[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET / Shut-in Improvement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: 1475449065732.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475449065732.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17630468

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things!
All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4.The #support text channel is for advice and only advice. For everything else, go to the #general channel.

=======================================
Resources for self-help and helping others:
http://pastebin.com/Um9zwSXu
>>
>discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR
>>
File: napoleon-007.jpg (117KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon-007.jpg
117KB, 620x372px
ITT: People who have never had sex give each other advice on how to talk to girls
>>
Am I required to be a neet to join? I'm not one and I have an above average success, I like helping though
>>
File: 1472845452039.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472845452039.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>17635775
Its open to anyone, just remember to bee urself
>>
>>17635783
>depressed miku
Pls no
>>
>>17635765
But I thought you had sex peggy
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MOL822Z70BLJZNmDsVQeB5PEeFCFgpIbVLFkfb5eELw/edit#

Include this in the OP, it's from the old general that was similar to this one and has a lot of things you should look into if you want to get better.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>17635982
Looks helpful. I think we will.
>>
How can you be NEET and self supportive?

Right now, I work 60 hours a week to pay my bills, and keep me in stock of the latest video games I want to play.

How could I eliminate that 60 hours of work each week, and continue to pay my bills while supporting my video game addiction?

Things were all fine and dandy before I decided to move out, and get a job. And now 5 years later I'm depressed as fuck, and need a NEETcation.
>>
I'm not a NEET. I'm in college but I am afraid that I am not really right for modern society. I just hate how fake a lot of it seems. I am one of those people who cannot fake anything. My brain will not let me do it. I will purposefully go AGAINST the grain just because it's against the grain. I can't pretend to be a normal functioning adult who gets dressed up to peacock himself to potential employers. I refuse. I will not play that bullshit game.

Do you have to play the game? Or is there a way around it? I feel like I am running out of options and time and I am scared.

I have hobbies and interests and I'm not socially retarded.
>>
>>17636192
pirate games?
>>
>>17636214
What the fuck are you talking about?

Where do you people get the idea that modern society is all fakey fake fake bullshit? Holden Caulfield? You know he was supposed to be a narcissist with a huge tangle of unresolved issues, right?

Dressing up for job interviews etc isn't "peacocking", you're not presenting yourself as anything you aren't, it's just a form of communication: you're communicating respect for the job and for the person you're talking to, the same way you probably wouldn't greet them, or your girlfriend's grandmother, or YOUR grandmother, by saying "Hey yo what up, cunt?"

Unless your chosen field is hospitality, or politics, or stripping, you don't need to present yourself as anything other than what you are to get by. Just be civil and courteous. What exactly is the issue here?
>>
>>17636270
How does that pay my bills, though?
>>
>>17636311
Sell pantsu
>>
>>17636331
pantsu?
>>
>>17636336
Yes pantsu
>>
I wrote a poem

I'm a neet
I mastarbate but I do not complete
A life of defeat, tissues at my feet
Blood stains on my toilet seat
More secrets than a catholic priest
I grow alone in the dark like yeast
Social life no
Friends no
Women no
Family no
Let me just get my gun and blow
>>
>>17636192
60 hours?? Where do you live?
>>
>>17636435
In the states. My usual work week is just over 40 hours a week, but we've been on projects for the past couple months where it's 55-65 hours a week.
>>
File: 1459298865973.gif (144KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1459298865973.gif
144KB, 340x340px
>>17636391
>I grow alone in the dark like yeast
>>
>>17636311

Go off-grid!!

Why pay the man housing and electric when you can build your own?

