[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BETA INVASION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 75

File: Know_Your_Enemy.jpg (1MB, 1573x1594px) Image search: [Google]
Know_Your_Enemy.jpg
1MB, 1573x1594px
The BETA from Muv-Luv have come along and they've decided to fuck up the fictional universes of the anime you've watched.

How much of a chance do your characters stand?

> Re:Zero - Not at all

> Space Battleship Yamato: Barely

> Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Maybe, definitely with Iserlohn

> Sailor Moon: ???
>>
>>152989731
>that vagina on the ballsack legs of the soldier class
I always wondered where it said Unit 00 stuck her modified clit dick in the events of Alternative
>>
>>152989917
>you'll never get to fuck a soldier BETA
>>
>>152989731
Anyone remember how many are supposed to exist? It was some exponent.
>>
>>152989731
Evangelion - If handling small number at a time then yes, if laser BETA's learn to target the external power cable then they are most likely fucked
>>
I never like the BETA due to their overpowered nature. It would seem to me that you could engineer a virus or discover some chemical that acts like a nerve agent to fight them. But I've been told that it doesn't work like that. And then I learn they have some special unobtainium in their biology that allows them to have megawatt class lasers that recharge in 20 seconds, which makes them even more bullshit. So pretty much 95% of the anime universes stand no chance against them.

Gun Buster would probably be able to defend the solar system.
>>
>>152991655
They would most likely continue to aim at the EVA and have it be blocked by the A.T. Field due to EVA's being jammed filled with tech. Superior would eventually wise up and give directives to attack the cable. EVA's are tall, irrc a little over half the height of a destroyer BETA. I can't see the BETA doing much if we sent Mass Production Evangelions into their hives. Mass Production Evangelions could probably just straight up fly straight down the the hole in the hive to destroy the generator no problem.
>>
>>152991956
On that same note Space monsters shit all over BETA they eat stars for breakfast.
>>
>>152992028
I honestly can't think of many anime that would survive. It seems like only Type II civilizations have a chance against BETA. And the Earth from Gun Buster didn't actually have that level of civilization, though they were able to harness tremendous amounts of energy.
>>
I'm assuming you don't know too much about the other archbishops, the witches and Reinhard...you'd only need the Archbishop of Greed, The Witch of Envy or Reinhard to slaughter these fuckers.
>>
>>152992144
I want to believe Reinhard can kill them, and I know how cheat he is. They just outnumber him by an illogical amount, and he would essentially be fighting an endless war.
>>
>>152992129
dude, gunbuster humanity built a blackhole bomb that consumed the centre of the milky way galaxy.
also the show's namesake which fodderizes millions of star-eating space monsters in one shot.
>>
>>152992224
Yeah, but they don't have structures that harness the energy of an entire star. The civilization from Gunbuster seems to have achieved that, yet it isn't actually seen.

Kinda like how we aren't even a Type 1 Civilization, but we still have hydrogen bombs.
>>
>>152989731
>yamato
>barely

Nigga what, the space fleet from yamato would smash the shit out of beta, and that's the fleet that couldn't even dent the Gamilas ships.

And the Yamato alone would just shoot hives with impunity. And if there are just unihnabited planets then they'll wave motion gun the shit out of any planet that has beta on them.

>Gundam

They could defend indefinitely easily even in 0079. Partly because of minovsky physics and the way it's like "lollasers" not to mention beam rifles would fuck their shit in every different direction coupled with the capability for actual orbital bombardment.

>Getter robo

lolbeta.

>crest of the stars

lolbeta
>>
>>152990907
10^35 superior-kuns spread throughout the universe
>>
>>152989731
Reinhard solos.
>>
>>152989731
Modern aircraft and JDAM bombs could kill all of these things. I mean, the Laser-class BETA can only acquire targets up to 33,000ft, well below the flight ceiling of most aircraft.
>>
>>152989731
I'm not familiar with Muv-Luv, but do they not have any dedicated airborne strains for atmospheric use? Seems to be an obvious strain to develop, which if somehow not actually exist in their universe, wouldn't high altitude air superiority be able to fuck their shit up?

If their numbers are as massive as I'm assuming, regular humanity would get zerged to death, yeah, but I can't really see spacefaring races losing too much ground against them.
>>
>>152992797
BETA can shoot down spacecraft in orbit.
>>
>>152994345
I can shoot your mum down with my dick.
>>
File: 10 outta 10.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
10 outta 10.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>152994415
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
>>
>>152989731
>> Re:Zero - Not at all
Assuming his buffs are as bullshit as stated, Reinhardt can't really be killed by BETA but at the same time he's just one guy and he'd never be able to kill them faster than they are produced.

Subaru probably could destroy the BETA if we assume he really does have infinite tries. Throw that dice enough times and eventually that 10^-1000 chance roll will happen.

Witch of Envy could without much trouble though, she's got plenty of reality warping powers and destroyed half the world, and big AoE shit is what you need against BETA. No guarantees the world will be in good shape afterwards.
>>
>>152989731
>DBSuper

Goku jobs to a laser-class but the rest of the cast handle them no problem at all.
>>
>>152989731
>One Punch Man
It should be alright.
>>
>>152989731
>Gundam 00

ELS based units will fuck them up.
>>
>>152994842
>ELS assimilating beta

What have you done.
>>
>>152989731
>Nanoha
BETA are fucked.
>>
>>152989731

Any series where the heroes aren't retarded.

Betas aren't remotely a threat to Gundam. The standard units have 120mm machine guns and more mobility than the BETA can deal with. Not to mention every MS is a walking nuclear bomb and you could just withdraw and detonate a reactor every time they manage to get a Zaku II or whatevs.

Plus magicbullshitparticles totally disperses shit over a couple of km away. That means the lasers aren't doing shit.

This is without factoring in beam rifles.

Minovsky particles are bullshit and OP.
>>
>>152994895
>Soldier class gets pierced non stop and turned into ELS

How lewd.
>>
File: 012.jpg (618KB, 960x1620px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
618KB, 960x1620px
>>152989731
>Youjo Senki
DEUS LO VULT
>>
>>152992224
>black hole bomb
>consumes the black hole at the center of the galaxy
Nobody ever said Gunbuster made any sense.
>>
>>152994959
people forget muv-luv is VOTOMS tier, if not below (cuz votoms space ships)
>>
>>152989731
>Urara Meirocho
>apology accepted, BETA goes home
>>
File: 782c525eeda83d7661ab6535dc8cb333.jpg (297KB, 787x1274px) Image search: [Google]
782c525eeda83d7661ab6535dc8cb333.jpg
297KB, 787x1274px
>>152989731
>Diebuster

Buster Machine 7 single handedly erase the BETA strain from the universe.
>>
File: latest.jpg (686KB, 2589x1255px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
686KB, 2589x1255px
>>152994959
Don't forget actual WMDs are only banned in Gundam out of MAD. Using nukes or any number of wacky WMDs in the series would toast them.
Like this nigga.
It only needs 3 MS reactors worth of power to melt a hole right through mountains.
>>
>>152995354
When the big zam is mass produced, the BETA will be crushed in no time!
>>
>>152994345
>BETA can shoot down spacecraft in orbit.
So can modern missiles. Your point?
>>
>>152995354
Newtypes plus proper MS (Late UC suits especially) could do pretty well just mentioning UC stuff
>>
>>152995658
How would a Zaku II stand up compared to a TSF anyway?
>>
>>152989731
The only thing the BETA have is their numbers. They are pretty dumb even with their 10 to the 37th power numbers.

>Demonbane
The BETA is toast. Kurou will make Takeru jealous of how fucking fast he can kill BETA. That anime is a fucking travesty compared to the source material.
>Fafner
Soushi and Kazuki assimilate the superior in Kashgar. Festum assimilate BETA, and turn them into their bitches. Beta know not to fuck with Earth or Tatsumiyajima. The UN would do the typical nuclear things that they're well known for in that universe. It would probably end up like the Yokohama base due to the UN being jerks.
>Mahouka
Onii-sama vaporizes the Earth. Everything is dead.
>>
>>152994959
>>152995354
TSFs have 120mm cannons, mobility, and onboard nuclear reactors too. The problem is that ammo runs out, fuel runs out, and there isn't enough habitable land left to just set off nuclear explosions willy-nilly.

Nukes were extensively used against the BETA by the Soviets, and used again in TDA, to say nothing of shit like G-Bombs. It didn't work.

The main advantage a typical Gundam series has is that they can actually into space and would be able to intercept the BETA pods before they landed.
>>
>>152995681

BVR is impossible vs UC mobile suits. Minovsky particles interfere with pretty much every radiation source including visual acquisition.

You need to be within a good 2km of the target at least on a planet or it's effectively invisible.

That means Laser and Heavy-class Laser betas are 100% ineffective since they require a safe zone to operate and their accuracy would be ruined by how the reactors work. Meanwhile even the most basic primary armament in UC is capable of killing the toughest BETA from the front and they tend to be rapid fire with 100 round magazines.

That's without beam machine guns and so on that came later or going into shit like Gundams.
>>
>>152996046
Neat. And I always thought Mobile Suits were middling trash when not piloted by plot-armoured psychic spacemen protags.
>>
File: 1386309652026.jpg (387KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1386309652026.jpg
387KB, 1920x1200px
>>152989731
>>152991956
I am neither /k/ nor have I ever watched muv-Luv but looking at all this BETA units makes me feel like the modern military can wipe them out in an instant

>laser units are completely useless against non guided artillery shells fired en mass
>tank units are literally just giant targets for aircrafts and missiles. Not to mention that they are just asking to trip on mines and explosives
>all anti-personel units are melee and giants like the fuck can they do against a bullet curtain?

The biggest flaw in the BETA's design is the fact that 80% of them are just short-ranged tanks with poor manuerability. A squad of soldiers armed with high powered rifles dropped on sky scrappers would find no problem wrecking havoc on them before they have to retreat.
And let us not get started on nukes and chemical weapons
>>
>>152996123
The lasers are accurate and can fire in succession quick enough to fuck over mass artillery shells
Air force in universe becomes obsolete because laser class is too OP, that's why the mecha in Muv-Luv are named after real life planes.
iirc it takes a tank round to even take out the shittiest beta apart from the soldier classes
>>
>>152996123
>feel like the modern military can wipe them out
This was true for a short period of time immediately after landing on Earth. Helis and planes were destroying them with no problems until the laser class started being made. The denial of air superiority combined with a reproduction rate that's similar to the Zerg in Starcraft pretty much fucked over most attempts of resistance
>>
>>152995681
A Zaku 2 would absolutely wreck even newer TSFs without even really considering the M-particle effects. They're incredibly durable comparatively without any speed loss.

