[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: discrepancy-years.png (18KB, 395x295px) Image search: [Google]
discrepancy-years.png
18KB, 395x295px
>Wrestling in 20s-70s
It's all about "wrestling skills" and the pressure is on "competition", not "entertainment" - the ratings are low, the overall interest in pro wrestling is low

>Wrestling in 80s
The term "sports entertainment is born". It's much more about entertainment than it was before, ratings are going higher than ever.

>Wrestling in 90s
Now it's 20% "wrestling", 80% "entertainment", the highest draws in the history, the biggest interest in PW ever, literally "wrestling boom".

>Wrestling in 2000s
It's becoming similar to 80s, where entertainment was not necessarily the core, just like competition wasn't too. Clear departure from 90s view of business. Ratings are falling down visibly.

>Wrestling in 2010s
It's basically the 20s-70s era more and more visibly - the pressure is much more on "wrestling" than it is on entertainment, storylines, good promos, etc. Ratings are plummeting faster than ever and are close to beating the worst ratings in RAWs history.

Really, this all makes you think, ey, smarks?

inb4worstratingswerein90s
(speaking about 1992-1994)
For WWE only, not for WCW, and of course this wasn't the impact of bad decisions in the 90s, it was from bad decisions in the 80s, which had impact on that period, just like still good ratings in 2000-2002 are thanks to good decisions in 90s, so this is not any argument.
>>
This data also clears the stupid myth that Smackdown ever outdid RAW in ratings at any point in time.
>>
>>1829025
Well this chart only shows 2003-2014, but I didn't post it here to be the core of this thread. I got my info rom many other charts and from basic knowledge of how PW was popular in particular eras. I just had to post any picture so I just chose this one.
>>
>>1829025
>comparing Nielsen ratings from different nights

Who are you calling stupid?
>>
Isn't this common knowledge? Why majority of people would watch fake fighting without storylines/characters if there is UFC available for example?
>>
>>1829072
Apparently, it is no common knowledge for "smarks". You know, the guys who jerk off to people like daniel bryan, sami zayn, fin balor, cesaro, etc, because they "fought all over the world" and they "gained experience" in (fake) sports arts, and they are "happy to be there", that's their motto, and basically that's everything about them, because every one of those indie smucks is a copy-paste of another. And thanks to smarks we have this shitty pro wrestling that is unberable for normal casuals.
>>
>>1829082
Something bothering you?
>>
Fat anti-smarks need to realise the fall in ratings is because there are no good characters anymore, people like The Rock, Austin and McGoober.
Saying this era is more about the wrestling is just laughable, everyone still has their same match with the same 5 moves and same 3 or 4 spots

Until we have good characters the ratings are going to stay shit
>>
>>1829019

>Interest in wrestling was low in the 20s-70s and it only got big in the 80s

You haven't got a fucking clue, m8

From the mouth of the holy Meltzer:

>Vince is a fantastic promoter. That said, fewer people watch wrestling on television and go to matches than in 1983, when he started his expansion.
>>
>>1829101
>holy Meltzer

MELTZER DRIVER!
YOU'VE BEEN GONE TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA!
>>
>>1829101
Imagine being this bigoted. Wrestling in 20s-70s was a thing for americans only. 80s basically brought WWF to the international level, and people all around the world were starting to get into it. 70s saw one of the BIGGEST DECLINES in pro wrestling EVER, because it was all the same shit from 20s, and it got stale, plus there was no Sammartino back then, but I wouldn't give this reason the most credit to. And we are talking about time, when kayfabe was not dead. It took something like 80s, when it became more than jsut "wrestling" to make it enjoyable for casuals.

>>1829092
Yes, there is not even a single good character,because all those little midgets and fat cucks from indies SUCK. They are given opportunities, characters (ambrose), promos, title shots, and they can't do anything with it. They suck so bad, and their "hurrdurr I wrassled all ova da world" bullshit is not enough. This is a clear indicator that WWE is putting too much pressure on the "wrasslin'" instead of characters. Which you basicaly agreed with me. Back then Hulk Hogan, The Rock, SCSA they all started without characters. They developed because they were fucking great entertainers all around. These assholes from indies can't develop into shit. They (and smarks too) think that their "wrestling all over the world" bullshit is everything they need and they are gonna draw. NO! THEY WON'T!
>>
>>1829132
>Wrestling in 20s-70s was a thing for americans only.

