[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mandela Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 41

File: something's going on.jpg (66KB, 714x766px) Image search: [Google]
something's going on.jpg
66KB, 714x766px
So x, I never come here but last night on pol someone posted this image and people started freaking out. I personally felt mind fucked about every last thing on this list.

Then some people started pointing out some stuff about the map of the world, like Japan being way closer to Korea than previously thought, there apparently being no polar ice shelf at the north pole, Australia being in the wrong place, and Madagascar being anything other than a barely populated island of wildlife that was hardly developed at all.

There are a number of others that got posted that were just as bizarre. So, what's your take on this? Are we collectively remembering the wrong things? If so, how? I have a very strong feeling about a lot of these, too strong to just chalk all of them up to us all being retarded.

So what's going on?
>>
Isn't the Mandela effect just your brain remembering things wrong?
>>
Never heard of this TODAY.
>>
>>17034998
It is, but they're too proud to admit they fucked up so just let em have it.
>>
>>17034998
If these things were more specific to the person, yeah, I'd buy that. But why do so many of these get such strong reactions from at least half the people who read them? Why would so many different people incorrectly remember the same things?
>>
>>17034991
didn't this used to be called the MANDALA Effect!?!?!???!!?
>>
>forrest gump movie: "Life IS like a box of chocolates." is not "Life WAS like a box of chocolates"
This is just people hearing it wrong since "life was like a box of choc-clits" doesn't really make that much sense.
>>
>>17035034
Listen for yourself ya fuccboi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egkrxkiUnoo

He says "was"
>>
>>17035014
half of these are just a minor change of prepositions someone could easily mistake if they weren't paying attention because it flows better.
the other half ("luke, i'm your father") is a meme that spread and people are remembering the meme and not the movie.
>>
>>17035042
Of course oyu hear it right when you think about the line being "was", but when you watch it and don't think about it your brain automatically corrects the sentence to sound like one that makes more sense.
>>
File: le nerd face XD.jpg (24KB, 350x434px) Image search: [Google]
le nerd face XD.jpg
24KB, 350x434px
It seems that the dimension traveling space-lizards have changed the beloved character "Cletus" from Forrest Gump to a dindu called "Bubba"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ngmopzlSk
>>
>>17035046
>>17035048
Explain Berenstain.

Why does everyone pronounce it BEAR-EN-STINE if it's spelled like that? Even as a child I would have known to pronounce it BEAR-EN-STAYN if it was spelled Berenstain.
>>
>>17035054
Because people are retards. But surprise
>>
>>17035054
I would say it's pronounced BEAR-EN-STEEN, but the point still stands.
>>
please no more of this
>>
All of the ones I've heard of i remember as the correct way, not the wrong way

Whats the point of this? Proving that small parts of phrases that sound like another word without changing the meaning is a mistake that a lot of people make? Wow, really? Fascinating
>>
>>17035092
>>17035068
>>17035048
>>17035046

>le contrarian
>gimmuh muh real conspiracies like aliums and ghosts
>>
The Mandela effect only affects people who is awakening

Is becose your memories not longer depends of the matrix, don't worry you will continue in this reality , but your memories will be yours and yours only ,
>>
>>17035101
you don't know what contrarian means. please don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>17034991
>So x, I never come here but last night on pol someone posted this image and people started freaking out.
Half/pol/ confirmed taken over by retards
>>
File: TheBerensteinBears.jpg (191KB, 622x598px) Image search: [Google]
TheBerensteinBears.jpg
191KB, 622x598px
but why would the alternative timelines have so subtle changes?
>>
>>17035717
the author's doubt on how to spell the title of their work caused a timeline split
>>
Dudes it was chic fil a right?! Right?!!?!
>>
>>17035764
I'm actually seriously freaking out because back in 2012 they did that whole gay thing. So I wrote a paper on the company about how corporations can take a stance on moral issues as well as have their own personality. It was fucking Chic Fil A. Now it's chick in my paper, the change happened since 2012.
>>
Just looked up the mirror scene in Snow White, it is kinda weird that it's not what I remember (watched Disney tapes over and over when I was a kid) and Forrest Gumps scene was a major part of pop culture and I remember "mah mamuh always said life is like a bawks a chocalates"

There's just certain things you don't forget or fuck up, it'd be like if Gone with the Wind was suddenly Gone with A Wind. but whatever
>>
>>17035797
There's a scene where Forrest's mom says the quote "correctly".
>>
>>17035791
what thefuck

normally i'm sick of this mandela effect stuff

but what the hell
>>
>>17035764
>>17035791
Rolled my eyes at every single one except that.
It was chic at one point....right?
>>
Remembering a line wrong isn't paranormal.

Sometimes I hear the wrong voice come out of my coworkers when they speak (A says something; I hear it in B's voice). Is that an actual reality glitch?
>>
>>17035846
>Sometimes I hear the wrong voice come out of my coworkers when they speak (A says something; I hear it in B's voice)
that actually sounds like a you-might-want-to-consult-a-neurologist type glitch
>>
>>17035791
dude i wrote an article about that and it was absolutely, 100 percent, chic fil a

i'm a bit spooked
>>
http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

o.k. i DEFINITELY remember the Mr. Gorsky quote i swear
>>
People are remembering Shrek
>Mirror mirror
https://youtu.be/H28TWyDJJ6I?t=28s
>>
File: sa8sjuf8as.jpg (84KB, 485x338px) Image search: [Google]
sa8sjuf8as.jpg
84KB, 485x338px
>>
File: 1445079915575.gif (22KB, 287x246px) Image search: [Google]
1445079915575.gif
22KB, 287x246px
>>17035764
It totally is. Everything else is pretty iffy for me for chic fil a is how it always was.
>>
>>17035014
>But why do so many of these get such strong reactions from at least half the people who read them? Why would so many different people incorrectly remember the same things?

>people are fucking retards
>there's some strange force/program/entity/glitch in reality that's decided to make people mis-remember shit

pick the one that's going to get you more pussy
>>
>>17035913
You don't. You may remember it from the Watchmen movie, though.
https://vimeo.com/38649608
>>
Inglorious Basterds is now Inglourious Basterds
>>
>>17034998
/thread
>>
>>17035676
When hasn't it been taken over by the auts?
>>
>>17035046
>"luke, i'm your father"
and the snow white line are still the old version in good old germany.
>>
>>17036063
holy shit
>>
The Mandela Effect, if it is real, seems less like a reality glitch and more like a possible Illuminati controlled experiment.

If the Illuminati are even real, they clearly use subliminal messages and forms of mind control. So, why wouldn't they test the effects of using these methods on people and just letting people express them on their own? Aka, threads and websites pertaining to this.

tl;dr Mandela effect is more likely an affect of Illuminati brain tampering
>>
>>17035662
you are correct. it all happened in 2014
>>
>>17035791
it was chic bc i remember thinking "huh why is it missing the k, thats weird" 2013 tho
snow white is iffy bc ive never seen the movie but remember everyone saying mirror mirror

i remember berenstein bears being with an e. asked my sister and she said the same thing.

confirmed different timeline
>>
>>17036480
>>17036063
oh my god
>>
File: 1443035389004.jpg (121KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443035389004.jpg
121KB, 388x500px
>>17035026
>>
>>17035717
Because Grays and Illuminati messing with the toroidal flow of your chakras.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 1536x1169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 1536x1169px
>This guys name is Rod Serling.
>Not Sterling.
What the fuck is going on guys
>>
>>17037204
No not again.
>>
you guys are the syphilis of the internet

>durr wait didn't it used to be siphilys omg whats going on guise
>>
>>17037263
>internet
Wait, didn't it used to be "webernet?" Weird.
>>
>>17034991
The map thing is bs, as the scale can either be stretched or flat.

