[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 40

File: tiphareth.jpg (39KB, 379x474px) Image search: [Google]
tiphareth.jpg
39KB, 379x474px
Previously on /omg/
>>18278873

Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
How do i cast fireball?
>>
>>18300426
1d6 per caster level up to 10 for damage. Your target can throw a saving throw of reflex half.

You need a tiny ball of bat guano and sulfur though.

>>18299108
Was the answer Christ as the stone (you know, Tiphareth and all)? I want to know more if you have any insights to share.
>>
Anyone here know how to translate non-hebrew names into hebrew phonetically so that I can accurately use the rose cross. There are a bunch of "translation" bots that do a piss poor job so I want to do it myself so I know its right.
>>
>>18300456
http://stevemorse.org/hebrew/eng2heb.html

I know, it's another "bot". Besides knowing how to pronounce Hebrew, the best you can do is get pronunciation recordings for each character and pick the ones closest yourself. Besides, it's not like there is a unequivocal way to transcribe English words.

I only use the Rose Cross for angels with Hebrew names. You can always ask the spirit to give you the sigil if your visualization skills are up to par.
>>
I think something might have followed me home.
A while ago, on Halloween I went out and performed a ritual. The details are on this thread here.
>>18287340
TL;DR
>went to graveyard, spoke with spirits, bought Graveyard dirt.
>Saw something

Yesterday I found moss scattered in clumps outside my front door. I have no idea where it could have come from. I took some photos if anyone wants to see but it was just moss.

Then, last night, as I was just falling asleep, My dog suddenly jumped up and barked really loud, and he almost never barks.
So it startled me and I rolled over and sat bolt upright up, and I saw a black shape, leaping off the bed and out through the (closed) window. I had been lying with my back to the window.
My dog stood, facing the window and barked for a little bit and then ran outside (he has a dogflap in my window) and kept barking.
I managed to call him back, I didn't want him outside if there was something out there and he came back and cuddled up to me but he was still agitated, growling and looking around.

Whats your opinion /x/?
How fucked am I?
>>
where does one find spells here?
>>
>>18298867
>>
>>18300467
Do a LBRP before going to bed and after waking up for at least a week and come back.

It's probably nothing.

>>18300489
?
>>
>>18300489

>>18300588
>>
>>18300591
oh, I missed the response
thanks
>>
>>18300597

I'm not quite clear what's worrying you about this one.
>>
>>18300607
it would suck to end up in some sort of eternal hell for dabbling in the occult merely because some entity doesn't like humans doing that
>>
>>18300566
I was planning on making some charm bags, but the LBRP is a nice addition.
I didn't think of it because Im an idiot
>>
>>18300656
My personal experience hasn't brought me to believe your story as something that could happen, but I'll suspend my disbelief.

You can evoke Archangel Michael or pray to him for protection. Evoking is always more powerful.

>>18300618
I think every single bit of scaremongering regarding the occult (besides sloppy fucks who end up creating a hell of their own) is the work of the different churches throughout history keeping the general population from harnessing the power that is available to them.

Nowadays dismissal and ridicule is used to control non-believers, while bluepilled christfags and other religious people are afraid of some biblical hell.

Through astral travel you can actually check if the nature of reality is closer to that which the church tells you or to what eastern traditions depict. It's difficult to get there (unless you naturally pop out, as is common with children). But there is nothing like first hand experience.

There are accounts of astral travellers such as Frank Kepple and some channelers that say that "hell" is an astral construct people create upon dying if they are conditioned to do so (same with heaven and everything in-between, including "not existing"), but that you eventually grow out of it in one way or another (one thing What Dreams May Come got kind of right).
>>
>>18300618

Sure, but I honestly don't see how that follows.

>>18300677
>Evoking is always more powerful.

How so?

>Through astral travel you can actually check if the nature of reality is closer to that which the church tells you

lel
>>
As someone who doesn't enjoy sex, can esoteric paths lead to substantial pleasure?
>>
>>18300720

Did for me.
>>
File: tumblr_mbyseiLDrO1r9z6va.jpg (96KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbyseiLDrO1r9z6va.jpg
96KB, 500x334px
>>18300467
As St. Cyprian for protection.
>>
File: 974.jpg (100KB, 380x397px) Image search: [Google]
974.jpg
100KB, 380x397px
>>18300780
>>18300467

How to make one type of Florida water for a cleansing bath:

First, know how sensitive your skin is. I cant use this one, because I have extremely sensitive skin. I cant use anything with fragrances. I look at Poison Ivy and get a rash. One of the ingredients in this recipe can cause skin irritation if you dont dilute it well.

Ingredients:
- Goats milk - Most organic stores sell this now. If you dont have a store like this, drive around in the boonies until you find a place with goats. Ask them if they have any goat's milk you could buy from them. 1 fluid ounce is enough.
- A Lime
- Rue - Citrus farmers usually plant Rue around their Orange trees. If you are not in California or Florida, or anywhere with Citrus farms try hardware stores with gardening centers where they sell plants. If no luck, you can buy Rue extract oil online. Try Google shopping. I just found three stores selling Rue extract there. In Palo, Rue is called Ruda.
- Kosher salt - most grocery stores have this now.
- Pomegranate juice - even if all you can get is processed, like Pom Wonderful brand. You just need a little. You can drink the rest later, or give it to someone you know that likes it.
- Holy water - the catholic churches around here keep it in a little basin by the door. You only need about an 1 fluid ounce.

Now, get a soup pot and a gallon of tap water.
Get the water boiling, and put a sprig or a droplet of Rue in the water and let it boil. Theres no set time for how long you boil it. I wouldnt boil it too long, because you dont want to boil away all your water/Rue. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes should be okay.
Get a bucket and a strainer or a big flat flour strainer. The big strainers from a deep frier will work too, as long as its clean.
Let your Rue water cool down, and pour the water from the pot through the strainer and into the clean bucket. You want to catch the Rue leaves in the strainer. If a few get in the bucket, use a spoon to get them out...
>>
>>18300983
Now, cut open your Lime and squeeze the juice into the Rue water. Go ahead and use the whole Lime. You can use the Lime juice in the green plastic squeeze containers too. If you do that, use can use about 1 fluid ounce, or squeeze about what you think would be in a whole Lime.
Add about an ounce of the Pomegranate juice to the Rue Lime water. Then add about an ounce of the Kosher salt. When in doubt, maybe about 2 big tablespoons will do.
Then, add your ounce of holy water and ounce of goats milk. Get something thats big enough and clean and start stirring. Use common sense and stir how ever long you think it needs to be mixed well.
Now, get in your shower or tub with the bucket. Anywhere that you would clean when you are taking a shower or bath is where you want this mixture to go. Use whatever tool you normally would use to get it there. If you have any left over. pour it over your head.
Some people say to put the mixture in a bath of water and sit in it for 30 minutes. Its your choice how you want to do it. Just make sure you are completely covered in it. The hair on top of your head too.
After you do all of this, dont practice anything for 3 days. You probably need a break psychologically anyway.

If our suggestions dont work, take a nerve pill and get some rest. If you dont have a nerve pill, take a Benadryl. It does almost the exact same thing. You might just be overly anxious and low on sleep.
>>
I need a good amount of money (like 5k) ASAP without selling my soul, health and sanity to any kind of entity, but I can make offers if its needed. What practice or ritual do you recommend me to do?
>>
As a Thelemite, I'm happy to welcome team Clinton to the initiatory fold :^)

https://www.everipedia.com/spirit-cooking/

>>>In what is undoubtedly the most bizarre Wikileaks revelation to date, Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta was invited to a “spirit cooking dinner” by performance artist Marina Abramovic, to take part in an occult ritual founded by Satanist Aleister Crowley.
>>
>>18301128

Ha!
>>
>>18301125
Lemegeton. Find a spirit that's good with money, though if you need it for a specific reason (new car) you can usually find a spirit for that as well.
>>
>>18300467
Moss most likely came from your gutters, birds picking in them could kick it out.

Are you being followed by crows?
>>
>>18300471
pls
>>
>>18301125
Can the chaos magick sigil technique be enough? Like "Is my wish to get 5k dollars in 3 days"?
>>
>>18300471
>>18301149
I dunno, have you tried reading any of the books?
>>
>>18301147
I need the money for many things, but essentialy for my mother who is very ill. I always was interested in occult stuff, and I know that magick is not for play. I do this as last chance.
>>
>>18301180
You may want to go a traditional craft healing route, which sounds vague (because it is) but there are a lot of routes you could take; Santaria, Umbanda, etc., or, and this may sound harsh or dismissive but I mean it with love because I've seen this happen enough times in my life: Accept her passing and prepare the path for her soul rather than trying to cling to life. If there's a reasonable chance of survival, get boosts from wherever you can, if not, we all gotta die, man.
>>
>>18301152
I did a sigil for 3k and put it in my nightstand where I would see it every time I went to bed or woke up. After several weeks I charged and burnt it.

After some days I received in the mail a credit offer from my bank for 3k (first ever).

It wasn't exactly "free money" but I just did the spell to see if it would work. So that's good. It is said "the universe" finds the most probable shortest route to manifest your statement of intent.
>>
>>18301203
Also when I burnt it I got spooked the fuck out for no apparent reason. My whole apartment felt like there was someone there. It was very potent, but nothing bad came out of it. I think I got spooked because I was not used to sensing that shit more than anything else.
>>
>>18301191
>Accept her passing and prepare the path for her soul rather than trying to cling to life. If there's a reasonable chance of survival, get boosts from wherever you can, if not, we all gotta die, man.

I agree with you. In this case is about a chronic disease which is not only destroying her body but also her mind. Is very sad and if I can do anthing to help her I will do. Thanks bro, I will take your advice.
>>
>>18301209
There are a bajillion rites, prayers, and altar constructions for the dying or recently dead. Best of luck friend.
>>
File: 1478199158531.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1478199158531.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>18301128
>founded by Satanist Aleister Crowley
>>
>>18301234
>1234
I know mate it's fuckin' hilarious, I'm arguing with retards about it over in the Podesta thread.
>>
>>18301216
>>18301209
>>18301191
I don't usually chime in on /omg/ but traditional and folk is kind of my bag. I agree with AoT that its the right application for what you're doing. Something I always tell my clients though, is that they need to focus on the core of their problem. The core of your problem is not money, money is just another means to an end. You need the money because what you really need is your mom to feel better.

This is a major reason many peoples workings fail, especially in folk magic, because their intent isnt on their desire, it's on some interim "need". It can work if your focus is strong enough, but its the fastest way to muddlefuck it up.

