[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism and Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 77

File: 1493999189540.jpg (26KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
1493999189540.jpg
26KB, 300x355px
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyoRzZrF00
>>
In ultimate truth, emptiness, there are no wrathful or peaceful aspects because all phenomena are of one nature. Therefore, those who possess deep knowledge of ultimate truth have no basis for developing unpleasant feelings upon perceiving unattractive objects because they realize that ultimately there are no truly existent unattractive or attractive objects.
>>
File: 9.jpg (13KB, 71x77px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
13KB, 71x77px
bump
>>
Brump
>>
Are there any good books on that mega link about opening chakras?
>>
Any experts on ritual magic?
What are dandelion seeds and rosemary flowers used for in rituals?
>>
>>19159027

Whatever the user feels like using them for. Just because some people may assign them all the same qualities, doesn't mean that applies to everyone, and making assumptions in regards to magic is pants-on-head ignorant.
>>
>>19158886
Check the Eastern folder. I haven't read through them but I'm sure there's something there, if anywhere.
>>
>>19159051
Alright thanks.
>>
>>19159032
>magic is whatever you habeeb in
You make occultists look bad.
>>
>>19157893
pumb
>>
Story time to kick the thread alive:

Following Madame Blavatsky´s death Theosophical Society was divided between Olcott, Judge and Mrs Besant, each of claiming succession by direct communication of the so called "Mahatmas". Eventually, Mrs Besant practically took over the leadership of Theosophical Society.

Annie Besant took the Theosophical Society towards a new orientation, maybe out of desperation or for other unknown reasons the society at large was desperate for "World Teacher" or "Maitreya" and thus "The Order of the Star in the East" was formed in 1911 which aim was to "to prepare the world for the arrival of a messianic entity, the so-called World Teacher or Maitreya"

The young man who was being raised to fulfill this role of "Theosophical" messiah was a Hindu boy named Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Mrs. Besant appointed herself as the legal guardian of Jiddu, also adopting his brother Nityananda, who was to fulfill some secondary mission (Nityananda ultimately died young without being able to fulfill his messianic enterprises of Theosophy)

Sometime between late April and late May 1909, at the private beach of the Theosophical Society Headquarters in Adyar, Chennai, Leadbeater encountered Jiddu Krishnamurti, a fourteen-year-old South Indian Brahmin

Leadbeater, a controversial figure whose knowledge on occult matters was highly respected by the Society's leadership, came to believe young Krishnamurti was a suitable candidate for the vehicle of the World Teacher – despite the boy's reputedly dull personality and lackluster intellect

Following the "discovery", Leadbeater began occult examinations of Krishnamurti, to whom he had assigned the pseudonym Alcyone – the name of a star in the Pleiades star cluster, and of characters from Greek mythology.
>>
>>19159183

In late 1910 the Theosophical Society published the first work "by Alcyone", a booklet entitled At the Feet of the Master. The book became very popular among Theosophists.
In April 1911 Besant founded the Order of the Star in the East. It was named after the Star of Bethlehem, signifying the proclaimed approach of the new vehicle of Christ-Maitreya in Jiddu Krishnamurti

Aleister Crowley wrote of the matter:
>The Black School has always worked insidiously, by treachery. We need then not be surprised by finding that its most notable representative was the renegade follower of Blavatsky, Annie Besant, and that she was charged by her Black masters with the mission of persuading the world to accept for its Teacher a negroid Messiah (1). To make the humiliation more complete, a wretched creature was chosen who, to the most loathsome moral qualities, added the most fatuous imbecility. And then blew up! (Quote from Magick Without Tears)

By the late 1920s, Jiddu Krishnamurti's emphasis in public talks and private discussions had changed. He had been gradually discarding or contradicting Theosophical concepts and terminology, disagreeing with leading Theosophists, and talking less about the World Teacher; public interest, and attendance at his speaking engagements, remained high

Finally, on 3 August 1929, at the Ommen Star Camp, Krishnamurti disbanded the Order in front of Besant and about 3,000 members.

Despite the changes in Krishnamurti's outlook and pronouncements during the preceding years (and more recent rumors of impending dissolution), the ending of the Order and its mission shocked many of its supporters. Prominent Theosophists openly or under various guises turned against Krishnamurti – including Leadbeater, who reputedly stated, "the Coming has gone wrong
>>
File: yin-yang.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
yin-yang.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Bump.
>>
>>19159183
>Following the "discovery", Leadbeater began occult examinations of Krishnamurti, to whom he had assigned the pseudonym Alcyone – the name of a star in the Pleiades star cluster, and of characters from Greek mythology.
>occult examinations

>its just another word for rape

lol
leadbeater
>>
File: 526347.jpg (6KB, 177x285px) Image search: [Google]
526347.jpg
6KB, 177x285px
>>19159197
IIRC, Leadbeater never was sentenced for a rape or molestation.

However, he was part of a scandal where he had literally been giving masturbation instructions to a group of young boys as part of their "spiritual training" or something like that.

Leadbeater did later in life actually hang out with some Catholic priest who was sentenced for molestation in Australia, but I do not think Leadbeater himself at least never got caught for raping anybody.
>>
>>19159211
>However, he was part of a scandal where he had literally been giving masturbation instructions to a group of young boys as part of their "spiritual training" or something like that.

Ah, was the theosophical society involved with that scandal?

still thinking of the times back then an older white guy dragging around an Indian kid...you get the picture.
>>
File: U.G Krishnamurti.jpg (35KB, 381x434px) Image search: [Google]
U.G Krishnamurti.jpg
35KB, 381x434px
>>19159211
>>19159197
Also possibly note of interest: the infamous self-proclaimed Anti-Guru U.G Krishnamurti (Not to be confused with the Theosophic Messiah Jiddu Krishnamurti) as a young man used to work in the library of Leadbeater.

>That Summer, U.G. Krishnamurti worked in C. W. Leadbeater's personal library, rearranging his books for almost three months. He had always wondered how Leadbeater wrote about the past lives of Jiddu Krishnamurti published under the title, Lives of Alcyone. When U.G. looked at the collection of books Leadbeater had in his personal library, he said to himself, "He has read all the ancient histories of practically every civilization in the world. No wonder he could fit Krishnamurti's past lives into these histories.' That confirmed his skepticism about Leadbeater's powers of clairvoyance which he was credited with by the members of the Theosophical Movement.
>>
>>19159225
>Ah, was the theosophical society involved with that scandal?

Well not exactly. Theosophical Society expelled Leadbeater in 1906 for this accident for a threat of scandal and "pruden silence" was maintained on the real reason of the explusion. It was later that a letter written by Mrs. Besant came to light in which she spoke of methods "worthy of the severest reprobation"

However, Leadbeater was reinstated nonetheless in 1908 back after having "promised not to repeat the dangerous advice formely given to young people" ie. self-pollution or masturbation advices.
>>
>>19159187
>Literally publishing a book called "Upanishad"
>>
>>19159187
The World Teacher debacle has direct implications in Thelema, especially with Gunther trying to reactivate that office.
>>
>>19159434
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIEfmSUQ_z4
>>
>>19159480
https://youtu.be/PJwdQE41i24?t=96
>>
File: abraxas.jpg (33KB, 350x413px) Image search: [Google]
abraxas.jpg
33KB, 350x413px
>>19159484
>>19159484
I rather watch Manson interviews than some weird Sadguru "wisdom" sessions on youtube.

There is this good movie/documentary called "Charles Manson Superstar", it has lots of stuff on Manson´s beliefs and occult stuff about Manson talking about Abraxas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E9PNFE4dJQ

"That´s Abraxas, man!"
>>
>>19159499
>There is this good movie/documentary called "Charles Manson Superstar", it has lots of stuff on Manson´s beliefs and occult stuff about Manson talking about Abraxas.
The interview I posted is the raw tape Barry Dubin filmed of Manson right after Boyd Rice got him sent to the hole; Boyd had forgotten to empty his pockets of bullets from a day at the range and went to go see Manson, prison authorities thought Boyd was trying to smuggle contraband.
>>
http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/16/marty-rathbuns-project-becomes-clear-someones-worried-about-scientology-and-the-irs/
>>
File: download.jpg (567KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
567KB, 1600x1200px
>>19157893
Hello. I'm this guy's ego.
I was the one that started putting the /sum/ pastebin on these OPs again after it was lost for quite a while. You guys are continuing a tradition I established.

I'm pleased. Also nice thread theme.

Ego out.
>>
>>19159704
Nice thread theme indeed.

What's y'all's favorite translation of the Daodejing? I'm reading this one currently. Pretty comfy. I've also read the Wilhem and Crowley and Mitchell. I like this one the best so far.
>>
File: IMG_0920.jpg (64KB, 334x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0920.jpg
64KB, 334x499px
>>19159709
Forgot image
>>
>>19159694
>dude knows how to party.
I ran a party house for years.
>>
>>19159714
I forget which one it is, but I remember reading one that gave several notes on the translation itself, clarifying points that may have been difficult reading just the one. I liked that.
>>
>>19159694
What if he doesn't want to get laid?

>>19159681
Not enough information.
>>
>>19159717
Kinda jelly of you sometimes. I partied for a couple years and blew my mind with too much psychedelics. Now I have to stay on meds or my bipolar/schizoaffective/schizophrenia acts up. I know the evidence is likely that I was predisposed beforehand but I can't help but feel that I made some connections I shouldn't have by altering my brain chemistry constantly.

Interestingly enough, however, blowing my mind was good for my magical progress. Moved from the psych model to the spirit model and from chaos magick to Golden Dawn.

Lots of other weird maybe mystical perks as well. A dream come true disguised as a nightmare.

But back to the topic at hand, if a dilettante discordian dabbler like me can get laid with sigils alone as I did in the past then I can only imagine how many alt-girls Ape's magister templi freakiness attracts.
>>
>>19159738
That just means you were born with a predisposition toward hallucinatory illness, or some kinda latent thing, anon. Not that you "blew your mind" with drugs. That probably was the trigger, though. Never heard of someone having schizophrenia AND schizo-affective .
>>
>>19159720
The one I posted is very much like that. Perhaps overly technical for some but I'm an avid philosophy reader so I find clarity in obscurity.
>>19159730
Good point. I myself have been celibate for the past five years. Waiting to meet the right someone and trying to get my life in order. It's actually somewhat refreshing. Kinda liberating. I still beat it occasionally tho.
>>
>>19159772
>schizophrenia AND schizo-affective
He's probably cross symptomatic leading different psychiatrists to apply different labels depending on their education and his outward manifestations that week/month.

DSM isn't "neat boxes" it's "clusters of weird shit that sometimes group well and respond collectively to medicines x, y, and z". The difference between bad bipolar and light schizoaffective is probably how hard you listen to the racing thoughts.

>>19159773
I've never liked indiscriminate sex.
>>
>>19159772
Different diagnoses from different hospitalizations. Ya. As stated, prolly nothing but bad luck. Still jelly tho. I miss tripping. It was always so positive before I lost the plot. Some of my fondest memories.
>>
>>19159772
Anyway, if it makes ya feel any better, there's a decent chance it would have happened sooner or later without the drugs.
>>
>>19159790
>I've never liked indiscriminate sex.
And here we thought you were fun!
>willing to drink grave goo
>but not some random guy's baby gravy
>>
>>19159791
Just to be clear it wasn't meant to be accusatory, just a "wondering out loud" sorta thing. My girlfriend is a psychologist so that gave me like a diet-second-hand education, outside of what we learned at college
>>
Any occult orgs worth joining in ATX? My Thoth tarot says that the Scarlet Lodge can be found here.
>>
>>19159795
So he's an occultist so he must be queer? Nice stereotyping.
>>
Anyone kinda good with palmistry? I have a really weird marriage line
>>
>>19159816
Thanks. Wish the same could be said about your trolling.
>>
>>19159814
Austin's sorta the functional home of the USGL OTO these days, in terms of like size and importance (they got that uni with the Crowley collection of stuff that wasn't in the Warburg).

