[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God has never shown itself to the human race or communicated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 26

File: 2134.jpg (896KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
2134.jpg
896KB, 3000x1687px
God has never shown itself to the human race or communicated in any way. The beings which have claimed divinity (Yahweh, Allah, Shiva, Ahura Mazda, etc) are not truly divine beings but deluded otherworldly entities. No ancient mythology can truly be considered wisdom, even if it tells the future or its revelations align with modern science. Humans would do well to abandon all theology and spiritual practices of the past, would they not?

Haven't we all been looking in the wrong place for answers?

>The picture of the galaxy is beautiful, but should not be considered impressive. There are billions and billions of them out there, and this is but one Universe among infinite worlds.
>>
>>17517837
And how do you know they were deluded otherworldly entities?
>>
>>17517961
Is that actually important? Does the accusation not validate itself through common sense?
>>
>>17517837
Here's one for ya; if god (choose one) is real, genuinely 100% out there and omnipresent and such, wouldn't it serve believers better to NOT believe? Don't spread the word, don't pray, just give up and forget it.

God would be forced within one generation to reveal himself. Otherwise he'd be condemning children to hell by virtue of their parents not baptizing or allowing them access to the word of god.

Or we could say under those circumstances that god would allow damnation of children that have no option because he did it for those dead prior to whatever book being written and does it now to babies that die before baptism. At least in Catholicism.

I've yet to find a god worthy of worship. All are cruel in some way.
>>
>>17518028
See, that's the kind of illogical bullshit that proves my point. "I will burn you forever and ever for not knowing of me". These are the emotional ramblings of an insane man who is so insecure he must feed his own ego by punishing every deviation from his desires (or at least threatening to), lest he realize that perhaps...his desires are not so important overall?
>>
>>17517971
kek
>>
File: tumblr_mx4hy5Atv71sa4nsro5_500.jpg (67KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx4hy5Atv71sa4nsro5_500.jpg
67KB, 500x333px
>>17517837
>God has never shown itself to the human race
go outside. look at a flower.

stop anthropomorphizing God
>>
>>17517837
>God has never shown itself to the human race or communicated in any way.

Read Neale Donald Walsch's 'Conversations With God'. It answers all the questions raised in this thread, and probably many more similar ones which will be asked as a result of it. From a non-denominational viewpoint which highlights the drawbacks of traditional theology and doctrine, and emphasises the potential of one's individual spirituality and identity in whatever context you choose to express those.
>>
File: tmpiZ.jpg (515KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
tmpiZ.jpg
515KB, 3264x2448px
>God has never shown itself to the human race or communicated in any way
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>17517971
I think you are the deluded one.
>>
File: learning goddess bacopa.jpg (412KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
learning goddess bacopa.jpg
412KB, 1600x1200px
When Gods talk, plants listen. You won't believe how many times I've been around atheists who are bitching about their feet and how god is cruel etc without realizing that they are trampling all over medicinal weeds. If the atheist jerk would take off his boots, then he'd realize that god's there in that leaf of common plantain. Look it up guys, it's the first step in euro-shamanism. It is the way-bread, you can eat it if you're starving, you can use it's seeds to help you make bread, you can pound it with coconut oil or bruise it with spit and slather it on a wound. It's god's answer to our question and the steed that humanity rode through the darkest places of the spirit world. And now we spray it with martian-esque chemicals.

That yellow shit that indians put in food. Yeah that's a god dude. He can deactivate or activate many toxic or otherwise useless compounds with his friends. He's able to cure cancer, he's able to treat your acne if you ask him the wendsday before prom, he can tell you if you have a broken bone without xray, he can make yellow clothes, he can treat sinus problems, or asthma, and this is all a plant(god) revealing the sun's message with help of other spirits. Spirits are chemicals.

Athena(remember her from your public school education? They didn't educate you.) She's olive leaf, and that shit is antibiotic, if you get piled in pressed olive leaves you might survive that sword wound. If you get the apple of Shiva, you might be able to stave off fatal injuries by becoming still enough. If you are an old lady who lacks proper sex lubrication, then sexual lady goddess' sacred plants are for you.
Cannabis helps female orgasm and she's female in all cultures that worship her.
Hibiscus is sacred to Shakti and it is proven to relax muscles and lower blood pressure, in otherwords a perfect yoga sex drug that can be used safely everyday of your life, if that isn't God then I don't really know what is.
>>
>>17518865

I think you confused botany with spiritualism.
>>
>>17518865
That's your insight, but believers give personalities and human/fictional treats to their gods, that's what atheists are against, not fucking plants.
>>
>>17518871
I am atheist and can confirm that I am 100% pro plant fucking
>>
>>17518871
Look at north korea, china, russia. all of them fuck plants for the oil underneath.

I think you, alongside everyone has ancient religion confused for modern shit.

Shiva is a concept, a metaphor for stillness and gradual stable progression.

All the rituals that exist though, they were always a healing practice prior to 1500 and the burning times. And these healing herbs and ritual are the only thing that will keep mankind sane in space, I'm telling you this as a seer of both sides. I used to hate the god concept too, but hey, if you seriously look at plants that are worshipped 9 times out of 10 it's because of a benefit that would have been forgotten without the cultural connection and thus "religion"

Lotus is all sacred right? Well it can be used as a pain medicine in large amounts when combined properly with other herbs. The Buddha is usually holding a lotus because he's saying "This techinique removes pain like this" Or this will help you grow something useful even in cold muck.

If you ignore the tradition, you lose a lot about how to actually use the damn plant. The Hindus use a lot of turmeric, so our westerm "pop it in a pill so I can't taste it" doesn't work well.
>>
>>17518510
Reddit my ass, i live in Spain, a country filled with (empty) churches and considered "christian" by the foreigners. But if you say you're christian people laugh at you or don't take you seriously anymore. I'm not christian but i've been seeing this all my life.

