[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Familiar strangers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ghostshell11.jpg (24KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
ghostshell11.jpg
24KB, 650x400px
Has anyone else met someone for the first time, who you do not know or know anything about, yet you feel like you've met them before or have always known them?

Even stranger, did this this person ever feel the same about you?

This happened to me at a job I used to have. Girl started working there and I immediately felt like I knew her from somewhere, but had never heard her name or actually had seen her ever before. We got to become close professional acquaintances and she said that she felt the same way when she saw me (keep in mind I never told her my experience with her at this point). Neither of us knew what to make of it and eventually I ended up quiting that job and have not seen or spoke with her since. Always wierded me out and I have never known what to think of it.

Theories? Thoughts?
>>
>>18868919

Actually I have a mild form of that mental disease where people look a like.

Like people I meet, my brain just visualizes them as the person who I met earlier in my life.

Actually its called Hyperfamiliarity

But I don't address people by their names so its all good.
>>
>>18868919
I've had this happen with people I've considered soulmates. But the relationships always ended badly, so it's pretty much destroyed any faith I have in thinking it's something significant anymore ... at least in a positive sense.
>>
>>18868919
Your soulmate. You let her go. Gotta waitnfor the next reincarnation now.
>>
This happens a lot with me. I just sort of have this deep emotional connection with seemingly random people, it's like I've known them my whole life. I can even guess their character with near perfect accuracy upon meeting them.
>>
File: yWRigl6B.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yWRigl6B.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>18868957
See you on the otherside
>>
I jus saw kimi no na wa and now im in a dream wake up plz
>>
>>18868919
It's called "chemistry" you autistic fuck-stick
>>
>>18868919
I met this lady once and I swear I had met her before.

Then I realised she was on a billboard I used to drive past all the time.
>>
>>18868919
Scent. Your picking up a pheromone you've encountered before. Has a drug like effect that makes you feel comfortable. Your memory is what makes you feel like you know the person.
>>
>>18870397
That or perfume. Maybe a soap. In combination. Memory is crazy.
>>
Yes. I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately.
I have had a similar experience with your coworker, OP.

I recently moved really far away from where I grew up and I have met so many people that I feel like I've met before or look and act a lot like people I used to know.

Not sure if it's just because I moved far away and I may subconsciously miss those people or what, but it's weird.
>>
>>18870635
For me it is different; it isn't that they remind me of someone I know or used to know, it's that they seem incredibly familair despite me never have met them before. Like a family member or best friend just walked in the room after no seeing them for ages. However, I am certain that we've never met and I have never heard their name before meeting them for the first time.

Someone mentioned Soulmates, but to be honest this has happened at least twice before for me as well, however the girl from work was the first to mutually acknowledge it.

My theory is that I knew them very well at some other juncture in my existence, in another life maybe. They would have carried some significants in that life, and maybe fate or some other device brought us together again. I don't think she will be the last person who this happens with either. Next time it does happen I may dive a little deeper into it and look more into this feeling.
>>
>>18868919
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: IMG_2890.png (243KB, 576x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2890.png
243KB, 576x373px
>>18870846
Thank you. Kek.

Humans are incredibly complex. But recognition doesn't mean something spoopy. Or /x/. It's only a mystery because that's what you want, no? Tried to science. Nope.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.