[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update 39

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 34

File: 1477345694714.png (2MB, 1910x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1477345694714.png
2MB, 1910x1420px
Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mystical Islam

Beyond Death: The Mystical Teachings of Ayn al Quat al Hamadhani
The Essentials of Ibadi Islam
Muslim Neoplatonists
Outline of Sufism
Ibn al Arabi and the Sufis
Knowledge Triumphant: Concepts of Knowledge in Medieval Islam
As Through a Veil: Mystical Poetry in Islam
Pure Gold form the words of Sayyidi Abd al-Aziz al-Dabbagh
Al Hallaj
Spiritual Purification in Islam
Islamic Mysticism and Abu Talib al Makki: The Role of the Heart
Divine Love in Islamic Mysticism
Sufi Castigator: Ahmad Kasravi and the Iranian Mystical Tradition
Sufi Visionary of Ottoman Damascus
Sufis and Anti-Sufis
Suhrawardi and the School of Illumination
A Sufi Martyr
Rumi's Mystical Design
An Account of the Mystics of Islam
Lectures on Sufism
Essential Sufism
Mystic Regimes: Sufism and the state of Iran from the late Qajar Era
Judaism, Sufism, and the Pietists of Medieval Egypt
Kernel of the Kernel: Concerning the Wayfaring and Spiritual Journey of the People of Intellect; a Shii Approach to Sufism.
Lost History: Muslim Scientists, Thinkers, and Artists
Ismalis in Medieval Muslim Societies
Hizmet means Service
Sufi Doctrine of Rumi
Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship
Mystics of Islam
A Psychology of the Early Sufi
Striving for Divine Union
The Naqshabandiyya Orthodoxy
Beshara and Ibn Arabi
Persian Sufi Poetry
The Sufi Orders in Islam
>>
>>18278873
God bless JDownloader.

Remember to create a free account on MEGA and add this account to JDownloader.

Go to Settings/Advanced Settings
Look for "GeneralSettings: On Skip Due to Already Exists Action"
Change value to "Skip File & mark as finished"
Then always download the Library to the same folder. This will skip existing files, doing incremental updates.

</shill>
>>
I saw that you had put "Aleister Crowley and the Temptation of Politics" into the library but now I can't locate it. Is there a search function or can you tell me in what folder it's located?

As always thanks for the amazing work with this library.
>>
>>18279122
I'm not Ape.
This file is not in the Library.
Get it from here:
http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=B519ED8CA27213A5CF46C61D7BA7FED8
>>
>>18278873
Downloaded. Thank you.
What other material do you intend to add to the library in the future?
>>
>>18279140
Yes it is, A.'.A.'.>Philosophy.

https://mega.nz/#!kchggbDQ!wPkiTdLQ1tCL1Voi4D8RyuhvMsUt_08DsvbENWDRvYc

Uploaded on the 22nd.

>>18279344
Whatever looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6JP7e6fko
>>
>>18279427
which book from sufism would you recommend as a starter?
>>
>>18279427
It seems there is a bug in JDownloader, it is not downloading all files. I will use a pendrive and my phone to sync the library using the MEGA app. Sigh.
>>
Can anyone help me understand the basics of Alchemy and the Philosopher's stone? I think I experienced it lastnight - I could change one emotion into another and when I closed my eyes I could see a warm red orb of light. I have been doing a lot of third eye work recently but I've not even read into the stone, so I'm a bit confused as to what I experienced. Also I can't find anything useful on google.
>>
How should I go about making my first grimoire?

First-hand advice would be appreciated.
>>
Just read Kybalion. So hermetism is the be-all end-all of magick then?
>>
>>18280249
Write about things you have actually done, start with your own philosophies and the theory, the document all your magical experiments and how you did them.
>>18280194
Read Carl Jung
>>
>>18278873

Aw yissss.
>>
>>18280264
>Read Carl Jung
Is useless to read Carl Jung without any basis on philosophy and psychology
>>
>>18280263
>Just read Kybalion. So hermetism

Nothing to do with Hermeticism.
>>
>>18280473
Explain
>>
>>18280481

It's a product of the New Thought movement, written by William Walter Atkinson. It has nothing to do with actual Hermeticism.
>>
I keep forgetting
what book was absolute trash - kybalion or IIH?
>>
At least put the occult discord link in the OP

https://discord.gg/VhbnY3d
>>
>>18280540

Why choose?

The problem with Bardon, aside from this less-than-stellar grasp of his material, is that his system is an orphan. It has no discernible connection to what had gone before and, as a living trad, died with its creator.
>>
>>18278873
From the thumbnail he looks like sanic.
>>
>>18280540
Y'know what book isn't trash?

The Awakening Ground
>>
>>18280263
this has to be bait now
>>
>>18278873
>that image
Can you actually become a God, /x/?
>>
>>18280816
You can become the next big thing: a living meme.
>>
>>18278873
Canst thou draw up leviathan with a fishhook ape of Thoth?
>>
>>18280819
I can become Donald Trump?
>>
>>18280667
>david chaim smith
I hate to meme, but literally who?
>>
Can you guys point me to any literature or info on past life regression?
>>
>>18280871
Liber ThIShARB

>>18280856
An actual Kabbalist and Hermeticist.

>>18280832
Tzaddi is not the star :^)

>>18280610
Tribute to Jack Chick.
>>
>>18280767
Not my fault you guys decided to put bullshit in the beginner section. Fuck off.
>>
>>18280887
People keep begging for it. Moreover, it's actually accurate in spots, but imo sparsely and incidentally.
>>
>>18280889
May I ask you what a booby trap with such a description is doing in the Beginners folder?
>>
>>18280194
>>18280343
You can't really study Alchemy at all because Alchemy isn't a universal concept; Jung's Alchemy wouldn't be recognizable to any historic Alchemist.

When one of the worlds foremost expert in alchemy is some random bod you gotta start asking questions.
>>
File: ubE7U.jpg (563KB, 2925x716px) Image search: [Google]
ubE7U.jpg
563KB, 2925x716px
>>18281213
Speaking as a long time alchemist it's really not for everyone in the first place. People meant for that line of inquiry are either born with the information already or have to be extensively taught the innermost secrets so they can be born with the information in their next life. It's a many lives long endeavor but not one without merit.
>>
>>18281224
The only Alchemy(s) I even consider as anything remotely valid are Christian mysticism and TCM, everything else has either been reconstructed using cliff notes or invented tradition new ageism.
>>
K, what's your opnion on Gordon White and Rune Soup? Just ordered his "Chaos Protocols" off amazon.
>>
Ape, I'm currently reading Kabbalah Revealed and having lots of fun. Do you recommend other books?
>>
>>18281495

Actually you already did thanks
>>
>>18281495
>Kabbalah Revealed
Ape didn't recommend that, did he?
>>
Aloha snackbar
>>
>>18281536

No
>>
File: Anti-spiral_post.png (144KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-spiral_post.png
144KB, 720x406px
>>18281234
Your post number is not a coincidence.
My alchemy is so much more than mere mysticism.
>>
>>18280879
>Tzaddi is not the star :^)
Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.
>>
>>18281441
Honestly he isn't at practitioner of anything other than limousine liberalism.
>>
>>18281441
That book is meh. White is quite meme, not much substance.

>>18281224
Where can I get started?
>>
>>18281441
>Gordon White
I hear Star.Ships is good. Saw some decent reviews of Chaos Protocols.

>>18281234
This ignores the entire Tantric alchemy tradition.

>>18281160
Because it's not a booby trap? Any text in the Beginner's folder does more harm than good when you read it alone and think you've "got it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQzNZR-LXZc
>>
Hey ape, I know you have a boner for tantra. I don't know of you'll be able to answer this question, or if it is even answerable. How much of the Hindu writings/scriptures do you reckon are still untranslated? Do you think there's a future for someone who wants to learn Sanskrit and potentially do translation work?
>>
Have you seen that guy burn himself in the movie Ninth Gate because he thought he was connected with the Devil.

That's what would happen to you.

Go on....Jump off a cliff to prove your allegiance =)
>>
>>18282581
I can't say for certain but def. enough for you to find academic work.

>>18282595
I love The Ninth Gate and I've been doing this for like fifteen plus years to no ill effect.
>>
>>18282721
Havnt you ever wondered why your hocus pocus doesnt work? You need to prove your belief..
>>
>>18282595
>>18282989
Oh wow. Are you for real? C'mon, fuck off already.

I think I'm going to watch the ninth gate today. It's been ages!
>>
>>18278873
So how the dragon stuff end up?
>>
They are breaking up.
>>
>>18283018
Great.
HUA plus black moon tomorrow. Probably going to push Heiros Gamos out a week. TAN had a lot of interesting effects, and I think I know how to mutuate the ritual year beneficially.
>>
File: pic.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Can you recommend me a good ritual to do before doing an ouija session? Basically to make it effective.
>>
>>18283925

>a good ritual to do before doing an ouija session?

meditate on Hasbro logo
>>
>>18283895
>a lot of interesting effects
care to share?
>>
>>18283895
new moon is tonight not tommorow
>>
>>18283952
Pretty sure I saw an mananganal, or some other winged entity. Scrawny, not floofy. Wingspan wider than my arms. Very awkward flier.

Saw other things too, they appeared to be tied to the elemental quarter I was working.

The rite has left me in a state I can only really liken to the Scientology concept of "present time"; not quite a 'flow-state' but incredibly close.

Felt like I had an (another) instance of Knowledge, but not Conversation, of the HGA, the latter of which the ritual cycle seems to have amplified in bits particularly between BHA and IA.

A Year and a Day technically won't begin until December, but I can pretty well safely say that Dragon Book has thus far done what it says on the label...which makes me incredibly interested in how the Known Intercessor will manifest this time given how much Unknown Intercession appeared at the start of last year.

>>18283965
New moon is under 1% waning tonight and under 1% waxing tomorrow, for my location. Technically speaking there will be no 'new moon' proper for me this month and I've yet to have an opportunity to tie Black Moon to a rite in the Blood Acre so I wanna try that at least once before the ritual year ends.
>>
>>18283968
according to my calendar, technically, it says its in like an hour and a half my time, meaning it will be ever so slightly waxing tonight.

I dont know that I observe that 'to the minute' level of scrutiny though, I just know that this evening is the closest to the new moon.

Most magical practitioners I know honestly give the moons about a three day window, one before, one on, and one day after.

Either way, you know what you're doing, I just wanted to mention it in case you had gotten your date wrong, best of luck with your rite.
>>
>>18283968
>>18283998

Officially, new moon is on 30 October at 17:38Z.
>>
>>18283998
>give the moons about a three day window
That's what I do and why the Dragon Book has differential adorations on the Behenian version of Stellar Transvokation when it comes to the Tail of the Dragon (one for slightly waxing, one for total obtenebration, and one for slightly waning) for use as needed for lunar circumstance.
>>
>>18283938
The ouija has been used for serious stuff many times, this is why I am asking here. I'm thinking in performing the headless one.
>>
>>18284024
Maybe.