That shows religion dying with each generation passing through, common sense is not exclusive from reddit.
>>
File: 1368012857441.gif (642KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1368012857441.gif
642KB, 300x168px
>>17518880
Here's an example when white people abandon religion and try to use it's fruits anyway.

Europeans use corn and skip the traditional ash bath that was ABSOLUTELY common sense in their native religion and they got pellegra from corn eating their food from the inside.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra

This is what happens when atheists use "only the best" of a type of crop. The peruvians who invented potatoes didn't ever grow only one type, they had 1000's of types of taters, all domesticated from the super toxic ones by making religious eating practices like dipping them in clay first. Without those practices mankind couldn't get close to that super-toxic solanine rich superstarch, without dying.

Cultural practices eventually turn into religion, have you played final fantasy 10? The practices become a suit over time and that suit has functions for an area and a time. But like metroid, you gotta use some of those previous level's powerups and if you totally forget that down b lays the bombs then you are unable to progress. Except down plus b is not at all comperable to Burn the ash of this tree and combine it with (name ommited)'s ear fungus.

Stamping out the religion just sends progress backwards, you can totally hijack it however, it's like normal and expected if you know history. But the striking gods from textbooks is not only bad, it's like evil to the future, like condemning them to take psychs because they couldn't know about their shamanic heritage so they use someone else's.
>>
>>17518887
Dude y r u typing about plants this much no offence do u have degree in plant stuff or something
>>
>>17518892

At least he used names instead of "that yellow shit".
>>
File: 640px-6H-Lambs-quarter.jpg (135KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
640px-6H-Lambs-quarter.jpg
135KB, 640x898px
>>17518892
Because it's my religion. I can talk to god through them, and God talks to me through them, and if occultists learn them again then there can be some reall fucking magic again. Rather than me being the only one who cares that gods are literally incarnating all around everybody and nobody pays them mind unless I speak up.

My friend treated her cancer with God's help and won. The prayers and stuff are medicinal.

I go around and talk to peopleand everyone is sick. Nobody knows that cures are possible so they instead look to band-aid themselves. But if everyone is universally wounded, why? I think we need to look to the past for these answers.

I don't have a degree, I worship plants not money or status. If I get a degree it's like saying "Listen to me I'm on a better religioon than you" and that's totally contrary to healing people, and even more contrary to ever feel that one is "Learned".

The weird root worshipping sages certainly didn't think they knew everything, they listened to things that others said were more lowly than themselves and made something wonderful.
I guess I'd be better called a master gardener, or a witch, or shaman more than a "scientist"

Pic related, it's a type of quinoa that lives in america like everywhere.
>>
File: 1458949146576.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1458949146576.png
12KB, 200x200px
>>17517837
>God has never shown itself to the human race or communicated in any way.
>The beings which have claimed divinity are not truly divine beings but deluded otherworldly entities.

OP, first you need to prove beyond all doubt that you're not a faggot. Please provide date-stamped pictures, documentation, and signed affidavits by eye witnesses.
After such an occurrence we will discuss this topic.
>>
>>17518911
Well, his opinion comes from the fact that someone stated God is real before. So first you should demonstrate God is real.
>>
>>17518865
Great post
>>
God is offering us a way out of Lucifers prison.

Why hate him for it?

I see God revealing himself in every step I take
>>
>>17518932
Elaborate.
>>
I see the infinite in All things.
>>
I am Yahweh, Anubis, Adonai, The Kundalini serpent

This planet is simply a playground for more technologically/genetically advanced beings.

We must awaken the Kundalini within ourselves and destroy the ones holding us back.

We are in a prison of consciousness, even the thoughts we think are under control.

We must comprehend, realize and evolve.
>>
>>17518983
>I am Yahweh, Anubis, Adonai, The Kundalini serpent
What makes you believe this?
>>
>>17518942
Im not being sarcastic at all the Bible has it all explained.

It takes some rigorous study though to piece it all together
>>
>>17519074
Im a muslim and i can confirm

Abrahamic faiths are actually pretty logical when you actually research it
>>
>Humans would do well to abandon all theology and spiritual practices of the past, would they not?

FEDORA-ALERT

no people just need to stop acting like there shit is the end all shit and just accept the fact that other people have different beliefs. we can share them but we just cant stand on them like they are facts.

anybody with any sense of spirituality is gonna know that humans just arent cappable of grasping certain concepts, and whatever the TRUTH is its probably greater than we could possibly imagine. so we make up our own stuff to fill in the gaps.

and thats all religion is, is filling in the gaps that we just cant understand currently in our evolution

old religions dont need to go away, they just need to acknowledge eachother respectfully.
>>
>>17517961
I'm not OP, but if I had to guess: It's not what any all powerful being would do. An only semipowerful being would want to bloat its own ego by making itself feel important. Say starting a cult. An all powerful being wouldn't give a flying spaghetti fuck. He'd just make people that worship and follow rules by default.
>>
>>17518028
>>17517837

Could it be that that each universe has it's own God that is one dimension higher as to be able to manipulate the lower echelons, as we create 2D worlds that for that brief moment we become their Gods if they had the mental capacity to observe us as we observe the universe?
>Ex. I create a rock that is immoveable to the people I drew on the paper. Obviously I can still move the rock as I am 3D and can erase or cut the paper out. The end result being I moved the rock which was immovable in a lower dimension but still moveable in a higher dimension. Similarly a higher dimension can create a rock imoveable in my dimension, but still moveable.

The rock would be immovable in our dimension because it would probably be 4D, but we would see a 3D object we can comprehend but not move as it doesn't operate like 3D objects. For a higher dimension would be possible. We can't comprehend how it's done yet because we have yet to translate the movement to something we can understand. When we make a 4D object and move it, we will be our own Gods.
>>
>>17518908
>>17518887
>>17518880
>>17518865
how do i talk to plants?
>>
>>17518911
Prove the opposite in exactly the same way.

