[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are cartoons made in Japan so much better then ones made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 532
Thread images: 66

File: aoichan.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
aoichan.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Why are cartoons made in Japan so much better then ones made in America? The direction and scripts just seem way more solid in my opinion.
>>
>>141268616
Because only animated movies are taken seriously in America, TV animation has been considered garbage for children for decades.
>>
Different audiences, cartoons are not perceived as a "serious" medium in America typically, though there are some standout pieces.
>>141268753
Like that, ninja'd me
>>
Bro, have you seen Spongebob? Shit's genius sometimes.
>>
Because the west thinks cartoons are for children and don't take it seriously
>>
More autists who have trouble recognizing more subtle expressions and body language in live action shows so there's a bigger audience for animated TV shows in Japan.

More audience -> more shows produced -> more experience -> better results
>>
File: 1450801197470.jpg (50KB, 310x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450801197470.jpg
50KB, 310x700px
>>141268753
Hey now we had some good TV animation the last couple of years.
>>
Because it's not stained by western morals......yet.
>>
>>141271346
Early Spongebob, sure.
>>
>>141268811
>ninja'd
Man, I haven't heard that in a long time.
>>
Some of the batman movies are pretty good.
>>
>>141268616
Confirmation bias. Lots of shitty anime too.
>>
>>141272092
Please tell me about all the great TV cartoons being made in America recently.
>>
American animation is

1) Nearly always geared towards children
2) In the rare case that it is meant for adults it is almost always intended for comedy
3) Quality of animation is not a factor in how animations are judged

There are extremely rare exceptions to the above, however.
>>
>>141272174
Please tell me about the 50 shows that America produces every season.
>>
>>141272174
Gravity Falls was pretty good.
>>
>>141272334
Wikipedia lists about forty new animated TV series for the US (including joint international productions) in 2016 so far. That's not as much as anime, but it's not tiny, either. Which are the good ones?
>>
>>141272673
I guess I was wrong about their output.
But I never bothered watching any of them.
>>
>>141271771
>Macfarlane shit

You've successfully triggered me.
>>
>>141268616
Because American cartoons are made by Jews to push communism and lgbt faggotry. The Jews fear the samurai.
>>
>>141272726
Not him, but that image at least made me laugh.

But in all seriousness, anything anyone could post would probably be flamed, anyway.
>>
Most anime is garbage though.
>>
>>141272982
And some of the garbage anime airing this season is still better than most of the cartoons airing now.
>>
>>141268616
because of the marketing department
>>
>>141268616
There are lots of reasons.

Americans tend to spend way too much money on production because animators in the US are overpaid and the process is not very efficient. Many Japanese studios are borderline sweatshops, and a lot of the big players like Toei just outsource everything now to actual sweatshops in South East Asia. Because of this western studios are a lot less inclined to take big risks because they might go bankrupt trying to do it.

There are also differences between how these industries typically generate profit. Anime usually relies upon merchandise sales whereas western television relies heavily upon ad revenue. You can sell massively overpriced merch to a handful of idiot otaku and make a profit even if your show pulls relatively few viewers. That kind of culture doesn't exist at all in the west: low views means low revenue, if you aren't as popular as, for example, Bob's Burgers, you are going to be airing the show at a loss. Bob's Burgers might actually be running at a loss right now, I think I've heard that somewhere. That sets a really high standard for animated content in the west, just look at the shit Futurama had to go through for straddling the line between profitable and unprofitable.

You also need to consider the fact that animation in the west is culturally associated with childishness, there's not a lot you can do to change that, but I think with the younger generations growing up with easy access to anime and adult-swim-esque content this cultural view might change over 20 or so years.
>>
Honestly cartoons just aren't as big a focus in America as they were 20 years ago. Sure you still have the big players like Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry (though their modern stuff will never hold a candle to the works of people like Chuck Jones etc.) but in the past five or so years the actual popularity of cartoons in the west has dwindled super hard. There are probably less than ten notable new IPs as it stands.

Sucks cause in the 90s and early 2000s there were a lot of cartoons that definitely knew how to experiment with and push what was expected of the medium (the use of colors, lighting and direction in shows like Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd n Eddy and Samurai Jack for example were pretty out there)
>>
You obviously have never watched Mr.Pickles
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fw_rSPaQQ

Actual professional pitch to Cartoon Network

I actually consider this single cartoon to be the prime example of literally everything wrong with modern western cartoons
>>
File: ac6.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ac6.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
>>141268616
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>141275737
It's like I've watched this a million times
>>
>>141275737
That's honestly the western equivalent to derivative moeshit, completely worthless.
>>
>>141271771
>>>/co/
>>
>>141275766
>I own several kimonos, which I wear around town
But yukatas are comfy as fuck though
>>
>>141268616
Let's not have this shitty thread again.
>>
File: 1453069745990.png (62KB, 270x232px) Image search: [Google]
1453069745990.png
62KB, 270x232px
1) Comparative advantage. USA has a well developed movie industry, so they're better off doing series than cartoons.

2) Barriers to entry. "anime-style" is already well accepted by the public, but non-japanese people adopting this style are often faced with prejudice. So non-japs trying to compete have to cope with the higher costs of developing some other drawing style that also appeals to the public (riskier) or deal with the prejudice of not being japanese enough
>>
RICK AND MORTY IS MORE ENTERTAINING THAN YOUR FAVORITE ANIME
>>
>>141279510
But you don't even know what my favorite anime is, anon-kun.
>>
>>141268616
The animation style is certainly ways above western standards, though the animation can be pretty solid in American cartoons too.
Also, I usually don't say this because it's the opposite of being /a/ related, but MLP is pretty damn solid, moreso than most never-ending anime series
>>
>>141279510
Shit and Morty is tumblr garbage.
>>
>>141268616
1st 3 seasons of Spongebob were the awesome.
>>
>>141279705
There're various examples of american cartoons with a decent fanbase. The main problem is that america lacks a standard for their cartoons, each author have to come up their own drawing style, which might or not be accepted by the public. So it's harder to enter in the industry as you'll have to deal with the risk of people simply not liking your drawing style.
On the other hand, japanese people can just use the standard in japanese animation and focus on other things.
>>
File: 1442833336146.jpg (93KB, 1062x718px) Image search: [Google]
1442833336146.jpg
93KB, 1062x718px
I liked Gravity Falls and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Star Wars Rebels ain't bad either.
I should check out if new Micky Mouse short episodes came out too.
Danger Mouse is awesome too, but that one's British.

In terms of production value and overall enjoyment, there's good stuff that Americans can do, just as there's good Japanese animation.
>>
>>141280504
I get that, but I don't think the writers have to stress too much about the animation style.
On the other hand, if there's one thing I hate about the show I mentioned, it's exactly the fanbase, at least the majority of it.
>>
>>141280504
What? There's nothing stopping you from just learning from artstyles of popular cartoons. Which is exactly what you're describing happening in anime - there's no one big school where they teach everyone certain specific standards that all anime art must fall within, people just take inspiration from other anime artstyles.
>>
File: q208a.jpg (202KB, 1408x800px) Image search: [Google]
q208a.jpg
202KB, 1408x800px
Of course all anime look the same.
>>
>>141275737
Still better than Dragon Crisis.
>>
>>141281514
Dragon Crisis actually looked good and had a damn good OP though, it's just the story and characters that were shit.
>>
>>141281010
Not denying it, but there's how people are going to value your artstyle. If your work looks too much like X, some might think your work is inferior to X. Picture an american taking the anime standard artstyle (big eyes, small noses, unrealistic heads, but realistic body anatomy, etc) and a jap doing the same.
>>
>>141279377
>>141280504
All I'm hearing is that somehow it's more difficult to develop a good artstyle if you're not Japanese.
>>
>>141281730
It wouldn't matter, assuming they both did it well. I mean, come on, generic "anime-ish" artstyles do well all the time, even if they're of varying quality. Avatar, Wakfu, Code Lyoko, etc. Half the people watching dubbed anime on TV don't even know whether what they're watching is anime or a western cartoon.
>>
>>141268616

Everything is rotten, from the audience, to the people making it, to the source material.
>>
File: 1340481730148.jpg (22KB, 551x413px) Image search: [Google]
1340481730148.jpg
22KB, 551x413px
im a softie for the western cartoons like steven universe, chowder, gravity falls etc.

i also rewatch ed edd and eddy on a regular basis.
>>
>>141281903
Many don't care, others do. You're on /a/, don't deny the existence of weaboos.
>>
>>141282095
We're talking about viability here, not "some people don't like this thing". That kind of artstyle is clearly commercially viable.

Anyway, my original point was about taking inspiration from other Western cartoons that are well-liked, which is what anime artists do with anime artstyles. There's no 'barrier to entry" regarding artstyle like you're talking about.
>>
>>141280504
What, all western cartoons look the same, all have the same artstyle.

see this
>>141275737
this looks very generic, there is nothing creative about this artstyle. Brown colours, circle tool eyes, non-head hair. And the other stuff I can't really point out that contributes to its genericness.

There is some variation in western stuff, sure, but it's no more diverse than anime. Western cartoons put their effort into coming up with different animals to have as main characters, while everything else looks the same, while anime puts effort into stuff like eye shapes and clothes, but generally uses the same character outline.
>>
American animation is all for children and done in Korea with shoestring budget, also western millennial ""comedy""
>>
>>141272816
>lgbt faggotry.

I dare someone produces an anime with a mixed gender cast but everyone is gay
>>
>>141268616
The 90's-2000's animated DCU would like a word with you.
>>
>>141282095
What? Weeaboos are exactly the ones who pile onto that kind of artstyle. "I watched ten anime and can say two sentences in Japanese, I'm such an otaku"-types love rwby.
>>
>>141282513
Most anime comedies end up being unfunny as well, to be fair.

They're just different types of unfunny.
>>
>>141273866
>You also need to consider the fact that animation in the west is culturally associated with childishness, there's not a lot you can do to change that, but I think with the younger generations growing up with easy access to anime and adult-swim-esque content this cultural view might change over 20 or so years.

Ahhhh, too long!

We need anime fans to get to executive positions in the TV/entertainment industry
>>
>>141268616
Because the west favors live action and CGI animation, and has largely become much better at it than the east.

Same applies to the Japanese and hand drawn animation
>>
File: man vs woman.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
man vs woman.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
nah
>>
>>141272726
Don't compare American Dad to the garbage fire that is Family Guy. Showtunes Man has only done voices in American Dad for like 10 seasons now.
>>
>>141275766
Kek.
>>
>>141282654
Anime fans in the TV industry are just going to be horrible Toonami weeaboos.
>>
>>141281478
What's the source on bottom right anon? I hate asking but it looks kind of cool.
>>
>>141282360
There's cleary a demand for more mature cartoons in US, just look at the anime community outside japan, it's huge. If so, why aren't american studios trying to cater to this public? There're attempts, you named a few, but anyone trying to enter in this market will have to compete with japanese cartoons, and I'm argueing they have a comparative advantage. That's all.
>>
>>141283174
Japs have an advantage because they have an established adult animation market with known names and lots of experience, not because Americans for some reason can't incorporate elements of popular artstyles into their own.
>>
>>141283261
I'm not saying they can't, they can and they do, but it's harder for them to succeed due to the lack of an established adult animation market there, which affects both the quality of their works but also how the public perceives them. That's exacly the point I was trying to make, damn.
>>
>>141268753
This

Because it's for children, is has to be kept simple, so characters mustn't become too complex and storylines must be concluded in the same episode they began.

Nipjaps better look out though because their overzealous workethic currently guides their industry into a cesspool that will see them up to their nose in shit due running well-selling concepts into the fucking ground while simultaneously oversaturating the market. It's no coincidence that animoo is notorious for how extremely it rehashes characters and plotlines. The west is guilty of this, as well, no doubt, but nothing compares to the vast stage prop storage of anime-productions when it comes to tossing character concepts together.