>>152996046
>That means Laser and Heavy-class Laser betas are 100% ineffective since they require a safe zone to operate and their accuracy would be ruined by how the reactors work. Meanwhile even the most basic primary armament in UC is capable of killing the toughest BETA from the front and they tend to be rapid fire with 100 round magazines.

Not entirely but yes, don't forget that there would be large scale diffracting effects for the lasers and all UC weapons are coated against laser attacks anyway which is why Mega Particle weapons took off in a big way.

an E-pack equipped beam rifle would tear through dozens of beta per shot (limited by how long it took the particles to dissipate into the atmosphere and gravity) And they could do things like use the solar system to blow the fuck out of hives with no radioactive fallout.
>>
>>152996266
plus lets not forget, worst case scenario? just drop a colony on it. Phase 9 hives get fukt.
>>
>>152996180
>>152996248
>12/36 seconds interval.
>max range is 30km - 100km
>artillery shells can reach up to speeds of about 1600 m/s
>a modern howitzer can fire from 500 km

This is just so stupid. A modern artillery technology can wipe out the entire laser horde in a few shots.
>>
>>152996289
Not to mention that the colony drop was more psychological than tactical. If you really wanted to slam something into the earth to Fuck That One Area In Particular, there is an entire asteroid belt filled with good sized rocks.
>>
>>152996296
Yes but when they have 10 times more than you have howitzers they can pull it off.

>>152996348
More "hey we want to wipe out Jaburo right now, what's close? oh yeah, colonies!"
>>
>>152996378
I guess that's the one thing about the Beta. They have glaring flaws but make up for it by being crazy retard numerous.
>>
>>152996421
They also evolve after a few years to cover their flaws if its glaring enough, like laser classes in response to air superiority.

They probably stuck to their current shit because TSFs are a poor response that feeds plenty of pilots to them.
>>
File: 1386309870515.jpg (666KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1386309870515.jpg
666KB, 1280x1024px
>>152996378
>Yes but when they have 10 times more than you have howitzers they can pull it off.
The old days said the same thing about anti air craft guns but lo. They were rendered obsolete by the missiles that has shockwave effects. And those were for air-craft not artillery

Even if you pack a hundred laser hordes, they wont hit shit because they have no fragmentation effects. That woukd be like hitting a bullet with another bullet
>>
>>152996473
I shudder to think what a year's war with any of these overpowered universes in thread would change them into.
>>
>>152989731
I want to see BETA vs space squids (Hideauze)
>>
>>152996480

>hitting bullet with another bullet

You need to know that Laser classes can easily and effectively shot down ordnance and missiles too, not just aircraft. In ML milliary often must cover entire sky over battlefield with clouds of heavy metals before using missiles and artillery shells otherwise they will be shot down before reaching their targets.
>>
>>152989731
Shit aliens.

I'd rather know how the fictional universes of the anime you've watched would fare against this completely harmless puppydog.
>>
>>152996602
>You need to know that Laser classes can easily and effectively shot down ordnance and missiles too, not just aircraft
>over 10 second cooldown each unit
>effective ordnance killer that are fired at a rate of 1 shell per 3 seconds, at a trench filled with tubes and artillery tanks

The stupidity just made me shake what the fuck
>>
>>152996673
You are forgetting there will be like 10000 of those laser classes.
>>
Considering what I am watching now:

>Hunter X Hunter
>Youjo Senki
Will end up with BETA victory.

>Initial D
Everyone but Takeru dies. Takeru drifts his way to safety every episode.

>Gabriel Dropout
It depends if the mankind can be relocated to heaven/hell or not and how strong the angels/demons are. Gab can bring apocalypse at least but what kind of? Hunger, disease, war, etc are bad to mankind only.

>Konosuba
Everything but Demon's King castle is conquered.
>>
>>152996702
Yes. And all of them will be completely defenseless after the first round. Your point?

This is so stupid. This franchise got the concept of warfare so wrong
>>
>>152996750
So you're going to get 10000+ shells on the target within 10 seconds? Do you intend to field every artillery piece on earth against a relatively small BETA force?
>>
File: 1419504862927.jpg (16KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1419504862927.jpg
16KB, 284x178px
>>152996837
A single shell can create a 50 meter crater, anon. And betas attack in a tight-knit horde

I need only 10 Howitzers to take out all the laser hordes. Not to mention the Naval support. Not to mention the use of chemical weapons and white phosporus
>>
>>152996750
Betas don't run out of money, suffer morale problems, get poor public opinion and destabilization of society, or surrender if you one-sidedly blow up their armies a few time.

They simply shit out more children and send it at you until you run out of metal to make artillery with.
Its not war.
>>
>>152996890
But how is the shell going to hit when it gets shot down?
>>
>>152996897
Sounds like perfect targets.

>>152996926
Do not fire the shells at the same time
>>
File: 1438548115385.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438548115385.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
It's a bit one-sided.
>>
>>152996956
So you think the 10000 lasers will all fire at the same 10 shells? Because they won't. A few will fire (very few, those things are stupidly accurate due to it being a laser), then others will fire at the next, and so on. The first ones to fire will be ready to fire again well before all 10000 have fired.
>>
>>152996956
>>152996750
Do not fire the lasers at the same time. Don't forget that your enemy is controlled by a hivemind, they don't shoot randomly, and while all this is happening, a bunch of betas are already digging under your trenches filled with artillery.
With that being said, the main point in ML is that the beta came quite soon, humanity was in a very stage where they had no tech and resources like us now. If the invasion happened 50 years later, they might be able to stop it completely with modern armies.
>>
Frankly, just nail bits of dead beta into planes, you retards.

They don't shoot allies.
>>
>>152989731
The last anime I watched with characters who could even fight BETA was probably Mob Psycho 100. Since Mob 100% operates on Rule of Cool, him and other high level espers could probably collapse hives while redirecting lasers with shields.
>>
>>152997024
>>152997046
Allow me to reitterate my previous word:
An artillery shell fires at a speed of 1600m/s but a beta can only fire on laser per 10-30 second.
They have taken in 4 shells before they could fire again.

And, again, an artillery shell is almost completely impossible to stop because it is fast and small. Using lasers against shells is even worse as lasers are very thin streaks of light that carries no effects to the environment. Might I even add the fact that you can arm artillery shells wth napalm rounds that would rain down fires and white phosphorus on the target after they were shot down.

Stop calling your BETAs as OP aliens cause they are not.
>>
this happens every thread
>>
>>152997197
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about in the ML part. The lasers are very effective (they are literal bullshit lasers) and they simply need 4 times more laser class than artillery you have. And let me repeat, the issue in ML is that humanity was not prepared. The beta didn't attack in 2017 with the people knowing about it beforehand. By the time they took the threat serious, the enemy occupied 80% of the playing field. It's the situation where you know you could win if you had more time and resources, but you don't. Also, after a few time you would wipe out the lasers with you guns, they would tunnel behind you, or make an entirely new subspecies that specifies against your tactic.
>>
>>152997051
>inb4 strain of BETA that just pretends to be dead so humans salvage it and get fucked in the ass
>>
>>152997197
It's anime physics, BETA are theoretical, fictional aliens. They're specifically designed to be unstoppable by conventional weapons so that the author could justify having rocket-propelled samurai mechs slashing them into pieces.
>>
>>152997197
>An artillery shell fires at a speed of 1600m/s but a beta can only fire on laser per 10-30 second.
>They have taken in 4 shells before they could fire again.

There are 1000 (probably 10 times that, but lets use this) laser classes. For every shell you fire, at worst 10 lasers will be fired to take it down. You now need to get at least 101 shells on target within 10 seconds to get anything through. After those 10 seconds they can fire again and the only one losing is you who lost a lot of ordnance. If you take out these 1000, there are now another 10000 waiting, good luck.
>>
>>152997291
Or the BETA can tell if it's dead and fire at it. Given their origin it seems likely that they would cover such a big engineering flaw.
>>
>>152997197
>And, again, an artillery shell is almost completely impossible to stop because it is fast and small.

That's good, they can shoot it down with precision with limited wasted shots because the author said these aliens are capable of that and you can't say otherwise because they're fucking aliens. The moment your shot is within their firing profile they'll shoot and knock it down because that's the story, however impractical it may be.
>>
>>152997383
Oh also what other people said, they started fighting these aliens during WW2, at first the soviets didn't even tell anyone about them (IIRC)

Now it's modernish and they're being held off sorta, but most of eurasia is already feeding their war machine.
>>
>>152997383
I think the only way to use artillery was to fire shells that contain some metal parts that don't melt but scatter in the sky when being fired at, and after the first volley it would create a cloud to fuck up laser aiming and then the later shots could hit the ground. But then the tanks would bite into your ass from the other side.
>>
File: 1484592297357.png (147KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484592297357.png
147KB, 900x550px
>fucking aliens MERRIKA FUK YEAH no way they can shoot down all our ordnance with tens of thousands of super advanced lasers governed by a central brain we'll bomb them back the the stoneage yeehaaw
>FUCK YOU COMMIES OUR CARRIERS ARE INVINCIBLE BECAUSE WE HAVE A PAIR OF AA GUNS AND A FEW DESTROYERS AROUND THEM NOBODY COULD EVER GET THROUGH THAT KIND OF DEFENCE

Fucking Burgers.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Arc-02-268-269.png (1MB, 2450x1735px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Arc-02-268-269.png
1MB, 2450x1735px
>Getter Robo
They don't stand a chance
>>
>>152997479
nigga a US carrier battlegroup is more than "2 aa guns and a few destroyers" Yeah they're not invisible but they're as powerful as most people's navies.
>>
>>152991956
You realize these fuckers burrow underground and can make underground empires with pipelines directly to your base to fuck you while you're sleeping?

You have no air superiority underground while they can shoot all the shitting lasers they want.
>>
File: 1484928359595.jpg (38KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1484928359595.jpg
38KB, 680x383px
But can they defeat Oni-sama ?
>>
File: fugg.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
2MB, 1920x800px
>>152996670
Aww what an adorable- wait a minute.
Thing a more dangerous than most entire fictional species. BETA ain't got shit on that motherfucker.
>>
File: Solomon_Sprite1.png (762KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Solomon_Sprite1.png
762KB, 1024x768px
>Fate Grand Order

Top kek. Really the BETA are a poor man's Velber which already got fend off 14000 years ago. Granted the Velber and its civilization are extremely broken, they have the ability to absorb any kind of attack or technique created by intelligent life (yes stuff like magic fireballs, any ridiculously broken reality rewriting hax and even modern artillery get absorbed into energy).