Theres nothing stopping you from doing a little prosperity working for your money woes in addition, but the real focus here is on your mom, and the REAL focus is that you want more time with your mom. You know that ultimately she will pass, your REAL desire is more time with her to share and talk and do the things you want before she goes. Focus on that instead of a healing or money spell, ask for what you really want, more loving family time with her.

And as with all things, magic helps you with a goal, it doesnt do it for you. If youre asking for money or a job or health, you need to be out there helping the magic by looking for opportunities to make cash, get a job, or chasing down doctors and pursuing health.

Best of luck to you and your mother.
>>
>tfw you're getting paid fifteen bucks an hour to shitpost about mysticism on an webzone for Taiwanese puppet theatre
>>
>>18301306
tfw you aren't getting paid fifteen bucks an hour to shitpost on a mongolian yak herding trade show
>>
keeping it over here because it would only fuck up the discussion in the other thread, but I disagree with you on the argument that "not all occult is art and not all art is occult" Ape.

I'm personally of that opinion, now, not all art is good, and not all occult is efficacious but I do think they are one in the same in their effect.

I may have just been reading too much OAS and Moore, but Im very firmly in the camp of "magic is art and art is magic".

I suppose if your argument is specifcally that not all "occult orders" are artful, I can agree with that. I can also agree with the fact that not all art produces the magic it was intended to, but I do think that they are fundamentally the same thing.
>>
>>18301250
Dude chime in more often please.
>>
>>18301360
Videogames are art.
>>
>>18301366
Wanna buy a can of my shit?
It's art, I swear mate.

>>18301360
Depends on our criteria for art and performativity. I don't categorize most of my contemplative routine as 'art'.

>not wanting to fuck up the other thread
It's like you don't want to condescend to plebs.
>>
>>18301360
>Im very firmly in the camp of "magic is art and art is magic".

Hard to refute and I've tried. I can't extend this to the occult, though.
>>
>>18301375
Your can of shit does not qualify as a videogame. Thus not art.
>>
I want to speak to a spirit, preferably one that does not mind speaking with humans

It will be nothing but questions about their nature and the occult in general

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Is there a way to contact your holy guardian angel, I keep seeing that being mentioned here and there

I'm just looking for a being willing to answer my questions that isn't malevolent
>>
>>18301421
did I ask this at a bad time?
>>
>>18301375
>It's like you don't want to condescend to plebs.
oh no, Im fucking up that thread too, I just wanted an actual conversation about the topic with you, and thats hard to do in a shit storm.

>Depends on our criteria for art and performativity.
Yeah I suppose this may largely be an issue of semantic interpretation. For me, art and magic both are the practices by which we invoke and cause emotion, change, (especially social change), explore the sacred, the profane, and our purpose and place in reality. Both art, and magic chase these purposes, and they share a great number of practices and results. I agree with Moore that they are one in the same, and that a good biting satire is the blackest of curses, and that music is capable of great healing, these are magical effects in my book no matter how you cut it. The methods to acieving the magic are different, ceremonial, folksy or artistic, but the magic is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDXuCE7LeQ
>>
>>18301427
a detailed response to a query can take a number of hours depending on the time of day.
>>
>>18301404
lyl

>>18301421
Lemegeton.

>>18301430
Again, I agree w/r/t performativity, but the pomp and ritual isn't where the occult starts or ends, it's just another tool in a larger toolbox (in my very humble opinion).

For more on this...shit I'm missing my copy of Theatre of the Occult Revival.
>>
>>18301421
This isn't a direct answer to your question, but it's something to consider while you suss out a method.

When you walk down the street, do you assume that everyone you see is out to rob, mug, or rape you? Do you even presume that a majority of them are? Do you think it is fair to presume this about the spirits? Whether or not they are 'holy guardian angels'?

Do you think there is a possibility you have been mislead regarding the desires and purposes of the spirits, and are falsely under the impression that they all, or even a majority are malevolent.
>>
>>18301463
>pomp and ritual isn't where the occult starts or ends, it's just another tool in a larger toolbox
Of course not. Let's have an allegory, because I love me some allegories.

Two people want to build a chair, they both have the same intent and goal.

One of them, goes out and cuts down a tree, and then painstakingly removes excess wood, carves, and nails together a very nice chair which he then stains and seals with natural products he made himself, all of this without the use of electricity, or complicated tools.

The other purchases high quality lumber and stain, uses a series of belt sanders, saws, and expensive lacquers and stains. They used every power tool and chemical they could muster.

They have both produced a nice quality chair.

The starting point was the same, the end result was the same in that both chairs are nice quality and serve their purpose.

Both the men disagree with the other and state that "it cannot be a chair because it wasn't crafted the correct way".

If art, and magic, both set out with the same intent, and achieve the same results, they are arguably the same practice, regardless of method.
>>
>>18301463
>Lemegeton
you mentioned this already to someone, is this a serious response and if so, who is this, and how do I speak with him/her?

>>18301457
I meant that I noticed directly above my post was a talk about shit art

>>18301464
Considering the only consistent beings that I kept hearing about and as answers to my request were faes, djinns, demons, and enochian angels, I don't what to believe, considering all have had dangerous interactions with people and whenever the good ones pop up, they are dismissed as myth.

Which is why I'd like to speak to one.
>>
File: ae06.jpg (22KB, 276x369px) Image search: [Google]
ae06.jpg
22KB, 276x369px
>>18301427
It's all good. They are just distracted at the moment.

From my experience you are not going to get verbal communication. Unless, you believe in the abilities of mediums.
There are very very few mediums worth a damn.
Even some ethnic mediums are just in it for easy money, and not a passion for what they do.
There are no Witches of Endor.

What you are asking for, in my opinion based on my experiences, can not happen the way you want it to. Medieval folklore is just that - Medieval folklore.

Even most Omo Orisha are not going to sit down and have an indepth conversation with you when they are being Ridden. And, no one is going to have a Tambor just for you. Not a real one. :(
>>
>>18301482
Ah, fair dinkum.
>>
>>18301463
Can I evoke the Lemegeton spirits without all the ritual? I've been working with archangels and wandering spirits without even a circle (just the sigil and a couple of candles).
>>
>>18301477
Except if the method is the point of whether it's art or not.
>>
>>18301518
>Can I evoke the Lemegeton spirits without all the ritual?

Not really. You get out of this stuff pretty much what you put into it.
>>
File: DT8831.jpg (51KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
DT8831.jpg
51KB, 500x625px
I'm much too deep into this shit to stop now. I mean if it isn't real, what is the point of what I have been doing all these years, pracktising and pracktitioning, gathering up documents and reading? It would be all for nothing. Sure, there is some historical / sociological / psychological value to it, but that isn't enough for me, I need self-empowerment. I'm building a career out of this stuff! I must believe, it feels good to believe, I want to believe, it is beneficial for me to believe. This is what my beliefs tell me.
>>
>>18301529
wtf are you on about? Dude, it's meds time.
>>
>>18301507
Very interesting
Is there at least one medium who is sincere in their channeling? Or was that a figure of speech meaning that it is a dying practice? Are there any names?

What is an Omo Orisha, or a Tamblor?

Or more pressing, if not VERBAL communication, like I would with someone over a cup of tea, then what ARE my options?

Please don't say astral projection, I've tried, I can only recall one scenario where I was fully aware and when I wanted to, well, test out if I could have sex, I was actually blocked by someone who pushed me back with one hand and when I pleaded, they simply shook their head no

I couldn't tell you if that was AP or just a dream, but I've had little success with astral protecting, much more with lucid dreaming
>>
>>18301528
Do you speak from experience?
>>
>>18301482
Lemegeton is a book.
>>
>>18301548
>Is there at least one medium who is sincere in their channeling?

I don't get this. Scrying isn't that arcane.

>>18301550
>Do you speak from experience?

Pretty much. It's true of all ceremonial work. With the Goetia, you can cheat on some of the equipment, but it's kinda dumb to cheat on the ritual. How lazy can people be?
>>
>>18301571
I'm lazy, but also sort of purist. I believe since magick is a part of us and of the universe around us, the mind, emotions and visualization should be the only thing truly necessary for magickal operation.

If you can open the sigil of Raphael, for example, and ask for legit information without any other implements (as I have done in the past), why would it be indispensable to go through countless loops for other spirits?

If it is possible to go into a trance and ask for a wandering spirit's sigil, to have it shown to you in your mind's eye and then have a telepathic conversation with that spirit (as I have done) in a way in which you can basically write a grimorium of your own, why would you need to perform all that complicated fluff?

I'm not saying it's not useful or helpful, but is it necessary? I'm asking because these spirits have a reputation and I don't want to bring bad shit my way.
>>
>>18301582

When Raphael is taking possession of people in your environment, then I'd call that success.

>I'm not saying it's not useful or helpful, but is it necessary?

Not if you're satisfied with what you're getting. You don't have to take any of this seriously.
>>
>>18301548
It's not something you are going to achieve in a couple of months, perhaps of years, but I would look into what's called "astral evocation" (poor man's evocation).

In any case, start by taking a look at a YouTube channel called Psycho Sorcerer.

It's going to be a long journey though, keep that in mind.
>>
>>18301595
>Not if you're satisfied with what you're getting. You don't have to take any of this seriously.

I don't quite understand. Is there that much more beyond this?
>>
>>18301609

Of course.
>>
>>18301507
That black woman is handling that cock really well. Heh.

Are you that rootworker from a few threads ago? Is this your new trip? or are you someone else?
>>
File: popful eager.jpg (96KB, 799x454px) Image search: [Google]
popful eager.jpg
96KB, 799x454px
Shi'a Anon here.

So, last night at around midnight, I created a talisman to ward off spiders. Today as I was sweeping outside, I noticed that a web, which had previously been home to a rather large orb weaver, was conspicuously vacant. Huzzah, my spell was a success!
>>
>>18301548
If you want to learn how something works, usually the best way to understand completely is to find the thing and teach yourself how to use the thing. push it around, turn the gears, try to take it apart, try to put it back together. Find the guy who uses the thing everyday, have him turn it on and show you what it does.

You are not going to find a medium with a name that anyone knows. Its probably someone, who lives in the middle of BumFuck Madascar in a hut. They are half insane, and no one takes them seriously anyway.

Its on its last leg, and that leg is scheduled for immediate amputation. Ive only heard 1 ten year old annecdote about a medium from someone I would trust with my life, and then he wouldnt give out her name.

Ive heard Omo Orisha explained different ways. Just like there are 2 types of Zombi, what Ive gathered there are 2 types of Omo Orisha. There is the physical person, the body that is initiated and devoted to a particular Orisha. Then there is the spiritual Omo Orisha, the one that is "seated on the head" or "rides the horse".