>>17519089
The schemes you have just conceived must be true, somewhere.
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20100309115226/http://www.realityreviewed.com/JFK%20murder.htm
>>
>god has never shown himself to the human race or communicated in any way
except for the time he came to earth as a human and demonstrated multiple otherwordly powers including coming back from the dead.
>>
>>17519427
The feats displayed were not remarkable or impressive. Any being of significant power can do those things.
>>
Wake the fuck up. What in this entire universe is anything but divine, it's all the glory of existence itself. It's all simply amazing.
>>
>>17518865
Neat.
>>
File: infinity.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Infinity is the answer to all this.
>>
File: after re-education.png (184KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
after re-education.png
184KB, 582x600px
>>17519396
Here's the lesser invocation of camilla.

Take clean water, the less minerals the better, boil it, take tea(purchased from the astral market) and pour the water over the tea.

Do be careful not to burn yourself. Each cup of tea is a step towards knowing the plant. This goes with all things but not every tea should be boiled. Not every plant should be interacted with. But every plant has powers, best used fresh.

Like if you grow mint (it's easy as shit) then you can eventually know her feminine side, like how she can help male-pattern baldness and keep you younger looking. Or garlic and it's weird property of killing all grass in the area.

To talk to plants you open your eyes, and make slow, methodical observations. How many leefs? How much hair? Does it fuck my hand up? Does it smell good? How does it smell?

From this you can extrapolate further. From book learning you can find how the native's of it's homeland used it first. They generally know their shit. and they did it with the power of intuition and patience. every shaman has had times with piss poor intuition and it nearly killed them, but the times when they are right, they are right something fierce, and modernity is catching up slower because of our anti-intuition.
>>
>>17517837
DUDE IF GOD EXISTS WHY DOESN'T HE DO WHAT I WANT LOL
>>
>>17519089
Joseph Smith pls go
>>
>>17520654
lmao a classic meme right here.
>>
File: OM5.jpg (84KB, 801x991px) Image search: [Google]
OM5.jpg
84KB, 801x991px
>>17518880
>If you ignore the tradition, you lose a lot

Lotus is a metaphor for the mind. The 1000 petal lotus is what the highest chakra is called and refers to the brain. OM MANI PADME OM which means the ultimate reality is the jewel in the lotus which means The ultimate reality is the consciousness within the brain.
>>
>>17522844
>they call rationality meme in /x/
>>
>>17518908
Focusing too much on plants IMO. I think the real religion is psychedelics so in a way your right. If you look at the ancient mystics they used psychedelics and tried to explain the awesomeness they witnessed which became religion then all the plebs who've never done psychedelics and are scared of them wrongly interpreted the religion and here we are.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting2.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting2.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>17519074
>the Bible

stopped reading there
>>17519078
>Abrahamic faiths are actually pretty logical

Dude what!?
>>
>>17519061
Genetic disposition and/or a chemical or hormonal imbalance, possibly exacerbating or exacerbated by a childhood trauma.
>>
>>17519396
Here is the secret method for plant dreams.

You must become vegetarian for a week, nno cheese no meat, this assists you in connecting to the plants because of "You are what you eat".

After your body is vegetarian, you can speak to plants by applying a drop of urine from your body on each leaf. This is a foliar feeding, and it attunes the plant to your energies like a blodhound.

If you are a science-believer you must watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrSAc-vjG4&index=7&list=PLqHXWIX1bi0OcghPR0Eqq83Erlj1NE9mV

After you offer your urine, then the plant will visit you in dreams if you put it under your pillow. Plants talk in more ways than this documentary, but it's a good start intellectually for the plant-spiritual practice. The plants have a brain too, they're smarter the healthier their mushroom friends are.

Go to a forest covered in dead leaves or anywhere with enough moss.
moss is indicative of life energy, fairies, it indicates high humidity and if it's lusher than normal, it's because of the fungal breaths of the forest's brain-net.

Plant intellegence is like a basic analog computer, it's got a tiny bit of processing power, but it is so much bigger when connected to all the other mini-fungal computers.

Plants make decisions for others, and themselves as part of a whole. This is how God operates, and the more intact a forest, the more magical it is. The more godly it is.
>>
>>17518049
not trying to play devil's lawyer but... think about it
if you were the only thing that IS and nothing else EXIST (cuz its your creation not anything different from you), how secure about yourself would you be?
there's a lot of philosophical implications right there about being the ONLY something and the rest is NOTHING.
>>
>>17518504
not reply for spoonfeed but can u give some ''intro/synopsis'' about the ''Neale Donald Walsch's 'Conversations With God'
cuz i really dont want to suddendly download a pdf of 150+ pages of somebody self thoughs and without any context.
>>
>>17523776
Just read the intro chapter friendo. I started the read and am several pages in and seems to be pretty good so far. Some suspension of disbelief in that you are supposed to be literally talking to God, but as a seeker that's what I was seeking anyway so whatever lol.
>>
>>17517837
>God
Well. I'm kind ignorant.
But I have met them. But more than gods, they're a bag of curved ego
>>
>>17523776
Also the context is literally "God is always showing himself to humankind but no idiot ever listens"
>>
File: 1459230169220.png (56KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1459230169220.png
56KB, 900x900px
>just leaving the mark of Echs itt so it may soak up some knowledge of its obsolete competitors. carry on.
>>
>>17523766
You're assuming its mind is anthropomorphic.

>>17525540
They are, so how are you ignorant if you have had this revelation?
>>
File: oh x.gif (1000KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
oh x.gif
1000KB, 500x255px
>>17525653
Way to think inside the box there. What is that, a box within a box within a box? How do you expect to think outside the box ith that? Or replace any of the interactions that make Gods so cool. Gods interact like forces of nature. Echs needs a succubus girlfriend made of hearts, lol that'd be kawaii. And she could like have death god eyes and like be able to see like names of people and stuff. for echs to put his secret curses onthem to make them die, lol.
>>
File: inturn.png (169KB, 1615x842px) Image search: [Google]
inturn.png
169KB, 1615x842px
>>17527121
>Way to think inside the box there. What is that, a box within a box within a box?