So Solomon incinerates them.
>>
Nanoha has spacecraft, FTL, some sort of molecular disintegrators on them, and the will to use them on inhabited planets. BETA don't stand a chance.
>>
File: russian artillery.gif (937KB, 600x231px) Image search: [Google]
russian artillery.gif
937KB, 600x231px
>>152997290
>>152997329
>>152997383
Precisely why I said arm the artillery with Napalm or chemical shit.
You can evenhave a nuke artillery with no problem

Hell, if you wanna go for something more cost effective, invest on mines
>>
File: 1341875572862.jpg (339KB, 860x616px) Image search: [Google]
1341875572862.jpg
339KB, 860x616px
>>152997733
They're immune to chemical weapons because space magic.
>>
>>152997733
The problem is, you have very limited resources, compared to your enemy. As we tried to explain to you, you are not prepared, you hold a tiny portion of the planet, and you have to be able to kill about 20 million betas every day just to not allow them to increase in numbers.
>>
>>152997769
Well, no one is immune to napalm tht can melt metal
>>
>>152997733
Humanity could win only if they unite and go all out from the very start.
Winning a battle is good and all but it doesn't really matter when the alien comes back the day after stronger than ever and you've run out of ammo, fuel and soldiers.
>>
>>152997809
The armored ones are, and the point is they have enough numbers to drain your ammo and kill you. I don't think you're getting the idea here.
>>
>>152997841
>>152997733
tl;dr the military might of a combined international effort in 2017 could stop the invasion from escalating, but the assumption is that the situation would be at least similar in some way, beta established and the capability of the universe being transposed in.

At least that's how I take it.
>>
>>152989917
Wait, what?
>>
>>152997808
>>152997841
It's just the same logic that zombie genre uses over and over again
The enemy has the numbers but you have the brains damn it. It took only one scientist to design the first nuke.

A 1% Earth's army can take down the BETA using the combined commonsense of minefields, guerilla warfare, scorched Earth tactics, tunnelling, formation, range superiority, armor superiority, technological superiority, and of course, the abilitry to improve your weapons. It takes the /beta years to create the first ranged units but it took humans just 1 year to go from rifles to machine gun+chemical warfare
>>
>>152998012
>It took only one scientist to design the first nuke.
American education right there. I bet you even thought it was Einstein.
>>
>>152998056
You get the point
>>
File: 5a2c6e30.gif (38KB, 768x450px) Image search: [Google]
5a2c6e30.gif
38KB, 768x450px
See these dots?

They're all hives. Underground fortresses full of an undetermined number (zillions) of beta each. And they're increasing every day. Each one has zillions of laser class.
How many nukes does the combined planet have?
One laser class can shoot down at least one nuke. I'm betting there are more laser class than nukes.

Oh, by the way are you sure you're going to survive after detonating that many fucking nukes in your atmosphere? I sure hope you invented radiation-less nukes or someshit.

Napalm? How much ground piercing power does that have? Apparently not enough to kill those pesky vietnamese villagers hidden in their makeshift shallow ground holes, right? Well, these beta dig ant colony tier holes, except on a scale where each ant is dozens of meters tall.

And these hives were launched from another planet somewhere else in space already harvested for all the damn vespene gas it had. No, you didn't know these were fucking space monsters, just giant seeder pods.
>>
>>152998056
I thought it was Doctor Manhattan.
>>
>>152998110
To be fair if you started following actual physics and stopped letting the BETA basically cheat we would stand a better chance.

>>152998124
No no, he is the nuke.
>>
>>152998071
No, I don't get why you still argue about this. It's not your hypotethical situation, the story was written in a certain way. Humanity didn't know they have to unite against a haxxor alien race, nor they have to fight certain ways to counter the enemy tactics. The beta took over the planet, and then it's pretty much WW2 where you are the germans. Why didn't Hitler win the war with his superior tech? The enemy had shitty tanks and planes and untrained personnel.
>>
File: 1466100725642.gif (3MB, 370x184px) Image search: [Google]
1466100725642.gif
3MB, 370x184px
>>152998110
>>152998124
>>
>>152998149
Of course you can't apply actual physics in this context, you have to go by the rules of the fictionnal universe.
>>
>>152998172
Because he didn't listen to his generals who had the ability sensibly slamdunk everyone with his superior tech and instead kept starting shit with other nations?

I'm joining your analogy here, by the way.
>>
>>152989731

Is there a Stand that could fight the BETA
>>
>>152998268
You do realise german technology was nothing special, just over engineered right? They literally stopped teaching many key areas of science years before the war, they had maybe 2 people in the whole of germany who understood Einstien.
>>
>>152998012
BETA are being backed up by space wizards who can forcibly evolve them if humanity starts to get the upper hand.
>>
>>152998268
Yes, the people in ML made a shitton of retarded decisions, like they still fight among themselves for stupid shit and halt weapon research, while they are on the brink of extinction. And even then the lack of personnel and time and resources is still there.
>>
>>152989731
>definitely with Iserlohn
Nigger what, even Iserlohn would eventually be rekt by the BETA, it's a matter of time.
>>
The problem with BETA isn't their power, which is pretty severe. As powerful as they are they are fairly predictable in MLA. The issue is their numbers.

Imagine if every insect on earth was actually 30 meters tall and 20 meters wide. We'd all be dead.
>>
>>152998110
Also remember than nuking every hive will most likely make the Earth uninhabitable since you'd need a shitload and they're so spread out.
>>
>>152997922
>Sumika fucked a BETA with her clit dick. Did you skip one of the 2 h-scenes in Alternative?
>>
>>152998323

Might be retarded but it was realistic. The world uniting against a threat with peace like in Gunbuster is more unrealistic.

Read a newspaper or Trump's twitter if you don't think the real world is actually as retarded as the politics in MLA.
>>
>>152998348
Poor Sumika. That was some fucked up shit.
>>
File: 1425954308838.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1425954308838.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>152998110
Take them down one by one using tunnelling systems safe gaurded by machine gun emplacements that can be collapsed conventionally.
Exhaust the laser horde by launching hordes of balloons and let them fire their health away.
Invest on nuclear energy and dumb the nuclear wastes on them
Invest your technolgy on better mines and better rifles. If you cannot have the sky, then you will eat them from the ground

Goddamn, I am not even /k/ but this is just pathetic logic.
Instead of admitting that your BETAs are not OP, you faggots drove the goalpost in to a situational one
Do you even remember what is thew OP of the thread?
>>
>>152998375
Yeah, sadly we are retarded by nature. I believe there will be never an occasion of humanity uniting under a single flag to go into space like in various scifi franchises. We are forever stranded on this planet, and we are a failure as a race. There's a good book about this issue called Existenz by David Brin.
>>
>>152998172
>Why didn't Hitler win the war with his superior tech?
Because he kept his panzer tanks away from Omaha Beach
Because he prevented the deployment of the first assualt rifles
Because his chain of command denied freedom of action for his officers and wanted full control of everything
Because he ignored his generals and wasted his resources on Stalingrad despite knowing that it carry no strategic importance

Now, tell me how the UK, a small island once owned 80% ofd the world
>>
>>152998335
AND could constantly adapt to your countermeasures against them relatively quickly.
>>
Pretty much any "realistic" universe that relies on science/technology would be annihilated without mercy against the BETA. It would be smallpox versus the American indians but billions of times worse.

Among the worlds with magic, or super robots, only the top 1% in terms of broke/OP can overcome the numbers. Gurren-Lagann could do it, certain Getter series could do it. Dragonball Z could do it. One Piece would fail. Naruto would fail. Boku no Hero Academia would fail.

One Punch Man would fail. In Saitama's dream, the Underground People killed 70% of the population while he slept. The real BETA are much worse. Saitama survives but humanity dies.
>>
>>152998388
You and that other guy are the ones that didn't read OP.
>they've decided to fuck up the fictional universes of the anime you've watched.
Current real world isn't a fictional universe. It shouldn't have been brought up in the discussion according to OP.
>>
>>152998388
>machine guns
What's that supposed to do, anon?
>>
>>152998474
You seriously think that BETAs are comparable to a hundred foot tall dinosaur that Tatsumaki killed in one shot?
>>
File: eat_shit.png (202KB, 358x361px) Image search: [Google]
eat_shit.png
202KB, 358x361px
>>152998388
>Samus image
>don't if brilliant reference or supreme retarded crossboarder
Congratz anon, you win.
>>
>>152998461
>stalingrad
>no importance

It was literally the only chance Germany had to get a settlement from the USSR, the war had been lost long before that.
>>
>>152998531
In numbers they are incredibly worse than that.
>>
>>152998496
keyword there is "decided". They haven't done anything yet

>>152998524
Gee, I don't know. What can you do with armor piercing round in a narrow space where only soldier betas can crawl?
>>
>>152998388
>Take them down one by one using tunnelling systems safe gaurded by machine gun emplacements that can be collapsed conventionally.
How do you figure we'd tunnel like they do? It takes us weeks to just make a hole through a mountain using very large, slow, and cumbersome machines. How would you defend against them with machineguns? You're in a relatively tiny tunnel underground, they're going to dig into your tunnel from any direction. You won't do anything but die very quickly.

>Exhaust the laser horde by launching hordes of balloons and let them fire their health away.
Each laser can take down 1 balloon or more every 10 seconds. Are you going to launch hundreds of thousands of balloons? How do you transport and fill all of those? They can't just be party balloons either or the BETA won't give two shits about them.

>Invest on nuclear energy and dumb the nuclear wastes on them
They don't care, radiation will sooner be an issue for humans than for the BETA.

>Invest your technolgy on better mines and better rifles. If you cannot have the sky, then you will eat them from the ground
Good luck producing enough mines to even dent their numbers. Better rifles? At best you'd manage to hurt tank classes with them, but that will mean larger calibre and less ammo so you'll be overrun with numbers anyway.
>>
>>152998569
>What can you do with armor piercing round in a narrow space where only soldier betas can crawl?
>thinking you'd have the upper hand underground

They'd be the ones digging into your tunnel from whatever direction they wish.
>>
>>152998569
>narrow space
Lol.
>armor piercing
Lolol.

