[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magick and Occultism, is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: The Eternal Styxlo.jpg (9KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
The Eternal Styxlo.jpg
9KB, 206x245px
Tl;dr: Is Magic and Occultism Real? And is it worth pursuing?

I've recently been getting into Pagan literature, and decided that I'd learn more about the subject and get into it. More earth-bound and interesting religions offer inspiration to me. But I couldn't decide which path I'd take the time to investigate and follow, search for the truth within. I'm not distinctly Nordic, and the most interesting path I could find is Greco-Roman, so I'm looking more into it.

I started watching StyxHexenHammer666 quite a while ago, and only for his political commentary, but have recently been getting into his more Occultish and paranormal videos series. So I've become more curious about the subject.

So, my few questions are.
Is Magick real?
Do you have any evidence or experience of this?
Is it worth pursuing as a way of gaining knowledge, and perspective?
And will it make my life better?

This can range from the more physical sense, to the more psychological 'Will-to-Power' sense. I'm just curious about this whole thing in general, and who better to ask than the experts!
>>
>>19288498
Oh! And here is the poll if anybody is interested: https://strawpoll.com/4b4f7yxs

It's completely noob-tier, but I was curious about the make up of the various chans.
>>
>>19288511
Magick and Mysticism and occultism can be great, you just typically have to wade thru a bunch of bullshit to find the gems.
This thread:
>>19282835
Can help point you in a good direction. Just don't go in with any preconceived notions, and don't ask any questions you could just google. Good luck!
>>
>>19288498
You're such a dumb sheep holy shit.
Do you really think you can find answers by watching a video or asking a forum?
>>
>>19288742
Right...
So I'm a dumb sheep now.
So I take a little step in not being a dumb sheep.
And you call be a dumb sheep for that.

Is this how you treat all normies who take an interest? :/
>>
>>19288742
Everyone on here has been interesting so far.
Except you.
Fuck you man.
Fuck you.
>>
>>19288765
Yeah, fuck that guy anyway. A lot of people on here like to act 2deep4u, or otherwise act like they are better, smarter, wiser, stronger, etc. than others to falsely inflate their egos. We are all guilty of such inflation, false or otherwise, to some degree...but some of us recognize and correct for errors, and some blunder blindly through life, ever fattening their ego, which is a useful as perpetuating any other illusion or delusion... that is to say, less than useful.
>>
>>19288498
>>19288511
>>19288524
>>19288742
>>19288746
>>19288765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtzU9mVlk0
>>
>>19288498
>Is it real?
Kind of. Are you real? I think you might mean to be asking whether it's overt. Sometimes. If you want to throw fireballs, make petrol bombs.

>Is it worth pursuing?
Yes. Read some goddamn books.

Also, don't take Styx's opinions as gospel. Or give him money.

>>19288746
He means to say that you're asking
>Hey, /x/, should I like thing?
And he's telling you to form your own opinions rather than asking us what to believe.

There's no harm in asking for advice. Take his without regard to the tone it came in.
>>
>>19288498
my friend is into witchcraft and he's also a follower of carlos castaneda and don juan and other ancient stuff from mexico. Anyways he knows more than me obviously, but he says the magick and all that stuff that they do leads to physical abuse, wickedness, sex, peyote and other psychedelic drugs because without it you won't get into that deep state and it leads to your death. It's all bs, not worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>19289508
Is Casteneda that guy who turned out to have been in the library ordering books and taking notes during the times which he claimed to be eating mescaline with "Don Juan"?
>>
>>19289508
>>19289527
In addition to the fact that your 'friend' is following a proven con artist's "teachings" (I use that term loosely), he also happens to be so full of shit his eyes are probably brown. just because the goddamn Cartel don't believe in constructing their "rites" after a historical fashion, doesn't mean that's actually what occultism is actually like, or what it's about. Literally the only people I can think of who do such things as you described are cartel orgs like the "Knights Templar" who basically just LARP while actually killing people and claim to be participating in legitimate ancient rites.
>>
>>19289539
yup but he continues to deny, oh well. I'm still watching him though just in case, he's my co-worker.
>>
>>19289551
I am sure he has seen it, but you should send him this:
http://www.salon.com/2007/04/12/castaneda/

