[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think Cicada 3301 is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 28

File: Cicada3301.png (67KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cicada3301.png
67KB, 540x960px
What do you guys think Cicada 3301 is?
>>
File: syfyMagicaians.jpg (126KB, 1277x742px) Image search: [Google]
syfyMagicaians.jpg
126KB, 1277x742px
The TV show, "The Magicians" is using them as their Bad Guys in the show.
>>
Probably a State sponsored cyber terrorism/espionage group

The truth is stranger than fiction, it could even be people trying to remove us from the matrix....
Who knows, its all speculation really.

The only way to know is to complete the challenge.
>>
>>17101762
What do you think it is?
>>
>>17101762
Enlightenment
>>
Wish I was smart enough to figure out their breadcrumbs
>>
It did its job, made you question.
>>
A stupid hoax.
>>
>>17101788
>>17101867

Cicada isn't a cyber terrorism or espionage group. They're not, but it's a bit more like your matrix idea... Except they're not trying to remove us. They are the simulators, except they are benevolent. The only question is, is whether they created the simulation or if the simulation created them.
>>
>>17101791
I believe they are helpers to advance us into our next evolutionary stage.
>>
a group of fat indian computer science majors at ASU fucking with y'all
>>
I don't know. I don't care, but whatever you're doing, I'm pretty sure it's mean, or it's chemical warfare at best, and you should stop.
>>
A group of low-key hackers spearheaded by a couple of ex generals. Or so some say.
>>
>>17102273

Additionally, thanks mods for chasing away the church of saturn people but letting this shit persist.

Great taste.
>>
>>17102317
Did I miss something autistic?
>>
File: 1450430264851.jpg (24KB, 230x202px) Image search: [Google]
1450430264851.jpg
24KB, 230x202px
>>17102201
that is a pretty bold statement bud
>>
>>17102261
Good opinion
>>
Do they have new puzzles? I WILL SOLVE!
>>
>>17101989

what part is the hoax exactly? the puzzles all work, so they're not a hoax. there are people who have solved it and then never revealed what was behind it.
>>
>>17104284
>>17101989

in other words, cicada never claimed to be anything or do anything except for searching for "highly intelligent individuals" which seems to be true.
>>
I solved their puzzle a couple years ago. We all got logins for their .onion forum, where they revealed what "they" were. It was merely an experiment to bring together some clever people, to work on security issues on the internet. So that's what we did, programmed stuff and researched security problems like how to make credit cards more secure.
>>
>>17104293

Yeah right, can you think of any reason /x/ should believe you?
>>
>>17104293

lmao
>>
>>17104303
>>17104305

What the fuck, guys? Why wouldn't you believe me? They also told me that I was the leetest super haxor on the internet.
>>
>>17104293
Alright, this is my itching suspicion, but there is one thing that des'nt follow. Why all the runes and koans and philosophy. Seems minorly occult.
>>
>>17104308
>They also told me that I was the leetest super haxor on the internet.

Oh, well that's different. I mean if they said that then what you say just plain ol' has to be legit.
>>
A decentralized collective that uses cryptography and chaos magic to spread information in an attempt to direct the flow of the collective unconscious towards harmony.
>>
File: Seal[1].gif (196KB, 594x578px) Image search: [Google]
Seal[1].gif
196KB, 594x578px
This universe is a game simulation. Cicada is a troll group playing the game of life.

Cicada is finding highly intelligent individuals, to hack, track and observe, so intel agencies keep a finger on the pulse on what's what. If you pass your background check you may get to work as a cyber soldier.

Cicada is a plain old ARG started by hackers and philosophers here on 4chan. Winners are added to the game as puppet masters, growing their numbers over the years. They now have members ranging from law enforcement to cyberpunks to journalists. There is a lot of reality hacking/spamming so to appear greater and more mysterious than they really are. There is no end-game or commercial goal to this. Besides that, the original puppeteers have started believing in their own cult doctrine, muddying the lines further between a game and dead serious reality.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (2KB, 286x169px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
2KB, 286x169px
>>17104313
The occult and security have always been married. Occultists created the first cryptography, to obfuscate their occult teachings/philosophy, without ending up on the stake.
>>
>>17104326
ignis is fire? doesn't belong in elementa? or is elementa like earth and water
>>
File: newest%20Theorem%20XIIIb[1].jpg (47KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
newest%20Theorem%20XIIIb[1].jpg
47KB, 432x432px
>>17104332
Literally hell if I know. So I prefer I don't.
>>
>>17104322

This seems like the most likely thing to me.
>>
>>17104324
No reality, it's all games.
>>
>>17104324

why do u say this? any evidence?
>>
File: 4522898960.jpg (336KB, 1264x944px) Image search: [Google]
4522898960.jpg
336KB, 1264x944px
>>17104326
>Occultists created the first cryptography

Umm, NO.

