[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just what is "magic"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 20

90% of this board is LARPing. But I wanna know the truth about the other 10%. I'm studying physics, but I still think there are more things than the material world. So, I'll ask you this, and I expect legit answers, not "lurk moar faggt": Is "magic" real? I downloaded a couple of books a while ago, read some of them, and most of them were rubbish that reminded me of the "wicca uwu" shit on Tumblr.

I don't believe in fairies, spirit forests and shit. That's absolute horsecock, and we all know it. However, I am open to "Eldritch Horrors" since aliens surely exist. Energy manipulation I could buy as well. Spirits, souls and all that... verdict's still out... I lean towards Deism myself.

Why do you ask if you're such a "non-believe", you may wonder. Well, lots of people in my family have had experiences with Christian Saints appearing in front of them or helping in some way. So I'm curious wether those saints just managed to tap into what we call "magic" or something.

>inb4 capeshit
Eh, sue me, I like comics.
>>
File: 1500317385266.jpg (48KB, 499x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500317385266.jpg
48KB, 499x800px
Wants to know more, call's stuff horsecock when you know fuck all about it :)

I won't even say lurk moar because you won't find any proof around here.
>>
>Believes in aliens but not spirits.
>Has never done DMT.
>>
>>19364717
Gee wiz, dunno, maybe because there universe is vast and most likely life exists on other planets as well? It's much more logical than "invisible ghosts of people who died but only I and my illuminated friends can see". Even if the latter was true, the former is much more likely.

>>19364715
Eh, I gotta grab your attention somehow. "Plez teach me magik uwu" would've been ignored by most.
>>
AFAIK, "magic" is the manipulation of the energy that surrounds everything, through sheer force of will and concentration. Or something... I'm here for the creepy monsters, really. Read some... "Crowley", I think was his name. They say he's good.
>>
>>19364704
>Eh, sue me, I like comics.

No you dont, youre a just some faggot that watches movies.

If you were an actual comic book nerd you would have been in the trenches at comic book shops surrounded by fat smelly guys looking for back issues of gen x instead of just watching the same formulaic cape shit movies spammed over and over again.

As for magic, its about putting your will or desire or worship into the hive mind of humanity
>>
>>19364760
>sees fanart
>must be cazul

Newsflash anon, we're not all Americans with LCS. I get my subs once a month through mail. I have thousands of floppies and terabytes worth of pirated stuff. And not just capes. Not every nerd is a smelly fat loser you know. Also

>gen X
>not the superior gen 13

Pls anon. Next you'll tell me you enjoyed X-Treme X-Men...
>>
File: VIisland.jpg (51KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
VIisland.jpg
51KB, 480x680px
>is magic real
Are you sure that's something you'd want to find out?
>>
>>19364704
Why do you ask a bunch of larpers? I made a thread with my experiences so far, the most dumb thing is the only thing that yielded any results for me, and I doubt I could replicate them if I tried again.
>>
>>19364704
If you want to learn about real stuff, and not Tumblr Shit, you need to research the esoteric, occultism and ancient religions. Pic related is a pretty pleb tier book on the subject but is a good place to start. if you're a beginner.

You would be surprised how many of histories great minds and scientists where interested in unknown, esotericism, spirits, and the like.
>>
>>19364704
I am not suggesting you become a Freemason but Morals and Dogma is a good place to start. In all honesty its a rather dry read but it lays out a great number of concepts in a way that is easy enough to understand. I would also pick up a copy of The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall, it also is a great place to start.

http://www.benpadiah.com/otherstuff/elib/religious/AlbertPike_MoralsAndDogma.pdf
>>
Magic is quantum physics, asserting your will and consciousness to make change. Reality is shaped by our shared subconscious, if you're powerful enough you can manifest your thoughts to alter it. The rituals and stuff aren't required, they just help focus your power on a mental level.
>>
>>19364704
Spirits are real though.
>>
>>19364704
Five faggots, just like OP, make this thread a day, together we can find a cure.
>>
>>19364715
Likely he comes from /b/. They're dumb enough to attempt reverse psychology on each other and dumb enough that it often works. It's a bad tactic to use anywhere else.
>>
>>19364825
listen to what Robert anton wilson says about everything.

but yeah magic is more psychology than anything else.
interpretation conscious or sub conscious of symbols.
affirmations
and noticing connections.