Also, the whole argument is not about the OP but why the people in ML couldn't wipe out the beta overnight. We already agreed that with our current modern weaponry we could stop the invasion at it's very initial step if we knew what we deal with.
>>
File: 1445547252303.jpg (75KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1445547252303.jpg
75KB, 630x630px
>>152998580
Just capture laser class by giant bear traps and use them to tunnel better than the beta.
>>
File: sizzler.png (1MB, 1410x714px) Image search: [Google]
sizzler.png
1MB, 1410x714px
ALIEN FUCKING SHITS GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE MILKY WAY
>>
File: apUQte.gif (437KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
apUQte.gif
437KB, 320x180px
>>152998569
Interesting. You're going to challenge a literal horde of hole diggers to a hole digging match?
>>
File: Cream.png (692KB, 612x506px) Image search: [Google]
Cream.png
692KB, 612x506px
>>152998274
i guess the laser class could kill him when he peeks out to readjust
>>
>>152998531

I don't think AgK could do it just based on the numbers involved. A billion BETA died during the evaporation of the Sadogashima Hive, and Sadogashima is a TINY FUCKING ISLAND.

The numbers on Earth are insane, and that's even ignoring the true terror of how many BETA There are in the universe.
>>
>>152998474
>One Punch Man would fail. In Saitama's dream, the Underground People killed 70% of the population while he slept. The real BETA are much worse. Saitama survives but humanity dies.

Nigga that was a dream, a dream where he was clearly WAY weaker than in reality thus why it was his dream, he could have a real fight.
>>
File: 1418612394300.jpg (16KB, 296x177px) Image search: [Google]
1418612394300.jpg
16KB, 296x177px
>>152998580
>>152998600
>>152998601
First off: no, it took only 6 years to build the 26 mile Channel Tunnel. Add military fundings ands youll get it done in half the time at 4 times efficiency

Second: digging tunnels causes noise. A noise that only humans can take advantage off using radar to predict where they are coming and conquer their own bases usng their own systems

Third hot air baloons

Fourth: Anti tank mines can wipe out an entire platoon. You can guess what controlled detonation can do
>>
>Berserk
Everyone is fucked except maybe the godhand and SK

>Index
Academy City should be fine, Alestier probably has some way to get rid of all of them
>>
>>152998741
You have to stop acting like casualties matter to them, they don't, you need to launch attacks, successful attacks to do anything.
>>
>>152998741
Are you aware that the laser class is basically to make the tunneling faster? Or that all the beta are mining machines? You don't want to go underground against them.
>>
>>152998763
Take their hives out and its game over. Thts a one giant weakness right there
>>
>>152998742
>Index
Magic Gods would warp reality and make the BETA never existed to begin with.
>>
>>152998791
How do you do that, the hives can withstand nuclear blasts.
>>
>>152998742

The problem with Academy City is the BETA as shown in Muv-Luv are actually not designed for warfare. The BETA had no concept of warfare before learning about it from humans. It's like how the Ultimate Ones in Notes don't know they're supposed to die after taking a certain amount of damage because death isn't common sense among the planets.

If Aleister doesn't stop the invasion right at the onset, and the BETA infest the planet, he'll lose in the end as they'll eventually adapt to his methods.j
>>
>>152998741
>26 miles
>years
You realize how fast beta dig?
>>
File: 1420543340574.jpg (9KB, 210x187px) Image search: [Google]
1420543340574.jpg
9KB, 210x187px
>>152998786
>>152998854
Nope and I never watched this shit but I am well aware of mankind technological advantage and something so simple as lasers is nothing compared to radar and sonar tech.
Especially when you can just invade them by their own tunnels
>>
>>152998868
>I don't know shit but I still argue while I'm completely fucking wrong lolololoooo XD
I don't even like the franchise because it's retarded as fuck and forced drama, but at least I know what I'm into.
>>
>>152998741
1. 3 years to make a 26 mile tunnel will still probably be too slow. Hard to compete with millions of purpose built mining insects.

2. Pretty sure that the BETA can detect seismic noises.

3. Balloons probably are more trouble than they're worth, as at the end of the day they're just going to be decoys. There's not much you can do against magic bullshit lasers.

4. That's only on a defensive front and the BETA do not lack numbers.
>>
>>152998791
>Annihilate them and you win.
>That's one giant weakness you have there.
>>
File: 1426465617222.jpg (37KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1426465617222.jpg
37KB, 429x410px
>>152998889
Well, is there any ppart where I am wrong?

OP pic already posted the enemies. I just presentyed what we have in the armory and why they would not work out as invaders. Simple as that
>>
>>152998962
>I don't know anything about the setting, source material, or have any information on the subject matter
>I'm right hurr durr
>>
>>152998868
Seriously stop arguing if you don't know what you're talking about.
You also seem to be vastly overestimating humanity. We may have good weaponry but we also have very limited ressource and all of this wraponry is operated by more or less retarded humans.

>>152998962
>fictional universe
Your very first post was a actually off-topic.
>>
>>152998868
>something so simple as lasers
anon to be able to use lasers is nothing more than a wet dream at the moment, it would be some really advanced technology.
>>
>>152998914
1. It's a 26 mile tunnel, underwater, using standard engineering, and standard fund. Military funds would gladly give you more people and more explosives

2. Sure and humans have that since long ago

3. They are just cloths in the sky. You can easily recycle them after they were pierced.

4. *not yet. I cannot begin to tell you how much anti-tank mines exists until they were banned
>>
File: 1336436668959.jpg (231KB, 1545x702px) Image search: [Google]
1336436668959.jpg
231KB, 1545x702px
>>152989731
Of all the fictional media boards, /a/ might just have the most sorry, unintimidating examples of invading alien races that there are.
>>
File: 1390184990797_zps6a26f972.png (954KB, 1024x586px) Image search: [Google]
1390184990797_zps6a26f972.png
954KB, 1024x586px
>Infiltrate their tunnels
They ARE the tunnels
>>
>>152999059
the ones in this pic would wipe nids the fuck out >>152998637
maybe you don't know much anime
>>
>>152989731
> Re:Zero - Not at all
The world is fucked but Reinhard and Stelly could kill Beta forever. Unless Pandora just says 'The BETA never arrived' in which case they're fine.
>>
>>152998994
>>152999003
You already gave me all the information I need. And that is the OP pic.
You can't make me dig more when you fags fell threatened by this hulking mass of shells. Let me guess, you also think that the humans on AoT are responding in a realistic manner?

>>152999039
Lasers are good only for anti-missile systems. Using them for other things are cost efficient
>>
File: 5b9nJ7Z.jpg (123KB, 1440x844px) Image search: [Google]
5b9nJ7Z.jpg
123KB, 1440x844px
>>152999121
>Cost Efficiency
>BETA caring
>>
>>152999117
I would say that the world is pretty much fucked, since Reinhardt can't be everywhere, and Satella is sealed and insane. Humanity would survive as a hidden enclave but the world would be overrun.
>>
>>152999059
They're all more or less the same shit anyway, GW copied Starship Troopers, Blizzard copied W40K, and Muv-Luv arrived at the end of the party so they had to make the most retarded designs to stand out.
>>
>>152999175
Pandora can just send them home, anything they managed to do no longer happened and they never even arrive.
>>
>>152999121
You have no concept for the sheer scale that this is.
>>
>>152998741
>only 6 years to build the 26 mile Channel Tunnel.
lmao

>>152998868
>something so simple as lasers is nothing compared to radar and sonar tech.
They can bring down B-2 bombers at hundreds of kilometres of distance while we struggle to melt a thin metal sheet with lasers at 1km. We'll have comparable tech to the BETA in a hundred years.

HFYfags are true cancer.
>>
One thing that I feel merits more attention yet has only been brought up a few times is their numbers.

People have a hard time comprehending just how absurd 10^37 is. Let's pretend for a second that the beta never recognize your in-universe force as a threat, and hence never evolve or use military units to assault it, and instead just bum-rush in with weaker types to die in a slaughter. Let's also pretend that they never reproduce. Maybe you kill a hundred every second, maybe 200, maybe 500. It doesn't matter.

Even if you could kill that many per second, every second, for the rest of your lives, it doesn't matter. Your planet will die first. Your sun will die first. Your entire glactic cluster will have reformed first. You'll be a significant portion of the way towards the heat death of the universe before you whittle them down.

10^37 is simply too strong to win against without a magic-tier setting.
>>
>>152999175
Actually do the BETA have a way to stop the ass rabbits? Really the only thing that could take out the world better than an nigh-infinitely respawning plague of crap is an actually infinitely respwaning plague of crap that needs no resources to do so.
>>
>>152999230
You can shot down a B-2 bomber using a single missile, dumbass
>>
>>152999121
>you also think that the humans on AoT are responding in a realistic manner?
Like I said, you're vastly overestimating humanity. New technology and weaponry don't pop up magically, skilled soldiers/engineers to operate it don't either.
Real warfare is a series of fuck up, and unless there is a vast technological or ressource difference then the winning side is the one that fucks up the less. We would be wiped out by the evolving hivemind giant killing machines that are the BETA.
>>
>>152999227
He simply lacks concept of warfare outside of videogames, hence why he doesn't even consider infrastructure, transport, supply, and production. Our military would simply be completely outmatched by the BETA due to their mobility and numbers, partially due to all of our weaponry being made to fight other humans and not BETA, partially because in any case we simply don't have the tech to deal with their sheer numbers unless we catch the infestation right at the start.
>>
>>152999291
How many missiles capable of shooting down a B-2 does the world have? The BETA has billions of lasers capable of doing so AND they recharge rather than explode, so those billions can fire again after a little over half a minute.
>>
File: 1395309926942.jpg (35KB, 194x545px) Image search: [Google]
1395309926942.jpg
35KB, 194x545px
Finally useful for something
>>
>>152999277
The problem with the ass rabbits is that while they can multiply infinitely, they are individually weak and self regulate their numbers by eating eachother. An ass rabbit at the end of the day is still just a powerful rabbit, which would be a threat to a person but less so to hulking monstrosities.

Also, the rabbits all move as a group and never spread out, so they are more of a localized hazard than a global one. The rabbits would win every confrontation on account of not being able to lose but they would never wipe the BETA out.
>>
>>152999270
I think the more feasible option would just be finding the creators of the BETA.
I mean, there's no way they didn't invent SOME countermeasure against their "robots", right? What if one of the species that the BETA ran into was just as advanced as them, and "reprogrammed" them, turning the invincible army against their creators?

