[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experience's in the Rockies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0002.jpg (689KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
689KB, 2048x1536px
Hey /x/. I mostly browse /k/, but I have gotten kinda paranoid the past couple of days. I've tried to type this story out but the threads keep getting pruned or deleted before I can.

>Be me, a year ago, 17 yrs/old with two buddies named L and T
>September 2014

We were going camping up in the Alberta Rocky Mountains for 2 nights because it was L's birthday and it was grade 12 n it was gonna be fun. We did this really unplanned, but we are all very experience hikers and campers n stuff. Our parents were pretty chill with this because we had planned it at the end of Gr. 11 but several bear attacks around our intended area made us call it off.

The place where we were going is by Canmore, Alberta. We had gone here a couple of times in the past with school for camping so we were pretty comfortable. L had gotten a 3 man tent for his birthday and I had bunch of MRE's and T had all the MSR stoves and stuff. anyways, we had Friday off so we dropped our stuff off at L's house on Thursday night and then left pretty early in the morning on Friday. We took L's jeep and got to the start of the hike around 9:00am. It was DESERTED (Usually very popular, that why we chose this place). The sky was also blocked out by smoke from BC/Pacific NW due to the giant fires. We thought it was just overcast, but then we started to smell the smoke and it was disappearing.

I'm pretty fit, but before I broke my hand I was exceptionally fit and L had been canoeing/portaging across Alberta for a month and a half so he was also very fit and he had gotten used to his gear. Ty was also pretty fit but was also carrying the lighted load of the gear due to a messed up sternum birth defect thing. but the thing is that literally none of us could breath. I can't really describe it but it was like having your head under the covers for way too long, like you put you head under but you couldn't take you head out. I kept glancing over to L and T and they were very pale.

Ch. Limit.
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (968KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
968KB, 1536x2048px
>>16998344
So I look over at L and T and we sit down at a flat ledge and try to breath. I took off my bag and laid down flat and same with L but T had his hand in his pocket and and kept looking around. T has been hunting since he was very young, hes been stalked by cougars before and been very relaxed about all of it. But I have never seen him so nervous and twitchy before. And T is literally chill its almost bad. But his face, its like seeing a new emotion or different colour. I start to be able to breathe again but L is still drained. I look around and my eyes get really heavy like kinda deflated but tight, like I just need to close my eyes. I'm kinda nervous that this is happening because its like 9:30 am and its slightly out so why would I need to fall asleep. T starts helping me put on my bag and he takes Ls bag while L gets his breath back.

Its literally the weirdest thing ever.

So we keep moving up the trail, trying to make small conversation both to keep our minds off the experience and to kinda alert wildlife. Except there was no squirrels or any birds, probably because of the smoke though.

We eventually enter the canyon, and the canyon actually has pictographs from First Nations way way way back in time, but I immediately felt that there was a different reason for the lack of animals, like the stereotypical feeling of being watched, but more aggressive. Also, there was not very much sound, both due to the way the mountains were and the smoke.

As we moved further up/in to the canyon/mountain we saw several university students and their professor. I'm guessing they were Geology because they were staying very far away from the Pictographs. It was about 4 or 5 students and the professor who had a horse. Growing up in Calgary, you tend to see horses pretty often and I have never seen a horse this terrifyed. It wasn't moving its tail or snorting or anything. It was very very scared and would turn around very often

ch. limit.
>>
>>16998344
Continue with the story OP
>>
let's go
>>
come on, you fucking faggot
>>
bumping so that we can get an ending.
>>
Lost all expectations in OPs writing ability from the first word of the topic.
>>
Went ahead and read it anyway against my better judgement

tl;dr unlike all the animals and other people OP and his friends do not grasp that smoke is dangerous
>>
Holy shit bump
>>
Okay my hand fucking hurts I'm sorry
>>
>>16998453
>Its literally the weirdest thing ever.
wow op you
>experience'd
Minor oxygen deprivation from altitude/smoke, that IS weird
CONTINUE MUTHAFUCKA
>>
>>16998453
This horse was pretty much "jumping" when it turned around. Like on its hind legs, while on those shale and round rocks. Not like a cowboy movie type lift both legs up but like it looked like a human when we hear noises at night or see something in your window and you jump. The packs on the horse were weighing it down so it couldn't move and to be serious I am amazed the horse hadn't broken its legs already. But like the horse was mute. Like the only things you could hear where the rocks rolling/colliding. Like it was weird I've never seen a animal act like it before especially a horse, but the professor and even the students were just dead quiet and not even trying to calm the horse down.

