[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Welcome to the Dream General!

This Dream General is for discussion of:

>dreams and interpretation
>nightmares and creepy dreams
>sleep paralysis
>lucid dreaming
>precognitive dreams
>astral projection/OBE
>everything else dream related

Please post here, rather than making a new thread for your own stuff.

Before you post, some guidelines:

1. If you need help with any sort of dream, lucid, SP, recurring, etc, or even just remembering in general, the best advice anyone can give you is to start a dream journal.

2. Giving advice or analyzing someone else's dreams does not require any sort of authority. If you think you can do it, feel free to give some other people a response.

Some websites to help you out:

dreamviews.org

http://api.ning.com/files/P3hYmFgEsbPdxPgMJXWt7K6KUuoJYAYi7NXHr5GuVYff8NDqHvvmD7u8mkZ3MnPCSzZGPVKJ*2vwuowl*GbkLZeKNr0hUN0R/RobertBruceMasteringAstralProjection.pdf

Last note: More dream interpreters are always wanted. And if you ask for an interpretation, try to return the favor and interpret someone else's dream.
>>
>>19312508
Used to Lucid dream or astral project fairly often. I will start getting back to it. It always kept happening involuntarily, but I'm going to try and master it again. I had a decent level of control a few years back.

Thinking about getting me a dream journal again, but I'm lazy about it. This thread could help me with some motivation, sharing my experiences with anons here and hearing from their experiences.
>>
>>19312583
I'm too lazy about dream journals as well, i just made the thread because i just had one of the most bizarre dream experiences in my whole life (it had several false awakenings and other stuff that was very new to me).

I "suffer" from chronic sleep paralysis, and experience it once/twice every week. I could probably enter sleep paralysis on command if i wanted to, but i just overall do not enjoy the feeling of losing control over my breathing patterns. I am however just as good at cancelling and stopping sleep paralysis, so i it's not really something i suffer from anymore.

Something you could try, that i don't see a lot of people talk about is awareness training. It generally involves "training" your ability to remain completely aware and not enter auto-pilot in your everyday life. This way you will become better at distinguishing between dream state and awake state. I have around 1-2 DILD's every month now (which is nice). The main thing being that i realize i am dreaming without reality checking (which doesn't work for me anyway, because my dreams are too detailed for hand-checking, time-checking and mirror-checking).
>>
>>19312689
I try to be as aware as possible just for sake of mindfulness. Something that works for me is trying to move things with my mind throughout the day. Not trying to force it or anything it like that, I don't stare into a paper and try to move it. I mean as in just thinking of it moving it effortlessly. It works in dreams, not very much when awake. It's my way of doing reality checks.

I used to hate sleep paralysis, now I just lay there and relax into it, I tend to see moving shadows and sometimes scary things, but I just say fuck it and relax into it and it leads to some cool vivid dreams or lucid dreams.

Do share your dream, it sounds interesting.
>>
If dreams are my mind making things up, why am I constantly being beat up in my dreams?

Does anyone else travel to the spiritual world when they dream?
>>
>>19312731
This is from the dream journal i wrote shortly after. It's pretty long, so will probably take 2-3 posts. Sorry for typos or grammar:

The dream starts with me being in an oval-shaped room with several other people including a priest. They all had a familiar sense to them, definitely not hostile, but also not someone i actually knew. I am not sure if they could see me or not though. The dream had been going on for some time now, and it's just about now that i start becoming lucid. It's very evident immediately that we are not alone and there is something “supernatural” surrounding us. There is a presence of some kind and several books fall to the ground as well as drawers and wardrobes opening (the room was filled with that sort of thing). The priest had apparently summoned something (my guess), but for what reason i am not sure.