It was first used for militarily reasons. The Spartans, and later the Romans used codes. They weren't really worked about hiding 'occult' secrets... hell they were openly into stuff we'd consider 'occult' now a days. They were however at damn near constantly at war, armies like their secrets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography#History_of_cryptography_and_cryptanalysis
>>
>>17104353
>It was first used for militarily reasons. The Spartans, and later the Romans used codes.

Ummm, NO.

It was first used by the Egyptians to encode funerary texts so the peasants couldn't figure out their magic. Then it was used by the Hebrews to write the fucking Torah. Thats why its called a codex.

Its a lot older then Rome.
>>
File: 000[1].png (78KB, 738x1119px) Image search: [Google]
000[1].png
78KB, 738x1119px
>>17104352
Nope. http://pastebin.com/dHJ6JNkr
>>
File: 4808327957_0fa1860047_b.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4808327957_0fa1860047_b.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>17104395

Umm, if you squint your eyes and look sideways:

"The earliest known use of cryptography is some carved ciphertext on stone in Egypt (ca 1900 BCE), but this may have been done for the amusement of literate observers rather than as a way of concealing information."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography#History_of_cryptography_and_cryptanalysis
>>
>>17104353
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sator_Square

See also http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bb/john_dee.htm

See also http://www.strangemag.com/recentadditions/mysticaljamesbond.html

And https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Trithemius

Cryptography is derived from Kryptos, meaning "hidden" or "occult".

But perhaps you are right in a more rigid sense. Then the above resources may serve as a different view point.
>>
>>17104352
Its kind of apparent. Most if not all "anti" in the sense of antithesis of establishment cryptography is not actually meant to hide information, but to be sure that information CANNOT be hidden from the masses. The NSA as an example, does both, attempting to make sure nothing can be hidden from them, while making sure they can hide whatever they want.

Cicada attempts to indirectly ensure that organizations can't hide information from the masses so that they can poke holes in the armor of the universal "Illuminati programming".
Its like a collective antidote to programmed ignorance.

"Information wants to be free" is a common philosophy of intelligent individuals that work in cyber security and is based in the concept of practical freedom of speech and thought. Instead of addressing political correctness and self censorship it tries to make it unnecessary by ensuring people have the tools to see the truth themselves.
>>
>>17104395
>Egyptians to encode funerary texts so the peasants couldn't figure out their magic

Fuck, I'd think writing itself would be a code back then. I don't think too many Egyptian 'peasants' could read. Putting it in code would be some serious overkill.
>>
>>17104409
>may have been done for the amusement of literate observers
and it may have been done to summon aliens
nice specula
[citation needed]

Point is its older than Rome.
And the Jews absolutely did encode secrets in the Torah so that they could safely take the word of God with them in the Exodus.

Rome didn't use cryptography till nearly 2500 years later.
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_meter

mfw codes are literally as old as writing itself
>>
>hurr durr cryptography is a computer thing that started in WW2 to stop the nazis

this is why you arent cicada /x/
>>
>>17104433
>hurr durr cryptography is a computer thing that started in WW2 to stop the nazis

Nazis NOT mentioned anywhere in thread, anon rants about them being mentioned.

Why are codes needed anymore? Millennials are damn near as illiterate as the Egyptian 'peasants'.
>>
>>17101762
CIA recruitment. Hasn't this basically been confirmed?
>>
>>17101762
Bored teens.
>>
>>17104398
That prick ruins it all with the very last paragraph. I understand family duties but to be with like-minded people in that situation would be akin to The School of Athens.
>>
>>17104513
As Cicada says: Everyone has their own reality. That "prick" realized he needed to search for God. That's his free choice.

Nietzsche, Lucifarianism, Hidding the truth etc. are shirking nihilistic satanism. If you view God and Satan as opponents, it's only natural to distance yourself from those that do not align with you.

BTW: I do not really believe this pastebin as legit. Smells more like adding to the mystery to me (inside-job).
>>
https://theghostinmymachine.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/unresolved-down-the-rabbit-hole-of-cicada-3301/
>>
Overhyped BS = '" Meme '"
>>
>>17104458
are you the same guy who started complaining about millenials in the "help me make this phi square into a cube" thread? lmao
>>
>>17104523
Obviously not a "prick" because I don't know him, just felt blue balled like if your friend were to go alone into the woods where you see brilliant lights and then when he emerges and you ask what happened he says "Can't tell you bruh" but I guess that is what makes good storytelling. Regardless I assume Cicada folks and just regular everyday folks with a little more education. Who isn't a regular everyday folk anyway.
>>
Have you guys read the Liber Primus? Seems like the whole thing is a cult.
>>
>>17104539
Millenial shitpost, LMAO
>>
File: facts nigga do you have them .jpg (7KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
facts nigga do you have them .jpg
7KB, 207x253px
>>17102201
>>
>>17102265
Why ASU? Why Indians?
>>
probs some O9A insight op like the Cult of Saturn
>>
>>17101762
Hyperpenis.
>>
Well, with all the Government bogeymen hunting all things encrypted, Cicada 3301 won't be using PGP this year, I bet. Bitcoin maybe? That is, if they even do a puzzle.
>>
We already know. They're a dozen middle-class delusional IT neckbeards who are into white nationalism and a whole host of pseudoscientific and superstitious beliefs who are trying to sucker in others into their kiddie-level cult via their retarded ARGs.
>>
You can't think of it as "who," because "what" would be more accurate.