I'd be more inclined to use it with less transcendental evokations, but if you're doing GMP toward an actual Goetic entity then you're probably on the right track.

I'd be more inclined to start with something like Lemegeton if you're new.
>>
>>18284024
>The ouija has been used for serious stuff many times, this is why I am asking here.

I know of it being used once for a serious purpose and the entity summoned was severely pissed about it. Kicked the summoner pretty damn hard for doing it.
>>
>>18284022
>one for all three
oh thats smart, nice. I need to do more DBoE, it seems so cool.
>>
>>18284055
It's not actually listed in the normative Draconian Stellar Transvokation, only as a sorta footnote buried in the IA practice of changing worship from Draconis to the Behenian Fixed Stars.

Looking through the Helen Oliver collection indicates that the Behenian version may have actually come first, that or they included a couple of the dimmer stars left out of the Draconian method.
>>
>>18283938
I legitimately couldn't tell If this was satire or not at first, I've been browsing /tg/ lately and It's filled with unironic Hasbro shills.
>>
>>18284186
>unironic Hasbro shills
~t. greg mazujian
https://youtu.be/pjNdj2q8xoI
>>
>>18284220
If you don't buy another booster I'm starting yet another MtG format general, you've been warned.
>>
Hey guys, armchair occultist here looking to get off my ass and do some shit. I have a few quick questions for you guys.
1) What's your opinion of Frater U.D.'s High Magic books? I'm thinking of using them in conjunction with Liber Null and just wanted some opinions from those more experienced than me.
2) An eventual goal of mine is to work with Chumbley's material, but from what I've read it's not too beginner friendly. What skills should I have before even attempting it?
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>18284307
Armchair occultist here too.
Have read liber chaos and some other beginner shit and i'm still not ready. I need to lurk more. Now i'm with A. Crowley, which is like honey to my mind.

The question is: What do you want to do with magick?
>>
>>18284234
Literally everyone I've met who plays competitive M:tG is a concentrated nexus of nuclear grade "Call the CDC" tier autism.

>>18284307
>UD
Meh. I can't stress enough that any given beginner's book will not put you where you want to be. You usually need like three or four plus maybe a historical or religious source text to get your footing in any given path.

>skills
Astral projection, at a bare minimum, and the discipline to put up with a minimum of about 45 minutes of ritual work daily, usually longer, with whole days set aside for two to five hour monthly rites.

Everything else you can pick up as you go, but much of the material is late Golden Dawn or middle curriculum Thelema at a breakneck pace, so maybe hit up the A.'.A.'. materials a bit.

>>18284344
Attain to Knowledge of and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel.
>>
>>18284344
>>18284307

Look, the problem with armchair occultism is that it is very easy to get hung up on endless details and perfectionism on everything (very similar to a teenager contemplating how her first time should be).

Just get on with it. Perform a basic casting for something not too important to get your feet wet. Cast for a free meal for example. Don't try to do high magus shit if you have never even attempted to charge a sigil, because no matter how much literature you may have gone through, same as with a virgin having sex for the first time, your whole perspective will change once you actually do it. Magick is different for everyone, so forget all that high brow bullshit for a moment and have a wank looking at a sigil or something. Acquire actual knowledge for once, through hands-on experience.
>>
>>18284390
For now I'm just curious and it provide me a great source for inspiration and imagination, too. I don't need to perform magick on anything.
>>
>>18284344
Well, I admit a big part of it is simply that I'd like to use magic to help me get what I want. But aside from that, I'm looking for means to improve myself, and I love the idea of learning and experiencing the things I've read about.
>>18284372
Thanks for the response! I'll go check out some more books, probably some GD or Crowley ones so I can get more exposure to stuff outside Chaos magick.
>>18284390
Thanks for the reply, I'm kinda paralyzed by all the choices I have so I needed to hear this.
>>
>>18284390
It's a cycle. Armchair occultists scare newbies into thinking they need to amass a large amount of knowledge before doing anything and they too become armchair occultists.

And then you have to relearn everything through practise. It's a perpetuating cycle. In reality it should be much easier to jump in and learn as you go, pairing academics with application if you so desire. There are witches who are mostly hands on though. It's different traditions.
>>
>>18284432
I didn't say you need to amass a lot of knowledge. You just need to have an aim, that's it. My aim is pure curiosity for now. And i use it for writing and inspiration purposes. But maybe in the future i'll get into the practice.
>>
>>18284430
You're welcome. The thing is not all choices work for everybody, so in order to find YOUR path, you need to move. Find what you like, find what works for you by practicing it.
>>
>>18284430
Also the first time I had magick work I went into a full year of downright denial before trying again. I didn't expect my materialistic side to rebel like that, but it turns out I didn't really believe in magick.

That is one of the reasons why practice is important, because you can't undergo this kind of personal transformations by reading alone.
>>
>>18284475
I can understand that, a part of me worries I'll freak the fuck out if some of the things I've read about actually work. I'll definitely start practicing what I read now, thankfully I have a wide variety from Ape's library and a few other sources.
>>
Your opinions on this book?
http://www.mediafire.com/?q8i6gice2uimfw4
>>
>>18283938
I wonder what would I get from this.
>>
>>18284475
>I didn't expect my materialistic side to rebel like that, but it turns out I didn't really believe in magick.

Not surprising. I denied some results for years.
>>
>>18284044
Grady McMurtry? If I'm not wrong, Crowley supported his ouija experiments with enochian and even developed a ritual to work with it.
>>
>>18284307
>>18284344
>>18284372
>>18284390
>>18284415
>>18284430
>>18284432
>>18284467
>>18284470
>>18284475
>>18284484
>>18284560
chains of posts like this are what I really like about those threads

gotta do some minor preparation for tomorrows spooks now
>>
>>18278873
How do i become a living God, /x/?
>>
>>18284732
You can't.
The closest you can get is to be possessed by a resurrected dead god.

Dead, forgotten gods crave power and will gladly use you as a vessel when you summon them.
>>
File: protection.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
protection.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>18284732
Give all your worthless shekels to Matt Lawrence.
>>
>>18284372
What technique do you use to astral project? Have you done some preliminary work before you were able to do it? Can it be used on real world locations?
>>
>>18284742
Why does he use the name Eric? Also why does he put so much effort in coming across as a charlatan and then when it comes to it actually has legit advice to give (his advice on trance states is pretty good imo)?
>>
I'm in therapy and I'm working on myself both through magic and through more "mundane" means. But something I really want is to have a clear sense of self so that I can look at things people even jokingly say about me and say, "how true is this?" and either laugh it off or change depending, rather than taking it as an attack on me to my very core.

I'm getting better but I'm so far from where I want to be.

Oh, and if your advice just consists of "there is no self" or some variant of that, seriously please come to my house and kiss my ass.
>>
>>18284864
I've found a good way to objectify your self is to tone down the ego. When your ego stops reacting to "attacks", it stops getting in the way of introspection.

Interestingly I had great success with this by depolarizing watching http://youtube.com/mindandmagick. Watch them all if you can.

A healthy ego is one that, like a non inflamed tonsil, does not get in the way.
>>
>>18284528
>http://www.mediafire.com/?q8i6gice2uimfw4
haven't read, but Greer's pretty sharp
>>
>>18278873
Sacrificial Universe isn't in the library is it?
>>
>>18278873
which texts do i use for astral protection or lucid dreaming ?
there's a lot of data to shift through
>>
>>18284732
I don't know about god, but you sure can become a living meme in 2016!
>>
>>18278873
Once upon a time, this cryptozoology book was available:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bsccsej02xxeby5

Now it is dead. Do you know what was the book there?
>>
so from an occultist point of view, whats the differences between shamanism and other forms of magick? also difference in regions?
I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck since it was confirmed the president of south korea is controlled by a damn shamanistic cult, i'm just curious.
>>
>>18284607
>Grady McMurtry? If I'm not wrong,

Source? Possible. I'll ask, but doubt it. If Grady had any success with Enochian, no one talked about it.
>>
>>18287217
Shamanism is usually characterized by spirits that aren't (near-)omnipotent.
>>
>>18287217
>since it was confirmed the president of south korea is controlled by a damn shamanistic cult
Citation? I've seen this said but never seen any real sources.
>>
Is Evola's intro to magic worth a read?
>>
Looking to grow closer to my deity and also to become more centered and less easily upset. Any recommended yogas?
>>
>>18287361

Hatha will help. So will zazen.
>>
>>18287387
Thanks!
>>
Om Namah Discordia
>>
>>18287222
>Source?
Maybe this book, Aleister Crowley and the Ouija Board ( https://www.amazon.com/Aleister-Crowley-Ouija-Edward-Cornelius/dp/1932595104/ref=sr_1_1/002-4971026-1892045?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187940288&sr=8-1 )
Is not like I am any expert. I bet K knows who were the AA student who worked with the ouija.

Btw, can you tell me what happened with the guy who got his ass kicked? Like why the entity got mad and so.
>>
>>18287407

For what it's worth, I wouldn't trust Jerry Cornelius any farther than I could throw his ugly ass. I've posed the question to folks in a position to know, so we'll see what sort of answer we get.

>Btw, can you tell me what happened with the guy who got his ass kicked? Like why the entity got mad and so.

I didn't ask for details, but assume with some confidence that this fellow suffered actual consequences in the real world as a result of the insult. I'm sure it was more than hurt feelings.
>>
>>18281224
Hopefully this anon (or other alchemists) can help me out.

I'm the philosophers stone guy who posted earlier >>18280194

After having done some reading it seems that I might have accessed the eastern version of The Stone - the Cintāmani. What can I do to access it again? Are there any exercises that you know of?
>>
>>18280264
Should i show people or will they think I'm crazy? Also, are we crazy?
>>
>>18287427
probably desu senpai
>>
>>18287427
>Should i show people

To what end?
>>
>>18287449
I think chaos philosophy needs more academic/intellectual attention. But on second thoughts I see your point, I think it might e a pride thing desu.
>>
>>18287473

In my trad we speak of the, "Four Powers of the Sphinx": to know, to will, to dare, and to keep silent. Showing off your personal grimoire would seem a violation of the fourth power.
>>
>>18287419
>I've posed the question to folks in a position to know, so we'll see what sort of answer we get.

Thank you.
>>
File: 1476377544996.jpg (18KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476377544996.jpg
18KB, 333x333px
>my copy of Secret School of Wisdom: The Authentic Rituals and Doctrine of the Illuminati got DMCA'd on Halloween
>>
>>18287619

Fuckin'ell!

Any thoughts on this Ouija board business? Something disappointing in finding AC using one.
>>
>>18287633
Nope.
All I know is that Achad used one under AC's sanction.
>>
A chance of taking my life back presents itself to me. They will separate, a positive change is coming my way!
>>
Which (respectable) school of magick has the most consistent and concrete methodology in your opinion?
>>
>>18287762
>most consistent and concrete methodology

Golden Dawn, maybe?

I'm not sure that's a good thing. Flexibility is a virtue.

>>18287637

That doesn't surprise me, somehow. I'm still not comfortable being downstream of Achad and Genesthai. It makes sense, but still.
>>
I really don't want to make my own thread, but i have a question.