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/the-fake-carlos-castaneda/

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/an-original-richard-de-mille-carlos-castaneda-literary-quackery/
>>
>>19289508
>>19289527
>>19289539
>>19289551
>>19289574
Also, you could always ask him how the yogis and sadhus manage to do it...with all that enlightenment, under his theory, they ought to be walking murderous acid trip!
>>
>>19288498
I dont know do women want to be come like God
>>
File: 1427469032436.png (1MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1427469032436.png
1MB, 1240x1754px
Here is a definitive, empirical answer that occultism is useful:

Occultism involves a great many techniques of self manipulation, mental alchemy, or self-hypnosis. A lot of occult mastery involves separating these abilities from self-deception.

Having your mind cooperating with you in anything you do, something occultism can easily and empirically provide, can have the following effects;

1. Placebo effect to mitigate and suppress illnesses, pain, allergies, whatever.
2. Anxiety, stress, or fear preventing you from doing things? Fuck them.
3. Can't understand a complex concept from one perspective? Shift to another perspective.
4. Higher IQ. Meditation does this, it just does.
5. Neuroplasticity helps prevent you from developing any serious mental or neurological illnesses.

If you think these benefits are worth the effort, then congratulations, occultism is worth it.

Now get out.
>>
File: busou-renkin-485840.jpg (161KB, 800x1260px) Image search: [Google]
busou-renkin-485840.jpg
161KB, 800x1260px
>>19288498
>>
>>19290811
*teleports behind myself before you can*
Also, look at what the 4chan filename of your pic is. Spooky.
>>
>>19290907
that is creepy
>>
Is Styx worth listening to on this subject? If not, is there anyone better?
>>
>>19289292
>And he's telling you to form your own opinions rather than asking us what to believe.
OP is only asking for opinions you retard.
>>
Magic is real and occultism is hidden.
>Is Magick real?
Magic is by definition deception
>Do you have any evidence or experience of this?
I blasted my neighbor's house with a spell to fry his annoying motion sensor light. Holy shit.
>Is it worth pursuing as a way of gaining knowledge, and perspective?
Do you have unbreakable focus, fast wits, good instinct, a memory like an archive, and the ability to puzzle out things that make university philosophers look like children drawing in the mud with sticks?
If so, apply for wizard school online.
>And will it make my life better?
A level 1 wizard is worse than a level 1 fighter. Be honest, 4chan and vidya doesn't level you up.
>>
>>19288498
>Is Magick real?
Well, I know plenty of people who can measure, replicate and have third parties confirming the effects... so it seems as real as it can get.
* points up *
You'll understand things from a perspective you didn't understand before, yes.
Different? Yes. Better? Up for you to decide. Looking back and weighing what I lost against what I gained, I certainly find it worth it.
>who better to ask than the experts!
4chan??!? I mean, I love 4chan for the lulz, but seriously.... 4chan? * facepalm * join the veritas society or some countless magick groups which have an environment far more productive than these fine gentlemen around here have.

>>19288746
>Right... So I'm a dumb sheep now.
If you pursue this little endeavor of yours, better start getting used to it, because in a couple of years it will be YOU who's gonna be putting your hands to your head while asking: "how could I be so dumb before?".

>>19289292
>he's telling you to form your own opinions rather than asking us what to believe.
BINGO
>>
>>19291038
no, he's an edgy fag and way too into himself.
>>19288498
>is magic real?
Yes
Nothing I can prove like pics or videos. Years of experience though.
>Is it worth pursuing as a way of gaining knowledge and perspective?
Yes
>Will it make my life better.
That's up to you. There are risks like going crazy or at least being seen as crazy by normies. Sometimes you might want to go back to just living a normal life.
>>
What are the best books for gaining a basic understanding of this stuff? I downloaded a book about astral projection, figured to start there. Anything else I should look at? I don't care to practice magick really, I just want to understand how it works.
>>
>>19291256
There is no one best book. You'll have to do a lot of research and experimenting. It's just part of learning.
>how it works
Ask 100 people and get 100 answers. I say that it's about using your willpower to guide various outside energies to achieve your desires.
>>
>>19291229
>Nothing I can prove like pics or videos
Forgive my question, but you never bothered to run controlled experiments? Perhaps study in-depth some particular phenomena? Or gather some data, perhaps?

