[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does 'solumates' really exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 5

File: x.jpg (10KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
10KB, 200x253px
Hello /X/

I've been wondering if that 'soulmate' concept is real or not.

If you believe that's real, how do you recognize your soulmate?

I've lost all contact with the person I think could be my soulmate but I hope we'll meet again. Any simmilar stories?
>>
>>17762180
Fuck yeah, soulmates and twin flames at the top of the catalog! I hate you!
>>
>>17762180
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>17762180
>soulmate
Yes they exist. No you don't need them to live a fulfilling life. Whether or not you end up meeting them depends on a number of criteria.
>>
they say you are what you eat
and what you eat becomes shit, we all know that.
so if i am what i eat..and my soul is what i am
that means my soul is shit

so if i mate with someone using my shit
does that mean they are my soul mate?
>>
>>17762180
I want to find a soulmate that I will spend the rest of my life with
>>
>>17762597
And you will find it while browsing 4chan...
>>
>>17762599
why isn't this guy banned?
>>
>>17762640
Because I am good, knowledgable, funny, cute, sexy, wise? And I have fought against many paranormal shit.
And soulmates aren't real, nor paranormal, and there already was a thread. Sure, its P8 or 9, but it's there.
>>
>>17762180
Yes they exist. You just know. There is a deep mental connection unlike you have had with anyone else, as if on some level the person is another 'you'. In a sense, you complete each other. If a person is really your soulmate and you are apart, you will find them again.
>>
File: 1349811909153.gif (958KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1349811909153.gif
958KB, 330x330px
The idea of soulmates evolved from shaktism.
(In that tantra, it's about God and Goddess as eternal soulmates(not Dhumavati tho))

http://matangi-enaree.deviantart.com/art/ShivaShakti-enjoys-special-brownies-612814060?ga_submit_new=10%253A1464896001
Read this, learn about shaktiism from a fellow chronic 4channer, then come talk to me about soulmates.
>>
>>17762180
Yes. They really exist.

Think "twin" only a spiritual/emotional twin, not a physical twin.

The concept scares people with a fear of intimacy, and so they usually end up trashing not only their own life, but the life of their soulmate.

On the other hand, people who aren't afraid to step into it experience a richness and beauty in life that most other people only dream of. Never having to be alone, never having to be afraid, always knowing you have a safe harbor, knowing another person and being truly known and loved for who you really are, always having one person you never have to lie to, who will accept you no matter what, who knows all the bad stuff and it's still okay.

Children of homes where soulmates are united tend to be intellectually and physically strong, emotionally happy, and almost always rise to the highest levels of society because of how well-adjusted they are.

To see two human being experience bliss, to see love cast out fear from two lives forever, it's a beautiful thing to behold.
>>
>>17762180
No, there isn't an individual specifically made for you just waiting for you to stumble across them. It's a matter of having comparable personalities, among MANY other factors, that 'love at first sight' stuff almost never lasts long-term.
>>
>>17763948
>The idea of soulmates evolved from shaktism.
Not true.

A much older version of the idea was how Greek philosophers described the sexes. They claimed that man and woman were two halves of one race of beings, and that these beings were cleaved in two by Zeus' lightning bolts because he feared their power. As a consequence, both men and women go through their lives trying to find their other half, and they cannot experience true happiness until they do.

The Apostle Mark says it this way:

Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.

Some Pharisees came and tested Him (Jesus) by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” “What did Moses command you?” He replied. They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

“It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ and ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become [one flesh].’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

So it seems Jesus takes the issue of loyalty in matters of True Love and commitment very very seriously.

As we all should.

Because terminating a relationship doesn't just extinguish the relationship. It extinguishes the timeline that includes all the fulfillment of destiny that were supposed to come forth from the union of those people God brought together for His purposes. It extinguishes their children, and their happiness.
>>
>>17762597
>I want to find a soulmate that I will spend the rest of my life with
Let's hope they want the same, or else you're doomed to live alone, no matter who you are with.
>>
>>17764000
The bible also says to stone gays to death.
>>
>>17762755
>If a person is really your soulmate and you are apart, you will find them again.
^^^ this. :)
>>
>>17763985
>The concept scares people with a fear of intimacy, and so they usually end up trashing not only their own life, but the life of their soulmate.
It's also super sad when soulmates actually come together as they were intended, and then one of them has a freak accident or a health crisis and is taken away. :( I've seen people die of a "broken heart" that way, they just give up the will to live.
>>
>>17764011
Yeah, that's why the vast majority of people never find their "soulmate."
>>
>>17763988
>It's a matter of having comparable personalities, among MANY other factors, that 'love at first sight' stuff almost never lasts long-term.
I disagree.

Love is a decision, not a feeling, or a compatibility. It's the decision to choose to help someone even when they don't deserve it, the decision to forgive them even when every fiber in your being is telling you not to, the decision to invest in them and teach them and support them and protect them even when there is a huge personal cost.

Love isn't a magical thing that happens at first sight, It requires hard work, every day. It's a job, and it;s possible to succeed or fail depending on how hard you are willing to work.