A careful decoding and reading of their Liber Primus and the associated referenced works tells it all: The answer has many names, but it is something akin to a Godel statement of our universe: something which can't be fully comprehended from our hierarchical level of existence.

Call it whatever you will: a simulation of simulations, a thought in the mind of The All, the creation of some god. It doesn't matter which abstraction you prefer. We only know that the intelligence behind Cicada is not from this level of existence.

After all, that is the goal of what the plebes call "Cicada 3301" : to find the few who are suitable to transcend their consciousness into the next hierarchical level.
>>
>>17106408

lol
>>
File: wwhet.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
wwhet.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>17105242

>won't be using PGP this year,

this fucking guy
>>
>>17106408
ebin
>>
>>17104313
All the obscure occult shit was put in as a test of how well the "players" could search for particular pieces of information. It was to see if you had data mining abilities beyond "lol I'll just type it into google"
>>
>>17101762
They wanted to see who was smart enough to come to their gay sex orgy.
>>
>>17101762

Uh... Guys what the fuck. We already discovered years ago what this organization is. Remember the data leak? The documents and the description of Cicada's structure? We discussed this shit on this very board, come the fuck on guys
>>
>>17106555
not confirmed, all speculation
>>
>>17106571
Well it was fucking convincing to me. It's more concrete and believable than any other hypothesis, it's actually plausible and we got data. Since we will NEVER be 100% sure, this is the closest thing we will ever get to the truth.
>>
>>17101762

some kind of ancient evil crash landed here 10,000 years ago. their spaceship was like forward forward back back left right left right ab select start, and wiggled under the sands of afreaka. they bombed the dinosaurs, shrunk the giant cats, and kidnapped some apes and lizards and frogs, for sex toys, food and genetic experiments. dr frankastone made reptilian slaves and hybrid monkey men (rake), some even had wings, and some battletoads who can go steathy / indivisible. hes building a hybrid army to match our numbers. after we are defeated these walking germ man will create a spider web planet, mostly made of sand, trees, and mountans covered with spider webs. after that they will spread to the next planet and create an unkillable colony of spider web/cancer planets and kill the host god. possibley when the host dies they will escape into a giant worm (its in space, the pic of it has been posted a few times of the giant worm), and swim out the corpses asshole, escaping into the next dimension (higher), where they will probably make a misquito with their worm and their dna, where they will try to conquor other peoples minds until they have enough zombies to take over more planets, find a large space worm (mothership) after making the next host eat shitty food, and escape to the higher dimension again.
>>
>>17106578
>Well it was fucking convincing to me.
remind me again what we're discussing here?
Are you talking about that supposed ex general?
That was 'convincing' to you, and we should all consider it 'proof'? Correct me if I'm misunderstanding.
>>
File: moo.jpg (104KB, 900x768px) Image search: [Google]
moo.jpg
104KB, 900x768px
>>17106589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8yIXcY8HI
>>
File: moot.jpg (61KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
61KB, 768x512px
>>17106589
its kind of funny, the arabs turned half the world to fucking sand.....
im not sure if it was always that way? id love to find some historical deforastation data pics
>>
File: bernie_sanders8.jpg (258KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
bernie_sanders8.jpg
258KB, 620x412px
>>17106618
You're a fucking retard
>>
File: Karte-Pakistan.jpg (9KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
Karte-Pakistan.jpg
9KB, 300x275px
>>17106618
That image was created when flooding occurred in Pakistan and spiders nested in trees to survive
>>
>>17101762
Possibly MI5 or MI6. They often place obsure job adverts in newspapers and magazines. Wouldn't surprise me if this was a job ad. Would also explain why nobody heard from the first winners.

What else could it be? A secret crossword club that create dumb riddles and leave them around the world?
>>
>>17106725
This.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/can-you-crack-secret-code-2267396

http://news.sky.com/story/904412/dozens-of-whizz-kids-crack-spy-job-ad-code
>>
>>17106725
More GCHQ's/NSA's speed.
>>
The more I've been researching this, the more convinced I am that it's some kind of weird hacker religion. Their website has their book on it, and it's freaky as shit.
>>
>>17106725
>A secret crossword club that create dumb riddles and leave them around the world?