The Home Depot thing and several others are autistic, but the main ones that are scary are Mirror mirror, if you build it they will come and of course Berenstein
>>
>>17035797
But what can WE do about it?
sadly we can just panic and watch
>>
relax friends. continuity of reality is an illusion. there isn't a single past, there's an infinite number of alternate pasts. our reality is just softening a bit at the edges, you can drop your notions of "because i remember it, there are no other alternatives". this is only the beginning
>>
Slang is the powerful under-tide of language creation. Memory is personal, liable to change. Recorded history is not, only liable to re-writing. That hasn't happened in my time. Things get revised, not re-invented. I just don't see this.
>>
I usually ignore this shit, but I went to that Mandela effect website, and a couple things jumped out at me.

'Sketchers' shoes is actually 'Skechers', Reba McIntyre is actually Reba McEntire, and the main gremlin from the movie is named 'Stripe', not 'Spike.' All three could be chalked up to misremembering, but they definitely made me stop and think.

Fuck me, I swear it was 'Sketchers'.
>>
>>17037448
I hear you. Of course I'm guilty of many of these brainworms. For every one, I find no stretch in finding a regular explanation for them; perhaps the way I use words does not perfectly reflect the media I take in, and a word or two gets altered. Gimme a brake here maybe, but that's all I see here.
>>
>>17037448
Wikipedia says the main gremlin is named "Stripe" too. Is there a scene from the movie wherein it's called "spike"?
>>
>>17037522
Better, is there a scene where it's called Stripe?
>>
>>17037522
jesus christ it's got a fucking stripe on its head. that's why it's called stripe. it was never called spike. the next one was called mohawk.
>>
>>17037528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rtbuybXss
Towards the end, the kid refers to the "cute little stripe". It's not outright, but I don't ever remember it being called spike.
>>
>>17037522
http://gremlins.wikia.com/wiki/Stripe

There is a ref. to spike in here, but it's confusing

still looking
>>
>>17037543
another link
http://gawker.com/5909024/gremlins-2-the-new-batch-little-green-brilliant

"There is special attention, too, paid to righting some wrongs of the first one: the main gremlin is named Spike, which is the name I remember many kids erroneously using to refer to the antagonist of the first one, Spike. Most importantly, though, Billy gets to keep Gizmo in the end, don't-mess-with-nature message be damned."

Isn't that weird?
>>
>>17034991
The pic is absolute shit. It doesn't even mention Nelson Mandela.

Literally every item on there is something people are prone to mis-remember based on never having had any actual contact with the thing they're supposed to remember. For example, I've never seen Field of Dreams, but I know that, "If you build it, they will come," shows up in a ton of popular media. As far as I know, it's a quote from the Bible. Or a misquote or something. Either way, with "they" floating around all the time, it's no surprise people would misremember the quote in one single movie. I find it easier to believe it was always "he."

What bugs me most is that I know the timeline is being fucked with, but shit like this is just a case study in memory fudging. I don't believe for a second that people's memories desynchronize between timelines.
>>
>>17038080
Right on point, Anon

In that example, I really do remember it as 'if you build it "they" will come'

and I'm ok if it's otherwise. I prefer it as they will come, so fuck all you other demensionfags, I'll fucking remember things how I like, your matrics be damned! If it's all fake, than I'm faking it like a boss.
>>
>>17034998
maybe
>>
>>17036541
This
>>
>>17034991
It's Clarice, not Claurice. That's how we get these shitty threads.
>>
>>17034991
Friendly reminder that your brain fills in any gaps with what it knows, and that all of these could be chalked up to inattention or flawed recollection.
>>
>>17038489
unt uu
>>
>>17034991
>Mirror, mirror on the wall is now Magic mirror on the wall
No, it isn't, and never has been. It was always "Mirror, mirror,'' hell, one of the character themes from RWBY is called "Mirror, Mirror."
>>
>>17038494
I'm assuming that's you calling me a cunt. I'm going to go cry for the next 20 minutes, as you've shattered my fragile spirit.
>>
>>17038080
Okabe Rintarou, pls go and stay go.
>>
>>17038535
I was always wondering if the "Steins" part of S;G title was referencing to these fucking Berenstein Bears
>>
>>17038080

That movie was shit, it's no mystery why people forget the quote.
>>
>>17035746
They named it after themselves.
>Barenstain in the Bearinstain universe
>Barenstein in the Bearinstein

It was a play on their last name and the fact that the characters are bears.

Stan and Jan (last name, story appropriate) or whatever.

Which makes more sense? Jews called 'stein' or 'stain'

I'm still not sold one way or the other. Stein makes more sense to me, but that could just be because it's a more common name than stain.
>>
>>17035764
You mean it's Chick Fil A now? Lol it was always Chic-Fil-A to me. Am I in a backwards ass Mandela dimension?
>>
>>17037564
Heh. I saw that in the theater right before summer and thought why play a Xmas movie in June? And I always remembered him as Stripe. The don't feed em after midnight always fucked with me because it's like doing a 360 and turning the other way. Shoulda said don't feed em RIGHT after midnight. Or did they????
>>
>>17034991
"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

- Albert Einstein
- lbert Einstein
- bert Einstein
- ber Einstein
- ber E nstein

>the plot thickens
>>
I got one.

MTV debuted at midnight but I specifically remembered as a kid seeing a blank screen during the day waiting for MTV to start back in 1981. Then I saw a countdown appear on the screen. Then a shuttle flying into space. The MTV moon man on the moon then the Buggles "Video Killed the Radio Star" playing
>>
>>17040192
the noble stone...
>>
>>17040192
i wonder if any of his friends lovingly called him bert einstein.
>>
dont forget stairway to heaven...they changed it too...it sucks now!
>>
>>17035937
this
>>
baka
>>
>>17034991
go back to /pol/ bitch
>>
>Interview with a Vampire is now Interview with the Vampire
>assume this is some kind of joke
>actually check

Somebody please fucking hold me. What the actual everloving fuck.
>>
I'm freaking out. I can't find a single "hello clarice" clip where there used to be tons.
>>
>>17035764
I'm sorry but it WAS Chic Fil A. I live in England and we don't even have that shit here, but when they had the whole gay thing and it was everywhere I remember laughing at the "chic" part (cos so unsuitable for such an establishment) and being unsure how to pronounce it.
>>
File: notto disu shitto agen.jpg (48KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
notto disu shitto agen.jpg
48KB, 604x340px
>mfw this thread
will this bullshit never end?
>>
>>17040573
>implying this is /pol/ material
Fuck off back to /b/ you underage cunt
>>
>>17034991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fIH6GMIJg

hory shit
>>
>>17035913
That site - something about whether it's spelled dilemma or dilemna - I was the fucking top speller in my school and I KNOW it was always spelled with the n!
>>
>>17040631
No, because these are the idiots who want to recapture that sense of wonder the world had during their childhood, but their way of doing so is "I DISTINCTLY REMEMBER LAYS POTATO CHIPS BEING SPELLED LAEYES! AAAAAAAAAAH, IDS HABBENING FUR REALZ GUISE!!!!!11"
>>
File: 1441157761267.jpg (220KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1441157761267.jpg
220KB, 500x333px
The events are increasing because we are getting closer to whatever causes/caused/will cause the ripple. Like wave rings in a pond from a pebble being tossed into it. I understand it makes the natives of this reality upset and angry when it's discussed , it's rightfully absurd to them as the reality we share now is what has always been true, here. Best bet is to just roll with it ,IMO.
>>
>>17041048
>we
Speak for yourself.