Tambor is a ritual ceremony with bataa drumming and dancing and some of the Orisha may descend and have brief interactions with each other or other participants.

But, back to that thing that you want to know how it works. Im not sure why you are wanting to know an aswer to this question. Have you never done anything, or very limited practice. Most users after some trial and error come up with their own explanation for how it works. I dont think anyone is ever explicitly told by anything or anyone why it works or how to make it work. part of me ishping that when we have some more solid info on String Theory it may be explained.

What you will get is very subtle non verbal hints. More than likely a string or strings of synchronicities. If you are too self absorbed you will miss them. If you are too skeptical you will explain them away. A puff of smoke in the wiind, blink and you will miss it.
>>
>>18301655
Im not talking scrying.
Im talking about a spirit medium who speaks for the dead or other spiritual entites.
>>
>>18301654
Nifty. Thanks for keeping us posted.
>>
How do I summon a Succubus?
>>
>>18301616
Cmon give me a little more.
>>
>>18301696
Go make a thread about it, and then I'll report it, and a janitorial semen demon will suck the life-force from your thread.
>>
>>18301617
Probably not the same person.
There is one other that has been here longer than me.
I only do rootwork because I havent received my Eleke or Asciento. The closest House is about 3 hours away from me, so its a bit of an investment for me to physically get down there.

I do know who my Omo Orisha is, and I do keep a small altar, and Im working on the materials needed for my Nganga. Just to give you an idea, Nganga if someone gives you the materials or a pre made one can cost upwards of $3k. Im scavenging materials the old fashioned way.
>>
>>18301699
PLease just tell me how to suckybus
I'm desperate
>>
>>18301718
>he doesn't want jani-chan to milk the hot gooey life-force from his posts
Fag.

>>18301701
>$3k
So you're telling me I could make and sell some online for 1000 and make bank?
>>
>>18301726
>he practices the occult for reasons besides suckybus
>>
>>18301726
Yes.
2 years ago on Ebay a man was selling the iron impliments of Zarabanda on Ebay for around $300. Old rail spikes, a pick axe head, and a couple of other things. He said he bought for someone else's Nganga but the person didnt need them. He was selling them as parts for Nganga.
He was selling them in the Everything Else section.
>>
>>18301557
I found this
http://azjeh666.angelfire.com/Goetia_Luciferian.pdf

Which goes straight into warnings about not getting lazy and letting spirits control you, and Belial, Satan etc

Not dismissing this, but, considering all I've done is try to astral project and mindful meditation, I'd like to hear safer options before I decide what route to take

>>18301596
Well, I still haven't astral projected, but it's not like I gave up, I just simply have normal or lucid dreams. This also seems interesting

>>18301655
>how something works
?
Regarding what, speaking to spirits? Astral Projection?

If it's about speaking to spirits, well, you've already explained that I can't really find a guy who uses the thing, and I have no idea where to find the thing, save for the Goetia and astral evocation, both worth looking into

>I'm not sure why
Curiosity about how beings think, and work. They are usually spoken of as intelligent beings, where did they learn that intelligence, what makes them what they are etc. We have doctors and anthropologists for humans, I'd like to learn about everything not human, and what they think about us.
>have you ever done anything
No, not occult. Just the dreaming and meditation

>what you will get is very subtle non verbal hints
That is a shame, I can see that as an application for needing something or asking for some direction, but that seems a bit simple for my inquiry about them specifically

>>18301696
Classic.
>>
>>18301523
>Except if the method is the point of whether it's art or not.
Im trying to parse this sentence...

So you're saying that the exception is when the point of using a particular method is whether it's art or not? Im not sure I understand the argument. There is as much expression in magic as in art, and as much skill and craft required in magic as in art. Likewise there is as much or more social change associated with art as with magic, and it evokes powerful effect just like magic...

Can you give me an example of an exception where the choice of method determines whether its art or not?
>>
>>18301740
>being a slave to your lower nature
>>
>>18301701
>>18301617
Not the same person, I'm actually the rootworker from a few threads ago you're talking about, I dont usually trip in /omg/ because I don't see a purpose to it.

I do monitor the thread regularly though and am around.

PaloChan seems very knowledgeable and Im glad to have them around though. Our traditions/paths are a little different but it feels like kin to me.
>>
>>18302022
PaloChan's one of my favorite contributors.
>>
>>18302010
I don't know. I was just shitposting a bit.
>>
>>18302023
Agreed, they seem very helpful.

Id also just like to comment to PaloChan regarding the three hours to the local house:
I am over three hours away by PLANE from anything that could be considered an official channel for my faith. Please please do not let a little barrier like three hours deter you. We are precious few and should be representing ourselves and our traditions with authenticity and seriousness. I would love to be even three hours from someone locally who could give me more initiatory training and involvement. It may seem like a long way, but dont miss an opportunity.
>>
>>18301235
Which thread? I'd like to read it.
>>
>>18301595
When you say taking possesion, do you mean to the extent that the person who may not have known you were working with archangels suddenly says "hello, it's me, michael, do x, y and z"? Would you please be willing to share an anecdote or example?
>>
>>18301529
Sunk cost fallacy; if you've been doing it for years and still aren't sure it's real, isn't that a good reason to stop now? Rhetorical question, i'm telling you not asking you.
>>
>>18301477
Marina Abramovic, godmother of performance art turned oprah endorsed pop-guru said something along the lines of: if it's performed for a crowd it's art, with a crowd religion, by yourself spirituality. I think that's right if there aren't supernatural beings, and maybe even if there are.
>>
>>18301464
>When you walk down the street, do you assume that everyone you see is out to rob, mug, or rape you? Do you even presume that a majority of them are? Do you think it is fair to presume this about the spirits? Whether or not they are 'holy guardian angels'?

Spirits, if they are what we've traditionally thought them to be, aren't part of a human community and don't necessarily have huuman motives or thought processes. A better analogy might be to aliens or intelligent animals. It would then be good to be on guard.
>>
>>18302115
>if it's performed for a crowd it's art
I disagree because there is much that is done for crowds, that is not art.

>with a crowd religion
therefore riots and walking down a busy street in Manhattan is religion?

>by yourself spirituality
So spirituality can never be experienced in a group setting, like say, here?

I think this is just more puffed up nonsense from a self-important "artist". None of these assumptions hold water. I think that the existence of supernatural beings is irrelevant to the definitions honestly.

Magical practitioners invoke spirits and energy both for the public, in private, and with a small group. Artists make art for large groups, small groups, and alone by themselves, people practice religion by themselves and get results, they also practice spirituality in front of crowds... it makes no difference, the intent and the goal of the work is what dictates who sees it, when, and why. Its not a barometer for its legitimacy as art, religion, or magic.
>>
>>18302139
>I think this is just more puffed up nonsense from a self-important "artist".
^^^
The woman obviously has zero clue what she's rambling about when it comes to Thelema and/or magick.
>>
>>18302121
no of course they arent, but let's be frank here... the demonization of spirits is a mostly abrahamic tradition thats been ground into popular culture. No one who actually works with these spirits sees them that way...

The assumption that they are malicious simply because of some arbitrary title is probably short-sighted.
>>
>>18301746
Astral evocation isn't astral projection at all.
If you want safer options try archangels.

Hell, try sigils and candle magick first.

>>18301595
Do you have any first hand experience with that kind of possession? Are you saying that I'm playing with fire by not using a circle and a triangle?

Can someone please give me a straight answer to this? What is the problem with working with Goetic spirits or spirits in general without using a circle or triangle, just using gnosis on the sigil and performing banishings before and after the ritual, with no tools or implements besides candles for illumination? What are the cons, specifically?

>>18302121
This makes sense.
>>
>>18302145
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39225
>>
>>18302052
https://files.catbox.moe/dqw8cv.png
https://files.catbox.moe/elaxn9.png

It was a mess.
>>
>>18302139
>I disagree because there is much that is done for crowds, that is not art.
To be clear, i don't think that any of the three categories are natural kinds, and any formal definition is going to include some things that don't fit and leave out some things that do.
>>18302139
>therefore riots and walking down a busy street in Manhattan is religion?
My point wasn't that anything that's done in a crowd is religion, but that when the sorts of things which are done as art or spirituality are done in a crowd that tends to be called religion. If you pray the same prayers or do the same meditation technique as a group of people that's religion, alone it's spirituality. If a group of non-participants watch you, that's art. You could find exceptions, if a group of atheists invited a priest to address them and he began with a prayer you wouldn't call it art, but the experience would have more the ambience of a performance in a theatre than if he had been leading a service or praying before bed. Or take song, groups of people sing together most commonly through history as religious congregations, there are also secular group singing rituals like songs for one's club, or millitary group, or national anthems, while we don't call them religious there is something religion-like about them. I don't think there is anything spiritual about about somebody doodling or sining to themselves, but i think it works more or less if you restrict the generalization to formal practices. We wouldn't object I don't think to somebody categorizing as spiritual working hard to attain formal singing prowess for nobody but themselves or spending hours on a painting they won't hang up anywhere.

Your objections are reasonable, but i think the distinction is generally pretty insightful
>>
>>18302145
I have invoked various Goetic spirits simply by silently vibrating their name in my mind and mentally visualizing what I would like them to do and with great success. Sometimes I would vibrate their name aloud 40-50 times and then visualize my desires. Success about 90% of the time. Once they did what I wanted I would thank them and dismiss them. Usually perform the LBRP afterwards for safety but not always. I would not do this for some of the more nefarious Goetic spirits, as I do not consider it safe. I have used this technique for years with no ill effects. For fun I would invoke a spirit put it on my shoulder and go to someones house that was psychic and they would often remark about the spirit on my shoulder! Great fun!
>>
>>18302144
You are right,and i didn't want to reinforce that paranoia, I was hoping to point to a middle ground because I was concerned that someone inexperienced could understand the post i replied to as saying that an invocation could be taken as lightly as striking up a conversation with a stranger.
>>
>>18302194
I understand all your points, but let me make a counter, as a final argument on behalf of my method of thinking.

Let us say that I wanted to inspire say... courage, and strength. Theres a number of talismans, herbal charms, chants, prayers, or candle magic kind of stuff I could do, and it might work. I could also paint a beautiful and evocative painting of soldiers cresting a hill holding aloft a banner before descending into battle. This too, would perhaps work. In both cases, a craft (painting or spell craft) have been used to invole a specific feeling for the desired outcome. I could do this either for myself, for a group, or for hanging in a museum for the public, at the end of the day it still does what it was designed to do, and most likely, upon whom it was designed to do it.

I agree that there is some merit in separating the two, but I think it's the same merit as separating music from sculpture.

