[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God tier horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 27

File: 1475018403506.jpg (75KB, 1280x883px) Image search: [Google]
1475018403506.jpg
75KB, 1280x883px
What's /x/'s favorite horror flicks? Also anyone got a god tier horror list floating around? Used to have one but lost it, still looking around on google
>>
>>18512478
check out "they are among us"
>>
>>18512501
Will do. Bumping with titles I've seen and liked

>Noroi (The Curse)
>[REC] (just the first 2, 3rd was trash)
>Pontypool
>Kill List
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (66KB, 589x960px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg
66KB, 589x960px
More bumpin' with past flicks. Anyone else got suggestions I'm all ears

>The Descent
>Session 9
>Ereaserhead
>Don't Breathe
>>
Test
>>
>Event Horizon
>It Follows (like the idea, horrible ending though)
>The Conjuring
>Cabin in the Woods (good movie, not really horror but whatever)
>Alien (whole series, though they get progressively worse)
>>
>The Host
>Rigor Mortis
>The Shining
>Videodrome
>>
File: The Enigma of Amigara Fault.jpg (154KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
The Enigma of Amigara Fault.jpg
154KB, 600x646px
>Romero's Living Dead series
>Planet Terror
>Let the Right One In (not technically horror, fantastic nevertheless)
>Dead Alive
>Evil Dead series
>10 Cloverfield Lane
>The Exorcist
>Hellraiser

Well that's all I've got for now. Through some googling I found a flick called "A Tale of Two Sisters" that I haven't seen. Gonna give it a try
>>
>>18512478
prince of darkness
Dagon
>>
Burried
Eraserhead
Drag me to Hell
The Devils Backbone
The House of the Devil
Videodrome
Afflicted
Holy Mountain
A Field in England
Disturbia
The Ring
Starry Eyes
Resolution
Pitch Black
Let me In
Bone Tomahawk
Tale of Tales
Wild Tales
Identity
Banshee Chapter
Absentia
I Saw the Devil
Wrong Turn 2
The Mist
Honey Moon
Dark City
Misery
Sporloos
Frailty
Pi
Sleep Tight
Cronos
Dawn of the Dead
Gozu
Pans Labyrinth
Spring
Thesis
Pontypool
It Follows
Breakdown 1997
The Wailing
You're next
Bug
The Midnight Meat Train
Cure
Pulse
Blue Ruin
The Innkeepers
7 Days
The Reflecting Skin
Southbound
Dead End
The Crazies
The Cabin in the Woods
The Host
Oculus
Close your eyes
Dog Soldiers
Baskin
Triangle
Timecrimes
The Skin i Live in
The Body
The Conjuring
Crimson Peak
Jacob's Ladder
The Conspiracy
Kill List
The Mothman Prophecies
The Invitation
Lights Out
The Exterminating Angel
Altered States
Hard Candy
Train to Busan
Creepy (Japanese)

Awaiting plebeian rage
>>
>>18512614
Thanks man! This is exactly what I'm looking for, sure there must be SOMETHING on this list I haven't seen
>>
The Matrix
>>
>>18512628
My pleasure. I assure you that all of these films are top notch. Have fun.
>>
>>18512478
Not really sure if you'd call it horror, but I thought 10 cloverfield lane was really good.
>>
File: 1474783600817.jpg (272KB, 959x655px) Image search: [Google]
1474783600817.jpg
272KB, 959x655px
>>18512636
I've seen quite a few of them. Saw The Holy Mountain on there and instantly gained respect for you
>>
The Thing
The Descent
It Follows
The Witch
The Pact
At the Devil's Door
Mockingbird
Last House on the Left (2009)
They Look Like People
Creep
As Above, So Below
[REC]
I Spit on Your Gave
In Fear

