[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET / Shut-in Improvement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: neetrocket.jpg (1MB, 3584x2390px) Image search: [Google]
neetrocket.jpg
1MB, 3584x2390px
Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17635737

>Discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things!
All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4.The #support channel is for advice only. Use the #productivity channel to let us know what you're going to do and report back with how it went to help keep you accountable. For everything else, go to the #general channel.

=======================================

Self-help resources: http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
Owner is a little crazy. Kamya is cool though. Come in just for him.
>>
I use to post here but now I'm doing quite well for myself.

Be safe friends.
>>
>forced to drop out of college due to anxiety
>back to being neet, this time with debt

I put all my eggs in one basket and it backfired. I'm not even sure where to go from here.
>>
>>17644445
You're mistaken, the loser board is
>>>/r9k/
that way.
>>
>>17644477
I was in your exact shoes 6 years ago. Its a slow hard road. But not the end of the world.
>>
>>17644477
Take it a step at a time. Go to your GP and get a recommendation for a psychiatrist/psychologist or talk to him about the anxiety you've been dealing with. They can prescribe you something or send you on to others for help. There's also a lot of great resources for dealing with anxiety in the pastebin in the OP.

Otherwise, keep pushing your boundaries. If it's hard to go outside, make sure you do that every day. If eye contact is hard, practice that with a small half smile when you pass people on the street. If it's hard to talk to people, go to furniture/electronic stores and pretend to be looking to make a big purchase on whatever, when an employee asks if you need help politely say yes. And let them help you find whatever it is you're looking for. Thank them, and look alone for a while. If they're still helping you bow out politely with saying you're going to continue to shop around at other stores but might be back. It's a bit awkward but it's good practice if you struggle with talking.
>>
>>17644477
nut up, faggot.
>>
File: ss (2016-10-07 at 03.27.57).png (2KB, 111x110px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-10-07 at 03.27.57).png
2KB, 111x110px
how do i get gf
>>
>>17644445
>one shot at life
>born to boomer parents who work from home (living out in the middle of nowhere)
>parents make to much for me to be eligible for welfare
>can't move to where there's jobs or study because no money (and parents dont see why they should support)
What the fuck do I do guys? Even the army refused to take me (Australia, its not like other militaries who take a lot of people). I don't want to be a neet for another year

If I go bum homeless around the city for awhile will I be able to get a job?
>>
>>17646792
Take trips into nearby cities and apply to as many places as you can. Wait to hear back. Convince your parents to support you briefly in the interim until you get on your feet and then start paying them back if they're that kind of people.
>>
>>17646792
How old are you?

Once you're 22, in Australia, your parents income is irrelevant. Apply for newstart and make $530 a fortnight and get rent assistance to bump that up. Find a shared house and you can live without a job as long as you're looking for a job. I'm moving out as well and that's what I'm planning when I move out soon.

Are you in melbourne by any chance?
>>
>>17644445
I'm not a neet myself, yet, for I wish to motivate people.
However, I have a friend who is one, and I feel like he might need to improve with age, else all he will do is either dote on me or be depressed.
How can I help him get out in the work life? I can't say he is very willing, but somewhere in his head knows this can't go on forever.
I don't like seeing my friend sad.
>>
How old is too old to go to college-style parties with the intention of getting high and fucking 20 year old girls?
Please don't start the "it is never too late" talk, there are age limits on what is socially acceptable and I don't want to pretend I can live my life like I'm 18 again, wasted time can never be gained back but I do want to make up for it best as I can.
I think 26 is about the upper limit, 27 AT MOST. But I'd like more opinions.
>>
>>17647777
I'm failing out of college while my friends are graduating and going to be successful. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be resented by them for being a loser and I'd rather stop seeing them than to let them see me like this. Maybe I'm just prideful but if I was your friend, just having your support and understanding would mean a lot already.

Is he trying to find work and better himself?
>>
>>17647787
Depends on how old you look, That's probably the easiest to get chicks wherever, really.
Look young and hot and you can probably fetch someone at max 30 or something, maybe a bit less. You need to have the same level of communicating as then as well after all.
>>
>>17647812
If I could I'd try to help you too anon, seriously.

No, He has given up since a bad experience since around 6 years from now. I am still by his side for him to be sad, and gotten terribly manipulated at times as of this, but no good, it seems. I have tried to start a few creative projects with him as of recently, however.
>>
Anyone have advice on moving out of the parents' house (USA)? I think most people say the safest thing to do is live with parents as long as you can and keep saving money but it's driving me nuts living with them.
I'm 20y/o, stuck working at their family business which is very short handed and they manage it terribly. I usually don't get home until 8-10pm, I work under the table and I don't get a paycheck, they pay me whenever they add up my hours which is rarely.
I also don't have a car, I've been riding a street legal dirt bike on a permit. I've got about $4500 in my bank account. Haven't gone to college.