Perhaps it's just me since I don't come from a magick background but rather a psionics one, where everyone in my surroundings is always experimenting with everything.

Just saying this, because when I began years ago, I started with psychokinesis, and still got the very first video I did moving tiny little pieces of paper for future reference.

You know, just sayin.
>>
>>19291301
Hmmm, thanks. I spoke with my friend about the subject. He said all the chanting, rituals and whatnot are only there to make you focus, and that they otherwise have no merit. I will do some searching, anyway. From what I recall he made some similar remark when I asked for specific books.

I'm also wondering about sensing and seeing energy/spirits, and controlling chi, if anyone wants to impart some sources or give insight.
>>
>>19291330
I've been thinking about recreating the rice experiment. This guy had different jars of rice and said either mean or nice things about them. Don't remember if he used a control jar that he just ignored.
>>19291339
Your friend is right. The focus and knowledge of your mind is the real power. As far as seeing energy/spirits, I don't see them, I just sense them. Chi/Ki/Life Energy/Soul/Spirit, it's all the same shit. It's called energy manipulation. There are many ways to think about and use it just like there are different computer languages that may have slight differences but in the end can get the same job done.
>>
>>19288746
You're still a dumb sheep, you didn't take a single step.
You just need attention, that's all you're good for.
>>
>>19288498
short answer yes but the real question you need to ask is why you are interested in magick what do you want?
>>
To all the faggots who defended >>19288742 as trying to >>>>>>imply some mystical wisdom about self-discovery and the """""journey"""" to knowledge.

>>19291536
Please notice exactly how little knowledge posts like this contributed. Hint: The answer is, "None at all."
>>
File: 1499754615035.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1499754615035.gif
3MB, 200x170px
If you're interested in paganism, and if you come from a christian background - paganism isn't really a religion of sorts, its more of a collection of 'things' that people do, you can't really go into it expecting to follow a bible, or a specific set of commandments because those are mostly abrahamic constructions with no real pan-pagan analogue. There will only rarely be any express commands like : You must sacrifice corn every Thursday".

To start I would begin with the wort-lore/animism of the particular country you are in, find your people's patron deity, just read up from there.

You will also encounter a colossal amount of bullshit coming from the two camps of paganism : namely universalists and folkists.

Universalists believe that "Anyone" can practice any particular variation of paganism, so a Mexican can practice finnic shamanism or an African-American could practice Celtic polytheism. A god position but tends to be very wishy-washy and they are often rather eclectic.

Folkists believe that only people from a particular ethnic group may practice a specific ethnic paganism, e.g. Only Scandinavians can practice norse polytheism. Only Greeks can practice Hellenism etc. This is MUCH more common in America than it is in the rest of the world, like the AFA or native americas sperging about "spiritual colonisation".

I personally take a third position (Landist?) where geographical location trumps ethnicity. So in my country, I think any ethnicity could practice our form of paganism, but it only really makes sense to practice it in this country due to it being where all the sacred sites/wortlore/legends etc actually take place.
>>
>>19291632
So what does that mean in burgerland? I gotta be a shroom munching shaaman?
>>
>>19290794
Krillen really needs to learn how to aim that destructo disk of his.
>>
>>19291658
That's certainly one path, but it might lead you somewhere different than where' you're expecting, but not necessarily in a bad way.
>>
>>19291611
Back to your youtube videos, turd.
>>
>>19291658

I think eclecticism is the best option for americans
>>
>>19291677
>>19291727
While I'm here, I have a question that's been bugging me. Do harder drugs (particularly spice i.e. fake weed and crack) destroy your ability to be spiritual if that makes any sense? The reason I'm asking is because I've done my fair share of substances and my senses and overall mental ability have decreased drastically and even with time to recuperate I'm still not at the same level as I was in my early twenties. Am I just getting old and noticing the differences or did I fuck myself up for good?

You know you have it bad when the two entities that have been terrorizing you for years fuck off when you smoke crack.
>>
>>19288511
>dominated by Christians and trolls
Fucking corpse eaters.
>>
File: mememagicisreal.jpg (65KB, 1144x145px) Image search: [Google]
mememagicisreal.jpg
65KB, 1144x145px
>>19288498
Try it. If it works like it's real, call it real.
>>
>>19291444
Thanks again.
>>
>>19291611
OP asks about fundamentals of reality, anon replies (in embellished prosaic 4chan jargon) that those answers don't float around in mass-media... Perhaps he's got a point, you know.