If OP needs proof, just direct him to the SoL and harem category of any streaming- or torrenting-site.
>>
>>141272364
Gravity Falls is legit underrated. Even its professed fans generally don't get it.
>>
>>141284097
Heard some good things about it, tried it, couldn't watch more than like 2 or 3 episodes.
I don't see the appeal of it beyond it tries to at least do some more interesting things than just the regular braindead cartoon cliches, but never going anywhere high with those.
>>
>>141275737
It's 'interesting' to see a show made by people who genuinely think that Adventure Time and Regular Show are based around 'random' humor and don't understand the weird observations about life experience embedded in them that make them work in the first place.
>>
>>141284237
Gravity Falls has an incredibly offbeat sense of humor, most of the jokes fly way over more people's heads and it really doesn't care that few people will pick up on the weirder things it does. It can be genuinely generic at times, but if you don't see what its doing it will seem like a typical kids cartoon with an overblown plot attached to it.
>>
Gravity Falls, South Park, Adventure Time and Steven Universe are all really good.
>>
>>141268811
Samurai Jack was okay but it actually suffers from not finishing. And it's pretty clear there was no intent to finish in a timely manner.
>>
File: 1459337412706.png (56KB, 842x324px) Image search: [Google]
1459337412706.png
56KB, 842x324px
>by Studio Trigger
>>
What I can't tolerate is little boy lead in cartoons, which happens pretty often.
I blame anime for this though, because their faggy shotas made me hate all little boys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpWAO0F7ck
>>
File: 1453885221650.jpg (63KB, 523x535px) Image search: [Google]
1453885221650.jpg
63KB, 523x535px
>>141284913
B-but crossdressing little boys are great.
>>
>>141284949
I like how he dodges having to talk about MLP by using its old generation as example, instead of the male/fandom pandering current series.
>>
>>141283110

Different anon but it's Nijuu Mensou no Musume. Not a horrible show.
>>
>>141284839
Studio Trigger has not managed a good series yet, so it's not surprising.
>>
File: SU_face.png (28KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
SU_face.png
28KB, 250x224px
>>141268616

Because western cartoons exist for sell plastic toys and t-shirts with hilarious faces, you cant expect western making esque- Hibiki euphonium cartoons.
>>
>>141275766
Someone post the reversed one :D
>>
File: 1455930043093.png (4MB, 1752x6796px) Image search: [Google]
1455930043093.png
4MB, 1752x6796px
>>141268616
There are all kinds of factors not just one. Here some reasons.
>Better education
In America the teacher's just care if you pass the class and get a passing grade on those retarded standardized tests. In Japan, there is a greater emphasis on other course like arts and crafts, and even higher education classes in America struggle with teaching kids things like anatomy or live drawing two subjects that are so vital to animation. Because not many people are good at drawing they wind up on television, the good ones get hired by Disney and Pixar.
>2. Respect for the medium
Not just Japan, but in other countries that produce better animations, like France. There's a reason why Je Suis Charlie existed. Its because to be a cartoonist in France is the equivalent of a hollywood celebrity. Americans think cartoons and animations are just silly shit and giggles.
>3. Animator's Union
They raised the wages so high for animator's, even lowly ones doing small shit, that all the jobs got sent to Korea, its the reason most TV animation is done in Worst Korea.
>>
File: 1437512377595.png (691KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437512377595.png
691KB, 667x720px
>>141285529
>esque- Hibiki euphonium
>>
>>141268616
> Why are cartoons made in Japan so much better then ones made in America?
Many are better 'cause they do some serious work on them. Especially the animators and voice actors are amazing.

That said, their story writers often suck. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that some of the dumbest shit is apparently what TV networks can peddle best, and will fund to be animated.
>>
>>141286140
I agree. As far as writing goes in regards to serious plot, anime is really underwhelming.
Many of the aforementioned cartoons have a better plot even in self constrained one shot episodes.
>>
>>141285516
Well, I think the Japs really do like 'Akuma Buster Star Butterfly' these days

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28544589
>>
>>141268753

>TV animation has been considered garbage for children for decades.

That's exactly what anime is for japs though.
>>
>>141286414
Once again, ruined by little boy.
Fuck do they need to push one in every series.
>>
King of the Hill is based. Nice mix of Comedy/SoL with occasional drama and great characters.
>>
>>141285399
Main characters remind me of Big-O. Hopefully this show doesn't have a mind fuck ending. Thank you
>>
>>141286462
>That's exactly what anime is for japs though.
stop watching shounen / shoujo
>>
>>141286515
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxdgCPtanow
>>
>A girl meets a boy, unable to confess her love. she.....
Yeah japan is totally better on every plane.
>>
>>141286611
just like muh shirobako
>>
>>141286598

>implying than shounen is the trash of the anime
>but every best selling anime ever has been a shounen

If there's a genre of japanese cartoon that isn't considered unsuccessful garbage for kids by the japs (there isn't, but let's say there was), it's shounen. Shounen is the best genre and sales prove it.
>>
>>141286770
Shounen is not a genre, it means the target audience is 8-15 years old mostly.
>>
>>141286820
8-15 boys*
For girls, the same age range would be shoujo.
>>
>>141286820

I guess that's why there's a huge section of shounen in manga stores mixed with all the other genres right? Leave it to gayjin to talk shit about that Japanese stuff he doesn't know about it really.
>>
>>141286915
that doesn't contradict what he said at all
>>
>>141286770
>>but every best selling anime ever has been a shounen
What. The best selling shounen is SnK, and it's ninth overall.
>>
>>141286915
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>141275737
This low detail, noodle people shit that Adventure Time popularized aggravates me to no end
>>
>>141286998

What is doragon boru? What is Naruto? What is shinseiki? What is detective conan? What is one piece? What is...
>>
>>141287063
NGE is anime-original, the rest all sold worse than SnK.
>>
What's the KotH of anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
>>
File: 1418264207864.jpg (48KB, 440x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418264207864.jpg
48KB, 440x500px
the first Ben10 was good. Probably one of the first time I had an incest pairing.
Teen Titans was pretty nice too.
>>
>>141287095

>SnK sold a bit more than 22 million
>One Piece sold more than 273400 million
>SnK doesn't even make it to the top 20

Source your claims user 141278095.

>this kills the newfag
>>
>>141287295

http://www.someanithing.com/2581
http://www.someanithing.com/312
http://www.someanithing.com/1

Fuck off.
>>
>>141287186
>mentioning incest pairing
>that picture
Neat.

Also I watched current generation of MLP too after years of passionate hatred for it, and it's actually a pretty amusing moe/SoL show, almost like watching my anime so far, though I fear I will see why it's hated so much soon.
>>
>>141284839
>Studio Trigger

○TRIGGER TVアニメ売上一覧
(2013) 11,563 キルラキル
(2014) **,996 異能バトルは日常系のなかで
(2016) *1,424 ニンジャスレイヤー フロムアニメイシヨン
**1,301位/**1,301位 (***,162 pt) [*,**2予約] 2016/06/08 キズナイーバー 1(イベントチケット優先販売申し込み券付)(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

RIP and good riddance fucking westaboo fucks.
>>
>>141287316

>posts sources for TV/discs only
>source keeps track of sales only in Japan
>even though source is shit, it doesn't even support his original claim that SnK is the best selling series of all time

I guess this is the kind of shitpost people post when they're desperate right?
>>
>>141268616
Anime has cute girls and is not limited by western morality and SJWism.
>>
>>141282669
Was that supposed to be so fucking sexual?
>>
>>141287393
MLP was great regardless for what people say.
I started watching it for the popular lesbian horses. Then dropped it after the third season because it got boring and I just started to notice how disgusting the fandom really was.
>>
>>141268616
American cartoons are kind of trash right now because they're dominated by young creators who all went to the same school, leading to little variety and originality, and generally low quality. It worked for a few shows so now CN and Disney do it for just about every show. I'm not sure about Nick but I haven't watched a Nick cartoon since Korra.

They also have a different direction, so it makes sense to prefer one over the other. Japanese animation tries to look detailed and complex in regards to character design and effects, sometimes leading to really cheap-looking animation. Western animation has extremely facile character design, but much more fluid animation as a result. They also generally have larger budgets and much more time to make them, so that helps a lot too.

Also, anime obviously has much more variety. In America 90% of cartoons are comedies for children, and those that aren't are either comedies for adults (mostly trash), or action/drama shows for kids (with lots of comedy). This is probably the reason you say Japanese scripts just seem way more solid, shows like your pic just aren't made. As far as direction goes I don't really agree, Adventure Time has great direction in some episodes (although, perhaps non-coincidentally, the best episode of the show was directed by Masaaki Yuasa. Go figure.)
>>
>>141284839
>Frozen the television series
Wait, what? First time I hear of it. And I even went to check the Frozen Wikipedia page and there's no mention of such thing.
>>
File: 50304275_p45.png (218KB, 579x597px)
50304275_p45.png
218KB, 579x597px
>>141287393
Yuzuki was the incest girl not Ruu.
>>
>>141287510
I don't really intend to get involved with the fandom. If the show doesn't drop huge in quality, I guess I've found myself a nice addition to my list, which is pretty ironic after how much I hated it until a few weeks ago.
>>
>>141287599
I know. That's why it was subtle.
>>
Anyone have that image about animation in America being a dying craft and how schools don't teach even the basics anymore, you know the one that triggers /co/?
>>
>>141284839
>broccoli soup

I have literally never heard this. And macaroni and cheese is a 0/10 pleb dish, he can get pasta with almost-real tomato sauce if he wants macaroni.
>>
File: work_work-tm.jpg (189KB, 498x692px) Image search: [Google]
work_work-tm.jpg
189KB, 498x692px
>>141268616

Not how closely this reflects an animator's schedule, but 3 hours of free time per week might be a reason
>>
>>141284839
>by Studio Trigger
I googled the text and the page with that interview says it's Studio Khara.

https://marinasauce.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/sakura-con-2016-designingworking-in-the-anime-industry-with-hiroyasu-kobayashi-and-shigeto-koyama/
>>
File: 6876655.jpg (43KB, 170x158px) Image search: [Google]
6876655.jpg
43KB, 170x158px
The best American cartoon in the last decade was Batman Brave & the Bold.
>>
>>141287095

What the fuck is SnK
>>
>>141287718
You're right

>Khara (studio)
>Founder: HIdeaki Anno
>>
>>141287653
It's broccoli and cheese
>>
File: uTBeH4LbbA0i4HUmeg56QNC1FIt.jpg (70KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
uTBeH4LbbA0i4HUmeg56QNC1FIt.jpg
70KB, 1000x563px
>>141268616
There's a few rare gems around.

The original Watership Down movie, at least.

>>141268753
Animated movies don't get taken seriously either. Academy Award nominees for animation aren't even watched by judges. They literally give the awards to Dreamworks or Pixar depending on how many of the judge's children saw the cartoon.

Last year's was particularly hurtful considering that literally any other nominee was better than what actually on the award.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature#2010s

It's just a fucking joke. This whole industry is a joke
>>
File: jewbbles.png (548KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
jewbbles.png
548KB, 1280x711px
>>141287527
>American cartoons are kind of trash right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U
>>
>>141268616
The really simple answer is that they produce significantly more of it, and a much larger percentage of Japanese artists must draw cartoons than in other countries.

Manga is a multi-billion dollar industry and the largest source of comics in the world- without taking doujin or piracy into account. Over a quarter of all book and magazine sales in Japan are manga, in a rather literate country.
Anime follows from manga: the art styles are nearly identical, and comics are naturally easy to adapt into animation.

I've been trying to find good numbers on the size of the anime industry versus the U.S. and Chinese industries, but the most I can say is that they're of similar size. Those countries are also 2.5x and 10x the size of Japan.
That means Japan is the largest major producer of animation per capita by a long shot.