magic is taking control of your own sub conscious through occultic rather than clinical methods.
>>
>>19364704
>all the stuff I find implausible is objectively ridiculous
>all the stuff i find plausible is objectively plausible
Stem majors should also learn the liberal arts. it would do them well.
>>
>>19364825
Pretty much everybody who has *just* enough knowledge of quantum physics to define it are the ones who make this assertion. However, I do believe what is known as "magic(k)" will one day be science...just as all that is now science was once believed to be "magic(k)"
>>
>>19364704
>I don't believe in the "not cool" magic stuff
>I only believe in the "cool" "scary" magic stuff
Don't act like there's logic to your belief or disbelief
>>
>>19364725
The idea that our senses are tuned to perceive the stimuli relevant to our survival and not all stimuli that are possibly perceivable seems illogical to you? Do you not believe in pherhomones bees leave on flower petals because you can not perceive them? Also, you're the one defining "spirits" that way, creating a strawman as unbelievable as possible so you can dismiss the concept of "spirit". Also, lurk moar figgot.
>>
It's all a big joke and you're the punchline
All encounters with the occult are dreams and drug hallucinations that are similar in themes
They only try to convey a message or feeling and people believe them too literally
Yeah you can meet deities and shit but all they have to say is
>you're gonna die one day
>reproduce to respawn
>sex is good for your health
Which gets interpreted as
>THE END IS NIIIIIII
>RESSURECTION WILL HAPPEN
>LOVE IS EVERYWHERE GOD LOVE LOVE GOD IS LOVE

But hey it makes great inspiration for fiction and people love those memes
>>
>>19364941
>Stem majors should also learn the liberal arts. it would do them well.

no one should pay money to learn fucking liberal arts you retard

absolute waste of time and money
>>
>>19364978
>discounting the entire history of non-drug-induced, VERY-much-awake mystical states, known as but not limited to:
>Dhyana
>Samadhi
>Gnosis
>Bodhi
>Prajna
>Pratyahara
>Dharana
>&c.
>>
>>19364982
Please tell me where in that post I told you you should pay money? Or even "take classes"? To you "learn" is equivalent with "go to classes"? I'm pretty sure you just illustrated my point rather beautifully.
>>
>>19364986
ah yes
day dreaming
Im not saying mysticism isn't real I'm saying it's a joke
>>
>>19365008
>day dreaming
Yeah, that's probably why these states look distinctly different on an EEG.
>>
>>19365008
>>19365012
Anyway, I don't have any need to convince you. You're probably right, it's all just a bunch of BS that has no benefits whatsoever. Just like medication and nutrition. Now go back to your containment board >>>/b/
>>
>>19364704
>I'm studying physics, but I still think there are more things than the material world.
pick a new major then.
>>
>>19364982
If you think improving yourself is a waste of time, by all means, avoid it. As for money, you can get used copies of outdated editions of college textbooks for almost nothing. There are many videos of lectures up on YouTube.
>>
>>19365012
Didn't I just say they were real?
What do you hate reality that much you can't see beyond the patterns?
>>19365013
Who said it has no benefits?
I'm saying everyone's seeing the same shit and none of it manifests beyond literal shit like
>fuck bitches
>have babies
>pay attention
>live life
>die
>???
>show goes on
You seem to think imagination goes beyond that
>>
>>19364978
If they're saying that then they're communicating what's in your spirit, not what they know or the truth which is:
>Death is an illusion
>You don't need attachments to this world
>Sex is a spook
>>
File: IMG_2231.jpg (162KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2231.jpg
162KB, 1080x1080px
>>19365036
Yes indeed
Death is part of life
Life involved sex
Sex is good for you
so eat your god damn vegetables and be nice so people will want to sex you
>>
>>19364704
It is 100% real as long as you believe in it. And to answer to question "What is magic?" I'd say basically it's a manipulation of different variables, increasing probability of a desired one. I think it's kinda like jumping from one multiverse to another, where the event you want to happen happens. Though there is a lot more to magic rather than manipulation with variables, but it's too big of a subject to talk about and I don't really want to share that information with random people. Also, avoid new age bullshit (including wicca) for sure, If you really want to get into it, I'd suggest you to start with meditation and if you're worthy the necessary information will find its way to you.
[spoiler]spirits are tottaly real though, you can even make one yourself[/spoiler]
>>
>>19365033
>daydreaming and altered states of consciousness are the same thing
>being able to replicate drug-induced states(and go above them) while sober and awake has no intrinsic benefit
>None of the people who have these experiences are any better off than those who don't
OK, anon-son. Enjoy your Rationalist Positivist Materialism.
>>
>>19365045
You don't actually need to do anything in this life that will keep you attached to here.
>>
>>19365033
>"What do you hate reality that much you can't see beyond the patterns?"
>What I see is reality, because I see everything for what it is
>and I'm certain of it
>others who see it differently are wrong
>etc.
Hey, for all your autism and sperging toward all these other posts, why so quiet about >>19364991
?
>>
File: force of will.jpg (385KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
force of will.jpg
385KB, 1280x960px
being good at magic costs a lot of money
>>
>>19364704
Think less Dr. Strange and more John Constantine. It's far less physical and more based in faith and energy. None of that Nu52 John shit either, I'm talking Vertigo John.
Also, your first step should be to stop being a marvelfag.
>>
>>19364704
Studying physics huh? Then maybe you'll be one of the very few here that come to understand magic exists in science. The two are one and the same.

