[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Their "Arrival"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (67KB, 1178x727px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
67KB, 1178x727px
Anybody seen this? It's about aliens, language and technology. Let's dive right in:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

It's about aliens which are really demons coming to earth and offering either war or compliance, and offering technology as a gift for compliance. A deal is made between a human and a demon, but what is given is taken away painfully. The human must serve the demon in the future.

Pretty fucking cheeky, Hollywood is getting clever with their demonic agenda. Your take?

Be careful. Make no deals with extra-dimensional beings. Accept only Jesus Is Lord, and you can be saved.
>>
>>18531141
Reading that I thought you must be crazy. Started to think you were a troll then you talk about Jesus and realize yep Christfags really are that stupid.
>>
>>18531146
>Movie is filmed like and has many nods to Signs, an alien movie which is really a demon movie
>Language and Technology are terms used heavily in magic and demonology
>A deal is made between a human and an extra-dimensional being, with catastrophic consequences for the human

Prove me wrong, instead of just spouting memewords.
>>
One of the most stupid movies I've ever seen. I downloaded it and watched the whole thing and I demand that the director pay me monies for wasting my goddamn time on that garbage. That trailer was BS and was way better than the stupid shit movie.
>>
>>18531155
it strikes me that you may not have understood the movie at all.
what are these "catastrophic consequences" you speak of?
[spoiler]are you referring to her daughter dying of cancer?[/spoiler]
>>
>>18531201
why the hell didn't the spoiler tags work?
>>
>>18531155
You're spot on friend. They are either deluded or shills. Like crowley said today they are called demons i dont know what they will be called in the future.

They just love their little ayy lmao bs
>>
>>18531201
>>18531206
Because you're a stupid reddit newfag

The child died of cancer very young, the couple break up
>>
>>18531206
they only work on /tg/
>>
yes christ consciousness is something to strive for

this is year 1 and humanity is learning its true history, which is why we these movies are introduced to the masses gradually.

also look up 'daemon'
>>
>>18531320
since the spoiler tags apparently do not work when implemented the way it says in the FAQ and no-one seems willing to explain, ill simply not bother.

the child HAD NOT BEEN BORN YET when the aliens were on earth.
she saw the future, and had the choice to follow the path she saw or to turn aside:
following the path, she would get married, have a child, break up, and then have her daughter die of cancer.
turning aside, she would not marry him and the child would not be born, but she would be free to forge a new road.

she chose to follow the path before her on the grounds that it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
there was never any possibility of that child growing to adulthood.
>>
>>18531342
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(computing)
your computer is full of them.
>>
>>18531363
Where do you prove me wrong?

She made a deal. She signed it with her hand, literally. Then she was given a gift. But it was bittersweet with terrible consequences.

And it's already been explained why the spoilers won't work, but since you literally ARE a reddit newfag, take my word for it: my take on the film is accurate. Yours is uninformed.

>it strikes me that you may not have understood the movie at all.
>>
>>18531370
i do not see what you are talking about regarding consequences.
the formation of the budding romance between the two MCs was not the gift given.
nor was the child the offered gift.
the gift was the language which allowed for an achronal mind.

there was never any possibility of the child not dying of cancer.
the death by cancer of her child did not in any way result from her being able to speak pretty circle language.

it should also be noted that i began typing my response to your previous post before the *actually* helpful contributor stated that it only works on tg.
>>
>>18531444
Why does it take you so long to post then? You need to be an adult to use this site.

>get future-telling "gifts"
>see bad shit
>not able to stop them
>live the bad moment before, during, and after it even happens
>lololol it's a gift

the language is useless. The aliens likely benefit a whole deal more than the humans do from the deal.