I'd say that's a good thing if it weren't infested with Guntherites.
>>
>>19159792
>>19159807
No offense taken. I just mentioned all my diagnoses cause more people know bipolar and schizophrenia than schizoaffective even though it's probably my most accurate label.
>>
>>19159680
Hahahaha. Awesome.
>>
I wonder if Ape has eaten more drugs than me

Not variety, raw amount
>>
>>19159814
Wait...you were able to get the name of your local Lodge from a Tarot operation? Damn. My best success in such specific details was divining what the physical appearance/demeanor of the pizza guy would look like. And my old lady called me full of shit, despite my having described him before he even came with the pizza, and finding it accurate. Because
>duh that's just a stereotypical pizza-guy look
Like, huh?
>>
>>19159862
Ape's body metabolizes the amrita from the bindu chakra constantly.
>>
>>19159820
I have no fate line :o
>>
Would Ape, or anyone knowledgeable, care to comment on what this anon is on about?
>>>19159048

Asking because it's not something that has ever been presented to me.

Also, interested in what exactly the point of contention between Crowley and Spare was, and why Crowley considered him a Black Brother
>>
>>19159826
Ya. I've actually seen the collection before. It was on display a while back.

Idk. After reading all your posts over the years about the OTO I am quite reluctant to join even though I find the possibility tempting.

I actually know one girl who wants me to teach her about the occult but that's my only real occult connection. Aside from my semi-guru.

I wanna start a four person group like Chumbley sometime if I ever find the right people.

>>19159865
Hahah. I wish i was that good at Tarot. There's an extra card which has the listing on it.
>>
How's this for a daily?

Morning:
>Yoga 1h15min
>Meditation 1h
>LBRP
Evening:
>Meditation 10min
>LBRP
>Middle Pillar

Currently doing yoga as per Yogi Bhajan.
>>
>>19159825
So what is his orientation? Or is that not magically relevant?
>>
>>19159906
Not bad. My personal inclination would be to change the first LBRP to LIRP, and add in Liber Resh, then maybe LIRH and LBRH follwing LIRP and LBRP, respectively, as you feel comfortable. Since you are distinguishing between "yoga" and "meditation," what sort of yoga/meditation are you doing, if you don't mind my asking? (sorry for funny sentence structures, still getting used to my "word of the week" for Liber Jugorum.)
>>
>>19159909
Not only is it not magically relevant, it's not relevant at all. Except to those of us who lust after him, of course ;-)
>>
>>19159873
Sure.

Was hoping he would answer himself..
>>
>>19159955
Of course you were. Because there's totally a scientific manner in which he can determine the answer to your question. ESPECIALLY with *all* that raw data with which you provided him.
>>
>>19159960
>Because there's totally a scientific manner in which he can determine the answer to your question

There is. It is really simple...how many grams of drugs have you eaten and of what drugs?

What aren't you getting about this?
>>
>>19159974
Let's look at your question again, shall we?
Now, it looks more like wondering aloud than an actual question. You certainly did not include anything resembling a prompt for response. Now, if you have kept track of exactly how many grams, milligrams, ounces, kilos, and micrograms of drugs you have consumed, it would be very impressive. The fact that you expect Ape to have done the same is even more impressive, but in more of a "the autistic kid didn't bite the teacher's hand today" kinda way.

Now, from the post to which my response is directed, it appears as though, from that first post, you also expected Ape to ascertain that your desire was to know what total amount of drugs he has taken, without providing your total for comparison. Do you now see why you have made an absolute jackass of yourself?
>>
File: 11.jpg (16KB, 81x92px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
16KB, 81x92px
Serious question for Ape.
Did Crowley ghost write an astrology book for some woman?
I seem to remember a thread years ago on #thelema undernet about that.
If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: ghostbusters4a-2-web.jpg (74KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters4a-2-web.jpg
74KB, 750x500px
Anybody know some particularly good books about ghost hunting?
>>
>>19159925

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yoga is asana/pranayama/mantra kriya to revitalize chakras for meditation. For meditation I'm using the self-enquiry method right now.

Regardie warned against invocation for neophytes as it would "raise attention". Anything to look out for? Been doing LBRP for around two months, so I'm not completely new. Other than that, sounds like a good update.
>>
File: A1G.jpg (55KB, 570x559px) Image search: [Google]
A1G.jpg
55KB, 570x559px
>>19159906

I would suggest switching it to the following ritual loadout if time allows for it:

Morning:
>LIRP
>LIRH
>Middle Pillar

Evening:
>LBRP
>LBRH
>Middle Pillar

Liber Resh vel Helios is a staple among dailies, so when you feel confident in your routine I would suggest folding that in. If you're the type who prefers 'privacy' I would work in the Rose Cross after Pentagrams/Hexagrams/Pillars, as those tend to light you up. Personally, I like multiple stretchy time sessions (readas: qigong, but also applies to yoga) throughout the day instead of doing just the one since I am of the feelpinion that it keeps you more thoroughly limbered up through the course of a day, but doing what's comfortable/functionally feasible to you should take precedence.
>>
>>19159994
>Do you now see why you have made an absolute jackass of yourself?

Nope but I can see how you twisted a simple question into some completely offbase ranting.

I don't know the drugs he has done so how would I offer any comparison?

But never mind if you are going to be such a reactive by agent to the question forget it.
>>
So I;ve been reading about this magic and potential stuff, and had some success with bringing shit into my life through thoughts, and LOA, and yesterday I did my first sigil for the first time ever and it didn't work

my belief was strong as fuck

the sigil was for fucking a petite blonde tonight

I got thrown out of a bar and banned for sexual harassment

any advice? I got rid of the sigil by flushing it down in the toilet
>>
>>19160036
>the sigil was for fucking a petite blonde tonight
What time is it where you are?
>I got thrown out of a bar and banned for sexual harassment
That might be a problem as well, you tried too hard, went full pervert, and fucked it up.
>>
>>19160036
You sound like a douche. Not to mention, LoA and sigils are basically bullshit for delusional people.

Pray tell, why exactly were you banned for "sexual harassment"?
>>
>>19160044
I meant I did it yesterday, and went out last night
>>
>>19160050
I pulled a girls hair after talking with her for a while and seducing her, I think she liked it cause she grabbed my hand and wanted to go outside

but

her ugly, fat, bitchface friend hated me at first sight, and went to tell on me to the security that I pulled HER hair, even though I had no reason to touch her. She was a crazy cunt
>>
>>19160023
>I don't know the drugs he has done so how would I offer any comparison?
Perhaps you should ask yourself whether maybe my entire point is that he would be in the exact same position, then meditate on your autism for a while.
>>
>>19160052
>>19160056
Well then... I think I'll go with what >>19160050 and I said.

You do seem pretty douchebaggy, and I think you did fuck up your chance.
>>
>>19160050
>LoA and sigils are basically bullshit for delusional people.
LoA? maybe. Sigils? Certainly not.

The only way your argument really makes sense is if you think all ceremony, ritual, etc. is "bullshit for delusional people," then at least you will have been consistent. Which begs the question, why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>19160067
I might be a douchebag but what does it have to do with anything?
>>
What can I get out of ceremonial magick and LBRP types of "rituals" that I couldn't get by just meditating and doing yoga?
>>
>>19160056
That seems more understandable. I think we've all encountered hot chicks with fat bitch friends before. Shame you got kicked out over lies and jealousy. Was the girl you hair pulled a petite blonde? Sigils are inconsistent in my experience. Peter Carroll has an interesting equation for how he believes them to work. I advise looking it up. In general, I would advise on giving yourself a longer timeframe. Expecting instant results doesn't always work. Lust for results can backfire sigils as they say.
>>
>>19160080
Also, is chaos magick at odds with Thelema? Or are they both valid paths?
>>
What exactly is the purpose of invoking with penta/hex? Is it just a preliminary for something else?

>>19160012

Personally I like doing stuff in large continuous blocks so I'd rather not compromise with yoga in the morning. The addition of Middle Pillar there might be a bit too much for me, so I'll have to consider that. The info on the Rose Cross is appreciated.
>>
>>19160085
She was a petite blonde

I'm upset by this because I wanted to "use" the girl to do another sigil that I would cast by fucking her

my entire devilish master plan crumbled into ruin

eh, I guess it's not easy being a magician. But on the other hand I can't think like this and have to be 100% sure that it's easy as fuck being a magician

I'm trying to find a way to rationalise my failure and go back to self delusion
>>
>>19160098
>Ape would also be thinking "I don't know the drugs he has done so how would I offer any comparison?"
>"That's just a bad drug user"
Even if you weren't missing my point entirely, this is some of the dumbest shit ever said in my presence. Try using nearly every drug in the book over a period of, oh, say, 12-16 years and get back to us. Unless of course you keep a record.
>>
>>19160085
He was retarded for using a sigil in the first place, instead of just charming the fat chick to get to her hot friend, like anyone with an ounce of brains would have done. Absolutely retarded.
>>
>>19160115
>not tracking drug use as a drug user

You don't make any sense guy and quite frankly you've just acted like a snotty pretentious person throughout this entire conversation. If Ape answers I'll respond in kind but you're just being annoying and unhelpful.
>>
>>19160127
I didn't notice the fat bitch until it was too late
>>
>>19160129
This is the first post I make you douche

They way you speak about "drug users" reeks of a person with little to no experience
>>
>>19160137
I can tell you exactly how many grams of DMT I've smoked. How much I have ingested with MAOIs. How many hits of acid I have had, within reason, not an exact. How much MDMA I have eaten. How much speed I have done. How many 2Cs I have eaten, which ones and how much. How much opium I have smoked, how many miligrams of percs, roxys, vicodins, hydrocodones, suboxones and all the same for benzos that I have done. And many fucking more.

Fuck off. If you can't track your drug use you can't pay attention.
>>
>>19160140
would you recomend dmt in general? I like to eat a bit of acid if I'm bored sometimes, also I did all the other shit you mentioned other than dmt

do you associate it with a spiritual experience? were you in contact with a specific entity?
>>
>>19160140
Have you ever considered that you might just be autistic/obssesive?
>>
>>19160147
the way I see it drugs are like a gateway to spiritual experiences but they sre impermanent and inconvenient.

It's like a "preview" of the real thing, and if you have no context you get confused/deluded
>>
>>19160157
this is my point of view as well,
>>
>>19160093

>purpose

Circulation. Invoke at morning, then banish at evening. Much like how air becomes "toxic" without fresh oxygen being supplied, so too does energy.
>>
>>19160012
It's probably fairly more difficult to get the full benefits of a yoga session if one starts breaking it up below, like 15 minutes per session at the absolute minimum, is it not? Don't get me wrong, if a chance arises to get in a few pranayama cycles throughout the day, in addition to my usual routine, it is not allowed to go to waste.
>>
>>19160147
Yes. DMT is awesome.

>do you associate it with a spiritual experience?
I associate it, in part, with liminal experiences.

But they do not and cannot mimic certain states.
>>
>>19160140
? It doesn't matter how many times you used, just what your experience was on the substance. I've had a dozen shroom trips but maybe 2 had any meaning to me for example.

>>19160147
If you can acquire it then yes. Better closed eyes hallucinations than psilocybin, a great hour long body high afterwards sometimes I would have open eye hallucinations after the knock off phase for a while and they were intricate geometric shapes and crown-like appearances. Also the vibrations and chanting could be useful in a spiritual sense if you hone on it.
>>
>>19160140
>I can tell you exactly how many grams of DMT I've smoked
Six or seven - ish.

>MAOIs
Twice.

>LSD
Probably about sixty hits or so.

>How much speed I have done
150 mg dexamp daily for a year. Probably a two grams of meth. Probably an ounce of cocaine.

>How many 2Cs I have eaten
E - Five, three at ++++
I - Three, all at ++

>opium I have smoked
Probably only like three grams.