Some spiritualists are claiming that living in earth is just a test. A process for us to get "stronger" faster. What does this mean, and how does one get strong from living in the material dimension?

Does it have to do with helping my 7 chakras or doing drugs to understand stuff?
>>
>>18287427
>should I show people
nope

>are we crazy
Most certainly
>>
>>18287690
>Good job, now go find it
>>
>>18287817
Sounds like quackery to me. If anything material existence might be a game, a dream that becomes unimportant outside of itself, a mental phenomenon. But a test? Nah
>>
/fit/fag here,I know this may sound retarded but is there any sort of ritual/spell that can help me increase my strength?
>>
File: DG2.jpg (44KB, 420x526px) Image search: [Google]
DG2.jpg
44KB, 420x526px
>>18287808
Eh, they're a little too goofy for me. Anything else? Guess I'm just looking for something that a beginner could get a firm grasp on.
>>
File: 1471388779533.jpg (41KB, 364x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471388779533.jpg
41KB, 364x600px
>>18287817
The test route of reality is less than all that is.

The test route of reality is where you suppose that everything that happened to you was foreshadowed in some regards, if only you had the cipher to realize what that foreshadowing was. So, over time you acquire these ciphers, and learn to know what's going to happen on the test before it does, because you're paying attention to the lessons.

It's one way of affixing yourself into a kind of reality in which you are effectively psychic, but only because The Lesson Master is arranging your life events for you. It's a very ordered method of holding your mind. With an abundance of technology, it tends towards a sort of Truman Show mentality, whereby one's god takes the form of The Great Director in the sky. In the absence of technology, it becomes The Great Ancestral Spirit instead.

What the test route of reality lacks is improvisation. It tends towards stagnation of sensory perception in favor of expansive memory. There are those who absolutely treasure such an experience, and those who consider it an abomination. If you value hierarchy, the demiurge, order, and prediction, the test route of reality might be for you.

If you value freewill, the collective unconscious, chaos, and spontaneity, then feel free to focus instead more on the moment, instead of what you missed on the last test you never knew you were being marked on.

>>18287835
Games, dreams, mental phenomena, and tests are all just fractured pieces of the totality of reality. They are lenses which one puts on to filter the rest out, and focus on the specific route of reality they wish to get the most out of.

That said, having tried that mentality for a bit, although it was very instructive, wasn't really my cup of tea. But hey, more power to those for whom it is. And I get to keep the knowledge I learned, so "" WORTH ""
>>
>>18287864

Less goofy?

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html
>>
>>18287844
Martial arts can be quite esoteric if you read into them. Concepts like the Dantien (A reservoire of cosmic energy) can be trained. I'd also advise yoga.

If you're looking for results quickly and at a price, you can always look for a suitable demon.
>>
>>18287990
I am into martial arts,I am looking for fast results,don`t really care for the price.What demon would you suggest summoning?Would the /sum/ sticky method be enough?How much can I give for what price?Sorry if this seems a lot but I really need those answers
>>
>>18284372
>Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel
Have you tried Abramelin's method?
>>
Is there any Gerolamo Cardano in the mega?
>>
>>18287881
Well, I've always been a balanced sort of guy. I believe there's a combination of free will and fate, all branching out and intertwining with other trees(people).

I value the concept of hierarchy alot, because its a ladder id like to climb and achieve merit. On spontaneity, it can be a chosen route rarely, if ever, taken. A unknown exciting variable.

So, the goal of life about building the skill of foreshadowing or enjoying it? Whats an example of this cipher?

Can't really enjoy life, since i always feel anxious that i have to be as productive as possible to feel complete
>>
>Islamic mysticism
>no Picatrix

???
>>
>>18287619
Please upload it to pomf.cat if you still have it.
>>
>>18288356
It is there, but in another folder.
>>
>>18288822
>pomf.cat
>Max upload size is 75MiB
>>
>>18288892
Uh, zippyshare? How big is the file?
>>
>>18280505

It has as much to do with Hermeticism as the judeo/xian bullshit that you q/c/kabalists call "Hermeticism".
>>
>>18288985
kek
>>
>>18280561

The fact that you haven't discerned the Randolph in it shows just how "valuable" your "discernment" is.

There are also quite a few carrying on the tradition -- and even writing and publishing about it. Your unawareness of this doesn't change that.
>>
The theosophy folder seems to contain stuff on the astral.
>>
File: GG.jpg (26KB, 544x686px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
26KB, 544x686px
>>18287844
>>18288017

Just get your act together and lift you fucking underachieving autist

i'm having acid flashbacks from all that cringe in your posts
>>
I am in a happy relationship.
>>
>>18288017
>I am looking for fast results,don`t really care for the price.
You are looking for steroids, not magic. You know the price for that.
>>
Eastern folder needs more qigong
>>
Give me the juiciest piece of occult knowledge you have that you are willing to share.

I will reward you with bad puns related to what you revealed.
>>
>>18284475

I feel like I am still at that stage my self.
I am still a non-believer, yet I keep having experiences I can't easily rationalize away.
So I keep "investigating" until ether I become convinced what I experienced is mundane or mystical in nature.
>>
>>18278873

Just going to leave this here...

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-953

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1991

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
Bascially my theory is that 1991(mamillian) is an escaped 682(fox) from the future. And 682(reptile?) is a 1991 from another future. Time. Travel. Shenanigans.

Think about it. 682 and 953 both have adaptation powers. And 1991 is clearly so traumatized that its playing dead in order to be left alone, which is the midpoint between rage and torture. Its sort of a poetic story line in a way. 682 gets used to the status quo and becomes corrupt, becomes 1991 as punishment, pretends to be 682 in an attempt to draw the SCP societies attention, so that the others can be left alone.
>>
>>18289380
Meme ARGers pls go
>>
>>18289368

>I am still a non-believer, yet I keep having experiences I can't easily rationalize away.
>So I keep "investigating" until ether I become convinced what I experienced is mundane or mystical in nature.

JUST

DO

THE FUCKING

EXCERCISES
>>
>>18289399
Of all the books I have read I still have not got around to reading prometheus rising.
>>
Is it any good?
>>
I guess it would be better asking here then starting thread of its own.

For the longest time when it came to topics related to the occult I only had a intellectual curiosity. Then after some convincing from someone I knew I tentatively dabbled, with very minor results of which I found less interesting then reading of the abstract philosophical and historical context behind the stuff. That is until recently. In the past I would have asked the person that prodded me to try this stuff but they moved and I can't reach them any longer. So I am faced with experiences that I don't understand and don't know what would be path to understanding.
>>
>>18289828
>Then after some convincing from someone I knew
What path were they?
> I tentatively dabbled
in what?
>with very minor results
Such as?
>I am faced with experiences that I don't understand
which are?

Details, they are important.
>>
>>18289828
"i did some stuff" : the post
>>
File: tetrominoes.png (4KB, 361x252px) Image search: [Google]
tetrominoes.png
4KB, 361x252px
Is there any occult significance to the seven tetrominoes?

This might seem like a silly question, but it seems notable that there are seven figures made from four squares; both numbers having high occult significance.
>>
>>18284432
Think of it like becoming a surgeon though. There's a ton of reading you have to do before they'll let you anywhere near a patient.
>>
>>18290038
>What path were they?
They were "mostly" neo-pagan but was pretty familiar with many other occult traditions and practices.
I knew a bit from my own research and curiosity, but purely on a intellectual level.
We would always end up talking about the occult, spirituality, philosophy, the mind, etc. whenever me met.
It was only when I mentioned that I spent almost as much time training and exploring the capabilities of my mind as my body (I do martial arts, and look like I do martial arts) that they started trying to convince me to put down the books and actually try it if I wanted to truly understand.
>in what [did you dabble]?
Started simply enough with sigils and a few other things like dowsing as well as meditating much more regularly.
>Such as?
Dowsing was inconsistent and explainable by more reasonable methods. Often just normal deductive reasoning was better in most situations.
Sigils were said to always work, and in a way I can't depute that with my experience, but the results were far from impressive if it was indeed the result of casting them. So minor in fact they don't exceed what could be seen as coincidence. For example:
>cast sigil to earn money since NEET
>Apply to dozens of jobs
>few months later
>get $10 from a survey I did that I forgot about and did not even know was payed
>going through notes
>remember that I cast a sigil to earn money
>mfw
Most of my exp with sigil are like that.
Meditation was positive though, nothing to complain about there. Just not really exceptional or interesting ether.
>which are?
Well it takes some background explanation, so I guess I will post it in two post.
>>
>>18290387
>Have some exp with altered states
>meditation, hypno, trance, stuff like that
>other person and I were talking about the occult as usual
>I talk about disbelief of the gods or whatever
>tells me I could learn to communicate with beings "on the other plains" by learning scrying
>meh
>month or so later after some research try it out
>nothing, no results
>try it again a few weeks later
>still nothing
>maybe it just ain't for me they say
>about a few weeks before they leave we have a long winded debate about inconsistency in technical details of many occult paths
>They say technical details are not even important in the end anyway
>I am like "from what I read they seem pretty important to the people who wrote them down"
>they make a rather convincing argument that it is not the details of the rituals that is important
>rather the mindset they produce
>that their are many ways to reach that same state
>and that with a little practice and personal experience one finds the way to the that same destination if they seek
>then made it about me
>by saying that I should do what "feels right" to me rather then focus on details of books
>although time passed the ending of that conversation stuck with me for whatever reason
>the person leaves some time later
>>
>>18290394
>I still practice but much less
>But still meditate and practice other mental practices regularly though
>even try out energy working for a little bit
>One day a weird feeling hits me
>with it comes the though out of the blue that I should try scrying again
>rather then follow detailed instructions I just set up what felt right without thinking about it
>entered a partial trance rather easy
>then stared into the mirror
>then beyond the mirror
>then I saw things, but at the same time didn't see them
>it felt like I was somewhere else, yet not
>taking to beings that are no doubt constructions of my own mind
>yet not
>It was nothing but contradictory feeling, sensations, and thoughts
>it was so dreamlike and surreal
>yet I felt totally alert, awake, and aware
>gently I ended the session
>not knowing what to make of it I simply chalked it up to the mind being amazing at playing tricks on its self
>that it was a once in a life time exp
>Months go by
>decide to try again
>literally feels like I was fully in two worlds at once
>this world and one shaped by the mind like a dream but not completely of the mind like a dream is
>>
File: tumblr_n0qtw01G1m1qh59n0o1_500.png (250KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0qtw01G1m1qh59n0o1_500.png
250KB, 500x375px
>Mystical Islam

I'm a Muslim. There's no such thing. Islam draws a pretty hard line against all occult and magickal practices, and Sufists are basically Zoroastrians pretending to be Muslim. No mainstream Muslim sect considers Sufis to be anything but the worst kind of munafiq.

