[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the ancient cultures obsessed with the pineal gland?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Why were the ancient cultures obsessed with the pineal gland?
>>
They weren't. It's part of an area of function which includes the 3rd ventricle. Look at the 3rd ventricle if you want something other than the usual pineal bullshit. You could even start your own pasta.
>>
File: iqworld.jpg (362KB, 1345x1075px) Image search: [Google]
iqworld.jpg
362KB, 1345x1075px
>>18542265
Because they were all neurosurgeons and knew exactly the functioning areas of the human brain.
>>
File: pineal.png (660KB, 879x305px) Image search: [Google]
pineal.png
660KB, 879x305px
>>18542357
>>
>>18542265
Maybe it's just a fucking eye
>>
>>18542397
It is. It has optical nerves and has been shown to be able to detect light

That is the definition of an eye
>>
>>18542514
From what point does the light register?
Your actual eyes?
>>
File: Cybelelions.jpg (15KB, 385x209px) Image search: [Google]
Cybelelions.jpg
15KB, 385x209px
>>18542391
Maybe pine trees are beneficient?

Maybe the structure was seen in pine trees and in us and understood as an expression of the highest beauty and cannot ever be forgotten or forsaken, as a bove so be low
>>
>>18542523
No. I haven't dug too deep (you can google this shit and know more than I do in 10 minutes) but it acts like a completely different and separate "eye" to our regular eyes

They have also found trace amounts of the psychedelic compound DMT being produced by the pineal gland both during heavy sleep and right before death. You can read all about this in the book "dmt: the spirit molecule"

Of course no one /really/ knows what it does, because it's embedded right in the middle of the brain, so accesing it on a live person is still impossible.
>>
>>18542532
It's not about what it does, it' about how you are not above anything else.
Proof of the divine.
>>
>>18542532

They speculated trace amounts were produced. No proof. Keep extracting swamp grass and smoking the shards LOL fucking hippies.
>>
>>18542564
It is speculated with sleep, but proven with before-death.
>>
>>18542584
Don't even bother saying shit like this if you're not gonna post peer reviewed papers.
>>
>>18542588
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?start=0&q=dmt+pineal+gland&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&as_vis=1

I'm not going to look through these articles to prove my point to a mysterious hooded man on a Taitian hyperbolae forum so you can look it up yourself
>>
>>18542606
I looked it up, none of those papers back up your assertion. Case closed.
>>
>>18542588

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=light+detection+pineal+&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1

For the light detection.

>>18542609
https://www.cottonwoodresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Pineal-DMT.pdf

Dr. Jimo Borjigin research from 2013.
>>
>>18542606
Posted: 20:18:55
>>18542609
Posted: 20:19:35

You sure do read very quickly. Or maybe you haven't read it at all?
>>
>>18542632
>Or maybe you haven't read it at all?

If you've read you own source you'd know i'm right. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>18542648
I am not >>18542606
Nor have I read it. Nor do I care about this entire thread or if its true or not.

I just noticed you where obviously lieing and called you out on that.
>>
>>18542672
Spelling mistakes can happen once in a while.
Reading the articles the other dude posted in less then 1 minute is impossible.

I am just saying.
>>
>>18542669
More disinformed than lying.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6615/277053b3243a03ccf5e77b222dc39ea56d4d.pdf

Pineal Gland of Japanese Quail under
Various Light Schedules.

It's understudied in humans, I have no clue why.
>>
>>18542357
Firstly thanks for the great info.

Secondly, what lead you to know this?
>>
>>18542669
>disinterest in thread
>posts in it
makes sense
>>
>>18542265
>>18542797
>>
probably should spend a few years studying neurology before you start talking about parts of the brain as if its something you understand.
>>
>>18544148
Put money where your mouth is anon.
>>
>>18542669
Kek
>>
The pineal gland helps produce melotonin to put you to sleep at night that's why it has optical nerve conections and can detect light. I believe it also produces some other chemicals or stimulates to production of chemicals(can't remember which) to help stimulate healing the body at night.
>>
>>18542265
Because of the pattern.
The Eyes of Horus (The Eye of Ra and The Eye of Thoth) are patterns; an approach.
>>
>>18542364
>>18542357
/thread
>>
>>18542265
because if you cut someone's brain up, and get the right angle the pineal gland looks like an eye inside your brain.
>>
I theorize that Egyptians were very into cutting up dead bodies and looking at what's inside. Some guy probably cut up the brain and found this ball in the center and immediately thought that it must be important if it is in such a central position.