>miligrams of percs, roxys, vicodins, hydrocodones, suboxones
Maybe 150 hydros usually at the five mg range, five percs. Fifty oxys. 25-30 suboxones.

>benzos
Few, probably less than sixty.
>>
>>19160150
They clearly are. Unless someone is keeping a journal anyway, like a magickal journal, in which it is important to keep track of anything that might have bearing on anything, it is uncommon and unreasonable for drug users to keep track. Especially the adult, veteran drug user, and anyone who has ever been an addict. Sounds like a whole lot of bluffing, for getting called out on being retarded.
>>
>>19160176
Ok, NOW tell us how much cannabis you have smoked?
>>
>>19160183
A quarter a week since I was like 14. I'm about thirty.

That list doesn't count:
>Molly
>MDMA
>Analogues of the above
>Nootropics
>Shrooms
>4-aco-met
>MXE
>PCP
>K
>methylphenidate
>benzamp (god-tier speed)
>kratom
>kava
>etc.
>>
>>19160108
>make a sigil to get a petite blonde
>get a petite blonde
>blow it and complain that your sigil doesn't work
Seems like the magic worked just fine. I would have been impressed by the results. Maybe you just bit off more than you could chew on your first try?
>>
>>19160191

Occultist, first level-

Take feat "Drugs R Gud".

Effect: Every time you do a new drug, place one "enlightenment" token on a face-down "illumination" card for one turn. At the beginning of your next turn, flip the card up. Keep it, regardless of contradictions with other "illumination" cards.
>>
>>19160191
See, there's really no way for me to know what my quantities are. After having spent years mired in daily heroin use, sporadic daily cocaine use, weekly psychedelic use, daily marijuana and alcohol use, etc. etc. etc. it kinda becomes silly to even speculate. Especially at our age.
>>
>>19160212
That doesn't include analogs, opium, prescription opioids, benzos, barbiturates, all different kinds of speed, and "legal" drugs, nitrous oxide, ether, and so forth.
>>
>>19160211

Or, maybe it's like a level 10 feat.
>>
>>19160220
This is why it seems silly to even try to count, unless as an exercise in memory. There are always so many "those random drugs that were impossible to keep track of, some of which are even impossible to name due to uncertainty."
>>
File: rAdaxMo_d.jpg (67KB, 640x645px) Image search: [Google]
rAdaxMo_d.jpg
67KB, 640x645px
>>19160225
I just put that under the label:
>"Here, eat this."
>(like 7 to 20, depending)
>>
>>19160191
>>19160176

I'd highly recommend smoking more DMT. I have done 61 grams in my life. It is by far my favorite psychoactive. How much have you done at once?

What MAOIs? Tetrohydroharmine, harmaline or harmine? Have you done straight brewed ayahuasca? That is one thing I have not tried but would be willing to, it would be good to compare to the DMT with the MAOI.

Do you have any desire to do L anymore? I am not really excited about it and I've done about 50+/- hits.

What do you think about ketamine? I have had some very intense spiritual experiences on it, but not always. Its not every ketamine that does that.

Ever done ibogaine?
>>
damn I wish I had more time for drugs and books

instead I wageslave all week long

hopefully with the dark lords help I'll be able to retire in 2 years and spend the rest of my life having fun and self developing

I want to be a landlord and have passive income, some students buying me drugs and books basically
>>
>>19160174
>I've had a dozen shroom trips but maybe 2 had any meaning to me for example.

But what was different about them? Was the amount different, and if not what was? Was it the environment/setting? Mood? What?
>>
How can I enter the trans level using meditation? i can do it easily while lucid dreaming. But in meditation I somehow cannot really reach my subconscious. any tipps?
>>
>>19160249
>How much have you done at once?
500 mg.

>Tetrohydroharmine, harmaline or harmine
Harmala.

>Have you done straight brewed ayahuasca
No.

>Do you have any desire to do L anymore
Not really I got the point.

>ketamine
Meh.
It's ketamine.
It gets you really high.

Nope but wanna.
>>
>>19160299
what's the point of L?
>>
Hello, all. A few threads ago, this Thelemite was inquiring about cedar incense...well, he has acquired two packages of incense *sticks* as well as a vial of cedarwood oil... does anyone have suggestions as to how to best make use of these in a censer? It seems like the sticks could be broken up, but that perhaps they would burn up too quickly, before the rite is over. Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.
>>
>>19160299
Talk to Ed Muskie about ibogaine ;-)
>>
>>19160299
Would you want to do straight aya?

If you ever end up doing ibogaine write about it. Eat a gram of hydrochloride.
>>
You must get this question all the time but, any recommendations for someone who wants to unblock energy paths in their body so that they can have kundalini energy rising and flowing chakras and the like?
>>
>>19160426
What makes you think they are 'blocked' to begin with. You're probably looking for Yoga, but it makes me curious...?
>>
>>19160434
Because I'm not capable of circuiting energy around my body like some people can.

I want the experience of having energy going up your spine and making you do weird/spasmic movements
>>
>>19160426

Yoga or qigong, a healthier diet, plus honestly 'dissecting' yourself and your motivations.
>>
>>19160458
If you're willing to put the time in, daily, for an extended period of time, do what >>19160462
said. Hatha Yoga Pradapika is a good place to start for yoga. not sure about qigong
>>
>>19160366
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/hunter-s-thompson-spread-rumor-presidential-candidates-drug-addiction-taken-seriously/
>>
>>19160513
"I didn't say Muskie was taking Ibogaine, I said there was a rumor to that effect. And I started the rumor."
-HST
>>
>>19160176
>150 mg dexamp daily for a year
holy fuck, how are you not braindead?
>>
>>19160524
That's not that much to be quite honest
>>
>>19160426
kundalini is advanced shit that you don't want to fuck with unless you're going to become a serious yoga practictioner. for clearing blocks, pranayama is great. but you should really be doing pranayama in the context of the yoga and not just by itself.
>>
>>19160528
fuck you mean it's not that much, i took 30 a day for a month and that was pretty bad. the most i did was maybe 90 per day for three days and it was a bad time and my jaw was fucked and my tongue was raw. 150 a day for a year just sounds insane.
>>
File: Fp2fP9f.jpg (46KB, 512x401px) Image search: [Google]
Fp2fP9f.jpg
46KB, 512x401px
>>19160537
>>19160528
>>19160524
>>19160524
That's just my average.
I was pushing my LD 50 some days.
>>
>>19160537
Tolerance builds.

Idk man I've known some fucking tweekers, talking approaching an oz a week shit, all assorted types of amps not just dexamps specifically though
>>
this crystal method is bretty fugin nice, thanks friends
>>
>/dag/
>/drugaddictiongeneral/
>>
>haven't done computer updates for a long time
>go to do them
>93 updates
>93
dose dat mean i should become a thelemite
>>
Is the Hermes1-17.pdf The Corpus Hermeticum, or is this something else
>>
>constant violations of global rule 3 and 6 in these threads
>rules not enforced

Nice to see that the staff turn a blind eye to things they like rather than do their *job* fairly.

>>19160701

It's the corpus hermeticum.
>>
>>19160725
Thanks. My name is Blaise. How are you?
>>
>>19160725
Really these threads are cancer and need nuked on sight just like /div/.

It's nothing but the Ape of Niggers wankfest hour, all day, every day. Anytime someone with genuine intentions asks a genuine question he just goes "muh pdfs I got from scribd".
>>
>>19160739
yeah youre right we should just talk about muh aliums and antarctic nazis and muh september 23 revelation dragon is coming and other stupid bullshit. get the fuck out of here
>>
>>
>>19160739
>>19160725
way to stay topical fuckheads
>>
>>
>>19160746
At least none of the people posting those threads played so much league they though they were wizards, like here.
>>
File: rosi.cramer16.png (2MB, 996x1151px) Image search: [Google]
rosi.cramer16.png
2MB, 996x1151px
>>
>>19160756
this just shows you don't know what's going on, and your assumptive contempt makes you look like an idiot. thats cool, keep posting, it gives serious practitioners chuckles
>>
File: FonsSalutis.jpg (505KB, 1600x1581px) Image search: [Google]
FonsSalutis.jpg
505KB, 1600x1581px
>>
>>19160767
>keep posting
I'd rather the mods actually do something about the malignant tumor that is /omg/.
>>
>>19160776
your mom's a malignant tumor
>>
>>
>>19160776
do you need a safe space where youre shielded from opinions and topics you dont like? if this thread is a tumor, then this whole board should be deleted.
>>
>>19160784
>>19160778
Because watching a tripfag relapse on drugs in real time is totally /x/ related.
>>
File: Mons.h1.gif (32KB, 599x681px) Image search: [Google]
Mons.h1.gif
32KB, 599x681px
>>
>>19160788
there's literally nothing wrong with drugs
>>
File: img209.jpg (225KB, 1024x815px) Image search: [Google]
img209.jpg
225KB, 1024x815px
>>
>>19160788
80% of the threads on this board are made by people on drugs or people that desperately need to be placed on drugs, so i dunno what the fuck youre talking about. you could always contribute to the thread by talking about the topic instead of being a salty cunt
>>
>>
File: 1490041986824.jpg (31KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
1490041986824.jpg
31KB, 400x599px
>>19160541
How did a person like yourself manage to get into such a rut? Especially having grown up being surrounded by living breathing examples of the end result.

I always assumed you where prescribed amp/mtd in order to keep your "ism" under control.

Anyway, good on you for keeping yourself housed, employed and mentally stable.
>>
File: tumblr_mbmodzsCX71rgxtvuo1_500.jpg (80KB, 342x650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbmodzsCX71rgxtvuo1_500.jpg
80KB, 342x650px
>>
File: 0d1.jpg (231KB, 1208x600px) Image search: [Google]
0d1.jpg
231KB, 1208x600px
>>
>>19160792
>>>/420chan/

>>19160796
So far the topic has been how bugged out on goofballs each of you are, and I don't put that garbage in my body, thanks.

Since the first post says something about magic you could start by proving it exists.
>>
>>19160810
ah youre one of those cunts, i see. nah, i wont humor you further, and i suggest that no one else does either, as nothing's ever been gained whenever someone has tried to interact with "prove magic is real" cunts. good day, sir
>>
>>19160821
What's wrong I thought this was the magic general?

Am I not supposed to ask about magic?

Or is this just /mu/ with edgelords?
>>19160818
>>19160811
>>19160807
>>
>>19160826
>jeff, jeff never changes
>>
>>19160826
one last humoring. theres a difference between asking about magic and being a contrarian saying "prove magic is real". it's actually simple, if you were truly interested, to pick up entry level material and work with it to see what results you get. it wouldnt take much reading, nor much practice, before one would be able to see the first inklings of "magic". but you seem to be here just to be a contrarian, not someone who's even curious enough to pick up entry level materials that would take almost no time at all to find (in the library), or to read about them (on the internet).
>>
File: Ouroboros-benzene.svg.png (296KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ouroboros-benzene.svg.png
296KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>19160810

Nobody can prove it to you, but you, friendo. I'm aware that it's trite, but it's true. Study, practice, meditate, practice yoga or qigong, and eat healthy -- The Work is the transformation of the self and perceptions.
>>
if anything, the fact that this guy doesnt take drugs is to his advantage, as he should be lucid enough that he would see results more quickly. i personally cant meditate or get much out of my practice if im high or burnt out (from weed, which is the only thing i do now here and there). qigong would be good for him because you can feel the energy really quickly.
>>
>>
File: 6323677967_6d1f003b52_b.jpg (523KB, 1024x1004px) Image search: [Google]
6323677967_6d1f003b52_b.jpg
523KB, 1024x1004px
>>
>>19160853

>i personally cant meditate or get much out of my practice if im high or burnt out (from weed, which is the only thing i do now here and there).

Smoking weed every day for over 12 years hasn't impeded me yet.
>>
>>19160873
ymmv, i know people like you. im not like that. the burnout places a "fog" over my mind that i cannot break through with meditation. i have to be sober for two weeks before that fog gets lifted. it's annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 1491158612213.png (96KB, 506x232px) Image search: [Google]
1491158612213.png
96KB, 506x232px
>>19160800
Hope that did not come out wrong. Was not trying to put you down in any way.