>>19291339
Practitioners I talk to tend to agree psionics produces fast results while magick produces stronger ones... so here's some old step-by-step hands-on approach quick guides to answer your questions about "is it real?", "how to sense?", "how to control?", etc, etc.

Sensing:
Introduction to energy: http://web.archive.org/web/20081205180532/http://www.psipog.net:80/art-introduction-to-energy.html
Sensitivity Manual; How to Spark it and Keep it Growing: http://web.archive.org/web/20090105231647/http://psipog.net/art-sensitivity-manual.html
How to Practice: http://web.archive.org/web/20081207001932/http://psipog.net:80/art-how-to-practice.html
How to Measure/Verify Your Skills: http://web.archive.org/web/20081217042817/http://psipog.net:80/art-how-to-verify-your-skills.html
Controlling:
The Art of Programming: http://web.archive.org/web/20081217042912/http://psipog.net:80/art-the-art-of-programming.html
Shelling Guide: http://web.archive.org/web/20090118133844/http://psipog.net:80/art-the-shelling-guide.html
Force Bubbles: http://web.archive.org/web/20090118163000/http://psipog.net:80/art-force-bubbles.html
>>
File: tumblr_mhbbl3Bq3u1rxxdvdo1_400.jpg (58KB, 374x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhbbl3Bq3u1rxxdvdo1_400.jpg
58KB, 374x480px
>we wizards now
>can't even spell yet
go to school faggots stop larping
>>
>>19292835
Big thanks for the help, sir!
>>
>>19288498
daddy!
>>
>Is Magick real
If you believe it, it will affect you and you will affect the world around you.
>Is it worth pursuing
If you read the right texts, and can discern charlatanry, then you'll end up mostly with philosophy and classical education, as well as a new grasp on scientific principles.

Worst case scenario, you become more historically and philosophically knowledgeable for nothing (oh no!)

Try starting by reading or listening to The Kybalion of Hermes, A bunch of Manly P. Hall lectures on magick, demonology and so forth, The Mystical Kabbalah, by Dion Fortune, The Book of The Words, by Albert Pike, and checking out The Library of Solomon; the vast occult pdf library found in any Occultism And Magick General thread.

There you can find most of the books I already mentioned, as well as everything from ancient Indian spiritual texts to neo-pagan modern ones, and everything in-between.

Don't start practicing magick without actually knowing the underlying theory behind the traditions and the evolution of traditions you're practicing, otherwise you end up as a fat guy in a white robe that everyone laughs at on the internet.
>>
>>19292865
Hey, look! *THIS* guy again! This anon is *SO* assblasted about people putting the "k" at the end of "magick" to differentiate illusionism from the Art of the Magi, that they blew an autistic gasket over in /omg/ and now are apparently going around to everyone who uses that spelling and acting equally spergtastic. Autism Speaks. It's Time to Listen.
>>
File: hfjff.png (921KB, 1228x654px) Image search: [Google]
hfjff.png
921KB, 1228x654px
>>19293599
>I need to be a snowflake because my larp is not for normies
I'm sure you'll cast magic spells when you can spell magic
until then you're only going to summon a cringe
>>
>>19293631
You're a faggot and magic with a k has been a thing for over a century now. Coming into /x/ with a mindset that everything is RP is retarded and will only result in you failing to realize the esoteric precedents all around you.
>>
>>19293639
>he thinks I don't believe in magic because I hate faggots who need to spell it incorrectly in order to believe it

keep practicing faggot let me know when you've switched cult
>>
>>19293646
You're still a faggot if you believe in magic, you're just a faggot because
>muh purity of language

The word is here and well-defined and it's not going to change because you shitposted hard enough on 4chan.
>>
>>19293646
>spell incorrectly.

I tried explaining this to you last time.
"Magick" is Early Modern English, same as "puke" and "elbow". It's not misspelled. It's not archaic, it fell into disuse and was revived.

When this was pointed out, you replied with something about "Ye Olde" which is more of a Late Middle English convention, which would fly if we're talking about German (where "Magick" was lifted from).