Now, I'm not here to tell you that occultists are going to Hell; you do what you want. I'm just saying "Islamic mysticism" is an inaccurate label.
>>
>>18290398
With that second experience I was less able to convince myself that it was nothing to it, just the mind playing tricks.
After a few more attempts met with similar results to the second time I have trouble remaining well, not freaked out a bit about the whole thing and would really like some outside perspective I guess.
>>
>>18290415
That's because the majority of modern Islamic sects are borne and especially conditioned by post-1500AD bullshit religious leaders (and it's not like it started there). To say Islamic mysticism is an inaccurate label is to reveal that you're following a meme sect's interpretation of a quite modern reinterpretation of early Islam.
>>
>>18290240
>Is there any occult significance to the seven tetrominoes?
Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>18290455
kafir sits here and acts like they know better then a true Muslim.
Needs to learn your place or have someone teach it to you.
>>
So, a bit off subject from other things on this thread, but is Chaos Magic essentially a meme?
>>
>>18290543
Are the Shia or the Sunni the true Islam?
The only thing this mess teaches is that Mohammed handled his succession poorly.
One can benefit from outside views.
>>
>>18290987
Have this wall of text. Google with show you the source.

The aversion just described has even found a foothold in some corners of contemporary magic. On the avant-garde end of the occult scene these days, there’s a movement called chaos magic; it’s a lively phenomenon that’s produced some very creative work, and it’s also one of the few branches of practical occultism these days that’s more diverse than Druidry, which certainly took some work. Most versions of chaos magic that I’ve seen start from the presupposition that the universe is basically whatever we want it to be, a random inkblot that’s assembled into meaningful patterns by the human mind—I haven’t seen anybody in the chaos magic scene borrow Barfield’s term “figuration” for that process, but the idea’s much the same—and so, the logic goes, we might as well learn how to assemble it the way we want to, using the tools of will and imagination central to magic.

So far, so good; that’s not my view, but it’s a philosophically coherent account. What interests me, though, is that most versions of chaos magic that I’ve seen go on to insist that gods, angels, spirits, demons, and so on don’t actually exist—that by definition they’re constructions of the human imagination, projected by us onto a lifeless and mindless cosmos. It’s a curious and rather one-sided insistence. If in fact the universe is whatever we want it to be, then aren’t those who make this claim simply choosing to formulate a universe that’s empty of other intelligences, because that’s the kind of universe they prefer? Wouldn’t it then be just as reasonable for me to make the opposite choice, and say that the universe is crammed to the bursting point with gods, angels, spirits, demons, and the like, because that’s the kind of universe I prefer—as indeed it is?
>>
>>18288985

Nope. Sit down, loser.

>>18289000

Then you'd be much better served sticking with Randolph.

>>18290415

Heh.
>>
>>18290543
>>18290415
>My fiqh is the only fiqh
>Pls ignore all the Arabic grimoires, thx.
>>
>>18290987
Thought manifests into reality.
You create a sigil (symbol) of what you wish to manifest, then use the sigil to burn it into your subconscious where it hastens the manifestation.
>>
>>18287844
Ultimately magick empowers you to do shit. It doesn't do shit for you.

You could, for example, invoke Mars before going to the gym and ask him to lend you his warrior's might for extra reps and optimum muscle development.

Magick or no magick, the laws of thermodynamics still apply as far as my experience goes.
>>
>>18291090
Hey, Ape. Any yoga or other practice you can recommend for emotional healing and confidence?

Note, I'm not about that "obliterate the self" shit.
>>
>>18290253
It's not like being a surgeon at all. More like being a virgin: you overthink everything and put it in a pedestal until you actually do it and start realizing despite all your accumulated information you had zero actual knowledge on the matter.

Stop looking for excuses. It's a pretty good ride.
>>
>>18291090
>implying all Arabs are/were Muslims
>>
>>18291121
>It doesn't do shit for you.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong?
>>
>>18291133
The ones who wrote the middle eastern grimoire tradition sure as fuck were.

>>18291123
No. Don't do yoga because of spiritual materialism. It's a tool, not a refuge.
>>
>>18291182
Look, I just want to be less miserable and self-loathing. If you can give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Already seeing a therapist.
>>
>>18291034
Yeah I kinda find that to be a bold assumption to make, reality being that one-sided. I guess the stupid yet thought provoking question would be: why not both?
>>
Ape senpai, do you have that Spurdo Zizek pic still, the one where he tells a joke about fucking an earthquake "fruitless love"

i'm feeling really down and remember it bringing me great joy when i saw it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5y139eFhQ
>>
I have one for S, or K if he wants.

In regards to adding the pillars of severity and mercy to the MP, Cicero recommends his Tree of Life Excercise/Rite of the Three Pillars:

http://www.oldways.org/documents/ceremonial/regardie/regardie_the_middle_pillar_edited_by_chic_cicero_2004.pdf

On page 219 in the document and 241 in my internet browser. What do you think? When he says to intone "Yah" for chockmah, should I use "Yahweh" instead?

After the MP, there are circulations to complete the exercise. Regardie usually recommends three, the last one switching between a "fountain circulation" and an "ascending spiral circulation." Cicero ties all of these circulations, so there are four of them. Is it OK to do them as Cicero recommends, or will these leave an imbalance?

The circulations can be found in the above document. It's on pg. 210 in the pdf and 232 in the internet reader. What do you think?
>>
>>18291193

You don't need any of this to help you. It's always recommended to solve any underlying psychological issues before working with yoga and such. Otherwise these problems will come back to bite you in the ass *hard*.

A simple meditation can be very useful for self-introspection. Start by sitting down, spine straight. Don't be too uncomfortable, find something to help you relax. Just breathe in and out, focusing on the breath. If you're uncomfortable, stop and try later.

If your therapist is good, they will be able to help identify what is wrong and offer solutions.

Swimming or other cardio exercises will help a lot, too. It will hurt, but you will feel much better. Try to watch your back, or you will be very sorry! Good luck anon.
>>
>>18291358
>What do you think? When he says to intone "Yah" for chockmah, should I use "Yahweh"

Yah and Yahweh are two different names. It's weird to see him using the same name for Da'ath and Binah. Disturbing, even.

Not sure what to think of that.

>Cicero ties all of these circulations, so there are four of them. Is it OK to do them as Cicero recommends, or will these leave an imbalance?

I think it should be okay, but let's give K an opportunity to contradict me.
>>
>>18291193
>>18291123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gL8c_yIofg
>>
>>18291123
If this video >>18291400 isn't the one, there are plenty of other videos that will definitely benefit anyone psychologically
>>
>>18290387
>>18290394
>>18290398
>>18290418
So any thoughts or did I type all that out for nothing?
Despite what I read I don't really know what I should do next.
>>
>>18289399
I read the book awhile ago but didn't do the exercises. Should I go back and do the exercises? Will it be an eye opening
>>
>>18291397
>Yah and Yahweh are two different names.

Oh. I thought Yah was synonymous with Yahweh. From what I understand, I should use Yah here.

> It's weird to see him using the same name for Da'ath and Binah. Disturbing, even.

I didn't know what to think about it. When I look at bill heidick's approach,

http://hermetic.com/heidrick/qbl-1.html

He omits Da'at. Can I use bill's approach, but use only the divine names instead of including the paths, names of the sephira, etc.? When I formulated binah and Da'at comes next, I will just focus on da'at for a few moments without any divine name. Then chesed will be formulated with the divine name, etc. Is that OK, or should I omit da'at in the rite of the three pillars?
>>
>>18291397
>Disturbing, even.
I concur.

>>18291397
>I think it should be okay, but let's give K an opportunity to contradict me.
Nah.

>>18291574
>I don't really know what I should do next.
Yoga, probably.
>>
>>18291718
>He omits Da'at. Can I use bill's approach, but use only the divine names instead of including the paths, names of the sephira, etc.?

I don't think Bill would lead you wrong. I think omitting Da'ath, or just pausing briefly and move on, and modifying Cicero in light of Bill's meditation sounds a decent way to go.

It's great to find turn-key exercises, but one size seldom fits all. Modifications like this, combining two exercises into one because neither quite fits. it's how this game is played.

>>18291768

Thanks!
>>
>>18291768
>Nah.

OK, thank-you.

>>18291807

>I don't think Bill would lead you wrong. I think omitting Da'ath, or just pausing briefly and move on, and modifying Cicero in light of Bill's meditation sounds a decent way to go.

OK, sounds good. I appreciate the help, thank-you.

>It's great to find turn-key exercises, but one size seldom fits all. Modifications like this, combining two exercises into one because neither quite fits. it's how this game is played.

Yep. It's nice to have the internet to find others that know their stuff. Threads like this are a godsend to us clueless folk, lol.
>>
>>18291383
>>18291400
Thank you.

I feel like having these issues to begin with means I'm weak and pathetic. So many other people are fine. Why can't I just be normal and happy?
>>
Is this roleplaying?
>>
>>18291768
>Yoga, probably.
Can you explain why you think yoga would help in my situation?
Or are you just making fun of me?
>>
/x/ really goes to shit on Halloween, doesn't it?
>>
I have a question regarding spirit sigils. Specifically the one's of the archangels.

I've found that Archangel Raphael has at least four different sigils: 1. The Golden Dawn "seal" type, 2. The Cornelius Agrippa, 3. The one in Konstantino's evocation book, 4. The Rose Cross' one.

I've successfully evoked him using the Konstantinos sigil, but I'd like to know what's the deal with all this, especially considering I'd like to work with Sandalphon and his sigils are less common online.

Are they all "legit"? Why are they different? Which should I use in your opinion?

Thanks /omg/
>>
File: 1478036902134.png (582KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478036902134.png
582KB, 1000x1000px
Looking for some suggestions for Occult listening.

Generally interested in anything you might have to share! I've been shying away from just mindlessly listening to music all the time and want something to think about while I wander.

Also. Praise it, fgt.
>>
>>18292338
Zero Kama
Lapis Niger
Cultus Sabbati
Secret Chiefs 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz5ql87ls4

>>18292328
I'd go with Agrippa or the Rose Cross, personally.

>>18292284
Yes.

>>18292187
Ideally yoga should give you the clarity of perception to determine if a thing is a valid line of inquiry or not. I mean, formal logic does much the same without the training on mind-states.

>>18292145
Nope.
>>
>>18292462
Thank you. You've always been so helpful to our community and I appreciate you being here.
>>
>>18292483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8_WPwoSNA
>>
>>18292488
Silly goose. I'm looking for non-musical, more lectures.