If you're looking for something recent I watched Ouija: Origin of Evil the other night and it was pretty fucking good.
>>
>>18512546
I'll never understand why so many people don't consider Eraserhead to be a horror movie. It creeped me out more than pretty much any other movie I've seen.
>>
>>18512681
I thought about not including it but horror is a pretty open genre. If we're being honest most things that are classified as horror aren't actually horror, they just have horror elements. Dale and Tucker vs. Evil is a great example. Horror elements but a comedy at heart. The Babadook is another good example. More of a drama or thriller than a horror but enough elements to count.
>>
File: harvest.png (94KB, 294x280px) Image search: [Google]
harvest.png
94KB, 294x280px
>>18512594
>that filename

you guys should watch resolution, kinda the opposite of cabin in the woods when it comes to the meta thing
>>
File: Maniac.jpg (339KB, 800x600px)
Maniac.jpg
339KB, 800x600px
The god tier horror movie I rarely see discussed is the remake of Maniac. It's a film shot primarily in first person from the POV of serial killer Frank Zito, who is sort of an ungodly mixture of Richard Ramirez and Ed Gein.
Highly recommend this film. Elijah Wood's best performance of his career, and a godlike soundtrack.
>>
>>18512563
I mean, the ending made sense at least. That's what a bunch of kids would do in that situation.

SPOILERS:
I mean obviously whoever sleeps with that whole next is gonna sleep with another whore who's gonna sleep with more people and it'll give them time, possibly months, until that guy has to sleep with another hooker. I mean, the first thing I would've done is go to a sex club orgy or swingers party
>>
>>18512716
I'm actually hoping this gets turned into a movie. Uzumaki was okay and the Tommy series was worth watching but I really want to see Ito get a movie made that's worth watching, and The Enigma of Amigara Fault has potential
>>
>>18512734
I didn't mean the ending was unrealistic, it just gave no sense of closure. Who was the original person to be cursed? Why? How? Will the curse end when they die or will it just keep tracking down partners to no end? The film just kinda ended. Felt like they took the easy way out but that's just me
>>
>>18512753

spoilers its a movie about stds and learning to live with them, which is what they did
>>
>>18512757
Like I said, it was realistic, it's just they had such a great concept and they took it nowhere.
>>
>>18512772

Why on earth would you want to know every single detail about the spooky shit going on? Have you ever seen a single horror movie that got better after everything was explained?
>>
>>18512776
This. The movie was better off not trying to explain the curse's origin.
>>
This website is good for essentials. They also have a list of more obscure horror movies
http://theyshootzombies.com/ghf1000/1-100/
>>
Exorcist and Hellraiser are some of my favorite horror movies. Pumpkinhead was also really good but not too many people know about the movie.
>>
>>18512831
Hellraiser 1 and 2 are sick as shit, too bad about those sequels.
>>
>>18512478
>Pontypool

This. This. THISTHISTHISTHIS also read the novel
>>
Lake Mungo is definitely one of the most well balanced horror films I've seen in the last 10 years.
>>
A few horror recs.

>The Blair Witch Project
Found footage OG, one of the few movies to do the format justice; additionally, the only true Lovecraftian movie.

>The Objective
A recent favorite, made by one of tBWP's directors; military horror done perfectly, has a couple of subtle easter eggs for those with a bit of knowledge in Middle eastern folklore and geography

>The Borderlands
Arguably the best horror movie of the last five years or so, it features some of the most unnerving sequences you'll ever see.

>Across the River
Italian slow horror, it's like a Giallo movie with only one character. When everything comes together at the end... Shit, that's scary.

>Noroi: The Curse
Shiraishi's finest movie, best inquisitive horror out there. A variety of styles, worth the length.

>Occult
Shiraishi's take on more "mundane" horror, the final few takes made me cry out of fear and paranoia.

Honorable mentions, can't be bothered to write
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
Hausu
Cult (2015)
The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
Ufriended
We Are Still Here
>>
>>18512753

not every movie has to be tied up with a cute little bow for you you fucking dickhead
>>
>>18512614
Half of these aren't even horror, but good taste.
>>
>>18512668
>the witch
fuck that's bloody awful and boring
>>
>>18514148
Maybe for a low IQ mouth-breather ie you
>>
>>18514148
I loved it.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 640x474px)
image.jpg
119KB, 640x474px
>>
>>18512478
TheMonsterClub
Old 70's British Horror with 3 vignettes. I remember 2 of them and they were pretty fucking good. Christopher Lee is in one of them if I remember correctly.
>>
>>18514148
It's certainly not for everyone, but I really enjoyed it. One of the year's best, imo.
>>
File: 1484169195477.jpg (69KB, 540x323px) Image search: [Google]
1484169195477.jpg
69KB, 540x323px
>>18512614