Art, magical craft, group thinking, group emotion, harnessing creative ability (both physical and energetic) to encourage change or evoke feeling are all forms of magic.

I think that there is more to gain from understanding their similarities than their is to be gained from attempting to separate them as fundamentally different operations.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said:
>while we don't call them religious there is something religion-like about them.
There absolutely is, nationalism is the worship of an egregoric figure in the nation-state. I think if we understood this correlary we would be much closer to something like a unified field theory of magic. Perhaps walkign down the street in manhattan with a group of strangers with similar intent, is, in its way, a ritual observation that is invoking some sort of change.

If these focusing of human energies, emotions and thoughts onto a goal operates the way I think it does, we literally never stop doing magic, it's just that some of us pay attention to how we are doing it.
>>
>>18302200
>>18302200
>taken as lightly as striking up a conversation with a stranger.
This is another thing not to be undertaken too lightly... but I understand your point. I guess my argument is that if you are working with a spirit whos fundamental signature or purpose is contrary to what you would feel is "good" or "right" for what you're doing, you're going to have a bad time. If you want to sit down and have a conversation, perhaps you want to invoke something air-y, mercury, hermes, exu, someone who can hold a conversation and knows about this stuff. A less likely person to speak to would be someone like a goetic duke, who really would prefer you not fucking bother him with your questions about reality.

To make a little allegory again, the dude wearing a shirt that says "have a nice day" is probably much better to converse with than the guy with a shirt that says "eat shit and die". The spirits largely wear their purposes on their sleeves, I have, actually, wondered in the past if spirits are even capable of outright deception. I have a theory that spirits are incapable of acting in ways contrary to their nature and purpose, and may even be incapable of lying. Any deception we experience with working with them, is probably self-deception.
>>
>>18302142
>Thelema and/or magick
Where did she talk about crowley? Not an expert, but she seems knowledgeable about balkan folk magic.
>>
>>18302195
>Using a demon's power instead of generating your own
Asking for trouble
>>
>>18302285
How exactly do you "generate your own power"?
>>
>>18302142
I just got back from a field trip.
Riddle me this, Batman...what the heck was she trying to do? Rite of the Pheonix?
I just keep seeing references to bodily fluids, so I thought I would ask.

>>18302047
I dont always trip, but when I do its because I want to be sure whatever Im discussing is known to be from me and its easy to pick out from the crowd.
But, I do visit other boards from time to time without a trip. Actually its been about a year, I think, since the last time I popped in.
>>
File: Krishna.jpg (200KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna.jpg
200KB, 900x660px
>>18302296
You have to put your linga in a girl's yoni
>>
>>18302261
I don't think we disagree here, and this conversation wouldn't have taken the form of an argument if i were clearer. Roughly, I think we'd both agree that you can make meaningful and useful if imperfect distinctions between the three categories, but that they overlap in theory and practice and a pragmatic interdisciplinary approach is for the best. I apologize if i've mischaracterized your view.

>>18302261
>If these focusing of human energies, emotions and thoughts onto a goal operates the way I think it does, we literally never stop doing magic, it's just that some of us pay attention to how we are doing it.
There is a sense in which this meme is true and it can be useful to open a new perspective to someone who hasn't been exposed to it, but if you take it too seriously and adapt it as your definition of magic, magic ceases to be a meaningful term. Roughly: it's good poetry, bad theory.
>>
>>18302267
>deception we experience with working with them, is probably self-deception.
On the most literal straightforward level, spirits have lied to me and to others in the past. Assuming i'm telling the truth, would this just mean you are mistaken, or do you have something subtler in mind.
>>
>>18302298
It's literally nothing.
>>
File: tumblr_nbdq1fNxnp1tdwlnso2_500.jpg (41KB, 450x314px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbdq1fNxnp1tdwlnso2_500.jpg
41KB, 450x314px
>>18302323
I know that. You know that too.
I noticed you mentioned Butler previously.
The MOMA trailers are always better than the full on show.
So, if shes worse than Butler, Id probably shoot my brain out so I wouldnt have to sit through it.
Love the trailer for Babylon Working, but doesnt hold a candle to Invocation of my Demon Brother.
>>
>>18302341
Original sound = best sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kHNVGBGHRg
>>
>>18302298
>Rite of the Pheonix?
>I just keep seeing references to bodily fluids, so I thought I would ask.
I don't know the work in question but I doubt she was referencing anything. A lot of what she does is sort of ascetics as art; having people watch and interact with her as she does physically challenging and painful things. She also likes to put strangers in positions of unusual intimacy. That's probably why the bodily fluids.
>>
>>18302361
what she does is more like magic in the houdini sense
>>
>>18302296
not masturbating, duh. the bigger the load the bigger your power.
>>
/pol/thread/96146893
If anyone want's to go redpill a cuck
>>
>>18302632
>literally me
>>>/pol/96162674
>>
File: 2383.jpg (10KB, 132x160px) Image search: [Google]
2383.jpg
10KB, 132x160px
>>18302668
Good thing I'm not a tripfag or else I don't think I'd be able to live this one down XD
>>
>>18302678
>see shit spammed all day
>want to have some fun at /pol/'s expense
>literally use every debunked garbage christfag argument thrown at these threads over four years to FUNpost

You're acting like this website isn't a cesspool of trolling to begin with.
>>
>>18302306
>wouldn't have taken the form of an argument if i were clearer.
Oh Im really sorry if it came off that way I didnt mean to be argumentative, apologies.

>Roughly: it's good poetry, bad theory.
I take it fairly seriously and Ill have to take your words under consideration, thank you.

>>18302312
>would this just mean you are mistaken, or do you have something subtler in mind.
Im most likely mistaken, I suppose this would especially be true if a part of the spirit/force/thoughtforms pattern was in fact deception.
Though I do think theres something more subtle to it... I dont believe that spirits deceive in even remotely the same fashion as we understand it, i.e. a petty pull the wool over your eyes trickery, its a much more complex thing for them to "lie" than it is for us I think. I dont think their consciousness works the same way ours does. I dont know it's not a fully formed thought in my head. I guess suffice to say I think that the only ones you really need to worry about being deceptive and tricky are the ones for whom, deception and trickery is a major part of their 'pattern'.
>>
>>18302811
do you get all your ideas from elder scrolls lol? you fucking people
>>
>>18302816
would you care to elaborate on this thought? I mean I know that half-hearted ad hominem is the primary currency of the internet, but Id be interested to know what you mean.
>>
Any good tv shows, movies, cartoons, video games, basically forms of media/entertainment that are about the occult or have occult themes in them?
>>
Alright so, I learned most of my magick from learning about Law of Attraction and just basically winging it from there. Thinking positively about the goal, letting go of the anxiety around achieving it, and then waiting. The results are what you would expect, very sporadic and based on well, sheer luck. There isn't much of a method to it, but it does work. Synchronicity does bring about the right outcome at times, surprisingly even. But actually, I don't think I know very much about the mechanics of magick at all, and am basically grasping in the dark.

Do you guys think learning a method to practice magick would be helpful, or do you think I should just continue winging it? I'm beginning to think that maybe there is something to the systems of magick, the rituals and all, maybe that has more cementing effects to the process of manifesting desire.

If so, any recommendations where to begin learning? I wouldn't say I'm a beginner per say in practice but I lack the vocabulary to understand the magick systems.
>>
>>18303387
Beginner's folder in the library.
>>
>>18302692
Why donyou hate /pol/ so much? Come back to home, fascist friend.
>>
>>18300301
Are there any books in the library on Sacred Geometry?
>>
>>18301669
>Im not talking scrying.
>Im talking about a spirit medium who speaks for the dead or other spiritual entites.

I am not seeing a meaningful difference.

>>18301698

And some will eventually join the archangels in their own realm. This isn't just talking to imaginary friends.

>>18302089
>When you say taking possesion, do you mean to the extent that the person who may not have known you were working with archangels suddenly says "hello, it's me, michael, do x, y and z"?

Usually a bit more subtle. They assume you're paying attention and, if not, your loss.

>Would you please be willing to share an anecdote or example?

Not really. I'm not here to entertain you.
>>
>>18302145
>Astral evocation isn't astral projection at all.

No idea what this might be.

>If you want safer options try archangels.

Except that they definitely are not safer.

>Do you have any first hand experience with that kind of possession?

Of course.

>Are you saying that I'm playing with fire by not using a circle and a triangle?

Honestly? I doubt you have sufficient personal power to put yourself in any real danger. Sorry.

>What is the problem with working with Goetic spirits or spirits in general without using a circle or triangle,

It's perfectly safe, so long as you continue to fail at it. You're only at risk fucking around like this if you happen to succeed in actually evoking a Goetic demon.

>>18303663

The Canon, should be there.
>>
Got interested in Ars Notoria which an anon mentioned last thread ago that led me to Claire Fanger. Turns out Claire Fanger who did Conjuring Spirits (which I haven't found an online copy yet) and Invoking Angels (newer scholarly text on summoning), published a translation of John of Morigny's Liber Visionum titled Liber Florum Celestis Doctrine: The Flowers of Heavenly Teaching along with a commentary on it on another book titled Rewriting Magic: An Exegesis of the Visionary Autobiography of a Fourteenth-Century French Monk last year. To those who've read Claire Fanger's work what do you think of her writing and of Ars Notoria?
>>
>>18303930

Fanger's a godsend. Excellent work. I recommended her in a recent thread. Haven't read, Conjuring Spirits, yet. Invoking Angels, is quite good. The new scholarship on the Honorius tradition is very interesting, providing perhaps a praxis suitable to Dee's angelic material.

I'm a bit less informed or interested in the Ars Notoria.
>>
>>18300301
I'd really like to try spells and shit but, my religion prohibited any interactions and offerings to spirits. If I do that, all my good deeds that I made throughout my life will be rejected.
>>
>>18303920
>>18303911

I'm going to asume this is samefag and by tutatis you are a fucking puffed up gigantic faggot.

Check your magusitis at the door, friend. Egomaniac armchair little shits are not welcome here.
>>
>>18303920
>>Astral evocation isn't astral projection at all.
>No idea what this might be.

Look up the /sum/ pastebin. "Astral evocation" is explained at the end. Basically doing the ritual in your head instead of materially.

An example I just googled up:
http://www.sacred-magick.com/Main.html?http://www.sacred-magick.com/Practises/Small%20Astral%20Evocation.html

Although you should stick to standard evocation until you get some experience and know how it all works together. This is not really that useful to beginners.
>>
>>18304039

Sit down, loser. Your feels are boring.

>>18304049
>Basically doing the ritual in your head instead of materially.