If you want an extremely rough demonstration of this, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animation_studios
137 studios from the United States are listed, however 58 are listed as defunct.
92 studios from Japan, with only 8 defunct.
So nearly the same number of studios listed between the center of the global entertainment industry and an island with 40% of its population, on a page made by English-speakers.
That says little about the total number of animators, but you get an idea of the disparity.
>>
>>141287816
I don't have the image saved but someone screencapped the judge commentary for the animated films and it was absolutely disgusting. Just a bunch of housewives and old people bitching about anime being too confusing to watch and not family-friendly enough.
>>
>>141287498
old dc animated shows were 10/10
>>
>>141287775
What the fuck aren't you lurking more?
>>
>>141287910
>>141287816
It's ok anons

Oscars are really nothing more than the (jew run) industry patting itself on the back. It's all just rich white men jerking each other off.
>>
>>141284752
>South Park
hi /pol/
>>
>>141288005
He also mentions Adventure Time and Steven Universe which are SJW/tumblr friendly shows.
>>
File: 1460156429738.jpg (46KB, 720x480px)
1460156429738.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>141287393
>though I fear I will see why it's hated so much soon.
The reason why it's hated so much is the fandom. The "bronies" are cringy just to look at through a computer screen; how they prance and rave about shit nobody cares while infesting it with filth only adult degenerates or autistic manchildren can. If you like watching cartoons it's fine, just don't go all zealous about it, it's just a show, a colorful, comfy time spender to help unwind.
It's kinda like the sonic fandom. Enjoyable franchise on its own, but the eyes of God turns away from the degeneracy going rampant with OCs and autistic fetishists.
If you just watch it and steer clear of that you'll be fine, I liken the experience to watching Power Puff Girls growing up, although I grew bored of it by, like, season three. Catchy songs tho.
>>
>>141287816
>>141287910
I remember seeing an article where they interviewed people eligible to vote on the animation category, what they thought of the nominees and which one they would vote for. Or maybe it was which one they did vote for? Anyways the point is:

The responses were things like "I didn't see any of these, but this one was made by Pixar and they always make the best ones so I'll vote for that." or "This one has a cute dog. You've gotta give it to the cute dog, right?
>>
>>141288093
I'm just through a number of silly songs by the pink one which I didn't dislike, but then there were two actual songs and I love them. Hope they keep this up.
Also if I was able not to go full apeshit about anime, I'm pretty sure I can handle this too without becoming a "brony". How correct am I in calling them the equivalent of weaboos?
>>
>>141288005
/pol/ hates steven universe.
>>
>>141288047
Steven Universe isn't very subtle with its moralism but I don't get that vibe from Adventure Time.
>>
>>141288005
>implying South Park isn't among the most mainstream of shows and the most general kind of popular, unfunny shit, like a moron.
>>
File: 1444339115589.jpg (31KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
1444339115589.jpg
31KB, 640x448px
>>141287820
>reddit memes in Powerpuff Girls

WHY
>>
>>141288314
They are like rabid fans of moe anime. Best girl wars, merchandise, porn, etc
>>
>>141282669

What's the point of this post? Old Cape cartoons are nice?
>>
File: imply bomb.gif (3MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
imply bomb.gif
3MB, 300x167px
>>141268753
>Because only animated movies are taken seriously in America
>animated movies are taken seriously in America
>>
>>141288408
Whatever, nothing new, or anything I want to get involved with, thanks for the heads up.
Also it amazed me that the characters I expected to hate from a glance turned out to be quite lovely, but I guess I can't judge characters as well without much experience with the medium.
>>
>>141288047
They kinda are man.
Adventure Time started out as a boy and his dog going on trippy adventures and good old fashioned dungeon crawling and princess saving, then, as the show went on it began focusing on stupid shit and characters nobody cared about, and shitty romance plots for a 14 year old that went nowhere, THEN Finn and Jake turned into a pseudo side characters as it became more the Princess and Marceline show. And SU goes pretty on the nose with their shit, they even had a female character throw the "term" "Nuclear Family", there's also points where it becomes uncomfortable with the visuals and undertones and "Fusions"
>>141288314
Risking becoming one isn't the issue, as any sane person will just watch the show for it's face value, I'm just saying what kills it or otherwise puts people off is the religious following of manchildren.
>How correct am I in calling them the equivalent of weaboos?
>>141288408 What this guy said, though those aren't inherently exclusive to weeaboos.
>>
>>141288606
Good thing the fandom never really influenced my liking of a show.
>>
>>141287711

This is so baka to post, low level animator schedule and weekly managa artist are probably incredibly different.

Each manga artist has a different schedule based on needs,assistants,life,etc. To even TRY and compare to the two is simply baka.
>>
>>141287820
Let's take a little walk through my thoughts in the last minute or so.

New powerpuff girls?
Oh wow new season, that's awesome
Bubbles, no
Why would they do that
Wake me up inside
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>141288606
>SU goes pretty on the nose with their shit, they even had a female character throw the "term" "Nuclear Family", there's also points where it becomes uncomfortable with the visuals and undertones and "Fusions"

This isn't SJW/Tumblr. This is your own insecurities poking through. I honestly don't know how anything in SU can make you uncomfortable.
>>
>>141287775
A fighting game
>>
>>141288400
>>141288749
they just want to be hip and updated with the young audiences with 8 year old memes.
>>
>>141288749
They really fucked up with the reboot didn't they?
>>
>>141288819
>they even had a female character throw the "term" "Nuclear Family"
wow someone call the cops
>>
>>141288749

I hate people complain about the new PPG, it's not for you anymore. You're a grown ass man watching little bug eyed girls, move on.
>>
File: samurai jek.jpg (42KB, 1024x545px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jek.jpg
42KB, 1024x545px
>>141288846
samurai jack here we come
>>
>>141288900
I like the subtle ass cheeks in the opening though.
Is that worth something?
>>
File: 1462673640161.jpg (319KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462673640161.jpg
319KB, 1600x900px
>>141288900
>Defending the new PPG ever
>>
File: 1428695302818.jpg (53KB, 500x375px)
1428695302818.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>160 posts
>Ctrl+f Gumball
>0 results.
Why haven't any of you twits mentioned this yet? Amazing World of Gumball is basically the only recent cartoon worth watching nowadays.
>>
>>141289067
Because that doesn't fit the 'western cartoons are SJW-pandering garbage' agenda
>>
>>141289067
It's only worth watching for the mom.
>>
>>141286915
Just like there are YA, "guys' reads", and women's sections in American book stores, yes.
>>
File: 1401744036667.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1401744036667.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
>>141288900
The new PPG is literally made by a bunch of SJWs and nu-males who care more about brainwashing children than making a good cartoon
>>
>>141289180
nu-males sounds like a type of candy
>>
I don’t know, The Venture Bros is much funnier than Konosuba, Gintama, etc.
>>
>>141289111
>mentioning her and not posting the relevant web.m
Why anon?
>>
>>141288900
>We never really made the show for kids; we always just made it for us.
Craig McCracken, on The Powerpuff Girls.
>>
the only thing western cartoons do better than anime is humor

japanese comedy is just terrible. the timing is bad, the delivery is bad, the jokes aren't even particularly funny, and punchlines always get overly explained like they think the audience is stupid.
>>
File: LWA.jpg (220KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
LWA.jpg
220KB, 1600x900px
>>141284839
Studio Trigger's style does feel like it takes a few notes from American cartoons.

Their character designs and color palettes seem simpler and more streamlined than other anime.

They've hit a good balance in my opinion.
>>
>>141289237
>The Venture Bros

I forgot about that show. I love Venture Bros.
>>
>>141289237
>>141289447
that's more of a matter of cultural differences than a difference in production quality

besides, if we're talking about production quality take a look at some of disney's hand-drawn movies or ILM, which i'd say are miles ahead of most of what japan makes
>>
File: 1416753113926.jpg (26KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1416753113926.jpg
26KB, 310x310px
>>141268616
>The direction and scripts just seem way more solid in my opinion.
Are you memeing me?
>>
File: 1436765867947 archer.gif (936KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1436765867947 archer.gif
936KB, 500x281px
Who Archer here?
>>
File: 1016190-image001-1200.jpg (255KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1016190-image001-1200.jpg
255KB, 1200x675px
>>141268753
Aren't there cartoons aimed at young adults though? Like Archer? (which is the only american cartoon I've watched in the last five years)
>>
>>141279840
>It's popular therefore it sucks
This is literally all that you wrote.
>>
>>141289623
That's to be expected of the animation equivalent of Hollywood. The thing is, animation itself is the medium, so the studios with access to more money/workers will invariably have better production, which isn't true of live action films.
>>
File: 1462592801446.gif (1MB, 270x180px)
1462592801446.gif
1MB, 270x180px
>>141287063
Prime time anime have an unprecedented history of selling like shit. If the lifeline of Naruto, Conan, and One Piece relied on anime sales, all three would have died about 2 decades ago. Dragonball only has a high average due to countless box set and rereleases. Also, the average volume for primetime shows have four episodes as opposed to 2 for most seasonal shows and are sold at a lower price tag.

>>141287458
>source keeps track of sales only in Japan
>Implying westerners buy anime
>>
>>141268616
I play a euphonium and I love this.
>>
At least American cartoons can do comedy.
>>
>>141289689
Bojack Horseman on Netflix is a cartoon aimed specifically at adults
>>
>>141289310
you post it anon
>>
>>141268616
You could argue that LN don't count because they can be so steeped in Japanese comics' culture, but I wish there were more western animations, films and shows, based on novels. I'm going to watch The Magic Treehouse some time soon, and also Ulysses 31.
>>
>>141289623
>disney's hand-drawn movies

Do they still make those?
>>
File: 463437383.png (66KB, 323x238px) Image search: [Google]
463437383.png
66KB, 323x238px
>>141290053
no
>>
>>141290053
Last one was 2009. It was their movies that made me see the value in CGi, but the real reason is because it sells better. The best you can hope for are TV originals by Disneytoon.
>>
>>141290104
my problem with disney's CG is that a lot of their movies seem really obviously formulated to me, in the sense that they had a think tank come up with the setting and plot that would sell the best
for example, i thought zootopia looked absolutely gorgeous but the script just wasn't very good
>>
>>141281478
>Top Left
Looks like Senior fighting someone from School Shock, which is chink stuff
>Next three
Prefer sauce in top right since reverse image search only gave me info on bottom left
>>
>>141268616
You gotta watch the old ones, no the good ones. Let me give you a list:

Courage the cowardly dog
Tom and Jerry
Loony Toons
Scooby doo(Dont go past mystery inc.)
Marvel Comics: Spiderman
Spiderman unlimited
Spectacular Spiderman
Batman:TAS
Batman Beyond
Batman: Brave and the Bold (Watch the animated films too)
The Maxx
Spawn
Teen Titans (Original)
Hellboy Films
Transformers
X-men series
TMNT (2003)
Samurai Jack
Hey, Arnold
Krypto
The original PPG(Plus the Movie)
Gravity Falls (Amazing Writing)
Star vs. The forces of Evil
Wonder over Yonder (Great idea that got cancelled too soon)
All the Animated DC movies
All old Disney movies
All old Dreamworks movies
And Pinky and the Brain

Thats all the Greats.
>>
>>141290319
t. 1992
>>
>>141290256
Because that's what it pretty much is. Disney has been creatively dead for ages. The most they do these days are the corporate and marketing stuff like acquiring more properties (Star Wars, Marvel etc). They don't really give much shit about experimenting around like they used to.
>>
>>141290256
I haven't seen the last few, but I know what you mean. It's a shame, since a lot of the latest ones have interesting concepts and, alongside the great look, interesting styles. It feels very unlike things from any other time period, though. Even taking into account the obvious difference between decades, there's still a distinct feel to their films, and that kind of went away with the advent of CG. It's like the new medium let them (or made them) change the pacing/tone. Or maybe it's just that they're not trying to animated. A lot of them feel like they're trying to be live action movies that just happen to be animated, even if they do "cartoony" things.
>>
>>141290319
wow, how did you not include Gumball or a bunch of older CN and AS shows
>>
>>141290319
Avatar should be up there, or does it not count since it's styled after anime?
>>
>>141290256
>the script just wasn't very good
Didn't that go through extensive rework later on because it was getting a bit too dark for a target audience consisting of children?
From what I gather it was supposed to have a more dystopian feel to it with predators forced to wear shock collars and there being a very VERY strong level of disparity between the species. There was also a bleaker set up, Nick was also the main protagonist out to try and solve a murder he was framed for.
>>
>>141290319
>Teen Titans (Original)
That isn't what you think it is.
>All old Disney movies
>All old Dreamworks movies
HA
You've got a relatively narrow list here, grabbing from just a few areas.
For my personal recommendations, I'd say anything by the CN Trio (McCracken, Faust, and Tartakovsky), Disney films from 1989-2000, with Avatar and Totally Spies! for flavor.
>>
>>141290466
>A lot of them feel like they're trying to be live action movies that just happen to be animated
I think you nailed it with this. Say what you want about anime, but there's the sense of them playing around with the visuals in the way that the medium allows them. I tried getting into the more recent works of Disney and it just doesn't have the sort of elements that separate it from the typical live action in terms of things like the presentation or direction.
>>
>>141287510
It oddly enough got better after the third season because of fan complaints. Bronies are like a double-edged sword.
>>
>>141290561
That actually sounds fucked up. I haven't seen the film, but I don't think I could deal with the original tone.
>>
>>141290319
Aren't you just illustrating the issue?