>No "The Funhouse" Tobe Hooper
>No 1979 "The Devils"
>Missing the first Blair Witch and Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies
>Missing disturbing Italian exploitation movies like Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, and Mondo Cane
>Failing to include The Lords of Salem, The VVitch, and House of 1000 Corpses
>Intentionally omitting the first Wrong Turn
>Overlooking Ju-on
>>
>>18512753
It was better that we didn't learn where the curse came from. It made the threat more mysterious and unknowable. It was a force more so than an entity.
>>
>>18513746
This film was great. Coming from an Australian, they captured that eerie Aussie small-town feel perfectly. Really creepy film.

>>18514084
>The Blair Witch Project
Why do you say this is Lovecraftian? I never got a sense of cosmicism from the film.
>>
A Tale of Two Sisters (the original)
>>
>>18512478
wts is going on in this pic
>>
>>18512614
I just watched Train to Busan yesterday, I recommend it too.
>>
>>18512668
>Creep
>The things you do just to meet George Clooney
>>
I am Not A Serial Killer is my favourite film of 2016, not exactly a horror but it's got that unnerving and uneasy vibe throughout it

The Thing (John carpenters) is probably the best horror movie I've ever seen. Green Room is pretty good too, although not necessarily horror it definitely is unsettling and tense.
>>
>>18516138
>The VVitch
I still can't believe I wasted money to see that.
>>
>>18514570
>determines someone's IQ based on taste in movies
wew lad, looks like you're the bottom mouthbreathing faggot after all, git gud :^]
>>
>>18518372
yup, that was a fucking piece of shit movie that pseudo-intellectual masochists enjoy, but hey to each their own
>>
Under the Shadow was fantastic. It's a super creepy movie about an evil islamic spirit (Djinn).
>>
>>18516719

Yeah, I don't see Blair Witch as Lovecraftian either, nor do I agree that there aren't any other Lovecraftian movies. Even Kubrick's 2001 is more Lovecraftian (ancient races of Earth and the whole beyond the Infinite sequence and something mimicking Victorian furniture).
>>
File: tumblr_ntcbr2fLlP1rvzbdgo2_500.gif (415KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntcbr2fLlP1rvzbdgo2_500.gif
415KB, 500x274px
The VVitch was really good
>>
>>18518372
I thought it would be a slow burn movie. Turns out it was just slow. Liked the bleak setting though.
>>
>>18512739
I think I watched the Uzimaki movie for about 3 minutes before I just turned it off, it looked so shitty I didn't want to associate it with the comics

Maybe I should try watching it now that it's been like 10 years

Also It Follows sucked an STD monster that walks slow is not scary, I don't know why it's always included in lists
>>
>>18516138
>Salo
>exploitation

Oh boy, you are so unsophisticated to think that.
>>
Can someone explain to me the ending of Across the river?
>>
>>18522352
>Also It Follows sucked an STD monster that walks slow is not scary, I don't know why it's always included in lists

It wasn't about the scary monster, you plebeian, it was about the atmosphere of terror, uncertainty and expectation. Precisely because it walks slowly it allows the atmosphere to get progressively more tense. Although the monster did warp into some scary forms, especially the giant.
>>
>>18524141
The first half of It Follows was interesting but after a certain point (to be very precise, the beach scene) it just lost direction and became a borefest.
It could have been a good film, and that only makes it more frustrating.
>>
>>18521749
reason