Okay. Thanks. I thought we all did that. I'm not seeing what's special about it.

>This is not really that useful to beginners.

On the contrary. If you can banish, for instance, without needing a script, then you can banish on the astral. I used to do the LBRP each night before going to bed.
>>
>>18304021
Your good deeds are part of your soul, not points on a cosmic entity's scoreboard.
>>
>>18304062
^^^
>>
>>18304021
You would do well to question why is it that your religion prohibits harnessing a power that is innate to every human being ever.

Besides, offerings are not really necessary. Many spirits are glad to work for you as long as that work aligns with their nature. They are not people, but energies looking to fulfill a purpose (the personification comes from you really).

Would you feel more comfortable interacting with God? He can work miracles for you, too, and you don't have to fear offending anyone as long as you are doing His will.

Research how to get into a state of gnosis (also known as trance, theta-gamma sync or gamma state) and use that to pray to your religion's God. See where that takes you.

And remember that God does not speak using words (rarely at least), but using your subconscious, spontaneous thoughts in your head and coincidences and meaning in the physical world.

Good luck!
>>
>>18304079
>They are not people, but energies looking to fulfill a purpose (the personification comes from you really).

That is far from clear, to be honest.
>>
>>18304083
Energy is intelligence, you yourself are energy and everything around you is energy but in varying degrees.
>>
>>18304083
Fair enough. They certainly can manifest both in a personified and in a more archetypal "non-conscious" (egoless?) way. The easiest way I see of explaining this is if the shape they take is something that comes from the operator (that acts like a mold or a filter), not from the source itself.

I believe this is also our own nature and the nature of our oversoul.
>>
>>18304062
They are actually. They will be handed to me in a scroll and if they outweight my bad deeds then I'm safe
>>
>>18304165
wtf are you on about mate?
When did this happen? Safe from what?
>>
>>18304085
>Energy is intelligence,

That's stupid.

>>18304090
>They certainly can manifest both in a personified and in a more archetypal "non-conscious" (egoless?) way.

Not certain at all. There's little evidence of the latter.

>The easiest way I see of explaining this is if the shape they take is something that comes from the operator (that acts like a mold or a filter), not from the source itself.

That doesn't seem to mean much, though. I've seen an angel appear as a dog playing a piano.
>>
>>18304079
Thanks. I'll ask the cleric tomorrow and see.
>>18304204 Basically. In my religion, you believe and do good deeds and they will be written in scrolls both the good deeds and bad deeds. When we die, the pens will stop writing and every human will receive its scrolls to check what he had done during his life. If the good deeds are more then you are safe from hell.
>>
>>18304165
Im not really getting where you're coming from yet.
Is this an Abrahamic thing?
All I can picture is that we're weighing our hearts against the feather of Maat here.
You are just going to have to explain why you want to do what you are asking to do, because Im not clear on what your actual INTENT is.
If you are still scared of the Boogie Man, then you wouldnt be asking for what you are asking.
So, the way I see it is you're not being honest about why you're here.
We may be infidels, but we're not push overs.
Im more apt to help the kid who got 2 video games and a gold chain stolen.
At least hes being honest. If not a little naive and too trusting.
>>
>>18300301

Is there a way to practice magic without going through some diety/god/goddess? Must be a way to strengthen and channel my own power/energy.
>>
>>18304251
Whoa wait a minute there, kid.
I would not ask your cleric anything yet.
What cojntry are you in?
I mean, are you gonna get stoned in the street for asking questions like this to him?
There is a world out side of 4chan, with some pretty serious implications if that goes wrong for you.
>>
>>18304301

You getting the newbie witches burned again, Palo? You gotta stop fuckin' with people like that, man.
>>
>>18304310
I havent told this person shit.
Im trying to find out if hes safe to ask this person that question, or if hes gonna get his head blown off.
Remember, we had a Shia'a in here the other day.
At least he was quiet and had his head on his shoulders.
>>
>>18304289

Nobody? Google doesn't help.
>>
>>18304332
Yoga and Meditation.
I gotta leave for an appointment, or I would stay and explain.
>>
>>18304289
Look into sigils (chaos magick). Energy work, yoga, astral projection. Candle magick.

With those terms and Google you will get somewhere that fits you.
>>
>>18304357

Thanks.
>>
Guise should we salvage this for the OP?
http://pastebin.com/ZHPM0KVz

Since /sum/ is effectively gone.
>>
>>18304440

Y'know? I tried to monitor those threads, at least when they first appeared, and I never got the impression that it was anything to be taken seriously. It was mostly kinda embarrassing.
>>
>>18304497
memegeton is legit though
>>
>>18304544
>44
this is it, I'm creating a Memegeton™ for chaos magickkkians, which will basically be anime version of Lemegeton
>>
What if one is called to finish The Great Work? What would one has to do first?
>>
>>18303920
What can a goetic demon do in these cases?
Is possible to get their attention without trying to evoke them, like being in trance and enter in a bucle thinking its name or sigil? Or getting these intrusive thoughts in the orgasm and that stuff? Would the consequences be the same?
>>
>>18304744
>44
lesser work lmao neophyte
>>
>>18304787
Vanity, new friend. Vanity...stay away from it.
>>
>>18304781
That is basically astral evocation. Learn how to banish first though.

It's not recommended that that be your first summoning experience though. It can get intense.
>>
Ok, I just finished Hatha Yoga Pradipika and it makes extraordinary claims about siddhis and perfect health.

Have any of you actually obtained siddhis by clenching your anus and holding your breath or did I just get rused?
>>
>>18304808
>That is basically astral evocation.
So is possible to evoke them accidentally...
>>
>>18304885
Yeah. Yesterday I summoned Andras accidentally and let me tell you, it FELT scary as fuck and I didn't know why.

I was fishing for wandering spirits. I entered trance and asked a wandering spirit to show me his sigil. I drew something that resembled an owl head and when I asked for a name, the word "Andras" sprang up in my mind. The atmosphere got gradually darker. It actually felt like the room grew... tunneled? I didn't know about him very much, so I had to look him up. I almost shit myself, but luckily I held it together.

It still requires you to enter a trance state though (which I was), so you don't have to worry THAT much.

Besides, nothing happened. I thanked him for answering my call and sent him on his way. Later did a LBRP to make sure.
>>
Guys what's a good spirit for helping me with astral projection and visualization as well?
>>
>>18304924
Ellegua/Eschu/Eshu/Exu

Elegguá is the owner of all roads and doors. The colors red and black or white and black are his and codify his contradictory nature. In particular, Elegguá stands at the crossroads of the human and the divine, as he is messenger between the two worlds. In this role, it is not surprising that he has a very close relationship with the orisha of divination, Orunmila. Nothing can be done in either world without his permission. Elegguá is always propitiated and called first before any other orisha as he opens the door between the worlds and opens our roads in life. He is recognised by the numbers 3 and 21.
>>
>>18304998
Mmmh. Does he have an Abrahamic or Greco Roman equivalent? Being a Mediterranean I feel more at home with those.

Valuable info in either case. Thank you.
>>
I'd like to call you guys attention upon this book:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=Concepts+Greek+Space&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
>>
>>18303663
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=Sacred+Geometry+&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
>>
>>18304825
Did you also cut up your tongue?
>>
>>18303950
Ah, sweet. Thanks for the recommendation. The other books in the Magic in History series by Penn State University Press which produced Claire Fanger's Conjuring Spirits and Invoking Angels looks like my type of jam.

I've read a few pages in Ars Notoria. The first prayer and the other variations which contains the same theme reminds me of an expanded version that was used in Arbatel. Wow. Much prayers. Excite. Such uses. Many months. Amaze. Very interesting. The olde language usage trips me a bit. Then I learned that Teitan Press released their version of the Ars Notoria using Frederick Hockley's manuscripts last year too. Whew. Much amaze.

I wonder what happens and how much effective these prayers are if you don't use the accompanying 'note' or figure.

>tfw Fanger said there are at least three stylistically distinct sets of notes among the Latin manuscripts of Ars Notoria and no one set is considered definitive
>>
>>18305193
Sorry, had IRL event I had to run to earlier.

Eleggua or Exu is considered a liminal diety.
Here is a list of Greco Roman liminal dieties that would fit your request.

Greek mythology
Hecate, goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, crossroads and necromancy
Hermes, god of messengers, omens, roads, travellers, border crossings, trade, protection of the home, thievery, cunning wiles, and animal husbandry; messenger of the gods and guide of the dead[3]
Roman mythology
Cardea, goddess of health, thresholds and door hinges and handles
Forculus, Lima, and Limentinus, minor deities of thresholds or doorways; see indigitamenta
Janus, dual-faced god of gates, doors, doorways, beginnings and endings, for whom January is named
Mercury, messenger of the gods and guide of the dead; equivalent to the Greek god Hermes
Portunes, god of keys, doors and livestock
Terminus, god who protected boundary markers
Trivia, goddess of witchcraft, the three-way crossroads, and the harvest moon; equivalent to the Greek goddess Hecate
>>
>>18301654
>>18301691
Today I tore the talisman in half (it was made of paper). Later in the evening, I saw that the spider had returned, but its web had been mysteriously torn in half. Like, literally, half the web is just gone.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>18305460
I didnt really clarify, but Ellegua/Exu is the Afro-Carib Hermes/Mercury.

But any from the list would do.
If you need more ethnocentric options we can look into the other European, Asian, and North African choices as well.

Hermes and Exu both have the benefit of being fleet footed, and delivering results fast. They are also fond of animals, and small children. So, they are at least family friendly if that is an important part of your life.
>>
File: images (17).jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>18305489
Instead of the sad trombone, I think a sad harmonium would be applicable here.

Are you scared of spiders?
Could you catch him a cup and move him further away from the house?
Then, knock the old web down to be sure?
>>
File: 10gxkt5.jpg (30KB, 289x348px) Image search: [Google]
10gxkt5.jpg
30KB, 289x348px
Where were you when an /x/ prediction came true?

Pic INFINITELY related.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18273001/#18285014
>>
>>18305654
Yeah, but mostly in mega cities where violence is more probable to happen due to populatiln size.
Baltimore, NYC, and so on.
Im in a mid size city (200k residents) and it was amazingly calm.
Was there some huge other world news worthy event halloween night that I missed?
>>
>>18305693
I was referring specifically to my post about the 5th.

Mercury's in the 19th, or poisoned/accursed degree of Scorpio.