We walk past the horse and then we start going up and the canyon kinda opens up. Its pretty much a dry river bed and then small and flat ridge that goes up the side before becoming river bed again. But on both sides it is very smooth rock and is straight up. I try to break the silence and see what L and T think of it. L agrees it was kinda weird especially the horse and then, (I almost crapped myself) how fucking odd one of the students was. I look back and T immediately grabs that cluster of nerves by my elbow to stop me. I turn to ask him wtf that was for, but the expression on his face stuck my throat up. Like his head was forward and was kinda bobbing normally like he was looking at stuff on the trail, but his eyes were very wide and looking at me. Like his entire body was natural but his eyes were telling me "Do not look back, if you want to leave".

I immediately get really cold inside as my adrenaline hits my bloodstream. You know when you look over a really tall cliff or something? Like you know how its like your heart jumps up? I felt like I had just been pushed standing near the cliff. Like I could feel my intestines get more blood for flight/fight fuel. Its actually in my head, that raw feeling.

Sorry, my hand was hurting really bad ch. limit.
>>
>>16998911
No. Where I live is at like 3560 ft alitude and I have been hiking all my life. It was also like the base part of the hike.
>>
File: IMG_0013.jpg (494KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.jpg
494KB, 2048x1536px
>>16998925
So, I had a choice. T who is responsible and chill as hell is now suddenly acting scared, which has never happened. L pretty much passed out, saw something that T saw (T saw something much more than L). I have been feeling weird and the horse was morbid. But on the other hand like it was still kinda fun just doing this and the idea of independence was appealing. We were all pretty excited about this.

I know this is sounding "I had a choice, my fiends or my ego" but whatever. I decided that I was just going to not dwell on this because this is real life and those stories are fiction. We kept going up, and after 45min or so the nervousness kinda disappeared because we had kinda reached where we used to camp with our school and we kinda joked about our Math teacher/Outdoor teacher and his love for cheesy hotdogs. There was also this odd rock that was cut smoothly in half, like a cutting board, which was ideal for cold meals. The sky was also noticeably clearer, but the hike was around an hour longer that what we had usually done.

L had definitely gotten better and T had calmed down, and we started to set up L's tent. We also tied off our tarps and put our bags underneath. We also took some food out (bagels n PB) and pretty much stuffed ourselves with the food so no animals get interested in our camp. We didn't have reception up there and there was a mountain we could explore, so we just decided to go for a hike further up the trail.

Now, the only really way up is on the flat river bed, but the rocks are pretty smashed so its only mud/dirt and then the odd giant boulder. We just kinda wander up the hill, and I just keep talking, mostly out of the need to tell wildlife that we are here.

Ch. Limit. Sorry about the late posts.
>>
>>16999031
>the smoke thinned and amazingly we started feeling better
fucking amazing do go on
>>
>>16999031
MOAR
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (762KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
762KB, 2048x1536px
>>16999031
I know it sounds like I am dragging this out but there were so many odd fucking things that happened.

Anyways, so pretty much we just talked about school, wishing that there were girls who were chill with camping so we could bring them out with us, talking about our shit teachers, etc, etc, etc. L opened up and we started asking him bout his trip canoeing and stuff. I check my watch and we've been hiking for about and 1.5 hours, which felt like 45 min. I update L and T, L decides we should at least go to this drop in the river. It turned out to be pretty much like a large boulder that was caught inbetween the smooth 90 degree slop and the small outcrop of land. We go up to it and its at least 8 ft tall. I am the tallest one so I go up and try to get a view. T gives me a leg up and I can peer over. Pretty much what I saw was like a prairie but of giant boulders. There were then two overarching cliffs on bothsides, meaning this was the only exit out of here, besides continuing up the mountain. I tell L and T, and we decide to cut it short and head back to the tent.