Is this really so far fetched?
>>
>>17101762
>creates series of puzzles
>last stage is rigged an unable to be broken
>whole thing is a massive troll
>>
>>17104462

>Congratulation, you're the one person in the world to solve the challenge
>Oh, you smoke pot. Well that few a million dollars wasted.
>>
>>17101915
Go play around a little

http://notpron.org/notpron/
>>
>>17101989
>>17104464
>>17104525

Butthurt idiots detected
>>
>>17106911

>tfw people have actually solved it though.
>>
>>17101762
There are connections between them and the people behind bitcoin.
>>
>>17106988

shhhh. he tells himself this so he can still believe he's super smart like his mommy always taught him.
>>
>>17101762
>>17101867
>>17102201
>>17102261
>>17102514

Wow this board really turned to shit.
>>
>>17104293
This. Interestingly still people were kept in the dark about who they were working with.

>>17106989
This may well be correct.

http://www.coindesk.com/information/who-is-satoshi-nakamoto/
>>
>>17107022
From wikipedia:
>The public bitcoin transaction log shows that Nakamoto's known wallets contain roughly one million bitcoins. As of December 2015, this was the equivalent of US$415 million. Nakamoto's true identity remains unknown, and has been the subject of much speculation. It is not known whether the name "Satoshi Nakamoto" is real or a pseudonym, or whether the name represents one person or a group of people.
>>
How to even rhyme "privacy is a right" with "information wants to be free"?

"DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION!"
"* Do you believe that information should be free?"

"Do you believe that every human being has a right to privacy and anonymity"
"however if you lie to us we will find out."

"censorship is wrong"
"researching and developing techniques to aid the ideas we advocate [which we only uncensor to certain individuals]"

No, not everyone deserves privacy. That's why when we take prisoners we look inside their butthole.

No, information should not be free. The creators of the information should be free to release it only to those they should see fit.

No, censorship does not harm all of humanity, unless the censors themselves are inhuman. If you want to read uncensored shit, then work your way up in the government of your country.

Bitcoin is from the devil. The amount of energy wasted to create a few collisions is unreal. Besides that, information wants to be free, so the contents of your wallet wants to be free too. And again, it was billion dollar hedge funds who used the punks pipedream of having no overlords in control of the money: They got filthy rich by manipulating easy bitcoin markets and pump and dump schemes.
>>
>>17107441
>pro censorship
>contra free information

You should leave this website, you faggot cancer
>>
>>17101762
Nothing more than a meme that got out of hand.
>>
>>17107441
kek wtf
I hope you're trolling
>>
>>17107441
Enjoy your dictatorship, where you hope you are more radical than the others around you, you faggot
>>
>>17107612
>Nothing more than a meme that got out of hand.

A meme is a self-replicating idea that spreads, so your complaint shows a deep misunderstanding of the term.
>>
>>17107002
where is your chill faggot
people are speculating, and you gotta take it personally
>>
>>17107594
> You should leave this website
Why? Don't I have the right to the information on this website? Why do you want to censor me?

What about the free speech of companies like Visa and Mastercard? Anon DDOS'ed these companies like there was no tomorrow, because having an opinion is great and free, except when it is against WikiLeaks.

Free information makes no fucking sense. Free energy does not exist either.

You are just as inconsistent with your views. Instead of countering my points with information and rationality, you resort to petty (and serious) insults. Are you sure you are allowed to visit this website? You do know that this is 18+ right?
>>
>>17107627
No it doesn't. Even with your autistic literal interpretation of the word, that analysis is right. You just misunderstood which part of Cicada 3301 was the meme.
>>
>>17107616
Nope. Trolling would be to say that INFORMATION SHOULD BE FREE from within your hidden clubhouse.

>>17107625
A dictatorship is when people dictate what others should think, vote and hold dear. It is calling people fascist and war mongers, for pointing out an inconsistency.

For logical Gödel lovers, these peeps sure are illogical and selective in applying their ideals.
>>
All information should be free, except information about Cicada.

We are the good guys, we don't discriminate. Except when you aren't blessed with intelligence, then you can not solve our puzzles and are stuck where you belong, the mindless puppets.