The only way you get true Love is by fucking DOING it. Not because the magic love fairy sprinkled fairy dust on you that day, ok? If you base your love and relationship on feelings, it will definitely fail.
>>
I believe that there are souls more highly compatible with some than others, and if you meet a highly resonating person good luck to you.
>>
>>17764007
>>>17764000 (You)
>The bible also says to stone gays to death.
That's the Old Testament, not the New Testament.

The Old Testament says the wages of ALL sins are death, therefore we are ALL people in need of a savior, gays included.

The only reason the Old Testament exists is to bear prophetic witness to Jesus (the lamb's blood on the door in Egypt, the brazen serpent on the tree in the desert, the entire book of Isaiah).

The New testament is a testament of GRACE, meaning, it's no longer about how you live. It's about what you believe. God knows you can't be good enough, so He took your place on the cross as Jesus Christ, so you don;t have to take your place on your cross, even though you deserve it.

"I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean." - Romans 14:14

Don't let ignorance lead you away from the TRUE faith and true power of it, to your own detriment.

It is, of course, your choice.
>>
No soulmates don't exist, sadly its just some romantic concept. People move on, people's feelings change. Your friend who you thought was your soulmate ends up getting mad at you for the dumbest shit and bye bye soulmate or a lover who you believed they would never leave turns out to be a liar bastard fuck face prick.... So no OP soulmates do not exist, people suck...
>>
File: loenlyheart.png (1MB, 1003x738px) Image search: [Google]
loenlyheart.png
1MB, 1003x738px
Lonely Heart crap belongs in: >>>/adv/
>>
>>17764000
>When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Trips confirm.

It's important to notice that Jesus is not condemning divorced people here, he's just saying the truth. He's calling it as it is.

Divorce and adultery are covered and forgiven by the Blood of Jesus, just like adultery, if you admit to yourself it's a sin and ask for forgiveness. Just like all sins, be it fucking outside of wedlock, homosexuality, drug use, or something as simple as taking God's name in vain. All of it is forgiven if you accept that forgiveness, but that doesn't mean they are not sins, ok? There's a difference.
>>
>>17762180
the concept of a soulmate being one person in the whole world that is just perfect for you is bullshit in my opinion, but there are souls who fit together perfectly in their journey through life by fate and by their own purpose on earth, and there are souls who still have connections through previous lives and can without even knowing one another beforehand, feel very comfortable and connected to each other,it happened to me personally with a girl I met.
>>
>>17764035
>No soulmates don't exist, sadly its just some romantic concept.
If you keep thinking like that, they won't exist for you, and you'll never find yours. But you will change when that huge emptiness inside your heart teaches you the hard way that you are not an island, and true love exists, and your soulmate exists, somewhere. I hope you figure that out before you lose any chance at finding them, and end up alone for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17764034
>TRUE faith
Sorry, not interested. Any god that condemns people to infinite punishment for finite wrongdoing in not one I want to serve, doesn't matter if it's the "fire and brimstone" kind or "eternal separation from God" (which you people generally make out to be roughly just as bad)
>>
>>17764048
So basically, "I can do what I want and mistreat whomever I want as long as I pay occasional lip-service to the Big G-O-D."
>>
>>17762189
I love you
>>
>>17762180
It's true.. If you believe in God and are still written in the Book of Life, you have a soulmate
I met mine already
It's awesome
>>
>>17762180
no, soulmates do not exist. do you realize the odds of a person on this earth meeting their soulmate in the same town as them?
>>
And you have to have a soul to be a soulmate
You might have dead bitches who are simply out for your soul and your $ who will pretend hard as fuck that they are your soulmates
>>
>>17764048

Christianity can be summed up in two words: “… or else.” Believe, or else. Do this or that, or else. Don't do this or that, or else.

Christianity is a fear-based religion, and it's interesting to see the manipulation by fear at work here, too.

If you scare someone enough, they lose their ability to think rationally; they can only react emotionally, and that is the real value of the stories of 'sin,' 'hell' and 'satan' to the church. If people aren't scared, they don't come to church, and if they don't come to church, they don't $$tithe$$.

Fear means a believer's lost their ability to question what they are told. Since you've lost the ability to do it, I'll help you.

First: does "sin" actually exist? Yep, people do bad things, but does that make them 'sin?' In Judaism and Islam, eating pork is forbidden, and it makes you 'unclean' if you do it. Does it actually make you 'unclean,' though?
>>
>>17764119
>>>17764034 (You)
>>TRUE faith
>Sorry, not interested. Any god that condemns people to infinite punishment for finite wrongdoing in not one I want to serve, doesn't matter if it's the "fire and brimstone" kind or "eternal separation from God" (which you people generally make out to be roughly just as ba

You have it twisted homie.