Quite shortly after i gain complete lucidity. The demon/summoned thing manifests in the room after some smoke as a regular looking individual in a suit. I usually test of my lucidity with telekinesis (or exerting my will on something in-animate). I almost immediately recognize this turning into a lucid nightmare, as i start to exert my will in the dream, trying to move stuff at my will. I remember clearly the summoned person trying to speak to me, just don't remember what the person said. What was more peculiar was that even though the entire room started turning and tossing, confirming that it was a dream immediately. The person stood still. I remember i tried as hard as i could to knock them away, but i just couldn't. (continued)
>>
>>19312811
I then decided it was time to wake, and indeed i woke up in my bed. However as soon as i opened i my eyes, i felt them becoming heavier and heavier and dragging me back into sleep paralysis. My normal response to this is movement, because telling the body you want to move is the best way to get rid of sleep paralysis. However it was here that the most scary part of the dream happened. At this exact moment, i was suddenly unsure if i was awake or still dreaming. When i tried to flail and move wildly, it was as if i moved outside of my body. My real body still being stone cold sleeping. Every time i tried to move away from my body i was dragged back into it immediately. This went on for about 10-12 seconds, until i woke up.

I woke up in my bed(except i still wasen't awake, this was one of the most elaborate false awakenings i have ever had in my entire life), naturally frightened, but quickly calming myself. I sat up in my bed, now completely believing i was awake. A woman was sitting next to me in my bed. She leaned up against me. I didn't really realize i was dreaming still, as my lucidity was fading as i was calming down (lucidity for me requires extreme clarity and awareness, if i calm down or lose focus in a dream, i will lose lucidity). The dream skipped a beat, as i faded out of lucidity and into lucidity again (i have never ever tried losing and regaining lucidity before without genuinely waking up first). I was now legit having sex with a woman on my bed, and me being stupid i still wanted to bone her. For some reason, i can't remember her face, it's blurred out completely. However as i tried to enjoy myself, i felt my lucidity fade again. I am not too experienced, but have had lucid sex before, so i obviously knew what to do. I started to feel her up and focus on the details to try and maintain focus, which worked pretty good. (continued)
>>
>>19312822
However almost not even a second after i started to regain lucidity. She violently bit my right shoulder, in what i can only describe as almost an animalistic fashion. I still do not remember her face, even when she did that, but it felt like she had huge elongated shark-like teeth, except for the fact that i felt no pain from the bite. However i generally don't feel pain in my dreams, so there is that.

I woke up again almost immediately after, this time there was no presence at all, but i was still not awake. This part of the overall dream experience is pretty boring. To summarize i got stung by some weird fantasy-looking beetle which made my hand swell up. I woke up for real finally after running towards the hospital... which was conveniently across the street.

After waking up from that dream, i immediately went to write it all down fresh directly from my mind before i forgot it. Of course after several reality checks.

I still have a weird eerie feeling looming over me, but it seems to be going away slowly.
>>
>>19312738
I don't really have any experience with the spiritual world. However being beaten up in your dreams could symbolize you trying to form, mold or harden yourself.

What exactly is beating you up? Someone you know? Yourself? Random people?

Dreams in general are your mind "thinking" and "drawing" the world and thoughts that it itself is familiar with. You can include stuff like CBT to influence your dreams.

If you want to stop being beaten up in your dreams, i would suggest fighting back or "wish it away". Everything that happens in your dreams is a question about who is in control. The random thought processes, structural thoughts, behavioral thoughts, experiences re-lived or you making conscious changes. Some would even say "other entities", though i don't really buy too much into that myself.

You want to reach a point where you are king over your dreams, and can make changes because "you will it enough".
>>
Yo anyone have any opinions on a few dreams I had a few years ago? they all came from the time I lived in a house I no longer live in.
>one or two dreams that involved nothing but me sitting in my bed watching a tall shadow figure that looked like a stick figure with giant silver wells for eyes just standing in the corner of my room and staring out the window. I think one time it was outside and staring in
>one dream where my mom tried to poison me
>one dream that was deafening speech in an unrecognizable language while gibberish was written in fiery letters on the inside of my eyelids
those three were the most notable, but I do remember having many nightmares about various things in that house, most of them ended with me dying, although I never felt pain even when being axed in the shoulder.

I have never had any dreams like these since.
>>
>>19312738
You should enter the dream state with no sense of bewilderment, curiosity, or anxiety.

