[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dream thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: gunshowcomics.png (416KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
gunshowcomics.png
416KB, 800x1184px
Does anyone else sometimes have dreams that predict the future? For example, when I was younger I had a dream that I was sitting on my knees at our coffee table in the living room playing with some sort of toy, nothing special but a couple weeks later I was doing that exact thing, I had completely forgotten about it but it just hit me out of nowhere that I had dreamed everything happening at that moment, right down to my mother sitting on the couch reading a magazine. Sorta like deja vu, but it happens in the dream first.
>>
This happens to me alot , I read that it was a sign that you're about to do something important or like a significance of the event and or just showing you, you're on the right path
>>
File: thebox.png (482KB, 700x1065px) Image search: [Google]
thebox.png
482KB, 700x1065px
I had a dream that I was woken by my alarm clock, but then later on I was woken by my alarm clock and realised I was dreaming the first time.

Being woken by an alarm clock isn't difficult for my brain to predict when I go to sleep on a weeknight, though.
>>
>>17078931

What the fuck do you think the catalog is for?
>>
>>17101840
when i was young i had a recurring dream of visiting my uncles to their beach house as an alien invation took place and i had to hide in rooms to avoid getting caught.

still waiting for that day to happen
>>
>>17101840
I've had a total of 4 dreams to date with Donald Trump. The first dream was of a parade outside of a resort that Trump owned. There was some guy dressed with American Flag colors that was cheering that ran into me, and then the float where the Donald was on passed by. After that I wondered into the resort, through some golden gates. I remember walking around and even going on different floors.. then I ran into what seemed to be a deli/cafe that served food. There were three hispanic men running it. I asked for directions, left, and then ended up looking through a window just in time to watch a gray alien kill the hispanic guys with some sort of ray gun. He then peered around to make sure there were no witnesses, and I'm pretty sure he saw me, but he just ignored me and walked away. I was freaking out and excited that I had just discovered that ayy lmaos were no joking manner.
The second dream was basically me and Donald eating with some company. I remember telling him that at the inaugural address he should tell Obama that he's fired, and that he should do the little cobra-bite movement with his hand like on The Apprentice.
The third dream I can't currently recall, but the 4th was basically me at the Trump Tower filling out an application. Some guy started yelling at me because the Trump grabbed my bag on his way out of the room and carried it with him.
>>
YES OP
your the first other person to say so.
I've had dreams that perfectly mirror a moment of time months before the event even occurs. I never know for certain what is a premonition or not.
>>
>>17102437
>woken
>woken
>woken
>>
>>17103405
Hey, PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE STIL HERE, The same has been happening to me
>>
>>17102363
What if you change the outcome?
For example i dreamt of situation that didn't end well so after when it was actually happening i acted different and i changed the outcome to a more positive one
Does it mean i changed something i wasn't supposed to change?
>>
This has honostly been happening to me my entire life, I'd say I've had it happen 15-20 so far. But it's always such a jarring feeling like "I know this, I know what's going to happen next" it's never really anything important.
>>
>>17103459
>>17103405
Give an actual example of what you have experienced please.
>>
>>17105365
Can you tell us more about it? Maybe you are a spirit child.
>>
>>17105410
Wut? The fuck is a spirit child?
>>
>>17105400
Op here, an instance was the summer of my sophomore year I dreamed of sitting in our schools comp lab next to one of my friends in the front row third from the aisle, and then a few months later there I was, sitting in our comp lab in the exact position in the room as I was in my dream, with the same friend next to me.
>>
Dreamt an ex and a friend were holding hands and walking away from me. They were far away. Several weeks later they started dating in real life.
>>
>>17101840
You see the future on occasion. You are not alone though i doubt consultation with others will yield you anything more than conclusions you'd have arrived at yourself eventually. Think of it as a glitch or maybe a chronic illness if you're so inclined as there don't seem to be any known method to cultivate or even control the phenomena.

A fun experiment you can try for yourself is to wait for an incident you'll recall in perfect clarity prior to its unfolding. Attempt to defy it. I'm sure you'll find the results quite fatalistic.
>>
>>17107488
Except not all my dreams are like this, I never know when one is going to come true. Every 10 dreams I have I might have one that comes true, and coupled with the fact that I rarely have dreams makes it even more predictable
>>
This happens semi-frequently to my boyfriend. He's been having these dreams since he was a kid.
First one I heard of was when we were in his garage. I was in the office reading a book and he was working on his car. He comes in to where I was sitting and we were just having small talk, and then he stops and just looks at me with this puzzled face. I asked him what was up and he insisted for about 5 minutes that this exact moment already happened. Later on in the day he connected the dots and remembered the dream.

We've both looked into it and we both have some theories - but really no solid idea of what this is.
>>
I had this happens to me a lot, ever since I was little, sometimes I will have the dreams weeks or even months before. The strangest one was when I had a dream of me near a river, and I was walking on a dock, same thing happened a few weeks later.
>>
>>17101840
I'm just going to say that I am not an /x/fag and do not believe in the supernatural, but here's my experience regardless.

I have had dreams that seem to predict the future, but they are always small and insignificant; conversations with friends, overhearing a stranger, that kind of thing; I never realize that I had the dream until it actually happens in real life, and I am filled with an overwhelming sense of deja vu.

The weird thing however is that those are the only dreams I have ever had; little flashes that I don't remember in the morning. A few weeks ago, I had a proper dream and am truly spooked, and am hoping you gents can help me understand it.