I have always found you to be knowledgeable and intelligent.

The library and the burden of maintaining it, are greatly appreciated.

Much respect...
>>
>>19160878
Then maybe sobriety is for you. Try cleansing/purification rituals.
>>
>>19160930
sobriety is definitely for me. i know of a few of the rituals of which you speak but perhaps you know more than i do. what would you recommend?
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (143KB, 1000x918px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
143KB, 1000x918px
I live in Arizona and San pedro grows fucking everwhere, I have a few in my backyard.

I have pretty much mastered my own extraction method I just cut out the core and keep the sides and flash boil them to get out the spines it wont effect the mescaline. Then put it into a food dehdrator and then either make a tea out it or keep boil it down.

Its a mild trip but still my absolute favorite almost light mdma feel to it
>>
Anyone got a copy of 'Principia Discordia: How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her'?

Can't find it in the mega
>>
>>19161032

it's literally a pamphlet with 23 blank pages except for a cartoon drawing of a puckered anus in the middle

don't waste your time
>>
>>19161028
boil all of it, then qhen the water evaporates boil again, solve what is left in alcohol
>>
>>19161038
sounds very much like what principia discordia is like, a bunch of nothing and anus.
>>
>>19161028
you can also dry it or eat it, same as peyote
>>
>>19161028
Make mescaline sulfate or hydrochloride.
>>
Drugposters pls go and stay go.

Also, I would like to request that a glossary pastebin of common /omg/ acronyms/abbreviations be added to the thread pasta -- for those who are unfamiliar with things like LoA, LBRP/LIRP, LBRH/LIRH that have been posted itt.
>>
>>19161362
I would make such a glossary but I'm far too busy rolling a fat joint and smoking it while posting in this thread against your wishes.
>>
>>19161362
>Drugposters pls go and stay go.

>i'd like to remain in ignorance the rest of my life and ignore the fact that many world traditions have indulged in psychoactive plants as part of their spiritual paths
>>
I've heard mixed things about Arthur Avalon, but mostly about the Serpent Power. Is it worth reading or is he really off? What about Shakti and Shakta?
>>
>>19161367
>>19161372
If you'd like to keep talking about your habit, then at least make an attempt to bring it into the thread/board topic please anons.
>psychoactive plants as part of their spiritual paths
Like this -- a small amount of extra effort, and derailment turns into an interesting line of discussion. Imagine that.

What have been your spiritual experiences relating to drug use?
>>
>>19161362
L=lesser
G=greater
I=invokation
E=evokation
B=banishing
R=ritual
P=pentagram
H=hexagram
>>
>>19161380
https://techgnosis.com/de-landa-destratified/

http://psychedelic-information-theory.com/pdf/PIT-Print-Web.pdf

https://erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/psychedelic_experience_faq.shtml

http://deoxy.org/leary.htm
>>
>>19161380
I'm actually not rolling a joint, I just wanted to mess with you.

>What have been your spiritual experiences relating to drug use?
I could fill a book with that information. But, seeing as I need to go to bed, I will leave you with a small thing. Psychedelics have chipped away at my old materialism. They also chipped away at my ego and self-importance. It almost feels like I have "stepped out" of the cycle of becoming that I was stuck in, as one is when they're conditioned from birth. Before, I thought I had it all figured out, and that what I could see was all that was, and that I could pass strong judgement on everything because I clearly saw the essence of what I was seeing. Boy was I wrong. Once I stepped out of that cycle, that feedback loop, I was able to see things more clearly. And I don't mean just in the moment of psychedelia, but in waking, sober life. They've made me more self-aware, and they removed the self-aggrandizement.

The actual experiences are impossible to communicate in writing without it sounding like nonesense, but the effects of the experiences (or at least what I'm willing to impart in such a short time) are rather easy to mention, as I have done.
>>
Is it true that Grady Mcmurty's wife had to tell a court the secret of the ninth degree OTO under oath? Is this how it initially leaked out?
>>
>>19161380
Could share my experience and opinions on the matter.

I was interested in "psychonaut" -aspect of drug use from my early teens. I started cannabis habit that lasted almost 10 years.

Used all the drugs possible I could get my hands on, I´ve gone through extreme benzo withdrawal, opiate withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal that also resulted in delirium tremens and full-blown hallucinations.

MDMA, Amphetamine, methamphetamine habits, days awake at time in a row. 30 acid trips.

Because of my location (Northernmost Scandinavia) I have not been able to test out more exotic stuff like mescaline, ayahuasca simply because I can not physically get it here.

All of this, rather chaotic drug use, was done more or less on purpose that I wanted to literally shatter my psyche to pieces and atoms.

Most of the "ego -death" -aspects of these experiences were not achieved under heavy psychedelic doses, but rather, in withdrawal of the more addictive substances. Benzo withdrawal being the most horrible experience because even loss of certain motor skills had to be experienced and learned again.

At age 25 I made conscious decision for sobriety and have been sober ever since. I have no interest in the psychedelic experience or even a glass of wine for relaxation.

Sobriety has only brought calmness, firmness and conviction to my work, even though I was not some nervous wreck before and besides my drug use could keep multiple jobs, studying etc in mundane matters.
>>
Is there any simple way that I could prove that any of this is real to myself?
>>
>>19160050
sigils done right are are definitely not bullshit/delusional
I used to think the same, but holy shit I can not deny the consistency of results I got with sigils for lucid dreaming.
>>
>>19159361
Kek. I caught that too. He must've been easy to rape and the old faggit was like, "yeah he'll work I guess"
>>
>>19159499
Sadhguru is a successful and happy old man who is loved by all of India. Manson is a sad little monkey in a cage starving for attention. How did you want to use magic again?
>>
>>19162294
Have fun with McDonaldisation of spiritualism. Maybe in few years you can get some youtube playlist to achieve enlightenment, preferably narrated by Sadhguru.

You want fries with that?
>>
>>19162315
At least I did not buy into the whole "Eastern wisdom masters" -bullshit like you did given your high appreciation of bearded Indians

>Hindus are cool, huh, but I mean, really? do you want to be some homeless idiot?
>>
>>19162318
Lmao
>Hindus are the most economically successful religion in America
>Sadhguru is a multi millionaire
You know nothing about Hinduism, the Vedas, or understandings of the unseen. Put down your gay angst bullshit. Read some real knowledge of humanity, like the Mahabharata. You'll realize what a hole your putting yourself in with your "muh ebil darg majickz" seriously kid
>>
>>19162318
Seriously, thank you for being me laugh I was having a bad day
>>
>>19162323
>Sadhguru is a multi millionaire

This logic makes Bill Gates a great authority on religion

>You know nothing about Hinduism, the Vedas, or understandings of the unseen. Put down your gay angst bullshit. Read some real knowledge of humanity, like the Mahabharata. You'll realize what a hole your putting yourself in with your "muh ebil darg majickz" seriously kid

I would place bet that certain Hindu aghori cults and other modes of Kali and Shiva worship dabble with much more "ebil darg majickz" than any of the edgy stuff I practice
>>
>>19162335
You're using lefty logic. It was you who said he was poor. I didn't equate riches to wisdom as Jesus was way smarter. But yes, Bill Gates is Thoth compared to Manson. The Hindu religion exists on a spectrum, so yes, every conceivable facet of life and beyond is stronger under the guidance of the Vedas. But it's how you use it, dipwad. That's magic.
>>
>>19162335
P.S. - Sadhguru worships under Shiva
>>
Has anyone here attempted the Abramelin?
>>
Guys, I'm an atheist, but I just had a cool experience...which might be nothing but still. It was a strange dream with details about Norse gods that I didn't know until I woke up
So the dream started with my father dying by beating himself to death, I got really sad and started to search for ways to revive him.
So I walked around and found an ancient shrine in the forest, before I could do anything a super tall stylish ginger haired German looking guy appeared behind me, he was dressed like a male fashion model and sort of looked like one, just inhumanly tall.
He threw me a skull and said that this is the skull of Balder, a gift from Freya and that I can revive my father by tapping the skull on his head couple of times, I got scared shitless and ran with the skull.
Later when I got home I met with my family and we talked about some stuff, I didn't tell anyone about the skull except for my brother later and he told me that I was insane for bringing a fucking skull home and that he won't allow me to tap it on Father's head, he is also a devout Orthodox Christian, so early period after death are super important, body is still at home for people to visit for couple of days so he got super buttmad like it was heresy for me to even try.
We fought and he sort of broke that skull... after that the dream became less concrete because I started to wake up and was semi-awake, basically I went to the toilet to fix the skull and I heard voice of what I assume to be Freya, I said that I was sorry for fucking up and could serve her she agreed and increased my penis size to 27 cm which is like 11 inches and basically ordered me to impregnate someone.
My dog woke me up soon after, this happened an hour ago, I'll go to work soon but I just wandered if /x/ would think anything of that.
I don't know much about Norse mythology, I assume I got this dream because I watched a lot of American Gods two weeks ago.
Is there Freya worship? Norse cults dedicated to her?
>>
>>19162424
I'm also not sure why she made my dick 27 cm long, that's oddly specific and was almost comical.
But yeah, I'm reading on norse now because this dream was pretty cool and strange.
>>
>>19162424
this was sort of interesting until you started talking about penile extensions and that shitty tv show.
That shit is fucking up people's perceptions
>>
>>19162429
Giving you a big dick sounds very old school Norse desu. Think of the imagery of a father. Me thinks your dream means your father is your culture that has destroyed itself, but once it has touched with it's past it can be revived. Had someone been on /pol/?
>>
https://www.academia.edu/33261620/Participation_and_Polemics_Angels_from_Origen_to_Augustine
>>
File: DSC_0195.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0195.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Thoughts on F. Bardon and his book?
>>
>>19162437
Yeah, it was pretty shit, but that was the point when dream itself became shitty too.
You know when you are deep asleep and dream is actually chill and deep and once you are close to waking up/you start hearing voices from irl it becomes vague and shitty with it changing every five seconds? Yeah, that was it.
A shame too, the dream was pretty cool until the last episode and I'd like it to continue.
And the show is pretty good, I like Neil Gaiman in general.

But still, do you know anything about Freya? This got me interested in Norse paganism a bit.
>>
>>19162457
>Bardon
Garbage.

Neither Hermetic nor Initiatory.
>>
>>19162454
I'm not Scandinavian, closest I come to that is that I am a half Russian.
And I don't really like /pol/ to be honest, it turned into a parody of itself like, three years ago.
>>
File: 1440571020765.png (116KB, 905x624px) Image search: [Google]
1440571020765.png
116KB, 905x624px
>>19162470
>parody of itself like, three years ago
>three years
Sure thing.
>>
>>19162458
She's fucking awesome. Mother Goddess of fertility, sorcery and war. And everything that implies. Also loves cats

There's plenty of info on her online. We had a Freya thread like two weeks ago.

I for one am mostly in a trance in my dreams and have trouble controlling myself until my ego steps up to the plate.
>>
>>19162477
Something like that happened basically, dream started becoming less amusing when my consciousness started to awake and when I was near waking up, probably at that point my mind started to shift and change dreams according to my active thoughts, if that makes sense.
Also, which of the online resources are good in your opinion?
>>
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886902000223

Reminder that everyone should get a strong grasp of suggestion, neuropsychology and ones own mentality before delving into the paranormal.