Of course, even that would require space travel technology that humanity isn't even close to.
>>
Are the BETA capable of shooting down satelites? If not, then orbital bombardment would work. A large enough rock will have the power of many nuclear bombs with none of the fallout.
>>
File: 4e8.gif (2MB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
4e8.gif
2MB, 817x537px
>>152999303
Yes they do, anon. All that's needed is the demand and it shall be made.
The founding fathers wrote the right to bear arms with muskets i mind but 7 years later, guns that can carry multiple volleys were made
Tanks were once seen as inefficient
Machine guns were once fiction
15 years ago the internet was just a fad
You can tell the rest

>>152999313
lol
Your betas are just some glorified tanks minus the guns. How was this a threat?

>>152999373
They are made from factories around the globe. And not from a single targetable hive. That's a start
>>
>>152999121
There's a literal bazillion of beta in the universe, they completely outnumber even the ammo humanity has available and can resist most stuff short of cannon shells. They also learn and adapt really fucking fast which is why most tactics effective against beta only work once or twice before they develop counter measures. The laser classes can pierce literally anything short of an atmosphere re entry armor and even then, they can pierce that in a few more seconds. Aircraft can't even get close to them before being shot down from 100km away.
>>
>>152999459
I'm sure they and their planet is already dead. The G particle killed them.
>>
>>152999495
>They are made from factories around the globe
Cute. BETA are made in hives across the universe.
>>
>>152999526
That they have no access nor connection to
lmao
>>
>>152999495
>They are made from factories around the globe.
Hohoho. You already lost 90% of the earth, where are those factories?
>>
>>152999536
BETA can travel through space.
>>
>>152999536
Actually, mars is full of stage 6 hives. Stage 6 hives are 4000 meters deep and launch hive seeds at earth.
>>
>>152999554
The UK makes up less than 2% of the world but it was the factory of the world once. if that is what you wanted to hear
>>
>>152999495
>Yes they do, anon. All that's needed is the demand and it shall be made.
You know nothing about science and engineering.
You're the kind of person that thinks microwave was invented because one day a guy poped-up at a meeting and said "Hey, scientists, I want a box that can heats my meals very fast, now go to work!".
>>
>>152991975
Eva are 60m tall
>>
>>152999495
>Your betas are just some glorified tanks minus the guns. How was this a threat?
Because we would not be able to supply our armies with enough ordnance to kill them. After a month we'd exhaust our stocks and we'd be fucked.

Where do you even find the materials for such a massive production of ordnance? Oh look, now you suddenly have to defend entire continents from these tunnelling fuckers which you can't do. They simply outmatch us in logistics so badly we'd never stand a chance.

>>152999495
>They are made from factories around the globe. And not from a single targetable hive. That's a start
Good luck destroying the hive, maybe if you pool together every single military on earth you can take on a medium sized one.
>>
>>152999594
>factory of
How many humans actually? Remember the beta on earth outnumber our current population by thousandfold and you already lost 95% of your current human population.
>>
>>152999626
The size of an Eva is higly inconsistent throughout the anime. They don't really have any canonical height.
>>
>>152999492
They use multiple g bombs which are stronger than nukes and still don't manage to wipe all of them since their colonies work well as bunkers. They also fuck up the entire world by doing so.
>>
>>152999180
True enough. But Tyranids are the most damn fun of everything you mentioned and don't look completely retarded outside of 1st/2nd ed.
In terms of actually legitimately threatening aliens, the most terrifying example in this thread is probably the thing, a single cell of which could wipe out most other fictional aliens races with little to no hope of defense.
>>
>>152999571
>>152999578
Call me when they can send reinforcements at a coordinated manner
>>
Could the BETA defeat the Flood? Like how powerful are these fucking things meant to be?
>>
File: 11-1c742c889a.jpg (106KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
11-1c742c889a.jpg
106KB, 1300x900px
>>152997197
>an artillery shell is almost completely impossible to stop because it is fast and small

fucking real life modern equipment can shoot down an artillery shell.
magical alien shit would have no problem with it.
>>
>>152999495
The beta create multiple hives on landing and have billions more scattered across the universe. A bunch of them in our moon too.
>>
Galactic Alliance from Suisei no Gargantia
>>
File: 1383441649670.jpg (142KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
1383441649670.jpg
142KB, 1000x815px
>>152999665
This is canon for rebuild, I think.
>>
>>152999694
They can, they are a hivemind.
>>
File: arai.png (677KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
arai.png
677KB, 1024x600px
>humanfag thinks he stands a chance
>>
>>152999598
No, it is you who know nothing about finances and governing.
]I bet you also think that a 100% energy efficient engine does not exist because they are not in the market, eh?

>>152999629
LOL
In terms of nuke alone, the USA alone has enough nukes to cover the entire Chinese territory. And tht is not including the radiation and heatwaves.
And that is for controlled production

Do you really want me to get started on how much weapons you can muster in just 10% of the Earth using modern tech?

Enough to conquer 3 Earths
>>
>>152999709
Which flood? The one in the recent time, or the one with the Domain intact, and had access to precursor artifacts? The former might be, the latter can wipe the floor with the entire W40K universe, so take your pick.
>>
>>152999709
GameFlood would be interesting, BookFlood would be a complete one-sided massacre.
>>
File: all others are 2nd best.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
all others are 2nd best.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>152989731
They stand literally zero chance of winning
>>
>>152999709
The flood from the bible? They don't even breathe. They aren't living beings, just bio engineered killing machines.
>>
>>152999746
A hivemind that does not know anything else than zombie horde tactics?
lol
>>
>>152999819
>In terms of nuke alone, the USA alone has enough nukes to cover the entire Chinese territory. And tht is not including the radiation and heatwaves.
I hope you don't think the majority of nukes will have much of an effect on a hive. Hives are MASSIVE underground structures and anything but the largest nukes wouldn't really do great damage to even medium sized hives. Nukes are really bad at destroying underground stuff, relatively speaking.

>Do you really want me to get started on how much weapons you can muster in just 10% of the Earth using modern tech?

Not even close to enough, you really should read up on how much ordnance we stock. It really isn't anywhere near as much as you think.

>I bet you also think that a 100% energy efficient engine does not exist because they are not in the market, eh?
Oh so you're more retarded than I thought then.
>>
>>152999887
Nah, he's talking space parasites from a video game.
>>
File: One reason muv luv is shit.png (53KB, 879x499px) Image search: [Google]
One reason muv luv is shit.png
53KB, 879x499px
>>152999270
Maybe the writer just wanted to have a big number to emphasize that there are a shit ton of BETA?
>>
>>152999713
No you can't fuckwit
You can shoot down missiles because they emit radio signals but dumb rounds are invisible on radar for a reason
>>
>>152999823
Give the Flood a single keymind and a couple billion other units or so.

Can they defeat a relatively early stage Flood? (iirc Keymind is just a fully infected Planet, but I could be wrong)

I know they don't have a hope in hell against the ancient Flood because Star Roads are OP
>>
>>152999904
But that's wrong, they do use and learn different tactics, it's just they don't need them. Everytime a new tactic against them was developed it only proves effective the first couple of times. And if one hive learns to defend against a certain tactic, the other hives do so too rendering that tactic useless across the globe.
>>
File: is-dis-nigga-serious-0533fb.jpg (71KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
is-dis-nigga-serious-0533fb.jpg
71KB, 600x337px
>>152999938
>You can shoot down missiles because they emit radio signals
>>
>>152999819
>>152999922
Ya'll have some major misconceptions of nuclear weapons.

The overwhelming majority are 0.1 to 0.25 megatons, this is because weapons lose a LOT of efficiency as you scale them up, and even with the US arsenal, no there is not enough to blanket the whole of fucking China. You need several per target you want to hit just to make sure it actually goes down.
>>
>>152999904
Read the VN.
>>
>>153000011
A keymind is an entire planet turned into a specialized planet sized brain to think up better strategies in accelerated time. I think the beta has only brute strength, and the question is can they adapt to not be infected by early flood. Basically flood is not so bad until it reaches a certain point. Also the flood knows how to fight while the beta is just a bunch of tools. It would be interesting.
>>
File: 18lpy2lj7nfo8jpg.jpg (97KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
18lpy2lj7nfo8jpg.jpg
97KB, 800x635px
>>152999922
I dont give ashit about Hives. I was giving you an idea of who you are dealing with here.
Nukes CAN take down entire mountains.
Here's a mile deep crater formed from a nuke blast. And it was not designed for that

Te USA is not even 10% of the Earth but it already has enough resources to create 5000 nuke warheads and infite ordnance. Come on, speak how BETAs can be a threat

>>153000037
Yes, anon. You can even jam a missile signal to prevent it from hitting anything
>>
>>152999449
>they are individually weak and self regulate their numbers by eating eachother.
Only if they don't have food. The BETA are like a carpet of food leading all the way back to their hive. The more they attempt the stop the rabbits, the more they feed the rabbits and the more the rabbits know where to go for more food.

Also even just being a local threat would be sufficient. Because of the Gospels, every Archbishop would know the BETA were coming and where, and could nip the problem in the bud nigh instantly, even Regulus alone could probably handle that since he's invincible anyway.
>>
>>153000138
>5000 nuke warheads
Aren't there more hives on earth? They can just shoot some more if they need from the nearby planets.
>>
>>152999904
A major plot point is that BETA don't recognize carbon based lifeforms as actually alive. To them, we're just unusual moving pieces of landscape. They don't actually see us as a threat, because they don't realize we're actually fighting back.

Later on they finally wise up and start to deploy combat-specialized units and shit gets real and then it goes into quasi-magical quantum bullshit and alternate realities and that's as far as I've gotten.
>>
>>152995953
>TSFs have 120mm cannons,
With low impulse and velocity so that TSF can use them.

>and onboard nuclear reactors too
What. Are you talking about the S-11 SD bombs? Those are non nuclear and ment to clear away BETA that are close in hive infiltrations etc but they give you a big bang for it's size.

