[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I remember my dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24KB, 512x288px
I've looked for the scientific reason of this, but I'm curious to know if there's like a paranormal reason for it. I only remember a dream like every three months or so. Any theories?
>>
>>17945685
Try meditating and visualization exercises.

Try to visualize things when you remember stuff.

The frequency in which you remember your dreams will increase.
>>
>>17945685

Are you a deep sleeper, anon? Do you have insomnia? Changing sleeping patterns? Any of these things can cause you to not remember your dreams.
>>
File: 1467923768079.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467923768079.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
I'mm guessing it's because you have some kind of a sleep problem. You dream when you're in rem sleep and your body probably isn't reaching it. Also you need to wake up during one of its cycles.
Or if you want to go a paranormal route you can try meditating.
>>
>>17945697
Yup, I'm a deep sleeper, also, according to my brother and some friends, if I'm sleeping and someone wakes me up, I get violent and shit, I don't have memorias of me doing all that. One time, I punched my brother in the face when he woke me up, let him with a purple eye, that's when I knew they were no joking about it.
>>
Doesn't matter, dreams don't mean shit anyway
>>
>>17945685
Stop smoking weed.
>>
>>17945718
Don't use drugs, except for casual alcohol drinking
>>
File: image.png (186KB, 463x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186KB, 463x515px
>>17945685
>can't remember dreams
>>17945718/this and >>17945722/this
>>
>>17945808
OP here, I was the one who posted the second comment
>>
Because you/your brain doesn't need to remember most dreams.
>>
Most people don't remember their dreams (at least most of them unless they're particularly impactful). You will start remembering them if you write down them as soon as you wake up.
>>
when I was 7 to 15 years sometimes I wake up on the middle of the night and walk for a short time or a few steps then I suddenly wake up or realize what I was doing. actually I dont have this problems anymore bur now it take me some log time to sleep well, even sometimes some insomnia for 2 nights at a week.
>>
>>17945888
This. It might take a couple weeks but you'll have vivid dreams every single night
>>
>>17945685
Its likely because you're memories are too repressed for your conscious mind to make sense of in a meaningful way.
>>
>>17945685
Dream thread. >>17900116
>>
>>17945685

Here, have some science. Dreams, aren't typically banked into long term memory. So, unless you immediately wake after leaving REM sleep, which is what should be happening, they will have been dumped from your short term memory. The sleep cycle goes as such in stages: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1(REM)-2-3-2-1(REM)-2-1(REM)-awake. For some reason you are waking up mid cycle. A good sleep will usually consist of 3 REMs. You will usually only remember the last one, unless you're like me, who wakes up in the middle of dreams.
>>
>>17946957

He can't post in the dream thread if he/she can't remember his/her dreams.
>>
>>17945685
I'm quite the opposite, I remember dreams I had years ago. Only the vivid dreams, for instance, I dreamt I was standing in a baseball field with soccer goal nets set at each base, it was sunset and I looked up to the sky and there was a planet, I remember the heat, I actually felt it, suddenly I got sucked up toward the planet in the sky and I woke up
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.