BOX, that's exactly it.

>Echs needs a succubus girlfriend made of hearts, lol that'd be kawaii. And she could like have death god eyes and like be able to see like names of people and stuff. for echs to put his secret curses onthem to make them die, lol.

I think he's got one. pic related
>>
>>17525695
>You're assuming its mind is anthropomorphic.
Aren't we made in his image?
>>
>>17527224
brilliant.
>>
God showed us himself through his Son. We cannot see the Father except through the Son.
>>
ITT: people put limitations on the root of all being

lol
>>
>>17525695
its not asuming if its anthropomorphic or not, its about BEING and everything else its NOT.

1) if god is like the abrahamanic religions tell it is... yeah it's kind of anthropomorphic.

2) if your definition of god is this collective conciousness wich is all knowledge, lives in every dimension and bla bla bla... it still is experience itself via creation... it would be still insecure enough.
>>
>>17525525
i search'd it and the first thing i encounter was a critic
http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/spirituality/Occult.html

now im biased for they call it, ''new age'' bullshit :/
>>
>>17527233
Everything is, in a way.

>>17527435
A being in ancient Israel with a creator complex and enough magic tricks to flood a tiny planet and raise the dead had a son. Your point?

>>17527439
Yep.

>>17527440
You're still thinking its anthropomorphic.. or thinking in an anthropocentric way. You're assuming it reacts to existential questions in the way humans would and possesses an ego as humans do. You're assuming existential implications are even relevant to its nature and mindset. This is anthropocentric.
>>
>>17518415
Best response ITT.
>>
bump for enlightenment
>>
File: 1440781890355s.jpg (11KB, 250x184px) Image search: [Google]
1440781890355s.jpg
11KB, 250x184px
>>17518865
>>
>>17517837
>or communicated in any way
What about Tomoko? Were you here for those threads?
>>
>>17518028
>a god worthy of worship
That which would require worship, doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>17518415
>stop anthropomorphizing God
Only if you stop deifying nature. Goddamn.
>>
>>17525653
Blessed be.
>>
>>17527867
Can you imagine how pissed god's gonna be when it finally wakes up?
>>
>>17523221

What about fungi? Fungi aren't plants but are just as good.
>>
>>17517971
If it's self-validated through common sense just run through the common sense and then people asking will understand.

It's pretty clear that somebody doesn't know if they need to ask.
>>
>>17530252
Right, but, if that was OP responding, or hell, even if it wasn't, then the questions they just asked were rhetorical. Basically OP doesn't want to bother talking to idiots that can't comprehend common sense without having it spelled out for them. You have to filter for thinkers if you want to have a dialogue with 'em.
>>
>>17530202
>Only if you stop deifying nature
what
>>
>>17530196
I think this person gets it.

>>17530252
Let's start here: it would be foolish to believe that god looks like an elephant. Why an elephant? Of all possible species throughout the Universe, on planets uncounted, why an elephant? Why something from Earth?

>>17530291
It was me and that is correct.
>>
>>17517837
There is no God, only the collective consciousness of all living beings
>>
>>17517837
We are abandoning all of that shit, it's called science.
>>
>>17531565
To look familiar. No one can handle the creators true form, their eyes burn out of their skull and then they die.
>>
File: Divine Cannon 4.jpg (52KB, 515x700px) Image search: [Google]
Divine Cannon 4.jpg
52KB, 515x700px
>>17530301
>>17530202
whoops i read deifying as defying.
to answer your question, why should we not deify nature? it's the unifying singularity that governs the entire universe. It created and supports everything. It's where we come from, and where we will return to. it's an all-encompassing essence that defines the universe we exist in.

humans as a species are also part of nature which explains the whole macrocosm/microcosm approach to metaphysics, and the idea that God created us in his image. see pic related.
>>
>>17532175
>to answer your question
I didn't ask one.
>why should we not deify nature?
You did. The idea is that if you really want people to stop doing even so much as one stupid thing, you should yourself be willing to stop doing at least one stupid thing. There's no question involved in getting and equivalent offer in response to an offer you made. But lemme read your post anyway.

Yeah, everything you just said it bunk. Even after all that I can still ask, "Why deify nature?" and the answer isn't found in your post. Yeah nature made us possible, but who cares? Deifying it won't do justice to nature's "effort" because nature didn't put in any effort. There's nothing to appreciate or worship except for the fact that you have senses, a mind, and your own personal individuality. Nature wouldn't be worth deifying if it hadn't made all this.

But seriously I think you and I have entire different notions of what it means to deify something. I was making a joke about how deification and anthropomorphism are virtually identical.
>>
>>17531588
You're winning.

>>17531780
Science will reconcile with spirituality in the not too distant future.

>>17531784
Why? Is the Creator that ugly, or are you suggesting that some sort of absurd pure/impure/righteous/unrighteous dynamic exists where you're impure just for existing? Only humans would come up with such a stupid concept.
>>
>>17517837
Correct
>>
>>17532620
>impure just for existing?
But that's how I actually feel, and I'm pretty sure I'm the god you're looking for.
>>
>>17517837
>>
>>
killttokurt
>>
>>17530244
Yeah, and if you talk to plants, you are always talking to fungi too. They are seldom seperate in nature. In fact, if you talk to fungi, they will tell you of connectedness, like god and more.
>>
>>17532748
>sure I'm the god
You're delusional.
>>
>>17517837
what if god communicates through us bro.
>>
>>17534013
or what if god was one of us
>>
>>17518870
This.