It was weird though, the open space. It was like planet of the apes or something. We head back and I start feeling the "hunted" feeling again. Like the aggressive, violent intention of someone you cant see but can see you. The worst part is that on both sides there is just a 70 degree face of very smooth rock. Above the faces, there are small outcroppings of earth and trees.

We get back to the camp and I start the stove for supper, and it is noticeably darker out. Because its a canyon once the sun is gone it is gone, so this is pretty much the smoke which has rolled up the mountain, but because of the light, we can see texture in the smoke still and can tell the direction of the wind. I'm not sure why but this just kinda a clear memory I have in my brain when I think about this trip.

Ch. Limit
>>
>>16999092
Cool blog
>>>/out/
>>
File: IMG_0029.jpg (921KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0029.jpg
921KB, 2048x1536px
>>16999092
So this part is when I think we actually met something that eats humans. Like you know how bears/tigers/lions/cougars will generally not attack humans unless they are ill or starving?

So as I am prepping dinner and kinda whistling to myself, this old kinda dude walks up to our camp and says hello and stuff. He kinda asks about our camp and like says good job and stuff. He asks us why were here on a Friday and we tell him about the long weekend. The dude is pretty chill and as the sterotypical old hiker dude with the grey long socks and boots and khaki short shorts, with the blue collar shirt and giant sun hat and hiking cane that he leaned on with both hands. He also says we should probably kind cut our trip short because of the smoke (We didn't have reception) because of fire/ranger warnings. We thank him but before he goes he also asks where the giant sand cave (Its a popular thing up on this mountain) is. I tell him the directions and he thanks me and walks off.

It was like genuine human interaction, it feels weird saying "genuine" because usually a human is a human, they are all humans.

So I couldn't get the stove started and because I didn't want to break T's stove I called him over to ask him to help while I watch. He comes over and starts the stove easily and I try to ask him what was going on earlier. He makes eye contact with me again and goes over and works on the tarps. I kinda get nervous again, but I get the beans n pork n spices out for supper. I start cooking while L and T lounge by the tent. Its definitely gotten darker, with the sun going part way down the mountain.

I'm bent over cooking on the stove when I hear "Sand Cave". I look up and freak out a bit. Its the same old dude standing in front of me. He is way to close for me to not have heard him, because his boots would of booted some gravel or something. I kind of stumble backwards and get up, slowly moving backwards, away from this man.

ch. limit.
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>16999243
What I realize Immediately is that this "man" is literally balancing on his toes, and his hiking cane isn't touching the ground. Like He is trying to look like he is touching the cane to the ground, but it is being held very tight and slightly above the ground. I kinda stare for a minute before catching my thoughts. I tell him its only like a kilometer away and its on the left. Thats when I actually see his face. The eyes are wide as fuck, but his top face is frozen, and his mouth is like cycling through emotions. Like grinning to scowling to pouting to looking like its yelling to baring its teeth. Again I'm kinda staring, when it says "Can you show me" and kinda repeats itself quietly in different pitches. I realize I already told the dude, and tell him the directions and how easy it is, when it says "Can you show me" it the exact same voice as before and echoes himself again with the cycling of the pitch. I'm like wtf and just say sure, but T from behind me says "Yo J, can you help me with the tarps".

I swear to god the old man said "help me" quietly but in like this weird animal voice that was like raspy as if his jaws shouldn't be this closed. Like an animal trying to speak. It was weird as fuck. I watch him leave and he just walks straight off the ridge and drops a solid 5 feet with locked legs, and he continues walking up the river bed and looks like he is trying to get something out of his throat or like a cat with a hairball, or like laughing with his back rolling.