Thank you anyway though kind sir.
>>
I'm a mystic and I have done the weirdest stuff, inlcuding induced meditation, self entered trance for sexual astral projection that included button presses as punishment to an enemy and the mysticism itself, what should I read?
>>
File: No Help for the Mighty Ones.jpg (695KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
No Help for the Mighty Ones.jpg
695KB, 936x936px
>>18292338
Ape's advice should already suffice, but I'd add SubRosa to that list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjo-aE8PIGQ
>>
>>18292505
Ah, damn. I should have lurked more, as usual. Altho, the lyrics to some of these songs should do quite fine for your purposes. There's also a lot of food for thought in nonverbal communication there.
>>
i want telekinesis
where start friends
>>
>>18292534
http://psipog.net/ should do.
>>
>>18292536
hmm if i learn anything from this i'll be grateful. evn if it's disappointing, ill take a gander friend
>>
I see you've moved again.
Just passing through and saw you back here.
You're damn persistant, I'll give you that.
>>
>>18292505
https://youtu.be/3sI8ohPTzIE
>>
>>18292550
No problem. You can also try here: http://psionguild.org/education/articles/foundation/
>>
>>18292555
a pay wall
gg i lost
>>
>>18292555
>>18292557
nevermind
second link isn't
>>
File: 1469208312891.jpg (42KB, 337x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469208312891.jpg
42KB, 337x498px
>>18292532
Hey all good. Thank you for sharing with me.
>>18292554
Interesting. Many thanks!
>>
>>18292561
My pleasure! While we're at it, I seem to remember that there's a bunch of McKenna and RAW lectures up on youtube. Might want to give them a shot.
>>
>>18292571
I won't be able to pony up the dosh for “Remote Viewing” or “STARGATE.
There's gotta be a resource online, right?
>>
>>18287619
So it begins.
>>
>>18292575
Honestly, I'm not sure. It really isn't my main interest. It's also been a while, but from what I remember, this might also be of some interest: http://www.castrealspells.com/thepsionshandbook01.pdf
A second part exists, if memory serves.

I also think there's probably deeper rabbit holes than psionics to be explored, tho. Maybe Qi Qong could interest you, depending on why you're into this.
>>
>>18292611
im into this because ive always been and i think i was something in a past life
ive always known reincarnation exists and have been a strong empath and lucid dreamer. i believe i have a natural talent going to waste and i will change it.
>>
File: cat crying.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
cat crying.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
I know literally nothing about anything here.

What do I read first?
>>
File: tumblr_nm3nm3Omkq1r8kz72o2_400.jpg (10KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3nm3Omkq1r8kz72o2_400.jpg
10KB, 251x241px
>>18292632
my end goal is to be able to levitate off the ground.

What books do I read?
>>
File: 1439522713832.jpg (50KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
1439522713832.jpg
50KB, 508x472px
>>18292640
I just wanna levitate around my room sitting crosslegged Indian style.
>>
>>18292640
>>18292649
fuck telekinesis
i wanna do this
wait that's telekinesis!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>18292681
just tell me what book to read tough guy. I need to float around my room like this guy
>>
>>18292683
i don't know
>>
>>18278873
Out of curiosity, how many paper books on magic do you own, Ape?
>>
File: android.jpg (54KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
54KB, 700x472px
>>18292689
>>
>>18292571
Big fan of T-dawg. Trying to broaden my horizons a little bit and the suggestions in this thread are a great start.

Thanks again everyone!
>>
Hey /omg/. Does anyone know any specific texts devoted solely to the worship of Ishtar/Astaroth?
>>
>>18292462
Ok. I'll go with the cross then, but can you please tell me why? What is the background here?
>>
>>18292575
I started my journey with remote viewing. You can get all the material you need for free starting from this community: dojopsi.com and dojopsi.info
>>
>>18292328
>I've successfully evoked him using the Konstantinos sigil,

How do you know?

>>18292462
>I'd go with Agrippa or the Rose Cross, personally.

Or The Heptameron, perhaps.
>>
>>18293938
I know I evoked something and it felt like Raphael as well as the things he said were consistent.

I'm not going to believe blindly in what any evoked entity tells me, but I don't see the use in distrusting/questioning them systematically either if they are being useful.

What bothers me is using sigils blindly without knowing the legitimacy of the system that produced them. For example, I have astrally evoked Sandalphon using his Rose Cross sigil and I want to do a proper evocation. Will I be speaking to the same entity if I use his magic square sigil for example?
>>
>>18293949
>Will I be speaking to the same entity if I use his magic square sigil for example?

If successful, yes. The exact details of any particular sigil or symbol seem less important than the strength of its association with some entity. I have a name, nicknames, screen names, aliases, and so on. All of these point to me, but some are going to be more likely to get my attention than others.

In practice, it's probably best to pick a convention and stick with it. When I was establishing a working relationship with the archangels, I didn't use any sigils, so the issue didn't come up. I liked The Heptameron, though.

Might be a good idea to ask for some sort of sign, or ask a critter to do something for you, in order to establish whether you're enjoying success.
>>
>>18293961
Thanks anon
>>
>>18284372
K, maybe my understanding of the HGA is wrong, but is there a way to ask for help to him? Help to get better life and sheit
>>
Anyone has any tips to break a curse? And how to protect myself for future ones?
>>
File: 1457944382170.png (31KB, 861x706px) Image search: [Google]
1457944382170.png
31KB, 861x706px
>>18294099

pls help
>>
>>18294149

Discover your true nature. Express that nature in a manner befitting your environment.

Do that and nothing can fuck with you.
>>
>>18294158
>Discover your true nature.
how
>>
>>18294099
Apologize to the person you pissed off.
Try not to be a jerk to anyone else in the future.

If you plan to or want to continue being a jerk, stop caring what your enemies think or do and fuck them up right back.
>>
>>18294163

We're taught to use magic and mysticism. It's the whole point of programs like this:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-4/aba3.html
>>
Is it possible to call a demon who will give me power/s?
>>
>>18294263
Yes. He will fuck your ass for all eternity in exchange, but sure.
>>
>>18294167

And what if this person doesn't want to forgive me? My cards seem to think he will only laught at me.

I did was a jerk, so i hold no grudge against him, just trying to fix things
>>
>>18294321
Interesting, but to what extent? Could he make me nigh-omnipotent for the remainder of my life, or just give me some minor psychic abilities?
>>
>>18294397
>getting demon dick in the ass for centuries
>Interesting
faggot detected
>>
>>18294384
Your cards are making you neurotic.
Apologize to your friend.
If they are worth a damn, they wont laugh at you.
If they laugh and tell you to fuck off, then fuck off and go make a new friend.
They werent worth your time any way.
Based on your answers, you're not cursed.
You're just hypersensitive right now because of what is going on, and because you have a fairly open mind or some level of superstitous belief you are seeing correlations kn things that are nlt necessarily related.

You've effectively cursed yourself.
>>
>>18292526
yw
>>
>>18294402
Can that even be classified as gay?
>>
>>18294402
I was referring to the power part.
>>
>>18294263
>Is it possible to call a demon who will give me power/s?
>>18294321
>Yes. He will fuck your ass for all eternity in exchange.
>>18294397
>Interesting,
>>
>>18294409

Thank you, i will try to apologise, i just need to put my thoughts togheter.

Thank you for your time and advise
>>
>>18294493
Apologize
>>
Is there a non plaintext book of lies in the library, and if not could we add one?
>>
>>18294493
Apologizing and forgiving are too very powerful alchemical tools. Especially forgiving.
>>
>>18294496
>>18294599

Dont worry i will tomorrow. I was going to apologize regardless (because i was the one on fault) but I need to take care of other things first.

Lets just say i am following the cards advise to wait until tomorrow (just in case), i can survive one more day even if whatever i have it's a real pain in the ass.

Again thank you guys. Sorry if I sound stupidly stubborn, it's a bad habit for a diviner to not dismiss completely the cards advice, even if logic dictates otherwise.
>>
>>18278873
Hello,

Can you please tell me if you have a book called "Wrathful Chaos - Five books on Satanic Philosphy"?

I'm looking for ages on it and no luck.

Also, I'm looking for something called Book of Loki. Might ask that as well.

Anyways, thank you for your work.
>>
This is the month I will claim my life back.
>>
>>18294696
FUCK OFF you've been asking on this board for that text for like three or four years, if I had it I'd have posted it.

>>18290415
>Mystical Islam
>I'm a Muslim. There's no such thing

Friday, 6 January

Registration Welcome and Introduction Keynote
Charles Burnett (The Warburg Institute)
Title TBA
Lunch Panel 1: Hermetism and Sabianism in Islamic Magic
Chair: Francesca Leoni Liana Saif (Université catholique de Louvain/University of Oxford)
Evaluating the Pseudo-Aristotelian Hermetica and Its Impact on Magic in Medieval Islam
Michael Noble (The Warburg Institute)
Sabian Occult Ritual as an Alternative Path to Human Perfection
Tea Break

Panel 2: Islamic Talismans—Arabic and Turkish, Sunni and Shi i
Chair: Liana Saif Francesca Leoni (Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford)
Wasila/Wasita: A Turkish Talisman
Maryam Ekhtiar (Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York)
Islamic Talismans on the Battlefield: The Sunni/Shiʿi Divide Exhibition Visit
Drink Reception Dinner for Speakers

Saturday, 7 January

Panel 3: Magic Squares and Indian Mages in Arabic Manuscripts
Chair: Francesca Leoni
Bink Hallum (British Library)
Magic Squares in the Renaissance of Islam: New Light on Early Arabic Literature Jean-Charles Coulon (Paris-Sorbonne University)
The Kitāb Sharāsīm al-Hindiyya and Medieval Islamic Occult Sciences
Coffee Break

Panel 4: The Brethren of Purity, Old and New
Chair: Noah Gardiner Godefroid de Callataÿ (Université catholique de Louvain) and Liana Saif
The Epistle on Magic in the
Rasāʾil Ikhwān al-Ṣafāʾ Matthew Melvin-Koushki (University of South Carolina)
Astronomers, Lettrists and Sultan-Scientists Mathematize the Cosmos: Neopythagorean Occultism at the Samarkand Observatory of Ulugh Beg
Lunch
>>
>>18294802
Panel 5: Occult Libraries and Their Contents
Chair: Matthew Melvin-Koushki Noah Gardiner (University of South Carolina)
The Occult Library of the Mamlūk Sultan al-Malik al-Ẓāhir Barqūq
Yasmine Al-Saleh (Dār al-Āthār al-Islāmiyya, Kuwait)
The Purple Talismanic Scroll
Tea Break

Panel 6: Amulets and Magic Bowls, Past and Present
Chair: Farouk Yahya

Roberta Giunta and Michele Bernardini (University of Naples “L’Orientale”)
Islamic Magic Bowls: Towards a Comprehensive Investigation
Christiane Gruber (University of Michigan)
Bereket Bargains: Islamic Amulets in Today’s Turkey
>>
>>18294802
It's good you have memory but your character is too swollen, as I've only asked once around 3 years ago.
>>
>>18294167
>Apologize to the person you pissed off.
>Try not to be a jerk to anyone else in the future.
That is never too wise. For one, you may get out of the lipstick list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68sRqrZZ6wQ
>>
>>18294802
I shamelessly link folklore and parapsychology ebooks I get here, on the pomf.cat file hoster.
Someday Anon might get lucky, please let it be.
Thanks for the link for purchasing the "Calcidius on Demons" ebook from Brill.
>still one week until payday
;_;
>>
I've done different variations of concentration excercise, and am now more often tha not able to keep my concentration on an object for 15-20 minutes without my mind wandering from the object although i'll sometimes be aware of other thoughts or sensations as well. When I can keep my attention on the object exclusively with no other intrusive thoughts for a few minutes, I find that if i like, or if i let my mind get a little dull, I can go into what i'll call visions, which i experience as similar to very emotionally intense, sense rich and extra-real feeling dreams, except that my psture doesn't change (back remains straight, head doesn't bob) and there's no sense of grogginess or sudden alertness when I come out of them. If i do it while focusing on a symbol or concept or phrase the vision will usually relate to it in a way that seems more direct than i'd suspect of a post hoc rationalization of a random stream of events. I've done this with tarot cards for instanceIs this the sort of state/experience occultists are in when they speak of things like pathworking, astral travel or skrying aethyr's?
>>
http://www.qabalah.dk/

is this site credible?
>>
>>18291182
>The [Arabs] who wrote the middle eastern grimoire tradition sure as fuck were [Muslim].