Thanks.
>>
>>17035717
Because Jews, surprise!
>>
It's because your brain is too lazy to pay attention to small details so it creates lies to fill in the gap you have missing. Half of your childhood is your mind making shit up and remembering shit wrong, it's even worse if you're believing something you read on here. TURN OFF YOUR MIND
>>
File: 45f.jpg (4KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
45f.jpg
4KB, 165x115px
>>17038740
It was because of an immigration officers inability to pronounce the family's actual name you fucking retard.
>>
>>17041183
>>
I know this is probably going to get buried, but lets brainstorm. Why are these happening. What's the reason for these parallel reality events coming together?
>>
>>17041222
Because you touch yourself at night!
>>
>>17035014
>But why do so many of these get such strong reactions from at least half the people who read them? Why would so many different people incorrectly remember the same things?
Are you actually interested? Or do you just want a ridiculous "spooky" explanation

The Snow White one is like that because that's how they quoted it in Shrek, which I'm sure more people are familiar with.
>>
>>17037436
this anon has seen that our time is surviving
>>
>>17035014
>Why would so many different people incorrectly remember the same things?
Presumably you've all been exposed to the same configuration of inexperience.
>>
>>17036063
It always has been. The joke was they were both spelled wrong.
>>
File: Everyone_poops_by_taro_gomi.jpg (252KB, 1352x1574px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone_poops_by_taro_gomi.jpg
252KB, 1352x1574px
It's now Everyone Poops instead of Everybody Poops.

No shit (badum tss) look it up.
>>
>>17035054
Because Berenstain is an almost nonexistent name. Berenstein and Bernstein are both way more common, so people get them confused. It's easy to claim you "definitely would rememver that" but uh, you didnt.
Your memory isn't really as great as you think it is, and that's true for everyone. I thought Bob Dylan was dead until I saw him playing live on tv. Why? Because Bob Dylan is old as shit, and I hadn't heard anything about him in years. So, probably dead, right? Half of the Mandela Effect is literally that exact same scenario with a different conclusion-instead, Bob Dylan died...in another timeline.
>>
>>17035791
I make signs for chick-fil-a there is definately a k in there, if need be i can take a pic of the outline for you.

Same for home depot, although some stores are THE home depot
>>
I feel like a lot of the misremembered movie quotes is because back in the day we didn't have youtube to see these moments instantly. People just saw the movie a couple times in theaters and would quote the line with friends and it would get mutated into the easy to quote version. We remember "Luke, I am your father" because it communicates what's happening in the scene better than the literal quote.
>>
This list is just idiots misremembering things. While everyone can deny me I distinctly remember Berenstain as it is, because I remember my mother correcting me as a child when I thought it said Berenstein. It was cursive, I could barely read cursive. And all you dumb motherfuckers couldn't read cursive when you were little either. Which was the last time before all this Mandela bullshit that you actually looked at one of those books.
>>
>>17042318
definitely this. current new adult generation (millenials? idk) is the first to not have the internet that we have today, and then to have the internet we have today. they remember all these things from their childhood that are now being corrected by actual evidence via clips, images, whatever.
>>
>>17042312
>>17042318
>>17042424
>>17042427
the damage control is fucking real as more normies pick up on this lmao

these faggots don't understand that our shit got fucked up and we moved in
>>
http://mentalfloss.com/article/19617/quick-10-10-movie-misquotations

Article was published in 2008 and addresses most of the misquotes in the OP's image. Obviously these have always been the same. Obviously people are mis-remembering things.

...Or maybe I work for the illuminattys and just published this, and back dated it, because we totally need to "damage control," insignificant things that no one outside of some teenagers on 4chan cares about.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 337x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 337x329px
>>17042424
>thinks everybody else was a retard in cursive because they were

There's always one of you in these threads. Plus there were some dank ass memes spawned from the covers of those books, it's not like 4chan totally forgot about these books like everybody else did. I think that's why the thread on /b/ quickly spread.
>>
>>17037298

HOLY SHIT
>>
So much speculation.. Nobody can provide before and after pics / vids? Will try to research everything this weekend, and let u guys know, nobody has a atlas from the 90s or earlier laying around?
>>
>>17035662
>>17035746
>>17035791
>roleplaying this hard
>>
>>17037263

>internet

It's not interwebs?
>>
http://spectant.weebly.com/
>>
>>17043249
Well, none of that would exist if it's truly an alternate universe.
[spoiler]it's just people misremembering small things[/spoiler]
>>
itt: assorted dumbasses try to convince themselves there's a third party behind their dumbassery
>>
>>17043418
>>>/pol/ your jewish complaint board is right there
>>
>>17035791
This change makes sense though, from a realist perspective. They may have actually changed there name because Chic-fil-a looks like it would be mispronounced as SHEEK-fil-a because of the actual adjective chic. That title could confuse customers so they could have changed it in the interest of creating a clear name for the business, Chick as in chicken.
>>
>chatting with my mother, who used to read the berestain books to my sibling
>bring up berenstein vs. Berenstain
>"it's spelled with an 'a' right?"
I didn't know my mother was from an alternate reality!
>>
File: 354.jpg (94KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
94KB, 280x400px
>>17043386
The change of universe is just a theory though.
I have another, the elite change regularly our reality through the combination of demonic powers and high technology (such as CERN) to freak out people and making them more controllable, but within one universe. In such theory we can imagine some imperfections in the procedure resulting in these paradoxes.
>>
>>17043565
>the elite
Not them. Try again.
>>
>>17035014
Because we all have a brain that has the same ability of changing slight parts of memory to assist in recollection.
>>
>>17043478
They didn't though. There is no record of it ever being Chic, on wikipedia or anywhere else. Only in our minds.
>>
I could've swore the Keys always pointed to the east, but now they're pointing in the west.
>>
>>17043742
People tend to remember what they want to remember rather than whatever actual fact might have existed at the time.
>>
I know for a fact that the Vader one is just people misquoting the movie for years and years. And I'm fairly sure that most of the others like the Home Depot and Chic Filet are just rebranding, but I could be wrong. >>17040579
I have the DVD at home so I can check later. I do remember the subtitle, but THE Vampire sounds unfamiliar. I'm prepared to shit myself.
>>
>>17041730
holy shit it's not everyone poops but you?
>>
>>17044089
Ah yes, everyone remembers famous "key east"
Wait
>>
>>17037263
>2015
>Still in the matrix
Do you even anything?
>>
holy shit hasnt it always been /x]

clearly its aliens
>>
File: newspaper.png (980KB, 1114x758px) Image search: [Google]
newspaper.png
980KB, 1114x758px
>>17042299
it was always with an e
>>
>>17045458
You aren't getting it. If this bullshit effect is true, we've slipped into a universe where it was always that. But that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>17034991
can someone explain this to me im not sure if its just a bunch of bullshit skeptics or i just dont understand
>>
File: hurr durr.png (51KB, 136x172px) Image search: [Google]
hurr durr.png
51KB, 136x172px
do any of you faggots understand the concept of placebo? and that your brain tries to fill in stuff it doesn't understand?

like if you hype up a really shitty song for days to your friend and then dance to it and pretend its great, they will agree with you that it is either a great song or just mediocre instead of a bad one.

and when you're in an an-echoic chamber, your brain makes shit up because it isn't used to having nothing to hear.

none of these assumptions can be trusted because our brain doesn't tell us the truth. and all these theories are is a bunch of people who coincidentally experienced something weird or didnt at all, saw a theory made by some skeptic and then believed it.
your brain is subject to lies about something it cant understand.