Go check /pol/.
>>
>>18305513
It's a magical experiment. I don't particularly care whether or not my house is inhabited by spiders.
>>
>>18305708
Oh, stop it.
Yeah, I went to /pol. Saw the usual theatrics.
Im just not impressed with their geopolitcal memory. Its like any decision made outside of America pre-1964 is completely irrelevant and forgotten.
And they are trying to make something out of nothing, again.
Maybe Im just too cynical when it comes to American politics.
Eisenhauer predicted all of this in his farewell address, essentially. Ike said it would be this way.
(We have been spoiled, coddled into complacency, robbed on the highway, and hood winked by the Military Industrial robber barons.)
Lets move on, please.
>>
>>18305783
Okay, I understand now.
Well, it appears to have been a success on the front end and the back end.
Do you plan on trying other experiments?
Next time, you should take some pictures and share.
Get some more OC going, keep things fresh.
>>
>>18305790
It's bullshit, ijs, I've got a better track record with occult informed shitposts than 99.7765% of the predictions on this board.

Frankly the more I look back the more I think Eisenhower, as much as I love the man, was behind the curve; it was only a few short years before intelligence privatized like the military industrial complex, which has proven to be a much more malevolent actor.
>>
>>18305808
Yeah...Im pretty sure things like Op Paperclip were the beginning of the end.
Hiroshima/Nagisaki (spelling?) Was the real "Happening" and no one blinks an eye.
Evocation to Azreal on a massive scale, culminating in the biblical fire, brimstone and plagues of boils, livestock struck down, blindness, and fiery hail after a mass human sacrifice.
But someone gets a little antsy and waves their dick around at a rally and everyone's up in arms.
>>
>>18305851
>But someone gets a little antsy and waves their dick around at a rally and everyone's up in arms.

Bear in mind that peoples reactions will be to the "language" they speak, or moreover, they only can respond to events on a similar "vibration" to their own. I dont mean that in the new-agey vibratory sense, just a rough descriptor.

99% of people are not aware, and never will be of the occult and secret meanings of most events, but at least 1/3 of them have, or have seen, a dick, and thus dick waving is something they can relate, and react to.
>>
File: Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg (34KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg
34KB, 320x290px
>>18305977
>>
>>18306003
its either laugh or weep at this point. The next eight years or so are going to be a fucking mess.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
10KB, 248x203px
>>18306023
I'd say 8 to 12.
We dont know what the longterm results of 2nd term Obama, and 1st term Whoever, policies are going to be.
2nd term Obama will hit during the first term of Whoever, with some run off possibly.
I just hope dinner doesnt start coming in a can labeled Alpo during that time.
One wrong move, and...there it goes.
>>
>>18305495
Thank you very much. You are awesome.
>>
>>18305654
I don't know what you are talking about, but it's 6 AM and I just woke up from a premonitory dream pretty shaken up. If what happened had anything to do with that I will be scared.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>18306238
No problemo, friend.
Happy to help.
>>
>>18306249
Nah. Literaly nothing.

Someday I have to tell /x/ about my dreams, but I have to find a way that won't get me dismissed right away.
>>
>>18306263

>>18253839
>>
File: the game.jpg (356KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
the game.jpg
356KB, 1002x1002px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71CjJB0vJyE
>>
>>18306276
I don't know, it's pretty messy in there. I think I'll pass for now.
>>
>>18306282
Hey, I got some time to kill and we need a change of pace.
Dont seem to be any hecklers about.
Try us and see...who cares what the rest think in the morning, right?
>>
>>18306308
Sorry. Another time. I need to figure it out first.
>>
Hypothetical question.

Say a selfless person appealed to a conjured spirit, the most powerful one they could manage to summon. Let's assume this spirit is oft assumed to be malevolent in nature.

Their request is not for their benefit, but for the benefit of the entire world. He offers the ultimate - his entire essence - so that the rest of the world may know peace, or at least the truth, and be able to act upon it in hopes of peace.

Is that feasible?

tl;dr: can you give up everything to a powerful enough spirit in order to make things better for everyone else going forward?
>>
fuck it I guess it's time to get into yoga
thank god for the beginners folder
>>
>>18306683
Idk, that seems pretty selfish to me. It all centers around the person believing they're a special snowflake that thinks they know what's best for everybody.

The malevolent (<-key word right here) spirit is just gonna eat up his essence and damn them to eternal torture without honoring his wishes.
>>
>>18306683
Legend says that a magician we call Jesus today tried this once, sacrifice himself to change the world. It was not terribly effective.
>>
>>18306776

Good insight. Do you believe the practitioner would have better success with a benevolent entity, or would they simply be laughed at?

>>18306778

Kinda backfired actually, didn't it?
>>
>>18306778
assuming we get to eternally live in the eden after this <100 years of hell on earth I would say it's extremely effective
>>
>>18306776
>The malevolent (<-key word right here) spirit is just gonna eat up his essence and damn them to eternal torture without honoring his wishes.

So we now believe in an afterlife with hell and shit?
>>
>>18304885
>>18304907
I wonder, can this be related to what the church calls possession and demonic influence?
>>
File: arR6mjp_460s.jpg (36KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
arR6mjp_460s.jpg
36KB, 400x308px
>>18306810
Tartarus is also real.

Fuck you saturncultist. He will never escape. Their is no door to there retards.
>>
>>18306778
yes but everytime ive let the monkey out of the cage they chimpout and had togo lockup again
>>
>>18306023
Did you mean the next 300 years?
With the depletion of spare net energy in fossil fuels, a new dark age is coming. The problems we are having now are just the preview of coming attractions.
It's too late to stop it now. The only thing one can do now is to decide what part of our cultural legacy one will try to preserve.
Thanks for providing the digital library, Ape. Everything is going to be printed in archival paper and stored.
>>
For those here that are well versed in meditation, what would be some effective techniques to tap into my lower self or subconscious?
>>
File: v.jpg (80KB, 798x501px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
80KB, 798x501px
>>18306897
We have something special in mind for you people
>>
>>18306943
someone well versed would already know that
subconscious speaks symbols, figure out the rest
>>
>>18306943
What do you mean "tap into my subconcious"?, if you mean to observe the aspects of the mind that are not the ego then you only need to dissolve the ego.
The ego can be understood in many ways so there are many ways in which the ego is dissolved. The most basic is to silence analysis and judgement, this is, when the ego observes the world it is usually judging events, for example you see an apple over a table "I wonder if that apple belongs to someone so I can take it", you see a sexy girl in the street "Should I talk to her?" you see someone ugly "dear god how disgusting" etc etc

So the first step could be to suspend judgement, to observe events unfold without judging them or trying to explain them as related to you, this can be trained with the standard zen practice, just sit down properly and dont think for as long as you can while you breathe properly

hope it helped
>>
pol talking about magic is great
>>>96384919
>>
>>18306973
have you thought of taking it to the next step and joining a magical fraternity?, most modern magical fraternities must have some sort of online forum in which they discuss seriously magical topics
>>
>>18306974
>>>/pol/96384919
>>
>>18306978
I joined the Arcanorium College, but it's pretty dead.

What do you recommend?
>>
>>18306973
just get your IP changed.
>>
File: books.jpg (897KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
897KB, 2560x1920px
>>18306897
Shyeet, I just print the ones i'm reading and make books out of them.
>>
>>18307027
Cookies and friends also must be wiped out, just in case.
>>
>>18304781
>What can a goetic demon do in these cases?

Quite a bit. My teacher fucked up his first Goetic evocation and was paralyzed for an hour or so. He got off pretty easy, really.

>Is possible to get their attention without trying to evoke them, like being in trance and enter in a bucle thinking its name or sigil?

Very unlikely. you would have to be of some interest to them and, if you were, your practice probably wouldn't be so lame.

>>18304808
>That is basically astral evocation.

It's silly is what it is.

>>18304825
>Have any of you actually obtained siddhis by clenching your anus and holding your breath or did I just get rused?

No. My siddhis came through pranayama.

>>18305382
>I wonder what happens and how much effective these prayers are if you don't use the accompanying 'note' or figure.

Don't know. Give it a try.

>>18306683
>Is that feasible?

No reason to think so.

>>18306778

lel
>>
>>18307127
If you think astral evocation is silly you just proved how little you actually know.

But go ahead and insult me. Gotta keep that ego strong.
>>
>>18307135
I think he's arguing that it's silly to think that slipping into a trance state is the full equivalent of working any Goetia derived practice from planetary invokations through license to depart.
>>
>>18304907

Ever think it might have been another spirit fucking with you?

If you put out a call on CB radio and someone responds that he's Captain Jack Sparrow, what are the odds you're actually talking to Johnny Depp? Non-zero but definitely low.
>>
>>18307146
>tfw Depp will never chat with you over your ham radio setup.
I came here to FUNpost, not feel.
>>
A friend's therapist recommended mindfulness meditation a couple years ago to help her deal with and overcome anxiety and low self-esteem, and when I expressed similar problems, she suggested I try it.

Any tips?
>>
Which "tree" or category of mysticism should I choose to study? There are so many in the library that I don't know which one is legit.

I'm refer to types such as Kaballah, Enochian, Egyptian etc.
>>
>>18307186

Everyone you ask will be biased toward whatever they've already chosen.

The best thing to do is just read a little about a bunch, narrow it down as they tickle your fancy and land on the one that "clicks" with you the most.
>>
>>18307186
>There are so many in the library that I don't know which one is legit.
They're all legit. Rifle through the Beginner's folder and follow up on whatever strikes your interest.

>>18307169
Sit in the woods and be quiet. Observe shit. Come back when you want to learn dissolution into Godhead.
>>
>>18307135
>If you think astral evocation is silly you just proved how little you actually know.

lel

Just keep fucking that chicken, sport.

>>18307139

Just so. Astral evocation might even be possible, but the question is why? Anchoring such a thing in the physical seems vastly preferable.

>>18307186
>Which "tree" or category of mysticism should I choose to study?
>I'm refer to types such as Kaballah, Enochian, Egyptian etc.

What are you talking about? What tree?
>>
>>18307191
>Come back when you want to learn dissolution into Godhead.
But I don't though. Why would I want to stop existing?
>>
>>18307194
>astral evocation might even be possible

Your armchair is showing.
>>
>>18307278

You will claim, and perhaps even believe, whatever you have to. No one cares.
>>
>>18307279
>no you actually need to do the ritual
>HURR FUCKIN' ARMCHAIR WIZARDS

Cute, ain't he?
>>
>>18307286

Just precious. I guess someone has to carry a torch for /sum/.
>>
>>18307293
>93
I was just in the shower contemplating unfucking that pastebin.
>>
>>18307294

I don't know. There might be something worthwhile in there. At some point you have to ask yourself what, exactly, lowering the bar will do for us. As an unabashed elitist, I'm not always the best choice to answer that question.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrY9wLlyxcsB6OUUCeViN5A

cool channel, I also love how he looks like a total fucking nerd and openly admits he loves naruto
>>
>>18307456
My cringe levels reached Andromeda
>>
>>18300301
I've found a group practicing Sumerian magick in my city. It's primarily ritual and sacrificial, but certain sacrificial spells require blood and have become more extreme since a new member with a lot of study under his belt pretty much took over from the founder.

