[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I have a few questions. Those were probably asked a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: nebulous.jpg (664KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
nebulous.jpg
664KB, 1000x1333px
Hey guys, I have a few questions. Those were probably asked a thousand times, but I can't find answers in both sticky and libraries, sooo
1) if magick exists, why isnt it popular? Why doesnt everybody use it?
2) as a christian, istn't it heresy? i am a bit lost now, and would like to see if this stuff really works
3) are there any famous people using magick?
4) what can protect me if something goes wrong? i have a lot of christian symbols in my room, as well as holy water. My room is blessed every year by an priest (i dont know if this is a habit in other countries)

Sorry if those questions are stupid, I am really lost in this moment, and wish to get some answers.
>>
It's an illusion
>>
>>17764703
Right, just as life/happines/whatever is an illusion. Accurate answer.
>>
>Sorry if those questions are stupid
Apology accepted anon. Just don't do it again.
>>
>>17764715
Thanks dude, I will not.
>>
The danger of it being misused.
>>
It's just a placebo effect. It's a good way to focus what it is you want and gain the confidence to get whatever you desire. You can only affect yourself though, you cannot affect anything outside of your control.

For instance, if I want to protect my house when I go on vacation, I can do a ritual to give myself peace of mind. Chances are nothing was going to happen to my house anyway and I can go enjoy my vacation. But whatever ritual I do is only for my own peace of mind, it in no way puts up a barrier against burglars.
>>
These are all actually great questions, some of which I've been wondering myself lately.

>1) if magick exists, why isnt it popular? Why doesnt everybody use it?

Because of a few reasons: In most likelyhood, there were Golden Ages before now, like Atlantis and Lemuria for example. their societies would have been fully magical. Public knowledge, schools, etc. Well, since cycles of light and dark are common in any society, we do not live in an age of public magic as of right now. This could change tomorrow if certain powerful groups let the world know magic exists and all it takes is practice (you can make up your own magic or use someone else's spells, the basic gist of it. Older spells are more ingrained into reality so they are usually more effective and stable but sometimes harder to understand fully since they are not of your own making. One you make yourself fall into the "chaos magic" category, although I think this is a bit of a misnomer), but, imagine a world suddenly privy to magic, on a global scale. Panic and fear would set in most likely, as the Earth would have just had to level up. This is another reason why everyone doesn't do it: It's hard. It takes a lot of focus and concentration that people honestly sometimes would just be better off if they went at it straightforward without magic. In short, it can be dangerous and difficult to master.

>2) as a christian, istn't it heresy? i am a bit lost now, and would like to see if this stuff really works

I think this question's importance will be lost on some so I wanna focus on this a bit:

Since magic is dangerous (at least in this day and age of it being relatively unknown and of the occult), God in general frowns upon it, wishing instead you would pray to Him for guidance or whatever you are using magic for. This doesn't necessarily mean it is bad or that He thinks you should stop, he's just telling you to be careful. Also, if you fuck up big time expect Him to reprimand you.

cont.
>>
>3) are there any famous people using magick?

Probably not too many. I'm pretty sure world governments use it the most, mostly in monoliths and structures. Look up how weird the geometry of pretty much everything in Washington DC is. Freemason, Illuminati, or Occult, it's magic.

>4) what can protect me if something goes wrong? i have a lot of christian symbols in my room, as well as holy water. My room is blessed every year by an priest (i dont know if this is a habit in other countries)

God, your Ancestors and Guardian Angels, friends and family, and YOURSELF, if you remember to take care of him/her. Be good traveler.
>>
>>17764793
*pretty much everything in Washington DC is, from street orientations to building and of course the monoliths. It really just depends how you look at it, but take into account the more people look at it in a certain way, the bigger that collective consciousness meme will be.
>>
Not OP, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.

How do I induce a "paranoiac critical" state? For those who might not know, it is a method used by Salvador Dali when he made some of his most famous works of art. From the state of mind of total paranoia and fear, was he able to hallucinate and conflate completely random and dissimilar objects into striking visuals.

