[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams as projected awareness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 22

File: be_still_by_ricochet188-d7jws90.jpg (259KB, 1024x1395px) Image search: [Google]
be_still_by_ricochet188-d7jws90.jpg
259KB, 1024x1395px
What if every one dreamed nightly of a different space in time, and the collective dreams of all humans are
what accounts for a different reality which we only we see snippets of nightly.

What if we could get every human to write down there dreams and see if we can find any connections between them?
A program to chronologically organize them together, a neural network smart enough might be able to find an
alternate history, even if its just fantasy or nonsense.. it could be another google deep dream.
>>
>>18493528
Actually interesting unlike tulpa n succubus shit. Why no one here
>>
>>18493528
There is a "David Bowie Dream" thread floating around
>>18491844
Got pretty startled when I posted mine that happened in the summer, only to see the anon above me post almost the exact same dream. Even the parts that were hazy to me, in his account matched. It was pretty uncanny.
>So heavy bump for interest.
>>
>>18493528
You are fairly close to a truth here OP
Dreams happen in the spirit world, all human thought exists in the spirit world for humans are bi-planar beings and exist in-spirit as well as in-body.
however no one can catalog infinity.
>>
>>18493528
dude you are a fucking genuis
>>
File: we are all going to die.jpg (23KB, 499x522px) Image search: [Google]
we are all going to die.jpg
23KB, 499x522px
I've dreamed of worlds invested in demons, running away with a party of party, of being ripped apart and falling early.

Dreamed of tsunami's on mar's, giant towers falling. I saw the remnants of the war, the planets massive canyons filled with corpses, an attack of plant-wide-scale. I saw the scavengers. I was one of them.

I was who ate the corpses of his the war.
who ate his family when food got scarce.
Who ate his fathers, and his sons.

Cycles of murder and rebirth, stuff out of nightmares.

pls dont be real
>>
>>18493561
>scavengers
wut?
>>
>"I have frequently wondered if the majority of mankind ever pause to reflect upon the occasionally titanic significance of dreams, and of the obscure world to which they belong. Whilst the greater number of our nocturnal visions are perhaps no more than faint and fantastic reflections of our waking experiences—Freud to the contrary with his puerile symbolism—there are still a certain remainder whose immundane and ethereal character permits of no ordinary interpretation, and whose vaguely exciting and disquieting effect suggests possible minute glimpses into a sphere of mental existence no less important than physical life, yet separated from that life by an all but impassable barrier. From my experience I cannot doubt but that man, when lost to terrestrial consciousness, is indeed sojourning in another and uncorporeal life of far different nature from the life we know; and of which only the slightest and most indistinct memories linger after waking. From those blurred and fragmentary memories we may infer much, yet prove little. We may guess that in dreams life, matter, and vitality, as the earth knows such things, are not necessarily constant; and that time and space do not exist as our waking selves comprehend them. Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon."
>>
File: 1 - bLHg8tO.jpg (351KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
1 - bLHg8tO.jpg
351KB, 880x660px
>>18493564
The ones who survived the attack. Evolution takes place anyplace it can find a niche. Can you imagine what a human-like species could devolve too in a world covered in meat?
>>
>>18493573
That's a fucked up concept anon.
>>
I dreamed I was a clown who accidentally drove a truck off a cliff, and then I became lucid and nearly shit myself because I couldn't take control and ended up plummeting to my death.
>>
Bumping because this is interesting
>>
Since existence happens on such a large scale, the trick is to find major events with extremely lot population density.

Dreams of people in concerts, halls or highly dense areas could be used to pinpoint points in time to work off off. Dreams relating to Wars, migrations, where its more likely for people to have experienced the same dream.
>>
File: shiva.jpg (238KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
238KB, 833x1000px
>>18493581
thank you i tried.
thinking about writing a book, while i admit some of it was inspired by 8g mushroom trip - its interesting as fuck. Im willing to admit its bullshit just as quick as anyone else, but its what came to my unconcious mind
>>
>>18493609
Please write the book, I would absolutely read it.
>>
>>18493573
what attack?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>18493528
Interesting you posted this today, because I just listened to a Joe rogan podcast with Kevin rose today. he talked about a online shared database where people record their dreams, and there's a lot of very similar dreams being had by people at the same time. Like a collective trip to an alternate reality.
>>
File: 7646473b.jpg (30KB, 304x257px) Image search: [Google]
7646473b.jpg
30KB, 304x257px
What if our dreams were just a solipsis simulated reality created by chemical reactions.
>>
>>18493622
Planet wide. An invasion, I don't know where from.
The point was to do it quietly at first, without anyone knowing.