It's exactly how mobs operate.
>>
>>18531556
first off, i am severely dyslexic, which makes typing slow.

the point is that and she CHOSE not to avoid the future she saw.
over all, she deemed the end results to me good enough, and decided not to re-role the dice of fate.

by the nature of memory, we all live our bad moments afterward as well as during.
by knowing what bad stuff is coming to you, you have time to make peace with it still is only a distant memory.
if you can not understand how this is useful, your mind is not suited for it.
precognition is not for everyone.
>>
File: Arrival_explained.png (130KB, 476x160px) Image search: [Google]
Arrival_explained.png
130KB, 476x160px
>>18531141
>>
Or maybe the movie is about four dimensional aliens in a three dimensional world
>>
File: 92X4chan.png (81KB, 610x600px) Image search: [Google]
92X4chan.png
81KB, 610x600px
>>18531339
>they only work on /tg/
Spoilers work on >>>/tv/ , wouldn't be surprised if there's another board or two that have them I don't know about.

Definitely not on /x/, wouldn't want info hidden on an occult board :)
>>
>>18531141

It's based on a short story called "Story of Your Life."

Look it up.
>>
>>18532850
I suppose you're right
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (73KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
73KB, 500x336px
>>18531141
ayy lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vkR1G_DUVc
>>
>>18531141
>offer either war or compliance
That's not at all what happened. They warned that either humanity changes its ways or will inevitably face destruction at its own hands. That 'weapon' business was a misunderstanding because the words for 'weapon' and 'tool' were similar to eachother.
>>18531556
Holy shit, were you not paying attention. Seeing time non-linearly is both a gift and a curse unto itself. Although Lois Lane could see that her daughter would inevitably die of cancer, she learned that it's best to live in the now. Even though she and Hawkeye would eventually lose touch, she chose to fall in love with him anyway, because it's feeling in live that we enter realationships for, not because we think it'll last forever. And as a result of learning their language, humanity entered world peace because everyone was able to easier see that their actions had consequences. Even the Chinese general shows uo and tells Lois how grateful he was that she was able to turn him around on the option to wage war on the aliens. Also, for someone who wants to spread Christ's message, you sure are hostile. And how dare you compare Nolan's directing to Shyamalan's.
>>
A plot like that must've been made up by Mormons. Or some Southern Baptists.
>>
>>18531155
you are not worthy to oppose with arguments.
>>
>>18534292
>They warned that either humanity changes its ways or will inevitably face destruction at its own hands.
No, they didn't

>humanity entered world peace
No, they didn't

>she was able to turn him around on the option to wage war on the aliens
Not through any logical or rational means. But by pulling on ultimate heart strings and confusion.

>you sure are hostile
Where?

>Nolan
I bet that wasn't even a joke.

The manner in which humanity will help the "aliens" is not elaborated on at all. At the point the alien says "we help humanity", the camera moves to directly behind the alien, looking down at the girl. This implies the aliens are the side which the deal is made for.

Like a mob deal.
>>
>>18531141
Fuck you man. I opened this tab and downloaded a screener so I could come and discuss the film after watching it.
It's a great film about transcending humanity's limitations and I come here and see you are either a troll or a fucking moron of the very kind that needs to be purged out of this earth.

Like, what the fuck man. Great movie.
>>
>>18531342
There is no way there's people this stupid on 4chan... I mean, how do you even know how to read and write?

You sound like one of those 60 yo redneck dumbasses who say the word "jesus" every three phrases.
>>
>>18531342
True.
>>
>>18532850
>by knowing what bad stuff is coming to you, you have time to make peace with it still is only a distant memory

Holy shit you actually blew my mind right there.
This film is very underrated. Too bad it was marketed as an space pew pew action film and the stupid masses like OP are now all butthurt about it (like, where's the gun that appears in the trailer?).
>>
>>18535209
Oh hahaha
I sure hope you are trolling (it's time to stop, it's getting silly). Otherwise I feel genuinely sorry for you. How do you keep all that hate and bitterness inside and not die? How do you even find the strength to get up in the mornings dude?
>>
>>18535362
>>18535385
Never said it wasn't good, I said the true meaning is about making a deal with demons.

Watch it again, under that perspective. Then come back.