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." - Luke 6:36-38

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." - John 3:16-18

Or you can keep on living the lie that you're a sinless person, and we'll all wait and see how that works out for you...
>>
>>17764034
Christianity is just as "See the world the way we do, or else!" as Islam, just less openly hostile about it.
>>
>>17764166
“It’s your choice whether to accept god or not.”
There’s an assumption here that this choice even has to be made in the first place. You believe god says ’Choose me or die.’ What if God isn’t as narcissistically needy and demanding as that, though? What if God is loving and kind instead? Genuinely unconditionally loving God: ‘You don’t need to choose me any more than you need to choose gravity. I’m here for you through thick and thin.’ Oh, that’s right, kindness doesn’t put people in mortal fear for their souls. You need people to be fearful, because fear shuts down the logical mind so that people can only react emotionally out of that fear, thus packing the churches. After all, empty churches don’t earn $$tithes$$.
>>
>>17764181
Doesn't remove the issue of Hell. A god that is willing to inflict infinite suffering on murders and nonbelievers alike for FINITE "sin" is not loving or benevolent.
>>
>>17764181
Thank you for those excellent examples of manipulation by fear and guilt. Manipulating someone's emotions has been shown to be a great way to get them to follow your religion - look at the huge success of the major religions of the world - but it doesn't mean your religion's mythology is true.
>>
>>17764191
You said it, my dude.
Not only that. What kind of asshole would you have to be to even create an infinite extreme eternal rape dungeon in the first place?
>>
>>17764186
oh my post wasn't trying to incite an argument
I'm saying that each of our lives is written in the Book of Life if you have a soul
Your soulmate would be in that Book as well
>>
>>17762589
fuckin
deep
bro
>>
>>17764153
>>>17764048 (You)
>So basically, "I can do what I want and mistreat whomever I want as long as I pay occasional lip-service to the Big G-O-D."

No it doesn't say that. It says no behavior in itself is unclean, it's the context. Speaking of which, to understand what IS unclean, the following is also written:

" You nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not make them unclean, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what makes them unclean.”

Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

The point is that uncleanness is an INTRINSIC state, not a state determined by EXTRINSIC factors. While it's true that internal uncleanness can lead to external negative behaviors, the opposite is not necessarily true. Just ebcause someone isn't perfect, and misses the mark with their behavior, does not make them "ceremonially impure" or "unclean" in the Old Testament sense.
>>
>>17764166
>>>17762180 (OP)
>It's true.. If you believe in God and are still written in the Book of Life, you have a soulmate
>I met mine already
>It's awesome
Lucky>>17764178
>>>17764048 (You)
>Christianity can be summed up in two words: “… or else.” Believe, or else. Do this or that, or else. Don't do this or that, or else.
>Christianity is a fear-based religion, and it's interesting to see the manipulation by fear at work here, too.
Nope.

how me one place in teh Nw testament
>>
>>17764201
>the book of life exists
[citation needed]
>>
>>17764178
Not physically unclean no. It does taint you spiritually however. It feels like your're asking "why is something that is covered in dirt dirty?" "Sinful" acts corrupt the soul. That is nowhere near limited to abrahamic religions. Nearly every religion has some spin on that concept.
>>
>>17764211
read the Revelation if you ever get a chance
>>
>>17764204
>The point is that uncleanness is an INTRINSIC state

If I bought something that had an intrinsic defect, I would take it back to the manufacturer.

If humans are intrinsically unclean, then that's a problem with their manufacturer.
>>
>>17764178
>>>17764048 (You)
>Christianity can be summed up in two words: “… or else.” Believe, or else. Do this or that, or else. Don't do this or that, or else.
>Christianity is a fear-based religion, and it's interesting to see the manipulation by fear at work here, too.
Nope. You missed the entire point.

See,if I tell my wife "don't cheat on me, or else", then the fear inherent in that statement and the seed of separation it plants, could grown into a harvest of divorce later.

If instead I say to her "I Love you unconditionally, and nothing you ever have done or ever will do will make me stop Loving you", and if she has the courage to say it back, and we MEAN it, then the 100% total acceptance in that statement will cause us naturally to never even think about hurting each other.

Jesus isn't my Lord and Savior because I fear Hell. I worship Jesus because of the supernatural mystery of His perfect Love, which Loved me and forgave me as I was, in my worse moments, before I even knew Him. And the beautiful mystery of that perfect Love is the only thing that can heal a hurting human soul, or turn a heart of stone into a heart of flesh.

"There is no fear in Love. But perfect Love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in Love." 1 John 4:18
>>
>>17764215
"It exists because this old folk story says it does"

In that case, Wonderland must also be a real place. There are entire books written about it.
>>
>>17764220
Its those defects that make us individuals. If we were all perfect, we'd just be clones of each other.
>>
>>17762180
It isn't so much a soul mate OP

More like a group of people who you've gone thorugh alot of shit with in past lives that they can qualify as your soul mate/freinds/wife/husbands

you have plenty of soul mates out there, probably around 20-30ish, you also don't need them to progress in life, so no biggy if you never meet one
>>
>>17764178
>First: does "sin" actually exist? Yep, people do bad things, but does that make them 'sin?' In Judaism and Islam, eating pork is forbidden, and it makes you 'unclean' if you do it. Does it actually make you 'unclean,' though?
Yes. Sin exists, and it makes you imperfect in the eyes of a Perfect God. The only way Holiness (i.e. perfection) can treat with imperfection is to redeem it.