Unfortunately, I already tried the military but got discharged from boot camp with anxiety. I've never been diagnosed outside of that. All the stress just keeps making me think an hero is the only option but I'm trying to think more positive.
>>
>>17647871
Look for a skill that fit with you,
Maybe Computer programming like me, but nowaday these are totally fill with pajeets and other shits
but anyway, learn a skill as apprentice or from someone, college are nowaday overrated IMHO

For anxiety , go to a gym and be like Zyzz
>>
>>17647889
I've dabbled into programming, not enough to actually write code but I've wondered if IT sort of work would be more suitable. I'm usually the one called on to fix people's computer troubles. Web design/development would be up there too.
What kind of places should I look for that kind of entry level work? On Craigslist I usually only find jobs for super qualified people with degrees and years of work experience, and usually pretty far away.

I suppose if I went the web dev/design route I could just offer services to local businesses (kinda daunting) or find a local developer and learn from him.
I appreciate the guidance.
>>
who depressed and lonely 2nite
>>
>>17648306
me
>>
>>17644445
I'M FINALLY MOVING UP. LITTLE BY LITTLE.

I girlfriend and I got some jobs at Amazon and we're hoping to save up while it lasts (seasonal) then move to greener pastures.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 398x500px
>>17648327
>>
>>17648327
Well done. Keep it up.
Don't rest on your laurels like I did or you could end up in a worse place than before.
>>
Slightly stupid question. I need to learn how to write essays and shit again for future jobs and I can't remember how to do them seeing how the last time I wrote one is coming up 5 years now.

Anywhere good that'll let me practice my writing skills? Same goes with spelling tests, I've always been a shit speller.
>>
File: k1339301391.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
k1339301391.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
The advice on how to get girls is terrible I really hope no one is following this guide closely.
>>
>>17647176
>Convince your parents to support you briefly in the interim until you get on your feet and then start paying them back if they're that kind of people.
Believe me, I've tried. they're not even those kinds of people. I think they're worried about my inability to pay it back if i'm unable to find work, but also mostly they don't see why they should in the first place. A kind of, "why should blood be thicker than water" type stance as a far as I can tell. It's their money and I'm not them so they don't understand why they'd owe it to me, even as a loan. Family isn't a big value here.
>Take trips into nearby cities and apply to as many places as you can.
I'm pretty much about to do this, probably sometime this week. I've only been hesitant as I don't think I'd make the most reliable candidate given that public transport would be a 3 hour transit (one way) to reach the city and i'm unable to save up for a car or anything like that. and this may result in me not even receiving a response.
>>17647766
I'm 19 right now, almost a year out of high school. I understand that for newstart eligibility I must be 22, so that's a fair way away, but if I have no options until then, I guess its the best option.
>Melbourne
Nah, nsw, a fair bit outside the sydney basin, but not far enough to be close to bathurst
>>
>>17648875
Apply for relatively inexpensive colleges in more populated areas. Get a part time job nearby once you get in, and work your ass off. Alternatively develop a skill you can work on at home and market it. Learn how to make something well that you can sell online/head into the city to sell, or to fix phones or something similar. Get yourself the startup capital to get a car or relocate somewhere with jobs.
>>
Do any of you guys do things like online transcription services or Mturk and similar micro-jobs? I'm mooching off my parents for housing and necessities, but I'd like to save up money towards school and personal items before I transition into the workforce in the next year..
>>
As someone who used to be a NEET,

My advice is, embrace Satan.
>>
I'm a total NEET, and the only relationships ive ever had were ldr with people i met trough internet. How big are the differences between ldr and normal relationship?
>>
>>17649457
Went from internet LDR to normal relationship when my boyfriend moved closer to me.
We already lived together for 3 months each year of our LDR.

It is cool because I got to spend time with him more frequently - we were together 3 days a week when we lived in different houses, and then every day when we moved in together.
You get to experience more things of your partner because online it's easier to hide some aspects of you. You idealize them less. And it's both good and bad.
You also get to experience the real relationship - when you're online you tend to talk about how many cool things you'd do together if you were close, then when you're actually together all the time you just lay on the couch and play videogames and don't do shit.
Physical intimacy is amazing. I loved sleeping with him, cuddling up against him. Also, sex.
I loved making space for him in my every day life, start doing things with him for real.
>>
>>17646792
What happened with the military? I'm thinking of trying my luck.
>>
>>17649457
Depends how serious they are eg. talking for a week vs. being up to date on their life, skyping etc.

For the average first-worlder it's as easy as taking a holiday. Flights aren't expensive anymore, even going all around the world.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.