Unless you understand exactly what can factor into an apparent paranormal phenomenon, you shouldn't be doing magic.
>>
>>19162488
They're all pretty basic stuff mane.
no one is really out to discredit anything on her
or Norse mythos
>>
>>19162460
Why? What are some good starting books?
>>
>>19162265
you create sigils to induce a lucid dream? I should try it
>>
>>19162522

It's not entirely garbage, that's an autistic meme around these parts. The exercises are handy. Though most of the other content is subpar. Depends on what you're trying to pick up. If you don't know where to start, then I'd suggest Secret Teachings of All Ages.
>>
>>19162522
>>19162833
>It's not entirely garbage, that's an autistic meme around these parts

Open Bardon and compare his doctrines, theory, and practices against:
>Corpus Hermeticum
>Chaldean Oracles
>Simple Eastern initiations like Smartism or Zoroastrianism, or complex initiations like Vajrayna
>Tantric source texts
>Early alchemical manuscripts
>Kabbalistic source texts
>Freemasonic initiation
>Golden Dawn initiation
>Thelemic initiation
>Tribal initiation

And tell me what he gets right and what he gets wrong.
>>
>>19162848
So where to start?
>>19162833
Will czech it out,thanks
>>
>>19163101
>So where to start?
>>19162848
>>Corpus Hermeticum
>>Chaldean Oracles
>>Simple Eastern initiations like Smartism or Zoroastrianism, or complex initiations like Vajrayna
>>Tantric source texts
>>Early alchemical manuscripts
>>Kabbalistic source texts
>>Freemasonic initiation
>>Golden Dawn initiation
>>Thelemic initiation
>>Tribal initiation
>>
>>19162494
Have researchers been going back and double checking influential paper in hypnosis recently in the wake of the replication and methodological crises in social psych and evidence based medicine? Any big news along those lines?
>>
>>19163269
9/10ths of the replication "crisis" is solved by recognizing that many phenomena are not time-invariant and are peculiar to particular times, placed, cultures, and individuals.

Is it REALLY that puzzling or troubling that attempts to replicate SES studies formed, created, and implemented through Appalachia fail when replicated at Stanford?
>>
File: se_ouroboros.png (71KB, 358x384px) Image search: [Google]
se_ouroboros.png
71KB, 358x384px
>>19163278
http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/04/28/the-control-group-is-out-of-control/
>>
>>19163278
nope, now let's find out which phenomena are universal and for those which aren't, what factors contribute to and detract from their power

https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2015/01/08/ritual-and-the-consciousness-monoculture/
>>
File: Austin_Osman_Spare.jpg (39KB, 453x405px) Image search: [Google]
Austin_Osman_Spare.jpg
39KB, 453x405px
any other figures/traditions like Austin Osman Spare or (Zen) calligraphy culture?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitsuzend%C5%8D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokuseki

I'm specifically interested in artisan magicians

>>19163293

you got any docs on Spare or anyone of the geist I'm talking about?
>>
File: 1496317418539.jpg (23KB, 432x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496317418539.jpg
23KB, 432x604px
why do you guys think of this site; is anything they're saying vaild?

>http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php
>>
>>19163278
>>19162494
And if Surgo or anyone knows how that's going in hypnosis, please let me know
>>
File: 111.jpg (4MB, 1979x2995px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
4MB, 1979x2995px
>>19163305
>nope, now let's find out which phenomena are universal and for those which aren't, what factors contribute to and detract from their power
I utterly agree.

>>19163307
>you got any docs on Spare or anyone of the geist I'm talking about?
Plenty of Spare under Chaos in the library.

You looked into the Cultus Sabbati yet?

>>19163312
Looks like a basic woo busting forum.
So far they're lancing utter trash, so fine by me, though most of the fedora tipping fuckwits would have strong objection to the contents of these threads despite academic bases.

>>19163313
He should.
>>
>>19163335
>So far they're lancing utter trash, so fine by me, though most of the fedora tipping fuckwits would have strong objection to the contents of these threads despite academic bases
Most internet skeptics do seem to be dull-witted bandwagoners, don't they? Armchair skeptics. They don't do any actual study into the things they lambast, they just go for a blanket rebuttal of "I don't buy it."

I may have noticed it first with atheists. Rather than actually point out the faults in X religious belief, they hide behind the burden of proof or spout the same tired rhetoric. They're not much better than the theists, really.

I really just hope to find that comfortable middle between batshit, gullible believers and smug, incompetent nonbelievers.
>>
File: azoetia.jpg (236KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
azoetia.jpg
236KB, 736x981px
>>19163335
>>19163307

>You looked into the Cultus Sabbati yet?

glancing over Chumbley's (artistic) work it's not only almost completely derivative, but it sucks too :(
>>
What is the most historically valid source for European christian practices.

I.e. avoiding eclecticism, christian inventions, new-age inventions etc

How much do we actually know?
>>
>>19163529

*pre-christian
>>
>>19163494
>it sucks
make something better
>>
>>19163529
>avoiding eclecticism
Pretty much impossible. Paganism has always been syncretic.
>how much do we actually know?
Quite a bit. I suggest looking into neoplatonism and hermeticism. Not pre-Christian chronologically, but both defended the pagan traditions against Christianity. Also, anthropology books will probably have good reconstructions.
>>
>>19163494
HIs name is Claustos, headed home from a pilgrimage. He is akin to nature warden in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>19163529
>>19163544
>How much do we actually know?

It´s all guesswork. Your best bet is to pick the pieces from Eddas, folklore, oral traditions like the Kalevala rune-singers.

But no, there are no clear, in-depth accounts how the rites were performed or what kind of everyday religion in pagan Europe was like. It is ultimately all guesswork
>>
>>19163591

mfw occultists try to use poetics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wzr74d7TI
>>
>>19160739
>someone with genuine intentions
Can you give us some examples, please? Because that's not something this anon can say he has ever witnessed.
Are you one of these butthurt inepts who is too dense to figure anything out without having your hand held every step of the way?
>>
>>19160776
>There is a "hide" function for any and all threads
>this anon would rather come in and screech autistically
>act like a special snowflake
>demand everyone sees things your way
Bottom zozzle.
>>
>>19160788
>relapse
I do not think that word means what you think it means. Cute that you're lurking/reading the entire thread, just so you can have something to bitch about. It must be great being you, anon.
>>
>>19163604
>Try to use poetics
>"poetics"
>the study of linguistic techniques in poetry or literature.
>"use"
>>
>>19161400
thanks mate. any idea what "LoA" is?
>>
>>19163600
>It´s all guesswork.
Incorrect. There are ancient sources both Christian and Pagan which can be used to reconstruct beliefs and practices of pre-Christian people (for the Greeks and Romans at least).

But, otherwise, if you're into larping as a primitive snowmonkey viking then you pretty much are forced to make shit up as you listen to Varg videos.

Jk. I guess you could go to Siberia and look for a shaman from an relatively untouched society. But that's practicaly Eastern.
>>
>>19163900
Law of Attraction
>>
>>19162833
It's funny, because you say that almost every time someone responds with "not initiatory, not Hermetic" yet you never defend it in support of that statement being "just a meme."

Also, why would anyone want to use a book primarily full of garbage, even if there *were* one or two decent exercises, when even better exercises can be found in way better books? Like, Konstantinos gives some decent exercises too, but that wouldn't lead me to tell someone to read "Summoning Spirits," (which, btw, is largely "inspired" by Bardon according to the Works Cited).
>>
>>19159996
He was definitely involved in writing an astrology book with (I *believe*) some American woman
>>
>>19163933
Literally always, it's 4chan
>>
File: 109.jpg (108KB, 1672x642px) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
108KB, 1672x642px
>>19163494
>not only almost completely derivative, but it sucks too :(
see
>>19163580
Not only that, surpass Helen Oliver and design more unique sigilizations than Alogos. We'll be waiting.

>>19163933
Forever.
>>
Hey, anyone else do any Lemegeton work last night?
>>
>>19163964
It seems that way, but then it's hard to tell because there are certainly a decent amount of undergrad/postgrad students, business owners, parents, etc. on here. Mostly in /omg/ though, apparently. People have openly admitted their age on here and not gotten banned. like "Hey guys such and such happened to so and so at my high school, who is two years older than me..." Apparently, /x/ is a lot like a blue /b/
>>
File: I0P.jpg (24KB, 236x339px) Image search: [Google]
I0P.jpg
24KB, 236x339px
>>19163912

I don't 'defend' it because it doesn't need 'defended'; My name is not Don Quixote -- I do not tilt at windmills. I state my perspective and go about my business like a sane person. If someone disagrees with my perspective, that's fine, they're within their privilege to do so.
>>
>>19164014
You said
>That's just an autistic meme
Implying it's not true that "Initiation into Hermetics is neither Initiatory nor Hermetic. You should REALLY substantiate your claim that it's
>just a meme.

Or, you could stop making the claim.

As a third option, you can, indeed, carry on making your claim without substantiation. It's totally up to you, of course.
>>
>>19164025
>The Cats is the one shilling for Bardon
Color me absofuckinglutely shocked.
Who could have thought such a high quality /omg/ contributor would have such an opinion!?!
>>
File: helen_oliver.jpg (95KB, 374x556px) Image search: [Google]
helen_oliver.jpg
95KB, 374x556px
>>19163949

in no way am I trying to be edgy or antagonistic, but it's a sincere criticism of Chumbley's visual art alone, the penmanship is amateurish, the form is cliched, and the geometric sigil motif is overused, but if it got him where he needed to go then all the power to him

>Helen Oliver...Alogos

again her work (if she's the artist of the Dragon Book of Essex) shows a lot of the cliches of thelema derivatives, pic related piece is rather nice though

>sigils

So, from my studies of Spare and other psychonauts working with (mostly visual) art mediums as a tool (namely East asian artists, Zen calligraphers, and modern graphic designers) hastily scrawled sigils just aren't as potent as work with repeated attention to technique, material (East asian art cultures have a whole field on the interaction of paper, ink, and water tied in with Daoist and Zen philosophy), and subject exploration: when I see people making crappy chaote sigils trying to get somewhere it's like someone trying to do Zazen while watching netflix and eating popcorn

Spare is most famous in this community for his contributions to the modern form of sigils but from my study of him he got much more out of his more thorough and elaborate works of art, unconsciously inspired or planned, and the sigils may have served as little doodles for experimenting with the unconscious. Those thorough works also didn't require as much cliched iconography, alphanumeric barf as when he was trying to be more "occulty".

In my own work simple sigil-like drawings serve a good form of note taking rather than as a ritual, they filter out the linguistic elements of thoughtforms, they reveal how you perform in certain states, and also for binding the practice of technique with intent.
>>
File: Alogos Seal.jpg (19KB, 292x407px) Image search: [Google]
Alogos Seal.jpg
19KB, 292x407px
>>19164107
>a sincere criticism of Chumbley's visual art alone, the penmanship is amateurish
Produce better than pic related, please. I'll wait.

>the form is cliched
I hope you realize most of his art comes from the late 90's when nobody was producing similar, a reason he exploded on the market.

>geometric sigil motif is overused
GOOD THING HE MOSTLY USES LINGUISTIC SIGILS

>shows a lot of the cliches of thelema derivatives
Like? I see no Beast or Babalon. I see no Angel or Abyss. I see zero Thelemic cliches.

>hastily scrawled sigils just aren't as potent as work with repeated attention to technique
>~t. never even bothered to thumb through Azoetia

>for his contributions to the modern form of sigils
Spare literally just copied Agrippa. The only difference is he was a better 'professional' artist.