/thread
>>
>>17034991
the map ones dont really convince me because obviously our satellite imagery and cartography would improve and become more accurate overtime
>>
>>17045635
>do any of you faggots understand the concept of placebo?
>Obviously doesn't understand what it is himself because he goes on a wild tangent talking about apophenia(?) and how not wanting to fit in/socially awkward, otherwise known as being a "sheep", is somehow related to this odd concept of "placebo"
>/threads his own post

Nah senpai, you're a fucking faggot who's about 14.
>>
>>17034991
Do people really never get tired of role-playing this stupid piece of shit Mandela Affect.. it has been Affect right, everyone?
>>
>>17045635
That's not what a placebo is.
>>
>>17045479
There is evidence that, at least at one point, it was spelled "Berenstein". Now it's spelled otherwise. The evidence is there, so the only question left is why?
>>
There is absolutely no way I'm mistaken about Chic-fil-A. There is no "k", why the hell would I read it like that if there was? It doesn't even make sense, it's more normal with a "k".
>>
File: 1445561433538.gif (959KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445561433538.gif
959KB, 500x400px
>>17045635
Dude....
>>
>>17035026
I thought it was the Mandingo Effect!
>>
>Sex and the City

WHAT

NO THIS IS BULLSHIT I REMEMBER SEX IN THE CITY SO FUCKING WELL BECAUSE MY FAGGOT AUNT LOVED IT SO MUCH AND I WATCHED IT WHEN I WAS A KID AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SEX EVEN WAS

I REMEMBER THIS SHIT

THIS IS NOT FUCKING SEX AND THE CITY IT IS SEX IN THE CITY

FUCK YOU FUCKING FUK OFF NO
>>
>>17035764
>Remember Stein
>Remember Sex IN the City
>Remember Chic
>remember basically everything in the OP

What the fuck. Have I just been hopping timelines forever? When will I go home?
>>
>>17045901
FUCKING THIS
I am disturbed to no end
Imagine that we're in an alternate reality and only a select few of us remember things differently.
>>
>>17034991
i remember "Sex AT the city"
>>
Most of these have pretty basic explanations behind them, but I will admit that the portrait of Henry VIII holding a turkey leg not existing did really fuck me up when I first read about it.

I'm SURE I've seen it.
>>
>>17037343
>>17042312
>>17044213

Posted this in another thread, but The Home Depot is usually branded and advertised both ways (pic related, from 2002) so I can see it being a pretty easy misconception for people to make. This same driver ran in IndyCar with -only- 'Home Depot' branded on the car.
>>
obama got in office in 09 I remember him getting In at 08
>>
I wanna post my story but I'm afraid /x/ will call me out and tell that I'm lying.
>>
Hi, I'm from England. I've never heard of any of this shit. Except Nelsen Mendala of course.
>>
File: _20151205_205217.jpg (59KB, 720x649px) Image search: [Google]
_20151205_205217.jpg
59KB, 720x649px
Guys guys wtf... Roy Schneider is now Roy Schneider ??? Wtf wtf wtf???
>>
>>17047388
*scheider I mean
>>
>>17047388
you're not funny
>>
>>17034991
Roy Schneider used to be called Roy Schneider
>>
>>17047303
your anon just do it
>>
>>17047388
Honestly, I thought it was Schneider.
>>
>>17047303
because you are lying
>>
He's now scheider
" We're gonna need a bigger boat "

Fuk>>17047423
>>17047423
>>
>>17040587
http://www.hark.com/clips/nbcqdcjbkc-hello-clarice

It was from the trailer you dingus.
>>
File: kekkles.jpg (33KB, 493x386px) Image search: [Google]
kekkles.jpg
33KB, 493x386px
>>17043282
Lol
>>
>>17045694
It's a newspaper and someone left in a typo?
That happens all the time.
>>
>>17035717
They're testing their abilities and effects on changing the past.
>>
>>17038500
But she says magic mirror on the wall in the cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-pDpLVVNc
>>
>>17034991
Everything you wrote out about Australia and Madagascar and shit if basically wrong, this shit has never changed. As for your picture
>I actually remember it being the and not a
>Stein was right, i even asked my mom thinking she would remember better than me, she agrees
>us, not me
>always was and, never in
>I'm pretty sure it still is mirror mirror, this is wrong all together
>chic
>he never said Luke, listen to the conversation and saying "Luke, I am.." would make no sense
>they
>the, my son even watches Daniel tiger and they say the. This might be wrong as well
>again this is wrong it always was we're
>yep, never said it. Seen this movie a hundred times and is always been misquoted
>I thought it was is but it could easily be misheard, not sure about this one
>lol who gives a shit. Maybe they changed it on purpose.
It's like matchbox 20, is now twenty. But Google it, they changed it on purpose, some never noticed, some lost their shit
>>
Humanity is like an abandoned MMO, we find those glitches but developers just dont give a fuck, so all we can do is create our own version or enhance our lifestyle with mods.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 400x333px
>>17046295
>mfw I realize you are right

Google brings up nothing- I know I've seen that shit in textbooks, history channel slideshows, and it doesn't exist apparently. The fuck.
>>
File: kali.jpg (506KB, 1174x1270px) Image search: [Google]
kali.jpg
506KB, 1174x1270px
>>17043565
>>
>>17035054
I've always wondered the same. I always thought it was weird people prounouced it that way. I've always said "stain" cause that's how it's always been spelt. but idk
>>
File: wolf or lion.jpg (600KB, 1894x1120px) Image search: [Google]
wolf or lion.jpg
600KB, 1894x1120px
>>
>>17045694
if we really switched universes, how could it even be possible for there to be proof in 'this universe'.
like I mean seeing it spelt berenSTEIN, in a newspaper would mean shit all except for a little typo. because apparently it never was "stein" in this universe. so that wouldn't even make sense
>>
>>17047388
I can guarantee your confusing his name with Rob Shnieders.
>>
>>17035797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCSgJ7R0zhE
>>
>>17045537
it's bullshit
in my universe we called it buffaloshit but whatev
>>
File: IJvadDX.jpg (103KB, 700x912px) Image search: [Google]
IJvadDX.jpg
103KB, 700x912px
"mirror mirror on the wall" is in my language still translated that way..not "magic mirror on the wall"..I never heard anyone say "magic mirror"
>>
>>17034991
Inglourious Basterds? FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!! FUCK OFF NO WAY!!
>>
File: Zachary Taylor Thomas.jpg (17KB, 220x361px) Image search: [Google]
Zachary Taylor Thomas.jpg
17KB, 220x361px
This guy used to be named Zachary Taylor Thomas. Now he's Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

Anyone else remember it this way?
>>
I've yet to see anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for Chic-fil-A. This is 100% proof to me that something weird is going on.
>>
>>17047806
They changed it and it's such a miniscule thing that not many people noticed until now.
>>
>>17047815
http://www.brandnicely.com/tag/logo-history-of-chick-fil-a/

According to this site, it was always Chick-fil-A.
>>
>>17047794
Anyone remember Bastards ?
>>
Google gets confused with Inglorious Basterds and the other spelling. Try messing around with it yourselves, it throws up both versions.
>>
Wtf I thought Betty white died too. Lol I remember seeing it on tv. But apperantly she's alive? There where hoaxes about her death though so that might explain it.
>>
>>17035026
Pretty sure it was the MONGOLIA effect.
>>
>>17047829
I remember the second word being spelled incorrectly, but not the first. In-glour-ious. Big difference between that and Inglorious.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 600x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 600x326px
So I was sure it was Sex IN the city because I remembered my mom had a big box of perfume from that show. So I looked it up and I was right! But it could have just been another brand with the exact same font.
>>
>>17047832
Betty White will outlast us all, man. Death is too much of a fan of her work to take her.
>>
From google trends:

`Letters on the graph represent news articles that might indicate why a certain term is spiking during that time period. `

So, google trends shows 8 news articles for Inglorious Basterds but none for Inglourious Basterds. Any of you people who get so incensed by the Mandela Effect care to deep dive on that?