Instead, train yourself to be in the mindset of solving a simple problem.
>>
>>19312847
My dead parents are beating me up. They stab me and shoot me with guns. They are mad at me. I pray to God to make it stop. I ask for their forgiveness and forgive them. I fight back and they tell me, "It doesn't hurt." I just can't win. It happens every night. After I have one of these dreams, I just want to die.
>>
>>19313198
It sounds more like you feel as if you are disappointing your parents and some way and inflicting self harm in your dreams. Buried subconscious thoughts rise to be dealt with in dreams. You haven't dealt with those feelings of disappointing them.

Best way to make those dreams stop is ask yourself why you feel this conflict with your parents. Write it out in a letter, letting it all out, your hate for them, the cause of that hate, forgive them for whatever it is makes you feel this way. All that good stuff, write it all out going all the way to the root of every emotion that arises. After that forgive them and forgive yourself. Then burn the card and rid yourself of the ghosts of your parents.
>>
>>19313198
You can definitely do what >>19313220 says, that may or may not work out.

I think the main problem though may be an inability to "fight back" on your own. You mention in your dream, that you say sorry, but it doesn't help. This means that words, forgiveness or apology, is not the answer (in my interpretation).

Instead of praying to god, try to take control of the dream yourself. This is not gods dream, this is your dream. If i was to look at it from a theist viewpoint, i would guess this is gods way of testing you, to make you able to stand up for yourself more. Against everyone and anything, which is likely why it is your parents doing these things, and not some random people.

Look at this, as a chance to grow stronger spiritually, and fight back with everything you got.
>>
Anyone else have experience with Night Terrors?
I would get them as a child and nothing could wake me up from them, one night on Christmas eve I had one where I was kidnapped and taken in a helecopter some unknown place sreaming Help Help Help and saying Nooooo in the dream I was paralyzed and in reality yelling at the top of my lungs, my parents were running around screaming at me wake up and throwing water on me. I stayed like that for twenty minutes waking everyone up but me, finally I broke out of it and faded in and out of woozyness and extremely tired for being scared so long and slept till noon, what causes these? i relate it to a weird hallucination while not on drugs, and the dream itself felt like a Remote Viewing of someone dying
>>
>>19314332
I know there has been some research in comparing Sleep Paralysis with Night Terrors, especially because Night Terrors are quite similar in some sense to sleep paralysis (the main difference, being unable to move when having sleep paralysis).

I would guess that Night Terrors simply are (you) having a regular nightmare, but the body either accidentally re-enabling movement, or paralysis never occurred at the conclusion of hypnagogia.

Sleep Paralysis is essentially just you, waking up before the body has re-enabled body movement. It's believed that the body paralyses itself, exactly to protect you from self-harm during dreaming. Sleep walking may or may not be an example of this happening with regular dreaming, and not nightmares.
>>
>>19312508
this is a dream i had not long ago.

there are soldiers invading. its not a huge force arriving in landing craft on the coast. there are mounted guns that are built into the modern looking buildings. not like sky scrapers but like 3-4 story concrete cinder block kinda buildings. the buildings have been arranged in such a way that they make obstacles for any incoming projectiles that are to low

the soldiers run into them unknowingly and suffer casualties. they are chasing a girl who seems to be the only person in the city. 1 female soldier is the only one left now and the little girl goes around a corner and is gone

the little girl turns out to be a robot made to lure the soldiers in to the kills zones. the people of the city had committed mass suicide. they had made this odd factory that made humanoid robots that replaced them. they left this odd note. the soldiers leaders knew about all of this in the past. it was a secret every one kept. it was easier for every one else to believe humanity hadnt managed to crack ai or that a entire group of people hadnt been pushed to suicide by constant military harassment

the machines looked like each individual inhabitant. relatives might notice but tourist would never know but that was decades ago.

the machines were intelligent and had a sort of resentment towards the military forces. they knew something that most of the world leaders didnt know. that a nuclear weapon was used against the humans who lived there before and there was no television coverage of it. no mention of it in history books. the mass suicide was following the nuke in neighboring parts of the country

the military wanted to see how the machines worked but its not like terminator or matrix war against humanity. they lure them in and the guns take care of the humans. the humans wont use nukes because they want the technology now. before it was easier to just let them be since nobody wanted to be blamed for it
>>
Time machine Deja views >>19312552
>>
>You guys are now my dream journal

Was in a pool with an old high school friend and two girls which I also knew back then. He starts getting with one girl me the other. Girl invites me to go on their boat and go whale watching. I mention how fun that sounds. One of the girls asks if there's any risks I mention that if a whale actually comes up from the water close to us it may flip the boat, but it sounds like fun anyway.