>In my own work simple sigil-like drawings
Let's see 'em Mr. Critic.
>>
>>19164133
Produce better, I'll wait.
>>
>>19164148
>Produce better, I'll wait.
>>
utterly subjective ...
>>
File: f8e72ad0c68db5029050d251f1e21157.jpg (358KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
f8e72ad0c68db5029050d251f1e21157.jpg
358KB, 2048x1536px
>>19164156
>>Produce better, I'll wait.
>>
File: b294f24b5fdf82888ba2ae37baa632c8.jpg (156KB, 736x1010px) Image search: [Google]
b294f24b5fdf82888ba2ae37baa632c8.jpg
156KB, 736x1010px
>>19164162
>>>/producebetteri'llwait/

>>19164161
No, claims like "Spare was innovative", "Chumbley and Helen are using Thelemic cliche", "they're not potent because they're hasty and not a repeated technique", and "this is a sincere critique" are all falsifiable statements about any given pieces of occult art.
>>
File: Zhang Daqian Mt. Fuchun 001.jpg (234KB, 1600x805px) Image search: [Google]
Zhang Daqian Mt. Fuchun 001.jpg
234KB, 1600x805px
>>19164156
>>19164162
>>19164174

tattoo artist tier

>>19164148

is nice for an amateur calligrapher

>>19164133
>>19164174

I'm not even claiming to be a better artist, but having studied a lot of this stuff professionally it's just not very good or mind-blowing art

relax you don't need to justify your spooky coffee table purchases to the rest of us, and pipe down on the amphetamines, you're being uncharacteristically obtuse Thoth
>>
>>19164174

"Produce better, I'll wait."

is subjective
>>
>>19164181
>tattoo artist tier
And your weeb art looks like it belongs in my local Chinese restaurant.
See what I did there? That's called critique of no substance.

NOW, let's get back to your falsifiable claims and you presenting evidence for them, like the "Thelemic cliche" bit.
>>
>>19164181
>not even claiming to be a better artist
Not sure that is what was meant by 'produce'.
Submit as evidence, provide an example of what you deem better.
>>
>>19164194
Particularly from the 'occult' community among those constructing rituals and orders.

Anon's critiques are exactly the kind of hot air they beat out of you in any given art history or museum design program.

PARTICULARLY when it comes to visible, physical, objective claims, like the presence or absence of an influence.
>>
File: tumblr_nynhyl7PS31ssnktoo1_500.jpg (199KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nynhyl7PS31ssnktoo1_500.jpg
199KB, 500x719px
>>19164190
>>19164208

marked differences in quality of technique and training are not "hot air", you can tell who has put more effort into their work

thelemic cliches = naked women, vaginas n' horned beasts, snakes 'n skulls, revelationsy beasts, Egyptian crap, all-seeing eyes interspersed with alphanumerics from different languages and Pythagorean geometries, and sharp arabesques

slow down on the dexamp, you're a cool dude but a lot of people aren't going to take you as seriously when you bug out like this, I'm just trying to point out differences in technique and quality between artists,

>>19164194

Spare had better technique, he has had intensive (and classical) practice since childhood and it shows in his work
>>
File: Aleister_Crowley's_May_Morn.jpg (73KB, 326x476px) Image search: [Google]
Aleister_Crowley's_May_Morn.jpg
73KB, 326x476px
>>19164234
>Spare had better technique
I don't actually dispute this.

>thelemic cliches = naked women, vaginas n' horned beasts, snakes 'n skulls, revelationsy beasts, Egyptian crap, all-seeing eyes interspersed with alphanumerics from different languages and Pythagorean geometries, and sharp arabesques
Look, everyone, he's 3 for 12!
>>
>>19164250
>Look, everyone, he's 3 for 12!
>>
File: tumblr_lq0zerZiMP1qbl18wo1_1280.jpg (385KB, 1023x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lq0zerZiMP1qbl18wo1_1280.jpg
385KB, 1023x1280px
>>19164257
>>Look, everyone, he's 3 for 12!
>>
File: aos1-1.jpg (169KB, 552x800px) Image search: [Google]
aos1-1.jpg
169KB, 552x800px
>>19164262
>>19164257
>>19164250
>SHIT BRUH LOOK AT ALL THESE TIRED BUSTED THELEMIC CLICHES, WHAT TRASH LEL

I think we're done here.
>>
>>19164268
That is, of course, unless you feel like owning the fact that by your own metric and litmus, that Spare was peddling MORE derivative Thelemic than ED FUCKING CROWLEY or JFC FULLER.
>>
File: ed.jpg (40KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
40KB, 620x413px
>>19164290
>...MORE derivative Thelemic *cliches* than...
>>
File: dexam.jpg (42KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
dexam.jpg
42KB, 1200x675px
>>19164290

I didn't say Spare didn't make use of those cliches, but I just said his technique was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uxl3TjXeY
>>
>>19164316
>his technique was better

No, it wasn't.

While Thelemic/ Golden Dawn/ Solomonic trads do have some backing in modern neuropsych and relied on actually working principles, the most that can be said about Spare's work is that it was a method of forcing suggestions into ones brain.

Which is insanely destructive in and of itself, and the reason why so many Chaotes end up psychotic and obsessed.

It's also why one should actually educate oneself on matters outside of magic before pursuing it.
>>
File: 1490741313721.png (213KB, 277x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490741313721.png
213KB, 277x250px
>>19164316
Then we're in agreement.

Spare was a classically trained and very talented derivative and cliched hack who painted signs for a job while lived in an attic with fifty cats masturbating into clay jars all day.
>>
File: tongatars.png (3MB, 2251x3703px) Image search: [Google]
tongatars.png
3MB, 2251x3703px
>>19164330

I was talking about his artwork, but if spare's work really did excel at affecting the unconscious, it did at least one thing right, and merits further study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4QX-ZpjQE
>>
Can someone here please explain to me what's off topic for the thread, let alone the board, about Varg "Kristian" Vikernes, the Pope of Ethnopaganism, full blown admitting he's a spiritual (as in, not just for funsies, but that the LARP mindset is core to Paganism) LARPer and hilariously asserting LARP is proof of reincarnation like the half educated jail-rat degenerate convict he is?

Here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5tL5LFfMts
>>
>>19164568
I mean, the video is CERTAINLY topical to the thread, being about the theory and praxis of occult religions, and CERTAINLY topical to the board, which is "paranormal" writ large.

Not sure why someone wouldn't want the folks ITT to see the biggest name in White Nationalist Neopaganism out himself as an ineffectual fucktard.
>>
Where would one begin a path of spirituality rooted in logic, reason, and the nature of reality? With no disrepect to some of the practices on here, really couldn't ever see 'swallowing' old ideas or going to the lengths of involved rituals- modern and popular or more obscure. Numbers and nature feel instinctive and inherit but sometimes it seems duality clouds this view. Is there an altruistic right hand path of sorts?

While simultaneously keeping a check on reality I sometimes fantasize about being a modern day 'Gandalf' however that idea may be able to manifest
>>
>>19164695
>spirituality rooted in logic, reason, and the nature of reality
What, EXACTLY, do you mean here?

Skeptical perspectives run through Thelema and CM.

>With no disrepect to some of the practices on here, really couldn't ever see 'swallowing' old ideas or going to the lengths of involved rituals
K.
Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Do you find it "odd" that Newton, the inventor of modern calculus, was an alchemist? That many of the Indic philosophers of formal logic were yogic gurus?
>>
>>19164695
>Where would one begin a path of spirituality rooted in logic, reason, and the nature of reality?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaring_the_circle#Impossibility
>>
File: racoons.jpg (107KB, 436x700px) Image search: [Google]
racoons.jpg
107KB, 436x700px
>>19164695

start with the greeks
then read Descartes
then read Isaac Newton

if you wanna jump straight into where logic meets mystism read or listen to Robert Anton Wilson, he's got some lectures on youtube

keep yourself grounded learning a bodily grounded like martial arts, or drawing, or yoga; breath awareness and focus is a good introduction to an augmented life of any sorts

ritual magic is mostly psychodrama tricking your mind to go into new places flavored with cliches, many such magickal practitioners chase after different gatekeepers of authenticity depending on their flavor preferences whether you wanna channel levantine demons or viking ancestors

there's something in life you probably already enjoy that has introduced you to new worlds, whether that's bird watching or football, if it's something that you feel has resonated with you cross into similar disciplines and find completely unrelated realms of experience that build upon a theme, most mystical traditions have a notion Great Work, whether that's the philosophers stone, the dharma, or Finnegans Wake, if social altruism is your ultimate goal finding the right christian ministry or volunteer group to improve your community and nation is a good idea
>>
File: Gandlebore.jpg (1MB, 2136x2850px) Image search: [Google]
Gandlebore.jpg
1MB, 2136x2850px
>>19164695
>I sometimes fantasize about being a modern day 'Gandalf'
Gandalf was a demigod pretending to be an old man. Maybe try a different wizard?
>>
>>19164695
Euler, Euclid's Elements, Kant's logic, free MIT courses calc 1 and 2 then communative algebra, discrete math, topology, combinatorics and algebraic and geometric variations there of.
>>
>>19164811
>>19164754
>>19164730
>>19164695
Godel, Escher, Bach: Eternal Golden Braid
>>
>>19164290
That fuller was a talented fellow
>>
>>19164710
Those are the principal's I value in what I'm looking for. Just saying I'd like to do real action with impact, i.e; having lots of energy and willpower to help others opposed to 'I sat in a circle for half an hour chanting to increase my odds of something I might've been equally able to do had I believed in myself'.

And ye, definitely. You read Paul coehllo's 'the alchemist'?
>>
>>19164788
What's wrong with that, can't be drawing attention if you're at his status
>>
>>19164754
I like your variety and reasoning, I will certainly keep those in mind, currently reading more and more even if it's a slow start. I've been noticing a pattern in what you're saying and some of my work/hobbies. Already found good results in meditation and kickboxing. Might have to try yoga again I've heard good things about it and your parasympathetic nervous system
>>
>>19165077
The point was that it's impossible for a mortal to become one of the Istari.
>>
>>19164614
He isn't nationalist, he is a eurocentrist tribalist
He doesn't want countries and big nations to exist, just tiny idealistic tribes scattered around fucking fantasy Europe with elves and leprechauns
Even more retarded
>>
>>19164181
>tattoo artist tier
Sounds like you're a pretentious faggot who doesn't know a single thing about esoteric art. There are tattoo artists active now who are better than both spare and chumbles, not even to mention the fact that flesh is a harder medium. If you continue to trip on this board I'll gladly respond to every post you make explaining that you're a worthless piece of shit who doesn't help anyone
>>
Why the uptick in inquiries on Abramelin lately?
Don't tell me it's that damned Irish film.
>>
>>19165067
>You read Paul coehllo's 'the alchemist'?

Without disrespect, Paul Coehlo is not alchemist, does not understand alchemy and the whole book is quite literally on par with Harry Potter when it comes to alchemical practice.
>>
>>19165687

It is. Happens every single time there's a film that features anything occulty. I feel sorry for the poor dabblers that go at it halfcocked because "LETS DO IT AT HOME!"
>>
>>19165601

>doesn't know a single thing about esoteric art

well if he did it wouldn't be esoteric now would it
>>
>>19164330
>While Thelemic/ Golden Dawn/ Solomonic trads do have some backing in modern neuropsych

This should be considered some great merit or am I missing something?

It does not come as a surprise though, it has been a trend since the 80s at least.

These groups are desperate for any so called (scientific) or even simple academic confirmation for their work.

Peter Koenig has written great article on this phenomenon called "The McDonaldisation of Occulture"
http://www.parareligion.ch/mcdonald.htm

People who try to synthesize spirituality, religion and (hermetic) practices should read René Guénon´s chapter "Confusion of Psychic and Spiritual" and "Errors of pscyho-analysis"
in his work "Reign of Quantity ..."

These things simply cannot be formed to some coherent system, they are, diametrically opposed to each other as are matter and spirit.
>>
>>19160003
The one and only.
https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Hunting-Practical-Andrew-Green/dp/1845496876
Get the edition linked above.

Get this book from Ape's library: Folklore of Ghosts

You may also like this one (not *only* about ghosts but highly recommended):
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=Greer+monsters&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
>>
>>19164360
>if spare's work really did excel at affecting the unconscious, it did at least one thing right, and merits further study

It excelled at forceful, destructive, and irresponsible methods. We already know that. Further study is unnecessary, as we already got to the root of the matter.

If you haven't yet, pick up some neuropsych, and psychotherapy books. CBT and hypnotherapy have a lot to say about his methods.

>>19164695
Neuropsychology, and phenomenology.

>>19165804
I'm not talking about resynthetization - I'm talking about the fact that the mechanisms they've been using have been proven useful, and actually *real*. They're used in psychotherapy nowadays, in mildly different forms.

