[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I leave my poor small town for a big city?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4341.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4341.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
How do I leave my poor small town for a big city?
>>
With a moving truck.
>>
>>18682692
Have a skill and line up a job in advance.
>>
>>18682697
>have a skill
>in a small town

Kek
>>
>>18682705
If you can't do something then don't come. Between the immigrants, the urban poor, and the art students we've got enough disposable labor.
>>
>>18682705
Learn something. Dont say you cant, you have the internet and that can help you a ton.
>>
>>18682724
I really want to do security stuff and I took a class for it in high school and went to school for criminal justice shit I'd say I'm at least hirable as far as that
>>
>>18682730
Then look into what you need to be employed in the city you want to move to, get the certs, line up a job, and move.
>>
>>18682730
Go into police academy? I dont know cause i dont live in the usa but im sure that you dont need a high school diploma to enter police force in us.
>>
>>18682748
Yeah but I need more training and shit to do it so I can't really just go there and do it it's fucking gay
>>
>>18682763
It is, but you won't survive if you don't have a job lined up.
>>
>>18682763
Get in police training at an academy. Here, if you can read and write then they nake you do some physical tests then they hire you in the police force. Idk how they do it in your country but id imagine its similar
>>
>>18682770
Security isn't police it's like sitting in a mall and watching video cameras all day
>>
>>18682780
Oh when you said criminal justice i thought you meant police. In mall security youre mostly gonna be operating cameras and sitting in the same room for a really long time. Not much 'criminal justice' action going on, its more of a technical job than s job to do with catching bad guys.
>>
>>18682785
Yeah I know it's just more qualifications for the job because they have to report crimes sometimes and use criminal procedure shit
>>
>>18682705
>skilled labor doesn't exist
All the welders in my area laugh at you poorfag
>>
>>18682862
We'll I don't exactly have a way to get into that now
>>
>>18682871
Why not? No nearby trade schools? I'm lucky enough to have a nearby community college that offers certification in case my current major goes to shit
>>
>>18682874
I had the chance in high school but I went for criminal justice because I'm dumb

I don't really wanna wait 2 years to do shit. If a full time job pays minimum wage you get 1300 a month even if an apartment is 700 a month that's doable
>>
>>18682880
>I don't have the patience to get better rewards
Okay faggot

>700 a month
>big city
Have fun living in the ghetto
>>
>>18682890
I will thank you
>>
>>18682880
Bad news: I just rented my condo out in Chicago. Its waaaaay North in a transitional neighborhood called Rogers Park. Two bedroom, one bath, no parking, 900 square feet, second floor walk up: $1400 a month, only utility included is water.
>>
>>18682955
I'm just getting roommates in the ghetto nothing fancy
>>
>would leave comfy small town to live in a shitty ghetto
How so this an improvement?
>>
>>18682974
Best of luck to you.
>>
>>18682697
>Small town only has 1 or 2 doctors
>Those doctors know everyone they treat quite well, since there's only so many people they see
>If you want to be a doctor you have to wait for one of them to retire or leave
>>
>>18682981
The blacks in the ghetto are richer than everyone here
>>
>>18683039
You know nothing dude.

t. A guy who used to libe in a ghetto before he got money to move into a nicer area. Its constant noise, yelling and loud banging shit at night and there are people gambling and smoking drugs on the street. Maybe the other ghettos are nicer idk.
>>
Small town is comfy af, just learn a trade or start a business
>>
>>18683079
You don't understand Donald trump literally put out a statement saying everyone should leave here it's so bad

There's 2 occupations wood cutting and prison guard and even if you do they transfer you 6 hours away to some other woodland shit
>>
>>18682692
Literally did that and am miserable. I'm so homesick I can't stop having panic attacks
>>
>>18682705
Are you op? Look into your county's community college. I can guarantee that they have skilled trade certification programs.
>>
>>18682758
Actually you do
>>
>>18683151
Yea but you're a pussy
>>
>>18683146
What's wrong with woodcutting?
>>
>>18683164
It's a pleb job with high risk low pay and it's STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING WOODS
>>
>>18683162
Yep. Any advice for me? My advice for you is to focus on just getting to a better small town and working a minimum wage job in retail for a while
>>
>>18683188
I was hoping leaving my small town with a small amount of money and being forced to die or survive would help me be less of a pussy
>>
buy and resell cheap chinese stuff to make a little money while you are there
>>>/g/csg
>>
>>18683254
If it was that easy wouldn't everyone do it
>>
>>18683283
but people do it, you fucking retard
not everyone does it, because people are retarded, and love to buy and show off expensive shit
sure, depending on what you buy, you won't make a lot of money... but for selling stuff on the side or when you are in need, it does help. plus, it will help you meet people and find something better to do with your life

also,
>>>/biz/
>>
>>18683298
I've been looking into eBay shit for awhile and was even just on biz asking but it seems impossible with eBay, fees, scammers, PayPal, and shipping if I had boxes to ship shit in I'd start selling the shit I have here I don't use and get into it
>>
>>18682692
with money and a fully fleshed-out plan
>>
Just move to a nearby town, learn a trade. Doesn't have to be a big city. Shit like welding or carpentry or electrician you get paid while you fucking learn. Not much, but a moderate amount. Then you get paid more when a journeyman and even more once you gave enough experience to graduate and run your own business
>>
>>18683311
aliexpress, gearbest, etc. go to >>>/g/csg to read reviews, then buy something everyone wants.
start with cheap stuff, no need to sell expensive things, you'll sell them faster and get a higher profit
>>
>>18683370
If it's so much cheaper on these sites why would people even go on eBay to buy it for more

Or can you only purchase in bulk on these sites?
>>
>>18682696
First post best post
>>
>>18683337
This
>>
>>18684583
Instead of a nearby town can I move to a cheap shitty one that actually has resources?

Atlanta looks cheap as balls 400-600 for a room about the same as everywhere else

Gonna get a job maybe 2 and sell all my junk I got a 2 story house just full of useless shit I wanna sell
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.