Our brains are quantum computers capable of controlling particles and waves outside of our bodies through entanglement, and magic has to do with photon patterns and it's relationship to multiverse theory, which in turn is based on quantum superposition.

Think about magic and it's relationship to the quantum nature of consciousness, think about the idea of "reality shapes observation, observation shapes reality," and you might come to understand how magic works.
>>
>>19364704
Cont.
>>19365122
Also, spirits could be explained by science. Consciousness exists not as matter, but as an energy pattern. Our body has the cells replaced multiple times throughout our lives, electrons and other particles constantly shifting and changing and being replaced. Thus it is undeniable that the matter of our brains is NOT us. Even if it eas, matter is nothing but compressed energy so that would still support the fact that consciousness resides in energy patterns.

So once we die, what stops our energy pattern from imprinting upon a location or reappearing elsewhere in the universe through entanglement?

Quantum mechanics can also lend towards the idea of existence after death.
>>
>>19365018
Eh, I don't see why having an open mind is a bad thing. Scientists need to get their old sense of wonder back. Now it's all full of pop-frauds like Atheist Nye & faggots whose philosophy is "none of the cool shit you want to discover/create will happen, so shut up and make new phones and solve applied math".

>>19365108
I'm not into company wars, anon. I pick and choose. Why deprive myself of great runs just because they'renot from either Marvel or DC? The Metabarons was great and it was an indie Eurocomic for example.

So any cunt can do magic, huh? Well, that is a let down. Hellblazer's magic wasn't as flashy as Fate's, Strange's, etc, etc.

>>19365122
>>19365132
Huh, thanks for the actual explaination. That particular "conscience" question was posed by my HS Chemistry teacher, of all people.
>>
>>19364717
>Has never done DMT.
Just because you hallucinate about mechanical elfs doesn't make them real you fuckwit.
>>
>>19365210
Np bro, I basically lurk here to give scientific explanations of "paranormal" stuff. Reality is much weirder than fiction, and once you know how to manipulate it, shit gets real interesting real fast.
>>
>>19365218
Thanks again. Any tips on what to read on the extra?
>>
Just research the Esoteric and Occult.
>>
>>19365220
I'm not certain. My theories come from scientific readings mixed with logic and observation. I could write a book myself but don't know of any that cover the topic.
>>
Magic is a shared mental delusion, kind of like thinking.
>>
>>19365122
>>19365132
How can it be that despite the billions in accumulated research there is no findings of supernatural?
>>
>>19364704
There is the intellect.
Like saying "4 + 7 = 13"
It's a wrong statement, but still you plant 11 in the mind of the listener, although you never said it.
Magick is the realm of the intellectual.
Simple minds can read esoteric literature, they just can't use it.
Those familiar with the occult, those who know the language can preform the rituals if them approach them with the right respect.
Magick is protected, crypted for a reason. But it is not hidden. Most people just don't recognize it.
You can say it is fake, that does not take away the fact it will still be used, at a big scale.
>>
>>19364704
>people in my family have had experiences with Christian Saints appearing in front of them
So these family members try to use magick on you... cause religion is just that, dark magick.
>>
>>19365055
>>19364704
>only posts smartass replies to the less challenging posts
I shiggy.
>>
>>19365425
Not believing in something when trying to measure it's truth leads you into the universe where it doesn't exist.