>faggot pawns of the demiurge please go.
>>
>>17534015
No one can bow low enough.
>>
>>17517971
So, you just cant answer that? Or you're a role play faggot. Pick one anon, dont come spewing answers and wisdom if you cant answer one question.
>>
>>17518916
But anon, OP made a thread claimig something, then when asked for proof said that proof wasnt important
"does that really matter?"
So yes, no one can prove god is real easily, but op can not prove his statement as true either.
>>
>>17534015
Why Earth?

>>17534060
>>17534069
Did I not offer you the opportunity to prove that what I am saying is inaccurate? Can you not do that? And no, I cannot prove my points to you. If a flood is not proof of divinity, then what tricks could I possibly pull off that would verify me as wise? Why would I even WANT you to believe me based on some kind of paranormal stunt when precisely what I have said all along is that none of the feats performed by Jesus Christ or any other being are sufficient to prove their wisdom authoritative? Even if I could part the seas, move the sun or even move the entire galaxy, that is but a tiny insignificant act for there are billions of galaxies among infinite universes. Is that not common knowledge? A being could be powerful enough to perform feats for all inhabited planets in 60,000,000,000,000 different universes and that would still not prove that they are divinely ordained because that is absolutely nothing. These feats would be worthless, TINY and miniscule. Utterly meaningless and not impressive in any way. Many of you listen to someone whose greatest feat is hurling tiny meteors at tiny cities (Sodom and Gomorrah) and surviving physical death. If I could do something like that, and you listened to me because of it, it would only prove that you were impressed by small things. It would not prove my point. It would not prove that I know what I am talking about.
>>
File: giphy.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>17518865
>implyong bread has seeds and can be used as a medicinal salve
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>>17517971
>>
File: IMG_1297 (2).jpg (93KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1297 (2).jpg
93KB, 480x640px
>>17517837
What if you're wrong?
>>
>>17518870
Really. >>17518865 is retarded.
>>
>>17536014
Worth the risk, honestly. Directly confronting god to smite you might not be worth the risk but having the freedom to think quite literally whatever you want is irreplaceable.
>>
Christ Yeshua counts. Watch the video by Christ white on Extra biblical sources if you're one of those people who think he didn't exist.
>>
>>17536014
Anything is possible. I'd find it unlikely beyond parallel to find that one of the human stories is true. Why not an alien religion?

>>17537794
I never said he doesn't exist. Believe me: he exists. He exists and everything they say he did is probably true. This, however, is not proof of his divinity. The things he did are not easy (to a human being), but they are not hard either.
>>
Can't tell who's bating who anymore
>>
>>17539150
Batters gone bat. Heeeey batterbatterbatter, heey batterbatterbatter, swing!
>>
Why do you all argue these things? Regardless of your narrow minded opinions on the matter God will do whatever he wants and there isn't a person who can stop him.

To be honest im amazed that he sees anything in humans at all. Your all self centered, selfish, contemptble beings. Too short sighted, too ignorant, too hateful, too ready to blame your problems on someone or something else. If God came to you tomorrow and said prove why i shouldn't efface you all from existence what could you possibly say? We have fucked the earth, we have fucked other creatures, and we have fucked each other for thousands of years

If it was not for God's direct intervention we would have gone extinct long ago
>>
>>17539256
>Too short sighted, too ignorant, too hateful, too ready to blame your problems on someone or something else. If God came to you tomorrow and said prove why i shouldn't efface you all from existence
We were truly created in his image.
>>
>>17539256
>>17539273
Forgive. That's your biased opinion as someone who is stuck on this planet. When it's all said and done, the horrors of this world are only some phenomena out of infinite phenomena. They happen because they are possible. All which is possible, happens. The essence of God is the essence of all which is possible, which is why it can never be constrained to an anthropomorphic form. Something which shares an image with Humanity could never encompass all that Is.
>>
>>17517837
What took you so long, brother?
>>
>>17539307
I never stated how long it took me, unless you mean to appear here.
>>
>>17539273
Lol the reason you are those things is because you think the thoughts of man and not of God.
>>
>>17517837
Could you define what you mean by God, so I can respond?
>>
>>17539295
To be honest you sound like a fortune cookie. God -does- have an anthropomorphic representation but He is more than just that. He is the sum of all that is, both known and unknown, in all likelyhood even more. Even grasping Him is beyond human intellect. For a long time i scoffed at peoples reverence of him because i did not see his hand in every day matters but now that i know the truth i pitty "ordinary" people.

Don't you realize most, if not all of you have been living your lives with your eyes half shut? We owe God, not just for our creation, but our continued survival. We would have gone extinct long ago if it wasn't for his direct intervention in matters
>>
De Natura Deorum- this is a book about god written in 45 BC, is supposedly one of the most influential books of theology. A lot of christian friends have suggested me to read it, does someone here have heard about it?
>>
>>17539571
You sound like someone who does not comprehend the nature of things. On Earth, species live and go extinct. The dinosaurs lived many millions of years before they went extinct. Humans have been around but a few hundred thousand, and based on that, in contradiction to all reason, you assert that they are privileged. This is hopeless nonsense.

God has no anthropomorphic representation. You revere God, but you grasp not the extent to which it defies your form and intellect. It is beyond any need to communicate. It is beyond any need to interfere in the evolutionary process (save or destroy a favored species; it is above favoring any species). You do not revere God enough. You do not respect God enough. You even give God a gender, a sex, something for all you know exists only among species of this planet. This is ludicrous.
>>
>>17539677
>>17539677
>>
>>17539677
>>17539560
>>
>>17539677
You assume too much.

I'm well aware i have a lot to learn and there is even more that i will never grasp. I assert nothing, what human could when delving into things such as the nature of God? I simply go by what is written and my own experiences. I refer to Him as He because it is what He chose for Himself. Obviously He has no actual need for a gender, any toddler could figure that out.