They tricked us into thinking it was nature at first. Valles Marineris, the result of an earthquake I'm not qualified to rate. I remember seeing the waves, rising above building taller then the ones in dubai.

Details are vague, in most of my life's regarding them I was killed without even knowing they existed.
>>
File: FEuPD4T.jpg (809KB, 3000x2126px) Image search: [Google]
FEuPD4T.jpg
809KB, 3000x2126px
>>18493635
Source? Interested to read and compare. Getting a timeline together would be an interesting little experiment
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x250px
>>18493561
I wonder if dreams like these are memories of long ago reincarnations. As I've been reading, many believe we can reincarnate from aliens and from distant worlds. Fuck Now I'm going to be existentially depressed
>>
>>18493654
It was only discussed for a minute or two towards the end of the Joe rogan podcast with Kevin rose. I'll have to look up any databases of dreams
>>
>>18493665
Why? Embrace it. You are the universe experiencing itself.

You are god, start acting like it. You've died countless million times and yet you forget, and never even attempt to remember
>>
>>18493609
>Do it!
And fuck man I've had some pretty intense shroom trips but nothing like that.
One time I was at a festival and got trapped behind a fence when Amon Tobin was playing. My mind got throw into a loop and for some reason I kept staring at the ferris wheel and repeated "lucky number 7" until I tried to hop the fence and was brought down by hell's angels. Blacked out and woke up tied down to a cot with linen around my arms and legs. Talked my way out of it and used weed as an excuse to not get my wristband cut off.
>Still have dreams about that experience, I think it somehow fucked with my timeline or something since I accepted death at the time.
>>
>>18493638
>What if waking life was too?
>>
File: RbcyRTe.jpg (276KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
RbcyRTe.jpg
276KB, 1001x1001px
>>18493681
Oh man that's not even my mushroom trip, just the aftermath and dreams after.

I have several pages on the experience, but essentially i experienced the beginning of time. I saw nothing but black. then a little point, a line and a jump like a soundwave - "the big blurp"

Hypothetically, we created this universe within a smaller container, just as we do with simulated ones. I never got to see the outside, and I only briefly felt its creator. and for the same reason we make our own simulated universes, so did he. "Because it's fun."
>>
>>18493714
Interesting.
I wouldn't chalk all that up into a fantasy. As far as I can tell, most of us here hold a similar belief in how reality is constructed. I for one don't particularly specialize in limited topics as most do here, kind of read around all over the place. So, I'm probably going to get schooled on my understanding as of now, but I do beleive in the concept of the Demiurge and also that of chaos. Chaos particularly I feel is an amazing force, yet I can't prove it really exists. My fall back is that it's what did in King Solomon and jaded him to maintaining his kingdom, an endless up hill battle if you will.
One thing that I am fairly certain on is that this life is like a story, with nuances happening all the time to remind you that it's simply that. I don't know, maybe I'm nuts and grasping at straws or maybe I do have a knack for synchronisty. Either way, this is reality is just a simple projection of the real mechanicisms at work.
>>
>>18493749
We created everything around us. We domesticated chaos for pleasure, dogs, lions and fucking bears. The world follows its nature, humans.. we alter it. What other being has the power to create absolute, other then the combined power of the human race?

The things we've accomplished as the human race, we already have the power of the gods we once talked about.

We're becoming what we once worshiped.
>>
>>18493794
And it will all loop back in soon enough.
>>
File: 1466820182510.png (3MB, 1024x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1466820182510.png
3MB, 1024x1088px
OP ive been browsing /x/ for years, sadly this is the only thread ive found that I even bother to put effort to reply to
you're onto something , there has got to be a reason behind dreams and why we dream, we're floating in space on a rock, life's such a trip
>>
File: 75ca0a87ac879ce7523b7ae6ed422ab2.jpg (677KB, 1200x887px) Image search: [Google]
75ca0a87ac879ce7523b7ae6ed422ab2.jpg
677KB, 1200x887px
>>18493961
The nature of reality is simple, history is what is complicated. It never ends though, with enough time we'll all figure this out.