Bill Mollison. If ya wanna know more fucking google it
>>
File: 87655467365.png (20KB, 869x276px) Image search: [Google]
87655467365.png
20KB, 869x276px
Saw this on /fit/

Is it any good?
>>
>>17636706
I checked out his wiki page, and ctrl+f could pick up anything about electricity.. So, I don't htink that one is going to work for me.
>>
>>17636391
This is so cash. Why arent there more replies to this?
>>
File: 1441221578501.jpg (57KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1441221578501.jpg
57KB, 600x798px
Updated help resources:
http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
How do I into jobs? I never get much luck with these online applications in the 'careers' link.
>>
How do I stop coming here when I have shit to do? It's way too easy for me to get sidetracked.
>>
>>17637580
Do you follow up on your resumes? What kind of education do you have? If you're looking for a simple job, you may want to just go into a place and talk to the employer. They like being able to actually talk to a human being and will think about your application over others'. If you're not comfortable doing that, maybe try to call the place you want to work at and ask about job opportunities.
>>17638141
What kind of shit do you have to do? If it doesn't require the internet, maybe just try turning off your internet until you are done with everything you need to do. If it does require the internet, maybe try to only focus on that one thing you're working on and not have any extra tabs open. Maybe there's an add on that helps with that?
>>
>>17638169
It's mostly school work. And it is on the computer for the most part. And while the idea of the extension might not work imo, it has given me the idea to do my work at the library, since then I am limited through "organic" means, like other people watching me, and I sure don't want to be known as that guy who looks at scantly clad anime girls and conspiracy theory videos on his laptop in public.
>>
>>17636391
I lol'd, thanks. Very nice.

Do you have anymore poetry to share? Unironically interested.
>>
why is getting a job so hard.
people say its easy, but i apply often and get turned down always.
i hate retail and shit, but thats mainly where i apply.

i'd really prefer to work in an office or something though.
how can i get a job like that? where i work at a desk or something.

i hate customer service.
>>
>>17639625

Call Centers usually have back office areas. That's where I currently am, actually. But I started being a filthy operator.

The pay is not very good, though, I'm quitting in December and joining a bank. Any bank.
>>
>>17639628
i wouldn't totally hate a call center. I've applied to banks and AAA many times, but i never even get to the interview stage.

it also doesn't help me much that I can't drive, and dont have a car. All jobs ask for "reliable transportation" but many now require a driver license, which fucks me over hardcore
>>
>>17639633

I don't have a car neither, yet here I am.
What's your resume?
>>
Motivation?
Graduated this summer and have lost all motivations since then. Always had performance anxiety which made me deal with projects as fast as possible so I could get rid of them in time and always with the best result. Now I'm looking for a job but have a hard time even scrambling together my portfolio. At University I was able to easily do 10–20 projects in a week. I think it was because it had consequences if I didn't do them, now nothing happens if I don't do anything.. And the nothingness is what is killing me, I feel like nothing, I produce nothing, I do nothing. I've tried the Pomodoro method to focus and it doesn't work. I've tried making a schedule but break it. I've tried making my own deadlines, but then the brain ghosts start going "You got all the time in the world, make sure it's perfect, don't settle with okay or great like you used to." Trouble with seeking perfection is that nothing is ever perfect to me, and I don't know how to stop my brain from going that route. I want to be alright with "ok" or "great", but it just makes me miserable when I know I could do so much better.
>>
File: 1474070508140.jpg (277KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474070508140.jpg
277KB, 1400x1000px
My NEET life is over.

>depressed, years as NEET
>family on my back about getting a job
>throwing job applications and resumes around all the time with no luck
>ramp it up out of desperation
>finally one bites
>profuse sweating, nervous during phone and in-person interviews
>get job offer, accept it
>family immediately criticizes the job, hours and pay
>"Really? I don't think it's worth it anon. At that pay and how far you have to drive? Can your car even do that now? You won't make ANYTHING."
>all people that have well-paying jobs or got good jobs from friends and didn't have to start from the bottom

I know it isn't glamorous but I at least wanted some praise from them. It's part time (basically just covering hours needed and helping out) but I figure even if I hate it I can look for a job while working there. I'll at least get rid of the gap on my employment history and earn extra scratch.

I hope it works out and I wish other anons here luck in their search. I had to sift through a lot of bullshit and rejections but finally got something. It fucking sucks and I almost gave up at some points. I even had an employment agency basically treat me like an outcast and told me finding me work would be 'difficult' or 'not likely'. That put a fire in my belly and I've always had a history of liking to prove people wrong.
>>
File: nicomaki_cover.jpg (79KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
nicomaki_cover.jpg
79KB, 600x305px
>>17635737
dont do any of it, its bs!
>>
Anyone else here has family that pressures them about not getting a job/staying a neet rather than opposite way? (like, hikki parents that are lonely etc.)