But again I don't expect FUNposters to have much linguistic background.
>>
>>19293665
if it's not genuine magic

why pretend?
>>
>>19293663
>The word is here
exactly: magic
>>
>>19293631
You're so adorable, anon. There's nothing quite so cute as full-blown, low-functioning, absolutely persistent autism. Now maybe you can go try humbling everyone who spells "theatre" with -re instead of -er!
>>
>>19293681
Don't be a faggot. Etymology isn't a statement about genuity.
>>
>>19293691
maybe not because there's nothing pretentious about that
>>
>>19293701
spelling things incorrectly even less so
>>
>>19293703
>There's nothing quite so cute as full-blown, low-functioning, absolutely persistent autism.
>>
>>19293747
>when you call someone autistic because you ignore their argument
come on you ought to be more than just a hypocrite we had this talk yesterday
>>
>>19293775
>"argument"
"WAHH I don't like (that thing you do) and WAH I don't like (the perfectly sound explanation I was given)" Doesn't exactly count as an "argument" bud. Hence the repeated implications of autism.

>"LE HYPOCRITE"
>>19289376
>>19289515
>>19289536
Ah yes, sorry, I forgot your obviously well-informed and compelling assertion.
>>
>>19293793
thanks but you don't seem capable of forming a counter argument. you are only defensive and the only stance you take on what I have to say is by mocking me, while what I say still stands.

MAGIC

NOT MAGICKKK
>>
Baby Jesus is gay.
>>
>>19293804
Not the other anon but I am the one that called you a faggot for willingly choosing to get bent out of shape about a commonly accepted word. Your argument appears to be, after wading through all the blatant contentless shitposting, that the """"""""gorrect"""""""" term is actually "magic."

The only thing that makes a word correct or incorrect is the intent the author held when using it. By mere definition, you are a faggot for trying to """"""""""correct""""""""""" anyone's use of any word.

I hope you can understand that my calling you a faggot has nothing to do with refuting your argument. My assessment that you are a faggot is unrelated to the fact that you are entirely wrong.
>>
File: 1500062744937.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500062744937.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>19293804
>MAGIC
>NOT MAGICKKK
>>19293665

Just because you reject the historicity of the word doesn't mean it's not actually legitimate.
>>
>>19293804
Actually, Ape has clearly explained to you, two or three times, exactly why, how and wherefore the spelling is used for that word. Do you seriously need each individual at whom you are sperging to refute your retardation? Will it make you feel that much better if EVERYONE answers you, rather than letting the first person to respond answer for all of us? You should really get outside and see a tree or something.

>>19293665
>>19289304
Also, for someone who makes accusations like this:
>>19289239
you REALLY seem to be the only one insistent that everyone else vconform to YOUR view, because that's the way YOU think, and therefore THE ONLY RIGHT WAY. None of us are telling anyone how to do anything, except for you. Not only that, but you act like no amount of reason, history, or facts are going to get in your way. It doesn't get much more SPESHUL SNOWFLAKE SJW than that!
>>
>>19293831
>>19293833
>>19293835
Well anons, the time has come... the anon will either double down on the autism, " I WUZ ONLEE *PRETENDING 2 RETARD," or, preferably, piss off. We shall see....any bets?
>>
>>19293835
This. I'm actually glad I helped shitpost today. With any luck we managed to contain him in this thread by engaging the shitposts both preceding, containing, and following his """"""argument.""""""

There will be other magick threads.
>>
>>19293835
>you

>>>19289239
^This guy? Ain't me.
>>
File: 599.png (38KB, 200x223px) Image search: [Google]
599.png
38KB, 200x223px
>>19293831
>The only thing that makes a word correct or incorrect is the intent the author held when using it.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
funny when you realized "magick" was stolen from some history book and assigned a different meaning than it's original meaning.
The same faggot who did this did the same with "satanism" which """satanists""" claim has nothing to do with Satan.
You can't just point at a tree and call it an apple.
"but I intend for it to be right"
I can intend for 2+2 to be 5 but it's very fucking wrong.
fucking pathetic cultists larpers should get the fuck off /x/ and start their own little club you guys are beyond sad
>I hope you can understand that my calling you a faggot has nothing to do with refuting your argument. My assessment that you are a faggot is unrelated to the fact that you are entirely wrong.
benis
>>
>>19293856
>magick
top fucking kek
eat a dick you god damn hippy derivatives
you are just low definition hippies.
>>
>>19293879
>You can't just point at a tree and call it an apple.
You are a faggot.