>Nukes were extensively used against the BETA by the Soviets
As scorched earth weapons. Not as direct tactical weapons like the should be. Radiation does minimal damage against the BETA.
>and used again in TDA
And it was 25 kiloton and worked perfectly, wiping 70% of the BETA that were on the surface with instant drop of laser class firing. Yet they needed 2 to take out the hive top structure it was used against.
>to say nothing of shit like G-Bombs.
The bomb that pretty much destroy everything it reached even to maximum range with no power loss? It worked perfectly. It just that dropping G-Bombs at all hives at the same time is not a good idea and 100% destruction of all hives was not done. Maybe 60-80% which is pretty good but not good enough for the human high command who might be under water or lacking air at the moment.

>The main advantage a typical Gundam series has is that they can actually into space and would be able to intercept the BETA pods before they landed.
And them being pure walking bullshit which is pretty good to counter bullshit enemy. The power of even 100mm autocanons are fucking Super B compared to what exist in our world.
>>
>>153000225
You need to finish reading it, at the end they finaly understand we're alive and they are like "lol k, so what"
>>
>>153000138
That crater is from an underground nuclear detonation which is why the crater is so huge. Not only do nuclear bombs airburst and do very little damage in terms of crater, but the one you posted is not a mile deep you autistic fuck, it's 100m deep, that's 1/16th of a mile.

>infite ordnance.

Yeah ok you're retarded. For example the US has about 3500 Tomahawk missiles, not enough to even begin to dent the BETA of a small hive.
>>
File: RadarFig.jpg (185KB, 1529x1280px) Image search: [Google]
RadarFig.jpg
185KB, 1529x1280px
>>152999938
>You can shoot down missiles because they emit radio signals but dumb rounds are invisible on radar for a reason
>implying radar works by detecting radiated radio waves
radar has never worked like this. they're not fucking eyeballs that see radio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter_Rocket,_Artillery,_and_Mortar

>>153000138
>You can even jam a missile signal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_counter-countermeasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwDfaY4OW4
>>
>>152999819
I bet you think the "War bring technological advancement" saying is also true. War allows for the fast development of new weaponry and other shit directly useful for warfare, but the real scientific breakthroughs that are necessary for technological innovation happen during times of peace.
Development of nuclear weapons during WW2 was made possible by the scientific discoveries made during the golden age of particle physics in the 1920, when Germany was at peace. Actual science was in a slump during the war because scientists were too busy getting killed or working as engineers to build bigger bombs.

>I bet you also think that a 100% energy efficient engine does not exist because they are not in the market, eh?
It doesn't exist because it's physically impossible you fucking retard. I'm done with you.
>>
>>153000407
No they don't, Takeru never manages to prove that humans are sentient beings to the Superior before Meiya appears and the connection is cut.
>>
Bydo > Space Monsters (Gunbuster) > Gnosis (Xenosaga) > Tyranids > BETA
>>
>>153000578
Meiya ruined everything
>>
>>153000659
She unironically did, but she also had no way of knowing so whatever.
>>
>>153000645
Two Im curious about

Flood Halo2-3

Darkers Phantasy Star Online 2
>>
File: tsar bomba ground zero.jpg (22KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
tsar bomba ground zero.jpg
22KB, 320x278px
>>153000424
Oh yeah, my bad. Here's the Tsar Bomba ground zero. You can guess how deep it is

Yeah sure and the USA has stockpilled a combined 31,255 warheads since 1967 alone.

And that is not including the artillery shells we have installed.
Do you really think you can challenge that?
>>
>>153000718
>Tsar Bomba
>says Castle Bravo right there

Stop making a fool of yourself. Also you can just google it, it's 76m deep, not very considering it was a 15Mt bomb.
>>
>>153000718
>Do you really think you can challenge that?
Fucking lol, why are you doing this? Well, there's some good discussion that's going on so respect.

>>153000706
>>153000706
>Flood Halo2-3
Lower than beta imo, unless you give them a hundred thousand years.
>>
>>152998845
Index has a lot more than just AC. Even Terra would be enough to handle then entire swarm on a universal scale. And because of their nature, they become literal toys to magicians like St. Germaine.
>>
>>153000718
With my infinte amount of aliens, yea I think I can challenge that. 30 thousand munitions ain't shit.

Imagine a small paperclip. Now divide all the mass in the entire solar system into small paperclips. The BETA outnumber that by orders of magnitude.
>>
>>153000706
Darker's are magical time space bending amalgamation of all the universe's evil that whose only weakness is Photon's so id put them between Space Monsters and Gnosis
>>
>>153000993
That would mean the total mass of beta is bigger than the mass of the universe.
Dark matter is beta?
>>
>>153001021
It all suddenly makes sense yet at the same time it doesn't
>>
>>153000828
Fuck me. I just googled "Tsar Bomba ground zero" and got that. I never double checked the source

Oh well.
>>
>>153001021
Assuming there are 10^35 BETA and they weigh on average 500kg that's 5*10^37kg while the total mass of the observable universe is 6*10^52kg. Not even close.
>>
>>152999929
It's just another case of a SF writer knowing shit about science and having no sense of scale.
If you're looking for exceptions there's always Larry Niven and Isaac Asimov.
>>
Jesus christ how can you people be so uneducated about the threat capabilities and our own capabilties against said threat.

Why the hell would you respond to a poster that know nothing about the threat and at the same time claim to know nothing about the force opposing the threat. You lads are on purpose taking a bait.
>>
>>153001104
But if you say that a paperclip is about a hundreth of a kilo then you have 6*10^54 paperclips and the number of betas are certainly less than that.
>>
>>153001043
You are one dumb motherfucker

>>>/pol/
>>>/v/
>>>/b/
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>153001163
Solar system.
>>
>>153001161
True but it amuses me and I have nothing better to do.
>>
>>153001163
I'm not that guy, but a small paper clip masses about a gram. The solar system masses on the order to 10^30kg, or 10^33 grams. There are 10^37 BETA.
>>
>>153001264
>>153001207
Excuse me. I guess I misread that.
>>
>>152994959
>What's that? Laser-class? Pff let me just pop my I-field.
Yep, fuck Minovsky particles.
>>
>>153001622
>BETA magically evolve Minovsky particle piercing lasers
How fucked is the Gundamverse?
>>
>>153001716
It's okay, UC still has Newtypes and Psycho fields to push UNDERSTANDING on the Superior BETA. Just gotta repeat the process on the Moon, Mars, and whatever other planet in the solar system they took over.
>>
>>153001716
Literally impossible. Basic wave physics my man.

Also they use anti-laser coatings in gundam anyway because they make extensive use of lasers for other things and probably weaponised use as well.

But really even with lasers UC gundam would be totally fine, the Zaku is faster and beefier than TSFs, and it's the fucking zaku. Beam weapons would mulch the shit out of BETA, they'd have no problem going on the offensive and launching them constantly.
>>
>Phantom World
>Maid Dragon

How would those two do?
>>
File: COMBINED ARMS.png (449KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
COMBINED ARMS.png
449KB, 1000x749px
>>153001716
Wont happen unless one of the superior think it is in war and have extensive information and experience.

The most important thing to note that the BETA never developed a new unit from 1967 to 1995. In 1995 they developed the soldier-class which is not designed for "war" so to speak.

It was only in the 21st century where a unit specifcally developed for war happend and that was due to a sudden massive "information download".
>>
>>152989731
> Sailor Moon: ???

let me go ahead and solve that one for you. Literally any of the Sailor Scouts could solo the whole muvluv universe.
>>
>>153001906
The superior would notice newtypes at least I think.

But I think when they just punch a hole in a hive with a mega particle cannon they'd probably notice.
>>
>>153001874
Tohru said she can destroy the whole world so pretty good
>>
>>153001716
Here's a question though. Would the BETA go "OH FUCKING SHIT" at Turn A and Turn X on account of the moonlight butterfly being a thing that would just fuck the shit out of their creators?
>>
File: 1427963676169.png (3MB, 2828x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427963676169.png
3MB, 2828x1000px
>>152989731
>ranged attacks
>endless numbers
>take massive amounts of damage
>hacked you communications on day 1
BETAs just lost.
>>
Just send Godzilla to fuck them up
>>
>>153002160
they can't defeat the cock though
>>
>>153001929
He didn't notice Russian espers which were basically just Newtypes. Hell they even went full Newtype ghosts in TE against the Laser Fort-Class.
>>
>Overman King Gainer
Only some of the mecha would even stand a chance.
>Gunbuster
The space monsters were basically deep space Beta, I think we're good.
>Symphogear
Considering all the crazy shit the heroes manage to pull off, there's a small chance of surviving.
>Witchblade
Maybe if they had enough mass produced cloneblades.

The BETA will fuck up any world without super robots, insanely high power levels, or bullshit reality warpers.
>>
>>153002256
>you will never get to see Muv Luv in SRW
>>
>>153002256
>Considering all the crazy shit the heroes manage to pull off, there's a small chance of surviving.
Chris took on a moon destroying beam and survived. Betas are going nowhere
>>
>>153001929
Notice, yes but would he even care since it is from a "non-sentient, non-lifeform carbon rock" and even have time to respond with a funhouse several years later?

The BETA need to land to even start being a problem. If the people in any gundam universe think it is just a dangerous rock then they get instantly destroyed in space.
>>
>Maid Dragon
RIP Betas.
>>
>>153002385
They'd probably even assume it's just Zeon again trying to crash something on Earth and pulverize it, especially now that Gryps II is operational.
>>
>>153002335
It's not a question of how strong the gears are, there are just too few of them.
If the BETA land on more than one continent, then they will be consuming and reproducing faster than they can be killed.
>>
>>153002432
Except for the one beta that transforms into a lolil and ends up living in Kobayashi's house.
>>
>>153002523
Final episode of S1 showed them cleaning up entire tokyo in less than 30 minutes. S3 made them uber powerful now
>>
>>152989731
Why not just put some armor on air units, since lasers have poor peneration capabilities and keep shooting with those autocannons?
>beta lazors go through planets
>>
>>153002254
IIRC the espers needed to get close to do any communicating, the point of newtypes is that they don't.