Censorship is wrong guys! Don't take away my tor kiddie porn!
>>
>>17107727

Get the fuck off this board. Not even fucking kidding, get the fuck out of here you disgusting infant.
>>
I'm a voice and what's going on here.
>>
>>17107762
*sticks my tongue out at u*
>>
>>17107762
He is serious gais. He used the word "fuck" 3 times. The internets should only be for anti-government hackers, the rest should just fuck off and die. Long live liberty and freedom!
>>
>>17107762
You may want to take a break from the internet and go outside, man.
>>
>>17107742
>>17107760

Fuck off to /pol/, fascist
>>
>>17107742
>A dictatorship is when people dictate what others should think, vote and hold dear. It is calling people fascist and war mongers, for pointing out an inconsistency
Try harder, shithead. By that logic people trying to protect virtues like freedom of speech are fascists. You're just a piece of shit idiot who doesn't know the value of the freedom he enjoys.
>>
>>17107760
>All people should be as dumb as me.
>>
>>17107859
They can be fascist, yes. They are not necessarily fascist a priori.

I am not opposed to Cicada. I am just offering my critique. Cicada should be free to do whatever the fuck they want. I should be free to offer my critique.

Telling me I am a fascist and that I should fuck off, is leftist rhetoric. It is oppressing opinion, not through fact or rationality, but by force and peer pressure.

> doesn't know the value of the freedom he enjoys.

Listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99sP5MbtmA and tell me that terrorists should have privacy and uncrackable encryption tools. Are you fighting for our freedom?
>>
>>17107859
>>17107894

Take that shit to /pol/, guys
>>
>>17107894
> Are you fighting for our freedom?

Are you? Like... actually? Are you in the US military?

If so, how does your "fight" of drone strikes against innocents in the Middle East improve Americans' freedom?

If you're not in the military, then stop implying it, faggot.
>>
>>17108109
I am not from the US. And yeah... better take that drone shit to /pol/. But if you really want to know: drone tech gives me a boner.

And fallacy if it may: These drone strikes are against (suspected) terrorists, not innocents. Innocents do get hit though, and then later on they are used as propaganda to paint the US as the Satan.

If you are really implying that the US government wants to hit innocents to improve their freedom, then I find you to be slightly delusional, and out of touch with reality.
>>
>>17108115

Not stating that's the objective. Just going off the recent stats that showed that's the majority of who was hit.

Fine, not the US. Which country's freedom are you actively fighting for?

I'm US military.
>>
>>17108125
The highest percentage of civilian casualties from U.S. drone strikes is put at 35%. The lowest at around 2%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_from_US_drone_strikes

Please cite more recent statistics on a majority of civilian casualties. Or better yet, we should get back on topic.
>>
>>17108145
2 percent is too many
>>
>>17108189
That's why some are working at improving accuracy. A ground war is far messier for both sides.
>>
>>17101762
A bunch of autistic Walter Mitty virgins with no lives who live in their parents basements even though they're 30 and make up kewl puzzles for their 'super sekrit klub'.

Seriously. It's pathetic.
>>
When did /x/ become /pol/?
>>
>>17104324
and who is the guy, who pulled this highly intelligent people into his own cult?
>>
>>17108227
Can u rephrase that?
>>
It leads to Half Life 2: Episode 3.
>>
>>17108234
who is leading them? the puzzles seem like an elaborate attempt to bring these people under 'his reality'
>>
>>17108254
>uses /x/
>it is literally an ARG playing board
>does not know what ARGs are
>>
>>17108206
It only takes one idiot ideologist and another one to bite into his armchair activist agenda. It's shitposting verging on cancer.
>>
>>17108236
Fuck, I wish!
>>
>>17108145

Try 90% innocents:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/15/90-of-people-killed-by-us-drone-strikes-in-afghani/

If you need more citations from other sources a Google search on drone strike statistics pulled up thousands confirming this.
>>
File: image.png (805KB, 1206x888px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
805KB, 1206x888px
>>17108254

Your statement of "his reality" made me think of this infographic / wired article.
>>
>>17110282

The more I think about this the more I realize John McAfee is a really likely candidate to be Cicada 3301. He's a genius. He's rich. He has a history of weird internet stunts. He's got the skill set, resources, and interest... And once he found the smart people, who knows? Hire them? Maybe he's starting a genius cult.
>>
>>17107894
>tell me that terrorists should have privacy
Everybody deserves a basic amount of privacy as well as at least a minimum of dignity, you fucking fanatic.
>>
>>17108115
>drone strikes are against (suspected) terrorists, not innocents.
You are a fucking gullible idiot. This statement of yours says it all.

I'd say fuck off to /pol/, but you actually sound too dumb to post there. Jesus.
>>
>>17110290
Well if he is, he's doing a more than good job of deflecting from it.
Last time I checked he was busy sleeping with 17 year olds and having trouble with the government of Belize.
Now I see this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUSHt4rJqk
I'm not saying I don't agree with the man in what he says, but he clearly seems to suffer from a self-sabotaging ego.
>>
>>17110279
I researched that article. It states not that 90% are innocent, it states that for 1 target 9 others die. A subtle difference. Though it made me think about bodyguards of terrorists being innocent or not. And if hiring bodyguards or walking around with your wives makes one extra evil, if one is aware that one is a target.