Which God did in Jesus Christ, once for all sins.
>>
I don't believe in soulmates as a rule but sometimes I think about it.

Without getting into all the sappy shit about how my partner could be my soulmate, we keep finding all these little coincidences in our lives. Like how we vacationed in the same place and stayed at the same hotel at the exact same time (one floor apart) when we were kids, how I worked at a Dunkin Donuts at the same time he worked at a comic book store that was right next door, how we went to all the same concerts (even when they were interstate) and we even went to the exact same midnight screening once. We went to some of the same parties and just didn't see each other (until we did) and I even have a photo from a friend's birthday party at an arcade and my boyfriend is literally in the background with his mom at another birthday party.

There's a whole heap of stuff we've discovered, eventually you kind of have to wonder if it's all just a coincidence or something else was pushing you together the entire time.
>>
>>17764226
>I Love you unconditionally, and nothing you ever have done or ever will do will make me stop Loving you"
"...but I'll still burn you forever if you do something I don't like."
>>
>>17764212
>It does taint you spiritually however.
>"Sinful" acts corrupt the soul.

Thank you for another couple excellent examples of manipulation by fear. "So get untainted/uncorrupted, or else." (btw, you should also question the assumptions you made above - ask yourself 'are they really true, or have I been scared into believing them?')
>>
>>17764182
>>>17764034 (You)
>Christianity is just as "See the world the way we do, or else!" as Islam, just less openly hostile about it.
This is full retard,

True Christianity openly accepts anyone, whereas Islam is a fear based, graceless religion that openly condones rape, stoning, beheading, terrorism, and other extremist actions as perfectly acceptable under their version of justice.

Yeahhhh, don't believe me, go find out for yourself, hardhead. :)
>>
>>17764242
"You have free will except that you don't, because there's only one choice you are permitted to make that I won't kill you for."
>>
>>17764242
Think of it like fresh water. Water will never refuse you. water will always quench your thirst but it can't save you from the consequences of dehydration if you refuse it. Something like that.
>>
wow /x/ knows more about the bible than priests
>>
>>17764246
I'd like to know why you think christianity isn't fear-based when all of christianity boils down to "... or else." Believe, or else.
Sure, christianity has a very emotionally manipulative story about a guy who gets killed, and that feels so good to its followers they never stop and actually think about that story's assumptions and component parts.

And again, it all boils down to 'believe, or else' in the end.
>>
>>17764245
Again, its like asking "is somethig covered in filth actually dirty?" Yes. Of course it is. Fear has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>17764254
“It’s your choice whether to accept god or not.”
There’s an assumption here that this choice even has to be made in the first place. You believe god says ’Choose me or die.’ What if God isn’t as narcissistically needy and demanding as that, though? What if God is loving and kind instead? Genuinely unconditionally loving God: ‘You don’t need to choose me any more than you need to choose gravity. I’m here for you through thick and thin.’ Oh, that’s right, kindness doesn’t put people in mortal fear for their souls. You need people to be fearful, because fear shuts down the logical mind so that people can only react emotionally out of that fear, thus packing the churches. After all, empty churches don’t earn $$tithes$$.
>>
Lets try it out.
Dear soulmate contact me
>>
>>17764246
>LOVE AND ACCEPT GOD AS THE ONE TRUE CREATOR OR BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE FOR ALL ETERNITY
Yeah, real graceful and loving religion you got there. Next you'll tell me that there aren't Christians who think women who get abortions (doesn't matter if it was a result of rape or a defective condom) deserve to burn in hell.
>>
File: 1432929301958.jpg (48KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1432929301958.jpg
48KB, 306x306px
>>17762597
>>17762755
>>17763985
>>17764000
>>17764011
>>17764053

so im guessing the majority of /x/. wizards are fat, lonely 35+ year old white women, because those are the only people stupid enough to believe this shit
>>
>>17764254
>Water will never refuse you
Doesn't hold up. Being all-knowing means that God created you already knowing whether you'd chose to follow him, meaning he knowingly created a bunch of people he was going to throw in the incinerator once their short play-time on Earth was over.
>>
>>17764186
>>>17764166
>“It’s your choice whether to accept god or not.”
>There’s an assumption here that this choice even has to be made in the first place.
"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

>What if God isn’t as narcissistically needy and demanding as that, though?
God isn't narcissistic and needy. It's not narcissistic and needy to tell a patient to take their medicine, or tell an anorexic person to eat a cheeseburger. They need it to live.

You have your existence because God gave it to you, and if you choose to walk away from Him, He won't save you from your own free will.

"I'm so thirty and there's a stream in the desert. I'm not gonna drink, because that unloving, narcissistic, needy stream demands that I drink from it in order to survive..." ... baka.

>What if God is loving and kind instead?
He is, that's why salvation is a free gift, along with all the other supernatural gifts of God. That's the meaning of Grace, unmerited favor that you don't deserve.

>Genuinely unconditionally loving God: ‘You don’t need to choose me any more than you need to choose gravity. I’m here for you through thick and thin.’

"neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:39

>Oh, that’s right, kindness doesn’t put people in mortal fear for their souls.
Your comment tells me more about you than about religion. Why are you so afraid?

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.(1 Jn 4:16-18)
>>
>>17764276
A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Obey, little slave.
>>
>>17764259
Nah, that's not an appropriate analogy. I can show you a dog that's been rolling in mud, and we would both agree that it is dirty because anyone can see that it is. We can examine its dirty paws. There's no reason to question the idea the dog is dirty when you can see it right in front of you.
On the other hand, the idea that 'sinful acts corrupt the soul' is completely different. It carries many assumptions that need to be challenged; don't blindly accept the phrase because you've been told to believe it .

First of all: does "sin" exist? We both agree people do bad things, but laying the label of "sin" on it is an extra thing. The idea of 'sin' carries judgment with it, and there's where christianity hides the manipulation-by-fear. Secondly: the assumption that bad behavior can corrupt a soul. Can it? Your religion says yes, but that doesn't mean it's true. Other belief systems posit that a person's core essence is eternal, unchangable, pure, perfect, and that erratic earthly behavior is a result of the way someone is shaped/their life experiences in this life. That the world is just a stage, that at death we leave the stage and the character we played here.
After a play ends and the house lights come up, all the actors are seen to be just actors, no matter what roles they played on stage. All of them recieve applause from the audience.

(I have to jet for an hour-ish, but I'll be back afterwards.)
>>
>>17764191
>>>17764181 (You)
>Doesn't remove the issue of Hell. A god that is willing to inflict infinite suffering on murders and nonbelievers alike for FINITE "sin" is not loving or benevolent.
Go doesn't inflict hell on you, you inflict it on yourself.

That's like saying doctors inflict illness upon you because you won't accept the cure for your disease. YOU choose to reject the cure, YOU suffer the consequences. The only way for there to be a free will choice is for there to be an alternative to heaven, bright eyes. Have you even considered that rationally?

"It's a shame my friend made late to work because I refused his ride because I didn't like his car"... makes about as much sense, doofus.

It's a shame your friend "inflicted" that horrible fate on you... :/

You're just a rebel without a clue who would rather suffer and die than admit you need anyone or anything. And if you keep it up, you're going to end up isolated, alienated, alone, and afraid. And that's not a threat, that's a fact, because I've seen enough life to know that no one can help you but yourself.
>>
>>17764287
>you inflict it on yourself
He created everything, therefore he created Hell. So, yes, he does inflict Hell on you.
>>
remember, this is the type of thread the fat lesbo wiccan mods would never delete
>>
>>17764195
>>>17764181 (You)
>Thank you for those excellent examples of manipulation by fear and guilt. Manipulating someone's emotions has been shown to be a great way to get them to follow your religion - look at the huge success of the major religions of the world - but it doesn't mean your religion's mythology is true.
Nor does it mean your arguments against is are true either.

If you think those passages are manipulative, then you're just too much of a spiritual child to see the truth. You haven't had enough experience yet to know truth from falsehood.

You should be supporting your assertions with facts, evidence, and rational debate, not just anecdotes, because it shows your position is one of emotion, not ration. Lemme guess, it's because God said "no" to you, right? Or because He took someone away from you? Or because He did something in a way you don;t approve of?

Too bad. You;re not God. He's Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Infinite. You are a finite created being that may as well have the understanding of an amoeba compared to God's. And the fact that your pride leads you to a place where you feel qualified to judge the very God who gave you consciousness and existence, tells me a lot about you and causes me to worry about you. Because that;s how Lucifer felt right before he fell from Heaven like lightning, and now he's doomed to unrepentant, eternal separation from God because of it.

He only hurt himself.

Don't do the same.
>>
>>17764287
Oh, I need other people. I'm not a "people" person, but I still am human and therefore have a psychological need for being around other humans. What I don't need is an intangible being telling me that he created me sick but will give me the cure if I just trust him, especially when he also tells me that people who disagree with him are a regrettable but acceptable loss.
>>
File: 1392500403206.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1392500403206.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>17764000
Shaktism is older than those faiths.

It's literal pussy worship, and you can't tell me that primative humans didn't believe pussies were magic.

You are spouting Yaoi fanfics of the truth.
>>
>>17764303
>He's Omnipotent
But he couldn't handle a few iron chariots.
>Omniscient
But still insists you have free will, even though this takes a rocket-powered chainsaw to that.
>>
>>17764220
>>>17764204 (You)
>>The point is that uncleanness is an INTRINSIC state
>If I bought something that had an intrinsic defect, I would take it back to the manufacturer.
>If humans are intrinsically unclean, then that's a problem with their manufacturer.
You're so dull.

Those defects were allowed to exist because they have to exist in order for free will to exist. In order for God to create company (humans), rather than servants (angels), they had to be allowed the knowledge of the difference between Good and Evil. God knew that as soon as humankind learned the difference, they would always choose Evil sometimes, because they are finite, and not infinite. So God created a way to redeem the spiritual consequences of choosing evil (sinning), so our spirits could be in heaven with Him after our lives are done. As one like Him. We will not be like the angels, we will be ABOVE the angels, we will be like the Most High.