>>17640674
>>family immediately criticizes the job, hours and pay
>>"Really? I don't think it's worth it anon. At that pay and how far you have to drive? Can your car even do that now? You won't make ANYTHING."
jesus that's exactly the kinda shit that kills all my motivation to do anything
>>
>>17636302

You will have to admit many, many many people in this world are fake, created by their environment, getting orders and applying them without thinking, shitting on others backs...

I can understand why people think this world is fake.
>>
>>17636302
It is a game though. Learn how to play or gtfo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dXlLpsU0ao
>>
So I quit my last job because of disagreements in the work place >manager was being a cunt
>had put up with her shit before but not this time again. Not for near minimum wage.
Unfortunately my dumbass didn't prepare another job in advance like a normal person.

My question for anyone willing to answer is: Have any of you gone from customer service to security? Seems like a weird transition, especially on applications I start filling out. Also I'm afraid of drug testing (weed only, I live in CA). I have friends who insist it's super easy to use fake piss but it's ((worrying)) me.
>>
I just testing my luck but someone feels like you don't want anything?

Not hating, not sad, just, you reached what you wanted and you're satisfied.

Lot of people tried to talk to me like "you have to try new things" "you have to try new experiences" but I don't know how that is going to help me if I'm forcing myself to do that things.
>>
>>17640703
People are really good at separating themselves into social networks (just maths, you're never many degrees of separation away from anyone else). Fake people end up surrounded by other fake personalities because they repel everybody else. High achievers end up surrounded by other impressive people, which is kind of neat, and it's nice to be known. So there are many people who suck, but fortunately it's naturally hard to clash with them IRL.
>>
>>17636214
Is it fake to dress properly? It's just a way of showing to people that you know what you're doing and can take care of yourself. You're also expected to wash yourself.
>>
As a non-neet antisocialite who is a shutin I am presently frustrated with fellow neets and shutins. You guys will sacrifice anything and anyone for a single slice of self confidence and are proud to do it. I'm bad at making friends but I didn't ask to be bombarded with the combined anxiety of my nervous peers. I'm realizing exactly how trashy and shitty it is to be a shut-in. Do drugs and learn something. Fuck. I've got my dignity and I won't be shamed for defending it.
>>
I'm going to move out, within two months, and live on welfare until I can get a job, unless I can find a job first. How do I live super cheap? I'm not socially retarded but I have no experience living independently. I can't cook either.
>>
File: 1474239168023.jpg (687KB, 1500x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1474239168023.jpg
687KB, 1500x1023px
>>17640701
>jesus that's exactly the kinda shit that kills all my motivation to do anything

That anon here. Their criticism used to kill my motivation and make me feel like trash. I realized that being a NEET is bad but I'd rather be a pathetic NEET that continuously fails than one that sits around and takes zero risks. Plus their criticism is based on their life and what they're used to. I've a slow start and that's my fault but they could at least realize I have to start small due to my situation.

Just keep trying anon. There were some days I stayed in bed or felt like doing nothing so don't beat yourself up about that. We all need time to ourselves, but maybe make a few days of the week mandatory 'do shit' days. You'll feel better even with small things accomplished. I used to feel a bit better when just running errands, doing grocery shopping for others or strolling around the park. Or maybe just do tidying up around the house, cook or do yard work. It got me out of my room and moving.

Don't give up anon.
>>
How did neets survive before the internet?
>>
Started learning web development stuff 40 days ago. Its going well so far it's just hard to keep myself motivated and make sure I don't fall into the pit again. Hope to be job ready in a year or two.
>>
I just came across $10,000 (legally, I swear). This may be chump change for most but I'm a broke ass NEET. How can I responsibly use it to help get myself out of NEEThood? So far on the table I've got

- Driving lessons+licensing process.
- Dental work (cleansing)
- Interview and work clothes
- Finish up school (came real close to graduating)

Just spitballing here.
>>
>>17642090
You nailed it, all of those.

>legally
Explanation? Will?

>>17641904
Not all neets have to be shut ins senpai
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.