[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i ching general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: images.png (6KB, 244x166px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 244x166px
how does it work? was terrence mckenna right about it? what kind of questions should i ask it? how can i get into a good habit of using it? any other important information?

just got a copy the other day
>>
File: UzbekistanUfoMindMatrix.jpg (39KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
UzbekistanUfoMindMatrix.jpg
39KB, 320x263px
contrast secret
>>
>>16982465
>2015
>Using the butt drying Jew

Are there people on this board who unironically use a product designed to remove natural lubricants and pheromones from the glute area? Do you think your white ancestors wiped down there? Why do you continue doing so? Are you happy giving billions of dollars to the Jew-controlled TP industry?

Ever since I dropped the toilet paper Jew I've noticed I sit more comfortably because my cheeks have a natural layer of soiling that prevents abrasion and rubbing. I've also saved countless hours over the last few years since I don't spend all those tedious moments wiping after relieving myself. I've also kept more of my hard earned dollars away from Jewish brands like Charmin and whatnot.

It's time to leave this Jewish product behind. Feel free to share your experiences with quitting TP.
>>
>>16982829
what is this?

>>16982830
is this some pasta or something?
>>
>>16982465
It works via a logarithm; coin method sucks. Use sticks, or cards if you have some.

You should ask the oracle anything and everything, though the more detailed the question, the better. This isn't Tarot, and answers tend to be slightly less variable, and fairly more precise.

A good habit of use is taking the time to actually run the sticks method:
>pile of 50
>remove one, set aside
>divide into two piles
>take one pile, start making stacks of four
>take remainder when done, put between last and next to last fingers
>repeat two more times
>count number of piles left (between 6 and 9)

RE: TM, he had some decent thoughts but I've not checked his exact math.
>>
First off, there is no need to create a divination thread (or iChing/Yìjīng thread) when we already have /div/ in place >>16980539

Second of all, yeah - Mckenna believed in synchronicity, law of attraction, and the psychological impact of the collective unconscious. He was also big into drugs and magick.

>what kind of questions should i ask it?
Pretty much anything - its a divinatory method. As Mckenna says "seeming random scenarios that explain unique questions". Interpretation is key.

>how can i get into a good habit of using it?
>Get an the iChing book
>get coins, sticks, or another RNG method to determine the hexagrams
>read and interpret

>just got a copy the other day
Good job! Now all you have to do is practice and apply. See if the answers you get are congruent with the queries you ask.
>>
>>16983153
>RNG
But the numbers produced by the sticks or even the coins are NOT random, they have a specific pattern of odds based on the original method that the coins move slightly away from.

Hence why I recommend the sticks, or you're going to get hexagrams that are divorced from the statistical assumptions of the whole system.
>>
>>16983161
This is true. They are as you said, logarithmic.

>original method
Before coins and sticks and whatnot - you forget that they used animal bones and turtle shells that were tossed or burnt

So, yeah, "RNG".
>>
>>16982465
Timewave Zero is troll science.
The I Ching was originally a compilation of military strategies. The names of hexagrams were mnemonics to remember positions that showed strengths and weaknesses of a platoon's formation in a determinate terrain.
Confucius used it to explain some of his ideas about life and society because that's what he did: he used everyday-life metaphors (the maiden about to be married, the farmer reaping a harvest) to explain his conception of life.
>>
>>16983173
I'd argue that the bone/fire method is more like bibliomancy (given the logographics) than the later codified method, at least that's my interpretation of the evidence we have.
>>
>>16983183
Yeah, I feel ya. Semantics.

I feel like it's all under the umbrella of bibliomancy - since the iChing book is involved. Determining the hexagrams is where you can involve other forms of divination

>pyromancy
fire
>sortilege
tossing of bones/lots
>theriomancy
animals or animal bits
>via Nature (such as anthomancy)
sticks
>numismatomancy
coins

And various, various others of math prophecies and number prophecies.
>>
File: 1447683233060.jpg (95KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1447683233060.jpg
95KB, 680x510px
>>16982465
>how does it work?
Because the universe is a unified and meaningful whole, any complete system of rendering it can be used as an "oracle." It operates as an external device in conjunction with the subconscious and supraconscious of the "reader." The ultimate problem with divination systems is that because of our lower natures, the extra knowledge feeds into our need for power so this enflames the ego into an false position over our fears, rather than naturally overcoming them which makes it dangerous. That's why it is forbidden by most major religions and should never be taken lightly if used at all. The real path is entirely within ourselves and our natural connection to the world around us.
>You're welcome.
>>
>>16983200
Ever read entrails?

I'd like to get into that if I had access to expendable farm stock again.
>>
>>16983203
I'm curious about that. How does one read entrails? Do you just guess? Are there actual books to help?
>>
>>16983203
I've always wanted to perform haruspices or other forms of divination via entrails (like extispicy - which pertains to sacrificed animals).
>>
>>16983125
AN Uzbekistan ufo master mind spooky matrix
>>
File: Piacenza_Bronzeleber.jpg (366KB, 1914x1266px) Image search: [Google]
Piacenza_Bronzeleber.jpg
366KB, 1914x1266px
>>16983207
The Etruscans actually made guides out of bronze formed into the shape of a sheep liver.
>>
>>16983141
>>16983161
>they have a specific pattern of odds based on the original method that the coins move slightly away from.

could you please explain this a little more in depth? i don't really understand what you're trying to say, and as someone who regularly uses the coin method, i would like to know why, if necessary, i should try a different method
>>
File: cube 1.gif (923KB, 366x385px) Image search: [Google]
cube 1.gif
923KB, 366x385px
>>16983125
>>
>>16983202
>any complete system of rendering it can be used as an "oracle." It operates as an external device in conjunction with the subconscious and supraconscious of the "reader."
this sounds really interesting, but i'm struggling to understand exactly what you mean. so basically the logarithm is a way of hacking into the nature of the universe? that seems pretty farfetched
>>
so does truly any RNG work? i found this website
https://www.random.org/

where i can set the maximum at 64, but for some reason, using a website doesn't feel right
>>
>>16982465
this is actually one of the things terence mckenna was least right about..
but there's still something to it, and i use an iching app on my phone all the time.
think of it as a holy book that you read a few lines at a time in random order.
or think of it as a fortune cookie without the cookie.
is there a reason or intelligence or pattern to the chaos of the universe? that one's still up for debate
>>
>>16983699
you should use a coin flip generator and flip three coins six times.
like this http://www.eclecticenergies.com/iching/virtualcoins.php
>>
>>16983581
Probability tables here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching_divination#Yarrow_stalks
>>
>>16983777
>is there a reason or intelligence or pattern to the chaos of the universe? that one's still up for debate
haha i like that a lot. very simple and sincere way of looking at the i ching. thanks anon
>>
>>16983810
i will say i think terence was right about this idea: that as the western scientists worked to thoroughly categorize physical states of being, like elements and whatnot, the eastern thinkers who developed the i-ching were trying to do the same thing to imaginary or experiential states of being.
I think that idea is on to something and that the iching is more precise than european tarot (featuring more numerous and basic elements), but i think it's possible in the future it could be shown to go further than the 64 hexagrams and an even more precise and ACCURATE model could be constructed
>>
>>16983837
sweet. yeah when i heard him talk about how the west has always been concerned with the physical, while the east, with the metaphysical, eastern mysticism suddenly made a lot more sense to me
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.