>>153002664
big heavy planes don't tend to get to be practical, every plane needing like 8 engines to get off the ground isn't really gonna help.
>>
Send in pathogens that eats up silicon.
>>
>>153002933
To where?
Only their creators are silicon-based. Those could be galaxies away and killing them might not even affect the BETA.
>>
>>153002664
Laser class was made to make tunnels more easily so yes, they go through planets.
>>
Why not just rain heavy metal slugs down on the planet?
Easy as hell to fabricate and launch, and theres nothing a beam could do that the atmosphere didn't already try.
If they are busy hiding in the hive then the surface is yours to blow the thing open.
>>
>>152989731
Anything with laser proof armor/shields or EMP could regain air superiority and eventually win.
>>
>>152996296
>a modern howitzer can fire from 500 km

Going to need a citation on that, modern artillery maximum effective firing range for the most common 155mm caliber is 50 km at best.
>>
>>153003494
I don't even know why I explain it, but beta laser is not a simple stream of same energy photons created by an electron replacement, they are bullshit lasers powered by literal bullshit magic particles. There is no shielding against it, maybe with the exception of gravity.
>>
Can servants kill BETAs?
>>
>>153003712
Only serious Gil.
>>
>>153003618
That's preteen play-pretend logic.
>nuh-uh my laser pierced your forcefield cuz it's a forcefield-proof laser!
How can anybody form a coherent defense against a writer making shit up?
>>
File: 1396030580124.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1396030580124.png
145KB, 702x397px
Why not just use plain mirrors against the lasers?
>>
>>152999059
Those are some tough words considering tyranids job to everything other than orks in 40k.
>>
>>153003712
>>153003757
>>
>>153002664
At the power of those lasers, any opposing material stop behaving like a linear surface and start exhibiting non-linear properties.

In other words, they go boom. Violently.

That's also why you can't use mirrors. At 6 MW, which is the output power of the laser class IIRC, mirrors explode.

Interestingly, this isn't very far from the power where air stops behaving linearly and start going boom along the path of the laser, which is a thing that can happen.
>>
>>153003339
Yes. Let's cover land with heavy metal particles. Forever contaminate fertile soil we use to grow food, water suplies we drink and air we breathe. I'm sure that dying horribly from a heavy metal poisoning is a dream come true for countless people.
>>
>>153003824
Metal rods don't instantly dissolve when they hit the ground, dumbass.
"heavy metal contamination" are particulates formed as a by-product of chemical processes.
>>
>>153003762
Uh, you know that we discuss a porn game made for horny teenage edgefags, right?
>>
>>153003766
High power lasers melt the silver / aluminum coating in a mirror
>>
>>153003618
beta lasers just get over basic defenses by having huge power ratings m8.
>>
>>153003890
Then why bother discussing the mechanics of a system even in universe when you are fighting meaningless ass-pulls with other ass-pulls?
>>
>>153003822
Yet they have anti-laser coating that stops that shit.
>>
>>153003712
>>153003757
You mean EXcalibur with it's special mode stronger than Ea that only shows it's true power against alien beings that threaten the planet and humanity. It destroyed the Velber which has the energy of a star/sun.
>>
>talking shit about laser-class without posting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy4YJJhldfM
I fucking hate you all.
>>
>>153003943
Yeah, why don't you go and do something productive, like getting a job or a girlfriend?
>>
>>152989731
What kind of bullshit magic do the laser fags use to detect their targets?
>>
>>152989731
>Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
it's fine
>>
>>153004028
Not as a an outright waste of time, dumbass. More than that, it's an exercise in futility.
>>
>>153003975
Well, internal canon is incoherent. Not my problem, I'm only bringing physics to the discussion.

Mirrors simple won't work, but a simple sandstorm will. No laser, no matter how powerful, will win against fog or sand. Kind of sad.
>>
>>153004138
BETA lasers are powerful enough to pierce through it most likely.
>>
File: typical neuroi fan.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
typical neuroi fan.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>153002198
That's why I prefer them over neuroi.
>>
>>153004197
The power output to pierce through 20 meters of heavy fog is absurdly high. You'd reach atmospheric auto-lensing far before you'd pierce through 20 meters of fog. Even worse for sandstorms.

High power lasers absolutely laugh at every target, but are absolutely useless in bad atmospheric condition.

I didn't read Muv-Luv, but as an author I'd played it straight. Make it that you can only attack on foggy or stormy days, or some shit like that. It's reasonable.
>>
>>153004197
BETA lasers are good enough to wipe out battleships and main battle tanks usually in the first hit that by default have more armor then any TSF or normal aerial vehicle have.

>>153004323
Fog or storm has never been mentioned to be a problem for BETA laser-class. But artillery rounds that when explodes spreads metal powder do pose a serious problem for BETA laser-class.
>>
>>153004323
They do something kind of like that to allow orbital divers to drop inside a hive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpb7K7r1rJI
They launch a bunch of shit so that the laser class will shoot at it and cloud the sky with metal to disperse the lasers at high altitude. It's not perfect and some still get through but it's the best they can do.
>>
>>152999578
How deep are hives on Earth?

Pretty sure that past a few 100 meters deep would cause problems for the human front
>>
>>153004323
Or just smoke a lot?
>>
File: 034.jpg (293KB, 1200x1706px) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
293KB, 1200x1706px
>>152999578
That only happend once which was intercepted by the SHADOW space system.

>>153004420
1/2
>>
>>153004420
The first hive that landed on Earth in China is a Stage 6 Hive, the only one on Earth and where the leader BETA of the Earth invasion force is located. Once that BETA was taken out the BETA on Earth stopped being able to communicate and come up with countermeasures.
>>
>>152989731
>Gintama
This beta shits does not stand a chance
>>
The real question is, how effective would 60s/70s tech be against them? Because most of the war was actually fought with that stuff, not 21st century shit.
>>
>>153004323
>>153004197
In fact, plasma self-focusing is the only way to hope to pierce through fog (and maybe sandstorm, I don't want to do the math). That occurs at TW of power minimum.

If the laser class can dish TW of laser power in each shot, well... That's an absurd lot of watts. Enough to transform the atmosphere into plasma in the path taken by the beam.
>>
File: 035.jpg (277KB, 1200x1706px) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
277KB, 1200x1706px
>>153004508
>>
what do BETA sustain themselves on?
>>
File: Alternative map 1.jpg (840KB, 2232x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Alternative map 1.jpg
840KB, 2232x1216px
>>153004561
2/2

Most hives on earth are small stage.

Only the Hive in kashgar is stage 6
>>
>>153004413
>>153004415
Seem reasonable. Though smoke (a lot of) like >>153004438 said should have worked just as well.

It isn't easy to produce that much smoke, so I can't tell if it would have been less or more cost effective than metallic clouds.
>>
>>153004607
Energy from reactors (which are also a type of living BETA) deep in the hives.
It's not like they have a long lifespan anyway, so sustainment is not much of an issue. Mostly just used to recharge lazer classes.
>>
How tall is a hive?
>>
>>153004786
Smoke is just carbon and oxygen.
Not as easy to get as metal, but a shitload easier to work with and deploy.
>>
>>152989731
>Digimon
Maybe not most of them, but the higher-tier Digimon like the Royal Knights, Zeed Millenniummon and other strong Ultimates would wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>153004865

>>153004561
>>153004508
>>
In 2 more years Age will celebrate their 20th anniversary. Alternative 2 will be announced next year, I can feel it in my bones.
>>
>>153004903
That was a joke anon.
>>
>>153004561
>>153004865
That stuff above ground is their shit right?
>>
>>153004865
Wew
I want to live in giant Meiya.
>>
>>153005098
It's a cannon.
>>
>>153004955
>The Day After abandoned
>Alt 2 is untranslated for 10 years
>>
>>153004607
Everything.
>>
>>153005162
You have 2 years to learn nip.
>>
File: 1438262295.jpg (104KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
1438262295.jpg
104KB, 640x900px
Full Eurofront game fucking when?
>>
>>153005186
Haven't learned it for stuff that's already out, not gonna learn it for some speculation.
>>
>>152992129
>I honestly can't think of many anime that would survive
Well, overpowered battle shounen:
Dragon Ball, One Punch Man etc.
Also, literal gods, like from meguca.
>>
>Sakamoto desu ga?

Sakamoto wins

>Jojo

Pocolocco wins 100%
>>
>>152997624
Thing is fucking horrifying.
>>
>>152997727
Also magic.
>>
>>152996703
Joke animu universes work by comedy rules.
Gabriel DropOut universe and Konosuba universe might prevail because of that.
>>
>>152998444
Hey, hey, don't loose hope:
Maybe scientist will one day create better humans.
Then all we have to do is sterilizing the rest, inclusing us, and our children-species can do the cool stuff.
>>
>>153006217
Also a bunch of mecha universes, like Gundam, Diebuster, Heroic Age. Probably a few mahou shoujo. The extraterrestrial civilization from Bokurano. The Gunnm universe maybe, if the superpowers stop fooling around in retarded tournaments and start building actual warmachines. Chise from Saikano.
>>
>gate
Maybe magic saves them?
>>
>>153002608
The BETA can manipulate the physical form of humans at will, so I bet it can create a shit load of loli dragons. Truly the master-race.
>>
>>152989731
>IBO
haha weak beams
>>
>>152989731
>BETA
>the literally embodiment of NUH UH I INSTANTLY COUNTER x DUE TO MY NEW y STRAIN OF BULLSHIT

Whats the point?
>>
>>153003879

Can you tell what heavy metal rodremain whole after impact from that high? All these heavy metal rods drop from orbit will shatter upon impact from kinetic energy and spread thier remains over large area and even high into air for winds to carry them over.

Besides again,laser class will shoot them when they notice them. Yes, they fire at orbital drops regularly in ML. That eh
Hy military have to first use heavy metal clouds as a cover.

Besides. Can you even imagine how hard will it be to transport so many heavy metal rods into orbit?
>>
>>152996991
MOST DANGEROUS
>>
File: 1380454451152.png (227KB, 502x354px) Image search: [Google]
1380454451152.png
227KB, 502x354px
>>
>>153006725
this. Muv-luv autists would never ever accept their precious BETAs to lose which is why their every response is "Nuh-uh we win cause numbers/adaptation/cause we say so.

It's like talking to a wall.
>>
>>153006725
as far as I can tell that's basically usual space bug tactic
it's probably just that due to the BETA's origin this particular aspect is overblown
>>
>>153007599
No it's just one retard arguing current Earth would win against the BETA despite having no knowledge of any of the two.
Nobody argued that OP battle shonen or super robot universe wouldn't win.
>>
File: 008.jpg (33KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
33KB, 600x335px
Festum fuck them.

Festum are Silicon Based so the BETA will already suffer a logic crisis of attacking them or not. Then you have to deal with the fact that Festum take ANY cognizant thought as an invitation to assimilate, so the Superior literally has to make sure the Festum never get a whiff of it or they'll fucking swarm it like flies on shit.