What of you? What is that makes you so sure of yourself?
>>
>>17539677
>This is ludicrous.
Honestly it's just human.

I really don't care about anthropomorphism.
>>
>>17539755
I shall not say what makes me so sure of myself, beyond stating that anyone can be wrong. It is irrelevant whether I am wrong or not.

What has been written (if you speak of Christianity) of is Yahweh. Yahweh is not God. He is a being of substantial power compared to the other things in our neighborhood, but he is not the Creator. He is delusional.
>>
>>17539677
The way i see it you are either an extraordinarily pompous human or you are not.

If you are not human than you defeat your own argument that God is above playing favorites with species because if he didn't you wouldn't be living as a human shit posting on 4chan
>>
>>17539802
What am I to make of this?

I defeat your argument easily: Humans have only been here for what? A million years? Other species have survived longer on this planet by far. Are they not favorited in that case? Is your only argument that humans have not gone extinct yet? What a silly argument swallowable only by the short-sighted.
>>
>>17539818
To the best of my knowledge dinosaurs didn't have nukes. Us not using them on each other intentionally is suprising enough as it is, but even that you could caulk up to chance. No its the fact that nothing has accidentally gone wrong that is evidence that someone is looking out for us. Do you have any idea how many close calls we have had? In 1961 an armed nuke accidentally fell out of a plane in north carolina and didnt go off for "some reason" it is just one example of so called "near misses" involving nuclear arms that has happened over the years. Someone is looking out for us

You still didn't answer my question. If you are a human you need to fuck off. If you are not then why the hell are you here on this rock?
>>
>>17539818
Op answer this >>17539818
>>
>>17539847
A drive to survive and an awareness of the consequences prevented a nuclear exchange during the Cold War. You may argue, in that regard, that it is the nuclear weapons themselves that look out for mankind.

A single Broken Arrow would not wipe out the human species. Your point is moot.

You have no basis for cussing at me besides your own edginess, no right to question my presence or to decide whether I am welcome in my own discussion. Perhaps you are the pompous one. Perhaps you, who has a simple-answers theories, are the one who shouldn't be talking. All you have is simple answers and a need for big explanations for small things.

>>17539854
Tell me what to answer.
>>
>>17539876
Can you tell me what you mean, when you say God.

What is your definition of God
>>
>>17539876
Your failure to grasp simple cause and effect while needing to talk in circles to assert your own superiority is tedious at best. If a nuke did accidentally go off in 1961 the americans would have thought it was an attack by the USSR and would have retaliated.
>>
>>17539876
Thus far your entire argument has been "dinosaurs were here longer" aside from the obvious lack of substance this argument contains i do find it suspect that you hold to the mainstream view of archeology. At best its guess work on their part. There are many missing links and many more things that dont fit in the established time line but you post on here implying your a higher being but at the same time say "nope, humans got this one just right"

Im guessing by what you have said that you are a gnostic that drank his own kool aid. To be frank the vast majority of what you all believe is lunacy at best.
>>
>>17539916
>implying your a higher being
No, OP is just making conversation. I'm the only one ITT that's actually claimed any higher status.

Personally I'm interesting in seeing what comes of this thread, so I'm monitoring it even if the immediate discussion seems tedious and nauseating.
>>
>>17539923
I'm not him, nor have you ever replied to me before, but...

You claim a higher status? You think you're special?
>>
>>17539885
God is the combination of all energy, matter, alternate physical material and consciousness created by the multiversal Big Crunch which exists outside of time.

>>17539893
Why are you so angry? Of course I considered that possibility, but you are struggling after a way of logically asserting a moot point. Even in the event of a full-blown nuclear exchange, Humanity would most likely survive and would one day recover to continue adding centuries and millennia to its short time on this Earth. The fact Humans have not gone extinct yet does not, and will not prove your point. No matter how many Nikita Khrushchevs you put in front of you, you cannot hide from the fact that there is no reason to believe your species is favored. It's not, and it never will become favored no matter how many short millennia it has to build its technology and wisdom. Civilizations rise and fall. Species survive for however long. I get that you're insecure, as deep down you must know what I am saying is correct, but you should embrace that rather than wasting more time making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>17539940
>special
God no. I just want to be normal. It's not my fault I set the universe in motion. I don't know if I can say I was happier before I woke up to my omnipotence or not, but it's become clear that this is the world I desire for myself right now. For better or worse, if it manifests humanity or not, I want to spend this time being as human as possible.
>>
>>17539943
No, the only thing i resent about you is that you feel ok with spreading misinformation. The fact of the matter is you do not see what is right infront of your eyes. I am afraid you are lost like a ship without a sail.
>>
>>17517837
>2016
>not worshipping Baphomet
The entity you speak of exists, and it is the non-entity of Chaos. Even faggy Greeks knew this.
>>
>>17539954
Then you should know that hell is an unpleasant place. It is indeed a "lake of fire" but it is not like magma, it is the consistency of water but it burns like fire. Personally i find it...unpalatable. Indefinate punishment for finite amount of sins and all that but it is what it is. Some thing about maintaining balance or what have you

It doesn't take long for an individuals' identity to be stripped away and all that is and ever will be is the pain
>>
>>17539965
What you should be afraid of is not the narrative of your fantasies about me, but the fact that I shall not say anything this night that will wake you from your daydream. If I were you, I could just as easily and by similar logic conclude that because water covers most of the surface of the planet and the oceans are largely continuous, that the ocean itself is God asleep. By the logic which justifies your point, I could call the water in the human body the human soul. I could say that because water is so vital to human survival that this proves, indeed, that the ocean is God, and then I could say that the reason humans cannot drink from it is because it is too holy. I could say that only fresh water, in lakes detached from the main body of God, is lowly enough for humans to drink. I could say, then, that this is right in front of your eyes and that I pity you for not seeing it. How silly you are, Anon, and how unfortunate that you believe these things.
>>
>>17539980
>an individuals' identity to be stripped away
Bitch please. I fantasize about being trapped in a void for cosmic ages. Losing my identity would be amazing no matter how I look at it. Your myopic whelp of a false god means shit all in the face of true human values. Get out more and learn that not everyone is afraid of the same little bullshit that scares you at night. I bet you don't even know what Jesus himself said when he met people like me.
>>
>>17539989
I'm afraid you have been mislead. There is no redemption for you until you turn back from your ways of worshiping false gods and engaging in occult worship.