1. the actress was young and beautifull
2. they showed her cleavage and nudes
3. classic english and way the dialogue put
4. music good
5. period drama and chreography
6. for the rest read its imdb for symbiolism
>>
>>18513738
Pretentious as fuck film. Literally made me angry watching that retarded garbage.
>>
>>18512753
entirely intentional. this isn't actually based on STDs like people think it is. the guy had a recurring nightmare when he was a kid of someone just slowly walking toward him. the movie is supposed to feel dreamlike. no explanation, no closure, no context. just like a dream. that's also why there's nothing in the movie that can really date it.
>>
Triangle
Martyrs (please do yourself a favor and just watch it with English subtitles, that dub was so over the top hilarious jfc)
You're Next (i know it was already rec'd but it was much better than i was expecting going into it)
>>
File: x tv shows.jpg (983KB, 1820x1767px) Image search: [Google]
x tv shows.jpg
983KB, 1820x1767px
>>18512478
For anyone interested in horror anthology like Twilight Zone
>Creepshow 1-2
>Tales from the Darkside
>Trilogy of Terror 1-2
>Vault of Horror
>Black Sabbath
>Trick r' Treat
>Twilight Zone Movie
>Tales from the Crypt Movie (1972)
>Southbound
>Body Bags (Wes Craven, Sam Raimi, AND John Carpenter, fucking brilliant)
>Monster House and Tales of Terror (Vincent Price)
>Night Gallery (haven't seen it yet but its Rod Sterling, its more of a pilot episode)

Almost all of these movies are kinda old but damn they are good
>>
>>18516719
It's not Lovecraftian in a cosmic way, but you could surely apply the "fear of the unknown" idea to it. Characters are going mad from just the proximity of the "Witch" or whatever you want to call it.
>>
File: 1450751225050.jpg (46KB, 456x488px) Image search: [Google]
1450751225050.jpg
46KB, 456x488px
The only part in it follows that i liked was when the girl gangbanged the brodudes on the boat. Was hot af.
>>
>>18513731

Thought that Hellraiser Inferno the one with the dirty cop was actually pretty good since it had some good psychological horror but all the other sequels were pretty meh.
>>
>>18522304
>>18518372
I can't understand you shits calling it slow? Pretty fucking eventful if you ask me

>sick Witch scene just a couple of minutes in
>nice, well-acted puritan drama
>oh shit the son is possessed
>everything goes crazy and suddenly there are old hags and tit ravens
>murdering pretty much everyone
>making a sweet deal with the goat devil, joining a witches coven where naked girls fly on broomsticks in the night

This film was fucking great, anyone who says it's pretentious can go watch Captain America
>>
>>18518422
>pseudo-intellectual

Serious question: Do you keep a list of buzzwords plebs like you use to justify being plebs?

It's just I assume you would forget them if you didn't.
>>
>>18528122
who hurt you anon? please tell me...
:^]
>>
>>18527861
well... it was just lame, good you like it tho
>>
>>18512478

The Wailing was fucking amazing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>18512478
>can he be?
>>
>>18512478
https://youtu.be/5frkgw44IAo
>>
>>18526404

>horror anthology
>no black mirror
>>
>>18530103
gonna watch it, sounds interesting

Hopefully its on Netflix or something easy to watch TV shows on

Also Night Gallery has a lot more episodes than I thought, Lots of good stuff to be seen 2bh Rod Serling doesn't disappoint
>>
>>18512614
>Drag me to Hell
>>
Matango, otherwise known as Attack of the Mushroom People.
Shockwaves.
Shocker.
The Green Slime.
The Trollenberg Terror, also known as The Crawling Eye.
Slither (sort of a comedy horror mix).
Digging up the Marrow (don't listen to what people tell you, it's worth giving a go).
The Village, just because the ending sucks doesn't change the start being a down right decent movie.
Arachnid, most big spider movies tend to lean towards action/comedy, but the nature of the spider in this one firmly puts it in the horror area.
Ticks.
How to Make a Monster (2001).
The Visit.
>>
The Legend of Boggy Creek
Noroi
Lake Mungo
Kansen
>>
>>18512614
>Pitch Black
with Vin Diesel?
Really?
>>
>>18530886
Arachnid? You mean the predator knockoff with the alien spider that even the director is like "yeah, this is shit, don't see it"?
>>
>>18512478
I really got such a cool /x/ high off of VHS 2.

Settle in for some creepy "what the heck did I just watch" moments.