Also, does anyone know what a broken line as opposed to an unbroken line means on google trends? Inglorious is unbroken on the search I did, and Inglourious broken.
>>
>>17047862
the shitty series was always called sex and the city though.
>>
>>17041378
I've never ever seen shrek and its mirror mirror to me that I remember from snow white.
>>
Why, is there ZERO internet speculation about who the He in `If you build he will come. ` is?

That is the sort of shit that is endlessly speculated over. So, why is there none?
>>
"Oh hello mystery voice......what's that you say? If I, if I build a baseball stadium on my farm........then,...then he will come..........and I will be saved from financial ruin and all will be good? Yeah? BRILLIANT!! Hold on a minute though.........err, I build a stadium and then `he` will come? One person? For a whole stadium? Errr................what? Are you tripping mystery voice? WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUILDING A WHOLE STADIUM FOR ONE FUCKING PERSON I AIN'T FUCKING BOTHERING WITH THAT SHIT LET ME TELL YOU THAT MYSTERY VOICE!!!"
>>
>>17035042
I remember thinking that Tom Hanks was a really great actor when I first saw that but now when I see it all I can think about is 'this grown ass accomplished and competent man is pretending to be a fucking retard'

Is that the Mandela Effect too?
>>
File: bearenstein.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bearenstein.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
>>17038740
i have this
this is why i believe im from the alternate timeline
the "stein" timeline
because stein is such an obviously jewish suffix this joke wouldnt work without it
>>
>>17048051
No, that's just you going full retard.
>>
>>17047699
possibly the writer of the newspaper and the editor were both from "stein" universe and consequently the change happened long before
>>
>>17035717

There are likely tons of small changes. We just notice the iconic ones.

For example, Simpsons Season 1 Episode 2 Bart the genius.

The teacher asks Bart "You do know what happens when you mix acids and bases?"

Except I had a VHS as a kid of the first few episodes of the simpsons and watched it 1000x.
I remember the teacher asked him "You do know what happens when you mix XXXX and YYYY"

Which were chemicals, like tetrafloride and something.
>>
>>17048061
fuuuuck
what the shit
i saved that it was stein, for the express reason of it being written stein and i knew i was right, but it isnt anymore, cant win, this has happened once when i had saved a photo of the book with stein, and it was not on my computer
>>
>>17048116
If /x/ in general wasn't so fucking lazy and tired then it would find a bunch of people called Berenstein and ask them if they used to read the books as a kid or whatever. Literally any discrepancy at all would say a lot.
>>
>>17048137
this is a good point.
>>
>>17048116
What the fuck?? The pic you posted says Stein for me
>>
ill just leave this hear
>>
>>17048156
Thanks. And if we could get this off the ground then we could make some serious waves. Imagine say if we found 20 families called Berenstein who used to read the books and 10 of them remembered one spelling and 10 the other. It could go a long way to shedding some light on a very murky situation.
>>
>>17035931
Ah thanks for that
>>
>>17048168
Fuck, this does seem like the sort of shit Rick would cause fucking with alternate timelines.
>>
>>17048107
>>17048107
Speaking of mixing acids and bases, do you remember when there was a surge of talk in the pseudo-spiritual community about making your body more alkaline by eating non-acidic producing foods? Yeah, fucking assholes. Fuck the Feds.
>>
Don't let them make you feel crazy. Don't feed into their bullshit. This is real dude.
>>
Repeated statements like their claims of people being role players and all this bullshit is literally just a method of brainwashing to get rid of the initial "what the fuck" feeling that we get when we realize that we're being misled. Wake up. Don't go to sleep. This needs to stop.
>>
>>17034991
Australia, like many other continents are subject to 'continental drift'. The landmass moves approximately 1 cm south per year. There's literally nothing you have posted that doesn't have a scientific explanation. I don't want to be the /sci/ guy in an /x/ thread but you're just being retarded.
>>
I will say that I have had nausea and feelings of wooziness at times since I've been researching this. The Chick Fil A one and the Berenstain Bears in particular caused me to have some strong nausea I will say that.
>>
>>17048314
When I first heard about the Berenstein Bears I had the same thing pretty much, it was almost like a mental form of nausea. And I had the worst fucking dreams that night.

Although finding out about In-glour-ious Basterds just now more made me laugh.
>>
Holy shit. /x/ has reached a new level of stupidity. I thought it was at it's worst with the fucking flat-earth threads. Somehow that was topped.
>>
>>17042431
Fucking kill yourself you god damn delusional moron.
>>
>>17048363
Go and google trend inglorious and then inglourious basterds, see what you find.
>>
>>17048376
What exactly are you trying to prove?
>>
>>17048313
>I don't want to be the /sci/ guy in an /x/ thread

Why? /x/ needs a healthy dose of science honestly. There is an abhorrent amount of stupidity here.
>>
>>17048384
I asked you to do a little digging yourself rather than just taking snide potshots. Inglorious Basterds has 8 articles flagged over the years but yet Inglourious, none. care to expand on that?

>>17047880
also.
>>
>>17048394
>Inglorious Basterds has 8 articles flagged over the years but yet Inglourious, none. care to expand on that?

Inglorious is spelled just like that. Whenever people searched for a movie that contains that word, or a variation of it, they assume the spelling to be that. Pretty simple. If you think this somehow proves a parallel reality or alternative timeline you should feel bad for being that idiotic.
>>
>>17048403
Inglorious is a radically different spelling from Inglourious. Loads of people would have been asking QT "Hey why did you spell it in such a retarded fashion?" if he had done so. None did.

Find me one article which mentions the fact that he spelled Inglorious Inglourious. One. People are sticklers for that sort of thing and it would have been commented on, somewhere.

One article, please.
>>
>>17048414
You're a fucking retarded, dude.

http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/31686/why-was-inglourious-basterds-misspelt

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Inglourious-Basterds-misspelled-purposely-by-Quentin-Tarantino

>When asked for an explanation of the film's title's spelling during a news conference at the Cannes Film Festival, Tarantino said, "I'm never going to explain that".[24] When pushed on it, Tarantino would not explain the first u in Inglourious, but said, "The Basterds? That's just the way you say it: Basterds."[23][25] Tarantino later stated in an interview that the misspelled title is "a Basquiat-esque touch."[26] He further commented on Late Show with David Letterman that Inglourious Basterds is a "Quentin Tarantino spelling."[27]
>>
>>17047798
You're thinking of Zachery Ty Bryan.
>>
>>17048422
He's a bad speller in reality is the main reason, but there was a cut scene that would have explained why the baseball bat has it mispelled, back in the late 90s when the Bear Jew was still going to be played by Adam Sandler.