You children lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>18535395
>projecting on maximum: the post

What? You couldn't refute anything, so went full retard?
>>
Its another retarded Christ fag thread
>>
>>18531146
>I think I understand everything about everything.
>>
>>18535425
>Don't help me I want to be in the dark on fire forever screaming and crying for all eternity.
>>
>>18535401
Dude you are a moron.
They came to earth to give them knowlege of a universal langauge that will reprogram their minds to be able to see the future and whatnot (not sure about this part, if its everyone who will be able to see the future or was it just her, because they said peoples brains are programmed differently based on the language they think in).
And they seed they are helping humanity now beause in 3000 years they will need humanity's help. They didnt make them sell their soul to the devil or whatever you thought happened.
And as for the "almost war" part it was just humans being humans. There was never a war threat from the aliens themselves.
>>
>>18535556
They came to Earth to get humanity's help in 3000 years.

That could mean anything to a being that can phase through spacetime, can see the future, and manipulates matter. It could very well mean a deal involving souls. It's undisclosed.

She was the only one who knew the language, and she had to write the book on it. During the release party of the book, she met the Chinese general who said he had no clue how she did what she did, but thanks I guess.

Her partner, the other physicist and the childs father, did not agree with the deal.
>>
>>18531141
How did you get demons from this movie? What gift did they give mankind?

The girl learned the language and began to think in their timeline but they left because earth is dicks and threw a bunch of bombs on board as soon as she made a breakthrough.

Gave no indication of us serving them or anything. They gave each nation a little bit of information to see if they would compile it into what they were giving them.

You're reaching bud.
>>
>>18535628
>you're reaching bud
WELCOME TO FUCKING /x/
>>
File: Mahakala1.jpg (1MB, 800x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Mahakala1.jpg
1MB, 800x1209px
>>18531141
>make no deals with extra-dimensional beings. Accept only Jesus Is Lord

So you mean to tell me that it's PERFECTLY safe to make deals with a Midianite storm god masquerading as a Roman god of light, but that other elemental archons are somehow dangerous?

Explain your reasoning.
What separates your Jesus from these "demons", as you call them?
>>
>>18535658
Make no deals with any extra-dimensional beings, especially those masquerading as gods. God the Father the Creator, makes no deals. He has expectations as a father would. Deals are the works of demons.

Jesus wants to save your soul, from Hell and the trickery of the serpent.

See with your heart.
>>
>>18535589
she did it so that she knew the langauge, saw the future where she is at the book release to which the chinese general came and thanked her what she did on that day she stopped the chinese army from attacking. He said she called him on his private phone (he showed her the number in the vision) and told her what she told him (his wives dying words which he also told her in the vision).

I agree that the physicist had no say in it because she did not tell him what will happen and he had no way of knowing, but i dont see how that matters.

And them saying they will need humanity's help doesnt have to be something bad for humanity. Why would they give them knowlege of the future if they were planning on fucking them over in the end. Wouldnt we just see it coming then? I dont think the aliens in the movie are malicious so comparing them to demons that want to harm humanity doesnt make sense to me.
>>
>>18531141
All barriers are gone. Think freely.
>>
>>18535443
>Hell is real because my book said so
>>
>>18535779
>Consequence isn't real because I don't like it
>>
File: Arrival-Jeremy-Renner.jpg (101KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Arrival-Jeremy-Renner.jpg
101KB, 1000x666px
>>18531141
What's wrong with making decisions based on demons.

I mean I haven't seen it but if Jeremy renner is in it. It must be the right choice.
Everyone should contract your soul out once to a demon.

Do it for companionship if your that scared. Besides demons don't reject you like christ does.
>>
>>18535835
Well funny you say that, because Jeremy is against the deal.

Make no deals with demons, ever.

Christ rejects nobody if you come to him for shelter and repent for your sins.
>>
>>18535666
Rofl Satan trips... Are you sure you are on jesus or God side my nigga... :D
>>
>>18535888
While me on the other side get those neat infinity trips ;)
>>
Friendly reminder that the Abrahamic god is true evil, and that demons are sick and tired of his demonization.
>>
>>18535907
oops, forgot to sage
>>
>>18535888
>>18535904
As I said,
>Jesus wants to save your soul, from Hell and the trickery of the serpent.

Tricks of the serpent scare only the weak of heart and non-believers.

"You on the other side", await an infinity you have no understanding of, or control in.