Don't read anything about it, don't watch trailers - if you're looking for something out there, way out there... just dive in. It's a trip
>>
>>18512478
Both versions of Nosferatu, Vampyr, the Vanishing, Les Diaboliques, Freaks and the Friday the 13th series.
>>
>>18527793
I thought she didnt actually did it? Like, she starts swimming toward them but she comes back
>>
>>18530924
Yeah that one, it's pretty good.
>>
>>18531028
Nah dude it's way implied, she get's on the boat and everything.
>>
Correct me if i'm wrong but every scary movie realeased in the past decade has been trash. Seems like it anyway. The only watchable ones have been the first paranormal activity and the 4th kind.
>>
As Above So Below
>>
File: 45623532.jpg (207KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
45623532.jpg
207KB, 1000x562px
>>18512614
>Banshee Chapter
This movie was unsettling as absolute fuck, the only movie that truly scared the piss outta me

If you wanna get scared and feel isolated and vulnerable watch that shit
>>
>>18531631
First movie I nope'd out of for years.

Granted, I'm a huge pussy, but still. Shit was unsettling as hell.
>>
>>18512614
The midnight meat train sucks, the creepypasta it's based on is much better...
>>
>>18531662
>>18531631
About to watch it.

What kind of spooky?
>>
>>18531693
Sit alone in your house with a radio nearby, turn off all the lights, and enjoy

Its good for a real spooking, especially when 90% of modern horror can't even disturb most people
>>
I remember hearing about a movie about some people who were trying to invent teleportation but accidentally tore reality apart or something. I remember it being on an iceberg chart thread, but I can't remember the name of the movie. Any ideas?
>>
>>18531707
Nobody can actually deal with EMF, that's seriously creepy.
>>
>>18512614
>1408
This was my first horror movie, so I always get nostalgic when people bring it up. I always enjoyed how there was a variety of ways it could scare you
>>
>>18531707
Why would I have the radio?
>>
>>18531728
It makes more sense when your watching the movie, not required I guess as long as your all alone in your room and its pitch black besides the movie
>>
>>18531752
Ten minutes into it.

A radio went off when the guy was tripping. Is it because spooky possibility of radio spooks?
>>
>>18531692
Which creepypasta? And wasn't it actually based on a Clive Barker short story?
>>
File: 1472842219778.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px)
1472842219778.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
/X/ what is the name of that horror movie made up of multiple found footage parts? I think there's a scene in it where arms begin to come out of the floor/ceilings/walls and a girls face splits in half.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18512521
Hi fucking five for Noroi.

I enjoyed Rec 2 as well as Rec 1, but I gotta admit the series went completely downhill with 3 and 4.
>>
>>18532646
V/h/s 1
>>
>>18512614
Some nice arty taste here.
>>
Not necessarily scary, but some legit good movies that are horror or horror-adjacent:

Eyes Without a Face
Bride of Frankenstein
The Black Cat (the one with Bela Lugosi AND Boris Karloff - there are two, one just has Lugosi)
Repulsion
Black Christmas
Kwaiden
Under the Skin
Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
Rosemary's Baby
Hausu (House - Japanese movie)
Sante Sangre
The Battery
Barton Fink
>>
File: 39770.jpg (31KB, 414x252px) Image search: [Google]
39770.jpg
31KB, 414x252px
>>18531631
man this movie was stupid as shit, the knockoff hunter s thompson was dumb as hell and they got literally everything about DMT wrong

only spooky part was the straight up half life zombie at the end
>>
File: 1482198441492s.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1482198441492s.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Atticus Institute messed me up
>>
>>18531760
GET OFF 4CHAN & WATCH THE MOVIE
>>
>>18533293
you're a faggot
>>
Only saw one mention of it but Rosemary's Baby terrified the shit out of me. Granted I was younger and less cynical but, damn that build up. Also was based in some true shit. Some of the actors turned into real Anton Lavey satanists and shit. I also think a lot of producers and stage hands died during the making. Could be wrong about that.
>>
>>18521749
underrated
>>
>>18532564
Maybe it's the short story I was on about, I heard it narrated by mrcreepypasta.
>>
>>18514084

Unfriended?
Are you joking?
>>
>>18533305
just finished watching it on your recommendation, it didn't get me at all, americans dont do mockumentary horror very well, it failed to spook unfortunately
>>
>>18512757
It's not though. This is what stupid people believe. Google what the director says about it
>>
>>18532712
not him but I noped out of that once when I was watching it on Netflix like 20 minutes in and i don't even know why. Next time I went to watch it they had taken it down in my region. Is it genuinely spooky or am I just a big baby?
>>
>>18533613
I already watched it.