Where do you all hang out online? I'm not sure where to continue with all this after this thread dies. Least we forget and continue the cycle
>>
Good thread OP. I wonder about this too.
I have dreams that are different, but in the same dream locations often.
Like I will revisit the same otherworldly place in my dreams numerous times.
I could even draw a few of them.
I don't know if it's my mind that likes to make up locations and re use them but I've never been to them in my waking life.
I'm not sure how I came up with them at all but they seem completely real and it's odd because I will have different people and situations in the dreams but the same locations.
It freaks me out cuz I think about it and I wonder if it's some other form of my being living simultaneously in another realm and I get to see some of it when I'm asleep.
>>
File: 43Ip0Ww.jpg (533KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
43Ip0Ww.jpg
533KB, 1920x1200px
>>18494083
Do you have any pictures of your dreams? I've always wanted to draw some of my own dream scenes, though my lack of skill in art is hindering me.

It'd be interesting to see and maybe even try and relate, with enough information and there could be a similarity, something that could connect us all.
>>
I dont know much about the whole dream theory but I have experienced strange things. Not satanic or heavenly visions or anything like that. However very rarely I get a dream thats vivid and in color.

Its hard to explain but its basically an event thats yet to happen but once it happens when Im awake I experience de ja vu like Ive already done this.

The time range is varied from when I have the dream and when the event happens. Anywhere from 2 days or 4 years from the intial dream.

An example I can think of is dreaming of a beautiful girl's face laying next to me. Smiles at me and then I wake up. 2 years later I lay next to an ex of mine of 2 years when we first started dating.

Im sure it was the exact same face as the one I can remember from the dream had asian features and had dark skin. My ex was Vietnamese and I felt the same emotion during the dream and in the event.

Sounds stupid I know but it does happen.
>>
>>18494168
Happens to me all the time actually.
Every single job I've worked at, I've had deja vus constantly when I first get there. Every girl I have dated or place I have moved to, the same.
>>
File: 4 - 1ZpJ8Oz.jpg (365KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4 - 1ZpJ8Oz.jpg
365KB, 1024x768px
>>18494168
Whats happening leading up to the"event?"
Intense feelings, both good and dark, of love and horror are the ones most likely to be passed in death.

It's the events that most powerful that etch them-self into your being. Could be a memory you dragged though your previous death.

De ja vu is subjective, and hard to prove to be anything more then a weird feeling if you don't write down the prediction before it's made. However, totally possible you could have remembered her face from a dream.

Perhaps, that could have even been herself in a past life.

In reality, there's too many variables for our human minds to comprehend, without the use of a supercomputer to crunch the numbers
>>
File: J5hEFgG.jpg (338KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
J5hEFgG.jpg
338KB, 1000x1000px
>>
This thread reminds me of my dreams and them being precursors to future events.

I specifically remember odd dreams that seem too real to be actual dreams, and when an event happens that is connected with a dream i immediately know that I had a dream of the same event that just happened.

Let me give you an example

>Be me, about 10-11
>It's bedtime, drift immediately to sleep
>have a dream about camping at a canyon-like, desert place, very similiar to Zion National Park with my family, noticing almost immediately that my siblings sound a bit older
>wake up the next morning paying no mind to this
>Timeskip to the summer of 2016
>Parents announce that there is going to be a family trip to Zion and other national parks in the four corner region
>Arrive there after a long-ass drive, immediately notice and remember the same events happening in the same exact order as my dream from years back
>Stand in confusion for a bit
>Continues with life

really odd feeling when it happens, like an intense feeling of deja vu, confusion, and more aware at the same time. Very strange experiences but otherwise not to impact on my existence
>>
Time is subjective. Dreams are glimpses either of our own mind or into the Astral scope of creation's vast scope itself.
>>
File: 8MqXtAz.jpg (650KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
8MqXtAz.jpg
650KB, 1000x1333px
>>18494449
So you have some latent power. You looked into the future by accident.

If you want to delve deeper, you just have to focus on something you want to see. Its not unlike asteral projection in a sense, you just have to focus your awareness on a point outside of your own.

