as close as you can to the curve with your initial cut?
>>
>>9507793

Nevermind.. I found it. Google is your friend. For anyone wondering just search Anzu Futaba kanji
>>
File: wig.jpg (507KB, 1658x1254px) Image search: [Google]
wig.jpg
507KB, 1658x1254px
I got something really thick since I always thought guys hair were thicker than womens

>stylist said its gonna get wrecked if I have the middle bangs and the side covering the ears cut
>better to just braid and pin it else i might get angry later

Eh, now it seems its still too damn thick, like, it's ONLY fine when wearing a hat of some sort, but when you remove it then it fucking looks like the wigs our founding fathers and those fag nobility in england/france wore.
>>
>>9507814
maybe remove some of the wefts?
>>
>>9507787
I was indeed talking about a V-shaped indent, I felt like that would work best since it would sink down as it sanded. If it isn't a good idea, I'll probably just use a sanding block.
>>
>>9507827

dont really know much terminology.

this is all 1 wig and no extensions.

Do you mean cut off the thing she braided?
>>
Is it possible to bleach creme/beige cotton fabrics white? I tried googling but nobody else seems to have done it.
>>
>>9507858
Wefts are the individual "rows" of hair that are sewn to the wig's underlying frame. You can use a seam ripper to cut them off at regular intervals to thin out a wig.
>>
File: Tresse_einnaehen1.jpg (126KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
Tresse_einnaehen1.jpg
126KB, 1024x685px
>>9507858
wefts are the thing that the strands of hair are attached to.

theres a good amount of tutorials out there on how to remove them.
>>
>>9507906
>>9507901

ya reckon i should pay a stylist a tenner to spend 5-10 mins to do it?

cosplays in less than 2 weeks and im kinda afraid of operating on my own wig i guess.

i dont have a wig stand so that complicates things a bit.
>>
>>9507914
geez, go to a craft store and pick up a $5-10 styrofoam head

makes it ridiculously easy to do work on your wig yourself
>>
>>9502138
what it's actually made of? fuck knows. typically you only get those characteristics from natural fibres. ...then again we're talking both the textile *and* film industries here. could come to find out the whole damn thing is polyester and not even blink.
>this is why we can't have nice things
anyway. what they're meant to be approximating are poplin fashion fabric (the outer brown one) and a silk brocade lining (the inner red one with the black accents). something like a wool silk blend faille would be closest to what poplin refers to in this context. poplin nowadays is a simple cotton shirting fabric. don't get that stuff for this. cotton sateen or rayon/viscose would likely work well, as would most any twill woven silk blend. for the lining: what you're after is something a bit slippery, med-heavy weight, and with a nice drape. duchesse satin/heavy bridal satin made of rayon or acetate is worth a look.

>>9507883
use rit dye remover. bleach is very hard on fabric and consistent (i.e. not variegated and streaked to fuck) results are difficult to achieve.
>>
File: IMG_8133.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8133.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Starting on my head for cosplay.

Cutting with EVA foam for the first time and having a tough time cutting the shapes.

Some of the sides have parts that are unfortunately beveled while cutting the shapes out.

If that happens, is it still salvageable or am I better off starting over with a new sheet of foam?
>>
>>9509532
If you're going to use bondo or any other epoxy/resin to finish your work or fuse the pieces, then it doesn't matter if the shapes have minor imperfections since you can deal with the details later.
>>
Wings help needed!

Going to be doing a cosplay with the character sporting several wings. I'm debating the best and most comfortable yet not noticeable way to make them stay on my suit from the back. Anyone got any tips on how to make it stay on there?
>>
Call me crazy but I've never bought a wig from anywhere but Arda.
Is there somewhere I can get a similar colour wig while maintaining a decent quality in Australia? I'm not assed waiting for backorder with fluctuating exchange
>>
File: nakamura.0.jpg (77KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
nakamura.0.jpg
77KB, 1200x800px
What would be a good base wig for this guy? I can't grow my hair out like him so that is out of the question
>>
>>9505509
I dunno if you are still around anon but walmart sells clear ring spacers for cheap
>>9505522
In my experience I've had less cramping issues w tampons.
>>9511300
>shinsuke nakamura cosplay

Anon ily

But for real, you would probably be better off looking at black owned shops because the wigs there would have more of the accurate kinky texture. Is your hair close to his color and shaved on the right side? If yes, buy a wig and cut it in half to match his hairline. Then follow quick weave tutorials to attach it to your head. If not? Either gel the left side down or use a bald cap with proper makeup and attach the half-wig. Good luck!
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.