You wanna talk about weird alternate timelines...
>>
>>17048414
>Loads of people would have been asking QT "Hey why did you spell it in such a retarded fashion?" if he had done so. None did.
Because they were too busy asking about the more obvious retarded misspelling of "Basterds"
>>
>>17034991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUGJZrR9Jg
>>
File: 1432364874958.png (948KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1432364874958.png
948KB, 800x1130px
>>17038674
yeah no it never refered to berenstein simpley becuase its a brand new phenomenon and the show was made in 2010, i watched it summer 2015 before the change and it made no mention in the wiki or fan theorys regarding berenstien, even after i rewatched (after sept 23-24 when CERN did there testing) it and checked everything again it still made no mention of this phenmomon
>>17045100 < lattest thread
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz4wUoJ0-Ks >more examples
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/57232342/#57239483 < orignal thread
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14781388 < random examples
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/search/text/CERN/ < duh more CERN
>random links that may prove useful and inb4duplicates
http://press.web.cern.ch/backgrounders/cern-answers-queries-social-media
http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2014/04/time-traveler-the-man-who-built-a-time-machine-2446096.html
<i also posted the last thread and im an anime poster in all of my threads there are plenty more examples of this (panama canal goes EAST to WEST not NORTH to SOUTH)
>>
My god, this is quite possibly the stupidest thread I have ever seen on /x/, which is an incredible accomplishment.

Bravo you guys. Truly spectacular.
>>
>>17048768
Shill harder, scum.
>>
>>17048783
Yeah I don't believe in pseudo-science nonsense so I must be a shill for le illerminaty HAARP controlling reptilian alien trans-dimensional conspiracy

You need to go outside and stop believing every single fucking thing you read on the Internet

Why do I even bother you'll just dismiss me again like you do any dissenting opionion

Fun Fact: this is a major symptom of paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
Vader has always said "No, I am your father."

>Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
>Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
>Vader: Luke, I am your father.

Doesn't make sense.
>>
So growing up, the north pole ice thing was not on the map,ask why "cuz its a constantly changing mass of ice" blah blah global warming, years later blah blah melting ice caps, muh polar bears, northpole ends up being on the map, didnt think much about it, it gets smaller, photos and videos of them finding land on it(hyperborea) and thats it. Next thing i know, japans close as fuck to korea and the north pole is how i remember it years ago.
>>
File: 1433859352671.jpg (329KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1433859352671.jpg
329KB, 849x1200px
>>17048951
nice rewording im such a lazy fuck that i correct myself after the fact instead of just deleting the post,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway in my timeline the traffic lights used to go green yellow red now its red yellow green, also do yo see any other geography out of place?
>>
>>17048870
Did you ever watch a fucking movie when you were a kid? Look at all of that shit. Those things have ACTUALLY changed.
>>
File: thingg.jpg (29KB, 387x446px) Image search: [Google]
thingg.jpg
29KB, 387x446px
>>17048977
japan being further from korea and down closer to china, new zealand being closer to australia and 1 island when i was a kid

and think whatever this island was in the pic next to australia was there once
>>
File: 1435533059322.jpg (171KB, 420x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435533059322.jpg
171KB, 420x800px
>>17049022
tell me about this land my friend was it full of abos, asians, or whites ? what was the name of the countries and people that inhabited it
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 358x272px
>>17034991
>>17035042
>>17047798
>>17035054
>>17048314
>>17048340
>>17035662
>>
>>17049022
its madagascar btw
>>
>>17035042
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>17049051
>>17049055
the globe either traveled, or the video did
>>
>>17049068
>>17049055
>>17049051
>>17049022
http://mandelaeffect.com/more-moving-countries
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 681x496px
>>17049022
You do realize that the geography on globes change noticeably over time due to the fact that cartographers are slowly becoming more knowledgeable on how the continents look from a distance, right?
>>
>>17038500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-pDpLVVNc
>>
>>17049103
you do realize your derailing the point of the whole mandela effect with that nonsense
>>
>>17049119
Kek
>>
>>17047544
It's always been matchbox twenty, the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>17035042
when his mom says it to him she says "life is a box of chocolates"
>>
>>17049155
No she fucking doesn't
>>
>>17049138
but there used to actually BE twenty members

ah, my home universe... how i yearn for the glorious realm i called home.. ALAS!
>>
>>17037204
What the fuck. Seriously, what the fuck. It's Sterling, I know that!
>>
daily reminder that all the skeptics in this thread are less than 20 years old and their opinions do not matter
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 625x626px
>>17049424
>>
>>17049437
it's true though. all of you skeptics are only skeptics about it because you aren't even old enough to remember any of these things
>>
>>17049444
You're actually serious? I'm starting to question your age/mental health, anon.
>>
>>17049444
Stay delusion, bud. I don't have to tell you that, though.
>>
>>17049450
>>17049455
underage b& get out
>>
>>17048897
not a conspiracy guy, and, I know this is bait. but....
That is sort of what the comma does.
Makes it make sense.
>V: Did guy tell you about your dad?
>L: Guy told me enough! That you killed him!
>V: Luke, (pause....... as, in, in a sentence, that's what a comma does. Here, it would mean, "Luke, now, in contradiction of what you've been told." I am your father.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 625x626px
>>17049468
Jesus Christ, you're an idiot. Have a look at this article that refers to a scientific study. There are hundreds of others.
http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/idea-happened-memory-recollection
Put simply, anon, memories change. You might think you heard something a certain way a week/month/year/decade ago, when you really didn't. I'm not young, I just have common sense.
>>
No way, that one about Mirror Mirror couldn't be more wrong. I mean, hell, there's even this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U
>>
>>17046225
fag from other universe, fuck back there yer cunt
>>
I remember first pronouncing it as -stine, then the teacher said it was pronounced -steen. The cartoon was also -steen.

A lot of people seem to remember something similar, but does anyone remember their teacher saying it's actually an A?

I clearly remember -stein vs -steen, but never -stain. Stain is a common English word and knowing that it ends in -stain would help teachers explain how to pronounce it.

But my teacher said it rhymed with Shel Silverstein and contrasted that pronunciation with Einstein and Frankenstein. If it was an A, why did she do that?
>>
>>17049488
>newyorker.com
you're the moron you moron. you're trying to tell me that all of these people. ALL of them. who have the exact same recollection of how things used to be spelt and shit are simply "bad spellers"? stop projecting your shitty grammar on everyone else. things like "chic-fil-a" or "berenstein". why don't people remember it as "chik-fil-a" or "beranstein" or something then? why is it that everyone remembers the spelling as being a particular way if it's just a matter of "bad memory" or "bad spelling". how old even are you
>>
>>17049535
Because she was also wrong about the lettering.
>>
>>17049537
Please educate yourself.
>>
>>17049553
answer the question, shitcunt
>>
>>17049561
It honestly wouldn't be worth anything even if I did. You wouldn't listen. You are already convinced this is evidence of some alternate reality.
>>
>>17049537

hi
>>
>>17049569
so what makes you such an expert on this subject? how do you know things were always spelt a certain way? you're pretty much just lashing out at people out of envy
>>
>>17040245
How did they change it?
>>
>>17049537
>some people remember a couple letters of a word differently than they originally are
>it's been scientifically proven that it's human nature to only gather general information about something if the human brain doesn't consider it extremely important
>MUST BE A GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY GUYS
It's not the government changing things for the fuck of it, it's the way our brains work. How are you unable to understand something so simple?
Oh my god, the level of stupidity going on in this thread is ridiculous. There is no way you all are over 18/not trolling.
>>
>>17049569
Anon, that's not how this site works all the time, you answer others questions for the amusement of the third party lurkers(me).