As Muslims, how did these writers reconcile their practice with the fact that the Quran explicitly forbids all forms of magic? And especially the conjuration of jinn and angels, which many grimoires are concerned with?

What about the fact that many of these "Islamic" grimoires include spells to win at gambling, which Islam forbids? Or the fact that magical potions (which are meant for consumption) often contain haram ingredients, including pig and dog products?
>>
>>18289399
I'm currently doing the first ones with the "imagine you're going to find money on the streets".
one week has passed and i found 3 coins, i know it's probably just because i started looking around for them but it's still weird
>>
>>18284372
>Attain to Knowledge of and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel.
Sorry, what's the purpose of this?

Actually, what would you say is the purpose of learning to practice magic? I mean, I understand the notion of trying to improve your reach in the world, but it feels that doing it through this sort of operations instead of just making the effort though nonmystical methods is, in a way, missing the point on selfimprovement. That's why I have a hard time understanding practitioners.

The former is an open question, not only directed to the Ape. So feel free to answer too, Anon, if you wish.
>>
File: 1439522713832 copy.jpg (574KB, 800x756px) Image search: [Google]
1439522713832 copy.jpg
574KB, 800x756px
>>18292632
>>18292640
>>18292649
I still want answers to this.
>>
>>18295529
probably impossible, but tradition says master pranayama
>>
>>18290415
top fucking kek

A huge part of Mysticism came with Islam (who was at the same time influenced by persian and indian) and influenced west "magick" for centuries.

Typical brainless ignorant muslim. They are doing a great job shitting on your brains.
>>
>>18295493
Wild guess here. Everyone knows the stark warning against use of magic in Deuteronomy. That never stopped Cabala and the development of its offshoots. The same principle is at work here: "The parts of the Holy Reading I like are the sacred word of the Creator, the other ones are just metaphors."
>>
>>18295483
More verbose than it needs but the rituals I've seen are real.
>>
>>18295529
Not possible. Most probably.

If you manage though, come back and teach me.
>>
First time visiting a "candle shop" that had someone who spoke English today.
Was funny but I think they were trying to just milk me for money.
>go in
>look at the incense for a bit
>then browse the shop
>pick up a few interesting shaped quarts, a small amethyst, and some really nicely priced moldavite
>not for any "magick" reason but because I am a nerd that happens to like rocks and minerals
>go to check out
>person at the counter starts playing 20 questions with me
>"so you working on dreams?"
>I tell her I dream just find, not knowing what she is talking about
>says that the combo of crystals I got is good for stuff like lucid dreaming
>Says she has a book on sale if I am interested
>I tell her I already can lucid dream just fine
>she finds this fascinating
>ask me a bunch of questions about it
>ask me if I am christian or on a different path
>when I tell her I ain't on any path she pulls out a big ass book
>says I should buy it and learn how to use my mind to its full potential
>book is like $50 bucks
>nope, my mind works just fine
>ask if I meditate
>yup
>ask how good I am a imagining stuff through a bunch of questions
>I honestly forget most of the questions after that
>tries to get me to buy more books
>I politely decline
>says I have "so much potentiality"
>tell her I am still not buying anything but the crystals
>she then hands me a book and tells me to take this at least
>"Wicca for beginners" or something like that
>tell her I ain't a wiccan and not really interested
>says I should read it anyway
>that it will blow my mind or something
>pay for my rocks an leave
>spend a good hour loling at the contents of the book

I think I am going to stick to the Spanish run places.
They may not understand a word I say, but at least they don't try to hard sell a bunch of BS when I just come in for some incenses or herbs.
>>
>>18294936
>once
Let's go to instant replay.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/search/text/%22wrathful%20chaos%22/page/3/

>>18295333
IJS if I had it it'd have been posted already.

>>18295419
Make sure you can do paranayama and asana for an hour before trying to hold still objects in the mind for over a half.

>>18295493
see
>>18295681

>>18295575
>Typical brainless ignorant Wahabi/Salafist/Khawariji
ftfy

>>18295515
Self improvement is for soccer moms. I'm here to unravel the Mysteries.

>what's the purpose
See: Totality and Infinity by Levinas. All religious revelations, great or small, are rooted in the experience of Face, or what the Hebrews called Adonai Ha Aretz, or the Muslims call knowing Allah in his Night of Power, or the Christians called Salvation, or the Buddhists called Bodhisattva/cultivation of Bodhicitta, or the Hindis call Samadhi, etc.

>>18295529
see
>>18295552
Any basic yoga manual: Shiva Samhita, Hathayoga, Raja Yoga, etc.
>>
>>18295753
>Make sure you can do paranayama and asana for an hour before trying to hold still objects in the mind for over a half.
I can, if with a great deal of pain, but why? Also, and i ask this a genuine question and not an indignant assertion of entitlement, why didn't you answer my question?
>>
>>18295730
Stick to the Carnicerias. They usually sell 7 day candles and so on.
And home made beef jerky, if you're into that type of thing.
I go for the Mexican Coke. Its made with real cane sugar, the old fashioned way. :)
>>
>>18294536
Would this one be better?
https://a.pomf.cat/eraoik.pdf

If so, I got it from http://invisiblehouse.org/thelemic.htm
>>
>>18295771
Physical stillness cultivates mental stillness. Also, I should probably note that a break in thought isn't a BAD thing, especially for younglings, nobody expects the new yogi to attain Mastery, just keep at it. It's not 'impossible', you're just at a plateau of practice right now and you'll need to find whatever niche puts you at the next plateau. Ask any athlete or artist, personal ability expansion is not a linear matter, you grow in quick fits and starts between long periods of normative function.

RE: Your question, I've noticed that 'astral projection' has a sorta dreamlike quality to it while skrying the Aethyrs is almost more like watching a play unfold or something through a fourth wall.

But most trance states in an occult context start with what you describe as a rough baseline. My shitty reductionist comparison is that 'astral projection' is to normal consciousness what lucid dreaming is to normal dreaming.
>>
>>18295788
Palo, say I wanted to seriously, for the first time, immerse myself in the Afro-Carib practices up to and including some Kamaina styled work (obviously sans the murder by anal rape with a stingray barb), instead of idly reading around the current.

My GUT tells me Quimbanda because of sigil resonances, but the Palo cauldrons are p. close to what I work in the moment anyhow and I've got the spare human bones, so.....?

What would you do in my shoes?
>>
>>18295799
thanks so much
>RE: Your question, I've noticed that 'astral projection' has a sorta dreamlike quality to it while skrying the Aethyrs is almost more like watching a play unfold or something through a fourth wall.
yes, i think i've had experiences that match both of those descriptions. Often with the sense that my sense-world was somehow a little distorted and extra-dense or unusually real, a sense i've also had on psychedelics.
>My shitty reductionist comparison is that 'astral projection' is to normal consciousness what lucid dreaming is to normal dreaming.
I don't understand what you mean by this, as I understand lucid dreaming to mean realizing you are dreaming and perhaps controlling yourself in the dream and/or controlling the dream itself. Astral projection would then be something like mindfulness and intentional action possibly with the ability to control one's environment. That doesn't sound right to me, what am I misunderstanding?

>>18295753
>See: Totality and Infinity by Levinas. All religious revelations, great or small, are rooted in the experience of Face, or what the Hebrews called Adonai Ha Aretz, or the Muslims call knowing Allah in his Night of Power, or the Christians called Salvation, or the Buddhists called Bodhisattva/cultivation of Bodhicitta, or the Hindis call Samadhi, etc.
Will i be able to understand Levinas without much background reading? I have no problem reading stuff like kant or foucault but was baffled by late heidegger.
>>
>>18295889
>>18295753
I dig Buber
>>
So is the only way to get into the occult to read dozens of long and convoluted books for years on end?
Is it one of those things that is all consuming and you can't really have other in-depth interest at the same time and expect progress/understanding?

Lastly, for it seemingly being such a extreme time sink, is it actually worth it?
>>
File: 1873785.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1873785.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>18295821
Work it into your correspondences.
Thats how I got started.
Good luck, I live in the ass crack of hell, and cant even get a decent Caracoles thrown in this town.

When I was really first starting to read up on things, I got Mignene Gonzales Whipplers Santeria: The Religion.
Its a good "laymen's terms" for beginners.
Shes coming from a Puerto Rican flavor.
Palo is a little more Bakongo than Yoruba.
The names have changed, but its essentially the same players.
Quimbanda and Condomble are South American flavor.
A tad darker. I lovingly refer to them and Santisma Muerta as the bastardized priests of Xipe. (I kid, I kid.)
They're a little more militant, from what little I know of them. Id hate to see their Ogoun. Cheeky bastards and their Baphomet.
But, I dont know what place youre at mentally.
Chaos and Sympathetic low magicks and root work go well with Afro Carib.
You may be a little too "over qualified".
>>
>>18295920
See: >>18284390
>>
>>18295920
The impression I have is that if you want to get really deep, it's going to become all encompassing. You can have other in-depth interest's and skill's, in fact it will be helpful, but they'll have to be directed towards the end of realization. Take what i say with a grain of salt though
>>
>>18295920
Everyone has different aims.
For example, I find magick and the occult extremely inspiring and entertaining and for now i'm just here for reading and collecting info (food for the brain).

But hey, other people get into practice in the beginning.
>>
>>18295681
>"The parts of the Holy Reading I like are the sacred word of the Creator, the other ones are just metaphors."
There are no metaphors in the Quran.
>>
File: god.jpg (204KB, 1600x1106px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
204KB, 1600x1106px
I have a question;
Are you all roleplaying? i mean that stuff interest me alot, but i don't want to play or anything
>>
>>18296129
>metaphors in the Quran
www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijel/article/download/42621/23303

At this point I can't tell if you're an ignorant Salafist or an ignorant hick.