I hope my intent isn't too veiled to get past your autistic eyes.
>>
>>19293879
>realized "magick" was stolen from some history book and assigned a different meaning than it's original meaning
>>>/Magic/
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magic#English

Alternative forms
magick (fantasy, occult) Used as a deliberate archaism; used for supernatural magic, as distinguished from stage magic.
magicke (obsolete)
magique (obsolete)

Etymology
From Middle English magyk, from Old French magique (noun and adjective), from Latin magicus (adjective), magica (noun use of feminine form of magicus), from Ancient Greek μαγιkός (magikós, “magical”), from μάγος (mágos, “magus”). Ultimately from Old Iranian, probably derived from Proto-Indo-European *meh2gh- (“to be able to, to help; power, sorcerer”). Displaced native Middle English dweomercraft (“magic, magic arts”) (from Old English dwimor (“phantom, illusion”) + cræft (“art”)), Old English galdorcræft (“magic, enchantment”), Old English drȳcræft (“magic, sorcery”).

>I should note the Old French was transmitted to the German grimoire tradition which interfaced greatly with the Anglosphere
>>
>>19293899
>more larping
wow so real omg real magic guys whoooaah
weed dude
>>
>>19293901
Yeah. They used to spell "magic" like "magick" and some other people then proceeded to call "illusions and trickery" "magic tricks"
This offended the larpers with small benises who have reasons to believe in actual magic
>"but dats not real magic!"
>"fucking heck, i need muh wordz and shiet"
>MAGICK
>WE WIZARDS NOW

For Intellectually disadvantaged tier Wizards.
>>
File: 1490611156723.jpg (103KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1490611156723.jpg
103KB, 500x517px
Why is the spelling of the word "magic" an issue again?

I have never understood the point of these debates.
>>
>>19293953
Just one faggot acting intentionally upset for god knows what shill purpose.
>>
So a recently married couple share a bed and in the morning the husband tries to explain his needs to his wife without wanting to be rude.

So he comes up with a riddle, it went "what rises in the morning?"
"The sun?" She said, oblivious.
"Well that's technically correct but I didn't mean that", the man said.
"The cock and the hens?" The woman replied, because that's the first sound they normally wake up to.
The man was unsure she would ever understand the hint on her own, so impatiently he played into her naivity.
"Yes. And it looks like there a cock right here in our bed", after which he proceeded to show her his pennis and also dicke and balls.
This became such a memorable play that the couple kept referring to his peener as a cock and this is how cock became synonymous for penis.

What didn't happen though was people being huge autists and forming a lynch mob to justify the couple for their linguistic atrocity. It angered no-one, not even the deranged lonesome farmer who fucked hens, that cock became slang for penis. In fact it was him who then bragged that he shagged chicks, and the townsfolk assumed he was delusional and referred to young women, not realizing he referred to hens. This is how chick became synonymous for young woman.
"Hey old crazy man did you lay with any ladies," they pestered.
"The chicks are eager for the cock," the old crazy man would brag.

But I digress. Nobody felt the urge to find new words when other things lend their name off things for the original thing.

Nobody in their right mind feels it necessary to say "magick" when they mean magic just because some people think you mean magic tricks when you say magic. The fault is theirs, and it's nothing to be mad for. It can be helped by saying "no I mean actual magic" and not be a faggot and start forcing an ancient spelling to be devisive.