Your assertion has two flaws:

1. You can't understand God's full plan completely in your current state, you know what you need to know for now. You judging God's thoughts is like a toddler trying to figure out quantum mechanics, but always being distracted by the pretty pictures (math equations).

2. You can't blame a perfect God for human imperfection any more than you can blame Infinity for requiring all other numbers to be less than Inifinite. because Infinity is Singular by nature, all other numbers have to be less than infinite, in order to exist separate from Infinity. Same with us. God is perfect by nature, and the only way anything can exist independant of that perfection is for it to be less than perfect, taht is, sinful.

That is why God was Loving enough to create a free way to be saved that doesn't depend on you doing anything other than accepting it.
>>
>>17764233
>you have plenty of soul mates out there, probably around 20-30ish, you also don't need them to progress in life, so no biggy if you never meet one
Not true at all.

Those are the words of a serial monogamist.
>>
>>17764237
>There's a whole heap of stuff we've discovered, eventually you kind of have to wonder if it's all just a coincidence or something else was pushing you together the entire time.
Something was pushing you together the entire time. And that something was the Universe.
>>
>>17764327
An all-knowing god and free will are mutually exclusive, if the choices you make are already predestined they aren't really choices at all.
>>
>>17764256
>And again, it all boils down to 'believe, or else' in the end.
Show me one scripture from the New Testament that says that.

You can't because it doesn't exist.

We're not responsible for your paranoid and incorrect interpretation of God's Love and Grace, and neither is God. That's on you.
>>
>>17764261.
>“It’s your choice whether to accept god or not.”
>There’s an assumption here that this choice even has to be made in the first place.
"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

>What if God isn’t as narcissistically needy and demanding as that, though?
God isn't narcissistic and needy. It's not narcissistic and needy to tell a patient to take their medicine, or tell an anorexic person to eat a cheeseburger. They need it to live.

You have your existence because God gave it to you, and if you choose to walk away from Him, He won't save you from your own free will.

"I'm so thirty and there's a stream in the desert. I'm not gonna drink, because that unloving, narcissistic, needy stream demands that I drink from it in order to survive..." ... baka.

>What if God is loving and kind instead?
He is, that's why salvation is a free gift, along with all the other supernatural gifts of God. That's the meaning of Grace, unmerited favor that you don't deserve.

>Genuinely unconditionally loving God: ‘You don’t need to choose me any more than you need to choose gravity. I’m here for you through thick and thin.’

"neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:39

>Oh, that’s right, kindness doesn’t put people in mortal fear for their souls.
Your comment tells me more about you than about religion. Why are you so afraid?

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.(1 Jn 4:16-18)
>>
>>17764264
>>>17764246 (You)
>>LOVE AND ACCEPT GOD AS THE ONE TRUE CREATOR OR BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE FOR ALL ETERNITY
>Yeah, real graceful and loving religion you got there. Next you'll tell me that there aren't Christians who think women who get abortions (doesn't matter if it was a result of rape or a defective condom) deserve to burn in hell.
No one said that, no scripture says that, and we're not responsible for your misinterpretation of the Truth, only you are..
>>
>>17764338
>Follow Christianity or burn in Hell for all eternity
Do you even read your own scripture? Because I'm an atheist, and I'm pretty sure I've read (well, listened to, technically) more than you.
>>
>>17764275
>>>17764254
>>Water will never refuse you
>Doesn't hold up. Being all-knowing means that God created you already knowing whether you'd chose to follow him, meaning he knowingly created a bunch of people he was going to throw in the incinerator once their short play-time on Earth was over.
Knowledge of the future does not mean free will does not exist.

God can know some will choose to reject Him, and not raise a finger to change their free will. The fact that he offered a solution they did not accept is on them, not Him. And the alternative is not being created at all. So maybe you owe God a little gratitude for existence.
>>
>>17764334
>>>17764327 (You)
>An all-knowing god and free will are mutually exclusive, if the choices you make are already predestined they aren't really choices at all.
Predestination doesn't mean there is no free will.

Just because a single entity (God) knows all things, doesn't mean you do. Just because He knows how you will choose, doesn't mean our choice was not made in free will. Free will would only be violated if God stepped in, and used His knowledge to TAKE your choice from you, which He will not do. This is what people mean when they say, you are responsible for the consequences of your own choices.

For example, I may know a friend so well that I know EXACTLY how he will respond if a beautiful girl hits on him while he's married. Just because I know, just because I predicted correctly, doesn't mean he's any less responsible for cheating on his wife.

I know you get that, so don't play dumb.
>>
>>17764352
>Knowledge of the future does not mean free will does not exist.
Yes, it does. He already knows whether or not you're going to reject his dogma, meaning you never really had a choice to begin with because you were always going to make that choice.
>>
>>17764309
>>>17764303 (You)
>>He's Omnipotent
>But he couldn't handle a few iron chariots.
God handles anything that comes against Him. :) He can just uncreate anything at will, and all of cretion would have no reason to suspect it wasn't always that way. So ifyou still exist, He must have purpose for you or see promise in you.