Someone i cared about deeply is on the same road you are and pains me deeply. I will tell you what i told her.

Turn back, the path you walk is a dead end
>>
>>17539993
Turn back, the path you walk is a dead end
>>
>>17539993
>>17539997
The truth of the matter is that neither one of you can even reach my feet and it is the way it will stay
>>
>>17540001
Fuck off. You know nothing of my life and experiences. Seriously, stop being a cunt.
>>17539997
Fuck off. You know nothing of that anon's life and experiences. Seriously, stop being a cunt.
>>17540008
Post your address. Let's see how quickly your god can protect you from a challenge you created.
>>
>>17540013
I thought you were God? Wouldn't it be a small thing for you to know exactly where i was and everything about me? Im afraid that the one true God has decreed your kind be crushed.

Know that i take no pride in it. It is just something that needs to be done
>>
>>17540025
>i take no pride in it
Then, like I said, just fuck off because nobody believes you here. The idea that your bitchy little pissfest of a religion matters at all to me is an insult to human dignity.
>>
>>17540031
And what religion would that be?
>>
>>17539997
There is nothing for me to give or to gain by speaking to you further. I shall allow God to decide where your life leads from here on out.
>>
>>17540037
Some manner of egotastic Abrahamic cuntery. I've long since lost any whim to care to distinguish between the lot of your brands of bullshit.
>>
>>17540038
But isn't he above playing favorites? You contradict your own statement. What you two imagine as power is nothing but parlor tricks. Due to your own arrogance you have given yourselves over to a powerful illusion. You do not even see your own nonsense.

In time i will be ready. At most you have 4 years, most likely less
>>
>>17532620
Well the creator that made you and every other person and monitors and has monitored every person, animal in existence requires a lot of power, this being also created the entire universe. Is it so hard to think that we would not be able to look upon him. And if you cannot look at the sun, something that he created, how can you hope to look upon him with these mortal eyes.

We are created with limitations so that having faith becomes difficult, and I ly those with a serious dedication to the next life may one day look upon the face of the creator.
>>
>>17540043
As i said 4 years, probably less. Then we will see who is correct and who is mislead.
>>
>>17540053
>isn't he above playing favorites?
Did you see my smite you for my own selfish reasons? Did you see my fuck with your internet connection or manipulate the mods to ban you? Did you see me do anything other than treat you like the little bitch you are when you act under the guide of that retarded judgmentalism you shit all over our board? No?

Then there's no favoritism here. You already have all the options you need to live your life by. If you think your options differ all that greatly from anyone else's, please let me know so I can fix it.
>>17540056
>requires a lot of power
No honestly it's all passive will at this point. It takes no effort on my part.
>created with limitations
Pure bullshit. I've never seen a disabled person yet.
>>17540057
I said fuck off. Nothing happens in four years and you're delusional for thinking that anyone needs to judge between two shitposters on 4chan. Whether I'm omnipotent or not doesn't mean shit. Go live your life somewhere that won't make others have to deal with your preachy pretentious challenges.

Or else, again, post your address and we'll see if the world is dictated by divine intervention or mortal folly. I don't care either way.
>>
Tick tock tick tock

Thats the sound of your time running out
>>
>>17540074
Pure shitposting.
>>>/out/
>>
>>17540053
I could easily theorize that Ignorance is the true Satan. You are almost like a possessed person on a mission to waste time with pretentious statements punching above their weight (your tactic is to have me prove that 2+2 is not 5, repeatedly; I will not play into such nonsense). Floods and plagues are parlor tricks. Ploys and false accusations will get you no further with me. God shall decide your future, as it decides everyone's, including mine. Twisting that into me saying someone is favored is just another claim that 2+2 is 5. Be gone, small creature. Be gone, obnoxious gnat. On this path you find yourself, you can never hope to match even the person you are left with here after I ignore you.
>>
>>17540081
I do not speak to sway your opinion, just to alert the nieve to the concequences of going down your path. In a sense ignorance is the devil, but it is not pure knowledge that is the opposite of ignorance, it is a true understanding of how things actually work.
>>
>>17540073
You don't understand. Try looking at the sun for 5 minutes and tell me limitations are bullshit. Stop playing the fool.
>>
>>17540081
What you said to me i say to you. You must be mad because some part of you knows what i say is true.

I am the end of the line for you and your kind. I wish there was another way, we could have worked together in the past but your kind has always slapped our hand away
>>
>>17517837
People gradually started to stop "looking" when tv's were released, and have officially stopped looking thanks to smartphones.

On a side note, just because God doesn't decide to answer you doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

That picture is fake. And do you know for an absolute fact that there are billions of galaxies out there? I'm not saying there isn't either, but don't believe everything people tell or show you without physical looking for the answers yourself, especially when it comes from the biggest deceivers of all time; Nasa.
>>
>>17540081
>God shall decide your future, as it decides everyone's, including mine
I just want to say, you've been excellent ITT. Your ability to see through bullshit posturing is top tier. I just hope you recognize that your ability belongs to you, permanently. It's a given and you are entirely free to do with it what you please. No matter what paths were there before you became aware of them, every such path is yours to follow if you choose to follow it.
>>17540090
>your path
>as if you know which that is
>>17540093
And when I have? The fuck makes you think that I'll see anything the same way you did?
>>
>>17540103
>your kind has always slapped our hand away
You're a flippant little bitch and your logic is so far below OP's level that it's almost and insult to think you're allowed to share a thread with him. Luckily I don't give a shit and OP seems content to reply so I guess that's that.