It had some great horror suspense, but the plot was kind of vague and silly.
>>
>>18534185
It has it's moments, and a kind of charm to the execution of crucial scenes but overall the movie itself wasn't amazing. So I'd put you on as a 6/10 on the bitch scale.
>>
Are there such things as cosmic horror movies? I don't mean straight up adaptations of Lovecraft's work, more inspired by.
Recent watches:
>Leaving D.C
>The Wailing
>Blair Witch 2016, piece of shit. I liked how they made the witch look like the stick figures, though, that was cool.
>Bad Ben
>I Am Not a Serial Killler
>Train to Busan
>Seoul Station
>Gozu
>Be With Me
>Westall "66, a neat little documentary on the mass Westall sighting.
>The Relic, been meaning to watch it for the better part of a decade
>>18531631
Anon, you piece of shit. I forgot how much that part spooked me. That movie's a great little nod to From Beyond.
>>
>>18534390
Oh yeah
>Communion, it was alright.
>>18532753
>Hausu
I didn't get that one. It didn't really scare me all that much. That's the one where a big living shadow chases someone near the end, right?
>>
>>18528808
>grassman
Hey man ur stupid get a life n stop jackin it fag
>>
>>18534390
>The Thing (JC)
>Alien
>Predator (as a kid)
>The Descent
>The Ring
>Jacob's Ladder

Non movies

>Silent Hill 1 & 2
>Resident Evil 2
>Dead Space 1& 2
Batman Vs Predator (comic)
>>
File: gamecamera.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gamecamera.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
What are some of the more unique or "niche" horror films /x/ would recommend? Something along the lines of eraserhead, taxidermia, Jacobs ladder, necromentia, irreversible, etc?
>>
>>18534619
>eraserhead
Is that meant to be a horror movie? Del Toro is like artsy horror, but different kind of artsy, also less horrific.

I'm also going to throw out Troma and Hammer and similar shit, love it.

>>18534390
You might like Tarkovsky's films. Also Event Horizon, some people don't like it though.
>>
Forgot about this gem:
>Across the River, bretty gud, genuinely creepy at times
Anyone seen this one?
>>
>>18512478
perfume
>>
>>18534619
Begotten, a weird art film from the early 90s. its on youtube btw
>>
>>18512614
The Crazies was one of my first horror movies (The remake) and I fucking loved it so much. It had me sleeping with the lights on for a week. Something about its concept and the way it was written and played just hit every chord to me, though the first half before the soldiers arrived I liked more than the second bit. Something about the idea that the people around you, people you know and trust, could just become horrible monsters, not even of their own accord, just you know, snapping, is insane.
I love the delivery of the infected, I love the different crazies, I love the feeling, its just surreal.
I think my favorite part is where the second guy to be infected killed his wife and son. Just, the way he lit his house on fire, then sat down and whistled... god that was horrifying.
Such a great movie.
>>
File: 1389249008223.jpg (313KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
1389249008223.jpg
313KB, 496x700px
Are there any good Lovecraftian flicks?
>>
>>18539888
There's certainly some good Lovecraft inspired flicks where the scary thing isn't seen and the fear of the unknown is what drives the fear (Blair Witch), but not so much for direct adaptations. Cosmic horror is hard to do in films. Maybe Cloverfield but that's not so much a horror film.
>>
Anyone here see Funny Games. I guess it's considered thriller more than horror but it made me feel so uneasy
>>
>>18539888
In The Mouth of Madness.
>>
File: in-the-mouth-of-madness-original.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
in-the-mouth-of-madness-original.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>18540024
My favorite color is blue
>>
File: 7cb3d7bfdb17.jpg (45KB, 704x384px)
7cb3d7bfdb17.jpg
45KB, 704x384px
>>18539888
Check'd. Also not all of these are accurate to the source material, but they're still fun and contain Lovecraftian elements:

HP Lovecraft's Necronomicon
Dagon
Re:Animator
The Call of Cthulhu
The Whisperer in Darkness
Castle Freak
Marebito
The Last Wave
In the Mouth of Madness
>>
There's a site called shudder. It's like netflix but specifically for horror movies. It's 5 dollars a month. It's kind of new, so they don't have a lot of A list stuff ye tbut thay have some gems like the hills have eyes and lots of rob zombie films
>>
>>18540207
>when fags actually pay for their entertainment
I'm poor af and don't have time for no monthy bull.
Hop on Putlocker, they have literally everything for free.
>>
>>18540446
truest shit ive heard
>>
File: 1381965946137.gif (913KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1381965946137.gif
913KB, 500x375px
>Putlocker
I'd like it more if everything wasn't absolute shit 360p quality resolution.

123 movies does it better at least
>>
>>18540940
for >>18540446
>>
>>18540446
>>18540940
>putlocker
I hardly ever find older or more obscure movies on it

My go-to is Solarmovies, its got TV shows as well and the quality is usually really good

Never seen 123movies before
>>
>>18512614
Just watched Lights Out. Don't bother. Cliche Hollywood bullshit. I found the new Blair Witch to be suprisingly good though.
>>
Just finished Sadako vs. Kayako
Wasn't super good or anything but idk i really liked it
>>
>>18540940
You can usually change Res, and even if you can't I don't care, I get the entertainment, whatever.
>>
>>18512521
>Noroi
>Pontypool

Good fucking taste anon.
>>
>>18512594
That cat looks so comfy
>>
>>18512614
need a stream for

creepy (japanese movie)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4900708/

please!!!
>>
VHS
all of them, prove me wrong
>Protip: You cant
>>
>>18512594
I wanted to watch a tale of two sisters for fucking ages, got it on DVD, had my two best friends over to watch it with me, movie starts then friend instantly says "hey isn't this the movie where..." Bitch told me the fucking end of the movie at the opening of the movie. Turned off in a rage, still haven't seen it
>>
>>18540955
>>18540940
123movies is top tier.
>>
>>18512594
f i l e n a m e
>>
>>18542306
Wow, your friends an autistic piece of trash.
>>
>>18512739
>Uzumaki was okay

Yeah, it was barely watchable. Too bad too because the manga was sooooo good.
>>
>>18512478
THE FUCK THERE'S A BOARD FOR FILMS USE IT
>>>/tv/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18542296
VHS 1/2 was legitimately interesting, especially the alien one and the cult documentary

Viral was ultra-meme tier, the skateboarding was so fucking funny though, they are all worth watching honestly though

>>18540160
>Necronomicon
Tried watching this, just couldn't get hooked but I think I somehow watched the wrong movie with a similar name
>>
>>18512579
Not gonna lie, I fucking loved Rigor Mortis.
>>
>Jeepers Creepers

I always felt it was an underrated movie, almost everyone i know has never heard of it and its honestly one of my top 3s
>>
>>18542635
Ive seen both of em.My mom fucking loved those movies so when ever they were on we watched em.
>>
Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorites. Though I'm biased since it was the first horror movie I ever saw
>>
>>18539276
you think that one's fucked up? watch the original, it's a doozy.
>>
>>18526117
>pontypool
>pretentious

you can't have both, anon.
>>
>>18514084
>unfriended
I'm sorry, you what?

fuck you captcha that wasn't a street sign.
>>
>>18530310
not him but black mirror is fantastic and terrifying. most of it would be better classified as terror or psychological terror and it really, really has impact. if you have any issues with anxiety or panic you need to accept that it will, not in the tmblr parlance, trigger you fucking hard.
>>
>>18512614
>Pulse
>The Conjuring
>Lights Out
Fucking kek
>>
>>18512722
honestly can't think of elijah as anything but a fucking loon no matter what since i saw that
>>
>>18512546

Don't breathe was so good. In no way paranormal, but easily the most frightening movie of 2016 imo
>>
File: images.jpg (20KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 300x450px
>>18512478

