[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody got the signs from this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

>>
Your typical b browser
>>
>>18900155
To chicken to watch it high. It's one of those movies that only makes sense under the influence. Just like sausage party. Trust me, and ignore the orgy the makes everyone screech.. the rest is top tier mind game.
>>
It made perfect sense to me. I thought it was brilliant honestly. I didn't think of the movie as a "sign" though
>>
>>18900155
I watched it, and loved it.
What signs? I need to know.
>>
>thanks yify A10 V10
>>
File: IMG_4661.jpg (48KB, 388x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4661.jpg
48KB, 388x296px
>>18900553
>>
I enjoyed the movie and it made me more aware of the dissociation in me. No, I don't have alters or other personalities or whatever, but something happened a long time ago that... sealed away? fragmented? a major part of my identity. It's somewhere I can't reach and it never surfaces. I'm what most people would describe as "dead inside". Last time I explained how things work for me, somebody said I operate like a robot or an alien, I don't think they were far off. I stopped viewing myself as human when I was a kid, so my brain rearranged things to make that view of myself as true as possible.

Anyway, I think the movie would have been better if it ended with the police car scene. The mirror and diner scenes put a damper on it imo. It felt like /co/.
>>
>>18900155
I got The Signs, the other movie by M. Night somewhere in there. This is some mind fuckery. I've been underestimating him.
>>
>>18900689
"You can't use your thumbs to spin the wheel." Hory Sheeeiiitt
>>
>>18900689
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME
>>
>>18900577
Fag
>>
>>18900155
>>>/tv/
>>
File: IMG_6585.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6585.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>18900155
Yes
>>
>>18900155
wow, are all /x/ posters retarded nowadays? it used to be at least 50/50 years ago.

i read a synopsis of this movie and the meaning was painfully obvious. i remember back when m. night's script to "the village" leaked and everyone thought it was fake or a mind-fuck. turns out it was really that bad kek
>>
>>18900628

What year did you lose contact with that part of yourself, what trends were you following in life media and news, and what happened specifically to facilitate it?
>>
>>18900155
what do you mean by the signs OP

I actually have DID. Should I watch this? The trailer was just irritating and cringe-worthy.
>>
Watched this and found it really good. Obviously predictable but still very well played. Don't know anything about signs tho. That could be just you
>>
>>18900155
okay...im unaware of these "signs" besides the fact M also directed the movie signs. I know that is NOT what you are talking about, but i would really like some elaborations or directions what you are refering to.
>>
File: 1426053109857.gif (1MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
1426053109857.gif
1MB, 245x276px
>>18902602
>I actually have DID
No. You don't.
>>
>>18902041
I was a little kid, you can figure out the rest. It wasn't as bad as the things that happened to the DID character in the movie, but trauma is trauma.
>>
>>18900628
Anon you should talk to a therapist about this if you haven't already...

Could also just be a sociopath and were simply pretending to be a person until that moment.

>>18900689
I think M. Night has good ideas, he's just a fucking retard at making a good movie.
>>
>>18902602
>>18902815
I agree with this anon. No you don't. Go back to tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>18901691
>at least 50/50 years ago
what did this retard mean by this? lmao
>>
His acting deserves an award straight up. Never before have I actually been unnerved by a character like I was by that dude. The progression of him becoming more and more unhinged was fucking brilliant and perfectly executed.
>>
Get on YouTube and watch vids of Max Spiers, then go watch split.

Basically, I believe this movie was about ritual child abuse and how victims compartmentalize. The message from this movie, however, is that this grants you "strength" and makes you separate/better than the heard.

This is in direct opposition to what many spiritual traditions say, where the point is to become more aware of and integrate your subconscious.

What's also interesting to me is that the FX show Legion premiered around the time this film came out, which is also about a super powerful person with a split personality.

Tl;dr integration, not fragmentation, is the key to liberation. Don't believe their abuse is liberating.
>>
>>18900155
Requires an special ability to direct movies with interesting premises and make them unbelievable bad anyway
>>
>>18903113
It used to be half and half years ago.
You're the retard that sucks at reading comprehension lmfao.
50/50 is a common way of saying "It's half of this and half of that"

Therefore anon is saying
>X posters used to be half retarded and half not
>This was years ago
>>18903117
I want to see it. It's the first Shamalamadingdong movie I have wanted to see since The Village came out (and was fucking terrible lol).
He's got such a huge ego he doesn't seem to allow input from anyone else during production of his movies, and it's a shame because he has good ideas, but his execution more often than not SUCKS.
The village could've been really cool, it could've had a good reveal that it was present-day all along but the way it was executed was SO fucking laughably bad and boring.