That in a list of "all the Greats", there is only that few entries from over the past 85 years.
>>
>>141268616
what show is that?
>>
File: f9b.png (258KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
f9b.png
258KB, 500x525px
>>141290501
>>141290530
Your right

Amazing world of Gumball
Totally Spies
Regular show
Invader Zim
Danny Phantom
T.U.F.F Puppy
CatDog
Black Panther TAS
Dextors Lab
My Life as a Teenage robot (Jenny is best girl)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Ronny and Mr. Whiskers (Ronny Best girl)
Ben 10(Anything after alien force is shit repeat SHIT)
Oh yeah Mickey Mouse
And Zootopia

That should be it i think.

P.S. Judy is the most Moe girl this decade
>>
>>141288900
I still watch old PPG at 3 am in Cartoon Network, and enjoy every single second, you are a faggot.
>>
>>141290980
Don't forget Spongebob before the movie, Sealab 2021, Wakfu, Oban Star Racers, Ed Edd n Eddy, etc. I'd also argue that Korra is actually good.
>>
>>141283939
But even kids anime in Japan are way better than most kids cartoons in America.
>>
>>141271771
>>141289689
>>141289836
That guy was just half right.

Most of the west still thinks cartoons can only be 2 things. Simple stuff for kids, or raunchy comedies for young adults.

A few things have come close. Some shows like adventure time and steven universe are still pretty damn episodic and childish, but they've at least tried to have overarching plots and serious tones at times.

And then there's Avatar, which while still kind of intended for kids was a huge step up and more like anime than anything else.
>>
>>141288819
>I honestly don't know how anything in SU can make you uncomfortable.

I don't get it either. If anything SU is a show that actually succeeds at being 'diverse' in that it's created by people who are actually interested in exploring various characters as human beings, as opposed to shoving in characters to push a specific agenda.
>>
>>141287295
>273400 million
That isn't how numbers work.
>>
>>141290764
Even if the characters only do regular, everyday things without much flare, there's still a lot you can do stylistically that helps inform the character direction. The Garden of Words comes to mind. It's realistic, but it has a style that just doesn't get used in live action things. Animation usually has more varied tones just because people don't feel obligated to make it "realistic", which can at times just make things seem too same-y. I don't think that "realistic" acting is that much closer to life than "cartoon" acting, either (comparing similar genres, that is).
>>
>>141290952
Most of those are from the past 35 years.
Past 85 years wouldn't be that weird; the 30s was kind of the start of the industry in the west and the east.
>>
File: 00c8572df95e70d5c27f48e4c747a809.jpg (241KB, 1006x955px) Image search: [Google]
00c8572df95e70d5c27f48e4c747a809.jpg
241KB, 1006x955px
>>141268616
Anime's target age group ranges from 5 to 30+ years old. Also has the benefit of usually being based on some sort of source material. Meanwhile cartoons are done off no source material and targeted to kids 16 and under.
>>
>>141291256
Yes, it is.

Good Rule of Thumb
Don't try to correct people when:
1. He is more right than you.
2. You are ignorant of the subject in the first place.
>>
File: blade-runner.jpg (432KB, 1600x816px) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner.jpg
432KB, 1600x816px
>>141290053
>watch Tarzan last night
>Be amazed at the scenes where Tarzan is surfing thru the trees.
>That amazing hand-drawn animation
>Never to be seen again.
>All that talent will be lost in time
>Like Tears in the rain.
Fuck you Disney you bunch of greedy kikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGKj_yB5_PI
>>
>>141291423
After 999 million, the number is 1 billion.
>>
>>141291154
>I'd also argue that Korra is actually good.
At the very least, it looks super good.
>>
>>141291423
Go back to math, 2nd class.
>>
>>141291333
You missed my point; it's not that "would be that weird", it's that if you are making a list that is covering that long of a time frame, there should be far more entries than that.

But there aren't.
And that illustrates the issue OP has brought up.
>>
>>141291256
>>141291545
It's not technically wrong, it's just a very non-typical way of saying it.
>>
>>141272174
Please tell me about all the great anime being made recently.
Deal with it, most anime and most US cartoons are shit.
People only remember gems.
>>
>>141291465
>>141291545
Oh yeah, my mistake! No one has EVER formatted a number like "twenty five hundred" for example.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>141290980
>Danny Phantom
>CatDog
Ya blew it
>No Young Justice
>No Johnny Bravo
>No Animaniacs
>>
>>141291565
I understand, and I agree.
>>
File: GOAT_of_western_animation.jpg (77KB, 412x513px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT_of_western_animation.jpg
77KB, 412x513px
>season 2 never
>>
>>141291654
Twenty five hundred is just said because it's easier than two thousand five hundred, and it's only once decimal place off.

273400 million is just autism.
>>
>>141291684
Also forgot Batman: The Animated Series. Probably the best show that American animation has given us in the past 30 years that wasn't a comedy.
>>
File: avatar.jpg (133KB, 854x510px) Image search: [Google]
133KB, 854x510px
Why was Avatar so much better than 90% of anime?
>>
>>141268616
They're not, it's just that the really good shows are just dragged on forever until they suck.
Take earlier seasons of The Simpsons and Archer, no anime exists that are better than them, only on par.
>>
>>141291788
>Probably the best show that American animation has given us in the past 30 years
AH--
>that wasn't a comedy.
Oh, then I agree.
>>
>>141291798
>little boy main lead
Already wrong
>>
>>141291788
For sure, the team who worked on that was insanely talented.
>>
>>141268616
It's an extension of Japanese attitude toward manga and art.

Mangaka are highly respected in Japan, earning the same title as teachers and doctors. Manga is consumed by a very large chunk of the population, spanning a huge age range with countless different genres and publications. While publishers and editors have power in determining what gets written, manga are still largely in control of the mangaka (especially if they're someone like Togashi).

Here in the US, comics are consumed by a tiny pocket demographic that is often as extreme as hardcore otaku in japan. The plots of the comics are controlled almost entirely by corporations and nobody outside of comic fandom knows the names of the authors.

Japanese culture also just has an enormous respect for art of any sort. By contrast, the only thing that gets respect in the west is whatever sells best.
>>
File: 1461020602280.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461020602280.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>141291937
>Mangaka are highly respected in Japan
>>
>>141290256
>>141290466
I feel like the problem with cgi is that doesn't age well, love the Incredibles but watching it now it feels a bit aged, the character's skin looks to oily at times. it doesn't help that many video games look just as good. Hand-drawn rarely does bad, you can watch Pinocchio and it still looks good.
One thing I will say about Disney is that they seem to be only ones that are trying. Everything other studio seems to be selling out in order to sell shitty merch.
>>
>>141291937
>manga are still largely in control of the mangaka
What the hell are you high on?
>>
>>141291937
Er, most Japanese people aren't otakus like the weebs on this imageboard (this includes you).
Hollywood films are still the biggest ticket sellers in Japan. Hell, they make some decent live-action films themselves too.
>>
>>141287647
Right here bro.r>>141285578
>>
>>141291937
>earning the same title as teachers and doctors
>he thinks the term sensei by itself denotes prestige
>>
>>141291798
Because 90% of everything is shit. The 10% remaining anime are much better than Avatar in every aspect.
>>
Remember, the best way to enjoy king of the hill is in japanese:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7385863
>>
>>141292067
>every aspect
>every
Oh man, I'm not an oldfag, but I imagine that old /a/ just had people enjoying anime and manga, not stereotypical weebtards.
Is this the stupidity that oldfags complain about?
>>
>>141292133
More discussions
More elitism
/a/ got a lot of traffic right when we started getting a lot of fantastic anime seasons in 2007-2008 so I guess everyone was a bit happier.
>>
>>141292133
Do you have any actual arguments as to why avatar beats out the 10% of anime that's considered the best that Japanese animation has to offer?
>>
File: 1459527907400.jpg (284KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
1459527907400.jpg
284KB, 800x614px
>>141291442
Fuck man, I don't need these nostalgic feels
>tfw it was the late 90s and you only had the option of watching dubbed Disney movies on VHS or theater
Great adaptation of songs though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x90JskM5DE
>>
>>141291937
>Mangaka are highly respected in Japan, earning the same title as teachers and doctors.
Something I noticed. The "ka" means "writer". A literal translation would probably be "cartoonist", but the implication is that it's WRITING. Someone with the same job would probably be called a "comic artist" in the west. In other words, there's less emphasis put on it as story. The "ka" is also used in the word for "novelist".
There's also the obvious difference that "manga" and "cartoon" refer to drawings in general, which include animation, but "manga" has a slight implication towards still drawings and "cartoon" has a heavy implication towards animation specifically, not necessarily drawn things.
>>141291992
>>141292063
Going along with these, you're right that it's a definite difference in the way these creators are seen (language probably plays a part in that), but the term "sensei" doesn't really mean anything special. If we're being literal, it just means someone with more experience in a certain field.
>>
>>141292311
>The "ka" means "writer"
No it doesn't. The 家 in mangaka denotes '-ist' as used in indicating someone's occupation or pursuits.
>>
>>141271683
Anime has nothing to do with autism. Stop believing everything you read on the Internet.

>>141287527
Fluid animation doesn't count for anything if the character designs and camera work are dead simple.

>>141289623
Disney had very fluid animation, but that was the only thing they had over anime. And having fluid animation doesn't even mean anything by itself.

>>141291798
It wasn't.
>>
I feel like Japan has a set a standard that America refuses to acknowledge.
>>
>>141291442
Fuck man, I've never seen any disney stuff in HD. I might have to go find some BD rips of Tarzan and some other old disney movies now.

One thing that blows my mind is that Disney has shown the world how to seamlessly integrate CG with 2D animation on at least two occasions now with Beauty and the Beast (ballroom scene) and Tarzan, but nobody has followed their example. It's really quite simple: rely on computer shading as little as possible. Instead, paint textures (including shading) the same way you paint background mattes and apply the textures to your 3D models. This is what they did for the trees/vine surfing and it looks great. The manual texturing adds that missing imperfect human touch.

Most modern CG instead tries to mimic 2D purely through shaders and disfigured models and it looks like shit because that's really fucking hard to do right.
>>
>>141292698
Treasure planet also makes amazing use of CG if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>141292698
What should blow your mind more is that Disney demonstrated they have the capability to do things like that but didn't really make use of them beyond a scene here and there. "Well that was cool I guess, now let's go back to boring wide angle shots from the side." They had to switch to 3D animation to get out of that mindset.
>>
Look up Glenn Keane he's the master animator responsible for Tarzan's movements. I want Disney to do 2D films again. Which might happen as it appears that the whole cgi industry has seemed to gone to shit. Also we might get more adult animations. Seth Rogen and his pals are doing an animated DUDE WEEEEEED LMAO film, it'll be stupid but I'll support it.
>>
>>141292861
Yeah, I'm glad that there's pretty much always been anime that makes creative use of the fact it's animated and can be literally anything without breaking the viewer's suspense of disbelief, all while costing a fraction of what a live action production trying to do the same might cost.
>>
>>141290104
You can also thank Frozen for effectively ending any future efforts at traditional animation.
>>141289721
I disagree with this. More money and workers even in animation does not always equate to a better product.
>>
>>141293337
>I disagree with this. More money and workers even in animation does not always equate to a better product.
I meant for it as a piece of animation, not as a film. Visual art is much easier to just "get better at", since nice movement and detail makes it easy to forget lacking cinematography.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>141292043
Japan wants that sweet CGI money.
>>
>>141292063
Not agreeing with the other guy...

but it does.
>>
>they ruined Teen Titans
>they ruined Scooby Doo
Will they ruin Samurai Jack?
>>
>>141293223
>Seth Rogen and his pals are doing an animated DUDE WEEEEEED LMAO film
That's entirely CGI.