I am tempted to steal the word magick and give it another meaning to force you faggots to invent yet another spelling.
>>
>>19288498
jeah its realt
yeah magick is a way to reprogram your subconsciousness
depends on if you can handle the consequences better be careful
>>
>>19289292
this
>>
>>19290794
>>19290794
this
>>
>>19293953
It's to make a clear differentiation between stage magic and ritual magic in a way that demands a minimum of effort. Houdini did magic, Crowley did magick, and both would be appalled to be lumped together. It's a 19th century thing, back before public opinion turned dismissive of superstitions.
>>
>>19294453
Do you believe the distinction warrants this level of debate?
>>
File: GrammatikZeit.png (135KB, 275x378px) Image search: [Google]
GrammatikZeit.png
135KB, 275x378px
Thank you /x/,
thank you admin,
thank you janitors,
thank you moot,
thank you brahma,
thank you lord,
thank you jesus,
thank you krishna,
thank you chubby,
thank you bieber,
thank you kek,
thank you god,
thank you osiris,
thank you waifu,
thank you holy cow,
and thank you anons,

for finally having ONE thread on /x/ that doesn't derail into an instant humongous train of 12yo level dumbfaggotery, larping and shitposting.

Being in the grammar gestapo is now the pinnacle of my life!!!

We're finally heading somewhere here in /x/, so bring out ya dictionaries, mates.
>>
>>19291866
It can definitely be a barrier, since prolonged drug use can damage the higher brain functions, which are essential, but it's not one that can't be overcome, you just might have to put in extra work.
>>
>>19293901
I only practice magique
>>
>>19295222
>ya

your*
>>
Occult literally means hidden, this the seeker of occult lore is a seeker of hidden knowlege. In the secret there is power, discovering a secret also unlocks your own opinion of your mental competency...

I will give an example. Prior to the 16th century let's say a man discovers a way to create and harness electricity. A hidden force that can power machines and kill in manipulated in a certain way. If this person keeps their knowledge of this force hidden and only to those they initiate they have an enormous power within the group over the rest of the mundane world. But if their secrets were to be exposed they would lose their power and advantage over other people...

So now you understand why secret societies and cults have secrets. The Masonic guild initially hide the secrets of geometry because math at one point was seen as an occult art. Ancient Egypt was seen as a haven for mathematics and Romans and Greeks alike travelled there to learn it's secrets...

It's obvious in our modern day the concept of magic has been tainted by people using the Jewish Quaballa form of magic, which involves alot of trickery. Jews noticed the more you hide something the more people want to know it...but if you hide it in plain sight and cause someone to wade through disinformation it is much easier to hide...

As for different schools of the occult and "Paganism" basically there is only so much truth to the universe but some choose I view it through a cultural lense. For example of you are a Germanic descendant it may be easier for you to use Germanic/Asatru lore to find the truth vs if you studied native American spirituality.

I personally have met people from several different schools of thought and have sought to extract as much knowlege as possible, whether they are Native American, Asians or Germanic. Everyone believes something for a reason, the trick is to get rid of the filler, the cultural admixture and find TRUTH. Such is the way of Odin, the wanderer.
>>
>>19293868
I did not accuse you of being that guy. That's our assposter. I thought I clarified that with my text break.
>>
>>19293804
The spelling of the word with a "k" was developed by Crowley to differentiate what occultists and the like do, from what guys pulling bunnies out of top hats do. Use it or don't. It isn't wrong if you are looking at it in the correct context; it just may not be to everyone's liking.

Maybe before you criticize something, you should fucking know something about it?
>>
>>19297158
maybe before you accuse someone make sure that it's based on something
i perfectly know the reasons you motherfucking retard that doesn't make it any more sensible you fucking dimwit
spelling magic with a k is for people who are too autistic to understand one word can mean something different in a different context

it's totally retarded

But I alreadly knew wizard was the magick spelling for retard
>>
>>19297158
>The spelling of the word with a "k" was developed by Crowley
It's used extensively for mystical operations in early modern grimoires like that of Arthur Gauntlet's and in Germany through a bit later; the use of 'k' in the Anglosphere fell out of disuse by the late 1700's and was revived in the early 1900's, probably directly due to the influence of Levi's writings in the original French (on Crowley and others).

>>19298588
Oh look he's still here spraying the walls with his projectile autisms.
>>
>>19294466
Remember that at one time theologians were having fistfights over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

People will bicker viciously over something that they believe impacts on their importance. I don't actually have a dog in this fight, so naturally I think it's silly to care about.
>>
>>19298783
>whole world says magic
>only a select group of faggot larpers needs to add a pointless k
>it's the world that's autistic

Nobody cares enough about people who believe in magic to remind you that the majority use a word to describe your believes that has no k in it
it's because you're very stupid not the other way around
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.