Observation creates reality. The universe is within.
>>
>>19365724
That's retarded. But I'll play ball: What if someone was believing when trying to measure yet still nothing yielded?
>inb4 hurr durr they didn't believe enough
>>
>>19364704
magic?
is quarks
>>
>>19364704
>wanna know the truth about the other 10%
You can start by not disregarding 90% of the things you don't understand.
>>
>>19364704
meme magic is a phenomenon experienced by very self centered people who are unaware of how their actions impact the world

no shit if you spam shit everywhere and shout out the window all day long people are going to notice

no shit there are relevent people and players in the world on pol contributing and watching to threads, posing as lowly anons

no shit there are "happenings" everyday, because thats how the world is, technology has only made the news of these events easier to share

meme magic = "chaos magik" = the butterfly effect on an atomic/sub atomic level = chaos particle theory

everyone and everything is always doing it
>>
>>19365803
Then we might presume someone's trying to control their observations with stronger beliefs.
>>
>>19366347
How convenient. There is zero proof of what you claim yet a mountain of proof from the opposite side.
>>
>>19366374
Observation paradoxes are first-class in epistemology. You can't ever obtain evidence for or against them. I'm not the anon that posed that belief system, I'm just saying that there's an easy explanation for why belief wouldn't be insurmountable even if belief literally crafted reality.
>>
>>19366400
Mental gymnastics, mental illnesses and hallucinations are not "observation paradoxes". Huge difference in concepts.
>>
>>19364704
This board is near 100% larping. There is very little incentive to talk about real paranormal topics here. Conversation used to be broader but not much better. There are many paranormal topics beyond magic.

1) Magic - Fake and gay
2) Vampires - Fake and gay, these people need to kill themselves already.
3) Aliens - Almost certainly exist somewhere. A large body of evidence that they may have visited earth for various reasons. Worth discussing
4) Alternative history - Some theories are probably right. History is revised all the time
5) Crypids - Possible but unlikely.
6) Psychic phenomenon - Some evidence, most obviously fake, some might be real. Worth discussing.
7) Religion and afterlife - Probably fake but it is as old as humanity itself. Worth discussing.
>>
>>19366423
>>19364941
>>
>>19366423
>This board is near 100% larping.
[citation impossible]
>>
File: doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg (44KB, 570x404px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg
44KB, 570x404px
>>19364704
Doctor Strange is one of my favorite characters specifically because he does magic. Though I think I prefer the Hellblazer brand of magic, as far as comic book magics go. A rare instance of DC over Marvel, usually it's the reverse.

>I don't believe in fairies, spirit forests and shit.
I don't know, man, I've heard some convincing stories about people who crossed the fairies.

>Christian Saints
I think you mean Catholic Saints.

>>19364760
>muh hipster elitism
Dude, just let people enjoy their shit. I love the comics but I also love the movies.
>>
File: 1467036736529-1.png (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467036736529-1.png
13KB, 800x600px
Occultism exists and is a useful practice completely independent of any form of spirituality or sorcery.

Mental alchemy and self-hypnosis can bring your body and mind to do things that you really wouldn't think are possible, and they are completely recorded and scientifically proven facts. There's no arguing that magic ISN'T real, here. Biofeedback exists.
>>
>>19367076
>mental alchemy
>things that you really wouldn't think are possible
>and they are completely recorded and scientifically proven facts
Like what, anon?
>>
>>19364704
>aliens surely exist

no, they don't.
>>
File: 1497267533441.jpg (331KB, 850x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1497267533441.jpg
331KB, 850x1132px
>>19367147
How do you think crazy monks work?

I'll google a few things for you;

http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/on-becoming-superhuman-using-jedi-mind-tricks-to-increase-performance.html

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/biofeedback-therapy-uses-benefits#1 (In case you didn't quite get this, this is clinical guided meditation to help manually eliminate headaches, stress, ect.)

https://eocinstitute.org/meditation/increase-your-intelligence-with-meditation/

This is first result on google shit, and extremely entry level. If a complete normie with the barest minimum of practice can do things like manually eliminate headaches, hit near-olympic physical endurance, and improve their IQ, what do you think a practiced occultist could do with more advanced techniques?