>>141293315
I find it interesting that it's cheaper to make a traditionally animated film from scratch than it is to make a CGI film from scratch.

>Budget
>Up: $175 million
>The Princess and the Frog: $105 million
>Ponyo: $34 million
>>
>>141293471
> by itself denotes prestige
> by itself
Sensei denotes respect to someone more senior or more in the know than you, but it doesn't directly mean prestige, because Japan, as with many Asian culture places high emphasis on that sort of thing. So no, it doesn't, because respect and prestige don't have the same usage or connotation in an Asian context. They overlap in implication yes, but they are different.
>>
>>141268616
Go home weeb
>>
>>141293638
You know sometimes something Japanese actually IS better than something American, and this is one of those times.
>>
>>141293856
I wouldn't say animation in general, though. Maybe a few things, but not everything.
>>
>>141293631
If we want to quibble over semantics of unrelated English words, we can do that and prove anything.

But anyway, next time I go to the East Asian business department, I'll be sure to tell the native speaker that he is wrong about elementary words in his own language.
>>
>>141293962
Then what does US animation do better than anime?
>>
Does /co/ have an equivalent to nyaa?
>>
>>141293962

Yeah, the (capital A) Animation isn't better in general, but Animation is heavily influenced by budget and there is more to movies than production value.

The subset of movies where people are still working and still trying things in is the subset that is still alive.
>>
File: 1462571521708.jpg (324KB, 950x534px)
1462571521708.jpg
324KB, 950x534px
>>141283939
>all this bullshit
>writes SoL and haremshit in the same category
>>
>last animated Disney movie was Princess and the Frog
>>
>>141283939
The disapproval of Western viewers doesn't matter at all for the anime industry.
>>
>>141282931
>Anime fans in the TV industry are just going to be horrible Toonami weeaboos.

Certainly someone in /a/ can get to the higher ups, right?
>>
>>141294335
You're giving the people here too much credit.
>>
File: 1462345005095.gif (866KB, 500x374px)
1462345005095.gif
866KB, 500x374px
>>141268616
the direction is usually very good-- sometimes excellent.

the scripts? you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Japanese culture in general is plagued with bad writing-- poor pacing, hackneyed situations, obvious sentiment and dull dialog.
>>
>>141291643
I've enjoyed a few dozen anime this year. Looking over the list he mentioned, I can't imagine enjoying even five of those forty shows.
>>
>>141294404
American shows have barely anything that isn't an episodic cartoon comedy or adult sitcom.

There are a lot of anime with bad or mediocre writing, but there's also a lot of live action stuff with bad or mediocre writing. Except it's ok when live action does it, somehow.
>>
>>141268616
Because burgerland simply can't into cartoons.
Compare suparobo stuffs in nipland and murica, technically a product marketed for kids.

The first actually shaped millions of asian young adult mindsets who grew up with them, eg. Mazinger, Getter, Raideen, etc. and its essence is still preserved in our times with Gurren Lagann, Aquarion, and the likes.

The second is garbage at best and its audience is too retarded to care about some robot shit.
>>
>>141294507
Shitloads of forgettable live-action shows with that kind of writing, though, and unlike anime, they can get canceled without any sort of actual ending.
>>
>>141294404
>Japanese culture in general is plagued with bad writing
Please. Their actual literature compares perfectly fine to the rest. I wish /a/ would shut the fuck up with these constant half-assed attempts at cultural analysis of Japan and/or psychoanalysis of anime/manga consumers that seem to be all the rage nowadays.
>>
>>141294404
>Japanese culture in general is plagued with bad writing-- poor pacing, hackneyed situations, obvious sentiment and dull dialog.
Thank you for providing your own tipping image, it saved me the trouble.
>>
>>141288834
>they just want to be hip and updated with the young audiences with 8 year old memes.

That is the most Poochy thing they did
>>
>>141291798
created for a western audience with a strong emphasis on east asian 'exotic' culture, along with a strong sense of nostalgia from watching it as a gradeschooler.

Also the kids act like kids, unlike a lot of anime.
>>
>>141294687
>Also the kids act like kids, unlike a lot of anime.
Well, I guess that's true with Sokka and Aang. Not sure about the others though, especially Azula.
>>
>>141294748
I don't think they ever mentioned Azula once in the the Korra series. She's still an emotional wreck in the comics, which I pray that you never accidentally come across.
>>
>>141288492
>taken serious
I think he means by those who finance / produce / create them.
>>
>>>/co/82531692

had a similar thread on /co/, except that thread had a lot more shitflinging and less civil discussion.

Is it just easier to rile up certain /co/ users?
>>
>>141290839
>I don't think I could deal with the original tone

How do you manage to leave your house?
>>
>>141294984
I doubt it. It's pretty easy to rile up /a/ with topics like this, too, it just hasn't happened this time.
>>
>>141268616
Animation is the biggest joke of them all. Even video games as getting better public recognition and approaching better and deeper themes than animation and it's been only around for a few decades.
>>
>>141291442
The tree surfing was dumb as shit.

t. 11 year old me
>>
>>141295001
You're on /a/ - he probably doesn't.
>>
>>141268616
Is animation dead yet?
All attempts by the world at non comedic adult animation have been met with box office bombs.
The last success was Waltz with Bashir which got 10 million for its 2 million budget but the directors next project didn't even break 1million.
With Avatar Legend of korra flopping hard it seems like studios would be even further discouraged.
>>
>>141290319
No one mentioned:
>Gargoyles
>>
>>141268616
Most of the direction and scripts are shit tier compared to Pixar and dreamworks though.
I mean Pixar and Dreamworks employ award winning cinematographers like Roger Deakins to do their camera work, a bunch of Japs working with less than a million dollars can't compare to a company using rendering technology worth billions.
>>
>>141295207
Western studios are never going to find a market for adult animation in the box office, and network TV is just as unlikely unless you specifically target "alternative" blocks like Adult Swim, but even then it's iffy because nielson ratings are shit.

The only way to make it work is through online streaming services like Netflix/Crunchyroll/Youtube. That's where you'll find the market for that sort of thing, because anybody older than 35-40 most likely isn't going to be too interested and everybody younger spends all their time on the internet. Most of the fellow 20somethings I know don't subscribe to cable and only go to theaters for the blockbusters.
>>
>>141295322
2/8
>>
>>141287711
and this is why japan has a suicide problem
>>
Stop over analyzing it.

1. The interest/audience isn't there
2. As a result, there are less aspirating artists/talent pool.

The west has "conventions," with the creative output of a strip mall. With the only creative output being from giant comic mill corporations and maybe a few independent artists.

Japan has Comiket, where literally the vast majority are independent artists who are so goddamn numerous that booths are given away via a lottery system.

It also helps that Comiket is given an incredible amount of free pass with intellectual property at an unheard of level compared to the west. Not only that, you can buy these in retail stores like toranoana, melon books, or animate if you so choose without the harassment from original IP holders. That leads to prominent and long time artist circles who eventually become incredibly skilled, these are often the people that the manga/anime industry hire.
>>
File: 1417382537446.jpg (21KB, 313x235px)
1417382537446.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
>>141290980
>>141290319
Here's the thing, I don't really like western cartoons since I was indoctrinated into the weeb life at a very young age, but even I can tell you that most of these are really fucking pleb tier. Like, GENERIC FUCKING PLEB tier.

Here's what's actually worth watching from your list:

Tom and Jerry
Old Looney Toons
The Maxx,
Samurai Jack
Hey, Arnold!
old PPG
Dexter's Lab

Here's what's actually worth watching if you want to go slightly above pleb tier:

>>141290569
>For my personal recommendations, I'd say anything by the CN Trio (McCracken, Faust, and Tartakovsky)
+The old, old Disney animation shorts actually made by Walt Disney and co.
+The animated Disney movie classics up until they basically said fuck it in 2005
+MTV's Daria
+MTV's Downtown
+MTV's Aeon Flux
+Star Wars Clone Wars (Tartakovsky's work deserves a special mention here)
+Watership Down
+The Plague Dogs
+Anomalisa
+Rugrats
+Duckman
+The Secret of Kells
+Song of the Sea
+Coraline

One big thing that you need to understand is that there's a whole subculture of western animation and comics outside of North America.

It's the fucking French.

You just gotta learn french because those baguette faggots will never translate their shit internationally. Some of it is actually quite good.
>>
WTF happened?
West 1939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDcG79l7Rg
Japan 1963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1BJvPa_X8g
>>
>>141295402
Luckily it seems like streaming is the future.
>Netflix original anime
>Hulu and Amazon bidding over streaming rights for anime
>western companies directly funding studios for original content
Truly the future we live in
>>
>>141295691
>luckily
This sounds terrible for anime.
>>
>>141295763
Its da future baybe
>>
>>141290286
(Real Drive) (Kaiba)
(Allison & Lillia) (Daughter of Twenty Faces)

Four series from spring '08
>>
>>141294984
/co/ is very self conscious that their medium is shit compared to nip Anime. If course they'd be angrier and lash out
>>
>>141295763
It really depends. Netflix has already announced that they're giving their original anime projects the same sort of high budgets they give their live action stuff.

With that kind of dosh, the traditionally incredible thrifty Japanese studios could do some really amazing things, and they could even animate everything right the first time instead of doing it cheaply and praying that merch sales will finance fixes in the BD versions.

We might be seeing something of a return of the heyday of high-budget OVAs.
>>
>>141295680
>Superman
These were apparently shorts, and apparently made use of rotoscoping. Still, they look very good and have a much more cinematic quality to them than other American animation. Interesting that they made this kind of stuff and then just forgot about it.

>>141295459
You deduced that just from the schedule of one manga artist?

>>141295895
I just don't want Western companies having any sort of creative input.
>>
>>141295895
>It really depends. Netflix has already announced that they're giving their original anime projects the same sort of high budgets they give their live action stuff.
Source on that?
>>
>>141295965
They are the fuckers with the money and Netflix is pretty chill with original content as shown with Narcos.
It really falls down to the studio
>>
>Netflix funding
One foreseeable problem with this is that if they go for the netflix money, it's highly probably that the show will be an anime original. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it means it's a gamble. It can either be an incredibly well animated piece of shit or a gift from the gods that /a/ will masturbate over for generations.

Except the possibility of the former is way too high for comfort, and netflix may withdraw further funding if it flops too hard one too many times.

The best way would be to start off with getting the rights to an extremely popular not-yet-animated franchise. (M-MuvLuv Trillogy...?) But I'm not really sure how feasible that is.
>>
>>141296221
And maybe it will give them the leeway to do some things outside of the stagnant bullshit most studios produce 95% of the time.
>>
File: Inque.jpg (67KB, 677x508px)
Inque.jpg
67KB, 677x508px
Fuck you, Batman Beyond was great

I know you sick motherfuckers fapped to Inque. I bet you you'd cum at her voice, even now.
>>
>>141296519
Maybe Netflix can fund a few new seasons of that.
>>
>>141296501
The market will always center on stagnancy, anon. That's how this shit works.
>>
File: image.jpg (450KB, 1386x1385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450KB, 1386x1385px
>>141296221
>want quality content
>wants another muv luv adaptation
>>
>>141296221
Not a market analyst or anything, but I also foresee them going down the original anime run, something probably aimed at westerners.

From the googling that I've done, Production I.G has already gone down that route with Perfect Bones by basically dedicating as many staff members with successful western hits under their belts as possible to that project.

Netflix funded Ajin by the way.
>>
>>141296501
I don't disagree. I'm just saying you need to be careful what you toss your money at, and as far as I know the western producers aren't really prepared to deal with anime. If they fuck up, they'll be afraid to invest in making more.

Remember Heroman or Ultimo? Neither do most non-weeabs. Netflix needs to fund a AoT, OPM, Dragonbleapeace, not some experimental animation porn that only a small handful of turbonerds will care about. They can branch out after that, but they need to see returns on their investment first.