>>18296249
see
>>18292145
>>18292462
>>
File: 1477723552632.png (1001KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477723552632.png
1001KB, 1920x1080px
>>18296290
Ah Ape;
What would you recommend to a beginner;
>>
>>18296297
?
In what? Without specificity, go with the beginner's folder.
>>
>>18281495
>>18281536
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1b_4Utnwf8DHE76uz38bC_2clNHU_xgv
>>
File: baptism.jpg (78KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
baptism.jpg
78KB, 600x399px
>>18296297
Magic the Gathering
>>
File: nottp.gif (22KB, 449x768px) Image search: [Google]
nottp.gif
22KB, 449x768px
I was reading about this today

> The Ars Notoria contains a series of prayers (related to those in The Sworn Book of Honorius) intended to grant eidetic memory and instantaneous learning to the magician.

but then I also read this:

>Among other who studied the powers of the Ars Notoria was John of Morigny, a fourteenth-century monk, who tried to achieve wisdom and academic mastery, became afflicted with otherworldly and demonic visions. After his unsuccessful try, he went on and created his own grimoire called Libor Visonum, while stating that the Ars Notoria was real and worked. However, it came at an extremely high price to the reader.

I like reading about Occultism a lot but I'd never try to summon a demon or something like that because I'm way too coward for it, however, photographic memory is something that I always wanted. It's specially weird to know that everyone has potential to have it, it's just that it's locked in our brain somehow.

So, any of you tried using the Ars Notoria? I feel that this sort of thing that helps you achieve your maximum potential is the only kind of occult ritual that I'd try
>>
>>18296290
Wow.. I didnt realise we had more than 1 is this RP question on here this time.
I was under the assumption the whole "it was just online RP" thought process disappeared into a black hole with all the early to mid 90s BBS/chat room pedos.

Buy honestly, what would I possibly personally gain from that? And, why would you waste the time and the energy, and possibly the money on building a mega library, that is bigger every time I see it, for a fucking role play?
>>
What philosophy do you think synchronizes well with what you are currently working on?
Also what are you currently working on?
>>
Is there anything in this that can help me get into the school of enchantment?

I saw that we had a divination general, I'm more interested in enchantment, though really, more into magic augmentation but I don't think that's possible or at least I haven't heard of anyome doing such a thing
>>
I just watched Doctor Strange. They mention the Key of Solomon and the while plot revolves around how reunification with The All is evil.

>>18295936
>collecting anime figurines
lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feUSTS21-8
>Query
>Gender
>Age
>Sign
>Song
>>
Would anyone be interested in having a medium session on /x/? Such as, channel (or astrally evoke because I'm a noob) a spirit and have a Q&A for anons.

Has this ever been done? Should I or will I just drown some poor timeless otherworldy demigod in shitposts?
>>
>>18297289
Now that I think about it, this would have to be real time. Forget about it.
>>
Is chaos magick the crossfit of the occult?
>>
I surprisingly rarely see people talking about afterlife in threads about occultism.
What are your stances on this?
>>
>>18297355
well if by crossfit you mean the most misunderstood, memeified and unjustly ridiculed exercise system then I'd say yes
>>
>>18297403
I'd say whatever your stance and opinion on it, the simile stands pretty well.

Anyway, I would like to praise Raphael for he is based and a really helpful fellow.
>>
>>18295753
Why do you like islam so much? just wondering.
>>
>>18297390
There is a continuum, ranging from spirit to matter, passing through everything in between, divided into several discrete levels, sort like the colors in a rainbow.
I will consider here three of these levels: physical, etheric, and astral.
The physical level is "ordinary matter". Beyond that there is the etheric level. The physical body is required to keep the structural integrity of the etheric body, mainly by breathing, and some other minor but essential functions.
When the physical body dies, normally the mind gets into a state of unconsciousness. Sometimes shit happens, and the dead is still awake. In this state the person is able to see etheric matter, but not physical matter. The etheric matter is mostly shaped the same as the physical. You would see a faint big ovoid enveloping everyone, but other than that, some people don't notice they are dead. These people form one of the many types of ghosts. Sudden deaths like in car accidents, when the etheric body is fully healthy, tend to generate quite strong ghosts, which sometimes are vengeful.
Normally the etheric body decays and dies in about one week without nutrition. But then, shit might happen again and things get interesting.
One wrench in the "first death", the one of the physical body (second death is when the etheric body dies), is drowning. Cold, still water holds etheric patterns very well, but with some side effects in the personality, which tends to become violent. And trying to take people with them. If you're thinking now Crystal Lake, well, that story wasn't entirely an asspull.
Another group of risk is security guards. Over time, they develop an ability to notice when they are starting to sleep (they learn how to notice early dreaming states, when a flurry of weird shit enters the consciousness) and then they wake up. Problem is, when they pass through the first death, they may wake up. As ghosts.
There's still more to be said, it will follow in another post.
>>
>>18297516
Another risk group is psychic vampires. These people, for several reasons, learn the trick of feeding off the etheric energy. When dead, if they wake up, these people would become true vampires--a formerly living human who feeds off living one's to avoid the second death.
There are also some martial artists. Many of those arts actually exercise the etheric body, and they derive some of their most impressive feats from that. Of course, these tend to create strong ghosts. Coupled with the, granted, rare narcissism of some practitioners, who could not take dying very well, these are also a potential source of nasty ghosts, or even worse, vampires.
Usians shouldn't worry about vampires. The etheric body detaches from the physical body for vampiric attacks. The way people are buried in the States first prevent the etheric body escaping from the steel coffin, second embalming destroys the essential etheric functions needed to keep the etheric body alive for longer times. But the first week after death is dangerous.
Anyway, after second death, the astral body remains. What happens then, in this realm made of mind, is more controversial. You should read more to make your own conclusions. I guess this stuff I typed now is a good start for your research. Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>18297390
Another thing. This is pretty much common sense stuff. You won't see this being discussed often, like subtraction not being a hit in math forums.
>>
>>18297531
This is interesting, but I have to ask for sources. Both for corroboration and followup.

I've read Bob Monroe's and Frank Kepple's thoughts on the astral afterlife and they're quite interesting too.
>>
>>18295753
>All religious revelations, great or small, are rooted in the experience of Face, or what the Hebrews called Adonai Ha Aretz, or the Muslims call knowing Allah in his Night of Power, or the Christians called Salvation, or the Buddhists called Bodhisattva/cultivation of Bodhicitta, or the Hindis call Samadhi, etc.

Even though some of these seem to entail an encounter with some divinity while others don't?

>>18295799
>Physical stillness cultivates mental stillness.

In other words, you essentially can't achieve one without the other.

>>18295889
>Astral projection would then be something like mindfulness and intentional action possibly with the ability to control one's environment. That doesn't sound right to me, what am I misunderstanding?

You're not understanding that astral projection and lucid dreaming are just two aspects of the same phenomenon, the former experienced while awake and the latter while asleep.

>>18295920
>Is it one of those things that is all consuming and you can't really have other in-depth interest at the same time and expect progress/understanding?

Either you're into it or your not, to be honest.
>>
>>18297639
>Even though some of these seem to entail an encounter with some divinity while others don't?
If we take the Kabbalists at their word, or even the Buddhists via the Pali Canon, not every experience of Face is inherently an experience of alterity; Buddha lectures on why some of us don't have Divine Vision or hear Divine Sounds.

>brotip: It's because of how you were raised to interpret divinity.
>>
>>18297510
I don't?

But I do think that Islamic Mysticism is a valid route to attainment and that the Wahabis/Salafists/Khawariji shouldn't be allowed to write the Islamic narrative when they've already been wildly successful at suppressing various forms of jurisprudence (fiqh, or sharia) that are incredibly liberal by Western standards.
>>
>>18296406
Ars Notaria's neat.

I've never actually used it.

That said, I HAVE used Art of Memory (google) in the form that Cicero and other Renaissance figures used to help get a leg up come exam time. Really all it boils down to is programming a well-set astral space with information that you'd like to know using an ordered recall or mnemonic method.
>>
>>18295968
>The impression I have is that if you want to get really deep, it's going to become all encompassing.

Pretty much this. Every aspect of your being is refined and dedicated to achieving your goal.

>>18296406
>however, photographic memory is something that I always wanted.

No, you don't. PTSD sucks.

>>18297355

In the sense that those who are into it cannot shut up about it? Yes. Same for vegans and libertarians.

>>18297390

Reincarnation is baked into my trad, but real success seems to me to be escape from that cycle.

>>18297644

Ghostly and I fought over this, early this spring. She basically argued that a vision on the road to Damascus in which one was convinced of the non-existence of God was somehow false.

>brotip: It's because of how you were raised to interpret divinity.

I was raised Methodist, then drug through the Thelemic and Enochian mangles, then wandered through Daoism into Mahayana Budhism and atheism. By this logic, it depended on where I'd arrived, not how I was raised.

Or, as I was convinced at the time, Patanjali was right along. There is only atman.

>>18297657
>Really all it boils down to is programming a well-set astral space with information that you'd like to know using an ordered recall or mnemonic method.

Best I can tell, this is how I navigate the 'real' world. I have a 3-D map of the entire house, for instance, and everything in it. It's how I know where stuff is, or should be, even though I haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>18297694
>Best I can tell, this is how I navigate the 'real' world. I have a 3-D map of the entire house, for instance, and everything in it. It's how I know where stuff is, or should be, even though I haven't seen it in years.
I use a circular/hexagonal area in the library. Lots of walls space and corridors.
>>
>>18280816
I don't think anyone can become a god,
however... in the past I made people swear to
honor and serve me then offer me some blood,
give me a signature. I felt very different after that, maybe that's just a placebo effect though.
wonder how I would feel if many people
worshipped me.
>>
>>18297746
>I don't think anyone can become a god,

However, one may discover that one is already a god.
>>
>>18297752
I believe its impossible.
Takes more than a few generous people to
consider oneself anything close to that.
Have a nice day though
>>
>>18297790
>I believe its impossible.

For you, probably so. I can only speak for myself.
>>
>>18297818
What makes you think that you the anon are a
god?
>>
>>18297833

Personal experience.
>>
>>18297879
I know its 4chan but I dislike insulting people,
but that sounds ridiculous to me. Maybe you feel
godlike when you do or did something but you doesn't make you a god it just makes you conceited. Open for you to make me think
otherwise, with or without insulting me.
>>
>>18297900
or just ignore what I say and go on "being a god"
like you do cuz hey that's a victory too
>>
>>18297900
>I know its 4chan but I dislike insulting people,

And yet you do it anyway.

Classy!

As I said, it's probably true for you.
>>
>>18297928
sorry, I just mean that without proof or info it
can seem ridiculous or conceited, but lets just
go and have a good day somewhere else.
we'll never have to speak to one another again.
>>
>>18297945
>we'll never have to speak to one another again.

>Don't talk to me or my son every again!
Ebin maymay.
>>
>>18297945
>without proof

It's an anonymous board, kid. There can be no proof of anything. All you have are whatever biases and assumptions you bring. You don't want to believe, so you don't.