Even if it is nothing but self hypnosis and placebo effect, self hypnosis and placebo effect are *very effective*.
>>
>>19367166
>vast, possibly endless universe
>one tiny rock only source of life
ok
>>
>>19364704
Coherence of heart and mind.
You're welcome.
That will be 42 chanbux
>>
>>19367183
>1/3 is legit, 2/3 is bogus stuff to sell products.
>>hurr durr completely recorded and scientifically proven facts!!!
You LARPers are not even trying.
>>
>>19365122
Idk how it works, but this guy does.
>>
>>19365216
Does it when EVERYONE sees them?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>19367207
Sigh. Okay, then, we'll do it logically.

For a medicine to be considered effective, it has to be roughly 50% more effective than placebo. That's an increase in effectiveness of 50% from the base effectiveness of a placebo.

Think about that for a second. A placebo is absolutely nothing but something to convince you that you are being treated. Every single bit of treatment you can get out of a placebo, which is a considerable enough volume of treatment that it must be accommodated for in all clinical trials ever done, can be achieved by a person in a closed and dark room acting on his own mind. And then probably more, because those people in clinical trials are clumsy and not at all experts.

If you had the ability to influence your own body to that extent completely independent of anyone else's help, why the hell wouldn't you?

I could recount to you my own experiences of mending a fractured bone in days, or manually turning off my own allergic reactions, or withstanding extreme temperatures for extended periods of time... but those are not clinically verified and thus not relevant.
>>
>>19367229
>but those are not clinically verified and thus not relevant
Yet you still mentioned it, because this all boils down to your delusions. There's no "we'll do this logically" because you (and most people in /x/) do not care to use logic at all.
>but those are not clinically verified and thus not relevant
Also, what a shocking surprise! Groundbreaking example No.213081274803 is conveniently not recorded by any objective measure by which it can be analysed. Hmmm.
>>
i am magic yes it is real i turn my dad into a dog and he licked my ass hole
>>
File: 1496898897273.jpg (144KB, 850x717px) Image search: [Google]
1496898897273.jpg
144KB, 850x717px
>>19367241
Ah, I see, you have absolutely no interest in discussing this and only in dismissing everything.

I do enjoy how you didn't even bother to attack the main point I was making, but only a side note. But it's fine, people who matter will read that and make their own conclusions.

Best of luck in your own endeavors.
>>
>>19367229
Fuck that guy. All "proof" really end up being is a whole bunch of people's anecdotal evidence in a controlled setting. I believe you man. You're not the only one I've heard say such things. Teach others.
>>
File: Ancient_Alchemy.png (794KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Alchemy.png
794KB, 1600x1600px
>>19364704
Theres no "magic", but theres Alchemy.
Thats a different "Alchemy" than the term that most use nowdays.
Nowdays theres a lot of bullshit about alchemy(about it being related to work your mint, spirit or soul and other misunderstood bullshit like that).

The real, working Alchemy, all comes from extremely ancient knowledge(/Ancient Alchemy) of over 15,000 years ago.

It is unknown when Ancient Science(/Alchemy) originated, but since the very beginning of our available recorded history, it has always been hidden in pieces, in the form of art and ancient relics.

Later few of those pieces of ancient knowledge/truth were used and twisted by people to create religions and even current science and technology.

The symbols of Ancient Alchemy are The Seed/Flower/Fruit of Life, and Egg of Life; Star Tetrahedron(/Stellated octahedron).

Alchemy is the art/science of Comprehending(which then enables to control, manipulate and even transmute) the Laws of Nature and The Universe.

Everything Natural in this Universe, including Numeral(/Number Base) Systems and Mathematics, always follows same, fixed, sets of patterns. Alchemy is the study of those patterns of nature, and then applying the understanding of those patterns to control the understood nature, or another nature it affects.
>>
>>19367520
Pythagoras, then Empedocles, later Aristotle, (and others) were alchemists. They tried to revive the Ancient Alchemy, but also to keep it hidden(to avoid abuse of it), developing systems, spreading hints and hidden knowledge, fully understood only by those who understand its basics.

Pythagoras' knowledge of alchemy comes from Hermes(Egyptian Thoth), or more properly said, The Ancient Alchemy Schools of Egypt and The Eye of Thoth, of the same origin as, The Ancient China's Alchemy(origin of Ancient Martial Arts), "Cultivation" of one by comprehending The Laws of The ALL(Dao) to reach Immortality, control over nature, and later, maybe even complete control over the Universe(/create their own before leaving). Also of the same origin as India's Vedic Math/Science/Mysticism.

If you are interested to understand alchemy, try to research them* all a little, connect the dots, and find their common origin. Remember to look for the "Earlier", not the "Later" origin of each.