It's completely logical to make such a claim if you're unsure of human anatomy at the chemical level, as Egyptians likely were. It is so drastically different from the rest of the brain's layout that they likely believed it had to be something of immense importance.

Hell, you can't deny that you'd think the same if you cut up a brain and found a ball in its center. You gotta try to put yourself in the shoes of human beings that did not know shit about anything and believed in magic. When you start to look at ancient civilizations like that, you'll stop deluding yourself into believing that they were so mystical and advanced for their age. They were dumb as fuck but had enough time on their hands to build cool shit because that required bodies and hands
>>
File: i approve of this post.jpg (13KB, 280x289px) Image search: [Google]
i approve of this post.jpg
13KB, 280x289px
>>18547426
most logical thing I've read on /x/ all week
>>
>>18542532
How can it work "completely different and separate to our regular eyes"?
The pineal gland is not a receptor by itself, it does participate in the sleep-wake cycle along with a bunch of other nuclei interacting with the pre-frontal cortex.
Photoreceptors in the retina stimulate the suprachiasmatic nucleus which releases Gamma aminobutyric acid, blocking the entire pathway of the sleep cycle, thus stopping the melatonin secretion of the pineal gland which occurs at night.
It's not a receptor nor does it have "optical nerves", it's only a bunch of somas with pathways coming in and out, just like any other gray-matter part of the brain.
>>
File: Amanita-Muscaria-1024x768.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Amanita-Muscaria-1024x768.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>18542265
it is the key device of your spirituality, sort of transmitter that allows you to be in tune with the spirit world, the reality you were forced to forget (again) at the time of your last reincarnation. Once activated (not just open) you can communicate with the spirit world.
>>18542531
the pine(al) gland sitting at the top of the (s)pine 33 vertebrae. The pine(al) gland is the seat of the soul.
At the bottom of the pine tree, you will find Amanita Muscaria, the iconic mushroom filled with DMT that pagans used to consume during the Winter solstice to celebrate the rebirth of our Sun. (Shiva)

more on this beautiful story (MUST READ) here
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2008/09/santa-claus-magic-mushroom.html
>>
>>18547812
Many lizards and probably our distant ancestors have a little hole in their heads that allows the pineal gland to interact with light directly. I can't remember seeing anything about stimulating the pineal directly in mammals, but I do know studies have found that the skin can respond to light cues and affect the pineal glands without any light getting to the eyes.
>>
>>18542364
IQ don't mean shit.

If I were actually smart I'd be successful.
>>
>>18550242
They had a hole in their brains?
>>
>>18550514
They have a different brain structure. There isn't a load of other brain structures on top of the pineal in lizards and some other animals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_eye
We've retained the pineal gland but either didn't develop the parietal eye (at least in the same way) or didn't retain it (at least in the same form).
>>
>>18550617
>We've retained
implying evolution.
I won't ask you for a proof as I know you have none.
>>
>>18550681
You can think up your own personal explanation for your own personal beliefs, lizards still have pineals.
>>
>>18542523
it is an eye in some reptiles and more lower animals, because it is located externally on the skin and can distinguish only light and dark, it was called third eye and was used for animals to know whether it is night or day, it is located on top of the head in some of them that i have seen. higher animals like ourselves have pineal (gland) inside our heads, but it still kinda retained the function. it releases melatonin which has very similar structure to dmt (but is not psychodelic ofc). melatonin helps us to regulate the wake/sleep cycle and its production is also influenced by daylight changes(similar function). dysfunction of gland caused by systemic lack of bright light or systemic overstimulation with bright light causes abnormal low/high release on melatonin which fucks up the sleep cycle, causes various illneses like depression(if you consoder it an illness), also i think S.A.D. is caused by this.
>>
>>18542265
it is pineal gland because it's named after pine, not because it's associated with it.

the real question is not what it is or does, how do we fucking protect it?

keeping your eyes off from artificial lights(lamps) as much as possible is one thing I know. Because it naturally hurts me.
>>
File: 1481846172188.gif (82KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1481846172188.gif
82KB, 494x332px
there ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T9yIBz7qMA
>>
>>18547426
if egyptians did place so much importance on the pineal gland, then we would have proof of it other than drawings that look more like eyes.
we've got plenty of paintings of them cutting bodies up and if they considered the pineal important we'd definitely have some of them cutting some out of people's heads
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.