>>Omniscient
>But still insists you have free will, even though this takes a rocket-powered chainsaw to that.
Free will and knowledge of the future are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>17764363
>Predestination doesn't mean there is no free will.
You clearly don't understand what "predestined" means, then, because it means your choices/fate were determined in advance. You can't have free will and be predestined for something at the same time.
>>
>>17764304
>>>17764287 (You)
>Oh, I need other people. I'm not a "people" person, but I still am human and therefore have a psychological need for being around other humans. What I don't need is an intangible being telling me that he created me sick but will give me the cure if I just trust him, especially when he also tells me that people who disagree with him are a regrettable but acceptable loss.
He didn't create you sick. Humanity became sick because it chooses wrongly for itself and others. And if God gives you water when you're thirsty, but you don't drink it because you don't 'trust' Him, then the only person you have to blame for thirsting to death is YOU.

What you need to do is examine your trust issues, and fear of attachment. They come from people, not God.
>>
>>17764296
>>>17764287 (You)
>>you inflict it on yourself
>He created everything, therefore he created Hell. So, yes, he does inflict Hell on you.

One day it began to rain very heavily. It kept raining and a big flood came.

A faithful man climbed up on the roof of his house, and knew that he would be OK because God would protect him.

It kept raining and now the water had reached the second floor. A boat came by and a guy in the boat said: “Hey, jump in. We will take you with us”.

“No thanks”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me”. He sent the boat away.

It kept on raining and now the water had reached the roof. Another boat came by and a guy in the boat said: “You look like you could need some help. Jump in and we will take you with us”.

“No”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me. Don’t worry about me”. The boat sailed away.

It still rained and the water was now up to his ankles. A helicopter came by and a guy in the helicopter threw down a rope and said: “Hi there my friend. Climb up. We will rescue you”.

“No”, said the man. “I’m a firm believer in God. He will rescue me. I know he will”. The helicopter flew away.

It kept on raining, and finally the man drowned.

When the man died, he went to Heaven. When entering Heaven. After giving a polite greeting and sitting down, the man asked: “Where were you, God? I waited and waited. I was sure you would rescue me, I've been a firm believer all my life, and have only done good to others. So where were you when I needed you?”

God scratched his head and answered: “I don’t get it either. I sent you two boats and a helicopter”.

tl;dr You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choices. God doesn't inflict upon you the consequences of your choices, YOU DO.
>>
>>17764296
>>>17764287 (You)
>>you inflict it on yourself
>He created everything, therefore he created Hell. So, yes, he does inflict Hell on you.
That's as retarded as saying that because Gravity pulls down, it's the 'Earth's fault' for inflicting death upon you if you jump off of the Empire State Building.
>>
>>17764386
You're really bad at analogies.
>>
>>17762180
They're true. I found mine 5 years ago and we just got together a little over a year ago. Never before have I had a more consistently intense relationship, both romantically and emotionally. Neither of us were the marrying/monogamous kind before, and now we're both talking seriously about it.

They're real, anon. Good luck.
>>
>>17764376
>He didn't create you sick
Inherited sin from Adam and Eve, try again.
It doesn't matter if you're the most kind-hearted, selfless and generous person in the world, you'll still go to hell for not believing in God because "lol, sin."
>>
>>17764399
sin is no laughing matter
>>
Where are you my soul mate? Could you be here? Any spooky grils from Brazil/South America?
>>
>>17764408
Christ, you're thick.
>>
>>17764367
>>>17764352 (You)
>>Knowledge of the future does not mean free will does not exist.
>Yes, it does. He already knows whether or not you're going to reject his dogma, meaning you never really had a choice to begin with because you were always going to make that choice.
When my cousin counseled before marriage, she predetermined to have a certain number of children. She planned before their birth to start college funds. She planned on living in a small town. She chose before their birth particular toys she would like them to play with. But her children had freewill to choose which toys to play with and which to reject playing with. It was her good pleasure to do this. She did all of this before they were even conceived. This was all done well in advance but she knew what they would like for the most part.

God’s sovereignty does not diminish man’s freewill. God never twists anyone’s arm into Heaven. God is all knowing of the past, present, and future. He alone knows what we will do. One example is that there are said to be over 600 prophecies in the Bible regarding Jesus Christ. God alone is able to know the future and the means to bring about what He desires to come to pass. God knew that I would be saved and come to a saving faith in Christ. The very fact that you are reading this may be an indication that He is or has called you for salvation. You have freewill to either reject Him or to accept this saving grace. Either way, He knew it, He planned it, He purposed it, He desired it, and He predestined the very thing that you are now reading. My prayer is that you will come today to the Savior and not reject the free give of His grace that is found only in Jesus Christ. You are free to choose it or you are free to reject it. The point is that the will of God will be done either way.
>>
>>17764419
That's not the same, moron.
>>
>>17764374
>>>17764363 (You)
>>Predestination doesn't mean there is no free will.
>You clearly don't understand what "predestined" means, then, because it means your choices/fate were determined in advance. You can't have free will and be predestined for something at the same time.
Some in the radical predestination camp claim that Jesus Christ died only for the elect. However, the Bible teaches quite clearly that Jesus Christ died for the sins of all people and wants all people to come to repentance. This does not mean that Jesus' death provides salvation for those who resist God's call.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself." (John 12:32)
For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. (Romans 6:10)
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22)
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. (2 Corinthians 5:15)
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. (1 Timothy 4:10)
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, (Titus 2:11)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; (1 Peter 3:18)
>>
>>17764391
>>>17764386 (You)
>You're really bad at analogies.
Ad Hominem attacks show me that you understand and have no rational basis for a counter argument, so I will accept your insult as a concession that I am correct, thanks.
>>
>>17764421
>>>17764419 (You)
>That's not the same, moron.
Thank you for conceding defeat by resorting to insults.