Do you see the difference between bombing innocent civilians and striking during a meeting with a high-ranking terrorist?

Thanks for the link to these interesting documents. Very hard to verify a leak though.

>>17110316
> Everybody deserves a basic amount of privacy as well as at least a minimum of dignity
Except for prisoners. If we take U.S. law as an example: The Fourth Amendment is inapplicable and prisoners have no right to privacy. Thus you are the fanatic when you claim that even prisoners and terrorists have a right to privacy, because you go against the law of the land. It's a commendable view though.

>>17110330
> You are a fucking gullible idiot.
Grats for making an inane post without any substance to base a reply on. I even made some reservations with that, but you go full blown fallacy retard.
>>
holy smokes, gang; take a chill pill! The 3301 group turned out to be a global network dedicated to creating pieces of software that would be used on a massive scale for the general population. The key was to provide the public with a means of protecting their sensitive information against big brother (NSA, etc.) through cryptographic means. Hence why most of their puzzles dealt with cryptography and topography.
>>
>>17111865
Alright you piece of shit, let me lay it out for you.
If you believe that your government and people that have power over you are doing things that are actually in 'the people's interest' you are fucking gullible and a naive piece of shit.
If you also believe -which I doubt because if so you are a new kind of low for this site- that terrorism is a real threat and not some fucking media construct to keep idiots in fear and control them, then you are a fucking idiot.

I know you probably don't believe in the shit you say and are just trying to be a godless demagogue, but either way, you are a piece of shit.
Now fuck off and try exercising the politics you learned on some masturbation website somewhere else.
>>
>>17106591
>ex-general

Where's the document you read? That's not the paste in he linked to. Besides, a few winners have basically stated that that thing is like 90% correct.
>>
>>17111865
>It states not that 90% are innocent, it states that for 1 target 9 others die. A subtle difference.

this fucking guy right here. 7/10 troll.
>>
>>17106982
well... I can see this will slowly start consuming my days. I'm at level 11 and I feel stupid as fuck already.
>>
>>17112834
Here's a hint. Keep notes of every step and every code you had to crack. You'll regret it if you don't.

I remember making it up to level 34 or something, but then I gave up.
I remember it has some very funny bits however if you play around.
>>
>>17101762
Recruiting for your country
>>
>>17112778
>If you believe that your government and people that have power over you are doing things that are actually in 'the people's interest' you are fucking gullible and a naive piece of shit.
>If you also believe that terrorism is a real threat and not some fucking media construct to keep idiots in fear and control them, then you are a fucking idiot.

Well put.
>>
>>17112847
Alright I'll start doing that. Does it ever require any programming skills, or simply just looking for clues through HTML and google searches?
>>
>>17106859
Link?
>>
>>17112900
>Does it ever require any programming skills
Not as far as I remember. You'll be pretty good at reading HTML eventually though. Not that I still remember much
>>
>>17112795
More details kind anon
>>
>>17112919

cicada 3301 dot org has a bunch of info on it. 3301 published a book called Liber Primus which is on that site too. And on the wiki.
>>
>>17112929

pastebin / dHJ6JNkr
>>
>>17112778
This.
Thank you. I was worried there were no more people with half a brain on this site anymore. When I read this I feel not all is lost yet and there's still hope.
>>
>>17113731
Cicada is a highly technical group and all this pastebin talks about is the left hand path and believing in Jesus. Doesn't sound legitimate.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n52frrdMbs1r42eln.png (16KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n52frrdMbs1r42eln.png
16KB, 100x100px
isnt it probably something super cool? i mean, im pretty sure is nothing about the goverment but something even more interesting
>>
>>17101762
Unimportant.
>>
>>17115362
It certainly could be a government recruitment program. The Navy did something similar to this--albeit it wasn't even 1/1000th as technical as the 3301 puzzles. My guess would be that if it isn't a government recruitment program, it's a group of individuals behind the BitCoin creation.
>>
File: projection.jpg (11KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
projection.jpg
11KB, 400x272px
>>17115379
>>
>>17115335

You obviously haven't dug in to the challenges then. Once you do you'll see a ton of references to mystical stuff.
>>
>>17116666
lmao
>>
>>17117110
>>17115335

And here we see some of the true brilliance of Cicada 3301: Technical people only see the technical portions of it, mystical people only understand the mystical portions of it. Neither can fully grasp the overall thing.

Very few can. People who understand the technological sides and the mystical sides ("highly intelligent" or "technomystical") can see the whole picture and can ultimately complete the puzzles and access the wisdom.
>>
>>17104350
> The Isolator.
> not just taking Adderall and wearing headphones

toppest of keks
>>
>>17117172

anyone not seeing the mystical elements is choosing not to.
>>
>>17117331

And it could be argued that he chooses to do this because he does not understand them.
>>
>>17112778
You did not lay out anything. You just opened your mouth and more shit came out.