The principles are generally valid, although their explanations are entirely misguided and/or wrong.

What I'm saying is, we know for example that hypnosis can cause hallucinations, delusions, and other phenomena to manifest (automatic writing, anyone?).

When you look at ritual structure from the perspective of psychotherapy and mental mechanics, it becomes very clear that the vast majority of magic is basically self-suggestion and/or self-hypnosis in other forms.

This doesn't mean magic doesn't exist per se, but it does mean that the vast majority of 'magicians' have no clue what they're talking about, given their lack of education and insight into the machinations of the human mind.

And yeah, this isn't of great merit at all - specifically because I am aware of only a small handful of people who have the knowledge, determination, and ability to focus that will allow them to see past their love for the method.

It's much like pitching a business idea.

Nobody's really interested in HOW, aside from it working. All they care about is the outcome of higher profits and quality of life.

And in order to get those outcomes significantly more consistently, and with much less effort, it's absolutely crucial to know at least a tiny bit about just how the mind works.
>>
>>19165687
>>19165722
I asked about the Abramelin before any "Irish film" and never got an answer.
>>
File: Julius_Evola.png (64KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Evola.png
64KB, 220x293px
Evola bump
>>
>>19166974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFkQjd23SDQ
>>
https://steemit.com/esoteric/@esoteric-trail/i-summon-you-to-esoteric-trail

These people.

I don't even.
>>
File: 1487495430772.jpg (176KB, 899x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1487495430772.jpg
176KB, 899x1079px
First time poster, looking for some advice.

I'm a person who has complete faith in the spiritual/divine due to my life experiences. Was raised as a non-denominational Christian, have always sought to help others, and my primary drive is to serve The Light. It is my belief that as a result, my life has been spared near-disaster numerous times and was once an unintentional conduit for healing power (I could feel something holy in the room).

Since my introduction to mushrooms a year ago, I've come to see myself getting more and more into Buddhism. During my first trip, I could feel The Enemy raging and gnashing their teeth at my mindspace discoveries, and constantly feel like The Enemy is attacking me and seeking to distract me from The Way.

I've been lurking this board for awhile now, and I need to reconcile my concepts of The Light and The Dark. I want to deepen my understanding about life, unlock the secrets of my potential, but NEVER at the cost of serving The Dark. I read discussions on pentagrams, sigils, and am afraid that what I seek is the domain of The Enemy.

tl;dr I'm a goody two-shoes paladin of the light, should I just walk away from all this?
>>
>>19167030
>keywords:The Enemy, The Light, The Dark

The only thing that your post lacks is the term: "The Force"

Maybe stick to Buddhism and try to work out the dualism and get back to this thread in few years. Recommended reading: Tao Teh King
>>
>>19167030

Yes, you should walk away if you're not ready to go at it with an open mind. There's no such thing as light or dark, just different shades of grey and varying perceptions therewith.
>>
>>19167042
>missing keywords: The Enemy, The Way

I'm sorry, I don't know how else to express without getting concrete. I believe there is a creator spirit, and there are malevolent entities (demons). I've been familiarizing myself with Stephen Mitchell's translation of the Dao De Jing, and I know this at least is the right thing to do.

No, I think I'm ready to be here now, not in a few years.
>>
>>19166952
There is one anon who we know is in preparations for some variation/bastardization (which is how the Abramelin book should be used, anyway) of the ritual. Pretty sure there's at least one other who has attained to K&C of HGA. This anon, however, has not gotten there yet.
>>
>>19164568
Why, did they try to delete the post, before, or something?
>>
>>19162848
>compare Bardon with the Corpus Hermeticum

So absolutely nothing other than the name then?
>>
>>19166846
>I don't subscribe to the psych model
>It's the NEUROpsych model, which is *TOTALLY* and entirely different. See?
>>
>>19166846
>most magicians
>"lack of education"
[Please cite study(-ies)]
>>
>>19167122
What are you saying?
>tell me what he gets right and what he gets wrong.
>So absolutely nothing other than the name then?

Does not compute. Does not compute. Does not compute.
>>
>>19167144
I'm saying Initiation into Hermetics has nothing in common with Hermeticism.
>>
>>19167072
>(which is how the Abramelin book should be used, anyway)

This is how it´s done in these threads. Always use shortcuts. Never follow a book or rituals to the letter and throw in some sigil wanking for the show!

>Pretty sure there's at least one other who has attained to K&C of HGA.

I´m sure they have. He now offers expert advice on Sigil doodling and wanking on pieces of paper. Great master, If I may say so.
>>
>>19167156
Exactly. In fact, Bardon didn't even get sio much as the *title* right. But, after knowing that he believed himself to be the HISTORICAL Hermes Trismegistus, it makes sense why he had the audacity to make such a claim. In fact, a lot of things make sense about that guy, now.

Does anyone know if he was an actual initiate? I challenged one of his followers to prove he was a while back, but they never got back to me, and there doesn't seem to be anything reliable about it online.
>>
>>19167009
We are poor we cannot afford a building yet. But yeah come to our cave. Talk to one of our members. We will hang out with you for a bit. Then we will bring you into our order. You will meet sages and wizards. Don't forget when you come back to knock 3 times. Say the secret password. https://discord.gg/9ghKefr The password is STEEMMAGICK discord.
hahaha
>>
>>19167169
>"help pass the torch from the adepts to the initiates"
>"all skill levels are welcome"
>"adepts"
>"all skill levels"
>>
>>19167169
>>19167177
Tell ya what, if the pay is right I can fix their grammar, syntax, spelling, and gay-ass list of poorly-thought-out titles of people included in their group, and maybe even improve the layout.
>>
>>19167139
It is vastly different.

Saying it isn't betrays ignorance.
>>
>>19167182
Can you please give us/me a quick rundown/side-by-side/venn diagram- type comparison of psych model ideas about occult phenomena vs. neuropsych model ideas about occult phenomena? because, more than anything, I just get confused by what you post aligning so closely with the psych-model, sometimes.
>>
>>19165688
Lol I'm not saying he's a textbook for alchemy. I think he is at the extreme end of philosophical alchemy without entering into the occult/literal and technical attempts at alchemy. Paying attention to signs, trusting in yourself, the nature of having to make life decisions- the whole theme of patience to purify seems similar to the idea of a masterwork.
>>
>>19167197
No, the anon's right. you must not get out much. You don't know much about esoteric art OR tattoos, clearly, but feel free to prove him/me wrong; both about modern tattoo artists and esoteric art. We'll wait.
>>
>>19167193
>y. Paying attention to signs, trusting in yourself, the nature of having to make life decisions- the whole theme of patience to purify seems similar to the idea of a masterwork.

Harry Potter also contains all of these valuable lessons with courage and formula of self-sacrifice. Still does not make it alchemical work even though one of the book is called Harry Potter and the Philosopher´s Stone.
>>
>>19167202
>Sorcerer's Stone
;-)
>>
>>19167203
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosopher%27s_Stone
> It was published in the United States as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by Scholastic Corporation in 1998.

Was not aware. Well, the European version was called Philosopher´s Stone.
>>
>>19167207
Interesting! Did not know that, either. Makes me feel like they published the dumbed-down title for my physically obese, mentally petite countrymen.
>>
>>19167210
>Makes me feel like they published the dumbed-down title for my physically obese, mentally petite countrymen.

That's exactly what they did. Also its a kids book.
>>
>>19167212
So is Paul Coelho´s "Alhemist"

When I was 14 a girl from my class did a book review on it. I
>>
How does one get the goetic spirits to "give familiars," as it says in the Goetia that some of the m"give good familiars."? Do they give you sigils of the familiars or how exactly does that work? Somebody will very likely say "find out yourself," which is my plan exactly, tonight in fact, but a bit of preliminary info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
File: doc_thor7.jpg (114KB, 592x790px) Image search: [Google]
doc_thor7.jpg
114KB, 592x790px
>Coelho
>>
>>19167243
How far did he make it?
>>
File: Shemyaza.jpg (142KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shemyaza.jpg
142KB, 600x600px
>>19167241
>do ritual
>find agreeable critter
>???
>famulus
>>
File: Claudia.jpg (16KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
Claudia.jpg
16KB, 300x409px
>>19167248
Iunno.
Not terribly far, to my knowledge.

Studied under Frater Thor, aka Euclydes Lacerda de Almeida, who Soror Kali Athena, aka Cluaida Canuto de Menezes, proclaimed as the successor to the Motta A.'.A.'. in her absence around the year 2000.

The Gunther lineage has been DESPERATELY trying to bring Brazil back "into the fold", as it were.
>>
File: gotosbreath.gif (140KB, 300x385px) Image search: [Google]
gotosbreath.gif
140KB, 300x385px
>The most salient feature of the Fraternitatis Saturni is its Égrégore. Its thirty-third degree is called "GOTOS", which derives from the term 'Gradus O.T.O. Saturni', and somewhat resembles the office of Outer head of the Order (OHO) in the O.T.O.. The OHO is the link between the Order and its 'Secret Chiefs' - its Égrégore, or the Inner Head of the Order (IHO); The OHO is the IHO's mouthpiece. But unlike other versions of the O.T.O., the FS worshipped its Égrégore in the physical form of a statue-bust whose form was received mediumistically by a female member of the Order. While the O.T.O. Égrégore is generally identified as Baphomet (though some claim it is Aiwaz - and H.J. Metzger considered that it was the 'Stélé of Revealing'), Crowley never conceived Baphomet to be an incarnate entity. Yet the FS did, calling its Égrégore "GOTOS UTUIT" (the latter word apparently means "OTO-it"). The bust of Gotos is regularly anointed with special unguents.

Those crazy Germans!
>>
>>19167191
No.

Unless you pay me, as the time and effort investment isn't small.

The core difference is that the neuropsych model accounts for a lot of functions outside of the mind, and thus is significantly closer to how things actually work.

Psychology gets some things right, however it's also misguided (when going back to its roots) about the separation of mind and body.

>>19167253
All them lineages can fuck off. Magic is a waste of time for all but a handful of people.
>>
File: ela_home2.jpg (155KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
ela_home2.jpg
155KB, 381x400px
>>19167276
I'd quibble with Koenig over the OTO egregore.
>>
>>19167287
Everything you have presented so far in your posts makes it look like "psych-model 'plus'"
>>
>>19167287
It is all fine and dandy if all your experiences with magick can be explained by this neuropsychological model of yours and self-suggestion, however, I have totally contradictory experiences with genuine results that I cannot explain by "forcing suggestions" into my brain or some form of hypnosis.

This is one example:
Let us say that certain working I did 3 years ago resulted in a piece of "automatic writing" in a similar sense to the "Book of the Law" that huge chunk of the contents were unintelligible and alien to my conscious self. This was a personal working with entity and not to be published as some revelation.

It was not much, but I did demand some sort of evidence for the communication and the closing lines of this channeling were written down by me as "Take this as token of my Profundity: XXX"

XXX being unintelligible for me at that moment.

Year later I found out by examining my city´s old maps that the street where the working was performed was 100 years ago been numbered by the very same number.

1.5 years later found out that the (magical) motto of myself adds up to XXX in Hebrew.

2 years later find out that in the old dialect of my town certain word literally adds up to this "XXX"

I hope you get the point. This was also something I pushed aside at the time of "receiving" it, thinking it not as genuine, but the communication has by years "unraveled" itself before my eyes in a very peculiar fashion. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>19167288
I like Koegni´s site, but he is not exactly were "neutral" write or historian and likes to push HIS views on most of the matters.

It would be excellent site if it was strictly neutral and boring narrative written in quite detached manner. Just the way I (personally) like it.
>>
>>19167340
>I have totally contradictory experiences with genuine results that I cannot explain by "forcing suggestions" into my brain or some form of hypnosis.

Had that too. Telepathy and TK are real. At least so says the vast amount of research on the topic. That doesn't mean that they're involved in every single ritual, or working.