The moment you can do that on purpose, and direct it - you will see the truth.
>>
File: gLeEN4z.jpg (53KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gLeEN4z.jpg
53KB, 900x1200px
>>18494468
Indeed it is. Dreams can be a look inside of our own created reality, or if one if exploratory enough - it can be an adventure into someone else's or a greater, collective existence
>>
File: 1471539185617.jpg (14KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471539185617.jpg
14KB, 245x246px
>>18494470
Alright, I'll attempt to do that tonight once i go off to sleep, and probably try multiple times.

I'll make a thread on it at one point, so if you see that you know it's me.
>>
File: LVjzwsy.jpg (268KB, 990x990px) Image search: [Google]
LVjzwsy.jpg
268KB, 990x990px
>>18494496
What is it that you want to see? Asking so I can follow through, and also just curious. The universe is a vast, unknown place with lots of starting points. if you want to travel to distant stars, mars or some where more relatable - there are some slight variations in methods you could use.

The only reason for doing something along these lines is knowledge, expecting to win the lottery isn't reasonable, but to look inside a distant location in place or time is more within reach.
>>
>>18494525
I have no interest in winning a lottery or any form of fortune, all i really want to go after is knowledge.

As to where i want to go, i assume i would want to go somewhere that would be rather familiar to me for a start. I will attempt to travel to Seattle and if it brings in results, i will attempt again with a place outside of our Earth but still relatively close.
>>
What if I'm just the dream of my upper self, and vice versa. When one dreams, the other lives.
>>
>>18494564
That's a good start. The key is to continue to think about Seattle throughout the day, keep consciously bringing it's awareness to the front of your mind. If you can imagine yourself there, inside one of its iconic landmarks and really convince yourself that you are "There," you will travel.

The trick is to stay in the moment, keeping body as still as possible and that destination at the forefront of your minds eye. If you fall asleep during, your on the right track.
>>
>>18494589
And we are their collaborative dreams
>>
>>18494596
Thank you, I will keep this in mind as my day goes on, and before i go to bed. As i said before, i will make a thread on the results unless this thread remains active and around after i wake up
>>
File: PnEMSM6.jpg (333KB, 2651x2632px) Image search: [Google]
PnEMSM6.jpg
333KB, 2651x2632px
>>18494589
>>18494600

Considering one can dream of many fantastic places, assuming we can only split the soul or entity of our being into two parts is kind of limiting.

All these various realities run simultaneously with each other, and our true being is split among them.

We only see a small fraction of what's going on. But I believe there are many reality's running in sequence with us, regardless of our awareness or even death.

When time is relevant, the other side doesn't have to line up to our sleep cycle.
>>
>>18493561
Kickass lyrics for a doom metal song.
>>
>>18494671
he figured it out. OP is just a really big metal fan
>>
>>18494113
No not yet but now I'm inspired to draw some.
>>
>>18494875
I'd love to see. Hell, might even inspire me to take a shot at it myself. Hopefully this thread is around tomorrow, you've all done a lot in helping me remember some details.
>>
>>18494890
I hope the best for you, your dreams are very interesting, and could be of value at some point or another.
>>
I have really intense vivid dreams. They feel so real. Sometimes I think that I'm reliving other people's events or things that have happened in other dimensions. I dream that I'm other people and in the dream I truly believe I'm that person.
For example, I'm a 28 year old white woman but I had a dream I was a black man of about 35 and I was having my fingers cut off one by one by a man with gardening shears and in the dream I was worried about my girlfriend and friend.
>>
took one of those hypnosis for hands free orgasm a few years back and I wont do that shit again, I believe i clicked on a prank/scam one and basically this is how it went

>qt girl voice telling me to relax and fall into deep sleep
>keeps repeating the word 'pleasure'
>tells me to focus on her voice
>voice was really sexy I would admit
>keeps telling me to breathe in and out slowly
>just focus on her voice
>tells me to imagine a 'pleasure ball' around my crotch
>says that every time she snaps this pleasure ball release a pulse of full pleasure that would ripple across my body
>my dick tho
>whole 20 mins of this
>notice her voice's pitch starts to lower
>says to focus on the 'pleasure ball'
>starts to hear muffled crying
>wtf
>realize I cant move my limbs except my eyelids
>voice tells to focus on the pleasure ball
>cant remove headphones since I cant move my arms
>open eyes
>see an 8-foot tall woman in a white dress with crazy hair crying in her hands where the pleasure ball is supposed to be (basically at the foot of the bed)
>cant move shit and slowly unable to breathe
>I can feel my heart beat rushing
>still hearing muffled cries
>still seeing that tall figure contorted by the ceiling
>the crying and the sobbing stops
>can see her body language about to look at me
>i think i pass out and wake up 2 hours later covered in sweat