Should I just get out now or see where this goes?
>>
>>18307508
See how far it goes and document it.
>>
>>18307456
yeah I got really conflicting emotions watching him because his approach is pretty OK and he's doing good job informing neophytes
>>
>>18307511
My only real worry, aside from the sacrifice going too far, is that this new leader seems to have over half the group under his thumb. He keeps tempting them with more complex and powerful magick, without mentioning the cost involved. Just worried this is going to turn cult-y
>>
>>18307534
>without mentioning the cost involved.
what cost?
>>
Hey K (or Ape) is this good? http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/how-to-start-using-spirit-sigils-to-get-anything-you-want.html

Seems well explained and easy.
>>
>>18307617
It's all sacrificial, and the cost is different from entity to entity, but some want wheat and others want vases of human blood.
>>
>>18307635
>get anything you want

Don't take occult advice from a professional carpet cleaner.
>>
>>18307635
this is basically an ad for what's at the end of this "article"

btw I prefer to create sigils that symbolize my intention myself instead of working with spirits and imprinting my will on their sigil
>>
Guys, can any of you help me?
How do i "beat" an occultist?
There is this person, with experience in occultism and they're at it again.
I'm a little worried about all of this, what should I do?
>>
>>18307775

>at it again

at what exactly?
>>
>>18307775
you need to be more specific
also don't delete your posts you silly
>>
>>18307780
Goetia, Wicca, etc.
>>
>>18307127
>No. My siddhis came through pranayama.
What kind of results did you get and what specifically did you do?
>>
Anyone here worship Pluto? What's that like?
>>
Thinking about trying out some of this occult stuff. Have a few questions.

>What's a good place to start?

>Can I expect immediate/fast results?

>If something goes wrong am I fucked, and if so how fucked?
>>
>>18308404
Depends on what you are trying to achieve.
>>
>>18308417
I have no idea what I would want to achieve, really. This is more of a 'doing it for it's own sake' thing.
>>
>>18308404
You can try this to have a taste of what magic work feels like:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/18193083/#18196500
Does anyone here have suggestions to improve the exercise? Time of the day, moon phase, or something else?
>>
Whata a spell to caste over to the other side of the void
>>
>>18309704
ayY lmAao
>>
Aayyy lmaO!
>>
what's the connection between al-jafr and Kabbalah/any Good sources on the subject?

Also interested in similarities/differences and historical connection between Adam qadmon and al-insan al-kamil
>>
File: Puzzle_1475818852696.jpg (266KB, 704x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Puzzle_1475818852696.jpg
266KB, 704x1574px
OC saw on Disney documentary
>>
>>18309814
Ayy Lmaoo
>>
>>18308404
generally if you do something wrong you just feel kinda stupid, look kinda stupid, and/or have accidentally set something on fire by tipping candles over because your robe is too fucking big.
>>
>>18308351

Pranayama. Cyclic breathing. Every fucking day.

I could take pain away from someone who was suffering and some other stuff.
>>
>>18307775

...with a stick?
>>
>>18310289
Well I already do shatkarmas in the morning, nadi shodana and asanas.

I guess I'll add more pranayama. Thanks.
>>
Any tips for Vipassana? Any recommended readings about it?
>>
>>18300301
Reposting my question from /div/ here. It regards spirt animals...

A long while ago I found my totem animal using a Youtube video. Never believed it would work but boy was I surprised when a large brown hawk landed on my arm. I believe it was a Red-tail. With the hawk I actually touched it and was surprised by how soft its feathers were.

Time past and I used the same video and a green snake slithered up my spine. Its been awhile but if I remember correctly when the green snake appeared, I did feel a little uneasy from the beginning and it felt cold as it climbed up my spine. Think there was a large tree that it appeared from and maybe or maybe not recollect a woman in white.

Flashforward to last month and I mediated using a new Youtube video and tried lying down instead. A black viper was hissing and trying to strike me but a smaller and more brown hawk (falcon?) came and attacked it.

So my question is what does it all mean? Why did I get different animals? Is the snake my shadow totem and what is it trying to say? What is your experience with hawk spirits?

Can't never tell if its a hawk or falcon, only time I was sure was the first mediation by the seize of the raptor and its familiar cry. Any good way to tell them apart? So what does the snake and hawk mean for you /x/? Any good /x/ approved sources online I can read up on?
>>
>>18303425
duh
What books did you guys start with?
>>
>>18310697
Initiation into Hermetics. Skip the theory part.
>>
Guys, how is the perfect way to approach Asmodeus? I've beeing reading some spells that works with him. Considering is the first time i am doing this. There smth i need to know before?
>>
>>18310665
If you need to ask this question, you're not ready for Vipassana. Unless you're into that Vipassana-only vehicle, which is a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>18303387
>>18310697

Everything by Hine or Carroll (chaos shit), Spare (older chaos shit) also Kybalion, if you're into comics Promethea is a good crash course on occultism. Dusting up on some divination method, magical correspondences or some religion you fancy can be a good idea (even if you dislike religion just as I do)

Outside occult literature, you can also try reading Flatland, Poker Without Cards, and Gödel-Escher-Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid; and see whether and how they affect your mindset.
>>
>>18300780
Hey Thoth or anyone in the greater key it states that the color attributed to the moon(when using virgin paper) is silver OR Argentine earth. What does the latter mean? I tried searching to no avail. Thanks for any info given.
>>
>>18310919
Not knowledgeable at all on such things like Ape or anything, but I do know Argent means 'silvery, silvery white'.
>>
File: 5000.jpg (30KB, 260x334px) Image search: [Google]
5000.jpg
30KB, 260x334px
>>18300471
pic related

also i've heard the greek magical papyri has some good shit in it
>>
>>18310928
Cool. Thanks dude. Helps a lot. Such a dummy. Should have broke the word down.
>>
I'm half way Corpus Hermetica, and...
is not very different from reading the Bible.
God is good, everything else is bad. God is good. god is good, god is good. Holy fuck, worse than "allah akbar" bullshit.

Does it change later? Or is the same shit?
>>
>>18311325
it's cool, still doesn't clarify what 'silvery white earth' would be, though.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (9KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
9KB, 206x244px
>>18311420
Gardener here.
Try really dry, sandy, crumbly dirt that is nutrient deficient
There are some really cheapo potting soils like this and they are always a sandy, ashy, gray color.
Thats the best description I can give.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLrS311Ev0U
>>
Im coming from the Palo Mayombe thread , Im the user who was interested in scrying and santa muerte reavealed herself along with eyes that appeared to be of an Owls which i later learned is one of her animals.

Anyone have any advice on how to work with her ? Im fairly new to this.
>>
I feel like Im cursed. It could be an object or something that Ive acquired but for a while now Ive felt as if everything that goes wrong(and its just about everything) is being willed upon me somehow. I'm an agnostic for the most part but the shear magnitude and frequency of things going wrong seems purposeful and I'm becoming open to the possibility of magick.
>>
File: 220px-Mictlancihuatl_3.jpg (34KB, 220x285px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Mictlancihuatl_3.jpg
34KB, 220x285px
>>18311573
I dont know a lot about her, because she is more of a Brujeria spirit. That is more like a modern interpretation of Aztec belief. I could tell you about the Aztec goddess and maybe you could go from there.
The only thing I have heard about her, is if you are going to follow her stay single. She is VERY jealous, and she will torpedo your romantic relationships because they interfere with the time you could be spending with her.
I have a healthy respect for her, but Ive never done any really labor intensive work with her.
Id assume since she is the modern variant of MICTECACIHUATL that she would probably accept blood sacrifice.
As Mictecacihuatl, it is believed that she was born, then sacrificed as an infant. Mictecacihuatl was represented with a defleshed body and with jaw agape to swallow the stars during the day.
She is the wife of the Lord of the Underwold.

I would say you could synchretize her with other underworld goddesses:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Underworld_goddesses
>>
>>18308433
how about you try invoking your higher self , if you believe in it? Or invoking a higher entity of any nature and asking for advice or for knowledge?
>>
>>18311618
Please give us a better idea of the types of things going wrong.
I can give better advice if I know exactly what the problem is.
Is there a way you can send a condensed list of very short descriptions of what is going on?

Kind of like this:
Cat died
Lost job
Car broke down
Got evicted
Parents disowned me
All in the same day
(Gods help you if the list is actually like that!)
>>
>>18307775
the middle finger ritual

It is very important for the affected to be present in the same moment and location that the ritual is to be performed

Ingredients: A middle finger from one of your hands

Recipe: Raise your closed fist with your thumbs facing your face, then extend your middle finger
point it at the person that you want to affect
hold for a few seconds
repeat as necessary
>>
>>18311633
>Catalog

Well it is a lot of little things and some not so little.

Little things. If I am carrying something and I need to get key or whatever out of my pocket. It's never the first pocket I check. Regardless of if I second guess and go for the secondary pocket to defeat it, it will be in the other pocket. Now this sounds stupid but its EVERY TIME. Without fail. Constant annoyances like that. It comes in waves of severity where I will get hit really hard, one thing after another with some crazy shit. Mostly finance related. I start to get ahead and a series of events will pop out of nowhere that I have to take care of that totally sets us back again. Over, and over and over. I know this just sounds like life to some people but the things that happen are too consistent.
I know it is a curse. I know it.
>>
File: f72b67_santa muerte.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
f72b67_santa muerte.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>18311573
>>18311619

Try these as well.
Sounds like she may also be a solar diety (she eats the stars during the day).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Solar_goddesses

I could easily see her being associated with:
The Sun
Fire
Heat
The desert
Sand
Rock
Reptiles
Snakes
Scorpions
Spiders
The number 0
Vultures
Coyotes
Linen
Salt
The color Red

Those are just the closest correspondences I could think of that might work.

I was able to find out that her origial holiday in Aztec times was what we would say is the last day in July/first day of August
>>
>>18310812
Where would you recommend starting, then?
>>
File: 220px-Grisgristuareg.jpg (8KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Grisgristuareg.jpg
8KB, 220x165px
>>18311666
You are not cursed, you just have bad luck.
You need a Gris Gris.