>I am in an army, some ancient army, like a mish mash of Rome, Athens, Babylon, and every other classical and pre-classical civilization
>The army is a million men strong, 1,000 ranks wide and 1,000 files deep
>We are in a desert, it is perfectly flat and the sand is nearly white
>We are marching towards some strange fortress that changes shape every time I blink; one second it is a star fortress, the next it is a simple wall, the next it is a tower stretching into the heavens like an upturned Gabriel's Horn
>As we approach the fortress, its defenders loose arrows and strike down my comrades
>As they die, their arms and armor blow away into dust, and their bodies melt and flow together
>For every 10 that die, they merge together into a 12 foot tall giant human; they are undeniably male but have no genitals and no hair their skin is tan-grey, and their eyes are blinding white
>As the giants begin to beat down the fortress, I'm struck between the eyes with an arrow and I blink
(cont)
>>
>>17108617
>When I open my eyes, I'm standing on some bridge suspended between two towers in a grand and beautiful city
>The city is made of polished stone, shining steel, and sparkling glass, there are plazas and parks everywhere, with walkways and bridges to and fro
>Me and a few dozen other young men are gathered together, all of us dressed in a black work suit with a black tie and a white shirt.
>We are surrounding a bald old man with a white beard wearing a toga, and he turns to each of us in turn, asking "From where do you dream?"
>As he turns to me, there is a great crash and I rush to the edge of the bridge and look down
>A black ichor is bubbling up from a plaza below us, and every person it touches are transformed into some monstrous tree like thing.
>Arms sprout and merge with their body at random, eyes and mouths appear and dissapear, but they are always bilaterally symmetrical.
>They continue to grow up and up, and the second one of them is taller than the tallest tower in the city there is a great crash and I blink.
>When I open my eyes, I am on a massive thoroughfare on the floor level of the city, which is now made of cracked stone, rusted iron, and dusty glass.
>I am surrounded by a ground, and I realize that they are all people that I know; there are some shadowy figures which I seem to know are people who I am friends with, but have never seen.
>We are walking down the street, but I am not leading them, when I see a dead tree in an alley with a single red apple.
>As I reach up to take a bite, I hear my brother, father, and mother all yell out in unison "NO", before waking up.

I haven't been able to get a good sleep in weeks and am constantly thinking about this dream, please help me.
>>
>>17108357
Hence no known method to cultivate or control. It's too difficult to reproduce and recognize preemptively. When it does happen to you though, remember to try. You'll learn something that should calm your thoughts on the matter.
>>
>be a kid
>have a dream about sitting behind some dude i knew in our school auditorium
>couple days later
>enter auditorium
>end up sitting behind same dude

Shit spooked the fucks out of me, mate
>>
>>17101840
When I was a kid, I had a dream that predicted the next line of YuGiOh booster packs. They were the shadows of infinity ones.
>>
I had a dream that I was running around in a big forest and there were giants everywhere that were trying to get me.
>>
I'm russian, so forgive me any mistakes i may inintentionally make. I have some ficked up dreams sometime.

>2013
>Grandma dies because of cancer
>Everyone is sad, funeral occurs, etc.
>Life goes on
>Few months later
>I see a dream
>My grandma, sitting in her old house next to me
>For some reason i realize in my dream that she is still dead, that it's not normal at all
>"Oh, anon, i'm so bored here all alone... When your parents, my husband and you will come to me? I'm tired of waiting"
>Wake up, immideatelly call my mother.
>She is ok
>Whatever, i had a nightmare
>Few months later again
>Another dream with my grandma
>In this one we celebrate some sort of shit. I'm at my parent's house and she arrives.
>Everything looks ok
>Again, granny should be dead, so i tell it right in her face lol
>"Granny, what the hell? You're supposed to be dead"
>"Shut up. You still are there, i'm so tired of being alone. Pay respect to me"
>Wake up again, call my mother to ask if everything is ok again...
>2015
>She is in my fucking dream again
>"Granny, you're dead, get out of my head"
>"Anon, are you healthy? Better check doctor soon!"
>Fuck you dead granny.
>>
File: sticker,375x360.png (55KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.png
55KB, 375x360px
I had a dream about a month ago, where I was seeing bits and pieces of my childhood up until I was about 12. Then, suddenly I'm 29, and experiencing a sharp pain in my chest, falling backwards to the ground. I can see my wife, and she's screaming in shock and fear, which I completely expect her to do because she loves me very much. I then see the same images again, but with a 'now that you know what happens' feel to it, up until seeing my wife. She looks similar to how she looked when I had the sharp pain in my chest, but I'm where I was when I was 12. I woke up shortly afterwards.

The details of this dream definitely worry me because I have had precognitive dreams in the past. They range from partially abstract, but with elements that happen regardless such as where a particular person is or what they're doing, to very accurate such as my first one where I met a higher-up at the company I work for eight years before we actually shook hands. The positioning, the shirt he was wearing, his posture, what he said, and where we were were 100% spot on. The reason this is important is I think the dream I described earlier is another precognitive dream and if that's true than I have roughly three years left, because that sharp pain is going to be either a heart attack or getting shot in the chest.

I'm scared, and I don't know who I can tell or even talk to. I have some friends I talk supernatural stuff with but they're not the kind of people to even care about something with this much gravity. My boss asked me if I was alright and I almost cried right in front of her, but I kept my cool and told her I hadn't been sleeping well, which is true. Do I quit my job and live the rest of my short life outside the grind of the rat race? Do I stay the course and try to find someway to give my existence meaning besides numbers on a spreadsheet? Do I try my best to change my fate and disprove my dreams, dreams that have happened with 100% accuracy before?
I'll answer any questions.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.