[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The whole concept of Heaven and Eternal Life is just stupid.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: gCVY8.jpg (24KB, 350x224px) Image search: [Google]
gCVY8.jpg
24KB, 350x224px
The whole concept of Heaven and Eternal Life is just stupid. What the heck you going to do with forever, there only so options and choices that you'll eventually run out of new things to do, that's if you have any choice in doing anything because according to Christian theology, you'll be stuck in a state mindless bliss for all of eternity, sapped of your free will only to become a mindless drone singing praises to some egotistical deity forever and ever. Is that what you people really want? This doesn't sound like some sort of reward to me, it sounds like punishment. I like my free will, and the thought that things eventually end places value on those things, to have happiness forever does nothing but make happiness worthless. No thank you, I do not want Eternal Life in Heaven.
>>
You won't be getting it anyway.
>>
>>19199710
Thank Jesus for that. I don't want to be a mindless revenant
>>
>>19199696

Considering eternity is more a state of being than a thing you have to trudge through, yes. I understand disliking the concept of just being forever, too, though. Unless your gripe is specifically with the Christian heaven in which case just bash the religion. If Christianity is right, hell is just getting your soul obliterated and you get what you want.
>>
The concept eternal life is a way for humans to attempt to "survive". All creatures have the need and drive to live as long as possible, but humans are the only creatures smart enough to know what death is, so they make up a way to convince themselves they will live forever.
>>
>>19199715
>If Christianity is right, hell is just getting your soul obliterated
Ever notice that sounds just like the Buddhist Nirvana where your "self" gets snuffed out? And you are not telling the truth about Heaven according Christian theology, in it you still live in time but this time you have Eternal Life, you become immortal and the Bible does states you'll be in a state of bliss, praising God all the time. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy, not even the Talking Snake. The Christian heaven is just a stupid and childish concept
>>
>>19199731
Hey I'm not here to defend or support it I'm just telling you how it is. I think nirvana is cooler but you specially mentioned Christian heaven.

>>19199730
Humans are also capable of experiencing nde's and
>>
>>19199696
The concept is just as stupid as limited life for no reason on a flying water in space.
Atheists are autistic though I feel sorry for you op.
>>
>>19199827
flying ball*
Also you don't get that 99% of it is a methaphore. Get over yourself.
>>
>>19199827
I am not an atheist, halfwit
>>
>>19199696
Then you'll experience Hell until you get bored of that.
Congratulations, you just realized the universe works in cycles.
>>
>>19199922
>Then you'll experience Hell until you get bored of that.
I don't think so, buddy.
>>
>>19199887
You sound like a total faggot though. Then what are you?
>>
>>19199696
it probably sure beats eternal damnation
>>
>>19199696
i would agree with you OP i do like science a lot but i had a experience when i was little. i will give you the short version well as short as i can make it

i was a accident like most people. my grandmother on my fathers side had a arranged marriage planned for my father. my mother was just some bitch he could fuck but not get pregnant. she got pregnant and wouldnt abort. she probably just wanted his money or the money he would have had if he didnt disobey his mother and get disowned

any ways she tried to have me killed when i was 2 and a half. she said i was a mistake but mistakes can be erased. i flipped out and went on a rant in the store. my mother wouldnt take me home when i told her to and i went off on the old bitch. in retrospect a child that small shouldnt normally be able to do that but i did the best i could with a limited vocabulary

a woman and child leave. they mirror my mom and me in looks but not exactly the same. they are run over on a pier by a drunk guy. my mother was upset that i "ruined it" she didnt even understand she would have been run over but i didnt realize she was in on it until then. thats why she wouldnt take me home when i said

my father tried to poison me with a coke bottle (glass) full of gassoline. he handed it to me and said it was coke . i spit it out but when you spit you exhale. when i inhaled the fumes burned my lungs and i started to hyperventilate then convulse and turned pale. i survived

i realized this would never stop and tried to run away when my mother wasnt paying attention (common). in the woods near were we were staying i cried and was told by something i couldnt see that i shouldnt be afraid. i will forget everything and be able to live like normal for a while but i will remember eventually and by then they wont be a threat. sure enough i hadnt thought about it for years and they did stop
>>
>>19199954
Eternal damnation is just as stupid a concept as eternal bliss, but at least when you are eternally damned you still maintain a state of consciousness instead being in a complete state of ignorant bliss forever
>>
>>19199952
>Then what are you?
Myself.
>>
>>19199954
Actually darkmatter perfectly expains it,in eternal damnation,You would still have free will and do whatever you want (ofcourse you wont be able since its hell)
But in eternal bliss,it's just that,mindlessly worshiping God for infinity like a brainwashed sheep.
>>
>>19199972
I am sorry you had to experience
>>
>>19199988
My fucking god anon. Seek psychological bystand you really have autism I'm sorry.
>>
>>19200009
You telling me to go seek help and you believe living as a brain dead zombie in a magical fairy land is a good thing? Go fuck yourself
>>
>>19200032
No anon seek help. I believe in spirituality. There may be an after life but I know a lot of what is in the bible is methaphorial. Don't be such a faggot. Are you Swedish btw?
>>
>>19200041
Metaphorical, you fucking moron. Get help for what, not believing in bullshit like you do? No thank you. I prefer the bullshit free life
>>
>>19200067
Cool. So are you Swedish?
>>
>>19200077
Fuck off. What the fuck does Sweden have to do with shit? Just fuck off
>>
>>19200090
What country are you from? I'm just curious.
>>
>>19200099
Unlike you, somewhere civilized.
>>
>>19200106
Stop with the autism please. It's so painful. Where do you live? It's Sweden isn't it.
>>
>>19200115
>>>/int/
>>
>>19200115
A person obsessed with what country I live in is calling me autistic? Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1422183590717.png (491KB, 499x597px) Image search: [Google]
1422183590717.png
491KB, 499x597px
I've felt the same way since I was young going to Catholic school. It sounds fucking awful, honestly. Of course, assuming both exist, hell would still be worse than heaven.