Let's all pray, ey?
>>
The reign of Yahweh and his savages ends very soon.
>>
>>18535924
Not even singles will save y'all from justice. Y'alls better wake up or the truth is going to hurt that much more.
>>
"Arrival" was a big let down for me. And not to be confused with Charlie Sheen's 96 film, "The Arrival".

It tried to be emotional, dramatic, and grandiose. I called the ending ahead of time where I laughed quietly.
>>
>>18531141
Jesus is extra-dimensional as well.
>>
>>18531146

*tips fedora*
>>
>>18536332
Jesus is God
>>
>Your take?

This is a story about how our differences could prevent us from receiving help that could allow us to transcend our current state of existence. It's a story which urges us to unite and help each other to reach the next step.

I'm sorry, OP, the irony in this is that Jesus said the exact same thing, but even 2000+ years later, the message is lost even to his most fervent of believers who would rather call for mistrust and hostility.
>>
>>18536450

from what I heard on /pol/ this movie had a lot of of globalist propaganda in it.
>>
>>18532873
they work on /u/ as well
>>
>>18536474

Well to be fair, it really didn't present it in any form of agenda propagating light, at least that is my perception, the whole movie was pretty down to earth until the end with ht etime travelling powers.

What's accurate to real life is how people reacted to the arrival of these Aliens. Nobody reacted the same way. Many Nations saw them as enemies, others saw them as benefactors, friends, others saw them as messiahs, Gods, others saw them as great destructors and Apocalypse harbringers.

What this movie captured accurately is the reaction of the world int he face of such beings. When Aliens do, inevitably, land on earth and reveal their presence, there will be chaos akin to what we have seen in this movie. Civil war, theft, murder, but also, unity and cooperation.

Of course, where the movie fails to show an accurate conclusion is when the main character starts perceiving time in the 4th dimension, meaning that she can manipulate it and events surrounding herself, which means that, ultimately, she uses these powers to bring world peace, but who knows if the real Aliens will posses such 4th dimension perception powers? Realistically, what would happen after all of the development is anybody's guess.
>>
>>18535209
OP, you read too far into things. And at no point in the movie did the aliums threaten to wage war with humanity, watch that shit again and get back to us.
>where?
>you need to be an adult to use this site
If not hostile, then a snarky bitch.
>>
PRAISE JESUS HALLELUJAH HE IS THE LORD ALMIGHTY AND [kill your mother] MUST BE PRAISED UPON HIS GOLDEN THRONE IN THIS WORLD AND [fuck your brother] ALL WORLDS IN GODS NAME HALLELUJAH AMEN
>>
Holy fuck, it's just a movie. You need to take your meds you crazy fucking schizo.
>>
>>18536718
You need to learn how to read, also perhaps, grow a pair.
>>
>>18535785
>My cock won't cum inside your boypussy because you don't want to. Spoiler:[spoiler]you will[/spoiler]
>>
>>18536529
And /v/. You guys should branch out a bit
>>
>>18531141
You are so... so stupid.
>>
>>18531214
"They are either deluded or shills. Like crowley said today they are called demons '
My god.. the sheer stupidity. Please take a day off the internet, go for a long walk, and think about how fucked up your stupid brain is.
>>
>>18538263
>Director literally said he wants the aliens to look like the grim reaper and unnerving
>Literally said the ship design is supposed to be menacing
>They give a useless "gift" and demand help in 3000 years for whoknowswhat
>"Nono it's all good innocent fun"

Perhaps it is you, who is so stupid?
>>
>>18531141
DidnĀ“t read the entire thing, read spoilers and stopped, we need more good people like you.
Thanks.
>>
>>18531141
I wanted to watch this movie long ago. Saw this post and went in thinking these aliens were evil. Well played...

There really was no need for spoiler warnings, as you didnt spoil any part of the movie.
>>
>>18531206
Spoilers only work on media (think film, tv, animation, video games, comics, etc) boards. It's not a complicated thing, just ask yourself if the thing discussed by the board could be spoiled and there's your answer.

I assume places like /tg/ and /u/ are extensions since they might indirectly discuss media. /x/ really is for discussing the paranormal and occult at face value, but people assume it's a horror/spooky media board. Even the rules vaguely define it as such, there was even a big back and forth a few years ago on the matter but little conclusion.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.