End of boring dream.
>>
>>19312508

What does it mean that I can fly all the time? Also, if something I don't like confronts me, I can usually seemingly summon help. Like a baseball bat. I need one, oh there's one.
Also, if some catastrophe does occur, I reverse time. I reverse time like a movie. It goes in rewind to an earlier point in the dream, and I replay the dream knowing what is going to happen in an attempt to alter the outcome. Sometimes doing it as many as three times in a row.
I seem powerful. Strong as I like. Fast as I like.
I meet lots of people. I have never seen them before. But they are nice and seem real. I teach them how to be like me. To fly mostly.
Then I never see them again.
>>
>>19317116
Means you're a good lucid dreamer.
>>
>>19312508
I have a recurring nightmare of a bunch of little kids in Richard Nixon masks chasing me down and hot glueing fidget spinners to my balls, I need some interpretation plea
>>
My dreams suck and end very quickly. There is something paranormal blocking me from having dreams. They said it was a curse. Whenever I have a long dream, I feel so happy.

I had a long dream last night. I had a dream I was in some ruins or perhaps a labyrinth with my pet fox. He was so cute. There were jars of some kind of juice. A gorilla drank it and he became really big. My pet fox drank it too and he got big. They said if you don't drink enough, you shrink. I gave my pet fox 22 ml of juice so he would return to normal size. He did, and I kissed him. The ground started to shake when the gorilla panicked. The whole building collapsed and we got out safely. The gorilla went on to rule the jungle.
>>
Two nights ago I had a dream that I went to a haunted house with some people and a girl that I remember seeing a couple times. The dream was pretty long and nothing really happened when we walked around the house but the dream ended with the girl I was talking about falling over into a baby carriage and I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of it.
>>
What does it mean that i have a dream where i'm consuming bad drugs?(NBOMe)
>>
>>19317422
I've actually experienced something close to this in real life. Have you been keeping a detailed journal of the dream when you wake up? Can you remember any other details? Can you recognize the voice of any of the kids? What happens after the incident? What are you doing right before the incident?
>>
What does it mean if i keep having dreams about my ex? Sometimes we're cordial, other times he's not.
>>
File: infinity tree tree of life.png (121KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
infinity tree tree of life.png
121KB, 280x280px
I had this one dream I remember in particular.

It started with me walking in a forest in the winter, I was walking looking down at my boots crunching the twigs and snow under my feet, I remember feeling the presence of 6-13 other people, I never looked at any of them, but one of their energies stood out to me more than the others, kinda like a teacher, a leader or a guide.
There was a hill I walked up, when I made it to the top, a dry gulch became visible to me, in the bottom of it were dead trees and branches and stuff.
At this moment someone from behind me asked "Do you see it yet?" to which I replied "See what?". Immediately they replied like I was an idiot for not knowing what I was looking for; "The Infinity Tree!".
That's when I saw it, an enormous, beautiful Oak tree, vibrant with color and resonating through me. It was brilliant. It seemed to be floating on an island of it's own, the island too.
After I'd seen it the rest of the dream appeared to me in flashes, at one point we were meditating, and then we were doing some sort of Tai Chi energy manipulation, a few other flashes came but I couldn't remember what they were.
But the place seemed familiar, Like I'd been there before, some kind of training ground or something. It was comfortable.

I've been told that it was the Tree of Life, but I know it was proclaimed as the Infinity Tree for a reason.
I guess I wanna know what was up with that dream? What is the Infinity Tree? Why was I in a group? Why did the one person stand out to me, even though I never looked at any of them?
Thanks in advance.
>>
Does anyone else have dreams then they happen irl?
>>
Anyone of you ever feel like your dreams aren't your own? Or that your dreaming somebody elses life or episodes from their life?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.