Get this:
2 - 4" × 4" red squares of cloth
Sewing needle
Needle threader
Red thread
7 red beads
7 black beads
7 white beads
A gold colored coin
A sprig of one of these herbs that is easiest for you to find:
Alfalfa
Allspice
Bayberry
Basil
Bayleaves
Chamomile
Cloves
Cinnamon
Citronella
Juniper Berries
Mint
Strawberry leaves
Tonka beans

Put your 2 squares of fabric on top of each other.
Thread your needle with the red thread
You are going to sew three of the sides of the bag together.
Start at one end and just keep sewing until you have done three sides.
Knot the thread so you are sure the seams will not come undone.
Then cut the thread and the needle off.
Now, turn the pouch inside out.
IT DOES NOT have to be pretty at all.
Pretty doesnt matter, effective matters.
Put the other ingredients inside the pouch.
If you wants, write a tiny note on a piece of paper and put that inside too.
The note needs to say that you are needing better luck and prosperity.
Use your own words. You know what you want or needs better than anyone else.

Now, rethread your needle and sew up the last side of the bag.
Knot the thread so the hem wont come undown, and cut the thread and needle off.
You can make these and put under your pillow, in your sock drawer, in your wallet;somewhere you will be in contact with it, but not be tempted to open it or pay attention to it.

Now, we need to open "the door" and ask for some help.
Luckily, Lucero can help us.
I think I left some info on Ellegua/EshuExu/Legba/Lucero above.
On a Monday at 3pm or 3am go to a crossroads and leave a gift of white rum with hard candies and loose tobacco mixed in. You can put this in any container you want, as long it is something you can leave and forget about it.
I usually use red and white striped mints, since those are 2 of Lucero's colors.
If you dont have anything to mix in that is able to be left, leave it outside your front door.
>>
File: Crossroads.jpg (638KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crossroads.jpg
638KB, 1280x720px
>>18311745
The main point is, in your mind when you are leaving the mixture is you really need to convince Lucero that you need help.
Theatrics are good.
If you feel like getting down on your knees is what you need to do, do it.
If you need to sit in your car at the crossed roads before you leave the offering, do it and tell Lucero the situation, how depressed or upset it has made you, and how you are begging him for help. You can say it out loud, or in your head. Whatever feels right to you right then.
Leave the candy, rum, tobacco mixture and thank Lucero for listening to your request. Let him know that if he helps you, you will bring him a gift of thanks.

Now go stash the gris gris jn the best place where it will be near you but you wont open it or fiddle with it much.
If you dont get the results you want, dont give up.
Sometimes you have to redial for someone to answer your call.

When you get through, you may feel something like:
Tingling on the top of your head or back of neck or spine, or all three at once for no reason
You may get a feeling or see that your hair is standing on end (Goose Flesh), but you are not physically cold.
A pressing feeling like someone is standing very close to you, or something is enveloping you.
Any of these accompanied with either euphoria or a mild urge to escape (your body's natural fight or flight is kicking in).
Im not sure how any one else recognizes a "presence", but these are my most common physical indicators.
If you feel anything like that, its probably a good sign that you have his attention.

Another old trick, is when you first ask and leave the gift take some red chalk and draw one red line on the ground. When you have been answered, go back and draw a second red line, turning the shape into an "x".

Other gifts Lucero likes:
Sweet corn
Smoke fish
Opposum
White candles
Palm oil
Small toys (think Hot Wheels cars, etc)
>>
>>18311734
Samatha (concentration) meditation. Read suttas that talk about it to get the essence of it. Read about the jhanas, kasinas. Also recommend the book Knowing and Seeing, it's breddy good and also covers vipassana in the full context of meditation.
>>
File: This Really Made Me Think.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
This Really Made Me Think.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
>>18302180
>The fact that /x/ isn't freaking out about Governmental occult rituals is how I know /x/ is dead and gone

I mean... He is right...
>>
>>18311886
Those aren't mutually exclusive. For instance, Anapanasati develops both samatha and vipassana.
>>
File: turkey.jpg (30KB, 550x528px) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
30KB, 550x528px
So I asked back in 2011 on here about what's up with my luck, maybe some of you can shed some light. In my lifetime I've had three serious girlfriends during the course of those relationships all three of their fathers died one died in surgery one had a seizure in his sleep and one we don't even know yet. Additionally I'm not very old so it's kind of weird the first one was when I was 16 and the most recent was now that I'm 22. Is this just a coincidence /omg/?
>>
>>18311745
>>18311811
Thank you so much.
>>
>>18311340
Thanks for writing this here so I can put that material a few notches down in priority

>>18311633
Recently, during hypnagogic shit, I asked for a guide - as in "museum guide" or "tour guide" or "freshman guide", not as in "super duper spirit guide" - to a sort-of arcane/dream library I was imagining.

And some sort of figure hypnagogyshittized itself, shrouded and undifferentiate, talking in a girl's voice and showing remarkable spontaneity in answering my questions with celerity, honesty and sometimes a deep knowledge of myself. Sometimes even refused to answer or stated a preference not to do so (which I respected), and tried to keep me motivated and on track. She gave advice which was coherent with what I already knew / thought, but which I hadn't necessarily reached yet.

I certainly didn't ask for anything "higher", but that's just me and hey, it worked.

So, totally try, why the hell not.

>>18311637
We could interpret this as the digitus impudicus being a mimicry of the phallus and testes, and therefore holding apotropaic potency (o:

>>18311745
>>18311811
This stuff sounds crazy awesome, and the way you explain it makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing.
>>
These threads are still going on? Fuck I haven't been on /x/ in at least 2 years and I still recognize at least AoT. pretty cool desu
>>
Are homunculi real?
>>
>>18311811
>>18311745
hey Palo, I wanted to note, that while this may be a totally effective bag Im not sure Id technically call it a gris-gris, since gris-gris is sort of specific to voodoo/vodoun and has specific rules about its construction. It looks like a perfectly functional charm bag, and all gris-gris are charm bags but not all charm bags are gris-gris, just like every prenda is a caldron but not every caldron is a prenda, ne c'est pas?
Im just waxing semantics, its a perfectly good charm.

>>18311573
>>18311619
>stay single
This is more true of the aztec Goddess, Santisima Muerte is vry very family oriented, shed be the first to encourage you to get married and have some kids. She's usually extremely neutral on all things, but family is one of her most important elements, and adulterers are instantly on her shit list.

>she would probably accept blood sacrifice.
Im sure she would especially in rojo or negro tunica, but in blanco tunica, shes equally well served with bread and water or tequilla, she is pretty laid back.

In current folk saint tradition she was around at the begining of time and changed her robe as adam and eve betrayed god, and again when Cain slew Abel.

She's not too hard to synchretise with others, but my biggest advice working with her is to stick with her white aspect, that is the most tranquil and placid "face" of the lady. She's served with fresh water, bread, tequilla, she is fond of siete macho cologne, but florida water would probably be fine. Keep only WHITE things on her altar if you are working with the white aspect, she is pure, and her altar should remain the same.
(cont...)
>>
>>18312058
Understand that working with Santisima Muerte is not like working with other spirits, she is almost entirely neutral to your affairs, and is difficult to offend, but also impossible to curry favor with. She knows you will come to her eventually, we befriend her and work with her, not in order to garner favor, but because we wish to understand death before it's our time to meet her.

DO: be respectful and consider the importance of mortality and life, be friendly and of service to her, leave her little offerings, cigars, money, water, bread, tortilla, tequilla and colognes, white flowers...

do NOT:
cheat on your partner, abuse or harm children, treat death as your servant, disrespect either death, or life. These will all get you on her shit list. This is a being that was present at the dawn of time, was present at the destruction of the garden, and at the birth of man. She can be very tranquil or very dangerous, shes gone from complete innocent purity to total black vengeance and should be treated with respect. She is no less than the embodiment of death, and thus is the embodiment of one of the most religiously and metaphysically powerful things in life.

Ultimately hers is a message of acceptance and understanding of your fellow humans, the phrase "memento mori" is extremely relevant. Doesnt matter if youre a criminal, a saint, black, white, latino, gay, straight, or from mars, in the end we all become bones and dust and meet La Dama. If youre nice to her, you may come to terms with this before its time to go.
>>
Have any of you heard of a guy named Mark Stavish? He runs this thing called the Institute for Hermetic Studies, and has several vids out on youtube that I've watched and enjoyed. He seems to have some idea of what he's talking about, at least to someone who knows fuckall about these things.
>>
Does anyone here do crystal magic? I recently discovered that I resonate or vibrate a lot to tanzanite, which is associated with gently opening the third eye and connecting it to the heart. I have always wanted to open my third eye, I just don't know how to go about doing it. I already looked at the Mega link, you got nothing there.
>>
File: 1108160128.jpg (436KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1108160128.jpg
436KB, 2560x1440px
>>18300301
When the negative spirit you are trying to banish does not like you adding blood and the cut goes array.

The cleaning went on uninterrupted and the hone us at piece.
>>
What kind of martial arts would complement occult practice? Are there any that incorporate mysticism?
>>
Am I shortening my life every time I masturbate?
>>
>>18312821
No, but irregular or fast breathing rhythms do.
>>
So let me understand this stuff. Lets suppose that If I do low magick to get things I need, or/and if I do evokations and stuff, but never aim to a greater purpose like K&CHGA, know my true will or even Cross the Abyss, then I am a black magician?
>>
>>18312899
"Black magic" is a term used for "any magic I don't like," or if applied to oneself, it means "I want to seem edgy."

It's used for the left hand path by some, and for "low magic" by others. Still others only use it to refer to curses and magic designed to take away someone's free will, such as some kinds of love magic.

In the end, it doesn't have any real meaning except "magic that is bad in my or popular estimation."
>>
>>18312739

One that incorporates meditation in its regimen.

>>18312899

Sorceror, more like.
>>
File: FUEL.jpg (69KB, 689x1023px) Image search: [Google]
FUEL.jpg
69KB, 689x1023px
>>18311957
Anyone?
>>
I've been poking around with sigils for the last month, and gotta say that some worked and some others didn't.
So after making about 7-8 yesterday night, gotta ask:

What exactly makes the sigil come true?
Is it how much you desire it to happen? Or how much you charge it?

Thanks.
>>
>>18313029
>Or how much you charge it?

How effectively.

Then how completely you can forget all about it.
>>
>>18306683
Giving ones self up would only be pure if they couldnt do more with a lifetime of effort. And whats good for me might be bad for you, So how can we really know the good (or bad) we are trying to accomplish, esp if we won't be there to see it, won't be there to take responsibility for it?
>>
nu thread when
>>
>>18313425

>>18313552
>>
File: cover.jpg (108KB, 934x1445px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
108KB, 934x1445px
>>18304289
>>
>>18307729

And what do YOU do for a living that is so vastly superior?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.