* "Egypt's Thoth,China's Tao(/Dao), India's Vedic Math/Science/Mysticism"

It is extremely easy to find if you know what youre looking for, as the main base pieces of that origin(/ancient knowledge) are open to the public, and many times even infront of everyones eyes, without you realizing it.

The Origin of Ancient Alchemy(symbolized/represent in the form of The Seed/Flower/Fruit/Egg of Life) from all over the world, is of One, same Origin, that goes long before our publicly open, recorded history. Sadly, most of the hidden and restored Ancient Knowledge has burned along with the Ancient Library of Alexandria.

Now only few know the truth, and of how Ancient Alchemy really works.
So it is literally impossible to find any 'beginner' books for it, etc..
And even before that, it has been a tradition to keep the basics of it unwritten, as a test.

Those who reach the understanding of those basics, are qualified to advance and study it.
>>
>>19367520
>>19367530

9 and 0 are the interconnecting center points. 9 has no place anywhere but the very center. All numbers patterns go through it in the beginning/end and the middle of their cycle.
Example:
(0or9)1234(9)5678(9)
(0or9)4837(9)2615(9)
(0or9)7531(9)8642(9)

In base-10, 9 cant be + nor -, 9 is the very definition of neutral/complete.
3 is a stable -, it cant be "+",
6 is a stable +, it cant be "-".
9 is the whole outside and the nothing inside.
3 and 6 are everything in between.
9(absolute) created the limited 8(something/matter) which created the gap or 1(nothing/space) to 9.
The difference between 8 and 1 is equal to 3 and 6 which are the two stable opposites.
3 created 2 and 4.
6 created 5 and 7.

2 4 5 7 are the actions, ÷ - + ×, they change between eachother to create change between matter and space.

7 and 2 are the flipped complement of the same, an axis.
4 and 5 are the flipped complement of the same, an axis.

2 and 5 are the complementing opposites of the same, axes flip.
4 and 7 are the complementing opposites of the same, axes flip.

3 and 6 are everywhere in between complementing the numbers(natures) into 9 as a counter/balance point.
>>
>>19367520
>>19367530
>>19367546

3 and 6 are also the clockwise and anti(/counter)-clockwise spirals space between fields/matter.
2 4 5 7 are the directions of those spirals(not spaces between)
And 9 are the solid matter/lines of the spirals.

1 and 8 are, the unchanging relation, the position between space and matter, or the depth.
1 and 8 are a still unchanging axis. If it flips upside-down, so does everything else, without anything changing in between, as long as its originally inplace.
Theres a state of chaos where 1 and 8 are flipped creating disorder, an easy example of it is full repetend prime division, like 1/7 = (142857) or (..857142..), if you flip 1 and 8 it will go back into order, (..157842..)

An Egyptian Mythology:
One of the most prominent myths concerning the moon relates its cycle to the battle between Horus and Set. During this famous battle over the inheritance of Osiris, Set steals the (left) eye of Horus, damages it, and divides it into Six parts. Thoth (with the help of other gods) later restores it by using his "wisdom".

The number 7 represents the god Set or Seth.
The number 7 and the alphabetic letter Z are both derived from the same icon. They're both pictures of the uas or was, Seth Scepter.

1 divided by 7 gives you the the 6 digits of the eyes pattern 0.( 1 4 2 8 5 7 )co

Wisdom of Thoth is the pattern( 2 4 8 7 5 1 ) by which Thoth turns the fragment of the divided eye from 7(death/chaos) back into a new eye/One(or 64mod9) of a Perfect system.

That Wisdom of Thoth, flipped heaven(1) and earth(8), upside down, to restore harmony from chaos.
( 1, 4, 2, 8, 5, 7 ) into ( 8*, 4, 2, 1*, 5, 7 ),
If read from right to left starting from one, (1 2 4 8, 7 5).
>>
>>19367520
>>19367530
>>19367546
>>19367556

Base-2: 0,1
Base-3: 0,1,2 OR -1(2), 0, +1(1)
Base-4: 0, 1, 2, 3 OR -1(2) 3or0 +1(1) OR binary 0=0, 1=3{1,2} OR charge: -, ( * ), +
Base-10: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 OR -4(5), -3(6), -2(7), -1(8) 9or0 +1(1) +2(2) +3(3) +4(4) OR binary 0=0, 1=9{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8} OR charge: -, ( + ), +, -, ( * ), +, -, ( - ), +

The Fibonacci Sequence:
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, ...