>>141296604
No, I don't want a shoestring budget fuckup like Tortilla Chips or a total rape of the original story like with Schwarzesmarken, I want a high budget real adaptation. (I realize it's practically impossible in reality, though)
>>
Can you like Cartoons and anime?
>>
>>141296690
I grew up watching Animaniacs and Mahoujin guruguru side by side, anon. I love them both.

I just hate the modern flash/3D bullshit "le raunchy comedy" or "cutesy childrens cartoon :D" that the west churns out nowadays.
>>
>>141296613
They didn't fund Ajin, they just did the same shit they did with NNT where they slapped their "Netflix Original" label on it after acquiring the streaming rights.
>>
>>141296732
SU is good, if you're OK with lesbian undertones.
>>
>>141296501
>the stagnant bullshit most studios produce 95% of the time
Except this is not actually true. But you wouldn't know that since you don't watch anime.

>>141296613
Did they really think Sakurako-san could be successful in the West?
>>
>>141296519
Well yeah most of the DCAU is good stuff.
>>
So what happens if Netflix pours money into Shaft?

Does everything move more, or do the powerpoint slides get more detailed?
>>
>>141296690
As a kid I religiously got up on saturday mornings for bugs bunny, captain planet, darkwing duck, etc. and even after I started watching anime in my teenage years I still enjoyed watching the 00s Justice League, Batman Beyond, and old WB Superman/Batman reruns.

There's nothing wrong with liking both, but as the years have dragged on there's been increasingly less western animation that immediately jumps out as appealing to me. At the very least, the type of cartoons I used to enjoy don't really exist any more. Maybe I should give newer western shows a chance, I dunno, but the floppy thick-line art style that's been popular in the last decade is an instant turnoff to me.
>>
>Comparing anime and cartoons literally made for retarded american kids.
>>
>>141296865
Less clipping and animation errors like cgi cars passing through each other(wtf)
The limited movement is stylistic
>>
>>141268616
Because they are serious business in Japan. Animation in the west, especially the US is still seen to be for kids or at the very least family friendly.
>>
>>141268616
>comparing something for children to something for man children
>>
>>141296944
It's more serious business in the west. It's just less competition. Companies don't normally spend hundreds of millions of dollars for super computers that can render well animated wood.
>>
>>141296999
Stuff like Zootopia is serious business production and box-office wise, but that's about it.
>>
I'm not really sure how to put it properly, but Japans animation industry feels more organic, whereas the American animation industry seems more calculated and focused on return on investment.

Don't get me wrong, Japan panders to otaku. But it feels different. Like the american model calculates exactly what plot element/design/animal will sell to the greatest amount of people for the greatest amount of ad revenue/ticket price.

Japan feels like the artist has more creative control and the producer/editor then chooses which one to invest in. Of course, there are always exceptions (like YYH getting fucked up by jump editors). But it feels like much less in comparison.
>>
>>141297202
>Japan panders to otaku
People keep saying this but nobody can ever prove it.
>>
>>141294984
Why is /co/ a bunch of pussies? I've never seen so many people getting wound up for a little dirty joke.
>>
>>141294984
>All those responses

Their stupidity frightens me.
>>
>>141297202
>Japan feels like the artist has more creative control and the producer/editor then chooses which one to invest in.
Are you honto ni? I feel exact opposite.
Animation industry simply not exist in the west.
>>
>>141297202
There is indeed a mass collection of genres and unique premises in manga.

However, I'm sure we can all name many many harem school battle comedy VR gaming anime that have sprung up every year.

These keep getting made because they tend to sell, right? Or, at least it's a better gamble to adapt from an existing IP than an original story.
>>
>>141297414
>Animation industry simply not exist in the west.
I mean, that is patently untrue. It's certainly smaller but it definitely exists and some would argue it's currently going through a renaissance.
>>
>>141296690
Of course, so long as you are able to understand and respect the different cultural expectations of the medium.
>>
>>141285578
As someone who works in the industry, the issue isn't lack of talent, the issue is no one is hiring. Major TV shows aren't looking for high talent anymore, they want someone who can work the tween function in Flash.

Things like Avatar are the exception these days. Almost all animators with any skill have either switched to 2d video games, (see any of LabZero's stuff and staff), moved overseas (BahiJD as the most prominent example) or onto other career paths entirely.

The only people who are in 2d animation are tumblr artists that have never done a figure study in their life because that's what the industry wants.
>>
>>141297414
Not him, but I've gotten the impression that production committees and television networks have minimal involvement in anime production. I mean, there isn't that "executive meddling" that's apparently common on American television. The animators are left to their own devices. And in most cases the story they're working with is a manga or light novel made by one person.
>>
Why do modern cartoons make every character a bumbling idiot like Teen Titans and PPF remakes?
>>
>>141282769
hes shit, only good as a voice actor sort of
>>
>>141297527
new ppg is sjw to the extreme. First episodes about how women are stronger than men, then there's the bubbles programming episode where shes some super hacker. quote "if you nurture your talent for programming it could grow into something something".

also its ridden with animation errors in every episode.
>>
>>141297460
>renaissance
having all your shows look simplistic and the same is barely anything but terrible
>>
>>141268616
They have to push DVD/BDs, manga and merchandise to survive. Most notably they are created by entities separate from the broadcasters.

American cartoons are solely living on ad revenue. As opposed to Japan, the cartoons are fully owned by the broadcasting network.

While the gook has to earn his rice every day, the nigga gets fed by the man.
>>
File: 1462591286375.jpg (536KB, 1350x1748px)
1462591286375.jpg
536KB, 1350x1748px
You have to admit. They're fun to laugh at.
>>
>>141297635
Arigato gozaimasu ^_^
>>
File: 21.jpg (52KB, 852x480px)
21.jpg
52KB, 852x480px
>>141296547
I fucking wish.

>>141296855
It was a nice time to be alive, I'll admit.

Only time I've popped a boner at a fat black woman, I think.
>>
File: Tron-Uprising.png (380KB, 600x400px)
Tron-Uprising.png
380KB, 600x400px
>>141291754
Don't remind me, man
A lot of other painful memories are returning now
>>
>>141290319
>You gotta watch the old ones
Literally /v/ mentality. Are you going to rewatch Cowboy Bebop for the 13th time too?
>>
>no mention of Over The Garden Wall
>>
Regardless of what you're writing, being a good writer requires you to be fairly charismatic and intelligent. In the west, a mixture of politics and nepotism are currently placing the worst kinds of pseudo intellectuals into many of our creative writing jobs.

Is it really any wonder that a bunch of witless, completely unlikable cunts who are out of touch with reality pump out trash?
>>
File: animatednigga.jpg (129KB, 1280x718px)
animatednigga.jpg
129KB, 1280x718px
>>141268616
i enjoyed watching this, though they are animated by them Koreans
>>
>>141296958
This. Western cartoon's demographic is Children. In case of Disney/Dreamwork's movies, they're made for Everyone. Modern anime's demographic is young adults who have money to buy BD.
>>
>>141268616

>>141268616

It all depends on what you're looking for.

Cartoons are generally made for young audiences here, but the more successful ones, and really the good ones, in that category, have a lot of overlap appeal like old Spongebob and, yes, Adventure Time. I've heard that Steven Universe show might be good, but it seems even more SJW-oriented than Adventure Time, which is already pushing it at this point.

But here's the thing: there just isn't the equivalent of what anime does in western markets because what anime started out as was adaptations of manga--there are probably exceptions, but not many, and the comic market in NA is almost exclusively superhero stuff, and elsewhere its, you know, newspaper comics, of which only the ones appealing to children were every made into cartoons---like, there was never a Doonsbery comic, and strips like Baby Blues that did get series couldn't compete against sitcoms that were probably a lot cheaper to produce, in part because key animators here aren't willing to work for peanuts (note: this is probably the answer to your question, Japanese animation is cheaper to crank out because the characters designers, key animators and everyone not in Korea, are all suckers who work for less than they should).

Of course, there's shows like Family Guy or The Simpsons, but their animation and drawing style isn't really different from that of children's cartoons, and while the Simpons once had real stories and characters with feeling and depth, now its just a gag reel.

Basically, the reason why there is nothing like a Hibike Euphoneum over here is because here, if you wanted to tell this story, you'd do it as a live action show and it's tone would be different because the cinematography would be a lot different, it would be less playful, etc. And then there are great shows like Gatchaman Crowds or Penguindrum that would be impossible to do as live action, but has a chance to exist because anime is already there as a medium.
>>
>>141300157
Anime has lower wages, but it's also much more faster and efficient. American animation also is very wasteful with its money, with The Simpsons paying a single voice actor $300,000 per episode. Episodes usually spend 9 months in production, which is ridiculous.
>>
File: beatrix the first.png (181KB, 374x374px)
beatrix the first.png
181KB, 374x374px
>>141296221
>>141296604
>>141296668
>reminder of what could have been with SM
>reminder of what we got instead

Even now, the pain is still fresh.
>>
>>141275737
The world needs more shows like Super Jail
>>
>>141282769
I like American dad. Unlike Family guy they usually stick to the same plot the entire episode and don't throw in random twists every 2 minutes so nothing ever makes sense. The jokes are also a lot more character jokes and plot related than constant fucking throwbacks out of nowhere.
>>
>>141287775
It's a form of social media used by the elderly, it's grown vastly in popularity ever since Obama told us his nana uses it regularly
>>
>>141288281
Yeah. They literally said they didn't watch the ones they didn't feel like watching
>>
Cartoon's target audience is children, which isn't the case for (most) anime.
Unlike popular belief, most of the anime is actually late night anime, and very few, like PreCure or other shows air on sunday morning.
>inb4 anime isn't targeted for children, but for manchildren
>>
File: Pham care till the end stitch.jpg (924KB, 1280x1309px) Image search: [Google]
Pham care till the end stitch.jpg
924KB, 1280x1309px
>>141296604
Tell me /a/ - why is it so hard for ML to ever get a decent budget show going? And with a good director?

TE did okay in that regard, but even that wasn't enough.
>>
>>141287820
Original Powerpuff girls was fantastic.
>>
When it comes to TV shows for kids there's a lack of story in general, it's all just episodic shit. Even more so with animation. I'm surprised Avatar didn't start a trend in west.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 559x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 559x510px
>>141281760
The comic artist fear the samurai
>>
>>141292247
It doesn't, but it has a spectacular animation budget and I can't say I've seen an anime with funnier jokes.
>>
File: image.gif (866KB, 500x375px)
image.gif
866KB, 500x375px
>>141297494
>twin function in flash

That triggers me to so much

And I'm not even a animator but a mathematician
>>
>>141292041
>Implying this isn't true anyway
>>
>>141289714
It's popular despite the fact it sucks is what I understood.
We can't blame him for saying something that obvious, we can't help that people watching US TV show are a little simple.
>>
File: 1462575184453.jpg (413KB, 801x800px)
1462575184453.jpg
413KB, 801x800px
>>141300157
I'm not expecting American studios to produce anything like Hibike! It's just that when I put Luluco next to Adventure time, Luluco proved to me to be the better show, depsite the fact that they're both nonsensical comedies, and have about the same run time.
>>
File: iroh.jpg (38KB, 786x600px) Image search: [Google]
iroh.jpg
38KB, 786x600px
Closest thing that comes to mind is the original Avatar series, it was on an entirely different level for a kids' show, and even adults could watch it and learn something.
>>
>>141288971
DAYOOOOOON
>>
>>141288492
I mean they are for the most part. Pixar studios consistently creates animated movies that become a part of mainstream media. Of course their level of animation is nothing close to what anime is.
>>
Rocko's Modern Life
Courage the cowardly dog
Tom and Jerry
Loony Toons
Scooby doo
PPG
Hey Arnold!
Samurai Jack
Spongebob
Johnny Bravo
Wild Thonberries
Rugrats
Ed,Edd & Eddy
Dexter's Lab

How shit is my taste?
>>
File: 1461273527617.jpg (296KB, 1280x720px)
1461273527617.jpg
296KB, 1280x720px
>>141303169
Original PPG is now seen as problematic
The girls now twerk and meme
>>
>>141306836
childhood/10
I'm sure you will love the reboots.
>>
I don't know how people can stand the lousy production values and character design of American shows.
>>
File: 1461338318690.webm (265KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461338318690.webm
265KB, 1280x720px
>>141307103
Kids won't notice
>>
>>141307475
I've seen people really say that in defense of American shows.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20710/
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22730/
>>
File: 1461298622274.webm (1MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461298622274.webm
1MB, 852x480px
>>141307747
Damn
>>
>>141307021
I HATE this style almost all characters in American cartoons get drawn now.
>>
Japan just produces a ton more stuff, which means it produces a lot more good stuff because of Sturgeon's Law.