WhatIs Puro?
WhatIs Lucha?
WhatIs World of Sport?
>>
>>1829132
>Ambrose
>midget

Seriously?

>think that their "wrestling all over the world" bullshit is everything they need and they are gonna draw. NO! THEY WON'T!

The absolute fucking state of >>(You).
>>
>>1829140
I meant WWE. Okay?

And Puro, Lucha, whatever WoS is but probably this too - they are still reserved for those areas they were in 70s, because they are sthe same shit like it was in 70s. And a few neckbeards from US don't count.

>>1829143
Awesome fucking arguments. You destroyed me.
>>
>>1829158
>I meant WWE. Okay?

Do you even know what you're trying to say here?

>because they are sthe same shit like it was in 70s.

He says this in defense of McMahonLand. kekarino.
>>
>>1829164
>He says this in defense of McMahonLand. kekarino.
But how is it untrue. You just proved my point with bringing up those names. Literally only neckbeards and the same people who enjoyed wrestling in 20s-70s (I mean - people with the sme mindset) watch those promotions. And they are not international and big because THEY WON'T since they are all about "wrestling". period.
>>
>>1829132
> Wrestling in 20s-70s was a thing for americans only.

Imagine being this stupid.
Both of my great grandads and numerous great uncles were wrestlers, it was fucking huge in england
>>
>>1829173
Read >>1829158
>>
File: ~tranquilo~.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
~tranquilo~.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>1829171
>a /wwe/ babby attempting to discuss actual pro wrestling

It's funny every time.
>>
>>1829179
>a indie cuck doesn't have any couter arguments for my initial argument and only can say shit like this

It's starting to become boring actually. Also - nice faggoty picture, I bet you had it on your computer and didn't even had to download it from internet right now, because you fap to those indie japs who fight in "strong style" xD.
>>
Wrestling was big in 20s-70s retard, it was just split into a bunch of small promotions and television markets.
>>
>>1829199
The best part of this post is that you were sincere.

It makes you being this laughably wrong in so many ways all the more delicious.
>>
>>1829210
First of all it wasn't big. It was even smaller than it is nowadays and nowadays IT SUCKS.

2nd of all you are a third guy to which I have to specifically say - I MEANT WWE specifically.
>>
>>1829218
>It was even smaller than it is nowadays and nowadays IT SUCKS.

So you're just making up shit.

>WWE specifically

Then why bring up pre-WWE at all?

kys for this shit-tier attempt at wewtist "discussion". Fuck off.
>>
>>1829221
WWE babbies like that dumbfuck are typically laughed outta /wew/
>>
>>1829221
>So you're just making up shit.
Prove me. Prove me that wrestling in general, especially WWE was NOT smaller in 20s-70s than it is today. I dare you.

>Then why bring up pre-WWE at all?

This retard... OKAY, WWWF. BETTER NOW you fucking quarter brain?
>>
>>1829224
wew is a shithole.

>>1829228
kys
>>
Holy fucking shit. I knew this is gonna go like this. Me, having to defend myself from stupid, untrue, based on nothing accusations from smarks, who can not defy my initial post, so they start adding words to what I said initially, so that I look like a bigot, and I have to defend myself from it. I have seen your BS you cancerous smarks.
>>
>>1829224
>Mee hee hee, look, he is a casual from WWE, he is so below me, because I am a neckbearded, fat, indie loving, white knighting cuck, and I love WRESTLING more than sports entertainment, because I am superior

I hope your dad Benoits you, because you definately still live with your parents.
>>
File: Laughing DVD Salesman.gif (2MB, 528x397px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing DVD Salesman.gif
2MB, 528x397px
>>1829228
According to Dutch Mantell (I'll wait for you to look him up because I know you have to) prior to the late 80s there were dozens of places a wrestler could make a living just in the US alone.

Now? There's 2.

Also, in general:

>the fucking state of your impotent rage
>>
>>1829241
Joke's on you, 'cause I shaved my neck during my shower tonight.

>definately

Stay in school.
>>
>>1829242
"prior to the late 80s there were dozens of places a wrestler could make a living just in the US alone.

Now? There's 2."