I really enjoyed this one and it reminded me a lot of /x/. It pretty much pans out like a sleep paralysis thread in documentary format. It's pretty low budget looking, but they've got some pretty creative special effects. Highly recommended.
>>
>>18512579

Videodrome is really bizarre. The Brood is another one by the same director I believe. Pretty slow at first, but the ending is really huh wow.
>>
>>18512614

Can't have Holy Mountain without El Topo. Both of those movies are more consciousness expanding spirit quests than God tier horror though.
>>
File: 220px-Streettrash.jpg (26KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Streettrash.jpg
26KB, 220x325px
Okay has anyone else seen this? Probably the most retardedly offensive movie I've ever seen. You see about a dozen people butt naked in the first ten minutes. There's a gang rape scene. Somebody gets castrated and a bunch hobos play keep away with his dick for an entire scene. And that's all just the tip of the iceberg. It's like the people that made it started by asking, "what's the most disgusting movie we can make?". Its just non stop silliness and you all need to watch it.
>>
>>18513731
I liked the one where the guy had the pole in his room that kept eating women, I also liked the one with the witch cult. but yeah, 1 and 2 are definitely the only "good" ones.
>>
>>18512668
>They Look Like People
Just watched cuz of this thread, fucking great suspense had me shitting myself
>>
>>18527774
This
>>
>>18512478
Marebito is pretty great.
>>
Does anyone know of any god-tier horror movies that involve radios

I watched Pontypool and it was fuckin awesome, even if I didn't understand most of it until towards the end

Anything like that? or I guess "comfy" horror movies involving people shacking up to get away from zombie like people
>>
>>18542635
Lol what. Everyone know jeepers creepers, dont they?
>>
>>18512478
Is that Yog-Shathoth?
>>
>>18544083
Just watched cuz of this post and it was pretty fucking decent. Best horror I've seen in a good while.
>>
>>18544083

Me too. (._.')
>>
Insidious
Don't Breathe
Eraserhead
The Witch
Cloverfield
Evil Dead (Collection)
The Conjuring (1&2)
The Shining
It Follows
The Babadook
Cabin in the woods
Let Me in
Jug Face
The Exorcist
The Conspiracy
Silence Of The Lambs
Hellraiser
The Borderlands/Final Prayer
Event Horizon
The Taking Of Deborah Logan
Banshee Chapter
Noroi - The Curse
They Look Like People
The Call Of Cthulhu
*The Thing
*You're Next
Lake Mungo
*Drag Me To Hell
*Alien (series)
*Predator
*AVP
*In The Mouth Of Madness
*The Wailing
*The Eyes Of My Mother
*A Field in England
Cthulhu
*The Neon Demon
*Creep
*Reanimator
*V/H/S 2
*Oculus
*The House At The End Of Time
*Coherence
*Psycho
*Let The Right One In
*Rosemary's Baby
*The Omen
*The Void
*Hush
*The Mothman Prophesies
*The Autopsy of Jane Doe
>>
>>18513746
Lake mungo is one of the few films in recent memory to really really scare me
>>
>>18527774
I think there's a better word to describe it
>>
>>18544984
I hear Hive Mind is good.

Never been able to find it myself.
>>
>>18543481
This
I've never experienced paralysis but I've had night terrors for as long as I can remember. This legit made me afraid to go to sleep
>>
File: 1484696272905.jpg (63KB, 387x604px) Image search: [Google]
1484696272905.jpg
63KB, 387x604px
Just watched Lake Mungo, got the biggest shivers I've had in a while when I saw her in the window and the other pictures at the very end.
>>
I always liked The Orphanage. it's a subtitled movie but it's done well.
>>
>>18531063
oh OK.
>>
>>18540958
the last 15 minutes or so of that movie creeped me out. the rest was OK, trippy at best.
>>
>>18543481
>watch this
>remember the sleep paralysis I had as a teen
>saw a black cat on the end of my bed

I'm almost positive it was the ghost of one of our cats

there wasn't anything menacing about, it was just calming like how when my old cat used to sleep at the end of my bed when I was really young
>>
Have you seen Kwaidan? I would recommend that, its J horror snd then there is Slit Mouth Woman (semi cheesy) there's also I saw the devil which is more like psych horror K-horror
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.