Your reply was literally the "mature" version of
>no u
Go home and stop wasting your time preaching to people that've already met and discarded your kind as trash.
>>
>>17540104
The truth is reality is less like a solid and more like a liquid. It is constantly shifting and rearranging to achieve equilibrium
>>
>>17540111
And where did "no u" come from? Who thought of it and why did they decide to say it? Why did it catch on?

The very reason it exists is because it is true of me. I am a mirror for every last person on the planet, whatever they see me as they themselves are.

As i said you have no understanding of how reality actually works. If it was just you i would carry on about my business but you want to drag down good people with you and i cant let that go in good conscience
>>
i like to think that god has created multiple civilizations throughout the universe and each have their own history and bible like we have. is there a term for this? there has to be

and it's scary to think that what i mentioned above is restricted to only one universe when there are possibly an infinite amount
>>
>>17540128
>a mirror for every last person on the planet
Oh, you're THAT shithead. No wonder you've no sense of when to shut up.

Goodnight.
>>
>>17540130
Plausible. Its fun to think about at the very least
>>
>>17540139
Its as they say, first be true to yourself.

I never did know how to keep my mouth shut :P
>>
>>17540161
sometimes, i dive into the thought of god trying to please his god(s) and is in "competition" -- or even joint-effort -- with other deities, but then i stop myself. sh-should i keep going without stopping myself? i know i really shouldn't ask strangers about this kind of spiritual thing, but i just can't help it
>>
>>17540168
Keep going, im interested in what you think
>>
>>17540188
hierarchy system, i guess, and possibly an afterlife into another afterlife, into another one, etc. i don't know what happens when they reach the "final afterlife." either way, your guesses are as good as mine with something like this

i really should just go back to church
>>
>>17517837
>>17517837
Why would God not come in human form? If he was God he would have to. You Gnostic/New Age faggots are gonna have to deal with the fact Christ was real, he was the Son of God and he will judge your little mystic mumbo jumbo for the Satanic garbage it is
>>
>>17540201
Personally i haven't seen any evidence of other dieties but im still new to this so i can't say with first hand knowledge, however i do feel its worth noting that the vast majority of the world belong to religions of abrahamic decent.

Honestly church isn't for everyone. Infact jesus was always at odds with the established religion at the time. He criticized their traditions and said it is what kept them from realizing the truth. I feel like the exact same thing has happened in our time

The reason he said that he had come to turn father against son and mother against daughter was because of "Gods plan" the plan up until Jesus arrived was to make jesus. Once that had been done a new plan was set in motion. The plan for the parents of his day was different for their children, which is why they were put at odds with each other.
>>
>>17540215
You think it's different today? Jesus still wants you to turn against your parents. Honoring your parents is Old Testament bullshit - the type of psychological conditioning that keeps you in line worshipping "The Father", keeps you prejudiced, keeps you viewing certain people as more special, rather than everyone as your brother and sister.
>>
>>17540208
Jesus being God is a common misconception, the two were seperate entities that worked together. Think of it as cogs in a machine. God is the big cog to the right, Jesus is the cog to the left and the holy spirit is the intermediary between the two. Together they worked in unison as a tho they were one machine
>>
>>17540226
Its not what he meant. You have heard it said "follow your heart" well in Jesus day the heart that the parents he spoke of led them in one direction while it led the children in the other. Neither was wrong, it was just that Gods purpose for them was different which inevitably led to conflict between them.

The OT is just as good as the NT. Both are from God and they both teach us something about Him
>>
It's hard to see and to accept, but it's the way it is. We have no chance at peace and progress until the Old Testament is relegated to the dustbin of history.
>>
>>17540261
This is untrue. Peace and progress have nothing to do with religion, nationality, or ideology. The truth is there are some people who are shit and there is some people who are not
>>
File: 5CfVdO6.jpg (996KB, 2938x1652px) Image search: [Google]
5CfVdO6.jpg
996KB, 2938x1652px
Going to piggy back here and say this.

From the vast and incomprehensibly complicated expanse that is our universe and the trillions of stars...

To the sheer extent all of time spans from one big bang or great freeze to another.

To all the other dimensions of space, and planes of existence beyond our own.

Surely there is room enough in all of that complexity for divinity or intelligence as an origin to us.

Whether there is or is not a God and or afterlife: You should live live as a decent and compassionate person because that type of behavior is all that can save our race and make life worth living.

Then when the time comes and you find out.

I hope it is beautiful and wonderful.

Even if that continuity is only chemically through the billions of lifeforms your physical remains go on to nourish and the stars that burn from your elements in the eons to come.

My opinion has always been that if there is a God he does not intervene for anything as this existence is so brief, it is only a place in which for us to grow.

Look up The Egg

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

I hope you all have a decent life. There is such amazing beauty in everything around us and we waste so much time looking for answers in material possessions and social status.

Take a day off to go visit a river or stream, and appreciate the life that is coursing through everything around you.

Whether intelligent or not, you are part of an ecological system spanning the world over.
>>
>>17518865
>if that isn't God then I don't really know what is.

It isn't, and you don't.
>>
>>17540271
And the people who are shit find their pride, tribalism, and militancy in the sick, twisted message of the Old Testament.
>>
>>17540276
>You should live live as a decent and compassionate person because that type of behavior is all that can save our race and make life worth living.

Yes, do the right thing, not because you expect a reward but because -it is- the right thing to do
>>
>>17540297
If it did not exist they would find it elsewhere. Ever met a vegan? Same shit different jacket.

What exactly is it about the OT that ypu find distasteful? Didn't Jesus say that just as it was with Noah so it would be with the second coming?
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.