>pic is where he just dropped off the ridge and went left up the hill.
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (580KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
580KB, 1536x2048px
>>16999312
I look back at L and T and they are just with the most "what the actual fuck" face.

We are actually terrified at that point because we have no reception, we have been feeling like something wants to hurt us all day, and then this fucking mimick knows how many of us there are, where we are, and probably is getting hungry after digesting that poor old dude. also, we have to hang up our fucking food and the only tree far enough away and is big enough to hold the food is in the river bed where we are exposed and where the mimick thing jumped off the fucking drop. Also, it is is pitched black in 20 min.

We slurp down the dinner and throw it all in a dry sack, not giving a fuck about it and realize we don't have a throwing anchor to loop the chord around. Also I my headlamp is dead. We book it out to the tree (it is pitch black now) and we try to find a rock to tie the rope to. We eventually find one and rembrandt it upwards. I start taking a piss (I thought maybe this would distract the walker)

I will not forget the next couple of events as long as I live

The rock comes crashing down and the valley explodes with sound. and then the sound repeats. Like the first rock (our rock) hit, and at first it sounded like echoes, but then it got louder and more and more rocks were starting to comedown. It sounded like a rockslide but it was only like 1 or 2 at a time. We looked at L and T and we booked it to the tent.

>pic is us trying not to end up as First Nation Legends poo
>>
>>16999348
what the actual fuck is that in the picture.

Does anyone see those faces?
>>
>>16999352
Can't see shit cap'n
>>
>>16999348
Ok.

Uh.

That photo is the first time I have looked at it.

wtf

Alright so we booked it into the tent and got quiet as fuck.

We started to hear T's voice from way down in the valley, where it was still a canyon. It was the "Help me" but in a scream. Like it was not natural sounding. We could tell it was a calm voice that had been changed, but like it was also like it was coming from an organic voice that wasn't a humans. We hid under our fucking bags, honestly this thing wasn't something you could reason with or understand. I have never experienced this fear before.

And then the fucking horse started to scream. It fucking screamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIdGCpsuog

That, but you could hear its throat go rough. Fuck. Like it echoed up through the fucking canyon into this distorted fucking manipulation. I remember that it was tied to a tree with the weight on. Its fucking screams were cut out by this fucking monster that copied humans.
>>
>>16999348
What did your friends see? Earlier when you encountered the horse and students/professor? Have you asked them?
>>
>>16999388
Did T died?
>>
>>16999385
The white face in the trees and the two eyes and nose in the upper part
>>
File: Seriously what the fuck.jpg (630KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously what the fuck.jpg
630KB, 1536x2048px
>>16999385
>>16999348
>>16999352
>>
>>16999410
I don't see anything in the top one, I thought the bottom part was just light from your camp or whatever
>>
>>16998925
I was just leaving for work about 530 am early day.
About 15 mins after leaving I realized I forgot my wallet at home.
Called my boss confirmed I'd be late.
Got home realized that I had my wallet the whole time figured I would take a piss while at home, now this is where it got wierd. I noticed it seemed that some of the cars were misplaced compared to when I left home, shook it off to the sun being out now.
Got inside pulled out my ...........
my balls were hairy
..... I had shaved the night before
This I even shook as to maybe I dreamed I'd shaved.
so thinking I was still I morning dilema even after I'd been awake for over an hour.
I drive back to work my boss fires me on the spot.
I get into confused argument because he said it would be fine to be late that day.
Find out that I was no call no show at work for 4 days.
Look at my dick Again.......
.......it's shaved
I checked into the hospital and was diagnosed with temporary pyscosis
>>
>>16999031
I was just leaving for work about 530 am early day.
About 15 mins after leaving I realized I forgot my wallet at home.
Called my boss confirmed I'd be late.
Got home realized that I had my wallet the whole time figured I would take a piss while at home, now this is where it got wierd. I noticed it seemed that some of the cars were misplaced compared to when I left home, shook it off to the sun being out now.
Got inside pulled out my ...........
my balls were hairy
..... I had shaved the night before
This I even shook as to maybe I dreamed I'd shaved.
so thinking I was still I morning dilema even after I'd been awake for over an hour.
I drive back to work my boss fires me on the spot.
I get into confused argument because he said it would be fine to be late that day.
Find out that I was no call no show at work for 4 days.
Look at my dick Again.......
.......it's shaved
I checked into the hospital and was diagnosed with temporary pyscosis
>>
>>16999436
you what
>>
>>16999388
I don't remember sleeping that night for obv reasons, and I didn't say anything and neither did L or T, and I didn't hear anything else that night.