Same with lady in the water. I think the ideas for some of it are cool but the names for everything are fucking stupid, a lot of the story ends up making zero sense because it's all a bullshit bedtime story he wrote his kids (and you really shouldn't take a kid's opinion too seriously especially if it's your own child lol)

But this one is the first time I saw a trailer, saw clips, saw his name on it and didn't instantly think "That looks STUPID.". First time in a long fucking while.

Btw Nostalgia Critic's videos on any shamalama movie are pretty fucking great if anyone's interested. He did a whole month special of his movies.
>>
>>18903104
I haven't been to therapy in years, and it never really helped before. Some things can't be talked away.
>>
>>18903143
Mmm that's not what I was getting at. You're burying something. A therapist or someone can help you uncover it.
>>
>>18903137
>It used to be half and half years ago
lol, are you actually this retarded?
You say 50/50 when something is for example split evenly between two people. It doesnt make sense to use it as an amount of years- it is a ratio. sad that I had to explain this.
>>
>>18903194
Yeah. That's literally what I just fucking explained to you dumbass.
Half and half is 50/50. 50 is half of 100, Two 50s make 100. Hence 50/50 is half and half.

Sad that you can't comprehend this very basic expression AND math.
>>
>>18903163
Yes I'm burying lots of things, yes I understand what those things did to me, I've done my research. But this goes beyond therapy and into medical territory. Anyway, I've talked about my issues here before and there's a course of action I've settled on after extremely long deliberation, but it will take time and money. I have it figured out, I just need to put it into action. I need to stop procrastinating.
>>
>>18903201

You are so obtuse its not even funny anymore. Maybe you will be able to comprehend basic communication in "50/50 years" my little airhead
>>
>>18903348
he was saying it was a 50/50 split between normal people and retards a few years ago, now there are many more idiots
>>
OP here.
>The beast is coming, but the pure hearted will be left untouched
>When you subscribe to certain archetypes, godforms, egregores you gain strength from it
>>
>>18903348
>>18903194
>>18903113
wow, it seems that the meaning of my statement was only misunderstood by you, friend-o.

allow me to break it down for you, since the other anon (>>18903137) valiantly tried and failed.

>years ago, half of the posters on /x/ were retarded while half were not (or, a 50/50 split)
>today, it seems that all /x/ posters are retarded
>>
i got the sign too
to be honest in the middle of the movie i swear to god i saw it i saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, i saw the sign
>>
File: IMG_3950.jpg (79KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3950.jpg
79KB, 300x445px
>>18900155

Signs (which is about demons not aliens), Unbreakable and Split are all a part of the same universe. M Night is on the verge of creating his own Apocalyptic, comic book movie series with the superheroes of earth vs the demons & devils of hell.

Split - about a man possessed by a demon. A telling of the powers possessed by some of the evils that will be faced in the future film.

Signs - the crop circles are the indication that the portal of hell have been opened by the devil. They were able to open the portal because of Mel Gibsons character loosing faith, it was the straw that broke the camels back for the portal to be opened.
The demons you see in the movie are 'lesser demons' send in for initial reconnaissance, before the bigger baddies come through.

Unbreakable - About one of the heroes who will join in the battle to fight off the evil physically, while Mel Gibson & his daughter in signs, will fight them off spiritually.
>>
>>18904664
So Mel Gibson is the savior of the universe? worst storyline ever
>>
>>18904664

The visit - T-bone uses his rap talent to drive off the ennemies of humanity

The village - The blind girls became their leonardo da vinci and with the help of steampunk technology she becomes the new batman. She protect the world to save the integrity of her village

K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>18904735
Spoiler: It is actually Bruce Willis, according to Split.
>>
>>18903137
The village wasn't bad honestly. It's got a good ambiance, clean visuals, a good feel to it.
It's just that the scenario is underwhelming
There isn't really a real conflict. It's will they let her go to town or not ? But at the end you learn that whatever happens one day or another they had to tell the truth to a select few. Beside the girls is blind so it's not even sure she realized something was so off.
It's like all of the scenario stand on the twist and since it's not very good the whole movie fails.

Split was good though, solid thriller. Solid performance by the main actor
The visit was kino too - a good horror/ comedies movie that litteraly has more depth than the village lol
Unbreakable was good too
Last airbender - forget about it
I don't think I saw anything else from him, except sign but I was too young to remember much of the movie
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.