I wouldn't want to live here forever, so why the hell would I want to live somewhere else forever? Living forever just seems like a hell in and of itself.
>>
>>19200118
>>19200120
Ok you're Swedish. I'm just sad though. What happened to you people. Why are cucks ruining your beautiful land with your fucking autism.
>>
>>19200125
After the first million years of "eternal bliss", I would be begging God to just kill me.
>>
>>19200133
t. 56%
>>
File: 1480071149999.png (185KB, 713x521px) Image search: [Google]
1480071149999.png
185KB, 713x521px
>>19200133
>can't defend his position
>has to resort to ad hominem

Stop being a retard.
>>
>>19200145
No enough. I don't want Sweden to die. Stop it now take super male vitality and brain force and just stop it!
>>
File: Screenshot_146.png (479KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_146.png
479KB, 466x466px
>>19200009
>>19200041
>>19200077
>>19200099
>>19200115
>>19200133
>>19200162
>>
>>19200162
such repetition and sorrow at petty things.
autism incarnate
>>
>No beer in heaven

Said who?

Oh, that's right, beer is cat piss compared to what one will drink in heaven.
>>
>>19200326
Alcohol is a poison to the body and the Bible commands followers to keep themselves pure and not imbibe intoxicants.

Don't plan to get fucked up in Heaven.
>>
>>19200372
What does the bible have to say about smoking Joint of weed once a month? Is it poison to my body and soul?
>>
>>19200372
Yeah and that's why Jesus went to hell for offering & drinking wine.

Why do christfags have the impending need to go around and project their subjective takes on biblical morality upon people? complete waste of energy just like this post
>>
>>19199696
Maybe you already died.

>Die
>eternal freedom to do whatever
>like 100 years later
>get bored
>live a new life to reset things (fake planet. its heaven so anything's possible, perfect 1:1 reconstruction of earth and everything else). Maybe change some stuff, like see what it'd be like to not have a sister or some gay crap like that.
>"Die"
>Eternal freedom
>Get bored
>New life
>Die
>repeat forever
>>
>>19200312
He would've made hitler proud
>>
>>19200326
>>19200372
>>19200407
>>19200427
It beer in Valhalla niggas
>>
>>19199696
>theres only so many options and choices

WRONG. And also, even if there were, it's HEAVEN. You could just jump in the "amazing orgasmic wonderful pure happiness and bliss that doesnt get boring" pit for the rest of your life. You could literally feel nothing but the best feeling in the world for the rest of eternity. And you could change your brain so that you don't get bored or have any thoughts. And assuming heaven means "you can do literally anything", you would be able to find an eternity you like just by going "magic heaven powers, tell me what I need to do to be the happiest I can possibly be with the rest of my eternity" then it'd just tell you what you'd like most.
>>
>>19200472
You're both wrong.
>>
>>19199827
>for no reason

I don't think you understand, the only reason you're here on this planet today is because it was the only planet, out of billions of planets, that had the right stuff to make life. There must've been millions other out there with all but one of the right shit to make life. Some had the sun a bit too close, some had not enough oxygen in the atmosphere. This planet just happened to have the right mix. All we are is an incredibly complex series of chemical reactions.
>>
File: Odin2.jpg (184KB, 754x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Odin2.jpg
184KB, 754x1059px
>>19200457
Glory to the All-Father!
>>
According to the Bible and Christianity, God is going to create a new earth and heaven after judgement and restore all of creation to perfection. I don't think it will be a static thing, but a higher mode of being, in which those who ascend coparticipate with God towards creation and care towards temporal life, as the connection between the world and the kingdom of heaven will be bridged again. This isn't just eternal bowing down, but a higher state of being and relationship with the infinite God
>>
>>19200492
Stop with all you science and such, I wanna believe in my magical beings.
>>
>>19199696
Im glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff.
I don't want to live forever, at least I don't think I do. But I also don't want to die.
My only hope is that Ill be tired of living by the time I'm old and will embrace death.
And if we do live forever in bliss, is that so bad I wonder? I mean, we'll be content forever, I don't think boredom will be a problem. I just can't fathom eternity. Will I remember all this a thousand years from now? Or a million? Or trillions of years?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.