Protip: insults are for the weak-minded.
>>
>>17764419
Not remotely the same thing. "I want this number of children and want them to act this way" is not the same as "I know everything that Anon McSmitherton is going to do over the course of his life."
>>
>>17764280
>A man chooses, a slave obeys.
>Obey, little slave.
A man is not afraid to choose correctly because he is so rebellious and filled with hate that he would reject even honest, loving attempts to help him. A man chooses because of what's in his heart, not what others think, and I've made my choice, as for me and my house, we will serve God. And serve Love. And serve kindness, and reconciliation, and peace.

Not the self-loathing pseudo-anarchy that I see so often on this board that rises from nothing more than psychological injury caused by betrayal of trust.

Attachment disorders are the result of negative experiences in early relationships. If young children feel repeatedly abandoned, isolated, powerless, or uncared for—for whatever reason—they will learn that they can’t depend on others and the world is a dangerous and frightening place. That's your problem.

I will pray for you to address it, Anon.

Or maybe the Universe will send you your soulmate, someone to trust, and challenge you, and help you face your inner demons.
>>
>>17764440
>>>17764419 (You)
>Not remotely the same thing. "I want this number of children and want them to act this way" is not the same as "I know everything that Anon McSmitherton is going to do over the course of his life."
Th epoint is, Anon, even if you did know what Anon McSmitherton was going to do with the rest of his life, and you did not raise your hand to affect it in any way, your knowledge does not affect his free will in the least.

For example, time is relative. There are reference frames that see what we are doing right now as a future event. There are reference frames that see what we're doing as a past event. Just because those frames of reference exist, that in no way changes our subjective ability to choose freely RIGHT NOW.

Otherwise you don't need God to prove predestination, relativistic physics does it for you.
>>
>>17764034
wtf are you talking about have you ever read the bible for yourself?
>>
>>17764472
>>>17764034 (You)
>wtf are you talking about have you ever read the bible for yourself?
Yes.

"The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship." - Hevrews 10:1

The law (or Torah, the Old Testament) is the ":shadow". Grace (Jesus, the New Testament) is the "substance".

The Bible itself clearly states that the Old Testament is null and void, multiple sacrifices are no longer necessary because One was govin for ALL sins (Jesus), and because of that, the Old Testament way of doing things doesn't work anymore.

It's Grace, and only Grace, and that the free gift of God accepted by faith, not by works, lest any man should boast. Any ideas about salvation outside of Grace is just pride.
>>
GET OUT of this thread with your christfaggotry!

>>>/his/
>>
This is too all the niggers who doubt muh soal matage.

fuck you nigger you fucking wild animal you are nothing but a slave maybe worse get in my way and we'll fucking kill you off without a second thought lmao
>>
>>17762180
>If you believe that's real, how do you recognize your soulmate?
The concept of soul mates first appears in Genesis 2:19, “The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’” From the beginning, God designed the concept of companionship and created a picture of partnership in the first relationship between Adam and Eve, which is further evidenced throughout Scripture in the lives of Abraham and Sarah; and Mary and Joseph; and many others.

God wants to give His children the desires of our hearts, including companionship. In fact, it was God who placed that longing within us, we know He wants what is best for us and has a plan for us in regards to friendships, dating — and especially, marriage. Sadly, most Christian believers seeking God’s will in their relationships begin with the wrong question, focusing on whom peopel think they should date or marry, rather than the critical question of what qualities and values he or she should be seeking in a potential partner for life, and parent of their children.

I believe God does care about each of us with respect to finding our soul mates, and though His design involves just one soul mate at a time, it could involve more than one in a lifetime, if one outlives their spouse. Marriage is based on a daily choice to love this person, no matter how you feel, because feelings always fade.

A soul mate relationship is developed over time as one gets acquainted with their spouse and discovers who that person truly is. While this kind of love and commitment isn’t always portrayed on prime-time television or in Hollywood films, the concept of a soul mate still represents something miraculous and wonderful. It is the kind of love that comes, not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to love an imperfect person unconditionally.
>>
>>17764369
I like the way you think anon.
>>
>>17764567
>>>17764369 (You)
>I like the way you think anon.
I like the way you think as well, Anon.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.