How is THIS an indicator of how wrestling was bigger then than it is now. And how much money they made in those smaller promotions? 30 dollars a week most likely. You have that with indies, so kill yourself with this "proof".

All those promotions didn't make as much profit as WWE nowadays alone does you fucking inbred.

>>1829245
I'm not an English native speaker and when I type fast I don't give a fuck about spelling. So suck my asshole dry. You probably can't speak any other language on the level I can speak 3 languages.

Btw. this is from another thread:
>Literally the only way for pro wrestling to survive is to cater to smarks and build subculture of its own

You can't make this shit up. You retards really think that. Yeah, let's turn it into another wrestling "promotion" in someone's basement for 20 people in attendence and 200 smarks watching it on youtube. I hope you all die in ISIS attack.
>>
>>1829267
>And how much money they made in those smaller promotions? 30 dollars a week most likely.

You criticise the proof of somebody who's forgotten more about wrestling than you'll ever know but offer literally your ass in response?

>All those promotions didn't make as much profit as WWE nowadays alone does you fucking inbred.

Overall profit of a company is not proof that an individual worker is better off.

Attend econ class.
>>
I can literally hear your >>1829242 keyboard rattle now. You are trying to google out those informations that could support you with your BS statement that wrestling was bigger back then xD. And you probably didn't know who Dutch Mantell was either, you just googled out this information right now. It doesn't matter anyways, I just killed your "argument" >>1829267
>>
>>1829286
I have no idea who Dutch MantelL is, but I've known who Mantel is for longer than you've been able to go the bathroom unsupervised.

Bee-tee-dub: are you triggered when people break promises?
>>
>>1829283
Buahahahahahhaha you must be on suicide watch xD.

>You criticise the proof of somebody who's forgotten more about wrestling than you'll ever know but offer literally your ass in response?

OMG you literally sound like typical SJW. "Don't say my proof is not working because it comes from someone YOU SHOULD RESPECT, even though it deosn't have to do anything with the subject, but whatever". I hope your dad with whom you still live goes Benoit on you.

>Overall profit of a company is not proof that an individual worker is better off.

And you are still retarded to the point you can't understand we were talking about wrestling being bigger in 70s or nowadays, and this has nothing to do with it? Jeez, how low is your IQ? Is it even higher than your BMI?
>>
>>1829294
>he fell for the IQ meme
>>
>>1829309
While I don't believe IQ is the ultimate indicator of someone's intelligence, it can prove if someone's especially stupid. In this case it definately could.
>>
>>1829313
Oh I'm sure believing that definitely would prove a lot about you.
>>
>>1829330
Wow you literally don't know what else to say :D. You got owned to the ground I fucked you in the ass and now you are probably shaking, while sitting in a corner. That was easy as fuck but what else did I expect from a beta, sjw, fat, neckbearded, whiteknighting indie fag.
>>
>>1829332
I don't know what kind of "wrestling" you're into, but if you're that into THE GAY COMMUNITY?! stuff we've got a whole board for it:

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1829335
Oooooh that was really raw for a fedora neckbeard. Anyways, stop fucking responding because you have proven you don't have counter arguments already, so just leave and go to your favourite forum which would mostl likely be >>>/r9k/
>>
File: large following.jpg (117KB, 630x353px) Image search: [Google]
large following.jpg
117KB, 630x353px
>>1829355
>stop fucking responding

nah
>>
holy fuck of all the cringiest posts i've seen on this board this one takes the cake

seriously OP, instead of jacking yourself off with your own tears and screaming "waaaaah i miss my outdated roided freaks boohoo i'm stuck in the past and you can't disagree xD" you should step outside of your mothers basement and seek female genetilia

also fyi theres actually people who actually prefer WRESTLING over comic book personalities wow crazy concept right?
>>
File: Lucha Underground.jpg (55KB, 625x430px) Image search: [Google]
Lucha Underground.jpg
55KB, 625x430px
>>1829391
>also fyi theres actually people who actually prefer WRESTLING over comic book personalities wow crazy concept right?
>>
before the OP went full retard I did agree with initial premise (i think) that wwe should return to its golden age of entertainment over just pure wrestling. There is too much compitition from combat sports to rely completely on in ring talent.
>>
>>1829082
>>1829092
This.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.