I can just as easily argue that you pretending to sit in judgment of me is patently ridiculous and conceited.
>>
>>18297965
you certainly can and there certainly cannot
>>
>>18297390
Because we are not deist / nihilists obsessed with death.
Death is what it is, as it is being born. Being born is just as "mysterious" as dying. Why do people don't talk about it?
>>
>>18298140
He was referring to the afterlife as the state before and after death. It's assumed to be the same thing.
>>
>>18296290
The fact that you keep using "Salafist" as an insult just proves you have no understanding or respect for Islam as a religious practice. Stick to what you know, kid, that's taking it up the rump in your drug-fueled Thelema rituals.
>>
>>18298156

lel
>>
>>18297644
Do you perchance know the suttas where the Buddha talks about she not being able to see or hear the divine?
>>
>>18298156
>I'm a salafist, the post
Kek
>>
>>18298191
^^^
>>
File: 149158223.jpg (21KB, 203x186px) Image search: [Google]
149158223.jpg
21KB, 203x186px
>>18298156
>>
>>18298217
>hate modernity
>have violently reactionary conservative religious movement because of it
>but be philosophical modernists

You literally cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>18297630
In a single place? Get this book:
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf

Follow the bibliography.
>>
Shi'ite here.

I'm tempted to start studying Islamic magic just because it triggers salafists. Is the Black Pullet a good starting point?
>>
File: 1462830671272.gif (704KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1462830671272.gif
704KB, 500x744px
>>18297078
Should I even bother going back to college, or just work at a coffee shop for the rest of my life?
Female
Pisces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5E5U7qwGSY
>>
>>18297649
I see and agree. I just hope we as civilization don't replace the christists who today are really watered down, with islamists, which seems to be like christist in their worst age.
>>
>>18280194

The philosophers stone has been referred to as many things. The closest things I've found to the reality of it is kind of an interrelation between the pineal gland, the Christ, and sexual energy. A lot of times raw sexual energy I referred to as the stone. You usually see it represented by a black cube in alchemy. The pineal gland has also been called the philosophers stone cuz you know, trippy shit. There are also many references to christ as the stone, and that would refer to something like the spirit of god within you. So anyway those are some of the possibilities from my experience.
>>
If I manifest (pray, think) about something and then later when it occurs I reject it - what are the consequences if any?

e.g. this week I thought about a free meal. I got it offered today - the timing didn't suit me very well - then it was cancelled (not by me, but by the guy who invited for some arbitrary reason, I hadn't stated whether I was available or not). A couple of hours later I got a new invite from a business partner tomorrow. Now if I rejected this because lets say I am busy with school work. What will happen? (Other than he probably wont invite me again)
>>
>>18298247
Nice. Thanks anon!
>>
>>18297833
We are all divine in a certain sense, and have the ability to take on divine powers to act upon creation with relative ease.

Such a squandered potential nowadays though. I think of how glorious human civilization could be if there was a widespread study of spiritual alchemy, of the nature of magick paired with natural sciences, mathematics and aesthetics.

Alas Choronzon rules this world at the moment.
>>
>>18298319
This is not the divination general friend. Sorry.
>>
>>18298414
Usually it will keep manifesting until you take it or acknowledge it, but it could happen that due to your fear or belief in that it will stop manifesting, it will fizzle out. At least try to feel (actually feel, like, sit down and FEEL) gratitude for it. That usually makes it stop.

Don't convince yourself that you are killing your magick with those thoughts, though, you aren't. Just take the meal when you can (if it keeps manifesting) and try to cast only for things you are prepared to accept (because sometimes you might not have a choice).

Also if this was procured by a spirit it wouldn't hurt to thank that spirit in some way. Just make something up.
>>
>>18298414
Also if you are the armchair anon who I suggested he casted for a free meal as a way to get your feet wet, congratulations!
>>
>>18298486
>>18298489
Hi, I am not armchair anon - but now I remember why it entered my mind or subconscious, thanks!

I am pretty new to this stuff - I read this thread, had a thought that it would be funny if that meal happened to me. And then it did. I am not sure if I casted or had the help of a spirit! Is it possible to communicate this subconscious just by thought? As far as I have learned you need to penetrate subconscious through a ritual, but I didn't do that afaik.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing I am having a bit trouble articulating this.
>>
>>18298481
>Alas Choronzon rules this world at the moment.

Nope.
>>
I would like to say that I've been finally getting into evocation and I'm having my socks blown off. I didn't think much of it, but this beats the crap out of sigil and candle magick. I'm excited and hadn't felt this urge to not be silent for a long time. Only Archangels so far.

>>18298519
The thing with rituals is that they are a way (some theorize) of breaking through the "psychic censor" (your own doubts, ego, or even plain biological circuitry) and get what you want into your subconscious (or into the universe, as within...), as you already seem to have learned.

However, especially when you are a newbie on this, it can happen spontaneously because you haven't built up any natural resistance to it. This is what's called "beginners luck" in card games and such. I don't think you will find it this easy moving forward, but it's a nice way of getting you into this stuff in the first place.

>or had the help of a spirit
Unlikely, unless you consider your higher self or Holy Guardian Angel one such spirit (which you could). As far as we know, it could've been me who casted inadvertently, or perhaps some other anon tried and it ended up casting it for you too... Who knows?

>>18298529
Explain

Also, new thread needed.
>>
>>18298548
Thank you for the answer.

And thanks for the dinner invites.
>>
>>18298156
roasted!
>>
>>18298548
>beats the crap out of sigil and candle magick
I've always seen sigils and evocation as different methods meant for achieving completely different things, can you explain your comparison?
>>
>>18296874
pls respond
Is there nothing on enchantment?
>>
How do I cross Tiphareth?
>>
>>18298548
>Explain

We haven't left yet, for better or worse.
>>
Does anyone know where to find

THE HOLISTIC QABALA
A Practical Guide to
Contemporary Magick
by Philo Stone, 1983
(Richard and Iona Miller)
Updated by Iona Miller, 1999

It's a beginners book, looks like pathworking. All I have found is an old Tripod site with just some chapters on it (and an ugly ass presentation) and I've formatted it in a way that can be read (I think it's excellent so far).

https://mega.nz/#!NQJnUTAY!XnHKYcy7sBcG1EaDv6iVzG837f90u36lj3MdzZgEyXQ

But I'd really like to have access to the full text. Has anybody heard about it?
>>
Does anyone here still thinks that energy or spirit model of magic is real? there were a few events when I was genuinely confused and sort of shocked with what happened, but I continue to base everything on psychological model

how about you people?
>>
>>18298800
I started a materialist and atheist, but personal experience has forced me to consider at least a pantheistic model. It's definitely not all in your head, unless you consider the universe part of your head.
>>
>>18298838
sounds like a reasonable middle ground approach
>>
>>18295681
Quran tells us, in no uncertain terms, that those who practice sorcery will pay a most terrible price after death.

Do you really wanna take the chance that it might be a metaphor?
>>
>>18298800
>spirit model
Yes. (With zero evidence, it simply fits the phenomenology more neatly. I entirely concede the psych model could be a thing, I just think it's goofy to commit to either when we're in a shitty state of instrumentation or question weaving. Again, see the concept of Face; at some level, through some process, the Universe decides it's time to stop fucking around and condense into a personification with praetorhuman knowledge).

>energy model
Define? Generally, no, I think most 'energy' effects are endocrine based.
>>
>>18298842
Who are you going to trust?
The historical words of Muhammad (عليه السلام) filtering Jibreel's missive to all of Earth?

OR

The immanent and suffusing words of Muhammad (عليه السلام) to you as he gives a direct glimpse of Allah's Oceans of Mercy on His Night of Power?

Are you content to be told that the Angels have songs of beauty beyond mortal comprehension, or do you want to hear them?
>>
>>18298845
I'm concerned with possible consequences of spirit model "being real".

I mean, yeah you can go a little insane with mere self-hypnosis and shit, but if we assume outside forces and individual entities? Feels like one could get royally and perhaps eternally fucked. Religions and all the good vs evil shit comes to mind.

Thoughts?
>>
I asked in the /x/ discord but its kinda ded, so let me try here.

what's the /x/ consensus on franz bardon's initiation into hermetics? I guess its an interesting entry point but hot damn, it talks about everything under the sun
>>
>>18298479
Actually I have a pet project of getting all the books cited on the Monsters bibliography to electronic format. Due to my limited financial resources, new additions come slowly. It is not complete yet. Here it goes:
https://mega.nz/#F!J4pEhCzQ!MHa8PibmqRA7TpbGzT7kGQ
This is being hosted in a free MEGA account. Try to copy the files to your account using a browser if you can't get them due to transfer limits.

My next additions to it will be the second edition of Circles of Power, The people of the sea, The folklore of ghosts, Silkie! (all four already acquired and on my scanning queue) and Calcidius on Demons (which I'll buy in ebook form from Brill).
>>
>>18298933
>which I'll buy in ebook form from Brill
You're doing God's work now, anon.
>>
>>18298860
>Allah's Oceans of Mercy on His Night of Power

>2016 dude
>believing in Allah
>>
>>18280194
First off, you just visualized a red ball, nothing magical about it. Keep your imagination in check.

Next, explain the stone to me, the process etc. Until you can do this, you don't.

>>18281213
You don't know what you are talking about or what you are looking for. Jung is neither an expert nor at a level that would be considered a rarity as far as alchemy is concerned.

>>18298360
You are full of the most horseshit, but you also gave one line of actual information, so kudos. If you can tell me which line I will tell you more, otherwise, it is a lucky guess.

>>18281224
What is life? What is death? Why are you so flippant about not knowing shit?

>>18281234
Everything before Christian Mysticism was fine as well.

>>
File: teruslim.png (14KB, 474x387px) Image search: [Google]
teruslim.png
14KB, 474x387px
>>18299033
>2016
>not believing in Allah
>>
I know this thread is about to fall off the map...I mentioned on here last year, or the year before about how to buy graveyard dirt, how to make goopher dust, etc.
Before I have to go back to work next week Ive gotten the okay to go on a scavenger hunt for some of the ingredients to work on my Nganga.
I went way out in the boonies today scouting.
Im going to take my camera tomorrow, and Ill take some photos of different processes & OC to share.
>>
How do I into Hermetics? I know there's the beginner folder in the library, but I'd like to know if anyone has a suggested reading order that'll make things easier to understand so I don't fuck up.
>>
mega is such a bitch website, 2 times browser crashes for no reason during the download, it doesnt save the progress when downloading as zip and regular download downloads all the files without creating subfolders AND you have to be clicking "save as" for every individual file
>>
>>18299926
#FirstWorldProblems
>>
Okay, so I've just performed my first experiment with Islamic magic. I've created a talisman with a picture of a spider, and charged the talisman by reciting specific ayat from surah Al-Ankabut over it. The purpose is to repel all these spiders that have been running around in my house.
>>
>>18300074
Keep us updated
>>
>>18299108
Different anon, but the correct line is about Jesus Christ.
>>
Ape are you going to create new thread or should I do it? Discussion must continue.
>>
>>18300202
as you can see we already went almost 100 posts after bump limit, so why even ask? just add a link to mega
>>
NEW THREAD
>>18300301

NEW THREAD
>>18300301

NEW THREAD
>>18300301
>>
>>18298867
>Feels like one could get royally and perhaps eternally fucked. Religions and all the good vs evil shit comes to mind.

So what? It's nonetheless what appears to be going on, however you feel about it.

>>18299496
>How do I into Hermetics?

Corpus Hermeticum.
>>
>>18292683
selling your soul to a demon isn't worth the ability to float around
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.