[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CERN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: CERN.jpg (98KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
CERN.jpg
98KB, 600x1066px
can we have a CERN thread? What if they open a portal to another dimension to bring us doom?

Drop info pls
>>
>>18835574
please make use of the catalog, we already have one over here >>18834338
>>
someone ban this guy
>>
>>18835581
>>18835584

thanks for linking, sorry couldnt find it, mercy pls ;(
>>
Look, I want the world to be fantastical too, but stuff like "CERN logo = 666!!!!" ain't really all that convincing. Besides, you can fact-check damn near everything they do there. Read a particle physics book, man.
>>
>the instruments used at CERN are particle accelerators

You mean the LHC. CERN is the organization.

>CERN refers to itself as "gateway to the universe

No it doesn't

>It could be argued that CERN really means Cernunnos

No it can't, that's absurd.

>CERN is located 300 ft below ground

No, parts of the LHC are 300 ft below ground. Again, the LHC is an instrument, CERN is the organization. This is like saying "every year the Superbowl is held in the NFL, which seats over 100,000 people.

>Saint Genis Pouilly/Latin/Apollyon

First off, Apollyon is the Greek name, not Latin, of a Biblical figure. Second, if there were a Roman town named Apolliacum, it would be named after Apollo, Roman God of music, not a Greek biblical figure. Third, it was never called Apollicum, but Polliacum, after some Roman guy named Poullis (Paul), and that name is still reflected in the name St. Genis Pouilly.
>>
Looking to be somewhat of a travesty having me told your people daily bow down call me your majesty

Doom has all ways walked the earth and is the death that is life basically
>>
>>18835574
If you really believe that then you have zero knowledge in physics and math.

I won't deliberate because you won't understand a single word I'm saying.

Just remember one thing:

Black hole =/= Earth being swallowed .

A black hole can disperse in miliseconds after it was created.
>>
>>18835626

It's not even a black hole he's worried about, it's some sort of... I don't know, interdimensional wormhole? Fuck, it's stupid.
>>
>>18835614
u buzzkill ;c
>>
>>18835639
Some chumps actually believe that the center of a black hole, aka the quantum singularity, is a portal to alternate realities. They think you can get vacuumed into wonderland and come out unharmed.
>>
File: 1490698772826.jpg (6KB, 164x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490698772826.jpg
6KB, 164x250px
>>18835667
Century ago
>some chumps actually believe they can fly
>>
>>18835574
Believe everything that's on their website.
>>
>>18835574
why are you guys so upset about cern when china is building an accelerator twice the size of the LHC?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/160191/20160522/chinas-supercollider-higgs-factory-will-be-twice-the-size-of-cerns-large-hadron-collider.htm
>>
>>18835718
You can build a collider the size of colorado and you still can't open a portal/black hole big enough to absord anything. The sheer amount of energy required to ''fuel'' a monster like that is beyond our capabilities. You're gonna need something ultra-dense and unstable, not just free particles crashing into each other at the speed of light.
>>
File: 1387307591793.png (18KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1387307591793.png
18KB, 315x274px
>>18835752
hey, don't dump salt in my nightmare fuel dude.
>>
>>18835574
OP has been playing to much DOOM
>>
>>18835574
>>18835978
Who knows. Doom is probably chilling getting lifted right now
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.