Ultimately they might just ignore each other if nothing triggers a Mir to go full DURKA DURKA JIHAD on another Mir or the BETA if the Superior tries to make contact.
>>
>>153007599
To be fair, a lot of that has to do with how stupidly unrealistic their power level is.

Trying to compare them with less bullshit universes is like going into a debate about which is the strongest gundam and then some retard brings up demonbane and mortarheads.
>>
Did anyone mention the alien species from Peter Watts' Blindsight? I personally find them far more interesting and terrifying than the BETA.

I wish more people with
STEM degrees would write science fiction.
>>
>>153008811
Having a STEM degree doesn't make you a good writer.

t. B.S. in Physics.
>>
>>153008880
True, but it's always nice to see a writer know what he's talking about. Watts is a biologist, so the concepts in his books are fairly grounded and not absolutely fucking absurd. Despite this, Blindsight is pretty damn unsettling and is a good argument for not contacting aliens.
>>
>>152995551
Lasers are nearly instant , missiles are much slower
>>
>>152998474
One ring laser killed goku, imagine thousands of them, plus the tank class and all the others swarming through cities and eating people alive . They'd put cell to shame
>>
Well seems that only relaible strategy against BETA is one from ML. Search and destroy Laser classes, regain air superiority and bomb them to kingdom come.

Now how to archive that with our modern millitary. Missilies and other long ranged ordance that hits from above are out. Sendin Infantrymen is suicide with miniscule chance of success.

Any ideas?
>>
>>153009928
Convince them to accept refugees.
>>
>>153009928
Build giant, highly mobile robots with 1 pilot each.
>>
>>152999879
Demonbane has an Aquarion Logos that can do all that +1
>>
File: 1406781375638.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406781375638.png
345KB, 727x720px
>>153009858
>muv luv retards actually believe this

goku blows up the planet gg no re please commit suduko with your replica katana
>>
>>153010243
>goku blows up the planet

Try the universe.
>>
>>153010664
>Try the universe
Try pressing the button in his pocket that summons somebody who can delete the multiverse
>>
>>152992552
>laz0r sword everything
gg
>>
How do BETA deal with sea warfare?
>>
>>153011802
They walk on the ocean floor or Lasers snipe the ships from the land.
>>
>>153009928
If a hive is already up you're fucked with modern military. You need to do what the US did when a hive seed landed on Canada, nuke them to hell before they can set it up, like right after they land.
>>
File: lbUbP2t.webm (543KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
lbUbP2t.webm
543KB, 720x404px
>>153011802
>walk on the ocean flooor
What
So long range torpedos aren't a option?
>>
>>153012395
Correct. That's how they got to Japan, they walked there.
>>
>Medaka Box

Can't Kumagawa just AF them?
>>
>>153012563
Yes, you need bullshit powers like that if you don't have super robots.
>>
I've only ever read a plot summary of it but Muv-Luv seems pretty odd. You have to wonder what the creators were thinking when they decided to combine a dating sim with dark sci-fi and then diverge the entire thing into multiple timelines or alternate realities. The BETA are pretty cool though, even though some of the stuff doesn't really make a lot of sense. I especially like the whole hive mechanic.
>>
>>153012840
It's a pretty simple progression actually.
Starts as a standart comedy harem in a normal setting.
Then it's a military training harem in a fucked up setting.
Then it's a full blown tragic military story in the same setting.
>>
>>153012840
It kind of all makes sense when rereading it, though it becomes less enjoyable since the shock value is a big factor in it.
>>
Can Fleet of Fog kill BETA?
>>
>>152989731
Man, love biopunk designs like these. Wish more sci-fi fiction would include more biotechnology than they same old sleek metallic stuff
>>
>>153012840
>they decided to combine a dating sim with dark sci-fi

To get to know the girls before so that the drama hits you harder.

Fucking MLA anime when. I hate all the spinoffs.
>>
>>153009928
>Missilies and other long ranged ordance that hits from above are out.
They really aren't. Terrain hugging missiles would take care of everything. Also
>>Fired lasers from their giant eyes, effective against targets of up to 10km high
>The interval between shots is 12 seconds
This is laughable. Auhors always try to create big numbers and frequently fail to realize their gigahuge numbers are't impressive at all.
>>
>>153013544
No I don't want it to ever happen, SM and TE are bad enough. I'd rather not see Alt get butchered.
>>
>>153003975
Isn't that basically just some sort of ablative armor? It's not some magic material that stops all lasers, it gets worn down very quickly upon being hit and just makes sure you survive a couple seconds of exposure.
>>
>>153013973
Yes, he's full of shit.
>>
Would it be possible to counter laser classes by holding a BETA in front of you as a shield?
>>
>>153013544
I feel that I didn't enjoy Muv-Luv as much as everyone else seems to have because I didn't really like any of the girls.
I did like Marimo but she got chomped early on so I was not as affected by all the deaths later.
I still enjoyed the unrelenting existential horror though.
>>
>>153014895
Yeah, but if it works too well then the BETA might adjust their tactics in 2 weeks to commit to friendly fire anyways.

All the BETA are dangerous and have no regard for their own lives though, so there's a lot of logistical problems with that.
>>
>>153014895
They specifically die three days after capture to stop that from happening. You would think three days is more than sufficient, but you can't win against author fiat
>>
So if they have orbital weapons and stuff. Why doesn't Muv Luv just Rods From God the laser class units or whatever whenever they need to go on the offensive. You ain't stopping a giant tungsten rod even with 10,000 lasers trying to blast it.
>>
>>153015722
But then they would actually win some battles. Instead they drop mecha and tonnes of decoys and smoke because that makes more sense somehow.
>>
>>153015722
They don't have orbital wepaons.
>>
>>152996296
>>a modern howitzer can fire from 500 km

No, just no. Ballistic artillery is usually only effective <50 km.

To fire a shell 500 km distance would entail it being fired at approximately Mach 5 neglecting drag losses. In practice those would be rather significant for such a projectile in the lower atmosphere.

That kind of range would in practice require propulsion in flight to accelerate after gaining altitude.
>>
File: 1450388111692.jpg (218KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1450388111692.jpg
218KB, 1920x800px
>>152999709
The entire BETA forces could be easily destroyed by a small fleet of battlecruiser/light destroyer, let alone the flood.
>but m-muh lazors!
"Orbital bombardment refers to the act of bombarding targets on a planetary surface from orbit."
>>
>>153015226
I'm trying to imagine what you're trying to propose here. Strapping a bunch of BETA to airplanes?
>>
>>153015722
Their orbitals weaponry are meant to stop Hive Seeds from landing on earth.
>>
>>153016914
So what's the problem of pointing them down every once in awhile?
>>
>>153017263
Probably not built for Orbit-to-Ground operations.

Or laser class can melt orbital ordnance, too.
>>
Could you use BETA corpses to reverse engineer their lasers?
>>
>>153017324
>melt rod from god
>you now have HEAT from god
>>
File: C3t0bCYUoAAJCw9.jpg (91KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
C3t0bCYUoAAJCw9.jpg
91KB, 640x495px
>>
File: Carnival.png (402KB, 1046x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Carnival.png
402KB, 1046x1518px
>>152989731
Great, now I want to see those poor BETA bastards jerk humanity around until they unexpectedly piss off the Fog and get shown the error of their ways in a hail of lasers and graviton explosions.
>>
Can someone post the muvluv installation guide? I'm losing my job soon so I may as well try out the famed vn.
>>
File: YeRn8.jpg (664KB, 1458x2713px) Image search: [Google]
YeRn8.jpg
664KB, 1458x2713px
>>153019270
>>
File: 1).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1).png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>152989731

>Monogatari
Probably not but maybe, If they take out some immortal /x/ bullshittery.

>Welcome to the NHK
They're fucked.

>Re:Zero
Nah. Not at all.

>Jojo
Mostly fucked but maybe because of deus ex machinas.

>Boku no Hero
Probably (?)

>Drifters
THey probably are fucked.
>>
>>152989731
>BETA invasion
what about /r9k/?
>>
So how dos muv luv ends? Is humanity destroyed or save by some ridiculous ass pull?
>>
File: 1473993323533.jpg (39KB, 306x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473993323533.jpg
39KB, 306x270px
>>153019357
Thanks friendo
>>
>>152999709
The Flood would wipe the floor with the BETA
>>
>>153019441
In one timeline yes and in another yes to the second one as well
>>
File: TACHIAGARE.jpg (213KB, 1040x658px) Image search: [Google]
TACHIAGARE.jpg
213KB, 1040x658px
>>153019441
No, it's pretty well tied together actually.

Big spoilers
They manage to take out the central hive on Earth, which holds a Superior Being that basically manages communication between all hives on the planet.
So with this, they actually have a chance to get the isolated hives little by little, since now they won't all instantly adapt to new tactics.
Of course, there's still bigger hives on Mars, the moon, and the rest of the universe, but they estimate they've gained at least 30 years for humanity. Protagonist then goes back to his original, peaceful universe, since he's accomplished and suffered more than enough.
>>
>>152996890
>A single shell can create a 50 meter crater
Are you retarded? Schwerer Gustav, the largest artillery piece ever fielded could make a 9 meter crater with a 700kg payload.
>>
>>152989731
Im not invading anything.
>>
>>153021964
We're talking about BETAs not OMEGAs.
>>
>>153016700
fuckin retard
>>
>Cross Ange

Not even Nana can will this one.
I'd like to see Embryo ride in on a Fort-class, though.
>>
>>152994216
Iirc, the BETA are really glorified automated mining equipment. They aren't meant to fight enemies, they just see humanity as another source of raw materials, not a threat.
>>
I wonder how many BETA Chamber could SENMETSU before being destroyed.
>>
>>153024114
Are you sure? Embryo waged war on the entire world and completely destroyed it with 5 of those machines.
>>
>>153002664
>beta lazors go through planets
That's actually what they're meant to do. They're miners.
>>
Gundam UC could indefinitely hold off the BETA. You cannot even debate this so don't try it.
>>
File: Kennel-Thing_Profile_1.jpg (265KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kennel-Thing_Profile_1.jpg
265KB, 800x800px
>>153006328
Do not say mean things about this omnicidal pupper.
>>
>>152999879
it's literally just demonbane
>>
>>152989731
rezero the best
>>
Is the Muv Luv actually worth watching? Heard mixed things.
>>
>>153028844
>watching
No. >>153019357
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.