My take on it is that the brain memorizes the patterns in the words but then they fade over time and get filled in with what our mind think 'fits' best in the situation.
>>
>>17049537
The other anon was not the person you responded to. My response is below.
>>17049583
You're killing me btw
>>
>>17049577
>so what makes you such an expert on this subject?

When did I say that?

>how do you know things were always spelt a certain way?

I never said this.

>you're pretty much just lashing out at people out of envy

Doesn't really surprise me are resorting to personal attacks based on nothing.
>>
>>17049583
>hurr durr its da way ur brens werk
how exactly do our brains work, anon? care to explain the intricate processes as to exactly how brains work? oh wait, you're just being a redditfaggot with no substance to his posts. again, answer the question, how old are you
>>
>>17034991
It has literally always been "No, I am your father"

The "Luke I am your father" just comes from tv shows misquoting it whenever they make a Star Wars reference.
>>
>>17049599
all of those things can be implied by your posts
face it, you're only being skeptical because you feel left out
>>
>>17049601
I already did explain it twice, you illiterate little shit. The brain only memorizes general information, and when it's missing information, it fills in the blanks-- and SO, it is only natural that multiple anons remember "chic-fil-a" as "chik-fil-a". That's how it works, and that's all there is to it. I'm not responding to you again, because it's impossible to reason with someone who has a calibre of stupidity so high that they believe the government is the reason they can't remember things perfectly.
>>
>>17049623
>it is only natural that multiple anons remember "chic-fil-a" as "chik-fil-a"
no one remembers it as "chik-fil-a" you dumbass. that was my whole point from that post. EVERYONE remembers it as "chic-fil-a".

>they believe the government is the reason they can't remember things perfectly.
i never blamed the government you stupid faggot
>>
>>17049614
>all of those things can be implied by your posts

Please, point out which posts are mine. I'm going to laugh my ass off when I you reply to ones that aren't mine.
>>
>>17049614
I think the word you are looking for is inferred.
>>
>>17049635
Yeah to think any government would be able to mindfuck so many people with this much success is laughable
>>
>>17049635

stop blaming the government for all of this. it's not a solid way of supporting your claims.
>>
>>17049635
Oh, I'm so sorry anon, I didn't realize I got it wrong, maybe I remembered it incorrectly because that's how my FUCKING BRAIN WORKS. I simply don't believe the spelling of a fast food restaurant is something I should perfectly memorize.

Then what do you think it is, anon? Aliens? Or possibly-- just possibly-- it's our own brains.
>>
>>17049653
>projecting his retard brain as everyone else's brain
don't do this, guys. it might turn you into a namefag
>>
>>17034991

this says a lot... you guys are cute

>>>/sci/7702400
>>
>>17049659
>implying /sci/ isn't migrants from r/atheism
>>
>>17049663
I don't think you've ever been there.
>>
>>17049666
The perfect trips on the perfect thread. Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>17049657
I guess I was the only person who was tested the hundreds of scientific studies proving that people's memories are warped over time. I saw you didn't have any argument because I proved you wrong so you decided to call me a namefag. Nice one. Im going to leave the thread now like I said I would earlier. You really can't reason with a stupid person.
>>
>>17049666
yeah, you're right. i don't go on reddit aka your homepage
>>
>>17049671
Then how would you know it's filled with the same people?
>>
>>17049670
you didn't prove anything though you shitcunt. put your name back on so i can laugh at you more
>>
We don't have chick-fil-a where I live, so the first time I ever saw one was in florida in 2013. It was chick, I assume they sell chicken there so it made sense to me
>>
>>17049681
because ever since the reddit-purge /sci/ turned even shittier than it used to be
>>
>>17049693
What are you even talking about? That didn't even answer my question. I knew you couldn't anyway. Of course you'd have to go to both places to know one community is like the other.
>>
File: image.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2KB, 225x225px
>>17049671 >>17049681

Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.
>>
There's one thing I'd like to see in these fucking Mandela threads, and that's a South African who remembers Mandela dying in prison.

There are all sorts of questions I'd like to ask them, like how bad was the rioting when Mandela died? What was the name of your country's first black president, if there ever was one? What year was apartheid officially ended, or was it ever ended? What was it like when you woke up one day and realized the history of your country over the past quarter century had radically changed?

Of course, you won't find a South African who remembers things this way because Nelson Mandela wasn't just a name they heard in the news occasionally, like he was to you. Likewise, you won't find any kiwis who remember New Zealand being in a completely different orientation relative to other countries because New Zealand is where they live and not an obscure piece of information they maybe had to memorize for a geography test once, like it is to you.

Literally every instance of this phenomenon can be chalked up to people who are so massively egotistical that they'd rather believe they're a slider or whatever bullshit than that they remembered some piece of trivia inaccurately.
>>
>>17049700
are you dumb as shit or just really stupid? do you not know what correlation is? or transitive property? kill yourself, ingrate
>>
>>17049702
I'm South African
>>
>>17049707
Quality post, bud.
>>
>>17049702
>>17049710
He didn't die in prison lol

No rioting when he died

Mandela was the first black president

It ended basically inn '94

Last question is difficult. It will take me a while.
>>
>>17049707
Some favor a cringe.
>>
>>17049712
>>17049719
>asks how i know /sci/ today consists mostly of redditors
>answer him in a clear way
>he still doesn't get it
>being this mentally challenged
>"le cringe meme xD"
>>
>>17049715
No shit, that's what happened. Congratulations, you're sane. We're looking for someone who is South African AND remembers Mandela dying in prison and everything that would have affected.
>>
>>17049731
Oh, so you're looking for a fucking retard then. Sorry, can't help you there. But hey, good luck with that.
>>
>>17049739
Well, my point was that no such person exists (although if they did, they would in fact be a fucking retard).
>>
>>17049746
no one in this thread was even talking about mandela. you're trying to pigeonhole the entire premise as a single instance that isn't even applicable
>>
>>17049702
What if all of South Africa switched universes and no one noticed.
>>
>>17049746
So what are you looking for then? Aren't you the dude who posted this >>17049702

You're not going to find a South African who remembers him dying in prison. Ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>17049753
Everyone in this thread was talking about minor spelling errors in ephemera from their childhood, which is so ludicrous it doesn't even merit discussion.
>>
>>17049764
even people who were adults at the time remembers the spellings being different from today you dumb chink
>>
>>17049763
I KNOW. The point was that it's pretty fucking convenient that the Mandela effect only happens for people who wouldn't be affected one way or the other by his death. Or people who wouldn't be affected one way or the other by a country changing positions. Nobody is affected by "Berenstein" or "Chic-Fil-a," that's just being an inattentive retard.
>>
>>17049785
>said the presumptuous 17 year old faggot who had no idea what the berenstein bears was until today
the fact that you think your opinion matters is hilarious
>>
>>17049785
Oh, I see. Okay, got you.

Well, for the record, there's no fucking Mandela effect, people. Move on.
>>
>>17049702
>>17049715
>>17049719
>>17049731
>>17049739
>>17049746
>>17049763
>>17049785
>>17049799
This dialogue was so asinine that I'm pretty sure it was samefag
>>
>>17049792
I remember my mom reading those books to my little brother in the 80s, faggot. And she pronounced it "stain." Not "stine," not "steen." I never heard anyone--kids, other adults--pronounce it any way other than "stain." Because it IS -stain. It always WAS -stain.

