[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there magic in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

is there magic in music?
>>
Law of octaves.
>>
>>18353813
The better question is, is there a brain in your head? and if so, what makes you believe in magic?
>>
Yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Ziggy_Stardust_and_the_Spiders_from_Mars
>>
Define magic
Music has structural similarities to many other processes which make up this reality
Learning musical studies will give you a higher understanding of composition and awareness, which enables you to do things many would call "magical"
>>
File: 42.jpg (248KB, 794x561px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
248KB, 794x561px
Universal Music Day

Pythagoras proposed that the Sun, Moon and planets all emit their own unique hum (orbital resonance)

The elegant and poetic idea that the revolution of the planets generates a celestial harmony of profound and transcendent beauty

youtu.be/CwxgWgtMqXs
>>
File: Quicksilver-and-Gaia.jpg (187KB, 1179x926px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilver-and-Gaia.jpg
187KB, 1179x926px
Square the Circle

Some Renaissance alchemists expressed their ideas through music. A similar trend continues today as some musicians express themselves using alchemy

Alchemy continues to influence musicians. In more recent times, concept albums have been created around alchemical motifs. Alchemy can be incorporated into song or album structure, cover art, and lyrics

youtu.be/clvetMzQEDY
>>
File: Gaian Light.jpg (63KB, 805x365px) Image search: [Google]
Gaian Light.jpg
63KB, 805x365px
Sound and Light

The notion of Rave events as vehicles for social change may be illuminated by the notion of liminality

Liminality refers to the ambiguity of the ritual realm, where everyday reality is transformed into a symbolic, ‘commitarian’ experience which thereafter affects the individual’s lived reality. In this way it can act as a catalyst for social change. In psychological terms, ritual can be viewed in terms of flow as a ‘psychophysical experience of involving oneself totally in an activity’, which provides the individual with the opportunity to assess his/her normal life, and that this can induce personal and social change

youtu.be/FTcmgUKjOEc
>>
bump.
One of the things i like to portray into my music is the way spiritual phenomena sounds.
After having a spiritual awakening i have tinnitus(ringing in the ears) that appears whenever i am in darkness, stare at a mirror or if i start to meditate. The sounds are very much like wavelengths oscillating at a high pitch.
Another remarkable sound is the one i experience whenever i do psilocybin mushrooms, which i can only describe as an overwhelming ramble or gush of wind, similar to what you hear when you tighten your frown/head...
In my understanding whatever stimuli that escapes our means of perception(five senses) will still be represented through our five senses, specially through sound.
>>
File: tumblr_n3qc4625NO1txvso4o1_500.jpg (251KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3qc4625NO1txvso4o1_500.jpg
251KB, 500x509px
I'm aware that Jimmy Page had/has his occult inclinations, and surely is aware of what is behind the veil of musical notes. I'm using him merely as an example to ask the question: How does one know which notes to play in sequence so that it flows like sacred geometry?

I'm unsure if I came out clear, but hope any of you can answer me.
>>
File: How Daft.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
How Daft.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Personal Transformation Environmental Consciousness

Continually participating in our own creative process, our unique articulation of our experience then becomes imbued with a psycho-activating energy, which can nonlocally catalyze a process of transformation throughout the entire universe

A living receptacle and repository of the artist’s experience of transformation, integration, and transcendence, the artist’s realization is expressed in the work of art so as to reciprocally invest and empower the work of art with the ability to transmit a similar transformation to others

youtu.be/5IqDR2WjVl8
>>
It is sort of strange to think about. Certain intervals between sounds make us feel good with no obvious evolutionary explanation, but these same intervals are significant outside of the human experience. kinda weird dude
>>
File: Smart Dubs.jpg (65KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Smart Dubs.jpg
65KB, 800x522px
>>18354244

Those dubs aren't weird
>>
tests
>>
Every planetary configuration is different on each day astrologically. Every song is different. So, I believe it's more about allowing it in from a much greater source, than consciously knowing what will sound beautiful. If there were some simple answer, there would be many more master pieces than there already are. Practice being creative or practice the basic meditative state which brings it, because the musical system we use is already defined by it's symmetry.
>>
File: Love the Sound.jpg (105KB, 662x883px) Image search: [Google]
Love the Sound.jpg
105KB, 662x883px
>>18354244
Feel the Love

Cymatics, from Greek: kῦμα, meaning "wave"

The sound dimension operates through the harmonics of the melodies as well as the physical impact of amplified sound waves. These elements combine to entrain the human organism within the ‘soundscape’

youtu.be/QdneZ4fIIHE
>>
>>18354244
Also, as in my previous comment about astrological configuration, there is a perfect correspondance with western astrology and western musical theory. For example, your opposite in astrology is a tri tone in music and they have the same relationship across the entire system. This is highly unlikely to be a coincidence given the very apparent objective nature of vibration.
>>
I studied composition in my countries top conservatory;droped out when my teacher died.

All the reality of perception and that which you cant normaly perceive is inside music, and can be codified and understood in its mathematical relationships.

in the first chapter of his craft of musical composition, Paul hindemith talks about how , as sound decomposes into higher harmonics, it also recomposes when two tones combine harmonicaly; ergo the music of the spheres is real, the spheres have a harmonic ratio, this ratios interact and in thei interaction create a cristaline web and underneath them they create also another wave of higher potency, all these interact with each other "ad infinitum"
>>
>>18353813
No. The equal tempered scale isn't natural and the natural scale has its own problems (see pythagorean komma)
>>
>>18353813

>music
>imusc
>i musc
>I msuc
>I smuc
>I smcu
>I scmu
>I scum

>>>/mu/
>>
>>18353825

aliums always existed :o
>>
>>18355588

PARANORMAL

ROMAN LARP'R
>>
Music is magic the way geometry is magic
>>
>>18356024
I like that. astute.

you don't have to look very hard to see the long history between spirituality and music either.

Soli Deo Gloria - JSB

as a life long musician I don't feel the need to ascribe some supernatural explanation to the existence of music.
Sound is firmly rooted in understandable, empirically testable principles.
>>
>>18354967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9IqD_04G0s
Sounds pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMZODtaf4d4
>>
>>18353813

No. Plus western notation of music sucks.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.