[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: tmp_6430-0102765-1663549336.jpg (130KB, 528x800px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6430-0102765-1663549336.jpg
130KB, 528x800px
Hello /x/philes, out of sheer thirst for knowledge I want to get initiated on the field (I do believe there is something, but have no solid proof yet). I've a physics degree and would like to avoid as much mumbo jumbo as possible.
Is there some kind soul (or not so kind, I dont really care at this point) who could tell me where to start looking, maybe books or ?
>>
Start here >>18781996

and learn to use the catalog so that you can keep from making threads that can be answered by searching the catalog.
>>
>>18787873
This.

That mega has everything an aspiring or advanced magician could want. It's a great starting point - it's chalk full of paths to follow.

If you're a /sci/entist, you might struggle with the sheer fact you're dealing with magic.

Kind sage
>>
>>18787885
Well i had seen the library thread before, been lurking arround for a couple of months.
The thing is, i did go through a couple of books there, but let's say that they required a leap of faith too big for me. Maybe I started by the wrong books. Then again it's impossible to browse through all the books there in a reasonable time.
So I thought that someone else might have been in a similar position before and could give me a little hand, to avoid months of pointless research.
Maybe I wasnt clear with my question.
>>
>>18787944
>they required a leap of faith too big for me

Did you start in the "beginners" folder? There are books there that talk about the fundamentals of magic. If you can't grasp those basic concepts, then perhaps magic is not for you.

Like I stated previously, there are many paths to take/follow. So a lot of it is about feeling it out and seeing what direction(s) you want to take.
>>
>>18788072
Yeah I did, could you recommend a book?
I don't care that much about the path, at least at the beginning, seeing any kind of phenomena seems much more important.
>>
>>18788111
>88
>111

>seeing any kind of phenomena seems much more important
Alright. Okay. Here's your (You). Happy now?
>>
>>18788130
Oh. Good eye there yeah that's curious
>>
File: 90quakeElisaLammashup.jpg (2MB, 1913x2167px) Image search: [Google]
90quakeElisaLammashup.jpg
2MB, 1913x2167px
>>18787861 (OP)
>I've a physics degree and would like to avoid as much mumbo jumbo as possible.
>Is there some kind soul

"Witches" are real - there's no such thing as "magic." Obviously nothing extant can ever be called "supernatural"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKf6BJi-9tU

I'm not sure that dark matter is God - it's just a guess. I just know I have significant evidence that there is a super human entity. I was an atheist for 10 years until the deity reached out to me - and by "reached out" I mean made me a nexus of a mass demonstration of its lethal power.

I've got A's in ODEs, Calc I and II (B in III), & calc-based classical mechanics and electromagnetism.

If you pay close attention to this giant mashup and these videos - it might freak you out. I assure you, it is not deceptive in that I haven't changed dates on any of the screenshots - though I've censored some of the original text.

But, like I said, you have to pay close attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUW6m6SOP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8lhNNk9So
>>
>physics degree
Oh, and you have considered maybe that we may live in a reality akin to the matrix movies?
If such were the case, I'd like to have a few words with you, I might recommend something to look into.
>>
>>18788349
I will take a look at these.

>>18788356
>akin to matrix movies
You mean the part were we live in a simulation or the whole "evil overlord AI".
If it's the former, yeah It's highly probable.
>>
>>18789123
I would recommend avoiding anything >>18788349 recommends.
>>
Fundamentalist/literalist """wizards""" are a cancer.

>>18788349
Take confirmation bias, add access to a whole ocean of information via the internet, and now add willful stupidity. What you get is your bullshit.

https://vimeo.com/129609470

https://vimeo.com/129609470
>>
File: thematrixandpostmodernism.jpg (663KB, 1638x1304px) Image search: [Google]
thematrixandpostmodernism.jpg
663KB, 1638x1304px
>>18788356
The Matrix is a metaphor for modern society. This is why literalism is such a cancer.
>>
File: integral_symbol.jpg (4KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
integral_symbol.jpg
4KB, 220x200px
>>18787861
Souls do not literally exist as commonly imagined, but the concept of one having an essence of who they are remains. When you examine how you understand yourself, you will find that you are a story, a narrative, and so this "soul" is made of language. You understand others in the same way, and many other aspects of your world. Mindfulness meditation is an effort to silence the stories and instead have bare awareness of the present. This is why Eastern philosophies are so big on the self not existing (there is no story of the self when one engages in meditation,) time being a fiction (past and present do not exist during mindfulness) and everything being interconnected. The Western emphasis is on only stories existing or being important.

What magic really is must then have something to do with language, which makes sense seeing as people are said to chant _spells_, recite prayers, or use language in a "magical" manner. When looking at history one finds magical ideas (language structures) that have vastly changed the world in whatever field you consider. As a physics major you know the magical ideas of physics. The truest and most powerful magic is bringing new magical ideas into being, but also preventing them, which is what black magic is. The great language-demon God practices powerful black magic.
>>
>>18789230
Still, assuming that when a civilization reaches a certain level of technological development they become capable of simulating a world, then there might be only one "original" reality and a HUGE number, maybe even an infinity, of simulated ones.
Thus the probability of us beeing in the "original" reality is fairly low.
>>
>>18787861
Bump, also interested. If you do find something please share it
>>
>>18787861
Start by prometheus rising and introduction to magic. It's in begginers folder
>>
>>18790280
>begginer
>Evola
Ok.
>>
>>18789288
Underrated af.
>>
>>18789230
Yeah thank you Plato, now gtfo
>>
File: IMG_6828.jpg (31KB, 541x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6828.jpg
31KB, 541x683px
>>
>>18791432
Story?
>>
>>18789230
I kind of disagree.
See I once experienced the pressence of God, this triggered some kind of gnosis/illumination/samadhi and one of the things I experienced in these moments was an impression that reality was fake.
My pupils turned reptile like too.
I wonder which God was it.
>>
jesus chryst. /x/. the guy just asked a simple question.

here OP.

if you smart - go with crowley.
if you arent - go with bardon.
>>
>>18790280
>>18792104
Thanks mates.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.