Oh, but not in YOUR home dimension, right? Which is why these pointless threads just go around in circles forever. There's no way to prove you wrong because we're from different dimensions, or I'm disinfo, or whatever.
>>
>>17049836
no, you're a underage fuckwit lying about his real age on an imageboard in the hopes of garnering some credibility where there is none. you feel left out so you lash out about it like a panzy
>>
>>17049850
I don't know why you're convinced I'm underage. I'm probably older than the average poster here. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Have fun playing pretend, I hope your tulpa gives you a handjob before bed tonight.
>>
>>17049858
because only an underage faggot like you would pretend to be so sure about the opposite of something that other people are actually sure about. you're only projecting your own shitty grammar on everyone else and basing your opinion on that
>>
>>17048870
You're the first to mention HAARP controlling reptilians faggot. Typical shill tactics, hurrrhurr dis is the stupidest thread ever.

>I don't believe in pseudo-science nonsense
Then go to >>>/sci/ not the board for paranormal things you stupid fuck.
>>
>>17049805
>>17049725
I'm just grinning at the irony of the implications you two have made. I made 2 posts on this thread (not including this one). Those were >>17049701 and >>17049719.
Congratulations on being fucking idiots.
>>
>>17049190
yes she does,did you even watch the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOnkiQRCUU
>>
File: IMG_20151206_084055.jpg (105KB, 720x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_084055.jpg
105KB, 720x829px
Also, this man used to be called Roy Schneider. We're gonna need a bigger boat.
>>
>Americans exceptionally bad at geography
>Somehow can perfectly pinpoint an island or a continent moving on the map/globe

makes me laff erry tiem
>>
>>17034991
people just make up their own version of names that in most of these cases atleast make much more sense.

For example, Forrest Gump is "Life IS like a box of chocolates" in german: "Das Leben ist wie eine Schachtel Pralinen."

Completly ignoring the fact that the english version actually used "WAS", the translators decided that "IS" made much more sense.

These made up versions that make in most cases much more sense then get told to others. And since they make so much more sense, half of all these people that never knew the original version in the first place (since they only got told by others and didn't actually watch these movies themselfs) are now wondering why it's actually incorrect.
>>
Just to clarify the "Berenstain" garbage once and for all.

The Child books were probably made by some german moving to the US after the second world war. Either that or through all the german immigrants the title got unofficial changed to make more sense to them, and the americans then accepted that version as the right one (because it made so much more sense.)

Anyway to tell you something about the name which makes the most sense.

Berenstein Bears

should be the correct name, ignoring all different versions of confusion out there.

In german that would be "Bärenstein Bären".
The "Beren" part sounds in english the same way "Bären" does in german. "Stein" is german for "Stone". The confused part comes from "Stain" which might be a missspelled version of "Stein" or just another word play like the "Beren" part.

To give the name a little more meaning, "Berenstein Bears" (Bearstone Bears) could be the name of a location of a stone with bears living under or around it, therefore being giving its name.

So much text for something that can be figured out in 10 seconds tops with little knowledge about the german language.
>>
File: 1429596363572.jpg (270KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1429596363572.jpg
270KB, 1200x960px
>all theses people saying pseudo science isnt the basis for scientific theory or inst the source of scientific and technological progress

like wtf i thought X would have less trolls and bots than /fit/ (which is still helpful)
why cant theses trolls BTFO and why cant the people who are skeptical(and everybody should be for everything) not atleast read the links and consider the science posted whether it be fiction or scientific before atleast posting about something you clearly haven't read about
more examples

- i finally found out why me and my many coworkers where having heavy headaches fro three weeks straight in the month of November. originally in my timeline thanksgiving was on the THIRD Thursday of November and after that time had passed my headaches which i stated was a means to wash away false memory's had slowed after thanksgiving and is subsiding now for everyone,.
>the color puce used to be this lime yellow green color, now it's a pinkish color
>charles shultz is now charles shulz
>the store JC Penny is now JC Penney
>in this universe the lindburgh baby was found
>Gene Wilder is alive again
>Fruit Loops is now Froot Loops
>Bob Marley was shot and killed in Jamaica, now in this universe he died from cancer in Miami
>Gremlins character (movie) – Spike or Stripe? The only reliable sources say it was always Stripe, not Spike.
>mohamad ali shouldve died during this fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLWYnTFz9PE
>japan is further north and east of where it used to be. never was next to korea, was further south and next to mainland china
PT 1
when did street lights become red, yellow, green instead of what i used to remember as green, yellow, red ?
>austrailia was further south and west, not as near to Indonesia as it is now
>new zealand is way further east than it was. also now it's two islands instead of one.
>sicily is much larger than it was
>nutella is owned by nestle not ferreno
>jiffy not jif
>>
This boggled the fuck out of my mind last night. The biggest hard-hitter for me was Snow White. I know deep down that it changed.
My ears hear, "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
My heart hears, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"
As for the other ones, I remember The Berenstein Bears, Chic-fil-a, and Sex in the City. I felt like I was going fucking crazy. Hell, I still think I might be going crazy, They were just small changes, but it was so subtle. Not enough people here are talking about the "Magic mirror..." vs. "Mirror, mirror..."
>>
>>17050600
funnily enough, it's "Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand..." in German as well. I don't quite understand why they chose "magic mirror" instead in the English translation, but hey, w/e
>>
>>17050695
I've heard that from multiple people in different languages now. What is going on?
>>
>>17050600
I feel you anon, when i was like 10 years old i for some reason I watched Snow white everyday for a good year and there is no way i could forget "Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"
>>
>>17050804
Exactly my point. You don't just forget something so memorable. If I get the chance, I might review my VHS tape and record it.
>>
>>17035092
This. I have no idea why people think this shit is a real conspiracy or prove of alternate universes. This is the worst type of lazy special snowflake. My bad memory/cognition as a child means I'm the most boring time-traveling wizard! Omg!
If you don't believe their shitty memories were real, you're just from this timeline which is only a step up from calling someone a shill. This whole thing is ridiculous.
>>
>>17051060
And yet you used "prove" when it should have been "proof".
You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
File: 2uf4tts[1].jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2uf4tts[1].jpg
41KB, 600x400px
>>17047388
About mixing his name up w/ Rob Schneider. Nope. I knew of Roy way before Rob was on SNL. Roy starred in Blue Thunder. Iloomenaughty kunfermed
>>
I haven't looked at map for quite some time now, since last year I had exam in geography and after passing it never looked at map. New zealand was 1 island, japan was up north and sicily was smalled. and "mirror mirror on the wall" is all i remember. oh and also "like is like a box of chocolates"
>>
>>17051188
holy fuck i cant even type, smaller* life*
>>
>>17034991
I thought for years that Ronald Dahl wrote Charlie and the Chocolate factory. >Roald
>human brain is fucking weird
>>
>>17051430
That's one that I don't remember ever changing. For me it has always been "Roald". It's as if there were several alternate Earths and then we all came here with different "memories".
It's kind of like the scene in The Matrix: Reloaded where Neo learns that there have been 7 identical copies of the matrix.
>>
>>17050600
>>17050804
>>17050852
>>17051188
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Mirror
>>
>>17051487
How does that prove or disprove anything?
>>
>>17051430
Its roald dahl always has been.
>>
Days of events also changing.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.