Anyway, OP, magic isn't real, but if it is, I sure as shit would want to know how to do it. I want to cast fireballs, even if they are only illusory.
>>
>>17764695
Same reason Dog Boxing isn't.
>2) as a christian, istn't it heresy?
Yes.
No idea.
>4) what can protect me if something goes wrong?
Nothing but your wits.
>>
>>17764793
Underrated post
>>
>>17764825
Your so called answers were useless you idiot
>>
1) majick or what ever retarded way they spell it, well it don't real.
2) christianity don't real
3)No, because refer to 1
4) wear black underpants because profit.
>>
>>17764817
>I want to cast fireballs, even if they are only illusory
At risk of being a massive faggot, this is the exact reason I got into programming. Writing out the correct sequence of symbols to perform superhuman tasks is magic.
Plus I can make actual illusory fireballs.
>>
Stay away from drugs.
Don't hide inside control, practice taking healthy risks, practice losing "control" to Higher Power.
Respect your body, all levels of virginity and don't fall into the worlds ideas of spending your youth and life on poor investments.
>>
>>17765021
I guess I'm in a similar boat, though I'm interested in making art rather than programming.
>>
File: 1464839381875.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1464839381875.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>17764695
1.) Magic is not real, neither is Santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, or ghosts, goblins, and scary gnomes.
2.)Yes it is
3.)No its fake fuck tard, tricks used by people who are smarter than retards to amaze retards.
4.)Not being a fucking faggot who believes in magic protects you from magic, that or kill yourself.
>>
>>17765009
English don't real.
>>
For Christians magic is FORBITTEN there is no white or black magic its just MAGIC turn to God and you wont need anything. sorry for bad english
>>
>>17766299
This.
>>
>>17764695
Surah 2:102 says...

And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold [their souls], if they only knew.

Magic steals your soul
>>
File: descarteslookingfly.png (89KB, 310x216px) Image search: [Google]
descarteslookingfly.png
89KB, 310x216px
>>17764714
>>
>conspiracy theories aren't real you retard!
>ghosths aren't real you retard!
>ufos aren't real you retard!
>magic isn't real you retard!
>ancient aliens contact wasn't real you retard!
>there's no life after death you retard!
>you are welcome

/x/
>>
File: aem.gif (77KB, 601x599px)
aem.gif
77KB, 601x599px
>>17764695

Magick exists no more or less than existentialism exists. Its a philosophy or a religion, its a pretty huge blanket term.

By way of us being sentient beings on this planet, having the ability to consciously effect our environment, that is what is meant by many occult philosophies.

But if by Magick you mean love potions and fireballs or even changing your luck, probably not.

However, the occult, if we want to associate that with magic, has incredible insight to offer, depending on the subject.

Making claims about magic or alchemy being able to make you rich or powerful was a tool used to hide truth in flamboyant symbols to keep the profane from discovering the truth.

2. Depends on what type of Christian you are. Catholics attend ritual magic ceremonies throughout your whole life. Heresy is having seen the true teachings of Jesus Christ and then saying "nah, bullshit" and substituting in your own stuff.

For example, Mormons are heretics, Muslims are heretics, in the eyes of a Catholic. Heresy is a Catholic idea.

The 10 commandments state that you shall have no gods above the one true God, it doesn't say you shall have no gods period except the one true God.

For example, many people think its sinful to want to be rich, but that is not true. Its only sinful if you want to be rich more than you love God.

3. Tons, most of them obnoxious or mysterious, often times they have horrible things happen later in their lives, which is corollary, not demonstrably causal, but interesting to me. Lots of rock bands from the 60s and 70s were way into occult practices. Alan Moore, is probably the best example of a living magus. He makes no ridiculous claims, he doesn't try to sell it to people, but it informs his work quite a bit.

>My room is blessed every year by an priest

What country do you live in? That's odd.

Ultimately the only protection you have against evil in any form is your will.
>>
>>17765021
>>17766070

You both should check out "The Book of Lies"
>>
>>17766316

Yeah except nothing in the bible backs that up.
>>
File: rob-tinfoil-hat-compressed.jpg (44KB, 448x315px) Image search: [Google]
rob-tinfoil-hat-compressed.jpg
44KB, 448x315px
>>17766431
Please go drink a gallon of hemlock tea.
>>
>>17766316
but Christ was an adept

is Christianity about being a good person, or is it used to frighten people who want to meditate and learn science?

Christ did magick, what makes it forbidden to good christians?
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (28KB, 560x426px)
ohyou.jpg
28KB, 560x426px
>>17766471

One remedy for small dick syndrome can be found in any kitchen. Simply add 1 part sugar to 4 parts water, spray it all over your dick, and stick it in a beehive.

Why do you queers even get on this board? I was just answering the dudes question.

>>>/b/
>>
>>17766480
please shut your dumb ass up
miracles are performed by God
>>
>>17764695
Because its hard to learn and it's more productive to use material means to achieve your goals, it's a last resort. Also billions of people do it (prayer, ritual...) but most aren't any good at it.

>2) as a christian, istn't it heresy? i am a bit lost now, and would like to see if this stuff really works
I wouldn't worry about it dude

Loads to varying degrees.

>4) what can protect me if something goes wrong? i have a lot of christian symbols in my room, as well as holy water. My room is blessed every year by an priest (i dont know if this is a habit in other countries)
Again, don't worry about it dude
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.