Which is part of why I stand firmly against the hype of "I don't need to know neuropsych, I don't need to study because old books tell me how it is".

That's no better than Bible thumpers or Jihadis.

It's better to deny oneself the egotistical pleasure of being a 'prophet' in one's own eyes than to risk falling prey to delusions of grandeur and psychosis.
>>
>>19167340
There are many examples like that, anon. The neuropsych model tries to account for things like that, like things that cannot possibly be known by the person and are not discovered until much later...it's particularly fascinating when there are things nobody could have known about until much later, but they always have some kind of answer. Frequently an insufficient one.
>>
>>19167358
Nobody is saying one shouldn't study neuro-psychology, anymore than anyone would say not to study psychology, there's just a difference between educating oneself in a certain field, and subscribing to that field's particular model of occult phenomena.
>>
C.S.Jones, much to Crowley's frustration, was a follower of the Koreshan hollow earth cosmology.
>>
>>19167367
>subscribing to that field's particular model of occult phenomena.

Subscribing to any model that doesn't stand up to closer scrutiny and doesn't deliver significantly more likely explanations of phenomena is hardly a good idea.

What if I told you that I can make people have full-blown hallucinations of God within... 20-30 minutes?

The experience is indistinguishable from mystical states (at least as far as my experimenting goes), and at the same time, it's not magical, mystical, or occult in the slightest.

What I feel we should be focusing on is less magic/ occultism, and more 'does this get me where I want to be'.
>>
>>19167364
Telepathy.

Check out the CIA's declassified documentation on StarGate from like 2000 or 2001.

Fascinating stuff.
>>
>>19167358
>Which is part of why I stand firmly against the hype of "I don't need to know neuropsych, I don't need to study because old books tell me how it is".

Without disrespect or insulting, I have hard time believing a theory based on findings and theories of the last 100 years could have resulted in some profound understanding of the human psyche that was not achieved literally over thousand years earlier by systems like Buddhism that without shadow of a doubt anatomically dissect the human psyche, emotions and intellect to a coherent and even scientific system.

What makes you think this (neuro)psychological model is any way superior to, for example, Eastern contemplative systems except that the former is most probably accepted by the academia while the latter is not?

Do you think some young 20-something students of neuropsych could have something to offer for some genuine Buddhists who may have achieved some sort of understanding on the nature of the mind? I have hard time believing so
>>
>>19167379
>Check out the CIA's declassified documentation on StarGate from like 2000 or 2001.

Frankly, does not prove anything. KGB also released lots of "woo" as genuine articles as part of their disinformation warfare program. Would not be surprised if this was the case with CIA too.
>>
>>19167394
Major Ed Dames was good at his job until he started doing it in his free time without some sort of spiritual supervision. Pretty sure that's largely why they cut him loose and he formed that school in Hawaii.
>>
>>19167375
So basically, "this is the model I personally subscribe to, and therefore is more accurate and correct than other phenomenological models."

Gotcha
>>
Is the qabalah worth studying? Just seems made up
>>
>>19167595
Think of it like Wikipedia.

Informative, but everyone can edit it to their liking.
>>
>>19167595
>Just seems made up
Yup. Like every science and discipline ever, it was created by human hands, or "made up"

It's very much worth studying, but not a lot of people seem to have the patience, or, if I may presume to say, the understanding. It is in the esoteric Qabalah that we find answers to some of the most profound questions in life. As Ed Crowley said, the sublime retort of the Qabalist to he who says "With these methods, opne ought to be able to make everything out of nothing" is: "With these methods, one did create everything out of nothing."
>>
>>19167389
Please tell me, how many of those old-timers could tell you anything about the associative mechanisms involved in say... the fear response, or associative memory?

Because you know, that has profoundly impacted the way we guide people through therapy, and the efficiency we can get in such things as personal development, meditation, and other things.

>Do you think some young 20-something students of neuropsych could have something to offer for some genuine Buddhists who may have achieved some sort of understanding on the nature of the mind?

Do you think some young 20-something 'genuine' Buddhist could have something to offer to some neuropsychologists who HAVE an understanding of the mind?

Admittedly, neuropsych is for the most part an academic discipline - however unlike religious and philosophical currents, it's entirely actionable.

>>19167394
My experience suggests it works as described. YMMV.

>>19167410
Please show me another model which accounts for behavioral changes when electrodes are stuck in a person's brain, and then we'll have a conversation.
>>
>>19167611
>It is in the esoteric Qabalah that we find answers to some of the most profound questions in life

Why don't these qabalists enlighten the rest of us about the answers to these profound questions? That would advance humanity a decent amount and yet they don't. It's not like the qabalah is a secret anymore.
>>
>>19167630
>Why don't these qabalists enlighten the rest of us about the answers to these profound questions?

Because there is no answer. The Qabalah is a model, which is just vague enough to be useful for a general understanding of life, however it's by far imprecise and inaccurate enough to deliver any reliable facts about life.
>>
>>19167612
>Please tell me, how many of those old-timers could tell you anything about the associative mechanisms involved in say... the fear response, or associative memory?

I am frankly not very well versed in Buddhist terminology and practice, but I am 100% certain that there exists terminology for both of these in their system and even method for them.

>Because you know, that has profoundly impacted the way we guide people through therapy

I have worked with therapists, people who study psychology. I have gone through psychological evaluation, cognitive tests and been a partaker of Therapy sessions. I´ve been also subject of Rorschach test twice in my life.

I have no respect for any of these methods. I also say this without any bitterness.
>>
>>19167640
>er. The Qabalah is a model, which is just vague enough to be useful for a general understanding of life, however it's by far imprecise and inaccurate enough to deliver any reliable facts about life.

It is in a essence a model of relations between the (metaphysical) zero and the number 10 ( or Eleven )

>however it's by far imprecise and inaccurate enough to deliver any reliable facts about life.
Qabalah is not capable of delivering anything.

It is like blaming calculus you are inable to do simple math
>>
>>19167649
>I´ve been also subject of Rorschach test twice in my life.

Bruv. That doesn't mean squat. That's literally why neuropsych is so important - consider the developments in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy over the last few decades. THAT is progress.
>>
>>19167663
>Qabalah is not capable of delivering anything.

And yet rabbi after rabbi I've spoken to claimed it's the "way to understand God".

If the qabalah doesn't deliver an understanding of God, no less life, then it's literally not doing what it's advertised to. Therefore, worthless.
>>
>>19167675
>And yet rabbi after rabbi I've spoken to claimed it's the "way to understand God".

They were talking about Kabbalah. We are talking about Qabalah, which frankly is not subject to the (limitations) of the Hebrew tradition.

>If the qabalah doesn't deliver an understanding of God, no less life, then it's literally not doing what it's advertised to. Therefore, worthless.

Better stick to neuropsych then. Maybe those guys come up with some flashy powerpoint slideshow in few years that finally explains how Nothing becomes Something in Freudian-Jungian mother-rape-father-son-molest back to the beginning IHVH formula understood in psycho-sexual makeup of the subconscious
>>
>>19167371
Those wacky theosophists are The Godfather's of almost every modern conspiracy theory
>>
>>19167716
Just wondering

How could there have been 'nothing'? Nothing is the absence of something, it cannot exist without a 'something' to compare it to, so how could there have been nothing
>>
>>19167741
Absence of War Does Not Mean Peace!
>>
>>19167716
>Freud
>Jung

You do realize we're talking about neuropsychology, which is applied neuroscience, and not psychology, which is mostly mythologized bollocks, right?

>They were talking about Kabbalah. We are talking about Qabalah, which frankly is not subject to the (limitations) of the Hebrew tradition.

Same thing. You'd know that had you actually looked at the material.

Hell, you can even trace the development of the Hermetic Qabalah through the ages if you just go through the Solomonic trad - it traces back the GMP and the Kabbalah.

>>19167741
Nah. Theorizing on untestable ideas is a waste of time.
>>
>>19167748
I think you'll find that it does.
>>
>>19167756
>You do realize we're talking about neuropsychology, which is applied neuroscience, and not psychology, which is mostly mythologized bollocks, right?

What the hell are you even doing here then?

There are people like Ken Wilber, that have demonstrated that they are able to literally "stop" their brainwaves that can be scientifically recorded

This state is described by Crowley:
>In him who is dead, and whose life has come to an end, the bodily (in-and-out breathing), verbal (thought-conception and discursive thinking), and mental functions (s. sankhāra, 2) have become suspended and come to a standstill, life is exhausted, the vital heat extinguished, the faculties are destroyed. Also in the monk who has reached 'extinction of perception and feeling' (saññā-vedayita-nirodha), the bodily, verbal and mental functions have been suspended and come to a standstill, but life is not exhausted, the vital heat not extinguished, and the faculties are not destroyed.

Ken Wilber demonstrates, that he can literally produce end to that brain activity.

Does this confirm Nirvikalpa Samadhi? Probably in neuroscience.

This is as far you are going to get. Hope you understand the insanity of quantitative method
>>
>>19167792
Here is btw. video of "Ken Wilber Stops His Brain Waves"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFMtq5g8N4
>>
File: ARCHGOAT.jpg (18KB, 390x264px) Image search: [Google]
ARCHGOAT.jpg
18KB, 390x264px
True Satanic Black Metal are bands such as Darkthrone, Aryan Satankampf, Graveland, the Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit and Impaled Nazarene. You can listen to Metallica if you want, but you do not understand anything about the real Hitleric Nazi Black Metal.

You are just a poser and you can fuck off from the whole scene. Black Metal is real music, not intended for animals like you, but to the real Satanic Misanthrophes who do not care about sheep like you.

Black Metal is music for the elite and you do not understand it. None of you understand real Satanism. You pathetic little kids. You are naive children.

Our worldview is based on Wotanic Hitlerism, on a personal level Satanic Individualism and on a collective level: Hitleric Fascism.

Without an understanding of theoretical occultism, it is useless to dream of understanding the Wotanic worldview.

None of you can understand Wotanism, for you are all intellectually on par with animals.

You can not reach the elite level of Satanism, so why even dream about it? Satanism and Black Metal are for the elite. For real misanthrophes.
>>
>>19167668
>Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy over the last few decades. THAT is progress.
It's gotten progressively less effective though
>>
>>19167792
>There are people like Ken Wilber, that have demonstrated that they are able to literally "stop" their brainwaves that can be scientifically recorded

Brainwaves =/= neural activity.

I'd argue that the state Crowley is describing is one of simple, far-going dissociation rather than anything else.

The claim that stopping ones brainwaves somehow equates the ceasing of mental functions (which, save for literal biological death, is not possible), is at best far-fetched.

>>19168141
Not as far as I've seen. What makes you think that?
>>
So my mother DIES know about kabbalah and occult stuff.
How do i got more info out of her?
She has a shalom tattoo on her right wrist.
>>
>>19157893
>DIES
Fucking autocorrect
Does
>>
>>19168185

digest.bps.org.uk/2015/06/03/is-cbt-for-depression-losing-its-efficacy/amp/
>>
Are these threads over, or are we just gonna wait out the report spammer and new janitor?
>>
>>19167287
>All them lineages can fuck off. Magic is a waste of time for all but a handful of people.

I agree with this to be honest.
>>
>>19168367
And this is evidence of CBT becoming less effective... how exactly?

This analysis fails to take into account case studies, and relies on incomplete data.

Not to mention that it's talking about classical CBT, which goes back at least to the 60's. Hardly 'last few decades'.
>>
Omg- flaming hot opinions general
>>
>>19168702
>And this is evidence of CBT becoming less effective... how exactly?
"the researchers found a linear and steady reduction in the therapy’s apparent efficacy over time. "
How is it not?
>This analysis fails to take into account case studies, and relies on incomplete data.
It's a review of 70 studies, why does it need to take case studies into account? What case studies does it need to take into account?
>Not to mention that it's talking about classical CBT, which goes back at least to the 60's. Hardly 'last few decades'.
It's comparing across four decades, so, dumb complaint
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.