And Japan produces more stuff because Western workers are overpaid crybabies.
>>
>>141279705
Why are the horses' face so adorable?
I remembered them being abominable horse faces, not this anime style cuteness.
fuck you for making me want to watch it
>>
>>141272726
It's only MacFarlane garbage in the beginning. It gets exponentially better towards the more recent seasons. I don't know about the TBS seasons but the last Fox ones were amazing.
>>
>>141287820
She actually said it. She actually just fucking said it, holy fucking shit.
>>
>>141289654
Me. Archer is fucking golden.
>>
>>141282575
What's Steven Universe? It's produced by a SJW.
>>
>>141268616
Playing to /a/'s fetishes =/= good

Most anime are objectively shit and treated as such in Japan.
>>
>>141299707
came to post this.
>>
>>141307475
>>141307849
absolutely zero pride in their work.

Both of these are absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>141312108
>Most anime are objectively shit and treated as such in Japan.
/co/ mad as hell, as usual.
>>
>>141312451
>Implying /co/

No, I'm just honest about what I watch.
>>
>>141290050
Western novels would rather go for live action movie or tv show than consider a cartoon adaptation.
>>
>>141312607
Let me guess, you only watch manly anime right?
>>
>>141297635
>American cartoons are solely living on ad revenue. As opposed to Japan, the cartoons are fully owned by the broadcasting network.

Imagine if American cartoons weren't reliant on ad revenue and more similar to the Japanese model
>>
>>141312702
Light novels arent even real novels
>>
>>141297322
>nobody can ever prove it
It actually has been proved, several times, you just need to see how the japanese otaku culture is and you'll realize it's true, unless you're just a contrarian kid that just wants to be against what he thinks most people think.
>>
>>141312907
That's wrong though. They are as much a novel as the next.
>>
>>141312607
>I'm just a casual and stereotypically Western viewer
Fixed.

>>141312924
>It actually has been proved, several times
How?
>>
>>141312907
A comparable genre in the west to LN in Japan are the books labeled Young Adult, and even those all seek a movie or live action TV deal and hardly if ever are turned into a TV cartoon series.
>>
Manga authors are NOT as revered as doctors and teacher what the hell /a/. Most japs are lucky to even meet or see a mangaka in their lifetime

Even then, sensei is only applied to the most succesful manga authors like togashi and takashi
>>
>>141275737
this is horrible
>>
Why does /a/ hate South Park? I find it funny unlike Family Guy.
>>
>>141313627
fun is pleb emotion. There is literally nothing good in being fun.
>>
Because social justice warriors
>>
>>141313627
Dead baby humor

South park is too political for them
>>
>>141272174
Rick and Morty.
>>
>>141313883
nice baiting
>>
Because voice actors want to be paid more.
>>
>>141312993
>How?
Here? Through words, links to some studies and I think a couple of documentaries, but I'm not sure about the last one.

Outside of /a/? Preety much the same, but with less shitposting

Want to see how? Make a research, it's not that hard.
>>
>>141313917
I love the /a/ mentality that if something is mainstream it can't be good. You call people Tumblr faggots yet here you prove for me that you try to be a special snowflake by being contrarian trash.
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>141313978
>lol just research it
So as usual, there's no evidence.
>>
is this considered western?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCY7WeGMd8M
>>
They should just remake Watership Down.
>>
>>141314068
>I'm too stupid too make a research
That's ok, someday you'll stop being a lazy bastard.
>>
>>141314068
>there's no evidence
Prove it.
>>
>>141314261
The onus is on you to provide evidence.

People have claimed over and over again that there's "pandering" going on in anime, and every single time they fail to prove it. It's a religious belief at this point.

>>141314277
The burden of proof is not on me.
>>
I'm surprise that no one remembered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZmU0aGmcc
>>
>>141313798
You're a moron anything on TV is made for entertainment and when people find something fun that means its entertaining which is the purpose of anything on TV
>>
>>141291654
Stop while you're behind.
>>
File: 1409572127790.png (167KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1409572127790.png
167KB, 306x273px
What happened to /a/ where threads like this can persist with off-topic discussion for a day? This thread is nothing more than an excuse for crossboarders to discuss their vile habits openly.
>>
>>141314321
>I'm not the one that needs to prove it XD
Typical.
>>
>>141314387
The old /a/ died when lolis are outlawed.
>>
>>141314396
It's typical because it's how things work. When you make a claim it's up to you to prove it.
>>
>>141314443
No, you made a claim, now prove it, prove that there's no evidence.
>>
>>141314321
>can't make a simple search
>compares anything to religion
Don't do that kid.
>>
>>141314506
That's not how it works.

It's up to you to prove that pandering exists. Period.
>>
too dumb differentiating violence and sexualizing. Japan has the moe and lolicon industry and women want the UN to shut them down; meanwhile we have toddlers to young teens in beauty pageants getting botox and chemicals injected into them. How is that not sexual abuse? Japan does fiction that doesn't harm anybody. Ameruca pollutes and damages brain cells by all this femenism crap. TLC is a joke and I'm suck of shows featuring the lives of a family about their kids.
>>
>>141275737
average humor and characters, low-tier animation, music is pleasant; I kinda enjoyed the poodle's attempt to find some kind of catharsis or "lesson" to she and her friend's shenanigans but constantly failing to do so, but it's been done before.

>>141276091
me rn more or less
>>
American animation falls into two categories: comedy (which itself falls into adult and children) and superhero animation. When those are your only two fucking choices, it's no wonder American animation is so limited.
>>
>>141314533
>can't make a simple search
I don't have to search for anything.

>compares anything to religion
It's a completely valid comparison.

>Don't do that kid.
I'm in my thirties.
>>
>>141314580
*daytime american animation

Its the same in japan
>>
>>141287498
>>141287925
but wait there's more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k58wihIiyR4&t=1m0s
>>
>>141314541
>n-no u
Why? I'm not >>141313978

You were the one that stated that pandering doesn't exist and that there's no proof of it, now you have to provide evidence of that, I think an intelligent individual that claims to be in his thirties, like you do on >>141314582,
should know that already.
>>
>>141314580
Don't forget horror and indie titles. You have sponge mcfaggotry channel, sitcoms targeted for young girls while the next door neighbor hosts shows on life support,and another filled with SJWs and noodle arms.
>>
>>141314582
>I don't have to search for anything.
You don't want to search for it, there's a difference

>It's a completely valid comparison.

Explain how

>I'm in my thirties
Sure thing kiddo
>>
Thread is pretty invalid from the beginning when you comparing late night anime with daytime cartoons

Funny how the kimoota always target america and ignore europe
>>
>>141314647
No, it isn't the same as Japan. And what late night animation equivalent to anime is there in America?

>>141314675
People claim that it exists but nobody can provide evidence.

Do you have evidence or not?

>>141314745
>You don't want to search for it, there's a difference
If you claim that pandering exists you must prove it.

>Explain how
There is no evidence that pandering exists, yet people widely believe it does and refuse to change their belief even when it's demonstrated that it's completely unsupported by evidence.

>Sure thing kiddo
Prove that I'm a child.
>>
>>141275737
I want to fuck that rabbit. Shit show though.
>>
>>141314838
>And what late night animation equivalent to anime is there in America?
Adult swim and possibly south park/sethmcfarlane
>>
>>141314387
Would you like to talk about how terrible Israel is? I like talking about how terrible Israel is. Israel is pretty fucking terrible.
>>
>>141314387
I would like to spout nonsense again, but let me check the archives.
>>
>>141314387
>muh crossboarder boogeyman

Get fked nerd
>>
>>141314919
South Park is an adult comedy show. And what has MacFarlane done?
>>
>>141314838
>do you have a evidence or not
You're claming that it doesn't exists and yet you don't provide any evidence, do you have evidence that it doesn't exist or not?
>>
Where did it all go wrong for animation in the west? What was the expact point where it got that stigma?
>>
>>141315052
Nobody has provided any evidence, therefore I am saying it doesn't exist. If you are saying it does exist then why don't you post it?
>>
>>141315070
Nothing

Cartoons have always been for children
>>
>>141282575
sailor moon exists and that's full of lgbt stuff.
>>
>>141315043
So what, south park is still animated
>>
Not all cartoons are bad just a lot of them, probably most of them.

The Venture Bros is pretty good. Metalocalypse is/was good(haven't watched in a few years though), Archer is decent. South Park is decent.

As far as children's shows, Gravity Falls isn't bad. I kinda lost interest with it after like 6 episodes but it was enjoyable at the time.
>>
>>141315129
>full of lgbt stuff
No
>>
>>141315131
Did anyone say it isn't animated?
>>
>>141315097
Thats a nice falacy you have there, but sadly for you, falacies aren't evidence and therefore, you have no proof and no point.
>>
Anime has proper romance and other genres. Not everything is a comedy or slapstick.
>>
>>141314838
>If you claim that pandering exists you must prove it.
Same goes to you, if you claim that pandering doesn't exist, you must prove it

>There is no evidence that pandering exists, yet people widely believe it does and refuse to change their belief even when it's demonstrated that it's completely unsupported by evidence.

Except there is evidence of pandering

>Prove that I'm a child
By the way you're using basic filosofy, edgy comments about religion and that you're trying to be a contrarian, you're either 14 or you're retarded.
>>
Cartoons are for children while anime for manchildren.
>>
>>141315267
Eternal blueballing isnt romance
>>
>>141315173
Most of the cast are bisexual, or lesbians how is that not lgbt.
The only thing it has going for it, over steven universe or something is that the character's sexualities don't take over their entire character
>>
>>141315247
It isn't a fallacy, it's simply how things work.

So I take it that you have no evidence to support your claim?

>>141315272
The burden of proof is on you.

>Except there is evidence of pandering
Then post it.

You people sure have spent an awful lot of time bullshitting and evading instead of posting any evidence.

>By the way you're using basic filosofy, edgy comments about religion and that you're trying to be a contrarian, you're either 14 or you're retarded.
What basic philosophy? What edgy comments? What contrarianism?
>>
>>141315344
The sailor scouts arent lgbt until start scissoring in canon
>>
SO question for those here familiar with both: What's the major differences between Jap and Western cartoons outside of the animation? I can look at it and go, "yeah that looks terrible," but then I don't want to watch it to learn how it's different in terms of societal values or whatever because it looks terrible. I'm still curious about it though. Are they even all that different?
>>
>>141315356
It is a fallacy, do you know what fallacy means?
>>
>>141315356
>Except there is evidence of pandering
I'm not gonna make the search for you kid.

>What basic philosophy? What edgy comments? What contrarianism?

Read your posts again.
>>
>>141315554
Your mom was a fallacy.
>>
File: catwoman.webm (3MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
catwoman.webm
3MB, 1920x1072px
>>141288466
>>141282669
DC really should just stick with their cartoons
>>
>>141315554
It isn't.

Do you have proof or not?

>>141315565
>I'm not gonna make the search for you kid.
Then you are saying the evidence doesn't exist.

And I'm not a kid. And you can't prove otherwise.

>Read your posts again.
So you can't explain what you're talking about.