Fibonacci Sequence Mod9:
{ 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 4, 3, 7, 1, 8, 9, 8, 8, 7, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 2, 8, 1, 9 }co.
->
{ (1 1 2) [3] (5 8 4) [3] (7 1 8) [9] (8 8 7) [6] (4 1 5) [6] (2 8 1) [9] }co.
->
{ (4) [3] (8) [3] (7) [9] (5) [6] (1) [6] (2) [9] }co.
->
{ (1) [6] (2) [9] (4) [3] (8) [3] (7) [9] (5) [6] (1) }co.
OR
{ (8) [3] (7) [9] (5) [6] (1) [6] (2) [9] (4) [3] (8) }co.
->
{ (1, 2, 4, 8, 7, 5, 1) [6, 9, 3, 3, 9, 6] }
OR
{ (8, 7, 5, 1, 2, 4, 8) [3, 9, 6, 6, 9, 3] }
___
(1, 2, 4, 8, 7, 5, 1) <- 8 into -, - and 1 into +, +
([6, 9, 3, 3, 9, 6]) <- 9 into +- and 9 into -+
->
{ + , - + , - , - , + - , + }
OR
(8, 7, 5, 1, 2, 4, 8)
([3, 9, 6, 6, 9, 3])
->
{ - , + - , + , + , - + , - }
___
Base-10 Multiplication Table mod9 (/vedic square):

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8} 9
{2, 4, 6, 8, 1, 3, 5, 7} 9
{3, 6, 9, 3, 6, 9, 3, 6} 9
{4, 8, 3, 7, 2, 6, 1, 5} 9
{5, 1, 6, 2, 7, 3, 8, 4} 9
{6, 3, 9, 6, 3, 9, 6, 3} 9
{7, 5, 3, 1, 8, 6, 4, 2} 9
{8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1} 9
{9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9} 9
->
{ + , - , - , + , - , + , + , - } *
{ - , + , + , - , + , - , - , + } *
{ - , + , * , - , + , * , - , + } *
{ + , - , * , + , - , * , + , - } *
{ * , * , * , * , * , * , * , * } *
>>
>>19367520
>mint
Mind*
>>
File: 1501045042745.jpg (106KB, 912x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501045042745.jpg
106KB, 912x1024px
These guys are all close some may be right..what kind of magic do you want to learn...i can teach you...for a price...if your interested leave an email
>>
>>19367546

Funny story, I'm not sure if you're familiar with Cicada but there was an anon who was talking about this in regards to a cipher. Actually glad you posted this, I was looking for information about it for a long time.
>>
>>19367565

Hm. This looks VERY familiar. Are you sure you aren't that anon?
>>
>>19367588
>>19367594
>if you're familiar with Cicada
Very familiar. I solved the 3301 puzzle, they used part of this mathematical system for their liber primus encryption.

>Are you sure you aren't that anon?
Most likely am that anon, Im 343373
>>
>>19367665

Well hello. Would you mind hopping on freenode so I can speak with you? I've been looking for you for a very long time.
>>
>>19367565
>(1, 2, 4, 8, 7, 5, 1) <- 8 into -, - and 1 into +, +
>([6, 9, 3, 3, 9, 6]) <- 9 into +- and 9 into -+
->
>{ + , - + , - , - , + - , + }

