[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dont corporations do more anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (161KB, 1032x827px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1032x827px
Why dont corporations do more anime?
>>
>>154701899
Opens up a whole bag of worms

>make cute cartoon girls and put them out as ads
>legions of millennials and butthurt SEAs accuse you of "cultural appropriation" and sexism because the girls are too sexy
>doesn't really net you sales outside of Japan, and most western countries would find it cringe-worthy to shop at a place selling cartoon girl burgers
>also opens the floodgates for lewd images which can even appear official and circulated widely, possibly outpacing your own legitimate efforts
>might look too much like another studio's character and get you into a lawsuit
>Japan doesn't even really like western food so pandering to them even harder doesn't net huge returns

Dominos or pizza hut or whatever did it with Hatsune Miku, and I have a feeling that didn't really get them all that many more sales, and then considering the licensing fees they paid to use her I doubt it was worth it.
>>
>>154701899
elaborate

>>154702108
I have no clue what your context is but most of that seems untrue, there was that mcdonalds anime short and it was popular as fuck for a while. And don't SEAs LOVE anime and pretty much get all their culture from Japan, why would they complain? I guess the lawsuit things and lewd things are true, but Microsoft does it an nothing like that has happened.
And Japan eats tons of KFC and McDonalds and stuff like that.
But like I said I don't know what your context is, are you talking about corporations using it in Japan or in America or what?
>>
>>154702449
I'm assuming OP was talking about corporations using anime in western (western europe and the americas) countries. It could (and has) worked in Japan, but I think it wouldn't go over well in the US or much of western europe.
>>
>>154702108
>doesn't really net you sales outside of Japan, and most western countries would find it cringe-worthy

Maybe in English speaking homo paradises but in Spanish speaking countries, I think it would be a hit.
>>
>>154701899
It's a lot more popular now than it was before. you may just not notice it.
>>
>>154701899
Explain the McChicken meme to me.
>>
>>154704065
/ck/ meme. It's like a non-answer to any question.
>>
>>154704167
Like Boku no Pico?
>>
>>154702108
None of this stupid shit happens here, fuck off.
>>>/v/
>>>/pol/
>>>/co/
>>>/tv/
Take your pick.
>>
>>154704394
Not that anon, but what the fuck does his post have to do with either /pol/, /v/, /tv/ or /co/?
He just answered OP's question
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.