It was probably a scam click bait to scam people into having sleep paralysis or I did something wrong and I fucked it, I can still probably find the video
>>
>>18495348
Can you please get me the video?
>>
>>18495374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=529az7QwvYg
>>
>>18495387
i'll try later, will post results
>>
>>18493794
>domesticated
>chaos

Pick one idiot
>>
>>18495414
good luck my friend
>>
>>18495430
I've already lost my fucking sides reading the comments

"I thought I was about to cum but now I can't stop farting"
>>
So, the place with teleporters and the prison fence, where I melt babies cubes, to put into robots, is real? Same with the ice cave where people fry minature pancakes?
>>
>>18495472
Babies into cubes*
>>
>>18495476
Don't hurt the babies
>>
>>18495498
But I had to.
>>
guys, help. all my dreams repeat themselves at some point. if any of you are interested i could greentext some of them
>>
>>18493673
I can see newfag all over
>>
>>18493937
What the fuck. Is this a Mason board?
>>
File: inti.jpg (29KB, 319x405px) Image search: [Google]
inti.jpg
29KB, 319x405px
>>18495567
Not while I'm here.

>I'm onto you.
>>
Would be cool. Sometimes I have memories in my dreams of other dreams like the information is coming from reality. Last night had a made up memory. Boxed some guy in the pool who was 19-0 boxing and I was 19-1; only lost to a guy on steroids. Knocked this guy out first round and couldn't believe it, thought he would destroy me. Weird having that memory about some guy beating me and I don't even think that was from another dream; weird shit; made up memories.
>>
>>18493528
i've noticed dreams have a delay time of around 2-3 months. as in i'll tend to dream of things that i viewed/experienced alot 3 months ago.
dreams also tend to be caricatures or distortions of what is experienced in reality but that get left out because we're focused on other stuff.
>>
>>18495343
We see more when we dream then we could ever hope to when awake. For some reason, in all of the fantastic realities you could have seen, dimensions with rules totally unlike ours, you visited these people.

Likely they had so much trauma in life, that after death they ingrained these memories into your entity. They could have been lives you lived, or witness to the situation.

Either way, they made a lasting impact on you. A small amount of trauma that has never left, not even after rebirth.

>>18495348
The multiverse has some odd realities. If you had removed your fear you could have enjoyed it, yet because you didn't really fully let go and embrace it.. you're left feeling cheated.
>>
>>18495417
Animals are inherently chaotic. Yet we've domesticated them for the most part. Even a domesticed animal disobeys.

>>18495472
Could be a possible future of super malevolent AI, In a world where humans turn into nothing more then fuel for the machines.

Miniature pancakes are just crepes, and they are delicious. Those ice cave people have good tastes.
>>
>>18495567
wtf? people believe theres masons here lol
>>
>>18494496
That show is probably one of the best things Cartoon Network has made in about a decade.
>Super /x/ related too. Great ending.
>>
>>18496500
>Animals are inherently chaotic

No, they're not - you're a fucking idiot

If I can correctly guess what a cat will do to a bird, how a dog will react to another dog barking, then they're not chaotic inherently you dipshit
>>
I had a dream a couple months ago I was in an alternate reality as "myself."
I was the same "person" but my body, my house and the people I was staying with all looked and acted different, even though I knew who they were in my waking life.
The funniest part was when the dream began. it felt like I had taken acid or some psychadelic and said to myself "What the hell did I take? This is so strong. I don't remember taking anything. Why the hell would I trip with the family home?"
I walked through the house tripping balls, knowing that I'm dreaming but also thinking I was actually tripping balls, before stumbling into the family I'm living with and tying not to show them how fucked up I am. They all looked and sounded different but were the same "people," like on a soul level.
I succeeded and then went into my room, before passing out on a bed and waking up in my real life.
Most weirdly realistic dream I ever had, and made me see dreaming in a new light.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.