You are an absolute shit-tier debater.

> If you don't believe in X you are gullible and a naive piece of shit.
> If you don't believe in Y you are a fucking idiot.
> Now fuck off.

Stop mouthfucking Aristotle and try making a coherent point. Protip: Try to find some examples that support your view. Right now you are saying silly shit like: ISIS is not real, and if you don't believe me you are a naive piece of shit. Try pointing to some Iranian propaganda hoax instead, so I can give a rebuttal to you without feeling dirty for talking to a 15-year old.
>>
>>17117559
>shit-tier debate

that entire conversation summed up. can you guys stfu now so we can get back to teh topic at hand?
>>
>>17117395
>>17117331

Possibly, but they published a freaking Gematria - an entire Qaballah / Kaballah system in their runes and with their own holy book.
>>
Did anyone here actually ever solve the puzzles?
>>
>>17119327
>/x/
>solving the cicada puzzles
Nice one, anon, you should get into stand up
>>
>>17119327

Yeah, something like 20 solved each year, but then they get weeded out, down to a smaller core group during a project. Check the Rolling Stone article.
>>
>>17108189
Too little.
>>
>>17117679
why do fags like you exist? let them argue and mind your own business you dummy
>>
>>17119784
Why do ideologists shit up threads? Fuck you. They have a board for this stuff.
>>
>>17117559
>implying I didn't make a point

>ISIS is not real
Try working on your reading comprehension. I I'm not here to teach people like you who believe that muh government is right.
Let me repeat my point. If you believe that people that govern over you act in your or your countrymen's interest, you are basically a lost cause.
If you believe that terrorism is something you should be afraid of in the western world, you are basically the 'good goy' and should watch less TV.
Not that you would be able to understand what I'm saying.
>>
>>17101762
It is actually the secret part of Amway.
>>
File: image.gif (677KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
677KB, 200x200px
>>17120260
>>
>>17119276

does anyone have more info on this? seems interesting.
>>
>>17115482
>it's a group of individuals behind the BitCoin creation.

2 weeks ago iirc, the police raided a house in australia, everyone thought the owner was the creator of bitcoin, i guess the investigation is still ongoing. I also think some of these "le epic puzzle xdxdddd!!!" are part of some group of people that are trying hard to hide, i.e. the creator of bitcoin, nobody knows who he really is and where (if alive even) he is. Turns out the guy would be a millionare because he owns many buttcoins. Cicada is def. a group testing algorithms to hide.
>>
>>17117172
^ This
>>
What do you think about this ceep web 432 mystery? Is that related to 3301?
>>
>>17117172
>>17117331
>>17117110
The mystical information that you're referring to is found on Cicada3301.org--which many believe is not in any way associated with the real organization. The only reference to magical practice in the REAL 3301 puzzles came from a cipher that could be found in an Aleister Crowley book. If you have any information about magical references that are found outside of the cicada3301.org website, let me know.
>>
>>17120293
>the creator of bitcoin, nobody knows who he really is and where (if alive even) he is. Turns out the guy would be a millionare because he owns many buttcoins. Cicada is def. a group testing algorithms to hide.
This has already been posted here, faggot.
>>
>>17120293
Yeah I heard about that too; apparently he had the equivalent of $450 million dollars worth of BitCoin under his possession. I'll have to look into how he was caught--maybe there's some revealing information there.
>>
>>17121034

You realize, of course, that this site just used information published by Cicada 3301, right? Like... They didn't make any of it up, they just put it together in one site. Read the wikia. It explains the Gematria and the Liber Primus too.

Also, the site states that they are not 3301. Duh.
>>
>>17121044
It's all in the wikipedia link this guy >>17107026 quoted..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#Craig_Steven_Wright
>In December 2015, Wired wrote that Craig Steven Wright, an Australian former academic, "either invented bitcoin or is a brilliant hoaxer who very badly wants us to believe he did". Craig Wright took down his Twitter account and neither he nor his ex-wife reportedly responded to press inquiries. The same day, Gizmodo published a story with evidence obtained by a hacker who supposedly broke into Wright's email accounts, claiming that Satoshi Nakamoto was a pseudonym for Craig Steven Wright and his dead friend computer forensics analyst David Kleiman. A number of prominent bitcoin promoters remained unconvinced by the reports. Subsequent reports also raised the possibility that the evidence provided was an elaborate hoax, which Wired acknowledged "cast doubt" on their suggestion that Wright was Nakamoto
>On 9th December, only hours after Wired claimed Wright was Nakamoto, Wright's home in Gordon, New South Wales was raided by at least ten police officers. His business premises in Ryde, New South Wales were also searched by police. The Australian Federal Police stated they conducted searches to assist the Australian Taxation Office and that "This matter is unrelated to recent media reporting regarding the digital currency bitcoin." According to a document released by Gizmodo alleged to be a transcript of a meeting between Wright and the ATO, he had been involved in a taxation dispute with them for several years
>>
>>17121067
Just checked it out now. I never realized that that the rune pages were considered legitimate. The whole 'welcome, Pilgrim' stuff gave me a weird vibe when visiting that website.
>>
>>17121034
>>17121163