We didn't move until we could clearly see the sun through the tent. I know everyone wanted to get to L's jeep and get the fuck home or at least on the highways where we can put some distance between us and Mr. Wendigo(?). Got T's attention by poking him with my foot and motioned to the door. I opened the door and slowly looked around. I didn't look up and tried to see if there were any weird shadows on the ground incase it was in the trees. I didn't see anything and got out. T and L slowly got out and we stuffed all the compressible things in my bag and folded up the tent and we left the tarp and cording on the trees. We then quickly cut the bear bag down.

I quickly checked out the place where I pissed and the ground was all clawed up and stuff, like hair was pressed into the ground.
>>
>>16999433
>>16999436
Thx for the bump
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>16999457
So we started to head down the mountain, towards where the fucking horse was screaming and where the university kids were staying.

We got through the canyon and it felt like were being watched again. We found where the horse was tied up and the tree was actually snapped sideways. Like not a giant tree, but still an adult tree was fallen.

>pic related is the tree fallen and what the canyon looks like when you want to leave

It was clean as fuck though, no blood or anything we could see while we briskly walked through.

idk I heard some noises above us like something was trying to keep up with us along the top side parts of the canyon and it was like fucked up horse screams that were kinda being distorted n stuff, and T would keep kind kinda urging to look at the ground and not up.

We got down the hill and to the jeep, and got the fuck out.

In the car we talked about what the fuck happened and I got mad as fuck at T for not telling us what he saw. Apparently T was out at porcupine hills and similar things happened to him, with on of the hunting guys acting fucking weirdly. T and L saw one of the uni students bent over looking at the wall, but his face was similar to the mimick thing that asked for me to show it where the cave was, but T said the horse kept like looking into the trees and up the canyon wall. So it was probably seeing 2 other fucking things.

Fucking wierd n terrifying. Like It wanted me to go with it alone. Apparently T realized how that would of fucking gone.
>>
File: IMG_4986.jpg (889KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4986.jpg
889KB, 3264x2448px
>>16999534
K sorry to abruptly end but there is a forrest behind my house and ever since I went on this camping trip Ive been paying attention more and things are definitly in there besides coyotes and deer. Im hearing a lot of shit move around in there and on my roof. Fuck this shit. Its pitch black out and im seeing humanoid shapes and silhouettes. Jesus fuck im serious what the fuck. I need to go to bed.
>>
I see no "humanoid" shapes at all op.
>>
OP your writing took a nosedive towards the end there.
>>
You're a fucker op...I was really enjoying that shit and you had to shit on it with that shit ending!
>>
'Twas me! I was scary mimic-man, I gobbled up the old man and you were my next target! Oh how angry I am with T and L for foiling my plan! But beware, I will eat you AND your small pet, and then your mother!
>>
>>16999645
To late...I already ate his mother ;D lol
>>
>>16999348
>>16999352
>>16999388
>>16999406
>>16999410
ITT: Anon forgets to detrip when samefagging
>>
>tfw op's name is C
>>
Ive told this story half a dozen times on /x/, but I ran into some sort of inteligient beats or beast men in Lake Louise campground back in 2005.

Something with hooves but smart enough move a large treesstump/fire wood in front of my tent entrance.

Windigo or skin walker, either way I bet its the same thing as your beastie op.
>>
>>16999847
Did you go to the castle?
>>
>>16999892
>>16999898
>>
>>16999873
The chateau? I saw it once or twice but never had any reason to ever go in.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.