([6, 9, 3, 3, 9, 6]) <- 9 into -+ and 9 into +-

Sorry for the typo, it is "9 into +- and 9 into -+" is for
(8, 7, 5, 1, 2, 4, 8)
([3, 9, 6, 6, 9, 3])
>'9' of 3 9 6, into 7(+), 5(-) and '9' of 6 9 3 into 2(-), 4(+)
>>
File: 1496529138436.jpg (194KB, 670x904px) Image search: [Google]
1496529138436.jpg
194KB, 670x904px
>>19364704
Since most religions, especially those in the West, fail to offer worthwhile guidance on how an individual can have direct experience of and relationship with the divine, magic fills that necessary void for some people. Others fill it with political religion, consumerism, sex or drug addiction, etc.--none that truly fulfill the need that only spiritual communion can provide.
>>
>>19364704
So far as I know, the universe is full of undiscovered things, we are limited by out civilization, evolution and senses, whatever lies beyond our current level of evolution is undiscovered and may be perceived as "magic"
Looking a bit in the beyond, there are energy fabrics that intertwine with reality, this is only recently being approached by quantum physics.
Some occultists and esoterists believe that the mind can access this fabric and produce effects in our surrounding reality, but it takes practice, concentration and discipline to tap into such power.
It is also believed that higher levels of brain functioning may allow to reach certain abilities that some may call "magic".
Whatever lies beyond is still ethereal and known to only a handful of people, most of them not being on 4chan. And whatever lies beyond it's also not supernatural as nothing is "above nature" because nature is All. Magic, is nothing but the realms of science that lie beyond our current understanding and tap into spirituality and consciousness expansion.
>>
>>19365218
How do you manipulate it and how does it get interesting?
>>
>>19364760
There's no hive mind, loser. You're an individual member of an individualist species. Grow up already, we're waiting.
>>
>>19365803
That's when you get things like the VIA experiments of psychic phenomena and the researchers that found meditators had a distinct effect on photon patterns in a double slit experiment.
>>19366296
This.
>>19366341
Also this. All magic is just applied chaos magic, and chaos magic is just applied quantum science.
>>19366423
Magic is just misunderstand psychic phenomena. And psychic phenomena is absolutely real -- unfortunately it takes a lot of practice forming mental... functions so to speak. Imagine coding functions, except it is instead trying to program your mind to have reproducible results when mapping mental functions to the world outside your body.
>>19367166
>entire universe
>we are the only living creatures in it
Whether you are the starkest atheist, the proudest theist or the most adamant agnostic, not believing in the existence of alien life is retarded. Whether or not they've visited earth is obviously debatable, but it would be an incredibly odd coincidence for us to be the anomaly, and from a theist view... why would God create all this shit for literally 1 planet? Why can't God fuck with aliens? You are stupid and your views are stupid and you should feel stupid.
>>19367207
2/3 of everything on the internet is bogus stuff to sell products you dolt
>>19367546
>>19367556
>>19367565
Wtf is all this number shit?
>>
>>19369751
>How do you manipulate it
Practice, serenity of mind, and firm belief.
>How does it get interesting
In any way you want.

>>19369755
Everything is part of the collective consciousness. If you don't believe all of our minds are interconnected in some way, you are scientifically understudied. You can deny spirituality up down and sideways all day long, but science itself lends to the fact that our minds are connected. You should grow up, as only children argue about topics they know nothing about.
>>
>>19364704
Here's a PDF for some Chinese mumbo jumbo about the 5 elements and ''energy manipulation''.
Don't expect fireballs.
It's just gaining controll over your own body and you need to practice for a long while (at least 2 years of doing a routine 1 hour per day + regular exercise like lifting and running) before achieving anything.

Search for [Ling_Guiqing,_Yin_Yunting_and_John_Groschwitz]

Considering that bioenergy isn't a well researched field these days (at least pretaining to organisms like Humans and other animals) the principles held and shared by both Taoists and Budhist traditions seem like a good place to start.

Sadly the USSR eliminated a lot of ''Mystics'' during their first purges so many potential traditions that we might have stumbeled upon were lost.

The Communists in China did the same in religeous purges so the research pretaining to this should shift to Myanmar , India and the Central Asian countries which requires fieldwork and money...

Now tell me. Are you willing to spend a lot of money on a (most likely to be) failure in search of mystic traditions just to try and proove that magic is real?
>>
>>19364704
Depends on the type of magic
>>
>>19364704
>doesn't know shit
>asks questions
Good luck seeking faggot, cabal are gonna eat you alive.
>>
File: chaotes.jpg (30KB, 510x583px) Image search: [Google]
chaotes.jpg
30KB, 510x583px
>>19364704
>inb4 capeshit
then try some of Grant Morrison's tutorials for sigil magick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtzU9mVlk0
>>
>>19364704
It's the conscious manipulation of reality through either a medium (like sigils, spells, candles) or directly through interaction with alchemy or energy transference (more advanced).
Basically, magic transforms your physical reality through interacting with the more basic elements that constitute reality and existence itself.
>>
>>19371737
Everyone and their mothers has read Invisibles at this point... Creepy Grant should focus on Multiversity Too instead of fucking around.
>>
>>19364704
>Spirits don't exist.
>But magic space squid monsters do.
So where do you shop for fedoras from, anon?
>>
File: 1481615437842.jpg (68KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1481615437842.jpg
68KB, 420x315px
>>19364776
Hmmmm
>>
>>19364955
/thread
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.