If I've ever seen a smoke screen it's that site. If it's related at all, that is.
>>
>>17121163
>>17121391
It's a site made by fans of it. They even state it somewhere if I recall correctly
>>
File: _20151222_144607.jpg (1KB, 185x183px) Image search: [Google]
_20151222_144607.jpg
1KB, 185x183px
Where is John Lake?
>>
ITT: A bunch of people who have done no research into Cicada 3301 beyond the Wikipedia page, and act like they're experts.
>>
>>17121478
plus you, the faggot.
>>
>>17121423
Correct.

>>17121391
What is a smokescreen in this context?

>>17121163
Yes. The entire thing built up over all three years. The poem, and many other elements came year 1. Gematria came from year 2. The Liber Primus book ("rune pages") came year 3.
>>
>>17121491
>What is a smokescreen in this context?
It's the same kind of smokescreen religion is to mystics, imho. In the sense that it obscures and 'mystifies' the actual core that is, arguably, the experience of unity with the source.
>>
3301 is an "advanced" computer challenge you dont get to be a part of anything like some of you rpers believe, 432 is actually interesting
>>
>>17106972
CIA members import Tons of narcotics. You really think they care if you smoke pot while being the best cryptographer?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 271x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 271x336px
>>17121533
>>17121533

> mrw anon thinks 432 isn't just some dumb arg based on cicada
> mrw anon is certain no one is accepted into cicada even though many have been
>>
>>17121533
432? Can you elaborate, please?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 180x106px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 180x106px
>>17121735

It's an arg that started last year that seems to largely be based on cicada. Some anon claims to have received an email and posted it on 4chan. From there, a bunch of a ins tried solving it until the GM stopped.

You probably remember scrolling past threads about it. Pic related.
>>
>>17121533
> like some of you rpers believe

this guy. the entire stated goal is to find people and several have been found. wtf are you basing that on? any actual evidence?
>>
>>17121747

I would imagine its tiny size added to the challenge of solving its puzzles.
>>
>>17101762
The answer to the millennia old question: What is the meaning of Life?
>>
>>17121864
Wow. What a quality post.
>>
File: Atlantis_The_Lost_Empire_poster.jpg (139KB, 284x419px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis_The_Lost_Empire_poster.jpg
139KB, 284x419px
>>17121735
>>17121747
>>17121533

432 is a teenage edgefest ARG, but the creators didn't even realize the "Atlantean runes" they used were made up for Disney's 2001 film, Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I wish I wasn't making this up.

Pic related.
>>
>>17122152

ok, I actually lol'd at this

3spooky!
>>
>>17122152
lmfao
>>
>>17122152

first funny thing I've read on /x/ in 2 years
>>
>>17122152
kek
>>
As a Freemason, I tend to have a good grasp of secret societies, cults, and other groups.

This group, Cicada 3301, is something that greatly impresses me. Putting aside the difficulty of their puzzles, but instead looking at the subjects of their puzzles, they remind me of something else.
The massive use of existentialist philosophy, supporting agroism, and great knowledge of math, not just for puzzles, but for means of encrypted communication.

I want to discuss two things:

1: What is their goal(s) exactly?
We have the supposed "leaked e-mail', but nothing can be certain.
They obviously show that they are in favor of a world more driven by individual participation instead of collaboration, but they've also shown that they are in favor of freedom for individuals (or at least those that can earn it).

2: Who were they originally?
In 2012, we were shown that these people were global. Many believe they might also be behind the book 'Being or Nothingness' by 'Joe K.'. Either way, they are certainly not new, but they have been successful in keeping themselves secret for a good many years.

So. Shall we discuss this. Possible ideas? Someone who's actually been on the inside of this?
>>
File: try zen.jpg (253KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
try zen.jpg
253KB, 600x450px
>>17101867
>>
>>17123712
Have you actually bothered reading the thread? It's kind of an etiquette thing, you know. I'd have assumed that 'As a Freemason' you should be aware of that.
>>
>>17124364

I did. Most of it was painfully boring,obvious, and non-productive.
>>
>>17124521
And also basically half of the stuff you were asking for.
>>
>>17123712
hello reddit
>>
>>17124870
/tv/ is that way faggot

>>>/tv/
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.