It's always the same shit with you pandering cultists.
>>
>>141315547
Most japanese animation is made in masse and is targeted to jobless young adults/adults

Western animation is fewer and is to be consumed by kids preteens

The difference is mainly how they are marketed/invested on. The quality of animation/writing/script is purely subjective
>>
Because cartoons are braindead and expect children to be, while anime are often inspirational/psychological without trying to be cynical. Even the most basic shounen anime like Naruto and One Piece have plotlines and expect the viewer to follow character motives and creeds, and the pure slice of life shows like Non-non biyori and Sketchbook which seem to follow no structure other than daily life set an enviornment to make the observer think, if about nothing else about how there's so much beauty in the little things.
>>
>>141289095
>>141289067
it can get a little preachy with the meta-analysis imo, but it feels like an actual cartoon even then, doesn't take itself too seriously
>>
>>141315644
>targeted to jobless young adults/adults
This is a meme.

>The quality of animation/writing/script is purely subjective
Anime has vastly superior production values, filmmaking and writing and massively more variety.
>>
>>141315674
This post is embarassing
>>
>>141315628
It is, why would you say it isn't? please explain.
>>
>>141315628
And about the edginess, you're using basic philosophy, and you're making use of a basic ignorance falacy, again, if you don't know what that is, you can make a search, taking of course, that you know how to use a search engine.

About the contrarian part, you clearly don't want to know if what people is saying it's true or not, you just want to say you're against what they claim, if you would want to know you would've made a little research, but you didn't, just like a typical contrarian kid.
>>
>>141315547
As far as art style anime characters tend to be more detailed but they don't move around whole lot outside of facial expressions and gestures and the occasional walking/running. Western animation has low detailed character models but they have more freedom to move around. It's easier to animate a noodle than it is to animate a detailed character.

Anime tends to have an overall plot that the main characters are following. Cartoons will not always have a plot and even shows that have one don't necessarily have to be watched in chronological order.
>>
>>141315751
>>141315644
Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking more about like how the creators of cartoons in a certain society might inject that societies ideals into the media they create. How this might differ between East and West.
>>
>>141315852
Why would you say it is?

>>141315892
Why would there be anything wrong with using basic philosophy? How have I "made use" of a "basic ignorance fallacy"?

>you clearly don't want to know if what people is saying it's true or not
I have asked again and again for people to post evidence.

>if you would want to know you would've made a little research
It's not my job to do your research for you. If you are claiming that pandering exists then it's up to you to prove it.

>just like a typical contrarian kid.
I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise.
>>
The answer is short time span. I also blame schools for sexualizing our children and introduced to them drugs. Peer pressure is no joke. Also 16 is the right age fir marriage and to have kids, but school just stopped young girls from having kids early yet you see an uprise of DS and autist babies. And people need to stop changing their genders and safe spaces. I'm sick of cultural enrichment and sjw crap polluting shows in america.
>>
>>141291798
Because Avatar had enough episodes to flesh everything out
>>
>>141315962
>I have asked again and again for people to post evidence.
And yet, you don't want to make your own research, you just want to tell people you're against them

>It's not my job to do your research for you
That's what I've been telling you kid.

>I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise.
It's not my job to prove that you're a kid, although I already did, it's your job to prove that you're not, and you're not doing it.
>>
>>141315962
Why would you say it is?
>>
>>141316018
Yes. This. Thank you.
>>
>>141316129
I don't have to do any research. You are making the claim so you must provide the evidence.

>That's what I've been telling you kid.
It IS your job, and I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise.

>It's not my job to prove that you're a kid
You claimed I am one, so it IS your job to prove I am one. Which you have failed to do.
>>
>>141314087
Holy shit i want this show on my hdd now. The memories
>>
>>141289067
Courage the Cowardly Dog was fucking amazing!
I remember watching it as a kid, had nightmares for weeks thanks to the CGI ghost-thing episode.
>>
>>141316199
>I don't have to do any research
Of course you don't, you just want to be a contrarian, why would a contrarian do any research?

>I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise
I already did. Now it's your job to try to prove you're not one. After all, if you claim you're not a kid you sure can prove it, right?
>>
>>141316354
You are claiming that pandering exists, which places the burden of proof on you. You have to prove it exists. I don't have to prove it doesn't exist. I don't have to do any research. That's how things work whether you like it or not.

>I already did.
Where? How?
>>
>>141315326
OK. There are actual romance shows though.
>>
So cute seeing this thread when the japanese public pay more for disney flicks
>>
>>141272174
Venture bros
>>
>>141316459
Spirited Away is the highest grossing movie of all time in Japan.
>>
>>141316542
frozen ourgrossed spirited away in japan
>>
>>141316408
Again, if you were actually interested in the subject, and not just trying to be contrarian kid with the last word on the argument, you would have already made your own research to see if it's true or not

>Where? How?
I did in >>141315565 and >>141315892
I'm guessing you were just asking to say something like "no you didn't" or "that doesn't prove it", even though it does prove it, because you can't prove you're not a kid.
>>
>>141316182
Even worse, the thought of child porn is unacceptable, yet we allow women under 20 to whote themselves with makeup and botox for beauty pageants and yes all the way from early childhood because their selfish mother ants to make or win money off them by eating junk and injecting hormones. And yet thet say japan sexualizes children?
>>
>>141316616
Frozen almost ourgrossed spirited away in japan and its not even the best disney movie

Not counting the endless merchandise
>>
>>141316616
http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2014/06/04/frozen-ranks-as-third-biggest-hit-in-japan/

Frozen is also not indicative of how American animated movies normally perform.

Where are you going with this anyway?

>>141316655
The burden of proof is on you. Do you have evidence or not?

>I did in >>141315565 and >>141315892
And then you failed to say anything in response to my counter-arguments. Try again.
>>
>>141316799
The burden of proof it's not on me, it's on you, that's how things work

>And then you failed to say anything in response to my counter-arguments
what counter argument? the "you can't prove I'm not a kid" phrase you posted? that's not a counter-argument, try again kiddo.
>>
>>141316799
>>141316883
And I forgot to add, you're not making anything to disproof that you're just a contrarian.
>>
>>141316883
If you claim that pandering exists, you have to prove that it does. This is how it works. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

>what counter argument?
Really? You're pretending you don't know? >>141315962

>try again kiddo
I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise.
>>
>>141316952
You have to prove that I'm a contrarian.
>>
>>141316953
If you claim that pandering deosn't exist, you have to prove that it doesn't. This is how it works. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

>what counter argument?
Really? You're pretending you don't know? >>141315962

Except I already answered to that post, why are you pretendingI didn't?

>I'm not a kid and you can't prove otherwise.
>You have to prove that I'm a contrarian.
You have to prove you're not a contrarian nor a kid, I already posted proof that you are, now you're just repeating that you're not, without any backup to your clamings, and you're trying to ignore my ansers, just like a contrarian kid will do, which adds to the list of evidences.
>>
>>141315674
>anime are often inspirational/psychological without trying to be cynical. Even the most basic shounen anime like Naruto a
Oh please, most anime "philosophy" is juvenile at best and can be summed up in four words

Just because they use fancier words on a dark backdrop doesnt mean its DEEP
>>
>>141300364

It's nothing to do with speed and efficiency, its called cutting corners and paying slave wages. The reason it takes American cartoons that long to do is because they have a much higher frame-per-second count and spend much more time correcting animation mistakes. How many "QUALITY" threads are there on /co/? Not many.

But really, your comparing apples to orange, because The Simpsons is a primetime show with iconic characters without whom the show would not be able to go on. Fox made a wise investment paying them.

Anime is not like this, at least not late-night anime. It is a subculture even in Japan, not a mainstream culture. And the only reason it exists is because of the collectivism of Japanese culture that makes it okay to pay Key Animators $9500 a year while working 80 hours a week.

Just look at this incident with Rick and Morty: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-fuck-the-union-103723.html the animators said they were being mistreated and wouldn't take it anymore, and seeing as their skill is something not easily replaced, their value was recognized and they reworked their deal. This would never happen in Japan, because somehow the feeling of accomplishment you get for animating Generic Harem Show S2 is supposed to compensate for you inability to pay your rent.
>>
>>141298170
He actually mentioned more current series towards the end, so I'm a bit confused.
>>
Should we have a new thread?
>>
>>141317129
>If you claim that pandering deosn't exist, you have to prove that it doesn't. This is how it works. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.
You are just acting like a fucking child now.

>Except I already answered to that post, why are you pretendingI didn't?
Where did you answer:
>Why would there be anything wrong with using basic philosophy? How have I "made use" of a "basic ignorance fallacy"?

>You have to prove you're not a contrarian nor a kid
Burden of proof is on you.

>I already posted proof that you are
Correction: you TRIED to post proof.

>>141317214
Animation quality is about a lot more than framerate, and the very first thing I said in that post was that anime has lower wages.

Anime production is fast and efficient whether you like it or not.

>And the only reason it exists is because of the collectivism of Japanese culture that makes it okay to pay Key Animators $9500 a year while working 80 hours a week.
There are a lot of reasons why it exists. /co/ apologists keep bringing up the low wages as an excuse. "We could be just like anime if we paid animators as little as Japan!" But no, you couldn't. There's a lot more to it to than that, such as America not taking animation seriously at all.

Also, animators don't all get paid the same amount in Japan. It depends on your experience and skill and who's paying you.
>>
>>141317400
No
>>
>>141317425
>America not taking animation seriously at all
What is there to take seriously about a childrens product?
>>
>>141317513
They are children's products precisely because they are not taken seriously, though as anime shows children's animation doesn't have to be dumbed down and cheap.
>>
>>141317575
Who are you kidding, most anime dont even take animation seriously

Look at toei, look at ever hentai, look at most shows in the season that arent kyoani
>>
>>141317425
>You are just acting like a fucking child now.
That's a great counter-argument, kid. Oh, and by the way, that's sarcasm

>the burden of proof is on you
Actually, it's not, it's on you now.

> How have I "made use" of a "basic ignorance fallacy"?
Well, I told you to reread your posts, anyone who knows what ignorance fallacy is would know why your posts are a great example of that. Again, if you don't know what ignorance fallacy is, you can make your research.

>Correction: you TRIED to post proof.
No, I did posted evidence and proved my point.

Apparently you can't make a counter-argument and you're just trying to have the last word, that's cute, I'll let you have it, you're just gonna repeat yourself anyways.
>>
>>141317719
>Who are you kidding, most anime dont even take animation seriously
They do.

>Look at toei
They take animation seriously.

>look at ever hentai
Hentai is porn and has nothing to do with TV anime, movie anime and regular OVAs.

>look at most shows in the season that arent kyoani
Unlike you, I have in fact looked at most shows in a season.

>>141317806
You are again acting like a child.

>Actually, it's not, it's on you now.
No. There is no reason why it would be.

>Well, I told you to reread your posts, anyone who knows what ignorance fallacy is would know why your posts are a great example of that.
So you can't explain where I've used it and what it even is.

>No, I did posted evidence and proved my point.
Stop lying.

>Apparently you can't make a counter-argument
Projection.

>you're just trying to have the last word
I will never understand why so many people try to use this random accusation as an "argument." I have no idea what the rationale behind it is.
>>
>>141317878
>hentai doesnt count as anime

This is where youre wrong
>>
>>141318246
I didn't say it isn't anime and you know it. You are blatantly lying about what I said.
>>
>>141318291
I wasnt wrong, hentai is still animation made in japan

Then you tell me 'it has nothing to do'
>>
>>141318400
I never said it isn't animation made in Japan. Stop lying you piece of shit.
>>
>>141318448
So what was the point of 'hentai is porn'

I thought it was about attutudes. If nips had such a high standard and value animation so much then why does 80% of japanimation look like shit?
>>
>>141318645
Hentai is porn and has hardly anything to do with the rest of the anime industry. Hentai is utterly irrelevant.

>If nips had such a high standard and value animation so much then why does 80% of japanimation look like shit?
Anime is the best looking animation in the world.
>>
>>141318684
hentai not relevant when a number of A-list producers, animators and VOICE ACTORS had their hands on adult stuff?
>>
>>141318859
No, not relevant. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>141318881
You sound pressed
>>
>>141319217
You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you also think porn is really important to Hollywood.
>>
>>141287444
Saleshitter pls
>>
What's with this recent bug where it takes an hour for a thread to drop off the last page?
>>
>>141319247
>The entire film industry of the west is hollywood
You dumbfuck
>>
>>141319718
I never said anything of the sort, dumbfuck.
Thread posts: 532
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.